[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask me anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 16

Ask a 19 year old female who traveled to Seoul, Bangkok, Siem Reap, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Berlin, Bruges, Prague, Budapest, Krakow, Milan, Rome, Barcelona, Cardiff, anything (travel related). No shitposting pls.

Backstory: I flew from the states to Korea to visit some family this June. Then I just had this strong desire to go somewhere alone. My grandparents were very worried, because then I was still 18 and they tend to be overprotective. I just booked a flight to Bangkok for a week, but what was supposed to be a week turned into 2, and I met great people in a hostel who convinced me to come to Cambodia with them. Best decision of my life.

I then came home, worked my ass off for a month, saved enough money to go interrailing in Europe. I go back home next week.
>>
How many different people did you have sex with while travelling? Not shitposting here, genuinely wondering.
>>
how did you feel about bruge? I'm going to visit Ghent some time in the next couple of months and was thinking about taking a day trip to bruge, worth it or nah?
>>
>>1189911
Have you 'found yourself'?
>>
>>1189912
A lot. I didn't just fuck randoms though (well except for some drunken nights...), I think almost everyone I had sex with I was initially friends with. Like someone I was hanging out with at the hostel and we'd go sightseeing together, etc. I'm friends with most of them on Facebook and with some of them I clicked with, we still keep in touch.

>>1189916
Lovely little city. I stayed there for 3 nights I think and it felt like a drag but I think a day trip would be worth it. I wish I had taken a day trip to Ghent. Its a very walkable city that feels like a very clean Amsterdam. I recommend it.
>>
>>1189921
Lol

>guaranteed/r9k/ rage incoming
>>
>>1189921
>A lot

Common, give us a number ;)
>>
where did you get the money to do it? What about school?
>>
What languages do you speak?

How much $ did you spend per week while abroad?
>>
>>1189947

>>
>>1189971
How long were you gone?
>>
>>1189911
I remember your thread from before you went to Bangkok. I suggested Bed Station to you. I remember you banged the British dude in Bangkok.
>>
>>1189911

>traveled to Seoul, Bangkok, Siem Reap, London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Berlin, Bruges, Prague, Budapest, Krakow, Milan, Rome, Barcelona, Cardiff

I'm gonna sound like an absolute faggot here, but like, those are pretty normal countries and i think everyone and their 15 year old sister has either been to them already or can very easily get to them with basically no issues.

Why did you make a thread about this?
>>
>>1189992
If you really think about it, this is a feat for a woman Especially solo and her age. I mean most women post shit like this >>1189536

Hell, even her Bangkok thread was unusual as she had an idea of what she wanted to do, and even already had an AirBnB, even better than most of the male anons"I'm going to Bangkok, what do?" threads.
>>
>>1189911
OMG YOU WENT TO EUROPE AND 3 CITIES IN ASIA.

I WISH I HAD A MEDAL FOR YOU

MIND IF I "ASK YOU ANYTHING' I'VE NEVER MET ANYBODY THAT'S BEEN TO AMSTERDAM OR LONDON BEFORE. SO EXOTIC
>>
>>1189993

>If you really think about it, this is a feat for a woman Especially solo and her age.

Not really tbqh, these are basically the biggest tourist cities and safest tourist cities in the world

Not sure what country you live in but I've got female friends that have been solo in some pretty interesting places, one of my best friends is heading off to Kenya atm and she has also been to most of eastern Europe and India either solo or with one other female friend. I mean, out of that list Siem Reap is probs the most 'unusual' destination, but its basically a massive tourist town and pretty safe and easy, the rest is basically normal western countries.

I'm just saying its strange to have a thread like this.
>>
>>1189911
WOW
That's an impressive list OP, so when are you heading to:
India
Egypt
?
>>
>>1189993
>Especially solo and her age.

imagine a friend shows you his 5-years-old's drawing. It may be impressive for a 5 year old, but it's still just a little kid's drawing, you know?
same with the OP
>>
>>1189971
That bait.
>>
>>1189992
This. I'm not even trolling but it's just stupid to start a thread about it unless it's just to talk about yourself. I'll guess that you have othing of value to share except how you got fucked by natives.
>>
People make these AMA threads all the time. Y'all are just sperging out because it's a chick.
>>
>>1190170
Most of them have some quality content to contribute, though.

>20 posts
>still nothing
>>
>>1189920
To be honest, in some ways I feel much more "enlightened" and in some ways, more lost than ever.

>>1189948
So my trip to Korea was all paid for by my grandparents because it was a post-grad present and because they wanted me to stay with them in Korea. I also got a lot of grad money to travel in Bangkok and Cambodia and also, it was WAY cheaper, making it easy to budget.

After that, I realized I wanted to travel to Europe so when I came back home, I worked 3 jobs to save up as much as I could and booked a really cheap flight to London.

School-wise, I just graduated HS in June. I got rejected from my dream school and got into my other top choice, but my college funds had to be used for my dad's emergency eye surgery and the tuition was just too expensive (didn't get enough financial aid, cost of living in NY, etc). I decided to apply to a rolling admission school that my friend recommended me and I got in for spring enrollment.

...And that's how I accidentally got a gap semester. Actually, the day before my flight to London, before my European excursion, the school called and said they had a fall opening and if I wanted to take it. So, so glad I didn't.

Now I feel like I want to take the whole year off, not just this semester. But I will be starting college upcoming Jan.
>>
>>1189982
Haha, thank you for that! I think I've said this last time but Bed Station helped me open my eyes on how to travel and I met so many wonderful people there. My family's way of traveling is less immersive and cultural, more relaxation-based. I never even thought of staying at a hostel till your rec. One of the girls there and I became really close, and she's French. She let me stay in her flat when I visited Paris for the first time. Thanks again.
>>
>>1190186
French-Korean American Lesbian sex?
>>
>>1189992
>>1189995
>>1190024
>>1190161

I made a thread because
>traveling half the globe at 18, alone, female is an impressive feat and I thought others could benefit from the answers I can give them

I don't think I made it clear but I traveled to all those places in the span of last couple months. I began traveling in June, and did Seoul, Bangkok, Siem Reap, came home in August. I took off again in September and backpacked through Europe.

The difference between "everyone and their 15 year old sister has either been to them already or can very easily get to them with basically no issues" and me is that I didn't go to Paris on summer break with my family, then visited London, etc. I planned out a route, saved up money, and just dove in. I thought traveling like this would be impossible for me until I was like 30. But I made it happen and I posted another thread about going to Bangkok alone as an 18 year old female and others seemed interested on how I managed.

I see threads ALL the time about all of these places I've been to. So if anyone is interested in said place, they can feel free to ask me, since I was just in these places for the last couple of months.

>>1190170
^ lol I feel that and expected it.
>>
>>1190178
half of the 20 posts was trolling and I haven't checked back because trv is usually very slow. calm your tits.
>>
>>1190193
dude, she started the thread proclaiming she's female, it doesn't get more attention-whoring than that.

>ignore the whore
>>
>>1190195
how so?
>being this bitter
>virgin autist
>>
>>1190198
>being this misogynistic
>if you don't want to see this thread just minimize it
>>
File: im-a-girl-look-at-me-im-a-girl.png (112KB, 224x302px) Image search: [Google]
im-a-girl-look-at-me-im-a-girl.png
112KB, 224x302px
>>1190199
TITS

OR

GTFO
>>
File: femanon_here.jpg (41KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
femanon_here.jpg
41KB, 250x250px
>>1189911
>>
File: 77333y.png (156KB, 510x381px) Image search: [Google]
77333y.png
156KB, 510x381px
>>1190202
>>
>>1189911
>Ask me anything
Why? If you had anything interesting to say, you'd volunteer it in a relevant thread.

It's not as if we have any burning curiosity about your obscure trek into the mysterious wasteland known as Pah-Rih, shrouded in blood mist.

You're just looking for a pat on the head.
>>
Tell me about your time in London.
>>
>>1190208
Nobody cared who I was until I went to London.
>>
>>1190210
It's a big city.
>>
>>1190211
For you.
>>
>>1190213
If I go to London, will I die?
>>
>>1190024
>>1190195
These...

Like seriously, ask any Western Euro girl, they or their best friend has done the same trip...including saving up for it.
>>
>>1190224
>Like seriously, ask any Western Euro girl

She's American, though, and almost no one does this. And we have fear mongering movies like "Taken" so people think you will get sold into sex slavery if you travel solo, and movies like Brokedown Palace and that last Owen Wilson movie scaring people from SEA
>>
>>1189957
Sorry, skipped over this by accident.

I speak English and Korean fluently, can speak conversational Spanish. I tried to practice some conversational French as much as possible because I found that French people are rude to tourists who don't even try (understandable). But English got me through everywhere.

I wish I had kept better track of my spending, though all in all I do think I budgeted fairly well. I only had roughly $3000 in savings and couple hundred in my checking to spend in Europe and I still have a $1000 left in my savings though I did have to dip into it. In more expensive areas (also the beginning of my trip) I spent more lavishly. The more eastern europe I got, the less I had to spend because things got cheaper. Sorry its such a shit explanation. My spending patterns just depended on which city I was in. I didn't set a budget but I kept receipts at the end of the day and looked at them later which helped me to monitor my spending a bit more.

The one thing I do wish I had done is gotten a travel credit card. I didn't apply in time and couldn't get it before I left. Every time I used my credit card I got a foreign exchange fee, and although its couple cents at times (~60 cents, 50 cents ish) overall I think it really added up.
>>
>>1190206
You can ask me anything or just move on? There are AMAs here on certain countries by people who've been there or living there. I'm sharing my /trv/ experiences in a /trv/ board.

>>1190224
I'm not a Western Euro girl. If I was European it'd be easier and cheaper for me to travel within Europe. My friends and family were worried about me going because traveling like this isn't common in the United States, see >>1190258. I'm sorry if I wanted to share my experiences of traveling in a way that I considered was unusual. Many were shocked during my travels to find out that I was just 18 and traveling alone.

>>1190258
Funnily enough, my paranoid friend kept telling me to be safe and even linked me to articles of this girl getting stuck in Thailand after being sold or something. I did black out on Khao San Road. Oops. My dad also mentioned Taken, haha.
>>
>>1190258
>almost no one does this.

check your sources bing bong, every upper-middle class white girl on instagram has been to at least 3 of OPs countries.
>>
>I have rich parents and did the same thing hundreds of thousands of other people have done except at a time when I should have been in school

ok
>>
>>1190287
>implying that's a huge demographic
>implying they did more than superficially go to these countries to shop in a different mall
>>
>>1190170
In all honesty though most of the AMA threads are great reads. There is the occasional person riding their bike all the way through Africa. I even remember one person who did a bike trip from Spain to Indonesia. That was a great AMA full of stories and pictures to present the experiencr in an interesting way. This AMA actually is remarkably boring by /trv/ standards and Im not trying to sound like a RealTraveler(tm) douche.

No hate to OP because we all started somewhere, but she should be bragging about this on facebook not here. Dont get confused, this is just a brag thread. Its not even an impressive brag thread. You can literally visit as many tourist hubs on a carnival cruise.
>>
>>1190163

That nigger asked for a number. I gave him one.
>>
>>1190288
I don't have rich parents. I have a single father and I mention I had to forgo my tuition so he can get surgery. I was really worried in the beginning of my trip that I was going to run out of money, but somehow I managed.

>>1190304
I think it may be boring because no one's particularly asked me any interesting questions. Seriously 2/3 of this thread is just trashing me for even starting an AMA. Its not a brag thread just because I've listed the capitals that I've been to on my particular backpacking trip. You can literally minimize this thread and never comment an irrelevant comment ever again.
>>
I wanted to "backpack" through Europe like I did in Asia but I was way off. I think it'd been better if I had a normal sized suitcase and a regular daypack. I lugged around a 46 L, filled entirely to the brim and a camera bag. I really like the Osprey but I think I'll save it for SE Asia or South America.
>>
If anyone wants a less boring AMA I volunteer to take over thread.

Just got back from visiting family in Des Moines, Iowa.

AMA
>>
>>1190311
Stop posting the bag I wished I had bought instead of the Tortuga.
I ignore the fact that its shape is weird and awkward because I was impressed by an abundance of pockets.

Sleekness matters if you want to pack up fast!
>>
>>1190319
How did you go? Fly, drive, take a bus, train? I don't think there is riverboat service, but I'd be happy to be surprised.
>>
>>1190309
I have no questions nor any criticism, however I would like to briefly express my admiration. I grew up in the suburbs of DC and I know what middle class American girls are like. The reason this isn't to be dismissed as something banal is because literally none of those girls I went to school with have the courage to have such a trip now, in their mid twenties, let alone back when they were 18. Maybe it would be nothing extraordinary if she were a European woman, but it is certainly neat to find an American willing to do something like this.

I am glad for you and hope for your sake that you kept a travel journal to look back to when your life begins to pale in comparison to your time abroad.
>>
File: pepe_dog.jpg (33KB, 253x387px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_dog.jpg
33KB, 253x387px
>>1189911
>checked

what should I get my parents for Christmas?
>>
western women are degenerates: the thread
>>
>>1190394
>western women are degenerates
>half the posts on trv are about men hooking up with women

Okay dude. I fucking hate inadvertently white knighting, because it's not that. It's just you/r9k/ fagsate frustrating as fuck
>>
>>1189911
Hi I was sent by
>>1190360

and am
>>1190348

any help?
>>
>>1190202
Sex is relevant, nigger.

It's different going to a lot of places as a female than as a male.

>>1190394
While we're shitposting, you do realize there's at least one sex tourism thread here every day, populated by guys seeking traps, right?

I mean, fuck, on that note this entire site is full of degenerates.
>>
You should hang out with me in New York
>>
File: NUDjWX8.png (250KB, 511x571px) Image search: [Google]
NUDjWX8.png
250KB, 511x571px
>>1190394
I can't get laid in my home country but grolious nippon women surely will fuck me: the post
>>
File: 1465658883060.png (146KB, 1100x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1465658883060.png
146KB, 1100x1100px
Hey OP,

You still haven't told me about your experience in London.

How long did you stay, where did you sleep, what did you eat, etc.

What are your overall impressions of the city compared to your hometown?

What ethnicity are you, where do you live?

>>1190396
but not with western ones
>>
>>1190214
It would be extremely painful
>>
File: 1463544707698[1].jpg (252KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1463544707698[1].jpg
252KB, 1280x853px
>>1190448
Here is her original post prior to, and including after, her trip to Bangkok. It deteriorates into a Pattaya/whore thread somewhere in the middle due to outside derailement, then back and forth moral fagging, but gets back on track later

http://archive.4plebs.org/trv/thread/1116115/
>>
>>1190391
Thank you. I didn't come here looking for admiration of sorts, just to share (but your post was really pleasant and nice to read!) Like you said, all my friends were in awe of what I was doing but when i told them how easy it was, they all seemed to have excuses for not doing it.

I took a lot of photos albeit I wish I was in more of them. I started a journal but never kept track of it, I think I'm gonna go back and fill in the details while my memory is still fresh.
>>
>>1190448
Hi anon!

My biggest mistake when I was going to Thailand was not leaving Bangkok. I was so set on going to Bangkok I didn't realize that there were so many other great cities like Pattaya or Chiang Mai, etc. I can only tell you about Bangkok but I hope you explore those other areas as well.

Also>>1190449
people here are asking why I mentioned I was a female, because sex IS relevant while traveling, especially alone.

I never felt like Bangkok was *dangerous* per se. No one's trying to rape or mug you, but more dangerous in the sense that everyone is out to get your money. They want to scam you, whether it'd be tuk tuk drivers or cabs. IF anyone (anyone meeting the locals, like your cab driver) asks if you've been to Bangkok/Thailand before, say YES. Be confident when you do tell them.

Also, learn a little thai and the locals will really appreciate it. Just things like "ssah wah dee kap", etc.

I also found that tampons were near impossible to find locally and went to like every 7-11 on the block and could only find pads. Thailand is humid and hot as fuck so make sure you take extra tampons because having only pads sucked.

Like the other anon recommended, I stayed at Bed Station. I thought the location was great, close to MBK Shopping Center (6 floors of goodies, no set prices, go and haggle) and close to little alleyways filled with street food. Bed Station made it really easy to make friends and I made new friends probably everyday. I'm a people person so I loved making new friends and everyone kind of has the same itinerary of must-do stuff in Bangkok so its fun to go with like minded travelers from different areas of the world. But if you ever want to do something they don't want to do, feel free to break off from the group and regroup at the hostel later.

I'll continue >>
>>
>>1190620

I found it really intimidating when I first arrived because everyone at the table seemed like they all knew each other, and I was the odd one out. This Argentinian guy said hello to me, and I told him this was my first time traveling alone, and that I felt out of place. He introduced me to everyone and reassured me that everyone's also sort of just met too and not to worry about it. That gave me the confidence to just talk to people. More importantly, it helped me reach out and engage with other solo travelers who looked like they wanted to join in but didn't know how.

Also if you want some alone time, I booked an Airbnb for my first couple nights at this beautiful condo with a stunning pool. I took the first 3 days to wander solo. To get nice massages, eat at nice restaurants, and shop alone. I really recommend it. It was a nice few days to just relax without the pressure of sightseeing.

I feel a bit ramble-y, more general tips would be
>don't forget to buy those elephant pants
You'll see what I'm talking about. They're so cheap, they sell it everywhere, and they're ultra comfy. They're like loose sarong pants and they're perfect for when you want to go to the temples and you have to be covered up.
>carry around water at all times
>don't be afraid to haggle anywhere you go
But don't be aggressive, just be sweet about it and they'll knock off some bahts
>take loose cotton t shirts and 3/4 length sleeve stuff
I only had tanks and shirts and found some places with high A/C really cold

If you wear any face make up like foundation or concealer, I honestly suggest you leave it. Or even eyeshadow. The only product that really stayed on my face was lip tint. I couldn't wear any makeup because it just melted off from the heat and humidity.

Also, I know you're 28 and not an 18 year old dummy like I was, but watch your alcohol. They're so cheap that you end up buying without any remorse or afterthought and get extremely wasted, really quick.
>>
>>1190623
I don't know if you like cats but on the way to Jim Thompson's house by the river, there is this really friendly man who feeds about 15 cats. One of them's name is Yellow, and he was just the sweetest thing. The man who lives there's name is Sam (I think, his name was Thai) and he speaks very little English but he was very sweet and somehow we managed to communicate. I went to see them about thrice. Also, that boat is kind of a refreshing transportation method, just make sure you know where to get off.

I found everyone really helpful and warm. When I was on the boat I couldn't tell where my stop was and people were more than eager to point me in the right direction.

Pic related: Yellow & Sam
>>
>>1190460
I've been to NYC once and I really liked it. I have a lot of friends who go to NYU and Fordham, will revisit soon.
>>
when i was in london, i met british chad and he filled my pussy with his boston cream pie

im an 18 y/o girl btw
>>
>>1189921
fucking whore kill yourself. I hope you die of sti bitch
>>
>>1190193awww big girl got 2 travel the world thanks to pappys deep pockets? How adorable!!
>>
>>1190623
> Argentinian guy said hello to m

did you fuck him?
>>
>>1189992

Yes you definitely are a douche-bag faggot. Why are you butt-hurt about a travel related thread? I come here to read about travel and this includes travel experiences.

Like most things on 4chan or life in general if you aren't interested in it why don't you skip the thread and browse another one? Or are you one of those 18 year old faggots who think 4chan is "their" site?
>>
>>1190024

Yeah, but where are YOU going? Back to mommie's basement? And are your female friends 18 year old?
>>
>>1190392

How about giving them an empty basement by moving out of it?
>>
>>1190653
>>1190654
>>1190656
We got a big fat roastie here fellas!
>>
>>1190653
You seem upset friend
>>>/out/
>>
>>1190641
Nice
>>1190643
Read the actual thread. I wish. I funded this mostly myself. see >>1190309 you don't have to be this bitter.
>>1190644
I don't fuck everyone I meet. Wtf?
>>
What was your favourite place?\
>>
File: 1477584410464.png (7KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
1477584410464.png
7KB, 249x202px
She's... An attention whore.
>>
>>1190712
how is she? just because she's a female makes her an attention whore? her existence? posting on a travel board about travels? jesus. i hope for hersake she doesn't post on threads like this to avoid asswipes like you.
>>
File: aba.png (109KB, 850x900px) Image search: [Google]
aba.png
109KB, 850x900px
>>1190722
>>
>>1190722
oh god, not same person, but give us a break, really.
who the hell cares about the gender if it's a good thread.

nothing personal against op, and i'm sure it was really fun for her, but like... boring thread is boring.
>>
>NEETS being this upset that a teenage girl has done more traveling than them
I'm jealous as well but good for her desu. I wish I could have traveled around Europe as a teenager.
>>
>>1190728
Not a woman, but not white either. I don't understand how on one hand white men act like it's a problem when someone states their gender or race, like that doesn't inform the experience/information. But on other threads will be quick to caveat how being a white dude would benefit or deteriorate from an experience or opportunity.
>>
>>1190660

fellas? Probably say that with a limp wrist to all your "fellas"
>>
>>1190752
plot twist: you weren't responding to a white man.
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 303x167px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 303x167px
>>1190893
>>1190752
>>1190741
>>
>>1190752
I can tell you are not white because you responded to a neutral post by pulling the race card.
>>
To be fair, this thread is mostly boring because of the off topic posts saying it's boring. But people keep posting. In the million othdr threads like this people just ignore them and they'll archive. So something muzt be drawing people here. It's not even the OP keeping it alive.

That said, I do have a nit pick with the OP because there were a number of legit questions asked about her travel that she still hasn't answered.
>>
>>1190710
Hmm. I think my top three has to be Prague, Rome, and Barcelona.

Prague:
>cheaper!
>delicious food for a good price
Try Ferdinand
>absolutely stunning
I was walking around with nothing particularly in mind and when I was walking over the bridge I was in AWE.
>walkable city with pretty reliable public transportation
>awesome nightlife
there was a 80's/90's night, underground bars. good beer
>hostel one home prague
Free group dinners, great place to meet new people as a solo traveler, feels homey, fantastic staffs that take you on a pub crawl every night, drinking games that include everyone

Rome:
>foooooood!
>rich history
>walkable
>good hostel: Yellow Hostel
> stunning
>cool alleyways to get lost in
>I love greek/roman mythology and art

Barcelona:
>TAPAS and cheap cervezas
>amazing architecture; gaudi is really cool
>great hostel: hostel one
>I made great friends there
It was just one of those places that I got to explore with just as quality people and we had great conversations
>killer nightlife
>cheap sangrias
I also had an amazing hike up Mount Tibidabo where I saw wild boars and the entirety of Barcelona from above. Highly recc Mt tibidabo!
>>
>>1190970
Sorry! I thought I answered the legit ones. I'm go back and check to see if I missed any.
>>
I don't understand the point of this thread

Those aren't particularly difficult countries to travel
>>
File: téléchargement (12).jpg (28KB, 640x422px) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement (12).jpg
28KB, 640x422px
>>1191097
34 y-o

OP basically spent a few months seeing new sights, getting drunk and having sex with strangers.

She has a tremendous time and misses it. The point of this thread is not to legitmately help us, the point of this thread is to ask question which will make her remember her trip, and therefore make HER feel good

The countries and places she visited are extremely popular destinations and OP is a dime a dozen.
>>
>>1191097
you guys are serious fucking autists lmao
she's not saying they're difficult to travel, she just been to these and theres a thread on pretty much most of the places she's mentioned. anyone going to one of those can ask her a question
>>1191104
even as a male don't get why she's getting shamed when she's giving, from what i can see, pretty helpful responses and insights to places shes been
>>
>>1191118
>>
>>1191118
t. White knight
>>
>>1191118
this
>>
>>1190535
I stayed for 4 nights. The first night was meh because it was right after I landed and I was pretty tired. Honestly London was my least favorite European city. I really didn't like Wombats City Hostel. It was clean and all, but it was really hard to meet people and felt really corporate.

Foodwise... fish & chips are meh but I really liked Wagamama's. I know its a chain, we don't have it in the states. Also I found the UK Mickey D's most disappointing. I also ate at a posh 5 course meal place that was delicious, but it was a hefty bill and idk how much you got for your travels.

I really enjoy art so I liked the National Gallery. And its free! I know Picadilly Circus is such a tourist trap, but I found it fun to stand in the middle by the fountain and just people watch. All sorts of people there. Also, check out the Camden Market and Borough Market. I thought it was the best to walk around and eat food without a formal restaurant setting.

I'm from a big city so nothing surprised me much, except the typical European architecture stuff. Oh but pubs and being able to drink in public was a nice change.

I'm Asian.

I found London NYC-LA level expensive. Idk why I wasn't such a big fan of the city.
>>
>>1191097
everytime you fags post a post like this, the thread goes on, and more people genuinely interested in trv asks her a question. good going.
>>
>>1189911
Did you use the Eurail pass? I heard it was shit. Or did you just fly between countries or take buses?
>>
File: 1479672628513.png (134KB, 500x535px) Image search: [Google]
1479672628513.png
134KB, 500x535px
>>1191195
Then you had sex?
>>
Favorite city of the ones you listed?

(Correct answer is Budapest, by the way. Berlin's also up there.)
>>
>>1190620

What do you do while you travel? Go around, see local shops? Museums, tours...? Just curious how other people approach visiting cities, e.g. what would you have wanted to do in Bangkok, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai?
Thread posts: 105
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.