[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LONG LIVE THE KING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 29

File: lltk.jpg (236KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
lltk.jpg
236KB, 800x600px
King Bhumibol finally passes away. RIP.

How will this affect travellers currently in Thailand? To what extent is public mourning going to affect things out there?

Farang would be well advised to keep their mouths firmly shut and show respect at all times during this unprecedented time.
>>
inb4 news about some farang getting his ass whooped by a mad crowd because he did something 'disrespectful to the memory of the king'.
>>
>>1171777

Currently living in Chiang Mai.

I'm due for a visa extension within a week but I'm guessing at the very least we're looking at a day of mourning.

This is a sad time. If you're a Farrang you really should be on best behaviour out of respect.

I'll report in on things tomorrow.

The king is dead. Long live the king.
>>
>>1171777
No idea, I was there during the most recent "military coup" and alot of people were saying the king was the only thing holding everyone together stopping them from going full blown october revolution.
>>
>>1171790
>at least a day

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a week.
>>
>>1171790

How are the locals reacting? Is life carrying on as normal, shops and bars open etc? It really is unprecedented

>>1171782

Guaranteed some snapback wearing Aussie/Brit prick will shout out "Fuck the King!" for a drunken dare on Khao San Rd and get himself a death sentence
>>
>>1171792

Very likely. Realistically a lot longer for the general populace to accept it. Most Thais have only ever known one king.

>>1171793
News was officially broken at 7PM local time. 8PM now.

I've been working in my apartment so I don't know the feel on the streets. Good chance police will shut you down if you're trying to open a club/pub tonight.

Emotions will be running thick so I don't think you want to be getting drunk in public tonight.
>>
>king of Thailand dead
Welp, goodbye tourism. The heirs will be at each other's throats in no time, I was ready to go for my birthday in February but I'm gonna steer clear for a few years,thank you very much
>>
>>1171777
I'm calling proactive martial law with curfews and soldiers on the streets
>>
>>1171797
I will be there with locals on and off for almost two months starting end of next month... How fucked am I?
>>
>>1171795

Law was passed 2 months ago allowing a woman to rule the country. It's practically guaranteed the heirs will be in a power struggle.
>>
I have tickets for 3 weeks in Thailand at the beginning of November. I hope things are relatively back to normal by then
>>
>>1171800
If anything happens there will likely be a delayed fuse.
>>
>>1171800
I'm also hoping this causes the Baht to drop some more. Lol
>>
>>1171802

That would be great desu.
>>
>>1171801
I give it 3 weeks before shit starts hitting the fan, enough time for the shock to wear off and the power struggle to reach a breaking point.

>>1171800
Enjoy your curfew ridden, no-go zone trip kek
>>
>>1171800
During mourning no fun will be allowed. No alcohol, no nothing. Hopefully that will not last longer than a month. That's how long they cancelled all govt functions and celebrations for.
>>
>>1171790
>day of mourning.

Multiply that by something between 7 and 30. The death of his mother got more than a day, iirc.

>>1171791
>recent "military coup"

There are always military coups in Thailand, it has never impacted much of anything other than throwing out one set of rascals and, when the military returns control to an elected government, welcoming in a new set of rascals.

>>1171795
>The heirs will be at each other's throats
The Prince is a "go for the throat" guy, the Princess(es) less so, but they may be used as pawns by some faction or other.

My knowledge of the prince's character is more than a few years out of date -- he was pretty much loathed for a time there.

>>1171797
>soldiers on the streets
Never been there when there were NOT some soldiers on the streets, here and there. Or BPP, anyway.

>>1171805
It will be interesting to see what happens. They will need to balance their deep respect and devotion for the King with the economic realities of their dependence on the tourist trade. I expect they will err on the side of excess mourning, but we'll see.
>>
>>1171805

Fuck that, I'm out of here. Think I'll head to Sihanoukville asap
>>
>>1171810
Seems like every Thai posting on /int/ hates the prince and are afraid of the future.
>>
>>1171805
Loy Krathong is in a month. You'd think they'd want that to go down
>>
>>1171777
I'd really like to hear from the anon that always pipes up and says that Bhumibol murdered his brother and maybe others?

I never got the whole story and haven't found much about it on the net.
>>
>>1171793
>Guaranteed some snapback wearing Aussie/Brit prick will shout out "Fuck the King!" for a drunken dare on Khao San Rd and get himself a death sentence
Just 20years I bet but yeah, that's going to happen.

>>1171790
>If you're a Farrang you really should be on best behaviour out of respect
Fuck respect but you should be on best behaviour because: >>1171793

Actually, it might be a death sentence but because you get beaten to death by tuktuk drivers.

>>1171799
>Law was passed 2 months ago allowing a woman to rule the country
Since the military is passing the laws, that tells you that they favor the princess. Interesting.

>>1171810
>My knowledge of the prince's character is more than a few years out of date -- he was pretty much loathed for a time there
He was the type that got photographed sunbathing with topless supermodels and shit. Just a generic, decadent playboy richkid arsehole, probably up to his neck in drugs and whores except the whores are all supermodels and actresses but they're still being paid to fuck him.

>>1171821
>Seems like every Thai posting on /int/ hates the prince and are afraid of the future.
That's why I think the military might arrange a persuaded abdication by the prince and then let him take half the palace treasures and retire to Monaco while the princess takes over being a figurehead to keep everyone obedient to the junta.
>>
>>1171799
>Law was passed 2 months ago allowing a woman to rule the country. It's practically guaranteed the heirs will be in a power struggle.
The Privy Council changed her title to Crown Princess (ie theoretically an heir) years ago, not two months ago.

And the military government has absolutely no jurisdiction over the succession--the Privy Council is made up of very, very powerful palace insiders (a lot of royals, several former PMs) who outrank any general in practice. They have no direct control of politics, but control over the massive resources and influence of the crown.

And while the elections that have been promised for December 2017 are definitely going to get delayed, no generalissimo would be politically suicidal enough to do anything that might be conceived as disrespectful to the monarchy at this point--so no president for life, no new jack booted crackdown.

The Crown Prince will assume the throne without noticeable incident, but probably not for a year or more of official mourning. Although HM Princess Sirindhorn is far more popular, she's also childless, and thus the dynasty as we know it would end with her. Not going to happen. And she would never enter into anything resembling a feud with Vajiralongkorn--she is much, much too politically savvy and genteel to do something so unseemly. She will wield power and influence quietly from behind the scenes, like she's always done and like her mother before her.

My thoughts are with the Thai people.
>>
>>1171821
The Thai people I know are pretty afraid of him as well, and idolize THE Princess.

I suspect both positions are over-blown, and in any case the thing to be feared or anticipated would be the actions of the faction backing them, which will actually wind up running things.

To veer back towards travel, my suspicion is that, in the medium term, the relative stability of Thailand is going out the window, which will be something for travelers to be wary of until we see how this all shakes out.
>>
File: youngking2.jpg (75KB, 282x344px) Image search: [Google]
youngking2.jpg
75KB, 282x344px
>>1171844
Nobody knows what happeed to the King's brother. He was shot in the palace, there are no witnesses that ever became known, an investigation found that he had shot himself, either intentionally or accidentally, but were in a tough spot because either ruling contradicts the almost divine awe to which the King is entitled. Bhumibol, iirc, found him after hearing the shot.

It is obvious that no Thai inquiry would ever rule that the new King killed the old King, but on the other hand there is no really obvious motive for Bhumibol to have killed his brother -- they got along, and there is no reason to believe Bhumibol harbored any strong desire to be King, when he instead could have a much more care-free life playing saxophone, driving fast cars and generally enjoying himself.

Exactly what happened is unknowable, and it remains possible that some third person killed the late King for reasons unknown, but in the end death by his own hand seems most likely, whether accidentally or intentionally.
>>
>>1171846
>He was the type that got photographed sunbathing with topless supermodels and shit.

Yes, but his notoriety dates back further than that specific incident, and seems to have originally centered around the sort of friends he kept from the military and some unconfirmed stories of cruelty.

I suspect an element of subconscious fear of karma there as well, of the "Our King is so wonderful, we are sure to have to pay for that with the next one to balance things out."
>>
>>1171856
>And the military government has absolutely no jurisdiction over the succession

Weeeeeellllllll....

The military, at the end of the day, will have as much jurisdiction as they decide they want. They have all the guns and tanks and shit.
>>
File: 1475420738939.jpg (40KB, 314x554px) Image search: [Google]
1475420738939.jpg
40KB, 314x554px
I'm heading out in a week. What can I expect
>>
>>1171866
>Yes, but his notoriety dates back further than that specific incident, and seems to have originally centered around the sort of friends he kept from the military and some unconfirmed stories of cruelty
We know he has a huge gambling habbit and exiled ex-wives and shit, also that he slandered them and dared them to contradict him in court (i.e. lese majeste).

So basically he's a gigantic jerk, it's easy to believe that he tortured communists or bullied underlings during the communist war.
>>
>>1171867
>The military, at the end of the day, will have as much jurisdiction as they decide they want.
They want to not be entirely hated by the entire country so there's limits to what they want to do. Officially they're preserving order and if you think the Thai people got pissed about being pro/anti Thaksin...

>They have all the guns and tanks and shit.
That's certainly true but largely irrelevant against the royals. It's a very different battle ground. And the guns and tanks won't mean anything if the countryside and the urbanites were to unite against them.
>>
>>1171865
He played the sax competently, I am not qualified to judge his artistic merit on the instrument, but others have said he was technically sound but lacked artistic flair. He also spent some time as a composer -- again, all I can say is that I like many of his tunes as I have heard them, generally arranged by somebody else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ACwDllTjk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy0iVbYI-4Q
>>
>>1171868
Lots of shit being closed, public mourning that you'll need to respect and that may well make partying-down impossible, some amount of general anxiety for the future. That was the case when I was there when his mother died, this will be more intense.

If you are going for tourism, you might see what is possible in terms of postponing... I do not expect it will be dangerous, but I am not sure how much fun it will be.
>>
File: monk in thailand.jpg (68KB, 748x589px) Image search: [Google]
monk in thailand.jpg
68KB, 748x589px
>>1171870
>largely irrelevant against the royals.

But possibly more relevent backing the right royal over the wrong one, if it comes to that.

We're in uncharted waters here, I am not sure the usual conventions and restrictions that have kept the military in check will be in force, IF it comes to a "king fight."

Which I hope it will not.

But I guess we're wandering sort of far afield from travel, for the oment what's your take on short-term advice for travelers. My sense is that the next month will not be the best time to be a traveler in Thailand, just due to the mourning period closing down a lot of things travelers might want to do. Unless somebody always wanted to see a Royal Funeral or something...
>>
>>1171874
>Unless somebody always wanted to see a Royal Funeral or something
Farang probably wouldn't be allowed within a mile of it, and probably couldn't get through the crowds for two miles around it anyway.
>>
>>1171879
Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>1171872
Damn. Looks like it'll be quite boring if the party atmosphere is dampened.
>>
Stop saying farang you autistic fucking retards. We get it, you've been to a third world shithole and fucking brown women once, we're all really impressed, but how about you talk like a normal fucking human being?
>>
>>1171897
They announced a 30 day closure of all entertainment venues last night, so there probably won't be bars open. Restaurants will probably open up sooner, and may sell alcohol, but I'm guessing that many shops won't be selling booze--if not for the full month, at least not for a few days.

Traditionally, when there have been entertainment restrictions (no booze sold on election days, closures at nightclubs or venues of ill repute during crackdowns on immorality, etc.), there have almost always been back doors--you can't buy beer at 7-11 on election day, but a little old lady in a mom n' pop shop in Yaowarat will sell you whiskey out of her kitchen window. This go-go bar is closed indefinitely, but the owners are hosting a party at this discreet karaoke venue down the block, etc. But this is really uncharted territory--proprietors and employees of entertainment venues are actually likely to want to go along with the closure. People are seriously sad.
>>
Man, that's a bummer.
About the old king kicking the bucket and the no-fun-allowed.
Was thinking of using Thailand as a layover for a week before going to Australia in December but I might have to think twice about that now.
>>
>>1171906
Not trying to be funny or anything but how will all of these people in places like Patpong deal with this? Those places thrive off of ill repute and pure indulgence.
>>
Any hits on airfares yet? What about the Baht rate? Could the next few days have chances of lowered airfares, when people all over are cancelling their Thailand plans?
>>
>>1171911
>Not trying to be funny or anything but how will all of these people in places like Patpong deal with this? Those places thrive off of ill repute and pure indulgence.
I assume they'll close. Maybe not for a month, but almost certainly for at least some days. We may see an uptick in freelancing/streetwalking after a while, but I think most bar girls probably don't feel like going to work at the moment.
>>
>>1171793
>Guaranteed some snapback wearing Aussie/Brit prick will shout out "Fuck the King!" for a drunken dare on Khao San Rd and get himself a death sentence

More like, an Aussie/Brit prick who has managed to buy some booze under the table runs out of it and starts screaming loudly about how he hates the king and the country and he wants his booze.

Then yes, he gets his death sentence. Not by a court, but by angry locals beating him to death. And nobody will ever be arrested for it. Officially he'll have died in an accident or something.
>>
>>1171916
>Officially he'll have died in an accident or something
Shot in self-defence is the usual outcome.
>>
>>1171913
The baht dropped 2 percent against the dollar before the news was even announced. Expect further falls
>>
>>1171901
>is it likely that things will get that bad?

It is unlikely that things will get dangerous, it is very likely that life will be very dreary for those who are not into deeply mourning the King, since everybody else will be in deep mourning.
>>
Going to Thailand with my wife Nov 4th through 11th. Outside of no alcohol, how will this effect us?
>>
>>1171905
Based on tge nunber of Thai people posting under the flag on/int/, he may be Thai. Or at least an expat. The word is used commonly among both
>>
Thought about going in February. Should I go to Cambodia instead? It would be my first time travelling internationally.
>>
>>1171957
>Going to Thailand with my wife Nov 4th through 11th. Outside of no alcohol, how will this effect us?
Entertainment venues will be largely if not totally closed--probably no cinemas, music venues, etc. Quite a few shops, malls, restaurants, etc. won't be open. I strongly suspect that restaurants will be first to come back--Thai society can't survive a month without eating out. Lots of public displays of mourning. There could be extra police out guarding against unseemly behavior, but I imagine nearly all locals will be subdued anyway.

Not sure about things like government offices--hard to imagine that they'll be shut for a month. Museums, etc--either closed or prominently displaying their sadness.
>>
>>1171966
Also 500% more expensive...
>>
File: 1437243522175.jpg (32KB, 323x312px) Image search: [Google]
1437243522175.jpg
32KB, 323x312px
>>1171966
>Japan
>in fucking February

couldn't think of a worse month to go there desu
>>
Boo, he was a pretty good king, no doubt he was a stabilizing force for the country.

Disrespect for him though being one of the driving forces between the massacre of students in the 70's, although i understand it was a difficult time shit like that isn't acceptable from leaders and better alternatives should have been found. Everyone makes mistakes i guess.

RIP King
>>
Anyone have any predictions as to whether this may have an influence on airfares from Australia to Bangkok for flights leaving in the coming months? Higher, lower or unchanged?
>>
>>1171964
>Thought about going in February. Should I go to Cambodia instead? It would be my first time travelling internationally.
If you would rather visit Cambodia, by all means. Or go to both. But as a very long-term Thai politics watcher, I think things will be something resembling normal by February.

Some people will still be wearing mourning colors. There will be a lot of monuments to His late Majesty. And most likely his son the Crown Prince will have assumed the throne while the monarchy as a whole has become marginally less visible/prominent.

I don't believe that shit is going to hit the fan. The current junta will be hemming and hawing about its desire to protect and promote democracy, but may or may not have scheduled elections. But I don't think Gen Prayuth is especially interested in staying in power forever--being a power broker behind the scenes is a less dangerous, more rewarding job.

And while it's totally possible that the Taksin clique might try some direct action, I think it's relatively unlikely. I think that for the next year or more all sides will be keeping their heads down and their noses clean out of sincere and also self-serving deference to the monarchy and the memory of the King.

As for a "king fight," as I said before, not going to happen. Vajiralongkorn might be enough of a loose cannon to do something a bit crazy (although I kind of doubt it), but his beloved sister really isn't. She's been raised since birth to serve her people and maintain the reputation of her family, and I think she's a true believer in both. Challenging her brother would be an insult to her parents and a rocking of the boat that she would never seriously entertain.

Like HM the Queen, she can accomplish more behind the scenes.
>>
>>1171983
I already noticed cheaper tickets in Thailand from Air Asia
>>
This time last year I was in Thailand. Glad I'm not there right now, it will mess up everyones enjoyment of things a great deal if all the bars etc are going to be closed for ages.

I also just wouldn't want to be around the Thais at this time. It seems they merely tolerate the presence of Farang at the best of times and won't be in any kind of mood to put up with anything that could be construed as a "lack of respect"

If you're out there now or headed to SE Asia soon my advice is make Cambodia or Nam your main focus now. Thailand will be edgy and weird for a good few months now
>>
Soi Cowboy is open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSDBY5LAmuM
>>
File: Screenshot_20161014-190503.jpg (706KB, 1419x1434px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161014-190503.jpg
706KB, 1419x1434px
>>1172138
Walking Street is open as well. Vid:

https://m.facebook()com/story.php?story_fbid=1264784606900652&id=100001073745292
>>
>From the other king thread that got deleted, a guy asked about the dangers in Thailand:

Thai nightlife is kind of structured like this:

>Caters to tourists
This includes places like Khao San Road, Soi Cowboy, Nana, Bangla Road etc. These places are 'relatively' safe; but remember that bouncers and security guards in Thailand usually have a penchant for beating people up, its not like in the west where bouncers are policed and regulated.

>Mainstream nightlife.
These are places that are popular but not necessarily to do with hookers. Just regular night clubs and bars. Pretty safe, they're in very central/busy locations and you'll find them listed in online travel guides.

>Thai places.
There are big complexes of beer bars and entertainment venues that cater to Thai people. Its not like they wont serve you if you go there, but they're not in central locations and you'll have to go a bit more out of the way to go there. You're most likely to run into trouble in these spots because young thai men fucking love to fight (dont expect a fair fight).

The chances of getting beaten up in the daytime are virtually zero, but if you go out a lot and end up frequenting after hours places (i.e. bars that operate after the police shut down everything else) its best to not draw attention to yourself.

Alcohol fuels most trouble in Thailand, so if shit starts getting a bit hairy its best to just pick up and leave. As a westerner you will ALWAYS come off second best, whether it in a fight or dealing with the police.

Thai people come across as super mild mannered usually, which I think gives westerners a false sense of security.

Dont be a dick and you'll be fine. Don't be loud and obnoxious when you're drunk, be aware of your surroundings and if you piss someone off just be aware that there might be a delayed reaction.

Dont wander off around side streets looking for places and don't accept an offer from a random Thai to go somewhere.

Karaoke bars are a HUGE fucking scam
>>
I'm in Surin atm and almost all shops are open as normal. Think the chain stores, Big stores and the mom and pop joints are all open.

Most restaurants were open especially the small ones. It did die down in the evening faster than normally.
Night market was open yesterday and will be tonight I guess.

People wear dark clothing but enough of them don't do this desu, I expected everyone to be wearing black which isn't the case.

This is not the most touristy place when compared to Bangkok or Chiang Mai but still I think in general it wont be as bad as people make it out to be.

I'm hopping over to Cambodia anyway tomorrow as that was my plan regardless.
>>
>>1172321
So is there an exception if you go to Thai places with other Thai people who you know well?

Also, does this divide as you describe it only really apply to nightlife?
>>
>>1172335
Just go to the mainstream places, there are still plenty of Thai people, but you avoid the risk of getting beaten up.

The divide outside of nightlife im not sure, in 2 years I have no male Thai friends (other than a guy who was employed as a driver by a friend and became out go-to taxi on nights out).

So there does seem to be a social divide. It doesn't help that Thailand is populated with loads of shady scummy people, so meeting new people (white or thai) its hard to shake the feeling that you're about to be offered a tailored suit, meth or a trip to a karaoke - be wary of being offered a drink by a random.
>>
>>1172375
Why is "karaoke" bad? Is it a euphemism...
>>
>>1172383
Karaoke places are similar to those chinese tea rooms or whatever.

You get drinks, girls etc. and hang out singing Karaoke then you get a $2,000 bill at the end.
>>
>>1171790
>a day of mourning.
>>1171792
>wouldn’t be surprised to see a week.

LOL it was announced almost immediately that it's 30 days for the nation and a year for the bureaucracy. Don't be surprised to see that "30 days" get extended if there's any unrest.

>>1171798
>How fucked am I?

Depends on how much you want to pay. Short time 500 baht long time 2000 baht, you hansom man.

>>1171799
>practically guaranteed the heirs will be in a power struggle.

That's been expected for a long time. The prince is hated, the princess is loved but her mother has been a giant bitch about the whole thing and insists that the son has to be the heir.

>>1171810
>The Prince is a "go for the throat" guy,
Just like his father, the beloved guy who just croaked, who machine-gunned his own brother-the-king to death in order to take over the throne.

>>1171810
>There are always military coups in Thailand, it has never impacted much of anything
In recent years, yeah, it's just been the king overturning the democratic will of the people. Back in the 1970s and earlier, the military ran your typical "murder everyone in sight who was anywhere near the protest" type of brutal Myanmar-TiananmenSquare-Stalinesque shitshow.

>>1171818
>I'm out of here.

Not a bad idea, frankly. Anyone staying should be really fucking careful and ready to flee the country at any time. I'm not joking.

>>1171844
>like to hear from the anon that always pipes up and says that Bhumibol murdered his brother and maybe others?

Not that anon, but go look up Andrew MacGregor Marshall's "Thaistory" that he cobbled together from the Cablegate scandal (Bradley Manning's dump of all the embassy cables he could get his mentally-ill little paws on). It has a pretty solid summary.

https://thaistoryblog.wordpress.com/

Parts 3 and 4 have never been released, AFAIK. My understanding is that Marshall got told he'd be killed (by the Thais) or imprisoned (by the U.S.) if he released another word.
>>
>>1172435
>machine-gunned his own brother-the-king

Witnessed it, did you?
>>
>>1171868
Unless you have plans that are tied to Thailand, I'd suggest taking a detour to Cambodia or Vietnam for at least part of your trip.

>>1171981
>no doubt he was a stabilizing force for the country.

He was a murderer and censored the media with an iron fist to make sure that he was portrayed as a sweet, lovable old man who wanted the best for everyone. In reality it was more like the last Tsar of Russia -- he was the one behind the coups and he was fine with his people living in misery and poverty, as long as he wasn't the one getting blamed for it. "It's all the fault of those nasty corrupt elites, but I can't interfere because democracy! Hey generals, go ahead with the coup, Thaksin is getting too popular because of the reforms that are lifting people out of poverty."

>>1171983
Lower, of course. Anyone sane is going to stay away until things are very very settled.

>>1171984
>Vajiralongkorn might be enough of a loose cannon to do something a bit crazy

I would not be surprised if he murders her just to be sure her popularity doesn't threaten him.

>>1172138
You sure? They were supposed to be closed indefinitely; that was the announcement yesterday, anyway.
>>
>>1172435
You're on the wrong board. Paranoid conspiracies belong on /x/. And angry sperglord virgin rants from people who have never travelled belong on /pol/.
>>
>>1172449
Read Thaistory. There really isn't a lot of doubt; the question is whether it was an "accident" or an accident.
>>
>>1172451
I bet you still believe the NSA isn't monitoring you.
>>
>>1172435
>Short time 500 baht long time 2000 baht
You have either never been to Thailand, or have been there years ago. Since you're typing like a teenager, my guess is the former.
>>
>>1172453
>there really isn't a lot of doubt

Actually, yeah, there is, but in any case the conspiracy theories, true or not, are not really relevant. We get it, you don't like the King.

Cool. You have that right. Lot's of people don't like him, and tend to blame him for everything they didn't like that ever happened in Thailand in the same way his millions of Thai fans credit him with everything good that ever happened.

But this is a travel board, maybe focus more on the impact of his death on travelers and keep your political rage for a more appropriate board? Whatever the king really was behind the scenes has no bearing on how the country will, nonetheless, mourn him for a month or more, nor any bearing on what happens next there.
>>
>>1172456
Last time I was there was 2014. What, are you one of those smelly Arabs they triple the price for?
>>
>>1172435
>>>1171790
>>a day of mourning.
>>>1171792
>>wouldn’t be surprised to see a week.
>LOL it was announced almost immediately that it's 30 days for the nation and a year for the bureaucracy. Don't be surprised to see that "30 days" get extended if there's any unrest.

I guess you just skipped over the links actually showing waht it's like on the ground. Yeah, things ar emore subdued, but life still goes on. Alcohol sales at supermarkets are only halted through Monday. MOst people see things being mostly normal by the end of the month, and even more so by Loy Krathong. Unless you were going for total Hangover II/Full Moon Party type of debauchery then there won't much of a difference. Even the whores are still open.
>>
>>1172435
>>>1171799
>>practically guaranteed the heirs will be in a power struggle.
>That's been expected for a long time. The prince is hated, the princess is loved but her mother has been a giant bitch about the whole thing and insists that the son has to be the heir.

It's actually more expected the Prince will be silent figure head. While the Princesses will be the more public face.
>>
>>1172450
>You sure? They were supposed to be closed indefinitely; that was the announcement yesterday, anyway.

If you look in te comments on most of the stuff reportingthis, especiallyin the western media, you will see a bunch of expats and Thai people in the comments saying the reports are mostly BS or representing what's going on, Most of those announcements, as fara s ahrd/fast rules, only apply to the government and free media, not private companies, and not even all of those are closed. Plenty of offices remain open, and most of the closed ones are only until Monday.
>>
>>1172463
Liar. It was far more expensive than that already in 2014. We get it, you're an edgy teenager, but keep your shit on /pol/ or /int/.
>>
>>1171968
What if you're not some faggot weeb and going to ski?
>>
>>1172500
No, it really wasn't "far more expensive", unless you're a disgusting pig that they wanted to turn away.
>>
Fuck I just dodged this bullet I had plans to go to Thailand for 3 weeks from 19th November, I changed my mind at the last minute to go to Cambodia, feels good man
>>
I'm expecting that king will die one day because of his old age but that was very suddent.

King Bhumibol is a very important person who keep Thailand stability. But with his dead I'm quit worry about the futures of Thailand...
>>
>>1172500
500 to 2000 baht is pretty accurate for whores.
You got ripped off or were taking them from gogos.

#traveltip
>>
>>1172608
I was about to say, those aren't gogo prices, and am I am thinking that's where the disconnect is.
>>
>>1172461
>We get it, you don't like the King.

You don't get it. It's not about liking or disliking the King. It's about being allowed to discuss the truth about him without getting thrown in prison or being beaten to death by a mob of dumbass third-world peasants.
>>
File: 1476616436385791830575.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1476616436385791830575.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Can i go offtopic just for a sec?

Anyone in this thread Thai or speaks thai and minds translating this label (and specifically the warning at the bottom).

Trying to find out what brand it is on google (Ampai doesn't bring anything up for me) and if its okay to drink (i dont want it to be like rubbing alcohol or cleaning fluid or some shit, hence me needing help with the warning label).
>>
File: Chrystal-816-5.jpg (240KB, 600x900px)
Chrystal-816-5.jpg
240KB, 600x900px
Just got back from Thailand actually. Spent a few weeks on Samui and then a week in Bangkok. It was pretty cool. Bangkok is pretty much Mega City One straight from the Dredd universe, but with a little more green stuff.

Only problem is, I may of knocked up a couple of bar girls. Anyone know if they can track me down for child support if they have my Line?
>>
>>1172456
Depends on where you are at. Many of the GoGo bars at Nana plaza where asking 4000 baht for long time. However, some of the girl bars on Samui had girls only ask 1500 baht long time.

However, I think the cheap price was just to trap me or something. As soon as we get naked she started saying shit about how she was lonely because no boyfriend, and no children. Half way through she just takes the rubber off and hops on bareback, proceeds to beg me to cum inside her.

I am a pretty paranoid guy, but it was pretty much impossible to resist. She was one of these girls who do the infamous pussy tricks. Not only was she tight as hell, she had extreme muscle control down there. I don't think I could of pulled out if I wanted to.
>>
>>1172724
Had a similar situation last year. They can track you down if they really wanted to but most will take cash to abort all the while calling you a terrible person.

"I think you good man but you no good"
>>
>>1172733
Lol, that is exactly how they talk.

Was staying with a Russian who lives on Samui and brought a girl back for some long time action. He did not want me bringing whores directly into the house, so made me fuck her in the guest house.

Right after the bitch cleans up, she comes up to me and is like "you have girl friend don't you"

I'm like "no".

She say "Farang lie" and shows me a pack of pads under the sink. Shit was left over from when another friend had stayed there. This bitch was convinced I had another women living there with me.

Now all she say is "Farang tell lie, but me still boom boom you"
>>
>>1172733
>>1172734
There's something VERY wrong with you two.
>>
>>1172741
Don't hate on the boom boom bro. Shit happens.

Each bareback episode was initiated by the whore. I am convinced they are trying to get pregnant.
>>
>>1172724
There is no way to enforce child support with a foreigner in Thailand and I seriously doubt they have the ability or the means to open a case in your country. You should be worrying more about visiting a clinic than child support. Though the threat of STDs with female Thai hookers through vaginal sex is pretty low. Though there is a particular stubborn strain of chlamydia there, if you do get it.
>>
>>1172733
>>1172734
Fucking hilarious

>>1172741
You sound like a prude woman who needs a good fuck
>>
>>1172743
It's not that they are trying to get pregnant most of the time, they either are trying to get you to wife/date them or at least become a regular, just prefer sex without condoms and generally view farangs/you as clean, or setting you up for an abortion play >>1172733 she was probably never pregnant or overcharged you for the abortion if so.

- t. Black Papasan
>>
>>1172762
Got a 10 panel blood test. All came back fine. Just worrying about HIV since it can take a while to come up. Have a wife in the US and so far Made up an excuse that I was worried about "Zika" not to have sex yet.
>>
>>1172766
While you were there, and you may still be able to take it now, there is a drug you can take that very drastically reduces your chances, greater than 90%, of contracting HIV if you have been exposed. But if no bareback anal happened, especially no ladyboys, chances are pretty low. I don't personally know any girls with it, but I do know ladyboys, friends of the girls, that have contracted or died from AIDS. HIV is actually higher among regular, non farang oriented Thai chicks because less condom use and they fuck Thai men who fuck Thai ladyboys.
>>
>>1172767
I ended up missing the window for PEP (post exposure prophylaxis)

But yeah, just normal girls, no anal or anything. They at least tried to use condoms first. Mainly the condoms were too small. Not even bragging, I've got a small dick, but as the girl explained why the condom would not fit "In Thai-rand, Thai man have small dick, Farang, big dick, you dick half thai, only half fit. I boom boom you no condom now ok? Better"

Other instance was a threesome (sisters). At first they did everything safe, switching condoms out between them. When the older sis went to piss, the younger one just got on bareback. I came inside her. When the older sis got back out she started hitting her and bitching in that goblin speak. Older one apologized and said this girl was new and needed more training.
>>
>>1172772
>Other instance was a threesome (sisters)
They weren't sisters. Thais refers to each other as sister and brother, just like blacks do. They kind of are black Asians. I say this is as a black guy. As far as condoms I always recommend people pack their own. It's ironic because companies like Durex and Lifestyles produce their condoms in Thailand
>>
>>1172774
I was skeptical as well but they showed me their IDs. Real fucking sisters.
>>
>>1172774
Got a melanated friend in the US who wants to go to Thailand, but it convinced Thai girls are raciss. I am white so I don't know what Thai girls think of blacks. If you have any insight as a black man let me know, I want to have accurate info for me friend.
>>
>>1172776
Actually I take that back. I did know I pair of real sisters I worked with. This was the oldest one. I will dig up a pic of the younger. Older got the younger one into the business. Also knew a mom who got her daughter into it, and mom was a mamasan who still worked on the side. Daughter was damn near 30 when she told her mom she wanted to "work", but she ended up marrying her first customer, though she worked for like a year prior to the marriage. I know people who were with the mom and daughter, though not at the same time, I don't believe.
>>
>>1172767
What drug and is it over the counter?
>>
>>1172776
Location/ line/ whatsapp? god damn!
>>
>>1172777
Cant speak for a black man but im very dark skinned indian and had no issues whatsoever
>>
>>1172777
He has nothing to worry about. In a lot of ways, black guys have it easier than white guys. A lot of girls worry about if they are sern with a white guy people will think they are a hooker. As far as hookers there are whole clubs where the women favor black guys, like 808 in Pattaya. Generally speaking Thai women are open to men of all races
>>
>>1172781
It at suckers in nana plaza. Don't remember their names. They never offered their line. I tried to take a selfie with them but they got pissed.
>>
>>1172779
prescription only.
PEP (post exposure prophylaxis)

There is also pREP. for "pre" exposure. Also reduces your chance of infection a lot.

Just tell your doctor you are a raging faggot and can't stop having unprotected buttsex with HIV positive men and they might give it to you.
>>
>>1172782
Interesting. Half the ads on backpage and alot of thai dating profiles say "no indian man"
>>
>>1172719
Don't sell alcohol certain people, on certain days or else you might face a fine and/or 20 years in prison.
>>
>>1172781
Haven't spoken to her in two years. She had a falling out with the mamasan I worked with. I think her sister was hotter than her, actually. This one was definitely had more body than her sister even without the fake breasts, but sister was cuter,even if more slim. I will post a pic of the sis later, like I said.
>>
>>1172789
I want to confirm a trend I've noticed. Thai girls are not good at giving head. Yeah, its smooth and they can take it down, but it never seems to feel good enough to bust a nut. It is like they are sucking it but are also trying to get the least amount of contact with it as possible when its in their mouth.
>>
>>1172789
My bad, I thought you were asking for May's line. Do note, as his description shows, most Thai (threesomes) involve you taking turns fucking 2 chicks, but rarely do they interact. I have ran in to issues having to straighten men out who thought they were getting more than just 2 women
>>
>>1172790
Depends on the girl really. The ones in Chinatown who does BBBJ does it much better however they are hard to find. It's also best to check for mouth sores because they've been known to swallow and clean your dick once you nutted.
>>
>>1172790
Older ones are awesome, talking 35+. Young ones are typically trash. I have had the best and worst head ever from Thai chicks. Bests ages were 37, 46, and 54 at the time. And one more 30+ who I never got her exact age.
>>
>>1172791
In my threesome they interacted a bit. Basically fucked one doggy and the other was also in doggy and they made out while I fingered the other one.
>>
>>1172795
Even talking non whores. Most of the young ones are doing it for your pleasure and really aren't in to it, while the older ones, even whores, act like they are dyijg of poison and the antidote is in your dick.
>>
File: 1473824762106.png (124KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1473824762106.png
124KB, 268x265px
>>1172725
>tight as hell
>I don't think I could of pulled out if I wanted to.
>>
May He Rest In Peace
>>
>>1172786
I should say brit born indian.
>>
>>1172789
>>1172778
Younger sister on the right
>>
>>1172809
Who?
>>
>>1172816
not bad.
>>
>>1172809
The King, which was chiefly what this thread was about before the derail.
>>
>>1172785
Do you think PEPs would be available to purchase in Thailand?
>>
File: ladyboy_eye_sexy_2.jpg (56KB, 430x645px) Image search: [Google]
ladyboy_eye_sexy_2.jpg
56KB, 430x645px
>>1172853
>Do you think PEPs would be available to purchase in Thailand?

They are available for purchase and there are several clinics selling them in Bangkok(I think in Pattaya too).

But let us be honest. Once you start fucking bareback,you will eventually abandon safety.

T. anon who was on PEP 2 times and eventually stopped caring.
>>
File: ladyboy-chaney-franks-tgirls-01.jpg (174KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ladyboy-chaney-franks-tgirls-01.jpg
174KB, 853x1280px
>>1172767
>But if no bareback anal happened, especially no ladyboys,

Fucked 7 ladyboys bareback in the ass last time.
I just can't help it, they are so tight and hot and fuck so good.

I lose my mind when I am with them.

:/
>>
>>1172878
Hows your strike rate been when it comes to std?

>>1172881
Im heading out next monday and i thinking i might finally do a ladyboy. A little nervous desu
>>
>>1172883
>Im heading out next monday and i thinking i might finally do a ladyboy. A little nervous desu

Take a pretty one that is young 19-23. Depends on what you into-top or passive. Some of them can't fuck. Contrary to the stereotype some ladyboys have huge dicks(I think they are turned off by this, that is why they decide to transition).

Don't use WeChat-mostly transvestites there.
If you meet one on the street check if boobs are there, some transvestites are concealing lack of boobs.

Generally if it is your first time, spend more but get one from a good bar in Nana Plaza.
>>
>>1172889
Im heading out to pattaya and theres no way im going to get fucked. I might fondle but thats as far as im willing to go.

Ive had a look on TF and ive arranged a meet with one (her I.D is 0874534055)
>>
>>1172881
visiting your mate Jefferey?

http://efukt.com/21671_When_in_Thailand.html
>>
>>1172896
>Im heading out to pattaya
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdm5EkaPdeY
>>
Pattaya vs Bangkok for fucking whores? I was thinking 7 days in Pattaya and 3 in Bangkok, not sure what I should do. I have €2500 to spend including flight
>>
>>1172909
Do in 3 and 3. Pattaya is not far, do your first two or 3 days in Bangkok, then go to Pattaya for a day or two, if you like Bangkok better tthen go back early.
>>
>>1172115
" Thailand will be edgy and weird for a good few months now" lol
>>
>>1172816
Props
>>
>>1172909
Piggybacking on this, after these both which place is the best runner up?
>>
I bought tickets for Chian Mai from Nov 8th through the 17th. I had no plans for horrible debauchery but I was hoping to at least get drunk at a few clubs here and there, is that still on the table?
>>
The tables are still available, but no music.
>>
>>1173050
For that particular think, Phuket, but being purely a resort/vacation area everything is more expensive there.
>>
>>1173064
Yes, and most places music is being played, but at lower volume. Maybe before ypu leave the ladyboy show will hsve started back up. I will being Chaing Mai form the 7th through 10th
>>
So is the consensus that booze and hookers are still available without much hassle?
>>
>>1173132
Yes they are available though get to the bars earlier since they stop serving very early. The hookers are available though there is a curfew on walking street which has been enforced; no working girls on walking street after 2am
>>
>>1173155
I'm guessing go-gos will remain closed for a while. Any idea where the girls from Soi Cowboy can be found in the meanwhile?
>>
>>1173158
Im in pattaya at the moment but im guessing the local haunts would be a good bet hotel carpark and such
>>
File: 1474327453050.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1474327453050.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
I love how this thread turned into Thai whore general
>>
>>1173164
Well, it is the #1 most important question that everyone has now about the situation in Thailand. Not safety, not culture, not politics... the most important thing is the whores.
>>
>>1173168
Be fair, I would like my whores to be safe, cultured and not overtly political.
>>
>>1173164
What's funny is the Thailand generals haven't been that in a while. I guess it was time. High season is just around the corner
>>
>>1173155
Walking Street is overpriced, you can easily get a 9/10 street walker on the beach for 1000 baht.
>>
>>1173158
Tinder, Badoo and WeChat.
>>
>>1173222
You forgot LINE, ThaiFriendly, and even FB Messenger. But nothing is really closed down. Even in Pattaya that next Friday, bars had the outside lights off, but we're still open. A video of Walking Street and South Cowboy was posted earlier showing the day after the death. Stuff was slower, but not shut down.
>>
>>1173221
True, but it's a lot more shady. Women who got kicked out bars/clubs for diseases, robbery, or other drama with customers. You get what you pay for. It's already cheap enough not to roll the dice.Benefit of gogo bars and beer bars is you have a "management" to address issues with. Even freelancers in iBar/Insomnia or 808 frequent the same places consistently.
>>
>>1173226
The best lay i had was with a beach road freelancer. Cost me 1000b long time and i ended up staying with her for the whole of my stay. Fucked her bareback and didnt contract anything.
>>
>>1173246
Just because you rolled the dice and won, doesn't negate the fact you rolled the dice.
>>
Ive been planning to go volunteering in Thailand for some time now. I'll be staying there for four months. I'm leaving by plane tomorrow.

Just my luck...

Iv'e had to buy a bunch of black clothing today because the school I'll be teaching at now require that we wear black.

Also a question. How safe is Thailand Net neutralitywise? Will I be in trouble if I stram/download movies or music illeagally etc? Or could i perhaps get in trouble for doing some fashy posting on /pol/?
>>
>>1173261
Can't you just use TOR? I've never used it personally, but I doubt Thailand is going to find out if anyone within their borders is shitposting behind seven proxies on a Tibetan yak trading forum.
>>
>>1173261
>go volunteering

You stupid piece of shit. All you're doing is causing salaries to be lowered for people who want to work there, and also creating emotional problems in the kids you're playing with for two weeks because their teachers keep abandoning them.

>Net Neutralitywise

Mostly they just censor anything to do with the Norwegian Blue. Story about the Parrot appears in The Economist? Banned and blocked for a month.

Officially, porn is banned. In reality nobody is going to notice. If you're worried, just go to an internet cafe and use their wireless so it goes on their record instead of yours.
>>
>>1173185
The great thing about the generals is that they've created a whole new generation of whores through their shitty government and their kleptomanic economic mess.
>>
>>1173269
I was speaking of the Thailand General threads
>>
>just got back from Thailand
>buddy did not make it back because they stopped him at the airport causing him to miss his flight
>now his mom can't seem to get a hold of him
And this is why you don't ever go on vacation in 3rd world shitholes. We didn't have any drugs or transported drugs, IIRC all he did was talk shit about the king when they announced that he died. We didn't even get arrested, the bar owner just told us to leave. I don't see how they can know about that...
>>
Can someone recommend me a good ladyboy bar and a decent massage place that isn't sexual
>>
>>1173327
What city?
>>
>>1173329
Pattaya
>>
File: received_1476338249046656.gif (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
received_1476338249046656.gif
31KB, 600x450px
>>1173326
Discretion is the better part of valor. Basically, your friend is an idiot for breaking local law.

Were you guys registered at any local hotels, etc? If so they may have reported you.

Regardless, I hope all they do is give him one or two right good thrashings, then release him.
>>
>>1173326
kek

your friend is fucking retarded
>>
>>1173327
>decent massage place that isn't sexual
Here is the thing I have found mote often than not about massage places outside of the western world. They are all sexual. BUT that doesn't mean YOU have to have sex, that jusy means a handjob, blowjob, full sex may be on the menu IF you want it. So don't worry about a non-sexual massage. Just get only a massage.
>>
>>1173326
This is now a "things that never happened" thread?
>>
Can someone give me a ball park figure on how much these hookers cost?

Freelancers, beer bars, go go bars; it seems like they all have different pricing
>>
>>1173502
Actually read the the thread it's been covered. But short time can be as low as 500 baht for a street walker to starting at 1,500-2000 for gogo girl, with beer bar girsl and those that frequent clubs like iBar/Insomnia somewhere in the middle and both extremes. Many factors can play into prices, such as time of night, how charming and good looking you are, your race/country/ethnicity, haggling ability, what you want, and varies from girl to girl.
>>
>>1173502
I paid between 1500 and 4000 baht for long time. Probably over-paid for the 4000 baht one. But considering how cheap that is compared to other places, I did not care.

Short time is cheaper, but I really don't understand why you would do short time when long time is only another $30-$60.

Normally if a girl will only do short time with you, she is not going to give you good service. She probably can't stand the thought of spending that much time with you, even for extra money. She is just going to try and get you to blow your load as fast possible. So even if I am getting short time, I always make sure she is willing to do long time first.
>>
>>1173602
My m.o. was always going for short time, but creating such an experience they ended up staying long time on their own. To include cooking, cleaning, and free fucks,
>>
>>1173326
> all he did was talk shit about the king when they announced that he died.
>especially after he died.

Probably bait, but if this is true, your friend is a giant dumbass and he deserved it.
>>
So taking everything into account, Thailand or Vietnam for a week? I've been to Thailand before, but I would want to go to some of the places I didn't get to go the last time (ie most of the islands, Pai, etc.).
>>
>>1173611
pai is a hippie shithole. I like thailand, but go to vietnam if you haven't been unless you plan on picking up some thai.
>>
>>1173602
>>1173604
So does "long time" mean you're renting her for a day, and "short time" mean it's just a quick blow and go? Lol am I at least close to being right?
>>
>>1173674
Long time means she stays the night. She'll be gone in the morning after giving you a morning fuck.

Short time usually means 1-2 hours stay and depending on your vitality, two fucks
>>
>>1171777
>a king dies
>unprecedented

kek
>>
File: Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen.png (338KB, 810x433px) Image search: [Google]
Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen.png
338KB, 810x433px
>>
Is Pattaya the best location in Thailand for sex?
>>
>>1174475
Most variety and concentration of hookers. Best would be subjective.
>>
>>1174392
Well, last time a king died was 70 years ago, almost nobody who could witness it is alive now, and there were no tourists or tourism industry back in 1946.
>>
So how long are we thinking SoI Cowboy and Nana Plaza will be closed for?
>>
File: IMG-20161022-WA0064.jpg (36KB, 651x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161022-WA0064.jpg
36KB, 651x512px
>>1174662
Quit believing the memes. Nothing ever really closed. Some places are leaving exterior lights off. Hell there is a video earlier in this thread of Soi Cowboy the Friday after the death. Thailand being closed is fast approaching meme status. And it's mostly perpetuated by Western media, like the BBC, for some reason.

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2016/10/latest-situation-in-thailand-after-the-death-of-king/
>>
>>1174691
I see, thanks.
>>
>>1173326
Hope he enjoys his 15 year sentence for talking shit. When in thailand it's best to not mention him at all...or any royalty.
>>
I will be landing at DMK at 1130pm on a Monday from Singapore, but flying out of BKK at 955 am on Tuesday. What should I do for lodging? Where should I go for Monday night?
>>
Going to Thailand at the end of February. Is it going to be normal in few months? I'm not gonna lie I'm going there for parties and hookers
>>
>>1175387
It's pretty much normal now
>>
>>1175407
I kinda expected that. Tourism earns too much in thailand to stop red light districts. I just worried because lots of western media overblow this. And I want to ask now while I hvae a chance to cancel hotel and flights
>>
>>1175409
>because lots of western media overblow this

Exactly. Overblown. Matter of fact, ghe BBC ended up pulling their vid about Thailand being "shut down" from Facebook because they were getting BTFO in the comments by both Thais and expats. If you think stuff is closed go look at the FB pages for Touch Agogo Pattaya, or Crystal Club Agogo, or Ibar (Insomnia) or 808 or anywhere. The most some clubs and gogos have done is turn off the exterior lights. By Nov 1, if not sooner, even those will be back on.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/949256-update-thais-expats-and-tourists-slam-%E2%80%9Cinaccurate%E2%80%9D-and-%E2%80%9Cmisleading%E2%80%9D-bbc-video-on-thailand/#comment-11249567
>>
>>1175439
i seen some vids from soi cowboy and pattay few days after the death and it still busy. maybe the music is gone but still
>>
>>1171777
http://www.tatnews.org/recommendations-regarding-mourning-period-for-his-majesty-king-bhumibol-adulyadej/
The Government has asked owners of certain entertainment venues, such as bars and discotheques, to kindly cooperate regarding their opening hours for a period of 30 days at least. The decision is up to each owner.
>>
>>1174475

Bangkok is pretty good also. I've made 20 trips to Thailand and prefer Pattaya as its more "walkable" and there always are the beach chairs to do during the day to relax and recouperate from the hang-over.
>>
>>1175469
Going to pattaya in few months, any club you recommend?
>>
>>1172383

Your price for a drink will be low, next you'll be joined by a bargirl or two, buy me a drink, now your drink is 30 baht. A bargirl's drink will be 500b or more. She will invite more over all winking at you, buy me a drink. But its nothing more than sugar water, they go through 20 - 30 drinks, they bring you hot towels, plates of fruit and snacks, oh how nice! You call for the bill, get ready to leave, etc 30,000 baht! Must be mistake, oh no mistake, each towel, 500b, fruit 1000b, snacks 1000b, etc.

I was invited by a local business to one and the host was drinking whiskey in a carafe. I noted the bargirl would turn to face the host to show him "face" (respect) I filled her glass with the whiskey when she wasnt looking, she took a big gulp, and spit it out she went running to the bar, it was funny, her screaming at the bartender
>>
>>1175473

Ok, theres like 1000 drinking (bars) with 10 - ??? bargirls at each. Note that if you go to "walking street" the clubs and crowds are generally bigger, and of course the prices higher for drinks/girls. I stick to beach road as its a nice walk and scope out the small open air bars and establishments for the more fresh face girls, ask the price of your drink when you order. When you buy a "lady drink" for the bargirl who sits down next to you, always ask the price, don't be afraid to ask as her drink will be 10x - whatever if you don't ask. Now you may be tempted to shoo away the first girl as she will probably be older and therefore more aggressive, BUT she probably speaks English, ask her how much for barfine the girls, etc., but what I do is scope out the situation and buy her a drink, point out the girl you like, I'd like to have a drink with that girl.
>>
>>1175482
I want to give a shout out to Soi LK Metro. I will recommend specific clubs later
>>
>>1175473

I usually go for the "open air" beer bars (see pic) rather than the bigger named ones on walking street as you can chill and relax a bit. Yeah there are "happy hour" prices at the bigger places, but the barfines and the price that the girl wants goes way up at thise places. I met a qt at one of the smaller places along bar street paid for one night with her and hooked up with her on several trips after.
>>
>>1175387
OMG! Tourism is a big part of Thai GDP. Yeah it may be more subdued but don't mention anything about the king everything will be back to normal by then.
>>
>>1175473

Gulliver's has got good food and drink for the price.

A lot of the bars have rooms to rent, so refrain from renting a big hotel room off a website as they might now allow "outside" guest (bargirls) to your room (if they do they might charge extra).
>>
>>1175490

replace "now" with "not"
>>
>>1175490
i booked baywalk residence hotel, near walking street and doesn't have joiners fee
>>
>>1175492

I usually book cheaper places as I use the money for other activities and I'm not in the hotel much. The one you booked is a nice place, can't go wrong. But I hang out at rhe beach chairs at the beach near Burger king on beach road during the day when its hot.
>>
>>1175508
its my first holidays in 12 years that's why i don't mind spending more for extra. And I still have plenty left to spend
>>
>>1175511

Yeah, but you catch sight of the girls, you're gonna try to find a way to extend your stay for as long as you can.

I even take the 120 baht bus from bkk airport then song tew or moto taxi when at pattaya. I then hoof it around maybe stop at one of the soi's for breakfast and ask around for a guest house.
>>
Do any of you guys have experience using online escort services in Thailand? Worth it or not? Things to be careful about?
>>
>>1175555

IMO not worth it, as you can see more action just walking around near the bars.
>>
>>1175485
>>1175473
>I want to give a shout out to Soi LK Metro

As far as go go bars, my top would be this one over are over on Soi LK Metro, away from Walking Street and the beach Close to Soi Honey. But don't take my word for it, look them up on FB and look at the reviews/comments:

Touch:
>Pic related
Touch Pattaya - Agogo Above the Rest
touchagogopattaya
http://touchpattaya.sexy/
>>
>>1175555
Only for those with money to blow and I guess want a bit more discretion. Though as a repeat customer you can usually get direct liason with the girl and cheaper prices or can even haggle the first time, depending on the agency, you typically pay a pretty premium going online or through an escort service
>>
>>1172878
Which clinics, and how do you know they are not just sugar pills?

Fuck no I will not do that because I'm not a crazy suicidal sex fiend. It's Thailand, they have an HIV reputation you fool. What's next bareback gay whores in Uganda?
>>
>>1176947
>It's Thailand, they have an HIV reputation you fool.

The reputation for HIV in Thailand is because of the ladyboys and the Thai men that fuck them. I went into detail about this in the pastband why this is, but the tl;dr is that bareback sex with female sex workers in Thailand is actually safer than bareback sex with regular local chicks. HIV prevalence is only 3% (2.2% for gogo/venue based workers) among female sex workers, compare that (source: http://www.avert.org/professionals/hiv-around-world/asia-pacific/thailand ),and add to that how hard it is to catch HIV from vaginal sex as a man. The overall prevalence in Thailand is 1.1% of the population, but it's much higher in places like Bangkok where female sex workers are indeed less of a gamble than a regular chick.
>>
Can someone redpill me on gogo bars from what I understand they are strip bars so considering i dont want a companion for the night...

>entrance fee?
>can i watch the dances for free if i buy a drink
>gogo bar etiquette/ custom
>will i get ripped off like western strip clubs where you go in and are forced/intimidated to by expensive drinks
>>
>>1176972
No entrance fee. You have to buy a drink to stay there, drinks are pretty expensive (300-500 baht minimum). There're no 'dances' to watch in most bars, the girls are lazily standing near the poles barely moving (except the few bars where Russian or other foreign girls work actually dancing). There's no reason to go to a gogo bar unless you want to pick up a prostitute there - if you want to have a good time drinking beer it's better to go elsewhere.
>>
>>1176972

Its the same, as far as i am concerned. Entrance fees will be low due to the competition. Once inside just like any strip club you will besieged by dozens of girls asking you for a "lady" drink which will be 5x to 10x (or more) of your drink/beer. They drink sugar water and just like any strip club you dont participate you get a reputation as "cheap charlie" which isn't a good thing.

But for a short time its okay, to see or experience. Thats why I stay off walking street and go up the soi's (street) or beach road at the open air beer joints. They are more relaxed the girls not so pushy, they will play board type games or even share street snacks. I've always enjoyed this kind of home style action.

But remember that these girls have bills to pay so thats why they are pushy.
>>
>>1176972
Search the one mentioned here on FB >>1175874

And look at the pics and reviews. BUt yeah, corss between a strip club and cabaret type thng, lik a lot will ahve shows and stuff like "ping pong" show, Some are rip offs, some aren't. You can see the frink specials at the page of the one above, girls will try to get you to buy them drinks and girl drinks do cost more than custmer drinks. GoGo are the best to take in a show and not a girl, a lot of girl sin gogos are just Coyotes and don't even go with customers. There are also dance clubs like ibar/Insomnia and 808. You can just party, dance, drink, and go home alone.

http://www.clubinsomniagroup.com/
FB: clubinsomniapattaya

http://www.808pattaya.com/
FB: 808walkingstreet
>>
>>1176974
>>1176977

EH, it depends on the place. There are so many gogo bars they run the gamut.

Pic related all came out of the same girl. 2 turtles 2 albino catfish, 2 eels and little yellow bird not pictured. I have a cool video of a girl opening a wine bottle with her pussy, pouring it in and then shooting it across the stage. NSFW

Some reviews from Touch,which is actually a little classier than that:

>Excellent place in lk metro I'm visiting most nights. Always friendly and welcoming.drinks priced well.i love the sound system and music set up . Can feel the bass rather than just loud music one hears elsewhere.the have some good shows too.to the management a big pat on the back and keep up the status

>I am from Las Vegas, and I am a woman so I am a little more picky than most when it comes to adult entertainment. TOUCH hands down is the best GoGo bar I have been into in Pattaya. The girls make all the difference and these girls are genuine entertainers. They make the vibe feel good. They are friendly and energetic, whoa and the candle and wax show, that was HOT. The other part I liked was the fact that no matter where you look there is a variety of entertainment, from the tv with the naughty toons to the shower in the corner. Well done all the way around.
>>
I've been watching that Bangcock 112's videos for a while, and it seems the videos in Phucket always have far and away the hottest bitches.
>>
>>1176987
Phuket is a resort area, 99% of all people are imported, and anyone that's 6 or better is bound to be pay for play, in one way or another, even if it's the cook or women cleaning your room, and Phuket is more expensive than even Bangkok in general. But the women in beach/resort areas tend to be hotter the world over. Phuket is no exception.
>>
>>1176989
So all the girls in Phucket have a price? I was thinking since it was a lot more touristy it might be cleaner, and all the hotties would be off limits.

I hear a lot of stories about all the girls in Pattaya being off limits, you know, the ones that stand outside and try to drag people in. I heard they just put the hot girls out to do that and bring in customers, but they aren't actually banging dudes.
>>
>>1176987
>Bangcock 112
you mean Bangkok 112 https://www.youtube.com/user/chardonnay112/videos

>>1176990
The stories you here in Pattya refer to girls in GoGos hired as Coyotes. They actually aren't hookers. THey are the performers, dancers, ro may even be there just to get guys to buy drinks. The thing with GoGo girls in general, they have a salry and get paid comission on drinks, so going with you they could lose quite a bit of money. That's why they cost more and can reticent to leave with you at all. Also, since they are less pressed for funds they can turn down a lot of customers.

When I say all girls have a price I am saying most girls of a certain attractiveness that will entertain a tourist is a hooker on some level. Some outright, some just in the evening after cleaning rooms all day. Even if that's not their intention, it typically happens eventually. If space permitted I'd tell one story about a woman and her first encounter, and she was just a cook. (long story short, she was a cook, a customer asked to meet the person who cooked the food, her co worker introduced them and pressured her to go with them, she spent however long with him and got beacoup bucks).

Side note, want to see a very attractive women from Phuke, look up this name on FB. A public page. Angkhana Nunpakdee
profile id: 100004835163498
>>
>>1176974
>>1176977
>>1176978
Thanks for the response.

I dont see the appeal. why on earth would you pay 300b for a beer when you can get it for 70b at a beer bar... unless theres some kind of special experience to them

>>1176980
More info on touch pls sounds like a cirque du soleil kinda a place
>>
>>1177002
>>1177002
>I dont see the appeal. why on earth would you pay 300b for a beer when you can get it for 70b at a beer bar... unless theres some kind of special experience to them
o them.
>>1177002
>More info on touch pls sounds like a cirque du soleil kinda a place

Like I said here >>1176978 and >>1176980

The just liek strip clubs in the USA, then venue varies by club. Just like in the USA you have your Scores, Magic CIty, and The Cheetah Lounges you have shitty clubs where all the women are "5's and 6's with bullet holes, stab wounds, scars, and stitches."

Notice this poster said >>1176977
>Thats why I stay off walking street and go up the soi's (street) or beach road at the open air beer joints. They are more relaxed the girls not so pushy, they will play board type games or even share street snacks. I've always enjoyed this kind of home style action.

Well even though it's not Agogo bar, not a beer bar Touch is off Walking Street on Soi LK Metro. The same principle he talks about applies. Thik of it this way, every one goes to Walking Street so quality is lower because a certain volume is guaranteed, but also more competition because of the density, away from Walking Street more quality because business need to distinguish themselves more to bring people to it

I don't want to oversell Touch. Just check it out if you get the chance. I guess it''s pretty weeb family, the outfits are supposed to invoke manga/anime/hentai. If you have ever been to a legit strip club, or a gogo/cabaret dance show in Las Vegas, that's what Touch is akin to.
>>
Kind of an off-topic question, but is the tap water safe in Thailand? I ain't no bitch and I drink tap water here in the states, and I know there are some people out there that will only drink bottled.

But would drinking the tap in Bangkok make me sick?
>>
>>1177031
no but the tranny cock you crave will, faggot
>>
>>1177031
How is that off topic?
>>
>>1177037
well everyone in here is talking about hookers and gogo bars
>>
>>1177038
Thread is about travel in Thailand in general. Matter of fact, that's what this is, a "Thailand General" thread.
>>
>>1177031
it definitely isn't, I started shitting blood after accidentally brushing my teeth with the water there.
>>
>>1171965
Im going to thailand for a month leaving in early december, will i be affected by this?
>>
>>1177184
It's not affecting much now, most people anticipate things to be pretty much back to normal in November, after Loy Krathong on November 15th at the latest
>>
Can anyone in thailand now give an. Update on the night life? Is it business as usual or closing early
>>
>>1177324
Look at the recent YouTube videos here, but TL;DR, only night life is really affected, and not much>>1176995
>>
More info on the beachside attractions and more importantly are they a scam like the jet ski scam.

>paragliding (quoted 600baht)
>snorkeling (quoted 1500baht)
>trip to island (quoted 600baht)
>>
>>1175874
What does "soi" mean? Is there a reason this word is used so much?

Putting soi sauce on a cowboy?
>>
>>1177545
Soi is basically the Thai word for street, and Thais put adjectives after nouns. So "Soi Cowboy" is literally Cowboy street.
>>
>>1177369
jet skis are not a scam, used them myself. of course they might scam you but by that logic you should never take a taxi/eat out/go outside
>>
This is a serious post.

What is it like fucking whores, as a 28 year old virgin who is debating going there next year to lose my virginity?

Is it awkward? Will they be able to smell my virginity and not want to fuck me even if I have money? Am I expected to know how to have sex and take charge? Will they try to manipulate me because I am an awkward virgin?

Will spending two weeks with a hooker help me overcome my crippling anxiety with women and teach me how to have sex, or will I just know how to have hooker sex and if I get with a normal girl back home they wonder wtf is wrong with me?

Also, how do you deal with money there? I'm assuming it's not safe to just carry around 4k in cash while falling asleep with random whores in your apartment?
>>
>>1177605

just get a hooker in your own country you awkward retard.
>>
>>1177608
Not what I want. Sure I could pay some bitch 300 to fuck me once, but I want to spend weeks with a woman pretending to love me. Going out to diner with her, going to the clubs with her, fucking her and having her be there when I wake up in the morning pretending she loves me.

I want to make up for almost 30 years of being alone, and experience in two weeks what most people have know their entire lives. Not only do I want to do this to know the feeling, but I am hoping I will mature mentally and gain the confidence that must people have had my age for years.
>>
>>1177609
Just pay for Thai pr Filipina bride then
>>
>>1177611
I couldn't walk down the street with the shame of everyone knowing I couldn't get a normal wife and had to pay for one, always talking behind my back. I want to go away and have a good time and hopefully mature mentally to the point where I can get a normal woman from my home country before I get too old to do so. I already have a good job and am average looking, I should be able to manage finding a decent woman if I had the confidence to approach them and talk to them.
>>
>>1177609

you do realize your hooker will be fucking other men when you are there not spending the whole week with you?

>>1177613
and you realize that wont work because its all fake and you are paying money, that wont help you learn to be normal because it wont matter what you say/do since you are paying money she wont give a shit if you act weird.

see a therapist
>>
>>1177614
I heard you can get them to spend the entire night with you for like $100, and they leave in the morning. And if you really got along and both wanted to they would stay with you for full days for like $100 a day.

Also, no. Just the act of being around a woman, touching her body, ect, learning how to have sex would help me a great deal and make me comfortable enough to get a normal gf. I have girls interested in me but get really uncomfortable when things advance past simple conversation and they display a bit of interest.
>>
>>1177613
How would they know you paid for a bride?
>>
>>1177619
>random dude that never had a gf in his life
>suddenly out of nowhere marrying and living with random thai girl in Northeast Ohio

Most people can connect the dots. An older guy I work with did it and he has no respect, everyones always joking about him.
>>
>>1177618

ok go do it then if you know so much and dont ask here then. pretty sure they wont spend the whole day with you as they can be out fucking other dudes for more money. its not about if they get along or like you, its about money

>>1177622
so everyone in your town knows you are a virgin no gf for life? kek
>>
>>1177622

btw if you are worried about how it looks you could also get a wife from russia or ukraine
>>
Landing in Bangkok Friday night. Where do I change money? Best way to get from airport to my hotel?
>>
>>1177609
hire an escort, they do this kind of shit if thats what you are looking for
>>
>>1177911
uber, there are a bunch of places you can exchange your money, both in the airport and out, you will get a better rate in thailand anyway
>>
>>1177605

im not gonna tell the story .. but i took my 25 year old virgin friend to thailand ... he Married the girl that took his virginity ... its been 6 years .. i dont trust her .. but he does
>>
Gonna be in Chiang Mai soon, had a few questions:

How safe is the city it for a solo male traveler? I'm not exactly a big or intimidating guy.

are there any touristy spots or attractions that I should avoid/not worth the time and money?

Is traveling across the city by car time consuming? I guess I'm asking how bad traffic can get if I'm just looking at traveling by uber or taxi

And finally, I don't intend to go for any prostitutes but I was hoping to get laid. I'm not terrible looking but don't speak the language, do I have a chance with a qt Thai girl?
>>
>>1178253
As long as he "holds up his end of the bargain ", and they remain co-located, and their is not a huge age gap, then there is no reason not to trust her
>>
>>1178264
You have a chance, but to be honest, the prostitutes are generally safer in every way than a regular girl, and often cheaper, too
>>
>>1178501
He probably would have tragically fallen off the balcony on his wedding night if she was untrustable. Still, it's never safe for a foreigner.
>>
Just got to my hotel in Bangkok. Airport taxi wanted to charge me 1,400 baht. Uber cost 300
>>
>>1178502

Seriously? How so? Why would a regular girl be more expensive and less safe and what would I be paying for besides maybe a few drinks and food?
>>
>>1178609
thai girls are very conservative and do not interact with foreigners, absolutely not in northen thailand. you can't just go on a date and fuck them or meet them at a club. if you want to court one be prepared to marry
>>
>>1176972
No entrance fee for gogos. There's an entrance fee for some places that do sex shows, ping pong ect but that gets you a drink anyway. You'll probably be asked to leave if you don't spend any money. If you want to talk to one of the girls call them over and buy them a drink, if you touch the girls buy them a drink. You'll most likely be sitting alone unless you buy a girl a drink. You will be approached by girls asking you to buy them drinks but you can just say no. You won't be forced to buy the girls drinks but some girls do approach in pairs pressuring you to buy both of them a drink, again, just say no.

>>1176974
300 baht minimum? Where have you been going and what have you been drinking? You can get drinks for 120baht in walking street gogos and lady drinks about 200baht. I agree with the dancing bit though, mostly they kinda just stand there, I dont blame them though. I wouldn't say only reason to go to a gogo is to pick up prostitutes, most of the girls in there won't even be taking customers, I've always had a good time in gogos.

>>1178264
If you're a foreigner you won't have much chance with a regular Thai girl. If one does show interest they probably just are in it for the money. And even for money Thai girls prefer east asians like koreans/japanese over whites nowadays.

>>1178609
Gifts and need money to look after family
>>
File: 20161105_004331.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161105_004331.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>1178609
first off, don't listen to this dude >>1178614 . at least not wholesale. Thai girls are like Catholic school gears, appear conservative, but are secretly not, easily seduced. ow that I think about it he is not wrong though, becasue one you bed them, even if it was off of one date, they will now consider you there boyfriend, and they can get very violent when slighted, Thailand is number one for penis reattachment surgery.

Let me jsut itemize the reasons they are more expenisve:
1.time thieves : It will take more time and effort to get laid with a normal Thai girl (though less effort than all but most Staciest whores and backpacker chicks. That said, you are in the spot where the Staciest whores and backpacker chicks travel)

2. Money thieves: If lower class they will still be in your pockets a lot, you will find yourself taking them shopping and out to eat, quickly ending up paying more than a whore, for less sex, probably. And as this is a respectable traditional girl, if it did progress to marriage you will have to pay Bride Price, most likely.

3. Not so much in the North, and Isan, but you have a higher risk of HIV with a normal Thai chick than with a hooker. Definitely in Bangkok, which would also be the easiest place to be a non-pro with no drama.

4. The aforementioned prone to violence when the regular Thai girl figures out she was a pump in dump.

On average regular Thai girls are worse and more rish than the hookers in everyway. If not an expat, if you are jsut a traveler, and don't want a hooker, your best bet is another traveler chick. I just saw so many Staceys stumbling down the street in groups outside my hotel in Bangkok.
>>
>>1178622
>If you're a foreigner you won't have much chance with a regular Thai girl. If one does show interest they probably just are in it for the money. And even for money Thai girls prefer east asians like koreans/japanese over whites nowadays.

These days Africans, not even just Western Blacks, are pulling better than white guys for regualr Thai chicks. For white guys you have to overcome the assumption that "white guy + Thai girl = hooker" if the girl isn't actually a hooker. Also though it ma not seem that way in tourist areas, English levels are pretty low in Thailand, and most of the women with high English proficiency are hookers, so most normal Thai girls are out of your league.
>>
>>1178628
You'll find it a lot in places like flexx and 808 obviously but a lot of thai girls do hold the assumption that blacks are dangerous or criminals. Also if you're Indian/central asian you pretty much have no chance, you won't even get let into most gogos ect
>>
>>1178633
>Also if you're Indian/central asian, you won't even get let into most gogos ect
I wonder why. Is it the classic "we don't trust dark skins" as everywhere else or customers from these origins actually behave like shit in gogos ?
>>
>>1178633
>You'll find it a lot in places like flexx and 808 obviously but a lot of thai girls do hold the assumption that blacks are dangerous or criminals.

I can't even deny this, as a black guy, as a Thai girl dated that was from Isan would show my pic to friends, first reaction was surprise, then concern, like I was either abusing her or destroying her sexually, being a bald black dude, a beard in some pics and all. Speaking of beard, I have a friend I have known for years, like bestie level, her kids uncle/godfather, the erlson she comes to for advice and life issues. I was talking about growing my beard oit and even she said I looked scary with it. That said, though the highest number may br Thai woman that think ill of black men, the number who like black men os higher than the number of black men around. The only other black guy I saw on my plane tonight was with an Asian woman (she walked the line between Thai and Korean and it was a Korean Air flight so mot sure exact ethnicity) and he was either African or African French (looked African, French accent). So it's still easy pickings gor a black guy. Two of my Thai exes didn't even like black men, before me, anyway.
>>
>>1178647
>he was either African or African French (looked African, French accent). So it's still easy pickings gor a black guy.
People from francophone Africa have a culture where they splurge a lot on women (clothes, cellphones, even cars sometimes). It's a big competition out there.
I guess it goes down well with Thai ladies.
>>
>>1178646
As a papasan I'll tell you it's Indian autism, and rapey (to include literal rape) and gang bangy behavior, and also being cheap. Outside of cheap, Arabs used to be in this same category, but have largely redeemed themselves. Though I know of some serious incidences in fhe last couple of years
>>
>>1178646
Poor general behavior of people from these countries. Too touchy with the girls, being cheap, and also Thai girls just don't like the smell. Maybe if you're second generation, raised in the west, well dressed you'll get a pass but generally if you look Indian it's a no. If you're fresh off the boat Indian 100% no.
>>
>>1178648
I recall on social media where it was a huge story where this African dude (I think he had a lot of money) married tjis social media cosmetic pusher chick. The headlines were all abiit finding true love, which was translation for rich man I think. I tbink i still follow her on Facebook, I may look it up and post who I am talking about
>>
Im in Bangkok for 3 days. Can anyone recommend some must see/do's
>>
>>1177911
>>1177963
Explain a bare minimum if an at te airport. It ost me 32.98 baht to dollar at the airport. At a changer at Indira Square/Pratanum Market I got 34.31 Baht for the dollar. exchanged $400 USD there, so a difference of over 500 baht.
>>
Taxi drivers outside of my hotel keep offering to take me places for 50 baht, even down to 5 baht, also keep offering tours of Bangkok or to be my driver for the day. Are amy of these legit? Or just the beginning of a scam. I have been using Uber, but could use a dedicated driver tomorrow when I plan on hitting up cultural sites
>>
>>1171777
I'm going to Thailand for 2 and a half months at the end of this year, but I have no plans for when I get there. Does anyone have any suggestions or things they usually do when travelling?

>inb4 sex tourism
I want to learn the language, and learn the culture. I'm not interested in anything degenerate.
>>
>>1178797
>>1178797
>Explain a bare minimum if an at te airport. It ost

"Exchange a bare minimum of cash at the airport. It cost...."
>>
>>1178816
Don't accept the tours. It's a common scam in a lot of countries. They'll take you to places to buy expensive shit where they get a cut of the profit, instead of taking you to places you'd want to see.
>>
>>1178816
If you had Googled this you would have Found tons of results on the Bangkok Tuktuk tour scam, going to the black Buddha or marble Buddha for 10 bht or they pop up when you're outside of a Temple claiming that it's closed today.

Just say nty in a polite way and be decisive in going where you had planned to go to cut it off.
>>
>>1178818
If you're interested in culture go to the north, if you're interested in beaches go to the islands and south
>>
>>1178839
I haf a dude pop up on me today claiming some Temple was open only for today. Told him I got plans so I guess I won't be seeing it
>>
>>1178849
cool also by the way want to buy a bridge i have?
>>
Hi chaps

Doing a two month trip to Asia. Arriving in Bangkok 28/12/2016.

Is Ko Phangan best option for NYE for someone who loves partying?

Best way to get there from Bangkok?
>>
>>1178816
There are two exchanges in the airport( I think Super Rich and Vau exchange) that offer good rates, and in Pattaya and other places you have other non-bank exchanges like TT exchange who offfer good rates too.
>>
>>1178863
I saw Super Rich at Siam Paragon and there rates for changing large amounts of money were even better than >>1178797
>>1178820
>>
>>1178855
WTF are you talking about. I was saying how I didn't fall for the scam
>>
>>1178857
If you've got $300 for a round trip flight, book a flight from Bangkok to Samui. Take a taxi from the airport to the ferry dock to get to Ko Phangan.
>>
>>1178899
>>1178857
lmao you can get a round trip for half that easily
>>
>>1178908
Normally yes, but not for NYE
>>
Why are Thai women so fucking crazy?

What is going on in their heads to make them this way?
>>
>>1178979
I think maybe it has to do with the lack of men. Also the extremes of the "face" culture as most craziness stems from perceived slights.
>>
>>1172878
>They are available for purchase and there are several clinics selling them in Bangkok(I think in Pattaya too).

Like from 7-Eleven?? Can you give the address and name of the place you went to? Also I assume they have a different name in Thai

I'll be using both that AND condoms. I understand that everybody else thinks I'm overreacting but this is what makes me comfortable and that's what I'm going to do.

>>1172878
>>1172853
Crazy how?
>>
>>1178818
If you have to make a visa run, siem riep and ankor wat aren't that far from Bangkok. I've been to thailand 20x, learn to use the bus system and the trains, travel is cheap but you get to see the country. The southern insurgent provinces, Hat Yai aren't really worth visiting, imo.
>>
>>1179036

a word on condoms, bring western ones. I was away from my hotel, picked up a bar girl, hmm no condoms. Went to 7-11, bought some condoms, slipped one on, cock started turning blue from lack of blood. Hmm...must have got little boy size. Go back to 7-11, I think I need a couple of size bigger condoms. Clerk: they are all the same size, doh!
>>
>>1177618

Should be no more than 1000 baht for "long time" Don't let on how inexperienced you are, bargain but shouldn't be 3500 b (100 us). And about 300 or so for "bar fine" (paid to mama san)

Hell, I had trouble getting them to leave the next day. One gal I hooked up with on multiple trips.
>>
>>1177605

Yeah, carry 4000 thats a couple years salary for a thai, they'll probably kill you and rob you. My advice is use atm's and cc's.
>>
>>1171909
Just do Vietnam instead
>>
>>1173050
My vote would be pattaya
>>
>>1177031

Hello, I backpacked around and got a couple of mosquito bites. To save money, I would shower at the bus/train stations. My bites got infected to the point that I had pus running out of the scars.

So, the water isn't safe. Buy water at 7-11 to drink/brush teeth. Hotel water will be safe to bathe in, though.

Yes there are those that will say, but they've upgraded the purification plant, etc. But they never upgraded the pipes to the taps!
>>
>>1179036
>Crazy how?

Very jealous, very emotional, very clingy, and if you do them wrong, or they think you did, very violent
>>
>>1177002

yes the beer bars are the way to go. To save even more, grab a large chang or two from 7-11 prior to hitting the beer bar
>>
>>1178847
>>1179082
No visa run, I'll be there two and a half months, mainly Chiang Mai in the North. I'm mainly interested in learning the culture and the language. My idea is just to relax and enjoy the weather, as I am from New Zealand.

Although, I will get bored if I spend all my days doing that. So I'm just curious what sort of things I should be considering when that happens.
>>
>>1177605
It's not safe to carry 4000 cash in any country mate. I doubt they will care if you are a virgin but you're probably better off not telling them. As long as you're clean and not absolutely hideous they'll take you as a customer. Remember to not just pick up any random girl, talk to her for a good while first and make sure she seems fun and you get along.

That being said, perhaps you should think about the reasons that you are a virgin and try to improve on that. Losing your virginity will not be a life changing moment that will make you better at talking to women, you most likely won't see too much difference in your life before and after.

I personally have never paid for sex simply because I've never had to I guess but I am pretty experienced with Thai girls as I am Thai myself so if you have any questions just ask.

>>1179091
Years? Overdoing it a bit unless you're talking about a farmer in a remote village. Robbed? Yes, quite likely. Killed? Again, a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>1177605
spend two weeks with a hooker.
You will not be able to perform in the short time you get with a hooker and you will hate yourself even more.
>>
>>1179252
^^^ BS post
>>
>>1179238
>It's not safe to carry 4000 cash in any country mate

Except Japan
>>
>>1179394
Aaaand there comes the weeb.
>>
In Chiang Mai right now with wife. What to do/see besides elephants, and Night Market. Is Nimmanhaen Rd worth going to if not shopping/gawking at a million giant malls? Got burned out on that kind of stuff in Bangkok. Did Art in Paradise in Bangkok, worth repeating in Chiang Mai??
>>
Not sure if this is the right thread but,

When is constitution day actually celebrated? As in when can I go see parades and maybe fireworks, on Saturday 10th or Monday 12th. I'd really love to know.
>>
>>1179407
nothing weeby about pointing out obvious facts
>>
>>1179090
>One gal I hooked up with on multiple trips.
So how long did it take for you to start fucking her raw?
>>
File: 1446819041212.jpg (67KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
1446819041212.jpg
67KB, 500x495px
>>1179789
>Muh japish is dah greaterest countree ons dah palanet, dumb peepole just donts no aboaut it.

please leave weeb, we don't want you here.
>>
Hey senpai. What would be a realistic budget for me for 2 months in Thailand? (Airfare not included)

I'm a young white male, planning to stay in cheap (But well-located, clean) hotels, eat cheap (But good) food at cheap restaurants - street foods, paying for hookers only if I cant pick up chicks (Thai or tourist), once a week maybe? (I'm a relatively tall, 185cm, 86 kg, fit, above average looking, non - autist white dude), travel around with BTS, Skytrain, TukTuks, Not drinking alot of alcohol (1-2 cheap beers/night).

I dont plan on going for tourist attractions such as Tiger Prison, Elephant Torture Park, Diving Lessons etc. I plan on exploring the country, fucking hot chicks, relaxing, socializing, eating good food, getting oil massages from time to time, chilling at the beach, taking short walks around, maybe renting a moped and driving around etc.

I plan to visit Bkk, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Koh PhiPhi, Koh Lanta, Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, Koh Lipe and Maybe Koh Chang.

Those are what I seek for my trip (Basically, A bit comfier than the average backpacker minus the tourist attractions I suppose). Any suggestions, tips and budget estimations for me?

I consider myself cool, friendly, positive and believe that I got some amount of game. Can I pick up Thai girls at the mall, street, bars, cafes etc whatever?

Also, am I going to be above average height in Thailand like where I live now or am I going to tower over all the asian people?

Any help is appreciated anons
>>
>>1181364
This post is kill. Past the bump limit. Better to ask your question here:

>>1173948
>>
File: M'Pepe.png (325KB, 554x576px) Image search: [Google]
M'Pepe.png
325KB, 554x576px
>>1179789
i don't know why you are so triggered over people sharing their opinions on an anonymous image board

relax friendo
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.