[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macedonia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: mk-mapa.jpg (70KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
mk-mapa.jpg
70KB, 650x350px
I am thinking about taking a trip to Macedonia next year, and was wondering if anyone got any suggestions on where to go, how to travel or some general heads up. My main priority is to vist Ohrid, and maybe Skopje, but are open to vist nearby countries such as Albania, Serbia and Greece. Should I travel with train or bus?
>>
File: Balkan-Peninsula-Map.jpg (350KB, 1200x906px) Image search: [Google]
Balkan-Peninsula-Map.jpg
350KB, 1200x906px
Thread on Balkans >>1146732

I don't recommend staying in Macedonia for more than a day or two.
You'll exhaust things to see and do very, very fast. Macedonia is just a region of Bulgaria both ethnically and culturally and anything there- Bulgaria has it bigger, better.

Here's my quick recommendation, note that I can only give you details about Bulgaria:

-Vidin, the Vidin-Calafat bridge connects BG and RO, a day to see the fortress by the Danube river, some monuments in the center and buildings from the 1878-1944 period in our history, 1 day max (leaving same day)

-Plovdiv, houses the old city which has 18th century authentic Bulgarian architecture as well as contemporary city which has the World Trade Fair building, 2 days max (leaving on second).

-Sofia, capital, plenty to see in terms of Communist tourism and 1876-1944 stuff, as it was hastedly developed by Austrian architects early 19th century. Google "free Sofia tour" and "sofia free food tour", 2 days (leaving on second)

-Off to Macedonia for 2 days

-Montenegro and Albania are hidden gems, but I can't go into detail

-Stick to the coastline of Croatia and you're golden
>>
>>1148024
The reason I am so keen going to Macedonia is because of the diverse culture and hidden gems such as the city of Ohrid. I am not that interested in Bulgaria, but rather Montenegro og Albania. Thanks for the tips tho!
>>
File: me.png (271KB, 2560x1280px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
271KB, 2560x1280px
>>1148018
Does anyone got any experience in Montenegro? Would like to travel to the coast line
>>
>>1148097
>hidden gems such as the city of Ohrid.

?
Ohrid is easily the most visited tourist destination in the country.
>>
File: 20160806_105353.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160806_105353.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1148097
Seems you didn't read my post. Well, enjoy your 2 days worth of culture, friend!

>hidden gems such as Ohrid
fucking kek
>>
File: IMG_20160717_193732.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160717_193732.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>1148104
just got back from there two weeks ago, it was my second time in the country in two summers

what would you like to know?
>>
>>1148132
Want to experience history, culture and good food without being surrounded by tourists. Would it be an idea to travel from Montenegro to Croatia?
>>
File: IMG_20160720_120437.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160720_120437.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1148175
good luck with that in Montenegro, its nicest towns (Kotor and Budva) are swarmed by tourists (although not as much as Dubrovnik is)

still, you should check them out, as well as Perast (UNESCO world heritage village near Kotor) and Herceg Novi - from Herceg Novi you can take a boat to Fort Mamula which is an 19th century fortress (later on used as a prison) built on a tiny island at the entrance to the Bay of Kotor

there are two other forts on each side of the bay, Fort Prevlaka and Fort Arza, both of them are a nice visit

secluded beaches are a dime a dozen on the Montenegro coast, my favourite was an abandoned submarine tunnel near Rose village, but there's a really nice public beach in Rijeka, too, with a sandy beach and a huge cliff near the shores which you can climb and then use as a jump base

for good food, try your luck with the small restaurants found in every village. I know that Duresevici (opposite of Tivat airport) has a great fish restaurant

also, there are small islets scattered around the Bay of Kotor and the coastline with little churches and monasteries built on top of them - Gospa od milosrda, Sveti Dordje, Sveta Nedelja etc... hire a boat and see them for yourself, they're really cute

if you're looking for some inland adventure, then I'd advise you to take a trip to Ostrog Monastery near the capital, and to the Tara river canyon (the deepest canyon in Europe): you can do rafting there or you can zipline across the river 180 metres high
>>
>>1148018
I visited whole of SE Europe, and personally only Belgrade is worth visiting, since it really has the best nightlife I ever experienced, it is also culturally and historically the most important city in the region (disregarding Greece and its hellenistic history). Anything else worth visiting is the adriatic coastal area in summer.
>>
>>1148414
>it is also culturally and historically the most important city

You better check your assumptions right there, senpai. Serbia's shit. I really don't know what you've visited, but to call Belgrade anything than a 1 day stop is a joke.

>night life
>implying it's anything more than turbofolk degeneracy
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.