[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /v/, has "it" happened to you yet?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 359
Thread images: 63

File: (You).jpg (67KB, 1394x1050px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
67KB, 1394x1050px
So /v/, has "it" happened to you yet?
>>
yeah, and i've learn to move on and adjust
>>
yes, i've started balding

the moment I realized I was I became a million times more insecure
>>
>>6786382

Actually, it did. Feels terrible. But when I see kids nowadays I can't help but hate them and all their retarded memes. Sat next to a guy yesterday who was born in 1998.

Was a weird feel for sure.
>>
27 years old, it happened at least 5 years ago if not earlier.
>>
yea, i saw a stream of a girl and she was using words like 'lit' and 'on flick' unironically, and i realized that i'm officially not with it.
>>
I'm on a board that considers Halo good and some people are starting to consider PS2 retro. The classic rock station was on at work and Linkin Park of all things was playing on it.
>>
>>6786382
yup. i'm trying not to spook, but it sucks. I get tired more quickly, I get a lot of aches and pains, it's like my life is ebbing away. I still work out and stuff so it's not as bad as it could be, but I'm trying not to start doubting myself.
>>
>>6786387
the word is fleek and yes, its retarded
>>
>>6786388

>talking shit about linkin park

As long as it's only their first 2 albums then I'm fine with it.

>>6786387

Heard someone say "lit" the otherday ingame chat and had no idea what the fuck he was talking about.

>>6786390

What the fuck is fleek
>>
Since i was a kid
Its why im here
>>
>>6786391
>implying I was talking shit
>people are starting to consider Linkin Park "classic rock"
>>
>bae stands for "before all else"

yes, yes it did
>>
>>6786388
>The classic rock station was on at work and Linkin Park of all things was playing on it.
Bullshit. If anything it would be "classic" alternative, and that's even unlikely.
>>
>>6786388
This. Also don't forget the kids on here that watch let's plays and play mobile and F2P games. I'm glad /vr/ is still a thing, or I wouldn't have too many places to discuss the vidya anymore.
>>
>>6786384
>tfw seeing your friend balding just like his dad

I'm actually not that afraid of balding, I usually have my hair cut monk tier low anyways
>>
>>6786382

Yes, but it's completely justified from the industry constantly pushing bad marketing decisions without acknowledging their limitations.

I hope the industry can one day go back to making real, finished games, as opposed to a service that grants you the privilege to rent a half finished game full of nickel and diming microtransactions and questionable futures and integrity.

Because it's going to fucking crash again with the intense amount of doubt and mistrust being funneled into modern games.
>>
>>6786392
Came here to post this
>>
Yep. Around 2009, give or take.
>>
>>6786394
Before "anyone" else actually, keep up
>>
File: 1481587089236.jpg (59KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1481587089236.jpg
59KB, 550x550px
>>6786382
Oh yeah, totally. I can't keep up with all these stupid internet memes at all. I didn't fucking even know what the hell cuckoldry was until all the kids started using it as a catch-all insult.
>>
Video games I'm still up to date with but most other pop culture trends have left me completely behind.
Like this shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PTlPu9nxVs
It just looks fucking stupid.
>>
>>6786402
I haven't seen anyone call it NTR in fucking ages.
>>
>>6786382
Yeah I feel like I barely belong anymore on this site anymore, I've been here for 8 years and I wouldn't even consider that a long time but all of the social media blending is jarring. Like you can actually meet normal people IRL calling people autistic and telling each other to kill themselves
>>
I was never with it so I could never suddenly experience no longer being with it.
>>
File: ffuuuuuck yoooooouu.jpg (47KB, 350x318px) Image search: [Google]
ffuuuuuck yoooooouu.jpg
47KB, 350x318px
>>6786394
>>6786401
I still refuse to believe this. I know in my soul that some retard misspelled "babe" and was too fucking stubborn to just own up to it.
>>
Since i was 10. I feel like i'm the mexican version of Reviewbrah
>>
>>6786396
Shut the fuck up you idiot
>>
>>6786387
>lit
>on flick
What?
>>
>>6786382
It happened when I started seeing youtube lets players merchandise/toys
>>
>>6786410
If someone says "thats lit" it basically means "thats cool"

If someone says "its on fleek" (assuming thats what he meant) that means "its stylish"

t. urban translator
>>
>>6786409
Are you mad that no one here cares about your favorite eceleb? You fuck off.
>>
>>6786408
>Reviewbrah
I don't even know who this is.
>>
>>6786382

No, I've always been out of touch with what's culturally the norm or popular or whatever.
>>
>>6786382
Yes

I really thought it never would
>>
>>6786414
ofc

>>6786413
No. It isn't that and yes, /v/ cares about e-celery
>>
>>6786412
>t. urban translator
Yesterday the younger ones at the office asked if I wanted to "get ternt" that evening. I declined. What did I miss out on?
>>
>>6786412
I see...
Thanks, anon
>>
I have never made an account on a social networking site and dont have a cellphone
>>
>>6786382
>Minecraft
>Pewdypie
Yeah. Probably.
>>
>>6786418
>"get ternt"

full version is "getting turned up" which is basically having a party, alcohol and the like
>>
>>6786382
Oh absolutely. I have no idea what kids are saying or playing anymore. I don't know how Snapchat works and new things are actually confusing me.
>>
>>6786388
>I'm on a board that considers Halo good
but halo is good anon. i'm 28.
>>
File: 1481571296450.png (313KB, 506x518px) Image search: [Google]
1481571296450.png
313KB, 506x518px
This.
I thought I walked into a mall kiosk with weird Chinese knock-offs of popular shit to make quick bucks of off whiny kids with their parents, but I was in Walmart and this shit was next to all the Ninja Turtle and Pokemon toys and shit.
>>
>>6786382
Oh yeah. I tried to play a online shooter the other day. Whoa boy.

I no longer have the time or energy to devote to playing anything that I'm not 100% convinced is going to be good.
>>
well, I've never been with "it"
and I probably never will
>>
>>6786382
lmao fucking insecure old farts
>>
File: couchpot.jpg (100KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
couchpot.jpg
100KB, 900x450px
A long time ago honestly. I wasn't poor as a child, but I went to a really rich school district so I never had the capability to be "in" or "with it" because I couldn't afford a lot of the shit that I needed to be "cool".

That brought isolation, and isolation brought the realization that much of human socialization is just repeating or liking the same shit over and over again. What is liked always changes, but the sociological aspect to it never does. People's experiences are "enhanced" by other people liking the same things they do, it brings validation. But they also want certain people to NOT like the things they do because they want to feel special.

Humans are retarded.
>>
>>6786382
Absolutely.
I don't fucking get streamer and reaction culture.
>>
File: Tutor.png (108KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Tutor.png
108KB, 223x310px
>>6786425
Was meant to reply to
>>6786411
Jesus I really must be getting old if I fucked up replying.
>>
>>6786382
I'm only 22. The things I like influence everyone around me to like them as well.
>>
I was born without it.
>>
File: elmer fudd.png (434KB, 600x717px) Image search: [Google]
elmer fudd.png
434KB, 600x717px
>>6786382
It's hard for me to related to people younger than me or in my age group i have comfort in people that are older and have more experiences to pass on to me

I realised it when i was watching tv and there was some 50 year old fart who i think i was a celebrity telling me if i didn't vote i wouldn't be "on fleek" or that "im basic" while doing some sign language or gang hand sign or that my friends would figure out i have "no chill" while there was a bunch of niggermotes on screen
i don't even play video games anymorepls help
>>
>>6786382

pro tip everyone

you never had it
you're stuck at back in your childhood
>>
File: fug.jpg (41KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
41KB, 680x793px
>>6786430
>fucking this
I just don't get it, who the fuck cares about watching someone else play a game? Also goes for playthroughs and whatnot
>>
>>6786412
>If someone says "thats lit" it basically means "thats cool"

I remember when 'cool' was the word people needed explaining.
>>
>>6786415

This. The only difference is, when you were young you were by association of age with it. Now that I'm 29, I look at these dumb fucking kids today with their memes, their slang, and their stupid shit like dabbing and I just shake my head like an old man. I've never felt more destructive and angry at the world in all my life. I just want the world to end, I want no one to escape.
>>
My niece didn't understand what IRL was and I tried to explain the separation of real-life and internet life and she just said "What's the difference?".
>>
File: 1481428038057.jpg (54KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
1481428038057.jpg
54KB, 530x800px
I was at a university graduation ceremony today.. At least 2 people dabbed after receiving their dummy diploma
>>
>people who watch Let's Plays and Twitch streams are accepted in 4chan instead of openly mocked and ridiculed

I guess I'm just too old for this shit.
>>
So let's find out who the oldest fart in this thread is, how old are you and what are three modern games you're still looking forward too.

>30
>Yakuza 0
>Ace Combat 7
>Resident Evil 2 remake
>>
File: 1480145564411.jpg (24KB, 448x310px) Image search: [Google]
1480145564411.jpg
24KB, 448x310px
>>6786439
This is the major thing I don't get. People treat the internet as an extension of their real lives, when just a few years ago every site was telling you to never post your real life information, give your address, etc. Social media was a mistake.
>>
> the "it" you were with was always a retarded and shallow marketing gimmick to get you to buy some shit you didn't need

Most of those single player games were a complete fucking regret now, and would be again if i bought them again today... unless it had some amazing foresight design, like random map generation for relatively unlimited challenges, and a computer AI that doesn't really cheat but isn't totally retarded either
>>
Reminder that Linkin Park can be considered classic rock now that they're 20 years old, when the term classic rock was coined Led Zeppelin was only 15 years old
>>
>>6786418
if you honestly don't know what get ternt means you're a fucking retard and deserve your shitty office job
>>
>>6786442
>31
>Red Dead 2
>Breath of the Wild
>i dunno
>>
>>6786382
I'm trying to stay with it but it's getting harder. It's why I come here.
>>
>>6786441
>Complaining about people not being openly mocked for liking something you don't
You're not old, you're just autistic.
>>
File: 1365543120762.jpg (343KB, 1095x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1365543120762.jpg
343KB, 1095x1195px
>talking like a nigger became popular
>>
>>6786446
It'll happen to you.
>>
I actually have to ask here, because I don't give a rat's ass about boards I don't browse, like teevee.

32 years old, am I alone in having missed all of the "pop" culture shows of the past decade, from Heroes to Lost to Mazionga to HIMYM to TWD to GoT, pretty much all of those shows people talk about on the internet? I barely watched shit like Angel and Buffy when I still bothered to turn tv on, as soon as I ditched tv programming I never bothered again. I'm not even gonna bother talking about movies because I watched Batman Begins only after watching TDK at the theater because I didn't even know BB was the prequel, I just missed it and I didn't fucking care. But that's on me, to me capeshit does not exist at all, the last Spiderman I watched was 3.

>>6786428

Insecure is like "that's subjective", it's the first thing people resort to when they don't want to be proven wrong on something and need a quick way out.

>>6786442

REmake if it's REally REmake, if it's reskinned RE4 they can go die in a pit. Nothing else really. Maybe a good Ninja Gaiden game, but that ain't happening ever again.
>>
>>6786438
>Now that I'm 29, I look at these dumb fucking kids today with their memes, their slang, and their stupid shit like dabbing and I just shake my head like an old man.

If it makes you feel better, I'm 20 and all that stuff is deplorable nigger shit.
>>
>>6786437
Are from the 1930s?

Cool has existed forever and has always been cool
>>
>>6786449
Ah, sounds like someone is a fan of a certain colorful horse show.
>>
>>6786442
>29
>RE7
>Days Gone
>Nioh
>>
>>6786443
pedo/murder/stalker scares

new things are scary, and the internet was new it was the scariest of all because it dealt with other people you didn't (and still do not) fully understand or know

now because the internet is "old" and "well known" people (read: newfags) are under the illusion that it's a well tested product that's safe for consumption.

this website and the few others like it are the few remaining markers in the desert of the real that says "Abandon all hope ye who enter here."
>>
>>6786418
turnt

its just getting fucked up
>>
>>6786445
>No Doubt and Green Day get played on the classic radio station alongside stuff like Jackson and Bee Gees
>>
Yeah I'm gonna stop playing vidya for good when I finish my backlog.
>>
>>6786440
TWU?
>>
>>6786455
>But you probably like this shitty thing!
Nice job confirming your autism.
>>
File: 1424793921809.jpg (268KB, 412x461px) Image search: [Google]
1424793921809.jpg
268KB, 412x461px
It happened when I was in high school and "u mad bruh?" became popular lexicon

It was precisely that moment when I no longer wanted to deal with anyone and became the loner shut in I am today that browses an indonesian fishing board and moans about how much normies suck
>>
>>6786382
How did everyone in the thread know what op meant by it? Is this a bald fag thing?
>>
>>6786463
lmao u mad bro?
>>
>>6786463
I miss when that was THE hottest 4chan maymay
>>
>>6786464
It's a Simpsons quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY
>>
>>6786443
>>6786457
Yea, I grew up with the understanding that anything you say can and will be used against you on the internet

its fucking amazing seeing so many people exposing their own lack of self-respect to millions of people.
>>
>>6786452
Nah. There's plenty of people that don't watch TV, especially on /v/ or /a/. I may watch a lot of anime, but to any normalfag that asks, I just say I don't watch TV because I know they'll ask me about Game of Thrones, or Breaking Bad, or Arrow, or whatever sitcom and I won't have a clue what they're talking about.
>>
>>6786461
No. Same shit happened to you? This is getting ridiculous
>>
Yep. I have a hard time enjoying current gen games, unless they are sidescrollers, platformers or whatever shit Nintendo makes.
>>
>>6786452
>>6786469
I was like this for years, resisting popular stuff for the sake of it.

I just started watching Breaking Bad yesterday. It's bretty gud.
>>
>>6786452
I haven't seen spider man since 2. I win, fag.
>>
File: 1273921541542.jpg (55KB, 600x455px) Image search: [Google]
1273921541542.jpg
55KB, 600x455px
>>6786469
>be named Carl
>ever since TWD got super popular there's always been one asshole every day who yells "COOOORAL"
>>
>>6786382
This year actually, it doesn't make mad or anything it just made me realize how stupid it all was
>>
>>6786472
Fuck that bitch she ruined the show for me.
>>
>>6786474
Do you find that better or worse than people referencing the Simpsons to you?
>>
File: report-of-the-week.jpg (92KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
report-of-the-week.jpg
92KB, 900x900px
it happened to me once i realised that the industry started being milked for profit
>>
>>6786477
Worse.

Carl isn't a main character on The Simpsons. Even then people rarely ever brought him up with me. I actually find Carl on The Simpsons to be pretty cool.

Carl on TWD is a main character and practically a meme.
>>
I'm not with it but I don't feel left out.

I feel superior to all the plebians of the world.
But I'm still alone.
>>
>>6786452
I'm eight there with you. I watched some episodes of the series you mentioned either passively because someone else at home had it on, or for things like GoT I got bored after 1st season. Never bothered with zombie shit because it was already out when TWD came on, imo. And marvel/DC movies are all the same romance story inside of an end of the world story BS.
>>
>>6786463
>normies
See, that's how you disregard everything you say, that sole word imply you're Underage as fuck.
>>
>>6786481
>And marvel/DC movies are all the same romance story inside of an end of the world story BS.
thats giving them too much credit
>>
>>6786442
>27
>Gran Turismo Sport
>Ace Combat 7
>Red Dead Redemption 2
>>
>>6786479
the thing is that you're missing your Lenny, Carl.
>>
I'm 18 and it's lit senpai
>>
http://urbandictionary.com

oldfags.
>>
>>6786382
I thought it did after playing MGSV and final fantasy 15, but despite/v/ shitting on Overwatch I'm having much more fun.
>>
Yeah, but mainly with social media stuff. I don't see the point in twitter or instagram. Some of the terminology goes over my head. Which is weird because my generation just borrowed slang from the 70s and 80s. Video Games like moba shit really disenfranchised me, but I still have fun with RPG's and Isometric games. When I have time....

I am okay that I am no longer hip, because what is considered cool is not anything I want to keep up with.
>>
>>6786405
this, it's crazy how much 4chan culture and mainstream culture align nowadays
>>
I think I'm there. I've branched out to multiple boards on this site and it's really difficult to find the vibe that it had when I first started browsing. Only manga threads on /a/ and some of the smaller boards capture that feeling. /v/, /a/, and /sp/ are all just too different now for me to enjoy like I used to. Only reason I come to /v/ anymore is TES threads and sometimes you guys can still be hilariously mean.

By the way has anyone seen the state of /b/ nowadays? What the fuck happened there?
>>
>>6786420
same here
yay for us i guess
>>
File: hammer.png (424KB, 1317x2000px) Image search: [Google]
hammer.png
424KB, 1317x2000px
>>
>>6786491
/b/ has been a cesspit for ages. For people first visiting 4chan, it's usually the board they look at first. Thus, it's always attracted a bunch of underage edgelords, normalfags, and attention whores. It's a fast board where the one that screams loudest and most obscenely gets heard.
>>
>>6786491
>What the fuck happened there?
Reddit, I know is a meme answer but it is really what happened there.
>>
I don't keep up with whats In and I have not been doing that for some time. Still most of these new expressions doesn't feel genuine, they honestly feels like mass marketing brainwashing through social media.
>>
>>6786440
I literally had to google "dabbing" right now to even understand what you were saying.
>>
File: cat bread.gif (940B, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
cat bread.gif
940B, 80x80px
>>6786427
this tbqh familia

I've been an outcast forever. It's not all bad though, at least I don't hop on to every retarded fad that pops up.
>>
>>6786452
I watch a shitton of movies but the Tv series fad with breaking bad, lost and all that completely passed by me.
>>
>>6786493
magnet hammer and flash hammer, eventually reach lightspeed
>>
File: 1447896778857.jpg (74KB, 342x427px) Image search: [Google]
1447896778857.jpg
74KB, 342x427px
>>6786450
>the "wigger" phase of the 90's plagues us to this day
>>
>>6786469

My claim goes for anime too by the way. I never watched Haruhi save for a few episodes, nor did I watch KON, They never clicked with me and when I see so many cosplay and referencing I just don't get it. I am not sure when I entirely bailed out of anime, but it must have been around 4-5 years ago.

At one point I was anticipating FMP season 3, now I don't give a shit. I read the novel anyway.

It happened with Jrpg too, people cream themselves over Persona, but I played 2-3, saw that 4-5 are an evolution of 3, tried some of 4, decided I was through. I never liked the school setting.

>>6786472

I don't resist anything, I really could not care less. I'm not shitting on those things, they just don't interest me one bit. I actually checked some of TWD1, and when the guy had to be put down by the girl, fucking pewdipie cried. He cried. I hadn't felt such strong second hand embarrassment in a while. And season 1 didn't feel anything special anyway.

>>6786489

I haven't used whatsapp until I turned 31, and it was because of work, otherwise I would have not. The literal one time I used twitter was because of weebshit. Never took a selfie, never used instagram, nothing of the sort.

>>6786496

They are. It's still pretty fucking embarrassing when you have people close to you do shit like the mannequin challenge, especially in public. I don't mind when it's trivial retarded stuff like the snowman or the killer clown, but that's about it.

>>6786497

Black people in sports started the meme.
>>
>>6786495
when they have a sub dedicated to 4chan which features regularly on their "front page" kind of thing
at that point i knew 100% that it was over
>>
>>6786382
Years ago. I think the big one for me was clicker games. It was like waking up one day and learning that people spent hours putting on and taking off belts for entertainment - just an utter "fucking WHY?" moment
>>
>>6786503
I constantly hear from them that they are sick of being compared with 4chan or how 4chan's influence has corrupted their site, but they have the solution which is nuking all 4chan subs related and they will definetly get rid of 4chan but they wont because of the traffic it generates.

Is pathethic how much they depends of this site they hate
>>
>>6786390
>>6786391
I realize that /v/ is basically one step above /pol/ and we should all be used to that by now, but I actually am angered by what black people have done to language in the last decade or so. The invention of Twitter makes it feel like it has ramped up a dozen times over with shit like fleek, lit, and being "woke" which is now making me angriest of all because it'd be so easy to use it correctly. But, nope, I am "woke" to the world today, senpai. Oh, yeah, and also "F-A-M" which was just censored to being senpai in the last sentence because it's super fucking annoying.
>>
File: checking for fucks.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
checking for fucks.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>6786382
Few years ago and I'm cool with it. I don't understand my "friends" anymore, my sister is such a "normie" that I have no interest in her, I don't get "memes", "internet humor", "txt speak" and a bunch of other internet shit, like you've got to lower your IQ just to post on /v/ or become a teenage girl with a phone, popular music all sounds so similar that I'm pretty sure it's all sung by like 3 people, and apparently /v/ now likes Halo, and e-celebs, both of which would have been deleted on-sight years ago.

The world left me behind and I'm quite happy about it because from what I can tell, it's not worth being a part of it.
>>
File: WorfMud.jpg (29KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
WorfMud.jpg
29KB, 300x300px
>play my games and sometimes talk to people on voip
>most of them sound like your average 17 year old kid, spouting memes and saying 'cuck' left and right
>I can hear the pasty whiteness coming from these souls.
>Most are incessant about being right and always have to fill up the empty voip channel with inane comments and being smug about their mechanical keyboard that floods the voip when they talk.

I just drink by myself and play some games.
>>
>>6786508

>people actually use voice chat
>AT
>ALL

Christ.
>>
>>6786382
Around the time the unironic smash tourneyfags started coming in.
>>
File: Magneto_430.jpg (79KB, 430x500px) Image search: [Google]
Magneto_430.jpg
79KB, 430x500px
>>6786382
Yeah. Just graduating high school made me realize kids these days are already born with crisp graphics in games
>>
>>6786493
War Hammer and Magnet Hammer.

Incidentally, Magnet Hammer is best hammer.
>>
>>6786450
It annoys me to no end when my friend does this
>>
File: ako smug.jpg (63KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
ako smug.jpg
63KB, 554x439px
>25 years old and in college with a bunch of 18 year olds
>DAS SHET'S LIT BRUH
>YAAAAAAAAAAAS
>Razer laptops everywhere
>"I'm going to be MLG! I'm gonna play LoL professionally!"
>Everyone is some bullshit like Women's Studies or Professional Theoretical Ass Licker or some shit
>"hahahaha look at anon trying to get into med school like a faaaaaaaag lol what a cog in the machine"
>Significant portions of them are dropping out already while I'm moving on into the next semester with near perfect grades

Wow really makes one think
>>
Yeah. Years ago I went in a Spencer's Gifts with some friends. When I was a teen, I used to find the store funny because of all the "wacky" gifts and band tees, but I was like 24 at the time and I realized I was way too fucking old to be in the store and I didn't recognize any of the bands.
>>
>>6786514
>YAAAAAAAAAAAS

I hate this. I hate it so much. It's like a sociably acceptable version of REEEEEEE
>>
File: 17c.jpg (44KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
17c.jpg
44KB, 600x623px
>>6786407
I've always assumed the same thing.

Wasnt pic related one of the very first bae memes?
>>
>>6786493
Can you move while invisible w/ chameleon? Moving shouldn't count as an action imo
>>
>>6786388
>I'm on a board that considers Halo good and some people are starting to consider PS2 retro

Anon, if a kid was 5 when he got his first ps2, he would be 20.

The PS1 is older than the majority of people on the internet right now
>>
>>6786519
>The PS1 is older than the majority of people on the internet right now

Jesus. I still remember playing C&C on it with my cousins.
>>
>>6786382
Yes it has, and I'm wondering why I keep coming here to discuss shit when it's clear the 4chan I knew is long gone.
>>
>>6786509
I like Plants vs Zombies Garden warfare 2 on PS4, I know this game is for kids, and I know that I'm surely playing with 5 years olds, just I don't need confirmation of that but everytime I have to mte the godforsaken game because there's atleast 3 kids screaming.
>>
File: 1472660846717.gif (3MB, 515x380px) Image search: [Google]
1472660846717.gif
3MB, 515x380px
>>6786516
I always thought that YAAAAAASSS was just a fruity way of saying "yeeeessss", but with the added irony to make them immune to criticism
>>
>>6786517
>when you see it
>>
File: remember when PA was good.jpg (135KB, 522x407px) Image search: [Google]
remember when PA was good.jpg
135KB, 522x407px
>>6786516
I'm actually going to college in buttfuck Indiana so I'm shocked there's even people out here like this. Our college just went through some thing where they axed the women's studies department because it had MAYBE three graduates a year, but of course all of the legbeards were REEEEEEEEing like crazy because they're totally gonna be the one to make a difference, guys!

I don't want to be that guy, but I seriously think going to college for anything but STEM is a waste of time.

>Loved medical shit since I was a kid
>Episodes of Magic School Bus where they went inside people were the fucking best
>Always played shit like Life and Death or that crazy ass Bodyworks Voyager or whatever the fuck it was called
>Perfect biology and chemistry grades in my entire school life
>Have to go down the extremely hard path of four years of college, four years of med school, three years of residency, and mandatory going back to school every year to learn new techniques and medicine
>"You just want to be a doctor for the money!"
>mfw
>>
>>6786523
thats exactly what it is, at least when men use it
>>
File: 1473864398569.jpg (35KB, 648x376px) Image search: [Google]
1473864398569.jpg
35KB, 648x376px
>>6786412
>>
File: 1460861140644.png (384KB, 600x588px) Image search: [Google]
1460861140644.png
384KB, 600x588px
>>6786382
I don't get social media or younger people in the real world but I don't seem to have a problem connecting with people 5 or even 10 years younger than me in games.
>>
>>6786382
I'm 32 and don't get kids at all so yeah.

>>6786384
I went horseshoe bald at like 20. I gave up on life a long time ago.
>>
>>6786514
Just free money for the government in student loan repayments. Cogs in the machine if you will.
>>
>>6786528
>We were spared having all of our cringey and deviant shit connected to our real name
>If you do something dumb online now. It'll always be there in some form on youtube, facebook or twitter
>>
>>6786525
Ah fuck them medicine is a damn smart road to go down and very respectable. I went to college and studied art. Fucking art. I don't regret a single day of it though because they were the best years of my life and now I spend my days doing what I love, there's no money for it and I'll never be big but damn I love doing it
>>
>>6786525
If you truly like science you'd go and do a PhD instead!

Seriously though, I applaud the people that do PhD M.D programs
>>
>>6786532
I feel you brah, I read the Grey's Anatomy for fun and I want to be first in line for the VR programs that let me fly around as a nanomachine because actual shrinking is impossible

>Trauma Center is dead and the only medical games that get released is stupid meme shit like Amateur Surgeon and Surgeon Simulator

I spent the money on a PSVR just to play VEV with. I'm that fucking starved.

>>6786533
I just love the body and everything about it, man. We're fucking meat robots being ran by billions of microscopic creatures that could decide to just fuck you up someday and nobody appreciates that.
>>
File: too_smart_for_videogames.jpg (7KB, 216x250px) Image search: [Google]
too_smart_for_videogames.jpg
7KB, 216x250px
>>6786531
>tfw too intelligent to post nonanonymously
>>
File: Why_not_both.jpg (219KB, 1200x618px) Image search: [Google]
Why_not_both.jpg
219KB, 1200x618px
>>6786519
Stop making me feel old.
I remember when I got my Sega Genesis for Chrismas then SNES for a later one.

I may not be a kid at age anymore but I often still get mistaken for someone that is around 20.
Some of my newer coworkers are 20-22 and since I look their age they try to include me in their group.
Makes me feel old when I brought up an arcade/bowling alley I used to go to in town that was out of business before any of them were born.
>>
These kinds of threads are the best part about this site. Everything just feels so genuine.
>>
>>6786382
Yes no matter how hard I try I can't keep up with society and it's killing me. I can barely keep up with this fucking website because half of the time I have no idea what you guys are talking about, just like right now.
>>
>>6786531
Thank Christ
>>
>>6786534
Consciousness is an illusion created by the trillions of bacteria inhabiting our bodies. We think we're in control. But the microflora are the real masters of our minds and souls
>>
>>6786382
It happened to me so long ago that the people who made me realize it have also realized it. But apparently it's not ever going to be the right time to shuffle off.
>>
Yes.

Kids, please explain to this "old" 32 year old man why you support paid online, dlc, preorder dlc, season passes and all the other cancerous garbage this industry does? No other industry can get away with ripping people off this much except the banks.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1363x760px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1363x760px
>it
>>
>>6786531
And I will always be thankfull of that.

Fuck some things I said/did/wrote during my chuuni days would be chris-chan level of autism, thank God the only records are on the memories of the people involved and I moved out from my city years ago.
>>
>>6786388
>The classic rock station was on at work and Linkin Park of all things was playing on it.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should lie.
>>
>>6786542
preorder DLC is hardly new Anon.

Subscriptions have always existed, and DLCs are supposed to be small expansions. Many games with tons of tiny DLC do not sell massively well. They are just shitty enough and cheap enough to make that they tend to make money.

There are many good and bad examples for both sides. But there have been many shitty expansions to games, rip-offs and general scams.
>>
My jaw is misaligned, and in addition to having crooked/crowded teeth, my mouth is all fucked up. Having wisdom teeth and braces put on can only go so far. I sure as fuck don't have $50k for jaw surgery so I guess the whole "living in a country with monetized healthcare" finally came to fuck me in the mouth.
>>
File: oldman.jpg (162KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
oldman.jpg
162KB, 1000x800px
>/v/ openly supports dlc now
>/v/ openly supports threads about twitter posts, e-celebs,etc and assumes everyone here is pathetic enough to follow that garbage
>/v/ likes Nomura and Kingdom Hearts now

I blame Cuckold Moot for stopping sage bombing and other ways board self moderated.
>>
>>6786542
You don't need to be a kid to realize that the industry is just targeting their shit directly at kids. Think back on when you were under 20. practically everyone at that age just goes along with the bandwagon created by the companies and buys retarded things.
>>
>>6786463
Dost thou display emotional disgust , brau?
>>
>>6786549
Nope.

Kids today are so tasteless that "E.T" would be accepted and rated 7/10. Look at how terrible FF15, on rails car and "airship", hold down button combat, story content held back to be sold as DLC and more, and people defend it.
>>
>>6786551
I'm surprised No Man's Sky received backlash, it was obviously a piece of shit and a lie from the start I assumed the idiots hyped for it would like the garbage result.
>>
>>6786382
>tfw have been a contrarian for as long as I remember

I guess practically never, or always?. I just like to shit on fads.
>>
>>6786525
>I don't want to be that guy, but I seriously think going to college for anything but STEM is a waste of time.
I disagree, for the most part.

If you're going to a private university, getting loans, and going 200k in debt, then absolutely. And even then, if you want to make a lot of money, STEM is your best bet.

But the problem is that people who aren't going into STEM fields don't realize that:
1) It doesn't matter if they go to community/state/public schools if their aspiration is to be a teacher or something like that.
2) Every school has tons of opportunity, but
3) You have to figure out the best career that you want.

You can get a liberal arts degree and make a shitload of money if you do internships with a corporation, and then move up the ladder. And when your entire college degree cost 30 grand in tuition and 40 grand in living costs, it's not that hard to live a shit year or two and then get everything paid off by age 27-30 and be on the correct street for the rest of your life.

But if you're paying 60 grand a semester, then why the fuck even bother doing anything else?
>>
>>6786382
Yes.

My one and only otouto is graduating High School.
>>
>>6786506
I've ironically said woke in my dudebro programming class and got mad laughs, in reference to the futurist redpills the prof drops.

Just ironically use these nigger memes as normies don't know when you're being ironic or unironic.
>>
The reason for the mad decline in /v/, and 4chan in general, was because of everyone giving up on the "Secret club" mentality.

Prove me wrong, you can't.
>>
>>6786548

It's sad that it's true, but you don't mean it. A lot of the stupid shit on the internet happened because of betas seeking validation any possible way they can. Modern internet tanked because of people who want to proof "they belong", which is funny because this board was hostile to newfaggotry and now anybody can say whatever the fuck they want.

>>6786552

no man sky's outrage was also a meme, I don't mean that it never happened but a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon because it was cool to shit on it.

Remember, people like to be outraged, makes them feel "alive".
>>
>>6786382
What is "it" OP?

Also I don't watch dad-core cartoons.
>>
>>6786557
inb4 people getting mad and depressed about "no secret club" anymore.
>>
>>6786557
You act like the people who paid attention to it are still here. Most of us got pushed out by newfags who wanted to make this site theirs and we got overrun. Nobody gave up on the idea, just on the site.
>>
>>6786557
4chan pretty much died in 2011.

I don't even remember what it was that drew the massive influx of newfags that year
>>
>>6786557
When you get ganked by Reddit's Normalfags is hard to keep up the act.

I'm one of hte people who refuses to spoonfeed shit but it doesn't matters since there's always an asshole spoonfeeding newfags.
>>
Anyone else here feel that we could still save the society if everyone born after 1990 were killed off and anything made after 2000 was burned in huge pyres? But honestly, I'd be happy if everything got burned in nuclear fire, even that would be better than leaving the world for millenials.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 222x227px
>>6786382
the super-o no not yet
>>
>>6786382

I shave my head due to the bad dandruff I get from have any real amount of hair on my noggin.

Going bald would only make things easier.
>>
>>6786557
half of old /v/ who know what shit like hurf durf get off my vidyer faggit is went to /pol/ since that's the more secret club (read: counterculture)

the half that stayed hugboxxed themselves in a slightly more vulgar version of reddit but its not reddit so its cool. Mods started popping up that banned fun and purported hugboxxery and redditness.

The downfall wasn't when dubs were removed, but rather when the women started coming here.
>>
>>6786382

dlc and grind locked weapons in mp games
>>
>>6786567
Wait, there are girls here?

Where?
>>
All the lingo nowadays is honestly just niggerspeak. It's disgusting.
>>
File: 1459421000844.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1459421000844.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>all these grandpas on 4chan
Fuck off, manchildren. My dad doesn't browse this shithole, so you shouldn't either.

Get a life
>>
>>6786564
I'd personally enjoy executing every single millenial faggot. There has never before been such a cancerous generation in human history, they all deserve to die.
>>
whenever I use twitter.
>>
>>6786571

The way I heard it, the only shithole around here that's been browsed by your dad is the one between your pudgy cheeks.
>>
>>6786557

The rabbit hole is a lot deeper, this was a big eye-opener for me

discuss hentai
lol virgin
virgin insult used when discussing porn made for what is commonly referred as virgins to begin with

My theory is that the ongoing world crisis generated a lot of neet out of circumstances more than personal attitude, people not truly otaku in nature but whom just stuck around such places because of boredom, those I commonly refer to as "fallen normalfags", basically people who don't have that mindset, they're just people who wish they could be normalfags, their mentality reflects this and so do their beliefs, but their situation doesn't let them to.

These are what completely ruined the internet, and this place as well. What >>6786567 said also factors in, not sure how much.

>>6786562

That's when neofag died too. Before it was just gamefags-lite. And gamefags is atrocious now.
>>
>>6786493
I can't tell if these are supposed to be awful or not.
>>
>>6786575
>tfw i'm literally one of those fallen normalfags you talked about
i'm sorry, but i just lurk
>>
File: laugh.gif (3MB, 181x144px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.gif
3MB, 181x144px
>>6786574
>a 30 y/o grown man typed out this post
>>
File: 1460063265917.gif (2MB, 426x423px) Image search: [Google]
1460063265917.gif
2MB, 426x423px
>>6786382

It has. I don't understand streamers, I don't understand watching Youtube nerds 90% of the time, don't enjoy most popular games (Most recent was Life is Strange) and the modern games I do end up liking get shit on (Lot of them this year, Doom, Deus Ex, Dishonored). Don't have a Twitter or a Facebook or any social media connection at all except Steam where I'll talk to my gaming buds.

Unfortunately the people who tend to like the same shit I do also get way too worked up over it. I play a hell of a lot of roguelikes but I won't touch /rlg/ with a ten foot pole. Same with most RPGs. The only relatively stable communities I hang out with here fairly often are generals for strategy games, and even those I'm not a daily visitor.

The only upside to being old enough for it to have happened to me is I still have a cadre of gaming buds built up over a few decades. Still a few that play games regularly to talk to, and the youngest of which is young enough to be a weird fuck and watch me play games constantly with Steam streaming. I don't understand anything anymore.
>>
Yeah, and I'm a bit concerned by that. Think of how confused and repulsed I'll be when I'm actually old
>>
>>6786557
But anon rule 1 only applies to raids!
>>
File: 1446611042381.jpg (80KB, 605x519px) Image search: [Google]
1446611042381.jpg
80KB, 605x519px
>The childhood flashback sequence has them playing the DS as young children

Stop
>>
>>6786575
Stop misusing spoilers you pompous attention-whoring retard.
>>
>>6786525
Sorry anon, by being interested in med you're automatically associated with pre-meds, 95% of which are the worst garbage people in existence who believe they can cry their way into med school.
>>
>>6786583

I actually abuse spoilers to avoid people looking for cheap greentexting. Spoilers work well, surprisingly.
>>
File: 1431572697290.jpg (76KB, 470x531px) Image search: [Google]
1431572697290.jpg
76KB, 470x531px
"it" happened to me somewhere around 2009. I'm sick of fucking wojak and pepe and this new variation spawned out of twitter with the "too intelligent" bullshit is seriously getting on my nerves. Why won't people fucking kill these? They've been co-opted, then co-opted back and again and if you consider their age it would be the same as using rage faces as reaction images in 2014. People should be getting publicly crucified as twittards and plebbitors for using these but everyone just goes along with it. At least the weeaboo shits provide some variation with their smug anime girl reaction and ahegao reaction images.

For me, two things crippled 4chan most of all, and those were:
>mfw
and
>tfw
>>
>>6786575
you do realize trolls call you a virgin because you get mad, right? normies dont actively go into weeb porn threads to call you a weirdo virgin, its neet trolls who know how to push your buttons
>>
File: shit eating disappointement.jpg (39KB, 604x365px) Image search: [Google]
shit eating disappointement.jpg
39KB, 604x365px
>>6786519
What? I'm 24 and I got a PS1 when I was 6. I mean, come on.
>>
>>6786586
>For me, two things crippled 4chan most of all, and those were:
>mfw
>tfw

Reactions sucked out the life of everything.
Youtube is a good example.

Hell, Buzzfeed thrives on it, just think about that.
>>
File: 1477114483610.png (48KB, 350x339px) Image search: [Google]
1477114483610.png
48KB, 350x339px
>>6786586
you are correct my man
>>
>>6786587

I was talking about people who follow the medium but don't get it because they were never meant as the target audience. I'll give you a practical example: until few years ago, the usage of used goods, damaged goods and defiled forever when discussing manga, any manga, was nothing to be frowned upon, because to people firmly into the culture it made sense. Try using those words now and see what happens. Women changed this? Fallen normalfags? I don't know, but it's the clear that something went awry.
>>
>>6786591
anime is gay so i have no idea what your talking about

calling someone/something "used goods" as in "someone who has been fucked multiple times" was always an insult and never frowned upon in a raunchier group of people
>>
>>6786586
>People should be getting publicly crucified as twittards and plebbitors for using these but everyone just goes along with it

Fucking this. I remember when 9gag started using the rage face and all that and /v/ went full cold turkey and stopped using them because they were too normie, but for some fucking reason wojack and pepe are immune to this. Why is that? because the normies that use them are right here now instead of out there.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (422KB, 1500x1225px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
422KB, 1500x1225px
>>6786393
>people are starting to consider Linkin Park "classic rock"
Oh god, look at the time, I'm late!
>>
>>6786586
10/10 post and gets worse every fucking year with "rare" edits and shit.
>>
>>6786586
>ahegao reaction images
those are pretty normalfag, my man. edgy 14 year olds think it's funny because "le weird japanese porn xD" and just regurgitate terms like futa and hentai as punchlines
>>
>>6786586
/r9k/ was the absolute battleground of pepe and wojack.

wojack wasn't even named wojack initially until someone made a get thread to name feels guy.

for some reason, smug pepe just crept out of the woodworks and successfully managed to get people mad. Thing is, I think 4chan actually likes pepe and feels guy because they were relatable.

So to keep pepe, /r9k/ went full damage control mode and made poopoopeepee in a desperate attempt to keep normies out. It didn't work.

Now pepe is just a damaged meme, and wojack is the bumbling vice president.
>>
>>6786597
>wojack
Wojack was the name of a sad polish autist that posted >tfw no gf threads evvery fucking day with a crudely drawn sad guy.
That's the origin of the feels guy.
>>
File: crow.png (275KB, 601x552px) Image search: [Google]
crow.png
275KB, 601x552px
>this thread
Holy fuck, my 65 year old dad is less jaded than most of you.
Get off /v/ and go enjoy something.
>>
>>6786598
Forgot to add, this happened in Krautchan /int/
>>
I feel like I've been experiencing "it" for all my life.
>>
>>6786599
You dad is a casual and I bet you posted from a phone. Get the fuck out anon.
>>
>>6786600
Ultimately, as a robot, we didn't call feels guy wojack until after that get thread. If a guy from /int/ is the origin, I'd believe it.
>>
>>6786592

And yet I've seen people, rabid people, defending used goods drawings, unironically. I can tell sarcasm on the internet, and they ain't kidding.

The change felt to me what neofag felt when it changed. A lot here don't believe me because they probably started checking it out when /v/ started abusing quotes, so no longer than four years ago, but I saw it happen live, it all started exactly when "women and tropes" was announced, I don't even understand how it could happen so quickly

>Oh hey some woman is making videos about games for men but not women
>REALLY? I JUST REMEMBERED I'M A FAT TRANNY MARRIED TO A BLACK MAN

Before that, neofag was just full of people acting elitist on weebshit, laughing at NO GAEMS, and filling threads with animated avatars and meme gifs. That's it. You couldn't go "lol nigger xD" but you sure as fuck could talk about tits and asses no problem.

What happened after that is either I got stuck in Alternate Neofag a la Silent Hill, or there was a sudden influx of astroturfing.

>>6786596

A lot of porn memeposting on /v/ is ruggarell, I know because I've got him figured out since 2012 at least, when he was doing this all the time on /a/. A thread with a meaningless gaming question tied to a porn picture or ecchi? It's him. The "characters you would like to sit on your face" thread? Probably him. I'm baffled janitors haven't realized such simple rules.
>>
>>6786599
Yeah, well your dad at least got into a committed relationship and had a son.

His only real burden at this point is knowing that he raised a giant faggot.
>>
>>6786603
I can give you the original filename

ciepla twarz
>>
>>6786599
>telling people what to do with their lifes
>using "my dad X does Y" as an argument unironically
i really hate this knight meme
>>
>>6786596
Ahegao and reaction images at least change because there's a steady stream of anime and porn coming out with lots of smug and ahegao.
>>
2012 when I learned who Pewdiepie was and just didn't get it and then after that LP's dominated gaming channels.

Also was coincedently the year where Machinima was rarely made, flash animation was dying and flash games you'd find free on newgrounds were being sold on steam.
>>
Happened to me when phone games started blowing up.
>>
I really hate the new final fantasy that all the hyper-normies are rock hard over, so apparently "it" has.
>>
>>6786391
>unironically liking linkin park

shits worse that nickleback memeing
>>
Balding? Nah. Still have a full head of hair. Currently 28. If I do I'll just shave my head. I'm decently muscular so I don't have shit to worry about.
>>
File: latest.jpg (3MB, 1507x1920px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
3MB, 1507x1920px
>>6786382
Yeah. I don't like 99% of new games, whereas I used to like everything.

It's better now to pick and choose rare games to focus hours into, or go back to old favorites or backlogged games.
>>
>>6786611
>normies
hello r*ddit
>>
Happened to me when I realized kids are talking like fucking retards today, and theres no point to it.

I was on normiebook, and just magically I started seeing a bunch of people posting shit with YAAAAAAAAASSSS SLAY QUEEEN" all over it, and I have no idea what the fuck it was. Then some women my age started to use it, and I finally googled it, and then I realized it happened to me.
I still think YAASS is one of the dumbest things to exist, it means literally nothing. Just say fuck yes. Why do you need to have a new word every week that shows you are "with it" and "in on the trendz". Don't do this.

It also pisses me off when people use it in their language like they've been saying it their entire life, and not just starting because they saw some fucking 14 year old post it on the social medias and they are too afraid of being their parents.
>>
>>6786442
>30
>havent been excited for a new game since 343 fucked me with odst

I still play most new games and shit I just dont get hype anymore. How can you be close to my age and get hyped when they whole industry is turning into a kike bank in front of our eyes
>>
>>6786616
>normie
aloha reddit
>>
>>6786616
You have to realize this, and it may be hurtful

YAAAS is exactly the same thing as RAWR was to us
>>
>>6786618
>normie is now reddit
I guess its happening again.

>>6786619
RAWR was retarded as fuck too. Only "cute" girls did it to get attention. I'm seeing moms post it now going "YAAAAASSSSSS I love my new nails! SLAY IT SLAY QUEEEN!"
>>
>>6786620
>only "cute" girls
I can't even pretend the girls that did it were cute, they were usually the chubby chicks that nobody was into.
>>
>>6786593
>why is that

because cuckchan is just as mainstream as reddit and 9gag and all that meme shit now.
>>
>>6786621
Notice the "" friend. I meant it was girls who were trying to act cute.

You're right though, it was also those scene girls with major daddie issues, thinking they were cute as fuck because they screamed RAAWWR. Had a girl do it to me back in Highschool, its the most autistic thing imaginable.
>>
>>6786442
>30
>Red Dead 2
>Dragon's Dogma Online/2
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Tales of Berseria

It's funny to be 30. I think kids are more goddamn stupid than me and my peers were at their age.
>>
>>6786442
>18
>NieR: Automata
>Persona 5
>Yooka-Laylee
>>
Cuck
I wish this buzzword died already.
>>
People that use the word "toxic" and are not referring to a substance deserve to be skinned alive.
>>
When I realized at 30 that women my age still act like 16 year old girls, religiously post on FB, cannot hold a conversation for shit because it may divert their attention from their phones, Tinder is the premier dating hookup/slut site.

I overheard a women near my age say, "Where are all the good guys!?"

Maybe they kinda grew the fuck up and realized the women around them their age still acted, dressed and believed they were in HS (with 24/7 FB YAAAS, texting, snapchat etc) so they said 'fuck em' and are doing their own thing, their own shit, without you. Women are practically screaming to guys now, "We're only good for fucking, little else!"
>>
>>6786382
I finally stepped out of 4chan(which was already making me feel old), started going to twitch more often, and interacting with people that had names and faces. That's when I realized people actually say "feels good man" and feels bad man" aloud in real life.

That's when I realized that I'm too old for these shitty memes, and I just don't get them. Why do so many young folk like pepe so much? How did his image and sayings become ingrained in our culture?

You ever think about the phrase "that sucks", or "you suck", or "this sucks". Our culture got used to saying things "suck" to mean they're bad or unfortunate. That's really weird if you think about it. But it feels completely normal and natural to say it myself. it makes me wonder if "feels bad man" is going to have the same lasting power. Oh, and "rekt" is another one fags say aloud. I wish it wasn't like this.
>>
>>6786604
There is literally a thread with a meaningless gaming question and a porn pic right now.
>>
>>6786630

I know, right
>>
File: gallery-share-1464034629372.jpg (50KB, 430x430px) Image search: [Google]
gallery-share-1464034629372.jpg
50KB, 430x430px
>>6786384
not giving a fuck is part of being old. if you start balding before you've stopped caring, I feel really bad for you.
>>
>>6786578
"Stop going on the internet and talking about videogames"

Why?
>>
>>6786631
I see them so often, its strange to think one person is behind em. I miss when we occasionally got to talk about video games and how we enjoyed them.
>>
File: 1471130313663.png (98KB, 421x348px) Image search: [Google]
1471130313663.png
98KB, 421x348px
4chan's greatest enemy was 4chan itself.

I fully believe this site has done more damage than any other social media option combined.

Y'all have this mindset of "we did this" and "our secret club" but in reality everyone is the exact same and has been doing the same for years.

Humans are depressed and superficial, that's just the way it is. We distract ourselves with spicy memes and new trends so we don't have to realize how deep of a hole we're in, and people are starting to see through it.

At this point I don't know whether to pray for us to go extinct or to somehow get better.
>>
>>6786634

Here it's one person, but he's more "subtle". On other boards they get blatant interracial porn threads spam. Ruggarell has worked his craft over the years, so he goes unnoticed, or at least he thinks he does.
>>
>>6786635
This.
4chan destroyed my normal taste.
>>
>>6786635
>I hate myself and my shitty life therefore everyone else must hate their lives and themselves
fuck off robot
>>
>>6786638
Says the /v/ poster in an "It" thread
>>
>>6786639
Ill say it again

>>>/r9k/

fuck off with your 'muh life is so depressing' bullshit and wither step up to life or kill yourself
>>
>>6786557
The problem was that as newfags increased, the fags pretending the highly publicized website 4chan is a secret club got overzealous. Secret club fags put on embarrassing public displays, which didn't serve to scare away the newfags, but only give them a reason to resent the conventions of the site. If you're try too hard, then you're only going to annoy people. It's obnoxious. No one listens then.

If secret club fags would act like human beings, and actually teach the conventions of the site to newfags, then that would have resulted in a healthier userbase. Onlookers would actually understand and respect the conventions of the site, rather than want to tear them down.

So the next time someone asks to be spoonfed, instead of name calling or being super hostile, be level headed and simply tell them to google. If they struggle to find the source, then offer them a tool to find it. Recommend a website to use. Give them the tools they need to be self sufficient.
>>
>>6786635
>>6786640

Yes, but the thing is, no. I said it before, to people I've known first on the internet and then in real life, people with common interests. Not all people are the same, not even if they share 100% interests.

>>6786641

You can't teach people things that aren't already ingrained in them. I said the other day

>You don't become what you are because you come to /v/, you are who you are SO you end up on /v/

But this obviously was partly lost when the floodgates were opened.
>>
>>6786382
99% of /v/ is contemptuous of youth culture. The other 1% is from reddit.
>>
>>6786382
Yeah. 34 and still here, should know better, no idea where to go, the meme proliferation is intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain it. A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the earth, bodies in the street, cities turned to dust. Retaliation.
>>
>>6786382
im 31 when i keep myself cleanly shaven and trimmed up everyone thinks im early 20s. the only thing that gives me away is my disregard of snapchat and taking selfies.
>>
>>6786645
Selfies are going to be looked back upon as the main evidence of the current age of decadence, narcissism used to hold negative connotations, now it's pretty much the opposite.
Don't have facebook? People are probably eyeing you strangely.
>>
>>6786382
I saw a kid take out a tablet in a restaurant when all his parents and grandparents were sitting there.

I went to my seat, looked across the table at my dad, and then back to the kid who was playing candy crush or some shit on his tablet; music turned to maximum, while his grandparents tried desperately to get his attention for ten seconds to talk to him.

At that moment, "it" happened to me. I think my father realized it, too.
>>
>>6786382
When /v/ started unironically having threads on mobile games.
>>
>>6786648

The only mobile threads I've seen were waifushit threads in disguise. A lot of people who posted about those games for cellphones now have moved to either assfaggots or ffxiv.
>>
>>6786646
naw i have a facebook i just dont update very often. i posted a short vid of my dog fervantly digging through snow and trying to eat it. thats it really.
>>
>>6786556
>I'm just participating in the degradation of language IRONICALLY!

Maybe the nazis were being ironic too.
>>
File: 1439758196744.png (23KB, 213x252px) Image search: [Google]
1439758196744.png
23KB, 213x252px
Already happened familia. We live in an age where micro-transactions, and dlc are perfectly fine even by /v/ standards.
>>
>>6786407
"Babe" itself is way too old-fashioned now. No one says it unless they're old or being ironic.
>>
>>6786646
Selfies have pretty much died in popularity, right?

It was the 'in' thing for normies of all ages, but then they just kind of stopped. I'm not sure why. You don't see people in public trying them anymore.

Party pictures now are typically of other people and yourself but only if you're drinking.
>>
>>6786382
No, and I doubt it ever will.
>>
Yes it happened to me I have no idea what half the slang means anymore and I can't stand most of the new music
>>
>>6786651

WW2 was 80 years ago, no one cares anymore.
>>
>>6786557
It's because everybody got old and left.
>>
Think a lot of you guys are confusing being social outcast and "it" happening.
>>
>>6786506
but expecting blacks to properly speak english is racist, anon, are you racist?
>>
>>6786654
Fucking selfie-sticks, how did that ever become a thing?
>>
>>6786658

>your age
>lots of people in their late 20s and early 30s
>they got old and left
>>
File: joo3.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
joo3.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>6786442
>19
>Yakuza Zero(and by extention Kiwami and 6)
>Nioh
>Persona 5

I wish games were more like they were in the N64/PS2 days with lots more secrets and actual gameplay and exploration too. Hell, I dont really buy the realism lots of games go for these days . Seems with most AAA it has to be realistic looking(uncharted 4, doom, any fucking ubosft game in the last year). Most stuff these days all I see is military shooters or stuff with easy combat(sleeping dogs, Batman, assasins creed). Also too many cutscenes, ironic since I love Yakuza and MGS I know but they are entertaining while it seems with modern games they try to jerk your tears. What happened to macho manly men doing manly things or even something more creative? Hell these most new games I play are multiplayer(Overwatch is allright at least). I also dont get mobas, bastardization of the rts genre.
>>
>>6786384

>balding

Why do people even worry about this?

Just shave it all off, get into shape, and grow a beard. You'll look fucking fantastic.
>>
>>6786387
>hear my little cousin repeating "it's lit" over and over
>I'm thinking he browses /lit/
>find out later he's just saying "cool" basically
Well shit
>>
>>6786654
I thought selfies were the entire point of normie apps like Snapchat, Instagram, and the one that deletes your photos (which I assume is only used for dickpics).
>>
>>6786616
>Why do you need to have a new word every week that shows you are "with it" and "in on the trendz". Don't do this.

You realize you are saying this on a site that coined just as many meme words/phrases as facebook, right?

You dumb normie cuck
In case you needed an example.
>>
>>6786534
An online co-op surgery game sounds like it'd be fucking rad. Especially if it were anatomically correct.
>>
>>6786664
The problem with this is I'm 30 and can't grow a proper beard of course luckily I'm not balding yet either
>>
>>6786442
>34
>Overload (Descent)
>GRIP (Rollcage)
>System Shock (Again)
>>
Phoneposters killed OC.
>>
>>6786669

You can get into shape in your 30s. Plenty of dudes in their 40s and even late 50s at my gym.

Granted half of them only do cardio, but they look fit and has energy.
>>
>>6786671
How the Fuck would a phone poster kill OC? Most phone posters post from their PC when at home
>>
>>6786662
Plenty of oldfags are in their 30s now, very few of them still post on /v/. It's true.
>>
File: 1478067394388.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478067394388.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>6786382
No, because I was never with it.
>>
>>6786672
I think he was talking about his beard. If he doesn't have a proper one by 30, he'll never have one. I'm in the same boat: 30 and my beard is the embodiment of mediocrity. At least I look good clean shaven and with stubble.
>>
File: 1464310036600.png (1MB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464310036600.png
1MB, 919x720px
I realized I'm getting older when this board used to call Halo babies first casual fps and now its a classic game that is liked by the majority. And now the same is happening with Cod4
>>
>>6786676

Beard is optional for a good bald look, or any look for that matter. You really just have to look fit and have a good posture.
>>
File: 1356388095228.jpg (46KB, 181x204px) Image search: [Google]
1356388095228.jpg
46KB, 181x204px
>>6786657
That's pretty epic man.
>>
>>6786452
>am I alone

Not really. I mean sure, some of it seems cool but I never cared, just like you.

The only way I find out about some of this shit, is from having every retard here spamming it. Otherwise, my interest is non-existent.
>>
>>6786677

I think people are being ironic about COD4.

But I can see genuine nostalgia for Halo:CE, that was 16 years ago.
>>
>>6786677
That's half people being young and half people being fags that really don't belong here, though.
>>
>>6786678
Beards hide unfortunate jawlines. That's a fact that many men use to their advantage. Being fit and having good posture won't cure face shape.
>>
>>6786474
>Hey KNEECO lez go bowling XD

I know your pain, though with GTA. Damn that was horrible at release.
>>
>>6786493
>Moist Hammer
>Hang around the corner near female enemies
>They go all confused and heat up
>Walk towards them
>Hello there.
>>
>>6786382
Its happening to me, and i am in my mid 20's.
Its mostly because i dont see a point in instagram and snapchat and facebook selfies and to put there every single little thing i am doing.
Also, i dont like going out to clubs. I prefer pubs with live acoustic music or the theater, cinema , park and similar .
But since i am living in a... fairly small, hillbilly town, everybody is about clubbing, and presenting themselves on the net, and because its small, nearly everybody knows everyone. So naturally everybody knows if somebody is not a part of them, so to say, and then, its like you are non existent.
Among other things, i am a lifter and fairly good in shape. I struggle to get a date here in my home town, and i literally got once told:
"He can be the most handsome guy, i still wouldnt date him, because he's nobody when we go to the club..."
Even tho i am earning more then most people in my town, because of my businesses abroad and i am fairly successful in what i am doing.
Ouh yea.. also, i am considered in my town as a slacker, because i'm working from home, and only occasionally traveling abroad "sightseeing" , so that cant be considered a real , "honest to god" job.
I am also not throwing away half of my money for a nice car, i am rather getting my teeth fixed, so i must be nuts.
Among other things, i love to photograph the landscapes of the places i've been, and i got many times criticized to why am i taking pictures where i am not standing in them.
Honestly, if it were not for those travels abroad , and meeting people all over the world, and getting dates and understanding friends through that, i would think that i am an abomination because of these people here.
Shame that i got a nice house here, for which i dont need to pay rent, but that i cannot sell (its my brothers, but he's not living in this country at all), and i need every penny for my plans, so i am staying here for the moment.
But just for a few more months.
>>
I first came here around a decade ago but I have periods where I don't go on 4chan for a year or so at a time and I basically need a translator the first few days whenever I get back. It's just how language works and evolves, only now it's super sped up because everyone is connected and constantly communicating.
>>
>>6786442
>29
>Ace Combat 7
>
>>
>>6786677
I'm only a UT99babby, but COD4 is a really polished shooter. It might have taken most of the genre in a direction you didn't like, but there's no denying it's a well-made game. Hell, I bet if nothing followed in its footsteps, it would be regarded as a forgotten gem on /v/.
>>
File: 26033.png (4KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
26033.png
4KB, 210x230px
>back with ye olde generation of console
>just a box that could play vidya
>didn't give a fuck about being turned on and off
>cut to new generation
>now they're actual computers that starts bitching if you turn them off the wrong way
The hunt for graphics annoys me. The piss poor 4 pro sounds like a fucking jet taking off when playing triple A games.

Keep the graphics simple and focus on good gameplay.
>>
>>6786673
Because threads have a finite lifetime and are inundated with phoneposters before anything can happen, lol.
>>
File: 1344204474031.jpg (26KB, 219x252px) Image search: [Google]
1344204474031.jpg
26KB, 219x252px
>>6786686
>i love to photograph the landscapes of the places i've been, and i got many times criticized to why am i taking pictures where i am not standing in them
Society is over.
>>
>>6786689
Would have preferred the 'genre' went in the direction of FEAR (first only) rather than CoD as far as shooty mechanics go. But console gamepads dictated the industry movement.
>>
>>6786686
As someone from a small town, it sounds like you're from a small town. Can't be that small if you have anything resembling clubs though. Honestly though, man.

>"He can be the most handsome guy, i still wouldnt date him, because he's nobody when we go to the club..."
He's no fuuuuuuuun. I wanna go to the cluuuuub and daaaaaaance my cares away!

There's no accounting for taste, but as for me, I ignore people with that personality. You sound like you've got a lot of great things going for you and you're surrounded by shitkickers who wouldn't recognize great things if they were staring them in the face. I used to be acquainted with plenty of these people. Recognize that they're losers and don't sweat it.
>>
>>6786691
XD
>>
>>6786686
Honestly, it just sounds like you're a complete autist. Maybe a lead losenge would help you with that.
>>
File: 1452031291664.jpg (31KB, 199x399px) Image search: [Google]
1452031291664.jpg
31KB, 199x399px
>>6786388
>Shittalking Halo

What are you, Movie Bob?
>>
>>6786669
men age like fine wine, you think you have it bad? it can ONLY go down hill for a women in your shoes
>>
File: 1481787957677.png (25KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1481787957677.png
25KB, 655x509px
>>6786652
>>6786652
>micro-transactions, and dlc are perfectly fine even by /v/ standards.

time to die
>>
>>6786683
>Being fit and having good posture won't cure face shape

Not necessarily, but it helps. Having less fat on your face makes it look more defined.

Unless you're ugly, then you're just a more defined form of ugly.
>>
tfw no gf
>>
>>6786690
PSP was the sweetest middle ground, to me. As much as I like the idea of a completely dedicated game machine, online storefronts are a huge boon.
>>
Since like 5th grade
>>
File: 1479064350704.jpg (22KB, 413x214px) Image search: [Google]
1479064350704.jpg
22KB, 413x214px
>>6786691
To be fair, threads on 4chan's big boards have always moved fast.

>>6786700
>Having less fat on your face makes it look more defined.
That is true. I guess I was assuming no one on /v/ is overweight. Of course, beards don't hide fat either.
>>
>>6786698
nah dude, a 40 year old woman can still get a partner easier than a 40year old man. they never lose that advantage.
>>
>>6786705
you forget that the man the 40 year old women gets is a fit man that has taken good care of himself. basically how you should be after a couple of decades of living
>>
>>6786694
well, in my shitty little town there are literally only clubs, hair saloons and gambling houses... AND ironically.. churches.
i have to go to the nearest city if i want to go out to a pub, theater or basically anywhere else.
Thank you for your support, i am aware of that, especially when i go to a nicer city.. Even tho in the big cities, people are also mostly like here, there is also an overwhelming number of people who are cool: Thanks to them i didnt lose my shit.
Hope you get out of your town too.

>>6786696
you think so ? why is that i wonder?
>>
File: 1208216513840[1].jpg (67KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1208216513840[1].jpg
67KB, 500x522px
it happened for me when people here started shitting on hl2 at every opportunity. It seems generic now but only because it was such a massively unique and influential game at the time, and there's not really any way to adequately substantiate that. It's just an era of games you had to have lived through to understand its importance
>>
>>6786506
what you're talking about is called slang not ebonics
>>
>>6786506
SENPAI is short for familia
woke means consciousness or aware
lit means cool
fleek means top of the line
>>
>>6786674
And what do they do?
>>
>>6786382

Yep

I'm 22 now and nothing has changed in my life since I was 17.

Its a depressing reality
>>
At least swag is gone
>>
Do people who refer to things as being "aesthetic" realize that that's not how the word is used?
>>
>>6786710
>senpai is short for familia

I want cross posters to leave and never return
>>
>>6786712
>22
>not even fully a legal adult yet

Fuck off
>>
File: 1450770649885.png (167KB, 384x258px) Image search: [Google]
1450770649885.png
167KB, 384x258px
>>6786710
>SENPAI is short for familia
>>
>>6786710
>SENPAI is short for familia
kill yourself
>>
>>6786716

I'm not in america where you need to be 30 years old to be an adult
>>
>>6786479
I 5hink of Carl from Llama With Hats on yt.
>>
>>6786710
baka desu senpai
>>
>>6786593
>but for some fucking reason wojack and pepe are immune to this. Why is that?
because they're literally ICONIC now
>>
>>6786710
hello newfag
>>
>>6786455
>certain colorful horse show.
what google came up with nothing
>>
>>6786384
Started balding recently too, but my dad and older brother have gone through it and they both manage to pull the look off well so I'm not too worried. Gotta lose some weight though.
>>
File: 1481862896920.jpg (1MB, 2700x3450px) Image search: [Google]
1481862896920.jpg
1MB, 2700x3450px
>>6786382
No because I understand slang that I've never heard before through context of how it's spoken and have been doing this since I was 5.

I casually expose myself to various parts of pop culture.

For the most part I was never "with it" even in high school and have always been doing what I do which is not giving a fuck about trendy shit.
>>
>>6786708
>HL2 is generic
Compared to what? Modern shooters? Pffft
>>
>>6786497
>>6786502
its not a meme its a dance move
>>
File: donshave.png (285KB, 476x530px) Image search: [Google]
donshave.png
285KB, 476x530px
>tfw you reach an age where you now see many people younger than you who are infinitely more successful than you
>tfw college dropout working at a local pizza place
>tfw same age as Palmer Luckey and his net worth is $700 million
>>
>>6786388
Halo's an alright game, it's just that the writing took a massive nosedive in 4 to the point where it's distractingly bad. I've heard 5 is worse but I dread to think it.
>>
>>6786729
Don't worry. At every age of your life, from birth until death, there will always be someone astronomically more successful than you.
>>
how come everyone says desu these days. this isn't /b/
>>
MODS = ÇUCKS
>>
>>6787022
damn
>>
File: 7e9da5e810e4627dd1b846c4f0461ae7.jpg (462KB, 785x1050px) Image search: [Google]
7e9da5e810e4627dd1b846c4f0461ae7.jpg
462KB, 785x1050px
Welcome to trash /v/
>>
File: 1479366802098.png (202KB, 1280x694px) Image search: [Google]
1479366802098.png
202KB, 1280x694px
>>6787066
All things considered, it was probably for the best
>>
File: 1747063 - Mirai Senran_Kagura.jpg (354KB, 850x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1747063 - Mirai Senran_Kagura.jpg
354KB, 850x1133px
>>6787022
>not vidya 400 replies gets removed

Gee I wonder

Now stfu and combat the degenerate porn with vidya girls
>>
this was vidya related you fucks
>>
>>6786729
>autism tiny mouseyboy best friend geek worked at a hard ass factory for 4 years
>80k saved up
>just told me he bought his own trailer for 24k
>doing better than me and half my class

I'm really proud of him
I've $0 but at least just got a decent $15 hr job
>>
File: 25.jpg (411KB, 1200x1733px) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
411KB, 1200x1733px
At least I can post whatever I want here.
Thread posts: 359
Thread images: 63

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.