[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel General: Girly Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 45

File: menamirite.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
menamirite.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Marvel Legends A-Series Heroines 6 Pack sold out in 2 hours on TRU. Hela, Moon Knight & Ares shooting up on the most wanted list. Check this week if your stores still haven't received the Netflix or Spiderman waves.

OLD THREAD
>>6472998
>>
Any ideas when the next GotG Figuarts will be shown off? Keen for Drax and Gamora at the least
>>
I bought a Black Ant on clearance at walgreens.
He's actually pretty solid, aside from a case of the giraffe neck, and he could've come with some kind of accessory, especially as a figure without a BAF piece.

One step closer to the full HydrAvengers roster, I guess.
>>
>>6479363
No way of knowing. They may never do any more.
Us Star Wars collectors have been on edge for months, you just gotta wait it out.
>>
Anyone who has Netflix DD, how's the QC on him, joint-wise? The last few Legends I've gotten (Vulture wave mostly) have been pretty good, but the feet/ankle on both movie Spidey's and Cosmic was a bit weak to the point of making some posing a bit difficult. Anything to look out for with Netflix DD?
>>
>>6479444
Haven't heard anything worse than run of the mill stuff joints
>>
>>6479452
I've been checking out a few reviews, video and otherwise, and he looks pretty sturdy for the most part. I'd rather have stiff joints than loose ones, so that's nice.
>>
>>6479190
Shit, I can't believe Netflix and Spidey waves are coming in already. I literally didn't see the entire X-Men wave at all, and only little trickles of GOTG2 wave 2. Fuck my area and all its many scalpers.
>>
>>6479468

The Homecoming wave has been in stores for months, man. The Netflix wave has only really hit in the past week or two, along with the Ragnarok wave.
>>
>>6479471
Months? Are you fucking serious? Well, there's another wave I've never seen and probably never will see. The fucked up thing is, I don't even see the pegwarmer types...not even a stray Tombstone or Beetle to give me hope.
>>
>>6479476

Yeah, the first one from that wave I got was Tombstone and that was in June.
>>
>>6479476

The movie has been out for going on a month and a half now, and the figures came out before that for sure.

Distribution is just so shit sometimes, and stores don't clearance stuff out fast enough...peg warmers tend to accumulate and rot on the pegs, so some whole waves seem to get passed by.

When Winter Soldier came out, I think it was almost year before the Target nearest my old place got a restock of figures, there were so many peg warmers from that wave there.
>>
>>6479476
I've literally only ever seen Beetle, and usually just one or two at that.
>>
>>6479471
>>6479476
Canadian here, still never seen the homecoming wave, but I've already seen the Thor wave.
>>
>>6479526
Where in Canada?
>>
>>6479444
DD has pretty standard joints. No issues on mine.
>>
>>6479444

I don't hamhand my figures in any way, but the ankle swivel on my DD broke. It was stuck right out of the box, so I heated it with a hair dryer and tried to ease the joint into rotating. It ended up just breaking the foot off completely.

Also, one of the shoulder hinges wasn't aligned properly, so whenever I tried to move the arm up, the plastic on the shoulder got chewed up by the torso.
>>
>>6479541
West Coast, in the lower fraser valley in a walmart. They had the whole wave except for Ares and Hela last week, but now they only have Loki.

Other than that, they have one ultimate spider-woman (they have never gotten a single Spidey wave after that), and a ton of giant man figures. I saw a falcon too.
>>
>>6478673
> “And now they’ve just released it, so… I guess they just thought, ‘You know what, we don’t need his approval.’
Welcome to licensing your likeness away when signing up for a major movie.
>>
>>6479557
Pro-tip: NEVER twist a stuck joint. Even when testing it, or after you've heated it. Never. You rock it back and forth in your thumb and index finger in the same type of hand motion that you'd use to start your car's ignition, putting pressure against the shaft of the joint without rotation. No twisting, just jostling.

You 100% hamhanded it, no question.
>>
Human Torch in US Walgreens when?
>>
>>6479601
>rock it back and forth in your thumb and index finger in the same type of hand motion that you'd use to start your car's ignition

Care to make a video version of that hamhanded attempt at a text-based instruction?
>>
Heads up, if you're after the Star Lord and Ego 2 pack still, Target got them in this morning here in Edmond.
>>
>>6479601
>Never twist a stuck joint
Learned that the hard way. Ripped of my Green Ranger's hand and destroyed the ball joint. Now I'm trying to find a way to fix it. I have two but I wanted on in box.
>>
File: p4aK1IO.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
p4aK1IO.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
At this point, I at least have more of the figures that I want than the ones I want and don't have.
>>
>>6479745
Maybe when you're old enough to get a learner's permit and mom starts giving you driving lessons, a description of starting a car's ignition will make sense.
>>
>>6480031
ML has gone nuts the last couple of years. More and more characters that I've gotten to replace the Toybiz figures, more updates I wanted, more characters I never thought I'd see. It's wonderful.
>>
>>6480094

I agree. My only real complaint is that Hasbro's BAFs for the most part would've been single card releases under Toybiz, but Toybiz would've put some fucking action feature on Space Venom, and that's much a worse alternative.

Toybiz would also release just as many versions of Spider-man as Hasbro, but they'd all be trash like "Super Arctic Water Blast Spidey" or "Super-Posable" alongside "Zipline" or whatever. Hasbro is at least doing shit like the Ben Reilly/Spider-Carnage figure or creating a new body size for Miles Morales.
>>
Any news on a gwenpoole figure?
>>
>>6480107
>Toybiz would also release just as many versions of Spider-man as Hasbro, but they'd all be trash like "Super Arctic Water Blast Spidey" or "Super-Posable" alongside "Zipline" or whatever

Well, to be fair, that was just kind of how many toylines were in the 90s/really early 2000s.
>>
>>6480110

She's in Lizard wave.
I really hope she has an alt unmasked head, or that she just comes with weapons instead of a BAF piece so I don't have to buy her at all.
>>
>>6480107

Its hard to say toybiz would never do what hasbro is doing with BAFs. The really selling point to retailers for BAFs is people want to complete it so the whole wave sells. Toybiz and hasbro were smart to implement them. Toybiz did most of the big guys, doing more obscure big guys doesn't sell a wave.

Though I do think toybiz would have done build-a-this or that. They had ideas for quinjet, blackbird, danger room. All this stuff would be way cool. I think we'd have seen stuff like that in waves, but still things like Gladiator Hulk as a BAF, because they want these things to sell.
>>
>>6480123

I just meant BAFs like Rhino, Sandman, etc.
Those are on par with the size of many of Toybiz's single release MLs or Spider-Man/Fantastic 4/Hulk Classics.

There were standard Toybiz ML releases of Abomination and Hulkbuster, for example. Basically every figure in the Hulk Classics line would be a BAF under Hasbro, as well.
>>
>>6480132
toy viz also release a some regular size bafs like onslaugth, mojo, modok
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-13-15-33-08.png (679KB, 717x709px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-13-15-33-08.png
679KB, 717x709px
So anons, I think I did alright. I picked this guy up for $80 despite the price tag.
My local comic place was having this huge street fair and - while usually they just have the used figs and normally priced stuff out - they seemed to have brought out all the good shit. Everything from Fing Fang Foom to all sorts of two-packs and exclusives. Shit was wild.
Already had two figs in my hands when I spotted this bad boy, what I think might be one of only a few hundred in my state let alone in the same city. So I grabbed him up and they gave me a discount for picking up another figure.

Sadly when I opened it though, the inner ab-joint was a bit stuck leaning on the right side (which was fixed in a few seconds with some warm water) and the right ear appeared to be botched (whether it be from the plastic being contained so long in packaging or whether it was just the molding that it came in fucking up).
>>
>>6480163
>I picked this guy up for $80 despite the price tag
Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>6480163
idk, my dude. I don't give a shit about the X-men, but if I wanted a wolverine, I'd just wait a few months until they did a new one
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-13-15-33-29.png (1MB, 1098x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-13-15-33-29.png
1MB, 1098x1080px
>>6480163
So here's what the ear looked like for a bit.
I cut the weird chunks of plastic off with an x-acto knife and sanded, re-painted it and voila.
I think it looks alright. Definitely not worth the $110 they put it out for, but I'm glad I got a deal on it anyway.
Luckily the quality of the plastic doesn't feel cheap (aside from the early-hasbro wolverine claws) and he gets in pretty much all the poses I need him to.
Honestly, if I had to again, I'd just wait until he's announced with a future wave (here's hoping a new tiger-stripe wolverine is coming in the Apocalypse wave.)
If he is, I'll probably toss him up in the BST thread or eBay. Otherwise, fantastic figure, if you can find him cheap, get him cheap. the QC issues are with this dude were complete bullshit and I was half tempted to go back up there and complain.
>>
>>6480167
>Hahahahahahaha
Yeah, tell me about it. I honestly would have had better luck on fucking eBay.
I guess I was just enamored with seeing it in person and sperged out.
>>
>>6480163
>>6480175
I'm not an MIB collector, but even I realize how dumb it is to buy an overpriced figure with an impending newer release and not keep it in the box. The only value it's going to have in a few months is the fact that moronic completists still want it for their display dungeons. That's literally the only market that is looking for it at this point, and you fucked that up.
>>
>>6480031
>all those spideys but no Silk

What the fugg
>>
>>6480187

Silk is coming in the mail soon.
I haven't been a regular reader of any Spidey stuff since The Other, but I finished Spider-Verse a few weeks ago.

I was more focused on getting characters I knew of at first.
>>
>>6479476
i feel your pain anon i hardly saw anything from the homecoming line first time a saw almost the whole wave was at some random Walmart across the city and after that it been nothing had to get moonknight from a convention ironcally been except for ares i seen the entire thor wave
>>
>>6480185
Well that's the thing, despite the Apocalypse announcement, there could be no Wolverine release for that wave at all or X-23.
>>
>>6480175
Looks good.
I bet you couldn't tell at all from more than a foot away. Nice work.
>>
>>6480118
I cant find any pick.
Does Hot Toys not work with marvel anymore?
>>
>>6480282
X-23 is in the deadpool wave.

>>6480307
>I cant find any pick.
>>
>>6480312
By X-23 I meant the femWolverine version. Sorry
>>
>>6480312
man this thing look so fucking weird
>>
>>6480312
im gonna buy this, take the phone piece and then return it to the store.
>>
>>6480312
He mouth looks like it's for sucking dick. And I don't mean that in a good way.
>>
>>6480337

Really, in figure form, and when drawn in non-Guri art, Gwenpoole looks like some kind of S&M/Latex fetishist.
>>
>>6480340
What's wrong with being into/wearing latex? :/
>>
>>6480353

Well, nothing, to be fair.

But its a weird 180 when Gwen looks like some cutesy little...Uh, I don't even know how old she's supposed to be. Late teens? 20? And shes like this cute, dainty little girl.

Meanwhile, when shes drawn/depicted outside of her book, she looks like a 37 year old chain-smoking tranny Dom in a latex mask who probably likes to put out lit cigarettes on your ballsack.
>>
Battle for Asgard and Daredevil SDCC are going up for preorder tomorrow.

Anybody know what time?
>>
>>6480191
Where did you get her from, anon, if you don't my asking?
>>
>>6480415

Amazon, 35 bucks and free shipping.
>>
>>6480416
>paid more than retail for a hasbro figure
>>
>>6480429
Yes, because there's an abundance of Space Venom wave figures still warming pegs nationwide.
>>
>>6480430
what the hell was up whit that wave? did hasbro even distrubute it?
>>
>>6480434

It's because half the Absorbing Man wave (and Misty Knight from the Rhino wave) were still on shelves most places, so they didn't reorder when the next spider-man series came out.
>>
I only saw Silk at retail once, and didn't get her because the paint was all scratched up on her tits.

Truly unfortunate.
>>
File: dLfPsSw.png (346KB, 786x438px) Image search: [Google]
dLfPsSw.png
346KB, 786x438px
>>6480430
>uses pegs as argument for scarcity
>orders off of amazon where it was $17 for months on end
>>
>>6480438

When was it 17 dollars?
I've been watching the price for months.
>>
File: Thingy.jpg (257KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Thingy.jpg
257KB, 1000x1600px
Really liking Man-Thing.
>>
>>6480434
>>6480434

My Walmart and Target had it for months.

It just depends on what area you live in.

The Civil War wave was extremely rare in my area yet in others it was abundant.

The real problem is that Hasbro is releasing the wave too close together to each other. It makes zero sense to release the Thor wave now when the Vulture wave just got released a month earlier plus Thor 3 doesn't even get released for months.
>>
>>6480444

The Vulture wave has been out since at least June.
>>
>>6480444

Don't forget the Netflix wave.
>>
>>6480445

Thanks for the correction calendar police.

The point I made is still relevant.

>>6480446

Exactly.

There's no real reason to keep stacking the waves like they are.
>>
>>6480454
They've been releasing the semi-movie themed waves months ahead of the movie since the ASM2 wave. That shit made everyone think Ultimate Green Goblin would be the version of the goblin in the movie for a long ass time.
>>
>>6480444
people always say this whenever people say "I never saw it in stores" and it's always so helpful when someone says "lol I still see like 3 agent venoms when I go to a walgreens, ur life sucks"
>>
File: schlock.jpg (153KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
schlock.jpg
153KB, 1050x591px
Had you guys seen those Schliech Marvel figurines?
>>
File: shclock.jpg (146KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
shclock.jpg
146KB, 1050x591px
>>6480466
The Venom looks pretty nice.
>>
Goddamn, Hasbro has yet to make a good Thor or Hulk.
I currently have the Toybiz first appearance Hulk on display (great figure but it kinda sticks out) and no Thor on display. I have the Odin wave Thor but it's shit.
Good Thor and Hulk WHEN?!
Also Giant Man please. I have the SDCC one but it's not very good.
>>
>>6480466
Waiting to see if they do a Wolvie.
>>
>>6480385
In previous years it like 10am Eastern US.
>>
>>6480481
I like Hasbro but goddamn they haven't made a Thor/Hulk/Iron Man/Cap that I'm happy with.
>>
>>6480503
The Cap they released broke my heart. We're probably a decade away from getting another go at him in true classic form if history is an indicator. The best we have to look forward to is the vintage package re-release with the shitty painted on scales.

Fucking Captain America gets the painted naked body treatment, but lol let's make a shit ton of C and D listers have unique sculpts! These Dazzler bellbottoms and roller skates are a MUCH better investment for new tooling!
>>
9/10 figure imo
>>
where can I get weapons for my walgreens punisher?
>>
>>6480538
Casting cave

True Heroes
>>
>>6480536
I was worried about the hip joints, but they are pretty solid. All the weapons help too.
>>
>>6480503
I like NOW! Cap
>>
>>6480434
I've never even seen a trace of that wave in my state, and we've gotten pretty much all of them recently
>>
>>6480575
He's my go to Cap but with the unmasked movie head. I like the MCU Caps but they're a little on the small side.
>>
File: image.jpg (519KB, 1250x1895px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
519KB, 1250x1895px
Warlock is a pretty cool figure, definitely worth tracking down the wave for.

Except for Polaris, who definitely ended up being the budget cut of the wave and is kind of crap because of it.
>>
>>6480540
sweet, now all I need is one of those nick fury leg holsters
>>
So far I've got the entire Netflix wave and the figure I was looking forward to the most , Blade is the worst looking figure in the line minus Electra's boring ass. I'm super upset about Blade.
>>
>>6480622
What's wrong with her? Was thinking of pciking her up now that they're on sale at Walmart
>>
>>6480654
Mine is riddled with all sorts of QC issues.
>Bobblehead
>that awful midriff skin paint every one has a problem with
>one kee incredibly loose while ankles are completely fused
>Perhaps some of the worst nub/mold marks I've ever seen on a Marvel Legends
Was hoping to like her to some degree, but she definitely was even more disappointing than I would have thought. Tried price matching with TRU and they weren't able to, so I said "screw it" since I had the rest of the wave that day too.

She's worth Walmart clearance though, especially if your finishing the BAF, maybe you'll get a better one than I.But otherwise I'd say pass.
>>
>>6480641
What's wrong with it though?
I've been on the fence about getting it, but wanted more info.
Is it QC issue or is the figure just lacking as a whole?
>>
>>6480681
Blade has ass problems and he has this weird stance which makes him not really stand up real straight.

I don't agree with him with Elektra though the figure is great aside from the beefy arms.
>>
>>6480681
ill admit that I think its an expectation issue. i was definitely wanting a snipes blade but i got my least favorite comic blade. And as annoying as he is shartimus prime's review of blade is pretty much how i feel about it.
>>
>>6480681
lazy alt head
>>
>>6480681

Blade is lame, overall. Stiff yet wobbly, and not as many accessories as he should have, no guns or crossbow or anything besides the katana that's gonna be bent in the box half the time. Plus the alt head without the stupid shaved head pattern is so much better that the standard head might as well not even be there, and the hair is the only difference between them anyway. Plus is outfit is boring. They could've reused the Nick Fury/Red Skull trench coat, they could've given him a more slick looking tactical suit. Had I known how lame he'd be, I would've waited 4 months to get him for 12 dollars clearance somewhere.

He'd be the worst figure in the wave if Jessica's face didn't look like garbo 95% of the time.

They got Elodie Yung's Elektra and Joe Bernthal's Punisher spot on as fuck, and Elektra doesn't even have the same bland facial expression as the Gamora and Nebula super good likenesses, which ruins those figures for me. Elektra has a sort of determination on her face, which is slight, but still makes a big difference.

I think the actress having a more naturally angular face might've helped where Jessica Jones was hurt, but idk, all the other recent likenesses Hasbro has done have be great. I've never seen a Jessica figure with a good face ad even in promo pictures she looks meh.

Bullseye is somewhat needlessly good, I suspect they made him a while ago but whatever release he was going to get fell through so Hasbro sat on him until this wave, because he's got so much more shit going on.

Punisher is good if you want more weapons (specifically 2) and more Frank. Daredevil seems to have about 1/3 the pegwarming power of his yellow forefather at walgreens, in my experience.
>>
SDCC Thor Set on HasbroToyShop in 2 hours?
>>
How's the Thanos wave Spider-Woman?
>>
>>6480845
great, the hair is a little bit hard but is ok
>>
>>6480846
Great, thanks.
>>
>>6480845
She's pretty neat, I picked her over Hellcat and don't feel like I made the wrong choice. Be careful with the paint though if you intend on getting her, as I remember a bunch having a bit of a gloppy appliance on lots of the body, while her stomach was a bit thin on it in most cases.
>>
SDCC Lady Thor or Gladiator Hulk Wave Lady Thor?
>>
>>6480891
Is there an actual difference?
In the past there's usually only been slight coloring differences between single figures and box set ones, and sometimes not even that.
>>
Found a pic. Still can't decide though...
>>
>>6480891
I'd say Hulk Wave if you're collecting the whole set for Hulk and only because that means it's cheaper/readily available. That said, from what I've seen, the SDCC version has a more accurate paint job to most artworks of Lady Thor. It not really major (it's just a difference in color with her skirt/dress) but that's about it.
>>
>>6480031
as much as i love spidey's villains, and they are the ones I know the most about, It would be nice to get some non spidey villains.
>>
>>6480897
>tfw my sdcc lady thor doesnt have the gold on her helmet

Shit sucks.
>>
>>6480900
Despite it being "leaked" numorous times that he could be single carded or a baf we still didn't get Executioner in the Thor wave and now there's no sign of one in the future
I'd also suck a dick for any version of Crimson Dynamo so I can complete my EMH Masters of Evil
>>
>>6480945

Wasn't there a 6 inch Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man in the Iron Man 2 line?
>>
File: im2c_6cd1.jpg (52KB, 250x475px) Image search: [Google]
im2c_6cd1.jpg
52KB, 250x475px
>>6480945
Here's one

http://www.ecrater.com/p/18142903/marvel-studios-iron-man-armored?keywords=crimson+dynamo
>>
>>6480961
$35. Go for it dude.
>>
SDCC Battle of Asgard is all sold out and the only thing going live is the Daredevil exclusive.
>>
>>6481024
What is the daredevil exclusive?
>>
>>6481024
They said they were going up on the 14th. Does Hasbro go by Eastern or Pacific time?
>>
>>6481026
That'd be this set, it's one of the 12 inch figures.

It sucks because it's probably the only 12 inch figure I've actually really wanted. I hope it gets another, normal release somehow, be it with fewer accessories, a more normal box, or the yellow (or any) outfit.
>>
>>6479601
Did I say twist? No, but what I did say was rotate.
The Netflix DD figure has both an ankle rocker and ankle swivel.
What got stuck was the swivel which only rotates on a single axis. How else would I move the joint?
>>
>>6479601
>>6479745
Also, I second this guy. Your instructions are unclear bordering retarded.
>>
>>6481043
>bordering retarded
Says the guy who autismed his way to a broken figure.
>>
What is the next best Gamora that isn't the sideshow version?
>>
>>6481051
statue?
>>
>>6481055
sure.
>>
File: may162406__28903.1467331157.jpg (35KB, 486x951px) Image search: [Google]
may162406__28903.1467331157.jpg
35KB, 486x951px
?
>>
>>6480842
2 hours? It won't go up till like, noonish or later.
>>
>>6481151
Pacific or Eastern time?
>>
>>6481024
>SDCC Battle of Asgard is all sold out

Hasbro always has at the very least a small amount held for the after SDCC sale. Hasbro learned their lesson after the X-Force pack years ago when the set did practically sell out at SDCC and they only had about 500 for the after sale. They've dramatically increased the production numbers on the exclusives for the last few years.

>>6481151
>noonish or later.

It's all random. Last year they went up in the morning and in previous years they've gone on sale as late as supper time. You just have to keep checking. Last year the Raft set lasted for about an hour.
>>
>>6481024
What the heck? They just put that up?
>>
>>6481261

It's not sold out. All the SDCC listings have said "Sold Out" since before the convention started. It's just a placeholder until the items go live.

Don't believe this bullshit.
>>
I wonder if Sony's dumbass second attempt at a spider-man universe (this time without even using spider-man) will get it's own wave next year.

They're trying to get Venom: Carnage out in like October and they want to get """"Black & Silver"""" out a few months later.

If nothing else, I hope we can at least get a Silver Sable ML out of this before it crashes and burns like ASM2.
>>
>>6481236
I'm just wondering why there's no listing for Grand Admiral Thrawn.
>>
>>6481298
The star wars exclusives are being held back for an even later date (after another con or something I think).
>>
As a canadian, should i try to get these on hts or should i just try at fan expo
>>
>>6481298
>no listing for Grand Admiral Thrawn

The Star Wars stuff is going up after the Hasbro Con next month. Hasbro made extras of the SDCC stuff for the Hascon.

It was actually listed on HTS during SDCC but Hasbro pulled it a few days later.
>>
>>6481294
>it's own wave next year.

If it's considered part of the MCU then probably but from the initial reports it sounds like these Spidey spin-off movies are not in the MCU.

>Silver Sable
I find it odd that we haven't gotten her yet. Considering how easy it would be to do her with the existing tooling, it's a no-brainer and probably a cheap figure for Hasbro to do.
>>
>>6481314
It's not part of the MCU.
But the last Sony Spider-Man movie was ASM2 and that got it's own ML wave, running right alongside the MCU ones.

So far the only characters confirmed for the movie are Eddie, Cletus, and Ann Weying. So if that movie gets its own wave we could get a She-Venom, or maybe they'll stack the deck and put out like 6 or 7 symbiotes.

Lasher is in the Lizard wave, so they're willing to do the 90s Seperation Anxiety shit. This movie would be a perfect time to make female symbiote claws which they could then use on plain bodies with unique-ish heads and put out Scream and Agony.
>>
>>6481305
I hope Fan Expo has the Thor set. I got the Thanos Imperative set there but they didn't have the Dr. Strange one. Didn't go last year so I don't know if they got the Raft set.
>>
>>6481320

Was it a case of just not stocking it or did it sell out

I figure that after conversion and shipping it will be around the same price as a fan expo ticket for the day because I would literally just be going for the exclusives
>>
>>6481308
Is that so? Hm.
>>
>>6481324
I don't think the Dr. Strange box set was stocked unless they sold out on Thursday/Friday.
>>
So wait, I'm sort of new to all this, hasbro is going to sell the SDCC Daredevil on their website today?
>>
>>6481367

Yes. There's no set time though for it to go up.

You just have to keep checking the website all day long till it goes up.
>>
>>6481367
Any left over sets they have from the Con they sell on HST. I'm not really interested in the Thor set but I may get DD. He looks pretty awesome, And I don't really even like the 12in figures. Not sure anyone does. My local Target has had Black Suit Spidey on the shelves for like 2 months and no one's even purchased one of them.
>>
>>6481376
>>6481377

12 inch figures aren't my thing but I know someone it would make a great gift for. Do I need to watch it like a hawk or is there some leeway on these things? I guess it depends on how in demand it is.
>>
>>6481367
>>6481376
I recommend using the CheckForChange Firefox extension. You highlight text on a page, in this case the "Out of Stock" text and set the interval for how often you want the page to refresh. It will check for that text to change each refresh and give you an audible alert. I have it set up for DD right now.
>>
>>6481388
Oh, that's pretty cool. I'm at work right now so I can't but that will for sure come in handy later. Thanks for the tip!
>>
>>6481387
You gotta watch it like a hawk.
>>
File: IMG_7556.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7556.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I found Thor the other day. The also had Loki and the other two thors in the wave but only got Thor.
>>
>>6481445
Loki and the various Thors seem to be the pegwarmers of the wave, I see those almost every time.
>>
>>6481446
This is my first Thor figure and I'm considering getting the female Thor so I can give this guy Miljoner.
>>
Daredevil is listed in stock, no option to purchase yet.
>>
SDCC exclusives are up!
>>
>>6481531
Got to add from search page not item page
>>
>>6481532
This guys has it you need to get them from the search page. Individual pages have no add to cart option.
>>
>>6481538

Glad to have a relatively trouble-free ordering experience this year. I remember the Vishanti set being a real pain.
>>
Ok I got DD, I am kinda tempted to get the Thor set but idk, I don't really want any of them except maybe Odinson
>>
I feel like after taxes and shipping I could have gotten that daredevil cheaper on eBay.
>>
>>6479190
With this Sdcc debacle I'm starting not to feel bad for obeying malekith and ulik for $30. I could live without the rest
>>
>>6481531
was hoping to see the sw stuff up there (I know this is the Marvel Gen, but this is the first time i'm hearing about this).

There's nothing there I want. Guess I get to save my money.
>>
>>6481563
See
>>6481308
>>
>>6481531
What? They now put em up nearly a month after the con has ended? It used to be the immediate Tuesday after or a week after.
>>
Got a DD, but he ended up being close to $80 with taxes and shipping. I guess the promo advertised on the front page of HTS doesn't work? (SHIPAUG17)
>>
>>6481590
Didn't work for me either. It was a bit pricey after taxes and everything.

I'm surprised everything is still up, I figured that' Thor set would be gone quick.
>>
>>6481590

It doesn't apply on exclusives
>>
>>6481590
>>6481593
>>6481594

Yeah I noticed the same thing checking out. Kind of lame.
>>
>>6481377
I blame the $60 price tag for Symbiote Spidey languishing on shelves. This after Target had just gone through a wave a Deadpools at $50.
>>
>>6481494
If you do, mind taking a few pictures? I'm curious to see if she's got the same hammer as the Thor in the All-Father wave, as I'd probably give that Thor's hammer to movie Thor if I manage to find him.
>>
>>6481606
I forget which review I saw it in, but yeah it is the same hammer.
>>
File: greenmile.jpg (122KB, 576x325px) Image search: [Google]
greenmile.jpg
122KB, 576x325px
>tfw everyone else has gotten their Gotg2 and spider-man HC waves and you ordered yours from a LCS and they still haven't come in.
>>
>>6481446
>pegwarmers
>wave just came out

They're both at 2 and the movie is still months away and we're already calling them pegwarmers?
>>
I've only seen one Moon Knight and it was at a comic shop about an hour away from me. They wanted $35 for it... am I SOL if I'm still waiting to find it at retail?
>>
Alright, just scored Elektra and Punisher at Walgreens
Last time I was at the Walgreen 5 minutes from my house they had like 5 empty spots. Today they filled those empty spots with 3 invisible women, Punisher and Elektra.

So it seems like they got the rest of the wave in the backroom, ill go back every other day for them to fill out the empty spaces. Theyre pretty good with that there.
>>
>>6481679
Nice the walgreens by me has the half of the Absorbing Man wave I don't have but don't care to get. They also have a few X-Men and a few Namors still. They had Punisher for a while but I passed on that version. Another one not too far from me has like 15 Invisible Women, so I snagged the best one they had. Haven't seen the Netflix or Ragnarok waves yet.
>>
>>6481654
Yes
>>
>>6481654
Same thing happening with a shop near me, they have a bunch going for 35 as well. Are you talking about Larger than Life?
>>
>>6481654
>>6481727

I'd prefer some sort of cost reflecting a perceived demand than what my local place does, selling whatever they got for a flat 25 dollars, even if it's a fucking Rhino eave pegwarmer that's been there for so long the price label was almost too faded to read.
>>
Is this the longest that the Con exclusives have been up? Does no one want them this year or something? Thor Set and Daredevil are still in stock. I'm surprised.
>>
Man, everyones looking for that moonkight

I'm glad I'm not a fan of that design, I'd be annoyed not being able to find it
>>
>>6481623
I think smaller shops have a lower priority compared to big stores like Wal-Mart, Target and TRU. my local toy store gets his cases in 2 at a time and then nothing for a month or so despite ordering 4-5 cases initially.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9do4zVEchB4

HOLY FUCK BROS!

Marvel Select actually gave Lady Deadpool double jointed knees and elbows.
>>
File: GotG Vol 2.png (3MB, 1241x897px) Image search: [Google]
GotG Vol 2.png
3MB, 1241x897px
>>6481623
Homecoming wave showed up out of nowhere and was gone pretty quick. I was lucky and got what I wanted plus the extra BAF pieces I needed to finish Vultures wings. GotG Vol 2 Titus wave showed up a few months ago and has been clogging shelves. Could've purchased the whole wave for $9.00 the other day, too bad I got everyone I wanted. GotG Vol 2 Mantis wave never showed up in my area, save one rouge Rocket in a mall Gamestop. I got all mine online
>>
>>6481806
This has more articulation than female Legends figure.
>>
>>6481806
damn. I'm not really a fan of the Selects outside of the bigger characters but fuckin hell that looks nice.
>>
>>6481795

Im just worried to all fuck they'll be canceled or something. I wanted to go through a local shop, support that business, but it's make me nervous they'll never come. I know LCS can be slower, but it's like..... damn dude.
>>
>>6481815
Not really.
>>
>>6481035
That's a pretty cool design
>>
Pretty good haul today. Got the SDCC exclusive, dark phoenix and mj two pack, neca serpent pred and dutch. Also got the netflix wave coming in tomorrow.
>>
Does anyone have any experience with Aliexpress toys? They are awfully cheaper than eBay (since I have no access to stores that sell the toys I want), so are these just knockoffs? If so, is it worth it or should I just buy an original from ebay for double price?
>>
File: HTB1qqWjKVXXXXapaXXXq6xXFXXX2.jpg (119KB, 554x687px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1qqWjKVXXXXapaXXXq6xXFXXX2.jpg
119KB, 554x687px
>>6481893
forgot pic
>>
>>6481888
Oh, and i got the SDCC Abomination too today. It's a good day to be collecting.
>>
>>6481575
good to know. Thanks.
>>
>>
File: sentinel--article_image.jpg (52KB, 620x250px) Image search: [Google]
sentinel--article_image.jpg
52KB, 620x250px
>Company is called Sentinel
>Makes Marvel IP
>Doesn't make Sentinel figure
Explain this shit
>>
>>6481806
Is the "imposed articulation limit" by Hasbro just a meme?
>>
>>6481982
I think this looks bad
>>
someone have the updated checklist?
>>
>get odin wave thor out ti mess around with SDCC set
>pose legs
>ball joint snaps off at the crotch

I didn't even ham hand it, I was just posing...
>>
>>6481999
Probably all lies, given that Diamond doesn't do double jointed knees in general even on other licenses.
>>
>>6481998
Tfw I'll never get my mango sentinel
>>
>>6482028
I''m not really a fan of the Mezco style but I think it looks pretty good (along with Punisher, and the upcoming Hulk/Thor)
>>
>>6482028
It definitely needs a lot of work, but I think they are the first one to nail the colors. It's a shame the pic is photoshopped to increase the ab movement, which is the one point of articulation that always sucks on their figures. If this is a new buck, why not just improve the ab joint.
>>
>>6481806
fuck off shartimus
>>
>>6482045
What? They always do double jointed knees
>>
>>6481998
>Mango Sentinel is released
>Comicon exclusive

Makes since.
>>
File: iipsrv[1].jpg (86KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
iipsrv[1].jpg
86KB, 1000x1000px
>>6481998
Do you think a Sentinel/Multiple Man deluxe two pack would sell?
>>
>>6482246
Not that anon but probably not. I'd say it could work as a Con exclusive and then go from there. I do want to see Hasbro making bigger figures as their own stand alone special releases. fuck the 12 inch line and instead make some decent bigger figures people actually want. maybe drop BaFs in favor of this and then increase the accessory and paint budget for the rest of the figures in a wave.

wishful thinking I know.
>>
>>6482246

No. They'd have to throw in a Wolverine figure or someone more popular.
>>
File: sentinel hasbro.jpg (28KB, 300x278px) Image search: [Google]
sentinel hasbro.jpg
28KB, 300x278px
>>6482260
Hasbro already tried doing a giant line.

It bombed.
>>
>>6482266
thats because it was Marvel Universe.

And I wasn't talking about a Giant Line, I was talking about them releasing BaF size or slightly larger scale series. in order to start cutting the bullcrap in regular waves.
>>
>>6482266
>make the standard colored Sentinel a Previews exclusive
Gee I wonder why it bombed...
>>
File: galactuseses.jpg (176KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
galactuseses.jpg
176KB, 600x450px
>>6482289
>durrdurrdurr
can you, like, never talk again?

Hasbros Sentinel was as tall as Toy Biz's
Their Galactus was bigger than all of them.
>>
>>6482305
I'll stop talking if you fucking neck yourself.
>>
>>6480442
Ugh, he looks great. I've been waiting on Jessica to drop down on Amazon; she's the only one I'm missing. One of my local Gamestops had all the other wave figs, but Jess was gone; local Targets are all pegwarmers and Loki's. I was able to get DD and Frank for $18 on BBTS...but no Jess. Bumming me out. I wanna complete Man-Thing ASAP, but I won't pay $30 for a figure that literally just came out.
>>
>>6480622
Yeah...would love to. Unfortunately, like most good waves, there is one figure that's gonna run you about $40-$50 online since ain't none left on any shelves.
>>
>>6480442
Yeah, same. He's not the best articulated figure ever but he's a big guy and I love the bulky look as opposed to the old Toybiz figure. Not that the old figure doesn't still have its charms, though.
>>
File: sentinel squad one.png (548KB, 417x666px) Image search: [Google]
sentinel squad one.png
548KB, 417x666px
>>6482293
To be fair, Hasbro has and is using mostly using modern versions for all the figures they make, so at the time Sentinel ONE Squad designs were the most recent one being used.
>>
File: IMG_20170813_005130.jpg (3MB, 3936x4159px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170813_005130.jpg
3MB, 3936x4159px
Adding paint to your Man-thing vastly improves it.
>>
>>6480503
This. Though, I do like the TWS Cap. But there's no comic Caps that interest me.

I'd buy the '07/Now Thors if they weren't fuck huge. Why are they MS scale?
>>
>>6481654
It was just $19.99 on Amazon I think Thursday through Saturday morning so I think you're okay. I'm not sure it still is but it'll be again soon
>>
>>6481893
>>6481901
Aliexpress sells almost exclusively bootlegs/KOs, and factory "extras". Depending on the figure, they're actually pretty good & almost (almost) indistinguishable from the real thing.
>>
>>6482266
>>6482289
They did that, but still under the "Marvel Universe" line. Outside of Galactus & Sentinel, they were Wal-Mart exclusives. I still want a Goliath (Bill Foster) before he appears in Ant-Man 2 and his price goes even higher.
>>
>>6481893
Warning: they use the images of original product to sell knockoffs. If free shipping the also usually come unboxed/wothout package.

Usually you can read customer reviews on specific aliexpress items.
>>
>>6482653
i got all of these on clearance, only ever opened the two in the middle.
>>
>>6482733
Sell me the Bill Foster; that's the only one I want.
>>
>>6481982
its bad
>>
>>6482828
Same here. Was surprised. Though, the toy budget has been blown this month.
>>
File: image.jpg (406KB, 1847x1807px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406KB, 1847x1807px
>>6482383
My sediments exactly, didn't work on finishing the wave until I was able to find a Cyclops for retail.

He's a fine figure, but he's not great. Definitely not worth more than retail, if they had put more effort into the straps it might have remedied the afternarket price a little.
>>
>>6481901
Just bought this same venom from toywiz
>>
File: KravenTheHunterByJohnRomitaSr.gif (27KB, 285x514px) Image search: [Google]
KravenTheHunterByJohnRomitaSr.gif
27KB, 285x514px
What are the chances we'll get another Kraven figure?
Preferably a classic Kraven.
Hasbro is just NOW kitting it outta the park with the face paint. The face paint on that last Kraven was horrible. Plus we have all these new bulky body molds with butterfly joints
>>
File: PackagedDragonMan.jpg (330KB, 472x768px) Image search: [Google]
PackagedDragonMan.jpg
330KB, 472x768px
Think I might buy this fig in a few weeks
>>
>>6483205

Did you find it for less than 100 bucks?
>>
>>6483206
No, gonna get a carded one for 500
>>
>>6483164
I want a Scorpion and Doctor Octopus before a Kraven redo.
>>
File: B7447AX00-3.jpg (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
B7447AX00-3.jpg
122KB, 500x500px
There's been a ML nico at my local TRU for a long while now. Is she any good?
>>
>>6483302
She's decent. Her head is great for a female ML, and despite basically being the same old teen girl mold articulation-wise, the new sculpting for her torso and her boots is really nice.

Only real complaint, other than the fact that I just don't like modern Nico, and the average complaints you'll find about ML females, is that it's hard to get her to hold the staff since it's tapered, especially with the effect piece.
>>
>>6483302
She's solid, I bought her at clearance and have no idea about her character.

I like her purple hand a lot, it reminds me of Master Gundam, and I have them posed together.
>>
>>6483302
I like her but not enough to pay $20
>>
>>6482653

I love the Frost Giant.

I got three and they great with any Loki figure.
>>
>>6483380
>>6483386
>>6483387
aight. thanks for the opinions. I'l wait till she goes on clearance if ever.
>>
>>6482383

Why didn't you just order a complete wave online?

People hold out and expect to get "deals" on AMAZON and so forth but more than likely you always end up paying a little more for the complete wave in the end.

Like you said, there's always one figure that's hard to get. If you get the rest of the figures for retail or cheaper, but have to pay extra for the "rare" figure, it just makes sense to just buy the complete set online. In the end you pay almost the same price overall...most of the time.
>>
>>6483410

Realistically, for every one figure in a wave that ends up going for double, there are probably two that end up peg warming and getting clearanced out at deep discount.

Also, some people don't necessarily want to order online because of the literal gamble that is Hasbro paint apps.
>>
>>6483415
>Realistically, for every one figure in a wave that ends up going for double, there are probably two that end up peg warming and getting clearanced out at deep discount.

That's my point though. If you get 2 figures at half off but pay double for the rare figure, it still makes sense to just buy a set. Sure you saved a little money on a few but that rare figure is going offset the savings you got on the clearanced figures. It's just basic math.
>>
>>6483207
Please tell me you're joking. I know worth is different for everyone, but...come on.
>>
>>6483455

Not him, but the reason I don't do that is that it's easier to spend 40 bucks every week or two than drop 150 or more at one time on anything other than bills.
>>
Hey guys, any news about Lizard Wave?
>>
>>6483499
They'll probably show the other half of it at Hascon.
>>
>>6483499
>>6483500
Do we have a release date yet? I'm going to have to pre-order Mysterio because I don't want to take any chances with him.
>>
>>6483537

I would say early next year.
The Vulture wave is months old at this point.
>>
>>6483500
I live like 2 hours away from Prividence, but is there really any good reason to go to that con outside of the marvel panel that's going to get posted here as soon as it ends?
I guess there's that "chewbacca mom" panel AND autograph session that would miss out on.
>>
>>6483386
The power of the Staff of One is really interesting, basically you can use any word to invoke a spell but can only use each word once, so early on you can heal somebody by saying "heal" but the next time you'll have to say "restore" or "repair" or something, and if you intend to use it continuously like Nico you have to start learning other languages

That's basically all I know about her, I should really read Runaways someday
>>
Anyone needing Moon Knight, he's on amazon right now for $20
>>
>>6481809
Gamora looks high af
>>
>>6483604
Thank you. Got one for me and another for a friend.
>>
Finally found a Netflix Daredevil and he's pretty neat, but his left arm is like, off center or something near the bicep swivel. Like it's not broken or anything, but it doesn't feel as stuck to the joint as the right arm is. There any way to fix this? Maybe a hairdryer or boiling water or something?
>>
>>6483711
Yeah, try the hairdryer. Heat it up enough that the bicep is gummy but the shoulder shaft is still hard, should make re-seating it easier if it's the problem.

Also, kind of unlikely, but check and make sure you don't have a mismatched arm piece. As in 2 right biceps or shoulders. It happens sometimes.
>>
>>6483719
Hm, I managed to pop it off and get it back on, (this is all the same bit so it's not mismatched or anything) but it's still like, wobbly while on the peg. I've had similar issues in the past with other figures, but none this extreme. It's like the peg/shaft piece on the shoulder isn't able to go far enough down, but there's no noticeable issues with the hole on the arm that would prevent it.

It's not too big of a problem, really, and I'm sure I can always just grab another one if I find it, but it sucks with how loose it is and how I'm worried about ripping the peg while hinging the arm.
>>
>>6483410
The one time I ordered a complete wave it was more than I've ever spent buying individually. If you know somewhere cheaper I'd love to hear about it.

The Warlock wave would cost $140 if you found it at retail, costs $160 from Entertainment Earth, $155+shipping from BBTS, but you could get them individually from Amazon for as low as $134 right now, even with Cyclops costing more than double retail. Other waves play out similarly.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>6483022
>My sediments
>sediments
>sediment

Your what?
>>
>>6483900
You're doing it wrong then. Sell the extra figures and separate any BAF pieces they come with to sell them separately.

If you don't want the BAF, you can sell it assembled or piecewise, whatever makes you more money.

Cases ARE cheaper. Especially if you get the cases earlier than most retail stores do so you can get higher prices on your singles.
>>
>>6482733
how much for your frost giant
>>
>>6483958
$10 shipped
>>
>>6483962
if only
>>
>>6483598
When did any of that happen?
I have the first three giant trades and i dont remember that, but maybe my memory is bad?
>>
>>6484030
the "just can use it once" have being a thing for a long time but i dont remeber if it started in the first 3 volumes
>>
>>6481903
The best Abom out there. Great choice anon
>>
>>6483900
Wave cases are definitely cheaper in the long run, unless you happen to come across EACH figure for less than $17 each as soon as they drop. Cases/full wave buys become even cheaper when a few new waves come out after it, even if individual figures from that same wave are going for higher than retail. A full Dr. Strange/Dormammu wave is going for roughly $80-$110 nowadays; same goes for the Abomination & MCU Giant Man waves. Around Christmas time last year, I was able to get the entire Space Venom for less than $80.

Of course, this doesn't apply to exclusive waves...
>>
>>6483080
how is it?
>>
>>6483205
Ugh, I'm still kicking myself for not buying it for $40 at a Newbury Comics when the wave was first released. This was back when the standard ML/FF Classics figure was around the $10 mark.
>>
>>6483604
Annnnd, its gone. Thanks for the heads up anyway!
>>
File: 101_7643.jpg (157KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
101_7643.jpg
157KB, 1600x1200px
>tfw pic related will never EVER get a contemporary & articulated makeover in 6 inch scale.
>>
File: IMG_2059.jpg (2MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2059.jpg
2MB, 3024x4032px
Saw this yesterday at a Walmart, gave me a pretty good chuckle. Do they just not argue with people when they return stuff? They tossed this in clearance so they must have known it was wrong.

Also, I feel like I'll never get a Moon Knight at retail price.
>>
Just got my exclusive set in from HTS, pretty nice, though I can't understand why they didn't paint the destroyer arm silver instead of black.

All in all I feel it's worth the price as long as they don't re-release most of it like the past two sets.
>>
>>6483944
think he's talking about rocks.
>>
>>6484288
Most of the time the people working customer service don't have a clue nor care enough to do anything about it. Especially something like what you posted. Do you expect the average Walmart worker to know the difference between the different versions of the same character?
>>
File: 20616072._SX540_.jpg (52KB, 540x294px) Image search: [Google]
20616072._SX540_.jpg
52KB, 540x294px
>>6484353
The Destroyer arm is black in the comics. That particular figure is of Odinson (Unworthy Thor) from the Hickman Avengers' Time Runs Out arc. Never read it myself, so I dunno why/how he lost his arm nor why there is a black-armored Destroyer out there.

>>6484288
Well, technically, it ain't wrong. PLUS they got another store's exclusive.
>>
File: 3813.jpg (211KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
3813.jpg
211KB, 1500x1500px
Mezco Homecoming Spidey
>>
File: 3824.jpg (230KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
3824.jpg
230KB, 1500x1500px
>>6484379
>>
>>6484369
>>6484370

True but if you flip it over and look at the figure on the back they clearly don't match. Not that I mind someone ripping off Walmart, fuck 'em. Just gave me a chuckle.

>>6484379
So their regular spider-man is shit? I like my Daredevil and Punisher and thought about Spidey. Wasn't that in to the costume though.
>>
>>6484379
>>6484383
The blue looks like denim.
I don't like it.
>>
>>6484405
Yeah it kinda sucks.
>>
Did anyone get a delivery update from TRU yesterday about the Cyclops and Phoenix figures being shipped?
>>
>>6484383
knowing this will look 5x better in hand like all Mezcos has me confident in setting my preorder
>>
>>6482293
It wasn't a previews exclusive. I bought mine at regular retail. They also showed up at discount stores like TJ Maxx.
>>
>>6484288

I saw a walgreens Daredevil in a netflix daredevil box two days ago.
>>
>>6484597
It was an SDCC exlusive that later got dumped at Ross and TJ Maxx.

The whole plan was to release it as a running change variant but the line tanked hard.
>>
>>6484692
Do Ross and TJ Maxx have standard legends?
I know Kohls do, but I've never checked those other two.
>>
>>6484696
Lately yes. I've been seeing the Onslaught wave at both those stores and Tuesday Morning.
>>
>>6484699

Thanks for the heads up.
>>
File: 1458845309536.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1458845309536.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>6484353
>as long as they don't re-release most of it like the past two sets.
>>
>>6484775
A few years in between isn't too bad (like Starlord, Luke Cage, or Black Bolt) but the doing so within the year is ridiculous,
I mean you can only go so long without a Spiderman, but Abomination, Sandman, Whor, Brother Voodoo, Dormamu and possibly more don't really feel exclusive now. I mean they couldn't ever retool an Uncanny Avengers head for BV?
>>
>>6484781

Don't forget Enchantress.
>>
In addition to collecting Marvel Legends, I also collect Transformers. Seibertron.com has a "toy sighting" database. Does someone run such a thing for Marvel Legends?
>>
>>6480442
Not much there to use as a BAF Sasquatch, it's too plant like. Feet and hands, maybe.
>>
>>6480466
these > Dorbz or Pops
>>
So what do you guys think the chances of getting The Captain are? He'd shelfwarm like a motherfucker if he was standard retail, maybe a 3-pack HTS exclusive with Tabby and a nextwave costume Aaron to prevent the stores from being clogged. I mean they even gave us Dirk Anger.

We can dream.
>>
>>6484288
Saw Brother Voodoo in Rag Loki's box at Wal Greens, turned it over to management at the checkout. Next stop, Dirt Cheap, i guess lol
>>
>>6484799
...okay?
>>
What's the difference between the 2-pack Star-Lord and the billion other Star-Lords?
>>
>>6484883

The two pack one doesn't have the trench coat.
Maybe the colors are slight different, too.
>>
>>6484883
It is literally the exact same one as the Titus wave Star Lord. I wish I skipped the single release and got him with Kurt Russel instead.
>>
>>6484692
It WAS released as a running change variant. The SDCC version and the retail version have two completely different boxes.
>>
>>6484889
>It is literally the exact same one as the Titus wave Star Lord.

It is not.
>>
>>6484905
not him, but it's not? How is it different?
>>
>>6484914
It's not the same as the one from the titus wave, it's the one from the mantis wave. Titus wave had a short coat, mantis wave and two-pack have the long coat and scarf.
>>
>>6484914
Not that anon but, his head sculpt/paint is different, and they used the hair sculpt from the long coat version instead of the one from the short jacket. Likeness-wise, it's the best out of the three thanks to the slight tweaks they made.
>>
File: IMG_8942-600x450.jpg (47KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8942-600x450.jpg
47KB, 600x450px
>>6484923
>it's the one from the mantis wave.
>mantis wave and two-pack have the long coat and scarf.

nigga, no
>>
File: aGr98lQ[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
aGr98lQ[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>6484883
>Titus Wave, Mantis Wave, 2-Pack
I don't own them but the 2 Pack has a lighter shirt and a more serious face (squintier eyes?)
>>
>>6484883
2 pack Star Lord has a tweaked improved sculpt. It's better than the single release, though the guns don't have as much paint.
>>
>>6484901
No, dipshit, it never made it to mass retail. That's why they dumped it to closeout stores.
>>
File: 408px-Runaways2_23.jpg (85KB, 408x599px) Image search: [Google]
408px-Runaways2_23.jpg
85KB, 408x599px
>>6483380
>Only real complaint, other than the fact that I just don't like modern Nico

That's my big rub too. I love Runaways, I love Nico especially but I cannot stand what Hopeless has done to her and while Im content to huck that witch arm in a draw and never look at it again I hate that gay bubble wand staff
>>
File: sentinel b sdcc.jpg (334KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
sentinel b sdcc.jpg
334KB, 1000x500px
>>6484692
Wrong.

SDCC Sentinel came carded AND boxed.

The ones seen in marshalls and rosses were the normal release, and was just boxed.
>>
>>6484936
The SDCC version was never at retail ever. The SDCC version was on a giant card inside a box. The figure itself was released again as a running change in the same packaging as the silver version. That was readily in stores and online. You are wrong.
>>
>>6484984
Wrong fucktard. The purple coloring only hit closeout stores, it was NOT available otherwise.
>>
>>6484991
Not him, but you realize that close out stores deal mostly with shit that was made avaiable and sold at other stores, right?

It's very rare and almost not going to happen that a figure like that would only have been sold at Ross/Marshalls.

See howGI Joe PoC vehicles were sold.
>>
>>6484974
You're a dumb faggot. The purple version is the Sdcc release.
>>
>>6484999

You realize you're wrong, right? Hasbro has a deal going with those stores. They were taking all the product in their warehouses that never made it to retail.
>>
>>6485005
>>6485001
Yeah, nope.

You guys just dont know what you're talking about and are obviously confused.
Back when /toy/ was way more helpful, people were taking photos of stuff they found and where they found it.

Just like with PoC vehicles, Hasbro was releasing them simultaneously to the discount stores and normal retail.

And the SDCC Sentinel was never sold at discount stores. Back then, when shit was sold out at SDCC, it meant no more were available.
>>
What is using AmiAmi like, is the shipping expensive? Does it take a long time?
>>
>>6485040
It's like any shopping site, just buying internationally. I generally always use EMS which is minimum $20 and takes 2-4 days to get to me in New England, but that all depends on how good your post office is.
>>
>>6485043

I've just never used a shopping site before. Will $20 cover whatever I order? Seems like a steep cost for 1 thing though I guess its still cheaper than buying in from a US site.
>>
>>6484597
It wasn't? Weird. I swear it was an exclusive somewhere outside SDCC. Maybe I'm confusing it with the Galactus which DID have an exclusive MUA paint job. Not sure if that was Previews or TrU, though.

Either way Hasbro making the standard colors a running change variant was still a poor choice and helped kill the line.
>>
>>6485048
>I've just never used a shopping site before
Did you just get internet where you live?
>>
>>6485051
Haha I mean I am in SC, I thought you meant like a Japanese shopping site not just one in general. I've avoided collecting figures for a long time because I knew it would be a slippery slope but then some friends got me a couple as gifts and now I'm fully on board. Basically I'm still new to all this.
>>
>>6485048
There more you order the more expensive shipping is overall (but may be cheaper per item), which you should consider when deciding over ordering off Ebay or Amazon or wherever else depending on your country.

For example, right now the new Vegeta is about $45 on amiami and $55 on Amazon, when you include shipping Amazon is cheaper if you were only getting that one item. It may work out if you were bulk ordering (say shipping was $40 on 4 items, so $10 each) but even them the security of ordering local can still be worth the few extra dollars depending on value and if you country's customs will fuck you with additional fees.
>>
>>6484797
The old sasquatch didn't really straight-up reuse anything, either. It was newly sculpted but used the same build.
>>
>>6484932
Is that the 2-pack Star-Lord on the right? It looks the best of the bunch.
>>
>>6485034

I found my purple sentinel at Ross. It never made it to retail. People found them at retail outlet locations, like Ross, TJ Maxx ect. Target, wal-mart and TRU did not pick up the purple sentinel. Hell my TRU had silver sentinels for years. The carded ones in the bubble were SDCC exclusive. The coloring was not.

http://aceofgeeks.net/budget-geeking-visit-at-local-ross/

Point being, purple sentinel ABSOLUTELY was sold at retail outlet locations. So every can STFU about who is wrong and stuff.
>>
File: IMG_20170816_211440.jpg (177KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170816_211440.jpg
177KB, 1536x2048px
Opened a bunch of Marvel Legends i had picked up over the last couple of weeks.Scott/Jean 2 pack, Juggs wave Jean (on sale!), and then today i bought Bullseye, Jane Thor, and Hela. Hela and Jane's shins were bent, so a hot water dip was in order.
>Ginger
>Asgardian armor
>sex hair
YES, PLEASE! Too bad the cape didn't fit!
>>
Been seeing a lot of the new wave finally at some Walgreens. No Hela but I ran into an Ares, Odinson, and Thor.

Also, I'm so happy people are selling there Loki right legs. I don't want to but that dumb figure.
>>
>>6485362
>muh anecdotal experience trumps reality
that's soooooooo cute

Here's reality:
http://www.hisstank.com/forum/toys/259204-marvel-universe-3-75-figures.html
some autist has a full list on shipments and who/when they got it.

No doubt, it was rare because of how poorly the line sold, but it was still sold at retailers, not just Ross/Marshalls. Again, the same shit happened with the Pursuit of Cobra vehicles. I saw them first at Ross and only spotted them later at regular retailers, also rarely.

Another example of a normal retailer carrying the line, mostly because of how they under order it compared to big box stores like Walmart
http://www.toyark.com/marvel-masterworks-sentinel-repaint-version-67376/
This is for a preorder, so there should be no doubt it's directly ordered from Hasbro.

Again, just because YOU never saw it and its rarely ever brought up doesn't change the fact it was still ordered by normal retailers.
Personally, i never saw the purple and pink Sentinel at any retailers, but again, anons on /toy/ were able to help others find them.
>>
File: DSC_3141s.jpg (986KB, 998x1500px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3141s.jpg
986KB, 998x1500px
>>6484974

Found mine at Ross for $19.99. I sold him a few years ago for $85. This was before the X-Men ML revival. I regret it every time I look at my current X-Men collection. I think Sentinel would scale well with the 6 inch stuff. I still have the box though for some reason..
>>
>>6485040
>is the shipping expensive? Does it take a long time?

One depends on the other. If you are patient it's not expensive.

http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html
>>
>manage to get an Ares from Amazon while it was in stock
>Chest is scratched up worse than any I've seen so far
>Wait for him to be in stock briefly again so I can send it back for a replacement
>Replacement is lost in shipping and I get an auto refund.

I fucked up didn't I? I'm not going to be able to find him anywhere in stock now.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>6486036
>>
>>6485703
I had a bunch of the silver ones from clearance and kept swapping them out at Ross for classic colors
>>
>>6485638

Holy shit you're an idiot. Nothing you posted is proof of anything or even a constructive dialogue. I was saying the purple sentinel was available OUTSIDE SDCC. Because people are being so dumb as to say it wasn't. Yet you're going off an tirage about how purple sentinel was carried at BBTS (a specialty website) and no proof of being carried outside of retail outlet stores.

>muh anecdotal experience trumps reality

That's literally you right now, cause you're trying "prove" me wrong with no evidence. You're just being a contrarian and adding nothing, STFU.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.