[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend me something to buy.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: s-l500.jpg (22KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
22KB, 354x500px
Okay, /toy/ I'm kind of lost for suggestions and ideas of what to spend my money on. I'm willing to spend, at most, up to $200 on something, and a few items I've been looking at are like, Macross Valkyrie toys, Daibadi's, and some of the above-average-in-price figmas and figuarts, and even looking at some 3rd party Transformers. But at this point I just dunno what to go for.

Suggest something to me that you'd really want to get thats up to $200, /toy/. I may come back later with the results of what I get.

Pic semi-related, I guess.
>>
>>6449069
Amazing Yamaguchi Venom. He's fat and fun to pose but he can be wobbly and need work on his joints.

>>6416524
Beast boxes. They're kawaii nigguh.

>>6416137
You seem to like robots. Not having a big titty waifu bot is literally a problem. Check out that thicc polynian or FAGs.

>>6402930
If you want to be Mister Big Dick Big Bucks get a tiny waifu BJD doll

Storm Collectibe Zangief is massive and cool looking.

As for gundams and stuff; the white master prime MP-711 looks legit but it's a Transformer.

You'd have to look at the higher end Gundams because there's literally hundreds.
>>
maketoys makes some fantastice shit

pic related, striker manus /striker noir

runs about 80 bucks each, an absolutely wonderful toy
>>
Just save your money. You don't want to waste it on something you're not enthusiastic for.
>>
as for valkyries, the only real choices are the yamato 1/48, the arcadia/yamato 1/60, or the bandai hi-metal.
i recently found a 1/48 vf-1s for super cheap with minor damage, and im absolutely in love with the fucker, so if youre really willing on spending 200ish, id do that. he a big boy
>>
>>6449245
meant to say yamato 1/60 version 2 btw, forgot to specify that, the version 1 is a partsformer and generally is dissapointing.
>>
>>6449248
I'm an enthusiast for transformers and macross because they are just that cool to me, and I'd honestly want something more than just like an F-14 tomcat model kit that just looks more anime, which is all that the bandeau model kits are of the jets since they don't transform. My only problem is that all the transformable macross toys are absolutely ridiculous in price. I was kind of hoping /toy/ had a hidden alternative to them that's just as good but possibly cheaper
>>
>>6449487
If you want Macross on a budget, and don't mind the non-canon colors, the anniverssary colors release of the Hi-Metal VF-1S is coming in September

https://hlj.com/product/BANN16164
Otherwise Macross figures at larger sizes are notoriously expensive, there's some reissues of the larger VF-1s, but they're around $200+. hough bootlegs are supposedly coming, too.
>>
>>6449504
Mm, I see. I'm largely keeping an eye out for the VF1 and the VF0 since they're so close to the same design either or could work for me though I'm really starting to warm up to the VF0
>>
File: 4582482821213-j00.jpg (251KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
4582482821213-j00.jpg
251KB, 600x600px
>>6449531
The VF-0's price right now is skyrocketing, and it was already overpriced. Most releases, like the one in the OP pic, are prone to a breaking problem in the leg, too. the one that isn't is the VF-0S version, which is also the costliest. Its jumped to the $500+ range.
>>
>>6449539
I was eyeing a 0A that was about 200 bucks but even then that feels ridiculous to pay for. Then again people pay that much for MP-36 so I suppose if I really wanna get my nostalgia on...
>>
>>6449545
I will say that from personal experience the VF-0s are really not worth the ridiculous MSRP they had. They're an improvement over the v2 1/60 VF-1 mold, but not to the extent they charge. The articulation is also limited, so you're mainly paying for an engineering showcase and display piece.
>>
>>6449556
Only problem is that finding a V2 vf1 for cheaper than 200 has proved impossible. I saw a banging deal on a 1/48 vf1 going for sub 100 but it was sniped something fierce. I might just go for the VF0 going fo 200 as it's the only remotely reasonably priced thing out of it all
>>
>>6449539
>$500 for a piece of shit with a huge seam down the middle of its thighs
Holy shit. The poor quality on these toys that go for hundreds is astounding considering a retard with glue and a sand stick can do better in about 3 minutes
>>
>>6449563
If you don't mind buying second hand, older Yamato version v2 1/60 VF-1s pop up frequently for less than $200 on ebay and Macross world, usually Roy and Hikaru's versions. One Roy VF-1S is on eBay for $150.

As cool as the 0 is, I advise yousto stay away unless you spring for the VF-0S because there's a high chance any other VF-0 will break and it will suck and make your figure a $200 lump.
>>
File: IMG_1378.jpg (49KB, 319x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1378.jpg
49KB, 319x461px
Save your money for this in November.
>>
>>6449069
I couldn't recommend buying into the macross franchise at this time. The prrices are still insane and the popularity is in a slump thanks to the most recent series being mediocre a best and brand-killing at worst.
>>
>>6449735
So like every series after the first
>>
>>6449069
If you buy any of the original valks from Yamato, make sure they have the anniversary logo on the front
>>
>>6449069
just look at the hi-metal R line.
>>
>>6449828
those suck
>>
>>6449828
Thats what the op can afford.
>>
File: VF-1J [1].jpg (107KB, 684x487px) Image search: [Google]
VF-1J [1].jpg
107KB, 684x487px
>>6449878
>those suck
You suck
>>
File: VF-1J [2].jpg (143KB, 557x907px) Image search: [Google]
VF-1J [2].jpg
143KB, 557x907px
Can't wait for the VF-1S Messer colours later this year.
>>
>>6453634
Compared to Yamatao/Arcadia they suck.
Wondering how I know?
I have figures from all three lines.
>>
>>6453639
>Can't wait for the VF-1S Messer colours later this year.
Same, it's going to be my first Hi-Metal R and VF-1 toy so I'm really excited.
>>
File: FIGURE-031222.jpg (90KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-031222.jpg
90KB, 600x600px
>>6453696
no they don't , when you compare, do you compare the price too? because that's a big factor too. The hi-metal r line also offer enemies and Destroids.

hi-metal R Max with super parts is around $90 shipped
Arcadia Max reissues will be around $215 shipped
These are pre order prices bytheway.

Wondering how I know they don't suck?
I have figures from those lines along with macross from other line too.

The only one that truly suck is the evolution toy VF-2SS. while we're on that subject , Hi-metal R is releasing a VF-2ss and it looks awesome, it's the best looking TOY VF-2ss to date.
>>
>>6454189
Knowing nothing about that design, I would have preferred that they release the robot as is without the unsightly green backpack. Price is also pretty insane for a roughly 6 inch figure.
>>
>>6454189
have them all too you must have shit taste bro hm doesnt even compare
>>
>>6454378
and $10 is not the same as $20.
>>
File: 2017-04-02 14.12.08.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-02 14.12.08.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6449556
Yeah i'll be honest they really were overpriced. But the reactive armor for the VF-0S made it worthwhile to me and it looks fucking awesome. So yeah I feel satisfied
>>
>>6453696
Yamato is high end, stick it on a shelf and transforming a few times a year. The hi-metals feel more like actual toys. They certainly are shittier but that's sort of what makes them good as well.
>>
>>6459061
>being more shit is a good thing

have you lost your marbles?
>>
>>6459093
some are left on display to look good. that's the 1/60 Arcadia/ Yamato.
I don't transform those much, you have to be very careful with the premium ver /pre painted tampo markings. because you can easily scrap some of those off while transforming.

while some are left on the desk, you can mess around with it whenever, they are cheaper and smaller , their paint and tampo is much better protected. add some missile effects, do some battle with Regults, get Spartan some Clubbing adds some more other tamashii effects .. these are the Bandai Hi-metal R. they cost much cheaper and they are really fun to play with.

I buy both so I can enjoy both. the hi-metal R can display pretty well too.
>>
>>6459219
Yep, I also do this.
>>
The hi-metals are about as good as a 1:100 valk can be they're perfectly ok.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.