[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BJD/Asian Doll Thread: Bill from accounting edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 74

File: billfromaccounting.jpg (425KB, 1224x816px) Image search: [Google]
billfromaccounting.jpg
425KB, 1224x816px
Last thread >>6344721

FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.

Our threads are mostly dedicated to Ball-jointed dolls and other dolls in the Asian market.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is puppets. Not BJDs.
>>
>>6402930
>Love or hate relationship with Andreja's work and tutorials

>Food colors to describe doll skins are racist

>Parents that buy BJD for their children can double dip on the toy

>Doll event thieft. Watch your belongs closely.
>>
but why is this thread so dead
>>
>>6403039
That last thread was quite slow. It was mostly horror stories and some new purchases without any pics.
>>
Did someone save the v2 of the guide? Wanted to link it to a friend but it hasn't been linked in this or the last thread.
>>
>>6402409
Tempted to buy it and save it
>>
>Finally employed after six months of being either over or under qualified
I gotta save up for important shit, but man I'm going to buy so much doll shit after my savings and emergency fund are at healthy levels again.
>>
File: IMG_9894.jpg (91KB, 640x867px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9894.jpg
91KB, 640x867px
The overwhelming support this person is getting. Why can't anyone tell her it's shit so she can actually improve?
>>
>>6404442
There are so many things wrong with it I don't know where to focus....
>>
>>6404455
She already sent it to a casting service in China. Apparently people have preordered this monstrosity... even though that's not the look she's going for.
>>
>>6404775
I'm re-evaluating my life now.
>>
>>6404442
Is it just me or does the head look way too small for the neck in this angle? It looks like it would be hard to turn the head much in any direction.
>>
>>6405106
I don't think it's just the angle. That head has almost no depth. It's really flat other than that beak of a nose.
>>
>>6405106
its on a supia doll body, which have thick necks. soo that doesnt help, but yeah the head isnt sculpted the best.
>>
File: copy(1494586659)-7.jpg (492KB, 850x1256px) Image search: [Google]
copy(1494586659)-7.jpg
492KB, 850x1256px
Not sure if anyone here has any experience with eye making, but I'm wondering if there are any tips or tricks to make things look kind of...suspended? in the eye. Like gems and things like that.
>>
>>6405377
Aren't that style of iris just doming resin poured into a hollow in the white? Like a cabochon you don't de-mould.

I haven't tried making eyes of my own, but I assumed that's how they do it since the material is usually listed as resin.
>>
>>6405377
I'm not an eye maker by any means, but I think that they use clear resin and put little bits of glitter and rhinestones into it. They almost definitely have the white part already finished or premade.
>>
File: head.jpg (213KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
213KB, 600x900px
IOS is making a Cumberbatch minimee (well, a Cumberbatch likeness...minimee is kind of a DiM-specific term, like Dollfie is a volks-specific one).

I can't stand the guy, but commend them for doing a nice job on this, AND avoiding the biggest sin of realistic celebrity dolls which is making the neck far too small and negating all the realism of the sculpt with the resulting bobblehead look.

>>6404442
jesus christ.
Actually i'm pretty sure pintsize blocks everyone who doesn't give him/her unconditional support and asskissing, so it's possible someone said something and it was immediately deleted.
>>
>>6404775
Wait, really? But it...do you have it mixed up with Culur's doll, because......but.........
fuck
>>
>>6405811
Fairly certain she reached the minimum number needed to order the doll. Which isnt very many, like 5 or 10 thru her casting company
>>
>>6405840
No casting companies do 5. Haru does 10 min and Fantasy doll does 20, Weiju 15 I think
>>
>>6404442
The eye look like they're two different sizes, christ thats awful
>>
what the hell's happened to truejbdconfessions? it was the thing that made the tumblr bjd regularly entertaining but now it's gone AWOL. there's a couple other confession blogs stepping in but they're not so regular and they dont attract the same response for whatever reason
>>
>>6406409
It's not AWOL, it says pretty plainly on the top of the page that the inbox is closed and they're not posting right now.

This happens every couple months, usually because they're backlogged or the admin is just busy with other stuff or something. Surprised you have not seen it happen before.
>>
>>6406496
yes i have seen it before. but usually they're back within a few days. that's why I asked if something had happened. Because all it says is 'Time in the Queue: inbox closed'
>>
File: tumblr_oqo9n5Od851vadcw6o2_1280.jpg (325KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqo9n5Od851vadcw6o2_1280.jpg
325KB, 960x1280px
>>6402596
I get that this person has cheap dolls but what the fuck did they do to this resinsoul
>>
>>6405990
I meant, Im pretty sure she only needed to get around 5, because she was ordering a handful for herself.
But I could be wrong, been a while since she started putting the orders out.
>>
>>6405808
The quality of work professionals are putting out, vs
>>6404442
The quality of work "famous" people in the fandom are putting out.

Guess which one is more socially acceptable to recast.
>>
>>6406946
The bottom one?
>>
>>6407087
I highly doubt recasters would even waste their money on that thing lol
>>
>>6406946
Well you know famous artists are ~true~ artists that struggle to make their unique creations, not some company that rolls in money.

....unfortunately that's pretty much word for word what someone told me a week ago to justify why it's ok for them to buy a recast minifee but if someone recasted the doll they're sculpting it would be actual terrorism
>>
>>>/hr/2944399
Might be of interest to this thread.
>>
>>6406946
Which really goes to show that the whole purpose of "big companies DESERVE RECASTS" is for cheapskates to get the product they want for less dosh.
>>
File: csm-01.jpg (58KB, 482x362px) Image search: [Google]
csm-01.jpg
58KB, 482x362px
>>6406710
Even I don't know the truth behind this one.
>>
File: eh gross.png (186KB, 666x310px) Image search: [Google]
eh gross.png
186KB, 666x310px
Because if anyone should be giving faceup advice, it's her.
>>
>>6407884
The eyes haunt me in my dreams
>>
File: screenshot41.jpg (49KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot41.jpg
49KB, 639x480px
>>6407961
R.I.P. whatever it was. We would need an ayy lmao autopsy to be certain.
>>
>>6407885
this is what hugbox culture does
>>
File: titshowdotheywork.jpg (85KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
titshowdotheywork.jpg
85KB, 640x853px
Why can't Fairyland into tits? The feeple65 had beautiful breasts, same for the smaller sized minifee breast options, but they keep insisting on huge round balloon bolt on tits for all their new releases.

Though this time it looks like people have fought back against the hideous change and FL is now offering the option on their new feeple65 girl to have the old breast piece and they are calling the new piece "corset" breasts, lol. Maybe they'll get it through their heads people hate those balloon tits but still buy them because they refuse to offer any other breast types.
>>
Hey! Would anyone know of any sewing patterns for dolls?

I tried scaling down normal patterns but that didn't work, bit of a disaster desu. Hurmph!
>>
>>6408373

Why was 'desu' added to my comment ._.
>>
>>6408369

This seems like a case of the sculpter having a fetish for fake tits and putting them on everything just cause they like it.
>>
File: Winniethepooh2011dvdrip.jpg (49KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
Winniethepooh2011dvdrip.jpg
49KB, 720x400px
>>6408373
Have you tried reading the OP?
>>
File: 1403376467848.jpg (50KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1403376467848.jpg
50KB, 460x345px
>>6408382

Oh noo, now I look like an idiot.
>>
>>6408375
lol, it's a filter for t b h

>>6408369
The new tits can hardly be described as 'balloon tits', it's literally the same exact size, just in a shape that looks uncomfortable and unnatural (definitely designed for corsets). I'm very happy they decided to keep the old shape as an option though, f65 had the best tiddies FL ever made.
>>
>>6407885
...can you imagine someone of the mindset that frequents this general putting out one of these videos and fucking tearing into Pintsize or someone else with awful faceups? Especially if the title and thumbnail are all 'uwu constructive criticism', making it appear unremarkable at first glance.
>>
File: balloontits.jpg (73KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
balloontits.jpg
73KB, 640x853px
>>6408613
naw man they are balloon tits, rest assured, when you see owner pics they will be way more obvious. they are the same as what they did for the minifee, just scaled up. i've seen the large minifee and fairyline busts in person and they look terrible. pure bimbofication fetish tier.
>>
>>6408630
In the photo you now posted, left side has noticeably smaller chest than the right side, in size and not just because of different shape. In >>6408369, however, they are the same size, just hoised up.
>>
File: sideviewtits.jpg (59KB, 600x608px) Image search: [Google]
sideviewtits.jpg
59KB, 600x608px
>>6408662
the hoisting is what makes them look like fake bolt on, cheap implants. the original breasts of the feeple65 are actually larger. its not the SIZE thats gross, its the shape. though larger, the original feeple65 breasts have a more realistic sag, you can believe they have weight, their shape is aesthetically pleasing.

the new breasts may be smaller, but the shape makes them look like round balls under the skin. its exceptionally bad in profile when they are hoisted like that, no matter the size.
>>
>>6408630
>>6408369
Lord, these are like miro-tier tacked-on puddi tits. Do they really want to give people another excuse to buy recasts?
>>
>>6408684
It's a push up bra shape, it's not the first company to do this and since everyone is crazy for corsets these days esp for Fairyland dolls it's not that surprising, do yall just not know this kind of busts exist?
>>
File: Resemblance.jpg (36KB, 696x426px) Image search: [Google]
Resemblance.jpg
36KB, 696x426px
>>6406710
Cousin...Is that you?
>>
>>6409086
its hideous no matter what company does it, and its ridiculous to sculpt the breasts to only suit one style clothing. the majority of the fullsets dont even have a corset style top as an excuse for the tits. it looks especially bad on the moeline body, which inexplicably had the biggest breast size available as the default at its launch, but paired with the fucking ante face sculpt which is the most childish of the sculpts for moeline.
>>
>>6409243
I had to give up on the Domuya flexi body for the same reason in the opposite direction, the big droopy breasts never looked good in most fashions.
>>
>>6409086
Still, push-up bras don't give you balloon boobs. They just give you boobs that are, well, pushed up.
>>
I kinda like the huge tittered dolls, though its gets a bit weird once you step into the whacky nippled mega tits of angel philia.
The Leeke A Line volume body has the same kind of balloon boobs and I like that look, but then again the character for that doll is a kinda "will suck dick for a cigarette" character.
>>
>>6408684
ngl I like me some big tiddies on my dolls.
But I like me some realistic tiddies above all else. I just can't get behind boobs that look like they're not only fake but wearing 6 bras. Gimmie small natural tiddies over big fakies.

On a more serious note, the sculpting is very poor on FL's balloon boobs. You can get boobs to look massive but FL just tends to make balls stuck onto the chest.
>>
>>6408616
NGL if I didn't care about my rep / were more popular, I would rip into PSP, not only her faceups but her sculpting and her stupid "i'm anti recast but i'll work on them" view.
Also giving her PROPER constructive crits.
Like don't cast a head you spent like 3 days working on. Refine it more.
>>
>>6408630
Maybe they look better in (properly tailored) clothes?
>>
>>6409825
like that one anon said, they look right when the doll is dressed in a corset, bustier type tops, but if you want a casual look, or even something like lolita or mori, the obvious floating giant boob shape is awful. it wouldn't be so bad if FL actually gave you more options, but large busts are always the default unless you are getting one of the rare fullsets where they go for a smaller bust (i think the bunny girl, momo, came with a small bust.)
>>
>>6405377
There are people in the resin crafting threads (mostly for jewelry, etc) on >>>/cgl/ that would have better pointers. I've been lurking there to get ideas. From what I understand, they do a few layers to get that 'suspended' look.

>>6406710
I admit I like the vague aesthetic it has, but it really really needed a lot more polishing. That thing's definitely not any resemblance to a human.

>>6409509
Same, anon.
>>
>>6410148
I like the concept of the moded doll, it just needs heavy refinement. If it was done well it would look neat.
>>
On a related note of bad mods and shitty sculpts, what's some of your favourite mods that otherwise would have looked like a hot mess? Like 2edgy4me themes or body mods or whatever that would have been laughable but it turned out good?
>>
>>6411486
Basically anything by cintronrouge
I personally find them tacky as hell, but if anyone else did them they'd look like absolute shit, so props given where due.
>>
Has anyone actually seen any of Michelle from DollBakery's dolls? She never posts or talks about them, which I find odd, considering she makes doll eyes. I don't think she's ever brought any to conventions, either. Does she even own dolls anymore?
>>
Am I correct to believe that the market for good faceup artists is pretty goddamn slim and my best bet would be to see if I can pay the company a little more to get a custom faceup (and settle for a company faceup if not)?
>>
>>6412348
Depends on what your definition of good is (re skill + price range) and what sorta faceup youre looking for.

>>6412306
Yknow, I dont think I've ever actually seen her personal collection.
Speaking of though, will she be selling eyes any time soon? i've been holding out to order from her.
>>
>>6412306
Unfortunately with active makers of any kind it usually means they don't actually do much with their dolls but craft for sale and use them as a spot to showcase their work.
Face-Up artists often end up just painting dolls for others too, and while you get a glimpse of their personal collection here and there it always seems like they do more for others than their own dolls.

In case of eyes, it's probably easier to show them out of a doll.
She did post a picture on Insta of a doll wearing her newest creation, so I guess that was her doll.
She also took a loooooong break from eye making, might be that her collection changed a lot during that time.

>>6412348
What >>6412775 said.

There are a lot of really good artists, but they are of course often booked/expensive/sometimes not even on your continent. When you are willing to ship around your heads and pay a pretty sum you still got lots to pick from. Don't expect to find someone with great skill for 30$ in your country.
>>
>>6412775
i managed to snag one of her friday eyes, a pair of 10mm nova eyes. From her blog posts, it seems she is still backed up on getting the first round of preorders out. I've been eyeing the site like a hawk because I need me some of those "moss" colored eyes for my LLT Neil.
>>
>>6412947
Bummer.
I need a pair from her coz one of my dolls was inspired by the eyes I want. Hope she catches up and doesn't give up forever.
>>
>>6412870
>Don't expect to find someone with great skill for 30$ in your country.
I am offended on behalf of any artist who has had to experience that. I know average faceups are in that $60 range, right? My budget is up to $200 for a faceup. I just want my doll to look perfect.
>>
>>6413247
I am in that average range (70$ base price, have constantly been painting since 2008, clean acrylic style, offer airbrush too) and you have no idea how much people still try to haggle and moan.
It's okay, I spent easily 20 hours painting your doll's face, please tell me how 3,5$ an hour without counting in materials and/or my health is too much. Or time I had to spent taking pictures, writing messages, waiting for you to be assed to confirm a WIP.

Reason I closed shop and just work for friends/former customers now. Just can't be assed anymore to discuss my prices.

200$ is quite the budget though! Even the higher up artists/more pricey ones from Asia tend to be lower.
Where are you located anon and what is your preferred style/what doll are you looking to get painted?
>>
>>6413363
adding: "average" does not really mean average in skill here.
Really good artists are in that "average" range. Truly average skill is actually lower, but people aren't willing to pay much for hard work and thus only the ones with crazy fan following can ask more for their work.

General average price is probably 25-40$.
Everything above is for most people already expensive.*
No surprise some BJD artists started doing Blythe.

*sadly this also comes with crazy expectations. People act like 60$ buys them pure perfectionism sprinkled with gold, while the base price should actually be raised so that 60$ seems cheap.
>>
File: christianimageboardfriendlycrop.png (447KB, 506x379px) Image search: [Google]
christianimageboardfriendlycrop.png
447KB, 506x379px
>>6413363
>200$ is quite the budget though!
I come from the world of Blythe and Barbie haha. I finally found the perfect BJD and now I would like to find the perfect artist. Like you said, you are not only working hard to paint the dolls, but you're putting your health at risk here. I think it's a fair price to pay.

I completely understand why you would only want to work with a limited amount of people these days. Just from lurking the threads for about a year now, I've seen how poorly good faceup artists are treated. I'm not even surprised anymore when I see people leaving the hobby.

I'm from the US. The doll I have decided on is an Aerial BJD Aaliyah (pic related). Very pretty sculpt, although the default faceup leaves a lot to be desired. I am a fan of the glamorous makeup look (Fashion Royalty, Silkstone Barbie, etc.), so I'm looking for a BJD faceup artist who can nail that aesthetic. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated.

>>6413371
>People act like 60$ buys them pure perfectionism sprinkled with gold, while the base price should actually be raised so that 60$ seems cheap.
Exactly. Say it only takes you two hours to paint the doll. That's still only $30 an hour to be working with toxic paints and sprays on top of already making something beautiful. It just doesn't make any sense.
>>
sometimes I sit on FB and scream 'buy my stuff' at the screen.
>>
File: IMG_0109.jpg (486KB, 1613x777px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0109.jpg
486KB, 1613x777px
>>6413825
>glamorous makeup look
Well that sounds like Kayke's preferred aesthetic. Then again I've heard things about her work looking messy in real life.
>>
>>6413873
Yeah, I really thought I wanted to commission Kayke at first, then I saw her works in person. They're still very pretty, but also quite messy. I can't have that. I've also heard some questionable things about the materials she uses (something about oil on tan skinned dolls) and that's not really someone I'd like to commission.
>>
>>6413916
my suggestion is angeltoast, or maybe even xanthi (if she is still doing commissions?)
>>
File: 124.png (2MB, 979x830px) Image search: [Google]
124.png
2MB, 979x830px
>>6414224
Both of these artists have lovely galleries. Thank you for your recommendations. I love Angeltoast's skin texturing work. Freckles that don't look literally shitty. Amazing.
>>
>>6413371
>People act like 60$ buys them pure perfectionism sprinkled with gold

I charge in the $30-$40 range and I already feel that sort of way from some people.

Of course there's something to be said about waiting til you git gud enough to charge more. But on the other hand, there's also lucking out and not being able to improve because people don't like your style enough to commission you.

Really does something to the self esteem sometimes, but hey, it's a tough market.
>>
File: vague post is vague.png (624KB, 1214x902px) Image search: [Google]
vague post is vague.png
624KB, 1214x902px
i saw a weird post in the bjd tag but the little attention grabber won't post the company. says she'll only disclose in pm, 'if your promise not to start a witch hunt.' why tf did you tag it then? anyway. do you guys know what she's talking about?
>>
>>6414547
Code Noir maybe?
>>
>>6414547
Weird, I remember them from DoD and they never seemed attention grabbing.

Makes me miss DoD because then we'd have an answer instead of the cryptic shit
>>
>>6414619
Second this, pretty sure they mean Code Noir.

>>6413825
Anon, reading your posts is like balm for my sad artist soul.
Wish more people would think like you do.

I still remember when someone contacted me for some airbrushing job and then were shocked when the paintjob cost a little more than she had paid for the part (were cheap 20$ parts, so it wasn't like a 150$ paintjob).
"I paid 20$ for them, why should I pay 25$ for getting them painted?"
Asked her if in her opinion I should start pricing everything like this, shut her up real quick.
"Oh, some Resinsoul head? 5$ for the face-up. Volks SD17 Williams? That will be 500$."
Still baffled she thinks my prices should in any way be based on what she had paid for the doll (part). As if my amount of work, materials and time is in any way attached to this.
Some people.
Not to mention that 25$ isn't much considering I need to seal the parts at least twice, use up paint, use my airbrush, clean the airbrush, take pictures, write several messages etc.

>>6414419
>I charge in the $30-$40 range and I already feel that sort of way from some people.

I feel you.
I personally am afraid to up my prices even more because if people are already that entitled in the lower range they will probably lose their shit when they pay 80-100$ and there is a piece of dust trapped in the sealant behind the left ear.
Basically being at the "lower" range gives me more "fuck up freedom", even though I am already a perfectionist and work very clean.

Unless you have the mentioned crazy fans there is no way charging a proper price and people happily eating it up.
Am still baffled someone like Elfgutz asks 80$ or Glossy Gore 45$ while their stuff is messy and dirty, and other artists have to accept being punished for a piece of lint while asking 30$ and having more skill/experience.
>>
>>6413825
To seperate it from my rant above:

Kayke would have been a good idea style-wise, but as mentioned her stuff is incredibly dirty.
Angeltoast and Xanthi are great, but Xanthi rarely opens slots and both for me are the more natural type.

For a glamourous make-up look, especially when you like the more bold designs of Fashion Dolls, I personally would recommend Raquel Clemente.
She often does face-ups based on make-up pictures, has a clean and skilled style, mostly paints female sculpts, based in Spain.
Check out her Instagram and scroll down a little for some inspiration:
https://www.instagram.com/_raquelclemente_/

Price is also fine (70 Euro base price, some details might cost extra) and she regularly opens new slots, which is honestly the reason I mostly recommend her because most of the others that I remember are closed/vanished/shit like Kayke.

Pepstar might be an idea too, but her lines are a lot less clean and her stuff reminds me of semi-skilled Fashion Doll repaints. Looks more grungy western:
http://www.pepstarsworld.com/commission-gallery.html
>>
>>6414746
PS: I mean, Culur and all those other Andreja clones do make-up inspired face-ups too, but especially Culur is someone I honestly wouldn't support, same for Rakeru Sensei.
Darjeeling is mostly closed, so Raquel is probably your best bet if you want someone that is skilled and available.
>>
>>6414371
youre welcome! i suggested them because i know they are both capable of that high glamour look kayke does but are actually decent artists and good business people. i've never heard a negative thing about either of them as far as i can remember.
>>
>>6414737
Elfgutz I kind of get because of her derranged following, but how do people like glossy gore or iza get away with it?
>>
>>6414746

Spain has one of the worst postal systems only tied with Italy for its corrupt ways. I wouldnt mail a head I cared about there.
>>
>>6414931
Glossy has the same deranged following and is friends with Pintsized.
A year in the hobby and already has 18000+ Instagram followers (Angeltoast has less than 3000 for comparison). Doubt she is very popular out of that circle though.

>>6414951
I so far had no issues shipping there (granted from Europe and always with tracking). Getting stuff from there is mixed, would never go for the cheapest shipping. So far everything arrived, sometimes just with a delay.
>>
File: consume flesh.jpg (45KB, 342x960px) Image search: [Google]
consume flesh.jpg
45KB, 342x960px
I love the way she's tenderly looking at this foetus sized baby like she's going to fucking eat it
>>
>>6415107
Why?
>>
>>6414547
>>6414619
lol someone finally pointed out Code Noir's name, i was always kind of wtf about it too. I guess since they aren't that known, being just a clothing company, it didn't come to people's attention. Seems like a tacky name choice all the same.

>>6414931
>>6415093
I never liked elfgutz or pintsize at all, but glossy's work appeals to me, it seems like the least repulsive possible version of the 'tired and grungy' aesthetic. She is friends with pintsize, though? Why? makes me wary of her even if i don't mind the dolls
>>
>>6415107
The fact that the fetus is present outside her body but still very obviously as a fetus and not a full baby is...disturbing.
>>
File: 7863583708_c43f208bde_o.jpg (282KB, 515x774px) Image search: [Google]
7863583708_c43f208bde_o.jpg
282KB, 515x774px
>>6415247
>Code Noir
I guess it's just too obscure for most people? And I doubt that they aren't known, Code Noir are the original owners of Dollheart before they got pushed out of their own company a while ago.

>>6415247
>Glossy
All her stuff is smeared brown pastels and more brown pencils, and while it is the least bad of the three mentioned it's still not good at all. Just looks dirty and like typical newbie stuff with added "hurrdurr my dolls are stoners, get it" background.
But Insta is a weird community anyway.

>>6415107
Is...is that a new release from AoD? Those guys still sculpt new dolls?

Also I get that you tend to be drugged out of your mind while giving birth, but why the forced teethy smile?
>>
File: isis_38.jpg (468KB, 900x662px) Image search: [Google]
isis_38.jpg
468KB, 900x662px
>>6415275
It's news to me that the Codenoir people used to own Dollheart, I thought they were just a random new clothes company which happened to have quality and detail comparable to DH. Any more info about that drama?

They do have nice clothes and seem decently popular for a growing, standalone company, but I don't think anon is too far off base saying they're less known. A full-scale, longtime doll company called the same thing would probably get more flack for it, along the lines of when companies do nazi outfits and things (or when some complete morons outbirked over Iplehouse Isis' sculpt name lol)
>>
>>6415275
AoD is always a mystery to me. Their dolls are just so fucking awful. If you ever see a group photo with an old CP Luts doll next to its AoD clone, the difference is night and day. It's like putting a 1970s trailer house next to Versailles.
>>
File: 1wolfman-3.jpg (94KB, 500x671px) Image search: [Google]
1wolfman-3.jpg
94KB, 500x671px
>>6415354
i will always remember fondly their masterpiece, Jurgis the constipated wolfman
>>
>>6414547
This person is in my local BJD comm and is thirsty for drama. She bragged about bringing it up to them in the comm. I doubt she actually is concerned about it.
>>
>>6415337
From what I understood, the clothing designers that used to work for DH (and now work for/own Code Noir) left the company because the CEO, shareholders, and manufacturers of DollHeart clothing claimed they were shutting down. After the DH designers left and started Code Noir, the Doll Heart manufacturers kept producing new outfits, which were actually old, back-logged designs originally created by what is now known as Code Noir.

TLDR: The CEO and designers of DH got tricked into giving up the company to their manufacturer.
>>
>>6415337
What >>6415409 said.
Code Noir had actually made an announcement about it in the past, but I am on mobile right now and can't find it.

It's also the reason why the two are design-wise kinda similar, when you look how the photos are taken and of course the clothes themselves.

While we are at it, somehow I cannot reach the Dollheart website anymore. Or is that just me?
>>
File: CodeNoirFB.png (176KB, 1679x828px) Image search: [Google]
CodeNoirFB.png
176KB, 1679x828px
>>6415447
Ha, found at least a DoA post where someone had posted what one of the designers had written on their FB.
Attached a screenshot.
Confirms again what >>6415409 already said.
>>
>>6415447
Their website has always been weird for me, sometimes accessing the front page directly will give an error or unsafe website notice.

It's still up, though. Try going directly to the page for some outfit or through a link from google search.
>>
>>6415477
That's what I did, but then I am all of a sudden re-directed to some weird, non-doll related website.

Just tried it again and after some loooong loading times I am able to see the DH page. Very odd.
>>
>>6415409
>shareholders
what the fuck, Dollheart has SHAREHOLDERS?! it would honestly have stretched my belief to find even Volks or Soom were traded
>>
>>6415486
Read the screenshot here >>6415463
Shareholder is/was in this case the manufacturer himself.

Basically CEO Pasu (shareholder 1) was tricked by manufacturer (shareholder 2). They were pretty much in the hand of shareholder 2 who had decided to shut DH down, and thus they todecided to leave and do their own thing (Code Noir).

Just turned out that shareholder 2 had never planned to really close DH. They just had stopped manufacturing and withholded stuff till DH was in their hand.
>>
>>6414547
Interestingly, I know Code Noir is offensive to some, but that's only because I've been told before it's offensive.
I don't think people from countries like Australia would even know about it because it isn't entirely pertinent to our history, if my research is correct.

>>6414766
Glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't support Rakeru.
Also her name pisses me off.
>>
>>6415903
>>6414766

Enlighten us ignorant folks, what did Rakeru do?
>>
>>6416120
Dunno about >>6414766 but I don't support her coz she supports recasts, or did in the past, and worked on recasts to get famous like a lot of Andreja knock offs do.
>>
>>6414766
I'm out of the loop here, can you please explain why you are opposed to culur?
>>
File: culur.png (632KB, 904x544px) Image search: [Google]
culur.png
632KB, 904x544px
>>6416199
http://raps-toybox.tumblr.com/post/127344918234
http://truebjdconfessions.tumblr.com/tagged/culur

> consistent liar
> consistently covers up her lies by deleting as much evidence as she can
> Posted recasts on DoA
> Tried to sell a recast without disclosing it was recast, and would only tell people after they messaged her.
> Used nail polish on this doll
> Pro-recast until she got famous, like all Andreja clones
>hosted a contest, disappeared (possibly with prizes)
> Publicly stated she collaborated with Angel Toast on a faceup, then deleted the post when people contacted AT and she had no knowledge of this supposed collaboration

https://youtu.be/kJ81TAFjuuQ?t=7m11s

> was commissioned to blush a Sio2 Bleater
> ignored the commissioners directions,
> took 5 months to do what little blushing she did

To name a few reasons...
Links posted for verification and further reading.
>>
File: culur.png (520KB, 570x572px) Image search: [Google]
culur.png
520KB, 570x572px
>>6416210
Also she sold a doll she sculpted without casting it to work out the kinks before the sale, and is now understandably having problems as a result.

Not only issues with the caster because she supposedly asked a student at her college to cast the doll to save money, but the doll not working well because she didn't cast then fix structural isses, but that's more of a personal dislike rather than a public reason to find her distasteful.
>>
>>6416210
>>6416215
Thank you, that was informative.
>>
>>6416210
I will never understand why people are so drawn to nail polish as a craft material. It's SHIT on anything except nails, and 95% of polishes are shit on nails, too. It never cures 100% hard. It's a goopy mess. But people have to use it.
>>
>>6416454
>>6416210

I was stupid once and used nail polish as gloss on a recast. Was like 'well it can't hurt it's a recast' right? Now a couple years later you can see there in the sample place the nailpolish touched, even over pastel, the resin has yellowed like highlighter. Big blotches inside a pukifee mouth.
>>
>>6416454
I will admit i tried using quick dry top coat as a way to make the domes in a pair of eyes for my bjds, but that was more an experiment while waiting for my actial materials to arrive and I didnt ruin someones doll in the process.
>>
Speaking of Culur, loving these photos because they show off how anatomically incorrect her doll is, those short arms barely reach her hips!
>>
>>6417589
She did that on purpose though, or at least she reacted very "I want it that way!" when people commented on it.

Also >that filthy Tamagotchi.
At least give it a wipe before.
>>
>>6417589
it's cute.
but there is lillycat if you want something similar without having to deal with someone notoriously shady.
>>
File: 1431805492143.png (116KB, 342x324px) Image search: [Google]
1431805492143.png
116KB, 342x324px
Why do people get so offended when you mistake their long haired, booty-short clad, female-face sculpt doll turned into a boy, for a girl? Isn't that what they're aiming for?

I made this mistake twice last weekend, and both times I was glared at until I apologized.
>>
>>6418798
Not sure, but this has been a thing in the hobby since I joined, and that was back in 2006. BJDs were the original fakebois.
>>
>>6418798
> Isn't that what they're aiming for?

Nope. Most of them are not supposed to be traps, so mistaking them for a girl is not their goal.

At least back then (like >>6418848 mentioned) it clearly was more of a "Bishonen aesthetic" thing, especially because the first dolls were still very anime looking and even the guys were not really manly at all.

Not sure if that's really still the thing nowadays with something like the abused glitter-uke-bois that dress like child sluts, but the point is definitely that it's a guy and not a girl and that it should be acknowledged as such. The why can be anything from some weird fetishization thing to power bullshit (since no regular guy would dress and act like that), especially when the abuse thing is tacked on top.
If you label the doll as girl the concept loses the purpose, if that makes sense.
>>
>>6418941
Adding:
>The why can be anything from some weird fetishization thing to power bullshit

That's of course just speculation from me, but I always thought it was a little odd how thirsty some of them are to show abused boys in feminine outfits.
>>
>>6418941
>>6418943
I always got the impression that that's part of the attraction some girls have for certain sub-genres BL, too. The whole power-play dynamic and the "romance" of an abusive relationship. I couldn't talk about anime or BJDs with one friend for years because she fell into a really creepy rabbithole of shouta BL bullshit, which resulted in her buying a bunch of creepy little-boy dolls to enact her fantasties.
>>
>>6417589
>those agonized arthritis claws
>disgusting deformed calves
>that face
it's a disaster
>>
>>6419437
Also the kankles, which, just, no.
>>
File: IMG_9408.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9408.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Smartdolls are pretty cute irl
>>
>>6419647
did Choo beat that lady up for saying SDs are flatfaces?
>>
>>6419647
I wonder why he stopped at 4 feet. Go all out and make it five foot three and put an onna hole in it.
>>
>>6419736

He needs to a knowledge it. Just look at that pic she's so fucking flat faced.
>>
>>6419896
People always try to defend them by saying "DDs also have flat faces!", but Smart Dolls really are just a whole new level of flat.
>>
File: profile comp.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
profile comp.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>6420050
This. I grabbed one of the first pics off image search and it's really obvious even when the dollfie isn't in proper profile.
>>
>>6420244
The one one the right is the new Smart Doll, isn't it? The one with the weird puffy mouth?
>>
>>6420244
God they are so
unappealing
>>
>>6420244
Wow, never really knew what people meant when they said Mirai has a flat face but wtf. Like her lips are barely sculpted and mostly just painted on, and her eye sockets don't look like they belong to the head either.

>>6420949
Yes, left is Mirai and right is actually Kurenai, so it's two Smartdolls that are being compared.
Weirdly enough, from the front Mirai looks cuter while Kurenai looks weird.
>>
>>6420244
Has anyone seen Chitose in profile?
>>
>>6421272
Sadly, I have not. I've asked owners for pictures but they either took offense or just couldn't be bothered, so I never got replies.
>>
>>6421133
Mirai is like an upscaled anime 1/6th with eyeholes.
>>
>>6414371
Really late to the party, but I've had faceups done by AngelToast and she was fantastic to work with, as well as flexible. She's always exceeded expectations in the times I've commissioned her.

>>6416215
>Not only issues with the caster because she supposedly asked a student at her college to cast the doll to save money,
Wait a sec.. is this truth? (because I made some weird speculation along those lines and it was just speculation) She finally blabbed the caster's name on IG and that they worked with plastics for toys and not resin for BJDs. She's getting too old to pull the "I'm young and retarded" card.

>>6418798
This is one part of the hobby I wish would die. It's been like this since I've been in the hobby in '03ish, but the excuse back then was there weren't enough boy clothes out there (which was mostly true).

>>6421281
Maybe cheetose anon will come back and deliver. I dunno, we kinda scared him back to >>>/jp/
>>
File: Erys Caster.png (71KB, 1033x507px) Image search: [Google]
Erys Caster.png
71KB, 1033x507px
>>6421314
>She finally blabbed the caster's name on IG
Sorry, took me a bit to find where, but jesus her followers scream entitlement.
>>
>>6421314
>Wait a sec.. is this truth?
That was the main rumour going around for a while, but I've no caps of where it was mentioned. Was it you? Haha

Honestly though, from the looks of it, it's almost the same thing.
Someone who isn't doing it professionally (like Harucasting) attempting their first (probably) external order and struggling to make products of a good quality in a timely manner.

I almost feel bad for the caster working with Culur, she'll be crucified by her rabid fans.
>>
File: sherylside.jpg (96KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
sherylside.jpg
96KB, 533x800px
>>6420949
I only noticed just now, yeah. It's funny since Mirai is actually cute from the front while the one on the right is kinda odd. Here's one of an actual DD to compare better.
>>
>>6422298
IMO the problem is Kurenai's muzzle doesn't intersect with the forehead at the right angle. It's like the lower face has been rotated down on the ball of the skull. Volks took the time and past fails to get it right.
>>
Would like to rant for a second because I "sold" my last SD after downsizing to almost out of the hobby to my friend, who is now my roommate. She was supposed to pay me in installments but never made any except for like $30 when I first handed him over. I'm getting ready to move out and I'm trying to think of the best way to just up and leave with my doll. The poor thing has been sitting on a shelf collecting dust in the same pose for a year. A $500 sale down the drain. I just want him back at this point. I have to dust him off and brush his hair aside every time I walk by him to make it seem like someone cares.

Also, feel free to blast me but I have a recast MNF I got during my "I hate fairyland and everything they stand for but minifees are cute, god damn it" phase but I don't really feel up to keeping him. Are recasts still worth bothering to sell? How are people getting rid of them?
>>
>>6422666
Same anon, I've been pretty much out of the hobby or at least buying anything new for a couple years, so my knowledge is outdated. Please forgive a technical newfag. Used to browse /toy/ a long time ago but I abandoned y'all.
>>
>>6422666
Man I'd just grab him as you leave. If your roommate even sees you do it, either tell them to fuck off or pay you the rest of what's owed. Or just book it out of there. Just don't let them screw you over anon.
>>
>>6422666
They don't own the doll if they haven't paid for it. Don't be a pushover. Do what >>6422732 is saying. You can refund her the $30 or whatever she paid you if you feel guilty.

I don't think recasts are worth anything these days. Best bet is to donate it to Goodwill or something and at least get a tax write-off for it.
>>
>>6422666
I would just throw down $30 and take the doll, because there's 0% chance of anybody paying in full of they've had it free for months.
>>
>>6422666
If its a legit doll give the money back and take the doll. If its a recast, throw it in the trash if you want to participate seriously in the hobby, otherwise it will stay with you forever and get you banned from DoA.
>>
>>6422817
Recasts won't really get you banned, but posting your recasts will.
>>
>>6422666
There are Facebook groups where you can get rid of the Recast pretty easily, especially when it's a MNF.
Wouldn't donate it, recasts should never end up somewhere where down the drain they can go to someone who isn't informed.

Regarding the other doll, take it with you. They never paid for it, so just refund the 30$ and it's 100% yours again.
>>
>>6422732
>>6422743
>>6422751
>>6422817
>>6423023
Thanks anons, I joined a sales group so hopefully i can drop him on someone and be done with it! The one group i used to be a part of moved exclusively to a forum and i can hardly bother with them anymore. I cant even remember the last time i was on DoA to be honest.

The doll with my roommate is legit, the only SD i really put effort into. My roommate and i cosplay as well and she really only wanted a doll because i had them and i guess some cosplayers she looks up to all have at least one. Ive been dropping hints to her fiancee that she still hasnt paid me for him so hopefully the blow is less of a "bitch give me my money or my doll" and more of a "we both know this isnt the hobby for you" and i can just leave with him.
>>
>>6422666
1: Will the ex-roommate even miss it if it's gone?

2: I would probably put the $30 in the spot the doll was sitting and maybe they'd take the hint.

>>6422817
Eh, there are quite a few popular people out there that formerly had recasts and went legit. Winonaflamery was one. If you to flaunt it like "RECAST MASTER RACE" or deceptively post your recast on DoA (like Culur) you'll likely be b&. It's annoyingly taboo, but not the end of the world.
>>
>>6422817

As long as you never post your recast you won't get banned. How would people even now they had it?
>>
>>6423784
There are three ways to get banned on DoA in regards to recasts:
>post them
>really praise them
>link to a place where you show etc. your recasts
The first two are obvious, but when you for example have a link to your blog in your signature, and in said boogie you post your recasts and talk about how great they are etc. that can you get banned too. DoA has a zero tolerance policy, mostly in regards to leading people (in whatever way) to recasts.

Just owning them won't get you banned. As long as you keep your recasts and DoA 100% separate.
>>
>>6423902
>boogie

Thanks autocorrect. Meant blog of course.
>>
>>6419647
I like them too anon.
I want to throw my money to that embarrassing weab that is living the dream.
>>
How can she be using paint but still have it look grainy like cheap pencil
>>
>>6424617
Sometimes I wonder how people here's standards can be so high. . . and yet sometimes so low.
>>
>>6424617
it looks good.
>>
>>6424626
>milk beard up to the nose
>crusty thick and uneven blue eyeshadow
>smeared eyelid line
>>
File: 1494201028109.jpg (29KB, 753x601px) Image search: [Google]
1494201028109.jpg
29KB, 753x601px
I'm a noob with this whole DoA screening process business, what do I have to do to be able to view "workshop" subforum? Does it have the same "40 posts and 2 months wait" requirement as the marketplace?
>>
>>6424656
Maybe a silly question, but are you logged in, anon?
Workshop is not visible when logged out (unlike some other subforums).

I just looked around and there should be no special requirement for it (like the MP).
>>
>>6424656
There shouldn't be a waiting process for the workshop. You get instant access.

Unless you're talking about the customizer/commission subforum of the marketplace. That one you get with regular marketplace privileges
>>
>>6424669
>>6424671
I logged out and in again and now I can see it, w-whoops. Sorry for being dumb.
>>
>>6424786
No biggie anon.

For some reason the damn cat photo you posted makes me chuckle whenever I open the thread though.
>>
File: lookatdatuglywig.jpg (969KB, 700x1258px) Image search: [Google]
lookatdatuglywig.jpg
969KB, 700x1258px
newfag here, trying to sell this doll.
Can somebody give advice as to adequate pricing for a single jointed doll that's almost 10 years old? Also, his face-up was damaged by the previous owner. It's been sitting in its box since I bought it from Japan, never did anything with the doll, apart from taking sales photos.
>>
>>6425042
What sculpt is it and how much did you pay for it? I usually take between 5-10% off what I paid depending on the condition of the doll and ballpark how much shipping will be and include it in my sale price ("free shipping" usually reels in more interest).
>>
>>6425058
Thanks for the answer.
It's a Volks standard SD Kanata and I paid 40000Yen + 8000yen shipping.
>>
>>6425095
Looks like the average on DoA for that sculpt is around $700 (one for sale at $600 and one just sold for $680, another for sale at $800), I'm sure if yours is still in good condition you could get a good $650 for it considering the faceup is damaged.
>>
>>6425197
>>6425095

Old Standards just aren't in demand anymore. I don't pay any more than $300 for these old Volks standards. no one wants them
>>
>>6424617
The waterline of the lower lid needs some color so it doesn't blend with the eye itself. Eyeshadow's pretty sloppy too. Upper lip definition overdone (as usual).

>>6425042
kek at filename
Going off Mandy, I'm seeing 35k-50k yen. (the 27k one has damage, it looks like, so I'm not going to count it)
DoA seems to be hovering around $600ish in the sold archive. Some nut currently has one up for $800 on a SD13 body, but who knows.

I would say $500 (worldwide shipping included).
>>
File: holyfuck.png (439KB, 804x597px) Image search: [Google]
holyfuck.png
439KB, 804x597px
Mirodoll finally got around to casting Sicktress' long-awaited muscular girl and HAHAHAHA HOLY FUCK

also i love that since people mostly don't know it was sculpted by an independant western artist they feel free to bag on it in comments. hoping sicktress gets to read some of these so she knows how bad she fucked up the anatomy in case she tries again.
>>
File: miromuscle.png (8KB, 302x91px) Image search: [Google]
miromuscle.png
8KB, 302x91px
>>6425427
People loathe this thing.
>>
File: 543.png (21KB, 440x243px) Image search: [Google]
543.png
21KB, 440x243px
>>6425427
I checked their FB, where people are generally of course nicer but also still pretty honest.

Last comment made me chuckle though.
The body really hasn't changed much since it was first teased.
>>
>>6425427
well there's not a single redeeming thing about this
>>
>>6425427
Sometimes you fuck up on something so bad that there is no fixing. You have to restart. This is one of those things.
>>
>>6425427
Man I don't have beef with sicktress or anything, but d a m n girl that looks horrid. The proportions are terrible, shoulders look silly, top torso is just too big and wrong. I could go on an on.
>>
>>6425427
Has anybody got screen caps of somebody saying this is JUST PERFECT FOR MUH OC CHARACTER yet? It's ugly as sin, it's cheap, so you know damn well somebody is champing at the bit to buy it.
>>
>>6426578
>OC CHARACTER
ah yes, muh original character character
>>
>>6426686
ORIGINAL OC CHARACTER (C) ME
Do not steal.
>>
File: test.png (415KB, 470x597px) Image search: [Google]
test.png
415KB, 470x597px
>>6425427
Gave a shot trying to shop this to look more anatomically correct but it's almost impossible to liquify shit into place without deforming the limbs. I'm no anatomy expert, I just wanted to see it look less disastrous haha

PS: I couldn't/didn't fix the abs (too lazy zzzzzz), so I'm sorry if anyone wanted that salvaged haha.
>>
>>6427829
It looks so much better after just those simple changes. God sicktress was lazy as shit with this thing
>>
>>6427829
>
yeah still looks so strange, but def less of a disaster then the original. good job fixing that mess.
>>
>>6427829
Good effort. The hips, waist and shoulders on the actual doll are the biggest issue, I think. Even muscular bodies have a pelvic girdle ffs.
>>
>>6427829
I figured out what those abs look like. It's like its belly fat was squeezed together with duct tape and a string was wrapped around.
>>
I don't get why pepole decide to make "muscular" dolls and then give them twig arms

Looking at you miro doll lady and iplehouse HID ladies.
>>
>>6425504
I like how psp liked this post, there's some irony in it.
Maybe she'll fix her own horrific sculpting seeing how people reacted to this.
>>
>>6425427
That looks so horrendous, holy crap. The waist is waaaaay too thin, shoulders look way off, and the chestpiece is entirely too high.

Wasn't this the sculpt that was teased awhile back and people jumped on the bandwagon to give constructive criticism to help move it forward? If it is, it really doesn't look much different compared to when it was in that stage.

>>6427829
That already looks way better though, the hips and shoulders look a lot more natural here! This tells me either the original sculptor has no clue how anatomy works, or is just super lazy.
>>
>>6428371
>If it is, it really doesn't look much different compared to when it was in that stage.
I see litterally zero changes compared to Sicktress' first photos of the sculpt. She really ignored every single piece of advice and sent it off to the company like that...baka, I've lost respect for her and see her as Kayke tier lazy after this.
>>
>>6428479
>baka
Well i discovered a new autofilter today.

>>6428248
Sicktress undoubtedly saw the whole Kayke Koffee thing go down and didn't learn enought to fix this body before getting it cast, though, so...unlikely. Everybody thinks they're the special one who won't fuck it up and will make a perfect doll on the first try.
>>
What experiences have you guys had putting 65cm heads on 60cm bodies? There's so many heads i like but theyre all 65cm and up and i dont want something that big.

Alternatively, i suck it up and get something 65cm, what shops have decent clothes for that size?
>>
>>6428479
According to her posts the arms and legs are mirodolls so she literally had one job to make the torso work
>>
>>6428641
It's probably better to go by head circumference and neck width than height. A lot of 65cm dolls have teeny tiny heads these days, but then there are some companies like Dollstown with huge heads.
>>
File: DSC_0007.jpg (296KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0007.jpg
296KB, 650x650px
please ignore the fact that flash makes the fibers of this wig look horrendous but i got my dollbakery eyes in. she ships out quickly if they are one of the pairs she randomly puts up on fridays. i think they look pretty good in her! the color is called Nova. its blue, purple and pink tricolor.
>>
Someone go in Sicktress' inbox and tell her to look at the instagram post about her sculpt...I can't, I use my tumblr username to sell shit and last thing I need is to resign myself to guppykisses status with drama. But one of yall probably doesn't care.
>>
Protip, if you're having trouble finding more than a few owner pics or the ones you're finding are...badly styled, then (unless the doll has just come out or something) you can usually find several more nice ones which wouldn't normally turn up in sites of English-language sites by puzzling out where the bjdclub.ru discussion thread of the company is.

Just dug up a bunch of great new pics of the Supia girls after failing to find that as many as i wanted on flickr/DoA.
>>
>>6429533
>sites of English-language sites
oops i mean searches of english-language sites
>>
>>6428988
That doll looks like a really beautiful fullset. It's that cohesive and perfect. It's always a treat when you post her.

>>6429059
I mean sure, but what do I say?
>>
>>6429059

that sounds dumb and i doubt anyone cares enough
>>
File: trash_nowavailableinthreecolors.jpg (182KB, 1024x1013px) Image search: [Google]
trash_nowavailableinthreecolors.jpg
182KB, 1024x1013px
>>6429059
>>6429592
Don't tumblogs usually have an anonymous ask option like ask.fm? I can't find it on Sicktress' blog, though.
Maybe write telling her to look at shell_bea's instagram post of the body and read people's comments.

>>6429600
Well i mean she might sculpt better or finish more projects in the future if she reads some of the comments and gets a reality check? Though Kayke used to come on here and knows how we all feel about her lazy work, and she doesn't seem to have grown a sense of shame from it, so.
>>
>>6429643
Jesus christ that's fucking gross looking
>>
I'm kinda sad now. I just noticed an unevenly yellowed patch on my doll's upper torso. Because the lighting in my flat is really bad, it literaly took me a year to notice it's even there:(
Now, I'm thinking about selling her but that yellowed patch will turn her worthless in the eyes of any potential buyer... (she's second hand and not a popular sculpt).
>>
File: DSC_0009.jpg (250KB, 650x653px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0009.jpg
250KB, 650x653px
>>6429592
Aw thanks anon. I really need to buy her more clothes, she basically has just one outfit. Here's another shitty pic of her to show that her wig actually looks decent without the flash. I recently restyled it.
>>
>>6430499
She's so cute, anon.
>>
>>6430459

if you like the doll why not keep her? surely clothing would hide the patch for now?
>>
>>6430499
I like your doll's faceup and I can tell you've put a lot of time and thought into her. I just think the wig is too shiny and cheap looking, but I imagine getting a better rainbow wig of the right shades was difficult. Regardless of my issues with the wig, your effort shows.
>>
>>6430701
thanks!

>>6431657
the wig looks way better in person and not under bright lights. i actually made it, but yeah the fibers are really crazy shiny. the hairs are made from some sort of plant fiber called viscose
>>
File: frankie.jpg (154KB, 800x742px) Image search: [Google]
frankie.jpg
154KB, 800x742px
>>6431657
heres the wig in natural lighting. i really should have left it this length, but i ended up trimming it too much and then i had no choice but to make it a blunt bob. you live and you learn, i guess.
>>
>>6432171
I personally prefer the bob
really cool doll anon!
>>
>>6432157
Viscose on wigs! How interesting! So the main use that I personally know for viscose is as a synthetic silk fiber on Oriental rugs. Same look, wayyyy cheaper than the real deal, and it's a lot sturdier than regular silk too. I never thought that it would be used for wig fibers, but it all makes sense now. That's why your doll's wig reflects so much light by the way- it's imitaing the shininess of silk.
>>
>>6432171
You're definitely right, that picture looks better. I didn't know you made the wig - you did a really good job. You should make more for her. I think she would look cute with rainbow sidepart bangs but maybe this is the 'Rainbow Brite' nostalgia talking.
>>
File: DSC_0005.jpg (186KB, 550x581px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0005.jpg
186KB, 550x581px
>>6432742
thanks! i wanted to give her an A line cut but that shit just wasn't working. the wig actually has an undercut but it looks like shit when the hair is up

>>6432851
yeah i read about it being an alternative to suri alpaca for wigs, as its waaay cheaper and comes in wild colors. the only issues are, of course, the extreme shine under bright lights/flash, and you can't get it wet to style as wetness can kink up the fibers. luckily viscose like to stick to itself. another issue i have with it is that it likes to stay in whatever shape its pressed into, so if you use hair ties, clips, barrettes or whatever, the hair will get impressions/kinks/bends from them.

>>6432919
thanks, i intend to eventually but making wigs is a pain in the ass. the one thing i regret about this wig is that i didnt buy any pink hair to mix in.

i did recently make another wig, my first attempt at an up-do. the pics i took at night though so of course it looks like utter trash because of the flash.
>>
>>6433246
I love this little vampire so much. I remember seeing her after you first got her(or I think, it was when you had her in that awesome black dress)
>>
>>6433246
What sculpt is she? She's got a cute profile.

(I'm thinking a molded fairyland but I'managed not overly familiar with their vampire/event heads)
>>
>>6434402
Looks more like Peakswood than Fairyland
>>
>>6434696
>>6434402
>>6433766

pretty sure it's a littlefee vamp woosoo but i'm no bfb
>>
File: chiwoovamp.jpg (177KB, 1024x924px) Image search: [Google]
chiwoovamp.jpg
177KB, 1024x924px
>>6433766
thanks brah, it was a long long delay before getting her a proper grown up body but im really happy i did. she's so dainty.

>>6434402 >>6434696
>>6434698
she's actually a littlefee dreaming vampire elf chiwoo event plate. i actually did mod the eyes slightly more open, but i agree she is basically a littlefee version of their mnf vampire elf woosoos, which is why i ordered at the time just to get the plate. they seem relatively rare, most people seemed to have gone for the vampire roly, which ended up being quite hideous in person imo.

i had to look around but i was able to find a pic of the plate unmodded and unpainted.
>>
File: received_1797968990514815.png (653KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
received_1797968990514815.png
653KB, 720x1280px
This doll looks like it has rabies with that "whipped cream" mouth.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170722-074032.png (2MB, 1440x1980px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170722-074032.png
2MB, 1440x1980px
>>6435250
>>
>>6435250
>>6435254
wtf. this person has skill and potential. why do they waste it on shit like this?
>>
>>6435250
>>6435254

This is such a gross aesthetic even when people do it. If westerners had come up with the glitter vomit trend nobody would like it but since glorious nippon did it first weaboos can't get enough.
>>
I haven't checked the bjd tag on instagram for a whole month and

GOOD God.

I don't know why I cant mark this as NSFW but here ya go lads.
>>
>>6437587
ah, the lovely texture of a shaved scrotum
>>
When people go to you guys' houses and see these dolls, do they ever comment on them? I'd like to get into these, but if people think it's really strange then I'll think twice about purchasing one
>>
>>6438174
If you're concerned about this being part of guests first impressions, I wouldn't recommend displaying them someplace like a living room or other places casual guests hang out. Mine are in my room and so are usually only seen by people who already know me and are vaguely aware I have a weird doll hobby.
>>
File: 3875294761_6b018af594_o.jpg (100KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
3875294761_6b018af594_o.jpg
100KB, 800x533px
>>6437587
/toy/ is a SFW board, that's why.
>>
>>6435384
I agree. It is tehpenguinofd00m tier.
>>
>>6438174
I rarely let strangers into my home, yet alone into the doll room.
Most people who visit me are friends (and thus into dolls themselves OR know me well enough), and I don't surround myself with people who talk shit about harmless hobbies. No comments there, but I have two friends who are scared shitless of dolls and thus just don't go into the room.

We bi-yearly get the heaters checked, but those guys usually don't care much. Still waiting for one who refuses to go in the room.

My doll room is very clean though and my dolls look classy and are standing in cabinets. Doubt people will react the same if you have a hoard of naked DDs standing inbetween your anime statues and pillows. Their comments still shouldn't make a difference though, as long as it's harmless and brings you joy just go for it.
>>
>>6437587
>>6439511
can someone tell me what anon posted, i'm dying of curiousity
>>
>>6440059
an ugly photo of a doll with a (handmade I assume) pen0r attached, posing in a "bondage gear" of shoelaces and the owner's comment about how cute he looks all tied up
>>
Maybe a weird question but does anyone here know a BJD sculpt with a face that resembles Pullip's brother Isul? I don't mean the disproportionately large size of the head but just a head with similar facial features.
>>
I'm falling in love with this little yokai, but really 570 for an unpainted 28cm doll? I don't know
>>
File: hurrr.jpg (415KB, 1337x1312px) Image search: [Google]
hurrr.jpg
415KB, 1337x1312px
My god he looks genuinelly mentally challenged, or like he has poor social skills and bad, smeared-saliva-drying-on-face breathe for sure (which considering all her characters are edgy drug addicts is probably accurate.) friggin glossy.gore at it again
>>
>>6442654
Was that a Holy Soseo? What a waste, either way.
>>
>>6442754
I'm pretty sure that's a Dojin
>>
>>6438174
I've had tradies make comments before when having electrical and plumbing work done, usually starting with alarm, but usually ending with mild admiration or just bemusement. They rarely say anything if they know you're listening, but our walls are paper-thin, so I can hear them from downstairs or the next room pretty easily.

Family are a bit more asshole-ish in general, but I don't take much my family says seriously, because they're always asshole-ish. My brother's wife thinks that having any sort of doll is inviting devils into your house (she's fucking nuts), so her daughters don't even get Barbies.
>>
>>6442654
unpopular opinion but I tend to think the Switch heads always look kinda drugged out. tho this one is particularly... ugh :/
>>
Dollzone's Summer Event dolls are so cute, oh man. I love this one especially.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170726-121848.jpg (514KB, 1071x1341px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170726-121848.jpg
514KB, 1071x1341px
Recast-anon from above again. How do you guys store your dolls? Once my crew is refreshed I want to invest in a couple SDs and display them in a decent setting instead of just kind of throwing them on a shelf. Saw this bookshelf in the tag and I'm impressed with how deep it is? If I could find this or similar it'd be ideal. Otherwise, I just wanna see your storage ideas!

>>6443236
Damn, my first doll was DZ and I've been a little disappointed in their work since Carter and the weird face-bats but this is super cute! They may have my heart once again.
>>
File: IMG_1110.jpg (102KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1110.jpg
102KB, 720x540px
Where can I get a kigurumi for my pure neemo?
>>
>>6443805
unrelated, but what the fuck are these cat peanut things I keep seeing everywhere, a mascot for something?
>>
>>6443794
My guess is, it's probably a PAX from IKEA. I just have a normal bookshelf like $19.99 at Walmart so I'm no help. But I also don't go bigger than MSD
>>
Is it possible to mix and match most heads and bodies from different companies assuming they're in the same scale?
>>
>>6443894
You'll have to be very of neck/neck hole sizes and skintones matching, but yeah, that's what hybrids are.
>>
>>6443975
>*wary
fug
>>
>>6443975
>>6443978
Ah, I see. thank you
>>
Wait is this who I think it is? Please tell me it's not.
>>
>>6444274
Oh no, I really could have lived without her coming back...let's see how long it will take for her to lose her shit again.

>>6443894
Most is pushing it a little, just watch and compare neck shape, neck size, neck hole of the head, shoulder width and skintone to make sure the match is good. Same scale alone won't work. Making good hybrids can be quite the task.

>>6443794
Mixture of Ikea Billy and Ikea Detolf, with the Detolfs standing on cabinets for more height. I only have SDs though and I like them to stand and be visible.
>>
>>6444274
>>6444420
Spill them beans anons.
>>
>>6444562
seconded. come on and don't leave us in suspense
>>
>>6444562
>>6444910

http://truebjdconfessions.tumblr.com/tagged/Tracy-Lynn
>>
>>6444274
OH NO

Somehow i thought TL was long since banhammered there, guess not
>>
File: THISGONBGUD.gif (1MB, 350x191px) Image search: [Google]
THISGONBGUD.gif
1MB, 350x191px
>>6444274
Did she really not think to at LEAST change her handle?
>>
>>6444562
>>6444910
Alright guys.
I was pretty active on DoD and Tumblr when the whole TL drama was, so I try to get together as much as possible.

First: TL has been a bit of a drama cow for many years already, originating on DevArt when she made shitty art.
She had a Encyclopedia Dramatica entry at one point, but it seems like it got taken down.
But here's a kiwifarms thread:
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/therealblacktruth-tracy-lynn-leah-patterson.14395/
Good post, the Tumblr link at the beginning is a good source too:
https://kiwifarms.is/threads/therealblacktruth-tracy-lynn-leah-patterson.14395/page-10#post-1090087

She's a very odd mix.
She has white edgy nazi OCs, but at the same time is all about that black pride. She claimed to be trans at one point, has an ED, throws anger fits etc.
She has a million accounts and constantly deletes them, which is why especially from her Tumblr days lots of entries vanished/can't be easily found anymore.

Let's get to the BJD part.
When she entered the hobby she had a Doll Chateau Colin named Seth. Even though she constantly went on about how poor her family is she got him as a gift from her mother. She started customizing him, posting him, the usual shit. It wasn't...good, but not super bad. He was a long haired anorexia transboi or some bullshit like that.
However, TL was all about that fame and praising and she constantly moaned and whined how she is being ignored by the community.
People were at first really nice to her, tried to give her tips on how to get along with a smaller budget, how to improve. But mostly told her to take a step back because she's still a newbie and it's about liking the doll, not the fame.
>>
>>6445628
Shit was a rollercoaster with her, because she went from "okay, you guys are right" back to "REEEE FUCKING WHITIES/RICH BITCHES" in the matter of a day. Because of course she was ignored not because she was a newbie with a mediocre looking doll but because she is black/trans/poor/whatever. By the way, in the end it turned out that she did receive nice asks, but that she never posted them.
She also started leaving passive aggressive comments underneath other people's pictures (basically outlining how jealous she is) and after a while the community was just fed up with her. I still remember when she posted a picture of her threatening to destroy her doll with a scissor. Good times.

She got a lot of confessions made about her and of course anon hate. This was turned up to eleven when people found out about her internet history.
She slowly turned into a lolcow because she never knew when to fucking stop and because some trolls really had fun with her.

DoD of course talked about her too, and one day she made an account and posted there because she obsessively stalks the web to find people who talk about her.
People tried to be civilized with her but she kept on being a cunt. There was quite some controversy about her spraying MSC around her nephew and telling people it's not bad for your health. DoD in the end donated money for every time she kept on spewing that bullshit.

Some of the shit was cruel, but she really did everything to stay interesting.
After she got herself banned from TBC she made her own confession blog to see if people would send something in about her.
Due to her constantly flopping between "I have changed, forgive me guys" and "FUCK YOU ALL" lots of people reached the point where they honestly didn't give a damn about her anymore.
Numerous people told her to take a step back from the hobby and come back more mature someday.
>>
>>6445637
Oh, she also hated elfgutz (probably because she's shit too but got popular?), and trolled her a lot. She had a social experiment (or whatever) Tumblr where she acted all like a rascist white person and reblogged tan dolls with rascist tags, to see if people would complain. They did, but somehow she still thought it was proof we were all cool with rascism from white people.

Now shit get's a little hazy, bear with me.
She did indeed take a step back from the BJD hobby in the end, but I think then the whole black power bullshit started.
Anyway, things did get really quiet about her in the end.
She actually posts in the Kiwifarms thread too and is surprisingly calm most of the time.

Thing is, she has no chance. There is so much shit about her online and most people prefer to keep her at arm's length because she has proven too often that her calm and "I changed" attitude is fake or that she really wants to, but simply cannot keep her shit together.
It's also not just some teenager who had one, two rebellious years on DevArt and is now a stable adult. She has been going at this for too many years already and alienated many communites and people.
I mean, she made a calm, normal post on DoA and we are already digging out the old shit about her again.
Even if she had a different name and would act all normal sooner or later someone would connect the dots again and people would lash onto her. She can't win anymore.

That's it for now guys. Read the Kiwifarms thread.
>>
>>6445645
Back when she was relevant, I ALMOST felt bad for her.
But she really did do everything in her power to make sure she was still the centre of attention like she wanted to be.
I remember her video where she was literally just screaming and "crying" into the microphone about how horrible the BJD comm is.
She has a lot attached to her, she'll never get accepted in this hobby until she grows up.
>>
File: tumblr_mn7nwhldQX1spyrpyo1_500.jpg (39KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mn7nwhldQX1spyrpyo1_500.jpg
39KB, 500x333px
>>6444274
Yknow the crazy thing though?
Because she was so prominent for a period of time, she's actually the reason I added a DC doll to my wishlist. I hadn't heard of the company before her.
I ended up liking the whole, pretty girl with dainty limbs and super magical long hair aesthetic (even tho hers was a boy)

Have some nostalgia
>>
>>6445736
I kinda feel the same way, her photography was impressive to me because I kind of like that whole low-contrast look; not to mention I was (and still am) so damn tired of seeing the same up-nose shots from newbies and my own comm.

Pretty disappointing that she ended up being nuts, she had potential for a good crew.
>>
>>6445863
Same here, I felt that her photography was nice and she had pretty ways of photographing her dolls. She actually made a good start with her faceups as well.
>>
>>6445713
Same.
I am all for second chances, but she got a million ones AND proved more than once that something is definitely wrong with her. Doubt she will ever truly change.

>>6445863
>>6445889
She was one of those newbies that started out with the right feeling for it. She wasn't good, but at least not "Resinsoul fur wig clusterfuck bullshit with sharpies" bad, but because she wasn't famous right away it all meant nothing to her.
>>
>>6438174
Mine are p much the first visible thing in my house but being as the second is a gun safe it's usually not the thing they comment on. Ive found though that having them in a clean attractive display instead of just chilling on a shelf makes a difference in how people react.
>>
>>6443794
I just have one MSD right now. She sits on a chair on the corner of my desk.
>>
>>6443794
Mine sit on top of a dresser and adjacent wall shelving.. but I'll be honest, it's not cute.
Ideally, I'll have a display case, or at least a shelving unit dedicated to them someday, but my favorite will probably have a special chair on my desk like >>6446535 has. Back before I shared a room with my S.O, they had their own shelf diorama, and a small couch on my desk to have my favorite one(s) keep me company.
>>
>>6443794
I have them on top of a book shelf. Most are small and displayed in their nicest outfit in a pose. One has a room box and the other room box is still being made
>>
How is cross compatibility with Blythe clothes on pureneemo bodies?
>>
>>6447682
Mostly good.
I have all my Blythe heads on PN bodies and buy clothes for them made for Blythe, PN and Pullip.
The body closest in measurements to the original Blythe one is the S size PN.
Blythe clothes on the bigger bodies might fit not as well (especially the LL with the big breasts).

Pullip is a different beast. They are very long and thinner, but generally dresses fit well (I have several of the Lolita themed dresses).
Anything where length is important (tights, socks, dresses) will be longer on the PN.

Pullip shoes sadly don't fit on the PN bodies.
Blythe shoes I can't really tell because I don't have many from Takara themselves, but they mostly fit too. Just be careful with those soft vinyl boots, once lost a foot in there and it was a pain in the ass to get it out again.
>>
>>6447682
Excellent, especially if you're talking about handmade clothes on Etsy. Most Blythe owners rebody with Pure Neemo bodies. This is actually SO common that half of the items marked "for Blythe" on Etsy actually picture a Blythe with a Pure Neemo body. It's great. The Blythe community is super creative so you can find any style.
>>
>>6447682
neemos have bigger butts, so pants/shorts/etc made specifically for default blythe bodies may not fit. If you want to sew shit yourself, patterns for blythes fit neemos pretty well (except for the aforementioned butt issues).
>>
>>6447838
>>6447721
Oh that's great!

How about Barbie clothes on azone?
>>
Anyone else feeling a bit "meh" about a lot of the stuff in the bjd community?
I've been in this hobby since 2008 and I just feel like I've seen everything

Can anyone recommend me some really unique instagrams or flickrs because I'm just so bored of everything these days
>>
>>6449468
Same here. I moved on from the hobby and just visit here once in a blue moon for the drama. I still love my dolls and keep them but I'm completely bored with everything BJD related.
>>
>>6448856
Barbie clothes has been so trash lately that it's a toss-up if a new Barbie outfit will even fit on Barbie, let alone another doll. Stuff from the 90s is a bit loose, but it fits.
>>
I saw another anon mention it before, so if anyone is going to Resin Rose or the more general (and generally more full of vendors) doll show the week after in Portland next month, I live like down the street and would be up for a chill meetup for coffee or whatever at the mall across from the show.
>>
File: 29554835321_783092983e_o.jpg (504KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
29554835321_783092983e_o.jpg
504KB, 1000x664px
>>6449468
I feel like that when I think about buying dolls.
I never was a big shopper, but I still have one/two characters I'd like to shell.
But there is nothing released anymore that I like or don't own in some way already. Like, if I already have X dolls from a company I really don't need more from them and I hate the frenchie inspired style of wide hips/tiny tits girls.

However, I surrounded myself with people I like and am now at a point I finally have enough experience to start creating things I actually like. And the aesthetic I enjoy is done by so many skilled people I don't lack inspiration.
It's just annoying that most of the comm is nowadays dominated by basic bitch MNFs and Pastelgore Bois.
>>
>>6449468
I feel like the past few years saw the community's quality deteriorate. I miss it..
>>
>>6455208
I think the quality in the community has definitely declined. It's harder to find inspiration, a lot of owners with nicely styled or visually pleasing dolls have either left the hobby completely or just pulled away and become awol.

Not that it isn't understandable, thetc community seems more spread out and more of an echo chamber now than it has not the past.
>>
>>6455208
>>6456187

We had a discussion about this a thread or two ago as well...how some of us dislike how the community is now/miss how it was before on certain sites. Does anyone here actually share their doll photos/content on currently used platforms like Instagram, Tumblr, etc?

Also, I'm thinking about starting a doll youtube...what do you people like to see in doll videos? comfy update chats? character stories? I personally love dolly videos but there aren't many people regularly making them anymore.
>>
>>6457480
I have a separate instagram for my dolls because my main account is all cosplay. I can't even remember the last time I was on tumblr let alone my last post. Tumblr is scary dude.
>>
>>6452705
>However, I surrounded myself with people I like and am now at a point I finally have enough experience to start creating things I actually like. And the aesthetic I enjoy is done by so many skilled people I don't lack inspiration.

Care to share some people anon?
>>
>>6457480

I have an instagram and a tumblr. I prefer the instagram but tumblr isn't a scary place if you aren't a total piece of shit and actually curate your own experience.
>>
>>6457480
I use Instagram, tumblr, Flickr for nice photos and faceup portfolio, and YouTube.

Honestly, most bjd youtubers will watch whatever, but please for the love of God, get a decent mic?
Do bud addicts prompts, character videos, story videos, hauls and reviews of purchases, box openings, painting and customising, tutorials (especially sewing, there are so few good ones)
Anything really. Just get a good mic please.
>>
I've considered using youtube but I'm too socially awkward to know how to behave in front of a camera. My personal favorites though are anan.doll, denaliwind, summerbird, bumblebeelove; I like to see people's collections, tutorials, box openings, anything that can catch my attention or inspire me in the hobby.
>>
File: IMG_4630.jpg (677KB, 2128x843px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4630.jpg
677KB, 2128x843px
Anybody into occult accessories for their dolls?

I just opened a storenvy to start selling my ouija boards!
>>
>>6457480
Instagram is nice. All of my dolls are from Japanese companies, so I ended up with mostly Japanese speaking followers. They practice their shitty English on me, I practice my shitty Japanese on them. The Internet is an amazing place.

As far as doll videos go, I only watch sewing tutorials but I'm probably not your average BJD fan. I treat the dolls more like glorified fashion dolls than characters.
>>
>>6457911
How much are you selling them for and whats your shop called. I would love one.
Also a tip, the top middle one is a bit hard to make out.
>>
>>6458495

I totally understand, that's before it's letters were painted on, it's made out of beads!

They're made out of resin and are each $10, which comes with a planchette as well!!

(( at the mall.storenvy ))

No spaces of course!

If I don't have one available you'd like, let me know and we can get in touch and I can work out a design for ya!
>>
File: IMG_4850.jpg (3MB, 4032x2606px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4850.jpg
3MB, 4032x2606px
Are these too close to Villitunes cyclops dolls?

These are prototypes of my alien cyclops babies, and would eventually love to have them cast in resin, but don't want to seem as though I'm "bootlegging" her style.
>>
>>6458979

I don't think so, the style and vibe of them is very different. Yours have kind of an 80s MLP/Trolls thing going on and the only thing that's really the same is that they're cyclopses with eyelashes.
>>
>>6459003

Oh awesome, thank you so much! :D
>>
File: IMG_5355.jpg (138KB, 640x978px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5355.jpg
138KB, 640x978px
>buying from Hellcorgi in 2017
come on people, sellers get shitty reps for a reason
>>
>>6459334
It's not like Damasquerade is the most reputable person either aye.
>>
>>6458784
Different anom but I'll be buying at least one
>>
>>6459334
Anon, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't repost my stuff just to try to stir up gossip.

>>6459580
I don't give a damn what you think of my reputation - you don't have to like me - but you can't compare me to Hellcorgi. I'm brutally honest, never scammed and never will, and went legit over two years ago. I owned up and apologised publicly for that fuckup. I just get on with working on my dolls, all legit, and ignore drama.
>>
>>6459623

Legit question why did you buy from hellcorgi? We're you just desperate for the item? Everyone is constantly talking about how horrible she is yet people keep giving her money and I can't understand it. Even outside of the scamming she's a shitty person.
>>
>>6458979
I'm mostly here for anime style dolls but these are really cute! I'd love to see some with multiple eyes.
>>
>>6459658

Awe thanks anon! they're called Cutieclops, I have an Instagram set up for them, so if you use Instagram go give em a follow please!!

I'm actually working on a new creature right now that will have multiple eyes! :D
>>
>>6459623
>Anon, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't repost my stuff just to try to stir up gossip.
If this is Damasquerade, anon didn't post that as some kind of personal dig at you specifically, but as part of the ongoing Hellcorgi drama and bad seller bs. If you didn't want to associate with that or become another in the string of people known to have bad transactions then you should not have mentioned Hellcorgi in the post.

Hell why post feedback type posts like this at all if you don't want it circulated to warn others?

If this is Hellcorgi though fuck you lol, stop scamming.

>>6459580
I've never heard of them doing anything bad other than formerly owning recasts, and going pro-artist later, which is a negation of that bad rep in my book.
>>
new from Gem Of Doll: the incredible disembodied cranium shell babby

>>6458979
These are pretty cute and I wouldn't worry about being accused of copying villitnues. What sort of price point are you thinking of and how big are they?

>>6459334
>>6459628
Hellcorgi is still around? Jesus why do the worst people in this hobby always hang around forever and keep coming around again and again smfh. Is she on tumblr again or is this some other website (that doesn't look like tunglr mobile interface)?

As for buying from them, to be fair the heyday of kleincrew/hellcorgi drama was a long time ago and newer hobbyists or those who weren't reading the confession blogs etc may not have come across their rep. If >>6459623
knew and still bought from them then maybe they just assumed Paypal protection or something would have their back....or that they were the one speshul chosen one who wouldn't get scammed idk
>>
>>6459760
It's a tumblr post in the screenshot but the actual transaction was probably via Instagram where hellcorgi is active and stupidly popular.
Think she also still sells on ebay. Like...honestly, I have been super tempted by some of the corsets she puts up on there (pretty much the nicest bjd corsets i have seen, i didn't even like raouken because of the weird shape and oversize lace) but ultimately convinced myself to not do business with an insane bitch even if sometimes she makes pretty things
>>
I'm beginning to think I would be more popular if I started scamming people, just like one here or there. Enough to cause drama but then fulfill orders enough to make an audience that says I never scammed anyone. Isn't that what Hellcorgi did?
>>
>>6459760

Thanks, I even contacted her and she seemed to like them so I'm in the go!

For figurines I'm charging from $20-$45 but of course that will change once I start casting them in resin
>>
>>6402930
How's Fairylands quality recently? I like one of their new realfee releases (Toki) but, don't want to risk buying it just yet, in case there are currently any issues with QC or delays i may not be aware of.

Also, how likely do you think are the new dolls going to end up recasted? It's to upsetting for me to see that the doll I just bought has already appeared on recast shops. If it's very likely they will be recasted i won't bother to buy one, at all.
>>
>>6460038
All the realfees have been recasted so far according to the master list.
>>
How well do Ken doll clothes fit on Pure Neemo size M? Will it be crazy bulky or could it work? I'd like to get a vintage tux for my doll.
>>
>>6459623

If you really are Damasquerade anon then I hope you try and get a partial refund.
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 640x961px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 640x961px
I'm finding myself attracted to the idea of a centaur doll. Was wondering if there were any that were large enough to be compatible with an iplehouse SID? Modded of course, but man do I want a big horse girl.
>>
>>6460393

Souldoll has a giant centaur girl but the proportions were so ridiculous. The horse part was giant and the lady part tiny.
>>
>>6460137
It won't even almost work, unfortunately. It is a VERY bad fit. The shoulders are the main issue.
>>
Does anyone know of any GOOD faceup artists in the UK or am I just gonna have to bite the bullet and send my doll to Europe, or Korea at this rate
>>
>>6460612
Damn. That sucks. Guess I'll unwatch that listing then.
>>
>>6461046
Are there any tuxedos that exist that fit pure neemo or will I have to just get one commissioned or something?
>>
>>6460677
Is Pearls of Danube not your taste? The only other person I know who does commissions in the UK is wlatian.
>>
>>6459861
Could we be able to order custom ones?-by that I mean customize the colours bc usually looking at bright/neon colours for too long gives me headaches. And maybe a bald one so if you wanted you could add you own hair?
>>
>>6460677
>>6461089
There's also Bangarang Aesthetics, if you like the eyebrows (they look overly makeup-like to me on the ones i've seen.)
wlatian apparently has a huge backlog and some resultant communication issues so maybe not a great pick right now.
>>
>>6461089
PoD doesn't take commissions anymore, and considering her shit communication and people waiting 10+ months for their stuff currently it is probably for the better.
I love her work, but she is not fit/made for taking commissions.
>>
>>6459844
The sad part is Hellcorgi has actual talent. I have been tempted more than once to buy her shit, but I can't and won't pull the trigger. If she would be responsible and package her shit with tracking (I used to see her posts of her packages needing to be sent out and they were literally just envelopes with stamps) she probably wouldn't have so much of an issue of "things going missing".
>>
>>6461695
I've heard the clothes don't have great finish quality and tend to fray/fall apart (which makes sense considering how fast she produces them during her active periods). But yeah, they look REALLY good. Shame.
Still kind of curious why damasquerade bought from her though/the general rationale of people who do. They're just ok risking a scame?
>>
File: jesus.jpg (82KB, 845x633px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
82KB, 845x633px
everyday we move further from god's light
>>
>>6462030

Second this. Hellcorgi cuts serious corners in making her corsets. Say what you will about rouken corsets being out of scale (I don't think they are but eh) but her stuff is supremely put together.
>>
File: tumblr_nw175eWsBJ1s36aato1_1280.jpg (314KB, 778x1166px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw175eWsBJ1s36aato1_1280.jpg
314KB, 778x1166px
>>6462110
>Raouken
The thing that always gets me is that Raouken corsets have such big poofy lace...it looks almost like human size lace shoved on a doll and is the only out-of-scale thing about them. I mean...look at this! Everything looks like a shrunken-down gorgeous human corset, incredible details and stitchwork, and then !BIG FROOFY LACE! plunked on top of it all.

I've seen some of the ones she did on commission where there was smaller/no lace as per the commissioner's design, as well as a scarce few in her shop where she did it that way, and they look so much better.
>>
>>6462347
Hell, it's only the top row that looks bad, the lace at the bottom and down the front looks great, both because it's flattened down and because the segment chosen looks far more in scale. And then that awful froof at the top....god.
>>
>>6460677
Jatzu/Freefall Creation does some great work, depending on what you're after. Pinktezka is also decent, imo.
>>
File: jazzatty002Crobidoll Lance.jpg (108KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
jazzatty002Crobidoll Lance.jpg
108KB, 600x456px
>>6457480
I am pretty active on Instagram, but I stick to certain people and stay away from Pintsized, Elfgutz and the like.
Flickr I just use as a dumping ground but stopped interacting with people there (since the community is pretty much dead, sadly).
My customization photos I keep on a portfolio Tumblr, actual interacting (as rare is it might be) is on my main. I do check the BJD tag regularly, but I usually just help out newbies and stay away from drama and discussions. My main is also not really BJD related, it's a place for me to reblog artsy stuff that inspires me and fanarts.
DoA is barely any pictures, just helping people.

>>6457605
I can maybe post a list in the next thread.
Need to go through it at first, because lots of people I have in my Flickr list for example have stopped posting long ago/I have some I regularly check but don't follow.
>>
>>6462350
>>6462347

Uh but real Victorian corsets have that big dumb 'floof' on top? I mean you can not like it but it's a matter of style not scale.
>>
>>6462434

I mean look at this wide ass lace. I mean the real corset lace drapes better but what rouken did achieves the same effect from a distance. If she had used smaller lace on top she would have had to do more of it and her corsets would be even MORE expensive.
>>
>>6462347
I personally... removed the top layer of lace on the one of mine I have from Raouken.
>>
>>6462434
>>6462446
I genuinely didn't know this , thank you for informing me! It's nice to know that it's an on purpose thing and not a sudden inability to notice scale for that one specific part. Now i understand why she does it.

>>6462633
....i was very tempted to buy one and do that lol.
>>
So... where does one get doll scale velcro that doesn't cost 20000 bucks a meter?
Seriously I'm having such a hard time fonding some.
Do people just get regular velcro and cut it?
>>
>>6463460
I bought the roll i have a long time ago by looking for 'barbie velcro' iirc it was like $10 and since i don't use it often it's lasted. If you have a clothing shop you might need to buy more of it but it doesn't seem all that expensive
>>
Any recommendations for where I can get some 1/6 clothes commissioned for my pure neemos?
>>
>>6463460

Go on ebay and look up 'ultra thin VELCRO'you should get results in a ton of colors for about 1.95 a yard.
>>
Hi, Has anyone ever done business with the dealer Angelesque? I was going to buy a Resinsoul msd sized head from them but it costs like 75$ in the resin colour I want (shipping included). Kinda feels expensive?
>>
>>6465093
Angelesque is a EU dealer, so they have to factor in VAT in their prices, I suppose. If you're not in EU you should probably buy from another dealer.
And aren't MSD heads like $50 without shipping on Resinsoul's website? $25 for shipping, while painful, is not that much of a stretch.
>>
File: imaginary_friends_by_oki_oki.jpg (434KB, 500x747px) Image search: [Google]
imaginary_friends_by_oki_oki.jpg
434KB, 500x747px
NEW THREAD
>>6465276
>>6465276
>>6465276
NEW THREAD
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.