[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General: Spider-Gwen is out and about Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 67

File: DDD2LzeUQAE2laM.jpg (134KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DDD2LzeUQAE2laM.jpg
134KB, 900x1200px
And so is Spider-Man reissue.

Now the wait.

>JULY
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fudo Myo Oh
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Kirin U Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Woody(Toy Story)

>AUGUST
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Gundari Myo Oh
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)
Venom (reissue)

>SEPTEMBER
Wolverine
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fuujin
Game Classics Vol.1 Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Game Classics Vol.1 EX Golden Armor Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)

>OCTOBER
Evangelion Evolution EVA-01
Evangelion Evolution EVA-03

>TBA
Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Dino Getter 1
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Samurai (rumor)
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (6 variants)

>MIA?
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series

http://tokusatsurevoltech.com/
http://union-creative.jp/category/uc/vulcanlog/
http://kt-jizai.com/

Previous >>6358046
>>
Came across a video review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQi0IPXr4w8&feature=youtu.be
>>
And I found the new revo joints packs being sold online, on Kaiyodo's web store, in the AB section so that's why I missed it.

I'm assuming there won't be sold at other places, at least not for a while.
>>
Photo review on Kenelephant's blog.

http://ameblo.jp/tokusatsurevoltech/entry-12285445826.html
>>
File: DC64EWaVYAIrpyU.jpg (93KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DC64EWaVYAIrpyU.jpg
93KB, 1200x675px
Neck joints were also hand-me-downs from the Revol Minis. Neck-torse joint is the type used in the Mini's shoulders with one ball end. Head-neck joint is the two ball end peg used in the later Mini's neck. Ball socket joint ratio is pretty high with this Revo.
>>
File: DC64TgWUQAA_eYx.jpg (178KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DC64TgWUQAA_eYx.jpg
178KB, 1200x675px
>>6389165
>>
>>6389160
>no more foot pegholes ever
This probably bugs me more than it should, but come on, why take them out?
>>
>>6389171
I think the idea is the new stand is good enough, and with less revo joints being used for hips and ankles balancing the figure is easy without a foot stand.

Plus maybe Yamaguchi thinks holes under the feet looks ugly.
>>
>>6389176
still, you cant put nice foot effects on her now
>>
>>6389188
I never liked the thing honestly. The edges were sharp enough I feared scratching paint off of some other figures. Or somehow step or land on one...

And you know, you can always drill one or two holes, then seal the edge so paint wont peel off.
>>
File: o0440080013965082203.jpg (45KB, 440x800px) Image search: [Google]
o0440080013965082203.jpg
45KB, 440x800px
Ohhh reading some tweets I didn't realize how very little revo joints are used. One said only the knees were revolver joints, i.e. have ratchets.

I think the torso joint is a 6mmrevolver joint, but the rest are indeed all joints used in the Revol Mini. So Gwen is basically a bigger Revol Mini.
>>
>>6389207
This is a very good thing. Revolver joints have been improved, but they're still not my favorite joints. In my opinion, lightweight and small figures don't need ratcheting joints at all, and it only serves to limit their poseability. I'm proud of Kaiyodo for finally stepping outside of that and working with other joint types like the unratcheted Mini joints and true balljoints. Joint choice should always be in service to what works best on the toy, instead of slavishly conforming to one type. Of course, the switch over from one universal joint means no more
>SCIENCE!
but eh, nobody seems to really do that anymore anyway.
>>
>>6389218
I don't think the ratchets limits anything anymore. some 3 degrees adjustments in posing doesn't change anything.

Mini joints are still detachable so easy to fix minor issues, but much more difficult to replace if they were cracked. I seriously doubt they will ever sell them so better stock up on some spare Minis because I've seen quite a few broken Mini joints out of the box but never a broken revolver joint.

With Gwen the neck not being 3mm peg does kill the chance of using some alternate heads that sticks. Granted it is easier to pose the head. Finding and modifying an alternate face piece might be easier.
>>
Another video review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8K2Fvj59k&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>6389153

I tried making an account with them to order but there's no option for United States in the country section, can only japanese use their site?

Also they want two addresses, one in english and one in kanji
>>
How likely is it that we'll get a symbiote suit Spider-Man?
>>
>>6389313
Yeah they only ship within the country. You need to use a middleman service.

Don't know what you mean by two addresses thing, pretty sure it was all Japanese last time I made an account there for when I was in Japan.
>>
>>6389322

I don't think it's very likely, because the current Spidey has molded webbing on him, doesn't he? So they can't just do what everyone else does and just cast him in black plastic.
>>
>>6389336

Is there a chance the joints will pop up on other sites? Otherwise know any good middle man services?
>>
>>6389322
More likely to get Carnage instead. Black suit Spider-Man will require like 80% new sculpting and will likely sell less than normal Spidey, which they will keep reproducing anyways.

>>6389347
Maybe? like to clear their inventory after a few years. I used Fromjapan once they or twice.
>>
whats the chances of spider-gwen being normal price on second hand sites for a month or so? venom and spidey are, and i want spidergwen, but gotta get my funds right
>>
>>6389366
Everyone got a re-release so far. The reboot project thing is supposedly done to maintain a constant stock of these revos. That would keep prices from getting high.
>>
>>6389322
Not as likely as you'd think, since the current Spidey has all molded details that don't make for a simple recolor

I still wouldn't write it off as completely unlikely, though. It's still Spider-Man and would likely sell well enough that they could go through the effort of it.
>>
>>6389559
Yamaguchi probably has a smoothed out version with no boot cut ready before he added web details if they were a possibility of a Symbiote suit. They aren't stupid.

Problem is will it sell enough to bother producing. Apparently those metal molds are real expensive and you need almost a hole new set for alternate Spidey.

>>6389322
I don't think this AY series will bother with alternate costumes, just focus on making different characters because hell there are so many to choose.
>>
So why did we never get legacies of menace, Melona and echidna? I noticed that the same character designer made all three of them, was there a falling out or something?
>>
>>6389682
No? That sound stupid dude.

Legacy was a time limited effort I feel, to bridge the transition period. They didn't sell well overall so that probably killed additional QB revos of there were any planned. Both QB and MuvLuv revos were done with Hobby Stock as the partner, QB might have been with Hobby Japan it self, whatever. So it was a bit strange Kaiyodo could keep making them on their own anyways.

Legacy was all about cherry picking from the wide selection of "top sellers" so the slot for QB was limited to begin with.

I'm still amazed they didn't do Gurren Lagann revos.
>>
>>6389709
They didn't do gurren lagaan because they literally released the four big ones a few before the legacy line launched.
>>
>>6389727
I think that set was release quite a while ago, some QB got rereleased after that iirc. The same ones as Legacy too. Plus they were special metallic colour, you had to buy all 4 at once. AsLegacy, just winged GL and maybe the separate state pair would've made some bucks for Kaiyodo for sure. Those were well made and just as good as any recent Revoltechs. I thought 10th anniversary they would rerelease them but seems unlikely now.
>>
>>6389709
>They didn't sell well

Yet Melona and Menace are some of the highest priced aftermarket QB revo's, typically sitting at the $100+ range. Obviously theres some demand there. And Melona scored pretty high on that vote in, for a tittymonster from an lewd anime.
>>
>>6389896
I mean the Legacy Revos didn't sell well including the QB ones. Their selection could've been better? Yes.
>>
Just curious since I don't buy from HLJ that often and I know there's the anniversary thing going on right now. I got my email saying my Spider-Gwen was shipping and it said there was a HLJ 20th Anniversary Bonus Item, does anyone know what that would be?
>>
>>6390577
Origami or a japanese fan or such
>>
>>6390578
Ah, thanks
>>
File: 20170625231142.jpg (372KB, 1024x638px) Image search: [Google]
20170625231142.jpg
372KB, 1024x638px
Revoltecher's review.

http://revoltechrox.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/06/25/233815
>>
D-amazing has a video review up as well
>>
>>6390713
>>6390771
God, I'm waiting on some other stuff to ship her and it sucks, she really looks like she could be the best in the line so far. Gimmie those shoulders.
>>
big shoulder eww
>>
>>6390908
Is that a joke

I mean look at this >>6390713
>>
File: DDD5IztUAAAQAdw.jpg (46KB, 1000x882px) Image search: [Google]
DDD5IztUAAAQAdw.jpg
46KB, 1000x882px
I hope we see more females in the lineup. I think she is selling well, I get the impression more newcomers are getting her just because it is a girl super hero action figure, so we might actually get more in the future. Yamaguchi is pretty good at lewd figures.

This is probably the best female action figure, both in terms of articulation and maintaining an unbroken female form while posing. Really sucks about the unmasked face.
>>
>>6390971
Not sure which part you mean. If it's the shoulders, the shitty double hinges spider-man and deadpool use are my #1 beef with the line, using regular balljoints basically fixes that.
>>
>>6390974
Yamaguchi Black Cat when
>>
>>6390978
>using regular balljoints
It's not quite regular, it works practically the same as the double 6mm just one end is a ball instead of the second 6mm. It's like the figma shoulders but the other way around.

I think that anon still doesn't like the exposed joint, the pill shaped hinge of the mini joints.

I think with any bare shoulder revo you will always have that part of the joint exposed. Having articulation point at the top of the shoulders is what gives them that wide, natural range of the human shoulders.
>>
>>6390978
im talking about that atrocious face. Cant be the best in the line if it looks that terrible.
>>
i'm just going to throw the face plate out and pretend it doesn't exist when mine arrives
>>
>>6390984
Oops, I thought >>6390978 was replying to >>6390970 because of shoulders comment.
>>
>>6390990
Oh. I mean, yeah, it's shit, but nobody else in the line even has an unmasked head. I can't really dock it points for fucking up an extra I'm not gonna use.
>>
>>6390713
that face is pathetic as fuck
>>
>>6390713
The unmasked face is really disproportionate compared to the rest of the body. It's even more obvious when you see how much smaller it is compared to the masked faces.
>>
If you add something to an AmiAmi order does the due date extend from the time when you added the new figure? I have Revo Spider-Man payment due Thursday evening and I want to order Spider-Gwen as well but only have enough for -Man before I get paid Friday. Thanks if anyone knows.
>>
>>6391099
Backorder items usually do that. Extended my payment request a bit since they have to wait to get that item in.
>>
>>6390997
THIS.
>>
>tfw you don't have autism and the figure looks fine.
Kinda nice not living with mental illness.
>>
>>6391388
there's like 1 person complaining about the figure's joints and it's probably the same guy who just doesn't like yamaguchi stuff

if you think the face complaints aren't justified you're just objectively wrong
>>
>>6391440
Yeah the face isn't great but you've got peoplw acting like the unmasked face makes it the worst figure in the line when nobody else even comes with one and everything else about the figure looks great
>>
File: AwesomeToTheMax.jpg (116KB, 396x454px) Image search: [Google]
AwesomeToTheMax.jpg
116KB, 396x454px
>Spiderman and Deadpool have shipped
>>
File: rai.jpg (41KB, 391x500px) Image search: [Google]
rai.jpg
41KB, 391x500px
Yup there's that end of month PO.

Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Raijin (red)

October, 6264 Yen (with tax)
>>
>>6391730
Nice. The old Fuujin and Raijin are a bit pricey now so I'm glad these are coming out.
>>
>>6391440
>same guy who doesn't like yamaguchi stuff
>guy.
There are quite a few of us actually.
Anyway I think the figure looks sort of bad for it's price point.
The long neck, the floating shoulders, the pointy knees, the hood that can't be put down, and the ugly unmasked face all combine to just make me not like the thing.
I wanted to like it but I ended up skipping out on my pre-order after the more recent pictures.
>>
>>6391753
I get the gappy shoulders and knees for Spider-Man being hated, but Gwen has that under control. Neck looks alright if you have it tilted forward too, for any of the AYs.

Complaining about those parts at Gwen's level is like saying I don't want revo joints used in my revoltechs, or I don't want articulation. Hell, Gwen only has like 3 actual revo joints and only the knees are external.

Ignoring the extra face of course. I think that shit was a last minute addition being a different guy and somehow no one catching the fact it is off in size.

Anywho, just looking at the Yamaguchi parts, complaining about joint adjacent sculpts is like saying don't use revo joints all together. And this has the least amount of stylization for a Yamaguchi figure too. What I want to say is, what more do you want?

Hood mechanics I get it, it is new frontier to move all of that especially for a high articulation required character so can't be perfect first go, can't please everyone. Besides do you need the hood down with the mask on? I think that looks weird. Hood down, unmasked head would've been perfect for sure, assuming that head wasn't off scale.
>>
>paid for Gwen on Friday
>got payment confirmation from PayPal and amiami
>no shipping confirmation so it hasn't shipped yet
thanks amiami
>>
File: IMG_2096.jpg (372KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2096.jpg
372KB, 1600x1200px
Why is there not a preorder version of Revoltech Woody on HLJ yet? I want to preorder it with a Nendoroid that I think will be pretty popular, but it's not available yet for preorder.
>>
>>6390713

>Feminine professional potion in, especially the lower body is sharp has worked is.
>Inevitably the phrase "delivery type" crosses my head.

Does 'delivery type' mean child-bearing hips?
>>
>>6392478
>>6392478
>>
File: IMG_7040.jpg (56KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7040.jpg
56KB, 640x800px
New Assemble Borg Nexus I.O's are up.

Amiami, ¥4,970
Integra: >http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-031208&page=top

Intaniya:
>http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-031209&page=top

HLJ, ¥4,950
Integra:
>https://hlj.com/product/kyd03025

Intaniya
>https://hlj.com/product/kyd03026
>>
>>6392478
Because it's been out for years and is no longer in stock of any kind on HLJ?
>>
>>6393047
Pre-ordered both thanks Morphine kun.
>>
>>6393056
No problem, did the same myself.
>>
>>6391730
>>6393047
Mmmm I knew I should've waited for new PO with the new thread.
>>
>>6392526
God, Google translate? is awful. It can't even pick up the katakana for "proportion." It's a one to one translation, and is already in English!

Yeah Anzangata means exactly that regarding the hips.
>>
>>6392526
>>6393114
Man, I am so using "delivery-type" to describe such curves from now on.
>>
>>6393218
Technically it should be safe-delivery-type.
>>
File: head.jpg (72KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
72KB, 800x999px
I'm happy the I.O sisters comes with a simple, bare minimum head.
>>
File: DSC09993.jpg (1MB, 2246x3000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09993.jpg
1MB, 2246x3000px
Hot damn, Venom is fun as shit. Loving his heft and expressiveness. Not really a "desk buddy" kind of guy, but this is something else. Even the officemates love to tinker with him, haha.
>>
>>6393300
Yeah, he's great. All the Marvel Revos I have so far (Deadpool, Venom, Gwen) are easily some of my favorite figures. Hopefully this continues to be the case.

Hell, as many issues as I have with Spider-Man's sculpt, I'm considering changing my mind and grabbing him because the rest are just so fun.
>>
>>6393315
Looking forward to Gwen (my package is still at customs). Pinhead unmasked option aside, she's looking promising based on all the pic reviews so far.

Come to think of it, would figma Eli Ayase's head work as a replacement unmasked Gwen?
>>
File: 1498346645126.jpg (122KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498346645126.jpg
122KB, 900x1200px
>>6393330
From what I've seen so far, anime-heavy faces looks off because Gwen's proportions are towards the realistic side. I'm talking about the big eyes anime style stuff. And the figma faces closer to realistic, say Samus, are just as small as Gwen's face piece. I can't be sure until I get mine, but I doubt the smaller figma faces could work.

I'm thinking of cutting off the face from some spare western figures and use the same hair piece to see how that works. Bruce Timm style face might work? I'm looking at Zattana and I don't care destroying it so I might give it a try.

Mafex HQ's spare head might fit right on with very Little to no modification, but would still look like Harley even if I slap the hood piece on...
>>
>>6393486
Whoa. Eli doesn't look bad at all, IMO. Thanks for the pic.
>>
>>6393486
>From what I've seen so far, anime-heavy faces looks off because Gwen's proportions are towards the realistic side.
Or it could just be that the head is too fucking small. Get a grip.
>>
File: lmao.jpg (52KB, 210x375px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
52KB, 210x375px
>>6393486
>>
>>6393729
It's not about size really, but style. Certain anime styles are "deformed" including the body (extreme case is the chibi, SD style)) so two different styles being fused can look off. Gwen is closer to realism so a face piece of similar style would be preferable.

We're still talking about alternate choice face parts from other figures, right?
>>
>>6393486
This figure sure looks awful in a neutral position.
>>
File: gwen4.jpg (629KB, 2692x1156px) Image search: [Google]
gwen4.jpg
629KB, 2692x1156px
>>6393793
How so?
>>
>>6393793
could you post an example. or point out what gives you that opinion, cuz I'm not seeing anything wrong from photos I've seen. And I'm currently on the fence on this fig.
>>
>>6393849
>>6393831
The shoulders that barely look connected to the figure, the overly wide chest, diaper pelvis, and weird ass neck mostly.
It just looks off to me.
>>
File: YejEEEI.png (55KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
YejEEEI.png
55KB, 700x700px
>>6393853
Ugh, you should know that Revos aren't meant for neutral stances, they're meant for dynamic posing ONLY!!! Go buy a Marvel Legend you poor pleb!!
>>
File: IMG_20170205_083601.jpg (1MB, 1154x2200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170205_083601.jpg
1MB, 1154x2200px
>>6393793
Just like Spiderman right?
>>
>>6393895
Nah Spidey looks awful both posed and standing neutral
>>
>>6393899
>literally seething
>>
>>6393793
And what kind of retard wants to pose a super articulated figure in a neutral position? Buy a statue or something.
>>
>>6393853
>shoulders ...diaper pelvis
You need a certain offset distance to get the range in the shoulders. Even when the top is closest to the joint?

As for the rest, which female figure looks alright to you then?

Just curious because I don't think you can get any better than this while having that range of motion unless the costume design can hide them better.,
>>
File: diaper.jpg (23KB, 437x659px) Image search: [Google]
diaper.jpg
23KB, 437x659px
>>6393853
you don't know what a diaper is, right?
>>
>>6393922
This. There are plenty of statues of Gwen and if someone really wants an action figure better for neutral poses just get the damn Marvel Legends.
>>
>>6393922
>>6393924
>>6393930
>>6393939
Oh look, every predictable response when someone mildly criticizes a Yamaguchi sculpt
>>
every single time I come to a revo thread there's someone posting about "neutral pose"
>>
>>6393930
it's amazing to me that a board full of manchildren have no idea what a diaper is, that just seems to be a catch-all insult for "I don't like the waist build"
>>
>>6393944
You can predict reasonable responses to your criticism. Very impressive my guy.
>>
>>6393895
how in the flying fuck did revoltech manage to make fucking spidermans eyes derpy
>>
>>6393944
>>6393954
Oh, god, the troll is triggered!
>>
>>6393944
>>6393954
You're doing it wrong.
>>
>>6393954
>diaperanon starts laying down the law on diapers.
wew lad
>>
>>6393986
>>6393989
>>6393993
boy you revolcucks do get triggered easily
>>
>>6393998
Tell me more about diapers you seem to have the insider knowledge.
>>
>>6393944
Yep.
I should have known not to do that.
>>6393924
The new Monster Hunter Revoltechs look great and seems to pose just fine.
>>6393895
Yes.
That looks terrible.
>>6393930
>>6393954
Fine.
The pelvis is too bulky for my taste.
Is that better?
>>
>>6394000
diapers are padded in the front, back, and between the legs, not the sides.
>>
>>6393998

Whatever makes you happy, Wimp Lo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYGxWGduCCQ
>>
Has anyone tried popping the Marvel Legends Gwen head onto the Yamaguchi? I'm interested to see how well they scale
>>
>>6393853
hmm ... Ok I don't see any of that. Maybe the neck looking odd. But that's about it.

The neck doesn't make sense for a hoodied top. But the other issues you listed, I don't see it.
>>
>>6394001
Personal taste is acceptable.

The Kirin ladies, while the sculpt is someone else at Union apparently, the joint work is Yamaguchi. However the range of motion would not be as great as Gwen I bet. Plus she has armor to hide (and hinder) things.

I'm surprised even with Gwen we're getting this. Like, "what does it take?" type of reaction on my part. Ignoring the unmasked face.

Overall though, she seems more accepted than the past Yamaguchi stuff. Maybe more so than VL Venom Snake and Dino armor hunter (forgot the English name) which I think were pretty flawless.
>>
I got both Spider people today. I like them a lot except Spider-Man's webbing on his face is incredibly sloppy.
>>
Does anyone know why it's taking BBTS so fucking long to have Gwen in stock? I feel like everyone has gotten theirs and I'm over here getting shit on. This is the first time I've preordered form them so do items always take this long to reach their warehouses?
>>
>>6394154
Why the fuck did you pre order there? She's readily available at HLJ and much cheaper.
>>
File: 1433951848225.jpg (14KB, 399x262px) Image search: [Google]
1433951848225.jpg
14KB, 399x262px
>>6394154
>>>>>He orders imports from BBTS
>>
>>6394154
>Does anyone know why it's taking BBTS so fucking long to have Gwen in stock?

Because BBTS is a US company. Usually, US companies take longer to get in Japanese items, because Japanese items usually come in stock (surprise!) in Japan first.

>>6394178
>>6394168

Shopping around pays off. Sometimes US retailers have shit much cheaper than ordering off Japanese sites.
>>
>>6394186
>Sometimes US retailers have shit much cheaper than ordering off Japanese sites.
That outright only applies to like, Amazon very rarely.
>>
>>6394186
>Shopping around pays off. Sometimes US retailers have shit much cheaper than ordering off Japanese sites.

But that's not entirely true for the topic at hand which is Gwen.
>>
The right toe joint on my Revoltech Spider-Man doesn't bend. The left one does. It feels like right one is either super tight, or busted. What do? I got this from AmiAmi with Spider-Gwen.
>>
>>6394154
From what I see on their new arrival listings, it feels like it takes about a month for Japanese imports there. I didn't pay close attention so might be shorter,
>>
>>6394191

Not rarely at all. I've found stuff on a few sites for much cheaper than ordering off HLJ, when you factor in shipping.

>>6394199

That is true.
>>
>>6394221
It's just stuck. Try a bit harder, or heat and chill the area a few times to get things looser.

Btw, the toes are suppose to only bend up for Spider-Man.
>>
>>6394230
It feels really stuck, Almost like I'm gonna bend more than just that joint alone.
>>
>>6394227
>HLJ
>>Not HLJ and AmiAmi
You always check all import site options first anon.
HLJ is very 50/50 when it comes to their prices.
>>
I let my preorder lapse cuz fail
>>
>>6394302
To be honest, AmiAmi has been too. Some brands haven't been getting their traditional discounts.
>>
>>6394302

It was just an example. The smart shopper always checks all avenues, HLJ, BBTS, toydojo, amiami, ebay, Amazon, etc. It's always worth checking around.
>>
>>6394154
it's an advantage, you can see everyones thoughts on it and potential qc problems or w/e and you get more time to think it over, whether its worth it
>>
>>6393047
these are pretty cute, but the price is pretty out there
>>
>>6394238
Metal pin and solid PVC, I think the paint that is keeping it fused is much weaker.

If you have the tools, you could try and push out the pin, then just rip off the toe piece and put it all back together.
>>
>>6394376
It's the standard dude. And is no Jarkroid.
>>
>>6393047

I really wish people here had some Assemble Borgs. They SEEM neat, but no one ever seems to pick them up, and no one ever does anything neat with them. Which is a real shame, because they could be the Revo version of Lego's and shit, but it's like no one has any interest in them at all.
>>
>>6394390

Because the pieces are way too specific, the best part about lego is how generic parts look they aren't confined to certain uses.
>>
>>6394390
I got like all of them, but I rarely do any "Assembling" mostly because of laziness. Putting in the 3mm pegs into a new stiff hole can get annoying, heating or no heating. Once I got the form I like I keep it that way. And I don't have the habit of taking pictures.

I made a Gunhed once.

I'm like that with say optional hands too, I just stick with the hands I like and all those extras stays in a ziplock bag somewhere.

People here seem to only collect revos that are the super popular properties anyways. Not that there are that many odd selection nowadays. What chance does an original property with no media backing has overseas?

Not to mention pre-Nexus was not available internationally and then only the scraps at the bottom of their warehouse were available.

Maybe if the reboot made all Nexus sets available and some old favorites reproduced, we see a growing interest now that original toys like Polynian and FA kits (plus their version of AB) are out their. Well perhaps more likely to kill it further.

Fuck, make a manga series of it already lol.
>>
>>6393486
actually it looks a lot better than the face that comes with it. If they had used a more neutral Eli faceplate they might be on to something.
>>
>HLJ doesn't take paypal credit line.

FFFF
>>
>>6394859
Paypal credit only works with us currency. No import shops let you use it.
>>
File: Spiderman.jpg (639KB, 1930x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman.jpg
639KB, 1930x1070px
Spiderman arrived today, today was a good day. Also, Deadpool came with him, but I'm currently still getting all of the packaging and accessory shit out so heres just a pic of Spidey for now.
>>
File: Spiderman2.jpg (705KB, 1582x1468px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman2.jpg
705KB, 1582x1468px
>>6395284
My favorite Spiderman from when I was a kid was this one that had ridiculous articulation. Something like 20+ joints on him. This was during the Toybiz? Days I guess. I think it was Toybiz. Whoever made all of those X-Men and Spiderman figures in the very early 90's.

This one pretty much shits all over my childhood favorite. I love this thing already.
>>
File: IMG_20170331_181548.jpg (1MB, 1471x1868px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_181548.jpg
1MB, 1471x1868px
>>6395324
Yeah he's pretty great.
>>
>>6395379
He looks high af.
>>
File: Deadpool.jpg (815KB, 1762x1444px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool.jpg
815KB, 1762x1444px
>>6395379

Deadpool reminds me a lot of Venom Snake. Honestly feels like a Venom redeco or something. Thats a good thing, mind you, Venom Snake was amazing.
>>
File: Deadpool2.jpg (569KB, 1346x1318px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool2.jpg
569KB, 1346x1318px
>>6395421
>>
File: IMG_20170422_180319.jpg (1MB, 1322x1646px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170422_180319.jpg
1MB, 1322x1646px
>>6395421
Yeah they're both great too.
>>
Got Gwen today. Haven't bought a new revoltech outside of a few loose Eva units on Ebay in quite a while. Having a lot of fun posing it and had a metal box to store most of the accessories so that wound up being really useful. Anyone know a good way to hold the phone? Its really loose in the suggested way and I don't really want to pose it at risk of losing it.
>>
>>6395466
Yeah it is a small window of the right tension holding the phone between the base of the thumb and middle finger.

Just glue it, that hand has no other purpose.

It took me a while to realize the cut at the knee joint should be diagonal, and not overlap at the points.
>>
>>6395446
>implying this wouldn't make it better for him
>>
File: gwen + zatanna.jpg (165KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gwen + zatanna.jpg
165KB, 768x1024px
Hm. So as I mentioned, I ripped Zatanna's face off of her skull and placed it on Gwen with the original hair piece...looks pretty good. Better than expected. Yeah this is good enough.

It's just resting on the back head piece, I still need to dig out a hole and glue the hair so it functions as an optional head.
>>
>>6395324
I can't wait for Spidey, Deadpool is the first Revoltech I've bought in years and actually one of my favorite figures. I feel like Spider-Man is going to be even better for fiddling with.
>>
File: Deadpool4.jpg (751KB, 1588x1326px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool4.jpg
751KB, 1588x1326px
>>6395846

I've been toying around with them on my desk for a while now when I've had the time since getting them earlier. Can't wait for Wolverine myself.
>>
>>6395466
>those shoulders
Can she not lower her arms by her side without disconnecting them entirely? Wtf
>>
>>6395834
Do you have a better camera/better lighting, I want to get a better look at that.
>>
>>6395870
>>6395834
>>
>>6395870
>Expecting instrgram users to know how to pose
>>
>>6395876
>thinking those arms are lowered to a natural position
>>
>>6395884
are you Neutral Pose Man?
>>
>>6395903
Are these >>6395870 >>6395466 neutral poses?
>>
>>6395910
In all fairness that second anon just got Gwen in and clearly needs to learn his figure still.
>>
>>6395884
The arms can go a bit closer without having to separate at the shoulder, but straight down then yes.

>>6395874
Slightly better, and not till sunrise? Besides it doesn't look any better until I get the face piece properly modified. It's the DC Collectibles Zatanna if you want to see a clear picture of the face.
>>
>>6395884
I am assuming you meant >>6393793
because that was me not him.
Those shoulders look like utter shit in seemingly every picture even action poses.
Why are you people so eager to defend a super articulated figure not being able to put it's goddamn arms down.
That is sort of a huge limiter to the posibility and I might want to have her do something a little less extreme than web slinging sometimes.
>>
File: gl.jpg (317KB, 684x1232px) Image search: [Google]
gl.jpg
317KB, 684x1232px
Is this pose shit?
>>
>>6395930
People defend these so vehemently because they assume they HAVE to look bad in order to achieve the range of motion, which just isn't true. It's a shame, cause I think Yamaguchi nailed the legs of Gwen, but he refuses to switch up the shoulders and the figure suffers greatly. The arms on the whole actually look kinda bad and rushed honestly
>>
>>6395930
They work well and look fine except for the "straight down." And when you use that ball joint to its full extent you get the craziest range of motion not seen in any other figures, so having that one particular stance looking weird as a trade-off is no big deal.
>>
>>6395939
I actually have more of an issue with the elbow joints constantly looking like the pegs are half way in.
>>
>>6395918
Yeah I'm not great at posing in general, let alone posing a revoltech using a magnet.
>>
File: Deadpool5.jpg (417KB, 1272x960px) Image search: [Google]
Deadpool5.jpg
417KB, 1272x960px
>>6396060

Posing is only part of it. Camera angles, lighting, etc. all help. Or hinder.
>>
>>6395421
>>6395446
How's the QB Echidna in terms of posability? I'm tempted to get her, but I'm sceptical about the articulation of older revoltechs after being disappointed with Dix-Neuf
>>
>>6395939
> I think Yamaguchi nailed the legs of Gwen
sharp knees allows him nail them legs deeply into anything
>>
>>6396464
Final product is about half less noticeable, the joints are closer together to the PVC piece.
>>
File: IMG_20170629_205507744~01.jpg (529KB, 1196x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170629_205507744~01.jpg
529KB, 1196x2992px
I just got my Spider-Man and he looks great, but there is a problem. His left leg can't kick forward or back at the hip, at all, it only moves out to the side. The right leg is fine. Right leg has plenty of space around it at the hip while the left leg has absolutely no space to move around at the hip. The left leg also can't face straight out, the hip joint doesn't allow it to rotate to that position. In fact, the calf was not at all aligned with the thigh when I took it out of the box, it was rotated to face front but the thigh cannot, resulting in severe misalignement. Seems like they should have caught this at the factory.

Anybody had this on theirs? Anything I can do to remedy this? I don't know what the hip joint looks like so I'm afraid to pull the leg off.

Pic related is the right leg, to illustrate the space difference. Two pics will follow this post.
>>
File: IMG_20170629_205453400~01.jpg (650KB, 1383x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170629_205453400~01.jpg
650KB, 1383x3024px
>>6396574
Left leg, no space to move around.
>>
File: IMG_20170629_210328313~01.jpg (573KB, 1403x2733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170629_210328313~01.jpg
573KB, 1403x2733px
>>6396577
And an out-of-focus photo to sort of show what the left knee looks like in comparison to the right. This is as far as it rotates inward. Apologies for the poor photo.

Any input appreciated!
>>
>>6396574
You're saying the ball joints works fine, but the underwear part of the crotch is too tight it interferes with the upper thigh piece?

Just heat blast the area to soften the plastic and let it coll at a orientation you want the legs to go, so when it hardens you have that space to move the leg around.

I hope that helps.
>>
>>6396582
Looks like the right hip is upside down, it's free moving so if you can get it to move just rotate it down and spin the leg back to the front.
>>
>>6396737
Nah man the musculature sculpting is only on the front so it is facing the right way.
>>
>>6396753
Then it's a factory error and you're shit out of luck
>>
Any chance of more Queens Blade reissues? The Menace and Melona figures are $90+ which is crazy for such old/dated revoltechs when just about every other character goes for like $25-45
>>
>>6396454

She gets by alright, the legs when posed leave some gaps that look ugly but what can you do? I personally swapped th unseen joints with updated assemble borg joints but now that kaiyodo has released updated flesh joints I'll be looking for a middleman service to get some to update all of my old qb figures.
>>
>>6396808
No I think it is warped or stuck. He just needs to heat and force it.

Do you give up that easily? It takes a small bit of brain power it's game over?

>>6396852
95% of no.
>>
Quick question for those that have Deadpool. I got mine but I'm not sure if I want to display him with his guns as I'm afraid it'll warp the trigger fingers which will make holding his katanas look weird. Has anyone had any trouble with it.
>>
>>6396871
For that fear I don't put the guns all the way in. But mine is due more with fear for scraping the paints when bending the finger into the trigger over and over.

Warping can be fixed by heating.
>>
>>6396901
Thanks Anon
>>
>>6396454

She's as articulated as you'd expect from most Revo's. Her joints are 100% trash though, because she uses the older, incredibly bad joints, and never got a Legacy update. You'd need to somehow find some white/pearly white joints, a few flesh ones, whatever color green her stockings are, and a lightish-green one for her hair to properly replace all of her joints, and I don't know if those colors even exist outside of her.
>>
Waiting for that Kirin hunter is hell
>>
Was gonna try and hold off on Gwen to buy something I've been eyeing but damn if the reviews and the pictures didn't convince me buy it now. Can't wait for her to arrive.
>>
>ask AmiAmi if I can extend my payment one day so I can afford Gwen with my Spider-Man, if not I'll just take Spider-Man himself
>yes you can this one time only one time
>cancels my order when the original date rolls around
AmiAmiiiiiii
>>
is there any difference between the first deadpool and the reissue
>>
File: Spiderman3.jpg (293KB, 798x788px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman3.jpg
293KB, 798x788px
>>6397780

I got the reissues for both Spidey and Deadpool, I'd like to know myself.
>>
Can I mix and match gwen with some queens blade parts?...for science
>>
>>6397813
Gwen only has 3 revolver joints, so not really.
>>
>>6397716
Pretty sure AmiAmi's cancellation is automated now. It used to be 7 days then they'd send e-mails saying you're late and to pay immediately which tended to give you another 7 days. Now they just cancel on day 7 immediately. It's a shame they didn't honor their e-mail though to extend the deadline. Pretty shit move.
>>
>>6396511
pics or you're a liar.
>>
>>6397957
Darn! Thanks for the info!
>>
>>6398015
What is this? Schrodinger's cat? Until I do all the work and my picture is shown the state of the knee could be both? Go look at any number of reviews or pictures. Final version being different from promo is common FYI..
>>
>>6398073
>>6397957

It would depend where those revolver joints are to be honest.
>>
>>6397970
Yeah I emailed them back and asked what gives, they said when I added items to my order, which was the reason I asked to extend in the first place, it reset the due date. They can't do anything about it, but that's fine because HLJ still has Spidey and Gwen and they also have that Synthetic Human. Can't wait to be in a realm of pure articulation sometime next week.
>>
>>6398420
Chest and knees, so sapping out the entire mid section is really the only option. And due to size difference Cattleya is probably the only one at the right scale.
I guess it is better than noting.
>>
>>6395936
pose looks fine, never realized Revoltech made a wall figure before. That sculpt and detailing blows all other competitor out of the water. And your photo is almost perfect, so clear and crisp I can make out every detail of your Revoltech The Wall except for that one area obscured by that reddish blur. Must be spec on your camera lens, so clean that up and retake it.
>>
File: Fuck.jpg (474KB, 1254x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.jpg
474KB, 1254x1100px
>Venom's stand broke

Well, shit. No real recovering/fixing this, is there?
>>
>>6398680
Nope, and I've literally had four of them break on me so far, ultron, both venoms (snake and marvel), and deadpool. A+ for finally ditching the triangle stand, but the new ones are complete shit QC wise.
>>
>>6398692

Well, I mean I can see why it broke for Venom, the guy weighs a fucking TON compared to most Japanese figures. I should've figured this might happen. Funny part is I just took Venom off the stand to toss Spiderman up on it, and it snapped right off the moment I pulled Venom off of it.
>>
what the fuck
any way to buy replacement stands? are figma stands compatible? now i'm paranoid for when my stuff arrives
>>
>>6398706
Venom yeah, but the rest are basically the average size of figures the stand was literally designed for. I've had like one figma/tamashii stand snap in the same way, and those have been around for ages. There's something fucked up in the design of the tips, I've had both the top and bottom ends snap.

>>6398713
Just buy a three pack of tamashii stages. Same general idea and much more durable.
>>
>>6398713

Well, this is the first stand I've had break. I'm guessing it's just due to Venom's weight.
>>
>>6398680
This happened to my Deadpool stand too. I superglued the bottom back on which does limit the stand poseability but it still holds all revos I have fairly well.
>>
>>6389145
>AUGUST
>Venom (Reissue)
Did he really sell out that fast? I'm surprised.
>>
>>6398800

All of this line must be selling pretty damn well given they've all gotten reissues pretty quickly, and Japan usually isn't known for ever reissuing a damn thing, ever.
>>
>>6398800
>>6398828
Kaiyodo is taking a different approach of make less first and replenish the stock once it sells out.

It's what they want to do on a wider scale with their Revoltch Reboot.

No idea of the actual numbers, but I imagine they produced smaller number of figures than before. Since the reissues will pop back up in sites as new preorders that might make better sales than just catching dust at a warehouse or store shelves. Also helps reduce scalpers for a while.

On top of that it might be more cost effective to keep selling the same revo over and over than to keep making different ones, stretching out to niche characters and such. So they may keep picking characters that are loved by all, and not so time sensitive.
>>
Local comic shop has the Midas armor Iron man Revo for $50, is it worth it for that price? Or Is it decent enough to warrant the purchase at a lower price?
>>
>>6393054
They're reissuing it.
>>
>>6398102
most reviews show the same sharp knees.
Depends on the angle, but everything does with Yamaguchi Revoltechs, huh?

It also has sharp elbows too, but human elbows are almost knobby enough to be sharp... almost.

Not sure why Yamaguchi wants the limbs to look so pointy and mechanical.
>>
>>6399542
I said it was about half less noticeable, not all gone. In-hand less so. The joint is placed in deeper on a different angle than the promo shots apparently. Left knee it's barely there.

It's like that every time because to get the max bend of the limb you need the single joint to be off centered. Therefore you got more meat on the other side and he sculpts that in a way to hide the joint from that side when straight. Another way would be to have the joint closer to the center and then get the range by scraping out the meat of the side being folded. Figma does this more so, and that is not perfect either.

Being thinner overall, it's way less noticeable for Gwen compared to past Yamaguchi Revos. If you can't take this, then just don't bother.
>>
File: shekickshigh.jpg (238KB, 1923x1282px) Image search: [Google]
shekickshigh.jpg
238KB, 1923x1282px
Got Gwen yesterday and she's a treat to pose.

Can't wait for Wolverine in the near future.
>>
>>6400723
Nice harem, anon.
>>
>>6400723
>Using one of those KR tire stand's for the bikes as a foot stand
clever
>>
>>6393486
Does that snap on with no problem?
>>
>>6400784
It's from 2chan. I doubt it Gwen has a pretty specific peg hole for the face part, and a not so universal ball joints fro the neck.
>>
My Gwen is on the way, and a bootleg Spiderman.

I'm really looking forward to this.
>>
>>6401215
>bootleg Spiderman
but why?
>>
>>6401277

was cheap and the spiderman bootlegs are supposed to be pretty ok.

I have some legit replacement joints if his break.
>>
>>6401279
Why would you throw away money on something of lower quality when you could just get the re-release for like 5K.
>>
File: turtle.png (978KB, 1210x584px) Image search: [Google]
turtle.png
978KB, 1210x584px
Shartimusprime's review sold me on the Revoltech Ninja Turtles and I bought all four. If they're even half as fun as they look I can't wait.
>>
>>6401621
They're pretty nice.

Not perfect, but they're more than acceptable for Japanese 1/12 scale and GOD TEIR compared to Playmates.
>>
>>6401631
I already have the SHF Turtles which are immaculate. I just took a harder look at the Revo turtles the other day and realized they look super fun.

I'm really glad they're doing these Amazing Yamaguchi Marvel guys. I only have Deadpool so far but he's already one of my favorite figures after owning him for three weeks. Really made me realize how much I actually like Revoltechs.
>>
>>6401638
Thats how I feel about the Venom Snake Vulcanlog. Him and the Amazings have got me really into Revoltechs again to the point that I'm starting to pick up some older ones that I missed.
>>
What is the best Getter-1? I've heard New is pretty good, but I've never been the biggest fan of the design.
>>
>>6401848
New? It's shit. Well it was the first one where it was carried over to be a revo instead of cut joints only Yamaguchi figure. But overall it is the lowest of the Revo Getters.

My personal favorite is the renewal version of Getter-1. The first version of 1 and Black Getter is okay but not having revo joint shoulders it's not as fun. Besides that they are all solid Revos. Dragon is probably the easiest to get, if you still count it as a 1.
>>
>>6401848

New is actually pretty bad The best bang for your buck is either going to be Renewal Getter 1 or Dragon.
>>
So are the Revoltech EVANGELION EVOLUTION like an improved version of the old Revoltechs?
>>
>>6401277
The paint on my KO is way cleaner than the official.
>>
>>6402427
How old are you talking about?

Evolution version started after they did Evas up to the 2nd movie. Then they did the movie Evas again with a new body format plus base parts to recreate movie scenes.

Those are being released again with Evangelion Evolution as an actual separate brand. It will probably be all of the Evolution body Evas and then the later sculpts from the 3rd movie.

Hopefully we will see some brand new sculpts too.
>>
EVA Mark.06 and Mark.09 November release, preorders are up.

Good catch for that anon who said that almost a month ago. 02 and 04 for the following month should be correct too then.

I think it would be funny if one of the month it was both 08, all pink.
>>
>>6402457
How are the new body formats? I really want some EVA stuff
>>
>>6402477
It is perfect for articulation. The body form looks natural and fluid in action poses. Head sculpt for 01 is not the best but besides that everyone else looks fine. The hip joint is a regural swivel cut then revo joints to spread the legs to the sides, so is easy to pose.

The body proportion might be loved if you are like a sticker to screen accuracy. The Q Evas which are different sculpt obviously and some different jointing are way way better in that sense I think they look damn perfect. Q Evas would be reiisued for the first time with this? Legacy skipped them I think. So they will get the newer joints for the first time.
>>
>>6402504
>The body proportion might be loved if
Sorry I mean "might not be" as in it is very distinct.
>>
>>6399647
>defending literal sharp knees
Comedy
>If you can't take this, then just don't bother.
And i don't, because it's ugly. Along with the other nasty joint issues.
>>
bootleg venoms are showing up on ebay already
>>
>>6402441
Pics
>>
>>6402684
woah, edgy!
>>
>>6403289
how is that edgy?
>>
File: DSC03421.jpg (237KB, 778x999px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03421.jpg
237KB, 778x999px
I had high hopes, but she really is the real deal isn't she?
>>
File: 1454377842577.gif (486KB, 475x347px) Image search: [Google]
1454377842577.gif
486KB, 475x347px
>>6401621
>no revo shredder ever
>>
File: 42.jpg (183KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
183KB, 1280x1024px
I kind of wish they redid the regular Eva units, be it old or new designs, using the Mark.09 mold as a base. I think it looks better than the Evolution body, and still poses pretty well. I liked how they did the shoulder pylons for the later Q Revos too compared to the Evolution body. You only need to change a few places to get your typical Eva units.

Yeah yeah everyone is sick of all the Evas but I feel like they got it so right at the end and didn't push further.
>>
File: wifehand.jpg (28KB, 747x767px) Image search: [Google]
wifehand.jpg
28KB, 747x767px
>didn't have money when Gwen preorders
>now have money
>but Gwen preorders over
>mfw
>>
File: triple+combo.jpg (230KB, 1923x1282px) Image search: [Google]
triple+combo.jpg
230KB, 1923x1282px
>>6403788
https://hlj.com/product/KYD01303

You're welcome.
>>
Is it just me, or Gwen's head is tiny?
>>
>>6403854
the unmasked one is.

Makes sense, I think spider-man's head is too small, too.
>>
>>6403816
But I'm banned from HLJ, you swine.
>>
File: 1477667214571.jpg (28KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
1477667214571.jpg
28KB, 294x265px
>>6403873
Too bad sweet cheeks.
>>
File: zzz.jpg (34KB, 547x480px) Image search: [Google]
zzz.jpg
34KB, 547x480px
>>6403816
Just ordered her, what am I in for?
>>
>>6403370
>Sharp knees
>edgy
>>
>>6403873
What did you get banned over? Send them an email and beg for forgiveness.
>>
>>6404159

But the only way anyone gets unbanned at HLJ is by commiting sudoku to expunge the dishonor from their family.
>>
>>6404446
>sudoku
I really hope that was a joke within the joke and not a genuine mistake.
>>
>>6402427
They are re-releases of the Eva Evo figures from 2011.

>>6402457
>Those are being released again with Evangelion Evolution as an actual separate brand
That's how they were originally released. They had their own logo and everything.

In other news, the Queen's Blade reboot site went up a week ago and there's an as-yet-unused page for figures. Probably just going to be statueshit but I remain optimistic. I hate the new artstyle but it's better than the franchise staying dead, I guess.

http://queensblade.net/unlimited/
>>
>>6404560
I hope the reboot is in full trash CG like Berserk.
>>
>>6404567
Season 2 is pretty cool. I do wish they could pay for keeping it 2D, but this is probably the best we'll get for a while.
>>
>>6404579
Season 2 is just as bad as season 1 in terms of quality.

Better just wait another 10 years for it to be remade.
>>
>>6404567
>I hope the reboot is in full trash CG like Berserk.
CG is the future of anime whether you like it or not. People who know about the industry in depth know why it's a necessity. The overall shitty nature of a lot of CG anime is mostly due to growing pains as they learn how to use the software and develop techniques. It's no different than when digital coloring started to replace traditional animation cels. Digital coloring started out looking like dog shit and almost everything from that era looks pretty bad but once they figured it out we got some amazing looking stuff.

>>6404579
Nah fuck that. Season 2 was fucking trash mate. Those two episodes with Grunbeld were a travesty even with a recap episode to give them more time and nothing in the first season got close to being that horrendous. The director just doesn't understand how to do an action scene and the music is improperly used despite the soundtrack being pretty decent. The first season on Bluray fixed some of the more egregiously bad parts so hopefully season 2 fixes those two episodes.

I still think Berserk deserved the 2D treatment because unlike the Golden Millennium Arc that's full of big ass war scenes with tons of shit on screen at once these two seasons had a lot less going on. I defended Studio 4C using CG precisely because animating that arc in 2D would have cost a fortune or required a lot of still screen shots. First movie was pretty mediocre in terms of CG but the second and third were vastly better and overall Studio 4C had much better directing chops and use of music to match imagery. I wish they had been able to afford Studio 4C to animate the tv series.
>>
>>6404560
Super nitpicking, I know, but I'm not saying it wasn't called Evolution back then, that it is now an actual separate brand. I'm pretty sure Eva Evo was still under the brand of Revoltech Yamaguchi. So I wouldn't call it a separate brand where the distinctions were clearer, like Fraulein, Takeya, Tokusatsu, etc.

Evolution name was much more to do with distinguishing it from all the past Eva revos back then, and now they're using the name as a Eva only revo brand.
>>
>>6404567

I own 37 volumes of Berserk and despite all of the shafting the series has received on the show front I would never wish that level of CG garbage on anything. Nothing deserves CG that bad.
>>
>>6404560
I have no doubt the media mixing for the figure side will just be statues. That's how they do things at Hobby Japan 95% of the time.

I'm sad they pretty much ignored most Grimoire even in that regards.

>>6404597
Not sure why, but all the Japanese CGI anime I've seen looks choppy, like I can see the frames. Maybe they cut the scenes so artificially it stands out when in motion? Like traditional animation how much the character moves from picture to picture is organic, but with CG animation yo have the sequence first then cut it up evenly for the series of pictures...? I'm not that familiar with animation. Not sure what is the actual cause. Something like Clone Wars and Rebels it's not there.
>>
>>6404597
>I wish they had been able to afford Studio 4C to animate the tv series.

I read in an article once that almost no money from international sales go to the anime studios themselves, but to middle-men.
Japanese animators often live below the poverty line and are expected to work 16 hour worksdays, 6 days a week with little time off. It kind of makes me sad.
>>
>>6404593
The story and characters are still fun and I don't read the manga, too much work.

The animation quality should be top notch; I wish Mad House would have a go at it, but that probably costs too much.
>>
>>6404630
>I read in an article once that almost no money from international sales go to the anime studios themselves, but to middle-men.
That's sorta true. It depends on a variety of factors though. For instance...if the studio is adapting something and being paid by some production committee they wouldn't even see any money from sales in JAPAN. It's essentially work for hire. The problem with investing in original works or adaptations is it can kill a studio if it flops. Studio Manglobe is a great example of this. They put a bunch of money into Michiko no Hatchin and it flopped badly. Like so badly it didn't even register on the sales charts which means it probably sold less than 100 copies. Put them in such deep debt they never got out of it and were forced to work on tons of adaptations where they were a work for hire studio. They tried a few other original animations and those flopped as well.

>Japanese animators often live below the poverty line and are expected to work 16 hour worksdays, 6 days a week with little time off. It kind of makes me sad.
Yep, this is part of why 3D is not going to go away. It alleviates some of that stress on them and has the potential to make it less of a slave industry.

>>6404623
>Not sure why, but all the Japanese CGI anime I've seen looks choppy, like I can see the frames.
It's partly intentional and partly lack of budget. The problem with limited frames in 3D is there is an expectation of fluidity but also with 2D you can be more expressive and exaggerate things to imply motion greater than what is actually happening. That's why GG Xrd looks amazing (every frame is hand crafted) because it brings 2D techniques into a 3D environment. You can watch a making of segment on youtube showing why that game looks so much better than most CGI anime. Simply put...3D offers consistency but that consistency in models can also lead to choppy looking animation if the models aren't being skewed, stretched, scaled, blurred and transformed.
>>
>>6390974
Das it mane
>>
>>6404633
Are you seriously justifying good art for that pile of shit "too much work"?

What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>6404633

>I don't read the manga, too much work

so much this

reading hard af
>>
>>6404734
>>6404633
Interesting, I'm the complete opposite. But reading is so much faster and easier for me in Japanese. On the other hand those all capitalized English text, just kill me all the letters looks the same. Hence I'll never be a comic book person.

To stay on topic, the QB reboot, best case scenario we see some reissue revoltechs. Very low chance though, like almost zero, because Kaiyodo has no brand for them anymore. And they look different from the new versions, so kind of confusing.

Union Creative's VulcanLog...hard to tell because they haven't been clear on how they will continue the line.

I think the best chance for seeing some action figures is Hobby Japan themselves making their own action figure line. I don't think they have yet? There was a time when couple of statue making companies got into the action figure trade so it might happen.
>>
>>6404748
Oh and by opposite I mean watching an anime is too much work, being time consuming and all.
>>
File: DSC03427.jpg (211KB, 648x968px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03427.jpg
211KB, 648x968px
>tfw the thread's so off track you couldn't tell this was the revoltech tab
>>
File: DSC03439.jpg (232KB, 778x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03439.jpg
232KB, 778x1000px
>>6404789
>>
File: DSC03444.jpg (205KB, 648x968px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03444.jpg
205KB, 648x968px
>>6404791
>>
File: DSC03450.jpg (258KB, 778x1081px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03450.jpg
258KB, 778x1081px
>>6404794
>>
File: DSC03467.jpg (229KB, 1162x778px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03467.jpg
229KB, 1162x778px
>>6404796
>>
>>6404600
Yeah, I just saw this http://ununion.jp/blog-entry-576.html, so you're right. The logo's different from the old one and they're being handled by Union Creative now.
>>
File: FIGURE-030370_08.jpg (86KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-030370_08.jpg
86KB, 800x800px
He looks so good. I would've prefered X-Force or the brown costume but Astonishing is fine
>>
>>6404877
>they're being handled by Union Creative now.
Huh? Oh yeah even on Kaiyodo's site the maker is UC. So the distributor.

You know what, looking at the old Eva-13's box it says UC as well. Right UC took over distribution from someone else quite a while ago but I forget who. Xebec was way way back then, so it was someone after that, then UC for like the main Revoltechs. Kenelephant for the Sci-Fi, Takeya, and now basically foreign IPs.
>>
>>6393793
>I can't pose revoltech
every time.
>>
>>6393853
Are you blind?
>>
>>6400723
man, I don't even gib a shit about spiderman and I'm starting to want that gwen, dem curves, dat articulation
>>
File: young justice GL.png (991KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
young justice GL.png
991KB, 1280x720px
>>6404597
>>6404597
>CG is the future of anime whether you like it or not. People who know about the industry in depth know why it's a necessity.
Why is it necessary?
Last i read, CGI was still more costly to produce than hand animating stuff, like by a lot.

The reason CGI is used is because it has a "premium" value, mostly because it's just rarer to see, so it attracts more attention... in theory.
>>
>>6404999

Nah, same as videogames, hand drawn shit is far more costly nowadays. Gone are the days of beautiful spritework and animation, now all we get is bland, plastic-looking CGI.
>>
File: animation japan salary.jpg (139KB, 807x419px) Image search: [Google]
animation japan salary.jpg
139KB, 807x419px
>>6405042
Nah, CGI is still more expensive, unless something happened in the past 2 years?

Or is Japanese labor really really that much cheaper... but not really, since i know that CGI animators over there actually get a living wage.

Only reason i heard for animation to go over to CGI is handle more complex scenes, as they take forever to animation in 2d... which would still cost less despite that.

Also, i read that sprite animators don't really exist anymore and are most costly now because of their rarity.
>>
File: 789788.jpg (66KB, 640x481px) Image search: [Google]
789788.jpg
66KB, 640x481px
Is my spider gwen defective?

Her torso-pelves joint is really loose that her body collapses if I try to pose her in a neutral stance. Have to lock the joint at an angle to get her to stand up right.
>>
>>6405179
So, the ball joint, not the revo joint?

I don't understand why they took a step backwards. They were smart enough to make the surface of the ball joints for V Snake, DP and Spidey rough and bumpy, increasing the friction. But with Gwen it was smooth. Thus I feel there is a weaker tension to the ball joints.

Pop out the joint, blast the socket with heat and let it cool for a while. Then just pop back in the ball joint. If that's not enough have a layer of something between the ball and the socket, tissue paper, super glue, etc etc.
>>
>>6405206
thanks for the tip
>>
>>6405179
I just took some of the anti-paint transfer clear plastic that came with her and put it between that joint. The resulting tension feels perfect honestly.
>>
>>6404726
There's nothing wrong with me anon. I'm a realist. I don't expect Japanese animators to gleefully submit to slave-like labour conditions just so you can jerk-off to 2D waifus.
>>
>>6405393
No you're a lazy sack of crap.
>>
>>6405399
Please go and fall down a flight of stairs.
>>
File: DeadpoolBeingDeadpool.jpg (585KB, 1444x1136px) Image search: [Google]
DeadpoolBeingDeadpool.jpg
585KB, 1444x1136px
>>6405393
>I don't expect Japanese animators to gleefully submit to slave-like labour conditions just so you can jerk-off to 2D waifus

Your loss then, because that already happens. How else do you think all of these hentai get made?
>>
>>6405463
Learn to read first then I'll think about it.
>>
>>6404553
Spelling suicide as sudoku/suicune/whatever has been a joke for a while now.
>>
Reading up on some Japanese threads, the next AY will likely be a character associated with Wolverine, or so it says on Figure-Oh apparently.

I don't think Sabretooth will happen, so probably Cyclops or X-23. Bu then I think it will be a while until we see another female because sales of Gwen was a factor in making more of those. I guess any core X-men character can fit that slot.
>>
>>6405881
X-23 would be hype as shit. Gwen's body is damned near perfect as it is, all he has to do is resculpt her upper torso to remove the hood, and make some new snikt feet. It'd probably be a costume I don't like, like the generic sports-bra/pants, but I'd still buy it.
>>
>>6405879
Huh, interesting, they merged sudoku and seppuku.

At least it's clearly intentional, I hate the Bonsai Banzai mixup still to this day. And a bit angry on the wrong use of the term Emoji. But what can you do.

>>6405884
I'm sure we will get more female super heroes out if this. Even if they kept going X-Men characters there are fair bunch of them they could do.
>>
>>6405884
X-23 seems like a perfect thing to do right now.
>>
>>6405881
Jubilee would be nice
>>
>>6405896
So far the AY line had some loose connections with the movies being released. Except for Venom, of which official movie news came later (maybe see Carnage Revo then?). X-23 will likely happen when she comes back in the movies. Unless they planed a back to back Wolverine X-23 duo with the Logan movie ahead of time and that Gwen sales determines future female revos was a lie.
>>
>>6405909
As terrible as her trenchcoat could end up (see vash), I'd still love this too.

>>6405910
Considering the timing of when deadpool first got teased, I'd 100% believe that characters in this line are chosen entirely on whatever comic book movie yamaguchi liked recently.
>>
how much does amiami charge for spider gwen shipping? What's her weight?
>>
>>6405935
>comic book movie yamaguchi liked recently.
He saw those movies way later than when he made them. He watched them because of the figures he made is more accurate.

I'm sure the guy who does pick the characters is timing the release or preoorder around the time when those characters are at the highest trending status, as in when movies or dvds are released in Japan.

I forgot about Gwen, but I believe she was timed along with the first release of her comic in Japanese. She might have been a test to see if non-movie character could sell well too.
>>
>>6405935
>see vash
what about him? The coat-tails are fine. They can billow about and create a nice sense of dynamic motion or wind.

But they're not at all like what would be demanded out of a quality trenchcoat, which I don't think revoltech could deliver on satisfactorily.
>>
>>6406010
Vash is actually one of my favorite revoltechs if only because his joint placement is nearly perfect, but his coat is a fiddly mess. And that's with the benefit of the design helping it out with how it's supposed to be in strips too, a normal raincoat that's not broken up would be way worse.

>>6406007
I remember him tweeting about the deadpool movie a couple while before the toy was announced, but I could be remembering it wrong. Good point about gwen though, I had no idea it only recently got translated.
>>
>about to order Gwen
>remember Miles BLACKED her
No thanks. I like my waifus pure
>>
>>6406025
gr8
more gwens for me
>>
>>6406025
>worried about her being BLACKED

Mutha fucka she got OSBORN'd. How can you respect a girl that took dick from the Green Goblin?
>>
>>6405935
>>6406010
>>6406020

Yamaguchi is all about those wavy coats, he has done it multiple times so it would be fine unless you're upset they are not resting still.

They could use 6mm to support the weight.

>>6406020
Pretty sure he talked of the movie after. Well seen it after. The movie came out later in Japan, and I think the revoltech matched up with the DVD release? I'm not exactly sure too lazy to check dates right now. Not sure how to look back at old tweets effectively. But Yamaguchi's initial recognition of DP was "Ninja Spider-Man" so pretty sure he had no idea who the character was.
>>
File: a2249125676_16.jpg (85KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a2249125676_16.jpg
85KB, 700x700px
>>6405959
She was 11 dollars to ship by herself using air small packet, which took a week to arrive. Shipping can go as low as 5 bucks if you're willing to take longer shipping rates.
>>
>>6406025
That never happened though
>>
>>6406040
Some girls just like to gobble the gobbie.
>>
>>6406187
not the original anon but I remember seeing a cover with both of them kissing. False marketing? (wouldn't be the first time)
>>
>>6406501

Comic covers almost never actually are relevant to what is contained within the issue. This is a time honored gimmick just to garner sales.
>>
>>6406618
Like gorillas? I heard that there was a time when gorillas boosted comic book sales, so they had one regardless if it was in the comic it self.

That's...so weird. Comic books are weird.
>>
>>6406501
They teased the idea of a romance between the two while telling a story about them solving an interdimensional crime together, there was a little bit of tension especially when they discovered a dimension where they'd been married and had kids for years, but ultimately it went absolutely nowhere.
>>
File: hr_uncr70071_d.jpg (331KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
hr_uncr70071_d.jpg
331KB, 1500x1500px
I want her already
>>
File: 000700715_13.jpg (886KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
000700715_13.jpg
886KB, 1500x1500px
>>6406736
>>
>>6406738
that's an "underwhelmed by the penis she was presented with" face if i've ever seen one
>>
>>6406738

Is the Glavenus Hunter getting reissued at any point? Missed out on him and no US sites seem to have him either.
>>
So, how good is Venom? Hell, how good are all the Spider themed revoltechs?
>>
File: 3U6mzf9.jpg (53KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
3U6mzf9.jpg
53KB, 960x720px
>>6407861

Venom is pretty great as long as you don't get shitty QC
>>
File: DEGmD7QXYAAof9q.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DEGmD7QXYAAof9q.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
THE GANG'S ALL HERE!
>>
File: DEGmE-mW0AAMXcs.jpg (259KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DEGmE-mW0AAMXcs.jpg
259KB, 1920x1080px
>>6407987
>>
File: DEGmHpEXsAAvvo3.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DEGmHpEXsAAvvo3.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
>>6407990
>>
File: DEGmGUeW0AAHS3Y.jpg (257KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DEGmGUeW0AAHS3Y.jpg
257KB, 1920x1080px
>>6407993
Better Avengers than the Avengers.
>>
>>6407987
>>6407990
>>6407993
>>6407995
Fucking sweet. Action figures have sure come a long way
>>
>>6407987
>>6407990
>>6407993
>>6407995
This is pretty awesome. I also like how Ultron is in the background like "Hey guys, I'm here too."
>>
>>6407820
He did like a month or so ago.
>>
>>6407990
god damn it, that Wolverine is so close to being the best Wolverine figure for me... yet so far. Why couldn't he had his classic blue and yellow. I'm on the fence about it. I have Venom and Spidey and love them.
>>
File: IMG_0983.jpg (4MB, 3867x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0983.jpg
4MB, 3867x3024px
Just opened mine. Everything's great, except her right leg is loose where the thigh connects to her hip. :(
>>
>>6409464
The balljoint or the cut swivel? One of my swivels is loose and there's not much I can do about it, but if it's a ball at least you've got options.
>>
Just ordered myself a Gwen. Should I wait for Venom or go ahead and grab him now?
>>
>>6409549

Grab Venom.

Also someone make a new thread already, we're on page 8. Posting slows to a crawl the moment the thread hits cap.
>>
Here you go, new one >>6409778
>>
>>6401621
They are. They are the perfect Turtle figures.

And they are hands-down the best option for the modern cartoon interpretation. There is no better option for those turtles.

If only revoltech would do the classic...or even the comic turtles as well
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.