[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General: Wolverine Festival Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 67

File: DEL1VqOU0AASdeE.jpg (115KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DEL1VqOU0AASdeE.jpg
115KB, 1200x675px
What do you want to see at WonFes?

Realistic expectations, but also why not dream big. This should be a big event for them if Kaiyodo is serious about the reboot of Revoltechs.

>JULY
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fudo Myo Oh
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Kirin U Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Woody(Toy Story)

>AUGUST
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Gundari Myo Oh
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)
Venom (reissue)
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya

>SEPTEMBER
Wolverine
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fuujin
Game Classics Vol.1 Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Game Classics Vol.1 EX Golden Armor Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)

>OCTOBER
Evangelion Evolution EVA-01
Evangelion Evolution EVA-03
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Raijin

>NOVEMBER
Evangelion Evolution EVA Mark.06
Evangelion Evolution EVA Mark.09

>TBA
Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Dino Getter 1
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Samurai (rumor)
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (6 variants)

>MIA?
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series

http://tokusatsurevoltech.com/
http://union-creative.jp/category/uc/vulcanlog/
http://kt-jizai.com/

Previous >>6389145
>>
File: wolv-sample.jpg (714KB, 3584x1340px) Image search: [Google]
wolv-sample.jpg
714KB, 3584x1340px
"Must...not...attack my boss."
>>
File: DEB8nxgV0AAE9uA.jpg (82KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DEB8nxgV0AAE9uA.jpg
82KB, 675x1200px
>>6409782
Excellent neck articulation as always.
>>
>>6409778
>What do you want to see at WonFes?
I would like a Yamaguchi Guts and a Game Classics Doomguy for maximum rip and tear.
The market has little competition for either, so I'd say they have a decent chance.
>>
>>6409778

MCU Vulture Revoltech
>>
>>6409851
I mostly want Amazing Yamaguchi to focus on comic designs but MCU Vulture would be the one exception.

Really if any import company wanted to take a crack at him I'd be down for it. He was awesome.
>>
File: 2017-07-08 09.36.41.jpg (429KB, 1236x896px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-08 09.36.41.jpg
429KB, 1236x896px
I think gwen is easily my favorite revoltech at this point. The AY line has been above average so far, but all the releases have had at least one thing that made me go "ehhh". Using revolmini joints for her shoulders worked better than I could have hoped, and going back to balljointed hips like deadpool instead of spider-man was a good move too. I know wolverine will probably backslide if only because he's bigger, but I really hope we get some other characters out of this body.

Also I've gotta point how easy it would have been to fuck up the hood, and yet it turned out perfect. Amazing range, it looks good from all directions, and even the neck proportions didn't suffer.

>>6409851
>>6409897
Yeah, this would be great. I honestly don't think any other line/company could do his wings justice.
>>
>>6409897
There is MOVIE REVO we could still have MCU stuff, like Ultron and Mark 45.
>>
>IT'S BIG AMERICAN CHEESBUGER TIME
>>
File: laev.jpg (377KB, 972x1296px) Image search: [Google]
laev.jpg
377KB, 972x1296px
Are we still allowed to talk about old Revoltech robots or is it only Amazing stuff now?
>>
>>6410127
Please do.
Sentinel ones are okay, but the prices.

I wonder if Kaiyodo backed off mecha because RD and SRC branched out so much.

I wish instead of EVA EVO they did an all Gainax dedicated Revo brand. Pump out some Angels, Buster Machines and Ganmen they didn't do.
>>
>>6410139
I got the wrong-colours GoShogun on AmiAmi for like, 1680 yen. It's of, frankly, a disgustingly higher quality than all the other ones I own.
>>
File: gosho.jpg (336KB, 972x1296px) Image search: [Google]
gosho.jpg
336KB, 972x1296px
>>6410154
And of course, I forgot pic.
>>
>>6409778

I want to see AM No6. Either Carnage or maybe something that I can skip and save myself the money.

Definitely want to see painted Zootopia revos.
>>
File: SuperMetroidVariaSuit.jpg (107KB, 300x502px) Image search: [Google]
SuperMetroidVariaSuit.jpg
107KB, 300x502px
>>6409778
The direction game.classics will be going in with a never fading hope for pic related. And whatever new Monster Hunter or Americomi stuff get's shown off will just be a cherry ontop for me.
>>
>>6410159

I really don't want to see another vanilla Varia suit done by anyone unless it's got Gravity suit colors.
>>
File: IMG_0989.jpg (1MB, 2988x4020px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0989.jpg
1MB, 2988x4020px
are these two pieces identical? are they supposed to be?
>>
>>6410159
I doubt they will do Nintendo.
>>
>>6410164
Identical, no. Symmetrical, kinda.

If you take out the knee joints it should say L and R on them, but looks like you got two R by mistake.
>>
File: 1375166768910.jpg (27KB, 284x253px) Image search: [Google]
1375166768910.jpg
27KB, 284x253px
>>6410172
god damn it
>>
>>6410175
All you gotta do is take a picture of the parts and send them to whoever you bought it from. They should send a replacement.
>>
>>6410164
Kaiyodo needs to work on their QC because this seems to be happening a lot. Seeing way more complaints about this shit than we ought to be seeing out of this new line across all the releases.
>>
>>6410358

It's probably due to far more potential buyers. Usually revo stuff is incredibly niche. But now they're doing Marvel figures, damn good ones, so people are buying in droves, US buyers too, which means more potential QC issues coming to light in places US buyers are looking.
>>
File: 1395982173292.jpg (22KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1395982173292.jpg
22KB, 251x231px
so i submitted a contact form through amiami website, waiting to get a response so i can attach a picture in an email

is it likely that they'll send me a replacement or am i fucked? if they do get me a replacement are they going to pay for me to ship it back?
>>
Eva Mk 9 or Venom?
>>
>>6410358
>Seeing way more complaints about this shit than we ought to be seeing out of this new line across all the releases.

Is that so? Loose pegs for Venom is not QC problem because that's just a design flaw of the weight and structure/material of the joints.
Tiny paint problems on a fully paint covered figures are unavoidable. I think it's the norm.

I had way more actual problems with Revol Minis like cracked joints, paint completely out of place and super loose PVC sockets/holes.

and of course way worse in the past when joints were falling apart, or there were plasticizer problems.

I think we just have a large influx of new people who can't handle the slightest imperfection because they paid 3 times more than Hasbro shit. It's nothing
>>
Huh, these things are Evangelions too, Mark.04 nonetheless.

Ah I see the eva crotch that's so funny. Evolution when?
>>
File: two left thighs and knees.jpg (204KB, 1709x1140px) Image search: [Google]
two left thighs and knees.jpg
204KB, 1709x1140px
>>6410164
>>6410175
Yeah I got fucked too anon with two left feet,thighs and knees. Hopefully HLJ can send out a replacement.
>>
>>6410436
>missing hands, eye plates and two right feet/thighs/hands/hips/etc
>slight imperfection
Please try again.
>>
>>6410436
Anon, we're talking about people who get 2 right legs. That's kind of a big deal.
>>
File: two left feet.jpg (153KB, 1709x1140px) Image search: [Google]
two left feet.jpg
153KB, 1709x1140px
>>6410451
And this is the two left feet.

I'm having terrible luck with these figures. My Spiderman came with two left splayed hands.
>>
Got Spider-Man and -Gwen in yesterday. I think Spider-Man might be the best toy I've ever held in my hands. Admittedly, that comes off of a month of owning reissue Deadpool and thinking it's fantastic and thinking "man, when my Spider-Man reissue comes in I bet he'll be even better". But it also comes off of a lifetime prior to this month of never really liking Revoltechs despite owning several of them alongside lines I always considered to be much better. I think they've finally caught up to the quality of other lines while retaining the advantage they've always had in actually feeling like a toy rather than something you shouldn't touch too much like other high-end figures in this scale. I'm not saying this only just happened, either, only that the Amazing Yamaguchis did it for me. Someone else said they figured out the same thing with Venom Snake in the last Revo thread, so maybe the line has just really come into its own lately.
>>
>>6410164
>>6410451
>>6410467
I got two left thighs too. I didn't notice until now.

Are replacement parts common? I ordered from amiami and I don't know how well they can get them....
>>
>>6410473
Amiami tends to same goes for HLJ if the item is in stock.
>>
>>6410478
This.
Its best to e-mail them now. Amiami is usually really good at getting back to you about replacements.
>>
>>6410452
>>6410460
Yeah I was gonna say missing or wrong parts is not as common as one would think, but having few anons here means it happens everywhere of course.

I tend to get a few multiples for Yamaguchi's stuff and so far no errors.
Like I said, Minis, way worse.

And kind of an unrelated note, I know nothing of knockoffs, anons here are all good I'm sure, but I wonder how many new people get those unknowingly from Ebay or something? I don't think Revo bootlegs production has ever been this high before?
>>
>>6410478
>>6410484
The maker always have backups for replacement so even if the sites are all sold out I think they could still get them for you. As long as it is a relatively newly released item of course.
>>
>>6410485
Revo has always had its knockoffs, but with the new Marvel figures, they have increased. Its why I never shop on e-bay unless the people selling them are reliable.
>>
Some WF speculations, new reveals. I think they will have the 5 brands shown to emphasize the new structure.

>Amazing Yamaguchi
One or two new sculpts, and maybe names for the upcoming heroes. Perhaps they will surprise us with DC characters. Momentum is good and I think they will go all out. More likely X-men characters like Cyclops and Colossus.

>Takeya
Reveal the samurai for the horse and the rumored new collaboration item.

>Movie Revo
Something Disney. I think there is an actual high chance we will get like a 1/2 scale Baby Groot. And Gamera 3 stuff if it's not dead.

>AB Nexus
Concept art for next item, like a female Jarknoid? And winner for the Armoroid color variant.

>Eva Evo
Just reissue dates, probably a group display.

As for Vulcanlogs, no clue. Hard to tell how serious they are about it anymore. If they have a proper Game Classics display showing off something brand new that would be great.

That's all pure guessing. I haven't read Figure-Oh in a long while so new good intel lately.
>>
>>6410557
>More likely X-men characters like Cyclops and Colossus.

Brush Top Cyclops would be awesome, that or Nightcrawler
>>
>>6410557
Colossus would be sweet, as well as Storm or Nightcrawler.
>>
>>6410571
Based on Wolverine I'm sure it will be this costume, or something like it. Maybe they can cheat and have an alternate head with hair out, but all the extra cost should go into effect parts for Cyclops. Alternate mouth piece for expressions? Yeah that seems cost effective.

Yamaguchi articulation style Nightcrawler would be perfect, and so gets brought up a lot, I'm not sure if he is popular enough. It's a thin line.
>>
>>6410585
Storm will be the greatest costume nightmare yet with so many distinct variations.

I could see some form of JG/Phoenix, make the love triangle if/when they have Cyclops.
>>
A common thread of all the characters in the amazing yamaguchi line so far is that they're all masked. Gwen doesn't really count, her unmasked head was pretty clearly an afterthought.
>>
>>6410607

Yeah but Venom though
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 300x168px
>>6410609
>>
>>6410609
nigga are you for real
by masked he means their face isn't shown, not the specificity of whether or not a character has an actual mask or an alien life form covering it
>>
File: 1495694326566.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1495694326566.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>6410124
>>
If they surprise us with DC characters maybe we'll get some of the less popular guys (not Batman or Superman) since the most popular guys have capes. Maybe they could handle capes, but a good plastic cape design seems to be something of a white whale for toy companies. I don't know if I've ever seen one that didn't ruin the figure or at least the poseability. In my opinion cloth capes don't look good on full plastic figures, either, so I don't know how they're going to handle capes when the time comes.

As far as Wonfes, I would like to see a classic style Punisher since I missed the ONE:12 and this would be one I could actually play with. I don't know about you guys, but I would be scared as fuck to touch ONE:12 classic Punisher if I had him because he's worth more than Hot Toys.

Almost any DC guy they throw us will be long overdue for a good toy, so I hope that's what happens. A good Hal Jordan or classic Harley Quinn would be at the top of my list (also Black Adam and Deathstroke if they weren't about to get ONE:12s).

If they figure out capes I need a Martian Manhunter.
>>
>>6410615

Yeah but it's so unlike Spider-Man and Gwen's with its detailed mouth/jaw and such you can't really say it's the same.
>>
>>6410616

Is she on drugs or something?
>>
>>6410616
wait what

it's cheeseBUGER in the comic as well? i thought kaiyodo made a typo on the box and didn't catch it or bother to fix it
>>
>>6410616
What the fuck is this
>>
>>6410627
>>6410616
>>6410124

>Oh no..it can't be! The typo that got past me the other day! The one I didn't correct when I had the chance!
>>
>>6410616
Why are her hands wrong in the third panel
>>
>>6410607
I know, and it's for the sake of being easier, less complaints, but Yamaguchi can sculpt faces if he wants to, Wolverine's mask is practically sculpting a face. So I wouldn't say it is some sort of rule.

Women's face, zero mask of any kind, tricky. But even if by another person you will not get another Gwen situation, for sure.

I agree with you, something was wrong about how that happened. Must've been so last minute they didn't have time to adjust the scaling.

>>6410596
Oh and I put down Phoenix because of future film(s?). Being in recent and future movies is a good way to predict the selection.
>>
>>6410616
What the hell is this? Is dialogue this bad at Marvel nowadays?
>>
>>6410618
Messing with Gwen really made me want a classic Harley Quinn. And Deathstroke is right up Yamaguchi's preference of characters (huge overlap with DP for obvious reasons) so would be great. I would want to see a Joker done by him though.

Yeah capes make things tricky for both Marvel and DC. I still think he can pull it off making it like wings, 4 pieces 4 joints with overlaps.

Staying capeless, I really want a Batman Beyond. I think he can sell even with no knowledge of source materials.
>>
>>6409783
Is this when he got encased in Adamantium?
>>
>>6410644
Go to /co/ and ask them to story time America for you to see how bad Marvel currently is.
>>
>>6410636
Yeah, I sorta think it was the kind of thing where someone said "hey this needs an unmasked face" and they were pressed for time. I didn't mean it as a hard rule or anything either, the kirins look great so yamaguchi's clearly still got it. As far as this line and future speculation goes though, I think masked characters are a safe bet.
>>
>>6410616
Don't worry guys if your Gwen has two left hands it's suppose to.
>>
>>6410654

nah he died on his knees there, reminds me of those photos of that one burning monk photo
>>
>>6410616
>keytaur
>>
>>6410658
>the kirins look great so Yamaguchi's clearly still got it.
That's someone from Union. He does the articulation only for most Vulcanlogs.

Probability is higher for sure.
>>
>>6410154
>>6410156
If the wrists were better, and they didn't blindly follow an old Yamaguchi revo joint schema like idiots the figure would've been so much better.

Baikanfu had better hold on the wrist pegs so at least they noticed the flaw. Dino Getter has 6mm joints I think last time they shown it. Yay the got to like Gurren Lagann, Revo No.50 by the third try.
>>
File: dinoG.jpg (460KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
dinoG.jpg
460KB, 1536x2048px
>>6410682
>Dino Getter has 6mm joints
Took a look at the photos, I was thinking of the big sword Hunters, my bad.

Getter has a thick simple peg for wrists probably, no joints. So step backwards? It probably works better though.
>>
>>6410448
>eva crotch
holy shit i never fucking noticed that before
>>
>>6410635
>Marvel quality.
>>
File: cap-acrobatics-l.jpg (329KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
cap-acrobatics-l.jpg
329KB, 1440x900px
I don't really keep up to date with Revoltech but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the odds are of them doing an Amazing Yamaguchi Captain America? I'd love a Cap figure that could actually pull off some of the acrobatics from the comics. Spidey and Logan have tempted me, but Cap would be a day one pre-order for me, for sure.

Bonus points if they do the patrician classic costume instead of the pleb tier modern/mcu version of the costume
>>
>>6411014
>classic costume
Nah, they will keep the designs roughly in the same, modern style period.

It's hard to judge with MCU featured characters. Kaiyodo operates, thrives on even, on doing stuff differently. Will they make the same characters SHF, figma has already done, or will likely do? Do movie designs sell better than comic designs? Does having one hinders the other?

With Spider-Man I think they had the best timing for release, and he is the best selling comic book hero, so they went for it.

Besides that, maybe Iron Man will be the first if they are going for major Avengers.
>>
>>6411014

Probably good chance, but be prepared for a Monkey's Paw on the costume. Venom's missing his white hand squares, Wolverine isn't in his classic or his brown costume, so expect Cap to be, I dunno, some random shit costume or fuckin' Captain Falconmerica.
>>
>>6411151
The white squares on Venom always depended on the artist. He did have them more often than not though.
>>
>>6410616
2cringy
>>
>>6410436
>I think we just have a large influx of new people who can't handle the slightest imperfection because they paid 3 times more than Hasbro shit. It's nothing

I own a whole lot of revoltechs, from the start until MGSV, none of them have had QC errors but it happened with Lazengan coming with 2 identical right fists parts. It's definitely not the norm for revoltech and shouldn't be. Message the store/seller you've bought it from and tell them this is a worrying new issue with revoltech, I'm sure they'll give feedback to Kaiyodo if it's happening a lot more often.
>>
>>6410666
that's Takeya's collaborator from the SIC line, not Union, forgot his name but he basically sculpts most toys designed by Takeya now if Takeya doesn't sculpt it himself.
>>
>>6411395
Ando?
>>
>>6411157
which artist didn't draw the squares?

And dont bring up variants and not-Brocks.
>>
>>6411395
Did we just have another one of those mix-ups where you're talking of the actual Kirin, the dragon horse whatever when we were talking about the Kirin armor hunter girl from MH?

Jizai Okimono Kirin was sculpted by Fukumoto fyi.
>>
File: 1.jpg (194KB, 735x980px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
194KB, 735x980px
Now that Yamaguchi actually made a female revoltech in his modern style, how many people do you think are mad again for not making Quiet to go along with Venom Snake? Or are they over it by now?

Also, I finished my face replacement. Sorry for the odd photo it's dual-purpose.
>>
File: JLU Panic in the Sky.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
JLU Panic in the Sky.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>6411637

Looks like Bruce Timm's Supergirl
>>
>>6411645
Yup, same Bruce Timm face for all the girls. It came out nicely all things considered. Size was pretty much a perfect fit.

I think art style wise it's a better option than some anime face from a random figma.
>>
>>6411622
oh yeah, okay, yes I mixed this up. I thought you were talking about Takeya's Kirin because you said "Kirins". I didn't realize the MH Kirin armor is also coming out as two separate paintjobs. My bad anon.
>>
>>6411014
>Bonus points if they do the patrician classic costume instead of the pleb tier modern/mcu version of the costume
Yamaguchi just kind of combines designs at random, so if we do get a cap he'll be a hodge podge of designs. I doubt there will be any MCU influence at all, but expect like, now/ult cap mixed with some elements of the classic design if we get Cap at all. I'd say the same if we ever got a classic iron man in the americomu line too.
Yamaguchi doesn't have to stick to one design and generally doesn't.
Outside of like, Gwen who's just a persistent meme of a character who only ever had one generalized design.
>>
>>6411827
>Yamaguchi just kind of combines designs at random
All the Amazing Yamaguchi figures we've gotten so far have been based off of a specific costume, with at most a few changes like Deadpool's strap on his left leg to hide the thigh cut. The one exception is Venom whose design is fluid enough anyway that it's not exactly inaccurate because of it.
>>
>>6411827
It will be a specific costume, but he will manipulate the style (not design) to bring it closer to an ideal look. Like Wolverine's suit, I don't know if there is a really specific name but all the design details matches with the House of M cover suit, such as no yellow squares on the gloves.

So it wont be like a crazy mixture or some original version of costumes, but would be "expressed" in his own stylization. With CA I can see it being a later suit but the proportions are more like the classic, bodybuilder-like than athletic build.
>>
>>6410664
Shiny colossus yes please!
>>
>>6411888
A Colossus figure with the same type of glossy paint as Venom and Wolverine would be fantastic.
>>
Hello, guys. I'm new to Marvel Revoltech line (currently I don't own any figure). But I used to have a Big Boss.

I sold my Big Boss because of QC (broken bandanna) and the awful articulation. Seriously, I don't really enjoyed the revolver articulation.

But then, I'm planning on selling my toys and focus on Marvel Revoltech. I have a few questions.

1) Will there will be a constant flux of releases every now and then? I don't want to sell all my toys to collect the few figures we have so far.

2) How's the articulation so far? Still revolver? Is it good? Any QC problems? I looked up some reviews and I really liked what I've seen.

3) Will Revoltech buy any DC license? I would love to see some!

4) Any leaked toy for WF?
>>
>>6412211
Technically the Amazing Yamaguchi line isn't just Marvel. That's all that's been released under the line so far, but they've said they intend to release some other western licenses through it, and possibly even some Japanese licenses eventually.
>>
>>6412211
>Any QC problems?
>>6410164
>>6410358
>>6410451
>>6410467
>>6410473
>>
File: 20170206_185019.jpg (878KB, 1636x920px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_185019.jpg
878KB, 1636x920px
>>6412211
I only have Spidey and Ultron to vouche for but they are prettt damn fun even though Ultron's leg sculpt does hinder movement with that odd rectangle piece. Spiderman is wonderful to pose all around
>>
File: Spiderman4.jpg (513KB, 1422x928px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman4.jpg
513KB, 1422x928px
>>6412211
>But then, I'm planning on selling my toys and focus on Marvel Revoltech

Why would you sell off your old stuff? No real reason to. Also we have no idea how long the line will continue, or what will be featured in the future beyond Wolverine.

The line is a mix of joints depending on figure, include ball joints, swivels, and revo joints.
>>
>>6412211
>and the awful articulation. Seriously, I don't really enjoyed the revolver articulation.
>But then, I'm planning on selling my toys and focus on Marvel Revoltech
You don't like the revolver stuff from past experiences, but you still want tot sell your current collection to purchase toys that have joints you don't like.
What?
I mean it's your stuff, but that just seems a bit weird
From my experience, Deadpool's pretty good, but watch out for those thin pegs with the swords
My Spidey has sloppy panel lining, but I haven't stop messing with him since he first released
I haven't really messed with Venom that much honestly
>>
>>6412211
1) Nothing is definite, but I say we will have a few years run. Besides there has always been a Yamaguchi sculpted Revoltech series since 2006 and non-revo before that.
Maybe a release pacing of 4-6 of these per year.

2) Articulation is great, might take some fiddling, but they are more newcomer friendly, maybe. Less reliance on standard revolver joints and increased use of regular ball-socket joints and non-ratchet joints, some with a ball end. QC I've been okay so far.

3) They should already have some DC license, or be easy to get them for comics because even though live-action, they've done many Batman items. From day one the Amazing Yamaguchi line was described as doing multiple licenses in the "comic book style" so I'm sure eventually it will be similar to the old Yamaguchi Revoltechs, doing different figures.

4) No, maybe on a magazine it said the next one will be associated with Wolverine. I think that just means X-Men.

AND they said there will be a constant restocking of these plus the other lines, ans starting to see that with the quick reissuing.
>>
>>6412211
Also you probably don't know this but the revolver joints themselves changed a few years ago. They have more ratchets, more increments than before so that should make posing easier for you as well.

Granted what really makes Yamaguchi figures trickier are the angles the joints are placed in...but it's really not a big deal.
>>
>>6412225
>>6412231
>>6412233
>>6412279
>>6412301
>>6412302
>>6412307

Thanks guys.
>>
Oh, another question. I live in Latin America. Should I get them by a japanese proxy or should I get them by american proxy? Proxies aren't taxed here, but normal shipping are.
>>
File: asscryed.jpg (252KB, 644x660px) Image search: [Google]
asscryed.jpg
252KB, 644x660px
That Gwen figure is beautiful, but her unmasked head is so damn tiny. I can't have no tiny-heads on my shelf. This sucks.

Also, my friend got Venom for $18 on eBay. Should I tell him it's gonna be bootleg??
>>
>>6412386
Better tell him
>>
>>6412231
Two left thighs,legs and feet here. Looks like I'll have to ship it back to HLJ.

Kinda a pain but hey they're reimbursing my shipment fee so sa'll good I suppose. Unless I get fucked again by the replacement.
>>
>>6412211
why the need to sell all your stuff? lack of funds or just want to start over with fewer stuff?
>>
File: Spiderman5.jpg (746KB, 1718x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman5.jpg
746KB, 1718x1442px
>>6412317

Also if you ever want another Snake figure, the Vulcanlog Venom Snake (not the mini ones, the regular size one) is great, and Deadpool is basically a "copy" of him, as they use literally the same joints for everything, down to the thigh joints.
>>
I'm bored. Have a picture.
>>
File: MLismag-13.jpg (389KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
MLismag-13.jpg
389KB, 1024x682px
Hoping to see Amecomi Mag' fuckin Neto. We never had a semi decent Legends of such a pivotal character
>>
>>6412747
Is the Spiderman Revoltech worth ¥5015 from HLJ? How much do they usually charge for shipping to the West Coast of the US? I'm getting this week and am considering getting him.
>>
>>6412850
Actually, now I'm considering Deadpool. Which is better, the Spiderman or Deadpool revoltech?
>>
>amiami says they're getting lots of complaints about defective Gwen and can't offer replacement
>can ship me the part or I can ship it back for full refund

idk why they won't just send me another one and have me ship mine back. As it stands now I'm going to ship it back for a refund and then buy it again from them, so it's effectively the same thing.
>>
>>6413007
>problems are so widespread AmiAmi won't even give normal service
FUCK. Now I am worried about the ones I ordered at HLJ having issues. Am I even going to get a good one out of the two I ordered?
>>
>>6413007
Speculation on my part, but perhaps its a very common problem and most batches might be affected.

Sending you the replacement parts would be better than russian roulette, I'd go the replacement part if you want a figure after all of that.

Besides who's got time to fix existing figures in a busy online store?
>>
>>6413023
I would accept the replacement part if I were completely satisfied with the rest of the figure, but I noticed a very minor yellow discoloration in the white paint on one of the arms, and the leg with the correct thigh piece has a very loose swivel

you guys said the amazing yamaguchi line is going to be constantly produced for a while, or is this speculation? Considering waiting it out for a few weeks and buying their next batch if it's true
>>
>>6413030
Deadpool, Spidey and Venom all got new batches up for PO after they initially sold out. Don't see why Gwen would be different.
>>
File: ISawThatListWadeYouFucker.jpg (530KB, 1456x1244px) Image search: [Google]
ISawThatListWadeYouFucker.jpg
530KB, 1456x1244px
>>6412862
>>6412850

Better is probably subjective here. They're both great. And yeah I got mine from HLJ so it's worth it. Shipping though, thats up to you. Do you want to wait a month+ for your stuff? Go for a cheapo shipping. Want it in a reasonable timeframe? EMS, but it's gonna cost you like $20.
>>
>>6412862
It's obviously up to opinion, but I personally can't stand the design of Spider-Man, while Deadpool is one of my favorite figures.

Spider-Man seems to be just as well articulated, if not more-so, as Deadpool, but I just can't get over some of the flawed design choices, like the knees, or everything about the head.

But if those aren't problems for you, you're probably not gonna get a better articulated Spider-Man than this one, so get him.
>>
File: image.jpg (376KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
376KB, 1306x980px
>>6412850
>>6412862
On HLJ when you put something in your cart it gives you a shipping estimate. If you ship him the slow way he'll probably be around 800 yen and around 1800 yen for EMS. I shipped him EMS with Gwen and Synthetic Human and it was 2400 yen total for shipping, so if you have some other things you want you can pad your order and get it fast while also getting a good price on shipping.

Spider-Man and Deadpool are both great choices, but the super articulation probably does lend itself better to someone as limber as Spidey.
>>
>>6413007
That's pretty lame I got to return/replaced my copy at HLJ without a fuss but would've preferred replacement parts but guess I'll just have to play the lottery.

Would be sad if I got two right thighs this time oh well.
>>
>>6413206
this is my first time buying a revoltech figure and I'm pretty bummed that it seems to be pretty much a coin flip on whether or not you'll get a passable figure with no issues :(
>>
>>6413007
>>6413206
I wonder how much of that is actual overwhelming parts errors or amiami being terrible at customer service. They have that reputation, right? Are they understaffed or something?

Even when I did replacement for some figure while I was in Japan, directly with the manufacturer, it was replacing the entire toy, so that might be the standard as far as I know.

It was cool though, you do a swap with the delivery person.
>>
>>6413223
That sucks to hear. I've actually never had problems with revoltech even in the past. The only time its fucked me over is with the Marvel line and its Gwen and Spiderman having two splayed left hands.

>>6413243
Amiami use to send out replacement parts back then. I know for a fact Mandarake does and its maybe better to buy it there as they're guaranteed to ship you a replacement as far as I know from experience.
>>
>>6411666
Which supergirl did you use?
>>
>>6413007
Did gwen come with an instruction sheet?

Amiami wants more pictures of her same thighs, my shipping notice, and the instruction sheet photo with the thigh in question circled.
>>
>>6413360
Yes it did
They didn't ask for that from me. they wanted detailed well lit pictures of the problem on the figure and a picture of the figure and invoice/shipping together
>>
File: Mezco2017_One12-IronMan.jpg (2MB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Mezco2017_One12-IronMan.jpg
2MB, 1500x1500px
Hey, is this Iron Man good to go with Revoltech Marvel? Are they in the same scale? Proportions?
>>
>>6413325
It's the animated Zatanna from DCC actually. Hair piece is Gwen's.
>>
>>6413449

I think Revoltech is too heavy on the cartoon side. I mean look at them, looks like they went straight from comics to your shelf. This Iron Man looks too realistic.
>>
>>6413449
I'm sure we will have a AY Iron Man one day. Being a regular character in the MvC games gives a high chance for selection. And Kaiyodo loves making Iron Man figures. It'll probably look like a cartoony version of the movie suits though, like a stylized Extremis armor.
>>
>>6413449
They're to different art styles. Mezco is real world, Revo is anime. If you're ok with that than go for it, the scale is fine.
>>
I just got my first revos (Woody, Buzz & Jessie) and am finding them kinda weird to play with because of their joints.

They look great posed but I like playing with my figures and it's pretty clear that these aren't designed for that at all.

Is this true of all revos or just the toy story line?
>>
>>6413562
>playing with my figures
elaborate
>>
>>6413562
The only difference between revoltechs and any other collector Japanese figures around that size, is that they have ratchets.

If it's the ratchets, then more or less yes. I think the ones you have are not the latest joints though? If the joint pegs have a line at the end like a ring then they are the new joints.

The Revoltechs people bitch about posing are the ones Yamaguchi is involved with. He has a unique way of placing in the joints, or just having angled swivels and such to achieve high range of motion. The Toy Story ones are not those.
>>
File: 20170710_202902.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170710_202902.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
My Revoltech display so far..really hoping to get a carnage to add to it.
>>
File: 1499725474020.jpg (3MB, 3096x4128px) Image search: [Google]
1499725474020.jpg
3MB, 3096x4128px
Fix'd.
>>
>>6413797
Thank you.
>>
File: file.png (217KB, 331x524px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
217KB, 331x524px
pls
>>
>>6414256
Never.
>>
File: carnage 01.jpg (608KB, 1291x1600px) Image search: [Google]
carnage 01.jpg
608KB, 1291x1600px
>>6413644
>>6413797

>really hoping to get a carnage to add to it.

Me too, anon. Me too.

And nice display.
>>
>>6414422
He will be the villain in that Venom movie they're actually making, right?

I reckon he will be a revoltech around then.
>>
File: IMG_2621.jpg (300KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2621.jpg
300KB, 1080x1920px
Some new pics up on Yamaguchi's twitter

Paint looks so good!
>>
File: 41ain.jpg (31KB, 500x571px) Image search: [Google]
41ain.jpg
31KB, 500x571px
>>6415213
>tfw no Afro Samurai Revos
>>
>>6415220

Resembles Hazel and Cha-Cha from Umbrella Academy.
>>
>>6409778
I'm expecting another X-men character like Cyclops, but I've never been too into the X-men side of things. I'm hoping for
>Carnage
>Green Goblin
>Doom
>Ghostrider
>Daredevil
>>
>>6415245
>any X-Man we'd get wouldn't be the based 90's costumes that everyone still loves to this day

Urgh. Pass. Just pass. Only thing I'd be willing to buy would be Vampy Jubilee, and only because Jubilee is always cute. But those ugly as fuck designs from the past 15+ years? Fuck no. Shit's hideous.

Carnage, Doom, or Ghost Rider would be perfect though. Especially Doom or GR.
>>
Daredevil would be cool..but I want a Revoltech Spawn above all else. I could see them doing carnage though.
>>
>>6415245
Those would all be pretty good. They'd need to figure out a good way to make a revoltech cape for Doom but otherwise, good.

I'm probably gonna get shit for this but I think the ideal Ghost Rider for the Amazing Yamaguchi line is Robbie. Been wanting a figure of him for a while, and Yamaguchi could do that design real justice, I think.
>>
File: SpidermanContemplates.jpg (239KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SpidermanContemplates.jpg
239KB, 768x1024px
>>6415251
>I'm probably gonna get shit for this but I think the ideal Ghost Rider for the Amazing Yamaguchi line is Robbie

Plz no. Classic or as near to classic designs as possible.
>>
>>6415257
Fuck that. Fags who refuse to accept anything but classic designs are so boring
>>
I wouldn't mind an Iron Man and some DC prototypes.
>>
>>6415262
Why do people think we'll be seeing DC stuff again?
>>
>>6415268
Popularity of the Marvel line might mean that they'll try their hand at some DC heroes. I can see Green Lantern and Flash being some good initial ones.
>>
>>6415261

Sorry, no one likes your Bleach reject, or those ugly all black lifeless shit X-Men costumes they've been trying to force since forever. They look bad and were obviously designed by people who have no idea what good colors and design are for making striking characters.
>>
>>6415268

Because of one comment about them possibly doing non-Marvel stuff. Honestly I'd like to see a revo Superman, if only because we haven't gotten a good Superman figure...Ever. The US ones always fuck up the faces, and the other ones tend to be his shitty new movie costumes and have the actor's face instead of a real Superman face.
>>
>>6415277
Like I said. Yawn. So boring.
>>
>>6415285
Not that anon, and i love Robbie but his outfit is just black tights with a white square on it. He's primarily made visually interesting via Tradd Moore's art style and all the fire.
>>
The only DC character that i can see selling reasonably well would be Batman.
>>
>>6415313
Wonder Woman would sell a fuck ton as well, especially because of the success of the movie.
>>
>>6415305
See that's a valid point but the other anon's just going "No that's not the Ghost Rider I want so nobody else does either, everything should be classic all the time because I say so"

Robbie's outfit does have other small details on it besides the white square, though, and I think Yamaguchi could sculpt some really great fire effects for him
>>
>>6415213
>tfw they didnt paint hair on his arms

Why is that so hard?
>>
>>6415328
>everything should be classic all the time because I say so"

No, everything should be classic because that is what will sell. I want this line to continue and be popular, not tank because you want some literal diversity hire Ghost Rider that looks like he fell out of a Bleach cosplay contest.

Whats the first thing anyone complained about with this Wolverine? Yeah, thats right: Not his classic costume(s). Even Venom caught a bit of that, and all he's really missing is the white hand squares.
>>
To all the Anons arguing over which Ghostrider, even if they went for such a minor character (he is to most) just for visuals of a flaming skull head, 90% of people buying the figure would not know the difference nor care about it.

Such is the fate for a toy line not based on a widely viewed media, let alone within Japan.
Majority will just have the Nick Cage movies in their mind.
>>
>Why would Japan want a version that looks like it's from Bleach?
>>
>>6415347
>Majority will just have the Nick Cage movies in their mind.

I'd buy a Cagerider. Especially if they gave him some goofy Cage faces.
>>
>>6415349
>Why would they want a Bleach ripoff when they could just get the real thing
>>
>>6415359
Like there are any good ones besides statues.
>>
>>6415341
>everything should be classic because that is what will sell
Right. Deadpool not being classic and Gwen not even being a classic character sure prevented them from selling. Every single one of Spider-Man's ugly design choices kept him from selling. Venom didn't sell because he's not his classic McFarlane interpretation.

Oh wait, none of that happened. The line's still going strong and will continue to do so even if they make versions of characters you don't personally care for.
>>
Two quick questions:

1 - how to differenciate a bootleg from an original?

2 - I'm poor AF, should I get Venom reissue or Spider Gwen? I plan to get all the figs, but I'm taking one every month.
>>
>>6415372
Venom. I'm waiting for a Gwen reissue because mine was botched and it seems like there's quite a few defective ones in the first release
>>
>>6415316
Those are just moviegoers though not people who are into buying all the peripheral stuff. only maybe 15% of the people who saw WW even read comics and that's being VERY generous
>>
>>6415372
Venom easy. Spider Gwen is just flavor of the month trash character.
>>
>>6415435
I got her because they satisfied my need for a good dynamic female action figure with a cool design. That's it. Her character is inoffensive but completely unexceptional
>>
>>6415395
Do you not understand how advertisement.or promotion works, at all? If you don't know the character at all, you will likely not buy it. You know it from something a large large number of people have seen, more likely that character will sell. People who've seen a movie worldwide is way way higher than the folks who knows her from comics or cartoons.

Also it's exactly why the most of AY line has close ties to the movies coming out. Being comic book design is really just a gimmick, to be different from all the movie based figures. Appealing to comic book fans is a very small part of their strategy.
>>
>>6415467
Show me how many more Wonder Woman comics sold because of the movie then...

Not much. Unless it's the film version, the movie means almost nil to an increase
>>
>>6415472
*an increase in general popularity for the character
>>
>>6413007
going to ship gwen back to amiami for refund because they won't offer replacement, which i don't really understand because they seem to still have stock.
>>
>>6415472
Comics crowd and action figures crowd (in Japan especially) are different demographics, goes without saying.

All those action figures made from the movies are coincidences, huh?
>>
>>6415512
I think they just ship the whole thing back to the supplier. Easier and or cheaper than just to have a bunch on the side for salvaging the parts, ending up with the odd scraps, maybe?
>>
>>6415467
>Also it's exactly why the most of AY line has close ties to the movies coming out.
So, what you're implying is that Hulk and Thor are next
>>
>>6415517
yeah, what i meant was they won't give me a replacement figure but they're willing to offer a replacement part. i'm just going to get a refund and buy from hlj, who apparently has a better refund policy
>>
>>6415524
It's not 0. But that's what Bandai does or likely will do, so Kaiyodo would probably stay away from MCU until they are really confident. Maybe even years after the main roster in the films changed and there're less competition with movie ver figures.

That's why the line has been Spider-Man and X-Men focused so far, if you haven't noticed. Because other companies haven't gone there as much.
>>
File: comic-book-inspiration-7.jpg (222KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
comic-book-inspiration-7.jpg
222KB, 600x750px
>>6415245
>Green Goblin
My man.
I'd love him simply for all the cool super crouched glider poses he'd be able to do. Shit maybe we've even get a glider with jointed wings, that'd be cool.
Not to mention the inevitable Hobgoblin repaint and that we also need somebody to drop Spider-Gwen off a bridge.
>>
>>6415533
>That's why the line has been Spider-Man and X-Men focused so far, if you haven't noticed. Because other companies haven't gone there as much.
Or maybe it's to avoid having to stick strictly to a current movie's design and have more artistic freedom given it'd be re-creating a real life suit/actor given the whole, y'know.
Tokusatsu Revoltech line having done not only various Iron Man suits so far but Spidey and the nolan batman suit aswell.
>>
>>6412862
Spiderman's more fun to fiddle around with while Deadpool's has a bit more diversity/accessories.

But really get both, like I did. And then Wolverine...
>>
So wait a second, Wolverine no longer comes with the cigar right? But did they also remove any of the hands/faces that would compliment it?
>>
>>6415617

And Spider Gwen, Venom and Ultron?

>>6415750

What cigar?
>>
>>6415750
I don't think they've confirmed whether or not he'll still come with the cigar hand, but I don't think he was ever supposed to come with a face that was specifically meant to go with the cigar.
>>
>>6415611
That too, but being unique about doing the comic book designs is a big factor. Remember, when they were doing movie stuff with Tokusatsu line, they were doing it before the other major players. Kaiyodo is a headstrong company, likes to be the one starting the trends in hobby. But once everyone is on the same page they look for the next thing.

Also, I think the biggest advantage of not doing movie designs, there will always be a gap from movie release to figure release if you have to be the same design. But comic designs, you can plan ahead and release the "source material" right next to when the movie is out. They could jump the gun, say with Captain Marvel, before Bandai gets their SHF out for PO, the AY ver is already on shelves, for example. I think it's brilliant, if they do make MCU appearing characters.
>>
>>6415750
I'm pretty pretty pretty sure the hands are all still there.

They are NOT saying just go ahead and make your own cigar and use the included hand.
>>
Any word on beat yet?
>>
>>6415336
how many Wolverine figures have hair on his arm?
>>
>>6415372
>1 - how to differenciate a bootleg from an original?

To answer this let's go to Bootleg Land also called Aliexpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Figma-X-MAN-Series-NO-001-Revoltech-Deadpool-With-Bracket-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-Model-Toy/32805840308.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.uTcvWX

Well this Deadpool is the classic example of a bootleg: is cheap, the paint apps are lame and the most obvious thing, the joins aren't the revoltech joins looks more like a attempt of Figma joins.

Many people buy it cause is cheap but I can tell you these stories don't have a happy end.

I hope this information help you.
>>
>>6415928
Need to wait for WF for more info since it's so close. It should be Game Classics vol.2 though. And hopefully we get more reveals than that, like a third one.
>>
>>6415876
Thanks. I'm considering getting Wolverine but if they took out the cigar holding hand it might've turned me off it. It should be easy enough to make my own though
>>
>>6415934
Many
>>
File: wolverine_12th_scale.jpg (618KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
wolverine_12th_scale.jpg
618KB, 960x960px
>>6415756
>What cigar?
It was in the promo/preorder pics, since removed.
>>
>>6415756
Eh, I can give or take Spider Gwen and Ultron. Venom's tempting though...
>>
Got some old revos off ebay and the oldschool joints in them are fucking shot. Anyone know a US retailer that carries hobby base joints? Or hell even actual revo joints? I need flesh and grey.
>>
>>6416076
okay, show me.
>>
How come the Toy story Jessie revo is so crazy expensive?

I've seen her going for as much as $500! Which seems pretty extreme.
>>
>>6417023
She got reissued like once, where as Buzz got maybe 2 and Woody like 7 or 8.
>>
Is Yamaguchi a person, creator of this line? Who's Kaiyodo?
>>
>>6417257
what is with all these newfags lately, or is it just the same person?
>>
>>6417257
Yamaguchi Katsuhisa is the sculptor who has his own brand within the Kaiyodo "Revoltech" umbrella of figures. Anything with Yamaguchi on it was sculpted by him but not all revoltechs are sculpted by Yamaguchi
>>
>>6417257

Katsuhisa Yamaguchi is a sculptor/designer, Kaiyodo is a company
>>
>>6417265

>muh secret club
>muh toys
>no newfergs
>>
>>6409782
>>6409778
Can I just say how much I love that Yamaguchi is really being embraced because of the Amazing line? This is a sculptor who I absolutely adore that has gotten shit on for so long because of the Revo joint system, and while it isn't perfect, I still really hoped that there would be some sort of big moment for the Revoltech line. I feel that they profited off of Gurren and Evangelion for a while just cause they were the ones consistently putting out molds, but Vulcanlog and the MGS stuff probably got them a bit of attention that has really followed through into this line. Even though lots of anime has dynamic posing, Yamaguchi was born for comic characters, as his extreme sculpts and joint placement is just perfect for this stuff.
>>
>>6417257
Kaiyodo, pretty old figure company with many sculptors under its wing. Yamaguchi is one of those sculptors involved in making action figures like Revoltech and Revol Mini.

There are also distributors, nowadays usually Kenelephant and Union Creative. Union has their own brand of action figures using the same Revolver Joints, and those are called Vulcanlogs. Union outsources some of the sculpting to other companies they handle, like Sentinel and Kaiyodo. Yamaguchi is usually the one making some Vulcanlogs if Kaiyodo was involved.

Revoltech lingo 101 over.
>>
>>6417389
honestly, I've loved Kaiyodo's stuff and the figures he's worked on even before revoltechs, so when revoltech got announced, honestly was super happy. Still am. Revoltech is probably one of the most diverse, fun toy lines and their IP picks are always in line with what I love too.

Though I also don't mind how he's stepping his game up in terms of likenesses. I can't believe it's 2017 and his figures are still the only ones who can raise their shoulders up properly past their trapezius. He really one upped the game for toy articulation, no matter what the haters want to prattle on about his sculpt.
>>
>>6417687
Kaiyodo is the company, yamaguchi is the scupltor.
>>
>>6417687
Kaiyodo is such a cool guy. He really knows how to make dynamic designs. Figma is also a pretty good sculptor, but he doesn't always do the faces justice. I'm sure Kaiyodo and Figma are good friends irl.
>>
>>6417300
>what is google
>>
>>6417712
I'm saying I've always liked Kaiyodo's stuff even since they were still Xebec and Yamaguchi wasn't as prominent yet in Kaiyodo. Their old Baki figures and various Hokuto no Ken toys with those creative accessories really were such exciting releases for me when I first saw them. My bad for not mentioning his name before the "he worked on" part.
>>
>>6417866
Kaiyodo and Figma wasn't friends anymore, Kaiyodo married Vulcanlog and is well know Figma love her too. But Figma and Tamashii are pals for sure.
>>
What's the difference between Lazengann and the Lazengann "Resale" version?
>>
File: cyclops sprites.png (84KB, 930x541px) Image search: [Google]
cyclops sprites.png
84KB, 930x541px
>>6410557
>>6410571
I need this Cyclops in my life.
>>
>>6418474
>patrician
and then there is ML eating glue in the corner
>>
File: evaevo.jpg (171KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
evaevo.jpg
171KB, 1200x675px
Yamaguchi tweeted that these are the likely revos to be re-released. But he is usually in the dark about such things so I wouldn't count on it 100%.

Like no 08a but MP Eva instead seems weird, Get that sticky paint fixed ans re-release it why wont them.
>>
>>6419188
As someone who missed out on MP Eva and Scythy-McNoHead, I'm happy.
>>
>>6419188
Oh yeah I fucking remember now. 08a is also a must have because it comes with the correct left arm for 02 from the beginning of Q. Kaiyodo made that 02 based on the previews so it's different from the actual movie.

They might include it with the proper unit this time, but still I doubt they will leave one unit out for no reason...?
>>
>>6419042

It's the only one everyone wants, and we're sure to not get it. Remember, Wolverine proved they're not giving us classic costumes, and atop that, won't even give us accessories they should.
>>
>>6418909
One came out later.
>>
A Revol Thor would be nice. With the anime features in the face.
>>
>>6419188
>>6419675
What are the odds we'll see a re-release of 00 and 02 (with the arm of 08) in the Evolution line? I'm debating just getting their Legacy releases but with the Evolution stuff coming out I kinda want to wait
>>
>>6420541
>arm of 08
*arm from 08
>>
>>6420541
Oh yeah, 00 isn't in there either. Like I said I wouldn't take this group shot as the actual lineup just yet.

I imagine this is a practice setup for WF's display and could well be incomplete or inaccurate to the actual release schedule.

I can't think of a reason why 00 and 08a would be excluded. Kaiydod is proud of their near to complete lineup after all. The orbit scene 02 might get the accurate option parts, again I don't see why the need to follow the initial release version after they know it's wrong.

Hopefully the actual WF display would clear things up.
>>
Does the rubber often used for cloth on Revos tend to dry rot or anything? The texture seems pretty different from that of most rubber/soft plastic. I'm mainly use to things like toy car tires though.
>>
File: DErpNckU0AEnRTP.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DErpNckU0AEnRTP.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
>So without the cigar what else that specific hand can do? it's useless...... right?

https://twitter.com/fuikitodoki/status/885776709735272448
>>
>>6420910
>those shoulders

Good lord that angle destroys the sculpt something furious.
>>
>>6420912
Are you trying to say that a joint on a Yamaguchi revoltech doesn't look good from certain angles?!? No way!
>>
>>6419188
Fuck it, I might get the sniping pink EVA and Eva 02 from 3.0 this time since Bandai has clearly given up on ever making more EVA RDs.
>>
>>6410119
>MCU Ultron
No thanks, mark 3 looks the least bad
>>
>>6410657
Not all of it is bad. Im enjoying Hulk(She-Hulk) and Old Man Logan but yeah most of their current stuff is bland
>>
>>6419697
Its classic enough
>>
>>6415248
Probably because they're the only one people know, casuals. Not that they're bad, they're fantastic
>>
>>6415277
>forced since forever
>only happened with the movies
Only X-Force teams have gray/black suits. Piss off if you pretend to know what you're talking about
>>
>>6415395
As if you would even know you obvious casual ass
>>
>>6419697
>everyone
Fuck off casual, NOW! and Astonishing had great costumes for Slim
>>
>>6419697
>and atop that, won't even give us accessories they should
That's got nothing to do with this toy line specifically, Joe Quesada doesn't let Marvel characters smoke anymore.
>>
File: AY Model picks.jpg (634KB, 2352x2784px) Image search: [Google]
AY Model picks.jpg
634KB, 2352x2784px
I've been thinking about Iron man since I'm sure Kaiyodo can't stay away from him forever.

I could see Yamaguchi pushing the style of the Revo either towards the movie look, or the classic comic look (not design, but style or look). Certain suits I don't see how it could be made to look like the old comic ones, especially the modern designs.

Model 26 or 30 are the most likely picks. I think Bleeding Edge is interesting, it could be made to resemble either style. It really depends on how much of the suit looks like hard solid metal or skin tight musculature. I doubt they would pick anything newer as they are the wrong colours or designs too different from the common image of Iron Man.
>>
>>6422513
There's already a revo IM coming out last year man
>>
>>6422524
Not Yamaguchi
>>
>>6422530
Yea cause what we need is Ironman #60460464604604608468406864046846806256262626125136748 instead of something new and cool.

Same with the fags wanting -another- cyclops.

Kill yourselves.
>>
Im actually really hoping for this recent Transformers movie figures like they did before.
Optimus, Megatron and Grimlock would be just awesome.
>>
>>6422530
It's pretty much Revoltech though, with usual pros and cons, unless you're a Yamaguchi fanboy for the sake of being Yamaguchi fanboy

Most 99% people buy characters they like from IP they know. Would you buy a Yamaguchi sculpted characters from random IP you don't know?
>>
>>6422524
Different line, and that's the point they've done tons of MCU Iron Man in the past so if they are to do Avengers characters in AY really high chance IM will be among the top.

And Yamaguchi already did some from IM2 for the Minis. He tends to do the same characters a few times,

We could just be getting some MCU stuff in the future as Movie Revo though.
>>
>>6422536
Yeah all the knights stuff really deserves some well articulated figures. It probably costs too much to paint all of that detailing now.
>>
Hey guys. Post three Marvel characters that you would like to see announced as prototypes in Marvel Revoltech line.

I will start.

>thor
>cyclops
>jean grey
>>
File: 1423978828174.png (10KB, 327x173px) Image search: [Google]
1423978828174.png
10KB, 327x173px
>>6422755
>Nightcrawler
>Carnage
>Captain America
I need my two favorite marvel characters and a cap that can do crazy poses.
This isn't too much to ask for.
>>
>>6419697
yeah, still the best Wolverine figure at date.
>>
>>6422534
What do you mean 'another' cyclops? There aren't any other options than the Marvel Legends which doesn't count since most characters have one already
>>
>>6422758
>>6422755
Punisher
Cable
X-23 on the condition that they can nail a female face with proportionate head
Iron Fist if not
>>
File: 3074830-image_09c3d41a6.jpg (21KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
3074830-image_09c3d41a6.jpg
21KB, 300x442px
>>6422755
Captain America
Iron Man (armour of pic related)
Mr. Fantastic

I'd love to see them go all out with Reed since Marvel still seems to want the F4 dead, he could be replaced with a Doc Ock or classic Hawkeye
>>
File: Iron_Man_Armor_Model_13.jpg (222KB, 1072x1648px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Man_Armor_Model_13.jpg
222KB, 1072x1648px
>>6422513

Modular Armor, Extremis Armor or Bleeding Edge are the only I want.
>>
>>6422807
>>6422815
That particular iron Man wont happen for the same reasons Wolverine wasn't the 90's costume.

Unless someone goes "fuck it all" they will keep an unified look for the AY line, i.e. same period for the costumes.

>>6422755
Super lucky if we even get three, but we could get some names for future releases. They said they will be more open about future lineup, what ever that may actually mean,

Probably too early to see the next female if Gwen sales was the deciding factor, so I'm going with

>Cyclops
>Colossus
>Gambit

I'm sure one of these would be there. Personally I want some big villains like Apocalypse and Thanos.
>>
>>6422755

Cable
Ghost Rider 2099
Doom
>>
>>6422807
Fantastic Four will never happen because they are (sadly) unpopular, and you'll need all four or why bother, so that's four slots destined for doomed sales. Those metal molds for making figures are not cheap, not at all cheap.

That said, I do think the Silver Surfer has potential. It could be a fun toy if they did something like magnetic feet and metal inside the surfboard. And he could be sculpted in a way that they can push him as a drawing model, capable of striking a wide range of poses without breaking muscle connection and overall form, unlike other figures.
>>
>>6422891
>Fantastic Four will never happen because they are (sadly) unpopular,
>sadly

Nah, not sad. They're a boring team, they honestly don't deserve slots here except for maybe The Thing, and thats only because I always have a soft spot for the sad sack characters that try their hardest and always end up shortchanged by life.

Plus a Yamaguchi The Thing would be amazing and you know it, with the job he did on Venom.
>>
>>6422895
I like campy old space adventure stuff, so I imagine I would like FF too, but I'm not a comic book person. So yeah I don't care for a AY versions of them so much. ML will be perfectly fine.

Big muscle characters are all welcomed, but Yamaguchi should rely less on revo joints in that case. I think the knees could handle it, but the torso can't handle the wide distribution of weight when the arms are spread apart, even at the best condition.
>>
>>6422895
They're actually great, fantastic even but I'd rather not have them occupy 4 different entries in the series considering they have a uniform it wouldn't be that interesting and I feel like would be a waste of time. Plus they aren't that popular so they flat out wouldn't sell well.

I feel like this line should be for the Iconic characters which people say "That's my favorite Marvel character" about
>>
File: 1811761-colossus_vs_juggernaut_2.jpg (339KB, 883x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1811761-colossus_vs_juggernaut_2.jpg
339KB, 883x1344px
>>6411888
>>6412108
Colossus would be fucking rad to the max
>>
>>6419188
Pretty sure that was meant as a joke.
>>
>>6422943
Uh, no. First of all the text says that these are roughly the ones getting reissued, and second you don't joke about such things, ever, as an employee. He posts funny pictures about stuff he made but in terms of promotion or release schedule you don't just say whatever on social media.
>>
>>6422755
Iron Fist
Ghost Rider (Robbie)
Daredevil
>>
>>6422909
>I like campy old space adventure stuff, so I imagine I would like FF too

Then you probably wouldn't like FF, because that stuff died a loooong time ago. FF for the past 30+ years has pretty much been The Incredible Adventures of The Worst Husband Ever (except for Hank Pym, because remember that one time he slapped his wife when he was mind controlled?), The Invisible Bitch and her Insatiable Lust for Fishman Dick, The Generic Fire Character, and The Guy Who Always Gets The Short End of Everything.
>>
>>6413797
God, I unironically want that Ultron but not 90$ want.
>>
I think it's funny Kaiyodo started their own blog in 2017.

http://kaiyodo.co.jp/k-blog/

And it's a review of a 6 years old Revoltech.
>>
>>6422755
>Homecoming Vulture
>Pre-movie comic Star Lord
>Pre-Civil War II She-hulk

I know these are pretty costume specific, but it's the only versions of the characters I'd consider getting
>>
File: 1460265120326.jpg (222KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1460265120326.jpg
222KB, 900x1366px
>>6422755
>Punisher
>Sabertooth
>Barracuda

Also like a couple dozen DC and anime figures, but I have no idea how big their Marvel to-do list is.
>>
File: HULK.jpg (66KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
HULK.jpg
66KB, 512x512px
>>6422755
>Captain America
>Daredevil
>Hulk

I'm curious about how they'd handle a super bulky character like the Hulk. I don't have Venom but it seems he has problems with being too top heavy, would Hulk's bulkier legs fix that?

I'd be down for Thor or Dr Strange but the capes would probably be awful.
>>
>>6424827
The only issue with Venom was it used revolver joints for the torso. Next time he makes a bulky character I think he will have a built-in, specialized articulation that can handle the weight. Maybe ratchets on the rotations so the body doesn't spin around from the weight.
>>
>>6421001
Weird how Figma, SAS, and even non-Yamaguchi Revoltechs look good from any angle when you get them posed up.
>>6422755
>Thor
Maybe. Unmasked Yamaguchi faces tend to be fucking horrible.
>Annihilation/Gotg volume one era Starlord
>Richard Rider Nova
>>
I just got my Revo Deadpool two days ago, fucking amazing.
>>
>>6424934
Sure, but they don't have the range of motion a typical Yamaguchi sculpt does.

Figma Archetype Nexts are really nice for posing, but they are just as gappy and broken looking, with deep dents around the joints. I also think it is a matter of what your eyes are trained to see, if it's your typical style of jointing or breaking up sculpts you tend to give it a pass. I think SAS looks ugly with giant ball hinges at the hips all shown, or those long double joints hanging out all free.

Also for face sculpts, it's been pretty good for a while from like the Revol Minis Venom Snake. Probably because he has more time now and not making 3 figures per month. Wolverine is practically an exposed face sculpt and it looks fine. So male faces, i think it will be fine. Females, hmm, it has to happen one day right? There aren't that many full or half masked female heroes. Popular ones anyways. Even a simple eye-mask it's basically an unmasked head sculpt. If the entire head was done by someone else I don't think we get another Gwen problem.
>>
File: 0n68mRy.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
0n68mRy.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Those legs, yikes mac
>>
>>6427195
where can i buy that fat man that he's kicking
>>
>>6427195
yeah, look at that range, man, this will be the most great Wolverine figure! I can't wait!
>>
>>6427305
the nigga missing like 20% of his thighs
>>
>>6427207
It's a poseable sofubi modeled after the CEO of Kaiyodo IIRC, I don't think its available to the public.
>>
>>6427195
Can we get one of these without hideous deformations for once?
It's like the fucker has never seen a person.
>>
>>6427195
So I guess no profile posing unless the figure isn't bending its kness and hiding that ugly hollow leg.
>>
I don't understand some people, you all know what to expect from yamaguchi shit yet you still buy the shit then act all surprised and angry when it looks like what you've expected it to look like.
If it really pisses you off, then fuck off and buy marvel legends or some shit, it's not like theres no 99 variant of spideys and sniktbubs around.
>>
Was thinking of picking up some of the Marvel figures until I checked the sizes of them

Wolverine is almost an inch taller then Spider-Man? He's even taller then Venom? Eh....
>>
>>6427718
Are you fucking real right now? I swear to god, some of you. Don't fucking buy it, I can already see you bitching in this threads about the joints and how it looks
>>
>>6427195
It's what I've been saying, you can't have nice looking bent knees without hollowing out the other side if you want a deep bend. If the positioning of the hinge (or revo joint) was off-centered, closed to the back of knee you don't need to resort to having such hollow thighs. But then anons don't shut up about the exposed knee cuts. And double joints are ugly and wrong.

It's not a new problem, other action figures does it plenty of times to different degrees, people just don't criticize it as much because it looks nice from the front and not being a Revoltech.

The best, ideal non-padded-knee was Gwen and that still gets flak. Granted the promo photos are way worse than the final product. But she has the advantage of being the right thickness for the knee revo joints.
>>
File: DEGmD7QXYAAof9q.jpg (125KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DEGmD7QXYAAof9q.jpg
125KB, 1200x675px
>>6427718
>Wolverine is almost an inch taller then Spider-Man? He's even taller then Venom?
WTF are you on about?
>>
>>6427826
Double Revolver joints should almost never be used, they cause more problems than they're worth. ESPECIALLY when used as knees. The middle connector is just too flimsy and flexy, and the knee ends up unstable as a result.
>>
>>6427835
Yes, plus it fucks up with the ability to rotate a the pegs to get better posing, since there are extra crap on the joints.
It worked okay for Mark 45 but I think it fucked up his proportions making the legs too long.

For this it was a simple hinged knee so he could've made it double hinged, but like I said it looks wrong to start with, especially for a beefier character.
>>
>>6427834
spider gwen looks so THICC in this
>>
File: DDx_-TvVwAAY9Gt.jpg (66KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DDx_-TvVwAAY9Gt.jpg
66KB, 1200x675px
>>6427319
Don't cry like a bitch! Obviously is deformed cause the style of the figure is super deformed, god!
>>
>>6427875
and that is bad because...
>>
Has anyone tried putting ML Gwen's head on the Revo yet? Curious how well it scales.
>>
File: super.jpg (2MB, 1200x3696px) Image search: [Google]
super.jpg
2MB, 1200x3696px
Berserker Barrage!

FATAL CLAW!!
>>
>>6427826
This.

>fuckos come ITT praising ML that look ridiculous posed because of anatomically incorrect double joints but look fine in vanilla poses.

Figma leaves bulbs for knees on over 50% of releases, no one complains. If you actually wanted to try and design a toy you'd understand basically any ankle of knee range over 90 is going to look ugly on flesh-human characters.
>>
>>6427974
Yup. Next level stuff is something we see now with say RD ANIME MS, more so for Zeon suits, the folding panel behind the knees gimmick. Yamaguchi did it back in the day with a couple of robots. But I think it's unnecessary and tad too complicated to keep doing. Probably why he ditched it. I think it will stand out just as much on simpler humanoid designs too. And not worth having to add a bunch more separate parts to the figure.
>>
File: hyokkori-hyotan-jima.jpg (97KB, 675x612px) Image search: [Google]
hyokkori-hyotan-jima.jpg
97KB, 675x612px
>>6427926
>>6427884
That Senmu figure reminds me of this show, or any of those NHK puppet shows they used to do.
>>
>>6427987
By they I don't mean Kaiyodo. Well, as far as I know.
>>
>>6427888
i didn't say it was bad...
>>
File: whip it.jpg (305KB, 1725x2048px) Image search: [Google]
whip it.jpg
305KB, 1725x2048px
>>6427998
oh, good then.
>>
>>6428884
She's supposed to be a teenager yet she has the proportions of Captain Marvel or Spider-Woman, that's the problem. Meaning the precedent is set with how the females will be going forward, meaning either of the ones I mentioned would have to be even more shapely than Gwen which would probably be overkill.
>>
>>6428916
Despite what anime and cartoons and the like have told you, there's not a significant difference in the general shape of a woman's body between the age of 17/18 and 30. And Gwen is around 20. A woman in her mid to late 30's onward may look more busty or curvy, but thats usually just fat settling in. Gwen is just athletically figured.
>>
>>6428930
I get that, but not all women are shaped similarly. Gwen, as drawn in the comics, is significantly smaller and more lithe than the bigger boobs and wider hips of the aforementioned Cap Marvel or SW. The line is stylized, granted, but like I said, this sets the precedent for the female heroes. If they were to make Captain Marvel they would have to make her more shapely than Gwen (and taller) for them to look right standing next to each other. I think she looks pretty good, but I feel like she should have been toned down a bit, if for nothing else than future continuity within the line. But I guess it doesn't matter ultimately.
>>
>>6427983
Sen-ti-nel has done it with RIOBOT releases too.
its just that youre either taking mass away from the back of the thigh or shin or sculpting divots to achieve something that looks anatomically accurate when posed.

I think SHF cammy will have something like the panel on the back of her thigh. Anyway back on topic wolverine should look ok as the awkward bulge should resemble the shin from most angles.
>>
File: spider-gwen.jpg (186KB, 635x500px) Image search: [Google]
spider-gwen.jpg
186KB, 635x500px
>>6428916
>>6428930
>>6428949
The proportions varies according to the artist, this line is the Yamaguchi Style.
>>
>>6428884
>Your name is TOBY!
>>
File: Hang in there baby.jpg (710KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Hang in there baby.jpg
710KB, 3264x1836px
>>
>>6428916
I completely get your point, but have you seen Captain Marvel in comics lately? She is either drawn as a manly lesbian or a very efemminate man.
>>
>>6428981
Also don't forget, this is from a perspective of a Japanese man, who would likely see all American women big and curvy relative to most Japanese woman.
>>
>>6428981
Just for curiosity I googled the last three issues of this comic and DAMN it's like Marvel is trying to kill its readership...that art!!
>>
>>6430057
I think the artist is actually losing his vision or something bur yeah the art is fucking terrible. The writing too. Thankfully nowadays the comics couldn't matter less to a character's popularity
>>
>>6413497
>MvC 90s Modular Armor Iron Man
Yes please
>>
>>6415277
But the series with Robbie was actually well written and didn't at all ruin the legacy of the originals.
>>
>>6430082
Yeah, Robbi Rodriguez is losing his vision and it's forcing him to retire

>>6430106
He doesn't care he just wants the line to be nothing but "muh classic costumes"
>>
just ordered venom and gwen, what am i in for?
>>
>>6428981
thicc gwen is best gwen
>>
>>6431735
loose torso and incorrect legs
>>
>>6431735
fun and frustrating times you also might as well save up to buy deadpool and spiderman if you don't have them already
>>
>>6431735
a great figure of a meh character
>>
>>6431999

I wish MayDay got more figs
>>
>>6431735

Figure of the year for Venom. Also new thread when?
>>
>>6432735
you can make a new thread yourself since you seem very eager for it every time the thread hits the limit, or you can just wait and it'll get done when it needs to be made
>>
>>6432781
Or me. Besides you(?) and myself I wonder how many regular OPs we have for Revo General.

This time though, lets be clear, >>6432735
I'm waiting for WF since nothing will happen till then. If threads is about to disappear then sure. But my OCD wants a new thread with the big WF reveal as the pic for the days and weeks following the event.
>>
>>6432781
Oops I though you wrote I'll get it done and not it'll.
>>
>>6422755
Doom
Doom
Doom I mean [spoiler] Sentinel [/spoiler]
>>
>>6414572
If they're still going along the same lines as they were during the email hacks (and considering they're still going through with "glass ceilings" they are) then yes carnage is the villain... but...
>he
>>
File: SpiderGwen.jpg (735KB, 1280x2160px) Image search: [Google]
SpiderGwen.jpg
735KB, 1280x2160px
>>6431735
A bit of puzzle in the form of an upper body for Venom and one of the most cohesive looking figures released in this line provided you didn't get hit with the leg issue.

Having a lot fun with Gwen. The Marvel Legends was such a buzzkill by comparison.
>>
>>6433123
Dr Doom is legit my favorite marvel character, so I'm hoping for this too.

Imagine a crazy articulated cape, magic effects, and some sweet Yamaguchi designed armor.
>>
>>6434682
I generally don't like her eye shape or the pink gradient around it, but this is my favorite implementation of it I've seen so far, with the visible halftone dots.
>>
File: venom.jpg (219KB, 1241x1434px) Image search: [Google]
venom.jpg
219KB, 1241x1434px
I've never bought a revoltech, mostly because I don't love the look of some of them, but I've been tempted to get the Venom one.

Saw these bootlegs on ebay. Are the knockoffs any good?
>>
File: m---.jpg (103KB, 564x856px) Image search: [Google]
m---.jpg
103KB, 564x856px
So don't take this as solid news yet, I haven't confirmed it. Or at least seen enough mentioning to make it seem legit. Could be just some delusional posts. Something was written on, I assume this month's Figure-Oh, that the next AY is Magneto. Also there will be another "member," which probably means another X-Men.

While I don't think it's true because Magneto only floats and waves his hands around so not really a Yamaguchi oriented character, I get that they want villains and he is a safe one to do. Plus we can see cape treatments, although with Magneto I think he has a pretty unique and fixed cape formation you could get away with easily with few big sculpted pieces.

It'll be clear in a week or so anyways.
>>
>>6434839

Oh God, finally. I was expecting Thor or something, but Magneto will be a great asset to our collection.

>>6434824

Try a bootleg, if you enjoy it, support AY and buy an original one.
>>
>>6434824
>Saw these bootlegs on ebay. Are the knockoffs any good?

The only thing I ever see about revo and figma bootlegs is how shit the joints are (like, broken just from sitting in the box), and how bad the paints are.

So probably not worth it, no.
>>
>>6434839
>While I don't think it's true because Magneto only floats and waves his hands around so not really a Yamaguchi oriented character,

Floating and waving hands around is like, 90% of any stand based pose though.
>>
>>6434839
I would rather have Omega Red or something, but I know Magneto has a bunch of fans. I'd like Cyclops but it'd probably be a better call to make one of the X-Men ladies before moving past the mutants.
>>
>>6434916
>X-Men ladies

90's Rogue, 80's mohawk Storm, 90's Jubilee, I'd love any of these.

Of course we'll probably end up with some shit like Emma (never liked her as an X-Man), or a Phoenix.
>>
>>6434937
Emma wouldn't make sense without Scott at least, and if they're doing Jim Lee Cyclops(which they probably would) then that wouldn't make any sense and Jean would be made instead to match him and Wolverine for the classic team. The chicks you just mentioned are scads more popular anyways. I'm not too worried about it
>>
>>6434903
You fucking know what I mean.

>>6434916
I'm pretty sure Cyclops will be coming sooner or later. Then whatever form of Jean Grey to have the love triangle going. I think the AY line wants to keep a good connectivity among the characters. Plus there is that Dark Phoenix movie. If the line is staying with X-Men for a while. Then do Cable and you have the son from the future thing going with Cyclops and of course be the buddy to DP.
>>
>>6434940
>and if they're doing Jim Lee Cyclops(which they probably would)

Wolverine not being in his regular costume means we could get that fugly black shit he wears.
>>
>>6434937
>still talking about 80's and 90's versions

I wont talk big because they might change directions at this WF for all I know, but anons need to ditch this fantasy that the AY will be like that. Whatever era they go with it will be a costume that overlaps with Deadpool and Wolverine's designs they chose thus far.
>>
File: IMG_4640.jpg (66KB, 900x688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4640.jpg
66KB, 900x688px
>>6434943
I don't think anybody is going to be buying Amazing Yamaguchi figures due to movie synergy, I hope they don't linger too long on the X-Men either

>>6434945
But the Wolverine Costume at least looks like his classic style despite the lack of trunks and subtle seams etc. Everything except Cyclops' Jim Lee, original, "rightclops"(pictured) and Phoenix force designs are utterly, despicably horrible(unless I'm missing one). The most popular design is 90's era Jim Lee yellow/blue so I'm confident we'd get that on a Cyclops figure
>>
>>6434948

The fantasy isn't for any specific era of costumes, it's for cool, or failing that, the most well known ones. Or at least, not some of the fucking atrociously ugly ones, like >>6434951 Deadpools, Spiderman's, Venom's, Gwen's, their costumes were all fine. Wolverine's isn't the best choice, they honestly should've gone the distance and went full classic with him, but it's "good enough".

Fuck, how did that costume ever get approved for Cyclops though? It looks like shit. Killing Cyclops was a mercy. I really hope they don't put him in that shit if we get him.
>>
File: IMG_4641.jpg (65KB, 271x464px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4641.jpg
65KB, 271x464px
>>6434948
They aren't choosing them based off the era, they're choosing a classic style. The 90's cartoon/marvel vs capcom looks are the most popular versions of the characters in Japan afaik but trunks have gone out of style so they chose an outfit adjacent to that for Wolverine. I can't see them choosing the fever dream induced nightmare that is Scott's Astonishing suit just because Wolverine is wearing his. That is the definitive Scott to only like 7 insane people...
>>
>>6434945
I'm sure it's this one.>>6410589 Maybe toss in a non-hooded(?) head with hair out so we can get some taste of the 90's.

>>6434951
So not this costume above?

Point is it doesn't fit in right to have costumes from different era and if they were going 90's they would've with Wolverine. Despite Yamaguch's styling the design is the same one from the comics.

Oh and yes a lot of people will buy them from movie synergy because that's where the majority of people buying these know these characters from, or more so than what you can tell from a fighting game character.
>>
>>6434962
I can GUARANTEE you that WILL NOT be the suit they go with.
>>
>>6434958
I'm well aware everyone wants the 90's costumes. But for whatever reasons they didn't do that so what could change now that they will? Trunks are just fine everyone still loves Kinnikuman.

Since they can't, yes they go for the next best thing, a similar style costume. For Cyclops that's probably >>6434958 and >>6410589
which took back in elements of the older Cyclops costumes.

So, whats wrong with them? I get it if people hates the red x face one.
>>
>>6434972
>>6434975
Why is it hated so much?
>>
File: cyclops1.jpg (61KB, 786x640px) Image search: [Google]
cyclops1.jpg
61KB, 786x640px
>>6434962
My thinking was toss in an alternate head like so to give us some form of satisfaction.
>>
File: IMG_4648.jpg (75KB, 500x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4648.jpg
75KB, 500x788px
>>6434980
It's barely even a fucking design, it's just a plain black tights with two yellow lines

Now look at this one, it's like BAM that's fucking CYCLOPS leader of the motherfucking X-MEN
>>
>>6434986
So, too simple? Okay then.
No I like that one the most, sure. I watched the cartoons. Just saying they would if they could, which was shown with Wolverine. The AY line will have the notion of collecting them and looking nice together in display, make you want another one to go along the others. So having mismatches in the costumes will likely not happen. They want to have that cohesive team look, so why mix the costumes?
>>
>>6434994
The Wolverine costume they chose looks almost exactly like the 90's blue/yellow Jim Lee team suit minus the trunks and a few subtle changes but it's an iconic look that's instantly recognizable. I don't think it'd be worth slapping Cyclops in a terrible costume just to be consistent with an arbitrary costume pick for Wolverine. Yamaguchi doesn't even read comics so I'd imagine they'd go for the most popular/iconic look especially since that's what'd actually sell. Cyclops is one of my favorite Marvel characters and i just straight up would never buy a figure of the Astonishing suit
>>
>>6435012
Yamaguchi has like zero input about selection or costumes, it's all done by another guy who is into comic books. Not sure if he is an employee of Kaiyodo or Kenelepant.

Again if it's all about what sells Wolverine would be his old iconic suit from the start. Why settle fro the next best thing for no reason? DP no one really cares variation is minuscule. It's not some random pick they did because "We don't get fans" but a calculated choice done so due to some type of reasoning or restrictions they need to work with. That same process should still be reflected in future characters, especially if they want to do some team building. Hell they might even be planning on making the classic version years later instead of digging around B-list characters after they done all the top selling characters.
>>
I don't think there's anyway we'd get Cyclops without the blue and yellow. Its just too iconic for him. Maybe we'll get some weird version that we all forgot about it, but at the very least, they gotta do those colors if they want people to know who the guy with the visor is.
>>
>>6435115
>Again if it's all about what sells Wolverine would be his old iconic suit from the start

That is patently not true. It's usually about what a company wants to force, not what sells. Look at Marvel VS Capcom games recently: The rosters are cluttered with characters no one gives a fuck about because thats who Marvel is pushing. Look at Carol, the epitome of "No one fucking likes this character", yet Marvel has been cramming her down everyones throats regardless of popularity. In fact, Marvel itself admitted it has no fucking idea what people want, and just shoves what they want at people.
>>
Alright, lets talk accessories. What do you want to see a character come with?

Cyclopes: At least 2 different beams and a big spikey word bubble screaming "JEEEAAAANNNN!".

Ghost Rider: Chain with revo joints. Hell, make the whole thing out of ball joints. Just something thats got a lot of play value to it. Wasn't too fond of Spidey's "flexible" lasso. Fire effects.

Storm: Lightning blasts. Maybe a little whirlwind?

Magneto: Shadowy helmet head (just eyes and an angry, disapproving frown visible), dunno what an effect part for him would look like though. Maybe a giant magnetic bubble to encase himself in like he's done a few times?
>>
>>6434839
Well, they were right
>>6435478
>>
>>6435382
That's what I mean by
>due to some type of reasoning or restrictions they need to work with.
Kaiyodo might be getting told by Marvel hey only use one of these costumes.
In that case I'm curious if it's different price for different costumes, or do what we want or no deal kind of situation.

Pretty certain there will be at least one AY X-Men at WF so that should increase the sample size to determine future costume issues. Most are frequent costume changers.
>>
>>6435495
Cool. I like it. Magneto had that costume for a much longer period while other changed theirs, right. Same for Captain America? so good chance we see that version of Cap too.
>>
>>6435495
Yeah that's the article being mentioned, talks of "another member" at WF.
>>
Since actual news came out, here's a new thread >>6435532
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.