[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BJD/Asian Doll Thread: TPS report Edition: Did you get the memo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 58

File: z61.jpg (248KB, 942x680px) Image search: [Google]
z61.jpg
248KB, 942x680px
Last thread >>6304495

FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.

Our threads are mostly dedicated to Ball-jointed dolls and other dolls in the Asian market.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is puppets. Not BJDs.
>>
File: z62.jpg (317KB, 1077x718px) Image search: [Google]
z62.jpg
317KB, 1077x718px
>>6344721
Last thread:

>Volks heads have slight asymmetry and it is normal.

>Mirodoll - avoid buying from them.

>Disney-like character dolls appeals to some.

>Social media FB, discord, skype are generally inferior to this BJD General.

>Sexual assault stories at BJD meet ups.

>Dollshe's silicone joint system is superior to Volk's KIPS discs system.

>Dental work is expensive, yes. And it is somehow related to BJDs.

>Dollshe Erica fast shipping.

>Recast Neutral is a new alignment for starting characters.

>Kayke's doll reviews are in. It does not impress.

>Good comission artists are extinct thanks to the whiney crowd. Its just not worth it.

>Painting supplies. Use Vallejo or anything that is not oil based.

>Andrejas' painting skills are not up to par. Kayke's face ups are usually rushed.
>>
File: z63.jpg (269KB, 958x666px) Image search: [Google]
z63.jpg
269KB, 958x666px
>>6344724
We'll play horsey every time you forget the cover page on your reports.
>>
File: z64.jpg (257KB, 1028x685px) Image search: [Google]
z64.jpg
257KB, 1028x685px
>>6344726
>>
File: z65.jpg (267KB, 948x704px) Image search: [Google]
z65.jpg
267KB, 948x704px
>>6344731
>>
File: z66.jpg (394KB, 956x647px) Image search: [Google]
z66.jpg
394KB, 956x647px
>>6344733
>>
Alright, so I need some help, I wanna be absolutely sure before I make a purchase. What Made to Move Barbie doll has the closest skin tone to the standard Obitsu flesh color? Not the white skin or the limited marron colors.
>>
File: z67.jpg (361KB, 852x630px) Image search: [Google]
z67.jpg
361KB, 852x630px
>>6344735
>>
File: z68.jpg (258KB, 931x698px) Image search: [Google]
z68.jpg
258KB, 931x698px
>>6344739
>>
>>6344738

I don't own any of those so. I can't tell for certain.

The barbies only comes in 3 different colors. Probably the lightest, or medium colored barbie would match the obitsu standard.

Because of the limited skin tones of barbies, even the closest match might be noticeably different.
>>
File: 31324603240_559f672861.jpg (60KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
31324603240_559f672861.jpg
60KB, 500x375px
>>6344762
In trying to do research for an answer, that particular line of Barbie actually appears to have plenty of different tones. My issue tgough is that the Obitsu flesh tone looks so drastically different in color depending on the lighting in the photo that I can't say for certain how dark it actually is. Even Youtube reviewers have poor lighting in their videos, so I have no idea which tone is the best match.
>>
>>6344786
The bad news is I've sold all my Obitsu bodies. But as I recall, their "natural" is super peachy colored, and generally matches Momoko and Jenny. Their "white" isn't that white, and is a perfect match for Nendroids.
>>
File: mnb.png (452KB, 505x765px) Image search: [Google]
mnb.png
452KB, 505x765px
Lol, I loved my fashion Erica Snow so much I bought another one in CLASSIC size.

>>6344726
Beautiful pic! I can feel the romance between those two.
>>
>>6344786
I have Obitsu bodies and heads in white and Barbies of all colors. Obitsu and Barbie are not good color matches. Are you the anon that was trying to put an Obitsu head on a Made to Move body in the other doll thread? Was there a reason you wanted Made to Move body over the Obitsu bodies? Obitsu aesthetically and technically are better than Barbie's Made to Move body in my opinion. I say this as a huge Barbie fan, by the way.

I can take photos for you if you tell me exactly what you want a photo of. I'd rather not undress my dolls and take a bunch of photos just to not even get one that's helpful for you.
>>
>>6345759
I had a white Obitsu ages ago that I sold and the white skin is just too pale for what I want. And aesthetically, I feel like the slightly taller and less anime proportions on the Barbie body looks nicer. That, and the price. I'd rather spend 15-20 bucks on the made to move and customize it, rather than the 30+ on another Obitsu. I'll probably just buy the head alone and compare it in hand with photos for the best body. I appreciate the help though.
>>
>>6345257
>mfw I see psp's faceups
>>
>>6346337
The obitsu heads are too good damn tiny for Barbie bodies. You'll need to carve out the Incredibly small neck hole to even fit the massive neck peg let alone deal with the fact the head is closer to a Kelly doll head instead of a Barbie doll head. Not to mention the anime aesthetic would clash with the western style body. Otherwise the purple MTM body is the only one that remotely matches the fleshtone Obitsu.
>>
File: stopplz.png (476KB, 576x580px) Image search: [Google]
stopplz.png
476KB, 576x580px
>>6346524
My face when I see the body she's sculpting.
>>
>>6347267

yikes. just, yikes.
>>
File: Discord_logo1600.png (24KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Discord_logo1600.png
24KB, 1600x1600px
Another reminder there's a dolly discord for anyone who wants to chat about dolls & customs (that includes all doll types i.e. barbies, bjds, etc)
https://discord.gg/yAbmjJn
>>
>>6347267
it looks like the body style from a bad hentai. ew.
>>
File: poop.png (308KB, 654x532px) Image search: [Google]
poop.png
308KB, 654x532px
that owner photo of the lucywen head psp did that was in the last thread was terrible. super shaky and dirty, looks like cum on her face. you can also tell in the video she did today that without editing she does for a photo her faceups are bad.
also the video is so dumb and not helpful. ALSO also WHY! WHO USES MOD PODGE AS GLOSS!
why does she act like an authority in the hobby when shes only been apart of it for like 2 years and really doesnt know anything. shes so dumb
>>
File: dz_merlin_01.jpg (160KB, 670x1005px) Image search: [Google]
dz_merlin_01.jpg
160KB, 670x1005px
I want to buy Dollzone's Merlin but there's literally no owner pics to look at. I don't get it, The doll has been out several months now so why aren't they around? Is he just not popular? Is the dollzone wait ridiculously high at the moment?

It's probably been asked before but do the anons here prefer to wait for owner pics or dive in and just buy?
>>
>>6347310
Christ, that line of red fallout next to the lips.
>>
I have some sculpey gloss that doesnt need to be baked. Its excess from a previous project and seeing I'm going to do my doll's faceup soon does anyone know if its ok to use on a doll?
>>
>>6347315
fragmentedimagination on instagram has one thats really cute!
>>
>>6347419
I know people have used it on Monster High dolls but I'm not sure about resin...but I dont see why not?
>>
>>6347315
>Is the dollzone wait ridiculously high at the moment?

I honestly can't remember anymore when it was different.
But yeah, most of them probably still haven't shipped (a friend of mine has ordered one at release, fully paid, is still waiting). The fact DZ mostly sells through dealers really doesn't help their waiting times.

>>6347310
Honestly, there the face-up still looks okay.
Not great, but waaay better than those Instagram saturated filter monsters.
At least here you can make out single lines on the eyebrows and lashes, and not just smeared unthinned paint.

>why does she act like an authority in the hobby when shes only been apart of it for like 2 years and really doesnt know anything

There are a shitton of people like that, especially on Insta where it is so easy to become popular if you just own a MNF with pastel hair.
Glossy.Gore has been in it less than a year, their stuff looks like several shades of poo smeared on the face and they still got 7000+ followers.
If you gain followers that quickly without having put in some work/offering skills it usually ends with people who think they are hot shit. After all, why else would people flock to them, right?
>>
File: gloss.png (449KB, 435x754px) Image search: [Google]
gloss.png
449KB, 435x754px
>>6347419
Sculpey gloss as in the ones in the picture? If so, then I have used both the gloss and satin finishes on resin and they were fine. It didn't cause staining, it is long lasting and the gloss itself on the doll hasn't discolored.
>>
>>6347854
Yeah thats what I have thank you this helps a lot.
>>
>>6347446
i hadnt heard of them before. looked them up and ew. my poor eyes. those poor dolls. why do tacky people get popular while talented people get looked over. popularity in this hobby is so freaking weird.
>>
>>6347310
Forget the tacky faceup. Why isn't any of her commissioners bothered by the fact that anytime she touches customer's dolls her fingernails are jam packed with fecal matter? She always refuses to wear gloves because she's too poor to afford a box of gloves. What the hell.
>>
>>6347446
> paid in full at release
> still waiting
Wtf. If you release a doll surely you'd have a few ready to go!? I don't understand how a company could operate like that.
>>
>>6348905
no bjd company has dolls ready at release, not even full sets. a dealer might have a doll in stock months and months after release, but it will be labeled as such.

it is at least a month minimum wait for a doll from pretty much any company. many companies, like dollshe, latidoll, and dollzone, have wait times of 6+ months to a full fucking year.
>>
>>6348424
yeah the fact she never wears gloves bugs me too. its super gross
>>
>>6348406
It really depends on the platform.
The ones with fugly dolls who are crazily popular usually tend to be so on platforms with a big amount of non-doll people (like Instagram).
Inside of the actual community they are not really known, yet alone popular.
Followers from outside usually follow them because they are into creepy, fucked up stuff or the added style (like elfgutz and fairy kei/creepy cute).

You can often tell from the comments it's either equally shit collectors or clueless teenagers. Not sure if I'd like to have thousands of followers like that, while the skilled artists stick together and create good stuff, just to a smaller audience.
And someone like Andreja just comes across as shallow normie fodder with basic bitch taste. Good, but without soul.
>>
can anyone tell me what is going on with napidoll?
what is this exchange rate thing, does this mean you can order from them now?
>>
>>6349335
I really like Andreaj stuff. Sure it's regular normie cute but it's so well done.

There is nothing wrong with having normie taste in my book.
>>
>>6350271
It's just that she comes across as doing it only for the money. Her stuff is easy to market, she rarely seems to actually do something with her dolls, doesn't follow new releases, everything is bland, she comes across like deep down she has not much knowledge, all she does seems to be done for the money etc.

Like I said, visually good but with zero depth/creativity/fire etc.
Just feel weird looking at her stuff.
It's also just “good“, because she stopped getting better a long time ago.
>>
>>6350326
I just really like her video and tutorial.
Byt yeah it would be nice if she could try doing more edgy thing from time to time instead of just the cute stuff, but if she likes it better that way...
I'm still a fan.

But 4chan being the place where doll people can be mean and critical instead of tiptoeing about things like in DoA.
how does her patreon work ?
is it just vid ? or are ther goodies from time to time ?
>>
>>6350329
I guess it's this feeling of watching something and deep down feeling you are being sold something. She also seems to be very out of it, like I never actually see her interact with others, having friends in the hobbies etc.; if you follow someone long enough you see they have a few friends (i.e. not just fans). Culur is the same.
Just weird.
Do agree though that I wish more people would do such nice videos.

As far as I remember it's mostly videos and sometimes she does giveaways? Like finished MH repaints. So if you want to own something by her, that's how xou can get it. No commission slots giveaways though.
>>
>>6350329
I'm a patron of Andreja (I know, pathetic, but i like how clean her videos are so /shrug)
We get videos early, generally we get early knowledge of her sales/auctions, we get to know where she buys a lot of stuff (since a lot of popular hobbyists seem to never answer "where did you buy this particular tshirt"), there have been a handful of doll giveaways as well as smaller doll related giveaways, weirdly we get to know a lot more about her personal life, like all the troubles she's had with moving rn.
Then we also get all the exclusive tutorials she makes solely for patreon.
So yeah, about 75% of it is videos. and if you're lucky, free stuff.
I think that's everything.
>>
>>6350444
>we get to know where she buys a lot of stuff (since a lot of popular hobbyists seem to never answer "where did you buy this particular tshirt")

Not sure if "having to pay for that information" is really much better than "person never answers such questions".

Honestly can't blame the really popular people though. They probably receive a dozen comments a day and they are all "where did you get X", without receiving a thank you when they answer and no real interest in their dolls/their work. Would get sick of that too.
>>
>>6350444
if you really like her vid, it's not pathetic. At least she is offering useful content for people wanting to emulate her cute style.
it's not the same as pateroning a skimpy half shitty cosplayers who only got popular because she shows her cleavages
>>
>>6350556
but let's hope we will keep on getting not so pretty but free tutorial stuff.
>>
>>6348424
A box of gloves is just a couple of bucks at the store. What the shit.

>>6350444
I like how clean her videos are too, anon. Competent editing goes a long way and she rarely rambles on. So long as she keeps producing content and not charging hefty sums on it, I'm okay. I guess I am used to seeing coswhores make bank on patreon for doing the bare minimum. Different demographic, but it's still frustrating to watch.
>>
File: reallynigga.jpg (56KB, 436x615px) Image search: [Google]
reallynigga.jpg
56KB, 436x615px
> tfw you havent logged onto DOA in weeks because you have several messages asking when you're going to reopen / faceup requests despite your shop being closed for TWO YEARS
>>
>>6350533
That's true, which is why I don't mind that being a perk. I can't imagine getting 100 of the same question every day and not literally strangling a stranger.

>>6350556
>>6350640
Please, never make me think of Andreja doing sexy cosplay. She's just not my type. And I'm not stupid enough to pay for that
>>
>>6350825
So... When ARE you going to reopen? :^)

Nah, I know how that goes. Every so often, I'll get an email asking me when I'm writing a sequel to a story I posted over ten fucking years ago on an account that hasn't been updated in almost as long.
>>
>>6351450
fucking never unless i lose my job and have no choice but to paint heads or starve. i still have my own extra heads to paint, some of which have been sitting around for two years, that i haven't even touched yet. not to mention the pile of monster high dolls i totally lost interest in customizing.

why can people just leave me the fuck alone so i can browse the forum goddamnit
>>
>>6350343
>>6350329
>>6350326
I don't interact with others, don't really do much with my dolls, and my taste is pretty simple (pretty, but admittedly bland). It doesn't mean I don't love my dolls and the hobby. I just don't love it in the same way others do. Andreja is probably the same. I think basing friendships off of the fact that you and another person both like dolls is weird and stupid, and communities are all shitshows. I'd never say something like "Doll owners who are prominent in doll communities are just doing it to boost their follower count" though. Not everyone has to show their love for the hobby like the majority of people do.
>>
>>6351607
Difference is, you aren't exclusively making content to make money with I assume? She rarely posts outside places that generate venue (her Insta is pretty much advertising place) and then don't even interact with people in those places.
There are lot of quiet people, but they don't feel like they are constantly selling something to you. And there are people with a big following who clearly aren't in it for the money, even the more reserved ones. Andreja stopped being one of them a long time ago.

And sorry anon that you seem to think similar interests/hobbies are apparently no base for a friendship. How the fuck you think people make those? Because their kids know each other and they have no other choice?
Or is it just dolls? Like being into cars or whatever would be good enough?
>>
>>6351661
For me it's the way she acts like some business/corporate accounts do. Down to the “use my special tags to show me what you did“ thing. Doubt she really cares, but it's a fantastic way to trick people into doing advertising for you while giving them the feeling they communicate directly towards you and get their stuff noticed by you. Lots of popular YT user, especially a a young fan base, strive from those young fans yearning to be recognized by their idol. Even if it's just a like. She's good at promoting herself. But I agree it can be weird to watch.
>>
yeah andreja's work feels very soulless, and a little corporate. its cute but theres nothing extra. her dolls just have a style rather then a personality. but then andreja herself doesnt give off much personality. her lucywen faceup was really pretty though. i dont know why but to me this doll of hers actually feels like it has a bit of a soul. her chloe army just feel super dull and boring to me. pretty, but fake. no soul or spark
>>
>>6351607
lol yeah thats really dumb. similar interests are the base for friendships most of the time. same taste in music, movies, tv, books, hobbies, like its all pretty ordinary to become friends with people who like the same stuff. gives you something to talk about. ive made friends with people in the hobby and the conversation usually starts with i like your dolls. doesnt mean you only have friends in the hobby, but to say basing a friendship on both being doll people is weird or stupid, is really really dumb.
>>
why
if this chick sells some of these i may just quit the hobby and give up on bjd making
>>
>>6352086
I can understand trying to sculpt your bjd, but why publicly post photos let alone try to sell it when you see the result is shitty ?

is it so hard to see your own work for what it is ?
>>
>>6352086

DINDU NUFFIN
>>
>>6352086
but why are her eyes different sizes? Looks like one of those "thanks for not having an abortion" reaction images.
>>
>>6352086
>mfw this is what I get when wishing for more Black-passing heads. Would rather have nothing than shitty caricatures.

"African" is as much of a language as "European," dumb bitch.
>>
>>6352335
You know what's even worse, the artist is white as fuck and talking about her plans to give her a 'kardashian butt'
>>
>>6352337
I hope it's as exaggerated as the nose and lips so I can die inside fully after laughing for hours. Good god.
>>
>>6352086
Thaaaat's racist!
>>
File: 8486215440_f230aede71_o.jpg (644KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
8486215440_f230aede71_o.jpg
644KB, 600x900px
>>6352086
"African", really?

>>6352114
>is it so hard to see your own work for what it is ?

Some people really do lack this skill.
Confuses the fuck out of me too, because they can see what others do and don't see theirs looks at least "different"?
>>
File: sword-final.jpg (11KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
sword-final.jpg
11KB, 640x445px
So I have a bunch of detailed metal swords I want to list on ebay for BJDs, but I'm unsure of what keywords I should use. "Accessories" and "swords" aren't returning many results. I also don't know what BJD size term I should say they'd fit.

Ex: They're the perfect size for things the height of Monster High / Ever After High dolls. What are the most popular BJD brand dolls in that size?
>>
>>6352933
1/6, yo-sd, tiny, etc.
Also try the word "prop".
>>
File: downloadfile.png (248KB, 483x274px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.png
248KB, 483x274px
>>6352228
It has an impressive pinhead look.
>>
>>6352986
Thanks!
>>
Any NDN collectors out there? And im not talkin no 1/5th 2% Cherokee nonsense. Im talkin actually connected/ actively taking part in their communities collectors.
>>
>>6352877
I read once that this is a trait of narcissism.

You can't see that yours is bad, or that someone else's is better. You can only see that yours is awesome, and others aren't yours. Therefore, the other must be awful (and why aren't yours selling when they're so much better?!)
>>
>>6352337
#WhenYouAppropriateTheAppropriatorAndCantAdmitSheIsJustGonnaHaveABlackAss
>>
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO DOD
>>
>>6353405

DOD?
>>
>>6353405
Dream of Doll or Den of Demons?
Both have been dead for a while now.
>>
>>6352877
>>6352114
>>6353351
Perhaps it is a symptom of the participation trophy generation. A generation of kids being told "everything you do is great and your perfect the way you are" will have detrimental effects on the way they behave as adults.
>>
>>6353804
The woman who sculpted that is probably 60. She posts things like "Sexy Grandma" all over her FB. Don't blame youth and the 'participation trophy' myth for this, some people are just fucking shitty.
>>
>>6353804
Naw, it's been a thing since the beginning of time AND is a thing in countries were participation trophy bullshit isn't that widespread.

>>6353351
In some cases this might be true, but lots of people aren't the "mine is great and yours is shit, because mine is mine" type.
In fact, to them everything seems to be great by default.
Doesn't matter if it's their wonky slap of clay or someone's gorgeous masterpiece, all looks the same to them.

It boggles me a lot more than the narcisstic types, because...how can you not see the difference? Some people just totally lack a feeling for quality.
>>
>>6353722
Dream of doll. Im kinda salty cause I wanted to buy something off of there but they've been dead for ages. i want them to come back ;-;
>>
uhm hey, im the anon asking about napidoll, can I get some help please?
>>
>>6353804
yes it does have a detrimental effect. studies have shown that the "praise everyone equally" approach to schooling actually lowers the self-esteem of the children and teens treated that way. everyone, besides those where little narcissists already, could tell that different students were doing different quality work and were being praised the same way. they learned that 'anyone praising me is probably lying' and 'my effort doesn't earn me anything special.' So yeah, it actually was a BAD idea but for the opposite reason people like to claim :)))

>>6353342 my dad is NDN and my mom is White, we try to be connected but it's tough. our community is virtually nonexistent after a denied treaty/no reservation and generations of assimilation. rebuilding efforts are going on, but.... well, lets just say that the Indian School was in operation in my region through my grandfather's generation was very effective.
I keep an eye out, but I don't think i've seen any other NDN collectors, just half assed """Native American""" costumey themed dolls from companies/collectors. it's hard to even find good sculpts, but that Iple Isobel that just came out would be cool as an real NDN character.
>>
>>6354041
People in the DoA 1/3 section thread have been tracking their website moving from domain to domain. So somebody at least still owns the website and is keeping it alive.
>>
File: tumblr_l6bz1v07rp1qa340go1_500.jpg (62KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l6bz1v07rp1qa340go1_500.jpg
62KB, 500x334px
>>6354041
I honestly don't know what happened to them.
Okay, they stopped releasing new stuff and the only people who were still actively buying from them were their old hardcore-fans, and even those decided to stop after owning 15 of pretty much the same face and single jointed pink bodies.

Still, there is no other company that looks like DOD. If you are a fan, you are totally out of luck.
>>
File: I Tried.png (943KB, 984x699px) Image search: [Google]
I Tried.png
943KB, 984x699px
Hey anons, I just completed my first faceup and am looking for criticism specifically on what I did wrong or what needs work as I wasn't exactly happy with how my doll ended up looking. In short I need tips in general on how to improve.

To be clear...

>The top row is the faceup I did.
>Bottom row is the faceup she came with.

Some stuff I am aware I did wrong is the paint didn't get thinned enough to thats why her eyelashes look crusty. Her eyebrows are also too thick and solid. The blushing overall sucks. That white line above the lips too.

Also fixed her dress in between too so it didnt ride up her chest like in the bottom row of photos.
>>
>>6354953
Well, it's definitely an improvement over what she came with. So you can at least take some confidence from that.

I think you already know what your weaknesses are, and the only thing above that that I would suggest is to avoid blushing her chin like that. She looks like she has a 5 o'clock shadow.
>>
File: 8500525875_a09860923e_o.jpg (276KB, 1100x1166px) Image search: [Google]
8500525875_a09860923e_o.jpg
276KB, 1100x1166px
>>6354953
Did you only use warm (reddish hues) for blushing? You can use cold hues in the opposing spaces to contrast more.
A bit like in this tutorial from BlueOxyde / BleuAcide (maybe not to strong though. Dose according to your style)
>>
>>6353938
Yeah. I would like to make one thats wearing our regalia but im not allowed to display that publically by any means so i jist keep it too myself. Itd be nice to make more friends though.
>>
>>6354953
Typically, you don't paint on upper lashes. She does look much cleaner than she did, but definitely use a kneaded eraser to clean up the area around the lip a little more next time. And be a little more bold in extending the pastel onto the upper lid, because the eyeliner/lashes will always take up more room than you think when the doll is blank. I have that problem too
>>
File: Contour.jpg (41KB, 450x417px) Image search: [Google]
Contour.jpg
41KB, 450x417px
>>6354953
Highlight areas you want to bring forward, use cool-toned colours to add shadow. Blush only goes on the cheeks, not the nose, unless you want that tumblr look.
>>
File: 17966206480_83859bc2dc_o.jpg (264KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
17966206480_83859bc2dc_o.jpg
264KB, 750x500px
>>6356075
Naw, blush is fine on the nose too, not just Rudolph red nose like.
Blush the inside of the nostrils, the sides, basically everything that is shadowy on that photo too.
They key is to blush a lot without letting it look like that.
>>
File: wtf.png (419KB, 426x756px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
419KB, 426x756px
Oh anons! I found a picture of one of my early faceups and nearly gave myself a heart attack. Aside from the obviously poor quality of the faceup, there is something seriously terrifying about this thing's face. I don't remember it being this creepy back then.
>>
>>6356821
They got dick suckin lips
>>
>>6356821
Why is the neck like that? It looks like it has a sculpted neck leaning to the left, and then someone took that and put it on top of ANOTHER neck. Either that or it has...mid-throat articulation.
>>
File: DollChateau_Evaline.jpg (199KB, 537x806px) Image search: [Google]
DollChateau_Evaline.jpg
199KB, 537x806px
>>6356913
I'm guessing that doll is from Doll Chateau. They do weird sculpts, but I kinda dig them.
>>
>>6356913
Yeah, it's a Doll Chateau.
For some unknown reason they decided to add weird extra joints at one point to their bodies and they kinda kept doing that.
>>
>>6354661
>So yeah, it actually was a BAD idea but for the opposite reason people like to claim

Interesting, thanks for the elaboration!
>>
File: 15191893047_ec5ab332f5_o.jpg (146KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
15191893047_ec5ab332f5_o.jpg
146KB, 530x800px
>>6356913
You're right. It indeed is a mid-throat articulated joint. It might look weird but Doll Chateau's lines are more created to be creepy or otherworldly hence why the weird joints. A look at their company photos shows they aren't supposed to look natural at all.
I love the neck joint because it gives a great range of articulation that can allow nice natural poses or go as far as making creepy broken neck poses.
The neck may be too long but imo it looks beautiful in high collar fantasy outfits.
>>
My freind makes working miniature toilets (he says any smaller and they won't flush properly)is this the place to shill for him?
>>
>>6360004
A vid
https://youtu.be/8I5aBPJP-oY
>>
>>6360004

why would this be the place to shill miniature toilets?
>>
>>6360182
They are for doll houses
This is a doll thread
>>
>>6360609

there's a doll house thread. go there
>>
One more week until I buy my first doll! I'm this close to jumping the gun. Help me stand strong and wait until the event starts next week.
>>
>>6360004
>miniature toilets
>flush
dare I ask
>>
>>6360004
By extension, does he make miniature plumbing and septic systems?
>>
>>6357766
Cool part about the DC dolls is you can always take out those "extra" joints if you don't like them. I think they're kinda fun and add a little more flexibility to the doll.

>>6361178
Following DearMine was a mistake. That bunny is tempting me, but I have other expenses that need to come first.

>>6361970
I guess for your dolls to pose with in their kawaii ~teehee so wasted can't hold my liquor~ poses. Idek.
>>
Anyone going to A-Kon?
>>
>>6360609
You do realize though that the dolls posted here are mostly far away from fitting in any doll houses?
Except for some exceptions the smallest popular BJD scale is 1/6, with 1/4 and especially 1/3 being the most popular.
>>
>>6362003
No it just has a working mechanism and a tube out the bottom
>>
>>6360628
I do not see one
>>
>>6362410
>>/mu/
>>
>>6362673
spooky skeleton general /ssg/ would probably be interested. The guys in there have crazy dioramas and houses built for their spooky little dudes
>>
>>6362660
True.
1:3 is near to the size of a human child and too large to play with. They are more like angelic photo sculptures.

1:6 is the largest scale that is practical to "play dolls" with. It is great for emotional character play. 1:6 scale dioramas can look super realistic and are easy to DIY, but they quickly take up too much space if you make multiple rooms / diorama scenes.

1:12 and 1:24 are very good dollhouse scales for play-ability.

1:48 scale is good for a larger world where the focus is on what the characters "do" instead of "who" they are.
>>
In honor of me wanted to buy a DearMine cat girl, here's a gift copy of Nekopara 1 on Steam for someone that wants it. https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=PPkZc6yyBV8c6__w (The blanks are the capital letters of the company name)

And another picture of that cute bunny to keep it on topic.
>>
>>6362746
Not picking it up, but this is really nice of you anon.
Hope you get your cat girl soon, Dearmine is a great company!
>>
>>6362746
>>6362760
Also not picking it up, but I like your generosity and positive thoughts, thanks.
>>
>>6362760
Just waiting for the summer event to see if the limited Diana will be worth it, or if I'm going to stick with my first choice of a basic Priscilla. I have the money, I just need to wait another week so I'm not kicking myself for being impatient.
>>
>>6362760
i didnt get the appeal of Dearmine until I saw one in person. they're really beautiful
>>
>>6362860
Yeah, you need to dig that cutesie anthro look, but what they do...they do really good. And their face-ups are very nice too.
>>
>>6362701
Not that A-Kon!
>>
>>6362879
>And their face-ups are very nice too.
Speaking of, I really wish they sold blank faces so I could practice my own without potentially ruining my only doll. I'm still pretty new, is that not really a thing companies do? Do you pretty much always have to buy an entire blank doll for that?
>>
File: dfa_phead1408_01.jpg (77KB, 709x507px) Image search: [Google]
dfa_phead1408_01.jpg
77KB, 709x507px
>>6362893
A few companies sell practice heads at a steep discount. These heads aren't detailed and some have defects, but some people keep them as a regular part of their collection.

Make sure you're buying from a reputable dealer though, because recasters have sold their wares as practice heads.
>>
>>6362410
Wanted to, but not this year. They have some pretty decent guests this year in everything but dolls (but honestly, we rarely get good guests for DollAkon)

>>6362893
A lot of companies do it, but Dearmine doesn't seem to be one. You may be able to snag a Fairyland Pukisha faceplate for cheapish (in many sizes) to practice on, since I feel they have a similar aesthetic.
>>
>>6362892
oh yeah well where is thr scientific evidence
>>
So I'm thinking of putting some temporary tattoos on a doll, and I wanna know what a good sealant is. I've seen tutorials that use modgepodge and others that use MSC.

Opinions on which would be better?
>>
Why does nobody want to use msc anymore????
>>
>>6364923
I've used it on a few sculptures I've painted and I guess I put it on a bittoo this because the paint reliquified/melted in certain spots. I only noticed this when I touched it though. That and the fumes are obnoxious. That's why I'm asking if modgpodge is a good alternative. The only issue is I don't know if it dries matte or not.
>>
>>6364923
No one has ever wanted to use MSC because it's too fucking hard to get. I don't want to wait 2 mos in shipping.

I have used modpodge on large pieces of blushing etc. It takes a long time to dry (I do at least 2 days, i've seen some say weeks/a month to be safe) and it has to be airbrushed. It probably won't budge thereafter (until removed). I used the matte stuff but used a layer of ZM spray on top just to kill any shine
>>
>>6363975
Read the OP, sealants are listed there.

>>6364923
I personally still use MSC the most, but I am lucky and most of the time able to get it easily in my country. Fuck, few years ago I had a local store in walking distance who sold it.
You sometimes have months where it seems to be sold out everywhere, which is why I tend to buy a few cans right away as soon as the stores got stock in.

Else, Purity Seal was my #2 for a long time. But they changed their formula and it's no good on darker skintones anymore, and it frosts heavily for me most of the time on anything else too.
MSC changed their formula too, which made it more prone to crack after a while, but so far it only happened to me on two pieces...just hope it will stay like that.

I have an airbrush, but personally it's too much of a hassle to seal with it. Since it's clear you often don't see if and how much sealant is currently blowing out of the gun and where onto the head.
It's also a pest to clean the gun afterwards, and it is not made for "quick sealing inbetween steps", and since I tend to do a shitton of layers I need this.
Still want to use it more for airbrushed parts, the Vallejo sealant is pretty sturdy and helps against scratches and chips.
>>
>>6364964
adding, to: >>6363975
The way MSC acted on you is not normal. Unlike with airbrush sealants you need to make sure humidity and temperature are just right. Shake the can well, better heat it up in some warm water too, and keep the right amount of distance. Make sure the paint had time to fully dry AND cure before you seal it. Spray several quick, thin layers instead of one thick one.
Unless you have a funky can this is enough to get a good result.

In case of a temporary tattoo, and if it isn't a huge one, you can totally use brush on sealant though. I assume you mean those kid tattoos, or do you mean temporary as in "just wanna paint a few one that I will wipe sometime later"?
If it's the kid type, just brush on some sealant, let it dry, apply the tattoo like usual, let it dry, brush on sealant. The Vallejo Premium Matt Varnish is a good choice.
In case you want to actually paint on the tattoos I fear a spray on sealant is needed. Brushed on sealants tend to smear away paint and details.
>>
File: 15680804975_36ac7f5d09_z.jpg (91KB, 429x640px) Image search: [Google]
15680804975_36ac7f5d09_z.jpg
91KB, 429x640px
I am so excited. I bought my first Volks doll-Coco. I've been in the hobby for over 2 years now. I am looking forward to comparing her to my other dolls in terms of quality.
she is so cute!
>>
>>6364980
Grats on your new girl! Volks has stepped it up on their new standards imo.
>>
>>6364938
I'ts safe to assume you arnt located in the US then? cause junkyspot and moc can get that shit to you in like a fucking week
>>
Why do people post pictures of themselves with the doll when you ask for a picture of the doll like move I want to see the sculpt. Not your face lol
>>
File: mf1.jpg (30KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
mf1.jpg
30KB, 500x356px
>>6365807
>>
>>6364964
I need to buy a new can of sealant, but it sounds like every one of them has degraded their quality in the past few years. With the last two cans of MSC I bought, one started spewing shiny globs with 1/3 the can left. The next can did the same shit after only half the can was used, and a few months later the faceups crackled horribly. I feel so defeated because that was almost $30 pretty much wasted.
>>
>>6365821
E X A C T L Y
>>
Where is a good place to go to when trying to sell one of my dolls? Apart from denofangels, as I can't be bothered to make 40 posts on their forums.
>>
>>6366315
Lots of people sell on instagram and facebook
>>
>>6366329
I don't have an account on either of them. I guess that's gonna be harder than I thought.
I bought one of Volks' SDCs years ago, but never really got into BJD after that. So she has just been sitting on my shelf and I finally decided that someone else probably has better use for her.
She comes with her original box, face-up, clothes and certificate. I just have no idea where to find someone who could be interested.
>>
>>6366343
You can pretty much sell everywhere, but when you don't have an account somewhere shit won't work anyway.

If you have no place to post where the community exists in some way (i.e. forums, social media), you can pretty much only try ebay. Maybe other local selling platforms, but keep in mind the possible interested buyers pool is small there.
>>
>>6366329
I started selling on FB a while ago, and while it is faster...fuck are people stupid/blind/both.

>Is thing X included?
I listed what is included and took pictures of all included parts, thing X is neither listed nor on the pictures so take a wild guess

>Which size is the wig?
Mentioned the size on both photo and description of the wig, buddy

>I want thing X
Nice, but it says ON HOLD/SOLD in big, bold letters next to it?

>Is shipping included?
Yes, I only mentioned it in the first line AND told you already when I gave you the price for the piece you wanted, even if said price was also on the picture/in the description again

>Do you have bigger pictures?
How about the link to the album I labelled "BIGGER PICTURES HERE" right at the top?

>How much is shipping/what shipping options do I have?
I stated the shipping costs/options at the top and also said they are valid worldwide, I assume you live on the same planet as I do, right?

>Where do you ship from?
It says so RIGHT AT THE TOP AGAIN

And all those people who want you to put shit on hold for them, then drag it out for days for whatever reason/need forever to reply and then don't buy it because of some other bullshit reason.
Or overall people who need forever to reply and have to get every fucking piece of information beaten out of them.

Seriously am happy when my shit is mostly sold, because I fear I'm going to get a stroke sooner or later.
And I know it sounds mean, but why are all of those retarded buyers from the US. The Europeans are not that fucking exhausting.
>>
File: zxv.png (758KB, 994x664px) Image search: [Google]
zxv.png
758KB, 994x664px
Dawww isn't he adorable. He came with his nose bubble wrapped.
>>
>>6366568
Cyrano de Bergerac?
>>
>>6366343
Which SDC is it? Most of them (except Renee-- I expect even with the rerelease, she's still gonna be over $2k) are kind of cheapish at the moment. I'm not saying I'm buying, but am just curious.

>>6366568
That sculpt is definitely not my cup of tea, but I'm glad you like him.
>>
>>6367755
I have Sora.
>>
>>6366841
LOL I never thought about it that way but it's perfect.

>>6367755
Thanks anon. I thought I would share so the other anon that from a million years ago ordered him would know DC started shipping snowborns. (if that anon ever sees my post anyway.)
>>
>>6366568
This is immensely amusing. What are you going to do with it, anon?
>>
>>6367755
>I expect even with the rerelease, she's still gonna be over $2k
They're now going for under $1k on Y!J.
>>
>>6365807
>>6365821
Weird. I've literally never had this problem when asking for pictures of x sculpt, or seen such a response more than maybe a couple times in many years of browsing the DoA pic request subforum. Like, occasionally people will take photos with their dolls, but if you ask to see a doll/sculpt usually most responses will be just that.

...though if you asked on an FB group I can totally picture the BJD Addicts general population responding with a bunch of selfies that have a blurry doll in the corner.
>>
>>6368248
Nothing really. I just bought the head because that sweet smile was too hard for my heart to let go. I don't even want to give him a faceup since he already looks cute blank. I'm going to order a short wig for him and display the head in a basket of fake flowers on my shelf.
>>
>>6368272
That's a cool idea.
>>
>>6365000
She came in and I love her! I see why people love Volks now. I was just surprised at her size and how young she does look. Im just used to my more matures SDs. Not a bad thing, she is adorable!
>>
File: 34714305242_d5f67149ea_k.jpg (609KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
34714305242_d5f67149ea_k.jpg
609KB, 2048x1365px
I just bought my first doll (Bride Peppi from Cocoriang) two weeks ago! I'm very exited, but its a bid daunting starting off with a tiny anthro mold. Her proportions are kind of strange compared to most anthros I've seen. I imagine I'd probably have to sew for her.
>>
>>6368694
Oh, she's adorable. Cocoriang is definitely on my list. They make the best bunnies, though I do like Pipos's halloween fullset from a couple years back. That's part of the reason I'm starting with Dearmine. They're anthros, but the proportions are more human
>>
>>6368694
Love the little thing of hair.
>>
>>6368249
>tfw in the process of buying a car
>tfw they're rereleasing two of my grails (SDM Mamu and SDC Renee) in a short period of time
End me, please.
Thanks for letting me know, anon. Maybe there's hope they won't be super rape prices once I get resettled.

>>6368694
Cute! I think one of the more challenging parts would be making pants, but if you stuck to dresses it shouldn't be too terrible. You're probably right on having to have to make everything for her since she's definitely a very niche body.
>>
>>6369522
I feel you. I am lusting after the new Kanon badly but we are moving soon. :(
>>
>>6368694
Friends of mine have a Tobi and he's the cutest little thing and super photogenic. Very high quality too, but the face alone is worth it. Peppi and all their others are pretty much the same.

Unrelated:
follow two girls on Insta and I wish I had a doll friendship like them. Sending each other gifts, one customizes dolls for the other (I love her airbrush work), helping each other out taking pictures, visiting each other...and they both have cool dolls too, even if they are very different. I always feel a litte jealous when I see how they interact. Wish my local group wouldn't suck so hard...
>>
So, I'm back to daily life after Doll Akon. Which was the biggest mess of drama I have ever seen in my life. (Including some fraud.)
I'm on the do-not-hire list now, along with at least two of my friends, brother-in-law, and wife. 12 volunteers have quit. Several vendors are debating their positions.
I'm exhausted but willing to answer questions, since I'm no longer under gag order and this is the only viable place to post that isn't going to bite me in the ass more than I'd enjoy.
I'm debating putting my name on the ban list for TBC-- not for confessions about me, but to make sure it's emphasized that anything posted (and there will be) can't be me.

I'll be in an out if anyone has any questions, since I'm at work. Never thought I'd be so happy to be here. It's so damn normal.
>>
File: heres your (You).png (194KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
heres your (You).png
194KB, 448x468px
>>6370110
well, why don't you just tell us what happened
>>
>>6370110
Doll Akon ?
>>
>>6370110

I did hear from a vendor that it was pretty shit. Seemed like nothing sold. And I gotta say, the pics from it seemed like the audience who went was 99% your generic, mentally ill tumblrboo with no money and a mirodoll-bobobie hybrid...

So what went on?
>>
>>6370203
> Seemed like nothing sold.
This was actually an A-Kon in general problem. You should have seen the artist alley mess on /cgl/. It was BAD for vendors in general this year.

>>6370110
Could you elaborate? Us normal attendees got bits and pieces, but nothing really about what the fuck was going on this weekend. I know there was something about the charity auction, right?
>>
>>6370203
Sadly even on the more artsy doll-only events (like LDoll) it's hard to sell nowadays. I talked with some of the artists from abroad (China, Russia) and they were a little shocked how LDoll was both barely visited and very slow for them in 2016. Things did seem to work out better locally for them. Granted last year was fucked due to them (LDoll) taking a break before and people being scared of terrorism, but still. Even the non cheapo-weebs are hard to get if you aren't Dust of Dolls or similar.

No surprise though that a doll con that happens during a regular con is full of weebs with no money.
>>
>>6370132
There's a lot. The auction for theRing Doll Lora was rigged, the owner of doll akon may have been playing with her at home to the point that the shorts were not from the full set. She also completely lost her marbles and accused her staff of a conspiracy. There's... a lot.

>>6370203
It was pretty shit for everyone, but yeah. Really bad sales.

>>6370296
The charity auction part that the public knew wasn't even close to a valid excuse and was more of a sad attempt to cover stuff up and oust the charity lead, desu. The issue stated at the social was that there were two green tickets sold that shouldn't have been, and used in the raffle part of charity. But the two tickets sold were to people we knew and we just kinda could... swap them? Nbd? But it HAD to have an announcement, apparently.
>>
>>6370315
Sorry in advance if I end up asking too many questions. I'm just so confused on what the hell happened halfway through the con.

Who is the owner of Doll Akon? I'm new to the area and would really like to avoid buying from them if possible. Initials are fine. I'm in the DFW sales group, so I can look there.

That's so frustrating to even read about and I wasn't even involved in the auction. I hope Ring Doll will continue to attend Doll Akon. Side note- why is every Ring Doll employee so damn beautiful?

Why did the volunteers end up quitting? Was the issue Amy on the Doll Akon FB group posted about related to this? FB is blocked at work (but not 4Chan- go figure) so I can't look it up, but it was just something about "thanks for protecting me x, y, z!"

Are we gonna have Doll Akon in the future? It's my main reason for going to Akon since Anime Fest is a significantly better anime convention.
>>
>>6370384
That is a lot, haha. Good questions, though.

The owner is Shannon T. The T is important- there's a dozen Shannons.
Ring Doll's people are amazing too, hot damn. So sweet. As for their continued participation: it'll depend on how Cherry feels about how certain members were treated.
The quitting was mostly for similar reasons- Shannon completely lost her marbles and would rant endlessly. I had very few breaks because she wouldn't let me escape due to RANTING. All about how useless everyone was, and such. The Amy thing was unrelated- that, along with another issue, were handled well and as best they could be. Some drunk guy smashed into her and someone else's room in the middle of the night, basically. (Amy is a sweetheart, though.)
The future of doll akon is very uncertain. Shannon should have been quitting, craziness or not. She's not healthy enough. And frankly, the rest of the departments hated us WITHOUT having 15 issues concerning con ops happen. So who knows.
>>
>>6370384
Wife of DAK OP here:
We walked because she sat there and accused us of conspiring against her, that we wanted to bring down the con.

We also left because she started accusing everyone of being psychopaths and literally called me illiterate and incompetent.

After we left, she even made a death threat against me.

For the RingDoll Lora - she bullied her friends into bidding, and then made them chip in money to help her.

Also, I did A/V for RingDoll's Q&A panel, and Huang Shan is just the prettiest, nicest guy.
>>
>>6370532
>>6370597
Ok! I saw her. I actually talked to people this year instead of awkwardly staring at my dolls the whole time, so I think we talked. If you two are who I think you are, you seemed very nice and I'm sorry this happened to you.

Is there any way to coerce her to step down? The old head of A-Kon's programming had to do that after she royally fucked up anything and everything panel related that one year (like Funimation's reps were roasting programming at their panel that year bad). Something like this seems even more serious imo.

Shannon is already posting about next year, so I guess it's already in the works (if she doesn't take this doll too haha).

I actually wanted to be a vendor next year but I think I'll pass now unless the tables are dirt cheap. Thank you for the answers.
>>
>>6370620
If you take a vendor table, she won't let you shut it down to go enjoy the con. She will force you to have someone there at all times, and if you make her mad and leave the space and forget something at the end of con, she will state that she doesn't care about it and it's not her problem.

I was a vendor and I watched her do that with a doll this year. I have no idea if that doll got to its owner or not.
>>
>>6370813

What's crazy to me is that the tables were up against the wall with no chairs provided? I have never seen that
>>
>>6370813
Oh shit. Good to know indeed. So much for Doll Akon being the one good doll con around here. Guess I'm saving up for LDoll or a trip to Japan hahaha.

Can I be nosy and ask who the vendor was?
>>
>>6370855
Doll Free Market in Seoul was awesome too fyi
>>
>>6370855
The table didn't have a name, and there were like four or five people sitting on each day. I think it was run by the girls who did the Dolls in Urban Legends panel.
>>
>>6370813
!!!!
It was my doll. It's Sal. I got it. No worries. She was chilling with Sweet Dolls.
>>
>>6370532

Is Shannon T the woman who used to run kirby lane doll shop or is that another shannon?
>>
>>6371060
Different. I believe Shannon T runs Sammy's Treat Shop?
>>
File: IMG_2970.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2970.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Doll akon friend seems to be telling the truth.

The batshit bell is ringing on this one.
>>
>>6371363
So basically doll was with her prior the con, she played with it and decided to keep it and then during the con she tried her hardest this would happen. Not surprised to see she's a mother though and that of course she thinks her daughter/she are somehow entitled to the doll. I mean "some very unfriendly people tried to turn her up too high for us"?
Bitch it's an auction. Someone else wanted that doll too, that's how it works.

Isn't it normally the case that people who organize and/or are affiliated with an event are not allowed to win stuff?
>>
>>6371411
Did it have it in the paper work - ie the family of organizers cant win items? Usually legally people who can rig it are kept out, but this sounds like a crazy mom and pop convention tack on group. When i see local raffles and such, i tend to avoid it cause they dont use that type of divided investment stuff.

How much did the doll go for? I hope for a cool thousand, cause it's meant to help people and not just this asshole.
>>
>>6370315
>>6370384
>>6370532
>>6370597
>>6370620
>>6370813
Holy shit, what a trainwreck. I had to skip this year, but thanks for letting me in on the juicy gossip. I think I know who a couple of y'all are, and it's sad Shannon treated you that way.

Also, it's kinda... suspicious that Danya (EchoWigs) has been so involved in this con this year. Previous years she's just been a pretty basic vendor, but it felt like she was trying to run part of the con this year. She may have been, idk. But considering she can't run her own business responsibly and acts childish, she should not be in that sort of position.

Also, if someone here is Danya, please get your shit together. You've got too much craycray going on.

>>6371411
Idgaf if organizers win it or not, but they should do it fairly. Also, I will be angry if the funds do not go to where it's supposed to. Scammy shit is not cool.
>>
>>6371415
It went for 921.
>>
>>6371610
I think that's too radical of a jump, anon. Danya really didn't do more than her table and panels.
>>
>>6371670
That's good to hear. It was just a vibe I was getting from the DAK fb page I was trying to live vicariously through.
Speaking of, I've noticed a LOT of people have been booted/left from it. Even the skinny dude with all the MH dolls and vinyls that has been to the meets since we started having them eons ago isn't on the page anymore.
>>
>>6371688
>Speaking of, I've noticed a LOT of people have been booted/left from it. Even the skinny dude with all the MH dolls and vinyls that has been to the meets since we started having them eons ago isn't on the page anymore.
That sucks. He seemed a little weird, but nothing out of the ordinary for cons/doll people. He was nice.

Unrelated but did Kayke lose weight? She looked a lot healthier/glowier this year. Good for you, Kayke. Your face-ups also looked less crusty than usual.
>>
File: kayke gets a job.png (23KB, 772x473px) Image search: [Google]
kayke gets a job.png
23KB, 772x473px
>>6371702
He was alright. His dolls looked walleyed and desperately needed their wigs brushed (sort of like him), but he wasn't a huge creeper.

Re:Kayke: According to her tumblr, she got her "dream job"? That may be why. Also not sure if she's still trying to get preg. Did you get to see the Kiwis in person? I'm pretty tempted to get one since she said she'll do custom coloring and wanted to know how her casting turned out.
>>
>>6371664
Doesn't the doll go for like 500 bucks (not counting the basic full-set)?! So she nearly paid a grand instead of giving up that doll and ordering a fresh one from Ringdoll? The full-set is not that great that paying so much extra for it is worth it.
>>
>>6371688
>>6371702
>>6371752
I'm going to be mean but-- he got booted because he was upsetting guests (including ring doll) and was badge banned last year. He was frequently drunk or high in con space. Ft worth cops picked him up while drunk, though I don't know exactly where. He's been formally banned. Don't feel bad for him, please.
>>
>>6371670
Do people actually attend her pay-for-bad-stringing panels? I knew her years ago and every restringing job I ever saw her do was botched.
>>
>>6371664
Holy shit, $921 for a doll with a body that might as well be a ResinSoul. How do people this entitled exist, and why do others enable them?

Also
>"Waah, my kid is teased because some of her hair fell out"
>posts pic of kid, kid still has most of her hair but is clearly obese
>solution to teasing=buys the kid a $920 doll
Poor kid. Welcome to a life of feeling inadequate, non-solutions, and shopping addiction. I'm not even being sarcastic, poor kid. She looks miserable.
>>
>>6372080

that kid doesn't look obese at all
>>
>>6372080

Not trying to be mean but doesn't her kid have downs? Her face has some of the markers for it.
>>
>>6372136
The mother is clearly retarded, so it seems likely.
>>
>>6371984
I fucking love 4Chan. The doll community is so hush hush that I never would have learned about this otherwise. THANK YOU. I was one of the anons you were replying to.
>>
File: gingerkid.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gingerkid.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>6372136
I dunno. It could just be a ginger going through awkward times. Either way, I think a professional hairpiece for the poor kid would be more helpful than a doll.
>>
>>6372136
Her daughter does have downs, but we're here to discuss how the mother's a bitch. Leave her daughter out of it.
>>
Yeah, guys. Don't make fun of the kid. Sammy is the biggest sweetheart of a child and I feel shit about not being able to see her again.
>>
>>6372236
>>6372360
I don't want anybody to think I was making fun of the kid. It's crap that her mother is using her problems as an excuse to panhandle for plastic. BJDs can't fix IRL problems. Like... send the kid to summer camp, therapy, a salon... I was an unfortunate kid that got tormented for years, so it irritates me to see somebody pretend a fancy toy will make things better when you get teased every day.
>>
>>6372414
It's because the doll isn't really for the child.
>>
>>6372421
This is essentially just a nerdier version of a parent entering their two year old in a beauty pageant.
>>
>>6371363
Well fuck. I saw this thread on Addicts and she's really playing up the "We really wanted it, how dare those other bidders make it hard for us!" angle.

She even goes as far to suggest people bid higher because they knew she was tight on money to make it more difficult for her What the fuck?
>>
>>6373593
Crazy, right? No one could have possibly wanted to buy the item!
(Could've gone to 1000, since it was a special item, but how dare we have a special reason for wanting into it!)
>>
>>6373593
I am always the victim complex.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170615-025302.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170615-025302.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
Does anyone know if Xaga Doll has a taobao or somewhere I could buy this dress that isn't legend doll?
>>
>>6374178
Same anon, forgot to add:
I'm also looking for any taobao stores that sell anything similar to the above outfit. Lolita-esque style! Thanks in Advance~
>>
File: rolanniacheshirecat.png (1MB, 530x796px) Image search: [Google]
rolanniacheshirecat.png
1MB, 530x796px
>>6374178
xagadoll.taobao.com

The closest thing I've seen to that outfit was from a store called +Rocking Horse+, but the store seems dead. You can check these out if you'd like.
promiseoftheworld.taobao.com
udollhouse.taobao.com
oddbjd.taobao.com
shop103328926.taobao.com

Unfortunately Taobao's pretty lacking in *actual* lolita outfits for dolls, but what they do have is pretty intricate.
>>
>>6368252
>general
Thats exactly who im talking about lmao.
>>
>>6371363
I saw this floating around
>>
>>6375078
Fuck, just checked Rocking Horse and their shop is indeed empty. Damn, wanted to get an outfit from them in the next weeks :/

Regarding Promise of the World: their stuff is really high quality, BUT their waiting times are absolutely ridiculous. Both when you buy through a dealer and directly from them.
They need several months even for a single shirt.
Can recommend their stuff, but bring some patience and better not do a huge order. I personally always fear they disappear any second.
>>
>>6375488
Aw, thanks for the heads up. If I do order from them I'll do it separately from any other purchase.
>>
NEW PICCONEEMO BODY FINALLY UP FOR PREORDER. I have been waiting for this for ages. I'm so goddamn hyped. I just wish the max wasn't three. I have way more than three dolls that need new bodies.
>>
>>6375078
Whenever I try and go to xaga's taobao it shows that the site has been removed :/
>>
What is up with this milo ryobjd person? They're apparently blocking people who ask what the sculpt their dolls are... probably cuz they're recast lol.
>>
>>6376565
I heard about this happening and im happy you told us who it was. Time to lurk :-)
>>
>>6376565
Found em. seems like a hardcore koreaboo (if that's a word) with HEAVILY edited photos. Its kinda worrysome....
>>
>>6376565
>>6376750
They have an IG too. Its thedollkastle and wow, Ive never seen anything so cringey. Iplehouse heads on DC bodies and Mpreg photo stories. :')))
>>
>>6376828
looks like they changed it to just dollkastle
>>
>>6371984
Weird! I never really noticed him being under the influence in cons prior. He was just... there. I usually pick up on that shit, but tbf, I didn't go this year and last year couldn't attend as much as I wanted to. Thanks for cluing us in, anon.

>>6375637
Aw yeah! Now if they'd make a Pure Neemo body in similar fashion, I'd be really happy.

>>6376828
>Iplehouse heads on DC bodies and Mpreg photo stories.
Oh lort, I have enough trouble getting smaller necked BJDs to look decent on DC bodies, but Iplehouse who is notorious for having larger neck sizes than the rest? I gotta see this.
>>
>>6376828
>>6377219
post cringe pls
>>
File: wutrdos.png (318KB, 540x740px) Image search: [Google]
wutrdos.png
318KB, 540x740px
WHAT ARE THOSE?!
>>
>>6377357
special effects
>>
File: 1474946844688.jpg (94KB, 412x412px) Image search: [Google]
1474946844688.jpg
94KB, 412x412px
>>6376547
They had an issue with their first store, xaga.taobao.
xagadoll.taobao is working fine.

>>6376565
Here I thought they were blocking people because they didn't want their super kawaii fanfic characters to get stolen uwu. Recasts make more sense.
>mfw mpreg
>>
I made the mistake of taking doll stuff to the general A-Kon swap meet. Finally unpacking and I notice that two of the outfits I brought and did not swap are now missing. I don't want to say stolen, but I had some pretty handsy people coming up to my stuff. I also have a doll stained by blue body paint, so that's going to be really fun to fix. Sorry to rant, but I'm so annoyed right now. I feel so stupid. I shouldn't have brought doll stuff to the general swap meet. I gotta bring a giant "NO TOUCHING" sign next year. Too many people with worthless shit I wasn't interested in kept fucking with my stuff.
>>
>>6377996

I think I saw someone else say they had shit go missing too, unless that was you. I'm actually typically surprised st these kind od hobby events that most things don't get stolen. Seems like it'd be easy.
>>
>>6378542
That wasn't me, so ouch. I guess everyone gets burned at these things.

Usually the A-Kon swap meet is held in a room where there's a lot of room to walk around and spread out, so everyone goes against the walls so you can't have people stealing from behind. This year it was in a room that was all chairs, so it wasn't even possible to move the chairs out of the way to do that.

I was mostly distracted by this guy who was obviously trying to walk off with an expensive art book of mine. I didn't keep an eye on everything else like I should have.
>>
>>6375078
Ime taobao dresses often look intricate and pretty and then when they arrive they just look and feel cheap; thin, un-drapey material, big clunky lace, et cetera. About the only thing that is correct to expectations is that they do have in-scale prints, but overall disappointing.
>>
>>6377357
leave Cirno and her shoes alone
>>
>>6378627
It really depends on the seller and if he is actually the maker of the dress, and not someone who stole the pictures and offers a self-made copy.
Same with wigs. Lots of them steal photos from Crobi and the like and then you receive a wig that is not even close to the picture.
>>
Question. How much of a discount should I offer for damaged eyes? I make and sell eyes. They're nothing special and I only sell to my local comm, again, because they're nothing special. I usually sell them at $10 a pair but two pairs got badly scratched when I accidentally knocked my box of eyes down. Is $2.50 fair?
>>
Does anyone here plan to go/has gone to Resin Rose? I didn't hear much drama out of it last year and it's actually being held only ten minutes from my house this year, but $30 for a day is a lot for what seems a mediocre amount if vendors. Is it worth it? Is there anything I should avoid? I just know I'm not gonna make it to PNW Expo cus of the ticket price raise and need to fulfill my doll con craving.
>>
>>6379158
Wasn't Resin Rose the one that went on a recast witchhunt last year and insisted that someone's minifee was recast?
>>
>>6379372
I thought that was the year before? I just know they keep changing locations. First it was at the racetrack (??) then at a hotel near the track/airport, and now it's in a suburb of Portland in a hotel that's kind of just ok but at least has a really nice mall and good restaurants right across the street.

I was hoping to make some sort of mini-meet up after con to be honest cus the community here is very, well, Portland and I'd like to meet people a little more easygoing.
>>
File: Stealing from the goodie box.png (30KB, 636x267px) Image search: [Google]
Stealing from the goodie box.png
30KB, 636x267px
>>6377326
It really wasn't as bad as I thought. It looks like a female JID head on a DC body. I never got far enough to see the mpreg photo stories.

>>6377996
>>6378542
>>6378622
I had something go missing last year from a swap meet. Was a wig, but not a big deal. I know last year there was an issue with someone taking from the box. I have this cap from last year.

>>6378945
Without seeing what kind of eyes they are, it's hard to tell. Are they acrylic or urethane? Would they be able to be glazed and repaired?

>>6379400
Yeah, that was year before last.
>>
I know it's a touchy subject but what do you guys think is the best way to name skin tones? Calling it "Normal" is pretty skeevy, and so is shit like 'Chocolate' or Caramel'. I'm leaning toward just "Light Skin" "Tan Skin" and "Dark Skin", but is that a little offensive too? Seems like a touchy topic
>>
>>6380134
just use the hex code
>>
>>6380134
If food is unpleasant you can still use other nature things (like beige shade = sand), but I think that sounds silly too.

It think going with Light/Tan/Dark is okay, just doesn't give you lots of flexibility when stuff gets darker.
Like, is it very dark/super dark then?
Same with light, how would you name a paper white?

>>6380142
Or Pantone names.
>>
File: Skintone.png (4KB, 488x88px) Image search: [Google]
Skintone.png
4KB, 488x88px
>>6380174
You're right on the flexibility issue. Here's what I'm working with. Certainly 'dark' isn't as dark as what could be an 'ebony' or a true black. I could be fine with "white skin" meaning literally paper white, but "black skin" probably not as much. I have a hard time selecting hex values based on resin colors because the thickness and lighting varies so much, I think I'd rather use a sample like this. I like the idea of pantone names too but, same issue, choosing a shade. I guess I could just ride on the fact that I'll never sell enough to need to diversify past 3 skin tones lol
>>
>>6380201
I probably would go then by literal color names?
Like "beige", "light brown", "dark brown".

Unfortunately some of them are still food based (like vanilla), but I think if you avoid the ones with icky racial fetishization issues that should be fine.
Like 'chocolate' is meh, but 'peach' for example I think would be okay.
>>
>>6380201
>sand
>dirt
>mud

Like, I get you, but tumblr makes too much of a huge deal over this shit.
>>
>>6380134
Who the fuck cares? The only people you're offending are snowflakes who get offended when you don't use their made-up cry for attention pronouns.
>>
>>6380201
Token minority chiming in to say don't overthink it. Just don't call your darkest tone "urban brown" and you're good.
>>
>>6380174
I agree with pantones. Calling white skin as normal is kinda..... Eegghh....
>>
>>6381111
What a post to get quads.
>>
>>6380134
I don't see how food names is offensive as long as all the tones are similarly named and maybe a touch more creative (buttermilk, hazelnut, gingerbread all are descriptive and pleasantly cozy). If I had my own doll line I'd probably go that route or maybe more like some makeup companies. I work with Jane Iredale makeup as part of my job and their foundation names are non-standard (not a lot of porcelain and beige) but still describe fairly well what shade and undertone to expect.
>>
>>6381251
If the best way to describes someone skin as food then youre doing it wrong
>>
>>6380134
The issue with naming after food is through the fetishising of specifically darker skin tones - and thus the people attached - as being something for the viewer to devour. It was common in literature when people with darker skins weren't given the same rights as lighter skins.

As long as you balance it out with white variations eg. milk, ginger, cream, eggshell, tea, peach, vanilla; then there isn't that much of an issue.
Just get creative with names.

For example, you could use spice names rather than going all over the place with different food groups.
>>
>>6380659
>snowflakes
Nope. Trivializing the issue isn't the right thing to do. As I hope you understand, "shit", "coagulated blood", "cyrrotic" and "guano" are not good skin tone names, but hey, don't feel offended. I'm not saying that food names are inadequate, but calling everyone snowflake is an issue.
>>
>>6380659
Except that the whole "using food to describe people with darker skintones" has been an icky subject for quite a long time though. What >>6381417 pretty much said.

And it's really easy not to use them, and thus avoid drama by default, so why not?
There are lots of ways to describe colors with things you know that don't have to be food AND are still seen as pleasant.
Just make it consistent, like don't use something flowery and cute for a lighter skintone and then use "tree bark" for brown.
>>
>>6380134
I find it weird that a skin color is a touchy subject. I am brown skinned but I was never offended when lighter skin tone is called "normal". I just considered that skin color as something normally made by bjd companies. It can only really come off as offensive if you see it as one... but using food to describe skin color seems to be the norm nowadays so whatever you decide anon.
>>
>>6381701
>I am brown skinned but I was never offended when lighter skin tone is called "normal". I just considered that skin color as something normally made by bjd companies
you poor victim of the white patriarchy, obviously SJWs know better what you should and should not find offensive.
>>
>>6381721
>>6381701

Everyone's different, what offends one person is perfectly fine for another. I asked the question, I'm white, i'm not comfortable with calling what is similar to my skintone as 'normal'. Even my white isn't 'normal' as there's different kinds of 'white'- yellow based, pink based, etc. The 'normal' skin tone I chose is actually more of a beige than me, I am very pink (especially now that I've been in the sun this summer!)
>>6381417
This is a great way to explain how I feel about naming the darker tones especially. I don't mean to tip-toe around names, but food names don't sit right with me. I'm probably going to go with "Beige skin" "Light Tan(or brown) skin" and "Dark tan (or brown) skin". Def not calling it 'Coco Souffle" tho. Also it's funny because as someone selling a product I'd rather not offend anyone than take a "fuck the SJWs" approach because I'd rather be neutral than not make enough sales?
>>
>>6381745

Basically what you said. It's not hard to just use actual color names for skin tone and I know when a company goes out of its way to be specifically 'anti-pc' they don't get my money.
>>
File: god.png (706KB, 908x592px) Image search: [Google]
god.png
706KB, 908x592px
Guess she's too good to listen to the words of her elders.
>>
>>6383512
There are like actual products designed for making tears on dolls/figurines/miniatures. Why does she make her own life more difficult like this?
>>
>>6383512
I wonder if we'll ever see that doll again.
>>
File: original_malllicudine_5.jpg (348KB, 1000x996px) Image search: [Google]
original_malllicudine_5.jpg
348KB, 1000x996px
>Finally save up for a doll
>It's just in time for a limited event
>None of the limited fullsets are what I want, so I'd be getting a basic set after all that hype
>And it turns out my favorite artist is having an exhibition this weekend
I'm sure I know what answer I'll get, but should I spend the ~500 bucks on a doll or an original art piece? My current hope is that all her originals that I like sell out before they hit the online store.
>>
Why do people keep buying children bjds. They still dont even know if theyre gonna invest the time into owning it. Let these kids go out.
>>
>>6383716
Only you can decide for yourself. Remember to save also for the emergencies.

What if you buy the more difficult to acquire now and the other thing later? Don't let the hype consume you.
>>
>>6384187
They buy them in hopes of growing their own hobby friend.
Oh, and of course you can use that doll for yourself when the kid suddenly decides it doesn't "want" the doll anymore.

It's just the usual "parents pushing their hobby onto their kids" bullshit.
>>
I always thought people who bellyached about the horse part of centaur bodies looking too small were kind of making too big a deal out of it, but...holy jesus lmfao.
>>
>>6386699
Oh god that looks horrible
>>
>>6386699
geniune best kek of the day
>>
>>6381745
most BJD companies are Asian though.
It's asian patriarchy, not "white" one.
>>
>>6386963
nuh-uh, only whites can be racist
>>
File: babu-at-the-torii-prints.jpg (128KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
babu-at-the-torii-prints.jpg
128KB, 550x550px
>>6384375
Right now, I'm still in the 'hoping everything I like is too expensive or already sold' phase to make my decision easier. I only have prints right now, so I'd love to start an original art collection. Doesn't help that it would be my first doll and I'd love to start a doll collection too.
>>
>>6386963
>>6387027
no one said it was a white patriarchy. I'm not blaming white people.it just happens that in this cause I myself am white.
Asians can be very racist though. I lived in South Korea for quite some time, and I dealt with it every day.
>>
>>6386963
>patriarchy
....don't think that applies no matter how you look at it
>>
Friendly reminder that just because you customized something and its "one of a kind" doesnt increase the value....

Unless you are an established artist or the specific modification you have done to said item is high on demand, youre just making something worth less than it did. Especially if it looks like shit.....

If something was originally 5 dollars and your ass decides to paint it or make some changes to it you best believe that shit is gonna be worth a dollar if youre lucky..... Not 55......... You just look like an idiot....
>>
>>6387190
wont someone think of the white people
>>
>>6386699
"Here's my $800+ doll!

I painted it with a ripped up piece of sponge, like a kindergardener."
>>
There's a doll I want with a very cute but plain faceup that would look kinda out of place with my other dolls. She's machine painted, so the faceup isn't supposed to come off easily--if I painted a little bit extra on top of her existing faceup and then sealed it would it work? Or would I damage the existing faceup?
>>
>>6387187
yeah id say go with which would be harder to get again. which if the doll isnt limited id say get the original artwork. theres not going to be more then that one for an original art work.
>>
What's your favorite adhesive for applying eyelashes?
>>
>>6390180
Yeah, I've done that with Pullips before. Man that felt good to get off my chest. I DON'T DRAW MY OWN EYEBROWS OR EYELASHES, WORLD! I LET GROOVE DO THAT FOR ME!
>>
>>6390799
Made me laugh, anon, thanks.
>>
>>6390662

I just use mod podge to glue in eyelashes. It dries clear and it's water solubl . I just use a tooth pick to apply a tiny amount and then let it dry over night. Simple but effective
>>
>>6383716

I've never understood those resin painting pieces. They look great now but as soon as the resin starts to yellow they'll look like shit just like all those dried flowers and butterflies cast in resin you see that end up at goodwill. Seems like a bad medium choice to do OOAK art in.
>>
>>6389839
Do you always type with so many unnecessary periods?
>>
>>6391024
Im sorry can you not read properly without them? I forget that people cant understand a damn thing without correct grammar, who woulda thought.
>>
>>6391142
Universe forbid you add an extra period and the whole message throws you off like wow
>>
>>6391144
Da struggle
>>
>>6391024
Dang. For you to cherry pick the fact that anon just has a lot of periods goes to show you might be one of those people. Sorry nobody wants to buy your overpriced garbage.
>>
>>6391142
>>6391144
>>6391146
Holy shit I did not think nitpicking a pet peeve of mine would invoke so much rage.
You guys really need to do something with your lives

Also, for the
>lawl you're probably one of those sellers!!
anon, I'm not even into the hobby. I lurk because I think the dolls are pretty.
>>
>>6381251
I think this would work better if for lack of a better term you made very dolly dolls, upping the fairytale cuteness factor rather than the semi-realistic human fashion factor of standard bjd.

>>6381417
What this person said
>>
>>6391172
*Asks an anon to do something with their lives*

*Spends life telling others to get a life*
>>
>>6391172
Who said I was mad
>>
File: ery.png (554KB, 580x588px) Image search: [Google]
ery.png
554KB, 580x588px
A few months back I said I wished I liked Culur because one of her dolls was cute.

I'd like to retract my previous statement.
>>
>>6392915
She popped up on my explore page on IG and I saw that she was bad-mouthing and blaming her caster for the unfinished product and delays.
>>
>>6392975
She wouldn't even mention who the caster is :/
>>
>>6392975
That's what happens when you try to go to an inexperienced caster who doesn't work with BJDs. Every. Time.
>>
File: IMG_6461.png (413KB, 370x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6461.png
413KB, 370x380px
>>6392915
>>
>>6392915
I don't like Culur but think her doll is cute. I just really don't care for her faceups.
I don't like Kayke but think Kiwi is cute. I don't like her faceups or other dolls, but I love the clothes she puts on them.

>>6393021
This kind of seemed pretty sketchy to me too. It makes me wonder if maybe she let some art student experiment on making casts for her to save on money. She seems to be handling a /little/ better than Kayke did with Coffee though.

Speaking of, I haven't seen many updates at all in general from HaruCasting-- I wonder if they stepped back from focusing on their casting service to work on designing their own dolls to sell since Adori seemed to do pretty well.
>>
>>6393461
This is actually a cute doll, it's not like the cum crying one.
>>
>>6393708
>Harucasting

I hope not, I'm working on a doll and I only want to go thru Haru because he/they seem so damned nice and have good quality
>>
>>6393780
I don't know. I speculate a lot and hope it's not true, but they're certainly not as present as they used to be on tumblr.
>>
>>6393708

I know someone who just got 2 dolls back from Haru, and I just emailed them and got a price quote for my own yesterday and they said no problem. I think they may post a little more on Flickr than Tumblr?
>>
>>6393788
I guess that's entirely possible, since I don't really use flickr. I haven't been on top of normal internet fuckery lately because of real life shit.
>>
File: 35414071401_1f46b28b1e_z.jpg (70KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
35414071401_1f46b28b1e_z.jpg
70KB, 640x427px
>>6393791

They just posted this yesterday but I have no idea what doll it is.

Sounds like they had a death in the family this month, though, and it caused a little delay.
>>
one of the glitter gore kids is selling her supia rosy for a great price. It's got this horrific PintSizePalace faceup but i do my own anyway so any faceup would be wiped, even a not bruise-purple glitter disaster one.

thing is though, she says it's been through 3 previous owners. And ive heard shit about these """fairy kai""" groupies being pro-recast. She's selling it on a zero tolerance group, but I'm still suspicious because of the potato quality pics and the $240 below list price tag. too good to be true, right?
>>
File: someone rescue this rosy tho.jpg (35KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
someone rescue this rosy tho.jpg
35KB, 450x600px
>>
>>6394337
Poor doll looks like its been strangled
>>
>>6394333
Stalk them, see if they have any other dolls. People with large dolls, or dolls from expensive brands, that are wearing extremely cheap clothes, shoes and wigs are red flags for recasts.
>>
>>6393788
They're active, just not on tumblr. The world doesn't revolve around that cancer site (and I'm not even talking about the userbase here- the site itself is a mess).

>>6394333
Don't risk it. If it's too good to be true, it is. If it's not a recast, then that price is a good old fashioned "I done fucked this doll UP" price.
>>
Does anyone know a good bed for a MSD?
>>
If you hear an artist is having their doll cast through Fantasy doll, does that make you think it is a lower quality product than say, harucasting? Does it make you apprehensive to buy (if you wanted it that it)?
Fantasy doll is an older more estimated company and they are willing to make small refinements to the posing for an artist. They are also cheaper per piece but require bigger orders.
>>
>>6394855
I know some artists who cast through them, and the casts were of good quality (and some are those artsy frenchie types).
FDoll had good resin quality, the sculpting was just meh, so it's good they went down this route now. I also like the colors they offer.
>>
>>6394383
>If it's not a recast, then that price is a good old fashioned "I done fucked this doll UP" price.

That's what I was thinking. I wonder if maybe they didn't seal the face-up properly and it's stained underneath, and she knows (or suspects) it?
>>
>>6394333
If it's the Supia rosy she just got then it's on the shitty single jointed body and is probably very yellow. The old Supia dolls yellowed very easily and prominently and they couldn't pose for shit so is say they're worth about $200 to $300 max. And if it's had a lot of other owners is say it's a pretty realistic price for a legit one.
>>
>>6394855
I honestly do not care who you went to as long as it looks good. A good casting company can fuck up and a bad casting company can get better. I don't care about the history, just the end result. I hope that made sense.
>>
>>6350825

still a racist?
>>
File: tumblr_loaknsNqyd1qjrg7m.gif (492KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_loaknsNqyd1qjrg7m.gif
492KB, 500x260px
>>6395521
Anon you can't just leave a comment like that and not clue us in to the drama
>>
>>6395995
just that same salty sjw who flipped a shit over the casual use of nigga and can't let it drop, because apparently anyone who uses the word 'nigga' is a racist if they aren't black, despite it being commonly used amongst hispanics as well and bfb is puerto rican.
>>
>>6396681
sticks and stones will break my bones and words said to other people are the worst thing to have ever happened to me im literally shaking
>>
>>6394529
I don't have a bed, but I got one of those circle, fold out chairs from the knock off American Girl dolls section in Walmart and the size is perfect for MSDs.
>>
>>6397061
Yeah I was looking at their stuff today, thinking about getting the office set.
>>
>>6396681
I mean, I have no idea what's going on or who you are, but if you are the person being called racist, you can't exactly be considered a reliable source of rebuttal.

But to keep on topic, are there many faceup artists in Australia? All the artists I can think of are either european, american or in the lower asian countries.
>>
>>6394855
Nah casting through Fdoll is fine (Bobobie/RS too for that matter, though i haven't seen an artist cast through them for ages so maybe they don't offer it anymore). Nothing wrong with the casting quality of these companies, just their own sculpting abilities.
>>
>>6397393
think Rugged Realism is aussie
>>
>>6384187
I mean, I have two friends that bought their kids (cheaper) bjds, but it was more of a "you keep begging to play with mine so here's one you can grunge up instead" situation. One's kid has outgrown it and simply sees it as her mom's weird hobby, the other is still very into them as a teenager but has her own taste nearly opposite her mom's. Its the same as a sports fan taking their kids to games or a comic fan getting their kid a Batman costume, not getting where the fuss is to be honest as long as the kid is happy.
>>
>>6397608
That it? Kinda disappointing.
>>
File: cum tears.png (600KB, 493x673px) Image search: [Google]
cum tears.png
600KB, 493x673px
Looks like the pintsizedpalace jizz mod was a bodge
>>
>>6402409
All her dolls look terrible, this is just sad to look at.
>>
>>6402409
At least it isn't this tragedy.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/2d82dcc0faa27a194ead313b5034aae0/tumblr_obrm35WLw71vadcw6o3_1280.jpg
>>
NEW THREAD
>>6402930
>>6402930
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.