[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LEGO BOOTLEGS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

what are some of the best quality lego bootlegs?
>>
>>6328537
Enlighten
>>
>>6328537
sets made by Lepin are pretty great
>>
>>6328537
Jim
>>
>>6328537
Kreo has some neat pieces.
>>
>>6328537
On average, how likely are bootlegos toxic or lead paint based?
>>
For figures Sheng Yuan and Decool were very popular but they seem to have dialed down or disappeared.
It's kind of confusing which brands are ok and which are bad since some improve. I got some Hydra Goons and am unable to pinpoint which brand did them. As far as I see it was pogo but a pogo brand figure I ordered just months later of Queen Amidala was of Decool / SY quality and they started making Dewbacks/Rancors which also look identical in plastic consistency to SY and Decool.

Lepin is interesting for copying entire sets outright. As far as I remember the figures are worse but on some pictures look identical, I don't know if these differences are from their production or if they mixed the original Lego figures with their own produced bricks. Quality of the bricks seems ok but I saw some star destroyers with warped plates curving and bending so it is inconsistent or again a problem of the brand improving in later production runs.

Enlighten are the ones longest on the market and thus seem ok but they never did licensed stuff, at worst direct copies of 90s Lego sets.

I have a Kreo Megatron first wave and it legitimately feels like a chinese bootleg with loose or too tight pieces.

>>6330131
I heard someone here claim he tested like 3 brands and they all tested not toxic. The plastic definitely feels identical to Lego on every figure I bought except the aforementioned Hydra Goons who feel rough like sandpaper. I feel like I should throw them in the trash to be honest. But lead paint is toxic through touching or inhaling it. and then it is also much less toxic for adults then children/babys so if theoratically you put a bunch of lead paint figures in a shelf and just touch them that time and leave them there for years this will most likely do nothing to you.
>>
>>6330156
Is sandpaper more indicative of lead paint?
>>
>>6330287
It is indicative of shit quality for shure since the parts on a whole don't really fit (legs aren't straight down but angle inwards a tiny bit, such things). You would need to do your own tests if you want to know, I just know that I dislike the rough feeling of plastic which triggers my autism and makes me doubt the healthiness of having this around and wonder how something can feel so rough when it's an injection mould.
>>
>>6330156
does the paint wear off on those figures? also what does it look like on top of their head?
>>
We got an entire thread for this shit

>>6290143
>>
>>6330156
>As far as I remember the figures are worse but on some pictures look identical, I don't know if these differences are from their production or if they mixed the original Lego figures with their own produced bricks.
A lot of the product shots of Chinese brands use Lego Digital Designer, so what you're seeing is a CGI rendering using official Lego elements, not an actual photo of the Chinese product.
>>
>>6338499
Yes, but what I mean are Lepin sets and how their figures look varies. I base this on pictures from people who own them and sellers that built the sets for their product shots.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.