[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General: Rise of the Female Revoltechs Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 78

File: ladies.jpg (262KB, 1452x844px) Image search: [Google]
ladies.jpg
262KB, 1452x844px
What do you think are highly probable unannounced candidates for the following sublines that are still ongoing? Not hopes and dreams but reasonable choices.

Amazing Yamaguchi
MOVIE REVO
Yakeya-shiki Jizai Okimono
MunHun Revo
Sentinel's Vulcanlog

>MARCH
Ted(Ted 2)

>APRIL
Venom

>MAY
Deadpool

>JUNE
Spider-Gwen
Spider-Man

>JULY
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fudo Myo Oh
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Kirin U Equipment (Female Swordsman)

>AUGUST
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Gundari Myo Oh
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)

>TBA
Wolverine
Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Dino Getter 1
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (6 variants)

Last thread >>6231723
>>
>>6248740
Helpful Tips

---PVC(the non-joint bits of a Revo) can be reshaped by heat, by hair dryer or hot water.
Too loose, heat with joints out.
Too tight, heat with joints in.
---Cold water can hold the heated PVC in the shape you want it to be, say straightening a bent piece.
---Warning, the harder and thinner the PVC, higher chance the heat can warp it out of control. Like a sword piece.
---Loose sockets for joint pegs can also be fixed if above method was not enough by sandwiching something between them. Tissue, layer of glue, nail-polish, etc.
>>
>>6248740
Holy shit don't type while watching TV.

>Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono
>MonHun Revo
>>
File: XFVwL98.jpg (141KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
XFVwL98.jpg
141KB, 1920x1080px
I'm mad fuckin hyped for Gwen. Really hope he continues to do more females.
>>
File: C7guaWlVwAAJGix.jpg (109KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C7guaWlVwAAJGix.jpg
109KB, 1200x675px
The magnet stand for Gwen will be ball jointed.
>>
>>6248773
Brilliant. This is the kind of thing I wish someone just straight up made, there're plenty of figures with a hole that'd fit that peg.
>>
>>6248764
I'd really love a black widow or elektra.
>>
>>6248759
takeya jizai okimono should be doing grasshoppers, crabs and beetles if they're already out of temple ornaments. They've done a dragon based off the old emperor's articulated dragon toy, a kirin off drawings... so really they still need to do a kitsune shrine styled fox or a fu dog/guardian lion statue.

I really would buy more of those, since I've pretty much bought nearly all of the Takeya Buddhist stuff.
>>
>>6249273
Yeah I need some fu dogs like last year.
>>
>>6249273
Talking about Komainu? Yeah that would be great everyone must buy two lol.

For a fox they might as well go full mythical creature and do Nine Tail, Kyuubi no Kitsune, will look super impressive.
>>
>>6248740
Luna? Is that you?
>>
Have the Queen's blade figures been bootlegged? Ymir specifically?
>>
File: THANKS.gif (3MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
THANKS.gif
3MB, 360x240px
How are older Revoltech figures?

I'm thinking of getting Alucard and Wolfwood, but something about them looks a little off to me.
>>
>>6249850

I don't think they've been.
>>
File: FIGURE-029019_11.jpg (49KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-029019_11.jpg
49KB, 800x800px
Right, forgot about this.

https://hlj.com/product/KYD13106

I thought it was under Senmu's Room brand but I guess Disney(?) means Movie Revo.

I don't think it has a single revo joint.

Has light-up gimmick though, that's something.
>>
>>6249863
Revo joints are universal so movement's not better or worse in that regard. It all depends on how much you like the sculpt or can tolerate the gaps in articulation.

In short, if you don't like the look don't buy it.
>>
How are the trigun revoltech figures? Anyone familiar with them?
>>
>>6250052
They're good, just fidgety, and the knees use the wobbly double joints, so balancing them can be tricky. Vash is better than Wolfwood.
>>
File: image.jpg (467KB, 1234x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
467KB, 1234x1280px
Spooderman is pretty good. But deadpool still remains my favorite.
>>
>>6249995
YES OH LORD YES! I was hoping that nautilus in front of Judy and Nick at WF meant an actaul revoltech line Nautilus was coming out. But no one seemed to give any info thjat wasnt vague and off handed comments.

>I don't think it has a single revo joint.

I say the same thing about all the other revoltech vehicles. I personally feel they need their own line name if they dont use the joints.

My wallet can not survive this summer. It just can't too many things I want this year.
>>
File: IMG_4283.jpg (267KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4283.jpg
267KB, 960x960px
I've been meaning to get a Danboard for years, but haven't gotten around to it.

Which scales better with Yotsuba?
>>
>>6248740

>Amazing Yamaguchi
Invincible Iron Man
>MOVIE REVO
War Machine III or Black Panther (Non Iron Man MCU guys with no open face)
>Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono
Samurai(Sanada? because it was talked about along with the Knight, when Sanada was popular...)
>MonHun Revo
Astarlos armor
>Sentinel's Vulcanlog
Getter 1 from Devolution

Are my guesses, just going with the established pattern. MH I don't have a clue. I'm sure there will be more MCU revos but I think they done enough red and gold armors so I went for those two.

If they did Iron Legion from AOU that would be incredible but I think the moment has passed.
>>
>>6250098
They have Senmu's Room which was practically a vehicle line, but wasn't all from movies. It was Senmu's personal choice crap, no regards to what could sell.

I think because it is Disney IP it automatically became Movie Revo. Older vehicles had some revo joints, or the straight joint which is just a 3mm stick lol. Not sure about the 66 Batmobile. I guess if Senmu didn't produce it it doesn't get his name, well nickname on it.

>>6250104
First one, not mini, that has the human head.
>>
>>6250128
>First one, not mini, that has the human head.

Got it, thank you.
>>
>>6250063
anon who was on the fence about Spider-Man but pre-ordered Venom on day one here... Just pulled the trigger, now it's just a waiting game until they both arrive.
>>
>>6249447
>>6249773
yup komainu, they technically won't have to make two, if they want to include swappable faces since it's really only the mouths that differ. Unless they want to do komainu variants with the horn. Nine tailed fox would be another big Jizai Okimono release, my wallet is not ready for that.
>>
Thinking about dropping Venom and picking him up later. Will he increase in price?
>>
>>6250445
I thought it was just mouth open/mouth closed?
>>
>>6250128
but doesn't Senmu's Room also include other Kaiyodo stuff? Or am do they just happen to have made things like the various animals and Megasofubi Nautilus then Senmu comes along and makes a 'revoltech' version of that product?
>>
>>6250445
I was thinking the one can take either pose, since it is a poseable action figure. But everyone will buy two so they can have them posed on both sides. They automatically double their sales!
>>
>>6250483
Senmu's Room is it's own thing. The overlap with other brands is just them trying to sell the same IP in different ways, and Kaiyodo being Senmu's company naturally there are preferences to their releases.

I do think a few items meant to be Senmu's Room went to become Sofubi Toy Box because it's cheaper.
>>
I hope we get a takeya Wukong at some point.
>>
File: Spider-Gwen-Revoltech-10.jpg (80KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Gwen-Revoltech-10.jpg
80KB, 1200x1200px
why is the head so small
>>
>>6250981
yeah they fucked up hard on that. Looks terrible and i can't understand why they dont see it.
>>
>>6250981
Cause it's not a head, it's a faceplate that had to fit the face and hair into a small space. And it was sculpted by someone else.

Looks quite awful and I wish they'd simply included an alternate head entirely
>>
>>6250981
It's not, Marvel Legends just has such gigantic bobbleheads that you are used to it at this point.
>>
>>6250986
>It's not, Marvel Legends just has such gigantic bobbleheads that you are used to it at this point.
Rather have small stylized anime heads than the giant heads most ML are getting which are also generally way too high up on the neck peg as well. It's easier to pose away what Yamaguchi did here because most people weren't even mentioning this shit when it was first shown off and she wasn't in a neutral standing pose with this head.
>>
>>6250981
Wow, they got to the very end and completely fucked it up. I can't buy it...
>>
>>6250986
The head should be about 20% bigger. You can tell by measuring it against her torso. Her torso is 3.5 heads long, which is way too tall for a woman. Even 3 heads is really pushing it outside of an amazoness stature.
>>
>>6251005
It's a style choice. If you don't like it don't use the god damn face. You get three other masked faces to use. No one was complaining about this when it was shown off in a dynamic pose.

I'm not going to admit the head looks ridiculous because it's a subjective stylistic choice. Kirin female has the same damn head. Believe it or not but not everything has to mimic "natural proportions" and not everything released has to mimic the comic art either for those of you who have been bitching non-stop she is too "anime".

>>6251002
See my reply above.
>>
File: liefeld captain america.gif (39KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
liefeld captain america.gif
39KB, 125x125px
>>6251007
>something can't look ridiculous because that's the style
sup liefeld?
>>
That Monster Hunter figure got me to enter this thread
>>
>>6250893
I've been waiting for a Takeya revo of Terada's Monkey King/Wukong for years. I've even went up to Terada a few times and told him it'd be one of the best figures ever made if it does happen (Terada and Takeya are friends).
>>
>>6250981
That other sculptor doesn't know how a face is placed on a head. Yamaguchi's version might have been better.

Reminds me of Toriyama's DB faces, but those work somehow.
>>
>>6250981
>inb4 newfags and shitposters blame yamaguchi for this head when an entirely different sculptor made this head
>>
>>6251245
>>6251247
>implying Yamaguchi didn't teach that sculptor everything he knows.
You haters just hate Yamaguchi.
>>
>>6251274
Dante redux when? You know you want Yamaguchi to take another shot after all these years.
>>
>>6250981
Different sculptor they got in because somebody who was not Yamaguchi wanted a pretty Gwen face. I bet it was the fanatic guy who took Yamaguchi to start the line. Yamaguchi wouldn't do it, so the dude grabbed another sculptor at Kaiyodo and told him to make a face for a figure whose production he was not involved in prior.

It's almost like an officialized custom, and we know how most customs turn out.

>>6250985
Would have been best to trim the visibility of the bangs. If the bangs were not so prominent, he would have had a little more room to increase face size.
>>
>>6251007
Except Kirin female's head isn't the same in proportion to her body. They got it right on the Kirin but not on Gwen
>>
Alright fuckers, one of my first figures years ago was revoltech alphonse. I loved if so much that i picked up the red rathalos hunter.
I fucking hated it and i still do.
Can someone make me fall in love with it? Otherwise i think im finally gonna sell it. Revoltechs just dont click with me
>>
>>6251441

So what about it do you hate specifically?
>>
File: FIGURE-028369_03.jpg (131KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-028369_03.jpg
131KB, 800x800px
The problem is not really size, but positioning of the features. Human face should have the eyes at centre height, top of ears connecting to face at the same level, and so forth.

The masked face by Yamaguchi follows that rule but the other one does not. Result of miscommunication or lack of basic sculpting experience who knows. Like the eyes should be around where the eyebrows are, and the rest shifted accordingly, less hair shown and such. The volume of the hood should be included as where the top of the skull should be but the maskless face ignores it completely.
>>
>>6251443
Im just not sure what to do with it. The sculpt is great, details are great, and its a very expressive figure. The way its engineered just makes it so hard to look natural and not a mangled mess i guess? Its hard to explain. Its a pain in the ass to get into a pose without limbs popping off or having to twist joints around
>>
File: Iron_Man_Armor_Model_11.jpg (167KB, 740x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Man_Armor_Model_11.jpg
167KB, 740x1138px
Knoe what needs an Amazing Yamaguchi?
>>
>>6250981
>>6251446
Remember the promo pic of Venom Snake with that ugly bear face? What if they changed the Gwen face for the final product... I mean, Yamaguchi has not played with it.
>>
>>6248740
I don't care if the face isn't perfect, they got the kirin hunter style right and it's the monster hunter figure I've always wanted.
>>
>>6251454
Damn I forget the pic.
>>
>>6251441
Have you thought of buying one of the recommended figures? Stuff like Raiden, Toyohisa, Venom Snake, Mass Production Eva and Ultron for example?
>>
Gwen face could be better, but I honestly don't mind too much. I see it as a small bonus item that they botched, since I'll probably be using the masked plates most of the time anyway.
>>
>>6251460
Nothing besides the first revo skelly. The head sculpts usually turn me away from everything else. I might pick up deadpool if i can find him cheap
>>
>>6251450
I could see it happening... as a web exclusive.
>>
File: RathHunter2.jpg (1MB, 1223x1273px) Image search: [Google]
RathHunter2.jpg
1MB, 1223x1273px
>>6251449

Just have some fun with it.
>>
>>6250063
Why?
>>
File: RathHunter3.jpg (2MB, 1555x1493px) Image search: [Google]
RathHunter3.jpg
2MB, 1555x1493px
>>6251490
>>
>>6251509
That blade triggered a need for me.

U knoe
>>
>>6251450
Just MvC my shit up, senpai.
>>
File: RathHunter4.jpg (2MB, 1899x1427px) Image search: [Google]
RathHunter4.jpg
2MB, 1899x1427px
>>6251511

Well, it's been around for a while.
>>
File: basara.jpg (64KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
basara.jpg
64KB, 600x600px
>>6251446
>Result of miscommunication or lack of basic sculpting experience who knows.
Nah, it's just typical Yamaguchi sacrificing aesthetics for poseability like usual. The style is what it is. Animoo-ized faces aren't like comic masked heads, which Yamaguchi sculpted, so of course it won't match up.

They had to fit the head into what Yamaguchi commanded and it has to go in there no matter what.
So instead of getting an alternate head, it's just a face plate making the head look all tiny and Yamaguchi thinks its fine because that's pretty much how he does it anyway.
>>
File: RathHunter5.jpg (973KB, 1195x1101px) Image search: [Google]
RathHunter5.jpg
973KB, 1195x1101px
>>6251525

So yeah I hope this inspires someone. Even if it's just to call my pics shitty or something.
>>
>>6251446
Feature placement is actually fine, especially for a comic/manga stylisation. Issue is it sits too low in the hood and is just undersized enough to look uncanny. Looks like it was sculpted in isolation from the rest of the figure, because it probably was.
>>
>>6251529
>They had to fit the head into what Yamaguchi commanded and it has to go in there no matter what.

this meme that Yamaguchi is somehow an overlord who controls everything against everyone else's wishes at Kaiyodo is only found in 4chan
>>
>>6251588
of course, how will immature manchildren justify their hate for a toy sculptor?
>>
File: revoltech snake compare.jpg (407KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
revoltech snake compare.jpg
407KB, 1600x1067px
>>6251588
>guy who sculpts a figures
>has line named after him
>does work on other sculptor's figures
>has no control over how someone is supposed to add an alt head to his figure
Yamaguchi apologists plz go.

You guys are acting like that Gwen head isn't something he wouldn't have done himself, when he's made figures with tiny heads like that at least a dozen times over the years.
There's no reason why he would object to something that looks like he would have done it himself.
>>
>>6251465
You in the UK? I have one I don't want. Figured if you want it cheap though, the shipping to US won't be worth it.
>>
>>6251612
>projecting this much onto a toy sculptor

wow, you must have a miserable life
>>
>>6251441
I love my rathalos but if you hate yours, sell it, there's no reason to love a figure you don't love, especially if you can sell it easily.

Keep what you like.
>>
File: 26.png (513KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
26.png
513KB, 800x600px
What's the most difficult pose you've tried to accomplish without a stand?
>>
>>6251536
thanks for the pics anon
>>6251623
burgerland unfortunately. thank you though
>>
Zapp for 2kyen, should i bite?
>>
Can anyone explain me why release dates at almost all old pre-order Revo figures on amiami marked at march 2017?
>>
>>6251650
this.
>>
>>6251858
No, Klaus is 10 times better so get him first if you haven't. Zapp might be the worst Mini.

>>6251650
Ignore him, no doubt it's the same anon who posts the TMNT as his ultimate example.

People who thinks someone besides the CEO at Kaiyodo has any hint of power is delusional. Okay I exaggerate but he is so power hungry it's enough for everyone else.
>>
>>6251552
That's what I mean with placement, they are too low, the masked head to the left shows that clearly. You can see where the eyes and nose should be since the jaw is at the same level.
>>
>>6252150
Is it just the Assemble Borgs? They might be getting them restocked. Kaiyodo still has more inventory they need to get rid of it seems,
>>
>>6252492

Speaking of the AB's, when are those femborgs coming out anyway?

Also anyone happen to have those old AB pics? A lot of those looked pretty cool.
>>
>>6252527
i'm abdl, does that count?
>>
>>6252475
>It's Kaiyodo's CEO's fault that Yamaguchi's toys have any flaws at all, because Yamaguchi is a slave with no creative freedom in how his toys end up
Can you be anymore in denial?

It's a known fact that Yamaguchi is basically one of the guys in charge and why he has his fingers in so many pies. Almost nothing in the Revoltech line goes by without his approval or say.
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/山口勝久
>>
>>6252594
you know the funny part is not many people are disagreeing with you over the dislike of Gwen's unmasked head sculpt... just this unreasonable hate of Yamaguchi. We don't like every decisions of his so we don't buy every toy he's done. In fact, plenty of anons here only get the Takeya line, which Yamaguchi has never touched at all and they don't care much for the Yamaguchi lines. You don't like his stuff?? Should reconsider visiting the revo thread.

It's not a known fact that nothing in the revoltech line goes by without his approval or say. In fact, here you go, it is now a KNOWN fact that your statement is FALSE. There's already been several anons who've asked him on twitter why revomini exists, or who picks the characters and he's answered them all clearly several times. The CEO decides what new sublines exist in the revoltech brand, the superhero line is actually started together by someone else in the company who is a fan of Marvel characters, according to that revo blog who goes to conventions and asked them. Plenty of people have talked to Nightow who have stated, he approached Kaiyodo and started revoltech with the ceo and Yamaguchi, and Yutaka Minowa who is one of the top anime storyboards and character designers, who was then working on the assemble borgs, designed the jarknoids. Guess what? Speak some Japanese, know basic decency and those nice people are very easy to talk to.

Your idea and projection that Yamaguchi is this tyrant who is responsible for your woes and life troubles is just too silly, ridiculous and pointlessly malicious.
>>
Where the fuck is Arthur?
>>
>>6250981
Looks a lot like the head from that koto bishoujo statue
>>
>>6252636
>you know the funny part is not many people are disagreeing with you over the dislike of Gwen's unmasked head sculpt... just this unreasonable hate of Yamaguchi.
This. People have complained about the tiny unmasked head so many times since official pics were revealed.

>In fact, plenty of anons here only get the Takeya line, which Yamaguchi has never touched at all and they don't care much for the Yamaguchi lines. You don't like his stuff?? Should reconsider visiting the revo thread.
More or less. It's not even about wanting safe spaces or hugboxes, it's just that it's brought up ad nauseum that you ought to wonder if these people have anything better to do with their lives. The fact these anons are privy enough keep coming back to moan about it in Revoltech threads is giving me vibes of battered wife syndrome.

>Your idea and projection that Yamaguchi is this tyrant who is responsible for your woes and life troubles is just too silly, ridiculous and pointlessly malicious.
Fucking BTFO
>>
>>6252594
I'll reply just because I don't want some new anons getting the wrong ideas.

Like I say, I exaggerate. And how you think that means Yamaguchi is some kind of mindless drone is beyond me.

Assuming you know any word of Japanese, you might have the wrong idea of what 担当 means.

He is a popular sculptor with a following, his name sells, so he is involved, but doesn't mean what ever he wants gets made, which ever project he can just joint in. He gets approval by the higher ups like any other, or just gets told what to make like the Amazing Yamaguchi line thus far, or the Vulcanlogs, handling the articulations on them and such. I don't think he made a character he wanted to make since some RevolMinis. Old Revoltech days he got more of what he wanted made but that was when figures were cheap and there were like 4 new releases every month.

CEO pretty much wanted to shut down Revoltechs all together, so the compromise was whatever Yamaguchi handle became a Mini, until they didn't sell while other toy line's 6000 yen figures kept outselling.

I'm talking selection mostly, but you are talking more on the stylization. Yeah they don't try to force their sculptor who is popular for doing one thing, to do something else. Hey I want you to make this character, but make it like it wasn't made by you because the 1% doesn't like your style. They don't do that because someone else could just make that character instead. People like his articulation so both Kaiyodo and UC makes him place joints in other sculpts.

You also make it sound like there is no oversight, supervision to what he sculpts, that if he says this sculpt is perfect then no one can stop him. Wrong, there is a thing called license holders. they look at what's being made and make changes or even deny release if they have to. They need to make sure the figure is the right representation. What we see are all approved by them, and they don't bow down to Yamaguchi or even to Miyawaki.
>>
>>6252680
and sorry for the long long statement.
>>
>>6252638
You have google use it. You are certainly the KING of lazy people who want to be fed by spoon.
>>
File: revoltech priest.jpg (17KB, 425x356px) Image search: [Google]
revoltech priest.jpg
17KB, 425x356px
>>6252636
>wikipedias are not as accurate as professional encyclopedias despite all evidence to the contrary
>that wikipedia was editted by you to sully Yamaguchi's good name
>i offer no evidence to the contrary thus I'm right and you're wrong
Yeah, ok.

>The CEO decides what new sublines exist in the revoltech brand
Wow, the only thing you said that isn't from inside your ass, but thats not what is being talked about, huh?
To refresh your memory on the point of contention: Yamaguchi supervises almost every single Revoltech that is made and gives his input on them. Aka, he had to approve the tiny head on Gwen and told the guy who did sculpted it how to do it. Sure, these last bits are unprovable, but it lines up with his own sculpts.... you know, like how animators all imitate the official model sheets so nothing looks out of place? Aka, it matches Yamaguchi's style. It's almost like they did it on purpose.

This has nothing to do with deciding which licenses are bought and deciding which lines are produced/cancelled based on sales/surveys which you say the CEO does.
>>
>>6252688
>Yamaguchi supervises almost every single Revoltech that is made and gives his input on them. Aka, he had to approve the tiny head on Gwen and told the guy who did sculpted it how to do it. Sure, these last bits are unprovable, but it lines up with his own sculpts

Other anon, but I will point out, that's what you got it all wrong.

Being the sculptor, being the 担当者, hell even having his damn name on the brand, doesn't mean he supervises, makes any kind of approval, decision and what not. All it means is, "he did this" and nothing specif besides sculpting. The rest is not the job of a sculptor. That's for Kaiyodo employee, managers, sales, all of those folks.

You get the wrong idea because of what they show on the box, the sculptor, and anything else it just says Kaiyodo. It's not like a movie credits naming everyone. It's equivalent to having the writer name then just the film company.

Many unnamed people are involved in different aspects, including what you think Yamaguchi does.

The different face resembling his style could just be the new guy trying to make the head not look out of place, you know because he is a nice person? Not Yamaguchi being some dick. The fact you assume that so strongly could be a sign of some mental issue.

Kaiyodo is more likely to have the sculptor bring in their own projects, then they have to act as their own project manager to a degree. But those still need approvals by others, and Amazing Yamaguchi line is not like that at all, the comic book fan Kaiyodo employee does that and Yamaguchi just sculpts from the references given by him.
>>
File: 20170325002946.jpg (545KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170325002946.jpg
545KB, 1024x768px
http://revoltechrox.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/03/25/013456

Shoulders are the only joints resembling a revolver joint, but no clicks.
>>
Just bought the Alien Big Chap and Aliens Warrior
What am I in for?
>>
File: 8350228150_3253b9471b_b.jpg (189KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
8350228150_3253b9471b_b.jpg
189KB, 1024x682px
Why is this figure so comfy?
>Easy to move into cool poses.
>Stands on its own easily even while posing.
>Cool accessories.
>Hand and weapons fit together without struggle.
>Several hands perfect for cool poses.
>Flexible and able to pull off cool samurai poses.
>Almost everything is articulated.
>>
File: Wolfwood.jpg (64KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfwood.jpg
64KB, 500x749px
>>6252688
Don't want to interrupt your pissing contest but
>claims "tiny head" sculpts from Yamaguchi
>while using Wolfwood as an example of all characters to choose from
The least you can do is actually research before shitting on a figure simply because it has "Yamaguchi" stamped on it.
>>
>>6253007
Hmm, I had the opposite experience. It looks really fucking cool, but I feel like I'm always wrestling with the floating belt and jointed skirt armor, and the toes are a little loose on mine so it never quite feels like it has stable footing.
>>
File: revoltechs.jpg (247KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
revoltechs.jpg
247KB, 1024x768px
>>6253015
that's actually a comparison for the positioning of the head.
too high, too low, he never really gets it right (unless they're wearing helmets usuaully), making it look like they're turtling way out or falling off.
Just like that Gwen face looking like it's sitting way high above the shoulders.

It's a classic Yamaguchi trademark
>>
File: IMG_20161111_091617.jpg (1012KB, 1146x1850px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161111_091617.jpg
1012KB, 1146x1850px
>>6253007
I wish yamaguchi did 2.0s because toyohisa with the new hips would be godlike and he would get a size bump which could make the head not such a mess. I love toyohisa but he has some fucked up hips.
>>
>>6253054
I'd take a Kerberos Gear/Jin Roh 2.0 over Toyohisa, to be honest.
>>
File: IMG_6292.jpg (1MB, 2410x2928px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6292.jpg
1MB, 2410x2928px
I'm late freight on Venom Snake, man what a sick figure
>>
>>6253397
He really is nice, isn't he? He's one of those figures where I can list a ton of stuff I don't like, and he's still in my overall top 10.

Also somebody posted that they did a mod on his hips to increase their range, is he still around to explain?
>>
>>6250460
>Will he increase in price?
Let me hop in my time machine and I'll check.
>>
Is there an actual date for Venom yet or still just "April"?
>>
>>6250460
nah, damaged toys usually see a price cut.
>>
>>6253007
Nice pic. I agree.
>>6253054
What's so bad about the hips aside from his lack of crotch?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVgLKOroiiQ
so ghosts n goblins arthur is still happening right?
if so since Arthur is such a small figure is there a chance that perhaps his arch rival and eternal nemesis firebrand/red arremer will get a figure too? I mean he was a important enough character to get his own spin off series and he was character in umvc3
>>
>>6253474
The new hips are just that much better and would allow for a better looking crotch build.
>>
File: IMG_6311.jpg (2MB, 2715x3803px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6311.jpg
2MB, 2715x3803px
>>6253410
I just cut the straps right down the middle back to hiss ass. Instantly frees his legs up to go in further for those neutral poses we all love to see revoltechs in
>>
>>6253524
Especially Toyohisa's hips aren't that much worse than newer stye hips.
>>6253610
Any downsides to doing this? Did he come with that gun?
>>
>>6253610
Can we see a pic of where exactly you cut?
>>
>>6251301
Hell yea!
>>
File: 512267992.831548public.jpg (678KB, 2010x2331px) Image search: [Google]
512267992.831548public.jpg
678KB, 2010x2331px
>>6253397
I love him as well but I'm afraid to play with him now as the last time I removed his hands the pegs split in half. I managed to put them back but I feel it's gonna keep happening when I'm gonna switch hands.
>>
>>6253780
His right hand? I think that's fairly common, it's definitely happened to mine. I just have to be extra careful when I swap the hands.
>>
>>6253796
That was the first one, ended up happening to the left as well though. Sucks because besides that he's great all around.
>>
>>6253780
>>6253796
>>6253801

Try blasting his arm/hand with the peg in it, with a hair dryer set on high for like 10-20 seconds.
>>
>>6253397
>when the eye on your Venom Snake scraped away
Raiden's blue eye looks good as a replacement but it still bummed me out.
Still one of my top figures from last year even with that issue.
>>
>>6253780
Shave the o-ring off the end of the joint that goes into the hand, the peg is thick enough to hold the hand on but the extra ring makes it too to pull off.
>>
>>6253610
Cutting the straps don't solve much. The problem is the thick pegs of the ball joints.

It's clear from the start. ou need to widen the edges of the socket for the ball joint to do any real change.

I feel sorry anytime someone cuts the figure like that without looking at the structure.

DON'T CUT THE STRAPS!. You are better off heating up the entire spot and squeeze the legs together to warp the ball sockets.
>>
>>6253610
To point out more how meaningless that was, you can get the legs that close (or closer) without any modification.

Feet at the same distance apart as the waist width is doable out of the box. Feet can touch using the knee joints but then the legs looks curved inwards. Straight down though, waist width.

>>6253705
You have ugly cuts that did nothing to add to the articulation by cutting them. Downside. And can never be sold if you have to do so.
>>
File: 201703271105331.jpg (117KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
201703271105331.jpg
117KB, 800x1000px
Fudo Myo Oh preorder starts someday soon.
6264 yen with tax, 5000 or so on regular sites I guess?

I like this color scheme.
>>
Pretty new to the Revoltech world and wonder if I could get some advice. Just bought an Eva-01 Awakened revoltech but i didn't arrive with any parts for the stand other than the base. I have no connectors that fit into the tiny connector hole on the back too so i cannot re-purpose any of the other stands I have. I bought an Eva-02 a while back that had all the stand elements but again, no connector that fits into the hole. Same size Eva too. Is this common and what are your suggestions?
>>
>>6255714
you talking about the eva from the rebuild with the red stripes?? From what I recall that's supposed to come with a whole stand, not just the v-shaped base. If you didn't get yours brand new then you got short-changed. That release came packaged with plastic sheets between the waist joints too if it's brand new. If it's brand new, then you got really really unlucky but send whoever you bought it from an e-mail.
>>
>>6255718
Yeah it would be second hand. But unfortunately it was proxy bought from Japan so it would be hard to get a refund. I just found another stand issue (not a revoltech) from my bulk order. I am not having good luck at all.
>>
>>6255721
man, sorry to hear. I collect SHF, SIC, revo and figmas. Kaiyodo consistently has the best QC for me.
>>
Kind of regretting my Spider-Man pre-order (which is paid for, so I'm really just waiting for him to arrive). I know I want Venom for sure and I pre-ordered Spider-Man just in case I want him and don't want to deal with possible after-market prices. I'm now wondering if I can sell it when it arrives for retail or not if I don't open it and just re-sell it straightaway.
>>
File: jigenfigure.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
jigenfigure.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
Can anyone tell me what pic related and the Lupin figures are like? They look cool in the promo pics and come with a ton of accessories which is great.
Also I was just looking at the green jacket one on AmiAmi today and now when I check back the page seems to have disappeared, weird.
>>
File: IMG_20170205_083601.jpg (1MB, 1154x2200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170205_083601.jpg
1MB, 1154x2200px
>>6255771
Why are you regretting it?
>>
File: IMG-20170328-WA0010.jpg (591KB, 1496x1090px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170328-WA0010.jpg
591KB, 1496x1090px
>>6255771
>>6255797
Yeah, why anon?
>>
>>6255850
I know, I know
>prisma
I just had to share it.
>>
I'm a little worried HLJ removed Spider-Man. It was discontinued for a while before instead of order stop, and now gone from the listings. HLJ is sloppy with their site so could be nothing.

Haven't checked again but I'm sure the PO is still alive.
>>
>>6255922
Is the PO still live on Amiami?
>>
>>6255932
Amiami is normal, so is the PO on HLJ, but it is in the Discontinued state like Deadpool was when that fiasco happened.
>>
>>6255932
It is actually
>>
>>6255797
Let's see those shoulders from a head on angle now
>>
>>6255797
>>6255850

I had stopped getting revoltechs with the Raiden and Eva Mk.13 because I decided that I've had enough revoltechs and they don't exactly lead to a more complete display. They're super fun and definitely one of my fav lines but it's just one of those where I find myself gradually picking up fun toys that I can live without.

Venom and Wolverine I definitely want because other than TMNT Leonardo, those are 2 US characters I've always been buying toys of since I was a kid and for them to be revos, I can't miss out on them. I have the cash, but I just feel like I actually could have skipped Spider-Man like Deadpool and be okay with it.

Basically I have disposable income and I had an impulse so I did it... but on a stricter review, I can live without it.
>>
>>6255797
>>6255850
but that does look cool and fun anons
>>
File: IMG_20170328_115341.jpg (3MB, 1729x3136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170328_115341.jpg
3MB, 1729x3136px
>>6255945
Ok.
>>
>>6255971
Fuck you
>>
File: IMG_6325.jpg (7KB, 104x117px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6325.jpg
7KB, 104x117px
>>6255977
>>
>>6253994
Are you fucking retarded?

I was going to say that there is no possible way to get his legs as close as my pic without cutting the straps but you did suggest to warp the entire figure so yes you are retarded
>>
>>6254011
Cutting the straps allows them to go over his thighs, and or dip inside his crotch spaces allowing his legs to go in much further than when you get him

If you say different please prove it
>>
>>6256077
I can just do that, so am very confused now how you would think otherwise.

Entire figure? I'm talking about the ball joint sockets idiot, which is the only real cause. And it's not permanent nor visible.

>>6256080
Out of the box, and this particular one has no assembly errors(one had the joint not fully in for the thigh which did increase range) gets that close easily.

The straps are in and under the center crotch piece, left thigh piece is pushing the strap up and right thigh is overlapping the strap at the green belt part.

Take off the upper body, look into the hip joint area. You can see the point the legs can no longer go closer together is where the ball socket hits the thick peg. The thigh ball joints are as far as they can go already. The legs are then that close together,

You might have had the straps in a bad position, heat warping would have fixed that.

Moving legs forward, the straps do get in the way, but from the thickness of the straps, so the only way to improve will be to remove them completely. I don't think that really makes the posing experience better though.
>>
>>6255852
i thought that was an ink painting
>>
>>6256150
They don't get in the way of moving the leg forward if you cut them because they fit around the thighs properly
>>
>>6256150
Of course no pic
>>
>>6256177
The only limitation is the thickness of the straps so my point is it doesn't really mater unless you get rid of them completely.

>>6256186
I thought it was unnecessary but since you don't seem to comprehend words or logic, even with the same figure in your hands, let me grab a camera.
>>
File: with thighs forward.jpg (298KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
with thighs forward.jpg
298KB, 810x1080px
>>6256186
This is out of box, and it can go closer but you then have to rotate the thighs and adjust the knees.
>>
File: thighs rotated.jpg (246KB, 810x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thighs rotated.jpg
246KB, 810x1080px
>>6256186
Thighs rotated, you can go a bit closer, even further but starts to look weird, but maybe pull it off from the right point of view.
>>
File: IMG_6326.jpg (1MB, 2508x3643px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6326.jpg
1MB, 2508x3643px
>>6256248
>implying I want his strap up inside his groin giving him a testicular torsion
>implying you can see the cut I've made from any angle
>>
File: you win.jpg (34KB, 830x470px) Image search: [Google]
you win.jpg
34KB, 830x470px
>>6255945
>>6255971
>>6255977
>>6256066
>>
>>6256414
He posed it with both shoulders raised, didn't win shit.
>>
>>6256354
It's the crotch of a Yamaguchi action figure, any low angle in action poses you will see it.

Congratulations, your straps are lower and that's all it did functionally yet significantly limits the directions it can be viewed.
>>
>>6256417
>shifting goal posts
>>
>>6256354
how's that qb figure?
>>
>>6256461
It doesn't limit anything senpai. I just cut the straps apart now they look more like actual straps than they did molded together stupidly
>>6256538
She's great I want to get more
>>
>>6256575
It limits how the figure can be shown, if you want to hide your mistake that is.

The more you defend it the funnier it gets, you run out of good reasons for the unnecessary snipping.
>>
>>6256538
>>6256354

Did you also cut the chain/ strings on the QB figure? You did didn't you you sick fuck.
>>
>>6257017
I don't own that one, it's the only one I want due to her proportions. Though the Egyptian queen one is tempting too but I can't justify paying their prices.
>>
Do deadpool knockoffs exist? Im seeing a lot of chinese sellers on ebay.
>>
>>6257108

If they do, this is the first time I've seen it.
>>
>>6257113
The description for one says "this is a clone"
Weird, i thought revoltech bootlegs didnt exist.
>>
>>6257116
Maybe a factory reject? I remember anon's buying a few of those Revo Storm Troopers for a time.
>>
>>6257125
Pretty sure those were bonafide bootlegs, I remember see reviews of them with gloppy and sticky paintjobs and brittle joints
>>
>>6257116
There were Stormtrooper and TMNT knockoffs as far as I remember seeing here.

Shit like that which are super well known in the west, Deadpool hmm tough to say. Spider-Man seems highly probable for having bootlegs.
>>
>>6257215
them chinks love deadpool
anything deadpool you can bet your ass it's gonna get bootlegged
>>
File: C5DsHQdVcAE1u6B.jpg (133KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C5DsHQdVcAE1u6B.jpg
133KB, 1200x675px
man i really really really can't wait for venom
>>
>>6257316
I don't like that character, but he does look badass.
Is there a release date planned for the Wolverine revo?
>>
>>6257345
nope... not yet, I'm pretty sure when Wolverine gets announced, there'll be a sudden influx of shitposting and trolls along with people who are legit excited about a revoltech wolverine, so you won't miss the announcement.
>>
new queen's blade figures never
>>
>>6257351
I really can't wait! Revoltech needs to do the entire Marvel vs. Capcom roster.
>>
>>6257372
Revo Morrigan when
>>
>>6257372
I'm hoping the Wolverine revo will be of his classic suit. If it's not, and they have to be the current/updated Marvel looks I'm okay with revoltech moving on from doing superhero figures, there's already enough options as it is.

Unlikely though, I think these superhero figures are selling like hotcakes and getting them attention from new audience who weren't into revos before.

with how much Go Nagai robots they've been making, I was hoping this year would be the year revoltech finally does a manga Devilman, or even the one based off Yasa's upcoming anime of it.
>>
>>6257379
It's impossible that they're doing all these Marvel figures and not thinking of MvC when the first preview images of Venom were using the Bengus art. Morrigan figure would probably sell just because... there are just not many options available out there.
>>
>>6257390
I just hope it opens up to more stop motion videos on youtube.
>>
File: dm_01.jpg (75KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dm_01.jpg
75KB, 800x800px
>>6257380
I own the Megahouse Devil Man; it has great sculpt, so-so articulation, but the right leg falls off really easily. I would love to have that exact figure with sturdier joints.
>>
>>6257409
Sad because this is the last figure Nirasawa designed before his death. Would have been something else to see Nirasawa work with Kaiyodo on revoltechs. Minowa's Jarknoids assemble borgs are pretty much Nirasawa ish in style.
>>
>>6257434
I'm looking forward to Jarkroid repaint, the original colors didn't do it for me.

Zetman Revoltech is the place holder for me for a 1/12 Devilman action figure.
>>
>>6257316
Me either, anon. This is the Venom I've been waiting for.
>>
>>6257380
I don't think it's the classic suit, it's kind of hard to tell from the unpainted prototype, but it looks to me like they're going for the Astonishing suit
>>
>>6257393
Amateur animator here. Revoltechs are the fucking worst to animate. The absolute worst.
>>
>>6257557
yeah... not a fan of that... Really am hoping they get to change it to the classic suit.
>>
>>6257589
Click. Click. Click. Click.
>>
Does venom have an actual date of release or am I still gonna have to go by "april"?
>>
>>6258107
I see 29th.

It's the end of the month anyways, not sure why the date is so important unless you're in Japan going to the actual store to get him.
>>
>>6257942
it's click clack asshole! atleast if you gonna shitpost know you shit.
>>
>>6257589
that's the reason because you are a amateur.
>>
>>6258107
>>6258149
god damn it, this means he'll arrive at the shop I pre-ordered it from either end of May or June...
>>
>>6257434
I didn't know this is Nirasawas last work...It feels even more special now.
Again: it's design and sculpt are top-notch. Rest in peace you crazy bastard.
>>
>>6257589
Look at a picture of a pose, then be very precise with how you click the limbs. You can get almost any pose you want using Revos and they don't fall over easily, even without a stand because of that clicking mechanism. They are almost perfect for stop-motion animation.
>>
>>6259002
I'm not the guy you're talking to, but you don't seem to grasp the problem. With stop motion, you need to shoot a large number of frames to get smooth and realistic movement. For instance, to get a forearm to bend from 0 to 90 degrees, I might want to shoot say, 30 frames of it. That means in each frame, I will move the elbow by 3 degrees.

This is not possible with Revolver joints. They have a set number of "clicks" in them, so you can't really fine-tune that elbow by small degrees. So now I can only shoot maybe 5 or 6 frames of the arm going from 0 to 90 degrees. This creates a very short and jerky-looking clip. There is no way around this other than replacing every joint with something like an unratcheted Yellow Sub joint.

tl;dr: yes, by default Revoltechs are kinda horrible for stop motion. There are certain animation techniques you can try to use to get around this, like hiding your limited joint range with camera movement or "explosive motion" where the movement happens very fast and the follow-through shot lingers (you see this a lot in hand-drawn animation). But this isn't ideal for pretty much anything except action sequences, and if you do it over and over it becomes annoying.
>>
>>6259067
They do stay in a pose way better then any other figures. And if you shoot 2 frames per pose, instead of 1, the clicking of the joints won't be much of a problem.
Of course it would be best to produce your own stopmotion figures, but not everyone has that luxury.
>>
File: tumblr_nxnz6sNnuS1uk6h26o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxnz6sNnuS1uk6h26o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x375px
>>6259099
You're still not understanding. Shooting 2 frames per pose will extend the time of the clip, but it will not make the movement any smoother. In fact, by increasing the frames, the jerkiness will become even more apparent.

"Staying in a pose better than any other figures" and "not falling over easily" are great qualities for playing with them or displaying them on your shelf. But for stop-motion, you want a figure that can be minutely fine-tuned while posing, and Revos cannot. And nobody said anything about making your own figures. There are plently of unratcheted toys out there that work fantastic for stop-motion.
>>
>>6259001
Yeah, it was announced, then a few weeks later, Nirasawa passed away from acute kidney failure. Gone way too soon. I own plenty of his Fewture stuff and the Mazinger 1901 AD stuff is one of my fav toys. RIP Nirasawa.
>>
>>6259116
I really mourn Nirasawa's passing. In the mid 90s I was heavy into punk rock and I happened upon some of Nirasawa's sculpts in a Japanese magazine. I fell in love instantly, his whole style and aesthetic were punk as fuck.
>>
>>6259120
yeah, I know this is kind of the wrong thread for it but he seems very under-appreciated. His influence is everywhere, there are even podcasts by Jordu Schell (one of the top Hollywood creature designers) about how when his artbook Creature Core arrived to the US in the 90's and then-big shot at Toy Biz showed it to them at a convention after he bought it, it blew everyone's mind and that the 90's creature design scene in the US was basically a race of who can absorb and copy his style the hardest. He is beloved by a lot of top talents in the industry.

Seeing the Jarknoids really made me wish he got to work on some stuff with Kaiyodo, especially seeing how nicely Takeya's stuff has went on with revoltech. Of course, Jarknoids were designed by Yutaka Minowa, he's the character designer for Ninja Scroll, he's also open about where he gets his inspirations from.
>>
>>6259112
Really would be something if Revos allowed you to push in the center of the joint to go from locked in ratchets to freeform movement.

Something else I could imagine working would be disassembling the joints and grinding down the ratches or maybe adding filler material so you get better grip inbetween ratchets.

Kudos to Revoltec though for increasing the amount of ratchets.
>>
>>6259112
>>6259067
>>6257589
> What are Kansetsu-waza ball joints.
If you have money to be spend on Revoltechs, a camera, and visit Busou Shinki threads, you have money for spare parts.

> Shooting 2 frames per pose will extend the time of the clip
What is frame rate.
You don't increase the amount of frames, you increase the amount of exposures per second.

Jeeze, going by the comment chain, sounds like you just enjoy the guy's animation, but know jack about stop motion or animation overall.
>>
>>6259224
I'd really like to see this. Anyone up for some Revo animating?
>>
>>6259112
No, you keep the same frame rate, but you repeat each frame twice. This is often done on stop motion shows and in anime. The animation will be less fluid, but it will be faster and could be used stylistically.
Nice gif: try working with more extreme poses.
>>
>>6259369
I thought that was just something taken from the guy who did the figma commercial(s?). He did a bunch of Shinki and HG Gunpla shorts on his site, forgot the name.
>>
>>6257589
>>6259067
>>6259112

Mister Plamoo don't feels limited for Woody https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjzZIkee8ts
>>
File: 2.jpg (60KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
60KB, 800x600px
Thinking of ordering this, how good is it?
>>
>>6259743
If you don't mind the headsculpt and swivel hips he's cool.
>>
>>6259743
>>6259751
He's also really small.
>>
Thread theme!
https://youtu.be/oq9NcZxLIlo
>>
File: 51L.jpg (47KB, 400x426px) Image search: [Google]
51L.jpg
47KB, 400x426px
Just ordered this figure. Does anyone own one? Is it good?
>>
I wish revoltech made a new Samurai Jack armor figure
>>
File: 1426823068106.gif (176KB, 517x343px) Image search: [Google]
1426823068106.gif
176KB, 517x343px
>>6260143
>No Gendi artstyle figures ever
I am still outrageously pissed we will never have 2D Clone Wars Revoltechs.
>>
>>6259224
That's what I was saying earlier. Revos are fine for stop-motion...if you replace all the joints with unratcheted ones.

>>6259369
> The animation will be less fluid, but it will be faster and could be used stylistically.
Again, this is something I already talked about earlier. It creates less fluid animation, and fluidity is what you want when animating (you at least want the OPTION for it, even when doing quick shots with fewer frames). Yes, you can use stuff like this stylistically, but I reiterate: you can't make every shot "stylistic." It will just be irritating to watch.
>>
>>6260323
It's not that bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y_98wR3oeY
>>
>>6260051
I have Enki (sword guy)and he's fun. Always wanted Enkidu and Enkidudu. Where'd you get him and how much did you pay?

Be sure to post pictures when you receive him!
>>
File: 20170331_125937~2.jpg (653KB, 2585x2038px) Image search: [Google]
20170331_125937~2.jpg
653KB, 2585x2038px
I have this image in my head of a brooding, menacing, maybe even a little melancholic Spiderman crouching down on the corner of a building with his arms hanging down below his feet. Maybe there's rain pouring down and lightning illuminating the scene.

Looked everywhere for this picture but couldn't find it. Does it even exist? It should be a comic panel or cover. And BOTH arms must be down, his fists probably clenched.
>>
>>6259743
Ignore these two
>>6259751
>>6259769
He's got a lot of awkward swivel joints and a shitty face sculpt. Also bad proportions and a tiny scale that fits with nothing.

On top of that he's got some horrible qc, I've owned three, two had broken joints in package. The third was fine....but the swivel joint kept popping out which was only a good thing because of the annoying nature fo the swivels.

It's an expensive POS and you're better off getting the NECA or the PAK dmc3. The only pro it has is the weapons.
>>
>>6260426
Sounds like a black suit type image
>>
File: The rain only hides my tears.gif (916KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
The rain only hides my tears.gif
916KB, 500x750px
>>6260426
This?
>>
File: Sensational_Spider-Man_Vol_2_38.jpg (186KB, 1000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
Sensational_Spider-Man_Vol_2_38.jpg
186KB, 1000x1518px
>>6260426
>>6260466
This maybe?
>>
>>6260476
YES.
Thank you anon!

Thanks to the other anons as well.
>>
File: 20170331_151948~2.jpg (403KB, 1833x2244px) Image search: [Google]
20170331_151948~2.jpg
403KB, 1833x2244px
>>6260476
>>6260487
Thoughts?
I'm sure one can do a lot better.

How would you go about recreating the shadows of the comicbook art?
>>
>>6260511
>how would you go recreating the shadows
Photoshop, using the burn tool.
>>
>>6260514
And without a lot of post? Multiple small light sources in a dark room on a dark background?
>>
>>6260511
Rotate the head a bit more to the camera (in the picture you can see both eyes) and his torso a bit forward (there's less space between his legs and his torso in the image).
>>
>>6260381
I got him from Amazon. I paid around 68 dollarydoos. I also ordered Enkidu for 24 around the same time.
>>
File: IMG_20170331_115621.jpg (2MB, 1791x1885px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_115621.jpg
2MB, 1791x1885px
>>6260476
>>6260511
I think I got it, maybe the wrong angle.
>>
>>6260511

If you changed the positioning a bit, he'd be doing the slav squat.
>>
File: iksrp1454893144.jpg (63KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
iksrp1454893144.jpg
63KB, 600x800px
Are we ever getting these two? I want Yuichiro's figure
>>
>>6260632
Got him dropping a deuce you did
>>
File: IMG_20170331_181548.jpg (1MB, 1471x1868px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170331_181548.jpg
1MB, 1471x1868px
>>6261129
I can't bring his legs any closer to his ass without shifting the center of balance. I'm happy with the pose even if it's not 100% accurate to that image.
>>
>>6260577
What about Enki?
>>6261129
Kek'd
>>6261148
Good job!
At some point you just can't go any further because human flesh is soft and malleabe.
>>
>>6261193
Every listing for Enki on Amazon was too pricey. Just going to order one off Ebay later.
>>
>>6261148
nobody can beat loose socks spidey when it comes to extreme posing
>>
>>6260577
theres one in the bst bundled with an arkgurren for 30 shipped lmao
>>
>>6261249
What a shame.
>>
File: IMG_7422.gif (15KB, 185x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7422.gif
15KB, 185x270px
Mr. Summers when?
>>
>>6261304

Hopefully never. I'd rather see a Sentinel (and Mango Sentinel repaint).
>>
>>6261311
That would be nice. But I don't really expect them to make a Sentinel do extreme poses. It contradicts what Revo is known for.
>>
>>6261311
>hopefully never
>Sentinel
Gtfo Marvel nobody wants the inhumans
>>
File: Mvc2-sentinel.jpg (116KB, 520x800px) Image search: [Google]
Mvc2-sentinel.jpg
116KB, 520x800px
>>6261321

I dunno, I think MVC Sentinel fits the bill there. Failing that, I want a Juggernaut. Venom gives me high hopes Yamaguchi could do an amazing Juggs.

>>6261324

Who?
>>
File: EatShitMutieScum.jpg (909KB, 1273x1231px) Image search: [Google]
EatShitMutieScum.jpg
909KB, 1273x1231px
>wants a Spiderman
>wants a Deadpool
>looks at the prices

Shit. I'm...I'm too poor for this, I think. Are they worth the $150-ish bucks it'd take to get both?
>>
>>6261451
No, have you checked the usual 2nd hand sites?
>>
>>6261451
Yes, unless you want to wait 3 months for the reissues
>>
>>6261484

Are they both getting reissued?
>>
>>6261713
Yeah, DP in May and Spidey in June
>>
>>6260987
I've been holding out for Yuuichiro and Mika for so long, but it really looks like they won't be made. There hasn't been any news about them for almost a year, and no info at the past 2 WonFes events.
Heck, I even emailed them around ~9 months ago and they said that they're "still working on them" and to just wait...but nothing ever since.
It makes sense that they lost interest since the hype for the series has been long gone by now. But what I don't get is that their Seraph statues sold really well (they're hard to find for a low price now) so you'd expect them to focus on their cash cow license.
If only they sped up with the production process and released them faster then it could've worked out.
>>
>>6261752
Well, maybe we just have to wait. Super Robot Chogokin Giant Robo came out several months later that small appearance at the Tamashii Festival
>>
>>6248740
Is it possible to suggest the company what do we want somehow through petition or some sort of questionnaire?
>>
>>6262230
Tweeting at Ken Elephant or Union Creative probably is the best way as they usually handle the rights acquisition.
>>
File: 20170402_180402~2.jpg (621KB, 2134x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170402_180402~2.jpg
621KB, 2134x2448px
>>
File: 20170402_182658~2.jpg (579KB, 2830x2014px) Image search: [Google]
20170402_182658~2.jpg
579KB, 2830x2014px
>>
>>6263286
The area behind his back is rather blurry there anon..
>>
>>6263292
I know but I liked this one the most. Feels like it has some depth to it.
Spidey is surprisingly easy to balance on his toes.
>>
>Deadpool sheath/handle break. FML
>>
>>6263326
Don't throw it away or panic. Get some plastic cement from a gunpla store. It basically melts the plastic surface, so you apply it lightly to both surfaces, then put them together and leave it alone somewhere for a day, don't touch it and let it mend. Look up youtube vids how to apply it if that doesn't make sense. It's a very easy and strong fix.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49KB, 1280x720px
>>6263289
>>
>>6255797
I just got mine and I think the joint at the torso is fucked. It won't move at all and spidey is in a perpetually thrusting his pelvis forward. Can't stand him straight and I've seen videos of people moving that joint freely. Any help please? This is my first Revo.
>>
>>6263657
Pull it apart. Make sure the joint is orientated the proper way for the movement you want to do. Chances are it's rotated the wrong way and that's what's stopping you from moving it in the direction you want.

Don't worry about pulling it apart, the joints were literally designed with durability in mind. The line they were originally designed for (assemble borgs) is all about pulling stuff apart and combining various parts hundreds and hundreds of times.
>>
>>6263657
Take him apart. Just pull on the hips and the chest. The torso joint is enveloped by his belly piece. You can take apart all the joints except for his hips and upper thigh swivels and I suggest you just that to familiarize yourself with the way the joints work.
I'm guessing the ab joint is misaligned.
>>
>>6263672
>>6263675
Thanks, anons. I took it out and the thing still won't move. I'm afraid I might break it. What I want to know is how much range of motion does the joint have.
>>
File: DSCF3338.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3338.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
reissue legacy never ever
>>
File: FuckingCat.jpg (143KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
FuckingCat.jpg
143KB, 599x600px
>>6263700
>hold Legacy contest
>Top 30 roster shows several QB's including the expensive as fuck Menace and Melona are requested in them
>never see anything from that fucking list besides the TMNT who were already getting a reissue anyway

Thanks Kaiyodo, you fucks.
>>
File: 190000l[1].jpg (120KB, 600x427px) Image search: [Google]
190000l[1].jpg
120KB, 600x427px
>>6263709
>fucking cat
>not bitching about reycal being first place
that took me off guard and still makes me laugh, since the author supposedly rigged the poll to make her win.
in any case, winvurga revoltech fucking when?
>inb4 they make him, but it's a transforming, floppy mess
>>
>>6263725

Reycal had it's uses as a body part swap thing though. Also if I remember, both of those shitty cats that go for super cheap because no one bought them, were in the Legacy vote lists.

I really do wish they just Legacy'd everything in the list though. Then I could finally get my Ed and Al, and Melona.
>>
File: poor little menace.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
poor little menace.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>6263709

i just want a legacy echidna, melona and menace for their non floppy joints. at least siggy has the good joints.

might just get some of those hobbybase joints and a melona since it'll never happen
>>
>>6263736

Do hobby base joints fit with revo's? What I've done to fix up some of the older ones, was take the neck joints from my Legacy's and stuff them into the places where floppy joints ruined a figure the most, and then just took the floppy joints and used them as the neck joints, since the heads are so light even the floppiest old joint I have holds a head solidly.

And yeah, I want a Melona a lot, but it's easily $80-100+ now, and thats way too much for some tittymonster plastic.
>>
File: too many waifus.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
too many waifus.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>6263738

Yeah, they do. I put some in my Nanael 2p when her joints got too floppy
>>
>>6263741

What kind matches up best?
>>
File: the jew disapproves.png (138KB, 256x280px) Image search: [Google]
the jew disapproves.png
138KB, 256x280px
>>6263744

i got the light flesh, so i assume the normal flesh would do best for the revoltech skin colour
>>
File: welcome to the fist order.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the fist order.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>6263748
>>6263744

whoops sorry about that wrong image
>>
>>6263751
Fuck you. post more of him.
>>
So I've never bought a Revoltech before, but the Buzz Lightyear has caught my eye. Is it a good figure?
>>
>>6264040
If you can get it for like 30, yeah
>>
File: 1491201797483[1].jpg (531KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491201797483[1].jpg
531KB, 1920x1080px
>>6248740
you knoe

>the alternate head
>the hand with a cigarette
>the enemy bot figs
>>
>>6264192

Never gonna happen at this point, sadly. Not unless Platinum finally decides to grace us with a sequel. Plus it got a PAK.
>>
>>6263725
He didn't rig it, he was just an active twitter user with a following who took over an unadvertised, nobody-anticipated-nor-cared poll.
And so Miyawaki said that was unfair or something bitchy.
I say Kaiyodo rigged it because they only wanted to reissue Woody and Turtles in the first place, we got them so quickly. But maybe they had schedule opening made for a couple of winners and it got filled with turtles.

But fuck yeah Revoltechs of all the Jinki series please.

I'm glad the new series is not yet another direct continuation of unfinished story, but I bet they will drop some "hey it is 3000 years in the future" nonsense. Or the main guy became that Jinki...
>>
File: messageImage_1491239509433.jpg (201KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
messageImage_1491239509433.jpg
201KB, 1200x675px
Really need this to arrive sooner, hot damn
>>
>don't like revo
>never played monster hunter
>want kirin girl

the fuck is wrong with me

help
>>
>>6264698
Since Golden Week starts right after, international shipping will likely take longer. If they take 1st and 2nd off that is.
>>
>>6264708
I actually ordered through a physical hobby store near me, in SE Asia, so they're going to arrive... probably a month later, since they'd have to clear proper import steps etc, but I'm paying HLJ prices basically. I'd also get to pick it out in person out of the stock, so I guess that's the upside... but I can't lie, I want it asap, haven't been this excited for a figure in a while and I don't even care about superhero comics. I just have always liked Venom since a kid.
>>
>>6264706
Same. I just really like the fantasy aesthetic. I hope Vulcanlog survives long enough to do some of the new Queen's Blade reboot designs.
>>
>>6264710
what? there's a reboot for queen's blade??
>>
>>6264712
Yeah they are, not sure if there is media mixing this time.

>>6264710
Since QB Revo was Hobby Stock x Kaiyodo project, not sure with who or how it can start up again. VulcanLog likes to revive old Kaiyodo Revo style maybe they will, maybe they will do something else female heavy, who knows.

Probably more MH girls?
>>
>>6264698
I just cancelled mine.
>>
>>6264748
lol because of that pic I posted???
>>
>>6264836
No, just realized I didn't really care about getting it and I need to cut back on purchases.
>>
does anyone here own the Revoltech Alien warrior and the Monsterarts Alien warrior ... can you post side by side pics...
>>
>>6264698
Venom looks like a jacked up dude bro jock.
>>
>>6265205
Venom IS a jacked up dude bro jock
>>
>>6265227
thats agent venom
>>
>>6265255
Eddie Brock is more jacked up and is also a dude bro although he isn't as much of a jock as Flash, yeah
>>
>>6257866
Which one? Hulk appearance, yellow blue from giant size or brown? I'd prefer brown
>>
File: EddieBrock.jpg (164KB, 579x768px) Image search: [Google]
EddieBrock.jpg
164KB, 579x768px
>>6265255

Eddie Brock is very much a HUEG guy.
>>
>>6264715
>Since QB Revo was Hobby Stock x Kaiyodo project, not sure with who or how it can start up again
It's more likely we'll get something from MegaHouse since they're doing action figures lately and they've always been the main manufacturer of the Queen's Blade statues.
>>
>>6265336

I fucking hope we get good, cast off figures, and not statues then.
>>
Is Vulcanlog kill? Where is Beat? Where is Arthur?

Also they had nothing to show for the future horizon
>>
File: spidergirl.gif (25KB, 304x366px) Image search: [Google]
spidergirl.gif
25KB, 304x366px
You guys think they'll retool Spider Gwen as Spidergirl/Mayday?
>>
>>6265594
I hope we see more original sculpts/characters, Hasbro already spams Spider people out the ass with the Legends line, we don't need an import company doing the same at more than twice the cost.
>>
>>6265327
I'd be okay with yellow blue John Bryne era (without the 3 stripes on the face from Hulk appearance) but would be happiest with the classic brown-and-tan. I'd be a happy camper still with the classic suit though... but as we all know, the prototype that's pending approval so far looks like its' resembling the Astonishing X-Men ver.
>>
>>6265334
4u
>>
>>6265594
I'd be down for Ben Reilly Spider-Man but... wouldn't mind it either if they don't. I don't need to be tempted to spend $120ish on 2 Spider-Man figures. I've got Kamen Riders to buy.
>>
>>6257116
>deadpool
Looks legit but if the seller is saying its not then it probably isn't.

29 bucks? Not bad. I might order a knock off one if they go cheaper because the hilt/sheathed swords on the real one decided to break.
>>
>>6263427
Thanks.

Yeah its the 2nd time, I already fixed it lightly with crazy glue once. I might have to dig out the peg. The handle fell off the other day and I am scouring my stuff to find it still. I'd say HAM HANDS but apparently just fell off the stand.
>>
File: scream04[1].jpg (112KB, 420x582px) Image search: [Google]
scream04[1].jpg
112KB, 420x582px
>>6265594
boring

give me a shmexy scream instead
>>
>>6266405
Mine haven't left the box since I heard people reporting this.
>>
Question about the MH figures: are the armored ones based on actual characters or just no-name armor types you unlock in the games?

Just asking as someone who only knew about the games and how they generally worked but never actually got into them.
>>
>>6267098

They are based directly on in-game armor sets, which are almost always named after the monster that they're made from.

There is no "no-name" armor, and your character in MH is always a silent protagonist that you create the looks of.
>>
>>6267107
Ah that's cool. I should've been more clear though, by "no-name" I meant if there's an actual "character" that wears the monster gear beyond just the silent protagonist.

Still, if it's just random armor from the various monsters then that's awesome.
>>
Another Woody re-release coming.
>>
File: HuntanGaems.jpg (893KB, 1151x949px) Image search: [Google]
HuntanGaems.jpg
893KB, 1151x949px
>>6267112

Yeah, all of the other NPC Hunter's in the game wear the same armors the PC can.
>>
>>6267120

And shit, I just noticed the red thing connected to the crotch piece that holds the armor plate on his right hip has begun to tear. Would a plastic cement work on this kind of weird, rubbery, plastic-ey, plastic? Is it even plastic?

I mean, if the red strap thing breaks it's not like it'll affect the figure much, given the side skirting is held on by revo joints, but if I can mend it I'd like to. I already tried a bit of superglue, no dice.
>>
Bandai is making a small, but fully articulated Robot from Laputa. I get why it's small due to the need to support the arm weight. That's exactly why there should be a Revoltech of the Robot-Hei, use that linked revo joints passing through the outer shell like Hebikera or Dragon. I'll buy even if 10k Yen.
>>
>>6268624
Ghibli sure does end up being exclusives... figma god warrior by takeya, hebikera revoltech by takeya... now this p bandai laputa automaton.

pretty much only good guy kaiyodo has managed to do it as a retail release.
>>
bootleg spider man finally started popping up on ebay
>>
are the bootleg deadpool any good
>>
I haven't checked Yamaguchi's twitter, but has he posted anything about Wolverine?
>>
>>6269407
No mentioning yet. It should be samples of Gwen for a while before the next one gets shown.

Talking mostly about Iron Blooded Orphans since it ended.
>>
>>6263289
I hope we get a black version of this spidey
>>
File: C8zLTrUV0AArRtG.jpg (83KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8zLTrUV0AArRtG.jpg
83KB, 1200x675px
So the Ted figure is humongous
>>
File: C8x9Jl7WsAA21x8.jpg (89KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C8x9Jl7WsAA21x8.jpg
89KB, 1200x675px
>>6270594
I wonder what else he is working on. Revoltech releases are pretty sparse compared to before but I do enjoy the bigger scale they've been in now for a while.
>>
File: HTB1WdOuQpXXXXcKaXXXq6xXFXXXI.jpg (173KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1WdOuQpXXXXcKaXXXq6xXFXXXI.jpg
173KB, 850x850px
Well that didn't take long, good job China.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/16-cm-Amazing-Movie-Super-hero-Revoltech-Deadpool-Series-No-001-Toy-Action-Figure-Model-Gift/32803164920.html
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.