[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 75

File: IMG_6139.gif (6KB, 283x273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6139.gif
6KB, 283x273px
Let's discuss and share our love for Revos
>>
they okay but revolfandrones are p annoying
>>
>>6231723
I've recently got back into revoltechs so I bought some older ones that were really cheap, Neo Getter 1 (not the cheapest, but good deal), blue F-18, GR-2, and 3 of the SFO street fighters (the Chinese characters of course, as the main characters are quite expensive, and the designs were interesting). Looking forward to grabbing Enkidu, probably Gaiking, and some other cheap ones I come across when I'm making a new Mandarake order.

Speaking of the SFO figures, anyone know of a store that might have the SFO Mei in stock and for a low price? Cheapest I can find is about $20 CAD, when I got the others for under $10 each (I got screwed out of her from a Rakuten store, ah well).
>>
>MARCH
Ted(Ted 2)

>APRIL
Venom

>MAY
Deadpool

>JULY
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Fudo Myo Oh

>AUGUST
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Gundari Myo Oh

>TBA
Spider-Gwen
Wolverine
Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
Judy Hopps (Zootopia)
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman) 2 variants
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Dino Getter 1
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (6 variants)

Previous >>6207111
>>
>>6231785
Thanks senpai
>>
>>6231785
>>6231820
Also SpiderGwen in June.
>>
>>6231832
Noted. Just wanted to grab the previous list. Forgot all about Gwen.
>>
I'm really looking forward to April... I hope the store I paid pre-orders at will get it shipped to them on April. Usually takes about an extra month or so for them to get them, through customs and all, since they officially import them. My one advantage there is that I get to pick and choose which has the best paint app since it's a physical store.
>>
Old OP was busy cleaning, packing, and traveling, then was curious how long it would take for someone else to start another General.

Then again there were no real news so I thought what the hell.

Kaiyodo store has a 50% off sale, turns out just for the Revol-Minis haha. Ah the Minis gets a bad rep. Quick and easy subline might be a good thing to have on the side especially now.
>>
>>6232723
>50% off sale
>No Cyborg Ninja restock
damn, I was hoping they were cleaning inventory and found more stock of all revo minis. Oh well.
>>
>>6232723
>Kaiyodo store
Wat. I didn't know they sold stuff directly, got a link?
>>
>>6233052
Yeah, start at their main website and go from there you lazy fuck.
>>
File: Agon1331787653.jpg (33KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
Agon1331787653.jpg
33KB, 600x444px
>>6231723
Rummaged through my storage and found nine EVA-MPs. Completely forgot I had them.
Time to get these niggas unpacked and pose them throughout the house now.
>>
>>6233304
How the fuck do you have 9 of these things and forget all about them
>>
>new product damage box spiderman from amiami with a mad discount.
I hope it has all the extra bits, but it does say it's only a damaged box.
>>
>>6234131
Link.
>>
>>6234356
Sorry pal I grabbed it for myself. I was just thinking out loud.

On another note what scale accessories usually work with revols? 1/12s?
>>
>>6234392
Yeah usually, but the size of the grip can be tricky especially for Revos that has closed holding hands, very low margin of error. I find the SW Black series weapons pretty fitting. Little Armory series is too small to hold properly. Gunpla, Koto kits weapons grips are mostly small too. You could wrap tape or something though.
Spider-Man can hold guns better than Deadpool though, better ranged wrists,
>>
>>6234397
>SW Black series weapons
I can't find these at all, maybe my google-fu is just weak.

I think I can mess around with uyumaru to make some better gripping hands. It'll just be assholes to find the right shade of paint for them.
>>
>>6234414
Sorry, I mean the weapons that comes with the Star Wars Black action figures from Hasbro, the 6 inch ones. They fit well into the hands of recent Revos.
>>
any guesses as to when the revoltech wolverine is coming out?
>>
>>6234564
nah... we'll just have to wait, apparently that prototype isn't even approved yet.

also anons, should I pull the trigger on Deadpool revoltech???
>>
File: IMG_6057.jpg (1MB, 2860x4096px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6057.jpg
1MB, 2860x4096px
>>6234580
Yes
>>
>>6234589
I see what you did there, also, guess will do so when I get paid soon. I personally never really was all that taken by the comics, just really liked that one drawing by Ed McGuinness from an old comic in my childhood and just have always wanted a posable toy of him... Now that I'm an adult and love revoltech, it just seems like... well, price is a bit much for a character I'm not exactly enamored with, but it seems like he's well worth his price, judging from opinions around here.
>>
File: IMG_6014.jpg (981KB, 3468x2359px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6014.jpg
981KB, 3468x2359px
>>6234591
Deadpool as a character has been shit for ages imo. My love for deadpool is completely fueled by childhood nostalgia. When he first came out I thought he was the biggest badass in history. Child me would tel you that he is the only character more hardcore than the Punisher
>>
>>6234589
also.. just keep posting more pics of your Deadpool
>>
File: IMG_6056.jpg (694KB, 2840x2443px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6056.jpg
694KB, 2840x2443px
>>6234608
>>
File: IMG_6015.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6015.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>6234589
>>6234597
Man revoltechs ability to cross their shoulders, not just their arms and deep crunches really sell action poses well. Really can't wait for that Venom and Wolverine.
>>
>>6234564
After Gwen, 2 or 3 months later is a reasonable release period.
>>
>>6231758
I recommend Getter Dragon, solid figure and you should be able to find it cheap. Also highly recommend MuvLuv revos.
>>
File: IMG_6094.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6094.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
I'm thinking we'll have wolverine by the end of the year
>>
>>6234667
it also has a neat "beam hitting the ground"effect
>>
File: IMG_6166.jpg (1MB, 2822x2889px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6166.jpg
1MB, 2822x2889px
>>6234667
Considering their bargain bin prices, Muv Luv revos might be the best deal there is for a revoltech figure
>>
>>6234675
I like the spinning axe part, surprisingly fun accessory to have.
>>
>>6234684
I was thinking of making the General topic "underappreciated/overlooked Revoltechs," maybe put together another collage thing. MuvLuv is definitely on there.
>>
>>6234684
I love Muv-Luv so thanks to that I started my TSF revoltech collection, but right now I only have 3.

I will try to complete the collection in summer.
>>
File: IMG_3978.jpg (118KB, 961x872px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3978.jpg
118KB, 961x872px
I can't stop messing with Spidey. This figure is literally my childhood dream come true. Thank you, based Yamaguchi.
>>
File: IMG_6133.jpg (1MB, 2524x3162px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6133.jpg
1MB, 2524x3162px
MK 45 is pretty cool. Unfortunately mine came with a really messed up paint job on his face. Kaiyodo seems to have no USA point of contact.
Has anyone here ever got a replacement part from Kaiyodo?
>>
File: DSC02796.jpg (201KB, 1137x774px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02796.jpg
201KB, 1137x774px
I got mini snake when he first came out and I was really disapointed, so I sold him. I've sort of regretted it ever since, so I finally snagged a cheap one and he's pretty good. I'm still not a fan of some stuff he's got going on but he's solid. Like, his hips are still a clusterfuck visually, but they're also way more functional than most of the fullsized releases recently. It's also funny how oversized his weapons are, his socom is straight up the exact same size as the one that came with figma snake.
>>
File: DSC02805.jpg (250KB, 907x994px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02805.jpg
250KB, 907x994px
>>6235154
>>
>>6235154
>he's solid
Why yes, yes he is.
>>
>>6234691

Just put it together here. Revo threads are slow enough as-is, trying to make another will see it dead in the water.
>>
>>6235356
Oh no I meant before this one came out, I was OP for a while, but then got curious how long it took for someone else to make one. I didn't want to keep making one if the demand for it was that low that no other person would bother making one. And there were no new info or news, a dead zone after WF I guess.

I'll put together something.
>>
>>6235434

Honestly, you do a good job as OP, so you might as well keep doing it.
>>
>>6233050
yeah I got lucky in december. didn't even know cyborg ninja existed till someone posted a pic of him as an OP, and I immediately knew I wanted it since he was my favorite MGS1 character. I found a small japanese online store selling it for $40 and guyver for I think 48 (!) shipped. Bought them both, went back afterwards and they were both OOS. kudos to them for not cancelling my order and jacking up the prices.
>>
>>6235154
I've found that most 1:18 weapons scale perfectly with Mini Snake
>>
>>6235154
>they're also way more functional than most of the fullsized releases recently
Do you own any of the ones since they switched to true ball hips? They work SO good.
>>
>>6235516
Yeah, apparently the market for that scale is way better than for 1/12th stuff.

>>6235522
The mini line was the first to use those if I'm not mistaken, and honestly it's even better than deadpool and co. The hips are basically a barbell joint with two balls on either end, but with a thickass swivel in the middle too. There're also gaps at the crotch that're supposed to be filled in by the straps, so they've got even more range there.
>>
>>6235469
Thanks, it wasn't me 100% but a good chunk of them.
>>
I have gwen preordered, never owned a revoltech before. Will it be as poseable as this spidey? >>6234871
>>
>>6235558
Lower body seems to be, as it has the same type of cuts as Spidey, ignoring that calf joint. I think shoulders might not be as good, but Revol-Mini have good shoulders too and she is using the same joints so should be fine. Nothing on Earth can match his neck range lol.
>>
File: C6yXVGqUwAA5xYH.jpg (140KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C6yXVGqUwAA5xYH.jpg
140KB, 1200x675px
Venom box
>>
File: C6yXWI8U4AQFytO.jpg (185KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C6yXWI8U4AQFytO.jpg
185KB, 1200x675px
Back
>>
File: RevoltechTrollface2.jpg (153KB, 710x609px) Image search: [Google]
RevoltechTrollface2.jpg
153KB, 710x609px
>>6235738
>>6235739

Looks good. Also, trollface grin right on the box.
>>
>>6235738
Pls send this now
>>
File: IMG_6038.jpg (742KB, 1936x2587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6038.jpg
742KB, 1936x2587px
>>6235738
Anon, you're not Yamaguchi, are you?

I wish he was here with us
>>
>>6236086

If he would go anywhere it would be 2chan, not to the fat american KO 4chan.

I do wonder if any toy designers do lurk here. I know sometimes you get some videogame devs on /v/ or /co/ folk.
>>
>>6236086
>>6236100
I just check his tweets. His English is not that great. Most Japanese folks can get by straight forward, proper grammar written English, but Internet English is another thing.

Maybe Bandai has some eyes on the international communities, oh and probably GSC, but others I doubt it.
>>
File: recent.jpg (564KB, 2124x1672px) Image search: [Google]
recent.jpg
564KB, 2124x1672px
Here we go, some underappreciated, overlooked, hidden gems Revoltechs. Ones that didn't seem to sell well, or avoided due to unpopular source material, etc. but I think are fantastic figures. I think you can find them pretty cheap.

I broke them up into a couple of groupings for convenience.

First, the relatively recent stuff.

Mark 45 is one of the best Iron Man action figures, highly, extremely poseable and comes with a good set of option parts. Mark 43 is also great with the Legacy version stiffer joints, looks much better after replacing the neck joint to 8mm, solving that sunken neck problem. And being able to come apart is fitting for this suit.

Darth Vader, while not screen accurate, functions well as a toy, able to pull off some great dynamic poses. Arm articulation works and head sculpt looks great.

The other 3, all Yamaguchi sculpted, are his greatest works that doesn't seem to be getting much love.
>>
File: fraulein.jpg (283KB, 1290x1006px) Image search: [Google]
fraulein.jpg
283KB, 1290x1006px
Next, everyones favorite, Fraulein.

I think the new movies Eva girls and Haruhi girls are not that bad. While they don't look like their anime counterparts, they do resemble closer to the manga and novel art work which is a good alternative to have around.

They are 1/10 ish, but could fit in with bigger, western action figures. People complain about the articulation, while they can't do action poses, girly girl poses looks pretty good.
>>
File: mini.jpg (409KB, 2224x1252px) Image search: [Google]
mini.jpg
409KB, 2224x1252px
Revol-Minis. They are all solid figures, and the Kinnikuman series represents probably the best possible Choujin wrestlers action figures. By that I mean the balance of visuals and range of articulation. Short lived as it was, the lineup is decent too, there is also an exclusive Pentagon.

Mini Klaus is the best representation of the character as well, I doubt the figma will come close. Mini Mark 6 I guess they made tons of him, you can find him cheap as he was cheap to start with, and has great sculpt, articulation, and jet parts are fun accessories.

Basara guys are great too in case you were wondering, I just wanted one or two more.

I hope one day Yamaguchi makes more Kinnikuman revoltechs, show Bandai how it's done.
>>
File: old.jpg (387KB, 1924x992px) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
387KB, 1924x992px
The next two groupings are kind of bullshit so don't get picky with them. I'm not sure if they are all dirt cheap or not, but doubt it's anything ridiculous.

Dougram was one of he first Revoltech, but still holds up. Great design, Yamaguchi stylization works and can strike great poses. Same for King Gainer, and you know your only option if you like King Gainer.

The two Zetman Revos, are masterpieces. They aren't tiny like the other older Revos from those days, poseable, great paint and sculpt, fits right in with SHFs or whatever. GET THEM.

Legion, the release has an interesting paint job, fantastic display piece, lots of moving parts, make it you generic monster foe, get it in anticipation for all the Gamera revos old and new.

Kaioh looks impressive, great villain aura all around. He is bigger so could fit in with some figma. Hip articulation works better than the older Hokuto Revos as they changed the angles of the cuts.

QB Elina seems not as popular as the others, but she comes with interesting option parts, the metal bikinis and fur clothe are separate so you can have different arrangements, all good.

02 Beast Mode, the best version of that design you can have, just nailed it. I included her more for the effect part, the blood splatter, on a revo joint, veeerrry useful.

Gloomy, first? of the still ongoing cute mascot characters Revos has high potential of interactivity with many other toys. Use that 02's blood effect!
>>
File: angrily adjust glasses.png (263KB, 561x319px) Image search: [Google]
angrily adjust glasses.png
263KB, 561x319px
>>6235739
>were free
>>
File: robo2.jpg (617KB, 1604x1528px) Image search: [Google]
robo2.jpg
617KB, 1604x1528px
Last one. Not gonna go over very single guy but basically Yamaguci mechas and the Transformers movies Revoltechs. Transformers Revos are fun figures, I have the axe in the picture but that comes with the Jet Wing ver (so does the hilt for sword) but regular Optimus is fun too. Legacy versions are better.

I only shown one, but all of the Muv Luv Revoltech are about the same, go for what you like, Japanese, American, or Russian units. Lineup, price, sculpt, and play value, all top notch stuff. Heat up their buts for the back jets as they are packed unattached.

Uhh, what else. ah Gunbuster. Okay, out of the box it sucks. Forget the part swaping transformation gimmick. Glue on the parts for the transformation like the shoulder panels and leg panels. Now you have a good Revo Gunbuster, small but eh so were the others.

Revo Albalest is also one of those must haves, Yamaguchi arrangement makes it look more like a ninja, a person in tech armor, and I think that's amazing.
>>
>>6235738
>>6235739
Wew I can't wait.
>>
>>6236835
I've seen worse. English text on the LED Microman from Sentinel was hilarious iirc.

What I don't get is, aren't they quotes from the comics? They can't copy texts?
>>
>>6235738
>>6236842
I'm having serious second thoughts. April isn't even a bad month for me, but I'm liking him less and less the more I see of him. He'd be an easy wait-and-see if he weren't so likely to sell out.
>>
>>6236776
Oops, I mean 42. Not sure why they didn't release 43 repaint.

Mini Iron Man was going to be 43 but Yamaguchi said the detailing was impossible at that scale hahaha.
>>
>>6236858
The strategy now is to make less, sell all, cut losses, and reissue if the demand and reception was high. They can keep regular release schedule having rereleases so they don't look so bad making like 4 Revos a year.

Not a guarantee though so you should probably grab it sooner than later.
>>
>>6236872
Exactly. It's probably a good strategy business-wise, but it's not great for things I'm on the fence about.
>>
>>6236776
>I think you can find them pretty cheap.

The Vulcanlog Glavenus Hunter just came out recently and is expensive as fuck.
>>
>>6236953
Well I mean no crazy after market price.
>>
>>6236953
That was meant for all the revos I mentioned and not particularly for the recent releases. You know opening statement.
>>
Errr, hi.

I had loads of fun with Revoltech Raiden, so I am thinking of getting another Revoltech figya.

I am thinking about purchasing Movie Revo Iron Man Mk45. Is it any gud?
>>
>>6237267
Yes. >>6236776
My only problem is his arms looks short, maybe the legs are too long, something is off with proportions. But not that noticeable in fighting poses.

He comes with weapon holding hands too oddly enough. Ball jointed hips, moving chest and hip panels for increasing range of mobility, great engineering.
>>
>>6237283

Oh, jolly. Thanks.
>>
>>6236858
it's going to be an easy figure to sell, and it's pretty damned hard to hamhand a revo, so as long as you take it out, inspect and feel like you don't want it, just seal it back without playing with it and resell it.
>>
>>6235738
man I'm so fucking ready for this figure.
>>
File: IMG_6188.jpg (2MB, 3787x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6188.jpg
2MB, 3787x3024px
>>6236858
I've screencapped this for when you ultimately regret your decision and come back pissed
>>
>>6237674
>giant gaps in back
>sharp edged knee hanging by sinew
Ten dollar says the Venom won't be as ugly because the bulk will be able to hide the fugly articulation engineering
>>
>>6237755
it will also have dogshit leg articulation since it uses hinges

We've already seen him from every possible angle
>>
>>6234131
>>6234392
So I got my 'damaged box' spiderman today.

No damage on the box at all. All the parts included.
Looks like AmiAmi just wanted to send me a brand new one on the cheap, pretty pumped.
>>
>>6237755
Wtf I hate revoltech Spider-Man now
>>
>>6237755
>>giant gaps in back
>>sharp edged knee hanging by sinew
Yamaguchi went too far with him, still haven't picked him up. None of his ugliness can be hidden well in photos by what I've seen.
>>
>>6237994
If there is a character he should go all out on articulation, it's Spider-Man. In hand, in poses, it's not bad as is the case for most Yamaguchi sculpts.

I like this post from Toyark comments, I think it nails what many sees from Revoltechs.

"Revoltech figures have some of the most anatomically-correctly constructed shoulders in any action figures ever. Human arms are not connected to the torso on the sides of the torso. They connect at the top, at the clavicles and scapula. And having been spoiled by the way Revoltech does shoulders, I can never really get over how domestic figures do their shoulders: they look fine when rested, but once raised over 90 degrees, they just don't look human anymore.

Think it mostly comes down to familiarity, preference, and priority. People who collect Revoltech can overlook the massive gaps all over the figures, because they prioritize being able to pose figures in more anatomically correct ways. People who like ML (for example) can overlook the anatomical errors (like how thick double-jointed knees look when bent, and the aforementioned shoulders), because the sculpts are more seamless and joints more hidden."

http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/28/official-photos-revoltech-spider-gwen-figure-244917
>>
>>6237760
I'm really interested to see people's reaction to the legs, as the Amazing line has brought in new blood, this is likely the most traditional Yamaguchi articulation schema they will encounter. Some pre-revoltech level stuff.
>>
>>6238004
That's how I look at it.

I like spiderman becomes he moves like he's supposed to when I play with it. I'm not very autistic about the gaps since I know they allow for a wider range of poses. Which was my reason for buying him in the first place.

If you want it to look nice, buy a statue.

Plus he looks closest to the classic comic look.
>>
>>6237793
Japan is pretty autistic with damaged boxes
That's why everyone loves mandarake so much because you pretty much get new figures with "damaged boxes" that aren't actually damaged or might have one tiny scratch or crease at a lower price
>>
>>6238004
No, I get it. In fact, I heavily agree with most of what that quote states. But to think great articulation has to sacrifice sculpt in such a manner is ridiculous. Spider-Man seems rushed, and the legs are so poorly designed it's baffling. Yamaguchi straight up cut a leg sculpt in half and stuck a joint in there with no regard for how it would look when articulated. And to then go and put the thigh swivel at an awkward angle hurts it even more.

I can typically deal with Revo configurations, cause with enough time you can hide the gaps and quirks with the right pose/angle. And though I can't say with 100% certainty since I don't actually own it yet, it just doesn't seem like that's possible with Spider-Man.
>>
>>6238015
>And to then go and put the thigh swivel at an awkward angle hurts it even more.

I completely disagree, that thigh cuts guides you into the desired Spider-Man poses with ease and allows you to get those wide legs and still look connected in form.

The disadvantage is doing everything with revolver joints, so we are seeing increased use of ball joints and hinges in the future, so hopefully it will please more people bothered by that aspect.
>>
File: IMG_6191.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6191.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>dosent like revoltech
>comes into revo thread to bully
Why
>>
File: IMG_6198.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6198.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
If you don't like revoltech, that's totally fine. Good thing there's a hundred other options for the character
>>
>>6238029
I really do think it's a high expectations kind of thing. He's basically thiiiis close to being my perfect spider-man, but with a couple choices I completely hate. I made my peace with it the week after I got him, but I get people being frustrated with it.
>>
File: IMG_6115.jpg (1MB, 2735x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6115.jpg
1MB, 2735x4032px
>tfw ultron dosent like you either
>>
>>6238011
>Plus he looks closest to the classic comic look
That is objectively false
>>
File: WEW.png (4MB, 1345x2085px) Image search: [Google]
WEW.png
4MB, 1345x2085px
Glad I found this thread, got my first revoltech, really like it. Not as easily posed as I've seen Spiderman, but given the amount and bulk of the armor, I can live with it.
>>
Spider-man reissue for June is up for pre-order.
>>
Like many of you, I got my Spider-Man by pre-ordering. Did it sell out immediately?
>>
>>6238184
Sweet! Mine just fell off of my desk and got destroyed by my rabbit.
>>
>>6238214
mmm... ah... huh... context?
>>
File: DSC_3574.jpg (377KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3574.jpg
377KB, 663x1000px
>>6238149
the colours really pop
doesn't hurt that it's my fave new monster too
>>
File: IMG_5983.jpg (287KB, 969x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5983.jpg
287KB, 969x1000px
Never owned a revoltech but I love alien and aliens and I literally cant decide. Anyone own both that can help?
>>
>>6238304
Second one is way better.
>>
>>6238304
They are pretty similar in terms of engineering so go with the one you prefer aesthetically. I personally prefer the one on the right because the clear dome is beautiful (it's better than any other rendition of this xeno) and the color palette is pleasing.

The one on the left does have more upward head range though since that spiny bit on the back has articulation while the one on the right spine can't move at all. Other than that small difference they are nearly identical in terms of articulation.
>>
>>6238304
The warrior has better head articulation but I like the iconic look and creepiness factor of the first one more.

It's a bit like the genre difference between Alien and Aliens (one's horror, the other action).
>>
>>6238304
the one on the right. I have it, received it as a gift but it actually ends up one of those toys that's just always on my work desk at home because I like posing it here and there for fun. It's the Alien toy I've been waiting for since I was a kid.
>>
>>6238304
Why not both? And while you're researching it, there's a clear variant of big chap but I dunno if its rare or anything
>>
>>6238362
well if you want to go with what this anon is saying, might as well get the Queen alien revo too while you're at it.
>>
File: C68vV-SXEAMJdin.jpg (103KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C68vV-SXEAMJdin.jpg
103KB, 1200x675px
>>
File: C68vXx9WgAIMPAf.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C68vXx9WgAIMPAf.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>>6238589
>>
File: C68vXCOWwAA8aM2.jpg (68KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C68vXCOWwAA8aM2.jpg
68KB, 1200x675px
>>6238592
>>
File: C68vYq4W0AAWu_k.jpg (84KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C68vYq4W0AAWu_k.jpg
84KB, 1200x675px
>>6238595
>>
>>6238589
>>6238592
>>6238595
>>6238599
Goddamn, seeing these shots is making me really excited for June. I was also able to pick up the Spidey reissue in June too, so the two of them coming in at the same time's gonna be real nice.

I haven't had any Revos since the Revomini Klaus; in general, what do you guys think of Spidey?
>>
File: 1486240150093.jpg (277KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1486240150093.jpg
277KB, 1600x1201px
>>6238743
General consensus has been that he's the best thing since sliced bread. There have been some complaints (especially about his knees and bad looking neck/head), but generally most people see the tradeoffs being worth the superb articulation. I mean, it's our very first Spidey ever that can legitimately do the Marvel vs. Capcom idle pose, and that's pretty fucking impressive.
>>
>>6238595
>>6238592

I knew Yamaguchi should get back at making female action figures, and this shows why. Very fluid and sexy even in extreme poses. He should build on this body type as a base body and make bunch of female super heroes that has that simple spandex design. Save some time and pump out some good looking figures.
>>
File: Revoltech-Classic-Batmobile-001.jpg (538KB, 782x679px) Image search: [Google]
Revoltech-Classic-Batmobile-001.jpg
538KB, 782x679px
>>6238029
Revoltech is more than just Yamaguchi butchering a sculpt for the sake of joints.
They release a variety of toys by different sculptors.
>>
>>6238745
Good shit, thanks anon. Now I'm even more hyped.
>>
>>6238029
I do like Revoltech I just think this Spider-Man is ugly
>>
Of course this happened a while ago and is long gone, but in hindsight I think it's funny.

http://kaiyodo.ecq.sc/revolmini/kyd-rmn001-sa.html
>>
>>6238184
Nice.
>>
>>6238589
>>6238592
>>6238595
>>6238599
I was wondering when she'd show up on his twitter.

I wonder why he's not using the colored prototype from Wonder Fest...

Ah well, Really looking forward to her and the Spidy re-release.
>>
File: AnimatedRorschach.gif (209KB, 350x275px) Image search: [Google]
AnimatedRorschach.gif
209KB, 350x275px
When we start getting DC figures, who do you want the most?

Pic related.
>>
File: batman-kick-allover-white_1.jpg (118KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
batman-kick-allover-white_1.jpg
118KB, 600x600px
>>6239075
>>
File: 1487981226882.jpg (94KB, 672x530px) Image search: [Google]
1487981226882.jpg
94KB, 672x530px
>>6239075
All classic Superman figures are shit
And he deserve a good figure
>>6239079
Please anon you have plenty to choose from
>>
>>6239079
>>6239075
I want batman, but specifically, I want a Neal Adams style batman, because he always drew him in really dynamic poses that no classic style Batman figure has been able to do yet, except maybe the Microman.
I also want Cassandra cain Batgirl, but that character is very unlikely. A Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle would also be really cool.
>>
>>6239103
>you have plenty to choose from
yeah but nothing with EXXXXTREEEME articulation

he does more flippy shit than supes anyway
>>
>>6239103
Yeah, plenty of crap to choose from, same as Superman.

I want a Batman who can pull off dynamic poses well. We don't have that.
>>
>>6239075
I wouldn't mind a Nightwing, or any of the Robins for that matter.
>>
>>6239079
Yeah we need a good comic bat with Revo articulation
Not that movie shit or video game shit that everyone and their mothers have made
>>
File: 1381697431544.jpg (71KB, 900x582px) Image search: [Google]
1381697431544.jpg
71KB, 900x582px
>>6239105
>>6239111
If what we've seen so far is any indication, all the Amecomi stuff is going to be vanilla/classic costumes from the comics, rather than the games or movies. I'd expect black Batman before blue, but blue's not off the table. We'll at least get briefs though.

That said, I'm more interested in how he'd do the cape.
>>
>>6239130
>If what we've seen so far is any indication, all the Amecomi stuff is going to be vanilla/classic costumes from the comics, rather than the games or movies.

Which is great, and exactly what we need. Mezco has already failed me. I don't want some overpaid actor's likeness, or some wanna-be concept artist's rendition, I want the classic comic look.
>>
File: 4537807130013_6-noscale.jpg (57KB, 633x502px) Image search: [Google]
4537807130013_6-noscale.jpg
57KB, 633x502px
>>6239130
>That said, I'm more interested in how he'd do the cape.
Can't be worse than Vader. Doubt it'll be cloth, so I'll just have one ready to go with a wire in it.
>>
>>6239130
The cape would probably be my only problem
Not really a fan of how Vader's turned out
>>
File: 1390508503859.jpg (195KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1390508503859.jpg
195KB, 667x1000px
>>6239141
>>6239142
That's the thing about the cape is it seems easy to fuck up but Batman's cape adds a lot of character and dynamism, and Yamaguchi is synonymous with dynamism. The cape can be spread out like wings, thrown behind his shoulders, draped like a cloak or flow in the wind.
Really, we'd need either wired cloth or maybe several interchangeable sculpted capes to replicate all the classic Batman poses. Going all-out on a Batman might drive Yamaguchi to the former unless he works magic and sculpts something crazy and new.
>>
>>6239141
I'm concerned about the cape too. Vader's was so bad it made me sell it and get the MAFEX.
>>
File: IMG_8372.jpg (1MB, 2448x3060px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8372.jpg
1MB, 2448x3060px
>>6238274
I bumped Spidey off of my desk and my pet rabbit got a hold of him. Little known fact: rabbits are nature's fiercest killers. Pic related.
>>
>>6238589
>Dat spidey neutral pose is an absolute cancer
>>
>>6239159
who are you quoting?
>>
>>6238589
>>6238592
>>6238595
>>6238599
I know nothing about the character but I think Spider-Gwen looks better/more natural sculpt-wise compared to Spidey. Picking her up for sure.
>>
>>6239156
>SKREEEEEONKKKK
>>
>>6239156
What did it do?
>>
>>6239156
>>6239181
Yeah i want to see the aftermath.
>>
>>6239177
same. he went full yamagushit with spidey, down to adding joints in the fucking shins
>>
>>6239185
I second this.
>>
>>6239159
I think it looks fine, but pretty stylized.
>>
File: IMG_9224.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9224.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>6239181
>>6239185
>>6239195
This isn't the first casualty. She's lucky she's so fucking cute.
>>
>>6239223
Paint it red and call it battle damage.
>>
File: maxresdefault (4).jpg (260KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (4).jpg
260KB, 3000x1688px
>>6239223
Go all in and make a super articulated zombie Spidey
>>
>>6239229
And have Venom in a "slashing" pose next to Spidey when you get him. Would look dope.
>>
>>6239223

Why is your rabbit running free instead of in a cage? You'd still have your Spidey if they weren't loose.
>>
>>6239242
free range rabbit is tastier
>>
>>6239223
Jesus, that made me feel super uncomfortable.
>>
>>6239156
i have a dwarf rabbit too and that fucker chews EVERYTHING
curtains, bedsheets, wires, even the goddamn table
>>
>>6239223
that looks kinda cool
>>
>>6239223
Keep it. say it's just battle damaged and make the white into red gashes.
>>
>>6239073
This is the final product sample from the factory. WF in colour was probably early prototype, hand painted inhouse, not something Yamaguchi have lying around to mess with.

Next we get the Paint Master which shows up as display piece in stores and the final final product in our hands.
>>
>>6239075
Said it before, but Hellbat Armor will make a good Revo. Also Beyond. One way to avoid capes.
>>
File: DCCgcbat-5.jpg (413KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
DCCgcbat-5.jpg
413KB, 1023x682px
>>6239134
>>6239134
DCC makes near comic book perfect toys.
>>
>>6239130
>going to be vanilla/classic costumes from the comic

From Marvel we see they go for the current versions than classic, so New 52 or whatever after that one.

>>6239141
As for cape, with ot being Yamaguchi it will be more like Renewal Getter 1, bunch of cloth pieces connected and modular in formation to different ports.

Like 2 or 3 sculpted strands of cloth wings, could be real fun. Or think PAK style but with extra joint in middle of the 2 cape pieces.
>>
>>6239265
The got ever growing teeth, gotta sand it down somehow.
>>
>>6239437
Articulation is mediocre to poor though
>>
>>6239438
>From Marvel we see they go for the current versions than classic
I mean, not really? That's only really the case for Deadpool, and that particular outfit has just been getting a lot of figures lately in general. More likely a Marvel push than anything telling of the Amazing Yamaguchi line.

Spider-Man is Yamaguchi's horrifying take on the classic suit. Venom is Yamaguchi drawing inspiration from a few variations Venom's had over the years. Spider-Gwen has only ever had the one costume. Wolverine is unpainted so it can't be said for sure but it appears to be based on either his classic suit or his Astonishing suit.
>>
File: DCCgcbat-11.jpg (422KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
DCCgcbat-11.jpg
422KB, 1024x682px
>>6239452
It's not poor and beggars can't be choosers.

Also, best cape.
Sure, it's a static statueshit cape, but its so great. Capullo had so much practice with Spawn.
>>
>>6239461
>that articulation
>not poor
>>
>>6239458
Wolverine was not the classic suit, and Spider-Man still wears the same suit recently anyways(?) I mean there was no replacement place holder design for him as far as I know.

Even the fact they went for Spider-Gwen, I think there is a push for modern looks. However DC could be totally different.
>>
>>6239461
Icons are ''okay.'' The rest are substandard. They look nice, that's what they are for.
>>
was there a large stock of spideys the first time around? i'm already getting gwen but now that i'm seeing more pictures i kind of want spidey as well. any chance they'll go on sale after a month or two on amiami, or is it more likely they'll sell out immediately?
>>
>>6239502
If they were going for most recent takes, Spider-Man would have his All-New All-Different suit with the backlit Spider symbol. Wolverine would have his Death of Wolverine suit. They're going for more modern takes than first appearance, sure, but they're not all their most recent version. That's only the case for Deadpool because he's been essentially wearing the same suit for a good while now.
>>
>>6239461
>feet not flat on the ground and obviously can't tilt
>appears to be balancing with the cape
>single jointed elbows
>hardly any hip range
>DCC figure from 2014
>good articulation
>>
>>6239437
>>6239452
>>6239461
>>6239547

isn't there a DC general to discuss/debate/bitch/moan about DC toys?
>>
>>6239075
Terry pls. Other than that- Freakazoid, New 52/Linda Danvers Supergirl and Lobo
>>
File: 1366686462237.jpg (29KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
1366686462237.jpg
29KB, 500x431px
>>6239567
>revo batman beyond
>>
>>6231726
>i cant pose
>>
File: DSCF3338.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3338.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
queen's blade new legacy figures when

senran kagura figures when
>>
>>6239223
I WISH some of my toys that got chewed on by animals when I was young had damage like that. Nice clean bites.
>>
>>6239831

Seriously, theres a new QB series coming out and everything. Thats gotta at least justify a re-release of the rarer ones or something, right?

And I'd kill for QB style Senran's, as long as muh white haired big titty'd waifu got a figure.
>>
>>6239159
>neutral pose

atleast you know what you're talking about , right?
>>
Did Spider-Man or Deadpool go up in price on the aftermarket? I owe people more money than I'm willing to admit, and I may need to cancel Venom.
>>
>>6239461
>Spawn
now that's a character that needs an amazing yamaguchi
>>
>>6240450

Too bad he's owned by McStatue. Same reason why we're never gonna see a good Nier Automata figure, because Nier is owned by Square.

Ditto for Konami and a good MGS1 figure that isn't tiny, because now MGS has been trashbagged so Konami can go make pachinko machines.
>>
File: crybaby.png (432KB, 688x516px) Image search: [Google]
crybaby.png
432KB, 688x516px
Devilman anime coming to Netflix 2018! Based on the original manga, beginning to the end!

Man, this is the perfect chance for a badass Devlman Revoltech close to the original design.

I'm sure Bandai has their hands all over it and wont happen, but Kaiyodo has done Devilman before, so who knows.

He would fit in the Amazing Yamaguchi as a Japanese hero in the "AmeComi" style.
>>
>>6240642
Might as well right?
Literally every company has done a Devilman in the last 2 years
VAH check
Sh Check
Figma soon to check
>>
>>6240642
Would be nice because they could do it more justice than some of the other lines doing shit. The VAH was overpriced and had some poor engineering choices. The SHF is based on that god awful anime design with the underwear and derpy face. The figma looks nice based on the Takeya sculpt but will probably have less than desirable articulation.

Revoltech would fucking nail it with stylization and sheer range of motion.
>>
>>6240653
VAH and SHF are both Bandai fyi.
>>6240661
Also add Sentinel's Amon. It was okay but one of mine fell apart just from standing still untouched lol. Ahd the wings were small.

I think something will come out of it. SHFs are not that bad anymore so might be okay, but possibly will be overpriced straight to exclusive figure. Or a fucking statue again.
>>
File: FIGURE-028891_07.jpg (85KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-028891_07.jpg
85KB, 800x800px
These just went up but they will be cheaper at HLJ. AmiAmi has higher res promo shots though.

Vulcanlog Kirin
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=FIGURE-028890&page=top
Vulcanlog Kirin U
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=FIGURE-028891&page=top
Vulcanlog Kaiser X
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=FIGURE-028892&page=top

Super excited about Kirin having THREE face plates with pose-able eyes because that's one of my favorite gimmicks on toys these days. Kaiser X seems a bit pricey but he looks nice. Also Glavenus is getting a re-release so anyone who missed him has a second chance.
>>
>>6240707
> Glavenus is getting a re-release so anyone who missed him has a second chance.

Highly recommended, even if you're not into the games it looks fantastic, simple and fun to pose action figure.
>>
>>6240707
now how do we keep all the pretty monhun clothes but also add queen's blade lewd bits
>>
>>6240743
It's revoltech, so you can do your best part swapping with one of the queens blade figs?
>>
>>6240707
nice, don't think i'll get the kirin girls but goddamn that teostra set is beautiful
>>
>>6240707
>Also Glavenus is getting a re-release so anyone who missed him has a second chance.

I didn't even see that guy for sale anywhere in the US. Usually revo's hit Amazon pretty quick, and sometimes they're cheap as fuck.
>>
>>6240707
why is kaiser X so pricey though?
>>
>>6240707
Never played the game, but I always like the design.

Might pick up the normal version because the pantsu amongst the the other clothing is easly defined. But I love the black and green of U.
>>
>>6240777
Transforming weapon adds more parts? More paints? Fewer in production numbers?

Union gives little shit into balancing prices, if it sells they make more of it and bump the price down but for the minor ones they keep it high. That's how I see it anyways, maybe that particular armor set is not that popular?
>>
File: MaleSeltasArmorOnTheRight.png (559KB, 652x672px) Image search: [Google]
MaleSeltasArmorOnTheRight.png
559KB, 652x672px
>>6240798
>Never played the game, but I always like the design.

I've played a shitton of MH and most of the games in the series, and the Kirin armor has always been something propped up by the flood of doujins and random art about it. In-game, the armor itself is usually pretty shitty, because in the games your skill set the armor gives basically determines it's worth, and the Kirin sets usually have pretty crappy skills.

In fact, of the released MH figures, only the Rath and Glavenus armors were actually decent in the games, and even then, it was only just "decent".

Design-wise though, these are all pretty great armors. I wish they'd do Male Seltas armor, that stuff is great looking. Rajang and Lagiacrus armors would also be good.
>>
>>6240820
I just want Narga blademaster with the long sword and I'll be happy.
>>
>>6240820
That's some super robot shit, I want it.

Make it black, silver and red though.
>>
File: SeltasZArmor.png (592KB, 726x631px) Image search: [Google]
SeltasZArmor.png
592KB, 726x631px
>>6240830

Theres no edgelord black version, but there is this variant.

>>6240825

Female Narga with any narga weapon would be great.
>>
File: FIGURE-028892_04.jpg (142KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-028892_04.jpg
142KB, 800x800px
Hope it isn't a balancing act once I try crazier poses in its transformed mode. Though after playing with it in Generations I wish I can make that neat energy blade effect from the in-game Hunter Art.
>>
File: tumblr_mxe3ayqtp91soofyao1_500.png (370KB, 371x704px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxe3ayqtp91soofyao1_500.png
370KB, 371x704px
i would love it if they made picklesaurus armor or better yet deviljho itself
>>
>>6240969

I'd love a Jho revo. He doesn't even have to be bigger than the other ones. Just having a tiny Deviljho on my desk would be awesome.
>>
>>6240722
Always been curious to get him. How's the elbow articulation on him?
>>
>>6241033
90 degrees bend or so, but it's enough. Range for the wrists makes up for it.
>>
Is the Otomo Airou figure good? I really like him and he's cheap enough but his whiskers really put me off when I see pictures of him... is it that bad irl?
>>
>>6240451
I really have never cared for the comics but would buy a classic Spawn revoltech. I also need a non mini revo Solid Snake + Gray Fox figures.

>>6240642
Go Nagai manga Devilman would be a dream revoltech.
>>
>>6240820
Kirin wasn't always that shitty, only because they keep adding bigger and badder monsters after you can fight Kirin. IIRC. it was somewhat decent in the first games. But that has been a long time ago.
>>
File: IMG_1163.jpg (597KB, 663x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1163.jpg
597KB, 663x1000px
>>6241033
This much
>>
File: 3c66815a.jpg (79KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3c66815a.jpg
79KB, 1024x768px
>>6240881
it should be possible to make your own effect. Maybe you could pull it off using the sword effects from the Aura Battler Dunbine series. They are Robot Damashii figures. Granted this effect might be way too small, but like I said it could be used as a base. Also I have seen it used on other swords in the past like Saber's excalibur, but in this case you wouldn't be slipping it over a blade instead attaching it to the end.
>>
>>6241149
>>6241195
I was worried it was just a cut joint in there but that's not actually bad. Definitely getting him now.
>>
>>6240707

Just ordered all three, damn the zinogre hunter and rathalos hunter need to be redone by union, they are horribly out of scale and have that heavily washed grimey armor look.
>>
>>6240839
That is my one fear is if they do make narga it will be the female gunner, but I'd prefer the male blade set since that is my favorite set based on visuals alone.
>>
>>6241329
>them making a gunner at all

Dude they had the perfect oppurtunity to finally give the gunners some love with Kirin while simultaneously giving her a greatsword as well since Kirin is identical for both sets. They will never give gunners any love.
>>
>>6241329

If they ever do Narga it's going to be female Blademaster. Narga's another one of those iconic female sets, for the same reason as Kirin: It's got a billion doujins and fan art pics, and it'll be easier to sell to the weeaboo's because waifu's sell.

>>6241350

Honestly I'm not a fan of most of the Gunner stuff, but I wish they'd have a bit more weapon variety. Wheres the hammer, switch axe, lance, etc. We didn't need 2 more greatsword users when we already had 2 Rath color sets.
>>
>>6241158
>I also need a non mini revo Solid Snake + Gray Fox figures.
Like someone above said, that dream is dead forever. Kojima is gone, Konami is gutting the MGS franchise to make shit-ass zombie shooters, everything is horrible. Goodbye to the series that got me into video games, we had a good run.
>>
>reissuing Glavenus when he is still readily available everywhere
>>
kinda late but I preordered those new MH figures as fast as I could. Feels great that I no longer have to buy that old capcom fig to scratch my itch for a Kirin hunter. Gunner Narga when?
>>
>>6241400
agp gore magala girl has a similar aesthetic
>>
>>6241390

I still haven't found him at a US retailer. Shits weird man.

>>6241405

How is that figure?
>>
>>6241405
yeah, no. Gothic lolita beast lady =! slutty punk cat ninja

Also AGPs are overpriced garbage. Not even Humida and boat waifus can convince me otherwise after getting burned twice
>>
Can those and really, only those who own revoltech Spidey post why I should or shouldn't get him?

I have Venom pre-ordered but am on the fence about how revo Spidey looks. I own plenty of revos and actually like Yamaguchi's work but I somehow have somewhat of a problem with how Spidey's neck, shoulders and knees look.
>>
>>6241424
Okay, first off, I don't own it. HOWEVER...........

Pretty much all the complaints about it have been cosmetic. There's nothing anyone can really tell you that you can't see with your own two eyeballs. If you can put up with the weird looking parts and want the most poseable Spidey figure ever made, buy it. If you can't, don't.
>>
>>6241377
>>6241400
We ain't getting anything other then swords, great big swords. I was honestly a bit shocked at them doing a charge blade for Teostra, that is more of a giant axe then sword. The Japanese have to push the greatsword and longsword all the time for some reason. I guess that stuff is way more popular in the japanese mindset.
>>
>>6241424
>Spidey's neck, shoulders and knees look.
I thought I'd hate them especially from photos and how smooth Deadpool looked in comparison, but handling Spidey in person and throwing him into crazy poses made my worries go away. A big factor to this is that he's a lot more robust than I'd thought where his skinny frame actually helps in keeping the revo joints sturdy in their positioning.
>>
File: 20170206_185019.jpg (878KB, 1636x920px) Image search: [Google]
20170206_185019.jpg
878KB, 1636x920px
>>6241424
I don't really mind the way the sculpt is broken up but he's fun as shit to pose and he's probably on par with Raiden in terms of ease of movement and posability which says a lot for me in thus line. My only nitpick is more web effect parts but that's it.
>>
>>6241436

Honestly surprised they'd try to push the LS, it's long been known as the shitters weapon. GS is usually ridiculous in most of the games, but usually one of the best weapons is always the lance. Honestly surprised we haven't had any lances yet, given that for a long time they were the best weapon, and are always hovering near the top.

Charge Blade did get a lot of love though, probably because when it came out it was powerful as fuck and easy to use.
>>
>>6241471
Depending how they want to push MH then a lancer Hunter isn't out there later down the line. Now the armor choice is what I want to see and the next Revo Monster.
>>
Any idea when Vulcanlog Kirin is going up on HLJ?
>>
>>6241479

I just hope the MH stuff keeps doing well enough for them to keep pushing it. It was a relatively long time between the 2 initial Hunters and the Glav hunter, wasn't it?

And theres SO MANY good armor designs in this series they could literally shit out 100 of these things and still not cover even a quarter of them.
>>
>>6241471
it is not so much about what got love by the players in gameplay, for one thing we can not even entirely be sure the Japanese have the same opinions on weapons we do, but more of an aesthetic point. The japanese love great big swords, not sword and shield, but two handers(regardless of wether the sword is actually held in two hands). Or maybe the japanese companies are under the impression the consumers still prefer that. That happens a hell of a lot in Japan. You just don't do things differently, you go with the status quo. Now things do seem to be changing quite a bit, but it does remain to be seen whether or not it just becomes the new status quo.
>>
>>6241489
Yeah, I still need to get the Glavenus hunter to pair my Rathalos Hunter and cats so I have high hopes he poses well in all that armor.

MH can keep going and I can easily see them making the next push for MH5 whenever that comes or maybe Frontier.
>>
>>6241490
>it is not so much about what got love by the players in gameplay, for one thing we can not even entirely be sure the Japanese have the same opinions on weapons we do

Game-wise, the west does follow the east weapon trends because with this series you either import, or you'll never see the game more likely than not. So then you get saddled with the JPN players, and etc. And if it ever DOES get a western release, well, then you've got a thousand videos all over youtube by then telling everyone whatever the best weapon for that version. So usually all you see is people using that weapon, or LS (because LS shitters are an omnipresent plague in the games, no matter how good or bad the weapon is).

...But if they're just going by aesthetics, then yeah, I guess that could be why we're seeing so many GS's or the bigger weapons. I just get really wary whenever they want to plop a big fat lump of plastic on an itty bitty thin twig of a handle. That shit is just asking for breakages.
>>
I want revo of that armor set you get from the black green t rex brute thing monster
>>
>>6241492

Just be aware, glavenus hunter is almost 2 inches taller than the rathalos hunter. I have all the hunters and the yamaguchi ones are manlets compared.
>>
On an unrelated note for monster hunter people, I found out about a series called monster hunter weapons gallery, now I don't know what scale they are in but they are weapons and I was hoping someone could fill me in if they fit with revo hunters or are they scaled to the sen-ti-nel hunters that capcom released?
>>
>>6241516
I will try hunting down the images again, no promises, but someone did find some review or another of a Figma(saber I beleive) using some monster hunter weapons from the first weapon collection line. I forget the exact name of that line, but it was definitely a different line then the more recent weapons. Also no idea on how the scales compared.
>>
File: RevolcanLogSize.jpg (1MB, 1309x1113px) Image search: [Google]
RevolcanLogSize.jpg
1MB, 1309x1113px
>>6241512

The Vulcanlog stuff as a whole has been bigger than past revo's, hasn't it? I got Venom Snake, and he's pretty goddamn beef mode compared to my older revo's. Not surprised the Glav hunter would follow that weird slight shift in scaling.
>>
>>6241527
>that weird shift in scaling

You mean now they can actually interact with other Figure lines? Thank god
>>
File: IMG_6233.jpg (2MB, 2989x3846px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6233.jpg
2MB, 2989x3846px
>>6241546
>>
>>6241546

That would depend on what kind of figure line you're talking about.

The size shift actually makes them too large for a lot of lines now. The older sizing was much closer to other lines.
>>
>>6241559
Logan is super short and that's the first figure that properly conveys how short he is. Bad example
>>
>>6241559
>>6241571
also the zinogre hunter is wearing armor, unless it is skin tight, imagine how small the dude inside actually is.
>>
What is the verdict on Vulcanlog Goshogun and Baikanfuu?

Both are overpriced and I heard that the former feels like cheap poorly painted PVC.
>>
My Deadpool's right holding hand is kinda lose. Any ideas as to how to fix it?
>>
>>6241742

Possible ways: Hair dryer for 10-20 seconds on highest setting, if it's an open hand, then gently push it more "closed", then hit it with cold water after to set it.

If it's a closed hand (ie: fist with a hole in it) just it with a hair dryer on highest settings for 10-20 seconds, and then just let it sit there for a while (ie: until completely cool, don't ice it, just let it sit there).
>>
>>6241781
Ok, Testing it now.
>>
>>6241836

Also if you need to ever loosen a joint (or whatever) just hit it with a hair dryer on highest settings for 10-20 seconds, with the peg in.
>>
>>6241781
Which method should I use for the gun/sword hands?
>>
>>6241843

Are they open hands or closed fists with a hole in them? I mean, I stated exactly what works with which style of hand.
>>
>>6241848
Kinda both.

It's the pair in the middle.
>>
>>6241857

They look like open hands, so method one.
>>
>>6241861
Ok, thanks.
>>
>>6241861
How long do I wait?
>>
>>6241781
Well, I tried them on again.

HOLY FUCK THAT'S better.

Thanks anon!
>>
>>6241878

Before hitting them with cold water in method one? You do it right after pressing it more "closed". This is to help set the plastic after heating it.

If method 2 you just let it sit around until it's completely cooled off. So like, 20 min, I dunno. I usually just set them down and forget about it for a while. Not like I really time it or anything.

>>6241887

No problem, it's a trick I learned from various Revo/Figma/Daibadi threads here on /toy/.
>>
>>6241712
Yeah you're not wrong. I think the pant on Goshogun is nice but it's matte not shinny like the pics indicated, while Baikanfu was shiny.

Goshogun's wrists SUCKS BALLS so weapon posing is very limited, You need to pullout to get some angles but then the peg is too short so the hand just turns from the weight of the weapon.

Baikanfu is great though. They did glue together the shoulder swivels for sure but the revo joints are enough for posing.

If you see them like current Revo price range I say go for it, Baikanfu first.
>>
>>6241887
>>6241906
Really should have that on the title message every thread from now on eh?

Since I'm usually the OP, I can have

>TIPS
---PVC(the non-joint bits of a Revo) can be reshaped by heat, by hair dryer or hot water.
Too loose, heat with joints out.
Too tight, heat with joints in.
---Cold water can hold the heated PVC in the shape you want it to be, say straightening a bent piece.
---Warning, the harder and thinner the PVC, higher chance the heat can warp it out of control. Like a sword piece.
---Loose sockets for joint pegs can also bi fixed if above method was not enough by sandwiching something between them. Tissue, layer of glue, nail-polish, etc.

...like that? If you got a shorter, better worded version, feel free to modify it mu English is terrible never really learned it properly haha.
>>
>>6242095
Oops, be fixed not bi fixed, strange typo. Ah my brain is in typing Japanese mode these days.
>>
I recently took the double jointed shoulders of Venom Snake and put them on Alucard, and put Alucard's on Snake. I think it works MUCH better on both sides, I recommend you all try it.
>>
File: revoltech-vash-01.jpg (65KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
revoltech-vash-01.jpg
65KB, 400x500px
Why can't I find anyone selling this? Even hyper rare figures like Berserker Amour Guts can be found easily, why can't I find this ass hat?
>>
>>6242115
It takes luck, I usually found him in Mandarake but the price is usually too much for me personally. Best you can do is set up Figinstock or Mandarake alerts on sold out listings and hope for the best.
>>
>>6242145
Anyone got first hand pics?
>>
File: 2017-03-17 22.13.28.jpg (181KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-17 22.13.28.jpg
181KB, 1632x918px
>>6242115
>>6242152
There's like 4 up on Mandarake from 8k-9k
>>
>>6242168
Links?
>>
>>6242189
https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1050811033&ref=list
>>
>>6242196
>https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1050811033&ref=list
Thanks man.
>>
>>6240707
>Kirin has no fist hands
>only comes with single weapon
Bit annoyed about that. It's going to limit some of the posing options because weapon holding hands aren't a replacement for a proper fist. These MH releases in general have a severe lack of hand options. I know she has 3 faces with movable eyes but still I would prefer her at a higher price with some fists and maybe a secondary weapon.

I'm excited for these otherwise.
>>
File: 3836423-sm20992014002-9abdd.jpg (66KB, 416x640px) Image search: [Google]
3836423-sm20992014002-9abdd.jpg
66KB, 416x640px
Can Spider-Man pull off this pose?
>>
File: 20170318_000621.jpg (754KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_000621.jpg
754KB, 3264x1836px
>>6242299
half assed attempt
last posted image was upside down for some reason..
>>
>>6242331
Not bad, anon, thanks. Was hoping use of the ab crunch wouldn't be necessary though
>>
>>6242299
The problem with this pose is that he's compressing his ab area while also baring his chest. To pull this pose off properly you need both hips that can kick up incredibly high (Robot Damashii Evas for example), and ab crunch and waist balljoint with REALLY good range on both.
>>
File: posing.jpg (268KB, 1037x778px) Image search: [Google]
posing.jpg
268KB, 1037x778px
>>6242299
My half ass attempt,tried having the torso joint to the side orientation. I should've added more twist to the chest now that I looked at it again.
>>
>>6242095
Add a link to this: http://revoltechrox.hatenablog.com/
Also posts older Kaiyodo stuff.

>>6242299
I'll give it a try later.
>>
>>6236825
I have Alphas and he's one of my least favorite figures. Great design, sure, but he's so limited in the poses he can actually look good in.

those awesome forearms hurt the elbow and wrist range of motion, super wobbly torso that makes it impossible to pose him airborne since his lower body just sags, and the feet may as well be a solid piece since they can't rock and only have one semi-viable position for standing upright.

I dunno, I wanted to love the figure, but it was really disappointing to me. I'm not sure how much of my issues were specific to the one I got, but still.
>>
>>6242409
Revoltecher's blog, good idea. He's the only dedicated Revo review and toy pic guy I can think of anyways.

Kaiyodo's sites are pretty terrible, spread all over the place, out of date and so on. I don't know a good English site, say for what, my figure collection? Everyone goes there anyways.

Fuck I wish they kept that page for the polls, it was great had most Revos and they could just keep adding to it.

I might have the image somewhere but it's a pain to make it look better, and add text or something.
>>
>>6242334
you were hoping to avoid the use of ab crunch to recreate a pose where he crunches his abs?

Would you like to see that pose without a knee bend, too?
>>
>>6242435
Okay sure Zet was way better but he wasn't that terrible. Sure it's not a Yamaguchi level poseable figure but he wasn't a chunk of solid plastic either.

Joints were not noticeably bad with mine.
>>
>>6242409
Here was that photo.

http://figsoku.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/12-5.jpg

Anyone who actually knows how to make a presentable version, add later stuff, you're awesome.

I don't have the technical skills for it...nor think something like a checklist thing is necessary?
>>
>>6242406
honestly this looks way better than >>6242299
as a convincing pose... I guess it being an actual tangible object goes a long way towards selling the pose. you fuckers are doing a good job of convincing me to get this revoltech...
>>
>>6242076
Okay, thanks.

I ordered Baikanfuu for 3680 yen.

I just hope they make more robot revoltechs in the future.

Are Dark Magician and Blue Eyes Dragon any good?.
>>
>>6242076
It is a first to have a shoulder swivel as all previous revoltechs have the shoulders and biceps fixed onto each other, therefore the biceps could not rotate outwards from the shoulder.

It works for some designs if their shoulders are not too angle dependent for posing.
>>
>>6242503
Yeah it does, because that pic of 2099 was highly improbable and very awkwardly drawn. Just because someone knows how to paint well doesn't mean they have good anatomical knowledge or good sense in how to apply it. The pose, as drawn there, is pretty bad.
>>
>>6242535
Dark Magician is amazing, very poseable being an Yamaguchi sculpt.

Blue Eyes, nothing really wrong with it besides being small, but it feels more like an expressive display piece than an action figure. To me anyways.

Baikanfuu for that price is very much worth it.

I want more robots too, but get Yamaguchi, or just Kaiyodo back into it. Union is fucking it up using Sentinel or pricing them so high.
>>
>>6242538
No plenty of mecha revoltechs had the revo joint and swivel combo for shoulders. Baikanfuu clearly was meant to have the swivels but I think they changed it last minute. Maybe it was too fragile so they glued it all together instead.
>>
>>6241712
Baikanfu feels like some Revoltech figure that should've come out at the same time as the Dancouga one and at the same price.
It's also baffling that despite the feet being so huge there isn't a toe-joint.
>>
>>6242598
Sentinel definitely just copied Yamaguchi's jointing methodology from that era.

Fucking hinged peg wrist joints today? Morons. Use the 4mm or 6mm joints unimaginative fucks.

Dino Getter looks like it has 6mm wrists so I'm pretty excited. Another Getter Revoltech to add to the gallery I guess.
>>
>>6242437
>Revoltecher's blog
I was under the impression this was affiliated with Kaiyodo. They even put Venom prototype shots on there.
>>
File: 20170318_142118~2.jpg (526KB, 3171x1628px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_142118~2.jpg
526KB, 3171x1628px
>>
>>6241559
>i need to show how overly tall this line has become
>i know i'll take a picture of them next to a schoolboy robot and a canonically short marvel character
>>
File: 20170318_145306~2.jpg (647KB, 1984x2360px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_145306~2.jpg
647KB, 1984x2360px
>>6242299
Take 1
>>
File: 20170318_154714~2.jpg (780KB, 2259x2587px) Image search: [Google]
20170318_154714~2.jpg
780KB, 2259x2587px
>>6242679
Take 2

Hard pose to recreate. He's "crunches" forward and pushes out his chest.
>>
fuck it, I'm pre-ordering Spider-Man's reissue release... Might as well, since I have Venom already paid for at the hobby store I frequent.
>>
anyone here also a shf collector? I'm confused whether to get revo Spider-Man or SHFSS Kamen Rider W. Anyone who owns both, would appreciate the opinion. Basically, despite having more than enough funds, I limit myself on my toy purchases because I just have a certain amount I set aside and not touch, so I'm cutting down to getting one really good figure this month.

Just so happens SHFSS Kamen Rider W and revo Spider-Man are about the same price and the only two figures I want out of impending releases.
>>
>>6242730
Both are fine releases but you're getting different things out of them. I love W but the gaia memories are an absolute stress maker since they slip out of his belt easily and are small as shit. However Spidey is getting a re-release so you can't really miss out on him even on aftermarket on Mandarake compared to W so there may be a decent price difference between the two.

Out of playability I'm usually finding myself tweaking Spidey way more than W but if I had the Tamashii Wind Effects then I can see myself messing around with W a little bit more.
>>
>>6242671

No, more like I'll show them next to what I've got. My only ML is Wolverine, and all the Poly's are about the same height, if there was a "tall" one it'd be the schoolgirl/boy figures.
>>
>>6242629
No he is just a fan. He went to WF and played with the sample there.
>>
>>6242641
>>6242679
>>6242681
How strong is the magnet that holds him to walls?
>>
>>6242980
Just a little too weak for my tastes. I've put him on my fridge and the side of my computer and he'll just about stay there if you're careful, but he'll start sliding down at the slightest bump or vibration.
>>
>>6242608
I do have Dancouga from the Yamaguchi era.

Funny thing is that I am regressing back to Revoltechs after buying the Bandai SRCS to replace my Revoltech Getters.

I think the Obari robots look better in Revoltech.

In a way, Revoltechs being 10 years old don't really have an expiry date. Their simple construction and comprehensive accessories make them attractive. They are definitely more stylised and this may turn off people who prefer the more accurate sculpts offered by Bandai(e.g. Patlabor etc).

All in all, I just wanted super robot combiners that don't combine, and Revoltech offers the best ones.
>>
>>6242967
Thanks. The more you know.
>>
>>6243063
Funny thing is Bandai made plenty of stylized robots too but anyone rarely criticized them about it.
>>
>>6242641
>>6242679
>>6242681
I'm waiting for Revo to do Black Suit Spidey.
>>
>>6243352
why are you so confident that they will
>>
>>6243526
Not him, but there're plenty of signs they might as well.
Yamaguchi did one in the past along with Spider-Man, Venom and Green Goblin, and he tends to redo old figures.
Kaiyodo loves doing repaints. In this case retooled but not that difficult to do, just smooth it out.
We got Venom so why not give us that transitional stage.
Spider-Man sells, so if they want to keep making more there are not that many variations they could do that are popular enough. Black and white suit looks good regardless so people would go for it with little knowledge.

I doubt it will be any time soon but if the line keeps going it will likely happen once reissuing Spider-Man takes its toll
>>
File: 132130.jpg (220KB, 1859x1046px) Image search: [Google]
132130.jpg
220KB, 1859x1046px
I got Saber for ¥1000. I'm liking her a lot so far!
>>
I've got about 5 days to make up my mind on Spider-Man preorders... Somehow just can't pull the trigger on it despite it being such an easy decision on Venom.
>>
>>6243739
She looks surprisingly good.
>>
>>6243743
I'm debating getting a second one along with another spidergwen because my nieces came over today and were absolutely infatuated my him.
>>
>>6243743
You can always sell him off.
>>
>>6243898
you're right... that is exactly what I suggested to those on the fence about Venom. I guess I'll pre-order Spider-Man and buy Kamen Rider W SHFSS if he's still there next month.
>>
>>6242435
Turns out I had Alphas out and about, so took a closer look.

I'm not sure what more you can expect for the design, the articulation is pretty good.

If the ball joint for the torso is loose, then yeah that would suck. If you can't pop out the joint you could blast the area with heat, hope it expands and increase friction. If you got the skills replacing that ball joint with a revolver joint looks doable.
>>
>>6243743
It's because thay are so fucking expensive and they are such a small figures.

Venom looks amazing and he will be excellent for posing and photographs.

But he's like $60 plus import shipping

(or if you go with a place like BBTS*don't do this* he''s $85 plus shipping

*why don't do this? BBTS shipping in the US is a always a minimum over $5. even their cheapest, slowest shipping method. Plus, their standard price has you paying basically what you'd pay to ship it from Japan anyway)

I love Venom but even I'm not sure I'm going to get him. So even if you're really sure about Venom, I can understand your hesitation
>>
I hope Movie Revo will tackle War Machine again, preferably the third one. The first War Machine Revoltech is one of the best, but it's way smaller compared to later releases.
>>
>>6238589
>>6238592
>>6238595
>>6238599
>>6238745
I was on the fence waiting for the eventual figuarts, and the first promo shots on that one look like shit, guess I'm getting this revoltech
>>
>>6247074

There was little doubt the revo was going to be the best.
>>
>>6247397
I was surprisingly impressed with the articulation of the new figma archetypes, and they didn't look that choppy. If they made super heroes in a similar fashion those could be some serious contenders.
>>
>>6245214
yeah, honestly, I'm a bit surprised, the prices I'm paying for SHF and revo now are the prices I used to pay and sometimes do pay for SIC figures. However, I will say one thing, Kaiyodo hasn't failed me QC wise and shf and figma both have a few times now.

Venom revoltech, I've just always wanted a figure of him by Yamaguchi and I happen to like the stylization, it really works for me. Spider-Man's sculpt is a bit rough for me, even though I'm a fan of Yamaguchi's but some anons here really make that figure look super fun looking. I guess... with me definitely getting Venom and Wolverine, might as well grab Spider-Man. Those 3 really are the only US/superhero figures I used to buy as a kid, other than TMNT (grew up in Asia, so I was definitely mostly a Kamen Rider + Ultraman kid).
>>
>>6240707
Kind of disappointed that both Kirin sluts come with the same GS. Though picking a color is nice, I think there was a lost opportunity.

>>6240777
Charge Blade tax.
>>
>>6247929
a lto of lost oppurtunity on kirin. could have had a second gunner weapon too since the gunner and blade armor is identical
>>
>>6243565
Black Spider-Man (Miles Morales anyone?) may be able to alleviate some of the unsightly gaps with black joints and a black suit.

>Green Goblin
Holy shit, I think Yamaguchi could pull it off really well. I always wanted some kind of surfer or skater but Green Goblin has his air glider and bombs. Would lend itself incredibly well to crazy air poses with missile and explosion effects.
>>
>>6248284
I don't see them doing Miles Morales. He's not popular enough, and as a young teenager would require a whole different body type, when the whole point of a Symbiote Suit figure would be that it's a very simple remold with a minimalist paint job.
>>
Making next thread now.
>>
Next >>6248740
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.