[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how does your girlfriend feel about your toy-loving ways?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 13

File: Yoko5s.jpg (152KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Yoko5s.jpg
152KB, 800x1200px
So how does your girlfriend feel about your toy-loving ways?

Is she a fan too, or does she give you shit for it?
>>
>>6235881
My wife texts me whenever she sees Legos for sale on the local Facebook flea market to ask if I want her to buy them for me.
>>
>>6235881
Got shit for it once or twice when she was pissed, it was just another thing I was spending money on when we weren't very rich in the first place. Otherwise it's pretty calm. She doesn't love it or hate it.
>>
>>6235881
GF didn't really care for figures when we started dating.
Currently, after getting into anime and manga, she owns a decent amount of figures.
>>
>>6235881
What figure is this? Can't remember the name of the character.
>>
>>6235899
Never mind, I found it.

>9 inches tall

I like amazon snu snu women but that's a silly scale.
>>
>>6235881
Well, my wife collects Poison Ivy stuff, so not really. She does give me a bit of flak if I am wanting to buy something really expensive, though
>>
>>6235881
>>girlfriendo

I can't afford that shit
>>
>>6235881
My what?
>>
>>6235942
>giving OP what he wants
>>
>>6235881
>first was ok with it but actively tried to stop me spending so much, she also never had the same interest apart from some anime statues
>second doesn't connect to them either but she ENCOURAGED me to buy more
>third likes funko pops and cutesy animal things, would actively try to buy anything I looked at for least 20 seconds regardless of price, resulting in in store wrestling contest

I still speak to my first because she was the responsible one, the second just gets a hi from time to time.

Third dropped because even I'm aware I have too much, though ironically its been a gate way for more
>>
She thinks they're cool but doesn't like the idea of me spending so much on them. I dont even have that many figures but she thinks I should be saving my money on other things, which I dont blame her. No one would think articulated hunks of plastic are worthy purchases unless they collect them themselves.
>>
>>6235998
>third likes funko pops

Better search for a fourth one then, anon.
>>
File: AinsleySmile.jpg (189KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
AinsleySmile.jpg
189KB, 2197x1463px
>>6235881
>So how does your girlfriend feel about your toy-loving ways?

she likes what i like, but considering she's my right and left hand it was to be expected.
>>
>>6235881
Which Yoko is this?
>>
>>6236140
It's not too late to sign up for that online reading comprehension course.
>>
>>6236161
https://www.amazon.com/Yamato-Neuromancer-003-Gurren-Lagann/dp/B008XG3W5I
>>
H-ha... ha.
>>
>>6235881

She used to not mind it but now she gives me shit over it all the time. But that bitch buys me stuff for special occasions so I have the last laugh
>>
>>6235881
which yoko figure is that? i've been wanting to get one but i'm not sure which one to get, that one looks pretty good.

anyway my gf really likes my nendos. thinks they are cute.
>>
Kinda feel bad for all these folks saying "my GF/wife gets mad if I spend too much on them." Mine encourages me, especially since I tend to waffle on things that are expensive.
>"This toy looks cool, but is it worth $600?"
>"That's not a lot of money. Just buy it if you want it."

She's gotten into toy collecting herself and blames me. When we got together she didn't collect anything. Couple years later and now her desk at home and at work are covered in figures and statues.
>>
>>6236149
Polyamorers leave!
>>
I collect toys to fill the void of loneliness.
There's an emptiness in me that I fill with stuff.
>>
File: 1477252468081.png (233KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477252468081.png
233KB, 480x640px
>>6235881
I'm the girlfriend, he can't say shit since I pay for my own stuff and if he does decide to say anything I just refuse to put out for a while.
>>
>>6236753
> Pretend to order a large box
> Put dildo inside
> When boyfriend asks, tell him you decided to get him a present
> Give him the box, tell him he can try it out, wink and leave the room
> Optional: record his reaction
>>
My Wife lets me have my own office, which we just moved into a new house so its not set up at all yet. Need to paint first.
>>
>>6236871
Paint the wife, then you'll get the whole house to yourself.
>>
>>6236699
>$600
>That's not a lot of money
Just how rich are you?
>>
>>6236753
You sound like a bitch
>>
>>6237391
You're on 4chan, where everyone is a six and a half feet tall Adonis, makes $400,000 a year, and is in relationship with a kinky nerd girl who shares all their autistic interests.
>>
>>6235881

>admitting to having a gf on 4chan

get out of my board
>>
>>6237404
You got tricked by a post on 4chan.
>>
>>6237426
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>6237430

No, seriously, it used to be one of those things like admitting you are leddit that would lead to a chain of replies of GTFO or tits or gtfo.
>>
>>6237420
yo hol' up! das me!
>>
Boyfriend says /toy/ soldiers are autistic. Jokes about how carefully I handle my toys. But the jokes on him because he's Aspergers and I'm neurotypical.
>>
>>6235883
>Legos
>>
File: 4L_c4hlOy2o.jpg (133KB, 555x1124px) Image search: [Google]
4L_c4hlOy2o.jpg
133KB, 555x1124px
I think my boyfriend is growing quite concerned the more I ramble to him about my collection habits and new toys coming out
>>
She'd reminisce about when she had time to play with toys and had a Bionicle herself. She simply is studying for something that eats up too much time to properly collect anything.

Well, I don't know about nowadays, probably though. No complaints about money spent since everything else was always taken care of and really only 1 in 10 figures are the kind you have to buy to avoid scalper prices forever.
>>
>>6237431
>tfw no gf was ruined by normies
I've been dating the same las for awhile tho. She supports my figure collecting. Understandably judges my more expensive purchases. But together we've created a huge vinyl figure collection. She also finds robots, mechas, and Eva's frightening
>>
>>6235881
She's ok with it, as long as I don't spend all my money on it and I don't will our whole house with this stuff (I have 2 shelves and one table for changing displays).

Then again I make twice as much money as her so I get to spend it as I please.
>>
>>6235881
I really wish I had a gf. This semester is the one where I'll get one, I just know it.
>>
>>6235881
She collects lego and amiibers. She also has a couple of random figma and revoltechs, and a strangely vast collection of Star Wars/Other Property blasters and roleplay weapons.

She doesn't really seem bothered by what I do.
>>
>>6236870
What would that accomplish?

>>6237404
How so? He talks shit, he doesn't get shit
>>
>>6237722

Ditto.
>>
File: 1486423640758.jpg (111KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486423640758.jpg
111KB, 1280x720px
My wife is a good soul winning christian who collects nenodriods.

Christian weebs are god tier women.
>>
>>6235881
that Yoko figure is ridiculous, I've never wanted to hot glue a figure until today
>>
>>6235881
My girlfriend loves all the cute loli figures, she is obsessed with it. More than me.
>>
>girlfriends
>4channel.com
Have I stepped into another realm?
>>
>>6238278
girls have low standards too
some even grosser than men!
>>
>Recently started a relationship after 2 years of unsuccessful dating.
Yay me.
>Have large most robot toy collection.
>Girlfriend spends more time looking at me than looking at robots.
Its just not a concern of hers. Also I've consciously kept all toys out of the bedroom. That probably helps.
>Also had a discussion about how it upsets me when all robot toys are called transformers.
>>
File: General Zod You Are Not Alone.gif (815KB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
General Zod You Are Not Alone.gif
815KB, 500x208px
>>6238288
>had a discussion about how it upsets me when all robot toys are called transformers.

I know that feel.
>>
>>6236870
>bf decides what the hell

>lubes up and go for a ride

>leaves you the next day and moves out to be with Bruno his new bear boyfriend.
>>
>>6235881
Yoko a SHIT
Why would anyone ever want a figure of her?
>>
>>6238461
Because look at those mams!
>>
My girlfriend is the one who got me into collecting figures so...
>>
>>6235881
Gf first ds it cute the way I semi obsess over gunpla, got her, her own kits
>>
File: legoes.gif (147KB, 260x217px) Image search: [Google]
legoes.gif
147KB, 260x217px
>>6237436
>>
>>6239745
Is that even English? Jesus, man, learn to string words together properly to make coherent sentences.
>>
>>6239745
Did you have a stroke?
>>
>>6240023
>>6239985

Was drinking heavily when I posted this, in my drunken state it looked fine to me, what I was trying to say is my Gf thinks it's cute how I enjoy building gunpla, and I've gotten her into it as well
>>
My girlfriend had a decent amount before we started dating but almost all statueshit, only after we started going out did she get more into Figmas and plamo.
>>
Generally she thinks they are neat, and is happy I like them. She also has a collection of American Girl and Barbie dolls, a mix from when she was a child and more recent ones she picked up after my collection got her interested in toys again, plus I got her hooked on mixels. Now she's pretty passionately into the idea that people should never stop playing with toys.
>>
>>6237404
Man, if someone shit on my hobby i wouldn't want to fuck them for a few days either.

Being a douchebag is a turnoff.
>>
File: let off some steam bennett.gif (3MB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
let off some steam bennett.gif
3MB, 300x167px
I rarely receive comments/complains regarding spending too much, but when I do I remind her that she regularly spends £20-50 on various tiny bottles, tubes, and palettes of makeup that last maybe 6 months tops.

Also I work over 40 hours a week so I can spend my money on whatever the fuck I want.
>>
>>6235881
Girlfriend collects just as much as I do.
>>
File: WHITE KNIGHT BAR 25G.jpg (11KB, 600x144px) Image search: [Google]
WHITE KNIGHT BAR 25G.jpg
11KB, 600x144px
>>6240559
Slow down, Seymour. She's not going to have sex with you.
>>
>>6235881
She's cool with it, we both collect threeA figures together.
>>
>>6235881
First GF liked gunpla, so no problem, too bad we broke up since she had to move to another state.
Second one was fine at first, but when she learned how much my gokin cost, she started shaming me, saying things like I better spend the money taking her on vacation to europe or to fancy restaurant.

Third, my fiancee now is fine with it, she doesn't really care about my toys, but will still accompany me to cons and watch robot anime together with me sometimes. She's fine with me spending my money on toys as long as it's still on my budget.
>>
>>6240953
>Le white knight meme

I'm speaking for myself there, boyo.
>>
>>6241428
Well I won't fuck you either.
>>
My boyfriend is generally supportive of it but I'm not supportive when he does it at all because he pays scalper prices like a retard and then cries and whines when he can barely pay his fucking bills.
>>
NORMIES LEAVE REEEEEEEEE
>>
I dont have any, but the guy who gets to live in the future with me will get access to a lot of monsters and robot toys to play if he is into them
>>
My girlfriend has a bigger collection than I do, I'm just the only one autistic enough to come here.
>>
>>6236149
Right *and* left? Don't flatter yourself.
>>
>>6238044
Most I know are prudes.
>>
File: 1484083248273.png (475KB, 691x801px) Image search: [Google]
1484083248273.png
475KB, 691x801px
She is generally interested when it comes to them. I'm not excessive by any means and handle my money well. We can have conversations about them and she is just excited by them as I am at times. Feels good.
>>
>been talking to this guy for awhile now
>he's a really sweet normie
>knows I'm a weeb
>thinks it's eccentric, but cute
>he doesn't know about my chinese toys
wew, lads
>>
>>6244789
let him put it in your butt
>>
>>6244789
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

would kill for a qt weeb girl, unfortunately, I have no idea where to find them here in SoCal
>>
>>6235881
I'm the girlfriend but he got into them really fast, mostly /v/ stuff but he's interested in everything I order.
>>
>>6235881
My wife tells me I'm silly to be ashamed, and that its a cool hobby and she's jealous that she doesn't have a similar hobby.

I really like her.
>>
>Have girlfriend
>I start getting into Jojo and SAS line
>Oh anon you and those silly jojos haha!
>Get her a Link Nendoroid
>She loves it
>She now also has an addiction to chinese toys like I do

She's now trying to preorder all the Yuri on Ice guys.
>>
>>6244804
>Florida
What could have been, anon?
>>
>>6237551
buy more hot girl figures
>>
Gf loves it, she even collects the mezco Trek line and Love Live figmas.
>>
Mine gf loves my toys she collects a few of her own ... Mostly firefly and doctor who stuff. But she listens to my BS about them and sometimes buys them for me
>>
>>6244804
>in SoCal
Are you fucking blind, bro?
The only places they're more common in is down in Austin and up in Oregon
>>
>>6245209
Nor Cal is also littered with them as well.
>>
Mine just teases me about being a dork for all my gunpla. But she goes crazy over pop figures so at least it balances out
>>
>>6235881
She buy's Masterpiece Transformers and 3rd party toys. Takes poses and photos of them to then use as references to draw them. She also buys Monster High dolls strips them and uses them to draw lewd art She is far more gone in fandoms than I am.
>>
File: 1489208526638.png (233KB, 476x447px) Image search: [Google]
1489208526638.png
233KB, 476x447px
>>6244804
Nigga I live in the Soest part of Cal and weeb girls are fucking everywhere. They're also really shitty
>>
>>6244941
>She's now trying to preorder all the Yuri on Ice guys.

R.U.N
U.
N.

Nothing is more crazy and mental than a yaoi fan girl.
>>
My gf thinks it's cute seeing me set up little scenes with my Lego superheroes. It's fun finding what scenes will make her smile

Women's march? Put all my DC and Marvel Ladies marching for justice

Valentine's Day? Mera and Aquaman sharing a seafood dinner

I'm a lucky guy
>>
>>6252120
not that anon, but yaoi fans sometimes have gems that aren't autistic spergs
take it from me [toyspoiler]I married one[/toyspoiler]
>>
>>6237945

I told myself that every semester. Now I'm graduating in a couple months and still never had a gf.
>>
My wife's collection is better than my own. She has a bunch of older godzilla toys in really good condition and a couple of sh monster arts too while most of my collection is figmas, wrestling figures, and a couple of necas
>>
>>6237945
>>6255424

What are you guys in? High school or college? If it's college, best go allocate some time for workouts. I have an interest in martial arts so I signed up for boxing, then some gym mates in there suggested I try out muay thai and BJJ, got me in shape, got me to know a lot more people too. Toys is something easy enough to upkeep, just check 4chan for announcements or pre-order dates, then work for the money for the ones you want and it's a done deal as a hobby.

Get laid in college, once you go to work, depending on what work you get, you MIGHT end up meeting less people. When I worked a corporate job, I met a lot more girls (I was in marketing) than when I finally landed a job in SF in games (met mostly dudes... or investor bro types). There's also the added complication of, "well shit I'm supposed to be professional with this person, I shouldn't bang her". In college? Bang anyone attractive you are interested in, worst that can happen is they don't talk to you anymore.
>>
>>6235881
I haven't been able to find a girlfriend in the wild, yet. I tried ordering one from Japan, but she's been sitting in customs for like, ever.
>>
>>6244937
sounds like my gf. i hide my collection when people come over except when she's around.
>>
>>6236714
>>6242619
>Not knowing the joy of feeling one hand work the shaft while another teases the balls, taint, and/or anus.

Get on my level.
>>
>>6236753
Strong wymyn, you go girl! XD
>>
>>6236753
So you don't enjoy sex, which is why you use it to bargain?
>>
>>6236753
that picture is really cute

sauce on the character?
>>
>>6238288
>that last part
heh
>>
I'm the girlfriend. We both collect figures/gaming merchandise, he collects games and I have a collection of BJDs. I encourage his collecting and I even moved my dolls out of my Detolf so he could set up his expensive Spice and Wolf stuff/Tales Of collection in there. I buy him expensive figures as presents and in the past I've bought him rare/exclusive stuff when he couldn't afford it so that he wouldn't miss out. His friends tease him and say that I'm a mommy gf.
>>
>>6255996

Amazon from dragons crown.

Click the arrow next to the post number > image search > google.
>>
File: IMG_5463.jpg (2MB, 3024x3583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5463.jpg
2MB, 3024x3583px
She doesn't care as long as I'm buying her shit too. The second I get broke she has a meltdown. She's partially right I do need to relax on buying stuff so often, but she can be a real bitch about it
>>
my gf doesn't really care, and i don't really care about what she buys/is into either. As long as she's happy.

We're both pretty responsible too.

>>6238271
You're gf sounds awesome. my gf doesn't mind my few loli figs either. She's the best.
>>
Wife does not care as long as we can still afford bills and food.
>>
>>6244804
what area of so cal. LA area is like central for weeb cons, there LT. go to events, join groups. like wtf dude get out there.
>>
>>6252120
my gf's one of those. It's fine.
>>
Hey I'm just glad my girlfriend hates Funko Pops as much as I do! In fact we hate a lot of the same things. That's important too.
>>
>>6244946
Tampa?
>>
>>6256002
>I'm a mommy gf
That's fucked up
>>
File: IMG_3179.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3179.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
She has a couple anime figures of her own and doesn't mind it at all. If anything I tend to be more hard on myself if the collection gets too big, so every year I sell off impulse buys and various things at a anime/gaming fan event at the local park.

She hasn't even given me shit for the small collection of figures of Rias from Highschool DxD I've amassed since she ended up liking the series too. Very glad to have ended up with someone sane and very lucky to have NOT ended up with one of the raging controlling bitchcunts of the world.
>>
>>6258129
>Yumi in a scanner
Patrician.
>>
GF likes toys too.
She's recently thrown a couple of Gundam IBO kits at me because she wants to see them on the robot shelf, and doesn't into clipping/painting/etc.

I recently watched her set one of our younger gaming buddies straight over whether or not all mobile suits were Gundams.
>>
>>6252120
Everyone likes Yuri on Ice mang, it got so popular like AoT that every normie even a little into anime likes it and certainly every girl. Might as well say something stupid like 'she likes the Link nendo, sign of a crazy yaoi girl, dump her'
>>
>>6256098
aren't they all normies that proclaim evangelion is the best and are into flavor of the month? It's like scene kids.
>>
>>6242164
Sit him down and educate him on where to buy.
>>
>tfw originally got into toys because of exgf
>tfw now all I have left are the good memories and the toys
>>
There's occasional playful and funny banter. I try not to dump too much toy stuff on her - I will show her pictures or ask her to retouch something for me.

She's glad I'm supportive and understanding with most things and so she extends that courtesy to me as well.
>>
>>6252120
Most yaoishitters seem fine to me. I think it's just a vocal minority thing.
>>
>>6236753
Fair enough if you dry right up and aren't in the mood to have sex with a douche, but this sounds awfully like using sex for bargaining, like that other anon said.
That's pretty disgusting. Do you also harbor grudges and take vengeance?
>>
>>6264488
>this sounds awfully like using sex for bargaining
>the bargain is "Stop insulting me and I will continue to have sex with you"

It's funny to see people concocting these scenarios just because they need to portray certain parties as the antagonists.
>>
my wife tells me to stop being a faggot and "cowboy up" if I'm ever unsure about a purchase she knows I like and can easily afford.

Yeah... we're gonna be ok :)
>>
She started out calling it "cute" but after almost 2 years of being together, she's changed her tune to "dumb gay bullshit." However, she still buys me things if I genuinely want them (got the limited edition Booty O's New Day figures for our anniversary) and it's by no means a genuine barrier to us getting along so it's a non issue really. I do wish she was more accepting though.
>>
>>6264529
Well, she did say that rather than have a meaningful discussion about something that is important, she just uses sex as punishment.
>>
I'm a 37 y/o cable guy. It's weird to me some places I go into. I've had ONE decent conversation about Transformer MP stuff with a guy. I don't even into TF. The rest all collect a bunch of trash. Tons of Funko.

The weird ones to me are the hoarder level collectors that save like Loot Crate shit along with actual childhood stuff. Tons of just literal plastic shit all over the place, usually covered in dust if not already mixed into trash.

But.

I can't talk much. I'm an alcoholic that balances money between bills, beer, and toys. I pay scalper/late fees when I get an itch. Narrowing down my "tastes" but sometimes I still (rarely) compulsively click and dump cash for no reason past the point of order confirmation.

Been with my GF about 4~5 years. She doesn't toy. Does game. Does comics. Different tastes but we talk. She lets me do me. Is getting slightly annoyed b/c of limited space and I'm essentially just stacking boxes I can't even see into a shelf. Starting to bleed into her designated book shelf. I appreciate her patience with it, though. She even took me to the local comic con so I could go bonkers for my b-day recently.

She collects plants and flowers and shit, though. That's so fucking weird.
>>
I was worried about my girlfriend and what she thought.

She didn't seem to bat an eyelid when she saw my shelves of shit. Cool, but surprising.

Then I went to her house to find she has like four bookcases worth of yaoi manga.

I'm the casual in this relationship.
>>
Token lesbian, BJD collector, manga collector. Wife does lolita occasionally. We both cosplay. She sometimes gets upset about the money that's gone into the too damn many dolls and figures I have, but she's a good sport about it.
>>
>>6268368
Not trying to be a tool or That Guy or w/e but have you looked into therapy and/or a support group? You sound like you may have a more general addiction/impulse control/decision-making disorder.
Thread posts: 134
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.