[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ttl/- Toys to Life General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 24

File: 1463177842191.png (659KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463177842191.png
659KB, 1600x900px
Come here to talk about all your favorite Toys to Life stuff; Skylanders, Amiibo, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions and whatever third party stuff from companies jumping on the money train.

Please remember to take actual game discussion to >>>/v/ where you'll likely get trolled and not find anything of interest. Please take your trolling to >>>/b/ where I'm sure no one will care about your shit opinion.

>Pastebinned Info
http://pastebin.com/KEq5q6gM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming Releases Calendar:

Skylanders:
>Actvision will NOT release a new Skylanders game in 2017. However they will continue to roll out some new updates for Imaginators including a some new Adventure Sets and maybe new characters?

Amiibo:
>Yarn Poochy released in Feb
>Breath of the Wild amiibos are launching in March; Link w/Crossbow, Link on Epona, Zelda, Bokoblin, and Guardian
>Fire Emblem Echos will get a amiibo double pack featuring Alm and Celica

Dimensions:
>Lego Batman Movie Story pack out now
>Excalibur Batman Fun Pack out now
>Knight Rider Fun Pack out now
>Marceline (Adventure Time; previously a TRU exclusive) is out now everywhere.
>Hermoine is coming sometime this year in a separate fun Pack.

Infinity:
>RIP in Piss
We could have been great.
>>
File: cXdLX3R.jpg (127KB, 693x1119px) Image search: [Google]
cXdLX3R.jpg
127KB, 693x1119px
Looks like we have our first look at Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls set too.
>>
>>6190731
That logo's pretty cool.

My concern is just that it's based more on the current reboot thing than anything fun.
>>
>>6190731
>the little tuft of hair sticking up

Fug, it's nu-PPG
>>
Would you guys recommend Lego Dimensions? Target has a cartwheel deal on the game and I'm kinda interested.
>>
Who's hyped for the next round of Disney Infinity? There hasn't been anything new recently, so the next wave should be just around the corner...
>>
>>6192091
If theres three franchises you love and some you like, take the plunge. The game hinges on your love of the source material.
>>
Why is it called Toys To Life?

Shouldn't it be called Toys to Game? or Life to Game lol
>>
Are 99 Cents Only stores still stocking Lego Dimensions? 2 weeks ago I got Dr. Who level pack, back to the future level pack, Benny, and most of Ninjago, but Lloyd.

Also the Loot Crate Lego Dimension sets are: Benny, Unikitty, Bad Cop, Wonder Woman, or Cyborg.
>>
With Mcfarlene making terrible Steven U building toys, the odds of them in year 3 are nil.
>>
>>6195216
the only useful thing i found was Wicked Witch. she's a great gandalf replacement. nothing but Gollums, Gimlis, Craggers and sometimes Homer in 4 stores i know of
>>
So what are the best amiibo on the market? Sculpt-wise, or functionality with games, I'm looking to expand my collection beyond just the Smash line.
>>
>>6195172
I think the idea was with Skylanders who actually have a trademark on Toys To Life, the physical toys "come to life" in the game.

>>6195216
Is there like a chain of these on the west coast or something? I seriously want a BTTF pack and would totally bite on more Ninjago shits for 99 cents.
>>
>>6196314
The regular Mario ones do stuff in a few different games, I would say it'd be a good idea to grab the Zelda series ones now, or preorder the ones for BotW as they'll do stuff in that game. The Smash and Zelda series ones do the same things to my knowledge in Hyrule Warriors and I think they did something in Twilight Princess

Animal Crossing ones work on both the Wii U shitfest game, the Happy Home Academy and now the updated New Leaf.

Splatoon ones only work in Splatoon but we know there's a outfit for your mii in the update Mario Kart for Switch and the Splatoon ones will work again in Splatoon 2. The boy, girl and squid are the best because they unlock quite a few challenge mode levels that you can play on to earn coins and weapons/outfits.

If you check Walmart and Best Buy (or Amazon too) they likely have a lot of figures on sale. I know I just saw some on Walmart's website for like $3.
>>
>>6196546
>f you check Walmart and Best Buy (or Amazon too) they likely have a lot of figures on sale. I know I just saw some on Walmart's website for like $3.

It sucks that I'm a britbong, the Zelda and Mario ones are sold out everywhere and sales on amiibo are fucking mythical.
>>
File: C5H85UCVcAMNOdV.jpg (176KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C5H85UCVcAMNOdV.jpg
176KB, 1200x900px
GameXplain got their Switch in, and the Guardian amiibo....its fucking huge.

In case anyone else wasn't following along, the Guardian is $20 and the rest of the BotW amiibo are $16
>>
>>6199912
It looks like it's wider/shorter than the MH amiibo. Kinda disappointing desu.
>>
>>6200297
The bases are all the same size, right? You can look at the preview images and hold an amiibo in your hands and get a good grasp of it.
>>
>>6199912
oh boy 20$ for 300 rupees yaaaay
>>
>>6201450
>complain about gameplay problems
>>/v/
>complain about prices
>>/toy/
>>
Anyone see the Night Rider set for Lego Demensions? I heard it was out but I've only seen the Batman story and the Batman Knight figure.

I read a couple reviews that the gameplay wasn't great, but I sort of want to complete the set of odd TV show characters.
>>
>>6203133
Game Stop exclusive.

Not sure if that's just for now or foreverl
>>
Dimensions question:

My ET Phone Home item shows up in game as a weird gold phone instead of red, as if something didn't load correctly. Do I reregister the toy tag or redownload the whole ET pack? Or is it something else?
>>
>>6203139
OH fuckin' duh. Thank you.
I heard Marceline just released market-wide, I imagine any Gamestop exclusives will be similar.
>>
>Infinity shit hitting mad low prices
>STILL can't find Judy Hopps or Antman

Fuck me
>>
>>6190726
It seem there is somebody trying to get into the Skylanders bussiness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWMIq6o_-w4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtfgqPsUxyw

Interesting how they are trying to innovate, but who knows if People would care to keep the line alive.
>>
>>6203293
The problem I see with that line is that they're maybe spreading too thin. Like, there's a game, but it doesn't look great. There's a card game, but it looks kind of dollar-store generic. There's a toy which looks like an actual real "I want to play with this" sort of action figure, and that's great, but it isn't really the same sort of collectible style thing that nerds go after.

I think there are some kids that would totally get into this, but long-term business doesn't look great, to me.
>>
>>6203323
maybe, the bad thing about getting into the game later, is that the game, is probably going to lack content and fall short, because the other companies have more resources and more years of experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hCevAC-vJg
But If they have success they will release the rest of the other "element heroes"
>>
>>6203293
>>6203589
I was almost gonna back this on Kickstarter but backed out because I need more ttl shit like I need a hole in my head

It seems like a cool concept but the whole thing is just far too close to Skylanders I think. They'd really have to set themselves apart with the toys being actual action figures I think. I think it was remiss to make a card came too because Skylander's card game bombed and there's no way for a company to capture lightning in a bottle like hearthstone

It looks like right now they have an exclusive partnership with TRU but that could change I suppose unless TRU is helping to fund their shit.

The figures from the Toy Fair looked like they were pretty big, even the weapons looked large.
>>
>>6203599
I like that they look like real toys and good looking at that,
Would worry about how expensive is each toy.

And to be fair, Disney died, and don't know if the others lines are strong.
>>
>>6203323
>>6203589
I have a great feeling this will bomb hard. the game probably wont be that great like all phone games. also the figures have lights, joints, sound AND vibration which means theyll be so pricey and end up at a Ross a year later.

I still want that Tyrax though
>>
>>6203589
>Highly articulated and poseable
Doesn't look like it to me, but okay. Tyrax doesn't even have a neck, knees, or elbows, for fucks sake.
>>
>>6205068
Ya, sadly it seems to be just in and out at the arms and legs. That was a disappointment, but according to them it's for stability reasons, the weight of the weapons, etc.
>>
>>6196314
Sculpt wise, all Zelda ones are gorgeous. Mario ones are nice and bright, Monster Hunter are defo the cream of the crop though. If you can get them without breaking the bank, they're great.
>>
Anyone have any insight on just2good's post today that Dimensions is done? Think he's stirring the post, or think he's legit?
>>
>>6207988
He said we were getting Power Rangers and "Sports".

We won't know til June at the latest, since thats when year 2 was announced.
>>
>>6203185

Do you have Chrome Armor selected?

Also, has anyone seen Excalibur Batman? Is he exclusive to a store?
>>
>>6208297
I got mine at Target, but my local stores don't always stock up on time. My Best Buy didn't get Dimensions (2) stuff until a couple months after release, even though they sold it online.
>>
File: knux.jpg (73KB, 515x657px) Image search: [Google]
knux.jpg
73KB, 515x657px
Hey, Anyone try finding a new glitched that worked similar to this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVPN_Br1L6Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbhfjaMfpMw

it got patched for being too Awesome.
>>
>>6205068
That's what flies as "heavily articulated" nowadays.
They're also limited to accommodate their game components.
>>
>>6208035
he said that based on 4chan leaks we all fell for. Dimensions is dead
>>
>>6209330
I honestly wouldn't doubt it. Lots of the figures have wound up reduced down to $5, some people have even found them at dollar stores. For a brand like Lego that prides itself on being a "premium" that's product suicide.

It was nice while it lasted I guess. Dimensions does have the ability to continue to produce new characters and stuff though that presumably would be added through updates. Maybe they'll take the year off like Skylanders.

So basically just amiibo are left as the big player with LightSeekers up and coming? Amiibo at least will continue to be a part of Nintendo's brand for the foreseeable future I think.
>>
Bayonetta and Cloud amiibos when?
>>
>>6209330
>
I am allowed to say this now - what I heard Year 3 was going to be bigger than year 2 - there was going to be a new peripheral (a collaboration between TT Games, LEGO, and PhotonX) that would've wiped out all other toys to life competition. The device would allow any character and vehicle you want in the game. No idea how that would have worked. Well, it won't happen now unfortunately.
>-Just2Good

This isn't even good trolling.
>>
Does anybody know when the next Skylanders waves is supposed to arrive in the UK? I've heard next to nothing.
>>
>>6209950
he's right - lego dimensions fags on suicide watch
>>
>>6210049
March 10th apparently, but I don't think we're getting the easter figures
>>
I heard skylanders is getting cancelled, which is a shame because i was contemplating getting into it. is there any point in me doing so? or is it going to be like DI and there's absolutely no point, or is it a legitimately fun series outside of the hype for new releases?
>>
>>6212117
Supposedly it's just skipping a year rather than being cancelled. There's still a sequel set for 2018.
>>
>>6212117
They also said that apparently they'll be releasing more figures instead of a sequel game. It's hard to get details though, so some people are afraid it just means they'll be stretching out the figures already set for release and not actually make new ones that are DLC.
>>
File: IMG_4493.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4493.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Thoughts on my custom Toon Link amiibo? Someone from the comic shop I go to does custom figures, and I asked if he was cool with doing an amiibo. I think he did good.
>>
>>6212797
Well, I like it.
The only custom amiibo I have is a bowser I tried to replicate the NES recolors from Smash onto. The paint job was bad but I had fun doing it.
>>
>>6212262
>>6212117
they should just do what Lego Dimensions does, make one game and update it largely
>>
File: Lumnious.jpg (39KB, 361x512px) Image search: [Google]
Lumnious.jpg
39KB, 361x512px
>>6212262
I haven't heard anything about new figures, just some updates with new (digital) parts and level packs packed with existing characters.
[spoiler]if they did announce new toys I would get my hopes up only to be shot down again[/spoiler]
>>
any of you guys already got the new botw amiibos?

I've seen on youtube that some youtubers are already reviewing them
>>
>>6213021
Maybe if it was executed better, because the lego dimensions devs just didn't have the skill to pull this off. Load times are ridiculous now, and it sucks having to download like 10 gigs every time they release new characters, in addition to the separate downloads you need if you actually want to play the content they unlock.
>>
>>6213293
>mfw I legit ran out of room on my WiiU
I only own 4 games for the damn thing.
>>
>>6213293
the game loads a loooong time at the beginning, i just want to play the game already.
>new update!
>here, download these!
>the games saves when u see this, ok?!
>>6213305
>buying digital on wii u
too bad i got the one with Smash bros and splatoon built in. these guys are always behind on something, and the SD card isnt considered storage anymore
>>
>>6213475
I really hate that, even the intro plays way longer now, I used to be able to skip a few seconds in, now I have to wait to the point that sometimes when I'm finally able to skip it sorta changes scene and disregards the fact that you wanted to skip, my guess is that they are different movie files and the next one starts anyways.
>>
>>6212797
What's the difference?
Just face and hair color?
>>
at last
>>
>>6213475
I didn't buy it Digital.
I own Smash, Bayonetta, Mario Kart and Lego Dimensions.

I went ape on LD since they had 50% off sales and now I don't have room for the year 2 level packs.
>>
>>6212117
>is there any point in me doing so?
Actually yeah. Frequent sales at toys r us, and the range of compatibility for the figures over a good handful of games mean you can get bang for your buck pretty easily. Skylanders has quite a bit of content to have fun with, even if it is on it's way out.
>>
>>6190731
I feel like they should have gone with a slightly smaller body... but Lego would have to make one up, huh?
>>6191253
Normally I wouldn't care, but didn't they even change how their powers work?
>>
>>6218548
It looks like the PPG are getting the Lantern Construct ability.
>>
>>6218546
Are the 3DS versions of the game worth looking into, or are they just lesser versions of the console games? Because that would certainly expand on the amount of games the figures would be compatible with.
>>
>>6195509

Thank FUCK
>>
File: Alternate Color.jpg (265KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Alternate Color.jpg
265KB, 1500x1500px
>>6213715
Meant to be an alternate color from Sm4sh
>>
>>6218553
as long as i dont need to buy another dc character for that, that's cool
>>
>>6218556
3DS games are a different story and have slightly different gameplay from the console versions, and since they're going cheap, I'd say yeah they're worth looking into if you really dig Skylanders.
>>
>>6218556
theyre neat generic platformers with double jump, running and slightly different movesets. they also read up to 2 skylanders at a time via an infrared portal and don't need for them to stay on it. If you want to play everything, you'll specifically need the Swap Force 3DS portal to play the swap force game and the others, anything otherwise wont work with that game. also if you find Dark Spyro (series 1, not the Mega Ram one) his moveset is totally unique and melee-based in all games
>>
>>6218924
>>6219169
Pretty cool. Is amazon the best place to get them?
>>
>>6220228
if you have a gamestop that has them, the games sell for a 1-3$, with the swap force portal for $5. I would skip skylanders racing since its just a racing game, and might as well get it for the wii.

also if you own SA/Giants for the 3ds, you can use those to reset your Imaginators when you want to switch classes
>>
File: 81p3iZ5CBaL._SL1500_.jpg (114KB, 1500x1099px) Image search: [Google]
81p3iZ5CBaL._SL1500_.jpg
114KB, 1500x1099px
I can't find this faggot anywhere, and he's the only one I need. I don't want the ugly Santa-looking one. Any leads?
>>
>>6222277
I'm with you, but I thought he wasn't released yet.
>>
>>6222277
>>6223603
Only Christmas one was out so far I believe.He was out around Christmas time and then never restocked once they sold out. For some bizarre reason most stores still have the Superchargers and Trap Team christmas figures.
>>
>>6222277
>>6223603
>>6223981
He was part of a very limited edition Amazon bundle of him and the other villains of wave 1 and 2 back at launch. Never been restocked, and he hasn't had a single release. However, some international listings on ebay have been popping up with more and more frequency, so it looks like he's going to be released soon.

Hopefully.
>>
>>6223981
>>6224597
The bros in this thread are always so informative and helpful. I love /toy/. Even on this, a thread that is sometimes debatably not toy-specific, I get actual answers instead of weird troll jokes that aren't funny.
>>
>>6222277
he doesnt look that great, in gameplay. i also wonder why he's the bazooker and cortex is a sorcerer
>>
>>6225514
Crash and Cortex were originally gonna be Bazooker and Quickshot respectively (you'll notice they're the only two classes with two Senseis) but were changed to Brawler and Sorcerer later on. This is probably down to Activison meddling for some backward-ass reason, as is always the case.
>>
>>6226568
Probably so that the PS4 packs would get similar typed senseis so they can maximum jew buyers.
>>
>>6226568
i can understand Crash being a Brawler now because it actually fits him. A sorcerer class wouldve been better for another character, like N. Tropy
>>
Why do all the new Zelda Amiibos cost $17 now? I'll admit they look a little better than the average Amiibo but not enough to justify the price.
>>
>have a MIB Camo
>still don't have a single Skylanders game.
>>
>>6229732
all you need is a portal and a game, what's holding you back?
>>
>>6206015
>mon hun amiibo

???
>>
>>6232511
"Mon hun" is a fan abbreviation of the series "Monster Hunter"
>>
>>6232511
Japanese exclusive. Monster Hunter Stories amiibo, 6 of them, five of which are a monster and rider. The riders can be removed and swapped around.
>>
File: 1462514767920.png (200KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
1462514767920.png
200KB, 356x256px
>>6190726
>still no Bayonetta amiibo release date
Just end my life
>>
>>6232960
>buying CPU players
>>
>>6229709
High demand, low stock and nintendo knows people will shell out for them.

Old Zelda amiibo's (Smash set) are in such high demand right now that they're being sold for $40-$70 right now on ebay. if you have all 5 of the zelda smash ones you can make about $250
>>
File: 1467833977287.png (12KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
1467833977287.png
12KB, 405x414px
AMIIBO

CHECKLIST

WHERE
>>
File: amiiba.png (578KB, 988x660px) Image search: [Google]
amiiba.png
578KB, 988x660px
Why aren't you selling your amiibos right now anon, do you hate money?

>Since BoTW/Switch release, people have bought up all the Zelda amiibos to the point that there is no stock anymore
>Nintendo in their infinite wisdom, decided to make exclusive content to the original 5 smash zelda amiibos, and 30th aniversary ones, AS WELL as the elusive BoTW ones
>Because people are playing the game now and aren't patient enough to wait a week, they've been buying 3 year old amiibos for ludicrous scalping prices of $40-$70 per amiibo due to "rarity"

This is probably the easiest money you'll ever make /v/

>Sell amiibos for ludicrous prices
>Get rich
>Buy them back in three weeks to a month when they restock and the BoTW hype is gone for normal MSRP if you want them again
>Suddenly make $200 profit

I just put up a toon link ten minutes ago and I already have 24 views and 4 watchers with 2 bidders at $45. You'd be a goddamn fool to pass this chance up.

Heres a price guide:

>Smash Link - $70
>Smash Zelda- $30
>Smash Ganon - $20
>Smash Shiek - $40
>OoT link - $70
>8-Bit link - $30
>WW link + Zelda - $70
>BoTW link - $30
>BoTW zelda - $30
>BoTW Rider - $30
>BotW Guardian - $60
>BoTW Bokoblin - $10
>>
>>6234676
What the fuck you're right. I swear my local stores still have plenty of Zelda amiibo in stock. I'm a little tempted since I do have a Smash Link and a WW Link + Zelda but they're all loose so I doubt they'd go for much.
>>
>>6234707
Loose and sealed are about same price right now, because people want the amiibo for its useage, not its collectability
>>
>>6234676
What can i get for a shovel knight?
>>
>>6235683
Nothing its only the Zelda ones. maybe Splatoon in a few months
>>
>>6234651
I use
>http://amiibochecklist.com/

No cards though.
>>
>live in UK
>Never get Gold/Silver Mario, Gold Megaman, MonHun line or Qbby.
>No Splatoon 3 pack, Retro 3 pack, Mii 3 pack Zelda 2 pack or Fire Emblem 2 pack

What the fuck man. Region Exclusives can suck my dick
>>
>>6235776
>>6234651
Yeah amiibochecklist is good, and actually nintendo has a checklist feature for the amiibo cards on that website.
>>
>>6234676
>Bokoblin ten dollars

bull shit it's at least 25 quid here
That little nig is the only one I want though, thankfully
>>
>>6235983
>>6235776

Sweet. Thanks guys

Wow, I seriously though there were more I wanted. Turns out the only ones I don't own and still want are OoT link, Wario and the sisters.
>>
File: amiibo.jpg (408KB, 1190x1650px) Image search: [Google]
amiibo.jpg
408KB, 1190x1650px
>>6236049
>>
File: amiibolist.png (924KB, 676x2164px) Image search: [Google]
amiibolist.png
924KB, 676x2164px
>>6236051
I went ahead and broke it down further for my own autism. Feel free to edit/swap it as you see fit.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (623KB, 1190x1650px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
623KB, 1190x1650px
>>6236049
>>6236051

Here's my progress so far. After everything but the animal crossing line.
>>
>>6236293
>every smash amiibo

How on earth do you have room?
>>
so who is it /ttl/?
>>
>>6236543
Given the timing and mass adertising, probably ARMS guy or ribbon girl
>>
>>6236543
Femcorrin i hope
>>
>>6234651
>>6235776
>>6236051
>>6236282
>>6236293

Is there a good Skylanders one? Preferably with all 6 games.
>>
>>6235779
I thought the Toon Link/Zelda two pack were single carded outside of the U.S. and that was the only difference.

CAN ANYONE FIND SMASH LINK?
The prices on these Zelda amiibos after BotW came out, holy hell
>>
>>6237518
The community has tried but there's just far too many Skylanders at this point to include them on one image. I think there's a app from Skylanders actually that you can get and it'll show your collection but its a fuck huge file

>>6237520
Smash link is probably gone for the foreseeable future. It was reprinted along with the 30th Anniversary ones but who knows if they'll come back. At this point, I'd say most all of the Smash amiibo are out of print unless we get the Smash Switch port soon.
>>
It's over.

http://www.brickstolife.com/the-quiet-cancellation-of-lego-dimensions/
>>
>>6238680
at least it beat, or will have beaten Disney Infishitty

>But there is some good news behind all of this. With Dimensions out of the way, we will begin to see more full-fledged LEGO games coming out. No longer will large LEGO titles get a six-level treatment through a Story Pack.

>good news

fuck that, i skipped out on all the other games because they were all the fucking same. Dimensions' appeal was being like the Lego movie/real-life play
>>
>>6238791
Hopefully this means shit will come down in price. Unlike Infinity, Lego Dimensions was actually a good game that better delivered on it's premise.
>>
Picked up a Waddle Dee amiibo for a gift for a friend who likes Kirby at Walmart for like $5, then got myself a Wario for $6 because Wario is one of my favorites and like hell was I gonna pass THAT deal up.

I knew being cheap and lazy and having weird taste would pay off.
>>
>>6240260
>Big Animal Crossing fan
>See the prices for the Amiibos nowadays.
It's a beautiful beautiful thing. You can get the triple pack with KK/Reese/Cyrus for $8-15 nowadays, single Amiibos range from $3-8, Amiibo Festival with Digby and Winter Isabelle and a free pack is only $15, and card packs sit at around $3. Not to mention every store has a stockpile a mile long with all the ones they bought up so they're always on clearance and I'm amazed the New Leaf update or Happy Home Designer didn't raise the prices on them.
>>
>>6240311
Good on ya m8, it's doubly neat since AC merch isn't that easy to come by.
>>
>>6240260
>I knew being cheap and lazy and having weird taste would pay off.
i don't think your favorite CHARACTER is Wario, I think you ARE Wario.
>>
>>6238680
There go my hopes for Velma being in a dimensions set, also for more cool minifigs of random shit.
>>
>>6240311
Yeah I bought literally all the Animal Crossing amiibo recently because the prices were cheap and I still play New Leaf daily. Funny to see so many amiibo collectors mad about them hogging pegs and shit.
>>
>>6241367
According to the official Twitter, Dimensions isn't cancelled? So that's good.
>>
>>6242606
yet. we'll likely get that last wave before they say theyre done.
>>
>>6190731
>Normal arms
>hands
>2k16 version
>>
>>6234676
I would have loved if they had a few extra amiibos. like getting a shovel-sword from the Shovel-knight amiibo or something
>>
>>6243008
there's probably licensing shit to worry about or not "fitting with the vision" of the world.

Like pretty much all of the amiibos could have given an item, Mario could have gave a Mario hat, Peach Crown, Kirby mask, etc. BotW already has a shit ton of references to other things and there's not much of a problem with it so I dunno why they didn't do it.
Maybe in a future update.
>>
>>6246911
Nintendo's only lucky that their toys sell by simply existing. I dont see them doing anything else with their ploys-to-life in the near future aside from 100 coins or "now you have a new hat"
>>
File: download (1).jpg (349KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
349KB, 1000x500px
Okay /ttl/, for some fun.
You have been chosen as director on a new Nintendo amiibo compatible title for Switch. Here's the catch though, it must use amiibo in the same way as Skylanders, DI and Dimensions has. Gameplay can be different however.

Some things to keep in mind:

>There must beat least some functionality to all amiibo figures and all amiibo cards
>It must be sold as a cost effective 'starter pack'
>a digital release is optional
>External hardware such as portal add-ons must be kept to a minimum
>You can start a whole new line of amiibo of your choosing that releases alongside it. It can be from any first or second party game.
>>
>>6247066
A more fleshed out version of Subspace Emissary.

A series of cards come out featuring random "historical" Nintendo characters, who act as assist trophies. Each one has a brief bio and game history, and will give stickers to customize your amiibo or offer battle assistance.
A deluxe-size Ridley amiibo is added to celebrate the occasion.
>>
>>6247066
>Easy mode
just make a Skylanders/Infinity game with amiibo characters, each with their own upgradeable powers and the ability to jump

or

You play as a Mega Man-type character who uses powers based on the amiibos you scan. You'll run into enemies or barriers that require specific amiibo powers

some sort of RPG where you can scan a limited amount per game. Characters are characters and cards are support. You can use the ones you like, but there is really no perfect team/support due to limitations like elemental weaknesses, size limits, imperfect abilities that make or break a game
>>
>>6247066
Subspace Emissary sort of thing. Perhaps invent a new baddie of some sort, or have a classic "all the villains meet up and decide to team together to stop the heroes". You'd have some of the villains from the more oft-forgotten series like the ghost dudes from Find Mii and other streetpass games and then team up with your amiibos to fight. I think focusing on your Mii as the main character would also give it a bit of a "you're the hero" sort of thing.

I think overarching, the big baddies would be Bowser, Ganondorf, Nightmare, Star Wolf, Ridley and Octavius. Maybe something with Master Hand/Crazy/Tabuu even.

>There must beat least some functionality to all amiibo figures and all amiibo cards
Each of the Amiibo would unlock a costume piece for your Mii as well as that character to play with. Plus, since it can apparently scan ANY toy with a RFID chip in, you could even shop it around to other companies like Activision to see if they'd want to include certain characters, something like Crash which has a Skylander figure.
The game would keep track of all of the characters you scan in and allow you to only have to scan them once to have them in your "Team" selection. You can later scan them back again to add data.
>It must be sold as a cost effective 'starter pack'
The game would launch along with a new Mario or a white Mii figure that you could customize (they had talked about this before)
>a digital release is optional
This would be fine, As long as you've registered one amiibo it'd allow you to download/buy
>External hardware such as portal add-ons must be kept to a minimum
I don't think this would be nessecary at all since you can scan them in on the Joy Con.
>You can start a whole new line of amiibo of your choosing that releases alongside it. It can be from any first or second party game.
Amiibo would be Master Hand, Crazy, Ridley, Octavius and Taboo...maybe some of the various grunts so that you could actually add them to your team.
>>
>>6247614
>some sort of RPG where you can scan a limited amount per game. Characters are characters and cards are support. You can use the ones you like, but there is really no perfect team/support due to limitations like elemental weaknesses, size limits, imperfect abilities that make or break a game

I literally had the exact same idea
>>
>>6247066
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, except with minigames

So basically Amiibo Mario Party. Pack it with a new version of Mario and Link, or Mario and Samus or some combination of popular Nintendo properties
>>
>>6247066

These conditions are stupid.

They can just release a base game without any issues that the other games had. No starter pack required because the need of a portal is not necessary. There's plenty of cheap standalone Amiibos people can pick up on their own.
>>
File: large-2.jpg (344KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
large-2.jpg
344KB, 1000x500px
>>6248724
>the need of a portal is not necessary.
Need I remind you that it would end up in this situation if they don't where you have to tap the reader after anything to save your progress to the figure.
>>
>>6248724
>release a base game
>with no portal
>and no amiibos
>when amiibos are required to play

So, you want to sell a game that won't work unless you also buy more shit alongside it?

Here's a better idea, bundle them together in a "starter pack" of sorts.
>>
>>6248917
It's almost like the controller comes with the ability to read and write built in or something bizarre like that which means a portal isn't needed.
>>
>>6249137
You realize the Amiibo Festival example was exactly to explain that, right? They had you tap the thing every single time you wanted to save anything to the figure which was once every turn if I remember right. So now you'd have to have the figure to tap once every level up or once every level clear, every single time. Imagine if you had to have a Disney Infinity figure or a Skylander figure and tap them to the thing every time they assigned a skill point, leveled, gained EXP, etc. Having a portal means you don't need to tap every single time one of these happens.
>>
>>6249137
>>6249232
I think the problem with Amiibo Festival was that turns constantly switched so there was a need to constantly have that data registered to the right person.

Smash Bros did it after the match, but the match could be 2 minutes or an hour.

I think it depends on the type of data and how its stored; AF seemed to want to not retain the data at all, but Smash could for a bit (but I think if you didn't scan after the match you just wouldn't get the stuff). If the game can save that info then there shouldn't be a problem.

Like for instance, Skylanders on Switch uses the same joycon scan, so someone would have to look into that to see how often you need to scan your characters in
>>
>>6249346
>someone would have to look into that to see how often you need to scan your characters in
It's however often you want, but it's finicky and boring and takes way too long, which means that in the end you don't end up writing the data to the figure. The games remembers their progress, but the figure doesn't.
But then, if you have that function in this game too, what's the point in having the figure? You tap it once and it's stored in your collection, so then you can just sell the figure on or get rid of it. Then why even have the figure in the first place? You might as well just sell it as digital content, and then at that point it ceases being an amiibo game.
>>
>>6249353
I remember seeing a concept with different joycon things, like an awesome one for Yo-Kai that had the left as a normal sort of controller, and the right one was a full on watch device you could put your things on.

I think you're right, if there's no value to actually scanning your figure, it loses the point. But then you need to have that ability, but not too much (as in with Amiibo Festival)

Perhaps they could sell some sort of "portal" thing and would be connected as a "right" Joy Con, you could set down and set your figure on. Presumably the Skylanders portals are constantly sending data back and forth so it would just be like that.
>>
>>6238680
I'd beg to differ.

https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/842415795326062592
>>
>>6250150
i still think the next wave will be their last
>>
File: kirby 3D rumble.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kirby 3D rumble.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>6247066
Super Smash Bros. Adventure.
>3D Platforming/Beat-em-up style, something like Pic Related
>Each character has own special abilities to access certain areas a la Dimensions rather than innate typing like Skylanders, though they would have categorization based on their approach to combat
>Though, each character would have different stats (mobility, attack power, etc) like the latter to make characters unique
>All characters saved on file like imaginators due to it being switch-exclusive
>pvp/coop possible, but probably won't have a competitive scene due to relatively more limited controls
>Starter Pack contains Sonic, Mega Man, and Mario (Melee, Projectile, and Mixed respectively)
Good or shit?
>>
>>6196314
The Zelda ones have a nice mix of in-game functionality and nice sculpts. The Callie and Marie ones do fuck-all (they unlock a sound test mode in Splatoon if memory serves), but their sculpts and paintjobs are lovely, with loads of neat layering with translucent plastic. In the same vein, the Chibi-Robo one is pretty much useless outside of that shitty 3DS Chibi-Robo game, but the amiibo is cute as a button and pretty much life-sized.
>>
>>6250150
>>6250299
I remember how Infinity was cancelled. It wasn't a "writing was on the wall" situation, it was a "everyone was at their desks working on the next characters and we were told that it's over and to just stop" situation.
>>
>>6250910
>In the same vein, the Chibi-Robo one is pretty much useless outside of that shitty 3DS Chibi-Robo game, but the amiibo is cute as a button and pretty much life-sized.
At the same time, the Chibi-Robo amiibo is basically mandatory if you are going to play Ziplash because an enormous chunk of content is hidden behind it. Figures in-game, there's an entire chapter takes away, and a few other things.
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.