[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys. I don't come here often because you guys always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: 134673b.jpg (237KB, 1000x1091px) Image search: [Google]
134673b.jpg
237KB, 1000x1091px
Alright guys. I don't come here often because you guys always make me want to spend my money. Luckily I'll usually click around online to find that most of the nicer toys i'd like to have are easily out of my price range (or at least the range in which my wife would bitch at me). But this time I clicked a link half-hoping to be disappointed.
>pic related
>$40 usd
fuck
I actually don't give a shit about DS2 but this armor set is probably my favorite to look at in DS3 and that is by itself enough for me to buy it. Problem is that it appears to only be sold by GameStop. Fuck GameStop.

I'm looking for your assistance in one of two places;
Convince me that the price is too low and the quality is likely dubious. I don't know toy companies all that well. Is this one shit?
Or maybe the toy is available elsewhere.

Help me /toy/boys. You're my only hope.
>>
>>6188255
fucking forgot the link
http://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/dark-souls-ii-faraam-knight-bearer-of-the-curse-7-inch-figure/136751#productDetails
>>
>>6188255
It's a statue, a prize figure at that.

Should be worth like 2000 yen. Or if you're good and in Japan one UFO Catcher game play, don't know how much that is these days.
>>
File: takeya knight.jpg (341KB, 1528x1028px) Image search: [Google]
takeya knight.jpg
341KB, 1528x1028px
>>6188310
Not DS but next best thing perhaps. From Kaiyodo, sometime this year I hope.
>>
They really need to do a proper line of Dark Soul figures. Do the player in 4 inch scale since all the enemies are so fucking huge and it'd be fucking awesome.
>>
>>6188333
That's pretty cool. I just saw another thread for Mythic Legions figures that looked pretty awesome too. I might get in on that.

>>6188391
Agreed. I'd dump some cash into getting a Nito and a handful of little guys.
>>
>>6188277
>>6188297

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BNP10339&mode=retail

This (what OP posted) is the only Faraam Knight I can find, what toy are you guys talking about?
>>
File: 1487365477465.jpg (38KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487365477465.jpg
38KB, 500x600px
>>6188255
it may not be Dark Souls but should pay attention to Won Fes news regarding figmas tommorow and sunday. Figma is unvieling the prototype of their Bloodborne figma. If we are extraordinarily lucky we might even see them reveal something dark souls related is in the plans too.
>>
File: 1469327781.jpg (370KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1469327781.jpg
370KB, 600x600px
>>6188846
Yes. It was announced six months ago.
>>
>>6188743
>>6188854
This one has me excited, but I think the saw cleaver is the weapon I used the least, lol.
>>
>>6188743
It seems we're getting a Black Knight Figma now as well, it was teased at WonFes, along with images in one of the threads.
>>
>>6195948
black knight figma announced, but no prototype yet. There's an official card on the wall at their booth, someone out there has a pic of it and it's not a fake. It's happening, so.. just wait if you want a proper figure of it but those Kaiyodo Takeya knights will be a great addition to have anyways.
>>
>>6188255
Time for a nice compliation of the relevant and awesome news from WonFes

>>6196632
>dark souls 3 black knight

>>6194364
>>6195042
>>6195052
>>6195062
Revoltech Takeya Knights. The current assumption to my knowledge is that the armor most matches Germanic knights. Fighting considering they first were revealed at some German show apparantly.

>>6193936
>>6192580
here is the bloodborne figure for if you enjoy that game as well
Finally, may not be typical knight look, but just in case, here is the Teostra Kaiser Armor from Monster Hunter. Of speecial note is he comes with a Charge Blade which is a fun weapon in the game that can convert between a sword and shield form and a giant axe/sword form. Supposedly the figure version will have that transforrmaing function.
>>6194816

Think I got everything relevant for knights and knight like armors shown off this wonfes.
>>
File: boy.jpg (62KB, 600x841px) Image search: [Google]
boy.jpg
62KB, 600x841px
>>
>>6197375
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. I can't seem to find any single location for good wonfes news.
Where do you find all of this?
>>
>>6199757
People usually make a general WonFes /toy/ thread on the day of the event where they repost pictures that are usually posted on twitter.
Also using myfigurecollection you can see the new figures that are added to the figure database.
>>
>>6199757
as you can see from checking the links I provided, I had to hunt down those images from about 4 different threads. like >>6199757 said, /toy/ is a decent place to keep up to date, for the most part, with the big name companies due to a wonfes general and the big companies all having their own threads to follow.

Sadly this event has lacked in the sheer amount of stuff being posted, Wondanon has been MIA and he usually provided speedy on site photo uploads for us and he got a lot of crazy garage kits photoed too. I was tempted to try and wade through japanese twitter tags to try and get more photos.

Some decent threads to pay attention to in the future for events like these would be
Any thread that covers the event in general
Figma general
Revoltech general
SAS general
Gunpla/plamo general
Busou Shinki general these days covers a lot more then just that one line so they cover a lot of the same things that Gunpla/plamo covers during Wonfes
Daibadi, if their style appeals to you at all. They don't do anything other then their things, so skippable

Do NOT bother with anything Bandai, gundam, figuarts, so on and so forth. Bandai has their own Tamashi Nations event, it's kinda like expecting to see Blizzard announce stuff at E3. it really doesn't happen much.
Don't ask me for how to know when a tamashii event is, google never helped me, and I don't think even the relevant threads has a solid understanding.

Also of note is Toy Fair New York(this year occured on the same dates as WonFes) tends to show off some japanese stuff, like figma and Bandai actually makes appearances there. However that stuff will be far feweer in number and just things getting a ddirect distribution in America in some form. I beleive Comic Con also gets some showing of japanese stuff, but even smaller then the toy fair.

TLDR: just keep an eye on the main companies general threads and you should be good for the most parrt.
>>
>>6199950
>>6200041
Thanks muchly, anons.
>>
File: wf2017w_maxfactoryfigmafigfix-3.jpg (173KB, 600x906px) Image search: [Google]
wf2017w_maxfactoryfigmafigfix-3.jpg
173KB, 600x906px
>>6197453
Damn. Is that a super expensive, super limited edition thing? I guess when Gravity Rush can get figmas, BB can too. Hoping for a Souls line in the future isn't too far fetched it seems.
>>
>>6205469

Hoping for a lone is far fetched. This'll be a one and done.
>>
File: 200491.jpg (44KB, 548x549px) Image search: [Google]
200491.jpg
44KB, 548x549px
Are going to cons and Jap Yahoo auction the only way to get these figures?
>>
i'd buy that for dollar
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.