[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revoltech General: Humble Beginnings Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 81

File: revoltech-dante-l.jpg (16KB, 340x544px) Image search: [Google]
revoltech-dante-l.jpg
16KB, 340x544px
How did you first discover Revoltech? What was your first figure and how do you feel about the line right now?

>MARCH
Ted(Ted 2)

>APRIL
Venom

>MAY
Deadpool

>TBA
Kaiser X Equipment (Male Swordsman)
Kirin Equipment (Female Swordsman)
Beat (Jet Set Radio)
Arthur (Ghosts 'n' Goblins)
Dino Getter 1
Hyakuya Yuuichiro (Seraph of the End)
Hyakuya Mikaela (Seraph of the End)
Diane (Seaven Deadly Sins)
Gamera 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
Gyaos 1967 (Gamera vs Gyaos)
G1 Gamera (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
Gyaos (Gamera: Guardian of the Universe)
G2 Gamera (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)
G3 Gamera (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Iris (Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris)
Takeya-shiki Jizai Okimono Knight
Underwater Knee Socks
Fraulein Zwei series
AB Nexus I.O - Integra
AB Nexus I.O - Intaniya
AB Nexus Armoroid -Color Variation- (5 variants?)

Old >>6160037
>>
>>6182706
>How did you first discover Revoltech?
>What was your first figure(?)

Grey Fox Revolmini was my gateway drug to collecting in general, and it's still one of my favorites. The Revolmini line in general is tremendous barring Solid Snake's imo overly lithe body and too-stylized face and it's a shame the line's been put on the backburner/killed.

The Dante figure is pretty cool considering it's antiquated articulation it comes with a ton of accessories and the sculpt is pretty great. I had to get it since he's my favorite character and Revoltech quickly won me over with Grey Fox

>...how do you feel about the line right now?

Just got Spider-Man after passing on Deadpool and I absolutely LOVE it considering Spider-Man is my favorite fictional character it's pretty much a case of the stars aligning to have Yamaguchi make a figure finally able to strike all of Pete's signature poses and look damn good... but there are a million Spider-Man figures, i already have like 4 whereas there are only a handful of DmC, FotNS figures... I hope Yamaguchi does maybe a couple essential Marvel characters like Wolverine then goes back to doing japanese liscenses
>>
>>6182706
I gotta dig that Dante up.
>>
File: gVg.jpg (700KB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
gVg.jpg
700KB, 3200x2400px
kaiju-fiend, reporting in.

started with gamera(s), mothra, gaigan, etc. then branched out to humanoid characters i liked. i think the line is changing to suit the click-haters and that's a good thing. they're striving for the happy medium between more free articulation, and the solid pose that the click joints offered.
>>
So can anyone post some GOOD shots of Spider-Man? All I see on Instagram is garbage from people who don't know what they're doing.
>>
to this day i still want to get revoltech mazinkaiser. that's how i discovered the line. how does that figure hold up to this day?
>>
>>6182706
that dante was my first revo, got it for 26 bucks...
if only they cost that much today

just got spidey, too expensive but it's great
>>
>>6182810
yamaguchi twitter
>>
>>6182841
Is no one capable of posing the figure but him?
>>
>>6182849
not that i've seen, quite sad
>>
File: 4537807120106.04_large.jpg (14KB, 321x480px) Image search: [Google]
4537807120106.04_large.jpg
14KB, 321x480px
Been playing Nioh and had a hankering for some samurai skeletons so I picked up a KT-010 from Mandarake. A shame they're so expensive, the reason I've held off until now. I hope they do more with the line in the future.
>>
>>6182706
I saw pictures of the Sengoku Basara line and thought it looked amazing. I also found out about the SAS JoJo figs at the same time, combined those got me into buying figures. Though my first revoltech was actually Enkidu, because it was super cheap and I had just seen TTGL and loved the design.

I feel like they got onto something good with the double-jointed shoulder, but now they're forgetting how to make good hip articulation. Spidey has 4 fucking joints in his legs, not counting ankles and toes. That's crazy. Meanwhile, Ultron's hips are limited incredibly by the sculpt.

Meanwhile, you know what I miss? Double-articulated abs. Revoltechs get a better crunch even with the single joint than most other figures, but I'd rather spend more effort into improving ab technology than trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to hips.

Sadly, nothing coming up I'm much interested in, but I have faith in the line to eventually get back around to a property I care about, or make a figure so damn cool I can't help but pick it up.
>>
>>6182810
http://nov.2chan.net/y/res/3633209.htm
>>
File: IMG_20170205_083601.jpg (1MB, 1154x2200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170205_083601.jpg
1MB, 1154x2200px
>>6182810
>>6182810
This isn't exactly an extreme pose but pretty good still
>>
File: IMG_0736.jpg (276KB, 627x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0736.jpg
276KB, 627x1080px
>>6182706
Seen them as a teen but wasn't into collecting until I moved out. First Revo was Woody (yeah I know) got him cheap at a con then I started collecting skellies and Takeya stuff and most of the Metal Gear line. Collection is pretty much Skellies and Takeya stuff but I recently picked up the DMC trio for cheap and a SFO Ryu which I promised pics of and never posted. Ill get to that later this weekend. I probably overpaid for it but I was really curious about it.
>>
>>6182985
ffffffffff!

and the winner is
>>
File: 1486489293689.jpg (124KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486489293689.jpg
124KB, 600x800px
One of those 2chan guys did this to spidey, seems like it give more range in the waist area.
>>
I first discovered them by going to my local shop.
I thought about how great that Japan was finally making highly articulated that don't look like shit or McStatues.
So that Dante was my first Revoltech.

Now i hate Yamaguchi and all the stupid shit he's done after the line evolved into making better and better figures. Downgrade total.
>>
>>6182706
>What was your first figure and how do you feel about the line right now?

Legacy Cattleya. Wish they'd re-run the other damn figures.

Maybe we'll get new ones with the new QB series being planned?
>>
File: UC-Ghosts-n-Goblins-Arthur-002.jpg (579KB, 1102x735px) Image search: [Google]
UC-Ghosts-n-Goblins-Arthur-002.jpg
579KB, 1102x735px
Fucking when?
>>
>>6183039
I saw this pic earlier, but don't really understand what he did.
>>
>>6183073
WonFes?
>>
File: IMG_1146 2.jpg (443KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1146 2.jpg
443KB, 1200x900px
>How did you first discover Revoltech? What was your first figure and how do you feel about the line right now?

I'm pretty sure the first revoltechs I saw were raiden and big boss, but rathalos was the first one I actually bought. Which is funny because he's not very revoltech-y at all. I was a little blindsided when I did end up getting the mgs ones.

I sort of hated 'em in general for a long time, but I eventually came around / stockholm syndrome set in around the time ultron came out. I still think the "you just need to git gud at posing" meme is bullshit, but it's definitely a learn-to-love-it kind of line. I'm pretty happy with the line nowadays, I just wish it were more consistent.
>>
>>6182706

i played DMC3 for the first time and was looking for figures. came across the revoltech one and well, the rest is history.
>>
>>6182706
Eva 01 and Gurren Lagann Revos on Amazon many years ago and hated them.
Loving the line now though
>>
>>6182706
I got the first three day one as I happened to be in Japan at the time. Not sure how I knew about them, probably from looking at a hobby magazine at a book store.

I was impressed with Ymaguchi shiki articulation so I started hunting down his older works like the Moribito 2go, Gunbuster, and a bunch of the small box figures like the ones for Macross, DOA, Tenjo Tenge, Spider-Man and DMC.

Also kept buying each new releases as the years went on. Bought AB whenever I was in Japan. Missed Tristriker but wasn't really interested in a massive AB as it felt limiting for part swapping.
The Golden Age has certainly passed in terms of balancing price/quality/release frequency, but I feel like they improved the overall play-value and quality of each new releases. Really wish Yamaguchi was back at the high paced production he used to be in.

Personally I really liked the Revol-Mini, I wished it branched out to more than muscular men and kept it simple and cheaper, but oh well.

Looking forward for future AB as they seem to be taking a new direction.
>>
>>6183229
>The Golden Age has certainly passed in terms of balancing price/quality/release frequency

Everything coming from Japan lately has been crazy expensive. It's not just Revo's.
>>
>>6183258
Yeah I know, and Revos doing a good job keeping price as low as they could...look at figma.

They did however decided to pull away from action figure making in terms of number of releases though, and that's more of an issue for me. Revol-Mini was a good concept but then their pride got in the way and decided to make them loaded with quality rather than being a budget line.
>>
>>6182706
My first Revoltech was Saber. I picked up her at WonderCon in San Francisco. I'm enjoying the Marvel Revoltechs they're putting out now. Spiderman's on my fridge.
>>
>>6183258
>Everything coming from Japan lately has been crazy expensive.
Fucking newfag.
Back in my day the yen was 80¢ to the dollar!

Buying Dante for $20+ back in the day was fucking crazy. Back then, you could buy an ML with even more articulation, larger sized, and better paint for only $8! But who else was making super articulated toys with detail that was straight out of the manga? No one, so you HAD to pay those $20.
Finding less popular Revoltechs back then for $10-15 was a fucking steal compared to today and that was STILL expensive for an action figure back then.

You kids today don't know what cheap is and the cost of products today is like living in fucking Germany in the 1920s.
>>
>>6183349
>Back in my day the yen was 80¢ to the dollar!
Toys were much cheaper back then and often came with more stuff, so I don't even know what you're trying to prove to that Anon.

And God forbid you're not American or some shit and you're still paying shitty rates + inflation over that.
>>
>>6183349
regular american figures were hitting the 10 dollar point in the early days of revoltech in my memory. McFarlane's Halo was 12-13 while revos were usually 20-24.

most of the collector toys such as Pallisades were somewhere in between IIRC. don't quote me on that last bit though, I remember looking at them now and then but never truly interested in buying them so I have no idea what the actual typical price for them was. Just recall the ones I looked at price being midpoint with typical american figures being the low and revo the high.
>>
File: 1486661720145.jpg (1MB, 2160x2940px) Image search: [Google]
1486661720145.jpg
1MB, 2160x2940px
>>6182985
Impressive, but I'm sure someone can do better, right?
>>
File: IMG_20170215_115509.jpg (1MB, 1539x1430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170215_115509.jpg
1MB, 1539x1430px
>>6183725
My attempt.
>>
>>6183755
>"did I leave the stove on?"

But for real; change out the eyes, the web in his left hand, and tilt his head to his right a little and you're good to go.
>>
>>6183755
I was hoping someone would be able to get his left thigh behind his shoulder like in the art, is that not possible?
>>
fellow buyfag introduced me.
>What was your first figure
that fucking dante in the op, ruined revo for me.
>how do you feel about the line right now?
after getting raiden and the oni skeleton, I'm positive that revo went the right way. both became my favorites. I went back and bought some older stuff because of them in fact. (old revos still suck ass)
>>
File: IMG_1142.jpg (632KB, 2121x2397px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1142.jpg
632KB, 2121x2397px
>>6183725
My attempt

I could have moved his right hand to the right more so his thumb would reach the bottom of his thigh and i could have angled his left calf so it was pointing towards the camera more but besides that i'm prett satisfied

>>6183870
You can do it, it's just the shoulders are damn weird so it looks odd. If you have a regular Revo joint you could swap his shoulder joint with so it'd be closer to the chest but i don't have one
>>
>>6184112
I just don't think it's possible. In the art, his entire thigh is practically touching his stomach/chest. The figure doesn't seem capable of that.
>>
>>6184180
I saw that when i was posing it, it seems to me that he's supposed to have a thicker chest in the art so it closes that gap right in the middle there, the Yamaguchi is pretty slender.
>>
>>6182706
That Dante is my first and only Revoltech figure but damn if isn't cool as fuck. Sadly, I misplaced one of his guns and I managed to break the trigger guard of the other.
>>
File: GDS-8800_01.jpg (41KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
GDS-8800_01.jpg
41KB, 400x600px
Do you think if Yamaguchi made a new Eva line with same body makeup as the current Revos like Deadpoo and Spider-Man, and the head sculpt was decent, closer to earlier attempts, or simply spot on, it would be regarded as best choice figure?

Or still get shatted on for being a Revo, having weird shoulders, etc?

Picture is random, could be what ever version. Being Revo it's safe to expect they will do the same body type models, Nerv 00 to Mark.6, and 08 skipping 05 for movies.

I feel like it's a matter of time.
>>
>>6184305
>Or still get shatted on for being a Revo, having weird shoulders, etc?
it will, no matter if the sculpt is good, people will shi ttalk revoltech for the unorthodox joint system
>>
>>6184305
Yamaguchi's deal is that he'll nail 8/10 things out of what makes a great toy, and it's never the same two things missing. I think I've liked his last couple releases more than anything else he's done, but they're still flawed in several ways.

I'd probably give it a try unless it looked REALLY bad in the promo shots, but I doubt I'd end up liking it more than the robot spirits. If he redid the MP evas though I'd be all fucking over it. The first ones have definitely aged, but they got so much right.
>>
>>6182706
The same as everyone here I'm assuming, the internet. Their HnK line caught my attention but since their prices on the aftermarket at the time were rape levels, I declined on buying anything.

Back in college, I stumbled upon the Raiden Revo at my local vidya store and on a whim (and remembering all the good feedback) bought him then and there. No regrets whatsoever. I can safely say that the line is WAY better (better joints better articulation better everything) than what it was before though I wish they expanded on MGR line (still holding on to the hope that Sam will getting a figure someday ;_;). When the Legacy releases came out and I finally got the HnK ones, I was pretty bummed at the joints on the legs. I still love the figures don't get me wrong but whoever came up with that design needs to be shot.
>>
>>6182706
Through threads (probably Revoltech generals) on /toy/. Wanted to branch out after my first Figuarts.
I got two Mr. Incredibles to try out Revoltechs because everyone was saying how they're hit and miss and the ratchets aren't everyone's cup of tea. I first ordered one Mr. Incredible but he had the same smiling face twice. Then Amiami sent me a replacment one - I specifically told them to make sure not to repeat the same mistake - and got YET ANOTHER fucking smiling face. I'm still not entirely over it and I still haven't opened either of the :] :] Mr. Incredibles.
So without getting to try them out for cheap I took the plunge and ordered Raiden because I was amazed with the articulation, the style, the sculpting, the amount of accessoires which compared to my youth was just... awesome.
I feel fine with the line as it is. Plenty of catching up to do. I really don't mind older figures and I buy whatever I think looks nice. I've got Venom and Deadpool preordered and while I'm on the fence with Deadpool, I can't wait for Venom to fight my Spidey.
Would be nice if they'd stop trying to reinvent the wheel though (hips, anyone?) and it would also be very much appreciated if they lowered the price point.
I know Revoltech has one original line already with AssembleBorgs but I think actual original humans with interchangeable parts would be very sweet.
>>
>>6184466
>still holding on to the hope that Sam will getting a figure someday
With any of the WF bingo and the likes keep bringing him up always makes me laugh. I assume they are well aware it will never ever happen. Just seemed odd it's something that still gets brought up, but I only played the first hour or two (not a big gamer) so I figure I don't really know the appeal of that character. Like the bullet piston system of his Iai fighting was nothing new to me as I read and watched Ga-Rei series. I guess a big number of Revo owners are MGS or Marvel fans so their voices stands out.

I'm more curious at this point how serious fans are about that possibility. Him and Dante. With Dante at least is a main character of big name game franchise, not an one time boss in an offshoot game. Both Kaiyodo figures of DMC are very early, and the one Revoltech wasn't even designed as a Revoltech, so another one is not beyond the realm of possibility.
>>
>>6182706
>How did you first discover Revoltech? What was your first figure and how do you feel about the line right now?
I'm pretty new to the line despite knowing about them for as long as I've been interested in collecting figures. The first Revoltechs I ever saw were probably the Gurren Lagann ones. Still regret never getting any of them.

Never actually bought a Revoltech until Deadpool. Aside from him I've only got the Legacy Cattleya, but I've got Venom preordered. I think the line's pretty coo.
>>
>>6182706
near 10 years ago a friend of mine showed me a magazine scan with the transformers revoltechs, years later i found a megatron revo and buy it
then starscream
then rodimus (he's one of the cheapest revos i have ever found locally, considering seeing any import over here has retail+shipping+more as the price)
then optimus
then a super valkyrie and dangaioh, and from there the real slippery slope started with tetsujin 28. shin getter 1, giant robo, and many others, i probably have more than 20 revos.

also i recently got venom snake and i'm about to get deadpool, i'm loving the former so far but i can see when people said that he has short range of movement on the legs.
>>
Please tell me this kinda pose is possible without having to configure the right knee this way
>>
>>6184560
>so I figure I don't really know the appeal of that character
nigga sam was so popular he got his own campaign but since you've never played mgr past the first hour that's understandable

chances for donte getting anything might as well be dead in the water seeing as how capcom seems hellbent on forgetting he ever existed after dmc
>>
>>6184617

It is. There's a revolver joint between the blue part of the shin and the red part so theoretically that blue upper shin part could be rotated to basically whatever angle you want with the parts above and below it maintaining that same position, since it's got revolver joints on both sides of it.
>>
>>6182706
Knew about Revoltech for years (including that Dante and their Revy). Always eyed their Evangelion figures and I finally caved in and bought my first by way of the complete edition of the MP-Eva. This was quickly followed by my purchasing Vash from Trigun as well since it was one of my holy grail action figures at the time.
>>
>>6182706
I got Fraulein Rei and the Yotsuba on impulse and was disgusted until I saw how far the line came, and got Boba Fett in hand and saw what was possible with the range of motion.
Since then I've been backtracking, but also got the recent monster hunter stuff and have been in love since.
>>
File: 20170216_034622~2.jpg (480KB, 1577x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170216_034622~2.jpg
480KB, 1577x2448px
>>6183725
My take.

In my attempt at this pose I learned several things:
>looks shitty from pretty much any other angle
>slightly different costume pattern on Spidey making near 100% accuracy impossible
>McFarlane should've used an anatomy book. That shit just don't look right.
>>
>>6184635
He's talking about the knee sculpt on the thigh side. I think.

>>6184617
People need to come to an understanding about the knees, forget what's sculpted there. Imagine from the way the muscles are sculpted that the thighs are facing the right way regardless of the way they actually face outwards.

Treat the sculpt like they serve a double purpose. Don't bother getting it if your too OCD about it.
>>
>>6184624
Because NECA managed to make an action figure so many years later I thought it was still a possibility. And Capcom is not that bad for having toys of their IPs being made.
>>
>>6184870
I don't have ocd, it just doesn't look good at all.

I just want to know if it's possible to get all the posing done without swiveling at the knees, but it doesn't seem like it cause that's what everyone is doing.
>>
>>6184886
In that particular picture, he definitely could have rotated the calf a little and it still would have worked, but as for this

>I just want to know if it's possible to get all the posing done without swiveling at the knees
the answer is no. I'm sure someone else has said it, but his thigh ends up rotating 90 degrees to go forward, so you're gonna have to use the knee swivel.
>>
WF display news.

http://ameblo.jp/tokusatsurevoltech/entry-12248022956.html

Basically all you need to know, there will be
New Amazing Yamaguchi
New Movie Revo
New statues, whatevers
...which are from my understanding all never before seen, planned for 2017 release.

Because Japanese isn't really specific on singular and plural I'm not sure how many we will see. More than one I'll be amazed, but likely get cards announcing future ones anyways.

Can't wait!!

It would be funny if Movie Revo was HC Spider-Man.
>>
>>6184892
So you're telling me that with the combination of the ball jointed hips and swiveling thighs, there is no possible way to get the legs forward and keep the knee/thigh in line with the lower leg? I just don't get it.
>>
>>6183077
looks like he sanded some restrictive edges down.
>>
>>6184899
Kaiyodo doesn't really do just blank cards for future releases, they usually have a proto of some sort there.
>>
>>6184899
wolverine lets goooo
>>
File: spider-range.jpg (547KB, 1170x854px) Image search: [Google]
spider-range.jpg
547KB, 1170x854px
>>6184904
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, nope. First, the balljoints in the hips only get a couple degrees forward, most of it comes from the thigh swivel. If you want the calf pointing down, it isn't gonna line up with the knee sculpting. Like I said though, that pic with the scaffolding definitely could have been tweaked at the lower knee swivel so it didn't look so ugly.
>>
>>6184904
To keep it simple, the combination of low range movement of the ball joint hips and the diagonal nature of the swivel makes what you want impossible.
>>
>>6184937
So what happens if you bring the hip out and up, but rotate the thigh swivel down?
>>
>>6184914
I meant photo, like what we got for Venom. Just a illustration or a shadow, not a photograph of the prototype. What they will reveal will be a prototype sculpt, but I'm not sure how many. I think it will just be one sculpt and likely a card that is just a comic illustration or something for another one.
>>
>>6184953
Other anon might be taking photos already, but quick version.

To keep knee sculpt nice and forward, you only really get a 45 degrees leg forward with the legs spreading more and more as you go forward. That's just using hip joints.

Using the swivels, you end up doing the splits if you keep the knee sculpt forwards.
>>
File: 2017-02-15 23.24.09.jpg (439KB, 1630x1742px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-15 23.24.09.jpg
439KB, 1630x1742px
>>6184962
Thanks for all the info, I know I'm asking a lot questions. Reviewers kept glossing over that part of his articulation and I'd like a good understanding of it before I decide to purchase it. I forgive a lot of the wonkier aspects of these figures cause the poses and photos turn out good, but I've yet to see anyone really hide that knee break in a way that I'm okay with.

I don't know, I'll probably get it anyway but if he can't pull off a sitting pose without dislocating his thigh, that'll be disappointing
>>
>>6183073
What's up with the '30s style eyes on the helmeted head? I hope we'll be able to put the helmet on the other head.
>>
>>6185032
>>
File: 1380304660037.jpg (632KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1380304660037.jpg
632KB, 1920x1080px
>>6184899
That's this weekend, isn't it? Last chance to take bets and post your wishlists.
>>
>>6185045
Now and forever, Super Metroid deserves good figures.
>>
>>6185032
It's the version on the box cover. I guess America got a different one as usual. Yeah totally interchangeable.
>>
File: game chara for revo.jpg (587KB, 1420x1508px) Image search: [Google]
game chara for revo.jpg
587KB, 1420x1508px
>>6185045
I posted these over and over, but not all at once. You asked for it.

I think I was going to swap out one but can't remember what it was.
>>
File: marvel heroes for revo.jpg (1MB, 1904x1876px) Image search: [Google]
marvel heroes for revo.jpg
1MB, 1904x1876px
Marvel. The way Venom turned out gives me hope for the beefcakes, granted I don't expect them to be mega sized and keeping scale.
>>
File: dc characters.jpg (877KB, 1448x1390px) Image search: [Google]
dc characters.jpg
877KB, 1448x1390px
DC, who knows if they will do them. I think winged characters would be interesting figures for high articulation. Katana would be funny one being done by a Japanese company. And Yamaguchi Revos are great wielding swords.

Personally I really want Batman Beyond.
>>
For the Japanese side, well so were games but they are so international these days.

It might be time we see something non-American.

I think they are all well known except for the two at bottom right. 8-Man is a personal favorite, he's like Flash meets Robocop. The other guy is a precursor to Astro Boy.

Besides Inuyasha I think they could be considered being done in a "AmeComi" style, which pretty much means Yamaguchi style anyways.
>>
File: manga heroes2.jpg (1MB, 1876x1552px) Image search: [Google]
manga heroes2.jpg
1MB, 1876x1552px
>>6185090
Forgot pic, idiot. I think this one I never posted.
>>
File: mecha revo.jpg (433KB, 1492x626px) Image search: [Google]
mecha revo.jpg
433KB, 1492x626px
Finally, Mecha. I really hope Yamaguchi will get back into those.

This list I'm just having fun, no real hope for any of them besides TV Evas. More like ones other companies probably wont do but Kaiyodo might be crazy enough to do.

That's all, I got it all out. I'll try and stop posting these over and over.

If you're wondering, I'm manga/Japanese robots >>>>>>Comics and Video Games for knowledge and interests. Still kill for Revos of them though.

Wolverine is a done deal since everyone is thinking of him, so any other character gets made I'm a happy man.
>>
>>6185103
Yes I 'm aware Chogokins and alternates exists for some of these that are great, but still want Revos for them, also at a compatible size.
>>
>>6182810
Are you asking for pictures? Pictures of Spider-man?
>>
File: ImCominForYaJJJ.jpg (547KB, 1200x2336px) Image search: [Google]
ImCominForYaJJJ.jpg
547KB, 1200x2336px
>>6185142
>>
>>6185092
I'd probably buy an Inuyasha, if only for the nostalgia
>>
File: FIGURE-011390.jpg (51KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-011390.jpg
51KB, 600x600px
Scored this boogy boi
>>
I've always known about Yamaguchi from his Trigun, old Eva toys and some Fist of The North Star toys. When the line was announced, I got Dante.

Later on I got f-type Eva 01 and kept getting more and more. I like where it's going, especially with Takeya joining the line but if there's one thing I want for the line now is for Yamaguchi to go back to doing more Japanese IPs.
>>
>>6185092

Slim chances of getting Kakugo, but the Manga Realization line from Bandai is an excellent, excellent, excellent figure of it. The finish and sculpt on it is absolutely gorgeous and it's decently articulated, though not as poseable as a figma or shf. The SHF is good too but I personally love the manga realization version.

If they do a revoltech of it, I'm all down.
>>
Does anyone remember when Spider-Man went up for pre-order? Can't really remember if it was last July or something.
>>
>>6185787
Ah I passed on most SIC related stuff, not into that scale as much. I like the SHFs after gluing the diecast bits, they fall off constantly otherwise.

I read the new manga after putting together that image, didn't think it was the same design armor. Yamaguchi is great at making bulky sculpts highly articulated so I think it's a good match. Just realized Venom Snake has a similar physique. However, very slim chance indeed.
>>
>>6185787
Movie Realization Kakugo is indeed pretty, but god the poseability kinda sucked. I was kinda annoyed by it so I sold it and just kept my SHF.
>>
>>6185787
>but the Manga Realization line from Bandai is an excellent, excellent, excellent figure of it.
The torso joint on mine was broken out of the box. Nothing glue couldn't fix (no real articulation there anyway), but I figure it's worth mentioning that the QC is pretty bad. Raiden is totally fine though. I do think they're pretty awesome though. Wish we got Kasumi too.
>>
File: IMG_20170216_190216.jpg (196KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170216_190216.jpg
196KB, 960x720px
Spidey arrived today.
I'm having loads of fun. Only issue is that the wash for the weblines is a little messy.
>>
File: IMG_3414.jpg (237KB, 961x1064px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3414.jpg
237KB, 961x1064px
My Spidey arrived today as well. It was a bitch getting his left arm to pose that way since the way the shoulder is cut makes it get in the way of his torso.
>>
>>6186190
>Yugi of some kind
>Playgrip for a 3dsXL
wha'cha playin anon and what was the rest of your haul
>>
>>6186200
Good eye, I was messing with Vulcanlog Yugi earlier today. I'm playing SMTIV Apocalypse on and off lately, though I haven't touched it in a few days.

Just got Spidey in today, though I got Yugi and Dark Magician Girl in a few days ago.
>>
>>6185103
I don't know what to make of baggypantsbot in the top right corner.
>>
File: 20170208_013213~2.jpg (738KB, 2971x1887px) Image search: [Google]
20170208_013213~2.jpg
738KB, 2971x1887px
>>6184999
Maybe someone else or I will try a proper sitting position but maybe this will give you a good idea.
But you shouldn't get him for sitting poses
>>
File: IMG_3431.jpg (225KB, 1024x1102px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3431.jpg
225KB, 1024x1102px
>>6186190
So glad I made this half-assed Ultimate Web Throw effect last summer.
>>
>>6186352
Oh shit man, that's pretty good. What's it made of?
>>
>>6186352
That's fucking dope as shit anon
>>
>>6186326
Moribito2go from JINKI series. That's a Kaiyodo figure actually, and it's funny because after it was made the art style of the robot changed in the manga. The guy clearly used the figure as a reference. Same guy did Reycal manga.

I like the series, but they keep throwing the towel, start a sequel series, maybe have flashback for 5 volumes bridging the two, and then do it all over again. At the time the series ended mid-flashback. The guy to the left is the latest and I think it is a sequel too.
>>
>>6186358
>>6186371
Thanks, anons. I made it using cloth covered floral wire, 32 gauge if memory serves me correct. One pack was enough to make that, and like 3 or 4 weblines.
>>
File: Question.png (133KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
Question.png
133KB, 248x248px
Should I pay aftermarket prices for Spider-Man or wait it out for a rerelease? Are rereleases common for Revoltech figures?
>>
>>6186649
well deadpool got one so probably. If not definitely a black suit variant
>>
>>6186654
That's what I was thinking. I heard Deadpool was rereleased due to licensing shenanigans, so I was unsure.

I just got into Revos with Venom Snake and I wasn't sure about how often these things get second runs.
>>
>>6186649
>Are rereleases common for Revoltech

Not really, but a select few tends to get rereleased multiple times. The fan favorites. So I say Spidey is very likely.

I think they under-produce Revos today to be on the safe side, make more if it was well received. VulcanLogs clearly were overproduced for a while so it's a valid strategy.
>>
>>6186678
It seemed like that was the case. Some figures have kept pretty close to their standard price for a good while, and others are ridiculous in the aftermarket.
>>
>>6186674
>Deadpool was rereleased due to licensing shenanigans,
Not so accurate. DP sold out on Kayodo's store on its own despite restrictions. Amazon Japan prices went up to like 9000 yen-ish, the demand was there.

Becoming safe for international sale was an added bonus.
>>
>>6186693
Thanks for the clarification, man. Do you have a go to place for news in these figs other than the usual /toy/ thread?
>>
File: 2017-02-16 22.03.23.jpg (184KB, 1166x903px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-16 22.03.23.jpg
184KB, 1166x903px
>>6186341
Thanks for the photo, the right leg doesn't look too bad, honestly
>>6186190
Nice, I would've just rotated the elbow though
>>
>>6186699
It helps that I can read Japanese.

Figsoku is my go to besides twitters of the people involved. Also 2chan Revo General talks about stuff I would normally miss. TAGHobby I don't like the new look, and they are lacking in stuff not Bandai usually.

The livestream Kaiyodo used to do was a good place for major hints and insights for what 's to come, but they stopped last time I checked.

Other anons are on the same page for latest news though, so keeping eyes here isn't so different.

If there are other good Japanese sites like that Ken Elephant employee's? blog I would like to know too.
>>
>>6186732
>Nice, I would've just rotated the elbow though

Yeah, thinking back, I should've just done the same. I was looking at a sprite rip and trying to get it as exact as I could've, seems I threw common sense out the window. Great posing, anon.
>>
>>6186352
This is great.
>>
>>6185069
The World of Nintendo Samus sculpt is close, but lacks that chunkiness. On top of being total shit artication
>>
TAKEYA POSTED THIS, SEEMS TO BE A WONFES THING WITH KAIYODO.

WILL THIS BE A REVOLTECH OR NOT?! not likely because of the 3000 yen price tag, but PLEASE OH LORD, PLEASE BE A REVOLTECH, or at the very least be a better vinyl than the Bandai one.
>>
>>6185077

Wasn't there supposed to be Asura's Wrath figures but they got lost in the ether?

That burns my butt
>>
File: yasai01_detail07_img.png (244KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
yasai01_detail07_img.png
244KB, 600x450px
>>6187707
Hate to break it to you, but I think it's a joke item.

Shin Go-ya instead of Shin Godzilla.
>>
>>6187816

>THE PAIN
>>
>>6182810

I literally got mind yesterday and can honestly say he's the most fun toy I own.
The combination of his accessories, eye pieces and amazing poseability make him super expressive and fun to fuck around with.
He's currently dangling down from my wardrobe in the middle of shooting out another web/ He spent all last night climbing up my computer tower.

If you are asking for pics to see if you want the figure, I'm telling you now he's worth every penny.

I reckon I'm pretty good at posing but I only have a shitty camera phone and poor lighting.
>>
>>6184749

>>6184180

Turns out it was capable of it.
>>
>>6187996
I took that pic and to be fair, the leg isn't touching anything. It's a good angle that really helps.
>>
>>6187192
Well that's because it's the prime 3 varia suit anon, same with the newest figma that had it's new painted proto shown off today-ish >>6187401
Which is the slimmed down Prime 1 suit, which in turn was the Super Varia suit westernized in a sense.
Still very different suits all around really.
>>
File: A spider and some thieves.jpg (820KB, 1602x901px) Image search: [Google]
A spider and some thieves.jpg
820KB, 1602x901px
It's just another Spiderman shot but I just realized how ideal it must be having Lupin and Jigen around for stuff like this if I had a good backdrop and something like a bag of diamonds or money.
>>
>>6182706
>>6182998
>>6183073
Revoltech Morrigan when?
>>
File: fraulein.png (205KB, 597x906px) Image search: [Google]
fraulein.png
205KB, 597x906px
somebody stop me
>>
File: armoroid.jpg (637KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
armoroid.jpg
637KB, 1600x1200px
Colors poll.
>>
File: 1487466553326.jpg (585KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487466553326.jpg
585KB, 1600x1200px
>>6193023
These must be the variation parts like the other Nexus had.

Hope they intend to do more than one best choice color.
>>
File: 1487467040185.jpg (535KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1487467040185.jpg
535KB, 1536x2048px
EXCITE!!!
>>
File: 1487466618031.jpg (427KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487466618031.jpg
427KB, 1600x1200px
There's that "thin book."
>>
>>6193112
It actually happened, nice.

Glad to see women Yamaguchi Revo are back, kept nagging about it long enough.
>>
>>6193112
Summer release. Also I can see it has same hip joint style as Spider-Man.
>>
>>6193112
Didn't expect this to happen, but that actually looks pretty good
Might pick it up
>>
>>6193112
The face sculpt looks fantastic, makes me wish we had gotten one for Pete, but he already came with a lot so it's not too big a deal

>>6193132
I've been looking for a super-poseable female action figure of any kind which can be posed in really dynamic action poses for like months

Now we just need Agent Venom and this is the godliest line
>>
>>6193112
A female Yamaguchi? Hell must have frozen over.
>>
I have the Ingram Movie Ver. and it's fucking impossible to fit the weapons in his hands. Is this normal?
>>
>>6193195
He used to make a bunch before Revoltech, then only two throughout the line. He's not that bad at it.
>>
>>6193112
Oh shit. Definitely getting that
>>
>>6193214
Heat up the hands to make it softer first.
>>
>>6193247
If you're not memeing - How should I heat them up and for how long?
>>
>>6193112
I had a wishlist just for female heroes and she was there, should've posted it again.

But she was already a popular choice, just surprised she actually got picked.
>>
>>6193267
Meme?

Hair dryer, a few seconds for small piece is all you need. Hold it in a towel or something so you wont hurt your fingers.
>>
>>6193229
I only know of Revoltech Revy and those DoA candy toys.
>>
>>6193112
I'm going to get it, if only for the web effects.
>>
>>6193276
Looks great.
>>
>>6193112
>those swirling web effect parts

gat DAMN, that's sick. I'll bet she can use Spidey's effects, too
>>
>>6193312
Yup, also Reycal. And Tenjo Tenge capsules I think they were not candy toy. And DMC had those two ladies.
>>
>>6193334
Genuinely great piece of art desu
>>
>>6193278
I thought Captain Marvel or Domino were more likely because one has that hero colors everyone loves and the other, Yamaguchi loves guns.
>>
>>6193115
What a nice racaseal figure
>>
>>6193377
All of the characters picked so far are really popular in Japan, i don't think they're particularly fond of Carol. Domino would be really cool though
>>
>>6193435
>i don't think they're particularly fond of Carol
Is anyone?
>>
>>6193459
I think she's cute.
>>
>>6193477
She's literally a murderous fascist tho

Pros and cons i guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>6193435
Wasn't sure Spider Gwen was, as she is pretty new and not really in anything besides comics.

Captain Marvel I was on the theory Kaiyodo was doing Marvel movie heroes before other companies make their movie versions. And I think girl on black with bunch of guns would sell okay on it's own,

I was expecting Wolverine and Iron Man so glad to know female heroes can happen. Doesn't take that much work to do a majority of them.

If DC can happen Batman and Catwoman can happen for sure.
>>
>>6193023
I hope they make all of them, so I can have 3 of each to fill the 66 units armoroid army.
>>
>>6193515
In black I mean, Also Deadpool ties. I don't care about that character that much. I like Captain Marvel 's design though.
>>
>>6193112

>not Wolverine

Pretty much what I expected but damn son.

Throw in Gwenpool while you're at it.
>>
No Movie Revo yet?

I guess we're just getting one reveal per brand.
>>
>>6193574
>Gwenpool
>yfw she comes with $$ alt eyes
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (400KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
400KB, 2048x1536px
>>
Anything monster hunter related shown!?
>>
File: Untitled2.jpg (410KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.jpg
410KB, 2048x1536px
>>
>>6193574
>>6193626
No! :3
>>
>>6193627
>>6193638
not sure I'm okay with that absolute lack of booty.
>>
>>6193638
>>6193627

cute face, hope the retail version is as good
>>
>>6193669
Do you not have the Spidey? Trust me, it's just the way it's posed, there's sure to be plenty of booty my friend
>>
>>6193669
Are you blind or do you just not know how these toys work?
>>
>>6193626
Make eyes whiteboard and include markers.

Yamaguch had fun with a similar toy recently.
>>
>>6193638
>>6193627
Is that an extra thigh joint I see?
>>
File: nobooty.jpg (172KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
nobooty.jpg
172KB, 1024x768px
>>6193687
>>6193695
where the crack ought to be, it's just smooth. Though I see some sort of hip-piece coming around, does she have ass-cheeks attached to each leg or something?
>>
>>6193638
Eye balls gimmick lives from what I see here. Single joint revo shoulders might not look so great standing still or have the range we want. Oh well.
>>
>>6193709
Okay wow so you are a total retard. Glad we cleared that up.
>>
>>6193627
>>6193638
It might be the angle, it might be his track record, but her head is looking mighty tiny. I'm hoping it's not as bad as deadpool, spidey was skinnier so even though his head was the same size it didn't stand out as much.

>>6193704
Looks like the same setup as spider-man to me, balljoint and a cut swivel.
>>
>>6193704
>>6193709
>>6193709
What are you on about? It;s exactly the same as Spider-Man.
>>
>>6193709
look at Venom.. and tell me she won't have a booty.
>>
>>6193730
you keep saying that, but not everybody has spider-man. I can clearly see where the ass-cheeks ought to be, but they ain't there. No pubic mound, either. it's like a barbie-tier.
>>
somoene post spiderman's ass already so we can expect gwen have something like that too fuck
>>
File: female anatomy for retards.jpg (510KB, 1236x1002px) Image search: [Google]
female anatomy for retards.jpg
510KB, 1236x1002px
>>6193709
Dude come on.
>>
>>6193760
>No pubic mound, either
This is Marvel, not Queen's Blade. You're not gonna get the outline of her genitals
>>
File: IMG_1553.jpg (674KB, 2448x2069px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1553.jpg
674KB, 2448x2069px
>>6193772
O-okay J.J. Senpai~
>>
>>6193760
You can literally see the pubic mound right there you cretin
>>
>>6185083
>DC
>No Supes
Why even bother.

Ass selection.
>>
File: chocolate giddyap.jpg (46KB, 300x380px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate giddyap.jpg
46KB, 300x380px
>>6193782
fucking hell I'm retarded.

The hip/thigh piece of the left leg looked like a lazy attempt at a pelvis, and the actual pelvis looked like the hip/thigh piece for the right leg. Her ass isn't pointed straight down like she's doing a hip drop, it's off at an angle. The booty was hiding in plain sight all along.
>>
>Fem Thor may be even a thing

If they want to do the new marvel stuff I'll be fucking stoked for a Robby Ghost Rider Revoltech.
>>
>>6193843
>twn be a Rich Rider Nova Revo
>>
I haven't read anything new so I have no clue what's up with this Spider-Gwen, but she's pretty cute. Might grab her for the Web effects and lewd Spidey shenanigans.
>>
>>6193855
>Dr.Doom Ironman

I'm not a fan of what's going on but I'll bust a nut for that design.
>>
>>6193760
It was discussed over and over, and you can see it just from the way the thighs are cut.
>>
>>6193843
>Robby Ghost Rider Revoltech
Oh man that would be cool.

And with him having been in Agents of SHIELD there really is precedence for him to finally start getting some merch made.
>>
>>6193862
>she's pretty cute

that's all you need to know, buddy. Her own comic is incredibly sub-par so far. Her popularity only exploded due to her fantastic character design
>>
>>6193862
Gwen Stacy from another universe where she got bitten by the spider, and Peter died. There was a big story arc where a bunch of alternate Spider-Mans teamed up. Spider-Gwen was popular, so she got her own series.
>>
>>6193948
>fantastic character design
That's really all you need for action figures. I think the vast majority buys them with no in-depth knowledge of them. Especially for Japanese market.
>>
>>6193976
Right on the money my friend. I consider comic booking to be a 50/50 split between artist and writer, and i wouldn't rather the artist's work be forsaken just because of the story or vice versa
>>
File: 1487472168847.jpg (166KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1487472168847.jpg
166KB, 900x1200px
Fudou Myouou re-released with new paint job.

Was he exclusive first time because I missed him completely and priced jumped.
>>
File: IMG_1560.jpg (92KB, 671x672px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1560.jpg
92KB, 671x672px
We /webhead/ general now?
>>
File: C4_yXZWUMAAoYba.jpg (127KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4_yXZWUMAAoYba.jpg
127KB, 900x1200px
>>
File: C4_yXZYUMAAN3rg.jpg (151KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4_yXZYUMAAN3rg.jpg
151KB, 900x1200px
>>
File: C4_ycPuVMAEUX0y.jpg (154KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4_ycPuVMAEUX0y.jpg
154KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>6194364
>>6194372
With this, Mythic Legions, and the figma Bloodborne/Dark Souls, I hope medieval stuff makes a huge comeback.
>>
File: C4_yctGUcAIZQCP.jpg (147KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4_yctGUcAIZQCP.jpg
147KB, 900x1200px
>>
File: C4_ykjWVcAEcIpy.jpg (138KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4_ykjWVcAEcIpy.jpg
138KB, 900x1200px
>>
>>6194383
Maybe Senmu's Room "Dragon" will make a comeback.
>>
File: C4_ykjUUEAAZV9H.jpg (107KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C4_ykjUUEAAZV9H.jpg
107KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>6194364
>>6194372
Btw looks like these two will be separate items.

Don't know if just horse armor will be an option.
>>
Have they shown the new Monster Hunter revo's yet, or are they not showing them at winter wonfes this year
>>
>>6194491
wondering the same thing. sadly from the past couple Wonfes dumps, stuff like monhun tends to take a while for anyone to drop an image of. sadly not as big a priority to those doing the dumps.
>>
>>6194456
That's good to hear, because I'm really not interested in the horse but the knight is cool as hell
>>
Is the vash figure good?
>>
>>6194491
Union Creative's booth might not be as popular.
>>
how much is the average revoltech figure? Never bought one before but I want Gwen
>>
>>6194636
40-50 depending where you buy from.
Go with either HLJ, AmiAmi, or your going to be price gouged horribly.
Also don't get SAL as your shipping option and be sure to pre-order.
>>
>>6194636
Spider-man's early bird price was exactly 45 from HLJ. In a just world gwen would be even cheaper, but it could go either way.
>>
>>6194636
For me, from HLJ(HobbyLink Japan) Spidey cost like $44ish plus expedited shipping was like $55 or something. Venom is going to cost $60 cause he's a thicker dude. Gwen should be around the same as Spidey
>>
>>6193112
>Spider-Gwen
I can't even begin to explain how sick I am of seeing Gwen everywhere and how forced she is.
Literally the only character I'd call a meme character.

Looks nice, though and I'd be lying if I said I won't at least contemplate getting her.
Would've preferred Agent Venom or Carnage, or (as unlikely as it is) Mysterio, or just about any other Spider-Man character but whatever.
>>
>>6194693
Gwenpool is easily a bigger meme character. I wasn't expecting her either but i'm really glad to get a female figure, especially one with such a unique design. It's just an incredibly popular design more than it is a meme push noone likes by Marvel like Carol.
>>
>>6194716
I meant Gwen in general, Gwenpool or Spider-Gwen. Yes I'm aware they're different characters but still just Marvel cashing in on the popularity of Gwen.

But yeah, the design is nice. Only reason I'm mad is because I was hoping for a figure of a character with a bit more history to them rather than a popular design. Like I said, I'll at least contemplate buying her because she looks great.
>>
>>6193709
>>6193638
>>6193627

I hope this doesn't have all of Yamaguchi's retarded engineering ruining it.
>>
File: 0521.jpg (272KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
0521.jpg
272KB, 800x600px
>>6194772
I can see people, and you, bitching about shoulders and hip/thigh.

UC pics.
>>
>>6194772
Well you can tell from the photos that the hips are the same as Spider-Man's, so that's already a knock. Knees look better though, and the shoulders might be single jointed instead of double.
>>
>>6194772
>line is literally named amazing yamaguchi
I mean, I'm actually curious, what are you expecting?
>>
>>6194772
Just get one of the multitude of other Spider Gwen figures if you don't like it, but it would appear that it'll be comparable in nearly every way to Spidey so use that as your frame of reference
>>
File: MH4U-Teostra_Charge_Blade.png (315KB, 399x442px) Image search: [Google]
MH4U-Teostra_Charge_Blade.png
315KB, 399x442px
>>6194790
It's time
>>
File: 0541.jpg (250KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
0541.jpg
250KB, 800x600px
>>6194793
Single for sure, too small of a sculpt I bet.

Might be mini joints though, has a ball end. I would like that.

2 Kirins!
>>
>>6194790
Yes, they're perfect.
I can't wait for these fine new suits of armor to drop.
>>
File: 0571.jpg (488KB, 800x1066px) Image search: [Google]
0571.jpg
488KB, 800x1066px
All of them just say summer release.
>>
File: 0531.jpg (249KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
0531.jpg
249KB, 800x600px
>>6194814
Would've been nice to see something brand new.
>>
>>6194809
Any word on release for these?
>>
>>6194824
Just summer 2017.
>>
>>6194823
True, maybe come summer wonfes with MHXX.
>>
>>6194855
There was a rumor ages ago of a giant sized monster VulcanLog, any likely candidate from new game?
>>
>>6194809
>>6194790
>>6194823
Any idea on what to expect on these? I'm not into monster hunter at all but I kind of dig these designs. I'm a little skeptical about female revols though, count me out if they sacrifice posability for sculpt.
>>
any new beat or arthur pics?
>>
>>6194823
You must be new to toy shows because the fact that they have production is amazing. We won't see anything new until these are at least up for preorder.
>>
>>6194867
Yamaguchi is in charge of jointing these figures so poseability should be decent. Last one was 100% Yamaguchi made but it was fantastic all around.

Female Revos are pretty good if not Fraulein.
>>
>>6194881
Not new. The momentum for Vulcanlogs is down for sure.

I mean anything, a picture for what's next, no sculpt.
>>
>>6194796
I don't see any name plates for the Gwen figure.

I assume someone else made the figure, but i guess there's no hope.

Fucking Yamaguchi to go blind already and stop ruining toys.

How come a Figma hasn't been announced already?
>>
>>6194931
>I assume someone else made the figure

....It's Yamaguchi. I don't even comprehend why you would think otherwise.
>>
>>6194931
She's surrounded by three other figures in the amazing yamaguchi line, with a giant sign in the background that says AMAZING YAMAGUCHI. Come on man, this isn't hard.
>>
>>6194945
Like i said, i saw no sign and assumed someone else like >>6194053 >>6194364 made it.

Is the retard the only one making revoltechs now or something?
>>
>>6194959
The fucking line is called "AMAZING YAMAGUCHI", are you really this dense?
>>
File: 46128039_05deb5b1e8_o.jpg (142KB, 937x600px) Image search: [Google]
46128039_05deb5b1e8_o.jpg
142KB, 937x600px
>>6194931
You can see the same type of face sculpt he likes to do for female figures.

You hate the guy and can't even tell his sculpt apart. Just shut up forever.
>>
>>6194959
The fact you assumed anything like that is mind boggling, especially you bitch about hating what he does.

So the sculpt is good huh? You like Yamaguchi sculpt now?
>>
>>6194965
are you dumb?
Go look at the posts i quoted. None of them show shit.

Sorry if i only click on images that clearly shows a figure.

>ib4 tard points out blurry background unfocused gibberish im supposed to be able to decipher
>>
No sign of Arthur?
>>
>>6194997
>knows Amazing Yamaguchi line produces superheroes
>New superhero figure announced
>"who sculpted this? Hopefully not Yamaguchi!"
I've never seen retardation of this magnitude.
>>
File: tmnt revoltech 1556.jpg (82KB, 675x556px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt revoltech 1556.jpg
82KB, 675x556px
>>6194991
I liked him before he started fucking up toys by making them look like disjointed messes.

I guess it makes sense now that people can't tell where the ass begins because of how badly engineered it is.
>>
>>6195008
That was it for the UC report on Dengeki Hobby.
>>
>>6195023
or because it's on the other side of the figure than the angle that it was photographed from? how are you seriously gonna assess how good of a booty someone's got from looking at them from the front wtf?

you don't have to participate in the Amazing Yamaguchi line if you don't want to there are dozens of other iterations of any character he could conceivably add to the line so i have no idea why you want to pick nits on something you have no chance of liking
>>
File: revoltech-tmnt_1200_812_85.jpg (167KB, 1200x812px) Image search: [Google]
revoltech-tmnt_1200_812_85.jpg
167KB, 1200x812px
>>6195019
>>only Amazing Yamaguchi line produces superheroes for the Revoltech line now
fixed?
How the fuck should i know that?

Revoltechs seem so random with the TMNT being produced and minis being canceled and other random shit.
Plus, it's fucking Toy Fair and Wonder Festival time. You know, when they announce new lines and toys?

Fucking use your brain and consider their history instead of narrowly focusing on defending a terrible engineer.
>>
>>6195023
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Autism
Ahh that explains a lot.
>>
>>6195057
Oh I knew it was him.
>>6195051
Movie Revo is also superheroes stuff too. But you know, from the movies. You can tell from the name.

Not about defending him, just being able to tell who made a particular figure, using our brains.
>>
File: 1485756709071.png (370KB, 847x744px) Image search: [Google]
1485756709071.png
370KB, 847x744px
>that "reeeeee yamaguichi" anon is back at it again
>>
>>6182792
>DmC
Please, anon, don't do it.
>>
File: C4_eY5DUMAANZmV.jpg (103KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4_eY5DUMAANZmV.jpg
103KB, 675x1200px
More shots of the same things. I think we saw everything there is to see.
>>
File: 520.jpg (172KB, 800x1462px) Image search: [Google]
520.jpg
172KB, 800x1462px
>>
File: 720.jpg (76KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
720.jpg
76KB, 800x533px
>>
File: 820.jpg (78KB, 800x607px) Image search: [Google]
820.jpg
78KB, 800x607px
Happy now?
>>
>>6195189
Those thighs....
>>
>>6195199
is this a joke about how people on here don't know how to read japanese, but we must know what all that means?
>>
File: C5AWj3dUEAA4AJ8.jpg (171KB, 899x1199px) Image search: [Google]
C5AWj3dUEAA4AJ8.jpg
171KB, 899x1199px
>>
>>6195208
No, making fun of the TMNT guy.

Summer 夏 release is the only important info.
>>
>>6195189
These hips don't LOOK like the cut swivels spider-man had because they're not diagonal, but I can't really tell. There's a lot of gappng from the bottom so I'm hoping they're balljoints like deadpool again.

>>6195199
Can't read, is there a month in there?
>>
>>6195223
They're definitely angled cuts.
>>
File: 620.jpg (138KB, 800x798px) Image search: [Google]
620.jpg
138KB, 800x798px
>>
>>6195223
It's exactly the same cut.

See >>6195221
>>
>>6195196
I wonder what the hole on the hood is for?
>>
>>6195179
I don't know why when i typed that i left the 'm' lowercase, i meant the original series. I don't ever even think of the reboot anymore. I'd like to see Revoltech take another crack at the Devil May Cry series again though, especially a matching Dante and Vergil preferably from 3
>>
>>6195250
spider sense tingling effect part?
>>
File: tumblr_lsx53lZmH81r4pdjso1_500.jpg (36KB, 435x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lsx53lZmH81r4pdjso1_500.jpg
36KB, 435x600px
>>6195253
Do people like this? I like it.
>>
>>6195267
!!!!!!!

>>6195272
yes, this is designkino
>>
>>6195267
Hm, I guess. I think form-fitting would be better with no need for holes.
>>
>>6195272
>Kaneko
fuck yeah I'd throw money
>>
>>6193709
AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

>Being this retarded
>>
>>6195189
That's such a cool phone accessory, wouldn't work with Spidey though :/
>>
File: DT_DMC4.png (588KB, 702x934px) Image search: [Google]
DT_DMC4.png
588KB, 702x934px
>>6195272
Love that one, but personally prefer this one
>>
>>6195282
>new SMT title
>Figma Mara
>Figma Pixie

I want to be excited for an SMT push in articulated figures but I'm ready for anything.
>>
>>6195296
I'll gladly buy that too. I'll buy all these damn sexy demons.
>>6195297
I'm kinda worried, to be honest. Max Factory is terrible with continuing franchises unless it's Fates (and even then, the majority of it is fucking Saber) or something really popular like idolshit.

For all we know, they can release Mara and Pixie, another (female) demon, and call it quits.
>>
The fuck, no new MOVIE REVO. Blog lied.
>>
>>6195231
So what's the deal with this character? It seems like one of those meme things.
>>
>>6195199
>Wait! What figure is this? and who sculped it?

Aah, these retarded anons make my day.
>>
>>6195317
If any more than those I'm amazed. Don't like these mega figma at 20000 yen plus, rather be a statue for half that. They don't move much anyways.

I could go for a Thor or anything Digital Devil Saga.
>>
>>6195327
she's gwen stacy from an alternate universe where she was bitten by the spider instead of peter
>>
>>6195327
She came from the Spiderverse event that had all these Spiderman from different universes I think converge. Her design pretty much won her a series and now we have Gwenpool (Gwen as Deadpool) as a character. I like the design also but I wish some of the other Spiderman's got a chance also (Mecha Spiderman managed to hit all the right nerves).
>>
>>6195327
I thought it was more to do with making girlfriends into own heroes trend. Red Shehulk, Thor, new Hawkeye? (don't know who that was), whatever make male heroes' girl version. Oh yeah new Wolverine too. Squirrel-Girl would be the meme I imagine.
>>
File: serph.jpg (205KB, 822x1381px) Image search: [Google]
serph.jpg
205KB, 822x1381px
>>6195335
>Digital Devil Saga

I haven't yet gotten around to playing any of these games but i'd still shell out good money for a figure of this bad motherfucker, these designs are spectacular
>>
File: japanspidermanandmech.jpg (147KB, 500x688px) Image search: [Google]
japanspidermanandmech.jpg
147KB, 500x688px
>>6195354
>Mecha Spiderman
Leopaldon?
>>
File: Edge-Spider-Verse-5-04.jpg (1MB, 1282x2003px) Image search: [Google]
Edge-Spider-Verse-5-04.jpg
1MB, 1282x2003px
>>6195367
This
>>
>>6195354
>Her design pretty much won her a series and now we have Gwenpool (Gwen as Deadpool)

This reads like you're saying that SpiderGwen became Gwenpool but for clarfication they're seperate characters, it was a trend for a little while.

>>6195367
I think he means SP//DR, but Supaidaman was also in the event
>>
>>6195377
Very industrial, nice.
>>
>>6195377
Why is Baymax in a fight with Tetsuoooooooooo?
>>
>>6195386
I worded a bit oddly but yeah.
>>
>>6195392
And Section 9.
>>
File: frank-cho-howard-the-duck.jpg (116KB, 627x960px) Image search: [Google]
frank-cho-howard-the-duck.jpg
116KB, 627x960px
>>6195327
It is a meme, but it's also something to fap over, so it continues being a thing.

Here's hoping a Figma is made, so it doesn't look like a bunch of chopped up body parts like the Revoltech.
>>
>>6195377
>Normies just know Ghost in the Shell and Akira
>>
>>6194931
>Fucking Yamaguchi to go blind already and stop ruining toys
Careful not to cut yourself on all that edge
>>
>>6193627
Can Spidey actually move his toes down?
>>
>>6195550
just a little bit
>>
Wolverine was shown but it was no photos. I took a picture. I won't show you because you is full of autists
>>
>>6195593
I see you're a man of principle, I respect that.
>>
>>6195593
I just read he was out and was gonna inform everyone.

Has a cigar, and face sculpt is apparently good.

Picture will come out eventually.
>>
>>6193115

Whats the date? Or is that moonspeak "TBA 2017"?
>>
Movie Revo was the pair from Zootopia.

Amazing Yamaguchi might also do DC.
>>
>>6193459

Everyone was a fan of her when she was in a coma and unheard of for like 20+ years and not being some corporate mandate diversity hire dredged up from Marvel's past.
>>
>>6195627
>Amazing Yamaguchi might also do DC.

Source?
>>
>>6195620
Yeah.
>>
>>6195627
Judy and Nick are getting Revos?
>>
>>6195637
Just 2chan chatter, guy asked someone at the booth. Take that as you will.

It's stupid not to though.
>>
>>6195642
It seems so, no one is calling it out as false.
>>
>>6195641

Damn. That pinkbot looks great. Was hoping that gobbledygook there was a month and not "lol sometime this year maybe".
>>
>>6195657
Can't think of any DC heroes i'd like to see in Yamaguchi's style... Swamp Thing would be rad. Any ideas anyone?
>>
>>6195627
>Revoltech Zootopia

MORE INFO PLEASE
>>
>>6195669
That was mine.>>6185083

Batman characters are pretty much all good to go, you want them to be highly articulated. Cape sculpt and joint work would be interesting. Dethstroke and Deadpool are the same thing. Currently I want a Hellbat Armor.
>>
File: IMG_1581.jpg (965KB, 1500x2277px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1581.jpg
965KB, 1500x2277px
>>6195689
Hellbat is awesome and drastically underrepresented
>>
>>6195672
Them and Wolverine were "no photos allowed."
>>
>>6195657
Link?
>>
>>6195706
Were they showed off?
>>
>>6195707
There's really nothing there besides what I posted.

http://echo.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/toy/1476689696/
>>
>>6195706
That won't stop them. Someone nabbed a good pic of the unpainted Deadpool figma; Wolverine should come up shortly.
>>
>>6195713
Seems so, I'm just reading >>6195719
and twitter.
>>
>>6195722
Oh yeah. Most Japanese folks are polite but something always comes out.

Apparently people steal some samples and protos too.
>>
>when you accidentally check Revoltech general for Beat but find out Zootopia is getting figures
>when you remember Beat is a vulcanlog after the furfag excitement dies down

Time to get my first revoltech then!
>>
>>6195746

Vulcanlogs are revoltechs though. They just are the ones being branded by Union Creative.
>>
>>6195753
I had no idea, thought I saw vulcanlog generals before but guess not.

So this is the place to ask....

Is Beat ever coming out?
>>
>>6195761

Revo generals are vulcanlog generals and vice versa. It's all the same stuff. Don't worry bro, it's all good here.

And I have no idea when Beat's coming out. I haven't been keeping track of any news on'em. Someone here might know better, but /toy/'s a slow board.
>>
So the plan seems to be do Marvel to get a good foothold, then DC, then Japanese IPs. This will take a while. Wolverine is far from finished and the costume might change so they didn't allowed photos yet. Shoulders were similar to Venom apparently.

Spider-Gwen PO should start pretty soon, aiming fro 5900 yen.

There is no actual plan now for the Knight as to how to sell them, with or without horse and what not.
>>
>>6195761
Who knows. That company is really unclear what they want to do with Vulcanlogs. Likelihood wise I say him and Arthur are after all the MHs and Dino Getter 1 at this point.
>>
>>6195774
Alright i'll just keep lurking til then, thanks for all the help by the way!
>>
>>6195781
I was interested in Arthur too, but that makes sense for them to get the more popular MH stuff out first.
>>
Made new one while I'm awake. >>6195851
>>
>>
>>6195627
>Amazing Yamaguchi might also do DC
I'd be more excited if I liked the way Revoltech does capes. But I'm not a fan, and all the DC characters I'd really want wear capes, aside from Green Lantern, who might not be high priority, and wouldn't really benefit too much from Yamaguchi's insane articulation.

Batman Beyond maybe? That would be sweet.
>>
>>6195689
If they do Batman, I hope we'll at least get an optional cloth cape.
>>
>>6196177
God this looks so good. Shame it's probably yellow suit-- I prefer brown. Still, if Yamaguchi trickles into doing other X-Men, I'll personally suck his dick.
>>
File: His war.jpg (240KB, 1156x669px) Image search: [Google]
His war.jpg
240KB, 1156x669px
>Missed all my chances to get Deadpool
My love hate relationship with revoltech joints betrayed me once again
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.