[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VOLTRON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5392.jpg (2MB, 3895x2554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5392.jpg
2MB, 3895x2554px
Anyone else got their hands on this God-tier figure?
>>
>>6120385
Yeah, and its badass. Some whiners will cry that it isn't perfect because the arms and legs of the lion limbs don't disappear like in the show(because they couldn't afford to keep drawing and coloring them in), but its the perfect Voltron, which is amazing considering the sheer amount of times the design has been done.

You hold this in your hand, and it just feels like quality. Yeah, the die-cat metal meme doesn't make a figure perfect, but when it compliments a figure, it does so well and here's a case where it does.
>>
File: IMG_5391.jpg (2MB, 3024x3791px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5391.jpg
2MB, 3024x3791px
So I guess we're the only two..

I know he's expensive but I felt like this was some kind of event or something. Anyone reading this that does not have this figure is missing out
>>
Check this >>6075927 out
>>
>>6120385
I can't get over the torso proportions. It just looks too thick.
>>
>>6120983
>>6120385
Why does chrome look like ass?
Does it at least use quality plastic instead of the stuff that feels lighter than styrofoam?
Or did they chrome shitty diecast to make it flake off even worse than if it were made on that paper-light plastic?
>>
>>6121022
Until you compare it to the toynami that now looks sickly side by side. Also the design notes included with the figure illustrate how wickedly close to the original design concept this figure is. Voltron was originally designed by Bandai.

>>6121028
Most of the visible diecast is the lion legs. It's good quality and not thin or flaky whatsoever. All the plastic is extemely thick except maybe the arm lions could be slightly studier. It's very solid and well constructed
>>
>>6121028
>Why does the chrome look like ass

It's literally throwing lens flares in anon's picture. It looks shiny and glossy as hell
>>
>>6120385
>chogokin
>japanese toy
>calling GoLion by his american slave name
wut
>>
>>6121050
>Bandai does a Dairugger
>Uh oh, we're gonna have to name this Voltron again
>normies dont buy it because they already have a Voltron
>>
>>6121045
Did you also know Voltron was original called GoLion and redubned footage so that no one died because conservative american christians would have complained about it more?
>>
>>6120398
>>6121045
>expensive
>immediately feels the need to try to explain why all the negative criticism of the figure is wrong because of a constant need of self reassuring over an "expensive" purchase
>diecast feels like quality
>there's no reason it should follow the source for the lion legs but for some reason it should definitely follow the wrong proportions of the same source
>can't use the general
This is getting ridiculous.
Oh and for those who don't like the figure: a lot of people on Japanese boards are saying it's so lacking because it's an old design Bandai made years ago but couldn't release before because of licensing issues.
>>
>>6121067
Hey subjectanon
>>
>>6121085
Hey Jin. How are you doing?
>>
>>6121045
>Also the design notes included with the figure illustrate how wickedly close to the original design concept this figure is.

That's interesting, but it doesn't mean it ended up looking like a decent figure.
>>
>>6121067
And look how much this thing cost in Japan now, whatever they say doesnt matter because they still want it. People in the usa is lucky since theres domestic distribution there.
>>
File: IMG_5378.jpg (997KB, 2477x2522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5378.jpg
997KB, 2477x2522px
>>6120398 #
Wow you sure were right

Can't wait until this figure is like 800 and these same people are literally crying with rage that they missed out

Screencap this
>>
>>6121114
And look how little you know about SOC.
>>
>>6121125
I like how this thing only look passable from certain angles in certain poses. It's like a $300 Revoltech.
>>
>>6121114
He's already up by $100 on eBay since he released the other day. How much is he in Japan?

>>6121126
Please enlighten us further on why you're so mad anon
>>
File: IMG_5412.jpg (240KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5412.jpg
240KB, 1280x1024px
>>6121128
>
>>
Voltron is retarded. It has a stupid legacy
>>
>>6121129
>immediately feels the need to try to explain why all the negative criticism of the figure is wrong because of a constant need of self reassuring over an "expensive" purchase
>others are mad
Sure thing buddy.
>>
>>6121129
It's worth pointing out that this figure is being officially released here via Bluefin by the end of this month, so all the typical domestic places (including Amazon) all have him for a reasonable price.
>>
>>6121150
The toy is fucking great, but I agree. If it hadn't been for Voltron, Golion would've become just another forgotten obscure giant robot anime nobody cares about enough to even include it in the SRW games.

And the only thing that makes Golion watchable is the violence, all of which got cut out in Voltron.
>>
>>6121484
And they don't even kill off black in the new show!
>>
>>6121067
>>6121110
>>6121128

Stop making whine. Your grapes are too sour.
>>
>>6121594
Stop trying to convince yourself you did the right thing, poorfag.
>>
>>6121630
>Stop trying to convince yourself you did the right thing, poorfag.

Still miffed at yourself for deciding not to pre-order, huh? That's the cauldron calling the snowshoe hare black.
>>
>>6121641
I don't even want it for free.
>>
>>6121644

So, is there a Voltron or Golion toy you would want? If so, which one?
>>
>>6121641
You do realize everyone can still buy it for retail, right?
>>
>>6121651
No. None of them looks good.
>>
>>6121709

Ah. So you are in this thread because...

Why, exactly?
>>
Of all the Voltrons that's have ever been released so far, this one is the best. It is an absolute joy to have. I was hesitant at first because I thought the proportions were off in early photos, but having it in hand, it is literally perfect and everything ii'd want from a Voltron figure.

I don't get how people can criticize it, honestly.
>>
>>6121719
Oh I see, you're one of those "only people with good things to say should talk" people. More power to you I guess.
>>
>>6121741
Oh I see, you're one of those "I'm gonna piss in everyone's cereal" people.
More power to you I guess.
>>
Why are can't people handle criticism of this figure? It's been a while since I've seen people get this defensive of a toy, maybe its their first $200+ toy?
>>
The only criticism is that they didn't hide the legs even though SUPERIOR TOYFNAMI VERSION
didn't either
If people are going to shit on the SOC for that reason they should shit on the Toynami one as well.
Oh wait they won't, because the Toynami was cheaper and it's all sour grapes
>>
>>6121792
>maybe its their first $200+ toy?
I think you're onto something.
>>
>>6121807
Are you retarded? No one thinks the Toynami version is superior.

People are more critical of the SoC as being from SoC line, it was supposed to be the definite be all and end all Voltron/GoLion figure. So fans are allowed to be disappointed they didn't get that.
>>
>Toynami
10 years ago
>SOC
2 weeks ago

Yeah, it's unfair, people should bitch about the Toynami more!
>>
>>6121827
Problem is that SoC isn't supposed to be just animation accurate, but it's also supposed to evoke the original gokin toys, so you could easily consider the visible lion legs to fall under that half.
>>
>>6121827
>Are you retarded? No one thinks the Toynami version is superior.

You must be new to these threads.
>>
>>6122001
Because they did it this time (because it was an easy excuse to avoid a more intricate design and more costly r&d) doesn't mean that's what the line is about. Did you ever look at the freaking line up? Holy shit you're retarded.
>>
POVERTY
O
V
E
R
T
Y
>>
>>6121067
>>there's no reason it should follow the source for the lion legs but for some reason it should definitely follow the wrong proportions of the same source

What came first, the Golion figure, or the anime? At any rate, I've always considered the old Popy figure to be the definitive Voltron. When I think Voltron,I think the shiny chrome Lion limbs, the numbered lions, and all the pointless little Lion weapons. I never knew there where people who really wanted a Voltron that could make those Lion limbs disappear, until relatively recently. I thought when it came to older mecha animation, people preferred an idealized version of the mecha, rather than the lower details of the animation.
>>
>>6121792
>Why are can't people handle criticism of this figure?

Criticism is fine. Not liking it is fine.

But if you say something like...

>>6121128
>I like how this thing only look passable from certain angles in certain poses. It's like a $300 Revoltech.

...Then you should really expect to be called out on how ridiculous you are. If you can't handle that, maybe you should go cry about the big mean gokin elsewhere.
>>
>>6122073
>Did you ever look at the freaking line up?
Did you?
>>
>>6122217
The Golion anime was firt but it was almost simultaneous just like most toys aimed at kids that wouldn't sell without the anime airing. Doesn't prove anything.
> I've always considered the old Popy figure to be the definitive Voltron. When I think Voltron,I think [...]
>I
is the keyword.
>I thought when it came to older mecha animation, people preferred an idealized version of the mecha
And they do. You're just thinking of your idealized version. For a lot of people, an idealized version is a cleaner robot with a more intricate transformation. Just look at the Transformers Masterpiece line where everyone is having a stroke as soon as the smallest detail isn't just like it was onscreen. Liking the toy look or the animation look is fine but implying it's "supposed" to follow the "source" for parts you like while ignoring those you don't is completely nonsensical.
>>
>>6122425
>you should really expect to be called out on how ridiculous you are. If you can't handle that, maybe you should go cry about the big mean gokin elsewhere.
Could you project even more? Not everyone likes your terrible looking robot. Get over it already.
>>6122495
As a matter of fact, yes, I did, and I also own(ed) about half of them at some point. Most of them being as accurate as possible to what they looked like in their respective anime.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.