[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toy designs that you really HATE!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

File: ANGER_Render.png (934KB, 716x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ANGER_Render.png
934KB, 716x1024px
>Mine: Anything by kidrobot
>>
Me? Anything by the following:

Hasbro
Mattel
LEGO
McFarlane
NECA
Four Horsemen Studios
Funko
Super7
ThreeA
ThreeZero
1000toys
>>
>>6032715
(you)
>>
>>6032715
Ahh, a fellow Bandai / superior nippon collector I see. Good taste, my friend.
>>
>>6032705
Any transfomering toys that have fake parts in robot mode. Like tires or windshields used to make arms or chest that are not from the alt mode. Just there to make you think that's where they came from.
>>
>>6032705
your favourite toyline
>>
>>6032715
l e
>>
Funko Pop.
It's like collecting colon cancer.
>>
>>6033992
Then don't collect it if it's that bad.
or are you just going to endlessly bitch about how ugly they are for being desk baubles?
>>
>>6034006
funko pop is normie shit that lacks any real charm to them, look the same, and paint apps are rough as guts, that said nendoroids are just as bad, if not worse because of how much more expensive they are (although they fix up the imperfections funko pops have).

One doesn't have to collect them to know how shit they are, window boxes are a blessing and shit inside concealed boxes are what I hate, wonder what the other funko pop hater thinks
>>
>>6034032
Then don't buy them, fucking christ. this meme of hating pops for no actual reason needs to end.
>>
>>6034094
>no actual reason

You just responded to someone listing multiple reasons
>>
Funko Pop. Copy/paste shit-tastic designs, and there's always that guy you know who collects them. Calling them a toy is pretty fucking generous when they're effectively shitty statues with rotating heads.

Let me ask - if you collect these, is there something appealing about having a wall of cheap shit? Why not save up for a few decent-looking figures of things you like rather than grabbing these glass-eyed statues that are 80% the same as the one beside it. Even worse if there's one you're proud of owning because it's rare, because rare shit... is still shit.
>>
all combiner wars transformers

1 torso + 4 limbs is lazy design
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Funko Pop. I shouldn't have to see walls of them at Normie Con
>>
>>6034094
>lists several reasons
>"no actual reason"
Spot the Tumblr hipster who collects Pops.
>>
>>6034181
>toyline that uses a gimmick that is based off a modular design is lazy
Well no fucking shit. What next, you'll complain that all TR heads function exactly the same and are therefore lazy too?
>>
File: 1471370215275.jpg (33KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1471370215275.jpg
33KB, 500x333px
>>6034185
This, I can't stand it. I hate that I have to feel like "my" culture is getting boxed and sold but that is genuinely what it feels like.

>introducing new "reference dolls" only 12 dollars a go, step right up step right up. Every head of a show and though yeah that sounds good, POP! now you know. Ever over hear a 90's kid list but don't get it? POP! know you do!

Maybe if they were a little more interesting than all the same model with a different hat it would be something. Like basically I have to explain to my friends that my nendroids are basically like POPs but with effort thrown into the mix.
>>
>>6034190
>NOT MUH HASBRO

go buy some ponies, since you're Hasbro's bitch. Or just mail them your paycheck directly so you don't have to buy toys that encourage liberal ideas. And while you're finding ways to not support liberal ideas, stop worshiping Jesus since he fed poor people and hated violence.
>>
>>6034212
Ok, did you actually just have an autism attack?
Because that's the only way to explain this amount of sperg for this little amount of differing opinion.
That or radiation poisoning from working at the projection factory.
>>
>>6034198
i don't give a shit about transformers period
>>
>>6032705
I wouldn't say hate, but really don't get the appeal:
Kidrobot
Titan Vinyls (good head sculpts though)
most Funko POP figures
>>
File: 1478048995479.gif (2MB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
1478048995479.gif
2MB, 500x530px
>>6034212
Damn, someone got triggered hard.

How's it feel though that even equines from Hasbro are considered better than when Funko did them and had QC problems all over?
>>
File: skeleton relaxin.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton relaxin.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
>>6034212
why you mad though
>>
>>6034179
I honestly like jabba's pig guard. It's pretty adorable.
>>
File: when.png (40KB, 1239x679px) Image search: [Google]
when.png
40KB, 1239x679px
>>6032705
>>
>>6032705
Pop figurines, I just hate them...
>>
Let's see...
>Funko Pops
>More or less anything by Hasbro
>More or less anything by Mattel

Also, whilst I don't hate their products I do wish NECA would focus less on MUH SCULPT and step up their material/articulation game a bit. Yes the sculpts are great but that's not worth shit if you can only get basic stiff poses out of them, if that as the joints are often gummed stuck.
>>
File: memes-big-lebowski.jpg (141KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
memes-big-lebowski.jpg
141KB, 620x375px
>>6034185
>I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaateeeeee Funko Pop!!!!!!!
>>
>>6034181
Mostly 8/11 g1 combiners used scramble tech which was 1 torso/4limbs

>Superion
>Menasor
>Defensor
>Bruticus
>Computron
>Aominus
>Piranacon
>Predaking is an exception though because he can't scramble. but still uses the core 1 torso 4 limbs.
>>
>>6034232
Then why the fuck are you even talking about Combiner Wars specifically?

Jesus christ, some people are really retarded.
>>
>>6034190
There is no actual reason. You don't like them, fantastic. I don't like a lot of toy lines, yet you won't ever see me bitching about them, because they don't trigger me like funko pops do to a lot of people, including you.
>>
>>6035732
Not that anon, but this thread seems to be made exactly for voicing negative opinions about toys
>>
>>6035591
because disliking something doesn't instantly make me blind to them? or prevent me from clicking on a youtube thumbnail because "why not, maybe this one won't be exactly the same shit, oh wait it is."

but i'm sorry i don't like your super special awesome toyline :[
>>
>>6035899
As someone who collects TFs he likes (or rather just any sort of transforming toy, regardless if inspired by TF or not), Combiner Wars are awful. For the price, they're not too bad, but their gestalt form looks mediocre and individual alt-modes are awful. I can share your sentiment on them pushing the same things over and over and over again. Compare a Feral Rex to any CW figure, difference is night and day.
>>
too lazy to google what these Combiner something something toys look like but I cringe everytime I see a friend who doesn't get why I spend a lot on various toy lines suddenly spend hundreds of dollars on a wall filled with funko figures. It's really puzzling.
>>
>>6035906
hey thanks man, glad someone else can see it from my perspective
>>
funky poops

no effort 5poa pos, especially those retarded child size stormtrooper statues
>>
>>6032705
Any SD/hipster shit
Anything Gundam
Modern retail tfs
>>
>>6034212
>toys that encourage liberal ideas
I may have missed something. Care to develop?
>>
I hate the statues with one or two points of articulation that call themselves action figures, especially when the character gets little to no actual figures. Really anything with shit articulation. Even worse when it keeps them from holding their accessories properly.
>>
>>6035732
Another Funko pop hater here. I'll give you some legitimate reasons I hate them.

Shitty base design. They look like retarded dolls on acid cosplaying. 90% of them look lifeless and lack any real charm.

They occupy waaaay too much shelf space where better quality lines and collectibles could definitely be. When the fad ends this line is going to fuck over a lot of local comic shops with overstock. If you've been to any con in the last 3 years you would know what I mean about wasted shelf space.

0 playability whatsoever. At least KR's vinyl shit have minor articulation and accessories.

I don't know the details about how they acquire but they seem to be license vampires. I'm hoping none of these companies give them exclusivity but I have no insight into this, but they seem to snatch the licensing rights to fucking everything.
>>
File: IMG_7514.jpg (82KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7514.jpg
82KB, 540x960px
>>6038444
You are a /toy/ I fucking love THIS!!!
>>
>>6034032
>normie
It's normalfag, ledditor
Say it with me
Normal
fag
you can say fag here
>>
Kidrobot isn't that bad, it's definitely hit or miss though

Better than Funko

I've always liked the Simpsons and TMNT kidrobot figures
>>
>>6032715
>>6033463
>>>/out/
>>
>>6032715
Here's your (You), now end yourself.
>>
>>6034185
/thread
>>
File: faggot_detector.jpg (51KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
faggot_detector.jpg
51KB, 600x400px
>>6035899
>>6035906
>>
>>6034185
THAT. That's what I freaking hate to see. Every con has booths with a wall of pops. There was even a farmers market I used to go to and one stall was almost entirely just pop(half the market was produce, the other half were misc vendors). Owner had one small wall with purses, and the rest is just pop.
>>
>>6035906
Wow a $500 dollar figure is better than a $80 dollar figure.

What a revelation.
>>
>>6032705
Anything that's really samey, like Funko Pop.
>>
>>6043415
Because nobody sees to be buying anything else. If I didn't know we're near the end if the Funko Pop train, I'd ditch my real toys and load up on them instead.
>>
>>6034185
I have a love/hate relationship with Pops. I liek the idea of a simplistic design or template that can be adapted to look like a character, almost akin to a blank slate. But the execution of Pops is so assembly line, souless and oversaturated.
>>
I hate that kidrobot isn't even art toys anymore and is just licensed shit. They sold out hard.
>>
>>6050799

Seems like every vinyl statue company saw what The Loyal Subjects was doing with Transformers/GI Joe/TMNT/etc and had to do that too.
>>
Funko Pop and McFarlane stuff.

Also ThreeA and ThreeZero stuff.
>>
any of the movie realization figures being made into samurais without rhyme or reason, and it ends up like crap from a artistic standpoint
>>
>>6050805
Funko* ftfy
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.