[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BJD/Asian Doll Thread: Cheating Like a Boss Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 98

File: j3.jpg (231KB, 737x576px) Image search: [Google]
j3.jpg
231KB, 737x576px
Last thread >>5981976

FAQs:
/toy/ - bjd.buyfags.moe
/jp/ - dollfaq.buyfags.moe

Doll news and company list:
>http://bjdcollectasy.com/
>bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/

WIP Database/Height comparison:
>dollection.fi

Doll magazine scans (patterns!):
>plus.google.com/112174196208952755265/photos

Common sealants for faceups (there are more, but these are most frequently used):
>Mr. Super Clear Flat/Matte (UV-cut is preferred)
>Testor’s Dullcote (tends to get dirty easily)
>Citadel Purity Seal
>Zoukeimura Finishing Powder (it’s a spray by Volks)
>Liquitex Matte Medium (airbrush)

The general population of /bjd/ are anti-recast or are pretty much neutral on the subject.
Stop beating the dead horse every thread by asking.

Our threads are mostly dedicated to Ball-jointed dolls and other dolls in the Asian market.

Thunderbolt Fantasy is puppets. Not BJDs.
>>
>>6015245

>Kayke's new abominations coming to a nightmare near you (hate intensifies)

>Creepy Dudes of /bjd/ photos

>Demon-like dolls and demons really exist?

>Don't let BJD trading scams happen to you! Use paypal to gift the money.

>Twilight is old'D

>Pullips on BJD thread
>>
Has Dollybird Volume 22 been scanned yet? I'm getting it in the mail soon (well, relatively soon- sometime around Thanksgiving). If it hasn't been scanned, I can do it, but I'd rather not tear up a new book if someone else has bit the bullet already.
>>
File: ooo19.png (394KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ooo19.png
394KB, 500x281px
>>6015114
What collector isn't one step away from looking like the antagonist in a horror movie (or toku series)
>>
>>6015572
That's true, I will admit I'm pretty terrifying to look at.
>>
File: LTF_pong3.jpg (646KB, 1202x800px) Image search: [Google]
LTF_pong3.jpg
646KB, 1202x800px
>>6015245
>mfw Office-chan's owner always helps with getting threads rolling
Normal OP here-- Ayy, was just about to start it. Thanks for getting it done for me! ily

>>6015328
Not that I know of-- may try some google-fu before doing it. There's a possibility it's floating around out there (maybe on jap doll sites, so you may have to poke at it with moon runes).
>>
Sent my girl's head off to her Russian faceup artist today. Shipping is 4-5 days and the artist has a turn around time of 5-7 days depending on weather so here's hoping I love it.
>>
>>6015572
>I shall call him 'Mini-Me'
>>
Sorry for the genuinely retard question, but when doing a faceup with soft pastels, how do I apply them?
Do I use them like chalk to draw directly on the face? Do I wet a paintbrush, tap them against the pastel, and paint?
>>
>>6016281
I'm no expert but I generally use brushes on dry, ground pastel, and apply to the face like makeup. Round brushes for blushing, that sort of thing. You can always mix the pastel dust with water to get something like paint, but at that point, why not use diluted acrylic?
>>
>>6016281
1) Use 800 grade sandpaper
2) Rub the pastel chalk on the sandpaper
3) Use q-tips to get pigment from the sandpaper+pastel chalk
4) Apply to doll face
>>
File: Nisekoi2-Episode1-36.jpg (126KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Nisekoi2-Episode1-36.jpg
126KB, 1280x720px
I posted in the last thread that I was placing my half payment on my first doll from Luts.
I've been going back and forth with them about the details of the face up I want and recently maybe the manager of that department started messaging me saying sorry about this and that and that she had not been in office so someone less experience in that dept. had been messaging me etc.
Anyway, she answered my questions and gave me clear answers so I sent payment.
She then followed up with and email that said,

>"I am personally looking forward to your boys face-up ;) "

Winky face and all. Does this seem odd at all or am I just over thinking this too much?

>sage for blogshit
>>
File: tumblr_mzo3bvlpUD1rbz7tbo2.jpg (265KB, 857x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzo3bvlpUD1rbz7tbo2.jpg
265KB, 857x1280px
>>6016502
Not everywhere ;) means flirting/sexy.
Keep in mind that those people are not from the west and English isn't their first language either.

They just try to be friendly, stop overthinking everything so much.
Else I see you posting a million questions when that box arrives and you have no idea on which side to open it up, if removing the bubblewrap should happen from the top or the bottom and if it's allowed to breath near your doll.
Relax, man.

>>6016281
Dry for blushing, diluted with water for line-work (better use acrylics for that though).
Both methods the other anons mentioned work.
Brush is like using make-up, yes.
Q-Tips work better if you really want to rub that color in and achieve a darker shade faster, it's harder to get soft fading though and to get into the small areas (like nostrils, inside of the ears etc.).

I personally use very soft pastels from Schmincke, they are so soft I don't need to use sandpaper or anything else to rub the pastels into fine powder.
I just dib the brush against the stick and have fine powder on the brush already.
I then wipe/blow away a bit of it and apply it to the head.
>>
Kayke updated the rat pricing.
120$ blank, 150$ painted.
At least she doesn't want 150$ just for the paintjob anymore, but the rat still looks awkward in lots of the pictures.

Elleo teasered a rat now too and it looks smoother and way better than Kayke's.
Kayke's looks like the parts barely hold together, like she printed the first version and called it a day instead of aiming for a well working product.
>>
>>6016678

Kayke doesn't know the meaning of the word "Refine"
>>
>>6016281
I tend to lightly scrape a soft pastel stick with a blade (xacto or razorblade) when mixing different colors. Good for those that don't have many colors to work with. It is also better to have more blush powder made up than necessary and get a small jar to put the rest in for later in case of fuck ups, maybe prefer the color on another doll, etc. I printed out a "recipe" once upon a time in the dark ages from Batchix I think that gave ideas on how to mix different colors to achieve a blushy color.

Lately I've been doing the same as >>6016654
by brushing the pastel itself since Schminke so soft. You can buy a set of six of your preferred colors from dickblick online
>>
>>6016678

Ellen's rat will probably cost $400 and be 5cm tall.

I'm not defending kayke or anything but at least she didn't price the fucking thing sky high. Really it's better looking than any of her human dolls so that's at least something. Elleo overcharges so much for their tiny shit it isn't even funny.
>>
>>6017172
I saw their stuff in person on LDoll and it's really, really well made. Both the posing and the finishing/painting.
Considering the work they put into finishing one doll it's no surprise they ask so much.

However, the sizes are just silly and what's the point of making "pets" that are so small they don't even work for adult YoSDs?
I'd rather they offer unpainted kits in really big sizes for the prices they want for a small finished doll.

So, yeah, Kayke's price is okay.
But the doll is still unfinished and she uses the cheapest material Shapeway offers.
120$ is really stretching it.
>>
File: tumblr_oggvr7qtx21rascg6o1_1280.jpg (50KB, 830x939px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oggvr7qtx21rascg6o1_1280.jpg
50KB, 830x939px
She's "improving" Coco
>>
File: cc1.jpg (259KB, 816x1224px) Image search: [Google]
cc1.jpg
259KB, 816x1224px
>>6015699
In light of the recent election results, Comrade-chan will run for office.
>>
>>6017309
muh curves.. the perfect womyns body!!!

#no more anorexic dolls
>>
File: g77.jpg (34KB, 620x376px) Image search: [Google]
g77.jpg
34KB, 620x376px
>>6017334
>muh curves.. the perfect womyns body!!!
>>
File: Stretch-Marks.jpg (23KB, 604x439px) Image search: [Google]
Stretch-Marks.jpg
23KB, 604x439px
>>6017309
It does look better than before, but still i wonder...

Why molded on stretch marks

And shouldn't stretch marks appear to be more like they're carved into the body instead of slapped on top
>>
File: slide_320784_3001061_free.gif (161KB, 318x232px) Image search: [Google]
slide_320784_3001061_free.gif
161KB, 318x232px
>>6017309
No, shes just letting herself go.
>>
>>6017309
>Completely OBESE..
>Still has small tits....
Whats the point?

I bet it has no ass too. fuck
>>
>>6017309
Bitch so fat her fupa has a fupa.
>>
>>6017313
She's got my vote.

>>6016678
>>6017172
Elleo's animals are far out of most people's price range for a miniscule doll that will sit in the palm of your hand and can't even be used for your dolls' pets.

While Kayke's rat and her new crow could perhaps benefit from more refining, her animal work is a lot better than her human work (perhaps because she isn't getting caught up in the need to fit her human beauty aesthetic) and the price really isn't too bad; I would rather she focus on her animal work then keep pooping out more lumpy humans that immediately go up for preorder without any finishing.
>>
>>6016654
I didn't think she was flirting with me anon.
Thanks for all the advice though.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-13-09-26-17.png (294KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-13-09-26-17.png
294KB, 800x1280px
Speaking of poor product finishing looks like bimong pulled a kayke and sold a doll they never even test cast in resin and it's joints don't work.
>>
>>6018378
There's no way they can get that fixed and sent out by December 1st
>>
>>6018378
Dude worked years on that body.
He didn't pull a Kayke, he pulled a Dollshe.

The body is probably fine for the majority of collectors, but Bimong is crazy and wants to get even more out of the body.
Fuck, he plans to add 17! joints, and the body already does have a shitton of joints.
He probably saw the first completely finished cast and instead of finally sitting on his hands and accepting that this body is finished he went crazy and decided it needed one more adjustment.
Dollshe pulled the same several times on his new big bodies, he just kept on refining and refining because he's a perfectionist.
Bimong is the same.

>>6018182
Wait, then what did you worry about?
>>
>>6018378
If you've looked at his photos of the doll at all it's pretty damn obvious that the joints do work. He's just being a whacky perfectionist, don't compare him to Kayke he doesn't deserve that ):
>>
>>6018602

Considering he said the joints were to slippery it sounds like the change to resin caused the problem. He really should have test cast it first, I'm not a big fan of selling dolls useing primed clay prototypes.
>>
File: 27636956506_7458085841_o.jpg (1MB, 1068x1600px) Image search: [Google]
27636956506_7458085841_o.jpg
1MB, 1068x1600px
>>6018773
I had some dolls that were sanded so smooth that the joints indeed had problems to work.
That's not really something to go crazy over.

However, instead of cutting in some parts and adding a shitton of more joints Bimong could have just added silicone nubs into the sockets (like Dollshe, Islanddoll and co. nowadays add).
Instead he went full crazy and now works on that body again he has tinkered with for years now.
>>
File: lewdnarae.jpg (123KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
lewdnarae.jpg
123KB, 600x750px
>>6018378
nigga they had a bunch cast in resin already if you looked at his flickr. what do you think pic related is? clay? he cast at least one tan one and one normal skin one. there are pics of them together on his flickr.

he's just pulling a dollshe "IT NEEDS TO BE PERFECT" freak out
>>
File: narae.jpg (162KB, 600x704px) Image search: [Google]
narae.jpg
162KB, 600x704px
>>6019004
the two resin cast versions. he's had a couple of weeks to fiddle around with them and i guess he's decided their joints are too slippery. im pretty sure he doesn't mean he is going to add 17 new joints, he probably means silicone plugs in 17 spots but due to shit english it sounds like he's going to rehaul the doll entirely or something, when all he's going to do is add silicone and probably a few resin nubs to act as stoppers in the hips/knees and shit like other dolls have.
>>
So, what's going on with Doll in Mind? Does this mean a sale event is starting, or ending? If it's starting are prices going to be reduced further than they have been already?
>>
>>6019192
Their second and final discontinuation sale has started, and I don't think it will last more than a few days. I think many people begged for another chance to order, but they must have already begun destroying molds because less than half of their sculpts are available. After this they're ending their current lines and starting fresh some time in the future.
>>
File: flowne.jpg (57KB, 564x818px) Image search: [Google]
flowne.jpg
57KB, 564x818px
>>6019192
fuck.
It looks like they're extending their sale.
I still want Flowne. That is a nice price. I just paid my car insurance for the next six months, though, so it would be tight. I have enough for bills, but Christmas is coming up and I don't want to be a dick. I may have to just settle with both of her heads.

Are their bodies any good? I haven't heard bad things about them per sé, but I'm curious to see if any anons have opinions because y'all usually tell it like it is.
>>
>>6019007
Oh, I really hope you're right that he means he's going to put in 17 silicone/rubber pieces, that's by far the best solution to this without wasting a bunch of time and making the body way jointier than it needs.
>>
File: shippin fee.png (41KB, 760x628px) Image search: [Google]
shippin fee.png
41KB, 760x628px
Can someone who's used Buyee or at least bought from Y!JA explain why there's two shipping fees? Is it the domestic and then the international fees,or since it was a doll+lot is it the doll and then accessories?
I already paid it, just want to know if I should expect the double fee in the future too.
>>
>>6020328
Seller (In Japan) -> Shipping -> Buyee Warehouse (In Japan)

then,

Buyee Warehouse (In Japan) -> Shipping #2 -> You (outside Japan)

All because Seller in japan will not ship to you outside of japan.
>>
>>6020344
Thank you anon.
I'm getting a headache from janky google translate. It's charged me a $5 consolidation fee just for wanting to pay for shipping?
>>
>>6020359
The $5 is to toss both wigs into one box. They must have come from two sellers, or shipped separately. It's probably a good deal, compared to internationally shipping two parcels.
>>
>>6019413
I quite like their GSE body. It's very well made, if a bit imposing next to slim minis. The rest just aren't my taste at all.
>>
>>6020411
It's a doll + accessories (wigs, eyes, props) that should have all shipped together, so I'm not sure what "consolidation" I'm being charged for.
>>
>>6020359
Welcome to the fun of shipping services. Make sure you only do larger items or the service fees will rack up and become more astronomical than it would have been to buy from someone else.
>>
>>6020640
Thanks for your input! It's a decent looking body, but all of the GSE bodies are sold out already! I will probably look for something secondhand or hybrid.

I'm bummed they don't offer more than normal skin. I would like a white skin because I like ghosty pale dolls, but I'm not gonna sass about it too much. I ended up buying the two Flowne heads. $137 with shipping isn't too shabby.
>>
>>6017309
Tits too perky. Larger so they rest on the gut and more flattened out
>>
>>6020646

Better message them and find out why they consolidated 1 box into 1 box. It could be an error, or could just be them conveniently tacking a small fee to an already-large order and hoping nobody notices.
>>
File: whatthefuckingshit.png (633KB, 595x591px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckingshit.png
633KB, 595x591px
When too cheap to use epoxy for elf ear mod so instead use polymer clay and super glue to the head...
>>
>>6021935
What the actual fuck is/was that?
>>
File: bambee.png (554KB, 743x708px) Image search: [Google]
bambee.png
554KB, 743x708px
>>6022048
It's a raped HTT Bambee head.
>>
File: why no unibrow.jpg (136KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
why no unibrow.jpg
136KB, 640x640px
Culur's new... thing.

>>6021935
At least those monstrosities can be taken off and hopefully improved upon.
Haha...Who am I kidding, though.
>>
>>6022088
why would she have two eyebrows shit gets me heated
>>
>>6022100
Maybe it's one eyebrow that's plucked in the middle?

Who knows
>>
File: tinylynching.jpg (739KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
tinylynching.jpg
739KB, 1000x707px
just had to share the most fucked up doll pic i've seen in a while. like, seriously, what is a person's thought process doing shit like this? found it while searching through flickr.
>>
File: tumblr_nk9v3r3neG1r6oi6oo1_500.jpg (226KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk9v3r3neG1r6oi6oo1_500.jpg
226KB, 467x700px
>>6022088

I don't think that looks bad at all for a cyclops, yeah the eyebrow thing is weird but the faceup is fine. I know we hate culur and all but that's not one of her bad faceups.

Also I'm fucking glad that cyclops has a nose. I can't stand cyclops sculpts with no nose/nose holes. Shit like pic related is so off putting to me.
>>
>>6022349
I come to /bjd/ to ogle cute dolls and laugh at bad ones, not see this shit and get depressed.
>the attention to detail tho
>>
>>6021935
;-; Why would someone do this.

>>6022100
Me too man. Jfc I'm very passionate about the realism of monster girls and THIS IS UNREALISTIC.

>>6022349
Whhattt the helll is wrong with this hobby????
>>
>>6022465
>;-; Why would someone do this.
The "artist" that made that abortion of a mod was so proud that they did a tutorial about it too. Fantastic stuff...
>>
Is there anything close to a database or something for artist sculpts or at least obscure companies?

If not, any recs for lesser known companies with an aesthetic leaning towards realistic? Eg. Fantasia doll, Kreuz Doll, Another Secret, Ethis BJD, etc.
>>
I have a question for minifee owners

Are the bust parts interchangeable between active and moe girl bodies?
>>
>>6023366
I've heard mixed things, since Fairyland is reliably inconsistent. Some batches will fit the other, but some will be too big/small.
I'd kill for a cutie-bust moe line, but I was inactive from the hobby when they offered the hybrid.
>>
>>6023432
Guess I'll have to settle for big titties then
>>
>>6022062
oh NO...it was so cute before ;;
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 800x1280px
>>
>>6023561

I have a new favourite store thanks for letting me know about it.
>>
File: 10109333963_06fa767caf_o.jpg (358KB, 648x972px) Image search: [Google]
10109333963_06fa767caf_o.jpg
358KB, 648x972px
>>6022715
Not as far as I'm informed.

It's a bit difficult because lots of those artists either don't really advertise their stuff, are only know in their country of origin (so many dolls/heads that never get out of Russia) or don't sell.
Or if they sell, only to friends/locals.
Or they only make a handful of heads and then disappear again.

Hm, how about Edelweiss, Rumpelstiltskin, Dollprika, Illuminated Doll/Articulated.

I personally found lots of new artists through following HaruCasting, he gets lots of different dolls in and usually tags the artists/the artists comment on the pictures of their casts:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/harucasting
>>
>>6022088
Too many eyebrows

>>6023939
Not enough eyebrows

Jesus people get it right.
>>
>>6021935
Wait, is it even possible to remove the ears after them being super glued? I've only heard nightmares about people trying to remove superglued magnets by carving them out. So how is this dumbtard going to remove these elephant ears?
>>
>>6024037
putting the head in the freezer overnight usually makes magnets pop right out. i accidentally glued a magnet in a headcap the wrong way, popped it in the freezer for a few hours, and it came right out. i don't think it should ever be necessary to have to gouge out a magnet?
>>
Did anyone think to save the Volks lotto dolls before they went and took the page down?
>>
>>6023561
>>6023757
stop shilling your store here damnit.
>>
>>6024611
Unless anon is the owner of one of the largest BJD stores on taobao, I'm pretty sure it's not 'their' store, anon.
>>
>>6024239
I'm glad I came across this before I tried to exhume my magnet haha. I soaked one out before with alcohol but it took forever and digging was still involved.
>>
>>6024859
i think freezing might be unsafe for faceups so if you're magnet is in the head itself rather than the headcap there is a risk of the faceup being ruined, but if its in the headcap it should be okay? i just know it worked for me.
>>
>>6025039
It's in the head itself but it's fine. I do my own faceups and the doll in question needs a redo anyway.
>>
File: dsd32zza34.jpg (83KB, 928x391px) Image search: [Google]
dsd32zza34.jpg
83KB, 928x391px
Is it just me or is this face-up far different than Volks usual style?
>>
>>6025250
It looks like their normal Super Dollfies... not Dollfie Dreams http://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=837
>>
>>6024646
Not only Taobao, Tata is super popular and has been for years as a stand-alone store.
Other anon is a moron.

>>6024859
Personally the freezing method never worked for me.
Had a head that till the end refused to get rid of the magnet.
Tried freezing, hot water (just warped the headcap, nice), lots of alcohol.
Gave up on it in the end and just taped the head shut.
>>
File: cock nuggets.jpg (471KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
cock nuggets.jpg
471KB, 1242x2208px
>>6022715
They always get started and never finished. DoA tried, Dollection tried, we just can't even finish the well-known companies other than the least obscure companies.

>>6023561
It's not the worst, I guess. OF COURSE it was a DD modeling it, kek.

>>6024037
Polymer clay is fairly pliable, even when baked. You could just rip them off.

>>6025250
That faceup in particular was a tribute to a Japanese artist.
>>
>>6025409
>That faceup in particular was a tribute to a Japanese artist.
Do you know which one in particular? I'm getting Junichi Nakahara vibes, but I'm not sure.
>>
File: CwJPOCzUkAALGBN.jpg (183KB, 1200x1041px) Image search: [Google]
CwJPOCzUkAALGBN.jpg
183KB, 1200x1041px
>>6025476
Yeah, that's it!
>https://twitter.com/volks_doll/status/793286675598192640

Some of their newer dolls for their "Little Women" series are sporting that same style too.
>>
File: seems legit.png (100KB, 337x493px) Image search: [Google]
seems legit.png
100KB, 337x493px
>>
>>6026199
BJD Addicts is filled to brim with autism.
>>
>>6025409
I think DoA's list of companies isn't bad, actually. It's probably the most complete at present. You/we can go in and add if any specific ones are missing.
>>
>>6025385
...did you think you were being informative when you made that post? Because I promise you that most people who post here are well aware that Volks makes not only Dollfie Dreams but Super Dollfies, and am 99% sure that anon meant it was unusual in the context of their other SD faceups (which it is -- most noticeable in the eyeshadow and brows imo.)
>>
Lets say I have a shitty vinyl "bjd" (it was marketed as such but isn't strung traditionally and only half the joints are actual ball joints). Its old and its not terribly cute, but its in good shape. If I slap on a glittery ~*aesthetic*~ faceup and a rainbow wig, do yall think it would make good Tumblr giveaway fodder? Cus I know even if it was all fixed up I'd be looking at $50 tops for selling it.
>>
>>6026429
If it's a cute doll, bjd or not, people will want it. So long as you're honest about what they're getting.
>>
>>6025497
>"Little Women" series

It's like an extremely classy Bratz.
>>
>>6022349
heyyy that's pretty good
>>
>>6026597
I'm glad you said it. I was thinking it.

>>6026429
Like the other anon said, cute is cute. Tumblr's doll community isn't exactly one that cares much about quality, either.
>>
File: tumblr_n0qfatCUBP1s0ds9bo1_500.png (250KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0qfatCUBP1s0ds9bo1_500.png
250KB, 500x331px
>>6026429
I would honestly try selling it before giving it away. Christmas is coming, hundreds of teenagers will be scrounging for a "cheap bjd" in a month. Tumblr is full of people stupid enough to pay full price for used goods just so they don't have to think or research things for ten minutes.
>>
File: tumblr_og2l15wzqa1s0ds9bo1_1280.jpg (467KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_og2l15wzqa1s0ds9bo1_1280.jpg
467KB, 960x1280px
>>6026953
Aw man, seeing that old picture of Comet is so weird.

Like, back then I thought she should tone it down a notch because it looked like "trying too hard" with the crying glitter and dozens of colors.

Compared to her new stuff though this is actually pretty decent?
Like, it is still pretty over the top but it looks somewhat okay for a beginner face-up and the concept works.
Now everything she does is so grotesque and looks like a parody of her own works.
Back then she could have become a new gory Softpoison, now it's crusty, messy and just downright bad with no signs of improvement.
>>
>>6027039
Tumblr has an amazing ability to turn crummy things into pure poison.
>>
>>6027039
G R O S S

I keep forgetting she exists, and this happens
>>
>>6027039
I cant really understand how something can go from being just aesthetically crap to being both technically and aesthetically hella crappier.
>>
File: 21HD-F01W.jpg (6KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
21HD-F01W.jpg
6KB, 300x300px
Do you guys have any tips for doing faceups on those soft vinyl Obitsu heads? Pic related. I cannot get the eyes to look even. I'm seriously just considering drawing one really good eye and pulling the old winking face trick, but that's such a cop out.
>>
>>6027268
Maybe make a stencil and draw some erasable foundation lines on the head with a carpenter's level?
>>
File: 23447538782_aef25a6c22_b.jpg (98KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
23447538782_aef25a6c22_b.jpg
98KB, 1024x1024px
>>6027268
And now that I'm looking at other people's faceups on this head, I'm starting to realize that maybe I'm just batshit insane about making sure everything looks perfect and even.
>>
>>6027039
Holy shit you're saying the one you posted is the NEWER one? Oh god it looks so much worse. The old one had clear skill put into it even if the style wasn't to one's liking but the new one just looks so fucking slimey and gross.
>>
>>6027391
Yes, according to her Tumblr that picture was taken two weeks ago.
I'm a little surprised too.

However, what's really bad (next to the overall gross look), is that the head actually looks pretty battered up by now.
Like, so battered up I wouldn't dare buying one of her dolls second hand in fear to receive a destroyed, stained and scratched head.
It's like she doesn't clean them properly whenever she adds more junk to it and I doubt she always uses safe materials too.
>>
>>6027471
I bought one of her dolls secondhand and it came in pretty much brand new condition, but I also never saw it get a face-up from her or anything like that. I'm not sure I'd trust getting on that she worked on--they look a little....grubby.
>>
>>6027268
Get a white watercolour pencil, draw in the guide lines, paint in the details, use a damp cloth to wipe off the guidelines and then seal.
>>
>>6027489
I don't blame you, because even the people who use the correct materials properly can still damage a head just through sheer shit luck.
>>
>>6027039
>>6026953

Call me crazy but back in the day I liked the old Comet. I personally hadn't seen many faceups with that style, and while I wouldn't do that to any of my dolls, you could tell she really put a lot of love into making them look a particular way.

Nowadays... its like shes trying to out-tacky herself to maintain her fanbase? Which is kinda sad.

>>6027268
When you're drawing, start with one part of the eye. Say, the top line. Draw ONLY that, on both sides, then make sure you check it in a mirror. mirrors will show flaws so easily and you'll be able to find and fix them much faster.
But do one part at a time, and then seal it, then move onto the next part. Seal, repeat.
>>
>>6026582
Yeah, it's kind of a strange choice for what are supposed to be teenaged-to-young girls (in the book, that is).

>>6026597
I'll admit I chortled when I saw it and wondered if it were worth the tumblr witchhunt you know ensued afterward.

>>6026953
See, now >>6026953 actually looks fairly cohesive. I could live with this. But >>6027039
? Nope nope nope. The eye mods are so fucking gross. I know it's supposed to be gross, but she's gotten worse when she has the ability to actually be good. Maybe she's making her stuff nastier in hopes her "bjd cosplayers" will make themselves look nastier and laugh at them behind her computer since she hates it so much. idk.
>>
File: neil.jpg (180KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
neil.jpg
180KB, 680x1024px
goddamn am i loving legende de temps' recent dolls. its been a long time since i've seen a sculpt and actually felt instantly like i wanted it, but i am seriously tempted by neil and i'm looking around trying to figure out what bodies would work for it and how i'd be able to afford another SD. i seriously don't have room for one, but man, this head is beautiful.
>>
>>6028614
Wow. Feeling you there, anon. That faceup accentuates it perfectly, too.
>>
>>6028755
I think he looks a little bit like Michael Pitt, except way prettier.
>>
>>6028614
I loved her work since Roderich too, owned myself one for the longest time and now have a Lazuli instead.
I wish their Ludwig/Ahaz wouldn't have been bigger than the rest of my crew, really don't need another 75cm guy.

Their quality is really good but I always hated hybridizing them.
Resin she uses is hard to match (it's not really translucent, but also not completely opaque...it's a mix) and changes from batch to batch.
Neil was by the way shown on a 5th Motif Venitu body, which is impossible to get.
>>
>>6029432
yeah its shown on a timeless body. but its clear from the pics that it doesnt look right on it. the neck is way too long, she covers it up with the outfit, but to me it wont work right on that body. she also has a pic of it on the dollshe 28m body, and it looks a lot better, though the body is a bit too buff for it. i think it would probably work really well on the two new 18m bodies though
>>
File: dollsheneil.jpg (111KB, 1002x1334px) Image search: [Google]
dollsheneil.jpg
111KB, 1002x1334px
>>6029439
pic related.
>>
File: tumblr_mhchrkHCnj1qdw2ozo1_.jpg (97KB, 408x563px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhchrkHCnj1qdw2ozo1_.jpg
97KB, 408x563px
>>6029439
>yeah its shown on a timeless body. but its clear from the pics that it doesnt look right on it

Nothing really does.
That body is so cool, but the neck is long/weirdly shaped and the Venitu/Goohwa heads have uncommon neck holes to make it work...which unfortunately makes it hard to hybrid those heads on other bodies.

Agree, the 28M isn't too bad but could need a smidge more neck and a little less buff.
>>
>>6029478
the only head that will ever work on the timeless body is venitu/goowha, or heads that were foolishly made specifically for it, like nabarro's sumner (which she smartly created a plug thing to add to the neckhole so it can be used on other bodies) or that one head i thing twigling made for it? i think its a bad decision to use the body for the promo shots like LLT is doing, as its going to confuse the shit out of people who are interested in it
>>
File: IMG_1400_November 19, 2008.jpg (671KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1400_November 19, 2008.jpg
671KB, 683x1024px
Mine
>>
>>6029901
>2008
dude
>>
File: tumblr_ogtphushJA1qlr64zo3_540.png (722KB, 540x756px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogtphushJA1qlr64zo3_540.png
722KB, 540x756px
This was a custom at LDoll.

Pretty decent paint application, but the sculpted extra bits look like they were done by a child.
>>
>>6031722
Whats it supposed to be?
Is it some kinda monster or lizard-men?
What kind of possibilities for photo shoots would I use this doll for?

hm...
>>
>>6017309
why are the promoting obesity? don't they realize obesity kills lives and burdens the national medical costs?
>>
>>6032078
That would assume people look at that and think "ah yes, I'm going to get obese so I can look like an alien with arthritis"
>>
File: 33776846_big_p9.jpg (383KB, 655x900px) Image search: [Google]
33776846_big_p9.jpg
383KB, 655x900px
>>6022100
seen both on pixiv. i guess two brows are more expressive. e.g. you can do the one-eyebrow-raise if you got two.
>>
>>6022349
I see no issue here. Unless you want to deny history.
>>
File: rlybro.png (23KB, 384x376px) Image search: [Google]
rlybro.png
23KB, 384x376px
>>6032274
'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

The issue isn't the addressing of this sort of thing, the issue is the recreation, or the repetition.
Do you go out and recreate lynchings for supposedly artistic purposes? Or do you acknowledge that the KKK is super fucked up and shouldn't be forgotten, nor should their actions be continued or repeated in any form?

>>6032273
Iunno, I feel like you can do the same sorta expressions with one eyebrow. In animation we're taught that the eyebrows are kinda like one line across the forehead when we're starting facial animation, and as long as the shape is smooth, it's still an expressive expression? But maybe that doesn't translate if you aren't actively searching for it.
>>
>>6032078

Your assuming grown ass people base their physical appearance on stylized dolls. Do you also think doll château is promoting annorexia?
>>
>>6031759
Looks like it's meant to be an angler fish.
>>
>>6032382
>Do you go out and recreate lynchings for supposedly artistic purposes?
yes? historic reenactments are a thing, which include the more brutal parts of history.
>>
>>6031722
This was done by Dr. Krow, who indeed has cool ideas but sucks at finishing mods. They got a few really cool dolls with interesting and often extreme mods (incl. a guy with an exposed spine and nothing else in the mid torso area), but the mods are never sanded well and always look bumpy and kinda sloppy.

Theme for the customization contest was by the way Ocean? Underwater Creatures? Can't remember it exactly anymore.
Winner was a huge jellyfish themed custom.
>>
>>6032466
>>6031759
It's indeed an angler fish.
Name of the artist on Flickr is btw Krowbar (easier to search for than Dr. Krow), they posted a WIP there too.
Can't look right now, else I'd post a link.
>>
>>6032475
pretty sure that set up wasn't done for educational purposes, as the flickr i found it on was a sub album about meetups, i believe, and i think that meetup's theme was possibly "slaves" or something. there was another pic of an egypt set up where two dolls sat on a giant square stone, cracking a whip above other dolls who were pulling it with ropes, and their feet were painted dirty etc etc. also i'm pretty sure the meetup was in europe somewhere, possibly a russian meet, so they were just doing it for the cool factor rather than having any honest emotional ties to the plight of american blacks / prejudice
>>
>>6032790
still fail to see the issue. what makes american slavery any worse than greek or egyptian for example?
>>
>>6032790

Don't argue with the /pol tard anon just ignore them.
>>
File: 121.jpg (20KB, 460x356px) Image search: [Google]
121.jpg
20KB, 460x356px
>>6033018
Its in poor taste.
>>
>>6033068
when have others ever cared about that?
>>
>>6033212
by others i meant those who perform the deed, not those far-away observers
>>
>>6033018
It's equally bad.

I honestly can't believe people are actually discussing this here.
Sometimes a certain medium is not suited for your message.
Like using a bunch of cute FL PukiPuki to make a KKK diorama to show how bad that shit was back then...if that even was the intention.
If it was really just a "let's make a slave themed diorama meet" thing there's no excuse.

Pic related, I guess.
Honestly, I rather see people embracing that Nazi chic/uniform thing than cutesie atrocity dioramas.
Next we get that Holocaust shooting on Flickr with some MNF Chloe in striped outfit and some of those french artist dolls as Nazi.
>>
File: sheep babby.jpg (89KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
sheep babby.jpg
89KB, 540x720px
>>6034616
Hitler would not approve of that unkempt fur wig.
>>
>>6034839
Is that a Snowdrop?
>>
File: IMG_3825.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3825.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>6033068
>>
>>6034616
SS were elegant as fuck.
Too bad it's illegal there.

Maybe when all the old farts that were alived during WW2 will be dead, we'll be able to have our nazichic fetish fulfilled.

I also like Chinese commie uniforms. more
>>
>>6033068
>>6035633
you little bitch ass faggot cunt.
post dolls not this edgy kit shit.. fuck off REEEEEE
>>
File: tumblr_oh69re42oN1rascg6o3_540.jpg (70KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh69re42oN1rascg6o3_540.jpg
70KB, 540x675px
>make fat doll
>realize doll wouldn't be able to sit
>lasso+delete fupa
>>
>>6036624
>hurr durr post moar kkk and nazi dolls hurr durr
>>
File: tumblr_oh69re42oN1rascg6o4_540.jpg (95KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh69re42oN1rascg6o4_540.jpg
95KB, 540x720px
>>
>>6036796
>>6036936
holy christ WHAT the everloving fuck are those HANDS
>>
>>6036796
she doesn't look fat, more like someone has injected silicone under her skin and she got terrible allergic reaction or something
which is a shame, I'd love a chunky doll
>>
>>6037391
thats what i was thinking,
she has still that hourglass shape still and her tits are too small and shapely... They should look like udders and should be like hanging water baloons.

and that neck needs to be fatter and she needs a double chin going on... seriously do fat girls think they look like this??? bahahahahahaa
>>
>>6036796
I find the body less ugly than the head.

I guess there is a demand for ugly dolls from sjw fminists?
>>
>>6036936
Body doesn't look... too bad dressed.
Legs look silly since the fat doesn't stay around the knees. Better knee joints would fix that. The hands are a massive nope. And the face is horrendous.
So on par for a Kayke project.
>>
>>6037601
She has some skills, but she used it badly.
Her sense of esthetic are a bit weird.
But maybe fatty fetishist deserve their dolls too.
>>
>>6037450
see
>>6017344
>>
File: things harem.jpg (66KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
things harem.jpg
66KB, 540x540px
>>6037230
Arthritis is kawaii, yo.
I'm pretty sure she's going for a pic related vibe, but hasn't been able to pull it off yet. Coffee's hands were pretty awful too. Haru had to fix them because they were broken in transit.
>>
Why the hell was the Dollfie Dream thread on DoA locked? Did I miss something?
>>
File: tumblr_oh7h32Kd3U1rascg6o1_1280.jpg (86KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh7h32Kd3U1rascg6o1_1280.jpg
86KB, 1080x1350px
>>
File: tumblr_oh6pbeua6T1rascg6o2_540.jpg (71KB, 540x564px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh6pbeua6T1rascg6o2_540.jpg
71KB, 540x564px
>>6037981
What's with the chips on the knees and the hole on the torso? Is the doll's materials already breaking apart?
>>
>>6037981
>>6037984
That's fucking disgusting looking. Holy shit.
>>
>>6037981
>>6037984

I feel like watching so many cartoons has fucked me up because other than the awful fucking hands it's not that bad to me? Like I wouldn't buy her but I'm not offended by its shape. It reminds me of the 'thicc' look some tumblr porn artists go for like slugbox. The hands are just nightmarish though, the absolute worst part of it.
>>
>>6037984
A lot of 3D prints don't hold up well to sanding

It's more due to how 3D printers work than the materials in my experience
>>
>>6037984
>same makeup as Kayke (except lips)
>same hair as Kayke
>fat like Kayke
Oh, look. a self-insert.

Is she going to primer the poor thing before sanding? I get that she wants to push out preorders ASAP.
Already it looks better than Coffee, but there still needs so much more work done.
>>
>>6037984
It looks 3D printed. It has that strange banding on its sheen that's indicative of layers
>>
>>6037984
The torso holes were in there on the actual 3D design. I have no idea what their purpose is but assumably she put them there for a reason.
>>
>>6038427
Oops looked again, you mean the one under the tits. I thought you meant the ones down by her crotch.
>>
>>6038111
At least Slug's art actually looks good and remains in 2D, where it should be.

>>6038169
Does she ever specify what material it was printed in? my 3D prints have always done pretty decently when I've dremeled them smooth.
>>
Does anyone know of a shipping service who would be able to attend Dolpa 36 for me? I've had a look on DoA but most of those people either don't do it or haven't been online for 6 months. Super keen to make a pre-order for one of the SDGr girls and I don't fancy my chances in the lottery.
>>
>>6037984
the head looks like cher
>>
>>6038562

>and remains in 2D, where it should be.

Yeeaahh about that...
>>
>>6038881
Wonder if Slug knows about that...
I love his art too but geez I know better than to try to make it 3D
>>
>>6038169
You can sand 3D prints but you need to use the right material. PLA is too hard and well soften due to friction from hard sanding. PETG is okay but tough. ABS and HIPS are the best for sanding, which is why plastic models always use those two.
>>
File: bat.jpg (225KB, 1280x907px) Image search: [Google]
bat.jpg
225KB, 1280x907px
I just have to laugh when some creators are concerned about their doll being recast

I don't think anyone's going to recast some toony hujoo looking bat, chill
>>
>>6038881
half 10 year old boy, half fat black chick.
>>
>>6039229
I was thinking one Elin from tera online
>>
>>6039217
I think it's pretty cute.
>>
>>6037739
I was wondering the same thing, this one is nowhere near full...could just be a fuckup by the mods?

>>6039217
That Luna bat doll is a qt though. Of course at such a small scale the faceplate doesn't have a ton of detail and looks humble unpainted but it could very well become recast...
>>
>>6039362
not them but it doesn't even come up for me when I search for it
>>
>>6039408
https://denofangels.com/threads/volks-dollfie-dreams-discussion-room-part-xiv.724645/
Still there, just locked.
>>
>>6039217
Well. Since the Hujoo Freya has seriously been recast, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised. Don't underestimate the selfishness of recasters.
>>
>>6039819
What the fuck. Is it even cheaper than the original? Can't you get that shit in ABS for like $30?
>>
>>6039831
It was less of a cheaper thing and that they wanted it in colors not offered. Instead of just dying it or something.
>>
>>6038562
From her Tumblr it sounds like she's planning to finish it with apoxie and get it cast in resin. The 3D print is just the master sculpt.
>>
File: drowranger1480219844.jpg (55KB, 600x749px) Image search: [Google]
drowranger1480219844.jpg
55KB, 600x749px
>>6015245
Choo does it again.
>>
>>6036936
she looks kinda adorable here. too bad those hands... they look skinny until the finger pads, lolwtf.
>>
>>6039956

i don't know what i was expecting but that's not really it
>>
>>6039956
Oh boy. That's disappointing...

>>6039977
I agree, it looks cute in those clothes. I think it looks good here mainly because she's hiding the horrendous left claw behind the jacket and the pose of the right claw doesn't draw attention to it.
>>
>>6039956
This wouldn't even be good if it was a custom 26cm Obitsu.
>>
>>6040016
It looks like honestly looks like one from afar.
>>
>>6039956
This...is this real?! Holy shit it's fucking hideous. And those clothes. God just. This is a MESS
>>
File: 201265111214321.jpg (305KB, 508x800px) Image search: [Google]
201265111214321.jpg
305KB, 508x800px
>>6039217
That one really isn't too bad and like the others said, recasters have recasted a lot worse already (like Hujoo Freya or those Secretdoll Person things).
Fuck, they recasted those Centaur Cat blobs now too.

>>6039835
I still doubt she will properly finish the print.
She will realize what a pain in the ass it is to get that surface smooth and ready to cast, so she will probably do a few half assed layers of primer, sanding, primer and then call it a day.

Also those joints and the fit are so fugly. I get that not everyone can have a nice three part system like Bimon or even Fairyland, but the huge gaps and bad fitting is so off putting.

>>6039956
Outfit looks like some cheapo self made thing and he has zero the charme of Spike.
Just a long face without any depth.
I mean, I get that it can be hard to transform 2D into 3D and Cowboy Bepop wasn't the most detailed anime face wise, but shit.
Nose is way too soft too, and does he actually have that upwards going tip Spike has?

I am curious though how that one could look properly repainted...even if you can't do much if you want to stay true to the source material.
>>
File: 43435.jpg (71KB, 598x597px) Image search: [Google]
43435.jpg
71KB, 598x597px
Smiling version looks stupid too.
And the features really are too soft.
>>
>>6040161
>I am curious though how that one could look properly repainted...
A repaint is going to do fuckall for that long, long horse face and blob nose. This thing is going to look terrible unless significantly modded. ...bunch of people are going to buy it anyway, i bet. Choo stans have no standards.
>>
>>6040176
Spike has a long horse face, but the blob nose really kills it.
Everything is just too soft looking, compared to his original look.

I agree that modding is probably needed to get some more edge into him.
Just from skipping through comments it seems like quite a few people think he's too soft, but I doubt Choo will change something.
He just sucks at anything that isn't the same moe blob animu face we've been seeing from Volks already for years.
>>
>>6040180
>He just sucks at anything that isn't the same moe blob animu face we've been seeing from Volks already for years.
No, he sucks at those too. They might look ok in official photos but in person they look flat and weird from quite a few angles. DD sculpts don't have this problem.
>>
>>6040227
>DD sculpts don't have this problem.
Eh, depends.
To me they are all flat moe faces (except for maybe Alna, Rise and the like), but I mostly collect BJDs.
So Smartdoll is maybe worse, but they all aren't really that great and I bet Volks would suck at a real guy (i.e. not that shota Vocaloid boy) too.
>>
>>6040234
Different anon here. I'm not a big fan of the moe blob face DDs either but they're inarguably better sculpted than the Smartdoll girls like Mirai, mostly because their cheeks and jaws aren't concave and overall their faces are designed to be passable at more angles than just 'from the front'.

The sculptors of DDs have been at it for a while making anime figures for volks' figure branch and have practice making the animu look into 3D, whereas Choo just opened up a sculpt program and started selling the results as soon as they looked okay from one angle, and it shows.
Put like that, it sounds kind of like Kayke's habits.
>>
File: CbLRA9FUUAAcYIt.jpg (89KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
CbLRA9FUUAAcYIt.jpg
89KB, 600x901px
>>6040169
has the aesthetic of one of those cheap knockoff 3D animations that are rushed out after a successful pixar/dreamworks/disney movie.
>>
File: CyMKBhKVQAAW6yb.jpg (178KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CyMKBhKVQAAW6yb.jpg
178KB, 960x1200px
>>6040234
That's why credible companies should hire/commission sculptors with necessary experience and skills when they go outside their comfort zone until their regular staff has time to practice.

I'm sure Volks will someday cave and make a slightly more mature vinyl boy if they think it'll be profitable enough. Until then the desperate will have to deal with whatever Danny churns out.
>>
File: soom.png (523KB, 461x700px) Image search: [Google]
soom.png
523KB, 461x700px
I hate how the new Soom sculptor can't sculpt a fucking boy face. Each new release keeps getting worse and worse. The new Corun looks like a mouth breathing retard. My hopes went a little up when I saw Morga cause she was beautiful. But there is no hope for the boys. Wtf soom.
>>
File: 30948728562_4df6b0b76b_b.jpg (150KB, 744x1024px) Image search: [Google]
30948728562_4df6b0b76b_b.jpg
150KB, 744x1024px
>>6040471
I'm sure Volks will eventually get around to making more mature DD guys... but it'll probably be in 10 years, let's be real here.

Seeing the waves made by DD Len, they'd be dumb not to, but then they'd be so overrun by orders it would be like Saber/Miku all over again with having to wait a year or more. The impatient fucks would lose interest between now and then. If they made a standard model, hype may eventually die down after a few years. I've been seeing those staying in stock more regularly at least.

>>6040818
Yeah, they sure have been into the Vampire fangs for the past year or two. That new one has a real 'hurr durr' look to him. Just because you can make everything into vampires doesn't mean you should. It works better for some than others.

(cue YOUKAIMOON typing in all caps selling her dolls on the DoA MP to urgently scramble to buy this doll)
>>
There's someone on the bjd addicts fb page legitimately advising someone to bond with their doll by communicating via pendulum. What the fuck.
>>
I still can't seem to make any BJD friends. I've got a Tumblr, Instagram, and DoA. I remain fairly active on all 3 accounts and post/reblog/comment on other people's stuff.

What the hell? Am I that shitty of a person?
>>
>>6040950
>What the hell? Am I that shitty of a person?
thats got to be it!

Your problem is tumblr, instagram and DoA. People there don't "talk".
>>
>>6040950
>>6041008
People stopped talking pretty much everywhere.

Anon, unless you got something to “offer“ you are just one in a million.
Everyone in this hobby collects dolls and more or less customizes them, people can't be friends with everyone just because you share that common trait.

Lowest offer can be decent dolls, decent photos, talking and posting a lot.
You need to be really active.
Highest offer is being really good at something, but it might end up with people just wanting to buy your stuff.
Or hang on someone people, copy them and hope it works (not very rewarding though).

Try and look for local meets and see if it works, same for smaller (and in case you are not from the US) and local forums.
Heck, if you are really eager to talk to people, try the Discord Chat by MirrorAda.
Good luck.
>>
>>6041060
*someone popular
>>
>>6040176
I don't understand how he fucked up the nose so badly while using 3d printing. He could have just messed with it until it worked.
>>
>>6040950
Uh, no. Welcome to the 2010s. You're not going to be making close friends anywhere (this applies to every hobby). Casual interactions are how it is now. Like >>6041008 said, people don't talk in the places you're looking. It's show and tell for the most part (especially on Instagram, which is kind of designed for that). My advice? Join a Facebook group. Interact with people there. Go to a meet. Go to cons. That's where you're going to meet people.
>>
>>6040950
Try something a little more like real conversation. The Bjd Discord isn't actually all that bad and is organized well enough to have coherent conversation instead of the never ending LOL SO RANDOM non doll chat that most bjd chatrooms fall into. I mean I've only been active on it a short time but I haven't seen any super heavy cringe.

Speaking of the Discord chat, I know I'm seeing some familiar DoD names so going to assume a bunch of yall are on there already. Whats the general attitude on there like? I can't get a very good feel for just how loosely I can talk about stuff.
>>
>>6040818
Soom hires multiple sculptors, just so you know. Morga was almost certainly by a different person than this...thing.
>>
>>6041370
The Discord is like a friendlier version of mid-era DoD, to be honest (friendlier because they don't do the whole Eye Poison thing, not because they have any mandatory-niceness shit going on.) It's become my favorite place to discuss dolls, and while a couple of the members can be tedious, it's not as bad as the occasional TBJDC whinging makes it out to be and there's some quality discussion. Have definitely made friends on there (by the way, I have no idea how >>6041287 came to the conclusion that in the 2010s people NO LONGER MAKE INTERNET FRIENDS. It's just that forums and chatrooms tend to be a better way to do so than liking and reblogging people's Tumblr photos and trying to keep a stilted convo going based on that.)
>>
>>6040169
It's not too bad.
In 2 or 3 years Choo will be able to deliver non derpy male DD.
>>
File: 1452694317252.png (75KB, 348x301px) Image search: [Google]
1452694317252.png
75KB, 348x301px
>>6037666
I like it.

I really hate the rest of the doll though.
>>
>>6041287
>Join a Facebook group.
Yeah, don't do that.
It's so easy to become a member of a Facebook group, because everyone has a Facebook account nowadays.
That means most of the people who are active in FB BJD groups are inbred morons, old women and/or recast owners.
It's also more of a dumping ground than anything else. People post every shit they got to get some likes.

>You're not going to be making close friends anywhere (this applies to every hobby). Casual interactions are how it is now

Casual interactions are nothing new.
As said, at the very core all we share is a love for that type of doll, and that's really not enough to actually like someone. People always just said "nice doll" and then moved on.
You can still make close friends, the difference is that the good/old people already have their friends and aren't really interested in another one of those "I comment on your pictures, let's be friends!" person.
It's just a lot more private nowadays and harder to get into already existing groups.

>>6041370
>>6041391
I agree that it's like a comfy DoD, but there is definitely that mandatory-niceness rule you know from DoA too.
Talking about others is pretty much a no-no, I remember when someone brought up Culur because someone asked what she did in the past.
Ended up with someone whining how talking "bad" (i.e. stating facts) about Culur is bullying and a mod going in and forbidding any further talk about this topic.
And of course no matter what someone posts, it's always great and nice and blablabla.

Still, it has its great moments (especially when the oldies are there) and when you want to talk to people, a chat is still the best way to do so.
>>
>>6040950
>I've got a Tumblr, Instagram, and DoA
Tumblr, place where you mostly interact through blog posting, with a shitty messenger (at least it's not ask/fanmail only anymore).
Instagram, a place that's mostly supposed to showcase pictures, with a private messages service that can only be accessed through the app (i.e. typing longer messages is a pain in the ass).
Both not really made to connect with people through more than just watching from afar/leaving a comment once in a while.

DoA has only one place where people really talk with each other, and that's the "Company/Company Size X" threads. Keeping up with those is a pain. People who post in there are usually the ones who constantly buy from that company and are excited about every new release. Unless you are such a person it's difficult to stay interested. People post pictures, they expect you to compliment on them, in return they will say something nice when you post a pic. Depending on the company you might have to live with shoddy dolls and idiot owners (the Dollzone Mini or Resinsoul threads are a wasteland, while Volks is always decent). Honestly not worth it.

Agree with the others, either try meet-ups (a nice local group is always good to have) or Discord.
>>
File: DSCF6316.jpg (169KB, 631x845px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6316.jpg
169KB, 631x845px
bump
>>
uhhhh did DoA ban dollfie dreams from being discussed again?
>>
>>6043870
Don't see why they would. The Obitsu thread is still there.
>>
>>6043878
The DD thread was locked on page 7 and a new one was never created.
>>
File: 7999913697_8de4ddc1cb_b.jpg (91KB, 411x427px) Image search: [Google]
7999913697_8de4ddc1cb_b.jpg
91KB, 411x427px
>>6043870
probably too much sex doll conversions.
amiright fellas?
>>
>>6041090
Gotta make those release dates, anon. It's like you've never worked in software dev before.
>>
>>6039833
>Dying
>ABS
Am I missing something?
>>
>>6044825
Not sure what you mean, but some people did dye their Hujoo dolls.
>>
I'm getting really frustrated. I own a 70cm male doll for four years now and still after all this time I can't pick a style that suits this doll. He has gone through a lot of faceups and so many clothes but I'm just not satisfied with how he looks. I do love the sculpt and will never want to sell him but I'm sick of constantly changing him and not liking any of the results. Hell, I can't even find any suitable eyes. I want to blame it all on the sculpt's slightly weird features but that's just retarded.
Now I'm feeling even worse thinking about how many angora wigs I have made for him, but have tossed aside because he doesn't look good in them. or how many outfits are sitting in a box collecting dust because he can't pull them off.
Fuck! This shit is frustrating. Has anyone experienced this?
>>
Would a 70cm male doll be a convenable husbando for a 60cm female doll, or does it look out of scale ?
>>
File: 64634634634.jpg (154KB, 678x1024px) Image search: [Google]
64634634634.jpg
154KB, 678x1024px
>>6044988
Do a job lot on the clothes on ebay or something (and then I can get them).
>>6045290
It would be cute size difference
>>
>>6044825
It works

but to me the attraction of recasting a hujoo would be in getting it in resin, not funky colors
>>
File: 18701232763_49efcc7578.jpg (46KB, 335x500px) Image search: [Google]
18701232763_49efcc7578.jpg
46KB, 335x500px
>>6044988
Personally I haven't had this exact issue. I only get a new doll when I already have their style planned out to the smallest detail. To the point where I obsessively look up exact measurements and thousands of pictures and plan ahead at least two alternative styles/outfits. And if by the end I'm not sick and tired of the doll and look, I go through with the purchase.
A problem I do have is that (with some dolls), once they've reached their equilibrium looks-wise, they just stay like that for a long time or a season because I don't want to ruin anything.

IMO there isn't enough different stuff for larger male bjds available. It's either one suite or another, kimono/yukata and casual hipster wear. The more unique clothes are far and few between.

Which generals styles have you tried out so far?
Maybe you just didn't hit the sweet spot of eyes, wig and clothes color matching? color can make or break everything, even if style-wise it should work together.
What sculpt is your doll, maybe we could giver you some suggestions with more details.
>>
>>6045290
Size difference is the best and unless the smaller doll has a significantly bigger nog, it should look fine.
>>
>>6045534
The doll is a Spiritdoll Celtis on a proud v2 body. I agree that I should've just planned everything before the doll but I was new to the hobby back in the day and wasn't really thinking ahead.
I've tried some iplehouse casual tops and some of their historical fantasy coat sets that I had to resize which I didn't mind because I knew he's hard to dress. Also some dollmore glamour model tops. For pants I just make them myself because he has a huge ass with really long legs that I don't even bother looking elsewhere.

I also bought an outfit set from ringdoll which the quality was pure ass so I'll never buy from them again even though I really like some of their designs.

I thought maybe causal modern and historical style isn't good so I even bought some emo goth shit from Tata's which again I didn't like.

I think the outfits are nice except for the ringdoll one but they don't look impressive on the Celtis.

The lower half of his face is huge despite the online photos, so not every haircut suits him.

I have also tried maybe focusing on different colour palettes when planning some outfit for him but nothing just inspires me.

What bothers me is that none of my other dolls give me this problem. Hell I even have a doll that I draped a chiffon around it like a toga and hung shit ton of jewelry on it and I'm satisfied with it. But this one doll, despite so many nice outfits is being so uninspiring.
>>
Give me reasons why I shouldn't get dds Rin Kagamine.
>>
File: 26960523212_417af0eafe_b.jpg (146KB, 1024x692px) Image search: [Google]
26960523212_417af0eafe_b.jpg
146KB, 1024x692px
>>6045792
I'm surprised to hear you have issues dressing him, since the Proud body is a popular base for the "uncle" size (i.e. beefy 70cm guys that are not SD17, Dollshe Hound slim nor Iple EID beef).
Uncle since that's the translated term of the one they use on Taobao for it.
Try SSDF size from LUTS too.
I have that body myself (it's actually my grail body), and it's currently dressed in an Iplehouse nYID set.
Pants are too short, but he wears riding boots that cover the ends anyway.
Else he wears pretty much all the regular 70cm stuff I own.

I usually would have told you to first take care of the face/wig/eyes and get inspired by other Celtis out there.
However, looking at Flickr most of them are, uh, pretty underwhelming.
Pic attached is the nicest one, and even with a proper face-up and that pretty angora wig he still looks...off.
The eyes are wonky and the lower part does not look like in the Spiritdoll pictures at all, and he really needs a wig that frames his face and covers the forehead.
So it's probably not that retarded to blame it on the weird features.

If you really can't find him a suitable style after all this time, and if he keeps on making trouble, maybe do sell him?
I had a few dolls I desperately tried to make work for years, and in the end I was always relieved when I finally gave up and the doll was out of my door.
Even the ones I really held onto for years in hopes shit would work out someday.
Sometimes you need to accept that things are the way they are, and focus your money/time on the dolls that make fun.

Hm, that was barely helpful.
Sorry anon, I am mostly the "I plan, then I look for the fitting doll for this plan" type too.
If a doll didn't work out for me it was usually a shift in taste OR company photo differed too much from doll in real.
>>
>>6045290
It depends on the faces, but size-wise it looks usually pretty good.
Most female SDs are actually a tad smaller (i.e. 58cm), but when they stand next to a 70cm guy they can rest their face against their chest, which looks pretty cute.
At 65cm they can lean their head on the guy's shoulder.

Just make sure to not go much smaller (my SD10 boy looks nearly like a kid next to my 70cm father) and that it's an adult looking 60cm woman, like a Limwha.
And that the girl isn't some slim DC doll with tiny head versus a beefy 70cm EID guy.
>>
File: 2039457609568.png (807KB, 582x747px) Image search: [Google]
2039457609568.png
807KB, 582x747px
>>6045948
>However, looking at Flickr most of them are, uh, pretty underwhelming.

What the fuck is up with Celtis owners on flickr? With the exception of two, all of them look awful LMFAO
>>
>>6045948
Thanks anon. No actually you were plenty helpful. I never sold a doll so maybe I wasn't ready to deal with the reality that I might have to sell him. Now that you said it I think you're right I just have to sell him and move on.
>>
>>6045986
I don't get it either.
It's one thing to fail at making a doll look decent that is wonky/has a weird face, but the ones on Flickr are clearly all the "not even trying" type.

Which is weird, because on the Spiritdoll photos he looks pretty good.
Surprised to see there aren't many out there and that the ones out there are mostly owned by people with zero taste/skill.

He really does need a wig that hides his big ass forehead and frames the face, else it looks just bad.
Like pic attached is actually pretty cute (back of his head is still huge though).
>>
File: 7.jpg (28KB, 481x722px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
28KB, 481x722px
>>6046048
First time selling can be scary if you aren't used to it, and it always sucks to admit that this several hundred dollar doll was money wasted.

But good to hear that it still helped.
Maybe you can use the money to try a different 70cm guy (they are my favourite size, so I might be biased) or just spoil the dolls you already own.
It's definitely better than having a doll that frustrates you and doesn't work no matter what.
>>
File: 26803305411_5503b5415d_z.jpg (83KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
26803305411_5503b5415d_z.jpg
83KB, 480x640px
>>6046064
>>6045986
This one is my absolute favorite. It's a masterpiece.
>>
File: IMG_1721.jpg (322KB, 1415x1415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1721.jpg
322KB, 1415x1415px
>Actual tattoo artist did this
I was hoping they didn't do that shitty blown out tattoo on their own hand but those awful lines on the bird don't inspire confidence.

>>6045946
There are no reasons. Do it, Rin is cute AF.
>>
>>6046522
Holy shit, that girl has R tattooed in the same place on her right hand. Hahahaha
>>
>>6046064
The spiritdoll photos can be deceiving. The doll looks ok when his head is ever so slightly tilted down, which is how he is positioned in the photoshoot and the blank sculpt pic. But when from front and other angled, the massive jaw is an eyesore. The bulbous head doesn't look in a lot of wigs either.

>>6046070
Thanks. I was nervous before thinking about having to lose money when selling a doll but now that I'm actually preparing the doll to sell, I feel like a huge burden is lifted from my back. It feels amazing actually.
I'm definitely going to use the money to spoil my other dolls. I have two other 70cm boys that need more accessories. Hell maybe I'll go on a big resizing project and use all of my Celtis's outfits for my those two.
>>
>>6046522
A lot of tattoo artists are pretty shitty and uninspired people who either just trace from their stock of vector images or give people straight up garbage because they don't know what decent art looks like
>>
>>6046692
Yeah, its unfortunate, they don't exactly test you on your skill as an artist to get licensed, just your cleanliness habits and some very basic medical stuff. Hell, where I grew up everyone had a friend who's older sibling was 'training' to be a tat artist and had the equipment and would totes give you a free one if you'd let them practice on you. My brother was one who fell victim to it, and now he not only has a really shaky traced-from-google-images family crest on his leg, but its also the wrong crest. Because my brother is a dipshit.
>>
>>6046724
I grew up in an area like that too. My sister dated a guy who had an equally terrible family crest on his upper arm that his cousin did. Cousin said 'hey man close your eyes I'll give you a surprise' so my sister's boyfriend did and then his cousin did a little swastika inside the crest as a joke.

The ex-boyfriend is now in jail and the cousin with the tattoo gun died in a murder suicide recently. Fun times!
>>
File: tumblr_ofpo1tIbY61t1ydfpo1_540.jpg (103KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofpo1tIbY61t1ydfpo1_540.jpg
103KB, 540x540px
Sorry, gonna rant a little.

>in FB selling group Septemberish
>ohshit someone is selling something I've been looking for for months!
>leave comment and message seller
>want to throw money at you for these shoes
>crickets for three weeks
>They finally reply "oh hey, out of town will contact you when I get back"
>Cool, cool, let me know when you get back so I can throw money at you
>never replies back despite me trying to initiate followup

REEEE. If you don't have the time to sell shit, don't post it for sale.

>>6045792
Which Ringdoll outfit did you get for him? I bought an MSD outfit lately from them and its pretty well constructed. If it's an older outfit, idk, but the newer ones were pretty nice looking, even if they have a few questionable fabric choices.

>>6045948
Yeah, a lot of people were using the Proud bodies for their Soom Super Gem hybrids for a while. Also, magnetic dicks for fujoshit funtime.

>>6046530
Pfff hahaha. That sounds like some dumb cliche shit I would do.

>>6046724
My sister tried to get me into apprenticing as a tattoo artist, but meh. I quickly grew out of that.
>>
>>6046773
A lot of my high school buds ended up with shitty self tattoos, one ended up with a nasty infection. Then one of my uncles got hepatitis and eventually died from a shitty tattoo his buddy gave him

So if you think about it crappy bjd tattoos are pretty accurate!
>>
>>6046814
I experienced the same thing trying to buy shoes from someone last year. Maybe it's the same person.
>>
>>6046522
Nothing can fly?
Except for, hmm, birds for example?!

>>6046530
Thought you were joking at first and that L was supposed to be some Death Note fangirl shit, but...wow.

>>6046596
Good to hear anon, really.
I've shared that feeling so many times, but in the end it always was for the better to just get rid of the doll and use the cash on something else.

>>6046814
>Which Ringdoll outfit did you get for him?
Not that anon, but I remember getting the first Sol outfit back then and wow, what a piece of garbage.
Fabric choice was bad, the pants were basically just stretchy shimmery leggins with sewed on suspenders, and it just looked incredibly silly.
The fabric of the coat was also cheap and tacky.
I gladly got it sold quickly, but still.

I still want to try their Rc70-44 uniform though, at least the fabric there looks decent.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480639931549.jpg (117KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480639931549.jpg
117KB, 2048x1536px
I don't know how some people have the nerve to sell broken leg parts (from a company that will freely replace them) for $150. Especially on a sales group where SD bodies go for $100-200 only.
>>
>>6048145
How did that person manage to break three legs?!
I get breaking one, maybe even two when they were both attached at the same time and something happened during shipping...but three?
>>
>>6046814
I got two outfits from them actually. One Pan outfit (the one with the top hat and black and white striped arm warmers) that was for another SD of mine which the quality was pure ass. The fabric looked and felt incredibly cheap. Then years later with the release of the new sculpts I kept hearing from people that the quality of the outfits is good so I thought that Ringdoll must've changed their sewing services so I got a Norman suit and again, the fabric felt thin and cheap. It wasn't full brown ass like the Pan one, but for the price, I've seen better closed elsewhere.

Not gonna lie, their designs are really nice and enticing. I've really wanted the Rc70-43 and the Rc70-56 but I don't trust their quality anymore.
>>
>>6048191
Probably from stringing too tight.
>>
File: Owen_600900_02.jpg (35KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Owen_600900_02.jpg
35KB, 600x900px
>>
>>6048721
looks like a semi-offensive caricature
>>
>>6048338
Friend of mine has the Norman suit too, the fur they used for the cape is really bad and for a suit the overall quality really is meh.
Basically cheap BJD ebay suit quality.
It's not super bad, just not really good.
>>
File: niggest.jpg (27KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
niggest.jpg
27KB, 300x300px
>>6048721
>>
>>6048338
>>6049098
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've changed designers when doing outfits. Their older ones aren't as great (I want to say anything before their naval uniform phase). My Mad Hatter jacket is a nice thick suede (the weird curly stuff at the collar is kinda gross, though) and the shirt was like chiffon. The elastic for the bowtie kinda came fucked up, but was easy to replace. I more or less separated most of the outfit for a couple of dolls.

Also the fuzzy Pan outfit was horrendous. It was like a clown tried fashion design.
>>
>>6048721
I'll withhold my judgement until I see it painted
>>
File: Michael-Bowie_600900_03.jpg (83KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Michael-Bowie_600900_03.jpg
83KB, 600x900px
>>6048721
Is it as bad as this guy though?
>>
>>6049481

Seconded, a good faceup could make it look good.
>>
File: 1477438710172.jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1477438710172.jpg
25KB, 323x454px
>>6017309
Like...do you have a fat fetish anon?
Are you tired of seeing the same skinny BJDs and you are wanting something different?
Did tumblr brainwash you?
I'm coming up with reasons as for why you want this cause, I see no appeal in this whatsoever.
>>
File: whatthefuckisthis.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuckisthis.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>6021935
>Those red, swollen, puffy ears
>Those shitty ass potato gauges
>That failed abortion of a paint job
Anon, what the fuck were you thinking
>>
File: HOLY FUCK MAN.png (378KB, 331x431px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY FUCK MAN.png
378KB, 331x431px
>>6036796
My god, it looks like a fucking grotesque monster.
I'm both horrify and entertain.
>>
>>6037981
>>6037984
looks like a drag queen
>>
>>6050078
That's how the artist always does her make up so you know it's intentional too
>>
>>6050047
I could see myself wanting a better sculpted fat doll. Not to make a character out of but just as a unique collection piece.
>>
>>6047152
>>6048338
Its interesting to hear this, because they sell at the local doll convention most years and I've noticed they don't seem to sell nearly as much as any of the other vendors. I know the last time I went it was them and Dollmore, and Dollmore was selling clothes hand over fist but Ringdoll seemed to have the same few items out all day.
>>
File: tumblr_mhiat3GlL51r30h2ao1_1280.png (558KB, 976x544px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhiat3GlL51r30h2ao1_1280.png
558KB, 976x544px
>>6048338
>I kept hearing from people that the quality of the outfits is good
Please remember that people also say Milanoo (pic related) is totally a good company to buy cosplay from too. Some people equate good quality with "did not immediately fall apart or cause death".
>>
>>6050057
Anon who posted it is obviously not the person who did the mod.

>>6050047
Pretty sure nobody on this thread has actually expressed interest in buying this thing for four hundred buckaroos

Wait, were both these posts the same person? Maybe you're new here and don't realize that /bjd/ likes to share trainwreck dolls just for amusement value, not bc we want to buy them.
>>
>>6048721
He looks like he has just seen a police officer/klansman/>>6022349
>>
>>6048721
>>6050488
Is this sculpt supposed to be a realistic child? Maybe it's just the wide-eyedness that makes me thing that, it sort of reminds me of Iplehouse Benny but more startled.
>>
>>6050300
God, that is sad looking
>>
File: Angela_Owen_600900_02.jpg (46KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Angela_Owen_600900_02.jpg
46KB, 600x900px
>>6050514
Yes it is supposed to be a child.

Also, has anyone seen the new Bermann? Maybe I'm blind or something but for some reason I can't see any resemblance to the old Bermann whatsoever.
>>
>>6050574
I actually don't think the face is all that bad, since I understood it as a child from the get-go. But, what is up with the chest partition? Just looks ill-fitting.
>>
>>6050290
TBF, Dollmore is the brand the kids with less money try to buy when they aren't trying to DIY sock dresses. If you want basics, they're not awful. It's kind of easy to see why they aren't selling as many $75-$200 outfits when there's another vendor selling stuff for $5-$80. Ringdoll sometimes won't sell their display models, which I guess is okay, but felt kind of weird. Like, they wanted to push more online sales while attending the convention rather than sell what they had.

>>6050300
They are hit or miss. I own several company outfits and my Ringdoll outfit was pretty much a hit. They beat Soom, anyway. I love Iplehouse clothing even if it's bland looking, and never had any problems with Volks.

>>6050047
Anon, we're the vicious harpies that try to escape tumblr. We're just giving our raunchy criticism over trainwrecks like we always do.
>>
File: generic minifee ripoff art.png (644KB, 1324x592px) Image search: [Google]
generic minifee ripoff art.png
644KB, 1324x592px
>friends came to visit from 200 miles away
>one forgot her makeup remover wipes
>go to Target with friends in search of makeup remover wipes
>the strong stench of unwashed people still lingers in the wake of Black Friday
>I fuck off and wander around craft section
>See this
>Oh shit. It's a Minifee Chloe with teeth

...At least it wasn't anything from Elfgutz, I guess.
I kind of wonder if the artist ripped off a doll picture Kaoru Hasegawa-style.
>>
>>6051218
Personally I'm reminded of a plain Lisa Frank
>>
File: mamamia.png (1MB, 912x716px) Image search: [Google]
mamamia.png
1MB, 912x716px
The most inspiring company vs owner photo.
>>
>>6051832
How does the sculptor feel when owners troll your work?
>>
File: SA_EN_OE-Bermann_head_900600_01.jpg (37KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
SA_EN_OE-Bermann_head_900600_01.jpg
37KB, 900x600px
>>6050574
I miss the old dollshe. The 3-foot mini fuckdoll look does nothing for me. I want a regular doll.
>>
>>6051842
It depends on the artist desu, I think I would find it hysterical, but I remember hearing about one guy who was pissed that someone wanted to hybrid the doll with a more voluptuous body.
>>
>>6051255
>>6051218
Yeah anon I'm not seeing Minifee Chloe so much as Bratz Chloe. The face is so flat and the eyes are so bland that it just looks generic 1998-2001 era girl art slapped onto a traced stock image of a Teen Beat cover.
>>
>>6051842
Have a friend who sculpts and sells their own heads, and at least they sometimes go full "What the fuck did you do to my doll" whenever they browse Flickr and co. to see what buyers do in the end.
Of course they don't write anything or post something about this openly, but when among friends they sometimes 'rant'. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for a lot of artists. Doubt it with the random cheapo chinese companies though, they know who buys their dolls and in some cases the official photos look nearly as bad as the owner ones (like that girl in the upper right here >>6051832
).

>>6050290
Agree with other anon, that's because Dollmore is cheap as fuck.
At least at LDoll they are also very "aggressive", i.e. they have tubs full off pieces for low prices and people just dig through them like there's no tomorrow.
Most of the other companies preferred to showcase their stuff and have the available outfits neatly arranged (Sadol was a mix, they also had those tubs with shitton of clothes, but the outfits were all neatly bagged and only a few per tub).
>>
>>6051910
What is Mr. Dollshe's obsession with giant dicks recently? Is he trying to get the attention of lonely women and use dicks as a selling point?
That Bermann looks awful. Did he supposedly "fix" it? It doesn't even match the realistic body. At least the old Bermann body was stylistic enough to suit the head.
>>
>>6052508
Recently? He always had that.
Compared to dolls back then the old Dollshe bodies had a big dick too, which is why lots of Dollshe owners always complained how difficult they are to put pants on.
Unlike with a real guy you can't just move the dick to one leg.

Old joke is that Mr. Dollshe is pretty well hung down there himself, which explains why it's such a big deal (ha) to him.
>>
>>6052512
oh yeah, I can't believe i completely forgot about the soda can looking dicks of the old dollshe bodies. ooops

>>6052505
>>6050964
I never ordered outfits from dollmore but is their quality any good for the price?
>>
>>6052522
Not really.
Their stuff is mostly pretty tacky, fabrics are cheap and designs are outdated (heck, some of their clothes have been in the store since I entered the hobby eight years ago).
Some of the pieces (like eyes, accessoires and shoes) are not made by them and just bought cheaply from chinese vendors/not really made for dolls.
Like those watches they sell, they are human rings.

Their dolls are also weird af.
Faces are wonky and often look bad in real.

If you need some basics (i.e. tanktops, underwear, socks) and order from them because they have a piece you can't find anywhere else, they are fine to shop with.
But in reality most people who've been in the hobby for a while will stop shopping there sooner or later.
I remember my big dream was always to make a 300$ order there, just clothes. Was the same with every new collector I met. After a while you realize they have nothing good to offer and you are better off buying one really nice outfiit elsewhere.
>>
>>6052533
>Their dolls are also weird af.
>>
File: k_calvin.jpg (49KB, 550x592px) Image search: [Google]
k_calvin.jpg
49KB, 550x592px
>>6052578
Totally forgot about Dollmore Calvin.
Dude was back then THE example for a fugly head...so fugly even Dollmore retired him, despite hanging onto their other weird dolls till today.

Just saw the DoA thread, head was released 2005.
Time flies.
>>
>>6052522
I put in a huge order for very cheap from Dollmore because I had one piece that was nice. It's a little cotton dress in white with lace, it's pretty nice but basic so I picked up a bunch of other basic pieces. I got about ten shirts, two shorts and two pair of leggings. All of the sstuff like other anons said... its nice, but very basic. And none of it is like... meant to be fitted to a specifc brand or model so it's all sort of 'generic' looking while on, if that makes sense
>>
> tfw you finally sell a doll head you've painted and you check out the buyer's social media and its full of really nicely put together, beautiful dolls with nice wigs and faceups and high quality photos

such a good feeling, its a big relief, and maybe i'll actually get to see pics of the doll all put together. 90% of the work i do for people, i never see again. i've painted hundreds of faces, but i almost never see owner pics, not even when i follow the owners hoping to see some.
>>
>>6053199
Same anon, same.

Sometimes I'm a little glad though.
I hate seeing my own works after a while, so it's probably for the better when they aren't constantly posted.
>>
>>6052522
They're good for small simple separate pieces. You'll likely have to snip a few stray threads here and there, but they're okay. They're really bland. I've bought a couple of full outfits from them and they were okay, but the headdress on one fell apart out of the package. My ex got a military-looking uniform from them one time and it wasn't awful.

They have some pretty neat accessories though, like glasses.

>>6052533
I remember really liking their promo pics for Dean and then watched with horror as owner pics came in full of disappointment.

I still really like Dollmore Asha, though. A friend of mine had her and she was super cute.
>>
>>
>>6052512

Does anybody have the 44cm 28M/18M boys? I've never been much for SD's so when I saw that he scaled down I got super interested

Just not certain how they pose/look/feel in real life and you all have standards
>>
>>6052512
>Compared to dolls back then the old Dollshe bodies had a big dick too, which is why lots of Dollshe owners always complained how difficult they are to put pants on.
>Unlike with a real guy you can't just move the dick to one leg.
>Old joke is that Mr. Dollshe is pretty well hung down there himself, which explains why it's such a big deal (ha) to him.
How do you know he has a big shlong ?
>>
>>6054055

because he makes everyone who buys his dolls suck it first
>>
>>6054015
Friend of mine has a small David.
They are pretty cool, pose well, aesthetic works even in this tiny form.
However, the head/face is tiny, so it's difficult to paint and get a wig for/buy eyes.
It's fashion doll size after all.
Because of that they also look pretty silly next to regular MSDs.

>>6054055
Did you actually read the whole post?
Says in the last line “old joke is“; nobody knows how hung Mr. Dollshe is, nobody said that he is well hung. It's a joke among collectors, based on his creations.
>>
>>6053711
I don't get why everyone I've seen is foaming at the mouth for this.

Arms are way too skinny. Torso looks weird af, that stomach is also way too skinny. The abs look silly.

Thighs aren't bad though.

It has all the same problem the iplehouse HID woman had, except this time there are abs.
>>
>>6054416
She looks like a slim but trained woman.

The HID was just slim and basically was EID 2.0.
People also were angry because Iple teased them for years now, made polls, released a line called “Herculean“ with a huge guy and then the female body is the same old look.
Heck, she's the same height too (and smaller than EID man, instead of just smaller than HID man).
If Iple hadn't pretended to release a big beefy woman someday people wouldn't have been so disappointed.

People know they will never get a truly beefy woman, so they accept something like Impl.
Still better than what Iple did, even if I'm not a fan of the Impl aesthetic.
>>
>>6054162

Do you think the body could by hybrided with another company's head?
>>
File: 23139611086_eaca1a7504_b.jpg (176KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
23139611086_eaca1a7504_b.jpg
176KB, 1024x683px
>>6054606
I honestly can't imagine any regular BJD head on it (as in, regular 1/4 head).
The neck is thick enough, but the shoulders probably not wide enough.
Maybe with an outfit and if you pick a head that is long in shape and not wide.

Pic attached, Fashion Dollshe next to MNF and Mydolling (not mine, snatched from Flickr).
>>
>>6054814
Adding another comparison.
Fairyland Chicline, Dollshe Fashion and Agatti.

I know people who used the Chicline body for regular LTF/MNF heads, but they are so bobble-headed no matter what.
Again, if you use a slim head and dress the doll it might work.

Other fashion doll heads would be really difficult to determine.
We have no real standard with the bigger sizes, but the new fashion sizes are even worse.
>>
File: 35453415343513.jpg (48KB, 750x599px) Image search: [Google]
35453415343513.jpg
48KB, 750x599px
>>6054826
Sorry, dropped the pic (taken by MadameMauMau)
>>
Okay where is everyone seeing this new Minifee release with the Oscardoll faceup that's supposedly bad? I can't even find it.
>>
An exclusive sneak peek at what is clearly Kayke's next big project.
>>
>>6056234
Well...
>>
>>6055532
I tried finding a picture of it too but the only one I found was on someone's Insta (at least I think it was that MNF).
It's not on FLs blog either.
>>
File: newfairyline.jpg (127KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
newfairyline.jpg
127KB, 576x1024px
>>6055532
>>6056333
Someone posted a screenshot in the fairyline thread on DOA. The faceup is indeed awful, but the face itself is actually nice, and its most likely going to be a centaur. Probably a lot like the hippogriff, because in this pic its clearly wearing wings that look meant for another part of the body, like how the hippogriff wings could come off the animal torso and be put on the back magnets of the doll instead.
>>
File: newfairyline2.jpg (75KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
newfairyline2.jpg
75KB, 576x1024px
>>6056488
Also she's a unicorn. Basically fairyland is copying soom and luts years too late. But people will still buy the shit out of it. At least you know the engineering will be top notch.
>>
File: flcentaur.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
flcentaur.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
Here's the new centaur body/unicorn head in case anyone was curious, (found it on the designer's facebook under Kim SunHwa). I don't really care for the ruffles on the side of the horse body, but it goes with the aesthetic they had with the hippogriffs.
>>
File: lutsyul.jpg (106KB, 650x930px) Image search: [Google]
lutsyul.jpg
106KB, 650x930px
>>6056576
Body seems too skinny. While the leg joints and engineering look good, LUTS did the proportion of MSD centaurs better. Though I guess FL could be going for The Last Unicorn super waifish aesthetic, but knowing them they give her huge balloon tits like all of their other fairyline girls and ruin the look.
>>
>>6056234
From what I understand, she gets #triggered by dick. As for the face, eh, yeah, but that alien clearly looks like more thought had been put into it.

>>6056576
I like this, but I'm sure the cost would be astronomical. And no telling with how many QC problems.
>>
>>6056576

I'm convinced most of the Asian bjd companies have never seen a horse or even a picture of one. Soul doll is the absolute worst about terrible horse sculpting.

The fairyland attempt is cute but it's too skinny, horses have pretty big guts. Very rarely do their abdomins tuck in like a dog's do. It'd like Asian companies are scared to put any roundness there for fear the horse part will look fat or some shit.
>>
>>6057418
whats your take on LUTS's version? >>6056746

its obviously not perfect but i think its better than the others because it seems they're the only company willing to make it thick around the middle.
>>
>>6057418
>it's cute but it's skinnier than a real horse lol it's like they've never seen one

Anon it's a fucking unicorn, of course it's going to be unrealistically dainty and shit

Inb4 kayke who probably still lurks here sculpts an obese unicorn to fight thin privilege and gives it identical hooker makeup to herself
>>
>>6051832
That person bought a Soom Dia head recently. I can't wait to see how hard she's gonna shit on that sculpt.

>>6056576
>>6057418
I think it looks lovely. Of course it's not gonna look like a realistic big gutted horse because it's a stylized unicorn and it looks pretty anyway.
>>
>>6056576
It looks very pretty and I would love it but it would just be a big and expensive mlp toy for warming my shelf.

Speaking of which an anon is selling the volks kagamine twins via doa and I kinda want them but same shelf warming problems...but they're cuuuuutteeee. I don't normally like the animu faces.
>>
>>6035649
In 30 years there will be more Muslims and brown people than Germans, so get ready for some hijabs.
>>
>>6038881
Shit this is what my body type is but I'm a dude and I feel so insecure about it, I didn't expect to see a doll like this lmao.
>>
>>6058181
>>6058183
Make up your mind
>>
>>6058189
I meant to reply to the flat chested one I don't have tiddies and sorry for such a dumb shitpost
>>
>>6057427

The luts one is the only decent one in my opinion. It's close to anatomically correct and the porportions are nice.

The best horse body as far as realism goes was probably soom epidos but they fucked up the proportions of the human torso in comparison to the horse part so bad it ruins it.

>>6057728

I don't give a shit if it's a unicorn it would look better balanced with a more rounded underline. Having horse part look like it has a bit of weight to it tends to make for better overall centaurs. Centaurs are already strange looking due the the added mass of a human torso in place of a horse head, making the horse part skinny only makes them look front heavy as fuck.

It's not horrendous on the fairyland example or anything like it is with souldoll but still.
>>
Is it possible to build on a faceup after you've applied a semi gloss to parts?

I did the face up earlier in the year and now I wish I had added more to the lips. I don't want to redo everything, just add more to the lips.
>>
Personally I think the best looking centaurs are cherubic tinies.

It just doesn't work in older looking dolls
>>
File: tumblr_ng3k9yvTvI1ryukn8o1_500.gif (690KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ng3k9yvTvI1ryukn8o1_500.gif
690KB, 500x667px
FUN AND FRESH TIMES >>6058659

WE HAVE A NEW THREAD >>6058659

Have a Krampus spanking yaoi starfish
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.