[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 344
Thread images: 103

File: TransformersLogo.jpg (160KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
TransformersLogo.jpg
160KB, 1000x562px
Old thread nuked for no reason edition.
>>
Amazon offers are gone at the moment, but you can still get FM for 110 if you buy it at entertainment earth and use a code that adds an extra 20 off (it's at 130).
>>
>>6013347
>got FortMax this morning when he was $106

Thanks for helping me make that quick decision, /toy/. You may be a bunch of shitposting retards, but when you actually stop flinging shit at each other you're real bros.
>>
>>6013349
I got it for 116 a month ago. A bit annoyed I could have gotten it for 10 less, but no sense crying over spilled milk.

Now if only that third party group working on the new gun and sword for FM would hurry up.
>>
>>6013351

Well, I figure the lowest he's going to drop is $80-90, like Devy did last year. Devy also sold out quick as fuck at that price when that happened too. So I didn't want to miss out, and said fuck it and nabbed him at $106 with a little push from people here.

FortMax is going to be my first modern Titan class, and I owned the original as a kid. I know he's just a remold of Metro, but I don't own Metro and who knows when he'll be reissued (and even if he is, for what price?).

How are the fanmodes for Fortmax? Do they fuck his joints up or anything? The one that uses the legs like skyscrapers looks baller as fuck to me.
>>
>>6013356
Nah, the fanmodes don't fuck anything up, go nuts.

>I know he's just a remold of Metro, but I don't own Metro and who knows when he'll be reissued

At best I expect Takara to release a Metrotitan when Hasbro doesn't release a Titan, so probably after they're done with Omega Supreme. And yeah, Metro feels like he's almost a full package (losing sixgun, a gun, and the tank, the only real problem being that the stomach isn't thick enough), since FM's has a few issues(really big head, thigh's aren't bulky enough, color distribution kind of sucks on the retail version, lost the guns, cog, and the sword). But at 105 you can overlook some of those issues.
>>
>>6013356
>How are the fanmodes for Fortmax?

Meh.
>>
File: LHR4ANm.jpg (14KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
LHR4ANm.jpg
14KB, 480x270px
>MP megatron 2.0
>23,000 Yen

Feel good man
>>
File: spruce.png (2MB, 999x1089px) Image search: [Google]
spruce.png
2MB, 999x1089px
>>
>>6013375
>just on sprues
>not the actual beads of plastic in the injection machine

Meh/10
>>
>>6013375
>there are actually people who waste money on shit like this
kekles
>>
Well, looks like I've not missed anything.
>>
File: 20161110_191403.jpg (138KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
20161110_191403.jpg
138KB, 1152x864px
Is Blurr made out of recycled, unsold RID minicons...?
>>
I wouldn't mind that proto clear plastic Rhinox desu.
>>
>>6013287
So, TAKasa MP roadrage and Ironhide are on the way to me, aside from red awesomeness, what else can I expect?
>>
>>6013480
Rubber tires
poorly trimmed flash
peg and peg hole that probably won't fit right
>>
>>6013480
Cheap KO plastic
>>
File: DSCN0781.jpg (600KB, 917x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0781.jpg
600KB, 917x1024px
>>6013482
>>6013481
wow, I didn't know you lot were a bunch of OFFICIAL ONLY cucklords.

I've read lots about how the kos fix issues, like track's floppy knees, or similar.

meh, considering i got them both for less than an official only ironhide, it's fine.
>>
>>6013486
Woah dude chill, just telling you what to expect.

Overall KOs have been pretty much on par with takara quality lately, just with some fixable QC issues.
>>
>>6013483
Strangely emissary looks well with him if you have a fort max
>>
>>6013495
Don't respond seriously to him, he's baiting. Just report and move on.
>>
File: 36-Brainstorm.jpg (584KB, 2048x1576px) Image search: [Google]
36-Brainstorm.jpg
584KB, 2048x1576px
>>6013483
Try Loudmouth or Clobber. Their neutral gray color should work alright on the Brainstorm body. Brawn could also work, if you can ignore the dark green behind his face.
>>
>>6013499
What did he do before? Asking for Titan Master suggestions seems innocent enough.
>>
>>6013499
That's pretty poor bait asking a question.
I'll ignore anon if it's clear he wants to stir the pot but as it stands he ask a question about a toy so I'll answer it.
Your reaction is what a baiter wants.
>>
>>6013502
>>6013503
He uses T30 Brainstorm as a form of bait to piss people off, knowing very well that a good number of people ITT dislike it. Mentions it whenever he can, tries to imply or outright state that it's better than the TR ver., etc. Also, notice how he clearly states he wants to make a custom out of an exclusive figure that most people have difficulty obtaining.

Pretty obvious bait desu, I believe he's gotten banned before but looks like he's evading now.
>>
File: test.jpg (549KB, 1600x1302px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
549KB, 1600x1302px
>no one is posting autismo 2.0

OH GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY, MY WALLET IS BLEEDING
>>
File: test.jpg (559KB, 1600x1727px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
559KB, 1600x1727px
>>6013509
I want to hug him and call him kekatron
>>
>>6013504
That's still very weak bait and makes me question how unstable some posters are here
Some people here prefer CW computron over UW one but it makes no difference to me
He can think thrilling 30 Bstorm is the best TF made and I wouldn't care. He ask for help within reason I'm going to help.
To get this obsessed over it is just stupid.
Report or hide but don't give them the attention of you being bitchy
>>
>>6013509
Ooh, gotta love that jointed chain.

You got any more Megs vs Prime pics? They don't look so awkward together when they're fighting.
>>
File: test.jpg (140KB, 783x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
140KB, 783x960px
>>6013510
So he's an overpriced bastard, but hay, how can you so no to that face?

Answer, ask your wallet, at 23,000yen he ain't coming easy
>>
>>6013511
I think we should report that anon you're replying to for instigating more shitposting.
>>
File: test.jpg (169KB, 949x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
169KB, 949x960px
>>6013513
Just noticed the damaged parts have a slight gloss to them, thats attention to detail for those who remember this scene.

>>6013512
I'm afraid this is the only one of the 2 fighting, until we have him in hand
>>
>>6013511
Well, I'm just pointing out the fact that it's bait, to aid my fellow anons and stop the thread from becoming anothe shitpost hell like the last two.

And yeah, I think he may be the CW Computron shitposter too. That one follows an extremely similar vein to this bait, only that this one is more recent I believe.

>>6013509
Finally, something to take our minds off the bait.

Aside from the grey plastic, I'm seriously considering getting him and MP-10 just for the novelty of it. Don't have the money or space for that though.
>>
File: test.jpg (179KB, 856x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
179KB, 856x960px
>>6013515
>look at me maa i'ma flyin'
>>
>>6013509
I just hope some 3P designer apes the leg engineering on MP autismo and puts it on a new 3P with a better chest.

Overall he's really meh for me but considering there's at least one thing I hate on every 3P megatron (most often the legs), he's an objective improvement.
>>
File: test.jpg (193KB, 960x859px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
193KB, 960x859px
>>6013518
>ima firin ma lazor

>>6013516
In all honesty I suspect the brainstorm anon might just be a fan of brainstorm and is proud of the fact he likes a particular mold, much like how I love t30 blitzwing, just ignore anyone "calling him out" because the whole thing degenerates further than it needs to.

I mean look at jesus dashboard or the guy who posted the wasted molds meme, or even the autismo image we know and lothe
>>
File: test.jpg (121KB, 802x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
121KB, 802x960px
>>6013520
A better standing stance

>>6013519
I currently like how he is now, its the back that needs work but most mp's have ugly backs anyway.

One good thing about the 3p's is the price, I think most of the cost is going towards the gunstock, he's on par with mp10 but no giant trailer to make up for it, makes the magnus mold look like a bargain
>>
>>6013515
I wish his regular gray parts also had more gloss.
>>
>>6013520
There's a pretty big difference between just liking something and going out of your way to attack everyone who disagrees with you, and antagonizing everyone to smoke out those who disagree in the first place. This guy is the latter, and he does it on a fairly occasional basis.

Like, notice how there's no T30 Blitzwing shitposter, or no Universe Galvatron shitposter, but there is for Classics Hot Rod, CW Computron, Generations Scourge and T30 Brainstorm. Funny how some things are isn't it?
>>
>>6013513
>23,000 yen

Is he up for preorder yet at real sites, or is it still just the two big jews of BBTS and TFsource?
>>
File: test.jpg (74KB, 2048x1147px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
74KB, 2048x1147px
>>6013521
>WATCH OUT HE'S GOT A GUN

>>6013522
Problem is they'll show scratches easier, I can see it happening
>>
>>6013522
I don't know why but I actually prefer the matte grey plastic over the silver of the 3Ps.

I fucking hate G1 too so that's odd.

I think I find the silver tacky and overdone, whereas the grey has a certain classiness and restraint to me.
>>
File: test.jpg (72KB, 2048x1220px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
72KB, 2048x1220px
>>6013521
Both sides of the gun look good, only bit of kibble is his head, can you see it?

>>6013523
I was only aware of the t30 brainstorm poster, never knew the others you mentioned, I suspect its the same guy.

Funny enough I like all those molds apart from computron but to each their own, I spoke to him before and found him fine but that's because I'm capable of going from accepting of dog shit to in tolerate of crooked tampos in 10 seconds
>>
>>6013529
Same here, especially for the CW Computron one. The similarities between the two shitposting styles are almost striking.

There's also a Classics Bee shitposter although I think he's someone else.
>>
>>6013525
>>6013529
I wonder where his chest plate goes in gun mode.
>>
File: test.jpg (107KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
107KB, 960x960px
>>6013529
And accessories

>>6013524
He's up on premiumcollectables, currently amiami has the reissues of mp10 mp11 and soundwave and his cassette buddies happening (getting the hasbro soundwave, the yellow eyes I can tolerate with the value of the set)

>>6013526
I share your thoughts, silver is classy as fuck and its why I love the cw leader megatron, but the grey calms him down a bit

>>6013530
I suspect all of our most common trolls are just the one guy, he knows some of us get triggered, or perhaps he's talking to himself, we REALLY need to learn to ignore him (or maybe they get poster ID's here)

>>6013531
Long ago I posted a theoretical transformation guide, sadly I never kept it.

One one saved it, gonna take ours scrolling chink sites to find it?
>>
>>6013483
Chromedome but that's assuming you don't need that head for his body.
Or you could part swap with a blurr and use Nightbeats head
>>
>>6013535
>>6013531
Ah here we are, this will shed some light or give a hint
>>
>>6013521
He's not terrible by any stretch, but there's a lot of nitpicks I have with him.
>The back is ugly and while some MPs have ugly backs anyway I wouldn't call it an excuse. MP36's back is making the worst of the worst look completely beautiful by comparison.
>I don't like poorly animated logos
>he's covered in transformation greebles and just about every part of him is covered in seams and hinges. It's not that I just expect seams to magically disappear when you're finished but there isn't a single cohesive surface on him besides his chests and legs
>hollow arms
>MP Ironhide/Ratchet side skirts that admittebly blend well with his hips
>tends to look best only when viewed from the front and his body looks like a mess when viewed from the side or back
>matte instead of shiny

I am pleased with some of the improvements on him though compared to 3Ps. I really really like his legs, he has great waist articulation and one of the promo shots seems to be displaying an ab crunch, the articulated mace is cool and repurposing the stock as a stand for the robot mode is absolutely genius.

I'll probably get him after reviews are in and if he ends up being solid (another worry for me is how well he holds together, there's nothing that can prove it now but I fear that he could be fall apart like Rodimus or MP11 if you play with him.), but there is going to be some conflict in it for me. Admittedly less so than I would getting a 3P but I wish I could call him perfect.
>>
>>6013535
Definitely. There's almost this premium figure quality to MP-36, like the interchangable faces you see pretty often on some weebshit, and all the accesories and whatnot. I think the grey is a more tasteful and mature choice than silver fucking everywhere.

And I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, we've had cases of that before. Dedicated shitposters are not anything new anyways so we just need to learn how to spot and report him.
>>
>>6013542
I'd be OK with a tank Megatron being grey (as long as it was proper matte grey and not that awful "silver" plastic) but if he's going to be a Walther P38 he needs to be painted silver.
>>
File: 201640zz0hkj0j2st2266s[1].jpg (125KB, 777x1023px) Image search: [Google]
201640zz0hkj0j2st2266s[1].jpg
125KB, 777x1023px
>>6013542
Megatron was always going to have the side skirts, though.
>>
>>6013551
Weird, I never remembered him having side skirts for whatever reason.

Alright nevermind then that isn't a complaint anymore
>>
>>6013542
>back
Really takara just love making their figures front heavy, its a compromise for a good looking alt mode and bot mode these days.
>logos
Its looking like they're tampo'd on so better get your repro labels ready, it seems the anime accuracy fans have screamed hard, I kinda hoped a megatron 2.0 would be on the same page as mp10 in where he blends the best of a damn good toy with a good representation of the character, right now he's more on the animation side
>greebles and seems
The seems are an issue but it *might* be a slight nod into "THIS ISNT A GUN", as for greebles its opinionated, I find he has less than 3p's as per usual mp simple panel design
>mp ironhide mold sideskirts
Those do, but considering there is an upscalled version from the guys who did the upscaled evasion mode movie prime which is throwing out the skirts and ass tires it makes you wonder what was holding them back, regardless I'll be picking up a ratchet in 2 days, clearly all mp's need some tolerance for design choices
>front on appeal
That's takara's mo, mp10 had a nice back but lately its all in the front, still I find the side of mp36 outmatches the 3p's, especially mightron who I kinda liked.
>matte instead of shiny
Shiny scratches easily and is cheaper to mold flat colors than gloss injections, only the damaged parts shine to replicate the scene.

I still have a feeling he was made due to fan response but not directly due to 3p offerings as the back is where they all fail, and if you're this apprehensive on getting him it might be a good idea, you may not be alone and he might go on sale, regardless I hope the turnout works well for you anon, I'll report on him too if I get him
>>
>>6013535
Ah, well, with Amiami Early Bird, Megatron will likely drop by 30%, so going from $230 to a more palpable $160~.

>tfw have Hasbro Soundwave but really want red eyes.
>>
>>6013561
pc have him for $219aud, free shipping within australia, dunno about where you are, I got a feeling the shipping and legal issues will hurt (doesn't he need an orange plug for the US, hlj did that for mp05 as a separate listing but no idea about amiami)

You could just paint the eyes you know, tamiya clear red, just use sticky tack to mask areas, or follow the guides on several forums if you want to do it the properway
>>
File: CrrIgiRVMAILcE7[1].jpg (38KB, 550x299px) Image search: [Google]
CrrIgiRVMAILcE7[1].jpg
38KB, 550x299px
>>6013553
I'm usually on board with animation accuracy, but in the sense that I want to see a faithful, realistic-looking representation of the character, and not the animation model brought to life.

MP Inferno/Grapple are a good example of what I mean by this with regards to their swappable grills. They come with a simplified, matte grey cartoon accurate grills that isn't what I want in an MP, but thankfully also come with a realistic-looking grill that give them more realism and make them look less like a cartoon. And while the option is absolutely nice and something I won't complain about (I'd really like a clean logo chestpiece for MP36 though, that's a complaint), the character is being designed with the cartoon grill in mind and it shows on the details on the rest of the vehicle.

I don't know if many other people feel the same way but I'm fairly certain I'm in the minority no matter what in terms of what I want out of MPs.
>>
>>6013570
The mp design philosophy has changed, I';d like it if more were like the inferno/grapple mold where you can customize it just a little, megatron with the old logo's is a disappointment for me.

I honestly liked how some after mp10 worked, they had elements of the toy (like mp g2 sideswipe with the sticker sheet especially the toy markings) in both design and color (again, the lambor mold, before the anime edition red alert's colors were varied and matched with both animation accuracy and toy accuracy, the anime+ edition ruins that).

I kinda hoped megatron 2.0 would have red inside of the legs, but oh well, could be a design thing, maybe a hasbro deco idea, or maybe they have an anime bias going on
>>
>>6013576
>the toy from the past you always dreamed of

So even Hasui admits it's all about show accuracy.
>>
>>6013347
And this is why I didn't order it from EE.
>>
>>6013579
Honestly I think it depends on what people consider to be show accurate.

Is it realistic looking vehicles and robots that look exactly as they did on the show, only not limited by being poorly animated cartoon characters animated by koreans?
Or is it cartoon robots and cartoon vehicles that literally look exactly as they did on the show brought to life?

The MP line has been the former for a while now but lately it's been shitting towards the latter. I wouldn't even mind either or if there would just be consistency.
>>
>>6013579
>neither making the cartoon version into a three dimensional form

Its not show accuracy, its the best of both worlds, what mp10 accomplished and what newer mp's fail in that regard.
>>
>>6013586
The only cartoon vehicles have been Shockwave and Star Saber. Everything else is a real vehicle that turns into the cartoon's robot mode.
>>
>>6013594
Oh, and Masterpiece Optimus Primal.

But nobody's complaining he needs more toy accuracy or to be a real gorilla, because cartoon accuracy is only evil when it's G1.
>>
>>6013599
There are actually people who have complained about MP Primal's incredible show accuracy. People are allowed to want hair on their Harambe.
>>
File: defensor.jpg (212KB, 991x570px) Image search: [Google]
defensor.jpg
212KB, 991x570px
I've been messing around with Defensor some more and finally worked out a good weapon storage method for Hotspot's guns.
The peg handles actually fit into the bars on the ladder with just enough room to be placed flush against his back between the ladder and Hotspot's forearms. They don't fit in tightly, but they're pinched into place fairly securely by Hotspots forearms, with the actual added benefit of helping to keep those forearms in place.

Doing this also help slightly alleviate Defensor's hourglass figure when viewed from the front, though the front picture I took is pretty bad and doesn't show it will.
>>
File: 20161110_092237_resized.jpg (187KB, 1032x580px) Image search: [Google]
20161110_092237_resized.jpg
187KB, 1032x580px
>>6013603
This also has the added side effect of making pegholes for shoulder cannons due to Hotspot's guns have 5mm peg hole barrels, which is pretty great
>>
>>6013606
Oh hey, that does make him look more evenly bulky. Good solution, anon.
>>
File: test.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>6013601
>People are allowed to want hair on their Harambe

...are you sure?
>>
The mp is pretty mediocre looking. Despotron cleans up so much better in bot mode. I don't mind the gray but silver just looks better.

Also 230 dollars is kinda a hard pill to swallow when 3p companies are shitting out huge figures like grindor and carnifex for less.

I'm also very nervous with Takara qc after ramjet.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (51KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
51KB, 400x580px
>>6013609
A more tame peach fuzz for would look much nicer than that.

Either way, if you want a realistic gorilla you should just hold your breath for a BM Primal.
>>
>>6013613
>Masterpiece Beast Machines toys
>screaming takara engineers.jpg
>>
File: muh neck.jpg (54KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
muh neck.jpg
54KB, 720x960px
>>6013611
I own mp thrust, much bigger improvement over ramjet.

3p's are working to a different standard, no licensing, no design bibles to adhere to other than their own bias, yeah alot of the time we're paying for the brand.

The suckiest aspects of 2.0 are the back and the price, the price is on par with mp10 but is the gunstock and stand REALLY worth that much, I doubt it, the back is another compromise to keep the figure generally looking good in the front and sides while keeping the gun mode clean.

Like it or not the 3p's all fail majorly in a few key areas, the one they all share is the legs (despotron has those little air hole thingies), even the backs on some of them could be better (dx9's mightron was my pic until I saw his back, dear fucking god).

But its your money, I almost won myself a mightron, take as you wish, despotron is the best out of the 3p's if not for the fact he looks too oc/dreamwave stylized, if you have any g1 bias it'll hurt
>>
>>6013615
>hasbro engineers
>"yep lets just shellform them and make them hollow to fit our budget"
>takara engineers
>"WHAT THE FUCK DO WE DO WITH BLACK ARACNIA, UNLESS WE MAKE THEM ALL LEADER SIZED THERE IS NO WA TO KEEP THEM CLEAN"

if mp beast machines happens it'll be after the 27th revision of the seekers
>>
>>6013616

>g1 bias

I feel so bad for these people. They just seemed genetically prone to dissatisfaction.
>>
File: IMG_2985.jpg (1MB, 1902x3023px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2985.jpg
1MB, 1902x3023px
>>6013603
Clever. I'd do that if I wasn't already using his guns as a hammer.
>>
>>6013615
It wouldn't be impossible. Air attack primal is pretty good to behind with and could be vastly improved with MP engineering.

>>6013618
Blackarachnia wouldn't be impossible as an MP either but there would definitely be some kibble in both modes. The crux of her transformation would be turning her legs into a spider abdomen that could then store/hide her upper torso and head.
>>
>>6013624
>to behind with
to begin with, fuck

I'm making tons of typos this morning.
>>
File: oh hai.jpg (38KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
oh hai.jpg
38KB, 960x720px
>>6013621
For me I have a g1 bias, but its loose at best, if it generally leans in the right direction I'm ok with it.

Sadly I'm one of those "HUR DUR SUPPORT THE BRAND" faggots, 3p's do nice stuff, but I would later regret if certain figures weren't made since takara saw "no need", which could happen if no one cares for the mp's anymore but we're clearly not at that point yet.

I say this as a guy who owns 2 shitty ko's that were disappointments after opening their boxes, even their hasbro counterparts had better qc
>>
Are there any 3rd party guns for Defensor?

I'm not a fan of using Hotspots guns, either as duel pistols or pegged together to form two pistols pegged together.
>>
>>6013628
>even their hasbro counterparts had better qc
Hasbro always has the same if not better QC than Takara. You're not this retarded right?
>>
>>6013629
Nope, no one's done that yet. Best options currently are to either leave him weaponless or do the hammer shown in >>6013623
>>
File: 20160213_170017.jpg (138KB, 1553x918px) Image search: [Google]
20160213_170017.jpg
138KB, 1553x918px
>>6013603
>Weapon storage for defensor
>>
File: 20160528_160700.jpg (163KB, 1571x986px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_160700.jpg
163KB, 1571x986px
>>6013629
What about some good ol' hasbro?
>>
File: 20160528_160933.jpg (135KB, 1162x985px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_160933.jpg
135KB, 1162x985px
>>6013639
>>
File: help us.jpg (56KB, 409x476px) Image search: [Google]
help us.jpg
56KB, 409x476px
>>6013630
Lets just say I had too many bad experiences with hasbro qc, I am highly aware they're made in the same factories, if anything I suspect hasbro molds are just used used longer than takara ones.

My hasbro seekers are progressively getting worse, my starscream is shit, I need to pry his chest apart so his cockpit can slide down, and I need excessive force to pull his legs apart for robot mode, yet a second hand acidstorm who I got from an ebay auction loose held up better, I dread a hasbro skywarp but I'm on this cheaper path for a reason.

Same for the datsuns, my first taste was a takars smokescrean and despite a paint chip (second hand cheap from mandarake, 5000yen) he was perfect, got hasbro prowl, tad stiff in places and slightly crooked tampo's, but he was passable.

Then came to bluestreak, had to empty out an entire tru's inventory on 2 separate occasions to find one that could transform without parts catching or a paint job that didn't look like a drunk man freehand's the paint.

But that was nothing when I got a hold of 2 lambor ko's, my g2 sideswipe had shitty paint on his grin and loose upper arms but he was sorta passable provided I didn't use his own guns on him as they were too heavy, and my red alert can't roll as the pins aren't even slotted properly causing him to sag.

The worst part is I have a mp ramjet with a missing section shoulder section (its the crown cape shit for starscream so not essential), and my takara wheelie has the same wheel issue as my ko mp red alert.

In short, I had a shitty time with hasbro figures, and takara too, but my bias is 100% agaisn't ko's unless its meant to update the original, like mpp10, but I haven't gotten one yet so I'm bracing for disappointment, it just seems hasbro uses their molds for longer, not that I'm afraid to buy their shit, I fixed my own skylynx, fuck the UW
>>
File: Hardheadmasters Wave 02.jpg (671KB, 2304x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Hardheadmasters Wave 02.jpg
671KB, 2304x1024px
>>6013640
I hope you at least keep the actual suggestions in mind. Thanks for trying, anon.
>>
Speaking of QC, what the hell exactly happened with the coneheads? Why are they so bad?
>>
>>6013642
>MP
Ah, so that's what went wrong.
>>
>>6013287
I just wanted to say that 2.0 megatron might be one of the MOST PERFECT looking masterpiece figures ever made. I think it looks even better than prime., because MP-10's truck mode, while good, is kinda fat and shitty in the rear.

I really can't understand anyone who has a gripe with 2.0 Megs. His headsculpt is so, so much better than ANY 3rd part option, that it's actually hilarious. I am giddy with excitement for him. I fucking love the latest figures from the MP line. Holy shit on a stick, Inferno's headsculpt is ultra cool, too. The only downside is that these toys are becoming very pricey.

OH MY GOD, I FUCKING LOVE 2.0 MEGATROOOOON!!!!!!! I have zero issue with any panel lines his gun mode has because it's a fucking transformer and those panel lines are what give us that magnificent robot mode. Without panel lines you get something that looks more like MP-05.

GLORIOUS DAY!!!!
>>
>>6013649
Calm down, autismotron. Take deep breaths.
>>
File: de.jpg (510KB, 1127x1502px) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
510KB, 1127x1502px
>>6013603
I use Air Raid as his arm so those guns had always been shoulder spikes.
>>
>>6013649

>I don't understand people who have different opinions

I think despotron just looks a little more whole and cohesive. I prefer the silver and thicker legs and feet to the MP's who looks like he stole shockwave's. The MP doesn't quite clean up as well. I don't mind the stylization.
>>
>>6013653
>>>6013649 (You)
>>I don't understand people who have different opinions

Oh, son. I understand people have different opinions. Did you know some people like to eat fecal matter and fuck corpses? Yeah, those are preferences and opinions too...but guess what–I don't care or value opinions that suck :)

Despotron is nice, but not for me. His style matches nothing else, and his proportions are not to my taste, but he's still objectively a pretty good figure.
>>
>>6013287
Now all they need to do is re-release shockwave in a rich, vibrant purple and I'll be able to die happy. Maybe even a nice painted metallic purple, but I'd settle just for plastic...maybe give it a subtle swirl of sparkle like the blue on Soundwave.

I've never seen Laserwave in person, I love the look of the mold, but lavender just doesn't make me happy.
>>
File: 1458006240724.png (106KB, 459x476px) Image search: [Google]
1458006240724.png
106KB, 459x476px
>>6013510
Silver version with a proper 'con logo and red inner legs
W
H
E
N
?
>>
>>6013674
"Proper" con logo?
>>
File: 20161110_105751_resized.jpg (167KB, 1032x580px) Image search: [Google]
20161110_105751_resized.jpg
167KB, 1032x580px
>>6013669
I stand by my statement that MP Shockwave's purple isn't terrible and that he looks way better in person.

Like some other controversially colored cybertronians such as Blurr or Sentinel Prime, he's lighting's bitch. In a nice neutral lighting he can appear to have a nice purple but if you put him under a cold light then he's practically pink.

I totally understand the point of contention though: at absolute best he still isn't as dark as people want. Hopefully Takara will give him some rereleases or exclusives with alternate colors somewhere down the line, considering they can't really repaint the mold into anyone else. A more toon accurate dark purple or hell even a shackwave for funsies would be great.

I will say though that his stickers suck. Not even that they're stickers to begin with, they're just really low quality stickers. If you ever get him, save yourself the heartache by keeping your sticker sheet pristine and ordering some clear back con reprolabels to use instead. They look way better.
If sticker detail options for MPs is going to continue as a trend then they really need to up the quality on them because they're sub-dollar store quality.
>>
>>6013685
LG Shockwave still looks so bad lmao
>>
>>6013613
>>6013615
>>6013618
Best chance for a MP BM figure is to make a stuffed animal that you can turn inside out, like those old pokemon plushies that flipped inside out to turn into a pokeball.
>>
File: labels-for-mt-despotron.jpg (147KB, 1080x900px) Image search: [Google]
labels-for-mt-despotron.jpg
147KB, 1080x900px
They just came out for some reprolabels for Despotron and Mightron that look pretty great.
>>
>>6013680
Because they were idiots the G1 cartoon artists drew every Decepticon logo with 3 points in the crown instead of 2.
MP36 has a Decepticon logo that looks like that. Apparently this alone is enough to trigger autism and prevent people from getting it, even though a $2 purchase of Reprolabels would solve everything
>>
>>6013712
So people are chimping out because this added a detail instead of simplifying things?
>>
File: shockwave platoon.jpg (51KB, 364x536px) Image search: [Google]
shockwave platoon.jpg
51KB, 364x536px
>>6013546
>>
File: test.jpg (31KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
31KB, 320x240px
Did anyone order a size comparison with inferno and mp10?

http://blacklai1979.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/review-transformer-masterpiece-mp-33.html

I was about to go to bed, but I'll leave this here, if you can read it you may learn a few things
>>
>>6013719
>shitty cartoon logos
>adding detail

I don't want to start another shitfest but they look like shit.
The only people that want this are people that would buy a Soundwave-sized devastator.
>>
>>6013719
The added point is "wrong" compared to literally every other Decepticon logo in history. So.
>>
Does anyone else panel line their figures? I first started collecting gunpla then moved to transformers figures.
>>
File: SURE YOU CAN.jpg (285KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SURE YOU CAN.jpg
285KB, 1200x1600px
>>6013724
Seriously I think he has meme potential
>>
File: test.jpg (220KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
220KB, 1600x1200px
>>6013729
I do believe the mp-10 scaling has fucked up his firetruck mode though, clearly made to scale with red alert but as a result his own truck comes out as stumpy.

Thankfully g1 has such bad animation size scaling you can overlook this as animation accuracy, HA!
>>
File: Starscream012.jpg (44KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Starscream012.jpg
44KB, 800x600px
>>6013728
Yea nah
>>
>>6013733
at least wipe off the excess before it dries like that.
>>
>>6013724
So about as big as MP Ratchet and Ironhide, neat.

>>6013729
Yeah that mold likes like a ton of fun. My only hope is that you'll be able to extend the snorkel out of his back in robot mode like a scorpion tail, like you can do with the Hotspot mold.

>>6013732
I don't mind it that much, there have been small firetrucks before.
Still though, I think being a slave to the stupid "MP10 trailer scale" did more harm than good to Inferno/Grapple.
>>
File: phoenix king.jpg (88KB, 472x803px) Image search: [Google]
phoenix king.jpg
88KB, 472x803px
>>6013724
>>6013729

Phoenix King repaint when?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=81&v=xHvWAud5Nt0
>>
File: test.jpg (309KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
309KB, 1600x1200px
>>6013736
You know the ladder folds into the back right?
>>
>>6013739
Eesh, yeah but I didn't know it looked like that. I guess there's no hole of giving that mold a scorpion tail then.
>>
>>6013741
>no hole

no hope*

alright fuck it I'm proofreading everything I type today
>>
File: test.jpg (303KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
303KB, 1200x1600px
>>6013741
Yeah no hope man I'm afraid.

>>6013745
Meh its 3am where I am, just luck
>>
File: test.jpg (377KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
377KB, 1600x1200px
Last one, I am going to bed, check out the link >>6013724 where I ripped it from for more angles and shit, I can't read it as I'm not chink.

I now await mp megatron images like this
>>
>>6013469
It's about time Blurr gets recycled, Animated reboot fucking when?
>>
>>6013724
Is he out in the land of kaiju and anime or is this a review copy?
>>
>>6013756
I want to fuck adult Sari :^)
>>
>>6013764
Sample from Hasbro Taiwan.
>>
>>6013646

Using a bad mold, mold degredation, factories being moved.
>>
I'm the only one here that wants a MP G2 Autismo?
The gun alt mode is just... silly.
I want a tank, a masterpíece tank.
>>
>>6013698

You know, I always wondered what those curly things are supposed to represent.
>>
>>6013777
IDW dumbfuck "aesthetic"
>>
>>6013777
It's just little etched-on details that you'd put on a gun to make it look fancier.
>>
>>6013778

No, the G1 toy had it too.
>>
File: ShockwaveYouBlewItAllUp.jpg (528KB, 1920x811px) Image search: [Google]
ShockwaveYouBlewItAllUp.jpg
528KB, 1920x811px
>>6013546
>>6013722
>>
>>6013725
>The only people that want this are people that would buy a Soundwave-sized devastator.
No. I love the incorrect cartoon logo. Why? Because while it was incorrect, the animators were at least consistent in using it. So. It's cartoon accurate. I could understand your complaint if Takara tampo'd on a logo that only showed up for 2 seconds of some obscure episode–but that's not the case. Whiner.

I'm sure it'll be easy enough to remove if you wish, or maybe it won't even be a tampo, it'll likely end up being a sticker set with multiple choices. Personally though, I kind hope it's a tampo just so people who are as whiney as you can suffer a little bit.
>>
>>6013778
Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>6013796
Most probably, yes.
I had to threaten my school to shoot it up to graduate from high school.
>>
File: YOU MANIACS.jpg (174KB, 824x1161px) Image search: [Google]
YOU MANIACS.jpg
174KB, 824x1161px
>>6013788
>>
>>6013778
>if I think IDW started it, I don't like it
Please put actual thought into the opinions you shart out.
>>
>>6013793
It's strange that you tout consistency as a plus for the cartoon logos considering that pretty much all the heartache over them has to do with Takara being inconsistent to the clean logos they've been using for nearly 15 years up until this point.
>>
File: ShockwaveItKeepsHappeningBro.jpg (253KB, 824x1161px) Image search: [Google]
ShockwaveItKeepsHappeningBro.jpg
253KB, 824x1161px
>>6013804
>>
Speaking of Blurr
>>
File: Warrior-Blurr.jpg (45KB, 800x405px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior-Blurr.jpg
45KB, 800x405px
>>6013859
>>
File: j1mud78kfew4esnr0pza.jpg (748KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
j1mud78kfew4esnr0pza.jpg
748KB, 2000x1125px
>>6013862
>>
File: Warrior-Twinferno.jpg (85KB, 1084x519px) Image search: [Google]
Warrior-Twinferno.jpg
85KB, 1084x519px
>>6013863
>>
>>6013863
There he is for those that want him, in all his shitty glory.
>>
>>6013863
I fucking hate fake chests.
>>
File: rm3fdtectulltlr672wi.jpg (65KB, 800x403px) Image search: [Google]
rm3fdtectulltlr672wi.jpg
65KB, 800x403px
>>6013866
>>
File: Deluxe - Doublecross - Altmode.jpg (99KB, 1042x833px) Image search: [Google]
Deluxe - Doublecross - Altmode.jpg
99KB, 1042x833px
>>6013866
Someone's a popular boy.
>>
>>6013866
This is so bad that it is almost good.
>>
>>6013863
This is nice. Smoll and nice
>>
>>6013869
I love this one.
>>
Cheers for posting these anon, where'd you find them?
>>
>>6013869
Seems to take cues from WFC soundwave.

>>6013862
Isn't he a rescue bots character?
>>
>>6013875
http://archive.is/6frXE
they started being all over my FB about 4 minutes ago
>>
>>6013881
Oh shit, that Skywarp is sexy.
>>
>>6013869
oh fuck they are bringing him back to the show?

>>6013878
Yeah he bears some semblance to Rescuebot Blurr. Probably the same character. In the RB episode where RID Sideswipe appears, Blurr expressed interest in joining Team Bee.
>>
I'm the guy who bought MP primal from amazon japan on tuesday, and he already showed up. 17 bucks to get here in two days from when I ordered is pretty legit, and DHL didn't mangle the box either. Overall he's great, but I just wish they'd just gone for molded fur over the paintjob. It is really nice, but I can already tell it's gonna handle scuffs and wear very poorly.

One problem though, I can't get the butterfly joint on the left shoulder to tab in properly. The right one does with a bit of force, but the left one isn't popping in and I'm not about to hamhand it.
>>
>>6013886
It's not transformers without a soundwave.
>>
File: Legion Cyclonus.jpg (609KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Legion Cyclonus.jpg
609KB, 2000x1125px
Cute.
>>
File: Activator Combiner Soundwave.jpg (332KB, 1136x445px) Image search: [Google]
Activator Combiner Soundwave.jpg
332KB, 1136x445px
Okay this Soundwave's a shitty gimmick toy but that Laserbeak looks far better than the Titan Returns one.
>>
>>6013866
This is one of the whackiest designs in recent times..
>>
>>6013895
This one and starscream are making justice of the legion windblade mold, but i'm still bugged about the articulation.
On the other hand i don't really care that much because i don't buy RID legion.
>>
>>6013899
Reminds me of Caliburst for some reason, future repaint/tool?
>>
>>6013897
I looks really neat, but the transformation is so lame.
At least is not as lame as the Prime Laserbeak.
>>
File: pigs.jpg (115KB, 800x510px) Image search: [Google]
pigs.jpg
115KB, 800x510px
>>6013869
Oh hey, i recognize that car.
>>
>>6013649
>I think it looks even better than prime., because MP-10's truck mode, while good, is kinda fat and shitty in the rear.
>I have zero issue with any panel lines his gun mode has because it's a fucking transformer and those panel lines are what give us that magnificent robot mode.
Optimus Prime is a transformer too. I agree that the back was kind of shitty, but I think the panel lines on Megatron look shitty as well.

My biggest complaint about MP Megatron is the stumpy midsection, but I'm still interested in seeing reviews before making a final judgment.
>>
File: soundwave rid.jpg (29KB, 600x347px) Image search: [Google]
soundwave rid.jpg
29KB, 600x347px
>>6013869

That must mean he's going to get out of the Shadowzone and have a new alt. mode.
>>
File: Flying monkeys.jpg (205KB, 585x887px) Image search: [Google]
Flying monkeys.jpg
205KB, 585x887px
>>6013889
I was on the fence before, but this is a 100% no regrets purchase.
>>
>>6013918
Maybe it means Megatron is returning too? TFP Soundwave was one of the most loyal portrayals of Soundwave ever. If Megatron's not around I think Soundwave will just fuck off to space looking for him.
>>
>>6013921
>Megatronnnnn... us
I'm too lazy to watch the series.
>>
File: pondering primal.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pondering primal.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>6013892

So Beast Machines, RID 2001, Armada, Energon, Movie 1 and Age of Extinction are not Transformers then?
>>
>>6013919
Meme poses incoming?
>>
File: Frank Welker ponders.jpg (24KB, 200x297px) Image search: [Google]
Frank Welker ponders.jpg
24KB, 200x297px
>>6013921

Well Frank Welker was shown in a pic recording for RID sometime earlier this year.

I'd believe it but they could still get him to voice someone new.
>>
>>6013926
Spin-offs IMO
most of them being really cool Spin-offs.
AoE was a mistake.
>>
>>6013862
>>6013863
>>6013866
>>6013869
>>6013895
>>6013897
I have a feeling that these will most likely see a limited release due to the movie toys. Though than again the demand for movie toys nowadays isn't as big as it used to be
>>
>>6013515

Damn that grey works out way better than I thought it would.
>>
>>6013515
Damn I can hear him saying "It's over Prime!" from that picture alone. I never saw that when looking at the 3p stuff. I guess this is really the Megs for me.
>>
>>6013561

Yup comparing to what BBTS and TFS usually price gouge at I'm guessing they're charging 30 bucks for the fucking orange plug.

No thank you.
>>
>>6013618

> Beast Machines MPs

Never.

Even beast fans hate that shit with a passion.
>>
File: Harambe - the musical.jpg (258KB, 1040x585px) Image search: [Google]
Harambe - the musical.jpg
258KB, 1040x585px
>>6013927
Alright, just one.
>>
>>6013863

Fucking beautiful.
>>
>>6013942
Yeah Im guessing they are filling the 1st half of 2017 with RID Combiner Force toys and the later half with movie toys.

But the distribution of RID toys is kinda fucked up while retailers are hyped for movie stuff, the release of the lines will probably overlap and RID's gonna get screwed.
>>
>>6013950
Beast fans also think Waspinator is funny, so it's confirmed they have shit taste.
>>
>>6013727
But it's kinda cool in a way. It's like it's a symbol to show who the leader is.
>>
File: r_blizzard-strike-drift-071.jpg (66KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
r_blizzard-strike-drift-071.jpg
66KB, 600x597px
>>6013862
One thing i take issue with is that fucking blue-hawaii color scheme. There's just too much of it, in both RID and TR.
>>
>>6013971

Without completely shunning the continuity the Beast Machines toon was shit because it completely threw out the formula and writing and changed every character's personality. It was just a ridiculous amount of characters walking and talking in empty cg corridors for what seemed like forever. The most adept literary critics in the world would have a hard time trying to make sense out of Primal's motivation. It was just this big black ball of meeeeeeeeeh.

And I wanted to love it because I thought some of the early toys were neat but man they dropped the ball hard.
>>
Anyone ever order stuff from nonnef before?

It looks like they restocked their Masterpiece soundwave eye replacement kit and with the Hasbro reissue coming out I want to get it.
>>
>>6013862
Does he have Prime Wheeljack's legs?
>>
Trying to decide if I want to get MP 15 & 16 to replace my KO's.
>>
I'm thinking of getting that new MP Starscream reissue since it's going to be cheaper

How much worse do you think the mold degredation will be>
>>
>>6013992
JUST DOOIT
>>
>>6013992
If your KOs are good quality then I wouldn't bother.
Official ones are horribly overpriced, you wouldn't want to spend even more money on them.
>>
On a scale of 1 to 10 how assblasted do you think the scalpers are?

Normally it's just a reissue in a blue moon but this is quite a lot.

Hope Takara keeps it up with a Lambor and BB reissue.
>>
>>6014005

I hope they're assblasted to the moon.
>>
>tfw want a Sentinel Prime and an Astrotrain but don't want to double dip on the Astrotrain mold
Are there any other good Sentinel Prime figures out there? The Animated figure looks OK but is tiny and the DotM Voyager looks awful. The DotM Leader looks OK, though I don't know if his vehicle mode would look out of place amongst other CHUG scale figures. Maybe I should customize my own?
>>
>>6014003

My Ravage is a floppy mess.
>>
File: AstrotrainAndOrangeTrastrorain.jpg (1005KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
AstrotrainAndOrangeTrastrorain.jpg
1005KB, 1600x1200px
>>6014012

Just transforming them differently makes them look fairly different, honestly.
>>
File: Combiner_Bruticus.jpg (485KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Combiner_Bruticus.jpg
485KB, 1500x2000px
Where can I get a cheap Bruticus in Europe? It's so fucking expensive. A limb literally costs 30€. Can someone help me?
>>
File: shiaiamnotfamousanymore.jpg (14KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
shiaiamnotfamousanymore.jpg
14KB, 150x200px
>>6013995

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>6013644
someone saved my head comparison pics

:D

>>6013862
>>6013863
>>6013866
>>6013869
>>6013897
These are rad as fuck.

>>6013895
lol
>>
>>6014029
At this point it may be cheaper to get the G2 boxset.
>>
File: drakeposting.jpg (103KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
drakeposting.jpg
103KB, 540x720px
>230 dollars for aspergo
>>
File: what_gives.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
what_gives.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>>6013866
>Not Hun-Grr
Close enough, but still.
>>
>>6014036
I don't like the color scheme of the G2, am I hopeless ?
>>
File: NONONONONONONONO.jpg (327KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
NONONONONONONONO.jpg
327KB, 1280x700px
>>6013995
>>
>>6014040
I had to pay 40cad for limbs. Just accept fate and the suffering wont be as bad.
>>
>>6013866
At first I thought this was a re-use of Doublecross parts because of the two dragon heads, but there's not a single Doublecross part on there.
>>
>>6013866
The more I look at this thing, the more idiotic and G1 it feels and I think I love it. This would probably be my favorite toy as a kid if it cam out back then, most likely with a sparking gimmick.
>>
>>6014053
huh I'll have to buy a limb/month I guess...
>>
File: SuperionVSBruticus.jpg (1MB, 1595x977px) Image search: [Google]
SuperionVSBruticus.jpg
1MB, 1595x977px
>>6014053
>I had to pay 40cad for limbs
>>6014029
>A limb literally costs 30€

Holy fuck. And here I am feeling bad because it took me like 3 days to find a new Vortex for MSRP to just-in-case replace mine with a cracked port here in the US because now they're getting a little tougher to find. Sorry to hear that shit, guys.
>>
File: labels-for-spensor.jpg (72KB, 737x300px) Image search: [Google]
labels-for-spensor.jpg
72KB, 737x300px
The absolute madmen.
>>
>>6014084
long over-dew
>>
>>6014086
Keekkeekkekekkekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke,ekeekkekkekkekekkekkekekekkekk
>>
>>6013469
at least its not All Spark Blue
>>
>>6014084

That is almost fucking perfect.

It should've been Doritos ads on his chest and Dew on his back for the soda machine mode though.
>>
File: dio mountain dew and doritos.jpg (76KB, 800x578px) Image search: [Google]
dio mountain dew and doritos.jpg
76KB, 800x578px
>>6014084
>>6014086
>>6014093
>>
File: SentinelPrimeWRRRRYYYYYYY.jpg (635KB, 857x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SentinelPrimeWRRRRYYYYYYY.jpg
635KB, 857x1200px
>>6014095
>I, DIORIOTOS, CANNOT BE STOPPED, JOHNATHAN DEWSTAR!
>>
>>6014084
I wish I didn't just make an oder from those guys yesterday because that's enough to make me impulse buy Rewind.
>>
>>6014075
>a new Vortex for MSRP to just-in-case replace mine with a cracked port
Dude it hurts.... Why you do this to me ?
>>
>>6014103

Well, best I can offer is advice to sand the inside of the port a bit so it hopefully won't crack. The heli mold is seriously shit when it comes to the port, and I wouldn't be surprised if within 5 years most peoples on Defensor/CW Superion/Victorion/Bruticus has broke in some way.

It's just a bad design flaw honestly. Nothing the user can do other than perhaps sand it a bit and hope it's enough.
>>
>>6014103
>>6014106
What port is cracking on them?
>>
>>6014108

The port you plug the handfootguns into. Most handfootguns will stress the heli ports something fierce.
>>
>>6014114
Oh Christ does it ever. The port on my blades has a crack straight down the middle
>>
>>6014120

That, oddly enough, is right where my Vortex cracked. I'm hoping my Blades doesn't do the same, but I've at least got Rook for a 6th member if Blades' port ever shits itself. Bruticus, unfortunately, didn't get some OC 6th member limb, so my only other option would be, uh...Wildrider. Who at least is the same color gray, but totally doesn't fit the military theme.
>>
>>6013863

Do want
Will there be a tak release of Bludgeon?
>>
>>6014126
So long as I'm gentle it doesn't look like it could get worse, it seems to have cracked safely and relieved a lot of stress on the plastic.

Worst comes to worst I could just try and glue it back together or just glue the hand in place somehow.

When I pick up vortex I'm totally gonna try sanding the port down on him.
>>
File: IMG_0204.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0204.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Well my China cheap Titan Force Sentinel Prime showed up. Surprisingly, no QC issues found in the hours I've been playing with him. The clear plastic still worries me. A lot of it is on friction and flex points so I fear he will be a crackling mess in years to come but I can enjoy him now.
>>
>>6014126

Not Wildrider, I meant Offroad. Shit. I'm retarded.

>>6014129

Yeah, I thought mine would be fine too, then it just up and split like yours. It didn't look too bad, but it has me worried enough to bother wasting $20 on a replacement if it ever gets unuseable.
>>
File: IMG_0206.jpg (1MB, 3879x2449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.jpg
1MB, 3879x2449px
>>6014130
Only issue seems the head port isn't tight at gripping the head so it comes on and off with little force compared to my retail version and Astrotrain. A few years ago I would have assumed that was the factory error that got it rejected, now I'm not so sure.
>>
>>6014130
>>6014134
He looks pretty neat like that.
>>
>>6014084
are these for sale?
>>
>>6014157
yeah on toyhax
>>
>>6014084
Oh look it's D.Va's favorite thing.
>>
>>6013862
>>6013863
>>6013866
>>6013869
Getting all of these. Especially bludgeon.
>>
>>6013862
>>6013863
>>6013866
>>6013869

I don't have a single Prime figure but it seems like these have the flair of Animated but with none of the clever minimalism or impressive articulation. Can someone confirm?
>>
>>6013942
One can hope.
>>
>>6014221
They're alright for the most part, though they certainly have an even cheaper/childish aesthetic than TFanimated had.
>>
>>6013869
This is a new head away from being a pretty good CHUG Soundwave
>>
File: starscream has the right idea.jpg (59KB, 466x614px) Image search: [Google]
starscream has the right idea.jpg
59KB, 466x614px
>>
>>6013588
This
>>
>>6014221
Articulation is usually good but not extraordinary. They're simple, but fun. I love the majority of them, but none of them should be the same price as the CHUG deluxes.
>>
>>6013967
I don't how retailers are still hyped about Transformers movie toys when most people moved on to stuff like Marvel and Star Wars
>>
>Behind the high council on Cybertron, sits evil mastermind Cyclonus. Using his mind-controlling power, the rogue Decepticon schemes to brainwash every bot on the planet if that’s what it takes to fulfill his devious plans for Cybertron and the galaxy.
Well, shit.
>>
>>6014311
source?
>>
File: 2015-08-31 20.50.19.jpg (362KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-31 20.50.19.jpg
362KB, 1600x900px
>>6014221
You remember the upscaled legions to deluxes they had at the tail end of prime? RID stuff feels just slightly ritzier than that. I've only got drift, quillfire, and strongarm, but they're perfectly serviceable toys if you're not expecting full on deluxe complexity. Dare I say it, they're a little fun.
>>
File: 2016-07-11 23.49.38.jpg (459KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-11 23.49.38.jpg
459KB, 1920x1080px
>>6014322
Also, I really enjoy the stylized looks some of them have going on.
>>
>>6014320
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/11/10/new-rid-figures-take-back-generation-1-328575
Also, meant to link that to >>6013895
>>
>>6013509
Newfag to Transformers, what line are these 2 from? Thanks.
>>
>>6014327
They are from the Masterpiece line
>>
File: MP 10 and MP Primal.jpg (522KB, 1104x875px) Image search: [Google]
MP 10 and MP Primal.jpg
522KB, 1104x875px
>>6014327
the transformers masterpiece line, they aim for g1 accuracy with the most advanced engineering they can do at the time, they're also the most expensive figures.

Made by takara first (japanese import) and sometimes released by hasbro in toys r us stores, but both are in limited quanities so if there is one you like best jump to it, they're branching into beastwars as well if you like it too
>>
>>6014328
Jesus, they are SO expensive. I was expecting Opt. and Mega. to be $30 - $40 at-most each considering it's Hasbro products.
>>
File: 1425837174934.jpg (75KB, 468x701px) Image search: [Google]
1425837174934.jpg
75KB, 468x701px
>>6014335
>MPs
>Hasbro products
>>
>>6014335
At their size and complexity nope.

Remember these are made with takara, unlike hasbro mainline which are made to specific sizing and cost limits for retail mp's ONLY limit is to the mainline leader, in which its currently mp-10 optimus prime which leader sized but far more involved than a leader.

Took me an hour blind transforming mp10 for the first time, leader cw megatron 10mins
>>
>>6014332
MPs are by definition well engineered and high quality.

Still overpriced for what they are though.
>>
File: brothers of the mold.jpg (150KB, 904x960px) Image search: [Google]
brothers of the mold.jpg
150KB, 904x960px
>>6014342
They are now considering mp bumblebee is deluxed size and mp megatron 2.0 is no exception.

Ultramagnus is a bargain to me seeing how him as a truck equals mp10's legnth but makes a beefier robot
>>
>>6013866
It looks like Samus Aran's ship with two dragon heads attached to it.
>>
>>6013863
>>6013869
I wanted to buy Bruticus but these are awesome... + they are also making a Starscream
>>
>>6014358
its already out as a tru exclusive
>>
>>6014359
Not in yurope
>>
Looking for some good RiD minicons. I saw some pictures of them used with TR and CW, looking to do the same. There's some kind of sword from what I saw
>>
>>6014362
Oh sorry mate, I thought since even australia got them most places would by now, my condolances
>>
>>6014349
MP Bumblebee is a bit of a let down all around.
Overpriced, engineering not as good as it could have been, piss all for accessories and the "bonus" MP Exosuit is shit.
And I still can't believe his TRU canada pricetag is one hundred and twenty fucking dollars.

MP Megatron seems to be banking on all of his many accessories to carry his pricetag, though. But in the end it's really a moot point considering that most people don't even consider accessories like those to the cost of a figure. To most people MP36 may as well be a 220$ standalone figure that comes with a bunch of "free" junk.
[notoyspoiler]still stupid that for all the shit he comes with that they chose not to include a clean logo chest panel[/notoyspoiler]
>>
>>6014369
only the weaponizers from the current wave will work because they use 5mm plugs which cw and rid2015 figures both use, so the pool to choose from is quite narrow
>>
>>6014370
Thanks anon, it's a pain to get this kind of fig here
>>
>>6014372
Could be worse, here in australia they charged g2 bee as much as the seeker mold, let that sink in.

I heard they cancelled importing in the hasbro bee as well

>>6014376
if I recall robot kingdom was getting in the tru figures, I remember their paralon listing which is from the same wave as starscream so that's an option if you're desperate.

I'm trying for the japanese one personally, the hasbro version is here but only a few stores have him and too far to track down even by car
>>
>>6013447

Who are you to decide what is a waste and what isn't? If this is something they like to collect and it makes them happy, then more power to them.
>>
>>6014322
>>6014307
>>6014262

Thanks bros. Think I'm going to go all out I need those beast decepticons in my life.
>>
>>6013469

No. I imagine he was just made of plastic that was allotted for his use only.

I'm not aware of any company in the practice of recycling plastic to use for other figures. I wouldn't think that was possible due to paint and metal pin issues
>>
>>6013364
I still don't get why Hasbro didn't utilize the option to open the boots in city mode. There's spaces and even ramps. All they had to do was a little remolding or even just stickers and paint and those spots could have been usable real estate.
>>
>>6013767
>adult

get a load of this pleb
>>
>>6014446
If they did use recycled Blurrs, it's totally possible that they just had a bunch of unpainted, unassembled parts still on their sprues sitting in a box somewhere to be reused.

That being said though, they pretty much never use recycled plastic for main components of a figure, especially stuff that goes unpainted, because it tends to look like shit and is weaker
>>
>>6013483

You can always remove whatever TM faceplates you want and transfer them to Arcana's body

Its what I did with Flywheels when I got a second Chromedome to serve as his body. I put Flywheel's faceplate, head and arms with Stylor's torso and leg assembly

>>6013485

Chill out, dude.
>>
File: prime.jpg (276KB, 536x800px) Image search: [Google]
prime.jpg
276KB, 536x800px
Dare I suggest that its time we get a prime 2.5? With the MP line going for a more cartoon accurate look he just doesn't seem to fit in as much anymore. Esp with Megs.
>>
>>6014482
I'd much rather the MP line steer back towards the realistic cartoon renditions they've been doing for the past decade and staying consistent with itself.
>>
>>6013504

How are you so sure he's not saying this stuff because he genuinely WANTS to use T30 Brainstorm. And he's allowed to be more partial to one thing over the other

And if he wants to use an exclusive figure for it, so fucking what? That's his business. It doesnt impact your life in any way. If you want T30 to be used in only one way so bad, then buy your own and do that.

"people" like you are the precise reason the fandom is such a shithole
>>
>>6013516

>Well, I'm just pointing out the fact that it's bait,

You dont know that for a fact.

>>to aid my fellow anons and stop the thread from becoming anothe shitpost hell like the last two.

Really not your call to make. And if you left him alone his post would likely have been left to his question and a few answers. You CHOSE to make it a shitstorm
>>
>>6013535
>chink

Don't use racist language
>>
>>6014506
go back to tumblr
>>
Not the anon asking for alternate heads for Brainstorm, but after I got a second one (gift), I realized almost no heads look good on him since they don't work well with his color layout.

If some of the heads came in alternate colors (Apeface, Siren, Sentinel, etc...), they'd work very well with it, but the best one so far is either Chromedome, or Siren.
>>
>>6014482

Honestly the only improvement I could think of making to MP-10 is giving him hip skirts rather than a fused crotch. Thats the only downside of the whole thing.
>>
>>6013613

If I gave two shits about realism I wouldnt be collecting a line about sentient alien robots whove been slapping the bejeezus out of each other for millions of years in ther first place.
>>
>>6014399

Fans are absolutely allowed to dictate what should and should not be collected. If we didn't, they would never make things based on fan demands. It may be cool to have some prototypes and what not, but they are not valuable to most fans. Outside of the obvious "selling it" most people would not keep one. They fall into the category of people who tend to buy it because it is valuable, not because they enjoy it. If you want an all white optimus primal, why not buy one and spray paint him white? The fact is, they never thought to own one till a one of a kind one stumbled into their life.

People should absolutely be critical of those that buy these things. They are not buying out of desire, but very misplaced emotions.
>>
>>6013868

You must hate the fake treads, fake cannons, fake sword...
>>
>Ironhide/ratchet was mediocre
>Shockwave had some shitty leg breakages and stressed tabs
>Coneheads were fucking awful
>Primal was good
>V2 megs in the works
>It looks super complex transformation wise from all the panels on his back

What's the possibility that this thing is a turd? I'm waaaaaay too scared to preorder.
>>
>>6014549
Whats the stress tabs on Shockwave? I've had him day 1 and he's been perfectly fine.
>>
>>6014552

The complaints were sparse but I did have super badly stressed tabs just above his heels fresh out the box. Skullface also had the same issue with his.

Some people were bitching on TFW that the very first time they split the legs open those tabs came clean off.

I sent it back and got store credit. Didn't even want to bother with it.
>>
>>6014084
Code Red set for Rumble when?
>>
File: unpainted.png (1MB, 988x1094px) Image search: [Google]
unpainted.png
1MB, 988x1094px
>>6014538
I have all beast wars retail releases. It's the only transformers series I enjoyed. I collect prototypes because I like them and it gives me something to "hunt" for.
>>
>>6014517
Better wrists would be on my list.
>>
>that feel when you'll never buy a UW Computron for cheap
>>
>>6014601
>prototype

You sure that's not those lunch time special the Chinese factories are known for?
>>
>>6014538
Damn aspergo, just buy your walmart toys and stop crying.
>>
>>6014221
>Animated
>Impressive

The only thing impressive about that line was how floppy and fall apart every toy was
>>
File: 8e7.png (74KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8e7.png
74KB, 1024x1024px
>>6014637
>>
>>6014637

I think all my releases were later ones or something because I've never had floppy issues or had to apply any of the fixes. My Bumblebee has doors that actually stay on and stingers that sit flush with his arms, which apparently is some kind of unicorn.
>>
>>6014601

I love my complete Beast Wars collection but never could finish off all the Takara Metals releases. Literally never seen a D-47 auction.
>>
>>6013869
>>6013863
Yes, these beefy cons appeal to me.
>>
>>6014342
The overprice is where it's a smaller manufacturer amount, less a product is made/sells more costly it becomes
>>
>>6014487
This. Veering so far toward cartoon accuracy that they're replicating the flaws is stupid.
>>
File: IMG_0407.jpg (534KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0407.jpg
534KB, 1280x960px
>>6014693
It's rather the aim of the market or rather the again market. When MPs started in 2003 the average kid that grew up with 80s G1 was around 25 to 30 and that is the sweet spot age for collector market spending where they have both the cash and nostalgia to plot the cash. Takara learn early on that less show accurate lead to poorer sales (MP-03) while more show accurate (MP-08) lead to higher sales even with mark up. This has lead to the trend we are still seeing now 13 years after the line launch, but we are suffering the issues now that most people who buy collector items didn't grow up with G1 so nostalgia is much lower. With this it's leading buyers to collecting interesting pieces inspired by the original robots rather than a 1 for 1 of childhood because most buyers now that would be Beast series or Armada and up.
>>
>>6014702

Yet people still keep asking for G1 stuff. One thing most people forget: People will show stuff they had as a kid, to kids they have. So all the G1 folks that managed to produce some crotch spawn might be raising them on a diet of G1 supplemented by whatever is current (Prime, RiD, BW, Bayformers, whatever) at the time the kids are being raised.

Atop that, they've also got IDW stuff and Dreamwave, and the old Marvel comics, all of which are G1 or G1 reimagined.
>>
>>6014727

Oh, and the only consistent toy line for TF is CHUG. Everything else is flash-in-the-pan lines for whatevers current: Bayformers, RiD, etc.

But CHUG is still chugging along with G1 reimagined, which also could lead people back to, you guessed it, G1.
>>
File: 20160906_210543.jpg (72KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20160906_210543.jpg
72KB, 576x1024px
>>6014369
Only sword minicons from RID are
-Windstrike, this one comes packed with Sideswipe in pic. There's another single-packed red one available in some areas.
>>
>>6014693
Nah, veering away from needless toy details and garbage like that is better. If toy accuracy ever mattered to MP figures, Wheeljack would be a stumpy gorilla armed freak with no face and Ironhide wouldn't have a head.

People don't want toys based on the toys. Those already exist. Go buy them.

Show accurate toys don't exist until Takara makes them.
>>
File: 20160429_202732.jpg (87KB, 900x576px) Image search: [Google]
20160429_202732.jpg
87KB, 900x576px
>>6014740
-Lancelon, this comes in a 4 pack with other weaponizer minicons. There's another single-packed one in the same wave as windstrike.
>>
>>6014727
Did you ignore what anon said at the end? It's basically what you said.
>>
File: 20161111_133245.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161111_133245.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Here's a Singapore retail shelf and wtf.
>>
File: image.jpg (395KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
395KB, 1600x1200px
How can I make a little combover/toupee for my Sentinel Prime?
>>
>>6014763
>all those Grooves

And where in the west, we have to suck dicks to get him and the other "special" released ones.
>>
>>6014767
If this is a serious question got to a local craft store and look into either sculpting putty or doll hair and glue.
>>
>>6014763
fuck i never seen 1 groove in malaysia
but we have tons of walmart brainstorms
>>
>>6014774
? Last I saw he was going for 19.99 on Amazon
>>
>>6014767
>people save my pics sometimes

That shit always surprises me. Shocked anyone likes my shitty pics.
>>
>>6014779
Hey we are a small community friend share and share alike.
>>
File: 20161110_231555.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161110_231555.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Where is that Woody revo when I need it?
>>
>>6014508
You go back to tumblr.
Fucking racist curry nigger
>>
>>6014777
Yeah it's new to SG as well and only that one store. Previously toy shops had to parallel import them. You saying there's brainstorm in MY?
>>
>>6013978
I remember what a shit-show it was with the damage control on that show. In the beginning, you had Bob Skir trying to sell the idea of them having to "learn" to transform by being all zen, then using nothing but melee weapons, no energy weapons, trying to get all the fans hyped about this "exciting new direction"... Only to say later, after it crashed and burned with fans, that all that stuff was forced on him, none of it was HIS idea...

Let's not forget the gaping plot hole where they just mention that Cybertron was once organic... Then never explain how or why, do anything with it to further the plot and mythos, or even remark on it afterwards.
>>
>>6014778
It's much more that here in Canada and remember Quicksling and Breakneck? If you missed out all the sellers that was selling it for like $30+ like me, the only option nowadays is to get the UW set because both the CW easily go up to $90+ per piece on a deluxe.

CW Groove was indeed over produced to the point they can still sell it for $19.99 almost 6 months after it came out. I just wished they did it with the first two.
>>
>>6014789
>brain of courage on the side in pieces

WTF, HOW, AND WHY!?
>>
File: 20160924_173703.jpg (64KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
20160924_173703.jpg
64KB, 1024x576px
>>6014767
Use one if those titanmaster guns? Idk.
>>
>>6014795
yea, the walmart exclusive one but it's only at that 1 mall
>>
>>6014811
Repaint and fixing face details
>>
>>6014093

E-mail them and ask. If they can do THIS, Im sure other snack vendors could be possible
>>
>>6014127

Did they do any of the previous Bludgeons we had out here?
>>
>>6014130

If I decide to get that version, Im just not gonna transform him ever
>>
>>6014130

Where did you get him from?
>>
>>6014538

It's not your place to make such judgements
>>
>>6014740
I cut off the wings on that Minicon's shoulders so there wasnt anything blocking the hit
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6014817
"Oh is this a hat party?"
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6014909
>>
File: MindwipeFacegun2.jpg (865KB, 1386x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MindwipeFacegun2.jpg
865KB, 1386x1200px
>>6014909
>>6014914
>>
>>6014857
http://www.ebay.com/itm/331991827196?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
New listing but same seller
got mine for 19.99 looks like he budget it up a little. Took about a week and a half to get here to the US.
>>
File: 20161028_223139.jpg (126KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161028_223139.jpg
126KB, 1440x1080px
>>6014919
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>6014925
>hey it's assface
>*farting noises increasing*
>>
File: 20160320_173942.jpg (77KB, 806x971px) Image search: [Google]
20160320_173942.jpg
77KB, 806x971px
>>6014931
CRAB ON!!
CRAB ON!!
>>
>>6013870
Did you just assume its gender?
>>
God Damn it, opened my Lynxmaster tonight and one of Wheeljack's wheels got inserted wrong and one of the clips broke because it bent almost into a U-shape. Time to email the place I brought it from, wait a week for them to get told they can't do anything because Takara said they don't have replacement parts due to it's limited nature, just like my jacked up in the factory Diabattles.
>>
>>6013918
>>6013869
I love that they kept his Prime head. I wonder how they'll incorporate his minicons though. As far as show lore goes, I don't think Laserbeak and Ravage will show up as weaponizers.
>>
>>6014130
I think that's actually the Titan Force one and not a knock-off. He's probably scalping Brainstorm and Windblade and letting this one go for a non-scalper price.
>>
>>6014362
I'm not a fan of the Starscream mold. It looks great, but in-hand it feels like the plastic is way too weak for what the transformation process needs it to do. It also has looser hips than Skullcruncher.
>>
>>6014983
See >>6013897
>>
new thread

>>6015002
>>
>>6014961
Should've gone with Takasa Tomy.
>>
https://youtu.be/V1pMEMYO7p0
I'm gonna get This and TriggerHappy no matter what
Also, there's a toy store near me who has Sentinel and Galvatron at half the price.
Who should i get?
Either that or buying hardhead at basically the same price.
>>
>>6013513
Yeah, who can spare to save $11 a week for 20-24 weeks?

For adult collectors, a lot of us bitch about budgeting our hobby money.
>>
File: cobra3.jpg (458KB, 1470x1485px) Image search: [Google]
cobra3.jpg
458KB, 1470x1485px
>muh advice

shut the fuck up, Jin. All you do is wipe your feces on an action figure and call it a custom. Stop crying like a bitch because Joe Customs is full of fags and you have no job.
Thread posts: 344
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.