[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NERF General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 75

File: pandering for replies mode.jpg (2MB, 5000x5262px) Image search: [Google]
pandering for replies mode.jpg
2MB, 5000x5262px
Talk about your Non Expanding Recreational Foam dart guns, we keep losing where these damn threads go edition
Boomco, Buzzbee, Airmaster and the like welcome as always.
>>
So I bought the legendary Sentinel everyone on the internet keeps shilling and it broke in an hour
>>
Planning a get together with some friends and we're gonna have a Nerf war. I have more than enough guns to arm all five of them with three automatics, five semi-autos, five Mavericks, and five springers. My only problem is ammo. I'm looking into offbrand darts but I heard they have quality issues. What's /toy/'s recommendation?
>>
>>6013833
Koosh Gen 3. Also, you have 80+ blasters?
>>
>>6013833
I just buy whatever on ebay for $4/100. Cheap enough that I don't care if I lose them because I'm autistic about things like that.
>>
>>6013833
Make steffans.
>>
>>6013833

There's some darts on Amazon that are like $7 for 200. I think the seller is "great deal store." I've had no issues.

also throw those mavericks away
>>
>>6013285
I just bought an XD Strongarm, and I have to say as someone who hasn't bought a new blaster since the Sonic series that these elite darts are fucking awesome.
>>
>>6014277
Standard Elites are actually pretty trash, it's only that streamlines aren't hard to top. Suction Elites are pretty good. Almost every other 3rd party head are better than Standard elites. Hopefully the Accustrike darts hitting next year make official darts great again.
>>
>>6014364
Well if these are terrible, I REALLY want to see what's "good".
>>
>>6014489

Look into "koosh" darts. Community nicknamed due to their tips' similar appearance to that of a koosh ball. They're the gold standard for Nerf darts that aren't Nerf brand. Elites may seem nice now, but wait til they start veering off target like mad because of a slight deformity or weight imbalance.

There are lots of darts to look into out there. Hit up Amazon and pay attention to customer reviews. I will warn you though to stay away from darts that people say have "solid tips." These are heavy and likely won't shoot too far in a gun without modification. They'll look kinda like elites, just with no air holes in the tips.
>>
>>6014489
The alternative darts will have about the same range. It's the accuracy yo look at. Nerf dart accuracy love a forward weight balance. This is plus the weight is why streamlines were such trash. The stem was too long putting the center of gravity further back from the head. They've fixed this with elites and 3rd party darts. Symmetrical heads are also very important, but the air release hole included in standard elites for safety ruin this leading to the bad accuracy. Elite suctions have a symmetrical head, forward weight balance, and fit nicely into your clips, but they're expensive.
Look for Koosh darts, the nerf internet community called it so so much that the ebay seller "Beautiful lady" now sells gen 3 under that name (they've done so since before the 2nd generation but that's a moot point). They come cheap and the soft rubber hair like projections give symmetry and safety.
Also look at FVJ/FVN darts. They look like Normal elites, but they have a solid head with no need for a hole. They will sting you, your dog, and your kids so consider that. Usually cheaper than koosh.
I personally bought knockoff elite suctions from Amazon and have been pretty happy with them.
>>
>>6013643
>He fell for the sentinel meme
>>
File: Snapchat-8094471530664658973-1.jpg (688KB, 2210x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8094471530664658973-1.jpg
688KB, 2210x1440px
Post modulus
>>
File: fucking.jpg (752KB, 2392x1440px) Image search: [Google]
fucking.jpg
752KB, 2392x1440px
>>6015884
>>
>>6014122
Not 80 but I do have a very large collection. 25+ is more like it
>>6014177
How is their quality? Do they fall apart easily? That's my main concern
>>
>>6016131
All foam darts wear out within 7 to 10 uses, especially with outdoors wars. You can pay $20 for 75 darts that should last that cycle or you can pay $4 for 100 darts. The quality ranges all over the place, but 5 or 6 bad darts out of 100 is still a good deal.
>>
>>6015884

Does orange mod works have a tri strike kit? Or wold Retaliator/Elite Alpha trooper stuff work with it?
>>
>>6015830

Yes, very unfortunately

Yeah it gets 80 fps stock but the thing is the least ergonomic thing I've ever operated and needs foam/tape/padding on the lever or it literally hurts to prime
>>
>>6016142
I dont think so but then again I havent popped that open yet.
>>
File: Tristrike 002.jpg (788KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Tristrike 002.jpg
788KB, 2304x1728px
>>6015884
>>6015887
>>
File: nerf_rebelle_platinum_bow_0.jpg (46KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
nerf_rebelle_platinum_bow_0.jpg
46KB, 1000x750px
Ok, Hasbro needs to speak up about this thing that I've been waiting for all year. I haven't heard anything on a release date, a 2017 push back, or even a cancellation. What the hell, Nerf?!
>>
>>6016437
Send them an angry letter, and an even angrier email.
>>
>>6014612
>Also look at FVJ/FVN darts. They look like Normal elites, but they have a solid head with no need for a hole.

I've bought about 500 of these things, and since when we play Nerf our pain tolerance is super high, I get a lot of use out of them. Love them
>>
>>6016131
>>6016141
Yeah, my take on it is for $4 for 100, you can afford the bad dart every now and then, but none of them seem bad to me. Besides, it's only 2 parts: foam body and head. You can easily just hot glue them back into place if that's your concern. Honestly tho, I damage most of my darts due to jams.
>>
>>6018741
Say you're an SJW and by not releasing it, they are literally raping your feelings. Then call Hasbro out for having CIS CEO and set up a #hashtag.

And then when it comes out, condemn them for yet another girlie bow and not something that looks like an angry vagina.
>>
>>6018781
>springerbabby problems
>>
>>6018788

Huh, that train of thought took a dumb, really-specific turn. Is there some thing that happened with Rebelle that I missed?
>>
>>6018930
>VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
>>6018930
>>6019294
>grrCHK pop or BRRRRRRR
>not psht pshT psHT PSHHHT master race
Bow down to the true king
>>
What's the most fun I can have with $100 in NERF guns, mods included?
>>
>>6020071
Buy 9 Hammershots and run around quoting Revolver Ocelot.
>>
>>6020731
>>6020731
>>6020731
>>6020731
>>6020731
>>
>>6020731
>>6023095
Alternatively, buy 8 and use the last 12 bucks for a hot glue gun or a small pipe and a pipe cutter to make spacers. They increase compression on the spring for a cheap upgrade. Half an inch is a pretty good boost, but it's pretty hard to prime. 3/8 is a good compromise.
>>
>>6020731
>>6023095
>>6024145
Is there a screencap of that post? I enjoyed the conversation it spawned.
>>
>nerf general on 4chan
>30 posts in a week
>slow as shit
>just feels sad and empty

>nerf Reddit
>like 70 people online at any given time
>always new threads, modding help, custom paint jobs, general discussions everywhere you look

lmao
>>
>>6026624
>Reddit

>>>/out/
>>
>>6026624
That's because NERF is probably the closest to Normie tier pop on this board which explains why it's popular on Reddit but dead as fuck on /toy/
>>
>>6026624
What else is there to say? People ask for help, they get it, done. It's not like Nerf releases a new update patch every Thursday that needs discussing.

Truthfully, tho, there are better forums out there for in-depth Nerf discussions. I just don't feel like creating accounts everywhere.
>>
File: 1470035622.jpg (6KB, 409x214px) Image search: [Google]
1470035622.jpg
6KB, 409x214px
Hi. I'm hopefully going to cosplay as a VK shocktrooper next year.

I'd like to make a machine gun that still functions though. What Nerf gun is going to most closely resemble this part of the machine guns? if it's close but needs a bit of work to look closer I don't mind, just looking for the basic shape.
>>
>>6027587
Oh yeah, preferably battery powered. Would the Stryfe work do you think?
>>
>>6027587
>>6027589
Yeah, Strife with a modified Lightning Storm or 3rd party Worker stock would be pretty close to that already.
>>
>>6027589
I'd say a Stryfe, red-dot sight, Worker fixed stock. Maybe a Stryfe front rail adapter to put the red-dot sight at the front, but the rail might not be long enough.
>>
>>6027589
>>6027587

Awesome, thanks. I mispeled as well, I meant a Valkyria Chronicles machine gun but still gets my point across.

The front of the gun though doesn't match anything so I'll need to do that from scratch. Many thanks though.
>>
File: Hammershot Bobcat.jpg (1021KB, 2838x2355px) Image search: [Google]
Hammershot Bobcat.jpg
1021KB, 2838x2355px
>>6026331
Took me a while, but I got it just for you.

(go buy hammershots)
>>
So I've been loking into a Stryfe but they're pretty expensive. But chinese knockoffs apparently exist of it.

Should i bite the foam bullet and get a proper nerf one and hope my painting, sanding and cutting goes well or get a cheap version where ruining it won't matter too much pricewise.
>>
>>6027662
I wonder if he did the Ocelot cry.
>>
File: Belgian Waffle Stronk.png (760KB, 504x3027px) Image search: [Google]
Belgian Waffle Stronk.png
760KB, 504x3027px
>>6027587
>Not going as a Scout
Me and my dozen or so cp cost orders say hello and goodbye as I run past you and cap the base.
You going as a story character or an extra?
>>
>>6028105
Today only, Target has many Nerf (and other toys) 30% off with code "PLAY". The Modulus accessory packs themselves are already about $10 before promo.
>>
>>6028345
Kek

I'd like to go as Jane. She's masculine enough I think I could pull it off but I guess it doesn't really matter. With so many characters I could just oc donut steel and no one would notice the difference
>>
>Elite Alpha Troopers are sought after relics
>buy 4 of them when they first released because Target mistakenly marked them as $5 clearance items after confusing them with the OG alpha troopers

anyone else remember that? I think it was posted in the nerf general at the time
>>
File: 20161120_120637.jpg (2MB, 1836x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161120_120637.jpg
2MB, 1836x1836px
>Met up with other Nerfers in my neighborhood
>One of them has this stock attached to a Recon
>Trade him a Longarm (Doomlands) for it

Who got the better trade?
>>
>>6029804
Owning that stock myself...you certainly got the better end of that deal. The Longarm has no practical use at all and there's tons of blasters that not only work better, but look better while fulfilling the same function.

I mean, why would you even buy a Longarm in the first place?
>>
File: 20161113_115657.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_115657.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Was down in the US for an hvz game last weekend and finally picked up that tri-strike I wanted! It was fucking $80 Canadian so I'm very pleased
>>
>>6030112
I'm not quite a fan of the main blaster, as the handle and bolts are a bit small for my hands, but I put the rocket launcher on my demolisher and the mega shotgun masterkey on my rayven
>>
>>6029804
This looks like those cars you see driving around where the hood, fenders and doors are different colors to the rest of the body.
>>
>>6030297

That's the nature of Nerf attachments and the downfall of Elite blue, I guess
>>
>>6029804
You can get that stock for about $10-20. If you paid full price for the Longarm, he got the better deal. If you just wanted to get rid of the Longarm, fair trade.

>>6030297
>>6030319
To be fair, that Super Soaker stock came with a white Super Soaker.
>>
>>6029206
dude, where do you live? i can buy those things just about anywhere for £20 or less
>>
File: 1479260488704.jpg (33KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1479260488704.jpg
33KB, 500x500px
>>6020071
>>6020731
Oh goddamnit there's a 30% price drop on Hammershots right now, they're about $9.

>tfw no money to dick around with until next friday
>>
So /toy/, If I wanted to get back into Nerf, what is the hot shit to get? Left the hobby around when the Elite series was first released.

Thinking of grabbing a Zombie Longshot and mod kit for it as my old one is fucked, but that blaster is ancient. Surely there is something new that can top it.
>>
>>6032149
Mod a Retaliator if you want a springer. Otherwise, Stryfe, Stryfe reshells, Rapidstrikes and Hyperfires. I almost picked up another brand new Rapidstrike for $25, but I held off on that impulse.
>>
>>6032149
Nothing really matches a longshot with a fat spring and sealed breech as far as how well documented it is. 220 fps with full length darts is possible due to it's giant air chamber. I think the Stampede reaches that, but only with xplorer half length darts in their own custom sealed breech. I've seen this one guy put three pairs of flywheels in a Rayven and he's measured something like 250, but getting that many flywheels to work in serial is apparently a bother.
Brassed Elite springers with a 7 kg spring can get 150, same with a flywheel blaster with a rewire and new motors and wheels but the latter has the option of insane rof (13 if you're pushing a rapidstrike real hard otherwise however fast you pull the trigger) with reduced subsequent shot strength.
>>
>>6032314

Good advice, but anon is just getting back into the hobby. Not sure if brass breeches and full rewires are gonna be up his alley.

A website called Orange Mod Works sells modification kits if you want to hook yourself up with something for a Longshot. Mod kits are pretty easy to come by, but OMW is usually what people use/recommend. I will say though, if you want a nice, practical, comfortable springer with some considerable power, this is what you do.

>Buy Retaliator
>Buy a 5KG spring (you can get these easily and it'll be under $10)
>Buy a pump grip kit of some sort. These can range from $30 to $60, but are absolutely and completely worth it

I have no experience with flywheels because my group is a bit casual and I don't need more than a good springer, but that is your ticket for a good, reliable springer. You'll spend around $100 after the blaster and everything, but it'll be worth it. In the vein of sidearms or secondary weapons, Rough Cuts are shotguns and are really fun, and Sidestrikes are little front loading pistols that come with their own holsters for 15 bucks. Hammershots are revolvers with hammer action so you can prime them one handed. And there's this badass new thing called a Magnum Superdrum made by a company called Dart Zone. It's more powerful than stock Nerf brand blasters, and comes with a 40 dart drum that can be front loaded, so no clips/mags required. It's super fun and it's $20. Target exclusive though.

That's about all my entry level recommendations. Good luck anon.
>>
>>6032399

OK. I'll look into the Retaliator, is the Recon MkII as good? The internals look the same, but I'm reading about some issues on the magazines (my preferred straight-18's no less), but that's been apparently fixed?

As for flywheels, I'm really torn. I remember thinking the barricade was a gimmick, as who'd want a blaster that sounded like a choir of autists humming. But then I volt modded a Rayven and since have been unable to decide if to stick to springs, or just give in to flywheels. Still seems kind of weird looking at the number of flywheel blasters out there now.

>>6032314

I was thinking a little bit simpler with the longshot modding. Was going to just get the Stage 1 OMW kit and do a basic AR/Deadspace/Safety removal. Then again I haven't properly looked at my longshot since it failed, might be salvageable for an attempt at a brass breach and if it fucks up (likely with my track record) I can always go back to plan A. Never attempted it in the first place due to LS's being a bit scarce back then, not an issue given that it is broke anyway.
>>
>>6029804
what's the yellow part under the barrel?
>>
>>6032912

I've actually heard that Retaliator modification kits will fit Recon MKIIs, but you'd have to use a Retaliator barrel if you're dead set on a pump kit (which I heavily, heavily recommend). So you could have a color-scheme confused blaster, but that may not bother you. And there's always painting.

As for the issue with 18 round mags, yeah, the first batch of Recon MkIIs were incompatible with 18s, but the later batches fixed that. As for how you're supposed to guarantee yourself you get a fixed one, I dunno. Don't own one to know. I did read somewhere that Hasbro would send you a replacement if you got a first batcher, but that may not be true.

I literally have no experience with flywheels though. Yeah they're awesome, but like I said, my group is pretty casual, so a springer with a kick is all I've really needed. But if the people you'll run with are more hardcore with Nerf, a good flywheel is never a bad idea. The Stryfe seems like it's easiest to work with, as many, many people use them, but the Modulus, Demolisher, and Desolator are all pretty much Stryfes in different shells. The Stryfe is just preferred due to its compact size. Rayvens are popular too, but it's my understanding that they're expensive.

The switch is up to you, my man. Whatever you think suits your playstyle and your environment more. I've also never liked the concept of relying on batteries, even though my brother has a LiPo'd Stryfe that seems to last for days. It's just a matter of preference, really.
>>
>>6032946
It's the "Light Beam Unit" that came with the original Recon sets. It's basically a crappy red flashlight.

>>6033008
>So you could have a color-scheme confused blaster, but that may not bother you. And there's always painting.
I believe the White retaliator barrel looks decent on the Recon MK, But if you go looking for the white retaliator barrel, you could just buy the white entire retailiator set for cheaper then the Recon mkII in stores.
>>
File: IMG_1504[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1504[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: hyperfury.jpg (71KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hyperfury.jpg
71KB, 960x720px
Not enough mods. Post mods.
>>
>>6033994
which scope?
>>
>>6034634
Vortex Nitron my personal favourite scope
>>
>>6033994
Tri-strike isn't very comfy I find. Handle and priming bolt both way too small for me
>>
>tfw just thrifted 3 hammershots in addition to the one I already have and the Lawbringer
>>
File: nerf-blaster-drone.jpg (343KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
nerf-blaster-drone.jpg
343KB, 1000x562px
my nephew really wants this Nerf Terrascout for Christmas and apparently it's a Toys R Us exclusive. is there any chance this will go on sale or should I just drop the 2 hunna on it?
>>
>>6034754
I guess i have tiny hands then haha
>>
File: moist.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
moist.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>6035421
>>
>>6035660
>Toys R Us Exclusives
>especially big-ass electronic toys
>going on sale during holiday season
Other than maybe $10-$20 off, you're not gonna get a better deal. Do you at least know what his parents are getting for him?
>>
>>6035893
I dunno, but I already told my brother I'd get the Terrascout for him. He's nine years-old and has had a shit year. His mom died from cancer and their house just got broken into not too long ago. Shitheads even stole the money from his piggybank, so fuck it, I can spend a little extra.
>>
>>6036049
Just make sure you include the batteries for them, and maybe an extra mag or two. Splurge a little and give them a good Christmas this year.
>>
>>6035660
>>6035893
Just buy it, and if it goes cheaper, have them price match it, or buy it again and return the first one.
>>
>>6036049
You're a good anon. Meanwhile, I'm keeping all my Slingfires and Hammershots and Vulcans and their Mastodon hidden so that when the keiki are giggling over their Stryfes and Retaliators (neverminding the fact that they outperform most of mine) I'll storm out and show them their place in the world.
>>
I just walked out of my local Toys R Us with the last $20 Hailfire, found it hidden behind the Thunderbows. Super excite to improve literally every aspect of this thing.

Would a Hailfire make a good stationary turret for a nerf war or nah, too small/difficult to mount? Does anybody else around here play Nerf wars with stationary turrets?
>>
I'm that anon that was asking what new stuff was any good. I know that you were all recommending Retaliators, but Amazon UK had pic at 53% off, and I picked it up. I loved the Rayven for being a bullpup, and apparently you can lop off the bow arms to make it less spergy.

Have I fucked up?
>>
>>6037650
If you got it for $10, okay. If you paid more, I think you wasted your money. Seems there are ergonomic and functional issues with it that make is subpar to similarly priced blasters.
>>
Picked up a vagabond... and it seems VERY under-powered. any suggestions on mods?
>>
>>6037650
I have one in my arsenal, and I like it a lot. Ergonomically there are problems but I found that it gets decent stock performance compared to a lot of others that I own.
>>
>>6038025
Vagabond uses strongarm internals, I'm pretty sure, so any Strongarm upgraded spring will fit the Vagabond.
>>
>>6029903
People overhype the shit out of the Longarm for some reason. It's just a glorified Strongarm that carries less ammo and is harder to use. I don't see why it's so popular
>>
>>6034634
The proper name is Centerfire Tech Scope
>>
>>6038026

Are the ergo's that bad? If I can run around for hours using a Deploy, will I mind this?

I grabbed the Recon MkII as well. It should be here tomorrow, I'll slap some accessories on it and snap some photo's.
>>
File: 1480203038831-1468491616.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1480203038831-1468491616.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
>nerf/lego coop when
>>
>>6039475
From what I've read, Lego actually shys away from military kits. So a partnership would actually be pretty surprising.
>>
What uncommonly repainted nerf guns look cool, but suck ass for use?

I saw a nerf disc thrower that had a tube cartridge i liked the look of, but have no clue on how worthwhile it would be to repaint
>>
>>6039711
Not quite sure what you mean.
If you mean the Vortex line, those are pretty good blasters. The only issue you have is dealing with uncommon ammo.
>>
>found a cs6 at goodwill for 5 bucks
>be dumb and try to modify it
>while it's apart spring flies off and I can't find it
>tfw it's been sitting in pieces in my closet for years now

I should not be allowed to live
>>
>>6037650

Pro tip. Take the covers off the end of the bow limbs and simply tie them tighter. Makes it shoot harder. Easy mod, surely there's youtube videos for it too
>>
>>6040849
>Longshot CS-6
>Recon CS-6
>Deploy CS-6
>Longstrike CS-6
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>6041321
longshot cs6 my dude
>>
File: Terra-Nova-soldier-with-gun.jpg (23KB, 450x370px) Image search: [Google]
Terra-Nova-soldier-with-gun.jpg
23KB, 450x370px
>>6040849
Just flip it to a Hollywood props company for $10 and double your investment.
>>
>>6040849
Any mod worth a damn is going to require replacing the springs anyway.
>>
>>6037650
I'd like the design of this without the bow parts
>>
>>6041681

Plan on removing them if they get in the way. A few vids on youtube show it being done. Might also look into replacement cord. I wonder what slingshot tubing would do for it? Possibly just break the catch, but there is only one way to find out.
>>
>>6038847
It's pretty awkward. It doesn't really go away. I still like it, it's just super uncomfortable, but my hands are enormous.
>>
>>6040849
>>6041349
The main spring in the air chamber is easily replaceable, you just need to reinforce the bolt carrier if you out in a fat spring load. The other three springs necessary for operation of the blaster is the catch plate at the back, the trigger (arguable), and the dart tooth in front of thr magwell. These all should be replaceable with springs from a pen. In fact, that's one if the recommendations for the catch plate when you out in larger main springs anyway.
If you ever find your Longshot, a mod guide should help you out there.
>>
>>6037650
Do the bowstrings NEED to be on it to fire? I'm thinking about buying a Crossbolt just to chop the front off and turn it into a rifle
>>
>>6044221
It's elastic band powered, so yeah.
>>
Thoughts on the Doublestrike?
>>
>>6045244
Maximum fun. It's fun as hell to fire a shot, keep the trigger held, and hit the hammer again. Two shots in a fraction of a second. Hammershot can't pull it off as fast
>>
>>6045244
>>6046132
Priming it is kinda awkward, cause you can pull the hammer past the catch point. This opens up the plunger a little more and when you release it, a tiny puff of air unseats the dart. WalcomS7 mentioned it in his review, and I confirmed it with a thrifted one, but maybe they updated it. You could also probably glue a piece of plastic to prevent you from pulling the hammer too far back.
>>
>>6037650
You can remove the bow arms, you just have to shorten the elastic so you get the same tension.
>>
>>6034242
Any updates, senpai?
>>
>>6048715

Sanding the shit out of the blue plates to get rid of the camo and the lettering. It takes about 45 minutes per plate with 100, 320, and 500 grit sand paper.
>>
File: hyperfury3.jpg (115KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hyperfury3.jpg
115KB, 960x720px
>>6049041
>>
You just fucked yourself if you ever have to do battle in a blue jungle.
>>
>>6048610

When did WalcomS7 review the Doublestrike? It's not on that channel when I search.
>>
accustrike available in the UK!
>>
>>6049152
Why did I say Walcom? It happens in Dracs video at the start and the Socom guy brought it to attention in his video.
>>
>>6044221
>>6044227
True, but not the case with the Crossfire Bow from the Z-strike line. Those bow arms and elastic are just for show
>>
File: Nerf-Mega-Doublebreach-Blaster.jpg (1MB, 5737x2529px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf-Mega-Doublebreach-Blaster.jpg
1MB, 5737x2529px
just when I thought I was finished with nerf...
>>
>>6049445
a 2 shot breach loader...and you're not done yet?
>>
>>6049447
i only buy stuff I think looks cool, I don't really care about performance.
>>
>>6049467
fair enough
>>
>>6049445
So how does that thing load and how many darts can it hold?
>>
>>6049908
side loader

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiTC5Nm7C3c
>>
>>6049908
Doublebreach, so obviously three.
But for realsies, breach load up to two darts into a panel that opens up on the side when you pull back the pump. Slide forward and fire a dart. Each prime readies only one for firing. It's kinda trash.
>>
>>6049908
There's an unpainted panel on the other side of the gun that slides open and allows you to awkwardly load in two shots. It then fires each shot one at a time before you have to reload it.

It's a great concept and it looks great....it's just fairly unimpressive when it comes to actual functionality. It should've had an internal mag or fire dual shots...or both. Overall, it's just another Centurion, cool looking blaster, but ultimately an overpriced waste of a blaster.
>>
>>6049445
You know, if they had just made an 8-round (or even 4-round) MEGA Roughcut, I'd be all over it. If you're required to use 2 hands for only shots, you might as well weld two BigShocks, or two HotShocks, or one BigShock and one HotShock. BONUS: you can fire 2 shots at the same time, unlike the DoubleBreach.
>>
Anyone else find it funny that this new Mega blaster means that the Cylconeshock officially invalidates half of the Mega line up?
>Same capacity as the Centurion, Buzzbee mags withstanding, while being smaller
>More capacity than the similarly sized Magnus
>Not the Doublebreach
The Hotshock is a big jolt, the Rotofury a big Doominator or open turret Rampage, and the Mastodon all have their own niches and don't cross the Cycloneshock but otherwise that's 3 out of 6 contemporaries made redundant.
>>
File: 56499_736x627_1.jpg (64KB, 736x647px) Image search: [Google]
56499_736x627_1.jpg
64KB, 736x647px
Anyone get these Buzzbee swords? I regretted not getting them last year before they stopped stocking them because I think they're great foam weapons. They're cheap, safe and decent looking.

But not only are they back, but they now have a light-up gimmick. I got the Greek sword for when I want to pretend I'm in Troy and Trojans used automatic weapons too.

I also got 2 katanas because you'll never know when you'll need to weld dual katanas.
>>
>>6052277
I've got a good two dozen of these damn things from last year. I use them to bludgeon my nephews into submission when they decide to start throwing punches and shit.
>>
File: IMG_1505.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1505.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Right, lets see what all the fuss was about then.
>>
>>6052782
The rifle just looks nice so it'll be something I'd want to grab. But the pistol was a wasted opportunity as it should've had an internal mag to make the breech loading actually useful. I mean, hell, it already has ammo storage under the breech anyway. how hard would it have been to close it up and add a spring inside. It would've made it far more unique and possibly useful instead of being an oversized Sharpfire.
>>
>>6052883
The rifle is getting standard elite performance by my eye. It is light and comfortable (in my opinion) and looks great. The "bolt" has a return spring which i think is an nice feature. The new darts do seem to be more accurate but don't expect a laser.
>>
File: 7165479_f1024.jpg (61KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
7165479_f1024.jpg
61KB, 1024x1024px
>>6016437
screw the shitty bow, I just want packs of the new arrows to use with an actual low draw strength bow
>>
>>6052782
The pistol...i like...i agree its a wasted opportunity, but from a purely aesthetic perspective i like it. The performance isnt bad for what it is. of course we'll need to wait for someone with a chronograph to try it out to get more accurate results.
>>
>>6052782
>Orange specter
>Orange sharpfire
Alphahawk looks cool, doe. I like the thumbhole stock and the handguard thingies.
>>
>>6052900
Does it get this performance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad5PsrGgAJk&t=03m57s
>>
>>6052782
I imagine someone will figure out how to attach a front pump mod to the Accustrike.
>>
>>6053155
does it get the performance of a modified blaster with a new spring and replaced internals? um...no, dude, no it doesn't
>>
>>6053192
It's not really the internals. He's only shooting maybe 15ft max. It's mostly the new Worker short darts, just like the Accustrike is just another Specter; it's the new Nerf darts that's the performance factor.
>>
How come the Maverick seems more popular when it's obvious that the strongarm is superior?
>>
File: maverick2.jpg (32KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
maverick2.jpg
32KB, 600x450px
>>6053301
Aesthetics.
>>
oh, btw famz the nerf subreddit is on fire right now
>>
>>6053298
i gathered that
>>
>>6049041
>>6049043
I liked the digicamo, though...
>>6049046
Kek
>>
File: hyperfucker.jpg (72KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hyperfucker.jpg
72KB, 960x720px
>>6056076

It's going to look like a fucking disaster when you try to paint it, though. That's why you remove the camo and the markings and what not.
>>
Newbie looking for a primary.
Looking for:
>Not too great price
>Cool factor
>At least 'okay' functioning.

Things like Buzzbee and Boomco go as well
>>
>>6058048
I hope you're not going to paint it black.
>>
>>6058048
What are you using to fill in the gaps?
>>
So what exactly went down with walcom and drac?
>>
>>6058223

There will be black on it.

>>6058314

Oatey's Fix It Stick for normal gap filling and Reactorseal 200 for structural gap filling.
>>
>>6058577
Walcom was making his own double Hyperfire. His build photos in Facebook are only available to friends, Drac being one of them. Drac then reveals his latest build, a double Hyperfire. Drac has vaguely hinted at a big build once at a date before Walcom's first photo upload, but there was no other details until the reveal.
Could mean something, or nothing at all.
>>6058661
Whoa that's cheaper than epoxy putty, thanks senpai. Also looking closer at the photo, what happened to the Stampede that donated that rail : (?
>>
>>6058694

It got a sweet flat top rail and looked ballin'.
>>
>>6058208
I got a Stryfe for about $12 because of all the xmas sales. If you don't want flywheels, Retaliator is good. People complain about the top prime, but I have no problems with rapid fire.
>>
>>6059348

Flywheels are fun when you realize how easy they are to mod. Springers have all kinds of problems, but flywheels are super simple.

Thought Springers are way more interesting.
>>
>>6059569
Springers are so much more frustrating to mod IMO.

Flywheelers are so tolerant of error, it's awesome.
I've been using them to learn about arduinos and mosfets.

I don't really think I ever want to mod another springer at this point, it's just so easy for something to snap/fail to catch/etc.
>>
>>6037650
I always kinda wanted to get one of these, just to see if it was possible to mod it into being pump action. A pump action, bullpup springer would just be sweet imo, and look amazing.

Sadly I never seen em at a cheap enough price for me to actually buy one.
>>
>>6059587

Springers are capable of a lot more power and are genuinely more interesting to work on, it's just a paint trying to reinforce internals and get catch springs that work. Usually you have to put the entire blaster back together screws and all just to test it, while you can test flywheels on a bench by just running power.
>>
I want some of those Nerf Rivals but can't bring myself to spend the money. Has anyone here gotten any of them? Are they worth it at all?
>>
>>6061457

I really want the Atlas for some reason, but not enough to go buy it. Rival looks cool, but I have way too much time and money in dart based stuff.
>>
File: Atlas 005.jpg (759KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Atlas 005.jpg
759KB, 2304x1728px
>>6061457
>>6062699
I have the Atlas and Apollo.

The Atlas looks cool, but the low ammo count hurts.

Apollo hits like a fucking tank, but I wish the priming handle wasn't on the top.
>>
>>6052930
Would that even work, because if so I want in.
>>
File: rival_artemis.jpg (73KB, 910x910px) Image search: [Google]
rival_artemis.jpg
73KB, 910x910px
>>6063456
Shoulda waited for the Artemis dumbass
>>
>>6066220
Some people can actually own more than one blaster.
>>
>>6066612
Yeah I know. I really wanted the atlas when I first saw it but it was just TOO BIG and too square for me.
>>
>>6066616
have you tried not being a manlet
>>
File: vortex.jpg (85KB, 640x366px) Image search: [Google]
vortex.jpg
85KB, 640x366px
why do all you dart fags use darts, nerf vortex is just so much better. Spent about $5 on this little thing and it outsmarts all the other expensive nerf guns in every way.
Mobility
>Accuracy
>Power
>Range
>Fun to use
>>
>>6066220
>gears
No
>>
What's with the endless drama in the nerfosphere these days?
>>
>>6067368
Actually, ive always wanted to fuck around with vortex. How are the prices? If they're not too crazy I might grab a few blasters
>>
>>6067816
>How are the prices
>Spent about $5 on this little thing
>>
File: 51kJZzQ77GL._SY300_.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
51kJZzQ77GL._SY300_.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>6067368
>why do all you dart fags use darts
I suspect for most people it's because the disc shape means the gun barrels and magazines can't be made to look all tacticool srsbiznis.

Personally, I just think those fucking little things are a nightmare to recover outside, yet aren't priced cheap enough to not care about losing huge amounts of ammo every game. Same reason I don't touch the rival stuff either.
>>
File: vortex.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vortex.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>6067368
The only vortex primary I'd consider is the revonix, the rest either suck, are ugly or both. And the only two side arm's I'd use are the vigilon and maybe the fusefire if the jamming issues turned out to be bullshit. Granted, if you could mod a diatron to single fire, I'd probably use it in a heartbeat, because mother fucking sexy looking ten shot sidearm.
>>
File: IMG_3201.jpg (297KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3201.jpg
297KB, 1600x1200px
>>6067368
>why do all you dart fags use darts
Darts are so much cheaper to buy than discs. If I lose a dart, I don't give a shit. If I lose a disc, OMFG. I've tried making homemade discs, didn't work out well enough. I just wound up buying them in quantities when they go on clearance.

They aren't that accurate. Accurate to about 20-30ft, but then so are every other Nerf blaster. Their range is also superseded by modern dart blasters. But they are fun.

>>6068037
Pyragon is my favorite. The only thing I dislike is the more-functional-but-uglier front pump.

Fusefire is also great. It's like the the disc equivalent of muzzle loaders. No mags, just jam in the discs in the back during downtime.

I really don't like the Diatron. The priming handle doesn't feel solid at all. Trying to prime the last 10% of the pull always feels like you're gonna snap something. Kudos for the stock attachment on a pistol, tho.
>>
>>6061457
Tried all but the Atlas.

>Apollo
Really good blaster overall, can chamber 2+ rounds without modification or breaking if you know the trick, modification kit exists for pump action a la EAT. It's kind of awkward though. I don't like the way it sits on my arm when I'm using it. Also the priming handle takes some force to get back.

7/10 very worth.

>Zeus
Really good feel to it. Feels very natural if a bit heavier. Size is decent. Modification to a HIRicane is easy and only requires a little bit of electronic work. Can also be modified to accept megas and elites, but it's not exactly practical in mid-war because you have to tease them in slowly, and it sometimes rips the heads off the elites it shoots them so hard. It can only accept the 12-round magazines, though. Really good stuff, but the price tag for even a rival flywheel platform is a bit high. Recommend trying before you buy if you know anyone who has one, or thrifting.

8/10 very worth if you're into flywheel.

>Khaos
This is a seriously big blaster. When I first tried the Zeus it was unlike anything I had used due to size and weight (it is smaller than some dart blasters but they aren't as heavy), and the Khaos is about twice its size. The rate of fire is good, but not as good as a converted Zeus (nothing is). The magazine can store 40 rounds, with careful overloading it can safely hold and fire up to 72 rounds without damaging it, potentially even more. If you overload the magazine the rounds will fire faster until the magazine slot gets down to 10, then normal ROF resumes.

I absolutely love the Khaos. It's gorgeous, it's a monster, and it feels superb. I know the price tag is high, but it rocks.
>>
>>6067368
>Accuracy
Until the disc curves out 30 feet out of the barrell
>Power
Until the disc curves out 30 feet out of the barrell, and it slows down drastically
>Range
Until the disc curves out 30 feet out of the barrell
>Fun to use
...yeah, actually
>>
>>6013643
Sucks to be you, mine is fantastic
>>
>>6045244
It's my CC
>>
Where did all the Stryfes go? I can't find any anywhere.
>>
>>6075206
I bought them all. Stryfe masterrace becoming too diluted. Impure. You go buy Air Zone now.
>>
>>6075206
I just got one off amazon for £9.98
>>
I really want to participate in a nerf war, but I cant help but notice how cringe worthy a lot of these wars seem to be. Maybe it is just the youtubers that I follow, but all of the videos that I see of nerf wars are autists and neckbeards running around screaming and acting like a dumb ass

Also, everyone uses modified blasters. Im not a big fan of using modified stuff, but some people just have ridiculous loadouts. That captain Xavier guy springs to mind immediately.
>>
>>6015887
HOW ABOUT A NICE CUP OF LIBERTY
>>
>>6075707
How about a little racemixing bby gurl.
>>6076003
Used to be you could find these for 10 burgers. Guess it's a hot item this Christmas season...
>>
is buzzbee allowed?
>>
>>6080699
We might tease you for being poor but sure.
>>
>>6080783
Buzzbee is a respectable budget brand.
>>
Buzzbee actually makes some very decent blasters now, comparable and sometimes better than Nerf.

One highly subjective con, tho, is that they still look horrible. I don't quite know what it is, but Nerf still makes the best looking blasters. Maybe it's the colors, maybe it's the physical designs, the extra pennies to apply paint apps, I dunno. Except for perhaps Boomco, most non-Nerf blasters look cheap.
>>
>>6080794
Hahaha, poorfag
>>6080889
This, though about the paint, Hasbro has been cheaping out on that too. Worse is that it isn't any meaningful amount of money that we would see the savings directly. So these days Hasbro saves hundreds of thousands of cents while we get half painted blasters that still sell for a premium. We also get fugly ass shit like the Negotiator but that's a whole other issue.
>>
>>6080552
I've seen lots of people from the US complain about the lack of stryfes for anything other than rape price
>>
>>6081222
I use only Vortex guns so I don't have many problems getting them for cheap.
Plus, I'm the only one at my college that uses discs, so I don't really lose them since nobody else scoops them off the ground to use when we play HvZ
>>
I have a lot of the the Elite N-Strike Nerf guns ranging in condition. How much could I get sell them for online? I was thinking $10-$15 a pop. I would like to invest the money in new LARPing gear.

If I get responses I will post some modified weapons tomorrow. I have two modified pic related that shoot about twice the distance.
>>
File: nerf-maverick-pistol.jpg (25KB, 490x293px) Image search: [Google]
nerf-maverick-pistol.jpg
25KB, 490x293px
>>6082084
>>
File: nerf-n-strike-recon-cs-62.jpg (68KB, 943x425px) Image search: [Google]
nerf-n-strike-recon-cs-62.jpg
68KB, 943x425px
>>6082089
How much could I resell these for? I have two vulcans as well, and some extended magazines.
>>
File: Nerf-Doomlands-Negotiator.jpg (1009KB, 3337x2393px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf-Doomlands-Negotiator.jpg
1009KB, 3337x2393px
>>6081163
>We also get fugly ass shit like the Negotiator but that's a whole other issue.

>look up Negotiator
>fucking lol

Ridiculous looking, but par for the Doomlands course. I was semi-pumped because it was at least a 10-round revolver, but seeing it up close, it's only 8, +2 over your typical 6-round revolver. Not worth the price of faggotry.
>>
File: Nerf-Modulus-Barrelstrike.jpg (846KB, 4549x3005px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf-Modulus-Barrelstrike.jpg
846KB, 4549x3005px
>>6082253
This thing, tho, looks pretty cool. Flip down the stock and it's a decent 4-shot secondary blaster. Or flip up the stock and it's a barrel attachment with a 4-shot foregrip.

They're also coming out with a 4-shot blaster stock. Extendable, but it still has the same problem where you can't shoot it without removing it from the stock attachment point.
>>
>>6082089
>>6082092
Unless they are getting the same (or better) ranged than current Elites (70fps), $5 a pop. Then you have to factor in shipping, which means either you offer free shipping and make $1, or the buyer pays shipping, and nobody is going to pay $10 for a Maverick when you can get a Strongarm for less than $10.
>>
>>6082089
>>6082092
Seeing as you could thrift those for nothing, where even there it gets passed up cause you have newer variants sitting right next to them on the same shelf, it's literally three fiddy youre looking at max. The only things of value are the attachments, the barrel extension, and the fact that the Maverick is still a beaut.
Vulcan is a set piece, could probably get 20 to 40 for that. If it's not complete though (chain, box, and tripod) it usually can get passed up because of how much those pieces go individually
>>
>>6082261
Still unsure about the stock, but I'm certainly grabbing this thing when it comes out. I just love the look of it as a stand-alone blaster, the fact that it's a functional 4 shot under-barrel blaster is just icing on the cake.
>>
>>6082261
>>6082340
I just like the idea of under barrel blasters in general. I also like barrel extensions despite the slight drop in performance. I love the modulus grip blaster and this looks like an evolution of that (with a sweet alt mode)
>>
>>6082253
This fucking thing. Senpaitachi, buy up your Hammershots and Sweet Revenges cause this is going to be their shitty replacement. Also I wish that those 3D printed cylinders weren't so expensive. Like 30 bucks (HS + Cylinder) is a million times better than paying 20 or whatever for a Negotiator, but the price starts adding up when your have seven of them, lol.
>>
The Pyragon is easily the most comfortable nerf gun I've ever played with.
>Smooth prime
>Slamfire
>Sleek design
>>
>>6085657

One of the best blasters, I really wish they didn't kill Vortex; Nerf Darts are shit for the most part and Vortex was a fun one.
>>
>>6015884
Would you recommend the folding grip? I have a Stryfe that I want to get a grip for but I'm not sure if I should get the folding grip or the drop grip.
>>
>>6087602
i have a stryfe and use the folding grip. It has the advantage of making the blaster smaller for storage or carrying, its sturdy and comfortable and looks cool imo
>>
>>6087602
>>6087918
The folding grip is my least favorite foregrip. It's not as comfortable and I don't 100% trust the locking mechanics since I've overpowered it once and had to fix it. That's being said, I did buy two because I have plans.
>>
>>6088368
to each his own
>>
Got a demolisher for Christmas from my brother, what's the best mod involving the missile launcher portion?
>>
>>6088716
>what's the best mod involving the missile launcher portion?

Removing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIV6EsGHcjI
>>
Damn barrel strike looks pretty sick
>>
>>6088760
>Literally just using it as a prettier stryfe
That's boring and I'm not nearly talented enough to make it look nice
>>
>>6013285
I bought the Vagabond. Has anyone found a way to fire Mega darts with it and not damage any parts?
>>
File: pTRU1-19164378dt.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-19164378dt.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
I bought a Barrel Break to mod for shits and giggles, plus I always liked the boomstick look. Any recommendations on which aftermarket springs will fit, or should I just do a standard compression?
>>
>>6013285
Just got gifted a Retaliator. Gonna add the Worker slide thing, is it necessary to change the internals?

https://world.taobao.com/item/536953662385.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4004-15728761496.3.EEB1nb
>>
>>6015884
I love that green color.
>>
>>6091221
What is that? I figured by slide it was a pump grip, which would need you to remove the currect top prime slide, but that looks like a sealed breech? I think you replace the front that mates with barrel extensions and the dart tube too with the included pieces.
>>
>>6091221
>>6091795
That's an adapter to convert the Retaliator into firing their short darts. You don't need that to just add a foregrip pump. If you bought the adapter, you would also have to buy the short darts as well as short dart magazines.
>>
Nerfgen, what's a good source for a high amperage microswitch? I want to push my Stampede to 20+ volts now that I've a spare part donor. My plan is to place it behind the plunger so that it is closed only when the plunger rod has returned to the catch. Also what can I do about the plunger rod slamming into it?
>>
>>6091842
Thanks bro, really appreciate it. My chink is pretty shit
>>
>>6091954
I would say non-chink sellers on ebay. Just look for the amperage you need, there should be plenty of options.
>>
I work at ToysRUs, and I only own a Modulus.

Redpill me on them, so I can better understand how to explain them to parents.

Also what should I get if I'm bored in my room? The Modulus is fun, but the sound it makes is annoying.
>>
>>6094258
Meh, I think they're overpriced for what it is: a Stryfe reshell with accessories. For around $30, you're paying fair price for what you get.

I can try to redpill you on a Stryfe. For $15, you can get the gold standard in battery-operated dart gun technology. From there, with some basic soldering skills, you can upgrade the performance for maximum pew pew.

If you're annoyed by the REEEEEEEEEEEEEE SFX, you can get a Roughcut, or any other shotgun that trades up fun factor for HIGH SPEED LOW DRAG.
>>
>>6094303
While you're at it, can you redpill me on the Doomlands/Zombiestrike/Elite/Mega guns?

And we just got some stuff labeled Accustrike, what's up with that (other than it being accurate)?
>>
>>6094323
>Modulus
The whole point in the Modulus line is that for the longest time, people have been clamoring for Nerf to sell their tacticool accessories separately, instead of having to buy an entire Longshot just to get the Longshot scope (ignoring ebay for the moment). Now you can customize your blaster any way you want for your 100% perfect look, and not have a closet full of Longshots.

>Doomlands
I'm not really sold on Doomlands. Performance-wise, most of their stuff is just on par with other Nerf blasters. It's main selling point is their aesthetics. If post apocalyptic westerns are your thing and you think Mad Max: Fury Road is the best film since Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. then Doomlands is for you.

>Zombiestrike
Just like Doomlands, but aimed at the ZOMBIEZZZ crowd, and better since the line actually has decent unique blasters, like their shotguns. Personally, I find their chainsaw-based guns and accessories hilarious.
>>
>>6094451
>Elite
Basically, most of the modern Nerf blasters out now are "Elite". Elite blasters shoot around 70fps, which is the same as the Modulus, Doomlands, Zombiestrike, Rebelle, etc... Not every blaster shoots that fast, though. You can usually tell when they don't advertise the range on the package.

>MEGA
The selling point for the MEGA line is that BIGGER looks BETTER! Most MEGA blasters don't perform better at all. But you buy them because YOU'RE A BIG GUN. You look at a GMC Silverado and go "Yeah, that's a nice truck, but do you have anything bigge-- OH YES, A HUMMER. THAT'S THE TICKET!" If you want to know what it's like to weld a small child as a firearm, the Mastodon is for you. If you hate your life but aren't sure if you've hit rock bottom, get the Centurion. On the plus side, some MEGA blasters are moddable to fire standard darts for MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE. I actually like the MEGA line like the CycloneShock revolver because it goes with my HUMUGOUS DICK.

>Accustrike
Accustrike is Nerf's new dart that according to youtube tests, are probably the most accurate and consistent dart you can get. But it's all in the dart. The blaster has nothing to do with the performance. It's actually a mediocre blaster. So just like old times, if you want to super awesome dart accessory, you have to buy the crappy gun that;s packaged with it.

The Rotofury is also kinda neat because it's reminiscent of a Nerf grenade launcher. This is spillover text from the MEGA section because LOL MEGA IS HUEG!!!!11!
>>
File: muh springer.png (432KB, 646x394px) Image search: [Google]
muh springer.png
432KB, 646x394px
>he doesn't use flywheels
If you don't use flywheels, pic related is you.
>>
>>6094451
>>6094453
>You look at a GMC Silverado and go "Yeah, that's a nice truck, but do you have anything bigge-- OH YES, A HUMMER. THAT'S THE TICKET!
>If you want to know what it's like to wield a small child as a firearm, the Mastodon is for you
>If you hate your life but aren't sure if you've hit rock bottom, get the Centurion
>CycloneShock revolver because it goes with my HUMUGOUS DICK
Holy shit, it's 4am and you just had me laughing loud enough to wake up my neighbor. Good shit.

I'll never let a parent walk out of the store with a MEGA again.
>>
I have up to $25, don't want a flywheel blaster, and want something that looks cool. Direct me.
>>
>>6094604
lawbringer, slingfire, alpha trooper, hammershot...the list goes on really. Its a VERY subjective thing. I'd suggest going on the Nerf wiki and looking up Nerf Nstrike elite and its sub themes (zombie strike, mega, doomlands etc) and picking out the ones you like then looking at available price.
>>
>>6094604
roughcut, sledge fire
>>
>>6094604
6 jolts.
>>
File: Flipside.jpg (47KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Flipside.jpg
47KB, 960x960px
>>6094489
>try to upsell the MEGA line
>salesman vows to never sell one again
This is why I'm not into marketing.

>>6094604
For $25, almost anything you CAN buy won't be battery-powered.

^^^ So get this. Girls will love you because you'll remind them of Katniss Everdeen. And guys will love you because you're a faggot.
>>
>>6094489
>I'll never let a parent walk out of the store with a MEGA again.

As someone who owns a few Mega blasters, don't do this. While the larger size of them is a gimmick, it's a REALLY fun gimmick. They're a bit too hefty for smaller kids, but the thump from blasting those massive darts is really satisfying. Some aren't worth using, as all sub-lines have their stinkers, but the line as a whole is totally worth it.

Don't let them buy Centurions, they're the worst big blaster out there. But Rotofurys, Cycloneshocks and Mastadons are all tons of fun.

Others to generally avoid are the Doomlands Doubledealer (unwieldy and jams frequently), the Sharpfire (weak, overpriced, and awkward to load), and the barrel break (it's fun...but bad in almost every way).
>>
How does someone start a Nerfing community? I live in a state where they're is almost no online community and I'm desperate for some wars or at least a few fellas to talk about the foam flinging hobby
>>
Working Nerf Maverick made out of Legos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_GtinhMxBs
>>
>>6094604
Crossbolt.
>>
>>6030113
Doesn't that already come with a rocket launcher?
>>
>>6102742
That's the point, now it has two :3
>>
>be me
>be checking local TRU
>nice, nice everything is back in stock
>Stryfes everywhere, Ice Retaliator there
>Still pricey, but Hawaii so yeah
>All the hammer mechs are here, doublestrike, 4 Victory, even the new negotiator is here
>still fugly as sin but cool to see
>wait
>where are all the Hammershots?
Ids habbeding guyz
>>
File: 1463242528212.jpg (4MB, 1945x2940px) Image search: [Google]
1463242528212.jpg
4MB, 1945x2940px
Anyone else hype as fuck for the Barrel Strike?
>>
>>6105187
Dome guy bought them all.
You'll know when you see him on the battlefield.
His catchphrase is: "It's time to hammer!"
He's also armed with 50 Hammershots.
>>
Between Sledgefire, Rotofury, Cycloneshock, and Stryfe, which one am I gonna have the most fun with? I'm an indecisive fuck.

Also the Doominator is cool as fuck, hasn't jammed once
>>
File: Operator 001.jpg (714KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Operator 001.jpg
714KB, 2304x1728px
>>6108208
I like the Sledgefire because of the gimmicky nature, but it's kinda lacklustre.

Strife is good if you've got lots of attachmetnts to tacticool it up.

Rotofury is delicious but really could've done with a stock attachment point.
>>
Alright guys.
Brain storm and help me figure out the best Gun and parts to use to make a Soldier 76 Gun from Overwatch.
I know there's an air pump rocket launcher I can slap onto a Tac Rail and i've been eyeing a Stryfe base body with Retaliator parts.
>>
>>6108362
Why don't you post a picture? Some people have never played Call of Duty.
>>
>>6108294
What kinda attachments would I be looking at for the Stryfe? I've got a decent mental inventory for all the Nerf guns, but the attachments and the Modulus line are apparently big things that I've neglected
>>
File: grip.jpg (24KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
grip.jpg
24KB, 720x720px
>>6108475
It's up to you - whatever you think looks/feels good.

I love the wee foregrip/blaster.
>>
>>6108475
Go here: http://nerf.wikia.com/wiki/N-Strike_Modulus

Most of those blasters and accessories should still be widely available. There's also the Retaliator and a few other N-Strike Elites that have accessories, but they're "pricier" since you have to buy a blaster.
>>
File: WorkerStock 001.jpg (768KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WorkerStock 001.jpg
768KB, 2304x1728px
>>6108475
Also the worker stocks are really good for big friends.
>>
File: IMG_20170104_185104.jpg (2MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170104_185104.jpg
2MB, 4048x3036px
Targets are stocking Spring 2017 blasters

Holy shit, the Doublebreach is huuge.
It's not as impractical as it seems, you can reload rather quickly. Still less useful than the revolving type Megas however
>>
>>6108543

I really want the god damn double breach because its my ideal shotgun shape

but the fucking sideloading breach really turns me off

is it even remotely fun to use?

if its even a little fun to use I can use it as a super boss weapon when my lil ones decide to play nerf rpg games
>>
File: IMG_20170104_192637.jpg (3MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170104_192637.jpg
3MB, 4048x3036px
>>6108583
It's not actually that bad, I'd say it's about as easy to reload as a Bigshock/frontloader, since you can use the thumb of your left hand to open the breech after priming.
It's not that shitty, it's along the line of a Sledgefire-esque fun-ish gimmicky system.
>>
File: nerf guns and also a dog.jpg (121KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
nerf guns and also a dog.jpg
121KB, 768x1024px
>>6108294
fuck you sold me on that shit too easily

They didn't have a Sledgefire, but I picked up a Rotofury so who gives a shit. It's loud and nasty and I love it
>>
>>6108473
It is Full Auto and can fire Rockets.

So I figured a Stryfe with Retaliator parts or so and the Modulus Rocket Attachment.
>>
>>6108617
But you can't fire both at the same time, right? That was kinda the deal breaker for me.
>>
File: Nerf Masterkey 4.jpg (233KB, 1600x640px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf Masterkey 4.jpg
233KB, 1600x640px
>>6108989
That rifle is so out there, I don't know what you can use as a base without top tier custom work. It doesn't look anything like a Stryfe+Barrel.
>>
File: TARGET.png (350KB, 1355x1096px) Image search: [Google]
TARGET.png
350KB, 1355x1096px
Oh Target, you so crazy.
>>
Just got the Bigshock. Not terribly impressive, but it's a cute little plinker and looks nice- decent range for something so small, too. Would I have been better serviced with a Jolt?

Also, what the fuck was Hasbro thinking releasing the Hotshock? It's the exact same blaster with a larger profile.
>>
File: masterkey.jpg (173KB, 800x404px) Image search: [Google]
masterkey.jpg
173KB, 800x404px
>>6109128
>>
File: IMG_0045.jpg (95KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0045.jpg
95KB, 500x280px
>>6109875

Wait, are you this fag>>6109128, furthering your argument or are you this fag, >>6108989 implying any nerf guns look like that rifle?
>>
>>6109908
Just felt like posting a masterkey lol
>>
>>6108929
>dat handguard and thumbhole stock
Unnf. Wish it was a magfed Retaloid rather than a Specter.
>>
>>6108617
That actually really makes me happy knowing I can open the breech after priming so easily.

However it now comes down to whether or not I want one of these or a sledgefire.
>>
>>6111044
Ooooh, you've got no idea how good it is. Ergonomics on the thing are absolutely perfect, if it fed from six round mags, it'd be my favorite blaster ever. As is, it's still my favorite for plinking at walls.
>>
What is the absolute most one should pay for a Sledgefire? My local Target doesn't have one, and they go for 28 bucks minimum on Amazon it seems like. Gun is sexy but not that sexy.
>>
>>6111656
That's about what they go for in stores. It's always been a somewhat mediocre blaster with a gimmick. It's all a matter of how sexy that gimmick is to you and what you'd pay for it. I wouldn't pay more than $15 for it, which means I'll probably never get one.
>>
>>6111649
What's the draw length on it? It'd prolly be easier to stick a Stryfe in there, but still. Also, are you a big guy?
>>
>>6111649
Why do you wear the mask?
>>
>>6109441
What are those World Tech blasters? I can't find any info about them.
>>
>>6112839
They're Chinese blasters that go by different names, which makes it impossible to locate, and good luck trying to buy them in the US. Well, I guess until now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_kUR3NfoM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS2mZcqwPho
>>
>>6113044
Thanks. It actually looks pretty cool unlike most offbrand blasters.
>>
File: 1483796267710.jpg (290KB, 528x2712px) Image search: [Google]
1483796267710.jpg
290KB, 528x2712px
Admins, man.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Making a full auto Crossbolt. Rough idea of how its gonna work.
>>
>>6114479
You should keep the bow arms and drawstring, but make it easily removable.
>>
File: 1481875432184.gif (3MB, 181x144px) Image search: [Google]
1481875432184.gif
3MB, 181x144px
>>6114380
>that last one
>>
>>6049043
>>6049041
>>6034242

Is this guy building a nerf storm bolter? Where can i read more?
>>
>>6114983
Bolter style Nerf customs are everywhere. You can probably just search for double rapidstrike, or double hyperfire, or whatever mag-fed flavor gun of the month is.
>>
>>6114479
>Full auto crossbolt
Now you have my attention
>>
Alright I got a noob question, I got a cheap second hand Retaliator coming in. Of course I want to mod it. Where can I get mod kits without going broke as a joke on delivery costs to europe.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-08-13-34-58.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-08-13-34-58.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>6116047
Are thrift stores (secondhand/donation) stores a thing over there? You could pick up a Buzzbee Tek 4/Tek 6/Tek 10 and harvest its spring. It's these revolver looking blasters that were supposed to compete with the Maverick. Despite having a direct plunger, the plunger tube was narrow and tiny, so they put a 6-7 kg spring in there to compensate; stock Nerf blasters come with a 2.5 kg spring. This shouldn't cost anymore than 3 burgers and you always see them at Thrift stores or garage sales stateside. Then pop out the back cap on your Retaliator and a few screws then thread out the original and swap in the new one.
>>
>>6116454
Interesting, I know a few thriftstored around here but I genuinely dont know if buzzbee was ever sold in the Netherlands.
I'll look into it!
>>
>>6116454
>>6116490
You're literally just looking for a stronger (or 2nd) spring, so a well-stocked hardware store is also an option.
>>
There's a bunch of Rebelle Guardians for $16-$19 on ebay right now for some reason. Should I nab one?
>>
>>6114479
I'm not sure if you can fit a pusher mech in there.
>>
>>6116554
Thanks for the tip!
>>
>>6117192
Nothing a hacksaw cant fix
>>
>>6117192
Doubters never succeed, anon! i believe in him!
>>
>>6117192
>>6114479
Maybe a small reverse one could work. It does not need to push far before it gets grabbed by the flywheels. The biggest problem might be making it reliable and sturdy
>>
>>6094453
>If you want to know what it's like to weld a small child as a firearm, the Mastodon is for you.

Accurate as heck
>>
File: sddefault.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
Now this is a rather sexy stock.
>>
File: 20160211_031900.jpg (1MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20160211_031900.jpg
1MB, 2322x4128px
Opinion on the ten shot slam fire mega?
Or did I sand and paint a shut shot?
>>
File: 20160211_031748.jpg (957KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160211_031748.jpg
957KB, 4128x2322px
>>6120999
>>
File: 20160211_031711.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160211_031711.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
>>6121000
>>
File: 20160211_042326.jpg (648KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160211_042326.jpg
648KB, 4128x2322px
>>6121002
>>
File: 20160211_062521.jpg (614KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160211_062521.jpg
614KB, 4128x2322px
>>6121005
>>
File: 20160211_062529.jpg (741KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160211_062529.jpg
741KB, 4128x2322px
>>6121008
>>
File: 20160211_062541.jpg (680KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160211_062541.jpg
680KB, 4128x2322px
>>6121012
>>
File: 20160211_062504.jpg (671KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160211_062504.jpg
671KB, 4128x2322px
>>6121014
>>
>>6121018
You laid the paint on too thick.
>>
>>6121018
Did you even prime?
>>
>>6120911
>I can finally hide snacks in my nerf guns
>>
>>6120911
Wtf, what modulus blaster could possibly use that? Maybe for that jolt style foregrip or something, but nothing else that can use that stock is breechloaded, is it?
>>
>>6121257
What are you talking about?
>>
>>6120095
The plan is to have a thin piece of metal or plastic conected to the pusher going along the top of the blaster going down into the top of the mag, pulling the darts into the flywheels.
>>
>>6121092
I used a spray paint that was also a primer.
>>6121058
Yes, this time I laid it on thick. This was partially on purpose, partially because it was my first attempt.

I wanted a rough look because this was for a post apocalyptic larp
>>
>>6121257
Ionfire is top loading and it's still useful to have spare darts for mag-fed blasters

Also you don't have to keep darts in it, spare battery/Lipo is nice, plus it's just a sweet stock.
>>
>>6121598
One of the strats is to use a Vinyl dye base coat. Usually white or black if the under layers might show through.
>>
>>6121414
Kinda what I meant, best of luck!
>>
>>6032912
So I'm back. Decided after reading up on how to properly volt-mod a stryfe, that flywheels are hasbrospacemagic and I am best leaving them alone. So I've gone and got a new Longshot, and have the OMW kits on their way. Going to hopefully buy paints and some other modding stuff tomorrow.

Not sure what to do with the paintjob. Was thinking black and purple with green detailing (Bad Juju anyone?), but am not set. Anyone have any better ideas?
>>
>>6121879 thanks
>>
>>6121978
If it isn't for you it isn't for you I guess, but flywheels really aren't that complex.
>>
Hey we actually hit bump limit this time.
>>
>>6122102
Im new around here, is that rare for nerf threads?

Also I wanted to ask if anyone has the (metric) dimensions for the catch spring and the plunger spring for a retaliator by any chance?
>>
>>6122109
I'm new here too. It's just that the previous two threads unceremoniously fell off page 10 around 100 posts
Main spring is 9.2 x 1.7. Wire looks to be 1 mm thick. Don't know about the catch, sorry. If you're hitting up a hardware store, those small springs usually come in large packs anyway.
>>
>>6121598
The thick uneven coat of paint doesn't do a very good job of it. It just looks plain bad. You're better of painting it standard black (or any other top coat color) and dry brushing silver "wear and tear" over it.

>>6121605
You can also store your weed in it. Regardless, it's still a nice looking stock with or without the storage feature.

>>6122109
>>6122123
Not really rare. Happens often enough. It just takes a REALLY long time before it either hits the limit, or just dies off. This thread is over 2 months old. But it helps that this is around the time Nerf puts of their new stuff for the year.
>>
>>6121257
You don't need it for just Modulus. >>6121098 has the right idea, like some nuts for protein or just straight up sugar for whackos.

You don't even need to use the storage and just use it as a modern day Raider stock.
>>
>>6122350
>>6120911

I like how nobody has answered how many mega darts if any it can fit
>>
>>6122350
>just use it as a modern day Raider stock
Not with all of that dead space inside of it, it needs cramming.

>>6122411
I'm wondering that too.
>>
>>6122411
>>6122432
Welp, Coop managed to stuff 9 Elites in it, so I'd guess 3-4 Megas, 5 if you really cram it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keqJAllV-cw
>>
>>6122411
>>6122432
>using Storage Stock for Mega darts
Why

>no Mega guns with stock attachment points
>Mega pump-shooting barrel outdone by new Barrel Strike with it's trigger
>storage shield already has six holes, guaranteed
>>
File: 1460512680972.png (27KB, 181x220px) Image search: [Google]
1460512680972.png
27KB, 181x220px
>>6122451
>he didn't salvage a stock attachment point from an old recon and graft it to his Rotofury
>>
>>6122457
>using the Storage Stock instead of the Storage Shield or a custom Mega dart holder in the first place
>>
>>6122461
Why not both? It needs a stock anyway.
>>
>>6122457
>>6122464
I wouldn't use the storage stock with a rotofury for the purpose of trivial ammo storage anyways
>>
>>6122464
>making all attachments effective in dart flinging
>use Stockshot instead of Storage Stock to make use of Storage Shield's Elite dart storage
Boom. Storage Stock is useless for Megas anyways.
>>
>>6122469
>>making all attachments effective in dart flinging
Really wish we had a clip-on Mega blaster so I can use the Storage Shield's mega dart holders with a Stryfe.
>>
>Storage Shields on the sides of a nerf gun
Who here's gonna go full Tie Fighter Gun?
>>
>>6122457
Can someone upload this folder?
>>
>>6122482
You mean like the MEGA pump from the Tri-Strike?
>>
>>6122674
Not barrel attachment, clip-on, like the Grip Blaster. I'm already thinking about using the Barrelstrike because it has the trigger.
>>
>>6122451

because some game types use mega darts as special ammunition.

plus that tristrike barrel attachment is tacticool as fuck
>>
>>6122482
>>6122693
Gotta make that Tri-Strike barrel viable for the consumers, anon.

>>6122702
The only thing that turns me off about it is the lack of trigger until the moment I use it and I feel like I'm using a M16 grenade launcher.

If they did release a clip-on Mega blaster, though, Tri-Strike barrel's gonna be put to the side immediately for other barrels. I'd probably even replace a scope for one, too.
>>
>>6122714
I wish they'd have an attachable rival round blaster
>>
File: smugbukkake.gif (1MB, 1200x666px) Image search: [Google]
smugbukkake.gif
1MB, 1200x666px
>>6122667
>not having the 4chan official reaction image dropbox link

hownew.ru
>>
>>6122736
I get by currently with just using the magazine's spring for a short range shotgun burst. The Apollo's 7-ball mag is economic for that.
>>
>>6122745
Sorry, I spend most of my time wacking off the chinese cartoons.
>>
File: MEGA-addon.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MEGA-addon.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>>6122482
Just make your own MEGA attachment blaster.
>>
>>6123071
>Coop
Honestly aside from some of the stale and or outdated memes I don't think anyone interested in Nerf can actually hate this guy, he does a good job showing comparisons and goes into an autistic amount of depth while trying to keep different perspectives on each product.

Wish he would review more of the vintage nerf guns for shits and giggles and/or more third party/non nerf shit.
>>
File: 299.png (83KB, 247x185px) Image search: [Google]
299.png
83KB, 247x185px
>>6123109
I agree. I unsubscribed a while back thinking "oh look, another meme", but I keep coming back to his videos because he doesn't do the whole "oh yeah, it feels fine" thing some reviewers tend to do. I actually appreciate him doing those extensive firing tests and his "keep in mind I'm fucking gigantic" opinions.

I might have to resubscribe.

>that one video where he drops the just-chopped up pieces for a then-wip Nerf Crrossbow project
>mfw
>>
>>6123109
I keep coming back to his channel because he's generally concise and gets to the point. Sometimes he'll go off-topic, but he's usually quick about it and moves on. I've watched other Nerfers on the youtube and they just go on and on and on, loving the sound of their own voice. I've watched unboxing videos where the guy will say how he's the first to get this blaster in the country by pulling in favors from a Nerfer he met in Thailand going to a Nerf war, and over the next few months, we exchanged emails traded various customs, blah blah blah, so we wind up in the back of my car giving each other handjobs, etc.... 5 mins later, fucking blaster is still not unboxed.
>>
>>6123128
And then there's the guys that shill their ebay account or whatever every chance they get.
>>
>>6123071
>upside down mag
Made think of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsXgGRG3TyE
>>
New thread before this one dies 2 weeks from now: >>6123171
>>
>>6123128
>>6123125
I really like how he's still experimenting with video styles and keeping it semiprofessional, the way he's presegmenting and editing the videos is really smooth.
And I love the video of him taking the shitty boomco sniper to the range and shooting at it with the AR pistol, but the guy shooting shouldered it so he put a little floating BATFE emblem over it so you couldn't see it.

Sometimes the comedy is right on but he realizes he attracts a somewhat large young audience and keeps it toned back.
>>
>>6123212
Ha. My cousin's wife did the same thing. Every time she started to shoulder the pistol, he'd push it away and tell her, "It's a pistol!"
>>
>>6116490
Alright, im back, kinda with bad news, couldnt find any spring in hardware stores, or really anything second hand in thrift stores (not even nerf!)

Im thinking of ordering the orange modworks kit for the retaliator, any general experience with those?
>>
>>6123549
Woops, mean to say the blasterparts kit!
This one to be specific:
http://blasterparts.com/modification-kit-nerf-retaliator-hr
>>
>>6123125
>>6123109

Honestly I like coop even though some of videos come out a little late. He covers all the bases and shoots shit indoors where I can see the bullet fire not like LordDraconical who has a stupid ass head camera barely tests the damn gun and is just like meh yeah heres a 5 minute revie w video i could care less.

Coop actually chronographs shit too.

thats one of my biggest fucking irks about drac is that he'll eyeball bullet velocity and distance

every fucking video he's like "that was around elite performance" "that was under elite"

and im just like I couldnt even see where the fucking bullet landed you shit.

In one of his recent videos he's like... trust me I've been doing this for awhile.

it really pisses me off how he has so many followers on youtube even though hes the worst fucking reviewer of shit.
>>
>>6123779
LordDraconical always seems like a pretentious know it all to me
>>
File: 1446920710658.jpg (62KB, 549x549px) Image search: [Google]
1446920710658.jpg
62KB, 549x549px
>>6122814
>>6122745
>mfw there's only one image in this folder
>>
File: $_85.jpg (47KB, 409x726px) Image search: [Google]
$_85.jpg
47KB, 409x726px
Ho, lee, shiet

I just got all of this for €65 (thats $69 for all muricans)

How'd I do?
>>
>>6125263
Color me Elite Blue jelly. I've been hunting for a blue Stryfe lately and everything else in there are pretty fly too. Also, please deprime those springers.
>>
>>6126399
Didnt get the shipmet yet, wish I could. The mags are also all loaded and he didnt put the darts in a seperate box :c
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.