[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toys to Life General - /ttl/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 45

File: ttl general3.png (659KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
ttl general3.png
659KB, 1600x900px
Wow, after nearly 2 months, we finally hit bump limit. That's pretty rad.

Come here to talk about all your favorite Toys to Life stuff; Skylanders, Amiibo, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions and whatever third party stuff from companies jumping on the money train.

Please remember to take actual game discussion to >>>/v/ where you'll likely get trolled and not find anything of interest. Please take your trolling to >>>/b/ where I'm sure no one will care about your shit opinion.

>Pastebinned Info
http://pastebin.com/KEq5q6gM

>Previous thread:
>>5826848
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming Releases Calendar:

Skylanders:
>Skylanders Imaginators (Oct 16th 2016 in US, 14th in EU, 13th in AU)

Amiibo:
>Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin Amiibos confirmed. Release fucking never
>Mario Series 2 releasing Nov 2016
>New Zelda series amiibo will be released in December.

Dimensions:
New Season of Dimensions out now!
>Ghostbusters
>Adventure Time
>Mission: Impossible
>Harry Potter
>The A-Team

Infinity:
>RIP in Piss
>>
Hows everyone enjoying the new season of LD?
>>
>>5936033

The Adventure Time level is pretty cool, and I'm glad some Year 1 characters got some new Year 2 skills. I picked up Finn, Jake, LSP, and B.A. Baracus. This might be a pretty light year for me though.
>>
>>5936045
>some Year 1 characters got some new Year 2 skills

details?
>>
>>5936324

I haven't gone through and studied each character but I know The Doctor can use Intelligence Panels and Slimer has Vent Access. Basically they're new versions of Technology and Mini Access.
>>
Amazon has all wave 1 & 2 senseis for pre-order via bundles, don't think I'll throw at all that money day one, but it's cool to see them just letting people get all the figures this early if they want to
>>
>>5936714
Did any of the ninja get Sword Switches? I looked in the character list and didn't see it, but don't own any to confirm. I know at least one of them has swords, and it'd be pretty dumb if they didn't get it.
>>
File: 20160928_170016.jpg (214KB, 912x513px) Image search: [Google]
20160928_170016.jpg
214KB, 912x513px
Some guy got his copy super early. Top kek
>>
>>5936714
I hope they took the opportunity to update Marty. One ability is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>5936927

No, only Finn can use Sword Switches.

Also the Shard has all of the portals, so if anyone was still wondering Powerpuff Girls and Beetlejuice are 100% confirmed.
>>
>>5937352
Do their portals show what the minifigs look like?
>>
>>5937543

No, they don't even have faces appear. Just a red vortex if the wave is no available yet.
>>
File: 20160928_170016.jpg (848KB, 2056x1092px) Image search: [Google]
20160928_170016.jpg
848KB, 2056x1092px
>>5937115
cant wait to see them all in action.
>>
>>5937228
Just checked, Marty's still the same useless guy, and not everyone who had technology has intelligence, I only saw the doctor and doc Brown had it.
I can swear they also added laser reflection to Cole for some reason, I think he didn't have it before.
>>
The Harry Potter adventure world is fun. Full of tons of small references and neat easter eggs.
Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible) is needed for two of the gold bricks so I'll pick him up tomorrow.

And there's a spot that requires Supergirl's construct ability to get some studs.
Hopefully they fucking release her and Green Arrow as a team pack next year.
>>
Anyone play through the new level packs? Are they really twice as long as year one?
>>
Anyone who played DI on Steam or redeemed a webcode is gonna get a gold edition on Steam with everything unlocked.
>>
>>5941470
>Or redeemed a webcode
Well this is neat then. But doesn't this mean we lose out on our save data?
>>
>>5941644
They said there will be a brief period to migrate your saved data from Disney severs to Steam servers. Stsy tuned to the main site.
>>
File: 1474661029026.gif (1MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474661029026.gif
1MB, 854x480px
which of the other Lego Dimension characters are worth having? or are the level pack guys enough?
>>
>>5941470
Gonna need a source on that also what kinda webcodes? If I activate a 3.0 character webcode I get 3.0?
>>
>>5938522
I didn't want to get too many skylanders this year, but I have one from almost every element on my wishlist, now.
>>
Boo, the downloads for the Wave 6 content for Lego Dimensions is broken for me on my PS4. This better be a real problem that they'll get cracking on fixing lickety split and not something stupid like 'we forgot to upload it to the Australian PSN store' before they came out in stores despite the release date being locked in for months now
>>
>>5941470
So if I were to buy a Disney Infinity 3.0 - Rise Against the Empire Play Set DLC key and activate it on steam would I get that Gold edition?
>>
>>5938522
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GILL GRUNT

>>5942600
Jake the Dog has an insane amount of uses.
>>
>>5944457
THIS TIME YOU GET TO MAKE YOUR OWN GILL GRUNT.
YOU CAN EVEN GIVE HIM TITS.
>>
>>5944467
It's not the same :(
>>
>>5942719
ill probably just buy the games and toys separately this time, that is if my old trap team portal is still compatible...and maybe unlock at least one of the Instant starters
>>
>>5939206
Looking at play-throughs on YouTube the level packs last about an hour to two hours if you don't collect everything, plus the adventure world things are also a lot bigger.
>>
>>5944574
If you're looking to save some money, just wait until Black Friday. Guaranteed at least one retailer will have the starter pack for around $40

If you really don't care about the game at all, just wait until next year. The game will probably have tons of sales like Superchargers, and with the higher price of the Skylanders themselves, we'll probably see a lot of them on sale too.

SC, I got most of the figures for like $4 from target's cartwheel sale a little while back.
>>
>>5944817
I just did the Adventure Time level last night. Easily three time as long as Back to the Future's, and that's just the areas that Finn alone can access. I'm sure if I went back to 100% it, it'd be twice the length of even the heftier Year 1 levels, like Portal or Doctor Who.

The adventure world's not too shabby either. The gold brick count is similar, but the puzzles to get the bricks are much more involved.
>>
>>5938522

I'm almost glad Disney Infinity is dead. I was hardcore on the Skylanders bandwagon when it first released and owned every single original and Giants figure. But it's just too big now and too frequently released.

I was always pissed that Disney forced marketing bullshit on the DI guys and made them release stuff like Alice and Finding Dory but man the low number of figure released really helped the wallet.

Skylanders are cool as fuck but thank god I'm out.
>>
>>5945722
I feel that. I bought all the SSA figures nearly when they came out. Giants, I got most I wanted at launch, then picked up all of the rest of them throughout the year on sales. Swap Force I tried to stick with sales but most I got full price because they were hard to find. Trap Team and Superchargers I did the smart thing and waited. I got basically all I needed by waiting for sales, some as high as 75% off. The only thing I'm really "missing" is the Sunscraper Spire from TT but thats because they never made more after the first shipment.

For Imaginators its going to be the same way. There's no need to buy anything on launch except maybe alt deco figures.
>>
Alright, so this week i get paid. which new dimension pack should i get?
>>
>>5942614
Found these:
http://help.disney.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/What-s-in-the-Gold-Editions-of-Disney-Infinity-2-0-and-Disney-Infinity-3-0?section=Disney-Infinity
http://help.disney.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-do-I-get-the-Gold-Edition-of-Disney-Infinity-3-0-on-Steam?section=Disney-Infinity

But it looks like it's only for people who bought it on Steam, I didn't see anything relating to people who played the PC version and bought stuff and redeemed codes through their site getting Steam codes.
>>
So what do you all think we can expect from year 3 of lego dimensions?
I personally am hoping for Pirates of the Carribean and maybe Mirrors edge(crack dream)
>>
>>5946320
We know that they've been listening to fan input. Apparently they're "heavily considering" Looney Tunes. They've also eliminated Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat.

We'll probably get Steven Universe since it's the most requested CN property right now.

Personally? I think Gravity Falls would be a slam dunk.
>>
>>5946350
Oh, also Scott Pilgrim is another one I'm hoping for, with the Anamanaguchi soundtrack.
>>
>>5946352
I would kill for scott pilgrim. I have every book. How would his pack(s) look?

I'm thinking his Level would be boss fights
Scott pilgrim Vs the world level pack
Scott Pilgrim Figure
Skateboard
Microphone(summons Sex Bo Bomb for a huge attack/skill)

Scott pilgrim Team Pack
Ramona Flowers
Knives Chau
Knives would have a Sai related special ability(wall climbing?)
Comes with the Cat build and a Love potion(stuns enemies).
>>
>>5946320
Wishing for classic Lego properties like Lego Island or Johnny Thunder.
>>
>>5944832
Superchargers getting all these sales was kind of a surprise, it was only after i got the game is when I realized why: the vehicle play and customization wasnt very lengthy or deep and there was zero online play, also there was less emphasis on making skylanders stronger

>>5945722
I didnt buy anything DI til gamestop's $15 starter pack deal. the character limits were practically an anti-incentive
>>
>>5946363
Three packs might be too much to hope for, but...

Scott in the level pack.
Comes with Subspace Door and Ninja Ninja Revolution.

Ramona and Knives Team Pack
Comes with Ramona's subspace suitcase and Robot-01.

Kim Pines fun pack.
Comes with Kim's drumset.

If we got a funpack, though, it'd more likely be Gideon Graves with the ability to turn into the other evil exes.
>>
>>5946394
I would be more than happy to see Lego Island characters, but if they just did a remake of that game within Dimensions I would buy it day one full price.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Look what I found, folks...

1/3
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>5948025

2/3
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>5948028
>>
>>5948028
>>5948032
Paint job isn't the series' best, but it's better than Bowser and DK last year. Shit.
>>
File: kqdxarvb9w5kw5tjmu8b.jpg (63KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
kqdxarvb9w5kw5tjmu8b.jpg
63KB, 800x445px
So apparently you can buy a 3D printed figure, or a custom NFC trading card of your custom Imaginator fucker.

I think that's a cool idea, but they just look so shitty. I don't think I'll ever piece together something worth the $50, despite the amount of pride I have in my retarded collection of children's toys.
>>
>>5948089

The price tag ($99.99) and the Crash duo being PS4-exclusive is the one thing that annoys me, although Crash and Cortex should be available later this year.
>>
>>5948111
I also assume we'll see these for a while. My walmart still has bowser and dk starter sets on markdown. I might grab some figs as they come out, but 99 is the same number of problems I have, and buying another video game right this second won't solve 1.
>>
>>5948095
$50 isn't bad at all for a color sandstone 3D print with the bells and whistles it comes with. Also, the cards have an RFID chip in them too.
>>
>>5948095
Looks kinda cool, but unless the creator can make some seriously cool shit I doubt it'll be worth it.
>>
File: resaurus-series-1-2-1-1.jpg (588KB, 1676x493px) Image search: [Google]
resaurus-series-1-2-1-1.jpg
588KB, 1676x493px
>>5948028
I really hope the PS1 remasters will generate enough hype for companies to make actual Crash figures. those old ones dont cut it anymore

>>5948095
im poor enough to afford an NFC card...if it does what it sounds like. This sounds too fun.
>>
>>5946350
I'll literally jizz myself if we get Steven Universe Lego figures.
>>
Lightseekers (the TtL game that uses larger action figures and what not) will be launching a Kickstarter tomorrow, in case some are interested here. Apparently there will be some exclusive stuff as well as a "significant" discount.

https://www.lightseekers.com/forums/topic/lightseekers-is-coming-to-kickstarter/
>>
>>5949191
a KICKSTARTER?! i thought it was already funded. i was already going to buy their toys
>>
>>5949205
I think the reality is that there is some funding, but using Kickstarter might help them expand the budget some more.
>>
>>5948330
>>5948336
>>5948482

It's not that it's not cool to get a figure or card of your custom hero, it's just that all the custom heroes I've seen so far look super retarded. They lack the charm of regular skylanders and I don't foresee myself getting too attached to one, even if I do make him say a custom catchphrase.

Like, right now on my desk I have Lob Star and Knight Mare and I have fond memories of overcoming bosses or lazy weekends dicking around with a pal. Those mean a lot more than Captain Pirate Ninja Jedi Dragon Jr ever will.
>>
>>5949561
I think the problem right now is that many of the creations we've seen have just been absolute lunacy combinations. There's no real design behind them because they're just showing off the random generations.

When some actual players get their hands on it, I think we'll see some much more refined creations
>>
I just bought a 3DS and wanted to get some Amiibos. I got Ryu and a owl for four bucks each at Target. They were on clearance. Is this fad over?
>>
>>5949924
The fad of scalpers thinking they'll make big money because of low supply is over, but they're still fun to collect if you actually give a shit. I'm looking forward to Boo and those MonHun figures.

>>5949629
I hope so, it's a little disappointing to see the main gimmick of the game look so bad because it makes me worry they'll end up losing sales and cancelling the series or something.
>>
>>5950191
From alot of the demos i've watched it seems like there's alot of parts and sets of matching parts to get so i feel like once people have the game there will be some cool stuff out there. I feel like the series has atleast one more game with them doing the netflix show they might move away from games which will be a bummer if that really does happen
>>
>>5949924
>I got Ryu and a owl
Something about that is fucking hilarious.
>>
>>5949924
People finally got wise and realized that amiibos are useless
>>
The Lightseekers KS is up. Take a look if you want. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/
>>
>>5951088
>$200k
damn, i will give what i can
>>
>>5949561
That's what I'm hoping for, that the creator can actually create some decent character if you match parts correctly. Most videos are just random shit thrown together because "lol kids" so it's hard to gauge full potential.
>>
File: Untitled.png (243KB, 994x519px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
243KB, 994x519px
Do you guys have any characters you really want to see get Amiibos? pic related
>>
>>5951088
Im really tempted but Im afraid they're going to go full mobile bullshit with microtransactions.

>>5953217
I want Badge arcade bunny and some actual Pokemon ones
>>
>>5953305
Doesn't seem like it. There probably will be some microtransactions here and there but I would assume for players who actually buy the figures or cards won't need to bother with those (perhaps digital cards or weapons can be bought, or magic find or something, so nothing important). Give their description on the page a read, it's pretty comprehensive. And if you have a question ask them wherever (their forum, fb, twitter, etc), they're quite prompt with answering.
>>
>>5953217
If Sony ever does that hypothetical Soniibo thing, Fat Princess would be a day one buy.
>>
>>5953217
>>
File: amiibo_SuperMario_char11_Daisy.0.png (727KB, 1542x1557px) Image search: [Google]
amiibo_SuperMario_char11_Daisy.0.png
727KB, 1542x1557px
>>5953475
but Nintendo is already making a fat princess Amiibo
>>
>>5948095
Can you slap that sucker on the portal and have it act like a normal Skylander?
>>
>>5953602
You call that thicc?
>>
>>5953668
Yes. The card also has a seperate chip so you can slap that on if the figure is defeated.
>>
>>5953217
>Brewster
Day one purchase, for me.

But, also I want Digimon. If we could get figures on par with the Smash designs, I'd be happy.
>>
>>5953217
Give me the bunny from Badge Arcade and let him give me 3-5 free plays a day for scanning him. I would buy him for that alone.
>>
Hello all, I just picked up Lego Dimensions today. Is there anything I need to know?

I only have the starter pack so far (with Supergirl) but here are things that I will most likely buy in the future:
100% chance I will be getting these:
Back to the Future sets
Adventure Time sets
Portal 2 sets
Lego Batman story set
A-Team fun pack
Harry Potter
some of the DC sets

75% interested:
Scooby-Doo sets
Doctor Who (never seen it but I hear that it's a really interesting pack)
Sonic the Hedgehog
Wicked Witch pack

50% interested:
Midway arcade
Fantastic Beasts Story
Mission Impossible

25% interested:
Simpsons (brother loves Simpsons)
any of the Ghostbusters (really just dislike all of Ghostbusters. [spoiler]Ghostbusters 2016 is barely worse than the original[/spoiler]

What else should I get?
>>
>>5954980
I played Mission Impossible today, loved it. Must get if you're a fan.
>>
>>5955051
I've only ever seen the one directed by Brad Bird (the one that came out before the most recent one)
>>
>>5954980
Skip on the Simpsons ones. The level isn't really fun, and it's kind of weird how only Homer is the voiced character. It just reeks of poorly negotiated licensing agreements and that takes away from the fun.
>>
>>5954980
The most important thing is to not buy anything until it's at least 40% off.

That said, Benny from the Lego Movie is pretty fun.
>>
is Dimensions challenging? It seems like you cant die...like those other lego games
>>
>>5955705
The attraction is mostly in puzzles and fanservice.

>>5955425
If you can get the level pack cheap, I think it's a ton of fun, and the archival audio of Homer doesn't bug me much since he has a fuckton of lines. If you're a fan of old school Simpsons at all it's worth it.

Bart and Krusty are hot garbage though.
>>
>>5955754
>>5955425
damn. what was the point of that whole collaboration? There wasnt even a special simpsons commercial that Scooby Doo and BttF had
>>
>>5955820
LEGO had just gotten the Simpsons license, was probably eager to add it, without knowing FOX would have all these stupid strings attached.
>>
>>5954980

Even if you don't like Ghostbusters, Slimer is a really good character.
>>
>>5955826
I think FOX or the Simpsons were just being overly stingy with the license. It's really a shame...nothing besides Homer is voiced, right? I wonder why exactly they couldn't get other voices on board..money probably?
>>
>>5957161
Only the Dan Castellaneta characters are voiced (Homer and Krusty plus some NPCs like Hans Moleman), and only in archive audio took from the show. Also the level pack is based on the episode with the coyote allucination voiced by Johnny Cash and uses archive audio for him too.
>>
>>5954980
>Ghostbusters 2016 is barely worse than the original
>>
File: dancing time.gif (4MB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
dancing time.gif
4MB, 275x206px
Anybody hyped for Imaginators this weekend? have buying plans?
>>
>>5961783
Tri-tip, Starcast, Tae Kwon Crow and Air Strike look interesting.

Mostly interested in how elements/classes will play for the Imaginators though
>>
Are Bad Cop and Benny worth getting? I might go for it if they're at Five Below.
>>
>>5961891
I was actually kind of disappointed in Bad Cop. He doesn't do a large amount beyond shooting in a boring way.
>>
>>5961783
Im excited for the make your own skylanders thing. I hope they still have the print your own skylander thing come nov/dec since I'll probably get the game around then
>>
The Skylander Creator App is out now for iOS and Android phones. It's pretty limited, looks like you can unlock more pieces every 8 and a half hours from crates.

Kind of cool, already made a hilarious bug sorcerer with spyro colors. The catchphrases are fucking amazing
>>
>>5963655
So many things we can do with "the pancake house". but i hope we can unlock more catchphrases, preferably things that make it rhyme
>>
>>5951088
So the major articulation is moving the shoulders being able to move?

I don't see knees, hips or elbows....
>>
>>5964355
There are ball joints in the hips, shoulders, and it also has elbows and neck. I think that was it. They said they considered knees but with all the potential accessories maybe it wasn't good for stability. It isn't quite "fully" articulated but they have some of the main points, so I feel it's adequate for what it is. I'm currently backed for one of the starter kits, so hopefully they turn out well.
>>
>>5964372
Just to followup with a pretty official statement from the senior designer. I too have a hard time seeing the elbows. Maybe they don't. I'm unsure.

"The exact amount of articulation varies from character to character (some types of characters/creatures warrant more or less than others), as does what kind of joints they are, but generally speaking it is head, shoulders, elbows, and legs."
>>
>>5964388
Ugh... Sorry for the chain of replies but more insight into the design, especially the lack of foot and I guess by extension knee.

"We used to have feet as well, but, while it was cool short term, when we did really long-term testing we decided against it. We want to make sure that the characters are stable, and with the amount of different equipment that can go into the three sockets they are occasionally more or less front/back heavy. With a lot of tweaking of the foot joints over time, they started to show some signs of wearing, and different types of equipment would potentially start causing some stability issues, which is why we eventually took them out. Lightseekers is a game we plan to be continuously updating and adding new stuff to over many years to come, so we want the characters to also stay with it."
>>
Yah guys seen this yet?
https://youtu.be/FeMStkCW2LY
>>
So which game franchise is most likely for LEGO Dimensions?

Minecraft
Pros
>Popular with kids
>Proven cross generational appeal
>LEGO already has the license

FN@F
Pros
>Popular with kids, cross generational appeal
>WB, which produces the game, is producing the movie
Cons
>Movie not out until 2018 at the earliest
>McFarlene toys holds building toy license, unknown terms and limits

Mega Man
Pros
>Popular LEGO Ideas pitch, ala Dr. Who and Portal
>Upcoming cartoon means promotional opportunities
>>
File: skylanders-creator-app-5.jpg (3MB, 2732x2048px) Image search: [Google]
skylanders-creator-app-5.jpg
3MB, 2732x2048px
There's a new app for skylanders imaginators on the app store called Skylanders Creator, and it actually gives a preview of the characters you create in-game at no cost, with parts unlocking automatically after a set amount of time. Best of all, once you find a look that you like, you can send it to the game and save it to the crystal. It's a great thing to have for planning your characters.
>>
File: Image-1.jpg (76KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Image-1.jpg
76KB, 512x512px
>>5963655
>>5964888
So I was maybe the most skeptical of the gimmick, but I've been kind of dicking around with basic starter stuff and ended up with about 3 characters I want to play with. I actually may end up buying one of those custom figures after all, because I am the problem..
>>
>>5964888
It seems that the gimmick of choosing a class/element is the different kind of attacks you get. now i just need to see which ones work together
>>
>>5964888
>>5963655

hurry! before they probably patch it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGAAB_y0P5g
>>
>>5965468
It's pretty much this. Your chosen class determines your selection of primary attacks and secret techniques, while your element determines your selection of secondary attacks and passive abilities/tertiary attacks.

>>5965388
I'd say the ability to preview the characters you want more or less cancels out the class-locking problem, but only for those who know how to plan ahead.
>>
File: Moana-Disney-Infinity.png (213KB, 1263x716px) Image search: [Google]
Moana-Disney-Infinity.png
213KB, 1263x716px
we could have had it all
>>
>>5965674
I don't care about Moana all that much but fuck Disney for being the kind of company who cancels something effective immediately.
Just let them see out the rest of the planned series and don't order any more after, jesus. Especially since it was still actually making money, so it'd be no real loss to produce the remaining figures.
>>
>>5953217
I haven't given a cent to badge arcade but would buy an amiibo of the bunny in an instant.
>>
>>5965674
oh wow. two more melee characters that throw a thing
>>
>>5965700
>was actually making money
>disney cancelled an unprofitable, and might I add, terrible game rightfully so

No thank you
>>
>>5965788
It was profitable you dingus, it just wasn't profitable 'enough' for them.
>>
>>5965788
It was profitable by a good deal though, Disney just didn't like the amount of profit and the overstock of figures(Which is their own fault since they produced tons of figures that shelfwarmed like crazy). For crying out loud, it was the top TTL game even if the quality of the actual game left a huge amount to be desired.
>>
>>5965896

By their own reports, they still made mad profit.

But they took a slight dip in revenue with 3.0 vs 2.0. This was enough reason for them to pull the plug, according to them.

The real reason becomes clear once you see what else went down with Infinity. Their entire video development and publishing branch. That's completely gone, and it's mainly due to Star Wars Battlefront.

Despite how much /v/ said it was the new Tortanic, the game was a huge success. And it didn't cost Disney a penny to develop it. License that shit out for a nice fee and receive a return from the profits it generates at launch and from DLC.

They don't have to have anyone on their payroll to develop the game, pay licensing fees for the big 3 to publish and update their game, or in the case of DI, pay manufacturing plants.

DI made money. They were the leader of the market. But Disney wasn't interested in being the leader. They wanted to outright dominate. All the shelf space dedicated to Disney, barely any left for the rest. Since they couldn't have it all and a much cost efficient deal popped up, they just canned everything.
>>
>>5965956
There's a bigger picture too. Disney Land Shanghai is hemmoraging money, with extensive rebuilds needed to bring it up to snuff. Disney paid the NBA a billion dollars to get the rights to air their games on ESPN. All this meant that Disney was going to show a net loss on their stock reports unless they did something drastic.

ABC was hit too. Muppets and Galavant were cancelled and all the Marvel shows except AoS and Netflix halted production and preproduction.
>>
https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/1-blog/post/90

Year 3 set? I could see a Beatle figure that turns into the other ones and maybe a Jeremy Hillary Boob fun set.

Imagine that Adventure World.
>>
>google Skylanders release date
>Oct. 13
>go to Target and find the PS4 set with a nicely painted Crash
>they have the sensei I wanted
>checkout says the game doesn't come out until the 16th

I swear this happens every single time I go to Target. I wanted to buy some PSMove controllers yesterday and they said I can't buy those until today, but they were out.
>>
>>5966859
Yeah it's weird seeing a bunch of non us places get the game first. must be some sort of distribution reasons or something
>>5965388
I felt the same way with seeing alot of the bad creations from E3 gameplay but now being able to mess around with it was enough to make me stop and wait for the full game so i can see everything. Havent been this excited for Skylanders in awhile
>>
>>5966959
I know, deep down, that these traditionally release on Sundays, so I should have known. It's just that none of the advertisements I've seen are clear. Even the preorder cards at the store just kind of say "Fall" or "2016". With the PSVR releasing this day too, I just thought it was a big game day.
>>
>>5965896
I think im also to blame for it going down. I havent bought a single game or toy since the first one. I played a few minutes at D23 and noticed most characters were essentially the same. it extremely didnt help when i found out that a character's use wasn't unlimited outside of the dead Toybox mode.

I think Dimensions killed it too, all those licenses and no limits
>>
>>5964467
holy shit Norm McDonald is a Skylander
>>
>>5967147
>I think Dimensions killed it too, all those licenses and no limits
Dimensions market share was miniscule the first year, but apparently it was enough to make them worried.

I hear a lot of Infinity fans migrated to Dimensions soon after it folded. I know I did.
>>
>>5967210
One thing Dimensions does right by far is allowing the cross-license interactions. For whatever reason, Infinity just got set up incorrectly and it made things difficult to improve as they continued on.

The other thing Dimensions has is that [hilarious black spoiler text]it has actual toys
>>
>>5967255
It also had a proper story mode day one.
>>
I want to see the Blues Brothers in Lego Dimensions.
>>
>>5965771
>implying the gameplay matters more than getting a nice, cheap figure
>>
>>5966297
>Muppets and Galavant were cancelled

That was more due to the new president than anything. Galavant had terrible ratings in season 1 and only got a renewal because the president of ABC liked giving shows time to develop followings or give chances to shows that were well written or potentially interesting and refreshing, instead of "welp, wasn't an instant success--AXED." The new person they brought in has no such sentiment.
>>
File: 6107000440472.jpg (70KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
6107000440472.jpg
70KB, 470x470px
>>5968106
>buying a character that does what everyone else does
>nice, cheap figure
>doesnt even come with his cool cane
XD
XD
XD
>>
>>5968155
>buying a character that does what everyone else does

Who cares?

Those figures are pretty fug looking, especially Moana, who looks like she got hit with a shovel compared to the planned Infinity figure.
>>
Which do you guys think will end next, Dimensions, Skylanders, or Amiibo?
>>
>>5968268

Doesn't Skylanders have a planned end?
>>
>>5968268
Amiibo seems to be petering out.
>>
>>5968304
>Activision
>planned end
I won't go that far, but they do seem to plan things out better than the other series. If they have a logical big next step or reason to bail completely, they would be the only ones to do it.

>>5968268
Amiibo's biggest weakness is that some people think of them as the worst form of DLC ever, and some people see them as wasted potential for the best form of DLC ever. Either way, it's not really a toys-to-life scenario that captures the fun magic that Skylanders and Infinity did. I think the collectable aspect is still there, but now that they make enough to go around it kind of hurts the inflated value and I see them shelfwarming left and right.

If the Nintendo NX comes out and revives the line, I won't be surprised. But, it really seems to be losing momentum.
>>
>>5968502
>>5968304
If the netflix show does really well, I'd honestly like to see the series go to a bi-annual endeavor. Let the game breathe for an extra year and continue pumping out figures for it (although this would mean probably more repeat figures)

Or in the least, use the extra time to develop more reprints of older figures and sets in a "Skylanders Legacy" collection. Plus having the extra time for devs.

>>5968375
>>5968502
Yeah the problem with amiibos is they don't have the same sort of thing going on as Infinity and Skylanders. They need to do MORE than just unlocking a skin or some little bonus. I want to PLAY as that character or something.

I think with NX we'll likely see it being moved into a bigger universe where all these figures can play together. Nintendo had to have seen the possibilities with Infinity and Skylanders where things can play together even if it ruins a "narrative". Smash is the perfect example of it, but one game alone cannot support the brand.
>>
>>5964888

I might buy a custom Skylander. The thing is though, do I have to put on all that gear for stats or can I just have a basic one made and put on all that shit later in game? I say this because a lot of the gear is like huge and kind of just overshadows the skylander.
>>
>>5968268
Lego is always known to end something early: the Bionicle rebot, non-star wars line, Universe...ill be surprised if we get a 4th year of Dimensions
>>
>>5968502
Amiibo also shot themself in the foot with stock. I'll give them the first year because it's reasonable of them to play it safe by making Mario and co. outnumber the literally whos like Wii Fit Trainer.
They completely overestimated AC's fanbase and made too many.
>>
>>5968665
Harry Potter, Star Wars, and to a lesser extent Superheroes beg to differ.
>>
PSN has Marvel Avengers and TFA on sale, which should I get?
>>
>>5968538
>They need to do MORE than just unlocking a skin or some little bonus
You're not wrong, but I kind of liked the idea of them just unlocking little bonuses, but little bonuses across several games. It's neat how I can play an NPC fight on Smashbros and train up my guy in the game or some shit, but then take my favorite Bowser buddy and unlock a Bowser skin in Yoshi Wooly World and then a Bowser skin in Metroid, and a level on the Mario vs Donkey Kong game, etc. Every time I hear that we get Amiibo support in a game, I get a little excited that I'm getting more value for the collection I've already invested in, and then I get my hopes dashed when it doesn't actually do anything. Like, how in Metroid all the Amiibo besides the Metroid-themed ones will reward the same costume. I have these Splatoon amiibos on my desk right now because they look nice, but there is 0 game value for owning Callie and Marie.
>>
>>5968703
Star Wars and Superheroes arent cancelled yet. Harry Potter is on hiatus until the next movie whenever that is
>>
>>5968502
The fact Nintendo hasn't done a TtL game like everyone else astounds me. Release it for free but everything requires you to buy figures, and if you own X amount of figures from certain lines you unlock what amounts to a playset for that line. Then release a version that you pay for that has an exclusive Amiibo of a character in the game, and gives you a portal so you don't need to tap the thing on the NFC reader whenever you complete something.
>>
>>5968691
>They completely overestimated AC's fanbase and made too many.

It also doesn't help the line when the games that do use them are bloody awful.
>>
>>5969044

It's a shit idea because of, as you mentioned, how inconsistent and useless it is

The "bonuses" you get are trivial as fuck. Not every amiibo is guaranteed to be supported, and if they are, there is no guarantee that they'll do anything unique. The worst part is how much of a uoje the forward compatibility is. Just look at anything LOZ related. The release a new mini wave specifically for the new game, and the previous figures do jack shit. I know the obvious reason is to push the new tots but the gimmick of "compatible with everything!" loses its charm when the Link Amiibo you bought before only gives you horse shit compared to the shiny new Link.
>>
>>5969637
Yeah, that's another good point. I was looking at the Breasts of the Wild(tm) amiibos and one of them is the weird shrine golem monsters you fight, and as neat as the sculpt is and as neat as it would be to have a complete set, is there any chances at all that we'll ever see that used in any future Nintendo game ever? Is that going to be a recurring character? Do we unlock him in Mario Party next year or some shit? Of course not.
>>
>>5961783
I don't know what I want outside of the starter set, for now. I'm just hopeful my Best Buy actually stocks the stuff on the shelf this time. Last year there seemed to be some confusion on what the release date was and I want my damn game discount applied to my damn toys for children.
>>
File: pachabags.png (1MB, 554x605px) Image search: [Google]
pachabags.png
1MB, 554x605px
Does any US store have sales on senseis tomorrow?
>>
Found Lego Dimensions Harry Potter and Mission Impossible for 25% off because the boxes are fucked up.

Yes or no? Don't really own any Year 2 franchises since money is tight, but it's on sale...
>>
>>5970712
M:I level is fun, and the bike build is neat. I am a M:I fan and the chance for a Tom Cruise mini-fig was too great for me to pass up.
>>
>>5970694
Day one sales?
I don't think I saw any, but I could stand to do more research. I think the closest I saw was a preorder bonus of getting a free Kaos.
>>
>>5970694
TRU has the following

-2 for $10 Imaginite chests
-3 for $25 Creation crystals
-Free Creation Crystal when you buy the Air Strike set
-Free Kaos when you buy the starter pack
>>
HYPE

I lucked out, the Gamestop I preordered from had all wave 1 & 2 figures. Crash preorder will arrive in mail tomorrow
>>
>>5971255
Do we have a list of the waves? I don't know what I'm looking for. I just bought the fire samurai waifu and a starter set. My Target didn't have much, and the guy was not willing to go in the back and finish putting the rest out.
>>
>>5971666
http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/imaginators-release-dates/

and it doesnt look like theyll be doing Elites this year, i just havent heard a single thing about them
>>
You think the Skylanders games could get as big as a community as say, Smash Bros or Overwatch if it had online play? I both the latter and Skylanders are made by the same company, and many characters have moves and/or potential suitable for competitive play. E.g. Sprocket has a lot of moves in common with Torbjorn, being focused on field control through turrets.
>>
>>5971907
No because the idea of a physical DLC turns too many people off. I'd be fun as hell though.
>>
>>5971803
I knew that site existed. For whatever reason Google was not helping me out too much. Thanks for the link.
>>
>>5971907
I feel like it would need more autistic fans to work, because it does have balance issues like Smash.

Realistically, though, I would love if it had a lasting impression like, say, Spyro and his games. There doesn't seem to be a huge demand for these mascot platformers, but man if I was 8 and this game came out, it would have been my crack. Even with only one or two favorite figures to use, this is what I would spend all my weekends on, growing up. I feel like I would nostalgia hard 20 years later about those little figs and the goofy story and crap, and invest in a shitty nostalgia kickstarter if given the chance.

But, competitive Skylanders doesn't sound realistic, to me. At least as we know it today.
>>
I avtually really wanted a tourney scene for DI when it was active.

Apparently the LD multiplayer mode is fairly deep, but I doubt it's tourney worthy.
>>
>>5972082
This is true, as Superchargers demonstrated, but that was only with the vehicles and not with the characters themselves. If the games focused more on the playable characters-- possibly by making their abilities more technical and less straightforward-- and less on building the world, then competitive play might have a chance.

>>5972252
Considering that the franchise has been going on for five years now, and that since the first game kids have been developing bonds with the characters ( like here: http://www.nintendo-difference.com/dossier22916-interview-spyro-avec-jared-yeager.htm#chap_0) then it could definitely turn out like you described.
>>
>>5972262
the LD multiplayer is an absolute clusterfuck

it could be tourney-worth if it had settings and didn't force four-player split-screen
>>
>>5971907
I think it could work well if they had a moba.
>>
>>5953217
Ashley from WarioWare
Ice Climbers
Meowth
Nikki
>>5953542
>>
File: FerbIN.jpg (19KB, 229x313px) Image search: [Google]
FerbIN.jpg
19KB, 229x313px
I will never not be mad that Ferb didn't happen.

It's so goddamn weird having Phineas all by himself. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>5972306
I think that could be the best way to go, but we wouldn't want it to turn out like LoL, especially for the target audience.

...that said, in hindsight, maybe online should only be restricted to friends, or at the very least significantly limited like splatoon's.
>>
I think a big obstacle to a Skylanders competitive scene is the fact that each iteration's gimmicks become less important as time goes on.

Does anyone still care about Trap Team crystals?
>>
>>5972437
That's definitely a good point, though from what I've seen is that in most games, the gimmick usually forms a huge part if not the entirety of sidequests and content that aren't needed to complete the main story. Superchargers is an exception to this, since the vehicle included within the starter pack is necessary to traverse sections of levels, but short of that, the gimmicks only need to be acknowledged by the player if they want to continue buying content for the game. And since the only thing consistent throughout the series is the characters, I don't think any gimmicks will be allowed in competition, for the sake of simplicity.

Relatedly, it seems that the DarkSpyro forums came up with a tier-based ranking system for figures, even taking different paths into consideration:
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=133238
>>
>>5972437
>Does anyone still care about Trap Team crystals?
I do. those were their coolest gimmick alongside the talking portal.

but yeah, ive learned that things like Adventure packs, magic items and vehicles aren't worth owning entirely when it comes to future games. I own Double Autism Trigger Happy because it was the only way to get the character without the vehicle and trophy, at least back then.
>>
>>5972617
Their Swap force list is terrible, Spy Rise i agree with, but Magna Charge isnt listed
>>
>>5971907
I think so if they actually put some work into what the figures can do, and have more than just branching paths. Back in SSA and Giants, the community did work out who was the best for the arena battle modes with I believe high points for Drobot (Who was OP with the rapid fire laser blasts and could do like 30 points of damage every quarter second) and Stump Smash with the acorn thing because it causes a high amount of damage.

Something like that could be interesting where they'd have tournaments to go to and you bring your skylander with you since it has your save on it and everything.
>>
File: ChaseVariant.png (477KB, 600x472px) Image search: [Google]
ChaseVariant.png
477KB, 600x472px
Look what I found!
>>
File: bad ideas, worse names.png (205KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
bad ideas, worse names.png
205KB, 700x420px
>>5964888
I'm pleasantly surprised by the creator, despite all the obvious limitations. Wish gear didn't influence stats. I'd almost be tempted to buy a custom figure if the 3D printed versions of Sir Hoodington and some random press guy's Fire Smasher didn't look so fuzzy and low detail.

>>5968547
Chances are you're basically getting a pre-filled crystal inside a fancy sandstone figure/card. So you'd be able to further customize things at a later time. Probably wouldn't hurt to wait and make sure. I'm sure one of the one thousand or so guys with orders already made will have a review sooner or later.

>>5972437
It's not like the Trap Team, Villain Traps, or Superchargers were good gimmicks, anyway. Giants and Swap Force at least made sense for premium lines of figures and had abilities that flowed naturally from the gimmick. Too bad somebody got rid of all the rocks in Skylands.
>>
Date for Bayo?
>>
Anyone know how those mystery chests work for Imaginators? Aren't they the same parts found in the Phone App?
>>
>>5973929
They're basically a way to unlock all the parts quicker just by buying them, depending on the chest you get in the pack the rarer the items are and the more you get (gold,silver,bronze) they dont have any exclusive parts
>>
>>5973929
They're kind of the same as any of the blind bag treasure you get by playing the game. I bought one and got like 7 random pieces of shit to use, I don't think there's much value to them since you can just play the game and end up with some good stuff. If you beat the entire game and find yourself saying "But what if I want a dozen more random arms I haven't unlocked!?!?" then think about it then, but I'm sure I'll see them on sale at some point when stores get sick of them.
>>
>>5973936
>>5973934

Well thankfully I have the phone app and I did the unlock trick so I pretty much have all the parts available atm.
>>
File: IMG_8441.png (481KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8441.png
481KB, 512x512px
Original autismo: don't not steal.
>>
File: 1467605237637.png (18KB, 146x187px) Image search: [Google]
1467605237637.png
18KB, 146x187px
>still no release date at all for the Bayonetta amiibo
>>
>>5974064

>don't not steal
so... steal?
>>
>>5974096
>still wanting skylanders that do nothing
>>
>>5974641
Well, you can train her how to do custom combos and sweet aerial raves.
>>
>>5974641
>still wanting skylanders
>>
So niggas.
How is Imaginators?
>>
>>5975311
It's quickly becoming my favorite skylanders game to date, making characters is really fun i'm gonna buy so many of these damn crystals, the figures are really nice compared to Superchargers
>>
>>5975327
I really liked Superchargers.
>>
>>5975334
Superchargers wasnt great for replay ability as someone who buys all the figures, just ended up skipping driving sections to level up guys and do the actual playing as skylanders parts
>>
Has anyone purchased those mystery treasure boxes yet? Apparently any duplicates parts/gear you get enhances those stats but I can't find anyone to confirm that.

Other than that, can one get duplicate parts by just replaying the game? Would be nice not having to sacrifice the looks of the skylander just for the sake of stats.
>>
>>5975352
Yes it is, I got duplicate parts from having Golden Queen and Dark Golden Queen figures and they both gave me the same headgear and added to the stat of that part and upped my imaginator level cap, I havent gotten to the point in the game where i'm getting dupes from the in game chests over new parts though so i dont know how that whole aspect works
>>
Is Crash completely a Sony exclusive thing or can I still use him on the Xbone version as long as I have the figures?
>>
>>5975649
He and Cortex work on all consoles, but as of right now the only way to get them is with the PS4 starter bundle, there's a pack with both of them coming later this year
>>
>>5975653

Cool

I only have an Xbone but I really want the Crash and Cortex figs
>>
>>5969311
They sort of did one for the 3DS and WiiU for free. It only worked with a handful of Amiibo figures to get some mini games and the rest just gave you a default character if you used another Amiibo.

I used to have some download codes left that were hanging on the display.
>>
>>5973937
In the app, yeah.
That doesn't transfer to the game.
>>
>>5975311
I actually didn't even finish Superchargers. I would begin to get into the driving segment and start to enjoy it, and then it ends and goes back to platforming. The pacing was just a little weird. That, and I didn't care for most of the new characters, especially after the fun of getting badguys.

But man, Imaginators is occupying my playtime a lot. The created characters feel super personal. I put just a little time into making one I like, but it means so much more when that levels up. Levels have all felt pretty clever, too.
>>
>>5975846

True, but at least it helps equip your char with some good gear no?
>>
>>5975311
It's ok, but the story/bosses are horrible. Skylanders usually doesn't have good story, but it's legitimately awful how bad it is.
>>
>>5975230
you mean YOU dont know how?
>>
File: Chopscotch-figure.jpg (235KB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Chopscotch-figure.jpg
235KB, 2000x1400px
Guys have you met my waifu?
>>
Really glad I played the waiting game on the Animal Crossing amiibo. They're practically just giving them away now. First time I've bought Amiibos in more than a year.
>>
File: Untitled.png (587KB, 697x424px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
587KB, 697x424px
>>5976151
already claimed fit waifu
>>
>>5976164
More like shit waifu.
>>
What does Kaos do? I can order the set with a free Kaos, I know it allows playing as him but does he unlock anything as a sensei?
>>
>>5976338
Your imaginator level cap goes up by one. He also comes with his Sky Chi super-move unlocked.
>>
>>5976411
Is there class specific things?
Like "You need a brawler sensei for this door"
>>
>>5976414
Yeah, there's shrines within levels that require a battleclass to open (ex: brawler shrine) and there's extra levels that require a sensei of a respective element.
>>
>>5976454
Fuck.
I hate that shit.
Okay, thanks for letting me know!
>>
>>5976158
Still fucking salty about that shit. I actually thought Amiibo Festival would be comfy and fun but it just turned out to be bland and completely boring.

Burnt so hard that I keep second guessing if I should just wait out Super Mario Wave 2.
>>
>>5976559
Not to mention the guy in last place can suddenly win out of fucking nowhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx8IP4u2BOY
>>
>>5976577
That's just called playing the stalk market.
I always go all in in the last week to try and pull ahead via money, which can buy happiness at a rate of 1000 bells per happy.
>>
>>5976632
Winning 75,000 bells on the very last turn is "Playing the stalk market"?
>>
>>5976659
Yeah, it's the strategy I always go with.
Try to get my hands on a fluctuate the prices card, hold onto it to the last turn, after which I spend all my bells on turnips, play the card and try to get massive returns using the villager cards I moved in who when tapped, roll a dice with a 2 in 6 chance of coming up with their lucky number.
>>
>>5976720
No, the video I linked has Arin randomly get 75,000 Bels out of fucking nowhere because of the event on the space he landed on, rocketing him from 3rd to winning immediately.
>>
>>5976727
They should've learned that shit back in Mario Party 1. They have no excuse.
>>
Picked up the dark edition of Imaginators. I was gonna wait, but I figure I could sell the figures / Crystals and get a chunk of my money back.

Is it true the chests are literal one time use items? seems like a waste.
>>
>>5977839
i dont think dark skylanders are ever valuable enough to even pay half of the pack. shortpacked (special edition) skylanders are another story. youre really better off buying the game itself and other figures pre-owned if you already have at least a trap team portal.

and the chests apparently are one-time, not sure if per save or forever. also are they ACTUAL chests or just cards or something?
>>
>>5977867
They are actual chests. And they are once per player. Using on a different console or a different login makes it work again.
>>
File: absolutelydisgust.png (114KB, 245x244px) Image search: [Google]
absolutelydisgust.png
114KB, 245x244px
>>5977839
>Dark Edition
>Not Crash Edition
>>
>>5977875
Maybe i can use them for props when i find them on clearance or a swap meet
>>
When's Crash coming out without the starter pack?
>>
just wanted to blog and say im done with Infinity now. only other expansions i bought were Takeover and Force Awakens. im sad that ill never spam Finn and Ahsoka ever again, but Infinity was a mistake from the very start.
>>
>>5977867
I can sell the creation crystals right now for about 50 bucks, and another 20 each for the senseis.
>>
>>5978187
Sure you can bud
>>
>>5978017

I'm tempted to sell my infinity collection

Without a game to support it, the figures lose their charm.
>>
File: 20161002102013_1.jpg (36KB, 590x317px) Image search: [Google]
20161002102013_1.jpg
36KB, 590x317px
Should I get falco or bowser as my first amiibo?
>>
>>5978588

Why would you want a "figure" of Bowser when there are plenty of them when there's almost nothing for Falco ?

But maybe you are a diehard fan of Bowser ?

I'd go for Falco
>>
>>5978551
But the game still works...
>>
>>5978588
get Falco, if you want bowser, just get Skylanders Bowser because he's both

>>5978551
>>5978644
What else is there to do in the game? Do pointless quests? Max level your characters? Place buildings and fight bad guys in an empty soulless world? Where will they go from there?

Someday, this will be the fate of Skylands
>>
>>5978712
>What else is there to do in the game? Do pointless quests? Max level your characters? Place buildings and fight bad guys in an empty soulless world? Where will they go from there?

It's a sandbox, like Minecraft. I get that some people don't get Minecraft either, but worldbuilding is a valid game type, and the amount of tools they give you in the Toybox is substantial.
>>
>>5978753
Good point. I guess I should go play Minecraft.
>>
>>5978551
Me too but mainly just cause the game sucks. It got better from 1.0 to 3.0, sure, but it was never good. I can see how people got excited about it due to its ambition, but actually playing the damn thing was quite a bore.
>>
>>5978753
>the amount of tools they give you in the Toybox is substantial.

Toybox is also incredibly limited thanks to their insistence on supporting older gen consoles. The PC version is gimped due to their drop in support, and the online functionality is going to see the chopping block real soon.

>>5978712
>Someday, this will be the fate of Skylands

Skylanders at the very least has actual RPG elements and a decent campaign. It's a decent package on its own. Infinity requires you to buy that shit separately and they're nowhere nearly as polished as the shit Skylanders has.

Crash's level alone blows everything Infinity has to offer out of the water.
>>
>>5979042

My interest in the series was the fact that they were actually improving on the formula with each entry. Slowly, but they were getting to making a fun little platforming game with build tools. I only started collecting early on because I was expecting great things with future installments.

And then they pulled the plug.
>>
File: GoldenQueenAward.png (661KB, 599x491px) Image search: [Google]
GoldenQueenAward.png
661KB, 599x491px
>Ranged Attacker.
>Summons Attacking Bits that she can hide behind and support.
>Can turn HYOOJ at-will and indefinately.
>Super-arts is literally summoning one of the Biblical Plagues.

Why is Golden Queen so awesome, /ttl/?
>>
>actual hub world this time
>semi-randomized loot
>those snails you chase
>fragility of older characters
Skylanders is turning into Diablo and I love it
>>
>>5979479
ehh...these guys look better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIO4M3fhRUE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W-sPY3xZjo
>>
>>5979487

I wish it had online
>>
how are different elements different in the same class?

is an undead brawler the same as a fire one?

how much stuff is hidden behind paywalls(getting more senseis, etc)?
>>
>>5980688
Battle classes grant 2 standard attacks and Elemental attacks are the extra one. you can alternate between different attacks per class and per element, but it's not the same kind of skill tree that the landers have. It's all about choosing which crystal to buy and what class it will be

an Undead or Fire Brawler will "standard attack" the same ways, but they each have different elemental attacks. Undead will make tombstones rise from the ground, while Fire does something else

Imaginators sells imaginite chests parts. you can buy the chest toys or buy it digitally.
>>
>>5980688
You can download the app and dick around with custom characters a bit to get a sneak peek at the attacks and stuff, but basically you get to choose from 4 different attacks based on your element, and the class dictates pretty much everything else. So, if you want an archer that can also dash around on fire or summon meteors, you can assign archer to the fire imaginator. If you want a ninja that dashes around on fire or summons meteors, etc.

The paywall stuff is mostly just a few cosmetic items as usual. Each element has a sensei stage that unlocks a custom weapon, voice, and magical aura thing, but you don't miss out on a whole lot by skipping those. Each class of sensei also unlocks an additional attack for that class of Imaginator. So, if you activate any of the sorcerer sensei characters, you get access to the one attack that is locked behind that paywall.

Other than those things, you can create a lot of fun characters and play most of the levels with just the starter set and still have fun with your old dudes if you like.
>>
>>5980725
>still have fun with your old dudes if you like.
Haven't many of the old characters been nerfed super hard damage wise?
>>
>>5980874
Never before has the phrase "git gud" been appropriate for /toy/
>>
>>5980688

Element determines your secondary attack list. (Primary and Special attacks are tied to combat style)

Each element has a level locked behind it which a sensei of that element will unlock. Each creation crystal element unlocks a set of five parts. There will also be three level packs. Other items and equipment are not price-locked and can be farmed in the levels, so the microtransactions are largely pointless.
>>
>>5979487
>>5980874

Not either of these guys, but is this true?
>>
File: 1409777710757.jpg (36KB, 558x412px) Image search: [Google]
1409777710757.jpg
36KB, 558x412px
wait what the fuck? was watching a light sorc video and the skills were magic purple in color.

Are imaginators core skills the same color regardless of element?
>>
>>5953217

>brewster
>cooking mama

Excellent taste

>>5953475
same
>>
>>5980874
Nooo not my Drill Sergeant
>>
>>5965674
NEVER EVER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeBLcFlsJdg
>>
File: dr-strange2-640x360.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dr-strange2-640x360.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
>>5965674
RIP
>>
Picked up Kaos and Halloween Chopscotch yesterday. I really fucking love these boxes they're in. They feel "premium" if that makes sense and I think that's what they were going for over the bubble cards of Infinity/Amiibo and the angular boxes of the Dimensions figures.

I'm quite tempted to not take them out of their boxes at all this time because they look so good in there. It's kind of difficult for me to put them up on the wall though. I have a little side area next to my shelves I put the special editions on and Trap Team was a pain in the ass with Trap Masters. Maybe I'll have to get longer nails to hang them off of or something kek
>>
>>5981756
Yeah, the packaging is kind of nice. But, really I'm just happy that the sculpts and designs feel a bit better than Superchargers. I skipped last year both as a gamer and a collector, and it's fun getting back into it.
>>
hey guys look CTR in HD on PS4 XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUF1Ni9jSXQ
>>
>>5982131

Drift game looks pretty fucking weak

I can't Dejavu to this
>>
I have about $65 worth of Lego VIP Points.

Do I use it for Dimensions, or do I just use it for regular Lego? I'm weary about Dimensions since it's always on fucking sale.
>>
>>5982286
It is on fucking sale a lot. Maybe grab a couple level packs if you're afraid of not finding them later, but being more realistic you may get more bang for your buck in regular sets.
>>
>>5982397
I'm thinking about that, but Wave 2 of Dimensions shouldn't go on sale for a while, right?
>>
>>5982403
No, it may not. Anything that releases after black friday typically holds its price through the rest of the year. I don't remember if wave 2 is Nov or Dec, though.
>>
File: Full of Shit Ducreux.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Full of Shit Ducreux.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>5954980
>Ghostbusters 2016 is barely worse than the origina
>>
>>5982403
Target Cartwheel has it for 40% off.
>>
>>5982492
>tfw Canadian

I wish Target was still around ;_;
>>
File: insomniglare.png (247KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
insomniglare.png
247KB, 590x590px
>>5982854
You got to enjoy their closing sales, I have no sympathy for you.
>>
>>5982883
I did not. The best deal they had was 20% off. That's literally a 7% discount if you factor in the 13% sales tax.
>>
>>5982886
Actually, no, that's still a 20% discount, since that 13% sales tax also goes down by 20%.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
Which vehicles are the best? Unless theyre all the same, even if say one mech has a gun arm while one doesnt.
>>
>>5983322
Which iron man is this
>>
>>5983323
The LETS HIT THOSE SHOWERS Buster
>>
>>5983322
The cars are essentially the same. Homers car is the only one that can tow without an upgrade, but thats about it.
>>
Anyone spring for one of those 3D Printed Skylanders?

I'm half tempted, but im sure it'll look like a painted sponge.
>>
>>5985325
They were sold out like instantly. Im not even sure if anyone on DarkSpyro was able to get one. We'll probably see them starting to arrive in a few weeks maybe.
>>
>>5985371
Sold out? Did they commit to only printing so many?
>>
>>5986124
I don't think anyone knows. Just that it continues to be "sold out".
>>
File: amiibo-peach.jpg (52KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
amiibo-peach.jpg
52KB, 800x800px
I'm thinking of buying one or two Amiibo for reasons, but I heard their quality is quite random. Can I get some suggestions? I'm a fucking casual, played some Nintendo games and know the main cast but that is all.

I prefer cute [spoiler]slutty[/spoiler] females.

Do the official display case worth it?
>>
>>5986723
Quality is only really bad for the Fire Emblem figures and Palutena, they got themselves together after they started rereleasing figures and everything past the second wave of figures, especially from Animal Crossing onward, have been pretty great.
>>
>>5986124
>>5986313
they did constantly disclaim "limited quatities". i guess the demand was high while supply was unexpectedly
>>
>>5986723
Don't buy that Peach. The Mario Peach is better than the SSB Peach in quality.
>>
File: amiibo-case-large-640x400.jpg (20KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
amiibo-case-large-640x400.jpg
20KB, 640x400px
>>5986726
>>5986843
Thanks for the answers. Do these display cases worth the purchase if I only want to buy a few figures?
Do every figure fit in them? Because it seems there are quite a height difference between some characters and the Disney Infinity case didn't fit all characters.
>>
>>5986878
I want to make this clear I don't own those, but from owning a single Disney Infinity case (It came with my Stitch) I would say it's probably better to just not waste the money on the protective case. They take up way more space on a shelf than just the figure alone, the chance of you damaging something on said shelf is pretty low, and if you want to use the Amiibo on a game for example now you have to lug this gigantic box instead of just the Amiibo.

>>5986843
The plastic quality might be better on the MP Peach but the SSB Peach has a much better pose and feels much more detailed.
>>
File: goof.jpg (79KB, 1277x720px) Image search: [Google]
goof.jpg
79KB, 1277x720px
>>5981471
>>5981473
>>5965674

>tfw we never got Goofy.
>The holy trinity will never be complete.
>>
>>5986890
>another melee character that throws a thing
>>
File: i-know-that-feel.jpg (16KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
i-know-that-feel.jpg
16KB, 500x461px
>>5982854
A 100% with you, brother in leaf. I miss that store ;-;
>>
>>5986878
Just my opinion, but protective cases just seem pretentious for stuff when they're not valuable. Protecting your autographed baseball handed down to you from your grandfather? Sure. A hunk of plastic literally anyone can buy at the store for $10? Waste. Unless you're ironically going for the pretentious look, which I totally support.
>>
>>5987461
Considering most of my Toybox levels consisted of unique gimmicks rather than a generic combat level this criticism is irrelevant.
>>
>>5986827
Well that's a little frustrating. I wanted to unlock the gear I liked and then consider a figure print, but if they sold out day one it really only worked out for the folks who used that time cheat thing to get all the shit they wanted.

Snooze you lose, I guess, but that's sort of a bummer.
>>
File: IMG_8590.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8590.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>>5988507
Same. Now my
TechBromancer will never live.
>>
>>5988647
I like that.
Are they sold out of cards, too? Honestly the card might be better since it doesn't come out looking like a sponge anyways.
>>
File: hoodington.jpg (438KB, 1080x1620px) Image search: [Google]
hoodington.jpg
438KB, 1080x1620px
>>5986881
Smash Peach really suffers in the face region. The Mario Peach amiibo looks significantly more accurate and Peachy overall, even if her pose isn't as dynamic.

>>5988647
>>5988507
3D printed Imaginators will likely look closer to this than the Skylanders you can buy at a store. I read that they're having Shapeways make them out of sandstone.

>>5981025
>Not either of these guys, but is this true?
The FAQ on the Activision web site that confirms that older Skylanders by and large are intentionally made weaker than the Imaginators/Senseis. There's been a lot of reports that older figures do really shitty damage compared to this year's figures, at the very least. Also the VV figures retain their hitstop from Superchargers when they use melee attacks, which apparently is a huge problem.
>While playing Skylanders Imaginators, my older Skylanders seem weaker than I remember in other Skylanders games. Is something wrong with my toy?
>No. This is by design. Skylanders Imaginators is slightly tougher than older games due to the greater power of both Senseis and Imaginators. As a result, playing the game using older Skylanders toys will be more difficult. That being said, it is perfectly possible to complete the game using any Skylanders character.
>>
>>5990290
>Q: "Why are my Skylanders so weak?"
>A: "Git Gud"

Based Activison. Even Elites aren't unstoppable. I'm actually having a ton of fun as a result!
>>
>>5990290
>>5990320
eh, i just thought they were weaker because theyre all from old games with their old-game movesets. Newer characters can ground-pound after a jump, and attack while jumping. some old characters get a chance to have the latter.

Drobot was my bro before i realized that flying as a 3rd move was obsolete
>>
>>5990360
Even if he's stuck with flight on an attack button unlike Knight Light and company, Drobot's flight is actually one of the better ones since you can lock his facing and strafe.
>>
>>5990388
Yeah, the mobility is still there.

>>5990360
But on the topic of weaker characters, there is a literal lack of damage numbers popping. I grabbed one of my older ones and he did like 24 dmg per hit, and a sensei was doing 51 per hit at a similar frequency so it's clear that the current ones are just flat "stronger", but I'm still having a lot of fun with my favorites that have lasted me the years, so I don't give a bother. If I want to do the speedrun for that bonus chest I can focus on my OP imaginator but most of the time I don't care.
>>
Apparently this is a thing now.

http://www.brickstolife.com/lego-dimensions-undiscovered-secret-update-the-hunt-for-doug-rattmann/
>>
>>5983532
Plenty of cars do that. The Midway car, and I think even the police car, plus the MI car...

There are too many cars.
>>
File: skyland relics.webm (906KB, 720x402px) Image search: [Google]
skyland relics.webm
906KB, 720x402px
SuperChargers was that bad, huh?
>>
>>5993237
huh? well, yes. it probably wouldve been better received if they made racing as separate stages and kept the arena modes
>>
>>5993237
It's officially discontinuity if Imaginators is to be believed.
>>
File: imaginator.webm (3MB, 720x402px) Image search: [Google]
imaginator.webm
3MB, 720x402px
plugging the newest stuff, just like any good toy-based cartoon.
>>
>>5993510
Imaginators makes zero sense plotwise, so I wouldn't really trust its "continuity".
>>
>>5935843
Lightseekers has reached its KS funding goal. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/

I feel like they'll hit their stretch goals by the end of the campaign.
>>
>>5993645
It looks like they're really putting work and thought into what they're doing, as well as marketing it well.
I just really don't like any of the character design. I think that's still Skylanders' strong point, even when the games are shakey.
>>
>>5993590
the cartoon's a little too jokey, theyre driving the wrong supercharger cars, and some of the different voices are off-putting...but it's not so bad. im a fan, so ill watch more of it.
>>
>>5993747
For a first season of a kids' show, it could be a lot worse.
>>
File: charger.webm (2MB, 720x402px) Image search: [Google]
charger.webm
2MB, 720x402px
>>5993747
But that's the fun of the superchargers, that you can put anyone in any car?
>>
>>5993788
I can;t stand Jet Vac. He's a crazed racist in Imaginators.
>>
>>5993237
SuperChargers was real good, fuck the haters.
>>
>>5994017
this, holy fuck. all he talks about is how he wants to eradicate vultures and his missing lunch. they made him very unlikable.
>>
>>5993788
They made the Hot Streak fly too...well, if it has fire wheels i guess it should
>>
File: MakeSkylandsGreatAgain.png (917KB, 853x879px) Image search: [Google]
MakeSkylandsGreatAgain.png
917KB, 853x879px
>>5994226
Yeha, how did the line "Vultures: Natures Cruelest Mistake" make it past quality control?

You know. For kids!
>>
>>5936033
Jake is awesome.

But i'm really holding out for Sonic. Really want to play in that stage.
>>
>>5983322
Dalek is awesome because It has the precise controls of a vehicles like a raptor, but can still use boost pads. So it's pretty perfect for land races. Benny's spaceship is pretty amazing for destroying shit in it's second and third form.
But I just think the mechs are the most fun to mess with, and wish more vehicles had mech forms.
>>
Oh shoot, Supercharger was on sale for so cheap it was getting the DK amiibo for cheaper than getting them individually and the game is actually kind of fun to play co-op and now I want a boat.
>>
>>5995695
Don't forget a plane vehicle too. I know most stores had a shit ton of Pop Fizz and Splat's vehicles, Flying vehicles might be a bit harder to place.
>>
>>5995695
My Walmart had an entire endcap of just markdown boats and planes.
>>
>>5996187
I have DK's Car and Bowser's Plane.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_bjch-jtGw

This is actually kinda cute.
>>
File: ThumpTruck-300x300.png (100KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ThumpTruck-300x300.png
100KB, 300x300px
How sturdy are the skylanders land vehicles?
Want to get Superchargers for myself and gift a car to each of my baby brothers (4 & 2 1/2) but dunno if they'll last much or get broken easily.
>>
>>5997012
They're decently sturdy. You can find the Superchargers starter pack online for ~$20 and vehicles for cheap, so even if the cars do break you wouldn't be out much.
>>
>>5997109
I don't live in the us and the money conversion to this country exploded last year (from a 1us:2 ratio to 1:3) so it's considerably more expensive.

Was thinking about getting them Thump Truck and Shield Striker since they look the strongest.

Didn't find any toy-only related merchandise either.
>>
Seems like the Mario series Amiibos have been going up on shelves early at some Wal-Marts. Picked up a Rosalina just now.

They had a fuckton of Waluigis. Most of the other characters got one peg.
>>
>>5946320
Definitely characters from Nexo Knights. The series is definitely up there with Chima and Ninjago.
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.