[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non Expanding Recreational Foam (NERF) General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 46

File: Nerf memes subscribe for more.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf memes subscribe for more.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
30 dollar Vulcan near me. Yes or no?
>>
>>5902998
Yes.
>>
>>5902998
No.
>>
>>5902998
Maybe.
>>
>>5902998
occasionally
>>
>>5902998
Can you repeat the question?
>>
>>5902998
Where you at?
>>
No tripod or chainz so we agreed on 15. Kinda fishy in hindsight maybe something's wrong with it, but hey I got a Memeploy for my troubles.
>>5903123
Hawaii
>>
File: Untitled.png (536KB, 789x934px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
536KB, 789x934px
If you were forced to play with these weenies and their NIC-style blasters, what would you bring?
>>
>>5903766
A real gun
>>
File: e-logo.0.0.jpg (27KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
e-logo.0.0.jpg
27KB, 1280x854px
>>5903766
What's their angle? Do their homemade bows shoot 200ft or something? You have to wonder when they said all blasters and (nearly) all darts are legal.

>>5903830
so edgy.
>>
>>5903861
They're pretty powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQBAWpmcAc0
>>
>>5903766
i mean, they're herbs, but it'd be a lot more fun than i'm having now

>>5903830
lol'd
>>
File: Centurion.jpg (313KB, 1500x909px) Image search: [Google]
Centurion.jpg
313KB, 1500x909px
>>5903766
Nothing they have will be more powerful than this.
>>
>>5903766
I'd bring a girl.
Instantly win because none of them know how to touch one.
>>
>>5903830
reported to FBI
>>
Coop's dickbutt should be delivered by today.
>>
>>5903972
Lol reverse plunger
>>
>>5903106
YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW!
>>
My CycloneShock arrives manana :D

I'd have it today if I hadn't forgotten to click my new credit card. Amazon didn't notify me for several hours.
>>
File: Untitled.png (87KB, 995x619px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
87KB, 995x619px
Is this what actual autism looks like?
>>
File: Untitled.png (19KB, 834x225px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
19KB, 834x225px
>>5906517
It's reassuring to know there's people more autistic than me functioning independently.
>>
File: autism.png (31KB, 649x260px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
31KB, 649x260px
I'm pretty sure this is what autism looks like.
>>
>>5906777
screenshotting autism and posting about it in the very thread is even more autistic though... and now commenting on in and being self aware makes this some inception levels of nonsense.
>>
Somebody took the time to type out what nerf standard for for the OP, it's pretty autistic already.
>>
>>5903766

Those don't even look fun. I don't know why.
>>
>>5907036
Because there's little more fun than a belt or drum or magfed, but you'd get destroyed by these singled titans, pipe cleaner, and bow thing blasters.
>>
>>5907015
I thought it was made up.

Glad I'm not autistic.
>>
Do you think the downstairs neighbor can hear my M E G A CycloneShock?
>>
>>5907253
That's only an unofficial backronym.
>>
>>5906777
HAHA fuckin new fags...
>>
>>5907101

Oh I know they'd hurt like hell, but it just doesn't look like a good time to me. I play in an area with a bunch of buildings and cover and we all use traditional Nerf and it's just so great. A bunch of nerds trading 200fps darts and standing idly among a bunch of trees and flat land just looks so boring.
>>
File: WorkerStock 001.jpg (768KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WorkerStock 001.jpg
768KB, 2304x1728px
Worker Stock arrived today.

Feels good.
>>
>>5908333
>Raider
What you got done in there?
>>
>>5908333
can you post your full collection? you seem to have quite some stuff.
do you play hvz or nerf wars regularly?
>>
>>5908391
Absolutely nothing. I just like collecting stuff. While I do like the kit that makes the Retaliator into a pump-action, i'd be scared of ripping one apart.

>>5908416
http://imgur.com/a/j1qEf

basically most of it - I don't really have the time or space to drag them all out for new pics.

>do you play hvz or nerf wars regularly?

No, I'm honestly not aware of any events like that being held over here.
>>
>>5908429
you should get a slingfire next. its fun as hell to use.

>No, I'm honestly not aware of any events like that being held over here.
same here

>pump action retal
i have one. but since i have no way of playing with it, i kind of regret buying one. so don't worry about not having a pump kit. if you don't play regularly, they're not worth the cost.
>>
File: 1350273855909.jpg (147KB, 720x538px) Image search: [Google]
1350273855909.jpg
147KB, 720x538px
I always see these threads, but Ive never been in one since I dont buy Nerf.

What do you guys do with these nerf guns?
Do you play with them with gf/friends?
Do you organize giant meetups like >>5903766 ?
Do you have real guns for hunting/self defense/whatever and you just buy Nerf guns to shoot and mess around?
Do you guys also mess around with airsoft/bb guns/ paintball/ super soaker?
Did you play with nerf guns as a kid and then you couldnt stop buying them?
Do you just buy them then throw them in storage?
Do you make displays for them and hang them on a wall/shelf?

Sorry if you get these kind of questions a lot. I dont want to sound demeaning or anything. Im curious because I buy toys, but I buy Transformers, Marvel legends, Star Wars black series, etc. but I take them out of the box, fiddle around with them for a while, put them on my shelf/desk and then ill rotate the ones I have in storage and the ones I have out every so often and work on displays/posing.

I guess i'd consider nerf guns as "roleplay" toys along with any sort of wearable toys or toy swords or whatever. I know that little kids play with them like they do with action figures, but i guess im just ignorant as to how/why an adult collector has nerf guns.
>>
>>5908491
Guys like shooty things. That's why you have videos of guys with leaf blowers going "I wonder if I can weaponize this?"

Plus, your mass shooting tendencies won't wind up on the news and instead be viewed as "Awww, look! He's playing with the kids!"
>>
>>5908132
I kind of agree, I feel the best Nerf games are CQC style games with lots of cover. I like nerf because of it's over the top tacticool-ness and you just don't get that from home-mades.

Now those things would probably be great for fantasy LARPing or something where you would charge said flat land with swords and shields. But nerf games need cover and short ranges.

I'm sure those things need home made darts/stefans to get their ranges and accuracy as well, and that just seems like it defeats the whole point of playing with nerf guns to me. Part of the fun in Nerf is the fact that even if you get hit point blank right in the face...it's really not gonna hurt all that much. But one of these massive spring powered monster dart bows with weighted, hard tipped projectiles will most likely leave a mark.
>>
>>5908491
>What do you guys do with these nerf guns?
Right now they're in storage, currently no space for them. That'll change soon.
>Do you play with them with gf/friends?
Used to play with my nephews (all of use were in our 20s) back in my old apartment. It was much more open and the furniture was spread around making great cover. I did try to get my at-the-time-GF-now-fiance into Nerf by getting her a Rebelle blaster. I pulled it from the box, loaded it, primed it, handed it to her and before I could finish telling her not to point it at my face...she shot me in the face. She hasn't really played with it since.
>Do you organize giant meetups like >>5903766 ?
I wish I could find groups like this, I kind of know of one place that holds a giant HvZ event, but it's a college campus and only the students can be involved.
>Do you have real guns for hunting/self defense/whatever and you just buy Nerf guns to shoot and mess around?
Never had any interest in owning a real gun, even though I do enjoy learning about firearms.
>Do you guys also mess around with airsoft/bb guns/ paintball/ super soaker?
Used to have tons of Super Soakers (the classic pump-tanks) and still have a working CPS 4100. I use it to powerwash the bathroom. I also played paintball for a while a few years back, but the cost, care and difficulty finding enough people to make the trip worth it became too much to bother with.
>Did you play with nerf guns as a kid and then you couldnt stop buying them?
When I was younger the only blasters I had was the NB-1 Missile Blaster and the Max Force Eagle Eye (I still have the latter). I dropped out of Nerf for a LONG time until they came out with the Stampede and packed it with three 18 round Mags. I've been hooked ever since.
>Do you just buy them then throw them in storage?
For now.
>Do you make displays for them and hang them on a wall/shelf?
I will... eventually.
>>
I live in Finland and have never had a Nerf gun until recently. It all started with the 6€ Triad and a Jolt, but I have bought all the basics now also: Elite Strongarm, Elite Firestrike, ZombieStrike Jolt target kit and Double Strike. Also have a Stryfe in the mail.
>>
>>5908491
>what do you guys do with these nerf guns?
dicking around with friends while drunk. that's why i bought my first nerf gun.

>Do you play with them with gf/friends?
my gf tolerates my nerf guns, but she doesn't like using one herself. i usually have little nerf skirmishes with friends in my backyard after we've had quite some beers.
sadly there's no hvz or anything similar within several hundred km of my home.

>Do you organize giant meetups like?
no and in don't plan to. i imagine them being cringy as hell aswell.

>Do you have real guns for hunting/self defense/whatever and you just buy Nerf guns to shoot and mess around?
nope and i don't plan to. gun laws in my country are very strict anyway. i do like the aesthetics of some guns. some of them are just pretty damn sexy.

>Do you guys also mess around with airsoft/bb guns/ paintball/ super soaker?
i've played paintball a few times but i prefer lasertag. it's cheaper und just more fun in general imo.
i don't like airsoft because airsoft tends to attract tryhard faggots that think they're hot shit and acutal operators.
what i like about nerf is that it doesn't even try to be serious. it's just childish fun and not to be taken seriously at all.

>Did you play with nerf guns as a kid and then you couldnt stop buying them?
no. i bought my first nerf when i was 25.

>Do you just buy them then throw them in storage?
atm yes, sadly.

Do you make displays for them and hang them on a wall/shelf?
no. maybe some time in the future when i can afford my own house and have a "mancave" of some sort for my own.

the main appeal of nerf for me is just that you can play with them pretty much anywhere without being in danger of getting shot by the police or ruining a place with paint.
i can take out my hammershots and shoot up my place or have an all out nerf war with friends in my backyard and noone cares, since nerfs are easily identified as toys. try doing that with paintball or airsoft.
>>
File: Nerf_hyper_sight_expand_a_blast.jpg (45KB, 660x503px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf_hyper_sight_expand_a_blast.jpg
45KB, 660x503px
>be kid
>get this for $20
>expanding it slightly decreases range
>today's cheapest pocket blasters shoot further
What was your worst dart blaster purchase?
>>
Still waiting for Coop to acknowledge the dickbutt I mailed. I perfectly typeset the address with LaTeX and used my laser printer's manual feed function.
>>
>>5909362
That blaster looks pretty good

>the worst blaster purchase was not buying a longshot
>>
File: 1459050129531.jpg (25KB, 402x400px) Image search: [Google]
1459050129531.jpg
25KB, 402x400px
>>5909734
>>5909362
>worst blaster purchase was a longshot, whose bolt sled I subsequently destroyed on a BBB spring
I'm so sorry LS. One day I'll get around to getting that aluminum sled and we can be happy again.
>>
File: 1454122417030.jpg (173KB, 800x404px) Image search: [Google]
1454122417030.jpg
173KB, 800x404px
>>
File: Lz70Ul.jpg (32KB, 640x391px) Image search: [Google]
Lz70Ul.jpg
32KB, 640x391px
>>5909362
Eagle Eye.

Sure, it looked cool and the "laser" dot was pretty neat for the time. But it is a huge honkin pistol.and the double-sided bolt handle made it extra THICC, so storing it was a hassle. And the clip that held the 2 extra darts was flimsy as hell, so the darts would keep falling out.
>>
Nerf is for silly little boys:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nerf/comments/52mjcl/rapidstrike_burst_fire_circuit_diagram/
>>
>>5910015
Oh shit, didn't notice he posted it. I'm so ready for him to start pushing out the properly manufactured ones
>>
File: 5623614.jpg (178KB, 600x330px) Image search: [Google]
5623614.jpg
178KB, 600x330px
I need some advice, is there a good gun i could replace the original firing mechanism with? And not need the pull tab plunger?

Or some form of electronics i could use instead to make it into a toy again? This is my first customized gun, and i would be ok with a switch to turn on the firing mode or electronics, but i have no real idea what would work for the design.
>>
>>5910252
>gun
>>>/k/
>>
>>5907015
It's pretty stupid to say that, of all things, is autistic. I thought nerf was just a brand, not an acronym, so I can assume others thought the same.
>>
>>5910015
His project is doomed from the start. He is not going to be able to make a business out of this. He's trying to sell a Lego model but say "I won't tell you how it's assembled." I certainly wish him well, but he has unrealistic ideas and goals.

OTOH, some companies succeed and all they do is sell strong springs, so what do I know.
>>
>>5910252
I have no idea what you're talking about from your post. You need to explain things clearer.
>>
>>5910323
Nerf isn't an acronym, that was created retroactively and circulated by fans. Nerf doesn't actually stand for anything.
>>
>>5910407
That is a repainted nerf rebelle, i removed the pull mechanism because a "pull here to fire" bubble rod looks stupid with the paintjob, i was hoping someone knew a different nerf gun that would either fit inside the rebelle and not need a pull to fire thing, or maybe someone had an idea on electronic toy guns that would fit in the rebelle for a "pew pew" noise.

Asking here because i have no idea on toy guns that would work to make it fire darts again or donate electronics to make it be useful as a toy gun.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Flg1lm81M

Why are nerfers allowed near children?
>>
an N-Strike Mega Dart has the mass of a penny. Why are we not just throwing pennies?
>>
>>5910671
1) Because pennies dont have a compressable tip, and thus do more damage given the same speed.

2) Its difficult to have a reliable penny launching system that looks any where near as tacticool as nerf.
>>
>>5908491
I mostly modify them to increase their perfomance with the intent of using them in a war setting like >>5903766 just a lot lower FPS. We dont like the drain piping monstrosities like in that post, we just modify what comes off the shelf. General bigger spring, better barrel, motors replaced, wires redone and battery upgrade. When not doing that, I have a local stock only HvZ game at my university I try to attend each semester. Also just dicking around the house when bored.

I prefer nerf to other forms of shoot-bang entertainment because unlike paintball or airsoft I wont get the cops called for hosting a war at the local park. Its also far cheaper to make a high end nerf mod happen than it is in the other hobbies. You can finish off a high end semi-auto for around $90 (big ticket there is the lipo charger), throwing in maybe another 50 for all the belts, bandoliers, safety glasses and clip-mags youll need. Gets cheaper if you dont want a battery powered one.
>>
Fuck I want a tri-strike so damn much

But money

The main pistol will be a belt sidearm, the stock and missile I'll add to the demolisher, and the masterkey will go on my rayven. Shit will be so cash
>>
>>5908491
>I know that little kids play with them like they do with action figures, but i guess im just ignorant as to how/why an adult collector has nerf guns.

One thing to point out that I noticed is nerf is one of those things people feel they are too old for towards the last couple years of high school. Then they hit college and find out about humans vs zombies events being organized on campus and suddenly they find it great fun again. in my case the only 'nerf ' stuff I got is two swords I use to spar with roommates with, and a boomco brute spiker I have been painting to be more of a replica display piece.
>>
File: Tri-Strike 002.jpg (716KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Tri-Strike 002.jpg
716KB, 2304x1728px
>>5913004
Aside from the really short space between the handle and the stock, it's really good.
>>
File: hailfire1lg.png (550KB, 1000x616px) Image search: [Google]
hailfire1lg.png
550KB, 1000x616px
Hey, I'm not really familiar with Nerf guns all that much but I've been tempted to pick up a Nerf Khaos. Pic is the only one I own atm and was wondering if it's good enough as a stand alone. Thanks.
>>
How do I pad the head of a Vulcan plunger if the extra material makes the "part that moves into the back of the shell" stick out?
>>
>>5913313
Just get the Khaos. It'll cost as much or less to mod the Hailfire and get that up to max ammo capacity by switching out the 6-rounds to 18-rounds. Just make sure you get an extra Rivals mag or 2 for easy speed loading of the Khaos' big fat ammo box.
>>
>>5913313
The Hailfire was a decent but very awkward blaster. The Khaos is the monsterous flagship blaster of Nerf's "serious" line of guns. If you liked the Hailstotm, you'll love the Khaos.

But as other anon suggested, grab some extra ammo and mags for maxiumum ball-spamming fun.
>>
>>5913759
>>5913861
There are no spare mags for the khaos yet.
>>
File: pTRU1-23191128dt.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-23191128dt.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>5913759
>>5913861
>$69.99 USD or $108.77 CAD

What the fuck? It looks really nice and it being full auto is a plus, but why the hell is it so much more expsensive here?
>>
>>5913933
Isnt the converstion rate 1.5 maple leafs to 1 freedom coupon? Sounds about right to me.
>>
Does anyone know where I can get a Rayven for less than two hundred fucking dollars? I would even take a knock-off, I just want the shell
>>
Anyone customized a rebelle cornersight? I like the bendable nature and the design, but hate the mirrors and paintjob.

Also, can it fit a scope and be useful?
>>
File: 5g0sI.gif (2MB, 372x262px) Image search: [Google]
5g0sI.gif
2MB, 372x262px
>>5914034
being canadafag is suffering
>>
>>5913933
Even when the dollar is strong, everything here is at least a 30% mark up over the US price. Add in a weak dollar and life is pain when it comes to hobbies.
>>
>>5914463
ebay? $60 looks like the average BIN price.
>>
>>5914578
>>5914582
I guess. If you're looking for a performance piece for wars or hvz, you can honestly do a lot better with a modded rapidstrike since you can actually feasibly carry more that 1 reload at a time, in addition to not needing to buy into ball ammo, on top of being a lot more managable/maneuverable size. Another substitute might be the hyperfire, but i doubt it will be much cheaper. Plus since they currently arnt selling extra mags for the khaos, I'd personally stay away from it modding skills or no.

If you just want a cool looking ball blaster, there's not much you can do other than try one of the other rival line blasters.
>>
File: 20160913_183408.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160913_183408.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
I bought this thing.
>>
>>5913931
>get an extra Rivals mag or 2 for easy speed loading of the Khaos' big fat ammo box
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6swr1tcEc
>nicereadingcomprehension.jpg
>>
>>5915036
I like how BOOMco darts don't lose performance when stored loaded.
>>
File: Untitled.png (70KB, 926x497px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
70KB, 926x497px
Kids are funny. I'm guessing he knows how it can be done, but not how to do it.
>>
>>5913004
>>5913287

I just got this thing the other day and I really love the whole set...just not assembled with itself. It really does work best when the pieces are swapped with other blasters.

The actual Tri-Strike blaster looks really nice with the Long Range upgrade kit and a solid stock. Currently using a Shot Blast stock, but I would prefer a Lightning Storm, Worker or Stockade stock.

The Masterkey barrel I through on a Rayven, and it looks better then expected, and feels great in hand. Though I was surprised at how front heavy it made the blaster feel. It latches in nice and secure though, which is always a plus.

The missile launcher bits was the piece I was having the most difficulty with. I could just leave it as a stand alone blaster, but that stock is too nice not to throw on a blaster. But I'm not a fan of having the launcher sit on top of a gun. Sadly, the attachment point on the missile barrel, combined with the short length of the hose, makes it almost impossible to use as an underbarrel attachment for most guns. The only one it really works well on is a Retaliator with the barrel extension, and even then the clip doesn't lock into place. I may have to hunt down one of the white Retaliators or maybe cave and grab a Recon mk2 and see how it looks on that.

Also, slightly unrelated, I'm pretty disappointed in the Blaster Stock. The gimmick works nice, and the stock itself is actually a good size and length...but they put a damn tac-rail right where you're supposed to rest your cheek and that is NOT comfortable. Probably would've never have bought the thing had I realized that beforehand.
>>
>>5915377
What exactly is this about?
>>
File: RetaliatorCombo 002.jpg (707KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
RetaliatorCombo 002.jpg
707KB, 2304x1728px
>>5915485
the masterkey looks brutal on anything desu.

Is the Rayven worth getting? Is there any difference between the green version and the blue elite one?
>>
>>5915488
You can find it on the reddit. A highschooler wants to sell boards/solder-yourself kits for adding selective fire to a Rapidstrike. It's noteworthy because he's acting like basic Arduino code is precious intellectual property, despite others having already done it.
>>
>>5915490
Rayven is only really worth it for looks and the blue version has improved performance (and colors imo) over the original green version.

Side by side, it has slightly (almost unnoticeable) lower performance then a Stryfe, but the bullpup design of the shell makes it very popular. It's a solid blaster with no real problems, it's very comfortable to hold and has average performance when compared to other stock flywheels. In the end the only reason I like it over the Stryfe is because it just looks cooler. .
>>
>>5915490
You get the Rayven because you want the look. Performance-wise, it's like a Stryfe with a barrel extension.
>>
>>5915502
That's what I thought it was.

And I was gonna say, hasn't this been done many, many times? Isn't this a just-above-standard modification for mid to high level modders?
>>
File: 20160916_155838.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160916_155838.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Fucking lucked out today comrades, Sonic Ice Rampage including the drum for $5 CDN off kijiji. So happy.

>>5915485
What about throwing the missile tube onto the demolisher? Can it fit the tac rail on the side?
>>
>>5915735
O-oh yeah? I got an old blue LongShot for four burgers at my local thrift store just now.
>>
>>5915718
I think this is the "highest level" mod that can be done to a Rapidstrike, since overvoltage and such is a prerequisite for selectfire being useful on it. A stock Rapidstrike launches only three darts per second.

I think he'll go far in life if he doesn't burn out and get entirely discouraged learning about the laborious mess between concept and execution.

He's edited the OP to say PCBs have been ordered. Still no evidence of a prototype having been assembled.
>>
File: Combo 004.jpg (724KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Combo 004.jpg
724KB, 2304x1728px
>>5915537
>>5915597
Sadly all the blue ones on Ebay are £120+
>>
>>5915735
>What about throwing the missile tube onto the demolisher

And just in case you should probably take the stock off a thunderblast and ram that thing on the tac rail on top of the demolisher. Missiles on missiles, bois
>>
File: 20160916_201547-rs.jpg (639KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20160916_201547-rs.jpg
639KB, 1224x1632px
>elite retaliators still on wallymart shelves for $25
>pick one up for $3.17

I love thrift stores.

there was also a doominator for like 5 bucks. a vortex praxis. and a couple of barricades and strongarms.
>>
>>5914566
Anyone have info?
>>
File: Untitled.png (396KB, 932x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
396KB, 932x1044px
>>5914566
>>5916504
>>
>>5903830
kekd
>>
>>5916900
So, what, nobody fucking cares?
>>
>>5916900
>massive plunger tube

Killed by two 90 degree bends, but this thing could be a wicked shotgun if you made it a simultaneous fire gun that can't bend
>>
>>5916270
I used to work at a thrift store, I bought a whole shopping cart full of nerf guns for like 10 bucks.
>>
File: Roughcut.jpg (96KB, 1497x715px) Image search: [Google]
Roughcut.jpg
96KB, 1497x715px
>>5918025
How about two of them stuck together?
>>
>>5918500
ugly gun, looks like something exploded at the end.
>>
>>5908491
I go to school for industrial design. It's a custom for students to buy and mod blasters as a sort of practice for working with mechanical parts. We have small skirmishes in the hall and we have a proffessor who 'executes' students who fall asleep in class or don't do their work. It's comfy.

I used to play with Nerf as a kid, but I don't keep real guns or mess around with other replicas.
>>
Fun fact: Today's stock blasters boast maximum ranges greater than the longest ships of the age of sail.
>>
File: AkariThumb.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
AkariThumb.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>Won an MIB Rayven for around about RRP

did I do good?
>>
What is the Nerf shooter with the longest effective range?
>>
>>5915085
>I like how BOOMco darts don't lose performance when stored loaded.

how?
>>
>>5920733
Modded or no? Modded, id guess a singled titan. Unmodded, maybe a buzzbee sentinel? Or perhaps something boomco, though thats an entirely different dart
>>
>>5920750

give me a general rundown of the long range world, I'm not attached to any one brand of projectile and range doesn't seem to be something that is covered in the greatest detail in the things I've been reading.
>>
>>5918500
>How about two of them stuck together?

would love to see such a thing in action.
>>
I had an Ultimator as a kid.
I miss it.
they don't make spring driven dart shooters anymore though.
>>
>>5902998

are their any pictures of people duel wielding Mattel Maximizer Pistols?

I know you wouldn't be able to aim them effectively but it seems like it would look cool

a shame they are so rare
>>
>>5920750
I thought stock Boomco had horrible ranges, but good groupings. Basically, they lack power but have better accuracy then Nerf stuff.

Most of the Boomco blasters I've seen haven't been super impressive when it comes to distance or FPS.
>>
>>5920740
Not as much as Nerf, at least. They're very thin solid plastic instead of foam. In a blaster is the best place to store them so they don't get stepped on, and your mom will put them there anyway.
>>
>>5920761
If you want stock performance, just check out the box claims. I believe anything that says "OVER 90 FEET!!!" is at the high end of the range spectrum (don't expect 90 feet of course).

If you want modded performance, YMMV. You might do a great job and get 120 feet, or you might suck at modding and luckily still have a functioning blaster.
>>
>>5920803
My only experience with boomco has been the farshot, so I can't say for sure, but my farshot got some pretty nice ranges stock
>>
I dug up a longshot cs-6 from ages ago, what should I do with it?
>>
>>5923106
Clean it, gut it, replace it with a custom built internal system, paint to look cool and sell on ebay for $200
>>
>>5923106

Pics plz
>>
Coop still hasn't done a mail bag video. Should I send a few more dickbutts?
>>
>>5923133
You'd be lucky to pull $150, and thats even if you skip painting and go straight to hydro dipping.
>>
>>5905545
YOUR'E NOT TH BOSS OF ME NOW
>>
>>5924998
AND YOUR NOT SO BIIIIIIGGGGGG
life is funfair...
>>
File: Rayven 002.jpg (805KB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
Rayven 002.jpg
805KB, 2304x1728px
brutal
>>
>>5908491
I play with them in my college's nerf club. We do weeks of HvZ, regular nerf wars, ect.
>>
File: DSCN0753.jpg (788KB, 1566x735px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0753.jpg
788KB, 1566x735px
Not too bad for a first repaint, tried to make it look old and weathered.
>>
>>5929342
Wrap the handle with some worn cloth.

Anyone seen the mega shotgun yet? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQhxxwe5Dq4
>>
File: PHOQI6anUt2zSO_1_l.jpg (94KB, 950x950px) Image search: [Google]
PHOQI6anUt2zSO_1_l.jpg
94KB, 950x950px
Has anyone else seen this shit? It looks sweet as hell but it's a shame it's 80 fucking dollars.
>>
>>5929725
$80 doesn't sound right, even if it happens to be full auto. $30-40 makes more sense.
>>
how much is a used Havok Fire (vulcan with elite darts) worth? (all parts and in great condition)

ebay is useless
>>
>>5929934
RRP was 45 USD

so maybe 30-35?
>>
>>5929896
Unfortunately, it is in fact $80.
http://movieweb.com/star-wars-rogue-one-force-friday-toy-exclusives-photos/
>>
File: ahn.jpg (50KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
ahn.jpg
50KB, 350x350px
>>5929725
>looks like an M4
>comes with decent stock/barrel

kinda want
>>
>>5929896
licence fees mofo
>>
>>5929699
i really hope that there is something crazy hidden on the other side because a 2 shot pump gun is disappointing as fuck
>>
Anyone know of a good guide to upgrade a double dealer?
Seems recon springs fit it, so I'm thinking of using this.
http://www.orangemodworks.com/product_p/spg-u1.htm
>>
>>5929989
>>5930122
I don't buy it. It's a Rayven with accessories, so maybe $35 + $15. License fees aren't that big. The current SW blasters on the shelves aren't that much higher pricewise. This package is nowhere better than getting 2 Rapidstrikes. $80 is what they'd set if they wanted it to shelfwarm.
>>
>>5930128
On the other side, there are dancing girls.

Something that huge, it better have an internal magazine, so you pump pump pump pump and shoot 8 darts, 2 at a time. Otherwise, Imma stick 2 Bigshocks together and laugh.
>>
File: vcyywrrpapj8oegliri4.jpg (893KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
vcyywrrpapj8oegliri4.jpg
893KB, 2000x1125px
>>5929725
>http://movieweb.com/star-wars-rogue-one-force-friday-toy-exclusives-photos/
Please not that says "Force Friday Exclusive" their is a standard orange version coming that is just the core piece...but considering that thing is stock and barrel and rail compatible, as is the orange one....
>>
>>5930870
Also here's the pistol.
>>
File: DSC08788.0.jpg (138KB, 1020x680px) Image search: [Google]
DSC08788.0.jpg
138KB, 1020x680px
>>5930870
>>5929725
Now compare these two to the actual prop from Rouge One....that blue one pretty freaking close for a Nerf. About as close as the BoomCo Halo M6 and MA5 are.
>>
>>5929725
this thing is getting me rock hard. to bad it will probably cost like 100€ where i live.
>>
>>5930955
I think it's stupid that Nerf would make a blaster one bad paintjob short of looking exactly like a real firearm. But in truth, it's modeled after a SW gun, and you can't fault Nerf for that.
>>
>>5929699
worn cloth? hmm, maybe, but I do not have any yet.
>>
>>5930955
So it's basically a star wars Stryfe, right?
>>
>>5931168
yes, with glow darts. which make the blaster even more expensive.
>>
File: alphahawk_header[1].jpg (347KB, 860x500px) Image search: [Google]
alphahawk_header[1].jpg
347KB, 860x500px
New nerf subset with new darts
>>
File: RrFgaOF.jpg (202KB, 842x498px) Image search: [Google]
RrFgaOF.jpg
202KB, 842x498px
We've got official prices now.
>>
>>5931453
Unless I'm missing something, that doesn't look like $30 in accessories.
>>
>>5931727

>$30 in accessories

Nerf sells modulus kits that are just a stock and barrel for like $11.

So

Stock + barrel extension / upgraded magazine + scope is around two upgrade kits, so ~10 each, or around 20.

The last bit they probably just threw in because it's blue and it's an exclusive.
>>
File: 1474506542098.jpg (29KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1474506542098.jpg
29KB, 450x450px
>>5930955
>Raider stock isn't even flush
JUST
>>
So my rapidstrike gearbox just broke, any reinforced one, or best practices I should be doing to avoid this?

Also, anyone know where I can get replacement rapidstrike gears from?
>>
>>5932032
>rapidstrike
>gearbox busted
Just by a new one.
>>
>>5932260
Well, that's what I did.

It was a modded rapid strike, so I just transplanted gearbox + gearbox motor so I didn't have to rewire all that shit.

Any tips to avoid that in the future?

Happened at a pretty inopportune time.
So far I've heard just open it and lube it once a month or so.
>>
File: CtG1B3eUEAA9-TE.jpg (96KB, 1113x883px) Image search: [Google]
CtG1B3eUEAA9-TE.jpg
96KB, 1113x883px
>>5930955
>>
>live in Canada
>go on kijiji/Craigslist for nerf
>everyone wants retail price for used nerf stuff

I don't get it. Who list $200 for 5 nerf guns?
>>
>>5930870
>>5930874
>AR15 magwell and dust cover

I guess it's good they're following the time honored tradition of taking normal guns and sticking greebles over them.
>>
>>5929699
not a bad idea anon, thanks!
>>
>>5932846
have to say, it feels SO much more comfy now..
>>
>>5932847
I love the colors but the application could use some work.
>>
>>5932900
that side was accidentally ruined by assembly, so... I am going with it as "ooooooold" gun., compare this side.
>>
>>5932392
Fuck I know. Luckily I got >>5915735 for only $5 but I usually have shit luck. Where you at in Canada? Waterloo here
>>
>>5931427
I'm very curious as to whether or not the new darts that go with these guns will actually be more accurate then the current elite darts. It would be cool, especially since the leaks we've seen so far make it seem like they'll be cross-compatibale with older elite blasters.
>>
>>5932846
Looking good anon, you're welcome
>>
>>5932967
Mississauga.

I either have to drive and hour each way to someone, or they want a fortune for a 5+ year old blaster. @_@
>>
>>5931453
in the 40s isn't horrible. It will eventually be on amazon for cheaper.
>>5931727
It has Star Wars on it bro, thats the mark up there.
>>
>>5933426
got any suggestions for a rebelle Messenger with a Pink crush handle grafted onto it?

I plan on painting the main gun section, but I need some ideas on things to add or modify it with... the modulus scope is astonishingly large, so I'm not sure if anything would look good on the messenger.
>>
>>5934864
LoonShy pls
>>
Just did a Retaliator LongStrike internal swap.
>>
>>5936565

>>>/reddit/
>>
Saw a Rhino-fire on sale for $35 at walmart

Anyone got one? Is it worth it at the price?
>>
EAT on sale at Kohls for 18$. My Kohls doesn't carry it though. Dicks.
>>
>>5937504
Why does a sporting store have nerf guns?
>>
>>5937443
At that price I think it'd be worth it just for how cool it looks.
>>
>>5937548
Because Kohl's is a department store.
>>
File: dearoldpng.png (94KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
dearoldpng.png
94KB, 300x266px
>>5908491
>>
>>5937548
Oh I get it
>>
>>5937443
They're not a technically very good blaster but they're a fun blaster, especially for that money
>>
>>5937443
The drum mags alone are worth it
>>
>>5937443
>>5939561
>The drum mags alone are worth it
Just not worth using on the Rhinofire. Just stick some 18-dart mags and it should have less feeding issues.
>>
>>5939688
I was thinking of getting of the modulus grips to place on the top rail. Think it would work as a handle?
>>
>>5939693
That sounds like a terrible idea, but you do you. I'd use a sling and just hip fire like the Mastodon (even though I prefer to fire the Mastodon like it was a regular blaster).
>>
>>5939693
Nerf tact rail accessories are designed to snap off under stress to prevent breakage. Just keep that in mind.
>>
Are there any small, front loading fully automatic dart blasters? Similar to the speedswarm, but smaller. (And preferably not as bad.)
Can't seem to find anything except speedswarm/powerbelle, which are both still pretty big + eclipsed by swarmfire anyway.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (372KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
372KB, 2048x1536px
>>5939848
Front loading? No. The internals needed for that makes them less than ideal compared to the alternatives.

If you need a fully automatic pistol, you should cut down a Rapidstrike.
>>
>>5939929
Those look awesome.
I'm not really looking for a fully automatic pistol, I'm looking for a front loading feature for my stryfe.
I'm currently using a Rapidstrike with a swarmfire, and that swarmfire has saved me plenty when I've completely run out of clips and am running while grabbing darts off the ground to survive.

Problem is that it's massive.
I've got a stryfe (maybe rapidpistol eventually...) as a backup blaster for when I want to go lighter, but I was hoping to get some kind of front loading backup in a similar vein.
It'd also be nice to be able to wire it in so I just press a second trigger and it fires like the RS + SF combo....

I was also thinking perhaps a really cut down barricade or something would work, but then I'd need two triggers.....
Maybe just one of those rail 2 rail connectors + a strongarm.

The swarmfire is also nice to be able to make potshots at far zombies and then reload without having to mess with clips, but I wouldn't really have time to do that if I had to holster/deholster my backup each time, which is another reason I'd want it on the blaster.

Also, those rapid pistols are gorgeous, did you make them?
>>
File: Slingstrike.jpg (56KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Slingstrike.jpg
56KB, 1000x1000px
My local discount store is selling these for $3.50, are they worth getting?
>>
>>5939956
No.
>>
File: Nerf Masterkey 4.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nerf Masterkey 4.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
>>5939955
>Also, those rapid pistols are gorgeous, did you make them?
No, that's just my go-to image when talking about Rapidpistols because it's onw of the best I've seen.

How about a Roughcut masterkey? If it's modded to always slamfire, then all you have to do is pump your foregrip (and I'm pretty sure the rate of fire is much higher than a Speedswarm). You can cut a few more inches off by chopping the trigger mechanics too, but that's just preference.
>>
>>5939986
Hmm, possibly, I was sorta thinking along those line with a strongarm, roughcut might be easier/look nicer.

Sizewise it looks pretty similar to the speedswarm/strongarm also.

Roughcut would solve the main disadvantage of a mounted springer in that it'd be easy to pump , so I wouldn't awkwardly have to prime a triad or strongarm or hammershot or whatever.

At that size though, I'd probably want to make it detachable with a rail attachment also, to not ruin the portability of the stryfe. It'd still be a fair bit better than the RS + SF.

My current plan was to experiment with a speedswarm + a 280 motor I found on ebay and see if that makes it fire at a decent rate, and if so, glue a rail connector to it and then use a second deans connector to make it a detachable part. Then I could still fire with one hand, which would give it an edge over the roughcut, while still being a decent bit less bulky than a full swamfire.

I'll have to see if the mabuchi 280 motor actually does anything for it, I couldn't find any data for modded speedswarms.
>>
>>5939220
T-thanks, you too
>>
>>5939688
>>5939561
>>5939387

Picked it up (last one), opened it. Huge black scuff mark and scratches all over it. But fresh carboard packaging.

Looks like it was a return =_=

Think I might go pick up a full price one, and return this one.
>>
>>5940028
>>5939986
Well, to report back, speedswarm with that motor is no faster.
Perhaps if I overvolted it also but then I'd need to give it it's own battery or something, not great for a simple side integration to a blaster.

But on the bright side, that motor seems to have a fuck ton of torque, I put a 7kg strongarm spring in with no noticeable change in firing rate.
(Strongarm spring was like .4 inches shorter, but the stock spring was slightly compressed so it seems to work out.)
I could probably go higher, but that's the strongest spring I had that fit, and I don't want to break the gears.
Shoots decently hard, I got 75-80ish fps.

Good enough to potshot at a zombie without having to mess with mags, so I think I'm happy with it.

I might try some experimentation with stronger springs later. Apparently there was 10kg spring that worked for it, and the gears didn't get destroyed, but I've got no idea where to find that spring, still keeping an eye out for it.

Thanks for the help , and if anyone has any other ideas for faster 280 motors, or where to get a 10kg spring for it, I'd be interested. I guess if I was really adventurous I could try cutting it so a 360 motor fit, but I don't see that going well.
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.