/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frozen Merchandise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 13

File: frozen-merch.jpg (162KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
frozen-merch.jpg
162KB, 500x369px
how did the first wave of Frozen toys looked like?

i am really curious about the Elsa doll where she spoke like a villain.
>>
>>5869513
I wonder how many little black girls begged for that blond braid to their mothers' disdain
>>
File: 1451929585491.png (246KB, 1136x717px) Image search: [Google]
1451929585491.png
246KB, 1136x717px
>>5869887
I'm black and my 3 year old little girl loves both Frozen and Princess and the Frog shit (though Minnie and Daisey merch are her favorite things).

My wife and I don't have a problem with her wanting white, black or whatever color dolls she wants. Kids don't have the racial bias adults are conditioned to have, and I kind of want to protect her from that for as long as possible.

I remember we were at a city-wide festival and she had her Elsa dress on with her Anna doll. There was a little white girl (I think she was 4) who had on a Princess and the Frog dress with an Elsa doll. The two of them played with each other for like 30 minutes before we had to go, and gave each other a hug and told each other "I love you!" before we left. That kind of shit is nice to see after spending so much time on 4chan.
>>
>>5869892
That's great. Yeah, I think it's possible to live in a "post-racial" society if people actually let go of their ego-identity-insecurity and allow children etc to naturally be the regenerative manifestations of society that they in fact are.
>>
>>5869892
I'm just saying that I know black ppl too though who want to stress "all black," "African," representations etc to build some kind of exclusively-black (or whatever) identity in their children. It's more about the insecurities and anxieties of the adults, unfortunately.
>>
>>5869945

maybe they should watch that latest racist disney movie.
>>
>>5869945
I don't think so. It's probably because we (I'm Black) grew up in a society that pretty much told us "Black is ugly". My mom stresses to my daughters that they have to buy black dolls and they HAVE to like Princess Tianna...and that's just a reflection of how she grew up. When you're Black, you're always subconsciously taught through the media to be ashamed of who you are, your culture, and your color.

I understand why some Black people would want to shove all black everything down their kids' throat, but my wife and I don't really feel that way. We want her to acknowledge her culture and take pride in it, but also be aware of other cultures and respect them as well.

I just really don't want her to grow up with any prejudices. I know black people who HATE white people (my mom and grandparents can be lumped into this category).
>>
>>5869513
>i am really curious about the Elsa doll where she spoke like a villain.
i guess nobody knows OP. didnt really think there was one, unless there was something in the movie that had that context.

i cant wait for the figma
>>
>>5869966
it was the very first wave of toys, you know they're based on the early versions of the movie?
>>
>>5869957
that's refreshing to read, we Hispanics are in a similar boat and I'm planning on doing the same when my daughter is at that age where she's able to interact with others (she's only a few months old right now).
>>
>>5869978
sounds like they were prototypes. toys usually match the final production. maybe it was a movie quote said in a different tone
>you dont know that guy
>the cold never bothers me
>Let go...ah...I can't hold back anymo...iyan!~~<3
>>
>>5870002

heard of a one who used to say "i am your Queen!"
>>
File: $_12d.jpg (399KB, 1639x1000px) Image search: [Google]
$_12d.jpg
399KB, 1639x1000px
>>5869513
>how did the first wave of Frozen toys looked like?
I have photos of all the 2013 Frozen merch on disply at Disney Store,Walmart, and Target.
Heres what the main four Disney store Dolls looked like.

Also you could have asked this question here
>>5841118
>>5841118

But to be fair you probably would not have gotten as many replies over there as you did here. You would be lucky to get one or two replies per question over there.
>>
>>5870019

thanks man, you're a real help!

of course current dolls are no longer such garbage.
>>
>>5869957
>your culture

I gotta ask, what do black people even identify with as thier culture?

I mean you the thug saggy pants gang culture, but that definitly shouldnt be seen in a positive light, so how do you guys identify...whatever you have?

Not tryin to be a dick, I asked a (half) black girl in my class this once and the only answer she gave me is that they dont want to identify with the thug culture, yet so many of them do.
>>
>>5870035
Good question. The sad truth is that we don't have much of a culture since it was basically stolen from us, and whatever was left of it got destroyed or mangled into negativity.

For me personally, I think the black culture is the struggle to overcome hardships, and the fact that we as a people (despite what the media tells you) have done a really good job at dealing with a really shitty hand and turning lemons into lemonade, so to speak. I can't say that I identify with Africanism, because I'm not African and have never been there nor even plan to ever go there. I do respect my people's history, though, and am damn proud of it. If you research all the horrors of slavery, and the fact that the black race as a whole never crumbled under such overt racism and abuse, then you'd be pretty proud too.

I don't identify with thug culture, because that's not even a culture to me. That's a shitty state of mind that has turned into a stereo type which in turn as become a self fulfilling prophecy for many black people.

tl;dr
Black culture is overcoming a struggle and despite so many huge hurdles, still having the perseverance to try to "make it" in a society that's completely against them.
>>
>>5870049
>have done a really good job at dealing with a really shitty hand and turning lemons into lemonade
Not him or even wanting to start this conversation into /pol/, but considering how rampant poverty, lack of education, and violence is--not really.

I live in Canada (racism's here, but not as bad as the US) and even our black community isn't that great overall. Better than Americans for sure, though.
>>
File: 1398117168588.jpg (167KB, 712x1199px) Image search: [Google]
1398117168588.jpg
167KB, 712x1199px
>>5869887
You'd be surprised to find out that this happens very often. On more than one occasion I've witnessed it myself.
Saw a little girl beg her mom for a blonde Hannah Montana doll a few years back. The mom tries to show her a black Barbie doll, and the little girl rages, and says she wants "the pretty" doll. Mom gets mad, and says it's the black doll or nothing. The little black girl bursts into tears.

This also happens at Disney stores a lot. I asked the Disney Store cast member why the 17" singing Mulan Pocahontas, and Black frog princess were on clearance for $14.99 in the back of the store while Snow WHITE, Cinderella, Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle were at the front of the store still selling at $30. She just replied the dolls in the back aren't selling, and we have to many of them in the back room.

A few months later a cast member told me that they had the $137 adult Designer dolls on clearance in the back for $80. I was hyped, but when she took me to the back of the store all they had was Mulan Pocahontas, and The black frog princess. I asked for Cindrella and Ariel, and she laugh while telling me those sold out within an hour of their release.
>>
>>5870097

they better get ready for yet another shelfwarmer then.
>>
>>5869892
>my 3 year old little girl
>My wife and I

>You are now aware that this once "edgy" site has reached the point where even lame parents post on it now.

That or hes a pathological liar, and his wife and daughter only exist in his imagination.

I'd like to believe that the latter was the truth myself.
>>
>>5870097
> they had the $137 adult Designer dolls on clearance in the back for $80.

I'm honestly shocked. I may be misremembering my lines (not into Disney or dolls), but I drove my sister to our mall for opening when the first wave of those hit so she could get what she wanted, and the store had sold out of everything by the end of the day. Talking to my sister years later, I've had the understanding that was the case with every single wave thus far. I kinda figured it'd be the same everywhere, at the very least enough so that none would have been going on clearance.
>>
>>5870102
You know this place has been around for like, 13 years or some shit, yeah? Not that I've been here that long, but that's more than long enough for an edgy 20 year old in 2005 to now have kids. And once you're here, you never leave.
>>
>>5870069
>considering how rampant poverty, lack of education, and violence is--not really.
Maybe not by your standards, but considering the history and what we've had to work with, we as a people have actually done a good job with the hand we were dealt. Don't take that as me saying we're in a good place, because that's not what I'm saying at all. I'm just saying that all things considered, we've come a long way and that's something to be proud of.

>>5870102
>That or hes a pathological liar, and his wife and daughter only exist in his imagination.
Why would I even make that up? Like >>5870107 said, 4chan isn't some brand new site that old people are just discovering. I'm 32 and have been browsing 4chan since I was 26. Honestly, I'd wager that a lot of people on /toy are around my age or older. What other demographic has enough nostalgia and disposable income to warrant spending so much money on plastic action figures?
>>
>>5870105
>the store had sold out of everything by the end of the day.
They've never released all the princess characters on just one day. They release one princess set every week or every other week. So for example if you, and your sister went on the day Belle was released she might have very well have sold out by the end of that day at your local Disney Store.

They also save a large number of Dolls to release in other countries outside of the US. I remember a few years back that clearance images of the Designer Rapunzel dolls were popping up on facebook. The images showed the Rapunzel and Flynn rider sets in the clearance section of Disney Store found in the UK. Just because the dolls sell out in the US doesn't mean that they always sell out outside of the US.
>>
File: 5eb.jpg (54KB, 598x618px) Image search: [Google]
5eb.jpg
54KB, 598x618px
>>5869943
2deep4me, bro.
>>
File: 91lbQ+ivDTL._SL1500_ba.jpg (133KB, 1251x752px) Image search: [Google]
91lbQ+ivDTL._SL1500_ba.jpg
133KB, 1251x752px
>>5870026
No problem. Let me know if there's any other 2013 Frozen merch you'd like to see. I still have a folder full of stuff from back than.
>>
File: frozen merchandise.jpg (155KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
frozen merchandise.jpg
155KB, 600x400px
frozen came out 2013 why can't you just let it go
>>
>>5869978
That version of Frozen didn't make it far enough for prototypes to be made.
>>
>>5870162

guess it was just a rumour then. see this:

>>5870017

that fox wears a tame collar, if he gets emotional or tries to take it off it shocks him.

quite hardcore for a toy.
>>
>>5870105
The first wave of Designer dolls sold out so quickly because they were the first line of limited, event-style collector dolls sold by Disney Store and because scalpers realized they could get a lot for them secondhand. Disney wasn't prepared for the massive demand and it became a giant clusterfuck. Every doll after the first 2 sold out, even the less popular characters.

Since then though, "limited edition collector dolls" have become a regular and frequent occurrence at the Disney Store, so the demand is much lower because of wallet burnout. People aren't going to snap up the limited dolls anymore "just because" they're limited, which is what happened in the past.
>>
>>5870069
>Not him or even wanting to start this conversation into /pol/, but considering how rampant poverty, lack of education, and violence is--not really.
Thats because of LBJ and the welfare state. The welfare state has destroyed the black family, and why single motherhood is over 60% in blacks these days. That is the real reason why blacks are where they are today.
>>
>>5870102
Even in years past dads and granddads have posted on 4chan.
Parents and old people on 4chan are nothing new.
>>
>>5870187

this is happening everywhere where you give free money
>>
>>5870191
Also true. But LBJ's intention was specifically to buy the, in his words, the votes of the niggers for the next 200 years.

In general, welfare is bad as it results in a dependence on the state, and thus those under it become much less self-reliant, but it has especially hurt the black community here in America. Its lead to rampant single motherhood, which is the biggest cause for why blacks are like they are today, and just perpetuates the cycle.
>>
Oh man those Frozen dresses.
My sister worked at the bippity boppity boutique right when that craze started and man does she have some horror stories.
They would get some shipments and those fuckers would be gone within a hour. They would sell like 100 of those things instantly. In fact they had to have a policy where you HAD to have a child present and it was only 1 dress purchasable for the child there. So many excuses about wanting to get one for a “Sick kid”, or someone at a “different store” or whatever .
She told me about a guy coming in wanting to buy every dresses they had in cash, and they refused to sell them. I think at one point she seen people scalping the things for hundreds on ebay.
Lots of angry parents pissed off that they didn’t have them in. Lots of people thinking the back was a giant warehouse of the things. A couple even got angry thinking the employees where keeping hording them for themselves.
The funny thing was that almost all the children that came there were in good moods and happy. They could actually understand that they didn’t have the dresses and accepted it. The parents on the other hand where the miserable part of it all.
>>
>>5870219
>They could actually understand that they didn’t have the dresses and accepted it. The parents on the other hand where the miserable part of it all.

this speaks alot about people,.
>>
>>5870049
>stolen from us

How so? I thought back in the 50s-70s Blacks had a very distinct culture such as Jazz, Reggae and other forms of music. I mean, don't get me wrong, I know huge music producers literally took songs create by Blacks and had them covered by Whites, but Whites certainly didn't steal and entire culture of jazz and afros and other stuff.

Sorry if i'm being a little stereotypical here, i am not very savvy when it comes to my 50s-70s Black history. It's just you guys seemed to very much have an identity that was a positive influence, and now it's all backwards.
>>
>>5870222
The only time she could recall where a kid threw a big tantrum was mostly due to the fact she was terrified of people touching her hair (Who the fuck takes there kid to a salon when they are afraid of that?).

There was a few sad faces, but the women that do all the actual cosmetology (She worked register) where pros on how to cheer up kids.

One memorable story was that a boy (probably 6 yeats old?) wanted a treatment (they had prince packages I think but it might have been a different thing) and they didn't say anything ( if you are paying they didn't care). Some parents made a fuss, not wanting there child exposed to kids like that. The kids on the other hand didn't care at all, they just wanted to be pretty.

Doesn't matter if you think its appropriate or not, they are fucking kids, they only care about having fun.
>>
>>5870228
No problem.

What I mean was that African culture was taken from slaves when they first arrived in America. Names were changed, they were forbidden from speaking their native language, and they couldn't practice their religious customs.

You're right, though; Jazz and Blues are culturally "Black" I guess, but you could argue that singers like Elvis and other white bands/stars of the era stole that. But I'm pretty ignorant about the musical culture of that time period as well, so who knows.

Also, African Americans can't really identify with Raggae because that's more of an islander thing.

Oh, and >>5870204 is absolutely correct. Welfare fucked up the black community. But welfare is just one of the symptoms of an overlying disease of the black community. The breaking of the black family is what really killed our community...and this breaking of the black family started with the Willie Lynch letters a few hundred years ago and is still in practice today. It essentially details how to break a slave and fuck up the family by destroying the image of the black male in front black women and children; essentially forcing black women to take on the role of leader while the black male is relegated to basically being a bitch and a "nonessential" part of the black family. There were also things done during slavery like buck breaking farms to destroy the black male and ruin the family. The effects of this can still be felt today, and is one of the biggest reasons our community is so fucked up. Broken families created fucked up kids which create more broken families and fucked up kids. It's a perpetual cycle.
>>
>>5870274
>but you could argue that singers like Elvis and other white bands/stars of the era stole that
You can't "steal" a fucking genre of music. Influence, yes, but you'd be damned to think anyone who thinks Jazz and Blues weren't traditionally a black genre.
Also, Elvis was anything but racist. He very much respected black musicians (and black people in general, he was indirectly an prominent figure when it came to the civil right movement). To claim he 'stole' the genre is retarded.
>But I'm pretty ignorant about the musical culture of that time period as well, so who knows.
Then don't talk, simply as that.
>>
>>5870305
Not him, but music producers (don't want to say Elvis because thats not accurate) really did just take songs by Blacks and do covers of them by famous White singers. It's certainly not stealing a genre of music, but it is taking away from something that was originally created by Blacks.

>>But I'm pretty ignorant about the musical culture of that time period as well, so who knows.
>Then don't talk, simply as that.

Dude, don't be that guy. You don't have to be an expert on a subject just to bring it up in a discussion.
>>
File: ddd.jpg (883KB, 1728x1728px) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
883KB, 1728x1728px
>>5869966
As fare as I know the very first Elsa to have sound was the 17" Disney store singing light up Elsa. There was also an Anna, and they were the first 17" princess doll to not only sing but light up as well. She cost $40 in 2013 which was a $10 price increases form the 2010s 17" singing dolls which sold for $30. Now in 2016 all 17" singing dolls sell for for $50.
There was also a singing Mattel Elsa, but I believe she came out later.

Here's an image of the first three Disney Store Elsa dolls.

Left to right. 12" classic doll, Limited Edition 17" doll, and the 17" singing light up doll.
>>
everyone is getting the figma right?
>>
File: 782375339_989 Diabolus Unglatea.jpg (97KB, 638x853px) Image search: [Google]
782375339_989 Diabolus Unglatea.jpg
97KB, 638x853px
>>5870397
If it was as easy as walking into a Toy R Us store and buying it yes. If I have have to order it online or import it from fucking Japan than no. It's petty nice looking tho.
>>
>>5870456
it is online only, though, it wouldn't surprise me if Disney stores do have them in stock in the future
>>
>>5870456
>Actually buying things from Toys R US
>Not liking imports

what kind of bizzaro /toy/ is this?
>>
>>5870097
There are more white princesses than non-white ones, so they are bound to have better stories and representation. Whenever you have a non-white princess their non-whiteness tends to get in the way of story telling. What I mean is they try to tell a story focused on representing that culture in the proper balance so that they don't step on toes and the movies suffer because of it.

If they would just make a fun princess movie and make the girl whatever color they want, I think it would be successful. And the non-white princesses would be more popular because their movies would have a better story.
>>
File: moana-disney-still-new.jpg (114KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
moana-disney-still-new.jpg
114KB, 1024x576px
>>5875752

what do you think about Moana? from what i rememember it's about "Moana finding her true identity" whatever that means.
>>
>>5875752
I think that if, instead of adding diversity into European fairy tales or picking vaguely ethnic but still well known to Westerner stories, they should be looking at folklore for various cultures and using that. Disney has enough brand recognition now that they can obviously make whatever they want and it will draw crowds, they don't have to rely on using Grimms tales or English lit as a basis for familiarity.
Like, with Princess and the Frog. Why did they even do that?
>hey we need a black princess for diversity
>lets set it in the south so we don't have to deal with any urban influences
>lets also set it in the 30s so we can work in some cool jazz
>oh shit the south in the 30s was pretty rough for black people right? ok well lets just pretend that didnt happen at all
>in fact lets make our princess be best friends with a little white heiress just to show how good things were
>i mean the princess is still gonna be poor af though can't have her too happy
>lets also not use any number of the genuinely interesting New Orleans legends that came from centuries of black culture in that area and instead use one of the shortest and most boring Brothers Grimm stories
>lets also not even do that story at all and just keep the kissing a frog part
>shit ok whats in new orleans, voodoo right lets do voodoo
>and lets not even have her just be a princess at the end shes gotta have a goal and be a strong independent woman
>owning a restaurant sounds pretty middle class goals but the deadline is tomorrow
>throw some bad cajun and a feisty grandma in there we got this shit in the bag
>>
>>5870035
Not black.
But I would assume like jazz, blues etc, black folk culture, creole and church.
>>
>>5878056

It was the Disney execs who kept disturbing the writers to make it as PC as possible, now the writers have full freedom of how the movie should look, they had some bumps with Zootopia but Moana's story is shaping to be great, I mean it's about adventurous woman who'll prove her worth by challening some retired demigod, something new.
>>
>>5870397
definitely, im only pissed she doesnt come with an angry face.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.