[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2016: wallet is kill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 15

File: October to December orders.jpg (1MB, 2000x928px) Image search: [Google]
October to December orders.jpg
1MB, 2000x928px
Anyone else thinking that this 4th quarter of 2016 is going to rape your wallet more thoroughly than any other year-end before it?
>>
>>5849093
>no Polynian EMir, Figma Zero Suit Samus or Nendo Luluco

There's more too.
it's a damn good end year
>>
It was already a pretty packed year to begin with, but the yen changes combined with japanese companies finally hiking prices to catch up with the last year of discounts kind of killed a bunch of my preorders. The EMS increase didn't do me any favors either. Honestly, looking at what's left I'm buying way more domestic stuff this year, which is unusual.
>>
Oh its fucking brutal, my friend.

From October onward:
MP Beast Convoy
Robot Damashii Ingram
Nendoroid Zelda
Guyver II
Figma samus
TRansformers Legends Ginrai
MP Cheetor
SoC GoLion/Voltron
VF-31 Siegfried(Maaaybe, if HLJ comes through with that)

And more, but I'm trying to restrain myself. A lot of purchases I did early 2016 hit clearance, so I'm waiting some out.
>>
>>5849093
>No Baselard or Megami Device
A lot of people on /a/ complain that there aren't too many great scales lately, but we jointfags have it great the rest of this year. Probably the weak yen making it more appealing to companies to make cheaper kits or figures than going all out with scales fewer people than ever can afford
>>
>>5849093

IS red ninja guy a variant or a different character than the blue(?) version?
>>
>>5849093
>all of that shit taste

kill yourself
>>
File: lupin & gang laughing 2.gif (558KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
lupin & gang laughing 2.gif
558KB, 500x375px
>>5849167

Oh look, it's one of those "I'm going to talk shit about somebody's tastes but I will never tell what my tastes are because I don't want to be judged" types.

Come on, prove me wrong. I'll be waiting.
>>
File: FIG3777-D.jpg (63KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
FIG3777-D.jpg
63KB, 500x500px
>>5849160

They released Ninja Slayer in his original novel design first (pic related), and the one in the OP is the same character in his anime design.
>>
>>5849093
>Anyone else thinking that this 4th quarter of 2016 is going to rape your wallet more thoroughly than any other year-end before it?
If I ordered every single figure I wanted? Yes. It would have been the worst hit to my wallet since I started collecting in a hype mode frenzy buying everything right and left until my credit cards were maxed out. I was easily spending $1000+ a month back then.

I promised myself i'd never repeat that mistake so now I have a strict budget I refuse to budge from and that's why I only have a few things pre-ordered right now.

figma Gilgamesh x 2
Assemble Borg Jarkroid x 2
SHF SSJ Vegeta 2.0
Femto Birth of Hawk x 3

Pretty much entered "wait and see" mode for everything else. I'm convinced some of the stuff I want will end up on sale because Japanese collectors don't like these new prices either and are waiting for sales. If it doesn't then that's fine too, i'll just skip it.
>>
>>5849093
Who's the brown transformer next to Optimus?
>>
>>5849371

Chromedome, Takara version.
>>
>>5849093
>10 picks
>7 are complete shit
Step up fampai.
>>
>>5849575
>haha your taste is shit
>d-don't worry about what i like though
ok
>>
File: CFeNyS2.jpg (397KB, 1700x863px) Image search: [Google]
CFeNyS2.jpg
397KB, 1700x863px
>>5849371
The poorfag alternative to this
>>
>>5849579
Kill yourself OP, nobody likes you anyway.
>>
>>5849595
>still too much of a pussy to say his tastes
bet you like boatsluts and idols, fag
>>
>>5849600
Nice projection, cumguzzler.
>>
>>5849600
>3 moe bullshits in his lists
>b-but you're the one liking gay stuff
Kys.
>>
>>5849605
>nuh-uh you are
good try though
>>
>>5849607
You posted a list proving it dumbass. God you're dense.
>>
I honestly ended up passing on most of what I was interested in. Some things looked off and others were cost more than I felt they were worth.
>>
>>5849093
I don't buy waifushit, autismobotshit, capeshit, FotMshit, or /v/shit, so no. I actually value my toys and make selective purchases rather than impulse/habit buying garbage.
>>
>>5849847
why come here then fagit
>>
Somewhat, but August is pretty much the bad month that has caused me to refuse ordering quite a few things I want that come out in November/December.

Anything to get off this crazy ride is helping.
>>
>>5849897
>he doesn't collect anything but waifushit, autismobotshit, capeshit, FotMshit, and /v/shit
>he isn't aware of other categories of toys
It's like you are a living, breathing, shitposting Bingo card for /toy/ autism.
>>
>>5849847
Congratulations.
>>
File: 20150802_201952_LLS.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20150802_201952_LLS.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>5849093
I only have LG Weirdwolf and LG Brainstorm since I'm buying the TFC Hades stuff and I'm broke so I can only spend like $100 max on toys every month.

>>5849592
I fucking love Cupola and I just love Chromedome as a character on top of it.

I heard Maketoys are sending out replacement parts but I don't know where to order mine.
>>
>>5850313
Replacement parts for Cupola? What for?

I've been wanting to pick up Cupola, but despite how much praise it gets, it doesn't seem that great in the video reviews? Mainly the cheapish plastic sounding part.
>>
>>5850317
They're not really useful IMO. They just help the shin pieces not to pop out so easily when transforming.
>>
>>5850317
>Replacement parts for Cupola? What for?

New feet parts that doesn't make it a bit wobbly, a new front foot cover that has a tighter cup for the ball joints, a new screw for the front wheels cause apparently there have been a structural issue with it for some people.

>Mainly the cheapish plastic sounding part
Who said that? Makes toys is one of those 3p companies that uses really high end plastic on their shit and that's true for Cupola as well. You should buy him while he is still cheap-er.

I got mine back in 2015's TFcon when Maketoys made A3U's booth sell them for $120 CAD each. That's the only thing I managed to get cause I don't feel like dropping $200 CAD on Ironwill but since they announced Apeface I will have to buy that since him and Snapdragon are my favorite Decepticon Headmasters.
>>
>>5850320
Iunno, I heard some video reviews pointing out the "cheap" plastic.
I've only owned one Maketoys product (their Cogwheels/TT), so I guess they meant that plastic? Not to say it's cheap, but it does feel a bit different.

Might try and snag a Cupola next year at TFCon or something. Good to know they're fixing up the issues with it, though (wish FP would do the same with Volar/Swoop...)
>>
>>5850324
Just order it online or ebay, I wouldn't really bother waiting for TFcon next year. At least Cupola won't have the same problem as Badcube Brawny where he is really hard to find now if you didn't buy him while he was in circulation.
>>
>Figmas Tamamo, LA girl, BMG, Ninja Slayer, ZSS
>Yandere waifudoll
>MP Primal
>Baselard, MD, and probably Giant Guardian
> currently 50-50 on the Rock and Austin SHF

And I promised to myself that I'll spend less this year. May have to make a few cancellations here and there, though
>>
File: 1468970359863.jpg (88KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468970359863.jpg
88KB, 900x600px
>backlog-tier
SHMA GMK
SHMA Godzilla 1954
Figuarts Ashuraman, Brocken Jr. (that I'll probably throw in an order somewhere)
>preorders
Figuarts KR Gatack
Figuarts Warsman original colours
Figuarts KR Cyclone Joker
Figuarts KR Amazon Alpha
>still to want to get but wouldn't preorder-tier
Figuarts Shadowmoon 2.0
Figuarts Zetton
Figuarts KR Necrom
Figuarts KR Ichigou /fit/ ver
Masterpiece Optimus Primal
>>
>>5850330
I'd like to, but I'm Canadian.

I'm already getting screwed enough by the exchange rate, so I'd rather not tack on shipping costs + have to avoid custom bullshit as well.
>>
>>5849093
>Female Guyver II
>Zero Suit Samus
>Child ver. Chichi statue shit
>Boa Hancock

No a lot compared to people here, but I was only expecting to buy 1 maybe 2 things this year.
>>
>>5849923
So then it shouldn't be hard to give examples. 3A, GI Joe, Neca... That's really all I can think of that doesn't fall into those categories, and 3A is half waifu shit while Neca is half /v/ shit. That's not much.
>>
>>5850347
I'm also Canadian senpai. Well there is the toyshow in Hilton where TFcon is held in Sept 18 I believe. You can go there and look for one if you want to. I'll be going there cause I know some of the dealers and I just live near there so I always go anyways.

Also toys don't get hit by customs. If they charge you for that you can actually complain. I didn't know that till last year so if they try to charge me any custom fees I tell them it's a toy.
>>
>>5850320
>Makes toys is one of those 3p companies that uses really high end plastic on their shit and that's true for Cupola as well.
Can confirm that. I own Cupola, Ironwill, Vizualizers and I used to own Giant and their Classics G2 Prime upgrade. All of them feature way better materials than 90% of the other 3p products.
>>
>>5850370
I guess I could try there, though I'm kinda tight on budget now as I gotta buy other shit.
Aside from Transformers/third parties, how is the con like for toku/Godzilla shit?

As for the customs thing, I'm not even sure how to go about that. Don't see how toys are excluded from taxes like anything else that does, unless you're talking specifically from the US or something.
>>
>>5849183
>white knight

fuck off to the deepest darkest pits of furry infested hell, faggot
>>
File: DSC_5372a.jpg (586KB, 1980x1812px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_5372a.jpg
586KB, 1980x1812px
My wallet is gonna be kill in less than 10 days, never mind this winter.
>>
File: wait.jpg (697KB, 1194x950px) Image search: [Google]
wait.jpg
697KB, 1194x950px
4th quarter in red.

I'd say it's the usual for me.
>>
>>5850378
Looks pretty cool but not 30,000 yens cool. I'll buy it when it'll it 14,000 or something.
>>
>>5850375
I got Kamen Rider Fourze and some sentai stuff that I got no space for posted on Kijiji at the moment since I'm trying to get out of that hobby for Transformers mostly, you can check it out.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1185375694&siteLocale=en_CA

Also if you are looking for Vinyl/SHF Godzilla stuff I can probably get you some since I do also work as a part time dealer and we got a couple of Vinyl and SHF Godzilla stuff on hand.
>>
>>5850392
Prolly a smart move. I'm not patient enough to wait myself. :( Very likely it'll clearance but I don't wanna risk it.
>>
>>5850368
Gundam, Toku, Kaiju, domestic vintage cartoons, import vintage anime, modern anime. This is me listing stuff while drinking my morning coffee, I'm sure there's more if my brain were firing on all cylinders. There's many things to collect that weren't listed previously.
>>
>>5850572
>Gundam
>Not autisticbots

KEK. Most of the Transformers fanbase is absolutely terrible, but the Gundam one can be completely autistic too.

>modern anime

Pretty much any modern anime can be called a flavor of the month.

It doesn't matter how much of a distinction are you trying to make, in the end you're buying exactly the same kind of shit as most people here.
>>
>>5850664
>Gundam is on the same level as Transformer
Found the autismobot collector!

>ignores the other 4 categories
Found the deflection autist!
>>
>>5850368
>>5850572
>>5850664
>>5850668
Off is the general direction in which I would like you to fuck.
>>
>>5850668
>Found the autismobot collector!
>Implying I don't buy Transformers, Gundams, or any kind of robot toy that I like

And you're completely deluded if you think the Gundam fanbase can't be autistic as fuck. Go check some threads on /m/ from time to time and enjoy the shitfest. But I couldn't care less about the fanbase, if I like it I buy it, that's all there is to it.

>ignores the other 4 categories

Do you seriously want to talk about the others? Do you know that toku is considered pretty autistic too, right? Grown menwatching shows of guys in spandex fighting rubber monsters is nor something that most people would find normal. Same with Kaiju.

And here's a fun fact: I like toku too, but I'm not deluding myself thinking that the things I like are superior to other shit posted here.

And as far as vintage shows goes (either anime or western) I buy related shit too, and most people here does the same. It doesn't prove anything other than nostalgia is a powerful thing.

Just accept your tastes without shitting on the tastes of others unless you want to sound like an insecure faggot.
>>
>>5850686
>Just accept your tastes without shitting on the tastes of others unless you want to sound like an insecure faggot.
But if he does that then no one will know how superior he is to everyone else!
>>
>>5850686
>is nor something that most people would find normal
You are on a board full of grown men that buy toys.

No one on this board is 'normal'
>>
>>5850686
>Just accept your tastes without shitting on the tastes of others unless you want to sound like an insecure faggot
>...he posts without irony
Oh lordy, we got an autismo of epic proportions here, folks.
>>
>>5850713
>>5850668
>>5849923
If you're going to keep posting this autism meme then please take it to >>>/v/, thanks.
>>
>>5850711
>No one on this board is 'normal'

Exactly, that's the point. Trying to feel superior to others based on your tastes in fucking toys is completely retarded.
>>
>>5850715
>he singles out one poster instead of both
Most obvious samefagging I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1470626373247.jpg (58KB, 589x589px) Image search: [Google]
1470626373247.jpg
58KB, 589x589px
>>5850383
wait is a robotech/macross/jetfire actually coming back

>top left toy in your picture
>>
>>5851611
Like 10 years ago. That toy has been redecoed plenty of times and its the second version of that design at that.

The figure is the Yamato VF-1 Valkyrie, V2. Yamato is now going by Arcadia; and there's two re-releases of that figure coming out. The VF-1S roy version, and the VF-1S Hikaru version. the Hikaru one has red trim instead of yellow; closer to Jetfire; but not G1 toy accurate.

They're expensive, though, expect to pay around $190 plus shipping for them. Cool figures, though.
>>
File: 1470616025223.jpg (16KB, 435x269px) Image search: [Google]
1470616025223.jpg
16KB, 435x269px
>>5851636
I've got a shitty jetfire remake from like 10 years ago and the original

I never had the money and willpower to hunt down a g1 jetfire with the black/yellow/white color scheme (robotech/macross/whatever)

I just need more jetfires in my life
>>
File: 28Jancollectiona.jpg (632KB, 1000x642px) Image search: [Google]
28Jancollectiona.jpg
632KB, 1000x642px
>>5851649
>I never had the money and willpower to hunt down a g1 jetfire with the black/yellow/white color scheme

G1 Jetfire's colors where different than any Macross release. There was never any yellow/b&w scheme so if you ever find one of those its a Macross release. Collecting Macross stuff is a painful road but its a nice addition to a collection. I reccomend TF collectors try out the Yamato/Arcadia VF-1s because they come the closest to feeling like regular TF toys. Later stuff can be painfully fiddly and finnicky.
>>
>>5851661
that image is beautiful

still a jetfire in yellow/B&W or pretty much any other color scheme would be great even if it was just a shitty renamed character that never appears anywhere else
>>
File: Jetfire030.jpg (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Jetfire030.jpg
2MB, 1536x2048px
>>5851676
Yah, its a shame that the whole Jetfire/Robotech/Macross thing is such abig legal issue. The GI Joe jet repaint exclusive from a few years back got a big legal thing that nearly got it recalled. I would've loved to see an actual transforming take on that, or a new version of the g1 Jetfire toy in Transformers. Not really fond of the SKyfire look from the cartoon..
>>
File: 20160811_224957.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160811_224957.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>5851687
that's the one I have, except the regular red+B&W

the ending to the cannon that's sticking up went who knows where and one of his antenna snapped off because of an accident ages ago
>>
>>5850383
those SFV figs are too expensive IMO
>>
>>5851687
I'm pretty sure they intentionally released a non-transforming Jetfire in order to bait Harmony Gold into suing them.

The case ended up being dismissed and Harmony Gold is now no longer allowed to sue Hasbro over disputes involving Jetfire.
>>
>>5851728
I have the blue and yellow "Treadbolt" version.

That toy is still super fun to play with.
>>
>>5851636
>there's two re-releases of that figure coming out. The VF-1S roy version, and the VF-1S Hikaru version
That's not true. They're only reissuing the Roy version.
>>
File: 20160812_114518.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160812_114518.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>5851818
jetfire toys are generally the best

this one can somewhat pull of the macross half plane / half robot thing (I never knew the term, sorry)
>>
>>5852470

Gerwalk
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.