[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biog/ - Bionicle and CCBS General: The aftermath edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 498
Thread images: 93

More like Dieonicle am I right?

>G1 Story Material
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpfNrl6RIvM
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/comics/
http://cross-wired-freak.tumblr.com/post/68472919868/bionicle-chronicles-bionicle-adventures-bionicle

>G2 Story Material
http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/story/episode-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsoT-fPe0LU&index=1&list=PLhu2VtAo89tdVuLXHS5tJUJNp3xgmWLKn

>For builders:
http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/
http://www.bricklink.com/
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/building-instructions/

Mask of Control is out on iOS and Android and just got updated. Still can't get it? Go here:
https://apkpure.com/lego%C2%AE-bionicle%C2%AE-2/com.lego.bionicle.maskofcontrol

Makuta Building Contest: http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/contest-page/contests/lego-bionicle-contest

Old thread: >>5832921
>>
this thread sucks
>>
Does this mean we're getting Hero Factory back?
>>
So what is everyone's plans for the future? Will you switch to making moc bionicles or go back to regular lego or wait for lego to announce something to fill this niche?
>>
>>5843347
There was a Lego designer on the TTV JtO Makuta thread. He said he'd confirm the accuracy of some elements of the build and perhaps request more pictures on parts we had trouble with.

Can someone with a TTV account ask him to request more pictures of the Mask of Ultimate Power itself though? I want to see the piece alone from all angles, because I think it'd really help our Shapeways Mask Makers out.
>>
>>5843355
I plan to nuke this thread

And wait until something interesting pops up.
>>
>>5843350
systemfag pls go
>>
File: moup3.png (66KB, 465x481px) Image search: [Google]
moup3.png
66KB, 465x481px
>>5843360
That would actually be very helpful.
Also small update, still working on it
>>
File: Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
Itsy bitsy, teeny weeny.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>5843373
I want to kiss you on the mouth. [spoiler]No homo.[/spoiler]

It looks great so far. Could we maybe see it from the direct front? It's hard to tell how long those side-fins are from this angle.

Also, you plan on making it bigger than pic related right?
>>
>>5843355

I'm just here to shitpost and cultivate nostalgia after I lost my massive store of legos and bionicles during a move and my pathetic attempt to rebuild my stock with G2 just got shot dead.
>>
>>5843352
Hero factory is vomit-tier ugly
>>
>>5843410
Phantoka/Mistika sets were vomit-tier ugly on top of being fragile yet people still want those.
Just because something is terrible doesn't mean people won't want it.
>>
What is worse? Not getting a Mata Nui robot or JTO Makuta set?
>>
File: moupfront.png (106KB, 656x647px) Image search: [Google]
moupfront.png
106KB, 656x647px
>>5843398
Thanks, here's a pic from the front.
I'm making it the same size as in the contest video, which should be a bit bigger than that.
>>
>>5843422
like any cityformer or planetformer, there would be no possible way to justify any scale relation between a great spirit robot set and other bionicle products, so I'm less happy about not getting a Gen2 Makuta with mask of ultimate power
>>
>>5843421
The Adaptive Nuva also had years of nostalgic character development to back them up despite the quality of the actual sets, though. I feel like most of the core Heroes barely got any of that.
>>
>>5843422
Toa Mata Nui was their attempt at something sort of like it. At least we got THAT.
>>
>>5843426
So do you model professionally or is it a side thing?

Looks good, though. I agree with the other people who mentioned it: the smoothing you do is much needed over the jagged versions done by the other people.

Still cool to see people do this work to make up where Lego failed.
>>
>>5843355
I think I'm done buying lego unless they bring bionicle back. Not saying that in an angry way, just don't see a need to buy system sets or anything like hero factory. Most likely I still try to complete foreign G1 rare collectibles and maybe the 14k gold hau.
>>
>>5843373
Looks amazing keep up the good job anon!

>>5843398
Glad I'm holding off until a better looking one releases.
>>
>>5843355
i'll still build mocs I guess. the occasional bricklink order as well. lego money will probably go back into karate bugmen again
>>
>>5843429
While that is true, though I will note that the forms the mistika/phantoka toa were designed really wouldn't be recognizable as their characters unless you were told. Even Kopaka's distinct mask was established to be just a recurring trend with white bionicles, given Nuju's toa mask, and thus his phantoka set could also have been someone we didn't know.
I will say that hero factory had some good sets. Granted, they were exceptions that proved the point that hero factory sets were usually sub par, but not everything to come out of that brand was bad.
>>
>>5843435
True. Change out the yellow for grey and plop on a Mata head, then you have a basic MN robot.
>>
File: sexe makut.jpg (282KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
sexe makut.jpg
282KB, 1536x2048px
i really feel like submitting this
>>
>>5843426
Here are some shots from the official Flickr Gallery and a couple of constructive suggestions:

- The shaping of the fins that sweep backwards is a little off. They're not supposed to taper inwards toward the bottom but rather outwards a little.

- The bumps right of above the side fins should be a little more pronounced as well.

- A good point of reference for the overall size of the model is to make the center most circle of the forehead crest the exact same diameter as the circle on the foreheads of the MoC and MoCo.

Hope I've offered something helpful.
>>
File: Reference.jpg (169KB, 1048x638px) Image search: [Google]
Reference.jpg
169KB, 1048x638px
>>5843476
Shit. Forgot the picture.
>>
>>5843475
Do it faggot, post an ass shot.
>>
File: karzahni.png (218KB, 250x408px) Image search: [Google]
karzahni.png
218KB, 250x408px
What are the chances we will ever get a
pre-mutation Karzahni?
>>
File: bonklebutt.jpg (917KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bonklebutt.jpg
917KB, 2048x1536px
>>5843481
how convienient i have one right here
>>
>>5843483
Officially? What are you, retarded?
>>
>>5843486
shortstack.
>>
>>5843489
Some say I'm a dreamer, I know I can't be the only one.
>>
>>5843476
>center most circle of the forehead crest
Should clarify, not the INNER most circle, but the one between that and the outer rim of the six segments. Sorry if that's confusing.

I still think the most important alteration you should make is the taper of those swept fins.
>>
>>5843355
I'm done buying any new lego, but I might try and pick up some of the Bionicles I missed from 2001-2003.
>>
File: Island.jpg (100KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
Island.jpg
100KB, 637x358px
>>5843355
I'm waiting on LEGO to release something that isn't CCBS Star Wars. Until then I'll buy as much CCBS as possible before all Bionicle sets are gone for good.

If worse comes to worst, I might finally attempt to make a life-sized model of LEGO Island (from the old video game). Modern LEGO hardly interests me other than Mixels, and I've been meaning to try and recreate my other childhood love for years now.
>>
File: 1462728455575.png (29KB, 458x279px) Image search: [Google]
1462728455575.png
29KB, 458x279px
>>5843355
Dropping Lego entirely to focus on other hobbies. Two parts "Because I want to", one part spite.
>>
File: shadowmatoran.png (183KB, 328x339px) Image search: [Google]
shadowmatoran.png
183KB, 328x339px
Are there any close-ups of this model?
>>
>>5843632
That looks like the easiest to replicate, don't think you'd need more pictures
>>
Is there any way to get my hands on a skull slicer lewa mask without buying skull slicer? bricklink doesnt have any
>>
>>5843651
Nope, sorry bud
Skull Fuckers are on clearance everywhere anyway
>>
>>5843651
>bricklink doesnt have any
>19061pb01
>37 lots for sale

What? You're obviously doing something wrong.

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=19061pb01
>>
Hey, three questions for you guys.

1. When the MoUP is done, will there be a way to purchase it from someone?
2. Is there currently instructions for Ultimate Makuta?
3. How is everyone? Doin' good?
>>
>>5843681
1. From Shapeways, probably. Unless someone decides to make a mold from it and cast the mask in a cleaner material.

2. This is the best we got right now: https://www.flickr.com/photos/43377110@N06/sets/72157670900951320

3. Purty gud.
>>
>>5843681
1.shapeways
2. somehwere on flickr
3. I wish I was dead.
>>
>>5843681
1. The anon working on his MoUP will more than likely put it up on shapeways as everyone else has.

2. There's a collection of photos on flickr from Dorek as well as a topic on TTV regarding the Ultimate Makuta instructions. (I currently don't have links, sorry)

3. Pretty good. Working on Ultimate Makuta myself and anticipating anon's MoUP, and in a weird way it's bringing closure building the big bad and making it feel like Bionicle wasn't actually cancelled and I'm not missing out on the one important set that would've come from 2017.
>>
>>5843705
>as well as a topic on TTV regarding the Ultimate Makuta instructions. (I currently don't have links, sorry)
I gatchu' senpai: http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/the-lets-build-jto-makuta-topic/27002
>>
http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/the-lets-build-overlord-makuta-topic/27422/41

They also try to make the other ones too
>>
>>5843360
>>5843373
>Bionicle fans work in spite of TLC to make what they want

it's magical

>>5843355
I'm going to be moccing and making masks for people - of which I'm getting ever closer to being able to open up the store.
>>
>>5843476
>A good point of reference for the overall size of the model is to make the center most circle of the forehead crest the exact same diameter as the circle on the foreheads of the MoC and MoCo.

precisely, keep in mind that the actual injection molded part would include the "plastic entry area" as the same size and shape as literally all the other G2 masks thus far
>>
>>5843493
fuck you maurice I hate your stupid song
>>
>>5843439
Currently a hobby, but looking to do 3D art professionally in the future
>>5843476
Will definitely keep those in mind, thanks
>>
>>5843360
Anyone get around to messaging this guy yet?
>>
>>5843774
I just asked, waiting on the response.
>>
>>5843781
Awesome. Now we play the waiting game...
>>
>>5843657
not where i live and havent seen clearance online either lol

>>5843660
thanks, yeah I searched for lewa

i hope its not 2 dollars + 20 dollar shipping or something retarded
>>
>>5843734
>inb4 they get hit with a C&D
>>
>>5843796
Is "Mask of Ultimate Power" even trademarked?
>>
I'm willing to buy a full Ultimate Makuta off someone for a decent price.

I just don't have it in me to bricklink everything.
>>
>>5843355
I'll probably just switch over to bricks until something interesting pops up over here.
>>
>>5843355
Doing my best to finish my G1 collection, gonna be hard though as I need the vehicles and some of the bigger Rahi from the first year.
After/along that if they'll still have a constraction line, buy some sets and keeping MOC building too.
>>
Which new Gali should I get, master or uniter?
If I do end up getting uniter I will still get master's mask because I don't like any of the uniter masks.
>>
>>5843868
Master Gali is better in almost every conceivable way.
>>
>>5843881
Alrighty, was probably gonna get her anyways but thought I would get some input first.
>>
i had a dream that i opened a polybag including a gold MoUP and a black MoUP. tfw it will never happen irl.
>>
>>5843915
Fucking hate those kinds of dreams.
>>
File: 1463005633363.jpg (52KB, 638x647px) Image search: [Google]
1463005633363.jpg
52KB, 638x647px
I'd like to know exactly why they decided to cancel it so early on. Have they given us anything that isn't a corporate non-answer yet?
>>
>>5843937
It was a HAAAAARD decision for them because the line sold just FIIIIINE!
>>
>>5843937
I think we only got non-answers so far.
>>
>>5843937
Typically, Lego lines go on for at least 3 years before being cancelled.

Bionicle only had 2.
>>
>>5843915
I tend to have dreams about new bionicle sets. Most of the time they have a gritty mysterious feel to them, and most are titans/rahi with elaborate builds and metal as fuck masks.
>>
>>5843937
They probably didn't plan for it to go far if it didn't get popular enough.
>>
Does anyone have the list of sets that you need to make Makuta?
>>
File: 1470340088027.jpg (718KB, 925x782px) Image search: [Google]
1470340088027.jpg
718KB, 925x782px
>>5844057
>>
>>5843975
"Let's bring back one of our most beloved themes! Here's our game plan:
-Allocate only 20% of the original series' budget to the project.
-Withhold creative liberties from the story team so that we don't "confuse" children with the basic fundamentals of character development.
-Provide the line with close to zero real advertisement, and blow whatever else we could have put towards additional media on solid gold contest prizes.
-And if the whole endeavor FOR SOME REASON isn't as successful as Ninjago or Star Wars? Pull the god damn plug and shut this bitch down after only two years."

Fucking. Flawless.
>>
>>5843881
Post sexy gali
>>
The end of G2 burned me more then the end of G1, since my interest in Bionicle started to wane after the Inika. I'm thinking about experimenting with stop motion, and I hope we get more CCBS that isn't overpriced.

>>5844065

There's the lack of marketing no doubt, but I wonder if Bionicle would still be compatible with the current times.
>>
>>5844144
Bionicle is best left as an early 2000s thing IMO.
>>
>>5844144
Robots are cool no matter what and thats essentially what bionicle are

I think multimedia is really what helps toys sell these days though and g2 was very weak in that regard (JtO wasnt even really good)
>>
>>5843410
There is very little aesthetic difference between later hero factory and reboot bionicle. The skeletons seriously just seemed like a wave of Hero Factory villains the Witch Doctor would command.
>>
>>5844144
>make 10/10 masterpiece and put it up for sale
>dont tell anyone about it

As if its gunna sell
>>
>>5844194
First year bionicles did look quite hero factory ish but i was at one store and they had 2 hero factory sets and some bionicle, and the hero factory sets still looked dumb compared to it
>>
Eh...Is there anything to hope for in terms of anything new this leak season?
>>
>>5844063
why are his feet so small
>>
>>5844144
People who think that something like Bionicle wouldnt click with kids nowadays is generally a lego shill who believes they can do know wrong and the only way something of theirs could do poorly is if it was the worlds fault, not theirs.

Bionicle has every ingredient it needs to be successful, its basically Avatar meets Power Rangers meets Transformers, you should be able to sell it to anyone at anytime with good marketing.

The problem with G2 was 100% marketing for sure, when you see Nexo Knights come out at the same time, launching with a television show, it becomes obvious that Lego is capable of making something popular. I feel like they just dont care about constraction or Bionicle, as it became very clear how small their marketting budget was overall.

There was also a clear misunderstanding of what made the original Bionicle popular when it came to the new one, Lego seemed to think that complex terms, lore, and various in-depth worldbuilding would confuse kids rather than intrigue them. As much as it may not be so in practice, today's kids should have everything they need to be MORE educated and capable of critical thought than the original Bionicle audience, and yet you seem to treat them like actual idiots.
>>
>>5844203
Honestly i wouldnt be surprised if they stick with star wars ccbs only, until those sales start to stagnate, if they ever do

The thing is are those sets really doing that well? I see lots of them at every store that sells lego but i cant til if shelves are stocked full because they arent moving or employees fill shelves daily
>>
>>5844209
The real question is are todays kids generally smarter or dumber than we were?
>>
>>5844194
You're jaded if you think that's true.
>>
>>5844215
You would think that with the unabridged Library of Alexandria a tap or click away they'd be smarter. Or at least the means required to understand complex ideas would be easier for them to obtain. Remember when every commercial told kids to ask their parents before going online?...

...Is that still a thing? I barely watch TV at all anymore.
>>
File: mechkuta.jpg (1MB, 2400x3200px) Image search: [Google]
mechkuta.jpg
1MB, 2400x3200px
I felt like building a makooti while trying to decide whether I should go for rebuying sets or bricklinking parts to make the JTO one.
>>
>>5844256
That is really neat
>>
>>5844256
Thought it was kind of lame until I realized it was a mech for the Mask Maker.

That's rad.
>>
>>5844300
we think you're kind of lame
>>
>>5844308
But then you realized that your son was a bad ass mecha suit for Makuta.

Now you think I'm pretty rad.
>>
Why the FUCK did Ekimu keep telling the Toa:
>United but not One
>United but not One
>United but not One
>United but not One
>United but not One
When it was their fucking destiny to combine their powers into ONE so they could BTFO Makuta? It's even right in the title, Journey to ONE.

What the actual fuck Ekimu?
>>
>>5844386
Prophecy said that's what he had to tell them, so he did. And in the end, it actually worked.
The real message of G2 is "Just follow the instructions and it will all work out. Even if they make no sense."
>>
>>5844386
Maybe because he was expecting them to turn into an abomination against everything holy like Makuta and not a light show that sends everyone back to their elemental realms.
>>
>>5844393
>You know my brother Makuta and the crazy shit he did? Yeah, don't be like him.
>>
>>5844386
Even explained that way, I'm still not sure I understand the title for the Netflix show. Is it supposed to be like, an abridged version of the phrase "Six heroes Journey to One Destiny" or some shit? I wonder if we'll ever get a confirmation from Lego as to why they titled it that.
>>
So I take it neither bs01 nor bzp interviews are out yet
>>
>>5844400
>"Six heroes Journey to One Destiny"
That makes sense. But to cause more confusion, in the first episode Narmoto says "The SEARCH for One" instead. What the fuck does that mean? And if WE don't know, how does HE?

Is "ONE" supposed to be the Mask of Control? I don't fucking know anymore.
>>
>>5844391
>Lego Movie: Following instructions is nice but it's also not the only path. You can change the world by being creative.
>Bionicle G2: Don't diverge from the instructions. Nothing you do matters.
>>
>>5844420
I mean, not really. The message is more like "Time is resolute. You can't change your destiny."
>>
Whats ur headcanon /biog/?
>Lhikan escapes the Red Star and has a emotional meeting with Vakama
>Roodaka flees Order Of Mata Nui and works as a whore giving sexual services to Glatorian and Agori
>>
>>5844429
I've been thinking about if this idea could've been better if the toa were destined to fail, yet by combining their powers they'd prove everyone wrong about the whole things being set in stone notion.
I mean that's cliché too. Guess that's what you get when they tell you to rewrite the entire second half of your show mid-production.
>>
File: MaskofUltimatePower.jpg (200KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
MaskofUltimatePower.jpg
200KB, 800x800px
Since the Masks of Creation and Control have those writings on them, maybe it could be good to have the shapeways MoUP with those too, like a "special edition".

I don't know, just an idea.
>>
File: 1460958846750.png (171KB, 1023x925px) Image search: [Google]
1460958846750.png
171KB, 1023x925px
>>5844452
>>5844457
you will never live down this shame
>>
>>5844457
I think the idea is that the MoCo, MoC, and maybe even golden Unity masks were designed by ancient Okotans, so they're all mystical and shut with indecipherable runes. The MoUP and Protector masks were designed by the more modern Mask Makers, so they don't have those motifs.
>>
File: IMG_20160808_015001.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160808_015001.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
So I was doing some late night MOCing, trying to make a big guy villain more akin to Aku from Samurai Jack.

One thing led to another, and I eventually got this. (1/3)
>>
File: IMG_20160808_015542.jpg (4MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160808_015542.jpg
4MB, 2992x4000px
>>5844541
I realized that the MoCo actually looked really good on this, so I added some more gold to make it look like it had a somewhat decent color scheme. (2/3)
>>
File: IMG_20160808_015703.jpg (4MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160808_015703.jpg
4MB, 2992x4000px
>>5844544
I also incorporated a second pair of arms tucked away in the back, kind of like some sort of shadow arms since they're all black. The back is also satisfyingly armoured and not so gappy. I can take some more pictures of that tomorrow.

I think this is actually somewhat decent enough to enter in the Makuta building contest. Keep in mind I haven't MOCed seriously ever before, other than a couple small things here and there. What do you guys think? (3/3)
>>
>>5843355
I was already into System before G2 was leaked, so I'll just keep doing that.
>>
File: IMG_0127.jpg (1MB, 3124x2453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0127.jpg
1MB, 3124x2453px
>>5844541
>>5844544
>>5844551
Looks pretty solid, at least from the front.

You could make the thumb angle more natural by adding one of those small clip bars on each hand like pic related, at the cost of having one additional moving part that doesn't actually need to move.
>>
Can someone post that quake beast fix from a few threads ago and the parts needed.
>>
So why is Quake Beast $30 again? I managed to snag one for $13 shipped
>>
Still no downloadable versions of the last two episodes? Or are we just gonna wait for the supposed DVD release, if it ever happens.
>>
Does transparent plastic react to paint differently than normal one, or can I just get a spare Hero Pack and paint the mask black so I can build this >>5843632 ?
>>
File: 4593579.jpg (5KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
4593579.jpg
5KB, 192x192px
i can't really tell, but does the mask maker makuta moc from lego use this piece?
>>
>>5844824
Looks to me it's just re-used PoF build.
>>
>>5844828
i don't think it is because you can see the "3 holes" that you normally see on bones near the top of the arms. this leads to me believe that the smallest size bone is used on each arm.
>>
>>5844684
you'd have to prime it first, and primer sticks to anything
>>
I hate when my packages get stuck in limbo over the weekend, i feel like theyll get lost or stolen
>>
File: 20160808_141018.jpg (1001KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160808_141018.jpg
1001KB, 2048x1536px
>Have to take care of my nephew for a bit
>Having fun playing around the house
>Hear him call for me
>Turns out he found my old Bionicle parts box (Haven't gone through it in years)
>Asks if they're LEGO and I say yes
>Practically gets absorbed into it
>Sister shows to pick him up and he doesn't want to leave
>Blah blah blah yada yada they leave
>Go check out what he's been up to for hours
>Find these two
Huh
>>
>>5844989
looks pretty cool, I'm fond of the left one.
>>
File: 20160808_141806.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160808_141806.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>5844991
I think that one he spent the most on.
This is how it was originally. I didn't even know it had four arms until I was posing them around
>>
File: 20160808_142830.jpg (845KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160808_142830.jpg
845KB, 2048x1536px
>>5844996
Don't ask me what the gray pin is for.
>>
>>5845002
clearly an outie
>>
File: lego_pmd_999_11_28684431721_o.jpg (4MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
lego_pmd_999_11_28684431721_o.jpg
4MB, 5184x3456px
How do you attach the Ikir head / UtD horns part around the back of the Makuta combiner? It's the only part I don't get
>>
File: 20160808_144631.jpg (895KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160808_144631.jpg
895KB, 2048x1536px
>>5845010
Clearly. Here's the white one again
Apparently this one went through a bunch of revisions. When I'd check on him it was different
First it was red and orange with Jaller's Mahri mask and a flamethrower arm. Then it was blue and yellow with a sword and shield as some sort of underwater guardian
And then this
>>
>>5844436
>original hydraxon is on the red star, alive and well.
>Has been able to fend off the monsters aboard, whatever they may be but Greg farshtey was a fucking faggot and never finished his story serials on bioniclestory
>teams up with kopaka and pohatu to escape the red star either by fixing the teleport system or some other way
>meets the dekar transformed hydraxon
>???
also
>Eventually, the glatorian, toa, etc. will have to defeat the rogue great being, the skakdi, and most of all, the toa killing machine.
>>
Does anyone have a nice redo for Protector of Earth's weapon?
>>
>>5844436
>The Federation of Fear is still up and running, still run by Brutaka
>Instead of just having the Order of Mata Nui take care of Takadox, Brutaka does it himself
>There's a very weird sexual tension between Roodaka and Brutaka despite both hating each other
>>
>>5845012
>>
>>5844829
It is. Most people have been building it wrong. I haven't attempted it my self, but I can see there are short bones in the shoulders instead of Glatorian necks.
>>
File: 28144081414_6c8a619ede_h.jpg (322KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
28144081414_6c8a619ede_h.jpg
322KB, 1600x1066px
>thanks for enjoying six years of
>"The foot bone's connected to the leg bone,
>the leg bone's connected to the thigh bone,
>the thigh bone's connected to the torso bone,
>the torso bone's connected to the skull bone,
>now build with dem CCBS bones!"
>here's what the system is actually capable of but we waited until everything went downhill to show it to you
>>
File: 28656743542_410879f165_h.jpg (525KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
28656743542_410879f165_h.jpg
525KB, 1600x1066px
>hope you enjoyed those combiners that were just some set with three pieces of some others slapped on instead
>>
>>5845107
Bear in mind this was a set designer making a MOC. LEGO probably would never green light this onto store shelves due to its complexity and parts count.
>>
>>5845046
Can anyone give me a detailed picture of the top of the staff's construction and what piece makooti uses to hold it?
>>
>>5845107
>>5845118
So is this practically every piece from the sets, excluding trans-purple, trans-green and neon-green ones?
>>
>>5845130
I'm still hoping someone makes an inventory, because I seriously doubt it uses more than 30% of some required sets.
>>
>>5845160
Me too.

I know for a fact that I have a bunch of those already on my BL store and it's easy to just remove them there.

Also it's going to be so much cheaper to just BL the parts than buy 7 sets, two of which are discontinued and four are on their way out.
>>
>>5845122
Maybe not as a single set but a combiner of that complexity wouldn't be too out of question.
Shit like UtD with new fingernails and a longer torso or the Masters wielding Protector weapons was borderline insulting.
>>
>>5845199
Excuse you, beefed up Kulta wasn't half bad.

If you want truly bad combiner, there's always the Skull Clusterfuck
>>
>>5845129
If you're not using this page, it has some fairly clear shots of how the staff goes together.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/43377110@N06/sets/72157670900951320
He holds it using a Turaga hand that plugs into the thumb connector.
>>
>>5845205
There are a heaping handful of truly shitty G1 combiners too, though.
>>
>>5845222
This, too.

Even the oh so beloved Kaita are pretty bad.
>>
>>5845224
Personally, I think Takutanuva is among the shittiest. If you're nostalgia blind enough to contest that, I suggest you build it again and refresh your memory.

It's a load of ass.
>>
>>5845205
Skull Clusterfuck wasn't really all that bad.

The color scheme was a mess, yes, and I feel insulted that it used the two skulls with the most creative functions and then just half-assed it.

But I've seen worse
>>
>>5845234
Ultimate Dume and Voporak too haven't aged well.
>>
>>5845238
Really? I honestly think those ones aren't half bad. Only problem I have with them is that they sometimes have trouble supporting their own weight because of those shitty first generation friction connectors. Kardas has the same issue as well, though.
>>
Best combiners are both the Barraki ones. Kardas is only okay

come at me
>>
>>5845253
Can I come ON you instead?
>>
File: 28747941072_3177a301d9_o.jpg (93KB, 752x1500px) Image search: [Google]
28747941072_3177a301d9_o.jpg
93KB, 752x1500px
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-star-wars-rogue-one-official-set-images/
>>
>>5845277
I want dat robit.
>>
File: 28235472924_2c10269691_o.jpg (110KB, 826x1500px) Image search: [Google]
28235472924_2c10269691_o.jpg
110KB, 826x1500px
>>5845277
>>
File: 28235471014_30255ff8c7_o.jpg (124KB, 903x1500px) Image search: [Google]
28235471014_30255ff8c7_o.jpg
124KB, 903x1500px
>>5845277
>>5845290
>>
>>5845277
Well, gonna get the droid and the trooper, that's for sure
>>
>>5844063
Anybody feel like making a parts inventory for this?
>>
>>5844256
Love that Exo-toa
>>
can anyone who has ordered out of stock things from lego shop tell me if my order includes out of stock stuff can they just delay sending it until they get stock or do i get hit on shipping twice?
>>
>>5843350
Not as hard as your mom

XD
>>
>>5845277
>>5845295
>new thigh pieces
Neat.
>>
>>5845335
pretty sure your order wont ship until all items are available

>>5845277
this is the one star wars set i like so far
>>
>>5845277
how the fuck are those hips attached to his torso
>>
>>5845445
I think the hip is based on a Y axle and the legs connect to ball joint with an axle hole through them, but I could be wrong.
>>
>>5845277
>gimp robot
And I thought Roodaka was a bit much for lego.
>>
>>5845290
Are those new shell colors?
>>
>>5845482
Seems so, I think it's blue-ish grey
>>
Anyone have any HD rips of JTO season two?
>>
>>5845482
>>5845489
Yup. For color comparison, see the gun with gunmetal body piece and dark gray technic/system pieces next to each other.
>>
>I'm at this Buy/Sell used Lego store called "Bricks and Minifigs" looking through a bin of Bionicle parts.
>Little kid comes to join me searching in the bin.
>"Dad, what're these?"
>"I don't think those work with your normal bricks."
>"But what are they?"
>"I think they're Bionicles, they use these ball sockets, not studs like rest of your pieces at home."
>Kid picks up a half-built figure inside the bin, "This looks cool!"
>"Come on, son. You don't want these, let's stick with the REAL Legos."

FUCK that pissed me off. I had to leave. I was on the verge of cutting a bitch.
>>
>>5845575
Kids and parents these days are all mental midgets.
>>
>>5845247
the kardas dragon is an awesome piece on a shelf though
>>
>>5845491
Go to goybook and look up Bionicle Peru. They have all the episodes.
>>
>>5845575
>calling Bionicle not real Lego
There is having preferences and being a zealous brick AFOL, that father was the latter.
>>
>>5845575
It was your responsibility to explain to the kid why bionicle is superior. You failed your mission, officer. Leave your badge and kanohi at the door.
>>
>>5845575
>used Lego store called "Bricks and Minifigs"

Portland?
>>
>>5845591
Canby, actually.
>>
>>5845581
You're the best, cheers anon.
>>
>>5845589
I wanted to tell the kid that all systems are cross compatible and that Bionicle is awesome, but I'm not sure I had the tolerance at that point to convey it without blowing my lid and mouthing off the father for being a close-minded prick. He looked like the kind of lunatic that would shout back saying bullshit like "don't tell me how to raise my son!"

So I just left it be.
>>
>>5843594
do it.
>>
>>5843915
I had a strange dream as well.
>G2 had just been cancelled, so I went to my local ASDA / Walmart to pick up 2016 sets before they disappeared for good.
>Instead of Bionicle sets, there were a load of knockoff Hero Factory 3.0 sets.
>The more sets I looked at, the lower the prices seemed to get.
>Buy a couple of knockoff Rocka XL / Witch Doctor 2-packs for about £2 each.
>Wake up with the realisation that not only is G2 still cancelled, but I never got those cheap HF knockoffs.
Kill me.
>>
>>5844256
Enter the Makuta contest with that and you might not have to rebuy sets.
>>
File: GREEN SCREEN TECHNOLOGY.png (325KB, 605x350px) Image search: [Google]
GREEN SCREEN TECHNOLOGY.png
325KB, 605x350px
>>5845277
it's almost like it's wearing the armor addon as a trophy for killing bionicle
>>
>>5844989
How old is he? These are damn good.
>>
>>5845649
He's seven, I think
>>
>>5843915
I had a dream where I apparently had every G1 set
Then I woke up and remembered I lost a shit ton of sets and parts in a move
>>
>>5845575
>Bionicles
>not REAL Legos
I feel the same way as you, anon. There's only so many times you can politely correct ignorant parents. If I don't, I feel responsible for Bionicle's low sales as I'm not introducing kids to the theme. It's all over now, so the only consequence is that I get to buy the parts that the kid was eyeing up.
>>
>>5845643
It only comes with one as well, so you'll have to buy the figure then go on Bricklink for the other addon part.
>>
File: 2016-08-08 23-16-39.904.jpg (2MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-08 23-16-39.904.jpg
2MB, 2880x1620px
Shit. Not only are these hands completely incapable of holding his fuckhuge hammer, but my camera is also too potato to take a proper picture of what I have so far. The awful double gearbox shoulders should be fixed soon.
>>
>>5845688
>2880x1620
It's not your camera, anon.
>>
>>5845697
Is it a focus thing then? I can't seem to get anything better.
>>
>>5845688
>>5845705
>flat, single-color background (wall, sheet of paper, sheet of cloth, whatever)
>take your iso as low as the cameras settings will allow
>use a tripod/stand/ anything that's not your parkinsons hands
>set it on a timer
>point all the lights you have at your disposal that the subject
>upload the images to your computer, open up your image editing software of choice and adjust the hue, saturation, brightness and contrast as necessary
>downsize the image to a reasonable resolution (anything bigger than 1500px in length or width is just unnecessary)

Congratulations, you're now a competent photographer.
>>
>>5845705
You need more light.
>>
Why did the Ignika give Jaller such a downgraded Mask Power?
>>
>>5845766
Underwater shenanigans
>>
>>5843398
Why didn't your spoiler work? It looks right to me.
>>
>>5845936
[therearenospoilersontoy]nobody knows[/weirdhuh]
>>
>>5843594
i remember this game
fucking badass
and the sequel was great too
>>
>>5845107
>>5845118
are there clearer shots of the hip joints? there's no way this shit can stand with only one ball and socket for each hip with all that armor on; friction extenders be damned.
>>
>>5845972
Here's a video where someone builds it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTGu0i6RpPU
It's a bit sped up, but I think it can be followed, though I'm still waiting on my LoSS so have not started building yet.
>>
File: obama in the morning.png (229KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
obama in the morning.png
229KB, 640x480px
>dropping $100+ for a combiner
My wallet still hates me for finishing my PC, I wasn't ready for this shit.
>>
File: 1455633623744.jpg (371KB, 1280x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1455633623744.jpg
371KB, 1280x1080px
>>5846100
I know that feel, just paid my card off for the computer upgrades and now half-panick-edly purchased the sets I hadn't bought yet because they seem to be disappearing rapidly.
>>
The Hordika were a mistake.
>>
>>5845972
It... Actually does. The "skirt" holds the legs in place, but other than that, it's just one friction joint
>>
>somewhere out there in an alternate universe, G2 is the hottest Lego product on the market and we're looking at 2017 final form Toa that got shown at BonkleCon 2016

How bad does it hurt /biog/
>>
>>5846129
So far I nabbed UtH, MMvSG, LoSS because those will probably be the hardest to find due to popularity/age. Can't believe this is my third MMvSG and that I'll be buying three UtD when this is all said and done.
>>
>>5846199
When are we going to invent cross universe travel? I wanna go there. I also hope that universe has a good Bionicle TV series too.
>>
>>5846138

but then we wouldn't have hordika necks
>>
>>5845972
it can stand but it's really easy for it to fall over.
>>
>>5846186
The designers were on some other shit when they designed this, I honestly can't believe how well the model hokds up despite its own weight. My only grievances on the model are that the thighs could be longer. Also the back looks a load better if you add LOSS's HF chest plate.
>>
>>5846199
And there's also an alternate universe where The Phantom Menace was well-received and Jar Jar Binks was revealed to be a Sith Lord in Episode 2.
>>
File: 1469137972393.gif (646KB, 512x481px) Image search: [Google]
1469137972393.gif
646KB, 512x481px
>>5846199
In an alternate universe, Bionicle G1 never ended. It just got bigger and bigger until LEGO had to basically make an entire separate division devoted to Bionicle.

TV shows, good video games, comic books, a theatrical film or two. CCBS still became a thing, and the sets were very mediocre like the Hordika, but they got better and re-released the Toa Mata in CCBS form for a special 15th anniversary series.

To some, Bionicle felt run to the ground. The plot got more and more convoluted as more and more plot points reared their heads. Either way, the universe was extremely fleshed out like any major comic or movie series, with no stone left unturned.

Velika was only one of a bigger group of beings who thought the Matoran Universe was a bad idea. Alien invaders come to Spherus Magna, total war breaks out. Makuta is resurrected and plays second fiddle to whatever big bad is in each arc.

But no. We just got two year reboot of decent sets and a plot that makes Saturday morning cartoons look like Citizen Kane. End my life.
>>
>>5846246
They actually brought on multiple designers from different departments at Lego to put this model together. One of the guys who helped design it posted on the TTV forums that he usually builds for Mindstorms.
>>
>>5846272
Fuckin' aces. It's a pity that the villain models didn't get the same treatment, I'm sure they would have sold better if their designs had received a little more constructive criticism.
Umarak the Hunter is fucking perfect though.
>>
File: Ma-cutie.png (851KB, 1134x975px) Image search: [Google]
Ma-cutie.png
851KB, 1134x975px
Can we PLEASE collectively get to the bottom of how this fucker's torso goes together? I wish we could see the model from behind, because It doesn't make sense to me. And it's certainly NOT a re-use of the Protector of Fire torso build.
>>
File: DSCN8554.jpg (465KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN8554.jpg
465KB, 1200x1600px
>>5845640
Yeah, I submitted it to the contest! I'm not expecting much but it'd be a nice surprise to see it win anything.
>>
>>5846309
from what i experimented yesterday, the okoton armor is placed one pin above the 4 length shell, so that the other pin on the armor is unused.
>>
Went to TRU to try to pick up the summer sets since all I had was destroyer. Got the last Toa Ekimu for 22 fucking dollaroonies and Quaker for 17. Nobody respects the MSRP. Target has literally no bionicles on display any more and I called the Lego Store to find out they had none left and wouldn't get any more.
>>
>>5846329
I'm talking about how the arms connect. There are some 1 length bones connecting his shoulders, but what do those attach to?
>>
>>5846333
have you tried this piece? i don't have it so i don't know what it would look like irl.
>>5844824
>>
>>5846336
Yeah. I temporarily snagged one from my Grievous. It sets the shoulders way too low.
>>
>>5843355
I'd given away all my Lego several years ago, but the nostalgia brought on by the reboot got to me. I might check eBay once in a while to see if I can find any good deals on old sets, but this year's summer sets will be the last new Lego sets I buy anytime soon.
>>
>>5845107
I don't get how the left arm mechanism (the one on the right of this picture) is built, even from Dorek's photos.

Any help?
>>
>>5846463
the black pin that's used for onua's ammo wheel (don;t know what it's called) is connected to the t-beam. a black pin is used to connect the unity piece to the t-beam. i hope that helps.
>>
>>5845277
>The arms use 2-long axles in red
>Lower legs use the same axles in black
What is the logic behind this?
>>
>>5846480
to represent wires, maybe?
>>
>>5846480
>>5846489

These are big boys legos, bionicle is apparently for retards who can't recognize the right pieces without them being in fucking obnoxious colors.
>>
>>5843347
Somebody explain this shit to me! Is the market to oversaturated by action figures (Transformers,Gunpla) and lego has more success with their other simpler lines (Nexo knights, Ninjago and Chima) that they can't make Bionicle a hit anymore?
>>
has anyone here bothered to make this makuta model?
>>
>>5846530
Not really.

Piss poor marketing with uninteresting initial designs, with the implication that nostolgia would sell it when G1 bonkle fans mostly rejected it because CCBS left it dead on arrival. TGL axed it before it could either gain traction or completely tank.
>>
>>5846530
Lego is ran by old men who think fleshed-out stories are bad for children's imaginations, so they wanted to bring Bionicle back for its sales without bringing back what made the series popular. They realized early on that half-assing the series wasn't going to work, so they pulled the plug rather than learn from their mistake and correct it.

We're lucky we got anything resembling closure. These are the same assholes who were going to flip the switch in 2009 and tell us to make up our own ending.
>>
>>5846542
>who think fleshed-out stories are bad for children's imaginations
This is no excuse. Ninjago and Nexo have very fleshed out stories, and even Chima got an ending.
>>
With constraction gradually underperforming do you think 2016 might be a year without any sets, licensed or otherwise?
>>
>>5846559
Force awakens sequel figs
>>
>>5846309
I've never understood how either fan MOCs or this build creates the back of that hammer.

Can someone help me?
>>
>>5846563
Get old hand connector, technic ball, big spike, small spike, 4-long axle with stopper, six shooter and the same Technic connector Ekimu's hammer has.

It's not that hard.
>>
>>5845277
I just realized that, if we actually aren't getting any constraction besides Star Wars stuff in the near future, we probably won't be seeing many vibrant colors in CCBS for a while. That kind of sucks.
>>
>>5846567
Hero Factory gave us tonnes of vibrant colours. I'm glad Star Wars has CCBS, or we'd probably have never gotten Tan shells
>>
>>5846582
Also Star Wars gave us dark tan and normal brown CCBS parts
>>
>>5846591
Uniter Potato and CHI Vardy also had Dark tan
>>
What colors are we still missing for basic CCBS shells, anyway? Light grey, regular green, Onewa brown, dark green and blue...anything else?
>>
>>5846608
Shit, I meant dark red and blue. We got dark green with Cragger, right?
>>
File: 70203-1.jpg?201304141250.jpg (345KB, 2368x1601px) Image search: [Google]
70203-1.jpg?201304141250.jpg
345KB, 2368x1601px
>>5846608
>Onewa brown
Not happening in a million years. That color was discontinued in 2006.

>dark green
Pic related
>>
>>5846610
Dark red and dark blue exist, the former in chima and brain attack, the latter in the 2016 waves.
Wouldn't mind seeing them on multiple pieces however, ideally every size 3-6 shell should exist in any given color+basic torso armor.
>tfw still no size 4 red shells after 5 yrs
>>
>>5846610
>>5846614
There was also some dark red in the Hulkbuster
>>
>>5846621
>no Bionicle
Fuck off.
>>
File: WP_000160.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_000160.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>
File: WP_000155.jpg (1MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
WP_000155.jpg
1MB, 1944x2592px
>>
>>5846613
>Not happening in a million years. That color was discontinued in 2006.
That's not a bad thing. I got nauseous when I saw Ahkmou's brown in person on Christmas 2003(early LS@H release), and that nasty-looking gold on my new Takanuva Nikes didn't help. I might've been sick with something, but those two colors made my stomach churn for a while because they looked like puke at a glance.
>>
>>5846624
>>5846625
Immagonnahavetomakefemukata
>>
File: Makuta ultimate form.png (253KB, 540x801px) Image search: [Google]
Makuta ultimate form.png
253KB, 540x801px
>>5846638
let's flood the
entry page with Makuta's titties.
>>
>>5846330
>TRU

there's your problem, they consider $3 off to be "clearance" off of their already inflated prices
>>
>>5846641
I am so down with this plan.

I picked up a spare Skull Basher to try and build a Skull Tits, but I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing. Might just go with Femakuta above instead tho.
>>
>>5846608

Sand green (hopefully soon with Boba), pink, trans pink, trans red, and a whole plethora of pastel colors we're never gonna get.

Also, we never actually got olive green and medium azure shells.
>>
>>5846681
>a whole plethora of pastel colors we're never gonna get.
ELVES ULTRABUILDS.

EMBRACE IT, IT'LL BE A GOOD THING
>>
Requesting the nostalgic bionicle medley cover mp3 link, heard it once in an earlier biog, made me cri
>>
>>5846685
I would support Elves Ultrabuilds. Be better than SW Ultrabuilds.
>>
>>5846695
They would be better because they wouldn't cost an arm and a leg like SW
>>
File: 26060053374_a49e75183c.jpg (78KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
26060053374_a49e75183c.jpg
78KB, 500x375px
>>5846685

I was actually about to add pic related to >>5846681 but forgot.

I was exactly thinking about Elves Ultrabuilds. Lavender, spring green, light aqua, pink, pastel yellow, you name it.
>>
>>5846706
>Girl Lego theme gets neat, properly articulated dragons
If those sets weren't so expensive I'd get those dragons...
>>
>>5846718
Didn't Ninjago get dragons?
>>
>>5846706
Still no one has made CCBS dragon girls with these. Disappointing.
>>
>>5846251
>Makuta is resurrected and plays second fiddle to whatever big bad is in each arc.
Reminds me of how Wuya was resurrected for the second time in Xiaolin Showdown.
>>
>>5846613

I actually have this guy and beefed him up with spare parts from the wolf dude and it's pretty badass
>>
>>5846722
yeah, better ones even
>>
>>5846706

Bionicle dies but fucking LEGO ELVES lives to see who knows how long

fuck
>>
>>5846722
No, those were quite pricey here too.
>>
What happened to Toa-Ju?
>>
>>5846722
They look like absolute gappy trash though and none use mixel joints.
>>
>>5846746
Gas chamber?
>>
>>5846746
Who?
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 711x919px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 711x919px
So I decided to go the extra mile for our Lord and Savoir since I deconstructed most of my collection and I'll be damned if he doesn't look sexier in purple.

He'll be done once an order for his staff and inner chest come in the mail. Figured someone would be curious as to if it were possible to go this route for the color scheme an by golly is it worth it.
>>
>>5844436
Somewhere far off in the great ocean on Spherus Magna Mata Nui was completley recreated
>>
File: Femukata.jpg (278KB, 741x725px) Image search: [Google]
Femukata.jpg
278KB, 741x725px
>>5846641
>>5846648

So here's My attempt at a Femakuta. Be gentle, it's My first bonkle MOC ever.

The idea was to try and tie her to the Skull villains, the bigger pieces are attached to her her thighs to the sides for some Hartman hips. I also added extenders on both sides to try and give her leeeeeeeegs. The hammer is just something thrown together quickly, as I'll probably take this apart sooner than later.

>>5846810
That looks killer as fuck.
>>
>>5846810
>six trans-purple Bohrok teeth
This is what's holding me back
>>
>>5846853
I just used the crystals from monster fighters for the thumbs and the toes and fingers are just from terak.
>>
File: Mask_of_Control.jpg (21KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Mask_of_Control.jpg
21KB, 200x200px
I'm not the only one who thought the mask of control was inherently feminine am I?
>>
>>5846927
It looks like a woman who's trying to make her chin look bigger by making a funny face and has painted more manly eyebrows.
>>
File: predator_mask.jpg (30KB, 310x320px) Image search: [Google]
predator_mask.jpg
30KB, 310x320px
>>5846927
Reminds me of this
>>
>>5846625
I fucking love that torso build.
>>
File: image.png (90KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
90KB, 300x450px
>>5846927
Its always given me a pharoah headress vibe
>>
File: cute girl.png (97KB, 617x599px) Image search: [Google]
cute girl.png
97KB, 617x599px
>>5846927
>>5846935
>>
File: Kopaqu.png (34KB, 443x442px) Image search: [Google]
Kopaqu.png
34KB, 443x442px
>>5847021
I am using this post as an excuse to post this horrible thing that I will likely never get another excuse to post ever
>>
>>5846927
I see a Predator mask like >>5846983
>>
File: armon1.jpg (41KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
armon1.jpg
41KB, 330x500px
>>5846927
>>5847012
>>
>>5846810
O-Oh my.

Makuta in Purple is even BETTER than I thought it'd be...I need this...

but what happened to the center of his torso?
>>
>>5847204
The build uses two of LoSS's neon red technic beams in the chest. I replaced them with black but only had the four black ones from UtD. So I have the last two for the chest coming in the mail.
>>
>>5847061
t-thanks lego...
>>
>>5847243
they're neon orange you fuck
>>
>>5847061
Leaked concept art?
>>
Outside of Uniter Tahu's kneecaps being used on Makuta, is there anything else specific to him being used? I'm considering just ordering those on Bricklink since I've gone to several stores and can't find any Tahu's for sale, and he's the last one I'm missing. I've actually seen more LoSSs and Masters than I have Uniters.
>>
>>5847455
Mostly the smaller parts and few bigger CCBS bones and the golden armor add ons.
>>
>finally buy two masters after only having uniters
>tfw theyre way better

better colour schemes, feel a lot more solid, dont shake after the slightest vibration, look more like actual action figures etc.
>>
>>5846844
This is pretty ok.
>>
Lava Beast, ketar and uxar are coming in the mail tomorrow, which one should I build first?
>>
>>5847517
One of the Creatures. Save Lava for last.
>>
Yooo MoUP anon. Any progress?
>>
>>5847541
Lord Moupanon, the legendary Mask Maker.
>>
File: OP's origin story.jpg (84KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
OP's origin story.jpg
84KB, 350x233px
>mfw realizing that I'd need to buy multiples if I want a bunch of transparent CCBS shells in many colors
>mfw don't have enough money to be so irresponsible
>>
File: IMG_2270.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2270.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
So i was reading some JoJo's bizarre adventure recently and got inspired to do something dumb:

Make the 2015 toa have stands, made from the 2016 toa (plus creature/potector parts). After around 30 mins tinkering, this is what I've got.

I actual kinda like it. I did an Onewa too but he's not quite done yet.Thoughts?
>>
>>5847600
That's fucking amazing, and kind of fits too with the Creatures and unity and what not.

I would suggest you try that with Ekimu and his 2016 counterpart as well.
>>
File: IMG_2271.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2271.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
This one's not finished yet, I just wanted to recreate this iconic pose
>>
File: IMG_2272.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2272.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>5847619
I had a quick shot at it, just removed 2016 ekimus legs and attached his waist articulation to 2015 ekimus shoulder one. had to rebuild 2015's legs with a bunch of friction to get him to stand up though.

wasn't sure what style ekimu's stand would be, but as it's bursting with raw energy, i figured a strong, star platinum style shot would look cool. kinda just looks like a 4 armed, two headed ekimu though...
>>
>>5847639
Stand for umarak and kulta, please I'm loving these, not much a fan of the show.
>>
>>5847639
Not bad at all! I've been thinking of getting a second 2016 Ekimu and focus on making a bigger hammer for him and calling that stand "Hammer Time".

Does small Ekimu have bigger feet as well as the modified lower legs there?
>>
File: IMG_2273.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2273.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
One more for tonight

mixed on this one, I kinda like the cloak wings but i'm not sure how to make the swords look not goofy with him wrapped around lewa like that
>>
>>5847662
I did the skull warrior trick of just adding more surface to his small feet, the big ones looked out of proportion

>>5847659
dont have the umarak the destroyer set yet and i'm not too sure what i'd change about kulta to make it more "standy".
Might try cannibalising some earth and jungle sets together to make a shadowy/kulta-y, figure to loom over him, maybe holding his bow for him
>>
does anyone have any cool ways to make master pohatu better? I have uniter and also want master but he honestly isnt very good looking, the only thing going for him really is the stormerangs. feels like he has too much silver too but again I could use some motivation to buy him to finish my collection

>>5847670
ikir one and ekimu one look really good. gali looks awkward and lewa looks pretty good
>>
>>5847680
Honestly I think Master Pohatu is one of the better masters. the silver on one arm makes it look almost robotic (or at the very least, the asymentry looks great). this combined with his height and amazingly sculpted mask (one of my favourite G2) give him a real personality. Plus if you want more brown in him you can sacrifice some protector parts (his protector is also one of the best protectors)

having said that, no idea how to not make his stand not look like puke with all the different pallets used.

glad you like the ones I've made so far, the Gali one was really just for the pose, gona straighten the uniter up a bit, space her away a little and add more fishy things to her (like the creatures tail)
>>
File: 2016-08-09 15.09.26.jpg (293KB, 459x818px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-09 15.09.26.jpg
293KB, 459x818px
>Went to Target
>Noticed the Bionicle sets weren't in their usual spot
>Go to the clearance aisle
>This was literally the only Bionicle set in the entire store

It hurts
>>
>>5847701
>Meanwhile we still have full priced 2015 and 2016 sets
>>
>>5847692
how does master pohatu look if you take the knee pads and put them on his feet?
>>
>>5847701
>price cuts in America
>Russia got some wack polybags
>certain parts of Europe get magazine with existing-parts sets
Being Australian is suffering.
>>
>>5847707
yup, at literally every online shop in canada they are all full price, the only time I saw bionicle for cheaper was at walmart but they only had 4 to choose from (1 i already had) and were still only 4 dollars cheaper
>>
>>5847712
The most discount I ever saw was 10% in an online store, but some stores do have cheaper prices compared to store prices.
>>
>>5847715
*some online stores
>>
File: 562.png (756KB, 957x1200px) Image search: [Google]
562.png
756KB, 957x1200px
>>5847659
>>
Can anyone who built jto makuta help me out a bit? I've got the legs complete, but that's about it. Based on the pics from flickr I'm having issues with how pretty much everything else is built. Can anyone whos built it post some shots of individual parts from a front and side view? Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>5847701
I know the pain. I went to Wallmart and the only sets in the store were two Skull Bashers with crushed boxes in the clearance isle. I saved one from the indignity since I hadn't picked him up yet.
>>
File: Femakuta Guard.jpg (269KB, 939x579px) Image search: [Google]
Femakuta Guard.jpg
269KB, 939x579px
>>5847516
>pretty ok

That's better than I expected, actually, especially with a first time MOC. I'm still tinkering with the hammer build, but I think she sets out My goals pretty well, which was to make a skull villainess and be simple enough to fit in with official skull sets.

I'm tempted to submit her for the Makuta contest. Most of the other submissions so far are overdesigned clusterfucks.
>>
>>5847945
Don't have Quake Beast?
>>
>>5847954
Only picked up Umarak the Destroyer and Ekimu so far. Didn't care for the beasts, but I might pick them up for parts.
>>
>>5847958
Storm and even Quake are pretty great parts packs.
>>
Our MoUP Mask Maker friend better not abandon us.
>>
>>5847659
>>5847759
I was thinking UtD's Stand could've been split up among the Beasts as "Earth, Wind, and Fire", but Storm Beast is actually water and ice and EW&F is already a thing in JoJo.
>>
>>5847659
>implying they don't go the Dio and Kars route and get stronk through masks
Maybe Umarak could go DIO and get a Stand plus being powered up >>5848141.
>>
File: 28730265056_e21bb6258d_k.jpg (316KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
28730265056_e21bb6258d_k.jpg
316KB, 2048x1365px
I must be retarded because one of the simplest things about JTO Makuta is fucking my shit up.

How does this go together?
>>
>>5848288
That one black 3M axle/pin with 2M of axle and the black technic connector used to connect the shadow trap halves to the gunmetal Uniter piece on Umarak come to mind.
>>
>>5848292
Shit, you're right. Thanks mang.
>>
>>5847819
You have to slow down the video, but this should help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTGu0i6RpPU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJYjR8qgx3M
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 500x375px
If we take off the tiles, we can pretend the heroica dice to be a nuva cube.
>>
Is anyone else curiously relieved about the end of Bionicle? I couldn't see myself sinking another 10 years' worth of money into the line. I don't have the space, for starters.

The fact that G2 gave us good MOCing parts and we have the ability to build some form of Makuta as a sendoff is good enough for me.
>>
>>5848495
Holy shit, now I want to get the Nuva symbols laser printed on 2x2 tiles. Can't believe I never thought of that.
>>
>>5848140
Hopefully life is just getting in the way atm.
>>
>>5848555

I kinda was worried about money and space myself, because this was really the only line I bought consistently. Everything else was just little things here and there I thought were cool. So yeah, now I can save some money and don't have to worry about any more significant shelf space.
>>
>>5848140
>>5848616
I'm still here, will post progress hopefully later today.
>>
>>5848555
I wouldn't have wanted it to go on for 10 years or anything (especially with this quality of story and marketing), but at least one extra wave just to have a properly planned and executed ending for once would have been nice.
>>
>>5846844
So something like Makuta getting the Mask of Ultimate Power and then giving his Mask of Control to a qt female commander Bonkle?
>>
File: it's_tight.png (109KB, 364x187px) Image search: [Google]
it's_tight.png
109KB, 364x187px
>>
http://faberfiles.blogspot.co.at/2016/08/flashback-to-battered-and-discontinued.html
Turns out Faber still has a whole bunch of unused DEEPEST LORE stuff for HF lying around. I wonder if it actually had its own GSR-tier twist planned at some point.
>>
>>5848599
It should be trivial to make some [spoiler]stickers[spoiler] for it.
Also I will never not be mad the Toa Nuva didn't come with Nuva symbols and there was never a Nuva cube bundled with Cahdok and Gahdok or randomly dropped in Nuva mask packs or something.
>>
>>5848727

>its own GSR-tier twist planned at some point

IIRC there were hints to a galaxy/universe-wide conspiracy against the Factory in the side material.
>>
Does anyone remember the bionicle TCG? I have a pack lol
>>
>>5848727
>dat Robo-Deadpool Furno
>>
>>5848792
hero factory is the ugliest shit like did the designers even try?
>>
File: 1470849930580-1403650540.jpg (598KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1470849930580-1403650540.jpg
598KB, 2048x1152px
Guess what came in the mail, Biog!
>>
>>5848845
Roodaka fleshlight?
>>
>>5848845
Twenty pounds of [spoiler] pauldrons
>>
>>5848849
I want this
>>
>>5848845
"replacements" for Star Wars shoulderpads.
>>
File: 14708504125091003449113.jpg (673KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14708504125091003449113.jpg
673KB, 2048x1152px
>>5848849
I wish
>>5848852
I WISH.
>>
File: pauldrons.jpg (11KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
pauldrons.jpg
11KB, 400x264px
>>5848852
lewd
>>
>>5848862
McHahli?
>>
File: 14708507971671355127335.jpg (739KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
14708507971671355127335.jpg
739KB, 2048x1152px
It's just this junk.
>>
anyone use fedex? what time do they usually deliver on weekdays? my package was 20 minutes away 4 hours ago so wondering when itll be here
>>
>>5848761
>hints to a galaxy/universe-wide conspiracy against the Factory

i dont remember this, can you elaborate?
>>
File: 1470852338412-1310685104.jpg (561KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1470852338412-1310685104.jpg
561KB, 2048x1152px
I'm so happy he's done.
Now to spend even more money on Ultimate Makuta when the instructions and part count comes out.
>>
>>5848915
The secret mission books 4 and 5 hinted at a government conspiracy bent on shutting down and/or destroying Hero Factory.
>>
File: 250px-The_Shadowed_One.png (209KB, 250x376px) Image search: [Google]
250px-The_Shadowed_One.png
209KB, 250x376px
I love this guy but I always wondered one thing. Karzahni was a mythical being so it made sense he'd be able to fight on par with Teridax, but him? As far as we know, he's just some guy. Are you really telling me there's a whole race of beings as strong as a Makuta? Or was he way stronger than his people?
>>
>>5848954
There were HF books?
>>
>>5848996
That, comics, multiple pretty neat online games, podcasts, a order-your-own-hero service and more.

Surprise, surprise - HF actually had way more effort put into it than you guys thought.
>>
>>5849020
still ugly ass shit tho
>>
>>5849020
I recall the games and custom hero making and podcasts, but haven't seen/heard of books or comics.
>>
>>5848993
He probably is a lot stronger than others of his race. Being the leader of the world's largest mercenary organization implies a high level of training and experience, plus great access to tech/drugs/whatever else MU inhabitants can use to boost their strength.
But if a species who all had free unlimited teleportation (Botar's) barely impacted the story, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of one strong enough to fight Makuta just chilling on some random island either.
>>
File: ez16wuq9.jpg (1MB, 830x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ez16wuq9.jpg
1MB, 830x1280px
>>5849076
The comics were even done by the same guys at DC behind the Bionicle comics.
>>
>>5849090

Even HF got shit like this and we got 1 minute animations

What did we do wrong bros
>>
>>5849090
Huh, interesting, problem is just like the Bionicle comics these comics never got here so I never had a chance to pick them up, but maybe on e-bay or some other place I can find them for a decent price, same for the books.
I only have the first 4 Bionicle books and the "guide" it had after that 4 and The Maze of Shadows, that's it. Hungary barely got anything else besides the sets.
>>
>>5849094
You bought too much licensed shit.
>>
>>5849094
We failed to make HF popular enough to keep budget flowing towards constraction, but not so popular that all plans for a Bionicle reboot were abandoned.
>>
>>5848674
I was going more for that Makuta was Ekimu's QT evil sister. But I wanted to tie her to the Skull Army.

I'm not sure how I'm going to use JTO Makuta, if I do at all. But I'm probably going to get the sets to build JTO Makuta.

But QT female commander bonkle with Mask of Control works too.
>>
>>5849075
hf had some really solid sets if you ask me
>>
>>5849109
That's fucking retarded.
The whole idea of "it they don't like this shitty version of [popular thing], why bother making a better one?" is retarded. It makes people so afraid that their favorite thing will never get better (or die entirely) that they'll buy anything just to make sure it sells well enough to not get discontinued. It's the same excuse people used for buying Federation Force.
Aren't business people supposed to be able to make profitable decisions that benefit them in the long-term?
>>
>>5848727
he deleted everything he wrote in that post. i guess what he wrote was a little too revealing for lego.
>>
>>5849223
What's it say?
>>
>>5849244
basically that there was supposed to be a twist that would reveal that the heroes arent the true heroes of the story, but someone else. he also said that they had more story material laid out for the line at its beginning than they had for bionicle but that a lot of it never saw the light of day
>>
MoUP anon were you still working on it? Any progress and did you have an idea on when it would be done?
>>
fedex was 15 minutes away 8 hours ago, why do they take so long to deliver damnit I just want my lava beast. delivery hours are gunna be over soon
>>
>>5849248
please elaborate, i fear i will never know what it said now.

sure wish i had have been in this thread earlier :(
>>
>>5849329
There isn't much to elaborate on, he didn't go into specifics. He wanted to keep the details to a possible future post.

At any rate, the following parts have been quoted in a thread on /m/:

>Having worked on both Bionicle and HF from the very beginning I can tell you that the work that went into creating the HF universe was much more deep than the early foundation of Bionicle.
>The backstory of HF is extremely deep and epic and hold secrets that were never used. They are still in the huge concept bible that I keep.
>Hero Factory was only meant as a location springboard into this vast story universe and the story was meant to get much more personal when the real truth about the factory was discovered. The idea of a factory that builds cocky heros made to specifications was actually a provocation to the whole legendary hero story we had told in Bionicle. The real hero would be found somewhere else
>>
>>5849336
>The idea of a factory that builds cocky heros made to specifications

I think I might have been too quick to dismiss HF in the past.
>>
>>5849267
Been kinda busy but I'm still working on it, hope to have it ready next week.
>>
>>5849336
fuck that sounds so good, hero factory actually could have been cool

i totally saw something like that in it during it's first two years, then i kind of felt weird when it just kept going into this weird disjointed mission sequence with no real depth
>>
File: 1430953585198.jpg (26KB, 283x323px) Image search: [Google]
1430953585198.jpg
26KB, 283x323px
>>5849336
>hero factory could have been potentially related to bionicle all along
>but it was never successful because everybody sperged out

>>5849271
and then they deliver it to your neighbor instead
>>
>>5849336
Okay, I managed to reconstruct the text via Google.

(1/2)
The last HF episode "Invasion from below" became the most watched piece of content on LEGO's website the year it came out. At the same time it marked the end of the short life of Hero Factory. It was criticised for a lot of different reasons but here are a few personal views on this battered factory.

"Invasion from Below" was made on a very low budget by Advance and Ghost who made all the original Bionicle animations. The episode was a struggle because the storyline got changed dramatically during production. It was definitely ment to be continued because (of cause) the Queen wasn't gone and the case wasn't closed for HF. The voice actor changes was done for budget reasons because we didn't have budget for the the original voice actors.

Having worked on both Bionicle and HF from the very beginning I can tell you that the work that went into creating the HF universe was much more deep than the early foundation of Bionicle. We wanted to use all we had learned from Bionicle but make something that was really different from Bionicle yet as epic and big and therefore we created what we called a "realtime IP" meaning that this was not a legend, it was actually happening now somewhere in another galaxy. We wanted to mirror present day but in a tech build-up. In some way inspired by the humor of The Incredibles by Pixar.
>>
>>5849354
(2/2)
The backstory of HF is extremely deep and epic and hold secrets that were never used. They are still in the huge concept bible that I keep. I hope to get to show them and do a extensive blogpost about HF and it's creation on this blog when the time is right. A last note is that Hero Factory was only meant as a location springboard into this vast story universe and the story was meant to get much more personal when the real truth about the factory was discovered. The idea of a factory that builds cocky heros made to specifications was actually a provocation to the whole legendary hero story we had told in Bionicle. The real hero would be found somewhere else...:) to be continued...

Don't know if any sentences are missing.
>>
>>5849336
i always wondered if that vibe was sort of ironic or not. With the cocky summaries and the signatures and first and last names.

faber is honestly an idea genius and i wish they would put enough faith into the concepts like these. it's the main reason bionicles g1 execution was so good. Ignoring gregs convolution and overcomplications, the main story is so good.
>>
>>5849354
>>5849357
holy shit nice job man, thanks a lot
>>
>>5849339
Can't wait for the finished model. I've been holding off on the other 2.
>>
File: question dog.jpg (18KB, 337x342px) Image search: [Google]
question dog.jpg
18KB, 337x342px
>>5847701
>Target has sets on clearance
>Walmart has sets on clearance
>Barnes & Noble still sell them full fucking price
>Lego store doesn't even stock them anymore
>the other three places still have tons of skull sets

Also where the fuck can I find a Tahu Uniter, it's the only one I can't find for the combiner.
>>
>>5849427
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LG71308#.V6vFcWb2bIU
>>
>>5849433
Can I trust them anon? It looks sketch.
>>
>>5849436
How have you never heard of entertainment earth?
>>
>>5849439
Honestly no, not until now. [toyspoiler]Kmart has cheaper shipping anyway.[/toyspoiler]
>>
File: fuckmyshitup.jpg (105KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
fuckmyshitup.jpg
105KB, 960x960px
>>5849427
Try being Canadian.

>LEGO Shop at Home has very few of the sets left
>local LEGO Store won't fucking stock any at all
>no other retailer has any anymore
>can't find a decent Bricklink store that doesn't cost out the nose for shipping
>my only option is Toys R Us, and they're all still full price

I'm seriously considering Bricklink. Been meaning to for months now. It'll probably be cheaper than buying the full sets in store, but shipping is my concern. How do you guys go about with domestic shops and shipping?
>>
>>5849444
Yeah, Kmart is where I found my Uniter Tahu too.
>>
>>5845277
>>5845290
>>5845295

Good lord, I can see them exhuming shelf warmth. People skipped the more iconic SW sets like Vader. What makes LEGO think these won't tank at least just as badly?

Kinda interesting pieces, but I'm not paying 5€ to have "Star" and another 5€ for "Wars" printed on a box I'm going to throw away.

The robot is straight out of a concentration camp run by space krauts. The trooper is a very expensive army builder. The token chick is giving off some might uncanny valley with her head. The only reason to buy her would be to give her to Hugebricks and ask he works his magic on her.

Also the pictures have been removed. What other Rogue One sets were there?
>>
>>5849526
>The robot is straight out of a concentration camp run by space krauts
You understand the Empire are LITERALLY space Nazis, right? Your assumption is entirely possible.
>>
>>5849526
These three and system shit.
>>5849357
>The real hero would be found somewhere else
You guys are probably looking too deep into this, likely he just meant that heroes become heroes trough their actions.
>>
>>5848792

>Cocky red robots with guns

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=juJ5A4VbM8s

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Q8kXBIaxg

>>5848818

They did but as with everything LEGO had it "processed" in all aspects for family friendlyness. Don't you remember the skullfuckers concept art?
>>
>>5848845
The MoUP :v
I'm a retard I know......
>>
>>5849354
>>5849357
shit dude nice job
>>
>>5849536

Part of the reason behind my joke. I don't know about you guys but I tired of being served nazis in various forms. Normal nazis, space nazis, zombie nazis, modern nazis, mutant fantasy nazis.
I know the jews are trying to bleed them dry for money and victim priviledge, but fuck's sake. Oversaturation.
Evil states can come in many different forms. Totalarian states, morally decaying states, well intentioned extremist states, impersonal states that manage people like just another resource (soviet).

>>5849545

My guess is that either the people would eventually rise on their own, the villain factory villains would realize they can decide their moral alignment for themselves, or the heroes would realize it and stay good not because they were built to act like it but because they feel like it.

Or Zeeb would commit Matoro for your sins.
>>
What did everyone think of the personality changes for the Toa between G1 and 2? If they changed personalities to introduce character flaws and development, then I have no issue with that. But the execution was obviously horrible.
>>
>>5849601
>I know the jews are trying to bleed them dry for money and victim priviledge

they're the safest kind of villain though, everyone with a shred of decency hates them
>>
>>5849613
They were a half assed rush job with no thought put into them, just like the rest of g2
>>
>>5849613
Kopaka was more of a vocal asshole.
Tahu was less of an asshole.
Gali was more intolerant.
Lewa was less of a loner and more friendly.
Onua was... honestly about the same for the most part.
Pohatu was an entirely different character all-together.

I think the only change I actually liked was Pohatu. He wasn't at all G1 Brotahu no, but I sort of liked his new personality, especially in 2015... In fact I feel like these characters in JTO were not only different from their G1 counterparts, but also different from their own selves from 2015.
>>
>>5849619
The problem here is that they attach everything they dislike to nazis

There's a reason Kylo's lightsaber is a cross.
>>
>>5849613
The changes didn't seem to contribute anything to the plot, and the Toa themselves were pretty two-dimensional compared to G1. To me it felt like they were just making them different for the sake of it.

Kopaka trying to take charge didn't really go anywhere and just felt weird, Pohatu going from arguably the most down to earth of the bunch to an asshole ruined my favorite Toa, Tahu flat out didn't even have a personality in year two (though it was refreshing to see him out of the spotlight for once), and Gali's character was as flat as a board.
>>
>>5849633
Pohatu is a miracle.
You can flip everything about him that made him likable in the first place and he's still the best.
>>
>>5849613
I didn't like how they did a total 180 on Pohatu at first, but I reminded myself that this isn't G1, so change should be expected. I actually liked him in the webisodes, a shame they rewrote him again for JtO. Of course, I missed his chemistry with Kopaka, but then again, ALL the Toa severely lacked interactions.

As a whole, I didn't really mind their characterization in the webisodes, apart from Gali who basically received none.

Their JtO personas were another matter. Lewa was okay but I missed his jerkish behavior. Onua was for the most part great, probably his best animated representation so far since MNOG (also dug his voice, it didn't make him sound like a dumb brute).

The rest were shit. Pohatu wasn't a quiet badass anymore, just a stubborn jerk, Tahu and Gali were nobodies, and what the fuck was up with Kopaka? He certainly wasn't his G1 self, nor his "I didn't slip and I hate fire" self from the animations. Seems like he was a wastebasket for random personality traits that should have been given to the others. It was as if G1 Pohatu and Kopaka were given the task to play each other's roles and failed at it.
>>
>>5849633
>2015 Pohatu

>Independent
>Cynical
>Knows shit
>Does shit
>Steps up whenever no one other will
>Takes drastic action
>Physically strongest by a long shot
>Too powerful to need outright lethal weapons like the others
>Could use his elemental powers even before he got his golden mask

I wonder who was the based as fuck manlord who took LEGO's almost-disowned toa and turned him into bonkle Chuck Norris.
>>
>>5847710
where are you going to get/did get the last wave, none of the stores have it here and i think my only option as ausfag is to buy from lego online shop
>>
>>5849688
2015 Pohatu > G1 Pohatu >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit > 2016 Pohatu
>>
>>5849711
I bought my stuff online, yeah.
>>
File: Kos, or for some Kosm.png (514KB, 556x799px) Image search: [Google]
Kos, or for some Kosm.png
514KB, 556x799px
>>5849633
>Lewa was less of a loner and more friendly.
>Tfw it just dawned on my as to the raisin why Lewa speaks in a weird dialect in Mask of Light is because he doesn't talk to a lot of people
>Lewa's speech is all messed up because he doesn't know how to talk to people
>>
>>5849748

You're being too harsh. 2016 Pohatu had the spotlight, character development, was strong on his own, was the only toa to lay a hand on Umarak, and he managed to take the mask away from him. I haven't watched the last two episodes yet though.

Also his toy's flail weapon makes the most out of the fuction.
>>
File: 973297918978.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
973297918978.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>5847463
Yeah, I'm dumb, not sure how I didn't notice that before. Thanks

>>5849427
I found mine on clearance at Target. Try going to B&N's website and click "Available for Pick Up In Store". If a local store has it, you can reserve it online and they'll email you when they've found it on the shelf/in the back. Then you pick it up. TRU as a last resort. I don't even bother with Walmart in my area, since the two closest to me only have about 30 Skull Scorpio's each.

Bought to start this shit. We'll see how it goes.
>>
>>5849688
>Chuck Norris

He felt mostly like a Mad Max reference, right down to the "exposed" arm with shoulder armor and the dog he "befriends" with in the comics.
Only thing missing was him driving around in a Pursuit Special.
>>
>>5849919
Are those on clearance from Walmart or target?
>>
>>5850018
All three of those are clearance from Target.
>>
>>5850028
lucky
>literally no store in my area has bionicle
>all online stores are full price in CAD, master tahu was 25 fucking dollars
>bought it anyway but want to kms
>>
File: BabysFirstHeresy.jpg (3MB, 2992x4000px) Image search: [Google]
BabysFirstHeresy.jpg
3MB, 2992x4000px
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

I want to do the G2 "Tohunga Makuta, but the fact that we never got a black Mask of Fire stopped me from doing it.

Now that I've done this with one of my spares, I'm thinking of trying to add the rusted look as well, to complete the image.
>>
File: thinnedpaints.jpg (72KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
thinnedpaints.jpg
72KB, 667x500px
>>5850133
>rust
Weathering pigments will be your friend
>>
>>5850133
Which one did you use, gold/red/trans orange?
>>
File: IMG_1573.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1573.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Well, I tried to make Makuta. It is pretty shitty, especially compared to some of the competition, but I literally NEVER moc. So shitty or not, I am awfully proud of it. What do you all think?
>>
>>5850133
You probably should've hit it with one of these as a basecoat. I used it on a stressmarked green Miru and it looks amazing. I painted a near-black brown over it, but I lost interest at some point before I got to the orange drybrushing.

If you anyone here does get a can, pay attention to the finish type. I think mine says "concrete".
>>
>>5850233

The area with the shoulder ball-and-socket looks meh. However you might be able to hide that construction with clever posing.
>>
Magazine #2 is out in Austria (and probably Germany as well). Can't take a pic right now, but the back cover is a poster of the summer wave that says "New in September", which is interesting because the sets have been in Lego stores since June.
>>
>>5850339
No teaser for new polybag?
>>
>>5850359
lol
>>
>>5850364
I got the impression that the last magazine launches in October, meh.
>>
>>5845664
Jesus.
>>
>>5850475
Wrong. The rebirth Jesus Christ is about 17 right now, I'd expect him to appear in spotlight in about five years to end the carnage that will bring Europe to it's knees.
>>
File: slowpoke.jpg (18KB, 224x180px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.jpg
18KB, 224x180px
>>5850359
Anon, I...
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 595x861px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 595x861px
So I was dusting today and finally got my gems in the mail. If you're making a pedestal for your MoUP, I can't recommend the elemelon gems enough. Loving how it looks.
>>
File: image.jpg (202KB, 720x889px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202KB, 720x889px
>>5850556
Also, decided a group shot for the hell of it. Still waiting on the inner torso for Makooti to arrive.
>>
>>5849346
Fedex never came yesterday, time to play the waiting game again today. They probably lost my shit and ill be livid
>>
So. Couple questions now that I've built JTO Makuta.

The shoulders are supposed to be a little janky, yeah? The asymmetry in the trap halves means that at least one of the balljoints which attach the shells on the front (or back) of his shoulder pad can't be 100% plugged into the axle. Am I doing something wrong here, or is that normal?

Second, is his belly supposed to be sort of gappy? Like, does anything attach to the internal trans-orange bones behind the rib cage piece? It's really fuckin' hard to tell from the official pictures. I've seen that video where the dude puts small shells in there, and it looks pretty good, but that's clearly not how it's supposed to be.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 640x891px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 640x891px
How does this make you feel
>>
>>5850205
The Gold one. I really didn't like the original color anyway.
>>
>>5850726
Mostly surprised this didn't already happen years ago.
>>
>>5850726
Am I missing something, why is ninjago so appealing? Is the story good, the sets creative?
>>
>>5850768
I blame children
>>
>>5850740
The Ninjago Movie was announced right after The Lego Movie's success. I don't know why it took so long to get finished, though.

>>5850768
Ninjas. Plus everything else. It's kind of like steampunk, where anything goes, except with ninjas. I like to call it ninjapunk.

The story is... okay. Simple enough to appeal to young kids, but with some good sets and characters to appeal to an older audience. Sort of a successful take on the Power Rangers archetype.
>>
>>5850786
Fuck this makes me hate Lego. There's so much more Lego could've done to try and appeal to kids. I saw like 1 Bionicle commercial ever for G2 and it was for the first wave. What was the point of even bringing Bionicle back with no support? imo they should've launched something similar to JTO on launch at the very least so kids aren't wondering wtf a Bionicle is when they're in the lego aisle. Fuck you Lego marketing dept.
>>
File: don't mention.png (1003KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
don't mention.png
1003KB, 1366x768px
>>5850797
>>
>>5850768
ok show, ok dragons, cool mechs. Rest is shit.

>>5850797
what kind of product wins the award for being the best in it's category in toyfair and the whole things turns out as a blunder.
http://www.promobricks.de/lego-rules-the-best-new-toy-awards-at-london-toy-fair-2015/4500#
>>
>>5850802
I guess I'm just still angry about the cancellation being so abrupt. How does Lego justify treating Bionicle like it was nothing, despite it pulling them out of financial troubles in early 2000's? I was dumbfounded when Bionicle didn't even have any role besides that short "mention" in the movie.
I don't blame the kids not buying G2, why would they buy Bionicle with no knowledge of what it even is. Even the lego magazine Bionicle never tried to attract readers like g1 did with a comic or reason to like it. There was no tv show, and I doubt kids would just randomly look up Bionicle on youtube just to find the 2015 shorts. I'm going to repeat what everyone else has said, Bionicle was dead on arrival that had no support.
>>
What ever happened to the anon making the trans masks?
>>
Any american websites that ship to canada and have bionicles on sale right now?
>>
File: image.jpg (547KB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
547KB, 1125x2001px
Built Makuta. He's amazing. Chain's a little tight but the whole thing works really well.
>>
>>5850853
I agree, built mine yesterday and can't wait until I get a MoUP.
>>
File: image.jpg (502KB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
502KB, 1125x2001px
Accudentally made the back like an open mouth. It's a neat little callback to Umarak's chest, though.
>>
Also, I gave him foot stabilizers (technic beams). I reccomend this to eberyone that builds him.
>>
Why couldn't lava beast have the big feet? I feel like its gunna be unstable and flop over with the slightest bump
>>
>>5850861
>>5850864
I haven't had much issue with balancing at all surprisingly. I used a black 2015 torso to cover up the back instead.
>>
>>5850866
Aesthetic, literally. I personally find he's about as stable as any of the 2016 Toa and his heels work a lot better than Skull Slicer since they're centered rather than attached to one side.

I find Storm Beast is more likely to fall over in my experience since he uses these tiny little technic pieces for his heels that don't do anything to redistribute the weight his back gimmick adds unless you angle him forward at the hips, which he doesn't benefit from with his stock build because of how his neck is built.
>>
>>5850866
Maybe if you bumped him forward, but I find his stability really good, and I think better than the Skull Warriors and Skull Slicer.

I don't think he would benefit appearance-wise from large feet since he's supposed to be a flyer, but that's just me trying to apply real-world biology logic to a fictional character that could never exist in real life as a living creature.
>>
>>5850861
I personally put the chest piece from LoSS on the back
>>
>>5850881
as if hes gunna fly with no wings, his weapons dont count, even 2015 lewa being able to glide is kind of a stretch

it would be cool if he could unify with ikir though
>>
>>5850584
Didn't they have this policy about through anything they'd deliver your stuff on time or something? Can't you call them about it?
>>
>>5850896
>as if hes gunna fly with no wings, his weapons dont count
Go watch JtO S2.
>>
>>5850897
they say that but in reality they make it so that you wont be able to make a claim
>>
File: BJTO-Lewa_vs_2_Lava_Beasts.png (1MB, 1366x757px) Image search: [Google]
BJTO-Lewa_vs_2_Lava_Beasts.png
1MB, 1366x757px
>>5850896
Lel
>>
>>5850896
>as if hes gunna fly with no wings
Yup. Doesn't even use those blades, which it doesn't use for combat since it spouts lava from every extremity in JtO.
>>
>>5850900
That sucks man, I haven't had to deal with FedEx yet personally (European and all). The most I had to wait on a package was when I won a $100 BrickLink order from a MOC contest, UPS delivered it but customs slowed it down due to the value, and it was from the U.S. too.
>>
>>5850896
>Yup looks like he flies, why else would he have those shitty wings made out of swords like Ikir and Uxar
>Oh that poster has him jumping, I bet he flies
>Oh wow, JtO actually has him flying
Literally where have you been for the past 5 months?
>>
>>5850904
I usually dont deal with fedex either but thats what lego shop at home uses. my regular postal service is very good and I dont think I remember any times having problems
>>
>>5850896
>his weapons dont count
JtO doesn't see the blades as proper wings or actual weapons. Lava Beast literally hovers in the air as a "fuck you" to unification.
>>
>>5850913
Ah I see. I haven't bought from Lego's official site, everytime I saw it the prices were a little too high for me, so I went with local online stores for better prices.
>>
I honestly don't feel like buying 100$ worth of sets to only use select bits from each.
I'd happily buy a finished MoUP Makuta from someone, though.
I just don't have the time to bricklink this much.
>>
>>5851030
Actually a lot parts are used, true there are a fair amount of left overs, but now I can work on my Skull Golem and a revamp of an older MOC.

http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/1/f/1f88a76e04fe1d4d1cdb52d4db8da81bf17543f0.JPG
http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/f/4/f4310a8518b596518bd0ea54871ff06245f11226.JPG
http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/3/b/3b29939a5aa5501602bbed31a9bb8ba2f0e282af.JPG
http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/e/5/e5ea2b579709c5ff90046bbdc3b61cc606c11986.JPG
http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/5/a/5a7c32bb7855b23c196b0fd6c6997ce634e739e0.JPG
>>
>>5851036
*a lot of
>>
File: 1468523221768.jpg (20KB, 570x479px) Image search: [Google]
1468523221768.jpg
20KB, 570x479px
>Was planning on buying a lot of 2016 sets during early 2016
>Now that Bionicle is cancelled the only sets I want are Ekimu and UtD

Is anyone else feeling the same way?
>>
>>5851044
I already got every set, and sort of contemplating getting UtH and Onua Uniter again to make the shadow clone, but after making JtO Makuta I don't think I need to waste more money on sets.
>>
>>5851044
>didnt know G2 was a thing until seeing bionicle on netflix and googling
>dont have any
>want to drop like 500-1000??? bucks to get all of g2

what do bros
>>
I found this while googling stuff about Gali.

http://bzpower.com/story.php?ID=3828

Roa McToa is a heretic who loves 2008 Gali's mask.
>>
>>5850717
Anyone? Still trying analyzing pictures to figure out if I'm doing something wrong in the belly section. Why the fuck didn't Lego take any pictures of the finished model from the side?
>>
>>5851036
The thing i want to know, is what parts I actually need.
>>
>>5851058
>get scans of instructions' parts pages
>start crossing off shit that shows up in those pics
>or buy the sets and set those parts off to the side
>>
>>5851058
http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/the-lets-build-jto-makuta-topic/27002/600
This topic should help

But here's a nearly completed parts list from the topic
http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/2/6/26ef5c7b294feb9a4425f6d5a7155ee9aa4c78d7.PNG
http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/f/4/f4abad762e6c4343929cefb690e9868abe7c51bc.PNG
http://board.ttvchannel.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/c/9/c9b3798b502c52d79d5025611c9bec6bd275094a.PNG
>>
I already had half the sets for JTO Makuta, so I just said fuckit and ordered the remaining sets.

The downer is I'll probably want to buy a second set of the two Umaraks. The Hunter won't be a problem, but the Destroyer has disappeared here.
>>
File: Dat gap.jpg (776KB, 2641x1705px) Image search: [Google]
Dat gap.jpg
776KB, 2641x1705px
>>5851056
Maybe a picture will better catch your attention.

Am I doing this right? It seems like there shouldn't be a gap here. All I know is that attaching small orange shells to those ball joints is wrong, because if that were correct, they'd be visible in the official pictures.
>>
>>5851055
It's an opinion to say the mask is awesome, but it's outright wrong to say it's feminine or looks anything like the previous Kaukau's.
>>
Fuck fedex
>>
>>5851049
I was thinking of doing the same thing, but still on the fence about it. For me it's hard to justify buying the sets to make it when the model was shown for less than 10 secs.
>>
>>5851303
Yea, then again same goes for Makuta but he was at least supposed to be the main focus villain or something so he had that going for him, but for the shadow clone not so much on its side.
>>
>>5851303
I think we were more hyped up by the Makuta challange video that leaked right before the new episodes. Even if we didn't get a Makuta set, seeing those those titan combinations and the MoUP was pretty exciting. It seemed like we were all but guaranteed at least the MoUP as a finishing set.

And then the cancellation news broke.
>>
>>5851320
Makuta is at least a character who we saw for a little bit more than the shadow spawns who just came and went within seconds. I agree the model is cool which is why I'm also on the fence, but it almost seems like a waste. Even the ice shadow traps had more screen time then the shadow spawn.
>>
>>5851325
True, that really killed my creative mood to make a neat old school Makuta using the 03 Mask and a old purple-black colorscheme.
>>
>>5851329
Agreed, I even went to BrickLink and bought that sucker's parts just to have all 6 trap types.
>>
>>5851099
I think unless you want to go against the "instructions" you'll just have to accept the gap. Mine has it too, it doesn't bother me near as much as some of the other iffy spots on him, or that you can hardly pose the legs, etc. NOT TO MENTION NOT HAVING THE MoUP REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>5851463
>>5843373
Patience young faggot. Have faith in your fellow disappointed fans.
>>
>>5851099
Just use the shells, it looks better from the side anyways.
>>
>>5851463
>>5851099
make it a fully articulated mouth
>>
>>5851257
>said package was coming yesterday
>said package was coming today
>now says pending with no scheduled delivery
>apparently fedex gave it to a third party also who could have taken my package and left to antarctica for all I know
>therefore cant track it anymore
>no idea if its coming to my house or post office or they sent it back to lego S@H

Guys, don't bother buying from legos site
>>
Post some mocs.
>>
new thread because we're about to be bumped off the board

>>5851526
>>5851526
>>5851526
Thread posts: 498
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.