[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toys to Life General - /ttl/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 49

File: 1445258290065.png (2MB, 798x997px) Image search: [Google]
1445258290065.png
2MB, 798x997px
>We're All Ded Here Edition

Come here to talk about all your favorite Toys to Life stuff; Skylanders, Amiibo, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions and whatever third party stuff from companies jumping on the money train.

Please remember to take actual game discussion to >>>/v/ where you'll likely get trolled and not find anything of interest. Please take your trolling to >>>/b/ where I'm sure no one will care about your shit opinion.

>Pastebinned Info
http://pastebin.com/KEq5q6gM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming Releases Calendar:

Skylanders:
>Skylanders Imaginators (Oct 16th 2016 in US, 14th in EU, 13th in AU)

Amiibo:
>Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin Amiibos confirmed. Release fucking never
>new Kirby Series and Splatoon series amiibo out now!
>Mario Series 2 releasing Nov 2016

Dimensions:

September:
>Ghostbusters
>Adventure Time
>Mission: Impossible
>Harry Potter
>The A-Team

Infinity:
>RIP in Piss
>>
Anybody taking advantage of cheap Disney infinity? I just bought boba fett for $5 at GameStop. Donald, venom, and iron fist for $3.74 at tru. I'll probably go back to TRU and get more infinity.
>>
>>5826996
Kinda wish I held off on some of then now, seeing as how dirt cheap they go for. Did pick up the Alice and Nemo ones though, which felt good to get them that low
>>
>>5826996
Yep, got Venom, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Alice, Nemo, Baloo, Black Spiderman, Boba Fett, Chewie, Quorra, and Judy. Feels like I made out like a bandit.

>>5827007
Getting Alice for $5 is such a good feeling, she's such a nice figure too.

I don't suppose anyone has the final list for Disney Infinity do they? I only have the one made prior to Peter Pan getting cancelled and the latest sets coming out. Also, was Nemo supposed to come with a code or not? Because I didn't get a code and the only other Nemo in the stores was opened up and then taped shut so I avoided that one like the plague.
>>
I just got an email from Infinity and all their online services are ending september 30th.

should i rush in and buy some stuff before they close or is it not really worth it?
>>
>>5827286
Online stuff was pretty garbage from what everyone is saying. It won't be too bad to pick up figures and stuff on sale now.
>>
>>5827054
Alice, Time, Hatter, Nemo and the Dory set don't come with cards, as they're not supported on non-nintendo consoles, therefore, there's no point.
>>
Just picked up Lego Dimensions on a nice discount, plus the Portal pack (at MSRP, unfortunately). I was a little underwhelmed with the starter set on its own, but the Portal stuff is amazing, and I haven't even gotten to the actual Portal story yet. I've ordered the Doctor Who one too, but what other content for Dimensions is recommended?
>>
>>5828157

Ghostbusters level pack is hilarious.
>>
>>5827286
>You will no longer be able to log in to play the PC, iOS, Google Android and Amazon Android versions of Disney Infinity, these will no longer be available on the respective app stores
>The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued
Seems like it's pointless to rush out unless you're going to play on console now with the actual figures. I'm not sure I understand how the Steam system works though, so can I log in on Steam and still play with the characters I unlocked even after the standalone PC version stops being supported? Or does it only let me play with characters I bought on Steam itself? They're not entirely clear with this, they just say that all online logins will stop which means you won't be able to grab which characters you unlocked from your account on their website anymore I think.

>>5827439
Figured as much since they stopped PC support around Marvel Battlegrounds. Was just making sure I didn't get short changed since I know the iOS and Android version both could still use them I think which is why guys like Ant Man still had codes.
>>
>>5828157
AVOID the BTTF set unless it's heavily discounted. It's short and unsatisfying as hell.
>>
>>5828776
How's the simpsons pack?
>>
>>5828783
I haven't played it, but the level looks pretty cool; it's based off of an old episode of the show, from one of the early early seasons.

The big issue with the Simpsons content is the fact that they couldn't get any voice actors besides Dan Castellaneta (Homer and Krusty), so everyone in Springfield besides them are mute, including Bart. They couldn't even acquire the rights to the theme song, so the couch gag in Story Mode suffers.

Apparently Fox is run by greedy fuckers.
>>
>>5828789
Seeing how Fox were the ones who just made that awful Fantastic Four bomb a year ago all so they can keep the rights from falling into Marvel Studios in pure utter spite hands I have to back you up with that statement.
>>
>>5828809
To be fair, Sony did that with Spider-Man. At least they saw sense in letting Marvel having creatively control on Spider-Man in the movies.
>>
File: 1461248084364.gif (984KB, 215x259px) Image search: [Google]
1461248084364.gif
984KB, 215x259px
picked up the Luke and Leia / Rey and Finn packs for 12 bucks each at Wal-Mart

feels good bruh.
>>
>>5826848
Does anyone have the leaked list of sets for Dimensions Year Two? The one from last year that had "AT" listed a few times; people speculated tat it could either be Adventure Time or A-Team. (Who knew!)
>>
>>5828852

Naw, Sony always collaborated with Marvel. They even gave back some other Spider-Man rights just so that they can retain the film rights for Spider-Man some more. There was nothing underhanded about what they did.

And they honestly have no obligation to give Marvel back what they rightfully bought. It's not Fox's fault Marvel was dumb enough not to have a way out of the deal. Fox is just protecting what they bought, in the most douchebag way of course. Sony is at least more reasonable about it.
>>
>>5828977
Wasn't there an idea to have a single shared New York skyline between The Avengers and Amazing Spider-Man? That would have been neat to see at the time.
>>
>>5829011

The Oscorp building would have appeared in The Avengers, but Sony wasn't able to finish the design in time for Marvel.
>>
I don't even play Infinity; I've got a bunch of Skylanders though.

However I gave in and picked up Skellington (8$) and Poe (12$). I'm a poor Bosnian, and sadly, the whole place is overpriced.
>>
>>5829046
Skellington is cool, though Poe's not that great in-game in my opinion. If you want you can go download 3.0 from their site while it's still alive, input the codes you got, and mess around with them for free in the Toy Box.
>>
>>5828879
it was both, they've been announced for a long time
>>
>>5829182
Yeah I know. I just want the lost.
>>
>>5829810
*list
>>
to all AZ anons, the Animal crossing 3 pack is at fry's electronics near metro center for 5 bucks
>>
>just started getting into Dimensions
>hear about event exclusive figure
pls no
>>
File: green arrow.jpg (88KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
green arrow.jpg
88KB, 500x375px
>>5830347
Are you aiming for collection completion? Because if not, then you should be fine without getting Green Arrow. He doesn't have any exclusive abilities, nor does he have a vehicle.

And besides, there will be more ways to get one if you really want one.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (108KB, 1207x1113px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
108KB, 1207x1113px
>>5830347
All the series have an event exclusive something or other. I think Amiibo is like the only one that doesn't as of now but we'll see. Disney Infinity for example has a unique Power Disk for 3.0 Mickey that gives him the Kingdom Hearts outfit. You could only get it at D23 and there were only a couple thousand ever made. It is absolute torture.
>>
>>5830653
My number one question is, they said figures with yellow bases unlock battle arenas.

I'm guessing Green Aroow and Supergirl don't count... right?
>>
>>5830653
I just want super gril
>>
>>5830818

I'm actually kind of shocked that someone hasn't found a way to spoof it yet. We already have ways of boosting our amiibos without actually playing a game.
>>
Going to Gamestop this weekend to get an Arceus code and browse the TTL's they have there, and mostly look for a pre-owned Legendary Chill, L.Slam Bam and L.Jet-Vac, wish me luck bois
>>
>>5830909
They said that they will unlock a DC arena, but it won't be implemented until September.

>>5831217
I don't think Supergirl has even been released yet.
>>
>>5831756
some people have already gotten her.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
new skylanders, not sure if posted yet
>>
>>5831837
Bar Chopscotch and maybe Grave Clobber, I have no interest in any of those, at least with Superchargers their was variety in their roster, It looks like half of those guys share the same pose.
>>
Thinking of going to Five Below tomorrow to get a Chima fig and. Ninjago fig so I can enter those Adventure Worlds. Which ones are the best? I only want one of each.
>>
>>5833940

Cragger for Chima, Sensei Wu for Ninjago if you don't have Pole Vault already.
>>
>>5831837
>Chompy Mage
I would like a fig of that goober.
>>
>>5831837
>Grave Clobber is water
Literally what the fuck?
>>
>Start playing through Ghostbusters
>"Whoa this is long."
>Save and Exit.
>Realize one button press too late the Rulebreaker bar will be reset.

FUCK
>>
File: ghostbusters level.jpg (69KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
ghostbusters level.jpg
69KB, 740x416px
>>5834857
That's just one level, right? How much of the movie does it cover?
>>
>>5834871
Well, here's what I heard happened.

After the backlash from the BTTF set, Tt went back and added some sections to the Ghostbusters set. Long sections that are DESIGNED to be driven, but if you hoof it on foot, you get a ton of bonus studs.

The GB set does a much better job adapting the movie than the BTTF set. It's got like four sections just devoted to capturing Slimer, the entire Dana storyline is intact, and it ends with a fight against Stay Puft.
>>
>>5834881
>It's got like four sections just devoted to capturing Slimer, the entire Dana storyline is intact, and it ends with a fight against Stay Puft.
Damn, that's impressive. I remember watching a playthrough of the BTTF level, and it ended up being around the length of one of the standard story levels, maybe shorter.

Where was it said that they did that because of the reception to BTTF though?
>>
Just bought Lego Dimensions and the Doctor Who level set, that was some of the most fun I've ever had playing a lego game. What are the other must haves for this game?
>>
>>5834900
Portal 2 set. The rest of the level packs with Simpsons and BTTF having lower priority.

If you like the adventure worlds, you should get one of each character from each franchise to access everything. You should already have access to the DC, Lego Movie, LotR, and Dr. Who adventure worlds.
>>
>>5834900
Must-have in terms of amount of fun, or for 100% completion?

You don't need to buy everything to reach 100%, but you need one character from each franchise, as well as some of the level packs because they have exclusive abilities.
>>
>>5834900

Ghostbusters level pack for sure, Slimer, Unikitty, and Aquaman to complete a bunch of stuff, after that complete the Story Mode and decide what you want.
>>
>>5834915
In terms of fun.
>>
>>5834938
Cragger is the only character that can activate Chi underwater, so he's your best bet for a Chima rep to unlock the adventure world.

Sensei Wu is one of only two characters with pole vault... At the moment. Odds are some of the year two characters will get it since it's not a franchise specific ability like Chi.
>>
>>5836121
If your only goal were to clear the main story 100%, and you were fine with using Hire-a-Hero for most abilities, would you be able to do that with just the Portal, Doctor Who, and Ghostbusters level packs, the Jurassic World pack, and one of the Back to the Future characters?
>>
>>5834109
Well, they were out of Ninjago and Lego Movie but I was able to snag their last Cragger. One less franchise to worry about.
>>
Just bought Homer, fuck the springfield hub is easily one of the best in this game, any other hubs this good?
>>
File: spacemen.jpg (122KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
spacemen.jpg
122KB, 960x720px
>>5826996
My wife got me the 3.0 Star Wars kit for Christmas, and I barely touched it 'till I saw the discounted figures. I picked up piles of the Star Wars and Marvel guys along with a $10 2.0 Marvel starter. I'm pretty bummed I won't get a Dr. Strange now.

>>5827286
I like some of the online content. I've been downloading stuff I found vaguely interesting to get around to after the servers go down.

The online dev team made a few character-specific levels including a couple Tron levels that were pretty fun. There certainly wasn't going to be a standalone Tron playset. The user-developed stuff can be fun as well; I particularly like some of the theme park recreations.
>>
>>5827439
I was wondering that, I just found Alice today.

So far Luke/Leia and Dory are the only playsets left to find for cheap. Maybe a dozen figures on top of that. If I have the FX version, do I need the regular version to get the ultimate unlock done?
>>
>>5829014
More one sided than that. Sony wanted to add it to Avengers, Kevin Feige said later he had no intention of adding Oscorp to the cityscape and that it was mostly Sony PR trying to hype up as if ASM was connected to the MCU.
>>
Has anyone ever tried cutting up and jointing a Disney Infinity figure? If so, got pics?
>>
>>5838335
FX counts the same as a normal one does for the ultimate unlock to my understanding.
>>
>>5834738
he is? i thought he was just blue because his face
>>
>>5838374
I doubt it'd work. The pre posed figures don't really have a lot to work with. It'd probably end up like that nasty looking articulated Captain Falcon amiibo someone made
>>
>>5838512
>>5831837
They're organised on the page alphabetically by element.
>Air
>Dark
>Earth
>Fire
>Life
>Light
>Magic
>Tech
>Undead
>Water
>>
Damn the sales are everywhere for Lego and Infinity.

Five Below had Benny, Gimli, Cragger/Laval from Chima and Nya/Zane from Ninjago..or at least the ones near me had that selection.

My Walmart had the Infinity figures down to $4.98 and I picked up Ultron. They had Ant Man, Alice, Ultron, Hulkbuster and I believe it was Kylo or Darthy. I shoulda got another. They had the Cap set too for $11.98
>>
>>5840894
Also if anyone is looking for the Playmation stuff (top kek if you are) it was all over Five Below and Walmart also had them at $5.
>>
File: kaos.png (199KB, 350x322px) Image search: [Google]
kaos.png
199KB, 350x322px
Surprising pretty much nobody, Kaos is getting a figure.

>>5834738
It seems like the Trap Team generic enemy villains are having their elements reclassed based on their color scheme, possibly aggravated by them wanting to reuse Wolfgang, Hood Sickle, and Tae Kwon Crow instead of sticking with a Doom Raider lineup or digging through other games' casts. A lot of the old villains don't really fit their original elemental theme anyway and Magic was fucked by default on the Doom Raider front so I guess color was the best tell left.
>>
>>5847230
but Grave Clobber was a ground type in name. moves and theme already. I guess if he's a water type now, he'll have to be a pirate i think. watery grave and all that..
>>
>>5847264
>ground type
>water type
not that I disagree, but this ain't pokeymans, pal.
>>
>>5840894
Get based Ants.
>>
For those of you with Target Cartwheel, Superchargers character and vehicles single packs are back for 75% off each at Target.

A friend of mine said TRU also has buy one get 2 free on singles but I didn't realize they were doing that or for how long it goes.
>>
>>5849303
too bad there's not much worth buying anymore. vehicles are useless and only some of the characters were any good
>>
Meijers has Lego Dimensions half off. Toys R Us WILL price match, but you can't combine it with the free Zane figure deal.
>>
I've always wanted to try out Disney Infinity, now that most of the shit is on sale, how should I go about this?

From what I've read, the PS versions are the best. Is this true? If so, should I get the PS3 version since it has 1.0 - 3.0?
>>
File: 1434308454006.jpg (12KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
1434308454006.jpg
12KB, 600x398px
>>5853265
It's not. The Xbox/PS stuff are all the same, it's just that the PS base can be used on all PS hardware and Nintendo hardware, whereas the Xbox bases are restricted to the specific brand (like the 360 has its own base and the bone has it's own).

If you care a lot about performance and don't care about the Marvel Battlegrounds, you could pick up 2.0 and 3.0 on PC for free and just use those ones. They run a lot better, but at a graphical sacrifice. Somewhere along the development of 3.0, they really fucked with the performance on the main console versions.
I remember picking it back up when Baloo came out and remember the game freezing all the time and having to wait at least a minute to actually load a character in the toybox. Constant frame dropping, too.
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_016DC.jpg (425KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_016DC.jpg
425KB, 1280x720px
>>5853265
Ideally you want the PS3/PS4 versions, PS4 highly recommended from what I'm Googling. From personal experience the Wii U versions are 720p, they all have framerate problems, and look really smeared but in the playsets it looks better than the Toy Box at times. There's also loads of crashes on the Wii U versions, I've had at least two minimum on each one so far. However, you can get 1.0 for free on the Wii U if you're in the US as long as you have a portal, though you need 1.0 characters to actually play it so that's something to think about.

If you're going after 1.0 it would be best for you to go and buy the 3DS version since it's extremely cheap to get the figures and the 1.0 Playset(Throw away the game or sell it since it's awful and not what you get on consoles), then you just need to find a used copy of 1.0 for the PS3 which shouldn't be too hard. Now, at this point you can't actually play 1.0, you still need a portal, but once you buy 2.0 you'll get a portal with it which will work for 1.0 as well. Something to keep in mind if you're getting a used portal is that Xbox portals only work on the Xbox(So 360 on 360 and Xbone on Xbone), but PS3, PS4, Wii, and Wii U all work with each other.
>>
Picked up Scooby Doo, Wicked Witch, and Homer Simpson with the Meijers deal. It's pretty fun just having Homer hang out with Venkman, Chell, and Batman.

>>5853391
Keep in mind the PC versions will completely cease to function by the end of the year.
>>
>>5853396
Keep in mind
>The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued

Granted, 2.0 on Steam is 60 dollars because it's considered a Starter Pack unlike the one from disney.com, however all you'd need 2.0 for are the 3 Marvel campaigns.
>>
>>5853426
With Steam though it seems like you actually have to buy the characters themselves from Steam to play them, so unless you're willing to just pay for the digital stuff only(and you can't buy codes since those are for the DI site itself) it's not worth the investment in my opinion.
>>
>>5853452
The Steam version currently is the exact same version as the one from disney.com. That's why it's confusing for the most part. The game at launch and throughout it's lifecycle on PC was forced to be Online to start.

As of now, it's still a cheaper investment, though. Once online is kill, the Toybox becomes a waste of time. So the only reason to keep playing this game are the Campaigns and the Toybox Games, like the kart racer and diablo clone. That kills the majority of the time investment you need. And since it's still cheaper to get the free PC version before hoping out and paying money for a starter kit, you're still investing less money when all you really need are the game packs, which only 2 (Battlegrounds and Finding Dory) are unavailable.
>>
File: Through Steam.jpg (167KB, 697x830px) Image search: [Google]
Through Steam.jpg
167KB, 697x830px
>>5853487
Once the online is kill it's not going to phone home to sync your characters or what you own though, that's how I understand it, which means it's going to go through Steam for stuff now which means paying full price for characters and sets through Steam.

Looking at the e-mail they sent they say everything will be discontinued, but it's so vaguely worded I have no clue if that means the sync server will work or not.
>As of March 3, 2017
>All Disney Infinity online services and community features for all versions will be discontinued

As of now everything is up in the air, because if character syncing stays then going for the Steam versions is the best idea for 3.0(Though 2.0 is arguable since you need to buy the game for $50 on Steam unlike 3.0) while 1.0 is best to go on PS3 and 2.0 on PS4 or Steam.
>>
>>5830347
Italy and Australia are getting him as a bonus for starter pack preorders since we are getting the game only now.
>>
>>5834881
New here, what was wrong with the bttf level?
>>
>>5854850
It's TOO short. Like, I think it's 20-30 minutes of gameplay and that's it.
>>
>>5854854
And it's an adaptation in the absolute loosest sense of the world. No George, no Lorraine, not even Biff.

It doesn't help that the box shows Cafe 80's, and the level only covers the first movie.
>>
>>5854854
It also cuts out everything from the movie between when Marty lands in 1955 and the climax with the lightning, which is to say more or less the entire main story. There's a way to visit the Enchantment Under the Sea dance, but otherwise the level is just four simple stages.

The Portal and Doctor Who levels don't have all that much more content, but for some reason they felt more fleshed out.
>>
>>5838378
Finally bought a PS3 copy and loaded it up. PS4 copies waiting for Neo to come out. This was true, but I don't feel too bad about duplicating the Jedi as that means two of us can be the same if we want.

Down to 5 not counting FXs which is about halfway on their own. Hatter, Judy, Nick, Dory, and Nemo.
>>
Any good prices for the two Tron characters and Baloo? I want them to display.
>>
Disney infinity is kill
wat? why?
Amibo-Skyalnders gang did work?
how ? superchargers crashed hard
Is this the end of the ride?
>>
>>5857305
>wat? why?
It made profits time after time but apparently hundreds of millions wasn't enough and Disney wants to license stuff because it makes them more money in the end rather than make stuff themselves or something. There was supposedly a huge problem with some characters barely selling leading to huge overstock on some of them(Because they didn't want a repeat of the 1.0 rarity situation, think Amiibos at release and Amiibos now) so you had warehouses sitting on thousands of certain characters like Yondu for example.
>>
>>5847230
They are using generic humanoid villains because all characters in this game are made using the character maker scheme, thats why they all the senseis look the same.
>>
>>5857427
Except they weren't and they don't. Chopscotch is a walking head, Ember has no legs. The Senseis have as much variation as the Trap Masters.
>>
>>5857320
>so you had warehouses sitting on thousands of certain characters like Yondu for example
Merida for us. Like... 100 at a single store.

Officially the DI sales dropped each release. 1.0 did very well as a starter. Marvel did decent, but because of all the sales people started to wait to buy only during the sales. The 1.0 stock hung around pretty much the length of the 2.0 shelf life because Disney corp didn't want to clearance the older stock. Add to this the playsets were shorter and less options during 2.0. 3.0 had far less sales than 1.0 or 2.0 as people kept waiting for those bargains again.

3.0 was suppose to be a course correction. Star Wars brand, which sold poorly, combined with heavy stocking of SW-related figures which didn't move as well as they should have. If you go to any store today, SW is the easiest to find with the Force Awakens playset tying Inside Out for least loved. Rise of the Empire (Luke/Leia) was the most popular and Clone Wars came with the 3.0 software.

Marvel was closer to a last minute addition to announce Battlefield. People kept asking about where the next Marvel sets were.

Later Disney Corp had this great idea to push 3.0 beyond just 1 single year, which meant doubling the amount of figures offered until 4.0 (soon to just be "Disney Infinity" with no number) came out in 2017. That why they rolled out a huge software update and expanded the Hall of Heroes. Cutting 3.0 this early canceled a slew of figures including Doctor Strange, Moana, and the 12" Premium versions.
>>
>>5857520
You can make those in the character creator, snake and floating lower parts and diferent bodies types are confirmed.
>The Senseis have as much variation as the Trap Masters
Thats true, trap masters are generic schemed humanoids.
Someone already said this but senseis look like more polished imaginators
>>
>>5857941
>>5857305
Disney made a terrible mistake right at the beginning by limiting specific figures to some playsets. and things like the control scheme ( square picks things up, triangle is attack) buzz lightyear can't fly or shoot lasers didnt help
>>
>>5857985
The laziness of not wanting Buzz or Syndrome to fly to make the playset harder was so stupid. Marvel comes along and everyone can now fly because no one is going to want an IM or Thor who can't fly. The 1.0 figures should have been given an upgrade at that point.

Also the software limitations. 1.0 Toy Boxes were tiny. 2.0 was much bigger and then 3.0 reduced how much you could have actively running.

The Light FX should have been standard from the beginning and added to others like Iron Man (chest, thrusters), Ultron, Tron, etc.
>>
>>5857985
A lot of it came down to Disney higher-ups vs fans. The higher-ups wanted to advertise their upcoming movies by forcing the team to make them figures and playsets, but most fans wanted more classic disney characters. Highly fan requested characters got the boot to make room for utter failures such as The Lone Ranger, Phineas, Yondu and Spot.
>>
File: image.jpg (265KB, 718x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265KB, 718x305px
Well look at this Crash Pack fully revealed and look Cortex is revealed to be coming to.

I CAN FEEL THE SALTSTORM APPROACHING YES!
>>
>>5858315
take your 'saltstorm' back to darkspyro, you have to be 18+ to post on this site.
>>
>>5858006
>>5858008
its sad that every time disney does something cool, they always fuck up in the end.

>>5858315
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE! also i dont know what a salt storm is, but i predict we'll still get those two im a separate pack. if not, gamestop will sell them used
>>
>>5858006
The fact the Toy Store figures have the Pixar Balls as weapons is one of the greatest disappointments DI has given me. Buzz doesn't get his blaster? Woody doesn't get a lasso especially when Anna got what amounts to one? What the hell?
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-15+at+10.59.03).png (2MB, 1295x779px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-15+at+10.59.03).png
2MB, 1295x779px
>>5858315
Here's a not shit quality version of the starter pack.

Cortex looks great. Gonna be surreal as fuck playing as him and Bowser on the same playthrough.
>>
I wonder if this will really be the last gasp of Skylanders since they have that Netflix cartoon coming out. How were Superchargers sales?
>>
>>5859395
The worst in the series to date, but that's down to how saturated the market is now and the fact that literally nobody wanted a racing game.

Also, half of the characters this game were reposes of old ones, so a lot of people didn't get them even though they have entirely new movesets.

Imaginators is already shaping up to be one of the best in the series due to the creation aspect, and the fact it's posing as an advertisement for the Crash remakes helps too
>>
File: 28732822550_b69cced44f_o.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
28732822550_b69cced44f_o.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Supergirl is going to be exclusive to the PS4 Starter through March 29th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JWAEUNzlF8

She has the same abilities as Superman, and her ability to transform into a Red Lantern makes her the first character to have the Energy Construct ability.
>>
>>5860168
They can fuck off with that bullshit
>Don't worry fans you can rent her later
>>
>>5859363
>Gonna be surreal as fuck playing as him and Bowser on the same playthrough.
Can you do that? I thought these guys were Playstation exclusive
>>
>>5860368
No, Activision owns Crash.
They are only in the Playstation bundle for now, its like the Boba Fett infinity shit.
>>
>>5859363
Sucks how he has the same fighting style as the Golden Queen.
>>
>>5859363
While I don't mind the Skylanders Spyro design as much as others, I'm rather surprised that the Crash and Cortex redesigns weren't as deviating to the original designs like Spyro's
>>
File: iLDZ7kX.jpg (78KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
iLDZ7kX.jpg
78KB, 960x576px
Lotta new Imaginators figures and art shown off recently. Seems like all skylanders are getting the box treatment.
>>
>>
>>5861598
Activision learnt their lesson with the backlash from the first game. It's the sole reason why they decided not to introduce any other classic Spyro characters into the Skylanders universe.
Crash and Cortex follow the same principle as Bowser and DK - Keep the design as true to the original as possible.
>>
Tfw you will never get Elena of Avalor Disney infinity figures
>>
>>5863120
>Gravity Falls Figures were slated for 2.0
>Got pushed to 3.0 because the opportunity to do Aladdin and Jasmine opened up.
>Disney Infinity got cancelled before the figures were released.
>tfw if they had just finished up 3.0 we would have had them already.
>>
>>5861944
>>5861944
>It's the sole reason why they decided not to introduce any other classic Spyro characters into the Skylanders universe.

To be fair we do have Sparx appearing in some games as toy and Auric, whose design is based off of Moneybags.
>>
>>5861650
>>5861654
I'm still wondering how this Sensei/Crystal thing will work. I'm certainly not going to buy them all like i usually do.

>>5860368
I'm hoping Nintendo will still allow the use of Bowser and DK, since Superchargers was such a flop. no real reason why i think such things. Would be nice if there was an exclusive level for them too
>>
>>5864493
Sparx, Cynder and Auric (Moneybags 2.0) all appeared in the first game. They're the only remnants of the Spyro universe unfortunately.

>>5864532
Bowser and DK have already been confirmed to be playable in the Wii U version of Imaginators.
>>
>>5864693
Malefor keeps getting mentioned and played a huge role in the comics, but we've never seen him in the games. I really want him there/as a future villain because he's pretty rad looking. Some older bosses coming back would be neat too. I think we've got enough games that an "All Star" mode would be easy where you battle each villain in a gauntlet with limited healing items.

>>5864532
From what I gather;
>Senseis will increase the max level a Skylander can go. It would appear they can also teach their special power (King Pen's was shown in a video where he zips around attacking all the enemies; so I'm imagining them to be like a large AoE attacks) to the Imaginators. The Imaginators are built with unlocks from previous figures and in game unlocks, and are saved on the crystals akin to saving a villain on a trap.
>>
File: two.png (307KB, 596x387px) Image search: [Google]
two.png
307KB, 596x387px
3D models for Pain-Yatta and the unnamed water Sensei's figures were shown in the latest trailer, among other things such as confirmation of Chompy Bazooka User. I never really noticed until recently that all the non-villain senseis have the black armor and yellow belt motif.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8irXyQ6rao

And by analyzing a super-tiny image of the "collect them all" poster, people have determined that...

A) Light and Dark only have 2 figures each
B) The Light villain is definitely not Luminous. And probably is Blaster-Tron. With a sword.

I don't think this villains returning as Skylanders thing was particularly well thought out.
>>
picked up Han Solo for a dollar
>>
File: DrNeoCortex.png (734KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
DrNeoCortex.png
734KB, 500x500px
so how long do you think it will be until Crash and Cortex are available outside of the game bundle? I don't care for Skylanders too much but I want those figures
>>
>>5865230
I think they said November there would be a double pack. (or at least we're understanding they'll be in a double pack)

Probably will be $29.99 which essentially would be the difference between a regular and the Crash version anyways so
>>
>>5865216
Where?
>>
>>5826996
I wish. I'm in Canada no such luck. Most are full price at walmart/eb/TRU

Wish I was in the states
>>
>>5865265
Walmart. I live in the east coast
>>
Sonics battle arena confirmed for Carnival Night Zone.

Rumor has it each PACK gets a unique arena. So three AT areans.
>>
>>5865296
Must be one of those Store Manager markdowns. Ours are still $5. Like when I picked up PS4 Marvel DI 2.0 for $3 the other day. It was worth just having another copy.
>>
>>5865338
Do Supergirl and Green Arrow have ones?
>>
Just bought Lego Dimensions at a yard sale for 10$. Going to the store to buy a few characters. What do I get?
>>
>>5867295
Do you want 100% or the most bang for your buck?

Level packs are usually the way to go, but the BTTF one is suck.
>>
>>5867295
Portal level pack is one of the best to get.
>>
>>5826996
Oh shit, I should take advantage of that. I want my hands on the Inside Out ones.
>>
>>5831415
I'm guessing it's because there wasn't really any demand for it since during the 3.0 days people already stopped caring for it.
>>
>>5853393
>There's also loads of crashes on the Wii U versions,
Wait, what? I have the Wii U 2.0, I haven't played it in quite a while (this was way back in 2014 when Big Hero 6 was out), but I don't remember having any issues with crashing. There were framerate issues but otherwise the game never gave me any problem.

Either it was an update issue or the figurines you used? I had the Stitch/Merida starter pack and Baymax.
>>
>>5867437
They all crash. 360 2.0 crashed so many times I had the system tank on me. The PS3 was non-stop crashes today for no reason
>>
File: SSC_wiiU.png (124KB, 874x500px) Image search: [Google]
SSC_wiiU.png
124KB, 874x500px
Ordered this for 15 bucks at EB Games, never played a Skylanders game before and the only Toys to Life shit I've ever collected are amiibos. What am I in for?
>>
>>5867939
Gauntlet lite, this time with vehicles shoved in your face.
>>
>>5867939
>>5867956
this. I wouldve suggested starting from Trap Team, or even Swap Force. in this game, you'll likely have underleveled Skylanders by the end of the game or 1-2 max leveled ones, mainly because of the lack of arena modes and their rewards, in place of interrupting racing sequences. also online is dead.
>>
>>5867437
Nope, it was just general play. Toy Box literally crashed on me at random in all three games, sometimes I would play for hours, quit out, and it just crashed. Doing any of the EXP farming methods at all(So spinning in 1.0 or creating insta-kill teleports in 2.0 and 3.0) would either crash you after ten minutes or after a couple hours, there was no middle ground which was especially weird with 1.0 since it's literally just a fan in the Toy Box you spin on and it still crashes whereas the insta-kill teleports is a whole intricate system. Hell, I even have it crash on the PC when I do the EXP farming method for 2.0 and 3.0 where performance isn't an issue, and I've had it crash on me in 3.0's PC version when doing the daily challenge countless times.

Playsets would crash at random, I had the Avengers playset crash on me at least five times, each of which set me back like half an hour in progress, I had two crashes in The Force Awakens playset when it just came out, and the Twilight of the Republic playset crashed about as much as the Avengers one but at least it was longer so I wasn't as mad.

The biggest problem is jumping from Toy Box to a playset or vice-versa. It crashes like crazy if you try doing that for whatever reason.
>>
>>5867939
I did the same a month or two back, first skylanders game I've ever played, got sucked right it by the skylanders charm and been going back and picking up all the skylanders that look interesting dirt cheap on amazon and thrift stores, since their all compatible. Although have to say that DK is still a fav.
>>
>>5858006
>no light up quorra
still pains me to see only star wars got their light up dildos.
>>
File: 20160819183635_1.jpg (178KB, 425x1582px) Image search: [Google]
20160819183635_1.jpg
178KB, 425x1582px
Friendly reminder.
>>
>>5868642
what;s so great about Stitch? he's just another "shoots a gun" character
>>
>>5868776
Can climb walls, has one of the best Super Jumps that I think beats out Force Jumps, charge shots are instant and does crazy high damage, his special homes in on enemies and causes them to become AoE explosion things, and his melee roll attack knocks enemies down on top of having crazy amounts of HP.

That's what I found at least.
>>
>>5868129
You must be talking about the Wii version or something because I can leave my Xbox running all day for hours and it's rock solid, even when I max out the toyboxes and have to resort to fancy loading and unloading mechanics to stuff more objects into the map.

>>5868849
He also likes Elvis..
>>
>>5868849
fuck. meant to type, "is he just...". but many thanks for still being cool, anon
>>
They need a turn off flight music option for dimensions holy shit
>>
>>5869118

Can't handle the Wonder Woman theme from the 1977 show? I pity you.
>>
Ive got a Dimensions Krusty with disc and pie if anyone would like to trade a spare Dimensions figure for it, or some disc stands or some LEGO weapons
>>
>>5869172
I'm sick of superman theme
>>
Why did they have to fuck up captain falcon so much. why couldn't they just do his fucking taunt salute animation, fucking amiibo
>>
>>5869379

It's a classic you uncultured swine
>>
I just bought Alice and the Finding Dory playset. The boxes didn't have the webcode cards. Fuck, it is really over. I have a couple figures on my "if there is nothing better" list but Sadness doing its job damn good.
>>
>>5869506
Yea I just got into this cause of things being on sale.

It is a little depressing knowing there was so much further they could have gone, and it is just gonna end.
>>
>Once you choose a battleclass, it is permanently locked to your creation crystal and there is no way to reset it

This is the most fucking retarded thing I've seen come out of Skylanders. Guess I'm not getting any crystals then.
>>
Target has a Cartwheel sale. 70% off Chima, Lego Movie, and LotR.

Got the last Unikitty and Emmett. Looked for Gollum and Frodo, but the former was sold out and the latter doesn't exist.
>>
>>5870469
No way, i bet that still means you just cant change classes...they wouldnt dare do something that stupid...th-they wouldnt
>>
>>5872963
They've already confirmed it. Apparently they didn't want us fans to be 'too overwhelmed by choices' or whatever the fuck that means.
>>
>>5869506

I still don't know why they won't just make it easy for people to share their toybox crap without the use of the internet. I mean let the community take over the content sharing no?
>>
I found Nemo!

Good hunting day. Nemo with bonus discs and both Zootopia figures to finish the 3.0 collection. $6.78, $4.96, and $4.96.
>>
>>5873589
>I mean let the community take over the content sharing no?
Absolutely. The fan forum even offered to check and uphold whatever standards Disney wanted to share things.
>>
>>5873029
going to have to do a LOT of research then. if its anything like before, only some of the classes will be fun to play
>>
>>5873688
Someone on reddit is supposedly looking at the code to enable private servers.
>>
>infinity hub
>finally get to play Sabine I bought ages ago but didn't even took ownership of
>kill some monsters
>suddenly the sky turns dark
>imperial star destroyer jumps in
>releases a couple tie fighters
>Phil tells me, he don't know what Titan is that but use this Xwing do repel it
>destroy the tie fighters
>star destroyer jumps away
>sky turns back the way it was
Holy shit this was neato. Are there any more 'secrets' like this? I played plenty of hours in the hub but didn't notice anything so far.
>>
>>5874784
Sometimes a yeti will randomly appear and you have a few seconds to chase it down to get a new sky and texture pack. But so far those are the only things I've found.
>>
>>5874784
The hub expands based on what you play, especially the PS4 and Xbone editions.

You can get a Grunkle Stan balloon from the speedway, too.
>>
File: S2e9_flaming_terror.png (535KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
S2e9_flaming_terror.png
535KB, 1000x563px
>>5875026
WAT
>>
File: b9kYx7El.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
b9kYx7El.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
>>5875026
oh...
at least tell me it burns down and falls apart when you touch it.
>>
>>5874784
>>5875026
Wait, what? You can? I thought there was only the white snow monster to catch on the hub and kill.
>>
>>5875466
>>5875468
>>5875672
Did you guys ever go back to the hub after clearing any playsets?
>>
>>5875672
There's also a Cheshire Cat you can talk to that warps from where you met him to a random spot and if you find him you get something. I think I got a sidekick.

>>5875026
>>5875468
That is amazing.
>>
>>5875680
I haven't cleared a playset yet unless you count doing winning on all the Speedway tracks. Only just started
>>
>we'll never get a Moana figure

It hurts
>>
>>5875672
Here is the second half of the Star Destroyer battle, sadly I forgot my game DVR is set to 30 seconds and it misses the first half. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/HUN%20playmore/video/20884954
>>
File: 1470088469717.png (172KB, 338x323px) Image search: [Google]
1470088469717.png
172KB, 338x323px
>>5875466
>Let 'er rip!
>oh no, a "letter" rip
>what the H?
>H
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko7xBcMw-Xg

goddamn this cartoon for lasting only 2 seasons
>>
File: moana-toy-hasbro-3.jpg (1MB, 2304x3456px) Image search: [Google]
moana-toy-hasbro-3.jpg
1MB, 2304x3456px
>>5875974
speaking of which, i hope hasbro us gives better than this. all he needs is Smash-it Sam articulation, then they can cheap out on other shit like the weapon or various paint apps like his tribal tattoo
>>
>>5876359
What a wonderful two seasons it was though.
>>
Damn the cartwheel deal was fucking rad as hell. I picked up Emmett, Bad Cop, Unikitty, Gollum and Legolas for around $3 each. One of my Targets had a tag on the end of the pegs advertising the same group of Dimensions figures (Movie, Hobbit/LotR/Chima) as being around $7 something but the Cartwheel deal is significantly better.

Some of the Targets I went to also had the Doc/Time Train set on sale for around $8. Not too great, and was tempted but I think they'll be wanting to clear more of these Dimensions figures soon so I'm gonna let it ride.

Also, some Target stores are reducing the price of the new amiibos. The Kirby series is around $6-8 and the individual new Splatoon squiddos are around $9 and the triple pack was about $20. Also one had a Ryu for $6.

And Infinity figures are starting to drop in price at Target. Most are around the $6-8 mark for the majority of them and $9 for the FX Star Wars ones. Not as great as the Walmart deals, but there's a far better selection of them
>>
>>5865338
Sweet. I hope it's the Sonic the Fighters version.

Also, do older packs like, say, Chima or Ninjago get arenas? Or is it only Year 2?
>>
>>5879186

Only Year 2, for now.
>>
File: IMG_0362.jpg (566KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0362.jpg
566KB, 675x900px
found him on clearance for $5 at Walmart
>>
>>5854882
I think it's easier to add onto a series than fully adapting a big story to a new, smaller medium, hence the depth of Portal's level's story. Though, it seems that the writers behind the Ghostbusters level did a better job than those who worked on the BTTF one.
>>
>>5879505
I remember seeing someone buy one for $90 on ebay.
I hope they're thinking about some of the decisions they've made in their life.
>>
>>5879706
Probably when he was still exclusive to that one bundle set.

>>5877773
Mine wouldn't let me use the cartwheel for anything that wasn't the Superman/Unikitty/Gimli. Had to pass as all that was left was Supes/Gimli.
>>
>>5879742
Wait really? Did you ask about it or did they tell you that? The actual cartwheel pages for each stated a range of DCPI codes which covered all of the figures in each of the series (Movie, Chima and LoTR) so there shouldn't have been any problem if they just scanned it.
>>
>>5880114
They told me that at the electronics counter when I was trying to check out.
>>
>>5880203
yeah they can fuck off then. The deal works for any of those 3 series (although...uh Superman I dunno what you meant by that). all they have to do is scan it and they can see.
>>
Oh wow, Black Suit Spider-Man's skill tree is completely broken on PC. Just a warning for you folks who bought him, you can't even use the charge attack either.
>>
>>5879505
lucky bastard
>>
File: Emmet and killbot.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Emmet and killbot.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
There is something I have been wondering about. Why does Emmet's wrecking bot not have a left hand in the toy? I mean it's depicted in game but it's just a stump in the toy. Did anyone ever figure out how to make the hand out of Lego IRL
>>
>be yuropoor
>hear about dirt cheap disney infinity figures in burgerland
>check country's biggest hardware store
>disney infinity down at $5-6
HOLD ME BACK, NIGGA
>>
amiibos aren't "RARE" anymore, right?
I'm contemplating on these Wave 2 Mario Party figs, but almost $200 for all of them is fucking steep as shit for me. All these figs are real nice, and I know they'll be on sale this holiday, but I don't know who to drop.

It doesn't help that amiibos are like, $18 here in Canada.
>>
>>5880533
>pc mustard face
>>
>>5881910
Nah, all amiibos that come out now tend to warm shelves and even get price reduced after some time. I think only the Smash series was really hyped in the first place.
>>
>>5881821
>be eastern yuropoor
>hear about dirt cheap DI figures in everywhere
>check country's all hardware store
>same price as usual
At least I can get infinite amount of Boba Fett for $15 if I want.
>>
>>5881910
They stated that there is no such thing as a Limited Time Amiibo, unless it says it is. So eventually we'll get Rosalina's again.
>>
File: coge.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
coge.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
>>5882024
Boba is literally the only one I want and it's all sold out.
>>
>>5881446
I think if you wanted to make it, it needs like a rolling cylinder thing. That's what it was in the movie.

>>5881910
Well these new ones are kind of weird. They're extremely popular it seems because they've been out of stock for preorders for most places. I'm sure there'll be plenty because they're Mario characters and I think most of the amiibo hype has died down, but they'll likely be quite rare for a little while unless you find them in a store.

It's likely that they'll get more and more reprints and stuff too so you shouldn't have to worry.

>>5882051
"Eventually" could really be any time and I think that's why the amiibos were so hard to come by before. People went into panic mode and started buying them up which set off the little cash register sounds for scalpers to also pick them up. It didn't help that there was that thing about Marth, WFT and Villager were going to be "retired"...and now TRU has so many goddamn villagers and Marth can probably still be found in some stores. WFT I would say is the rarest along with Rosie, but maybe that'll die down when she gets that MP version.
>>
>>5882409
Keep in mind we were also going to get a mass market release of the King Mickey power disc "eventually".
>>
>>5881910
Outside of those exclusive releases like Gold Megaman or Gold Mario they're all readily available at any given time, and you can even import the triple pack sets from Europe or Japan as they're sold as singles there if you just want someone like K.K. for example. Not to mention if they start shelfwarming like the Animal Crossing ones or the Marios/Luigis/Peaches/Bowsers the price sharply drops to like $5-8 a figure which is great.

>>5882051
>So eventually we'll get Rosalina's again.
That doesn't mean Smash Rosalinas though, that could easily mean whatever line they're doing at the time as they still register as a Rosalina Amiibo.
>>
If Disney are shutting down servers, could a regular person host his/her own?
>>
>>5886507
Someone in Reddit istrying to figure that out
>>
>>5886698
i hope someone on reddit is also finding a way to make characters/playsets fully compatible.
>>
>>5886507
even if they did, unofficial servers tend to be C&D'd in a hurry.
>>
File: 5nlcirn.jpg (623KB, 2146x2986px) Image search: [Google]
5nlcirn.jpg
623KB, 2146x2986px
>>
File: e1XEB1M.jpg (1002KB, 2146x2986px) Image search: [Google]
e1XEB1M.jpg
1002KB, 2146x2986px
>>
File: b2MecP7.jpg (1MB, 2651x2986px) Image search: [Google]
b2MecP7.jpg
1MB, 2651x2986px
>>
File: l1SCjP2.jpg (642KB, 2600x2600px) Image search: [Google]
l1SCjP2.jpg
642KB, 2600x2600px
>>
>>5888231
>>5888234
Day one!

I wouldn't mind an 8-bit Samus Amiibo one day. That should be around 30 years, too
>>
>>5888238
based
>>
>>5877773
Looks like they're clearancing everything Disney Infinity out now at Target, just picked up the Finding Dory set for $15, and most of the singles are $6-8 at most.
>>
>>5889516
what a train wreck this whole game was. with all the mistakes they were making, Disney going exclusively mobile sounds like a great idea for them
>>
>>5888234
>>5888231
>>5888235
any idea when these will be out for pre-order?
>>
>>5826848
Here's a newly updated amiibo checklist if anyone is interested.

http://h3ibai.deviantart.com/art/Amiibo-Checklist-555739308
>>
>>5890157
They're up now on amazon i believe.
>>
>>5890600
i personally don't see em
>>
File: lego dimensions year 1.png (360KB, 353x472px) Image search: [Google]
lego dimensions year 1.png
360KB, 353x472px
I know this might be a question for /v/, but I think it fits here better:

Which Lego Dimensions sets have the most versatility? In other words, which sets do I need to buy to complete the game 100%, while spending the least amount of money?
>>
>>5890900
to clarify, I'm talking about the main story.
>>
>>5890900
Cyberman and Slimer are really versatile.
>>
File: hex-lightcore-box.jpg (136KB, 550x1017px) Image search: [Google]
hex-lightcore-box.jpg
136KB, 550x1017px
what's the story behind this figure on why it's basically worth dirt?
>>
>>5890920
Well, at my Walmart, it was supposed to be a preorder bonus for Giants. BUT they never sent us the boxes that we were supposed to get, so no one got one.

Except like two fucking YEARS later someone found the boxes of them stuffed somewhere random in the backroom. And, of course, since they weren't in inventory, we never received a markdown for them, so they were still priced at $15 or whatever. For a two-year-old product.

Last time I checked, there were still three or four floating around with $5 stickers on them.
>>
>>5891003
It was also a preorder bonus of Swap Force for both TRU and Gamestop.
Basically, I suppose it was given away so often, it's not worth anything.
>>
>>5890920
TRU here are racks of them for $0.99. TRU is also currently selling Skylander singles BUY 1 GET 2 FREE. I'm contemplating getting 3 Hexes for $1 for no reason.
>>
File: PatinaShieldStriker-300x300.png (167KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
PatinaShieldStriker-300x300.png
167KB, 300x300px
I picked up one of these last week for off the shelf price, any idea on it's rarity or value? Does it look different it game?
>>
>>5891040
i was going to joke about it, but apparently its quite valuable
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylanders-Superchargers-Rusted-Cooper-Patina-Shield-Striker-Chase-Variant-/162156954241?hash=item25c14ec281:g:djsAAOSwtnpXoVQo
if it starts becoming common, it might drop in value like that shiny gill grunt.

i dont think it looks different though.
>>
>>5890920
>>5891003
>>5891010
LC Hex was saved at the end of the Giants release cycle as a preorder bonus at many stores for Swap Force. After the game came out, there just seemed to be an insane amount, especially after collectors and everyone got them.

Cheapest I've seen was at TRU where they were 99 cents each, but buy 1 get 2 free. Some places still have them for $5 but even thats too much.

Honestly, Skylanders are a weird beast where shit is really not worth anything. They may be rare later on and after the game cycle is "retired" stuff might be worth a lot but then other things are worth jack shit.

>>5891040
That patina SS is pretty neat, I haven't found any chase figures and I've been looking since the first game came out. I dunno about value but if you're not super interested in them, sell it. there's no difference between it and the normal one except I believe there's a tag in the game that says "Special" so it'll say "Shield Striker- Special"
>>
Down to 1 single DI figure and the collection will be complete. Kinda glad I skipped 3.0 until it hit clearance as it made it more manageable to spend the money this time. I did 2.0 with all the sales, but that was still quite a bit of investment. $5 figs beats everything else hands down
>>
>>5881446
You put Jackhammer there.
>>
>>5881821
>be yuropoor, hear about dirt cheap DI figures
>check leading hardware store chain's prices
>fucking €5, here i go
>get to the only store in my area
>DI shelf is completely stripped except from a random star wars rebel in a broken box
>go to the toysrus right next to it now i'm here
>cue hallelujah, all the fucking DI and amiibos are there
>lol €17 or more, good goy
>return home empty handed
Such is life in the zone.
>>
>>5890900
Forgive me for recommending Reddit, but the Lego Dimensions subreddit's "LD Tracker" spreadsheet is exactly what you're looking for. It can tell you the exact and cheapest combination of things you need to buy for 100%. But off the bat, Slimer, Sensei Wu, Cyberman, and Wicked Witch are good picks.
>>
Someone can explain me why supercharger have such good sculp quality and poor paintjobs compared to the other skylander generations?
This is upseting me
>>
>>5892102
they all have the same quality to me, just that the SA ones are outdated
>>
>>5892102
It's because they had the split the budget for both the figures as well as the vehicles
>>
>>5892102
Paintjobs have really decreased in quality since the end of Trap Team. I've yet to see a Camo that doesn't have shit all over his face
>>
File: kryptonite_super2.jpg (95KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
kryptonite_super2.jpg
95KB, 1024x743px
Which star wars figure from DI should I get?
Only want one but they all look so cool, from yoda and obi-wan to vader and kylo.
>>
>>5895100
>hurr I leik dese figures
>no mention of boba fett
Come on now.
>>
>Lego Dimensions in finally coming in Italy this week
>Looking at store preorders it looks like Eris, Wicked Witch and the Portal level pack are not going to be released here
Why
>>
>>5895100
I have 6 SW figures (maybe more in the future but I live in a sad place where Infinity figs cost the same as new)
>Anakin Skywalker
>Ahsoka Tano
Anakin and Ashoka is almost the same in the terms of moves and playstyle. Ahsoka is much flashier because of the dual lightsabers and is cute girl if it is matters for you. Anakin is the usual grumpy serious guy. Their only real difference is their special ability and "force" finisher. I usually don't like to spend points on specials because you need to charge them and it gimps your basic attacks. It is very easy to miss the specials with these characters and the attack are weak anyway. So the force finisher is when you land a combo you can press an extra prompt at the end and get an extra attack that damages everyone around you. It does the same for both characters but in different ways. Anakin pulls enemies in, Ashoka lifts up everyone around her then deals damage to them.
>Sabine Wren
Pure dual wield shooter. Extremely flashy (360 shooting combos both on land and air) but doesn't feels like a SW character. At least has a super jump. Melee is really basic, but with the proper skills you can "force" finish most of your attacks by throwing a grenade in the face of your enemy.
>>
>>5895367
>Luke Skywalker
Best force user I saw so far. Plenty of combos for melee, stop and cancel them all you want. Great juggle options. Has a blaster by default with its own "force" finisher. Even his special is great (I actually had problems distibuting my points) instead the usual hit or miss skill activation it "just" ups his damage and speed and gets him a dash instead the blaster. Character traits are pretty awesome too: Tech, Lighsaber, Force, Marksman, Super Jump.
>Princess Leia
She is completly specialized in shooting. Her melee combo is literally press the attack button three times. What makes her interesting is she can cancel any of her moves into a marksman headshot which destroys almost everything. Punch, jump etc and any time you feel it just pull the right trigger. One of her character traits is she can detect the collectable flying aliens in every SW playset.
>Darth Vader (light up)
Menacing and stuff but he was a letdown for me. Has Super Strenght and can grab/choke/throw enemies away but nothing really interesting.
>>
So how much "game" do you get in the Lego Dimensions starter set? I'm interested in jumping down the rabbit hole, but it's quite pricey to get the starter set, as well as a bunch of level packs.

I guess also how much do you actually get in level packs?
>>
>>5895100
Darth Vader or Kylo Ren
>>
>>5895381
The Starter Pack by itself gives you access to all fifteen levels of the Story Mode, three franchise-focused Adventure Worlds (The LEGO Movie, LOTR, and DC), and a bonus area where you can beat up mooks forever.

There's a lot of unlockables that require abilities and characters that are sold separately, but you can essentially finish the game with just Wyldstyle, Gandalf, and Batman. Accomplishing 100% requires purchases, but you don't need every pack to do it.

The amount of stuff you get in the level packs varies, but it's always one full level, however long that level may be. Since none of the franchises in the Level Packs come in the Starter Pack, you also gain access to their respective Adventure Worlds, and I believe most of the minifigs in the Level Packs have exclusive abilities (e.g. Chell's Portal Gun, the Doctor's TARDIS, Ghost Traps).
>>
>>5895381
On its own, the Dimensions starter feels pretty short on game content, but comes with $30 dollars worth of Lego and peripherals. Don't buy it for any more than $60.

Like >>5895400 said, you can complete the main story out of the box, but the game is full of pop-ups saying you need such and such character to proceed, and it gets old fast.

Level packs enhance the game considerably. The Doctor Who one has a fun level and opens the most secret areas. The Back to the Future one, by contrast, is disappointingly short. Like everything else, they're direly overpriced, though.

If you want to play it cheap, you can pick up the discs from the level packs on Bricklink for five bucks or so. No figure or models, but all the content.
>>
>>5895400
>>5895533
Alright cool, thank you.

I'll probably end up buying the level packs new, as I do want the figures as well. I must admit, it's a lot of the year two stuff that's caught my interest. I'll probably avoid a lot of the fun/team packs though.
>>
>Dr. Who set sokd out on every online retailer
>Only a few local stores still have it
>Refuse to pay MSRP for it

The next half off sale is going to be a mad dash, and it better get here soon.
>>
>>5891363
Skylanders being worth next to nothing for resale value is actually a pretty good thing. One could get the cooler figures like Drobot, Blackout and Spotlight without spending too much. It's only the game that's tough to get.
>>
File: latest.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
Apparently Benny the Cab was going to be a vehicle in Disney Infinity at one point
>>
>>5896116
Spotlight and Blackout are still exceedingly rare and expensive, even preowned. The games will always drop to a quarter of the price the following year. The thing is that there's so many characters, that its hard to tell what'll be rare and what will be common as dirt.

>>5896811
This is a horribly missed opportunity.
>>
>>5896902
>This is a horribly missed opportunity.

You could say that about Disney Infinity as a whole, really.
>>
>>5897079
You could say that about everything that is wrong with Disney nowadays in general anyway.
>>
>>5897081
This. I have no idea what Disney is doing desu. I mean what was the point of those Marvel only toys that they were putting next to infinity?

The best we can hope for is that Disney is persuaded by Warner Bros. to allow Disney/Marvel/Star Wars IPs on Dimensions since Lego already works with them.
>>
>>5896811
It seems it was going to be based off the Disneyland ride rather than straight up Benny.
>>
>>5896811

They couldn't do it anyway.
The complicated rights issues behind Roger Rabbit tripped them up.
>>
>>5898249
That tends to happen when they translate to game pieces. They try to make it more bumper car/go cart design. It's still funny to me that a character can ride on the Cars characters you buy as figures..
>>
Picked up Black Panther and Boba Fett on clearance. It's shame the Infinity got discontinued right when it was about to unlock it's true potential
>>
All infinity starter packs on sale for $15. including 3.0

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-disney+infinity+starter+pack,28-xu0,13162
>>
>nowhere with quorra or sam on clearance
I didn't even buy 3.0. but I want them
>>
>>5899959
Got them at my TRU $5 each. Got the ps4 game 3.0 for $15
>>
>>5899948

The damn Saga bundle is sold out and/or on hold by some other person.

No other store will price match either.
>>
Apparently Nintendo is interesting in bringing Amiibo to mobile devices
>>
>>5901569
They'd probably have to make some sort of portal or develop something that can simply read them. The chips in the Skylanders used to be able to be read by phones, and figures with light up stuff work if you have an NFC enabled phone.
>>
>>5901569
oh boy, more coins and crystals i can get once per day.
>>
>Amiibo

When are just they going to stop? They don't do anything cool. The only game that uses them in anything other than a "tap amiibo to unlock stuff" capacity is Smash, and there's so little customization in that game that every Amiibo character ends up playing exactly the same anyway.

I wish Nintendo hadn't bombed the living fuck out of the idea.
>>
>>5903117
and yet people are still eating them up. Smash itself is hardly a feature since you can just fight CP's anyway
>>
>>5903129
>and yet people are still eating them up

That's what I just don't understand. They're practically ~$12 DLC unlockers (and are exactly that, in the case of games like Shovel Knight), and everybody who buys them acts like there's SOOO MUCH cool stuff Amiibos can do. I just don't get it. If there were an actual GAME to be played with Amiibos, I'd understand their popularity, but right now it makes no goddamn sense.
>>
>>5903137
for some amiibo, the popularity is totally based on niche characters who've never had a single piece of merch finally getting a little statue which fans of those series will snap up immediately
otherwise yeah I don't really get it either
I was pretty excited about the shovel knight amiibo until I learned it was for unlocking the wiiu version's exclusive content (instead of getting it for free like playstation and xbox owners)
i think the thing that chaps my ass the most is that an amiibo can only hold data for one game
so if a new sonic game comes out that uses amiibo? better delete that smash data
what they really need to do is make a new custom robo or medabots-type series
something with a customizable main character/unit
that way your amiibo's customization can travel between games of the same series and not feel so shallow and limited
and also that lets you take your amiibo to a friend's house to play as your character in multiplayer/vs stuff or something
but nah
that would be too fun
better to just use them to unlock "free" content I guess
>>
>>5903152
>what they really need to do is make a new custom robo or medabots-type series
We're already getting Imaginators. Thing about Nintendo lately is that when they innovate, they innovate only one thing and that one thing is what carries them. When they try to follow trends, they always end up steps behind. I still wonder why Nintendo still hasnt gone 3rd-party, when most of their software releases are just glorified remakes
>>
>>5826996
If you're interested in the figures go for it apparently Disney Infinity has skyrockted in the sales rankings right now it's beating out several new game releases so they won't be around for long.
>>
>>5826996
I just got the game. any other Marvel/Disney characters i should get? Already got all the avengers (except Widow), Baymax, Hiro. Not sure i need anymore Star Wars guys. Asoka is cool enough, and will probably just get Force unleashed at some point
>>
>>5903117
>>5903129
>>5903137
>>5903152
It seems to me that Nintendo grossly misunderstood how popular amiibo would be. I think the biggest selling point is that the figures are of characters who might never have gotten/never will have another piece of merchandise.

Originally, one of the biggest things was the "scarcity" factor, so people were lining up on release day to get these things. They're just not as popular any more/no one has the need to run out and look for them when they could easily order them from amazon months in advance. Probably some people got tired of waiting and just import shit now so there's no need to wait in line for stuff. I think you might see it a bit with the final Smash 3, but other than that I'm not sure Nintendo can recapture that lightning.

Although a lot of the figures don't have multiple uses, as someone who collects all of the toys to life figures, I enjoy getting the little bonuses in each game. Skylanders it doesn't really work that way; you can play as other characters but I've hardly touched like 99% of the figures after I get them. S1/S2 Spyro is the only one I usually use, maybe S2 Drobot/S1 stealth Elf because they're basically fucking OP and then sometimes new figures. Once you beat the game there's little point to play with anything else.
>>
>>5897098
>The best we can hope for is that Disney is persuaded by Warner Bros. to allow Disney/Marvel/Star Wars IPs on Dimensions since Lego already works with them.
I fucking hope so. Just let the Mouse play nice with Finn the Human, it won't do the company any harm.
>>
File: Figures_01.png (538KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Figures_01.png
538KB, 700x700px
Another new "Mobile Toys 2 Life" contender just showed up called "Lightseekers".
>>
>>5909977
I do like the figures. Hopefully the game isn't complete trash.
>>
>>5909977
Ooh, these look pretty cool. The figures look a little lacking in articulation, but perhaps those are just prototypes. Their other game, Infinite Arms, also looks pretty cool. Those designs are quite nice.
>>
>>5909977

They're gonna last less than a year, aren't they?
>>
>>5909977
Cute, they aren't hiding that it's a really obvious Skylanders knockoff.
>>
>>5910278
I don't think any TTL figures have any articulation except for Legos.
>>
>>5910324
It's a mostly cartoony fantasy series. I mean, not much else you can do in terms of designs.
>>
File: skorpos.png (228KB, 800x499px) Image search: [Google]
skorpos.png
228KB, 800x499px
>>5910380
Infinite Arms is Technopunk.
>>
>>5910403
He was talking about Lightseekers. I don't see how Infinite Arms looks like Skylanders if we're including it in the thought. These seem like they'll be very pricey. Fairly interested though.
>>
>>5907805
Disney would never allow something that's cool
>>
Lightseekers has a designer taking questions for the curious: https://www.lightseekers.com/forums/topic/introducing-benny-senior-designer/
>>
>>5910901
Thanks for sharing. Decent insight about the game there which sounds promising (they mention a PC port in time). But I'd like to see the final versions of the figures, their articulation, etc. That's what will make or break these for me.
>>
File: 20160914_171012(1).jpg (585KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160914_171012(1).jpg
585KB, 2048x1152px
Just got these both for $25 new. What now? I've never played any T2L games nor do I have any figures.
>>
>>5911776
Well, I guess ow you play the game. Before the servers shut down anyways. Or you have little figurines.
>>
>>5911776
>>5911914
You don't need anything online. The only reason I needed online was to play with my niece and nephew on my ubermap.
>>
>>5911776
Now you go have fun.
>>
>>5912188
>don't need anything online
There are a lot of toybox toys that will cease to function when the severs shut down. This includes the text toy.
>>
>>5911776
start building in the toy box.

i had so much fun the other day with the marvel one because it premakes some stuff for you like a city or a jungle. and then you can just start going crazy building stuff or whatever.
>>
File: Joy_with_rdp.png (742KB, 1076x582px) Image search: [Google]
Joy_with_rdp.png
742KB, 1076x582px
>>5912964
that reminds me, does the Radio Disney toy play actual radio music or is it just pre-loaded into the game?
>>
>>5913757
It streams from Radio Disney. When the servers go down it will too.
>>
>>5913757
Unless you're outside the USA.

Then is make no noise! :D
>>
>>5913797
that's so cool. an innovation even.
>>
Just to let everyone know, Toys 'R Us has an Infinity sale this week for Buy 1 get 2 free. Comes out to $5 a figure. Rounded out my GotG collection today thanks to that.
>>
Just grabbed Dimensions- are there any deals currently going on for figures?
>>
>>5918524
If you have a Five Below, they have/had a handful of figure sets available.
>>
>>5918524
I do not. Nowhere like target or best buy?
>>
>>5918760
Nope. Target has only had a few so far. BB might give you a deal with GCU.

Looks like Amazon and TRU both have stuff for a few bucks off but not that much.
>>
We'll probably get one more big wave of sales before Year 2 hits. Gotta clear them shelves.
>>
More details on upcoming packs.

The LEGO Batman Movie pack comes with both Robin and Batgirl.
Excalibur Batman will be a Target Exclusive.
Michael Knight (Knight Rider) fun pack will be a Gamestop Exclusive.
>>
>>5869379
At least I can swap out the Dr.Who theme for whatever version I like best right now.
>>
This thread has been going on since July. I can't believe it.
>>
ded thread?
>>
>>5909977
I'm really digging those designs. I hope it succeeds.

By the looks of this trailer the figures don't need stands and you can equip weapons into their hands. IGN describes the gameplay as "RPG-like" constantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk21HBa2Oos
>>
>>5910317
At least we're gonna get a waifu out of it
>>
I miss infinity.

I just got Dimensions. I really like characters for which their alt-build vehicles are completely different like Emmett. Any others that are very much like this?
>>
>>5927562
Also, is there any other characters that are unique ability wise like Unikitty and her rainbow build?
>>
>>5927563
Owen from the Jurassic World pack is the only one with vine cut... until Finn comes out in a few days.
>>
>>5927563
>>5927604

Aquaman has a unique power, and it seems Lumpy Space Princess will be able to do Rainbow builds too. Jake can also activate Gyrosphere switches it seems.
>>
>>5834900
Portal 2 Level Pack, Ghostbusters Level Pack. If you like the older Simpsons seasons, maybe watch the first 15 minutes of the level pack to see if you want it. If you like classic arcade games, specifically by Midway, the Midway Arcade pack is an absolute must.

Other cool and useful non-level packs are Benny, Zane, Aquaman, The Joker and Harley, Slimer, Owen and the ACU, and the Wicked Witch.

You should also check out the year to pack content. I'm at the edge of my seat for Target's BOGO free on Wave 6 packs on the 27th only. Picking up 2 B.A. packs plus the two free ones to play as the whole team in game. Also just pre-ordered Michael Knight and I'll be pre-ordering Chase McCain as soon as he's available.

>>5869118
Agreed, and with race music. Seriously, I can't wait to drive around listening to The A-Team and Knight Rider themes all the time, but I want to race with them too.

I also hope we can turn on KITT's scanner like the original Ecto-1's siren. Knowing Tt, they most likely will, but I dunno, I'm worried because the possibility of that not happening is still there.

>>5890900
Cyberman and Slimer are really good for the main story, as well as every single adventure world and pack level. I'd also recommend Superman, any Ninjago Ninja (Sensei Wu for the rare Pole Vault ability to win big studs), Aquaman for his bitch of an exclusive ability that's in almost every fucking level and adventure world, and any Chima character for other Minikits.

>>5907805
This, and Finn the Traitor as well. Although I want Indiana Jones more, not gonna lie.

>>5918524
For wave 6, Target Cartwheel members get BOGO free Wave 6 Expansion Packs on September 27th only. Like in a previous reply, gonna buy two B.A. packs and get two free to play as the whole team. Remember that trick if you're big on The A-Team.
>>
>>5928465
>my nigga chase mccain coming back
holy shit i didn't know this. I really hope they have some more sales because I love the little builds but they're far too expensive to just collect. I don't even have the game.

I did get Infinity 2.0 recently and holy shit the avengers thing is awesome. It's a ton of fun flying around the city. Is there any way to play as other characters in that same level in like a toy box mode? Cuz I'd love to swing around as Spidey and shit.

I have to go back in and look for the other vehicle unlocks because I'm missing a few.

And also, is the Spidey/Guardians levels like that too, with a big semi-open world to explore? I might have to look them up.
>>
>>5929472
>Is there any way to play as other characters in that same level in like a toy box mode?
No. You can make your own city, but not the the scale that the playset levels are. ToyBox renders all items at the same time which forces the toy box to be smaller than a playset level like Avengers or Spidey which loads sections as needed. You can make a decent cityscape, but it might only be 9 large terrains big. 3.0 actually caps the toy box on the PS3/360 even more than the 2.0 toy box does. 3.0 on PS4/Xbox One uses the memory expansion and system power for bigger boxes, but this wasn't coded into 2.0 very much.
>>
I got superchargers just because playing as Bowser and DK looked cool.

The game is really nice actually find some of the design...cool? Is this how it starts
>>
>>5929472
>Is there any way to play as other characters in that same level in like a toy box mode?
No, and that's because of a mess of rights issues internally. You can use Rocket Raccoon and Nova in The Avengers playset, but you need to get Champion Coins hidden in the world for it to even work. In 3.0 it's kind of more lenient since you can bring over a lot more Star Wars characters into the Star Wars playsets, but don't expect Marvel in Disney for example outside of the Toy Box.
>>
>>5928465
>BOGO Wave 6

BACK THE FUCK UP
Are you telling me I could get bith the level packs and both the team packs for half the price?
>>
>>5930404
That's always been a load of crap since 1.0, where it is all Disney. Heck, it's still all Disney. There should be no reason not to allow Disney characters within other Playsets. There's no difference between a Playset and the toybox. Yes, I am rather salty about it. That Pirates of the Caribbean set was awesome. I want my Dread Pirate Elsa.
>>
>>5930529
>There's no difference between a Playset and the toybox
The reasoning is that in the Playset they're the actual characters whereas in the Toy Box they're just dolls of characters. That's how they got aorund the legal mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>5930536
>whereas in the Toy Box they're just dolls of characters. That's how they got aorund the legal mumbo jumbo.
And 4.0 was going to have an all-inclusive box adventure that all "toy" characters could join.

The Battlegrounds Marvel playset will let you use all Marvel characters, 2.0 and 3.0. Big Hero 6 is excluded because they're not based on the MCU/Marvel Animated Universe.
>>
>>5930719
In 3.0 Toy Box Takeover you can use any character you want. However there is a serious problem with the difficulty even on normal. Certain characters are just not suited for battle while others are OP even on the hardest difficulty. Not to mention if you start with a lvl1 character you gonna have a bad time.

They fixed this In Marvel Battlegrounds by treating all characters as max level and revamping their movesets to make them equal.
>>
>>5826848
>Infinity:
>RIP in Piss

please don't remind me! disney infinity was the only toys to life franchise that i liked.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.