[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/biog/ - Bionicle and CCBS General: Many Makuta Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 692
Thread images: 103

File: 1469304521929.png (2MB, 1914x1024px)
1469304521929.png
2MB, 1914x1024px
>G1 Story Material
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpfNrl6RIvM
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/comics/
http://cross-wired-freak.tumblr.com/post/68472919868/bionicle-chronicles-bionicle-adventures-bionicle

>G2 Story Material
http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/story/episode-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsoT-fPe0LU&index=1&list=PLhu2VtAo89tdVuLXHS5tJUJNp3xgmWLKn

>For builders:
http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/
http://www.bricklink.com/
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/building-instructions/

Mask of Control is out on iOS and Android and just got updated. Still can't get it? Go here:
https://apkpure.com/lego%C2%AE-bionicle%C2%AE-2/com.lego.bionicle.maskofcontrol

Makuta Building Contest, check this shit out:
https://www.lego.com/en-us/videos/themes/bionicle/lego-bionicle-contest-video-a74b0b3ddf4d4701a6d60fec4279c583##sp=200

Wise Words:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA99_BMBYWE

Old thread: >>5810084
>>
Who's ready for tonight?
>>
File: Armon_-_Mummies_Alive!.png (259KB, 652x367px) Image search: [Google]
Armon_-_Mummies_Alive!.png
259KB, 652x367px
>>5821570
AYO
>*smacks hammer*
AYO HOL' UP
>*mixes elements*
SO YOU BE SAYIN'
>*makes shitty masks*
AYO SO WHAT YOU BE SAYIN' TO ME
>*gets jealous of brother*
IS WE WUZ, Y'KNOW
>*makes shitty evil mask*
AYO SO HOL' UP FO' ONE SECOND
>*destroys capital city*
SO WHAT YOU BE MEANIN' TO TELL ME
>*gets trapped in shadow dimension*
SO WHAT YOU BE SAYIN' IS
>*becomes titan*
SO YOU BE SAYIN THAT WE WUZ MASK MAKERS N SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIT?????
>>
>>5821774
18 hours lad
>>
File: 5 star stories.jpg (1MB, 1100x1293px) Image search: [Google]
5 star stories.jpg
1MB, 1100x1293px
Well damn, looks like someone built a huge 5 Star Stories mecha before I could finish mine.

....well it's not like I've been working on it since I last posted it.
>>
>>5821882
The upper body is nice but the legs and feet look odd.
>>
>>5821811
Less if you live in Norway. Dreading the spoilers.
>>
>>5822131
Agreed, they just look like big formless slabs.
>>
>>5821882
the size is impressive but as with most huge mocs it just looks like one big clusterfuck
>>
>>5821882
>>5822162
The smaller one to the right looks way more impressive imo
>>
>>5821882
I want to build something like this in my lifetime.
>>
>>5822131
I'm seriously struggling to find the knees on that thing.

Plus, the torso area seems a bit too thin in comparison with the rest of the thing, but I do like the shape of the shoulderpads.
>>
Might've been posted before but

>The toys encourage kids to learn about the difference between good and evil and allow them to choose what side they want to see be victorious.

Is in the description on TRU's site for MM v SG.

It's a crime that we didn't get Okoto Online: Mass Effect Edition
>>
So what time will JtO air in EST?
>>
>>5822465
12 a.m
>>
>>5822472
Are you sure? I recall the first two episodes didnt air until 3am EST.
>>
>>5822475
No yeah, you're right. It's 12 western time, around 3 eastern.
>>
>>5822465
https://countingdownto.com/countdown/the-journey-to-one-3-4-countdown-clock
>>
>>5822489
8 am for me I see, well, at least there should be a good version up by the time I get home and wake up after sleep, so I can download it, just have to avoid the spoilers.
>>
File: Noble Ruru.png (39KB, 271x259px)
Noble Ruru.png
39KB, 271x259px
Is CCBS good yet?
>>
File: Bait.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>5822778
>>
>>5822489
fuck this shit, it's already july 29th in Europe
>>
>>5822890
It's only been the 29th for a few hours
>>
>>5822890
> 2 am
>anon already goes REEE
>>
>>5821882
Source on this? Also any pics of the one to the left and right?
>>
When are we going to get to the point when stores stop buying CCBS action figures because they don't do well?
>>
>>5823277
Probably around the same time lego realizes that just because something is a 'unified building system' doesnt mean every set has to look the same.
>>
Season 2 for the show is available to some people. Expect to see spoilers within the hour.
>>
>>5823404
I'm calling bullshit.
>>
who staying up till 3am to watch this shit here?
>>
File: ekimu.png (298KB, 370x448px) Image search: [Google]
ekimu.png
298KB, 370x448px
>>5823766
Yo!
>>
Here we go.
>>
Oh hey, the beasts were made from the traps after all.
>>
>>5823831
We're going to need more crystal pieces.
>>
AGIL IS THE FUCKING CREATURE OF LIGHT
>>
Holy shit Ekimu's Falcon is actually fucking insanely plot relevant.
>>
The falcon didn't say shit, Ekimu.
>>
>the protectors beating down on the elemental beasts like a race war
>>
File: Agil.png (3MB, 1920x1080px)
Agil.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
All hail Agil, bird jesus.
>>
Holy shit the Shadow Realm we Yu-gi-oh now.
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 647x684px)
image.jpg
72KB, 647x684px
holy shit the okotoians just fucking wailing on the beasts made my sides leave orbit
>>
The ancient city is really cool looking, How near impossible is it to try and build it?
>>
>Umarak the destroyer
>Big Guy
>Wears a mask
>Literally says "FOR YOU"
And thus the meme reaches it's logical conclusion.
>>
I got lots of the Mask of Light movie vibes from the last episode.
>>
Ghali is destined to be Makuta's sexslave?

...I'm gonna need a MOC of that.
>>
The Toa re-banished Makuta and returned to the stars.
"This is the Legend of Bionicle" was spoken.
It's all over.
>>
So... does this mean it's over? No 2017?
>>
>>5823919
Sure looks that way. Though, Ekimu kinda left it open-ended when he said "they will return".
>>
Whelp, looks like its all over. This does cause some questions though.

1. If they planned this for three years, then what the hell was their plan for 2017?
2. Are we ever going to get the MoUP in set form, they clearly have the mold.
3. What the fuck was any of the shit with the mask of time.
>>
So, what was better, the webisodes or the netflix series?
>>
it's all ogre
>>
RIP Umarak
RIP Agil
RIP Toa
RIP Bionicle
>>
>>5823925
>1.
Probably something with the Mask of Time and actually fighting Makuta after he returns.
>2.
Maybe if those rumours of an extra set later this year turn out true.
>3.
A plot element that had to be cut. Whatever work they had done on it so far was moved to side material because everyone loves some extra worldbuilding.
>>5823927
JtO, definitely. Great designs, great music, and at least a little less compressed.
But neither of them had good aciton.
>>
So....How long is this general going to stay alive?
>>
>>5823937
Depends on what happens with Constraction/CCBS after this.
>>
So biog, with Bionicle G2 seemingly over, where should we go from here? MOCs? G1 lore discussion? Latch on to the next CCBS line?
>>
>>5823925
official thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
>>
>>5823940
I'm tinkering on figuring out a story with G2 crossing over with Star Wars.

Mostly because I want lego Kylo Ren to fight off giant skull robots.
>>
>>5823948
"'Bionicle' is a droid maker's dream project they started on a mostly inhabitable planet.

Kylo Ren somehow ends up there, fights skeleton robots."
>>
File: Lego Bionicle 2015 concept art 1.jpg (180KB, 1600x723px) Image search: [Google]
Lego Bionicle 2015 concept art 1.jpg
180KB, 1600x723px
>>5823951
I'm thinking more like something something sith holocron creates sith droids. Kylo Ren goes to check out sith stuff, fights giant skeleton robots.
>>
File: saturday.png (159KB, 1360x263px) Image search: [Google]
saturday.png
159KB, 1360x263px
The good news is that we apparently won't have to wait for leak season to get final confirmation.
>>
>>5823940
>MOCs? G1 lore discussion?
We do this already when we're not discussing G2, so we keep at it. Well, I would. Can't speak for everyone.
>Latch on to the next CCBS line?
I guess? I'm hoping for Nexo Knights CCBS or an all new IP, but after Chima, I'm thinking Lego's got some worries about Constraction if Bionicle is any indicator unless they drop something big at either Nuremburg or New York Toy Fair this year.
>>
How many episodes are out? a total of 4, right? Aren't there supposed to be 6 all together?
>>
>>5823966
Five, including the prologue episode that recapped the webseries.
>>
>>5823971
then we have at least one more to go. Maybe a movie-lengthed episode?
>>
>>5823977
I wouldn't count on it.
>>
>>5823966
The only source for there being 6 episodes I remember is that one person who claimed to have seen the show weeks before it actually came out. Pretty sure it was just bullshit.
>>
>>5823983
hmmm. I unno, seems like a really, really short run if this is all they were gonna do, I guess we'll have to wait till saturday for actual answers
>>
Real talk: is there really a hate for CCBS? I was never into G1 Bionicle, nor was I into HF, but that has more to do with My preference for minifig scaled stuff than anything else.

I tried the Queen Beast set and that yellow mech out of CCBS- I can see that not appealing. But the G2 Bonkles are actually pretty fun.
>>
>>5824000
Most people who hate CCBS do so because it's not muh old bonkle system and because Hero Factory rarely did much with it.
>>
So, I've decided I don't need to know more about the Mask of Time. The hint that it's half of a larger mask might have just been something to imply a connection, or at least coax theories without actually saying it outright; nothing more. And I'm fine with that.

I'm also fine with the Maze of Control seemingly having no purpose beyond protecting the mask. If that plot arc was foretold in the prophecy, then that's the only reason the ancients needed to build the maze in the first place.

What I'm NOT fine with is that we may never learn more about the ancients OR the genesis of the two legendary masks the Makers wore.

I'm also NOT fine with the fear that we may never get a physical MoUP. They fuckin' better hold some promotion for the thing since they've already molded the prototype. That's all I ask for. Please, Lego... Please?
>>
>>5824009
>I'm also NOT fine with the fear that we may never get a physical MoUP

I feel we'll definitely get the MoUP, most likely as a finale set around winter/2017.
>>
Spoil teh ending plz. Can't watch it now. Why Bonkle is over?
>>
>>5824011

See
>>5823916
>>
>>5824011
Toa sacrifice their powers to keep Makuta in the Shadow Realm and then return to the stars from which they came from.
>>
If this is it, if this is all we're going to get...then what the hell was the point of rebooting Bionicle in the first place?
>>
So if the prophecy was laid out 100% before any of this started, why did Makuta even pursue any of his goals? Did he just think he could change fate and succeed regardless of what the ancients predicted?
>>
I'm gonna go drink until I pass out and hopefully sleep all through tomorrow so that when I wake up on Saturday, I'll know if the line is over for real. If it is? I wish that I'll have gone through the stages of grief completely by then.
>>
>>5824009
I want two things. The Mask of Ultimate Power AND instructions for JTO Makuta. Come the fuck on, Lego. Don't pull another Shadow Clone and build a combiner model that you never intend to release instructions for.
>>
File: 002.jpg (128KB, 800x564px)
002.jpg
128KB, 800x564px
>the Toa returned to the stars
>to the STARS
Clearly final wave foreshadowing.
>>
>>5824033
How horrendous
>>
>>5824033
please, no thanks.
>>
But Izotor... I still need heroes. I need heroes NOW more than ever!

Someone hold me.
>>
>>5824032
>Don't pull another Shadow Clone and build a combiner model that you never intend to release instructions for.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/43377110@N06/sets/72157667106613443
>>
I'm holding on to strings until they're cut right in my hands.

This could just be the end of the journey for the TOA, right? We've still got the Protectors who can go on a quest to seek out answers to the loose ends in a final epilogue for the series.

Also, what if they DO release an art book to the public and it comes with the Mask of Ultimate Power? That's the best case scenario for me.
>>
>>5824043
I know instructions got out there, but it wasn't LEGO who did it for us, is what I'm saying. They didn't INTEND to give us instructions. A fan observed the model they used and made them for us.
>>
>>5824045
MoUP might be a DVD bonus. Assuming Journey to One ever gets DVDs released outside of Australia.
>>
>>5824051
I'd be alright with that option too. As long as we get the mask somehow.
>>
>>5824024
For two years of toys you horse's ass
>>
OH SHIT. I was right. Dorek confirmed that Makuta is a combiner model between:
>LoSS
>MMvsSG
>2016 Tahu
>2016 Onua
>Ikir
>Umarak the Hunter
And
>Umarak the Destroyer

He saw the model when he went, which means we actually might get instructions after all. FUCK YEAH
>>
>>5824061
Even fucking Chima lasted longer and had a bigger budget than Bionicle G2. Let that sink in
>>
Does anyone have DL link?
>>
>>5824063
>have to buy duplicates again
>2015 sets are long gone, and winter wave is mostly gone too
>still missing the mask either way

Fucking hell.
>>
>>5824069
When someone asked him if we'd get the MoUP he replied "all will be explained" wheb Lego makes an officially statement on the 31st. There's a chance we might get the mask, but I guess we'll find out then.
>>
Holy fuck, what if that rumored Makuta set is a box set of all the required figures needed to build him and the Mask of Ultimate Power? Something like Ultimate Dume.

Since it involves now retired sets I don't know if that's even possible, but it would be great.
>>
File: 1469213108606.png (220KB, 379x372px)
1469213108606.png
220KB, 379x372px
>>5824072
>it has alternate instructions to build the shadow clone Umarak
I'd laugh my ass off if Lego even does the huge box set thing.
>>
>>5824063
Proofs?
>>
>>5824078
Check the Eurobricks 2016 Bionicle Rumors thread. I'm on mobile right now and can't be assed to link it. Dorek is a Lego Ambassador though, so his word is truth.
>>
>>5824066
So what? It was still fun. Don't even act like it was all pointless.
>>
So wait. That storyboard blog pretty much confirmed that they had JTO all planned out in 2015. If they planned it to end like this all the way back last year, why the fuck did they tell us it was going on for three years? On top of that, when did they even make the decision to pull the plug in that timeframe? They couldn't have had a sales report for 2015 by then. What the actual hell is going on?
>>
>>5824083
Because Bionicle deserves better than to be brought back just for a half-assed cash in.
It's an IP with so much potential, the potential to be as expansive and complex as transformers.
Most of the sets were solid, and the concept art was really cool, but Lego did nothing interesting with them.
And judging from what Ryder windham said in his interviews, Lego explicitly didn't want them to do anything interesting for fear that it would be too complicated.
>>
So why and how did Makuta have the MoUP in the Shadow Realm BEFORE Umarak assembled the mask to open the portal. Is it a second mask, or a fake?
>>
So if Makuta is the combiner, what's up with his mask? Polybag maybe?
>>
Haven't watched it yet, so there's a question: is Umarak+Beasts combiner canon?
>>
>>5823277
It's already happened in a lot of stores in the UK. CCBS Star Wars TFA and Summer 2015 were the last sets widely available. TRU and a couple of Tescos have winter 2016 Bionicle sets. Are the summer 2016 sets supposed to be out in the UK yet?
>>
>>5823887
Just use mirrors and Nuva Cubes.
>>
>>5824086
Yeah, that's pretty weird. I suppose they could have switched the ending out later.
Oh well, we'll know more once the announcement comes.
>>5824102
A depowered copy would be my guess. Might also be responsible for Makuta being titan-sized.
>>5824116
No.
>>
That... Was really bad lmao
>>
>>5824122
>Implying LEGO will actually tell us anything
>>
If the line is over I just want them to release a mega Makuta with the Mask of Ultimate power in two colors and with that MNOG Tohunga Makuta included in the set.
>>
>>5824149
I doubt they even still have the molds to make a Tohunga.
>>
>>5824163

I was talking about that Protector wearing the black Mask of Fire next to Overlord Makuta. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
Any download links to episode 3 and 4?
>>
Any links for episode 4? It's not appearing on my Netflix.
>>
>>5824185
Are you sure you've selected Season 2 in the dropdown? Because I hadn't and it had me confused for a bit as well.
>>
>>5824185
Nvm I'm stupid, it's on s2
>>
>>5824192
Yep I'm stupid, just figured that out a couple mins after I posted. Thanks in anyways, I haven't looked at anything Bionicle since Christmas.
>>
it all comes
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
TUMBLING DOWN
>>
>implying year 3 isn't going to be about the Protectors becoming Toa
Soon.
>>
So what about the leak we got a few days ago that showed the banner for next year? The MOUP graphic on that wasn't something we've seen before.
>>
>>5824215
That would be cool. I liked the protectors more than the Toa.
>>
>Implying that 2017 isn't after a timeskip, with Ekimu and current protectors dead, and they need Toa once again
>>
>>5824211
it all returns to nothing
>>
>So YOU are the Toa of Light.
>Hahaha, no... Just a silly old mask maker who wants to help.
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>5824225
>stop comparing me to Takanuva you little shits
>>
Why did nobody mention that Agil basically died.
>>
Hero Factory reboot when
>>
>>5824225

Did they really tease the Toa of Light like that?
>>
>>5824230
Agil is literally the Creature of Light.
>>
>>5824229
Already.
>>
>>5824217
It was confirmed fake, plus that banner was literally the one from this year with the MoUP cropped from the screencap of the Makuta contest, recolored in gold.
>>
>>5824211
This is... This is nice. I... This is the end. O-ok... Where exactly am I?! Um... Oh, here's the song. Oh, good. Um, there's some things that are still unresolved here, guys. Where the heck do the Toa come from? Why did they lose their powers? W-was Makuta dead, or... a ghost... or...
Hell, was this all just a dream?
Wh-what's a Vahi? Is that sort of a... Freudian thing? Er, um... Is G1 still canon? Oh, hell... are there any more islands on Okoto's planet? I mean, I'd like to go home now, but... um... Oh, god - Where's home?
Ok, ok, I musn't run away, I musn't run away. I got that. Good. Ok. Now, if I were to run away, let's analyze that: Where the FUCK would I go? I'm on a big, blue ball!
Is this how you end a series? I mean, is this 'where we go from here?' Ok, the novel better sure as HELL make up for this, I'm tellin' you right now - 'cause I'm stuck in nowhereland.
You ran outta plastic too, didn't you, ya bastards?
>>
Has anyone uploaded the new episodes yet?
>>
>>5824243
fucking KEK
>>
Brb guys, gonna go kill myself real quick.
>>
I wish that I could turn back time
With this golden Vahi of mine
can't live without the sets of those you love.
I know we can't forget the past
you can't forget bohrok and mask packs
because of that it's killing me inside

It all returns to nothing, it all comes
tumbling down, tumbling down,
tumbling down,
it all returns to nothing, I just keep
letting me down, letting me down,
letting me down,
>>
Now that this line is over, what do you want to see done in CCBS next?

I'm all for a Knights Kingdom reboot done in this system.
>>
>>5824237
confirmed fake by who? the guy who originally posted it posted pics for other themes too.
>>
The generic responses on Lego's Twitter are either updated really fast or really, really damn slow.
>>
>>5824259

Nexo Knights please.
>>
>>5824263
Which were also confirmed fake, the guy himself admitted it.
>>
>>5824270
Fuck off back to /lg/ with your overrrated line
>>
I couldn't get to sleep at all tonight because of this crippling depression I've fallen in to. Thanks Lego.
>>
>>5824275
oh well, rip bionicle for real
>>
>>5824264
The End confirmed?
>>
>>5824284
People said it was one of the their Twitter's automated responses.
>>
File: knight.png (1MB, 756x720px)
knight.png
1MB, 756x720px
>>5824259
i want ccbs sets that look like this
>>
>>5824284
Not any more confirmed than it already was, given how unreliable company responses on social media can be. We probably won't know for sure until Sunday.
>>
>>5824264
>Covering the name when anyone can go and find the tweet
>>
>>5824292
Hey, I just stole that screenshot.
>>
What if Tahu & co. have gone to make way for a new Toa team next year?

>yfw Inika
>>
>>5824292
Yeah, that was pretty retarded now that I think about it. Should've just waited until the other guy asked the question.
>>
File: eugh.jpg (46KB, 1034x601px)
eugh.jpg
46KB, 1034x601px
>>5824259
>Knights Kingdom
No thanks
If bionicle is really over, CCBS will remain a system for action figures and most likely licensed sets.
>>
How to watch it besides netflix? Any leaks?
>>
>>5824298
Just pay and fucking watch it already.
>>
>>5824297
>not wanting KK CCBS figures
kys
>>
That room of crystals Ekimu armors up in is probably full of lightstones made by Agil like with the other Creature shrines. He probably used the Mask of Creation to imbue his armor with their power or some shit.
>>
>>5824259
I would rather a KK reboot in system desu

I want an actual castle theme for fucks sake.
>>
>>5824306
>I would rather a KK reboot in system desu
>I want an actual castle theme for fucks sake.
You got Nexo Knights tho :^)
>>
Kinda fuckin wierd that Izotor of all characters gets the last line. I would've prefered it be either Narmoto or Ekimu.
>>
>>5824309
maybe ekimu was already dead by then
>>
>>5824308
>Nexo Knights was shown in the timeline included with the classic knight promotional set that showed the evolution of the castle theme over time.
Fucking kill me, were Ninjago and Chima not enough for you Lego? Will you not rest until literally every theme is vehicles covered in shooters that split apart into smaller ugly vehicles?
>>
>>5824326
This is all LJ's fault.
If he didn't exist, Lego wouldn't have focused on Nexo Knights and CCBS Star Wars instead of Bionicle.
>>
>>5824227
He sacrificed himself to...power Umarak up?

Y'know, I get that Ekimu was all about fulfilling the prophecy to keep Makuta from coming back but did he not realise that just not fulfilling the prophecy would also keep Makuta from coming back?
>>
>Bonkle is literally over
>the summer wave isn't still sold here yet
>>
File: 1469661935567.gif (584KB, 320x240px)
1469661935567.gif
584KB, 320x240px
MFW that ending
>>
>>5824339
Agil?
>>
File: fuuuuuuck.gif (137KB, 266x150px)
fuuuuuuck.gif
137KB, 266x150px
>>
DOWNLOAD LINKS WHEN DOWNLOAD LINKS WHEN DOWNLOAD LINKS WHEN
>>
>>5824215
>implying year 3 is still happening
>>
I need download links.
>>
File: 1466194377376.png (368KB, 664x606px) Image search: [Google]
1466194377376.png
368KB, 664x606px
>For that is the legend of the Bionicle

What did he mean by this?
>>
What is the reviving Bionicle guy gonna do now?
>>
>>5824367
Man, I want the G2 story team to go back and look at G1 now, since clearly they didnt look past the Mask of Light movie when doing their initial research.

I want them to see what the fuck they were following up, maybe then they will understand why everyone was so disappointed by everything.
>>
Hey guys, this is not fake? they closed franchise again? Tell me its a joke,
>>
>>5824374
>clearly they didnt look past the Mask of Light movie when doing their initial research.
Didn't they actually say pretty much that in 2014? They took inspiration from 2001-2003 because those were generally considered the "golden years" of G1.
Nobody who paid attention at the very beginning of this reboot should have expected it to resemble anything else.
>>
File: RipBonkle.png (377KB, 508x595px) Image search: [Google]
RipBonkle.png
377KB, 508x595px
>>
File: Dr. Pavel I'm CIA.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>5824259
Anything that isn't just fucking Star Wars sets.

Knight's Kingdom reboot would be nice, but Nexo Knights would make more sense. I'd just rather see an original IP.

Staving off this feeling of dread by watching Stippling's newest video.
>>
>>5824387
Fucking RIP in Piece
>>
http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/newsboard?ignorereferer=true
>>
>>5824387

So what are they going to do for winter 2016/17? Just the Star Wars sets?
>>
>>5824387
But we'll still get something for this winter wave, right?
>>
File: 1407799551392.png (34KB, 464x394px)
1407799551392.png
34KB, 464x394px
>>5824387
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdT4njpx4xY
>>
Thread Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
>>
>>5824392
Well, fuck Lego for first dangling the Mask of Ultimate Power in front of our faces and then telling us they won't be releasing anymore sets.

Seriously, releasing a Makuta set with the MoUP was the least they could do right?
>>
A theme with little to no marketing gets discountinued? What a surprise.
>>
>>5824392
>>5824410

The MoUP is going to be a prize, mark my words. BZP will be the only people in the world to own that mask
>>
>HF ends with sets labeled "Beast"
>G2 ends with sets labeled "Beast"

pottery
>>
>>5824392
My heart weeps, but my wallet breathes a sigh of relief.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-29-16-25-04.png (56KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-29-16-25-04.png
56KB, 720x1280px
>>5824410
JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>5824419
if anything theyd give out some prototype 3d prints, not actual production pieces
>>
File: =(.jpg (91KB, 500x167px) Image search: [Google]
=(.jpg
91KB, 500x167px
=(((((((((((((((((((((((
>>
>>5821761
If I were a good video editing I would make "Hitler finds out that Bionicle G2 has been cancelled"
>>
>>5824420
>HF lasted 4 years
>Bionicle lasted 2 years

what went wrong?
>>
Thank god, finally.
>>
Time for a Hero Factory reboot methinks.
>>
>>5824387
You know, I wasn't too bothered at first, the line had a decent run. It was nice to see a return, after all.
But after seeing >>5824426, nope. Screw it all. That's a real low blow, Lego. Could have at least sent it off with a bang rather than a whimper. Even another simple Stars-type line would be better than this.
>>
File: 1458731265822.jpg (16KB, 846x164px) Image search: [Google]
1458731265822.jpg
16KB, 846x164px
>>5824387
>>5824392
Nothing of value was lost that day.
>>
>>5824442
can you blame lego for not realeasing a set that most likely wouldnt sell well enough to be worth it?
>>
>>5824442
The whole "no, won't do that :^)" mentality is baffling.
They won't release the instructions for the Onua/Korgot combiner, they won't release the instructions for the Umarak/Onua combiner, they won't release a Makuta set, they won't release the two missing legendary masks and the artbook will probably end up only as a price, too (if at all).
>>
>>5824437
Some idiot(s) apparently had expectations.
>>
>>5824446
It's Makuta, the set people have been hyped for from the start and it would be the final Bionicle set. It would sell better than most G2 sets and wouldn't leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth
>>
>>5824461
People as in kids or people as in you 20+ year old "men"
>>
You know what's also hilarious about all this?
Journey to One's german title was "The Adventure Begins".
>>
File: 1436745563961.png (280KB, 407x453px) Image search: [Google]
1436745563961.png
280KB, 407x453px
>>5824453
>the artbook will probably end up only as a price

I think this is what hurts most. I wanted an artbook so fucking bad. And now I find out there is one, but it's only available for the top percentage of MOCers

I swear to god if it has concept art for what 2017 would have been I'm gonna break down
>>
File: RIP and Tear.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
RIP and Tear.gif
400KB, 488x519px
>>5824387
This is Star Wars' fault.

Those half-assed molded head sets sold better just because of the name alone. LEGO decided to focus on that more and say "fuck it" to Bionicle.

Mark my words, we will not even get an original CCBS IP next year. Just Star Wars.
>>
>>5824437
Star Wars CCBS.
>>
>>5824475
>Mark my words, we will not even get an original CCBS IP next year. Just Star Wars.

In a few years you won't even get any original IPs, period.
Instead all of them will be tie-in sets, with Disney related shit getting the lion's share.
>>
>>5824437
No advertisements
No budget
No shits given from Lego
>>
>>5824387
Wow
>>
Out of curiosity, how are TTV or BZP taking the news? Are they having a meltdown?
>>
>>5824498
Give it a year, Lego will be selling NOTHING but lego minecraft skin packs.
>>
>>5824521
Check for yourself.

http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/bionicle-2016-discussion-topic/15529
>>
>>5824442
Honestly, this is probably what G1's ending would have been like if the Bionicle Team behind it didnt actually care enough about it to beg lego for a final sendoff year.
>>
>>5824524
Holy fuck that design is abysmal.
>>
So what the fuck was the deal with the magazine?
>>
I KNOW
>>
>>5823934
True
>>
>>5824521
TTV's popularity is defiantly gonna take a hit, especially since most of their podcasts rely on Bionicle. BZP will just ship away further from the Bionicle theme as the months pass.
>>
So what's the best parts pack to get discounted before everything is off the shelves?
>>
>>5824527
they probably cared just as much this time. they had to literally beg their higer ups to allow them to make one last, cheap wave for a succesful theme that went on for almost a decade last time around. do you really think they would allow the same for a theme that went on for 2 years, had mediocre sales and had little to no impact at all?
>>
That's all niggas.
>>
>not getting the MoUP at all, not even as a polybag

I saw Bionicle ending this year coming a mile off, but this pisses me off. Now, even if we get the combiner instructions, there's no way to complete Makuta. I guess I could slap on his G1 mask but it's not the same
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw98ARXfcqk
>>
http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/BIONICLEsector01:An_Open_Letter_to_BIONICLE_Fans

>What WILL be made to the public, in a limited quantity of 100, is a fan-favorite request: an Art Book of concepts and illustrations from the series! BS01 will have several copies of this exclusive book to distribute in the future, but fret not, as the files will also be made available as well for the wiki.
>>
>limited quantity of 100

Fuuuck. Just the artbook (bundled with a MoUP) would have been enough to not hurt.
>>
>>5824584
Well at least this is good news.
I will rip my ass out if there is concept for next year tho.
>>
>>5824584
>http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/BIONICLEsector01:An_Open_Letter_to_BIONICLE_Fan

The art was better than the sets for fuck sake

why make it so limited?
>>
>>5824592
>why make it so limited?
>Will be uploaded to the Wiki
>>
>>5824592
because no one but us cares about it
>>
>>5824598
Physically* limited

inb4 print them out u lazy fuck :DD
>>
>>5824603
Print the 2017 concept and ask someone to tattoo it on your ass.
>>
>>5824608
I'll get moup on my right cheek, what's on the left m'lord?
>>
It's funny seeing the TTV boards do the exact same thing BZP did at the end of G1
>>
>>5824556
Wasn't Bionicle the only thing BZPower had going for it? It was trying to turn into a general Lego site between 2010 and 2014 but it was clearly waning before the reboot gave it the boost it needed.
>>
Fuck. I wish petitions worked, at least just to get the MoUP mask released and a larger run for the artbook. I don't even mind not having a Makuta final set, since we could just MOC one... but kind of need that mask for it to be 'complete'.
>>
I just came here after very long time to say... once again.

Good Bye Bionicle
>>
>>5824426
>>5824429
Goddamn it! I mean, building a MOC Makuta isn't too bad, but cock-blocking us with no Mask of Ultimate Power (except maybe as a giveaway) is a really douchey move.
>>
>>5824615
I left Bionicle message boards after 2010 so I don't know. I think they're gonna be okay as a Lego general at least for a couple more years. They have too many committed members for the site to completely die.
>>
File: 1338982606866.jpg (104KB, 846x960px) Image search: [Google]
1338982606866.jpg
104KB, 846x960px
Fucking hell, I didn't think it would hurt so much the second time
>>
>>5824387
I'm going to kill myself.

I'm sitting in the exact same spot I was when the line was announced.
I remember opening the leaked pic and being so excited.
As quickly as it began, it ended.

I'm going to kill myself.
>>
>>5824623
Really, I'm not as hurt, because they didn't do much with it.
>>
>>5824626
For what its worth, I liked the set and I'm really bummed we aren't even getting a final wave.
>>
>>5824625
I am autistically attached to this fucking toyline too but maybe you should seek help.
>>
I hope all those sets get bargain-binned so those of us who wanted to collect them/get some CCBS parts can scrouge it all up.
>>
So who wants to give me a summary of the last two episodes of Journey to One? I don't have Netflix because I'm poor.

I did hear that there was a mention of [spoiler]a Toa of Light[/spoiler], but I would like to know in what context.
>>
>>5824634
Exact same.

I haven't bought any of this year's sets, which are the better ones?
>>
>>5824634
Hey, I found Uniter-Gali for 50% off earlier today but didn't pick her up.

The same store also had two Master-Lewa for 10€ for whatever reason
>>
File: 1425254044387.gif (3MB, 245x263px)
1425254044387.gif
3MB, 245x263px
>>5824626
>>5824629
This. I thought the sets were really quite neat. They had an issue with forcing in gold, silver, and trans colours into every set but for the record they were actually pretty well designed and inventive in some areas. I mean, they merged CCBS posing with gear play functions. How can we not applaud them for that?

I may not have thought much of the story but I always held out hope that it'd get better. Plus there's just something about knowing Bionicle of all things is ending again that makes it hurt no matter what the quality was.
>>
>>5824498
It really isn't the fact that Bionicle got cancelled but that they axed one of their own IPs and Mixels also shows signs of ending next year, with the sets not appearing in normal retail stores in certain countries.
Meanwhile, Dimensions is pretty much turning into something extremely worrysome with the ridiculous amount of licenses announced, with some people fearing it'll turn into a testbed for even more licensed themes.
>>
I think I'm done with Lego outside of licenses. The company is ran by hypocritical, out-of-touch old bastards who think worthwhile stories are a detriment, while they sit back and soak up profits from merchandising properties that are wildly popular BECAUSE of their stories.

They could've had a prized pooch, but they starved it to death because they were so goddamned afraid it would get fat.

>>5824270
Have fun with that being cancelled next year.
>>
>>5824642
>Mixels and Bionicle end
>They morph into one
>>
>>5824640
The gold wasn't always too bad: I actually liked it on Onua alongside the purple. Ekimu was a cool original character for the G2 story and his trans-blue and gold color scheme looking absolutely gorgeous, almost heavenly. It was clear he was meant to be the 'Mata Nui' to Makuta and his beautiful design and color scheme absolutely sold me on his set even as a Protector.

Tahu had a bit more gold and Kopaka's uniter form could have used better placement of the gold. Finally, getting golden mask in each set was a real boon, as anyone who was there in G1 can recall.
>>
So would it be possible for someone to make a 3D printed MoUP, then?
>>
>>5824645
>getting golden mask in each set was a real boon
Seriously. This was probably the best thing G2 did.

Hell, I only completed my collection of G1 golden Kanohi this year.
>>
>>5824521
Not visiting BZP at all but the members of TTV haven't really said anything beyond "Oh well, just watch our next podcast for our reaction" and one of their forum moderators was legitimately happy G2 ended so take that how you will.
>>
File: bonkletim.jpg (33KB, 590x421px)
bonkletim.jpg
33KB, 590x421px
"bionicle's been cancelled"
>>
>>5824648
Back when I was a kid, I'd take those double (or triple) of masks or those of color I didn't like and hand it over to my mom, who had gold paint (she liked paining as a hobby). So I did have Golden Kanohi, just not real ones.
>>
>>5824637
Episode 3 is really simple. Umarak gets turned into the Destroyer and it's never made clear if he did it willingly or if Makuta controlled him. He summons the beasts which are transformed traps, and uses them to destroy the city of the Mask Makers in aid of distracting the Toa while Umarak goes and collects the pieces of the Mask of Ultimate Power from off-screen (which was apparently really easy since he traipsed all over Okoto and collected everything in the space of about five minutes). The episode is basically an elongated fight scene with clumsy animation and awkward dialogue. At some point Ekimu goes Toa mode, with no attempt at justifying why it was so easy and why he hadn't done it before.

Episode 4 is a little more complicated. The Toa race to stop Umarak from reviving Makuta who was apparently hit so hard by Ekimu that he got knocked across universes and ended up in Yu-Gi-Ohs shadow realm. He spends his time duelling Yami Marik and those zombie guys.

The Toa fight Umarak for a bit, Lewa calls him huge and Umarak says "For you". At some point Gali gets sucked into the shadow realm which has the original city Ekimu and Makuta lived in. She finds a prophecy there and discovers that Ekimu has actually been kind of manipulating them so that everything comes to pass exactly as it's meant to. Meanwhile Umarak finishes summoning Makuta, but doesn't realise that he was the final piece in the ritual and gets sacrificed.

Gali escapes from the shadow realm through the portal and reveals to the other Toa that they don't get the elements from the planet but the planet gets the elements from them? Apparently they are the elements embodied or something like that. They then sacrifice themselves to stream their energy at Makuta LoMN-style and return to the stars. The story ends with the Protector of Ice telling the tale to a bunch of Okotans and ends the series with the words "For that is the legend of the Bionicle."
>>
apology for poor english

where were you when bionicle dies?

i was sat at home watching journey too one when greg called

"bionicle is kill"

"no"
>>
>>5824637
>>5824658
Also Ekimu reveals that Agil, his hawk, is the creature of light. Gali comments that it would logically mean that Ekimu was in fact the Toa of Light.

Ekimu laughs and says that she's wrong and that he's just an old mask maker trying to help out. Because fuck knows there'd be a riot if he took Takanuva's place.
>>
>>5824658
Is this ending better or worse than Journey's End?
>>
>>5824658
Shit, so we aren't getting a third year, just a half-assed conclusion.
>>
>>5824667
And not even a final Makuta set with MoUP. No, those 2 things are not important to the story at all so why release it as a set amirite?
>>
>>5824643
This is honestly a really good point.

Despite licenses being lucrative right now, I kind of feel like this is the beginning of another period where Lego is not profitable.

Right now it looks like licensing is the most profitable direction for Lego, but every license expires eventually, and every license becomes stale to the fans of the product (arguably besides star wars). We've seen tons of license runs and they all end up not making money, and needing to end. Now look at Ninjago. An original IP that's been able to sustain itself inevitably, based on it's "evergreen" status. Simply because they did it right.

I don't think dimensions is very profitable, yet they keep shelling out money for all these different licenses. How long before people say "Lego____..... who cares?"

The reason Lego has been wildly successful in the past is due to experimentation and ingenuity. If they abandon this and rely solely on licenses, eventually every licenses will run dry and then what will they be left with? Lego Star Wars?

After this series of movies is released, interest in star wars will likely settle down and sales will drop with that too.
>>
>When all you got to keep is strong
>Move along, move along like I know you do
>And even when your hope is gone
>Move along, move along just to make it through
>Move along
>Move along
>>
>>5824667
I think if Journey to One was better written and directed it might have been better. But honestly everything felt really flat and inconsequential so I couldn't feel emotionally involved with anything. The scene where they sacrificed themselves to seal Makuta didn't feel climactic, it just kind of happened. It had half the drama of the Toa seal scene in LoMN which is fascinating for something with twice the stakes.
>>
File: mistake.png (106KB, 537x416px)
mistake.png
106KB, 537x416px
>>
>>5824669
>every license becomes stale to the fans of the product (arguably besides star wars)

And Batman. Women love the car.
>>
>>5824673
The problem is that everything felt rushed and by the numbers. There was no sense of mystery, no sense of exploration, no sense of development. You get a hint of stuff (like the Maze or the City in the Shadow Zone) but everything is resolved quickly.

The Webisodes were just as bad. "Go find the golden masks, oh you found them already. Well, go beat LOSS- that was easy. Don't even bother showing the battle between Skull Basher. And that final boss, Skull Grinder? Ekimu will KO him in 30 seconds, don't you worry."
>>
So is anyone even remotely interested in the upcoming Star Wars figs? Unless leak season gives us a new theme, that's basically the only thing on the horizon.
>>
>>5824663
God damn it if the line had continued for two more years we could've gotten a story where the Toa were trying to find the masks of Light and Shadow. Now I'm sad.
>>
I really hope they show us what was planned for the line if it had continued past 2 years.
>>
>>5824687
They look really, really bad and that's saying something. Like, I thought there was a rule that the Star Wars sets would range from average (Jango Fett) to pretty great (General Grievous). But from what I've seen, the Rogue One sets are all seriously hideous.
>>
>>5821761
Feels like only yesterday we first got the leaked images... How did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>5824710
Its been sadly wrong since day one, because Lego half-assed this theme because they were sure it wouldn't make as much money as their Star Wars license so they didn't bother expanding it and giving it proper promotion, relying solely on its nostalgia (forgetting that many Bionicle oldschooler LOATHE the CCBS system) and then being surprised that an unadvertised Lego theme fail.
>>
>>5822793
Guess not then
>>
>>5824687
Only as part packs.
>>
>>5824722
>forgetting that many Bionicle oldschooler LOATHE the CCBS system

In fairness it's not Lego's fault that certain individuals can't tolerate change no matter how positive it might be. And this is actual progression, not half assing it like the rest of the series.

If only they'd introduced a few new molds like the uniter piece rather than relying on the same armour shells in a limited range of colours for every single set.
>>
>>5824726
They totally tried that with the new crystal-piece and everyone hated it too.
>>
>>5824687
The droid looks alright, but as we knew already, robots look good in CCBS.
>>
>>5824727
>They totally tried that with the new crystal-piece and everyone hated it too.
Since when?
>>
>>5824726
>If only they'd introduced a few new molds like the uniter piece rather than relying on the same armour shells in a limited range of colours for every single set.
Agreed. CCSB is IMO a good system but I think it would be greatly improved if it had more shapes to the 'generic' shell pieces rather than the same oval-square-whatever thing which come in various size. More rounded or square shell would really help vary the look while still being reusable for future lines.
>>
>>5824726
If the CCBS was introduced with muh genwun, everyone would praise and love it.
>>
File: 1452762964538.gif (181KB, 405x414px)
1452762964538.gif
181KB, 405x414px
>>5824387
Pic related with a couple of tears mixed in.

This is star wars's fault, fuck star wars.
>>
>>5824738
>This is star wars's fault, fuck star wars.
And the movies aren't even good. Jar-Jar Abrams is a hack.
>>
>>5824726
The fans are not at fault for Bionicle being canceled prematurely, in fact we're probably the only reason they gave us the courtesy to announce it was ending.

Because no matter how much money we as fans pour into the IP, at the end of the day the biggest portion of sales will still be from kids and casuals.
For whatever reason kids didn't like Bionicle enough for Lego to deem it profitable, so they shitcanned it.
>>
>>5824738
It's not Star Wars, it's due to licensed series in General which outweight Lego's own themes by now.
Lego isn't its own thing anymore, it's a byproduct to other things.
>>
>>5824743
Oh I never meant to imply the fans were at fault for Bionicle's cancellation. I was just responding to that guy's assertion that nostalgia somehow meant nobody could accept CCBS. If anything, that was the best thing G2 added to Bionicle and it's just a pity that wasn't enough to get the sales up.

Maybe for G3, they might try it with better marketing. If we ever get a G3.
>>
>>5824743
If it had a cartoon from day one it might have worked out better. Instead they made a mini-serie, which is Netflix only to END it.
>>
>>5824468
20+ year old quirky interns who work for apple and enjoy cameos such as kasem g in transformers referencing a beloved childrens show bzp dedicates a general for ;)
>>
>>5824259
I want an Exo-Force reboot that's just a full-on mecha franchise.
>>
>>5824759
>I want an Invasion from Below line that uses actual yellow-headed minifigures, anime style optional
I agree with you, anon.
>>
File: 1344806122736.jpg (50KB, 439x434px)
1344806122736.jpg
50KB, 439x434px
>>5824759
If only

>Lego actually commissions a full 12 episode anime to run alongside the toys
>Features the original characters against Mecha One, except with even more bombastic action and setpieces
>Even more crazy hair pieces

A man can dream
>>
>>5824771
Watch the fourth episode in the spooky ghost season of ninjago. All the ninjas pilot a mech
>>
>>5824771
Maybe Lego should just sell their dead original IPs to some company that's actually willing to utilize their full potential and then license them back for toys.
>>
File: Mask Makers.jpg (862KB, 2585x1737px) Image search: [Google]
Mask Makers.jpg
862KB, 2585x1737px
Boy, am I glad I became a heretic.
>>
>>5824783
You do it. Im gonna sit here and cry about evil lego taking away my waifu
>>
>>5824647
i probably will, might take some time to get it to fit properly though.
>>
Just felt I wanted to give my 2 cents on the cancellation. Although I knew it would only last 3 years it still hurts to know its ending so abruptly. Sure there wasn't much to the story, but I was really hyped for the final showdown with makuta and getting a g2 makuta. I was hoping that the g1-g2 connection would be a thing in the end and somehow connect with the vahi. I'm really mad about all of this and just can't believe lego couldn't stick with their 3 year plan. I really don't want them to ever bring back Bionicle just to run it through the mud again. I'm hurt guys and I'm glad I'm not the only one. G2 wasn't stellar, but it had some cool set designs and to me was just starting to kick off this year. Thanks for making the last 2 years bring some of those old memories back I appreciate it guys.
>>
>>5824387
Whatever.

The line was fucking overpriced garbage anyway. Lego didn't want to put any effort into creating decent viral marketing or anything to entice newcomers.

Bionicle died in 2009 as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>5824838
>overpriced garbage
In what regard? At least here they were among the cheapest Lego sets in general.
>>
>>5824838
>"overpriced garbage"
Are you sure you're not talking about the Star Wars CCBS sets?
>>
i wonder how the bionicle team at lego feels about this. must be really frustrating to see the line youve been working on for years get canned in favor of the million licensed themes they have running.
>>
>>5824855
They probably feel the same as Chima-team felt last year.

"Oh well, time to work for some new things"
>>
You know, why don't we post some MOCs? Might help us deal with the cancellation.
>>
File: deeesspee.jpg (12KB, 193x270px)
deeesspee.jpg
12KB, 193x270px
>Bring back a beloved but rather niche toy line
>Scrap all the lore and canon
>Simplify it beyond belief
>Make boring ass CCBS
>No cool titans which take advantage of technic parts
>Make shitty canadian flash animated shorts with horrendous voice acting instead of cool atmospheric CG shorts
>Discontinue the line after 2 years, compared to G1's 11.
JUST
>>
>>5824869
The cartoon was so shitty it was almost comedy.
>>
>Too expensive main characters, not impulse buys
>Impulse buys are copypaste humanoids or small creatures
>Villains underwhelming compared to heroes
>Overly busy design more filled than Hero Factory but not as "coherent"
>retarded design choices (beast heads)
>unnecessary forced pandering to G1 crybabies which resulted as the Unity chest and beasts overly busy technic design
>>
File: end.png (56KB, 498x691px)
end.png
56KB, 498x691px
>>5824010
>>
>>5824891
So pandering is good only when you like it?
>>
File: image.jpg (81KB, 750x867px)
image.jpg
81KB, 750x867px
welp back to the grave boys, it's been fun but we gotta head back to where we belong
>>
>>5824666
FUCKING WORSE! At least Journey's End had a badass mecha fight.
>>
apology for poor english

where were u when bonkle dies?

i was sat at home maeking makooti MOC when fasebuuk rnig

‘bionie is kill’

‘no’"
>>
>Umarak mask in the Ekimu set has no significance
>>
>>5824844
As in, size of sets (not piece count) dictated price, and the designs were honestly pretty shitty. Variance in set size meant you couldn't team build affordably, and the best pieces of the line weren't distributed properly.
>>
>>5824924
None of the extra summer masks have.
>>
>>5824658
>For you

Did this actually happen?
>>
>>5824939
The fuck do you think? No, it did not happen.
>>
File: 1465230708511.gif (2MB, 210x155px)
1465230708511.gif
2MB, 210x155px
All I feel is anger and emptiness. Not even a Makuta set, just kick the shit outta me while I'm down.
>>
>>5824952
>>5824939
Well, he did say "for you". It just wasn't in response to Lewa calling him huge.
>>
File: fascinating.jpg (22KB, 332x500px) Image search: [Google]
fascinating.jpg
22KB, 332x500px
>>5824891
so... there's no new sets at the end of the year?
>>
File: 1468329589056.jpg (163KB, 678x1080px)
1468329589056.jpg
163KB, 678x1080px
>we never got the Rahkshi G2
>>
>>5824973
Well don't that take the biscuit.
>>
>>5824972
Only thing to look forward to is the concept art being uploaded on BS01 at some point.
>>
>>5824973
Good. Rahkshi were pretty boring.
>>
File: batmanrage.png (368KB, 324x534px) Image search: [Google]
batmanrage.png
368KB, 324x534px
what the fuck, really?

meanwhile trash like Ninjago marches on
>>
So where do we go now to talk about anything bionicle besides bzp and ttv?
>>
>>5824987
Well, that "trash" outsold G2, so I don't think it's that bad :^)
>>
Somebody tell SuddenlyOranges.
>>
>>5824908
>where were u when bonkle dies?
Same place I was the last time it did that, same place I was when it came back.

Although each time I think I was sitting on a different chair.
>>
>>5824989
Why would we need to go anywhere? You can still have threads discussing a line after it's been cancelled, not to mention that this is also the CCBS general anyway.
>>
>>5824989
We let this die until a new ccbs theme comes around.
>>
>>5824996
Please do this
>>
>Protector-sized Ekimu
>just woke up barely an hour ago
>1HKO big skeleton man with a hammer he pieced together from memory
>proceeds to abuse loopholes to take down the same skeleton man a couple of months later

>Toa-Sized Ekimu
>oh yeah, I'm old
>I know, I'll use this set of armor that I haven't used in literally a thousand years to fight these brittle as fuck rock monsters
>by the way, did I mention I'm old?
How did Ekimu get nerfed so hard he needed to act his age and required a polybag to turn the tide?
>>
So the leaks will probably have the new CCBS-line, right?
>>
When will armchair commit suicide?
>>
>>5825027
If there will be one.
>>
>>5825027
It'll most likely be just Star Wars shit. Or some other licensed CCBS figures.

>InB4 Minecraft Mob figures
>>
>>5825027
I don't think we'll get a new CCBS line before 2018.
>>
The cancellation confirms that just2good faggot is full of shit
>>
File: panic.png (162KB, 297x314px)
panic.png
162KB, 297x314px
>>5825024
why does someone always see the posts I delete

Anyway, I'm definitely making trans-blue gali masks now, and whatever else that's rare that I can duplicate.
>>
>>5825035
>Minecraft Mob
Honestly, as a parts-pack they wouldn't be terrible.

Green and purple (thanks doc) are still relatively uncommon colors on CCBS
>>
>>5825027
The decision to cancel it came quite recently. There's no time to design one. Will have to wait till next summer.
>>
>>5824792
I can get you the measurements for the masks if you'd like?
>>
>>5825038
He never said anything about Bonkle.
>>
>>5825035
>hey guys
>hey
>let's take these blocky shaped characters
>yeah?
>and make them in a system which features no block shapes whatsoever

I imagine lego might be retarded enough to try this
>>
>>5825047
last thread he had a list of sets for 2017 like ekimu vs maktua and new forms of the toa
>>
>>5825047
he came here and made an obvious shitpost but that was it
>>
>>5825050
>the only successful one is the Skeleton
>>
>>5825051
>he thinks that it was real J2G
>>
>>5825051
>>5825052
>real people shitposting on 4chan
Why I would never :^)
>>
>>5825037
>yfw Lego reboots slizers for 2018
>>
>shitty story
>shitty lore
>low bugdet
>shitty sets

HMM I WONDER WHY IT GOT CANCELLED
>>
File: 1469502982903.jpg (86KB, 849x475px) Image search: [Google]
1469502982903.jpg
86KB, 849x475px
>>5825067
Yes please.
>>
>>5825068
>it took anon 2 years to finally put the pieces together
Good for you, I saw it coming from the first leaks :)
>>
>>5825045
measurements for the head part with the eye stalk in it would actually be more useful, but i can do that myself if its too much of a hassle for you
>>
Haven't been here in a while but wanna share my condolences. The only good thing I can see in the end is that my reboot collection will never be not full assuming I can get the last four sets of summer wave I don't have and the accessory pack.

Did they ever release the little phoenix thing? I know that the mini scorpio was actually sent out, and if someone has a parts list of both I'd appreciate it.

Also did Mask Maker Anon ever make his bricklink store with the Trans Blue Gali Masks?
>>
File: this isn't good at all.jpg (22KB, 418x250px) Image search: [Google]
this isn't good at all.jpg
22KB, 418x250px
I'm so sick of this. First it was MGSV, now Bionicle. I am meant to live a life of phantom pains.

You feel it too, don't you?
>>
>>5825080
Falcon is supposed to be in the next issue of the magazine.

But it's not like the parts are rare or anything
>>
File: Skulllord.png (117KB, 744x992px)
Skulllord.png
117KB, 744x992px
>>5825068
>NOW THAT IT'S OVER, I CAN FINALLY STOP BEING OVERLY OPTIMISTIC AND START SHITTING ON IT!
Nigger, people have been shitting on G2 for all of those reasons and more since day fucking 1. Keep up.
>>
File: 2016-06-04 17.24.47.png (460KB, 1185x909px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-04 17.24.47.png
460KB, 1185x909px
>>5825083
And here's the other one
>>
>best case scenario

Lego lets the theme lie for a year or two like they did to Ninjago, and then continues G2 with a group of villagers that set out to summon the Toa back from the stars. This includes better worldbuilding, and Okoto Online Game. While Bionicle is out, a new theme takes its place so that LEGO has a bigger piece library for when it comes back

>worst case scenario

Lego sells the Bionicle licence to Mega Blocks and replaces it with new Ben 10 figures
>>
>>5825080
Mask maker here, it isn't up yet. I admit I've been kind of dragging my feet a little. Will try to have it up in the next week - I'll make an announcement when it is ready.
>>
welp, looks like i can finally stop giving lego my money

wake me up if we ever get another original IP constraction theme
>>
>>5825067
>Slizers with an actual coherent plot
I think I'd buy that.
>>
So. since Bionicle is fucking dead. I had an idea.

why don't we just...iunno. try to make our own 2017 wave, whether through LDD or MOCing...

it'd be a decent enough challenge to balance Aesthetic with Price Point.

6 $10, 4 $15, 2 $20, 1 $25.
>>
>>5825088
I can't actually seem to be able to find a picture of it assembled, do you have that one as well?
>>
>>5825067
> Revamped CCBS Slizers
LET'S DO IT
>>
>>
>>5825103
>>
>>5825109
well screw asians ahyuck ahyuck
t. the lego company
>>
>>5825100
Someone mentioned last thread that it might be a good idea to have regular building challenges like the Lego general. Definitely worth considering now that we won't have anything official coming in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>5825109
>the ending of which, will put an end to any speculation
It really didn't. The few hours between release and the actual announcement were already filled with nothing but speculation and wishful thinking.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 348x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 348x281px
>>5825067
yes please
>>
File: irVfIYF.jpg (329KB, 600x875px) Image search: [Google]
irVfIYF.jpg
329KB, 600x875px
hahaha fuck
>>
>>5825089
>Lego sells the Bionicle licence to Mega Blocks
At least Mega Bloks would give us kanohi blindbags
>>
Guys, does mega blocks have bigger construction figures line? Is it cool? I want to move to another thing since BIONICLE's dead.
>>
>>5825130
it's shit
>>
Maybe I'll move on to gunpla full time now. I'm gonna miss bionicle too much though since it was such a huge part of my childhood.
>>
>>5825135
That actually looks cool
>>
>>5825135
what's the story?
>>
File: budget.png (8KB, 485x214px)
budget.png
8KB, 485x214px
>>
>>5825135
how much do these guys go for?
>>
>>5825091
When you do decide to get around to the trans blue gali masks can you take in orders for a month or so? I don't want to miss out in case I don't check the thread.

Also anyone here going to contact lego to rant or ask for the MoUP to be released? I'm surprised they went through the trouble of making the mold for it, only to release it as a prize.
>>
>>5825154
12 bucks.
>>
>>5824387
Honestly? I'm glad. I've been more interested in Lego Star Wars lately and now I don't have to keep buying Bionicle sets out of a sense of loyalty. At least they tried.
>>
>>5825163
Errr might take a miss on that, six and I'd consider.

Does anyone remember those magnetic robot toys they sold in and around 2007? I think they might have been mega blox, but they looked like BIonicles and each limb was fit by a magnet, so were very loose.
>>
>>5825068
>Shitty sets
Be fair. Some of them were actually pretty good.
>>
Wow, talk about mixed feelings. I'm relieved they're putting it back in the coffin, but it seems so abrupt.
>>
File: 1466647103813.png (177KB, 524x452px)
1466647103813.png
177KB, 524x452px
>2017 leaks come through
>New CCBS line
>LEGO OVERWATCH!

Post yfw
>>
>>5825184
>Some
More like most of them.
>>
File: [].jpg (17KB, 250x250px)
[].jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>5825190
>>
File: 1395790050876.png (748KB, 1236x684px) Image search: [Google]
1395790050876.png
748KB, 1236x684px
>>5825109
>I choose defeat
>I walk away
>And leave this place
>The same today
>>
>>5825116

I had an idea for "stop motion comics." Since it's a comic you can use text instead of voice acting, and I think the stop motion aspect would take less effort than usual since you'd only have to animate actions in panels but not everything in between.

It would require a lot of effort and initial investment, since good stop motion programs/setups cost a fair bit of money. One would also need a small green screen setup. Besides that, there are tons of tutorials on youtube.

Given what just happened though I don't think anyone will want to invest time into something like that.
>>
Shapeways better fucking deliver a MoUP. And someone else better fucking figure out how to build JTO Makuta.
>>
>>5825203
Didn't they make building instructions for those they showed in the contest video? It's the least they could do after being such cock teases.
>>
>>5825206
No and they wont (they said it themselves). Your best hope is to have Dorek reverse-engineer it.
>>
>>5825215
I hope he gives it more tasteful proportions
>>
>>5825215
Fuck....Are they this much a dick on purpose or just some of them forcing the rest of the team? They have to see that this is an awful move and very disrespectful towards the faithful fans.
>>
File: 1369328667216.jpg (93KB, 944x712px) Image search: [Google]
1369328667216.jpg
93KB, 944x712px
>"And in the name of those elements, we banish you to the realm of shadows!"
>"As we return to the stars!"

To the starsh, Ekimu... To the starsh!
https://youtu.be/kaFl_s_chAw?t=1m10s
>>
>>5825224
beats me
They never released the Korgot and Onua combiner instructions from the game, either and they outright said that they wouldn't release the instructions of Umarak's Shadow Spawn.
>>
File: makuutijto.png (23KB, 1461x161px) Image search: [Google]
makuutijto.png
23KB, 1461x161px
>>5825215
>>
>>5825232
Literally why, they're being cunts for no reason, they have the instructions make them available
>>
>>5825162
they didnt make a mold though, only a 3d printed prototype
>>
>>5825249
Aren't they giving out 3 of the masks to winners though?
>>
>>5825190
i wouldnt mind getting a sort of hero type line up of figures with varying abilities and outfits. i mean shit reinhardt already looks like a bionicle.
>>
>>5825252
nope, artbooks and sets that have already been released.
>>
With BIONICLE G2 concluded doesn't this mean that Greg can finally continue the fucking serials?
>>
>>5825261
Nope, he couldnt do them at one point because no time and no reason to, and when G2 went in the works he lost all permission to make such things.

Its very likely we will never get any new bionicle content again.
>>
>>5825261
Greg gave up on finishing those serials years ago. They're never going to happen. The G1 story will remain forever an unfinished clusterfuck.
>>
>>5825172
I think they were called MagWarriors or some shit like that.
>>
It hurts so bad /biog/

black and white image leaks seem like they were just yesterday

now it's dead again
>>
>>5825252
no, they couldnt even legally do that because the prototype contains "toxic substances" (namely golden spray paint). same reason the golden mask winners didnt receive the 3d printed mask stands.
>>
>>5825272
They were a bit more bare bones, might check tipofmytongue

thanks anyways, i remember getting one of those from a chairity shop when i was younger.
>>
File: among_leafs_don't_expect_relief.png (1MB, 1920x1044px) Image search: [Google]
among_leafs_don't_expect_relief.png
1MB, 1920x1044px
>>5824869
>Make shitty canadian flash animated shorts

This is why the line was doomed from the start
>>
>>5825282
They have the capability to make a mold of the 3d printed masks though.
>>
>>5825286
It wasn't enough for Canada to crash their own country.

We /pol/ now
>>
File: 1423662359135.jpg (46KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1423662359135.jpg
46KB, 500x373px
>>5825279
I still remember the day the leaks came out

I went out drinking with a friend. While there I actually admitted in a half-drunken state that I was still a little torn up inside about Bionicle cancelling and my dreams were constantly about going into stores and finding the sets I never bought. I got that off my chest to him, then as soon as we left and went back to chill at his house I checked my phone and saw the leaks being posted on Facebook. It seemed so unreal and so unbelievably well timed that it was almost impossible.

Fuck, now that Bionicle is over again does that mean the dreams are going to come back?
>>
>We don't even get our third year.
What the fuck, LEGO? We had a deal?
>>
>>5825038
>>5825051
Why are you so retarded
>>
File: kaz.png (1MB, 1051x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kaz.png
1MB, 1051x1080px
>>5825293

Lego sent us to hell, but we're going even deeper...
>>
File: it fucking hurts.jpg (10KB, 640x634px) Image search: [Google]
it fucking hurts.jpg
10KB, 640x634px
why don't LEGO want us, man?
I… I just wanted something with great lore and an engaging story like G1. I don't care too much about the goodness of the sets, I just wanted a comfy, beautiful world I could immerse myself in. There was so much mystery and beauty to be found 2001-2006. Even the darkest places had these characters you could love, and the backstory was practically infinitely deep and mind-blowing. It didn't fall into any of the dumber trappings of toy storylines, and when they did, it was justified, and never hurt the character development or overall storyline. Even when they went to Bara Magna in 2009, I didn't mind too much, because we actually got to see Mata Nui develop as a person (even if it meant the enslavement and repression of the goddamn hero the Mask of Life was), and the eternal desert with primarily biological life wasn't a place we'd been before. I just… I'm so goddamn sad about this whole thing. G2 had potential and squandered it, and then LEGO takes it out back and shoots its fucking brains out with no mercy or sendoff hurrah.

Fuck.
>>
File: 1467490228256.png (729KB, 624x608px) Image search: [Google]
1467490228256.png
729KB, 624x608px
>>5825289
I bet the jews did this
>>
>>5825305
>I just wanted a comfy, beautiful world I could immerse myself in

Read a book, not a toyline aimed at 6-14 year olds.
>>
File: rand-paul-sad-e1428440404842.jpg (29KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
rand-paul-sad-e1428440404842.jpg
29KB, 640x320px
God lego why?! Not only do you cut us a year short, but then you wont even give us Makuta?

It just hurts so much.
>>
>>5825239
Thank fuck for that at least. Dorek is the best.
>>
So by the line ending at the end of 2016, does that mean we don't get even one more wave?
What is in stores now is all we get?
>>
File: 1464689642664.jpg (130KB, 832x690px)
1464689642664.jpg
130KB, 832x690px
>>5825305
>I just wanted a comfy, beautiful world I could immerse myself in

Now it's time for real life, with the real cool mythos - Christianity
>>
>>5825319
Yep, no winter bonkle wave, no Makuta titan set we were teased, no Mask of Ultimate Power either.
>>
>>5825310
They'll probably just release a combiner and say "Here's your Makuta".
>>
>>5825308
Is there a book which features a world as unique and endlessly creative as BIONICLE? Come on, the Matoran/Toa/Turaga are such a goddamn unique species. There IS nothing else which captures my emotions in the same way BIONICLE did, and still does, to an extent. I'm talking about the physical impossibilities, the heroism, the rapport that the teams had, the goddamn SCOPE of the whole thing. BIONICLE is more ambitious than most stories I've ever read, and it's not just because of the story itself; it's because of the way it's told. The serials, the comics, the tv spots, the books, all combine into a mega-story which is better than any of its individual parts.

Don't dance around words and give me stereotypical 4chan pessimism, anon. We're all in /biog/ together. BIONICLE brought us all together, and we all share a common love for it, if not for all the same reasons.
>>
>>
File: FUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOU.png (142KB, 435x345px) Image search: [Google]
FUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOU.png
142KB, 435x345px
>>5825320
>according to prophesy stuff my dad follows the world is on the verge of being ruined and everyone being enslaved by globalist scum/satan

yeah, real cool
>>
>>5825287
wouldnt really be worth it for such a limited release
>>
someone needs to submit a makuta with a giant purple cock
>>
File: 1461828179017.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px)
1461828179017.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>5825338
>>
>>5825340
only in Russia where the true bionicle fans are
>>
File: black-piraka-1.jpg (277KB, 1360x768px)
black-piraka-1.jpg
277KB, 1360x768px
>>5825324
>mfw
>>
>>5825344
I never said I believed it
>>
>>5825333

I know I'm backpedaling, but you're right. I can't think of anything that had designs and concepts as unique as Bionicle had.

You're right, and I'm not just saying that. I can easily think how the average Matoran lived in Po-Koro, as from the movies.

I had no clue how everyone lived in Okoto, they didn't even have a sport as far as I can tell.
>>
>>5825333
this is something id like to know too. there hasnt been any sort of media that had a world that was as unique to me as bionicle
>>
>>5825348
There was Hammer Flush but nothing much was mentioned about it.
>>
>>5825344
I like how the cards are in shit condition too.
>>
>>5825348
In episode 3 when we were meant to be all sad because the beasts destroyed that jungle village, the scene was ruined for me because all I could think was "Who the fuck are these people? Where is this village? Is this the main jungle village? Are there different ones? Did Lewa know these people or is he just sad because they wear the same colour armour as him?"

The lack of world building in 2015 was truly atrocious and I'd put the blame of G2's failure solely on that. There was no effort made to invest kids in the world of Okoto. If they wanted kids to make their own stories, they need to give them at least something to work with. Otherwise who cares?
>>
>>5825333
What is weird to me is that Bionicle is most known for it's lore and unique world and yet the G2 rendition barely had any of that. I mean it certainly had potential seeing as to how they were attempting to create the "mythical" roots, but the way LEGO pitched the series felt really off.

I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO intentionally stunted the development of the world (or even the toys themselves) out of a concern that the kids would think it was too complicated. Which is hilarious considering the complexity and uniqueness is what got me into Bionicle when I was younger.
>>
File: 1430615333853.png (491KB, 887x680px) Image search: [Google]
1430615333853.png
491KB, 887x680px
good riddance tohungas
>>
>>5825355
Honestly I've still to see episode 3, I haven't payed any notion to Bionicle since Christmas, I just wanted to see the end.

It's like they've only answered the fundamentals of who? what? why? where? etc but no depth. The book I read on the 2015 series, I regret buying, it is literally the script of the show.
>>
>>5825344
enjoy your 3 day vacation
>>
File: 1415237263835.png (538KB, 702x540px) Image search: [Google]
1415237263835.png
538KB, 702x540px
oh boy I can't wait to see people lash out in cringeworthy rage again
>>
System did this
>>
>>5825374
Why?
>>
File: LIME IS AT IT AGAIN.png (241KB, 1075x902px) Image search: [Google]
LIME IS AT IT AGAIN.png
241KB, 1075x902px
>>
>>5825359
When I was younger I had no clue that there was a proper story. I still felt really inspired by the small comics the instructions had came with.

It can't be only nostalgia as the reason G2 wasn't as good, I mean, how long it had run outright proves it wasn't.

Good night anyways, I've lost a couple hours of sleep and don't want to lose much more.
>>
>>5825380
>>>5825390
>>
>>5825348
>backpedaling
It's fine, anon. Backpedaling being a negative thing is just a way for grumpy assholes to feel better about them never changing their opinion or admitting they're wrong.
>how the average Matoran lived
It's something G2 missed HARD. I had no idea what day-to-day life was like for ANYONE in the story. At all. I need to finish the Netflix series, but so for nothing in any of the G2 media has been anything but "uh, we have to save Okoto from the spiders/spoopies/hunter dude", which is just boring shlock nobody cares about.

>>5825349
There are some other stories out there which capture specific emotions that BIONICLE had. Kill Six Billion Demons is great if you love the cosmic scale of BIONICLE's backstory, and the art of 2006-2007 (because let's face it, that art was amazing). I know I'm going to get fucking crucified for mentioning this, but fuck it. MLP:FiM captures the rapport the Toa Mata shared with each other in 2003+, albeit with less fighting. But I haven't found any world in any other form of media quite like BIONICLE's, and it's genuinely hard to find much which doesn't have humans in it at all.

>>5825359
See, G2 captures what execs thought BIONICLE was about: myth and legend. Partially, yes, BIONICLE was about myth and legend, but that's not all. We didn't get ANY detail of how G2's Okoto actually functions, we just know it's under threat from a satan analogue. We then get the jesus analogue rising from the dead and fighting the good fight with our heroes, but we never get anything past that. It's just badguys being bad at people we don't care about in a world which only functions as a way to tell a story which is so flimsy as to pretty much only sell toys.

There's no mini-stories like the serials. There's no background characters like Ahkmou. There's no imposing threats like Karzahni. There's literally nothing outside of Okoto, despite the CONSTANT hints of a bigger picture in 2001-2003. I'm out of room, but god. I miss G1.
>>
>>5825387
gr15

unless, of course, the mods here are less autistically fanatical than in other boards about it

/co/ hands out 3 day bans to anyone who so much as breathes "that one show we can't talk about," and so does pretty much every other board I frequent
[spoiler]except of course /mlp/[/spoiler]
>>
>>5825380
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeOdZXmJ8nE
>>
>>5825404
I'm not posting le 2010 horse show, I'm calling the guy I replied to a fedora. It's a reaction image you autist.
>>
>>5825399
>some other stories
Oh yeah, I forgot. Warframe is a grindy piece of shit F2P game but it's also probably the best at capturing the feeling of being a Toa (granted that you only play the elemental 'frames).
>>
File: 1469744087793.jpg (24KB, 302x216px)
1469744087793.jpg
24KB, 302x216px
>>5825390
>This petition will be delivered to: Bionicle fans

What
>>
>>5825412
Funny, I was actually thinking about Warframe while reading your post.

It does have that mysterious feeling but they revealed shit relatively recently I think.
>>
>>5825404
/co/ is shit though
>>
>>5825399
>that moment when people realized that the Mata Nui wasn't just named that way out of respect for the Great Spirit, but because it was literally on his face

Fuck, I'm not one to get the nostalgia sadness, but seriously, there was so much to love in the first setting. That web game in particular was such a great way to deliver the story.
>>
>>5825390
this guy scares me
>>5825405
I did see that but I didn't want to post it here
>that guy thinks people are going to listen to his shit for a full half hour

it's a shame he is what he is, because his voice could be pretty nice
>>
>We got a wide release of a mask that isn't used anywhere
>It kinda looks like the MoUP in it's blackfire mode

Did they plan this?
>>
>>5825416
>>5825412
been playing warframe earlier this year, it sure has some similarities but it just didnt do it for me.
>>
File: jto-masks1.jpg (39KB, 248x257px)
jto-masks1.jpg
39KB, 248x257px
Just some masks I spotted in JtO.
>>
>>5825421
He's entire channel was dedicated to Bionicle sets fucking eachother. It wasn't even stopmotion, he just smashed them together (mostly Roodaka) like a complete retard. By the looks of it he removed them.

>>5825444
Winners from the mask contest.
>>
>>5825416
>revealed
Second Dream. Warframes are actually RC robots controlled by tumblr kids. It actually wasn't a bad quest, however much /wfg/ shits on it, but it pretty much ruined the scant similarities it used to have with BIONICLE.

>>5825430
Honestly, the game isn't the best out there, but it's actually goddamn fun. Again, however much /wfg/ denies this, it's got some damn good combat.

>>5825419
I am sad. But I'm only really sad because there's nothing to replace it. It's just too unique. There's a million different stories which capture everything I love about Lord of the Rings pretty much perfectly. There's plenty of great cyberpunk stories besides Blade Runner. There's a lot of fantastic despondent art dramas besides Bojack, even if Bojack Horseman is the best goddamn show on Netflix right now. There's plenty of good space operas, even if there's none quite as good as DS9. But there are NO replacements for BIONICLE. Nothing to fill that emotional gap G1's end left.
>>
RIP Bionicle.
I'd like to say it was good while it lasted..but...well the last few waves were shit.
Goodnight sweet prince.
>>
>>5824453
is it too much to expect the winners of the makooti competition to scan the book and upload it to spite Lego if they don't release the book to the public? how illegal is that?
>>
>>5824616
even if every manchild here voted on your petition and bought the MoUP and the artbook, Lego would have made more money releasing Jar Jar Binks CCBS because Star Wars. It's simply unprofitable for them to distribute MoUP for the sake of a couple of fans. Economies of scale, brah.
>>
>>5825455
quite illegal but what are they gonna do, search people's computers?
>>
>>5825455
The book is getting a free digital release
>>
>>5824634
fuck, i hope so. but i live in an Asian country and people here have absolutely no concept of "bargain bin" "yard sale" and what have you. impossible to find g1 bonkles.
>>
>>5825448
Yeah, I didn't want to spoil it for anyone that was maybe interested but oh well.

It's pretty grindy but I do still have fun with it.
>>
So that's it. I held off coming here all day in preparation for the episodes, and upon watching them, it's all come crumbling down. This never happened to me with G1 because I fell out of it in 2008. I've never been so excited about something like this in so long and this is the first time it's fallen so flat. I've been so hopeful that even though this line is only three years and the story was iffy, I'd at least be happy with my little Mask Makers with the MoUP sitting on display as a tribute to actually sticking with the line this time up till the end. Now there's no third mask. There's no real ending. There's nothing.

I've spent months looking forward to this and I'm so fucking unhappy. And the thing that rubs salt in my wound isn't how abruptly the story ended or how shoddy the line's run has been.

It's that I realize they made the Makuta contest to try and soften the blow for screwing us over. And they've clearly been aware of it's cancellation for months. "Hey, sorry. No Makuta here for ya. But hey, win a book!" The true fucking icing on the cake is that they outright flaunted the parts TO BE released with 2017's Makuta set in their fucking video. The mask. The trans neon orange skull. The cloth. The fucking shield sticker with the war emblem. It was all right there. And the JtO episodes were made well in advance. Very well in advance.

So I just feel betrayed that I gave Lego a chance and gave them the benefit of the doubt, and they just decide to fuck with me, as well as all of you guys, until the very fucking end. I'm just sad that I was so happy with this experience and filled with so much hope. And that this is how it ends. /Biog/ is one of the only generals I really have devoted time to. It's my favorite place on /toy/. And I loved being here with you bastards. The whole way through. I don't know why I'm even typing this shit up to you right now. I'm sorry guys.

To the stars.
>>
>>5825050
>inb4 the creeper is a head on green ccbs bones with open balljoints where the arms should be

a skeleton or enderman would be interesting but given Lego's track record I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>5825190
>Rey-esque heads for all the humans

Yeah... no
>>
>>5825224
I mean, how much does it actually cost them to release some pictures of the parts fitting together? what's the rationale behind them refusing to give fans this?
>>
CCBS Jar Jar Binks

desu, I would actually like that since I'm one of the only people who can tolerate Jar Jar.

Come on faggot. Say I'm retarded;
>>
>>5825561
tfw you meant to spell yes but you spell desu instead.
>>
>>5825561
I like Jar Jar too. Fight me.
>>
>>5825561
Not everyone would like futa Gali but people would still buy it for the parts.
>>
>>5825561
>>5825568
Same here. Would love a Jar Jar constraction figure.

>Phantom Menace Jar Jar with fabric tunic and vest
>Clone Wars Jar Jar with fabric tunic and necktie-loincloth thing
>he comes with a staff for whatever asinine reason
>comes out in the same wave as a battle droid and they advertise disassembling the battle droid and attaching it to Jar Jar's foot for that once scene in PM
>>
>>5825552
They'd be more like the Obi-Wan esque heads. Stylised enough that they're not entirely off-putting.
>>
>>5825511

Wow. Am I a cold bastard for feeling more curious about what will replace Bionicle rather than feel bad that it's ending?

On one hand

>We'll never have a complete mask triad
>We'll never get a final boss set
>It hurts to see characters we grew fond of go away forever
>Or to see all the worldbuilding potential just thrown away

But on the other hand

>BZP will be reduced to the size of a skype group and die
>It's the end for the shitty mask gimmick/connection
>We'll get a fresh new line
>That line will have new aesthetics and design language

I wish LEGO would release a Makuta due to public demand. As for the new lines, I wouldn't mind a wave of Elves, Nexo Knights or Super Heroes. I really want a Superman, Deadpool and Ghost Rider.
>>
>>5825573
>>comes out in the same wave as a battle droid and they advertise disassembling the battle droid and attaching it to Jar Jar's foot for that once scene in PM
>C-3P0 also comes out in the same wave so you can headswap between him and the battle droid
Would be the best wave.
>>
>>5825576
>We'll get a fresh new line

This is what you hope but it isn't quaranteed
G2 sold bad enough to cancel an entire year.
Think about that for a second.
>>
>>5825412
The cryopods the Warframes were sleeping in reminded me of the Toa Canisters. Grineer are basically Bohrok (but I think the devs fleshed out their backstory more recently with the Twin Queen saga). I'd highly recommend it if only for the combat mechanics and visuals. Grinding is a huge chore but killing things is so fun that usually time passes very fast. The game is also entirely free.
>>
>>5825576
>>It hurts to see characters we grew fond of go away forever
>no more badass Rainbow Pohatu
Gee, thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>5824257
Hahaha this really made me sad.
>>
>>5825511
#DicksOutForBionicle

All joking aside, I'm sad we didn't get a third year. No Makuta, no MoUP, no possibility of some G2 equivalent of Bohrok (wishful thinking on my part)...

On the other hand, I'm somewhat looking forward to the future. I want to see what LEGO does with CCBS for the next few years. Perhaps some mecha theme like Exo-Force. Maybe some CCBS Nexo Knights like Knight's Kingdom II.

One way or another, I'm grateful for G2 and what it was. It got me into CCBS MOCing and Gabe me a rush of childhood nostalgia.

I found the power, I lived the legend. Now I'm ready for what we might get next. Unless it's just more Star Wars.
>>
>>5825615
>implying Lego will keep CCBS around
Hero Factory and Bionicle probably proved to them that constraction just doesnt sell. I expect them to slowly phase out the system.
>>
>>5825615
>Unless it's just more Star Wars
Best case scenario: it's more droids and characters you don't expect like Jar Jar or Max Reebo.

Worst case scenario: it's generic guys in armor and messy-faced main characters.
>>
>>5825573
>Phantom Menace buildable figures
>$20 figures: Darth Maul, Qui-Gon Jinn (W/Tatooine poncho), Battle Droid, and Jar Jar Binks
>$30 figures: Droideka (w/folding action) and Queen Amidala (The way she looks when we first see her, in her red dress w/white makeup)
>Special TRU exclusive Anakin Skywalker (as a boy) and Watto double pack for $35
>>
>>5825617
LEGO put a lot of effort and thought into CCBS. They won't just out it after only five years.

It also fits better into the System than G1 did from 2004/5 on. This is no Galidor we're talking about.
>>
>>5825571
What about Futa Gali?
>>
>>5825573
Somebody contact LEGO. This is perfect!
>>
File: 1459805513798.jpg (19KB, 429x420px)
1459805513798.jpg
19KB, 429x420px
>>5825621
>Anakin Skywalker pod-racing vehicle set.
>>
>>5825621
http://brickset.com/sets/7962-1/Anakin-Skywalker-and-Sebulba-s-Podracers
Scale that $90 in CCBS to see how unrealistic it is to hope for that.
>>
If STAR WARS hadn't stolen Bionicle's budget none of this would have happened
>>
>>5825624
Im just thinking they will drop constraction in general. They will obviously keep some of the pieces for joints on lego mechs / dragons, but in terms of pure contraction lines, I think this is the end.
>>
>>5825559
It shouldn't cost anythinhg, it should be the same as the Protector - Toa combo model instructions. But I guess because they had the plug pulled they went "fuck it".
>>
>>5825638
You don't need to make the vehicles, just the figures. Unless Lego wants to try their hand at scaled down CCBS vehicles.
>>
>>5824387

>tfw u now regret stealing every single G2 set
>>
>>5825628
just the thought of that gets my dicc hard
>>
File: shinji_ekimu.png (333KB, 853x480px)
shinji_ekimu.png
333KB, 853x480px
it hurts
>>
Is it wrong to shitpost at BZPower?
>>
>>5825669
That's like wondering if it's wrong to buy food at a grocery store.
>>
>>5825669
Nah, go ahead
>>
The saddest part of this thread is the contrast from just before JtO concluded, and after the announcement that it was all ogre.
>>
>>5825669
only if you dont post pics
>>
>>5825669
Fuck it, let's just all get organized and shitpost BZPower and TTV to death. Might as well, since the line is already dead.
>>
>>5825669
We should all just fuck with them with alt accounts or whatever. Or at least do it on TTV where the moderators are just a little less up their ass.

I'm all for it. I just need ideas.
>>
>>5825680
Post really shitty fake leaks
>>
Anyone have the instructions for g2 wairuha?
>>
So I sent an email to Lego asking them to release the MoUP even on a small scale with polybags similar to the Russian ones. I advise any of you fans to do the same, maybe if we generate enough interest it could be a possibility.
>>
welp, bionicle is over

so lets just move to LG and post bionicle mocs there since biog is gonna die. :)
>>
>>5825878
Maybe not yet.
>>
>>5825878
>implying /lg/ even wants our autistic story discussions
There's a reason why they let us keep these threads up.
>>
Any download links for the last JtO episodes yet?
>>
>>5825895
who gives a fuck what /lg/ wants?
>>
>>5825908
Me

Constraction was a mistake
>>
>>5825878
>>5825908
>some fag from /lg/ wants us back
How cute.
>>
>>5825807
Production of a piece on any scale is not something we should expect. What we SHOULD petition however, is that they release official instructions for JTO Makuta. I think that at least is very reasonable. I mean COME THE FUCK ON. Is it REALLY so much fucking trouble just to do that for us?
>>
>>5825918
okay, and why should i care about what you want?
>>
>>5825941
I personally mainly asked for that in my letter, but just to try my luck I did thrown in the mask thing too.
>>
>>5825946
Not him, but why is it so hard to release instructions for them? It literally costs nothing for them to post online. I'm sure they have them made.

>>5825952
Good job writing the letter. I hope that if enough fans write to them they might say something regarding the cancellation, give us makuta instructions, MoUP, or unreleased story/art concepts.
>>
>new line is doo heads or a HF reboot
>First wave villain is evil "Shadow Witch Doctor"
>Literally JTO Makuta w/ MOUP
>yfw
>>
>>5825979
It would be fucking incredible if in the next CCBS line they released a character with the MoUP and didn't even knowledge the relation.
>>
>>5825680
>I'm all for it. I just need ideas.

Go full tumblr or /pol/, maybe have some anons focus on one while you do the other. Trans Tamaru will return to put a nail in Bionicle's coffin.
>>
>Local Kmart is going out of buisness
>2015 and 2016 figures at 50% off
I'm going to buy so many damn duplicates
>>
>>5826084
>it's an anon pulls a RustoleumAnon and buys duplicates during a major price cut
>>
>>5826084
>Everyone has had 50% off in their stores
>Our stores still refuse to lower the prices of the left over 2015 sets
>>
Well, that's hat for G2. Betting that the morons over at TTV will act all prophetic about it.
>>
There will be no more Mardi Gras for TTV

Rip bonkles
>>
>>5826218
Why did they say that again when starting a podcast?
>>
>>5826224
"Buy our T-shirts, also dont forget to get a free audio book of your choosing!"
>>
>>5826236
Isn't Eljay's Vessel ad the new thing now?
>>
File: 73912b.png (636KB, 527x598px) Image search: [Google]
73912b.png
636KB, 527x598px
>>5821761
So I heard Bionicle's being/got cancelled again...
>>
>>5824987
Ninjago dragon sets are actually pretty good.
>>
>>5821761
So, I'm tempted to buy a spare mask of fire and heresy myself that not-Tohunga Makuta.

Can anyone see what parts he uses?
>>
Friendly reminder that if you want to make yourself a Protector-sized Makuta but don't want to cut real parts, you can get bootleg Korgot for $4.40 plus shipping
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/BIONICLE-series-XSZ-706-jungle-Rock-Water-Earth-Ice-Fire-protecto-action-figure-Building-Block-Compatible/32620114869.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.1.ESdPG6&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201602_3_10057_10056_10055_10049_10059_10058_9914_10017_405_404_10060_10061_10062_412,searchweb201603_7&btsid=db598bca-91ae-4e87-befd-5b6fe2cf12a0
>>
>>5826532
Huh, I honestly just noticed that little "shadow" hiding behind the bigger ones. That one is a nice call back to Makuta's G1 Tohunga form.
>>
>>5826532
Don't quote me on this but

>mask of fire
>head and eyestalk
>extra small torso
>4 of the spiky armor bits
>2 size 3-shells
>2 size 4-shells
>MAYBE size 5-shell for the torso armor, could be size 4
>some small bones
>some bit longer bones
>black feet
>>
>>5824000
2016 ccbs Bonkles = good
2015 ccbs Bonkles = bad
>>
>They were probably going to do multiverse shit with the mask of time
>Final battle with Lord Makuta + neo Rakhshi next year
>6 final form Toa, close to their Mata G1 selves' appearance
>all of this and who knows what else was pulled out from under us
>>
>>5824784
Out of curiosity, how hard was it to heresy the bones? What tools did you use?
>>
>mfw a toy store that generally gets new stuff as soon as they're available finally listed Ekimu and only Ekimu online
>"Note: This item is for preorder only. Estimated release day is 5th of August"

Damn. Oh well, guess I don't have to go check the stores here every day next week, but I really, really want the sets already.

But then again, I have to order Storm Beast from S@H because he and QB won't be sold here, but such is life. The same happened with Uxar and Ketar.
>>
File: 160729-bionicle-giveaway-bin.jpg (130KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
160729-bionicle-giveaway-bin.jpg
130KB, 640x480px
http://www.jangbricks.com/2016/07/bye-bye-bionicle.html

So Jang won't be reviewing any more non-licensed CCBS themes.
>>
>>5826779

This is seriously so sad

why has this happened to us
>>
>>5826779
This should be the next OP image.
>>
>>5826779
Well, fuck him then.
>>
>>5824373
Revive G2. You thought he was going to revive Galidor?
>>
>>5824437
>Bionicle lasted 1.5 years
Some of us haven't got the summer wave yet and some of us won't be getting it at all. I blame Nexo Knights and Star Wars CCBS.
>>
>>5825089
>replaces it with new Ben 10 figures
With the godawful reboot coming up and Lego's hard-on for licensed themes, I can honestly see this happening.
>>
>>5825200
I've done stop motion before and have the software for it, but I no longer have a large enough set. I've been wanting to do a large-scale Bionicle stop motion animation since the end of G1, but I just haven't gotten around to it.
>>
>>5825264
/biog/ shall finish it. It's not as if we have much else to do. Once we've done that, we could finish or expand on G2's story.
>>
>>5825404
>that one show we can't talk about
I thought there were two of those in /co/ now.
>>
First time poster in /toy/. Re discovered bionicle recently and just picked up 2016 tahu and Ikir. pretty cool. does anyone have tahu and akida? do they unify together decently or not at all? I wasnt really thinking of getting more but since its discontinuing again when i just re discovered it, I figure I might as well get a couple more sets before theyre gone forever. any other recommendations?
>>
>>5825658
Did you scam Lego out of replacement parts or have you got a friend in TRU?
>>
Do you guys think ccbs was the problem with G2 bionicle? G1 just felt much funner to build and some where just really crazy but simple and complex at the same time, like gahdok and cahdok, and the jaller and takua sets
>>
>>5826094
Are you in the UK? We have that problem as well.
>>
>>5827055
It helped
>>
>>5827055
CCBS is not an inherently bad system, but it definitely bought more than its fair share of problems with it. Really the bigger issue is that after the first couple years TLG tried to turn Bionicle from a sub-theme of Technic to a new category of construction, and just about everything had to fit the action figure mold following that, save for vehicles and playsets.
>>
>>5827063
Hungary. I can only go to Tesco or InterSpar, other toystores literally died out over the years.
>>
>>5826094
same story in canada. seems like sets are full price until theyre out of stock
>>
>>5827067
they should have had more technic like enemies or vehicles, but I dont think they had any? toa are fine being ccbs+technic
>>
>>5826094
>>5827073
Fucking this, I checked a random toy store on a whim some weeks ago, and the leftover 2015 first wave sets were still being sold for their original jacked-up Yurop prices.
>>
I'm looking for cheap G2 sets to complete my collection and this fucker returns. I'm not in the mood to put up with your shit.
>>
>>5827105
Now to be fair there were those one in a million moments when some G1 sets back then did get a big discount, though I can only recall the Rahkshi and the Piraka. I would count special releases like the foam sword hordika combiner box or the Sidorak+Lhikan and Kikanalo combo pack but those sets were sold separately already, not to mention the Irnakk set.
>>
>>5827132
Irnakk got discounted? Damn. I need that spine.
>>
>>5827141
No I mean, Irnakk is technically the 3 Pirakas being discounted their cut prices combined into that set's price.
>>
>>5827151
Oh, OK.
>>
I cant find an online store that has lava beast and 2015 tahu whyyyy
>>
File: 1457370946031.png (1MB, 852x854px)
1457370946031.png
1MB, 852x854px
>>5824033
>>5824387

>It's a 2010 episode

At least the sets were better....

But c'mon Lego, this wasn't even funny.
>>
>>5825190
>>
Guys, are toys dying in general? theres only 2 dedicated toy stores in my area and one that sold toys for 25 years was like fuck it and now mainly sell puzzles, board games and magic the gathering cards. What the fuck happened? I want to try to find some dicount bionicles before theyre gone but only have one place to look now
>>
>>5827343
I think so. Video games and smartphones are taking their place.
>>
>>5827352
Mostly smartphones, which is even worse.
>>
>>5827343
Toys just aren't as profitable these days, with how much entertainment a tablet or smartphone can provide.
>>
>>5827343
Look at Pokémon GO that alone does a lot of "damage" to actual toys you can hold in your hands. Same goes for video games, sure they can be fun, depending on the game, but it is still just sitting in front of a screen and pressing buttons.
>>
>>5827360
why dont they make them cheaper at least? last years tahu and onua and kopaka are still 25 dollars CAD
>>
>>5827343
Toys will never be over. Yes they are waning because of, for example, electronics consumption and petroleum price, but they won't die.
>>
>>5827408
This.
>>
>>5826779
Fuck Jang, the guy's a sperg and he has the shittiest, high-and-mighty attitude of any AFOL I've seen (beaten only by Ellgay and that dviddy faggot)
The cuck moved onto Lego system ages ago anyway because he wasn't making enough from just covering constraction, even though that's where he got his start.
>>
>Mask of Skull Spiders was never relevant
>Infected Masks were never relevant
>Red Umarak mask was never relevant
>None of the promotional masks were ever relevant
Fuck this gay earth, Gen 1 left almost no stone unturned, even most promo merch and here we have items ACTUALLY INCLUDED IN SETS completely ignored in canon. Unacceptable.
>>
psst
post mocs
>>
File: 1459800969322.png (1MB, 842x770px)
1459800969322.png
1MB, 842x770px
>>5827453
When did he hurt you, anon?
>>
>>5827480
>The Vahi was never relevant
>The Protector/Master 'combinations' were never relevant
Were the protectors relevant in the books?
>>
>>5827498
The second book is actually about the protectors trying to find a lost villager and fighting LOSS after it got knocked off the bridge by the Toa, it's pretty nice and would have made for a good setup for the Protectors to later become Toa, had Gen 2 not been cancelled.
>>
>Mask of Control, all of the Toa's ELEMENTAL weapons, and 5/6 pieces of the Mask of Control in the portal
>Skelefuckers still underground and could break out any day
>Makuta still able to control minions and wreak havok on villagers
>Skull spiders still in full force
>Villagers potentially in the exact same spot they were when the plot began except with Ekimu and the creatures on their side
Yeah, this plot's pretty tightly wrapped up. No dangling threads here, not a single one. Yeah.
>>
>>5827453
I like Play Stippling's videos better anyway.

A bit cringey or not at times, he still got me back into MOCing. And I actually really like CCBS.
>>
File: 2016-07-30 22-42-20.342.png (3MB, 1737x1365px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-30 22-42-20.342.png
3MB, 1737x1365px
Are there non-heretical solutions or do we have to break rules?
>>
>>5825031
I hope that fucker chokes on some MLP dildo, that autistic bastard
>>
>>5827594
Armchair is a brony too now?
>>
>>5827594
Who's Armchair? Is he a BZP admin?
>>
what sets have pieces that work well to mix with 2016 tahu?

also bye forever bionicle. time for the horrdenous hero factory to come back lol
>>
>>5827603
The other red guys from G2 and possibly some of the blue sets to go with the strange blue parts on Tahu.
>>
>>5827596
He's a longitme brony that selfdiagnosed himself autism. Have a laugh at his fucking Facebook profile:
scott.barnick.3
>>5827602
He sucks LEGO dick just because he hopes to become their employee.
>>
>>5827610
im thinking 2015 lewas yellow pieces and 2015 tahu would be nice. akida and lava beast are questionable though
>>
>>5827623
how hard is it to become a lego employee and actually work on sets?
>>
>>5827627
It is actually very, very difficult. You need to have a special talent and ask the right people about it.
>>
>>5824387

RIP, big Rahi
>>
>>5824393
Hero Factory again?

>>5824394
Pretty sure it means ekimu/beasts/umarak are the last

>>5824844
Yeah but back then they were $10 a toa and now theyre $25 a toa. Ouch
>>
>>5827659
So nothing for Europe as we already got the summer wave in time.
>>
>>5827542
Yeah they're a bit cringey, but he's got his heart in the right place. Plus, his 30MM videos are actually pretty dang cool
>>
So do you guys think Bionicle is taking a year or two off, coming back in a decade as G3, or ending forever?
>>
>>5827982
I'd rather it end forever.
>>
>>5827982
the way they ended it makes it seem like it's going to be a recurring product line, and the way it was presented this time makes it seem like it's gonna be a thing they bring back whenever they refine the technology to a point they're confident in for whatever their newest building gimmick will be.
G1 was technic
G2 was CCBS
I dunno what G3 will be like, but we probably won't see it till after they've had some new building system out for a while. I have no doubt it'll happen, but not any time soon.
>>
>>5828132
But would G3 even remotely get attention? I mean G2 could still bring in the more hardcore nostalgia fans for the sales, but after this ending? I don't think a G3 would be even worth making as people would most likely forget about it by the time it rolls around.
>>
>>5828180
G3, if/when it happens will likely continue the setting of G2 rather than be another hard reset, now that kids of this day and age have been introduced to the concept of bionicle, that generation of buyers will be the ones being appealed to next time around. G3 probably won't be using CCBS, or at least not as we understand it now, but then again G2 wasn't using ccbs as the first run of hero factory with it understood, so they might still be using CCBS when it comes around, full of new bells and whistles we wouldn't see coming.
>>
File: sgdd.png (18KB, 974x321px)
sgdd.png
18KB, 974x321px
I fucking love Jaek_3
>>
File: boss delgado.png (21KB, 635x467px) Image search: [Google]
boss delgado.png
21KB, 635x467px
>>5828228
Holy shit, fucking savage

Does anyone have the Skull Grinder edit of this pic?
>>
>>5827594
i get that many people dont like him but has he ever done anything bad?
>>
>>5827630
you dont even need to ask the right people, surely makes it easier but i know of set designers who just applied online and were invited for the recruitment programm, passed and got the job
>>
>>5828228
putting effort and passion into something doesnt mean that itll succed. whats this guys issue
>>
>>5828848
You're dead wrong if you think G2 had nearly the effort put into its launch that G1 did. While things like the tiny budget aren't necessarily the Bionicle team's fault, and a lot of the decisions that led to G2 being aimed at a younger demographic than even Hero Factory seemed to be while Lego has no good themes for the 10+ demographic are the higher up's fault for thinking kids are retarded or something, there was a clear lack of something at the core of the reboot. The atmosphere, the world, the concepts, they just felt really superficial this time around, like it was going through the motions of what made 2001 good without actually knowing what ACTUALLY made it good.
>>
>>5828897
To be fair, the soul of G1 can never be recreated. It was a product of the times.
>>
>>5828902
No reason it couldn't be. If the exact atmosphere / feel of the original star wars can be perfectly recreated almost 40 years later (albeit with a bit of cheating by giving it exactly the same plot), then I dont see why one couldn't recreate what Bionicle was a mere 16 years later.
>>
>>5828897
>You're dead wrong if you think G2 had nearly the effort put into its launch that G1 did.

clearly you can judget that based on your intensive interaction with the bionicle team during the lines development

i really dont think its the fault of legos creative team behind bionicle on this, but rather their higher ups for giving them such tight restraints. i mean, look at matt bettekers concept art. that stuff is full of atmosphere and interesting environments. i think its pretty clear that they came up with a cool and unique world, but just didnt have the means to fully realize it. we had 2 mobile games that barely had anything to do with the story, the animated shorts and an obviously low budget netflix show. none of those portrayed the world and the mood as well as the concept art we saw did, which is to say that something went seriously wrong on that end. i mean fuck, hero factorys media presentation was leagues better than that of bionicle g2.
>>
If nothing else G2 brought my mind back into Bionicle enough to rediscover how objectively great the original really was. I will probably spend plenty of time now rediscovering / exploring that world.
>>
File: 1469411452622.gif (1MB, 350x302px) Image search: [Google]
1469411452622.gif
1MB, 350x302px
>>5828907
>perfectly recreated
>>
>>5828929
Say what you will about TFA, but it was carefully crafted to feel EXACTLY like classic star wars.
>>
>>5828932
And that might be the main issue with it, it feels more like a by the numbers reboot than a unique twist on the same tale.
>>
>>5828932
this may be nostalgia talking, but I feel the original did much more in the "world building" department.
>>
Anyone have rips of all the JTO episodes in 720p or better?
>>
Wasn't Dorek going to come out with some kind of statement today? I wonder if he'll give us any information on that Makuta combiner.
>>
>>5829141
Dorek confirmed the announcement on 7/31 was the cancellation announcement. Then Lego announced it early.
>>
Lego's loss, now this guy is gonna be making bank off of the mask of ultimate power
https://www.shapeways.com/product/EYS9XLFMA/bionicle-mask-of-ultimate-power?optionId=60415977
>>
>>5829174
Dammit. I was hoping he might have reverse engineered the Makuta model.
>>
>>5829179
I wonder how mask making anon is doing. Bionicle may be over, but I still want that Gali mask.
>>
File: MoUP.jpg (79KB, 1016x381px) Image search: [Google]
MoUP.jpg
79KB, 1016x381px
>>5829179
Could be a little better, but it's definitely a start.

The area around the eyes need a little work, and maybe a little tweaking of the cheek piston things, but other than that he's got the major details down, like the giant forehead circle with the six lines and the line going down the nose/mouth area.
>>
>>5828932
Copypasting the films doesn't count as recreating.
>>
>>5829179
>people will actually spend money on this shitty replica

this fandom never fails to disappoint me
>>
>>5829262
I see someone's working on this. though I must ask.

how the hell are you gonna Gold Plastic in 3D printing? spray painting doesn't quite match...
>>
File: IMG_0870.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0870.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Well...with Bionicle's Cancelation...AGAIN.

I'm left with an empty third shelf...what now?
>>
>>5825390
this meme again?
>>
>>5827623
Oh you mean the guy who is always writing like 20 paragraph replies to sentence long comments? What a cuck
>>
>>5829330
Buy the reduced G2 sets and make some decent Kaita.
>>
>>5828228
Holy fucking shit. Tripfagging to post this
>>
>>5829262
He's already working on a V2, so I imagine most of those problems are going to be fixed. It's a good attempt either way.
>>
>>5829303
If you still want to suck TLG's cock after all this, I'm sure there's a BZP account waiting for you.
>>
>>5829179
>142$
haha
>>
File: Bio_Earth.jpg (43KB, 533x410px)
Bio_Earth.jpg
43KB, 533x410px
did it ever irritate anyone else when display sets were built wrong?
>>
>>5829379
>even looking at metal options from Shapeways
Cute.
>>
>>5829412
I'm more irritated when they chuck huge balls of glue over the joints. If you need to permanently fix parts together, use a small amount where the parts join.
>>
File: druid3.jpg (105KB, 900x900px)
druid3.jpg
105KB, 900x900px
so bionicle is cancelled and I have to put my dog down. Not only does he have cancer, but he also broke his leg, and I don't have the kind of money to properly treat him.

fuck
>>
>>5829321
this, plus I still have no idea how to do it in resin
>>
>>5829195
coming along, taking pictures of all my current stock (mostly kulta skulls so far), recasting some molds with better techniques, and figuring out how the hell I'm going to do shipping
>>
>>5829443
Bubble wrap bags. That's how I've received second-hand G2 parts and they've been in perfect condition.
>>
>>582945
well that was the idea, I'm thinking about international shipping in particular, since I don't want to exclude anyone.
>>
>>5829477
welp I fucked that reply up
>>
>>5829477
>international
Bubblewrap in a small box, wrapped in bubblewrap and put in a larger box.
>>
>>5829487
This, but with a lot of duct tape around the outside box.
>>
>>5829179

"now this guy is gonna be making bank off of the mask of ultimate power"

Which is a considerably dick move since it's not his design, and the quality of the product is pretty bad
>>
>>5829516
>not his design
Did you expect Lego to release it? Even if it is, it would be cheaper to buy the Shapeways version than pay some Russian scalper.
>>
>>5829522
I don't expect lego to release it, but I don't think he should be making a profit out of it.
>>
>>5829524
t. a future lawyer for a major corperation
>>
>>5829528
I wouldn't really give a fuck if he makes money out of it if the mask was perfect, but it isn't. And I just don't like when people use a situation like this for profit.

he could've waited and refine the mask, but he didn't, and now people will most likely buy the shitty mask because they're desperate to get the MoUP
>>
File: IMG_0871.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0871.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
So I was fiddling with my Umarak the Destroyer, trying to lazy-man my way to a better neck, when I noticed the Hunter's mask looks great on the destroyer.

then I decided to mix some parts between them both with the bullshit of "What if he controlled the corruption instead of becoming a brainless monster?"

this lazy, uninspired shit was the result.

least the sword's neat, if basic...
>>
>>5829538
well now that makes more sense
>>
File: IMG_0872.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px)
IMG_0872.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
Honestly, I only kept the bow so I could have it as an ornament on his back.
>>
>>5825337
Legs need a bit of work but everything above them looks nice. Well done anon.
>>
Anyone working on reverse engineering JTO Makuta yet?
>>
>>5830102
There's a topic on TTV about it if you're interested
http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/the-lets-build-jto-makuta-topic/27002/41
>>
>>5827518
Except that none of that actually matters. The only reason Makuta pulled any of his shit over the course of the story was because he had a single small chance to return to our world. Now that the MoCtrl and MoUP are either destroyed or on the other side of the portal, Makuta has no chances anymore. He's stuck there forever now. So why bother dominating a world he can never actually rule anymore?

On top of that, most of the Skull Raiders were killed in the collapse of their civilization, and the Skull Spiders were ALWAYS a problem. They were also only a REAL threat when LoSS was still kicking around, and he's probably dead too. Makuta just weaponized them for his plan which made them abnormally dangerous, so complaining about those not being rid of is like claiming that Lord of the Rings wasn't concluded properly because spiders still exist in middle earth.
>>
>>5830234
Well, not exactly. Makuta made the MOUP from six elemental crystals that were inside some dual-elemental masks he made. The mold for it is still lying on the ground in the Great Crater, and we have no idea what Ekimu did with the six Toa's Golden Masks. Theoretically, if Skull Basher or some other humanoid Makuta controls escaped, they could always just forge another Mask of Ultimate power, if they melted down the Toa's golden masks.
Makuta also has all the Uniter's elemental weapons and almost every part of the original MOUP in the portal, and he's pretty damn crafty. I wouldn't put it past him at all to come up with another way to get out of there.
>>
>>5829538
I don't really see a problem with it. Could you elaborate on what was done wrong?
>>
>>5830243
The problem with that theory is that Makuta is a legendary masterwork Mask Maker and even he couldn't forge the forbidden mask well enough to sustain itself. The ONLY being who could even come close to being able to is Ekimu, and he sure as hell wouldn't. I take it there's way more precision and care in creating a mask of power than just melting down some masks and filling a mold. Forging another MoUP inside the Shadow Realm wouldn't do any good either because as I understand it, the ritual can only be preformed from the outside.
>>
File: dude why.png (259KB, 371x391px)
dude why.png
259KB, 371x391px
>>5830243
>never got to see dual-element themed Makuta minions
>>
>>5830425
The beasts basically were supposed to be that, but the design team didn't do a very good job at depicting it.
>>
>>5830440
>ended up with extra vine pieces from buying an extra Uxar for a stand-in Creature for Umarak
Guess I know what I'm doing when I get around to modding Quake Beast.
>>
>>5825337
really [soiler]un[spoiler/]creative/10
>>
>>5829378
lolwhat. i said that the 3d model looks like shit.
>>
between the three primary models shown in that "contest" video thing...

I gotta say, I prefer the one on the left. it feels the most Makuta.

I guess it's moreso that I need a new Villain color besides Red.

shame only the center one will be reverse engineered. maybe a good chunk of the clear reds can be replaced with clear purple.
>>
File: Makuta throne.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px)
Makuta throne.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
>>5830854
>I gotta say, I prefer the one on the left. it feels the most Makuta.

The one with the flaming staff? That's the one most people are reverse engineering, since that was the model used for the show.

Personally I'd like this one.
>>
Looks like TTV is getting pretty close to figuring out Makuta's build.
>tfw building this and slapping a 3d-printed mask on it is the closest thing we will ever, ever get to closure
>>
>>5830871
Not only that, but someone's working on a free 3d model for the MoUP
>>
>>5830871
That's a really nice staff. It's a shame that G2 flopped. Less sold sets means less parts in circulation, which increases the cost of building something like this.
>>
>>5830885
How good are 3D-printed mask clips and does this model have them yet?
>>
>>5830995
I really think it depends on the plastic. Luckily, LEGO works in exact cm increments so it's really easy to replicate their stuff. As for if the mask has prongs, I'm not too sure if it has them yet, but it is planned to
>>
>>5830885
whos making this? looks really good so far
>>
>>5824924
It looks like a burnt mask Umarak could have had if he reverted from his destroyer transformation and was redeemed or simply left makuta to become a neutral or separate evil character. I'm putting it on my hunter.
>>
>>5824991
He has been dormant, maybe he died cringing too much by rewatching all his bionicle videos.
>>
>>5831137
If Lego ever releases instructions for the JtO Makuta, it will use the burnt Umarak mask.
>>
No one cared who i was until i put on the mask.
>>
FUCK. Missed out on a £4 Akida because I forgot to bid.
>>
>>5827176
try fry's electronics
>>
>>5830871
it won't be ENOUGH closure for me.

I need something more. I need $15-tier Villains to go follow directly under Makuta. Corrupted Villagers to toil away at the forges, making Bi-Element Masks.

...agg...I'm depressed again...
Thread posts: 692
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.