[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 65

File: Galvatron.jpg (303KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Galvatron.jpg
303KB, 1200x1200px
Galvatron will never get a perfect toy edition.

Old Thread: >>5700174
>>
File: groucho-marx-4.jpg (27KB, 454x365px) Image search: [Google]
groucho-marx-4.jpg
27KB, 454x365px
>>5702110
I've hoid of being shit-faced, but this is rediculous.
>>
File: Cancertron.png (667KB, 665x692px) Image search: [Google]
Cancertron.png
667KB, 665x692px
>>5702110
>>
>>5702110
>>5702129
>TFags will defend this
>>
>>5702138
>muh hollow arms.

Get used to it or get the fuck out already.
Theres a third party general just across the way.
>>
>>5702141
Spoken like a true Transformercuck.
>>
>>5702124

Fuck, that made me laugh.
>>
>>5702146

3P toys have hollow forearms too bro. Sometimes it's unavoidable.
>>
>>5702124
You clever bastard.
>>
>>5702146
MP Starsaber has hollow arms too m8
>>
>>5702129
Nooooooo, this can't be real.
>>
>>5702129
I thought for a second that was his actual face. Thank fuck.
>>
>>5702162
It's real, but it's not the head he comes with. They put a different head on.
>>
Besides the awful head, another thing that really irks me about this new galvatron is the arms. They look way too big and cartoony- almost Popeye-like.
>>
File: FT Galvatron.jpg (72KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FT Galvatron.jpg
72KB, 800x1200px
>>5702110
>never say never op
>>
>>5702146
I have a wordfilter that turns all instances of "cuck" into "smurf" and it is the greatest decision I ever made
>>
File: 1419812233151.jpg (6KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1419812233151.jpg
6KB, 250x238px
I know this is random, but I never understood why people eve liked Hotrod, Kup, Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge. They're part of the shittiest section of Transformers canon, and their designs/characterizations suck pretty hard.

I actually thought most G1Transformers fans hated season 3 and the majority of it's mainstay characters (aside from Arcee and Kup). Now everyone seems like they can't get enough of Scourge, his sweeps, Cyclonus, Galvatron, and Rodimus.

The fuck?
>>
File: Grieverion.jpg (427KB, 618x937px) Image search: [Google]
Grieverion.jpg
427KB, 618x937px
>>5702184

A better idea would be if it just autobanned people for it. The word is overused.
>>
>>5702171
Because that looks so much better aye.
>>
File: 86MovieCrewAlmostBackTogether.jpg (1MB, 2789x1721px) Image search: [Google]
86MovieCrewAlmostBackTogether.jpg
1MB, 2789x1721px
>>5702194
>I know this is random, but I never understood why people eve liked Hotrod, Kup, Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge. They're part of the shittiest section of Transformers canon, and their designs/characterizations suck pretty hard.
>I actually thought most G1Transformers fans hated season 3

But they didn't appear in season 3 originally. They appeared in the movie, which was fucking awesome. Thats where the love for them originally comes from, and they're also popular in the current comics, which also happen to be selling ridiculously well.
>>
>>5702194
Most of the original designs (both toon and toy) for S3/86 guys kinda sucked and really clashed with the Diaclone aesthetics of the earlier TFs. I like muh super robots. But some of the redesigns like Universe Cyclonus, Classics Hot Rod, etc make them look way better and they fit what I consider the traditional TF style more.
>>
File: Cjnt_pAUoAASWvJ.jpg (71KB, 598x842px) Image search: [Google]
Cjnt_pAUoAASWvJ.jpg
71KB, 598x842px
>>
>>5702210
Hope an alternate head comes out later in the line for TR because I'm not spending 30 dollars on an import deluxe.
>>
File: 20160529_223408_LLS.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160529_223408_LLS.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Speaking of Headmasters, I got Hosehead for $30 CAD on the last day of Anime North, the beauty of an anime convention not a lot of people look for TFs so this Hosehead was there for 2 days and nobody was bothering to buy him. I checked ebay first to compare to see how at the same condition cost and bought it today.
>>
>>5702194
>They're part of the shittiest section of Transformers canon

I thought you were talking about S3+ of G1, not IDW's Transformers continuity
>>
>>5701874
i wonder if a Micromaster will fit in those gun emplacements? Or a WST?
>>
>>5702224
Well, Titanmasters are about as big as Kreons, right? And Kreons are about the same size as Mini-cons/Microns/Micromasters.
>>
>>5702203
I think this was my biggest issue with the season 3 guys.

They just didn't LOOK like the Transformers we were used to. It was kind of a an "all of a sudden" jarring change. Not to mention classic characters like Prime (for a while), Megatron, Starscream (sorta), Thundercracker and Skywarp were killed off.

As an adult, and in hindsight, get what they were trying to do. But as a kid, that shit was pants on head retarded and pretty much turned me off to the series until Beast Wars.
>>
>the reason Dawn of the Predacus is so shit is because it was an IDW production instead of a FunPub production

wowsers
>>
File: 473468736859469.png (42KB, 333x310px) Image search: [Google]
473468736859469.png
42KB, 333x310px
>>5702194
most people here would have either been exposed to the 86 and up teams due to age or wern't around when G1 was in it's prime meaning they have no connection or opinion beyond what they read or see in current books and shows

tldr: You are getting old
>>
File: Angry.jpg (71KB, 573x261px) Image search: [Google]
Angry.jpg
71KB, 573x261px
>>5702236
>or wern't around when G1 was

The very thought of this makes me want to vomit from my eyes.
>>
>BW2 Galvatron as G1 Galvatron
>Universe Silverbolt as G1 Cyclonus
>customized BW Scourge as G1 Scourge
>other BW Scourge as Sweeps

On a scale of 1-10 how CUH-RAH-ZEE is this idea?
>>
>>5702245
If G1 Scourge has a beast mode, I think a bat would be far more fitting.

Convobat with a new head, perhaps?
>>
>>5702245
The Also Storm Jet combiner torso or the back pack wearing sound FX guy? The former is ok, the latter is not as good
>>
>>5702146
Do you even know what cuck means? It seems like you don't.
>>
>>5702257
It has no proper meaning anymore.
It's just some random-ass insult now.
>>
>>5702141
we don't want him either.
>>
>>5702262
I've noticed, and I agree with >>5702196.
>>
>>5702243
Anon a person born in 1980(30 years ago) exposure to tf would be the 86 movie at age 6, they might have grown up with some season 3 reruns and clearance headmasters and up.
If they were born in 1990(20 years ago it would have been Beast Wars at age 6
Anon when we hit 2020 most 18-20 year old people's exposure to TFs will be 07 film and beyond.

Time marches on with or without you anon
Are you ready for what it brings?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVY1-v97Mic
>>
File: Cyclonus.jpg (49KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclonus.jpg
49KB, 640x398px
>>5702256
>Storm Jet combiner torso or the back pack wearing sound FX guy?

No, the purple repaint of Silverbolt. It's like poetry, it sort of rhymes.

>>5702250
>Convobat with a new head, perhaps?
2expensive4me
>>
>>5702273
This is actually why we are seeing a major decline in the brand. the 07 movie spike sales but it was piggy backing off the G1 fans that had disposable income. We are now hitting an era where they will be in their 40s or older and the new blood has no reason to care about 84 Optimus Prime. Mix that with the decline sales of physical toys and that makes it where we are where Hasbro has to reinvent the wheel again and hope for the best and/or milk those greying G1 fans while they are around.
>>
>>5702273
>1980
>30 years ago
try 36.
also, G1 stuck around for a good while. Don't forget that the comics ran until 1991, and transformers reran plenty. Hell, the movie didn't even hit VHS until 87. And action masters definitely borrowed from season 1 and 2 for their characters, and that was in 90-91 as well.

Literally any kid born in the 80s would have been around to watch G1 or play with G1 toys, and any kid born in the early 90s that had older siblings could have as well. Not to mention they reran the cartoon as "Generation 2" when the toyline came out and rereleased several characters.
>>
>>5702273
Then you got weirdos like me who didn't really give a shit about Transformers as a kid and only got into it because I like goofy Japanese action shows and had someone introduce me to Transformers Victory when I was like 16 years old and it spiralled from there.

So what I'm saying is, it won't matter where people had their first exposure. If they get super into it, they're going to like whatever suits their personal tastes. I know I saw Beast Wars before anything else, and as charming as that show was, I don't really give a rat(trap)'s ass about the designs or seeing it make a comeback.
>>
>>5702279
Considering the similarities between BW Silverbolt and Cyclonus, i could see that
>>
>>5702281
Hasbro just said a week or two ago that the adult collector (us) makes up 20% of TF sales.
That doesn't sound like they're the ones slowing down on purchases.
Pretty sure it's the kids because the last movie didn't do as well and RID isn't doing so well.
>>
>>5702141

Do you prefer to live with hollow forearms, or obvious hands in vehicle mode?
>>
>>5702291
Reread my post Im saying what you are saying
Their market is adults but a lot of those adults are old and in a small number
20% is nice but that means they are struggling with the other 80% ergo my post about all that is the grey nation that grew up with G1 isn't a big market to keep it afloat
>>
File: geegee.png (83KB, 243x205px) Image search: [Google]
geegee.png
83KB, 243x205px
>>5702289
>Then you got weirdos like me
If you are nearing you're 30s you are not a "weirdo" you are the fucking market that grew up with Transformers regardless of your exposure.
>>
File: TransformersBayformersMovie.png (111KB, 548x1872px) Image search: [Google]
TransformersBayformersMovie.png
111KB, 548x1872px
>>5702273
>Anon when we hit 2020 most 18-20 year old people's exposure to TFs will be 07 film and beyond.
>>
>>5702273
I wasn't expecting that to be Joker using Vincent Price's laugh from Thriller, I was thinking more this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdIRrmNN_CQ
>>
>>5702304
I'm 22. And you could probably say that about anyone under the age of 50 at this point. Transformers is a fucking juggernaut franchise that has a new show and toyline running like every 3 years or so. They don't miss a generation.
>>
>>5702110
Masterpiece Galvatron never.

dx9 tyrant is pretty good tho
>>
>>5702298
but it's the reverse
the greying fans have been buying more and more, and the fall of the traditional fans has been only a small one, and they're still doing far better, like multiple times better, than they were a decade ago.
It's not about milking the collector market because kid sales are down.
It's about ensuring that the fans that will buy no matter what the economy is like are happy, because they create more consumers.

besides, "collector" is basically 16+

That covers EVERYONE born before 2000.

That's hardly "greying"
>>
>>5702194
Your opinion is probably true for a lot of the "original" generation of fans who probably felt shock and betrayal at the S2-movie turnover.

Later fans don't have this same frame of mind for the most part. Not to mention all the people where G1 cartoon is not their starting point for Transformers.
>>
>>5702284
I was generalizing
>Literally any kid born in the 80s would have been around to watch G1 or play with G1 toys
That makes the youngest G1 exposed kid 27. That's reaffirming my point not hurting it.

>any kid born in the early 90s that had older siblings could have as well
speculation at best how many got into it over older siblings never mind you have to factor that older sibling was invested in the G1 enough to have enough to share and that he younger sibling has to have interest in it.
>Not to mention they reran the cartoon as "Generation 2"
came in 92 and left in 95 with a rather weak distribution run of the G1 stuff.
But again, the core point is this.
The majority 'adult' demographic that buys toys is between 18 and 25. in terms of year born that's 1991 to 1998. Here in a few years that number climbs to 1993 to 2001.
The last two generations coming up will have limited exposure to G1 if at all.
>>
>>5702216
You lucky man. I've been on the hunt for one to go with my KO Minerva and Goshooter and haven't seen one near that price, at least not one that complete/good condition.

I'll give you a tip: you can get repro head guns on Shapeways for like $5 while some parts seller on eBay probably wants $30. Not sure about getting the helmet/seat though.
>>
>>5702317
I see you bought into the spin doctor effect they used.
The increasing numbers of collector fans would lead to more shelf space like what happen with the new Star Wars
Not less.
No, kids are buying it less but that makes the collector side of the pie look bigger and as such they have their pitch for the overpriced Matty - excuse me- Hasbro Club to happen.
>>
>>5702328
Oh thanks for that advice. I'm actually thinking of looking for the parts during TFcon in 6 weeks or if I find something complete for like under $80 bucks I might pick it up since you can't have enough Headmasters.
>>
>>5702315
>Masterpiece Galvatron never.
I dunno man, I highly expect one to be announced real soon.
I mean, august 8th this year is the 30th anniversary of the transformers movie, but japan didn't get the movie until 89, so later this year we might get a galvatron reveal in honor of the 30th anniversary of Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers 2010.
I mean, we've already gotten a LOT of the cast of the movie in masterpiece form.
>>
>>5702194
>>5702322
Yeah. I'm a pre-movie fan through and through. I don't mind the movie cast but season 3+, outside of half a dozen episodes, is unsalvageable garbage.
>>
>>5702331
Except things like Masterpiece figures aren't always sold at walmart.
shelf space in retail has been getting more and more expensive, and what you may also forget is that Nerf (another hasbro product) has been taking more and more shelf space because it's sales are soaring. Hasbro is literally competing with itself for space.
>>
>>5702343

Does anyone even buy toys from a store anymore? I swear the largest toy section I've seen in years was barely an aisle, and it was mostly baby shit.
>>
>>5702225
someone was complaining last thread about how bad robots that transformed into bases were. Americans never got robots that turned into Micromaster bases; G1 Metroplex and Fort Max were scaled for Mini Vehicles (Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn, etc) and all the US Micromaster bases transformed into things other than robots. Unless you were made of money or lived in Japan and could get Sky Garry, Grandus, or Star Convoy. So would /toy/ buy Ultra Magnus/Powermaster Prime repainted into Star Convoy?
>>
>>5702344
Walmart's toy aisles are still huge.
But TMNT coming back with a cartoon and two movies has really put a dent into shelf space.
On top of that, Star Wars has rebels and a movie, so they've gotten larger space than usual.

Oh, and scalpers.

I literally saw someone going up and down each aisle, taking pictures, and jotting down notes about prices, while talking to another guy on the phone about the products. It's ridiculous how serious they are about creating shortages to drive prices up.
>>
>>5702343
>Except things like Masterpiece figures aren't always sold at walmart.
Actually they were in an attempt 4 times all of which with mediocre effects with the last one warming shelves for years (MP Skywarp)
ToysRus hold them now but even they are reluctant to mass produce them and have even mark up and reduced print on MPs like Grimlock to cash out better with the collectors without the glut.

>Hasbro is literally competing with itself for space.
What does that have to do with my point?
I brought up Star Wars, they make Star Wars too. Yes they are competing against themselves and that's more the evidence that Transformers is fading out of the populous eye namely because a lot of it's recent success was stepped in the films and the nostalgia fans.
But those fans don't make the same market as kids who want nerf and the like
>>
>>5702351
they still have to pay for the shelf space.
Whatever, you're obviously mad, I'm not gonna change your mind.
>>
>>5702354
Not mad at all. If anything you seem more charged in this point then me.
>they still have to pay for the shelf space.
again, how does this hurt my point?
If TFs were selling as good or close enough as say Marvel Legends(a license they pay to use) Star Wars(another license they pay for), why would they shave back on so much space on brand they out right own unless it's the crippling truth that the ages that buy toys are not buying TFs.

Again your logic on shelf space just reaffirms my original point.
>>
File: TheTimeHasComeAndSoHaveI.jpg (84KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
TheTimeHasComeAndSoHaveI.jpg
84KB, 600x576px
>>5702350
>It's ridiculous how serious they are about creating shortages to drive prices up.

It's also funny when they get BTFO by companies.

See: Groove.
>>
>>5702357
>Marvel Legends(a license they pay to use) Star Wars(another license they pay for)

To be fair, comics (and their associated movies) are hot shit right now, so they're doing better than ever and demand more shelf space for it I'm sure.

And Star Wars is Star Wars. It had the new movie, and has legions of fans old and new right now hungering for merchandise. It's a cultural icon.
>>
>>5702141
>muh 3rd party

the fact you guys have been having to rely on overpriced collector produced figures for the past couple years shows the current state of the line. hasbro is slowly giving up and only the movies motivates them to give a shit. there's some gems here and there but overall the I'd say we're in the dark ages of the franchise.
>>
>>5702364
Im just sharing that anon is calming that the collectors are helping the TF market do "better than ever" when that's not the case.
It's why I brought up those other markets when he started posting excuses as to why TF shelf space is hurting.
It's hurting because it's not making new blood. It's hurting because the die hard fans are getting to old by majority to be a strong market force.
>>
>>5702365

Nah, the dark age won't be until the next movie comes out, and it bombs right into the shitter.
>>
>>5702194
I hated season 3 growing up, but mainly because it shit on how cool I thought Hotrod was. I loved his design; he was a badass racecar with flames on it, he had a buzzsaw hand, and he trained with a lightsaber. And then at the end, he killed a giant evil planet.

Then season 3 came out and he was a loser. They made him into a fucking loser, always whining about how he wasn't better than Optimus, and giving away the matrix every week to anyone he could push it off on.

Fuck season 3.
>>
>>5702360
In a similar manner, Takara's planning for MPs as well. They got Ratchet/Ironhide, Shockwave, and Inferno in the pipe when several 3P companies tried making their own MPs at around the same time. It's kinda comical.
>>
>>5702379
Dark ages was probably around FOC, when designers were still trying to work with figures being downsized. Just look at crap like FOC Sideswipe/Jazz.
>>
>>5702365
If dark ages means they're willing to pump out headmasters and homage japanese g1 then sure let it reign supreme for all eternity
>>
>>5702400
Dark Ages was definitely WFC/FOC, those designs are garbage.
>>
If anyone cares, Amazon has CW Magnus for $38 right now.
>>
>>5702434
Not all of them, WFC Megatron, Soundwave, Prime, and FoC Shockwave and Starscream were awesome.
>>
>>5702198
Yes.
>>
>>5702284
>Don't forget that the comics ran until 1991
To an extremely niche market.
>>
>>5702293
Hollow forearms are not the only way to hide arms in alt modes.
>>
>>5702471
Yeah but I could buy the comics at Wal-Mart and K-Mart and shit, so kids saw them.
>>
>>5702477
Seeing doesn't mean buying or that it was popular enough to use as a good reference to how big g1 still was. You've seen toylines warm pegs and shelves before. Just because you see them doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>5702257
He's pretty much using it correctly.

Fan = Husband
Higher Quality = Husband's Dick
Hasbro = Wife
Hasbro Products = Wife's Pussy
Higher Profits = Bull
Lower Production Costs/Effort = Bull's Dick
Wife is driven by lust of Bull to forego Husband's Dick and let Bull's Dick enter Wife's Pussy while Husband is still expected to foot the bill. Sometimes Husband even goes online to angrily defend the practice.

See?
>>
>>5702289
>introduce me to Transformers Victory when I was like 16 years old and it spiralled from there.
damn. barely any non-japanese fan watched Victory, let alone got into Transformers because of it
>>
File: 574px-WFCBarricade.jpg (49KB, 574x599px) Image search: [Google]
574px-WFCBarricade.jpg
49KB, 574x599px
>>5702434
i liked them for the most part

Barricade's design fucking sucked tho. he barely looks like Barricade. Might as well be a Decepticon generic
>>
>>5702506
I feel the correct use is unintentional. He's just using it because he learned a new word today.
>>
I have noticed the 3rd Party Transformers by Generation Toy, Gravity Builder. What is the consensus of this combiner? I love Devastator, and have been wanting to dive into something that is awesome, but true to Gen 1.
>>
>>5702543
generation toys take on devy is my personal fave, but there are so many devastators out there it is all up to taste, I'd pop into the 3P general to get more opinions, you'll get bitched at here for bringing 3p up

>>5697753

another good option is toyworlds, and there's also a legends scale one if that's your thing, name escapes me
>>
>>5702552
>name escapes me

Hulkie.

Also, honestly the most G1 Devy is the UW.
>>
Best Devastator coming through.
>>
>>5702339
Those half dozen eps are pretty great though. If you don't love Webworld you can fuck off
>>
>>5702521
He's based more on the Bayformers Barricade than G1. Kind of like how Ironhide is usually a pickup truck nowadays rather than a minivan.
>>
>>5702562
>He's based more on the Bayformers Barricade
umm, yeah dude, that's the Barricade i'm talking about.

in fact I'm almost sure no one cares about G1 Barricade
>>
>>5702543
>I love Devastator, and have been wanting to dive into something that is awesome, but true to Gen 1.
Unite Warriors Devastator is a good toy, and he's the most accurate to the cartoon, just get him.
Way cheaper than the 3rd party ones too
>>
>>5702564
Considering the shitfits thrown in these threads over Literally Whos not getting toys, I had to make sure.
It's kind of like how Lugnut got a more "realistic" looking overhaul when he got transplanted into the Classics-esque line for the time. It's meant to be evocative of the design (back wings, dark color palette, tires on his shoulderpads, slightly more stylize eye design] without looking like someone just threw a Bayformers render into WFC.
As a result of how drastic the change is, he does look pretty generic, but comparing him to the actual generics in the game, he stands out well enough.
>>
>>5702483
You clearly weren't old enough to remember
it was a marvel comic
plenty popular.
They brought it right fucking back like 2 and a half years later. You don't do that for series that weren't selling good when they ended.
The comics were tied with the toyline. When the toyline was over, so was the comic. Hell, do you think we'd be having anywhere near the comics of TF we have today if it wasn't for the toylines still cranking things out?
>>
>>5702591
It was selling to a niche market. That doesn't mean it was still a huge thing to the world.
>>
>>5702289
>Victory fan
God you must have foamed when Star Saber appeared on MTMTE
>>
>>5702365
>dark ages of the franchise.
I wasn't aware they were doing Beast Wars again.
>>
File: Unite-Warriors-EX-Sky-Reign.jpg (42KB, 600x260px) Image search: [Google]
Unite-Warriors-EX-Sky-Reign.jpg
42KB, 600x260px
I don't know if this has been posted yet, so here you go.
>>
>>5702194
>I know this is random, but I never understood why people eve liked Hotrod, Kup, Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge. They're part of the shittiest section of Transformers canon, and their designs/characterizations suck pretty hard.
>I actually thought most G1Transformers fans hated season 3 and the majority of it's mainstay characters (aside from Arcee and Kup). Now everyone seems like they can't get enough of Scourge, his sweeps, Cyclonus, Galvatron, and Rodimus.
>The fuck?

Most of the geewunners grew up and or left the fandom.

Most people who didn't grow up with geewun, most likely watched the 86 movie at least.

I hate to say it but most of the 86 characters I kinda feel got better focus than most 84 and 85 characters.
>>
>>5702307

someone do an edit where he sees the death of Optimus Prime instead.
>>
File: Wasted Molds.jpg (2MB, 3936x2728px) Image search: [Google]
Wasted Molds.jpg
2MB, 3936x2728px
>>5702664
I doubt he'll be much different, what limb mold do we know he'll have?
>>
>>5702181
it aint galvatron until hasbrio or takara make it.

Mearly a damn good likeness though, if only I wasn't such a loyal fag I'd of bought this.

Kill me please
>>
File: prime thinking.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
prime thinking.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>5702194
I hear you bud, I hated that portion of transformers as well.

My problem is I liked hotrod for his design and his carefree attitude over rodimus being the worrywart he was, and while I hated galvatron's personality and voice (despite being the same voice actor as megatron just doing him obviously different for good reason) his design along with cyclonus (one of my god damn favs) and the sweeps...you gotta get the crew ya know?

Still working out why I went crazy over legends arcee despite no love, kup can go fuck himself...until an mp comes out, so my mp hot rodimus has a mentor.

TLDR gotta catch em all
>>
>>5702555
Nice mods
>>
>>5702664
>UW-EX

I don't get this designation considering grand galvatron and grand convoy were giving the normal number despite being online exclusives, or is it because sky reign is more OC than those 2 homages?
>>
>>5702640

He said nothing to that effect.
>>
>>5702559
Webworld
Ghost in the Machine
Starscream's Ghost
Burden Hardest to Bear
Return of Optimus Prime part 1
Return of Optimus Prime part 2
There, that's the watchable portion of season 3.
>>
>>5702344
Oh, the aisles ate still pretty big, they're just barren or filled with dollar store junk.
>>
>>5702608
I hate to generalize and demonize the term, but most people aren't that autistic. Beast Wars is fucking great but I'm perfectly fine with seeing Rattrap deal with Decepticons in other continuities, or see Optimus Prime go on berserker rages in the movies. It's not like that reaches back in time and changes the character in their original media.
>>
>>5702721
not that guy but personally I would have liked a powerful paladin-type in a series where everyone is kind of an asshole
Thunderclash doesn't count because he's a meme
>>
>>5702664
>Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Fuck. Maybe it'll be as bland as Grand Convoy and I can avoid it.

Please...
>>
>>5702606
Your definition of niche market has changed from post to post to keep your position defensible hasn't it? You started out acting like it was only a small group of nerds reading comics to acting like you meant the United States and UK. Just admit that the comic was a big thing in TFs biggest markets, because it was.
>>
File: i believe you are incorrect.jpg (187KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
i believe you are incorrect.jpg
187KB, 600x600px
>>5702741
was this bland?

My wallet cried and said no
>>
>>5702755
If Starscream wasn't clear plastic and Armada Thrust had a proper head (and maybe his signature hands) I would have bought it
>>
File: 1460811611091.jpg (52KB, 396x478px) Image search: [Google]
1460811611091.jpg
52KB, 396x478px
>>5702692
So if you drew a pic of Galvatron it wouldn't be him unless Hasui or someone else at TT drew it?
>>
File: Unicron - galvatron the monster..jpg (637KB, 886x1352px) Image search: [Google]
Unicron - galvatron the monster..jpg
637KB, 886x1352px
>>5702194
I came in through the Marvel G1 comics. How could you NOT like Kup, Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge? The Unicron Saga was Galactus Done Right.

I only later came across the cartoon and was shocked by how utterly shit it was, start to finish.
>>
File: 1391888450061.jpg (21KB, 270x400px) Image search: [Google]
1391888450061.jpg
21KB, 270x400px
>>5702521
>>5702564
As much as I love Barricade, I wish they gave his WFC character a different name. It was funny to think that you can play as a weak genericon soldier right beside your legendary leader.

I would like a simpler design of his Bayformers, but enough to make a difference with Prowl's black and white. Shame he died in a decent issue in the IDWverse.
>>
>>5702761
I do wonder what kids would pretend the ghost arm would be, if they're not pretending that it's a crystalized Starscream.
>>
>>5702671
You keep posting that when almost every character is a literal who.
>>
File: 1419178522808.jpg (66KB, 500x558px) Image search: [Google]
1419178522808.jpg
66KB, 500x558px
I know I'm late but Fanstoys is going to release a very quality looking Galvatron-alike this september. He's MP scaled and if Quakewave is any indication he'll be a very quality figure.
>>
>>5702202
This. I imagine the poster is just some underage retard. The Transformers movie is still the single best piece of video media that has ever been released for the franchise.
Also, most fans slowly lost interest after the movie as the cartoon series started to blow chunks and they were probably transitioning to playing kid sports by then, taking up prime cartoon time slots.
>>
Have you ever been legit frustrated with a figure's transformation?

This happened for me with Alternators Prime.
>>
>>5702789
Most movie leader classes, save for the Megatrons.
>>
>>5702782
That's because you're a baby pleb.
>>
>>5702718
You forgot Call of the Primitives and the Ultimate Weapon.
>>
>>5702789
Universe Galvatron
TR might have a stupid crown but I'll take it over this fiddly kibbly fucker any day
>>
>>5702803
Universe had such a problem with fiddly transformations. I love the Hot Shot from that line (robot mode), but transforming it sucks.
>>
>>5702755
But it's GHOST Starscream.
>>
>>5702718
>Return of Optimus Prime part 1
>Return of Optimus Prime part 2
That's the only ones i remember post-movie but dude prime's back whoo hoo
>>
>>5702744
But it wasn't.
>>
>>5702831
Transformers UK at its height was one of the top 3 selling comics there. There is a reason why Death's Head is so popular with the new generation of UK comic writers.
>>
>>5702506
So what you are saying is that Hasbro is a voluptuous lewd mother ?
>>
>>5702838
That milf so hot but cheap for most of the time that when you were young, she babysitted you but now as a seductive wallet-fisting mistress.
>>
>>5702795
sorry not knowing obscure characters from the floundering period of transformers makes me a pleb.
>>
Went to a TRU in Japan today. Fucking heartbreaking.
>>
>>5702849
Huh?
>>
>>5702853
Transformers for the most part in Japan are sucking balls. The TRU I went to in Yokohama had three Legends Skids in a side basket, one MP Hot Rod, about two shelves of TF:A stuff (mainly the packs with a crappy warrior, a micron and armor or just Microns alone and a bunch of those Choro-Q figures. A far smaller section than the Transformers sections I used to see in Australian TRU's.

Meanwhile Star Wars had about 10 times the shelf space, without exaggeration. Even BvS stuff was given more shelf space.

And honestly, this is fairly normal for Transformers in Japan these days.
>>
>>5702664

So, anyone taking bets that they made a way for Skylynx to separate for use in their Liokaiser?
>>
File: LiterallyMyChildhood.jpg (215KB, 548x1872px) Image search: [Google]
LiterallyMyChildhood.jpg
215KB, 548x1872px
>>5702670

The Bayformers movies are truly what killed Optimus, but here you go, a slice of my childhood.
>>
>>5702863
>japan
>having more tf's than australian tru's

they fokken wot m8?

My nearest tru had fuck all until 2 cartons of sky reign deluxes and they're peg warming, you sure they just aren't clearing out quick, sounds too sparse especially with one mp hotrod.

Of course star wars has all the shelf space, it might be marvel vs dc time but they still have some selling power, nearest kmart still has a whole star wars display shelf to itself while transformers is taking in some of the overflow of light sabers
>>
File: wake me up.gif (20KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
wake me up.gif
20KB, 180x135px
>>5702869
Only moment in any movie that made me tear up
>>
>>5702848
Yup, educate yourself, babypleb.
>>
>>5702871
The only thing I can think is that, beyond TF:A shit, theres not a lot going on for Transformers in Japan right now. But like I said, it seems fairly common for Transformers to be given shit all shelf space in any store, from dedicated collectors shops in Akihabara to electronic stores with decent toy departments like Yodabashi. And don't even fucking bother with the Department Stores like Ito Yokado anymore. Most of them don't even stock TF's at all.

My local Yodabashi camera has been shelfwarming TF:A and some other shit HARD for months. Like theres still a fair few of those shitty Power Core Combiner things and even some Transformers Go figures, mainly Ratchet.
>>
File: Sad.jpg (150KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
Sad.jpg
150KB, 950x534px
>>5702873

My childhood movies were suffering.

Optimus? Dead.

Duke? In a coma (aka: Fukken DED but the studio took the backlash from TF's and didn't kill him, originally they were gonna)

TMNT, my favorite turtle gets his shit pushed in and spends like half the movie in a coma in a fucking bathtub (Rapheal).

I had a bad record for childhood heroes.
>>
>>5702882
>The only thing I can think is that, beyond TF:A shit, theres not a lot going on for Transformers in Japan right now

This would be it, same here, not even g1 fandom would save it unless you see stores clogging up on mp's (fun watching Aussie tru's doing that, shelf of 20 lambor's and 15 bluestreaks all on clearance, decided to take advantage and asked if I could inspect the paint apps on each one until I left with just the bluestreak for $85)
>>
>>5702887
However, to counter my own point, even when there IS something else, like a Legends release, the stores seem to get fuck all stock in. I'll have to remember to snap some pictures of various stores TF sections. They are really sad.

Further... even my more nerdy students have no idea what Transformers are, and the best way to get them to even know what you are talking about is mention the Michael Bay movies.
>>
File: thanks dr legbeat.jpg (241KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
thanks dr legbeat.jpg
241KB, 1280x960px
>>5702869

thanks
>>
File: cant wake up.jpg (40KB, 512x368px) Image search: [Google]
cant wake up.jpg
40KB, 512x368px
>>5702886
I'm glad optimus came back, felt too forced though considering his zombie death.

Duke...as in nukem right, well he ain't coming back for more any time soon.

TMNT I luckily grew out of as time went on, unlike newer transformers entries I just couldn't get into turtles doing ninja stuff anymore or their pizza loving antics, saved me from buying their current game so that's a plus.

My childhood thankfully ended up becoming nothing but what it is now, vidya, transformers (gotta slow down on that though collection wise) and hotwheels.

Oh and robotech but the merch for that and harmony gold shit...but that's a tale for another general
>>
>>5702890
Yup, retail mentality these days, I work in a supermarket and they're holding back on certain stuff knowing it may sell but not in large amounts so they only have enough to say "yes we stock them", yet they went batshit and started pulling in heaps of marvel and dc merch.

But they're also retards for not watching the counters for energy drinks, from 12pm to 2pm we went from 8 cans of V to 0 and next delivery is in 3 days for one single slab of 24, despite being on sale, not a good example I guess
>>
>>5702893
Jetfokker when?
>>
>>5702887
Hey, it's the legendary Bluestreak anon!

How long did it take to look through all of em, out of curiosity?
>>
>>5702825
[spoiler]he dies again in the 3rd episode of Headmasters[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1446529812376.jpg (111KB, 1920x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1446529812376.jpg
111KB, 1920x1072px
>>5702905
Hrm, let me think.

No more than 20 mins on the FIRST visit, I bought one with a coupon for $120, thinking like the prowl I got from tru online (which I got free postage on, they wrote "weird address" so I had a cry like WHY IS MY ADDRESS WEIRD WHY plus he was on clearance for $85) he'd be ok, no he wasn't.

I tend to be iffy, his door panels wouldn't close (tested him in the car park, relax I had the privacy of my car) so I went in and spent 20 mins, at first I was being a prick and choose good boxes but after...can't remember what 10 boxes I ended up asking for a refund, some honestly had such shit paint apps I didn't bother seeing if panels would work

The second visit was the clearance one, after 4 I finally got a perfect one, all parts align, no paint fuck ups that look like free hand paint jobs, took 10 mins, yes I did these inspections infront of the tru staff.

TLDR total time of 30 mins.

>I never bothered with the lambor as the boxes look like someone mistaken them for soccer balls explaining their clearance
>I profusely apologized to the tru staff for each one I opened as both times they had 2 cashiers and one supervisor yet a line of 10 each time
>>
File: star_convoy.jpg (285KB, 614x1014px) Image search: [Google]
star_convoy.jpg
285KB, 614x1014px
>>5702917
[spoilers]But he is resurrected again in the Battlestars manga as Star Convoy[/don'tworkontoynewfriend]
>>
>>5702924
I still don't get why cw battlecore optimus's head references him.

Do western kids even know thats fucking optimus?
>>
>>5702921
I can't believe there's such wonky quality on what's supposed to be high end figures.
>>
>>5702929
I did when I was young.
>>
>>5702937

Chinese slave labor doesn't give a shit about what your "quality" is supposed to be, Anon. Thats why these things always come with a "Actual appearance may vary" or whatever clause to protect their asses when you get something that looks like a armlesa gorilla with a paintbrush shoved up it's ass to paint your figure.
>>
File: muh neck.jpg (54KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
muh neck.jpg
54KB, 720x960px
>>5702937
Well, as other anons have told me, they're made in the same factories as takara's ones, at this point I think mold degradation is to blame as well as lower qc standards (less time spent checking on each but this is my retarded theory) seeing how I'm also a big seeker faggot.

I own all hasbro mp11's, my best being thundercracker (the first hasbro one) while starscream is the worst (the chest needs to be pried open to move the jet canopy up and down due to tighter clearances), with my acid storm being my literal tank (shipped from US loose in fighter mode, not one mark) and sunstorm just makes me laugh at his literal shit head and reminds me why I chose hasbro over takara's seekers.

They're still mass produced figures, and I still hold to my theory that hasbro must do some cost cutting when its their turn with the mold, though my mp ramjet reminds me neither are any better (mis-aligned wing panels makes for a slight cosmetic problem but the fact he's missing a connector port for the mp11 cape set leaves a large ass hole in his shoulders).

Which sucks as he was the one I wanted the most, paid the most, to make matters worse I noticed a chip on his fucking nose.

Transformers aren't kind to picky autistic adult collectors
>>
File: funpub 1.jpg (134KB, 603x1292px) Image search: [Google]
funpub 1.jpg
134KB, 603x1292px
>After TFSS 5.0 is over, FunPub jokes will be dated and irrelevant

I-I didn't ask for this ;_;
>>
>>5702929
The head on Battle Core OP is basically an easter egg. Most kids will just see it as an Optimus that's white for some reason.
>>
>>5702335
Turns out someones made repro parts for the seat and big gun too.

https://prometheusrising.net/2016/05/30/prhi-transformers-headmaster-jr-hosehead-reproduction-accessories-on-shapeways/
>>
>>5702344

>Does anyone even buy toys from a store anymore? I swear the largest toy section I've seen in years was barely an aisle, and it was mostly baby shit.

Selection here is shit unless I drive an hour to the nearest Toys R Us. And it usually results in spending an assload of gas money to not find what i want because of scalpers just clearing shit out.

Like when Metroplex came out, and I didnt even know it was out yet, and I had the day off from work and happened to be in the area and stopped into TRU to look at stuff.

I see the big ass metroplex box on the shelf and am like HOLY SHIT, so I grab one. Lady at the checkout asks if Im the guy thats been calling all morning to see if they came in yet and trys to "remind me" that theya re only limiting them to 1 per person. I lagh and tell her no Im not that guy and leave happy, but know some fag was obviously trying to buy the whole shipment before anybody else was able to even get any.

I order most of my shit online now.
>>
>>5702917
I wonder if 10 year old me would have rather watched Rebirth in English and continued to read the Marvel Comics when the toon got canceled or if i would have sat through The Headmasters, subbed, and all the Japan only stuff afterwards
>>
Guys, what are the chances for a new official Piranacon/Godneptune?
>>
>>5702995
Low until Hasbro starts tossing out CW Beasts. Maybe we'll get some retooled out of other molds then.
>>
>>5702995

We didn't even get Predaking, what makes you think we're gonna get someone who didn't even make it into the G1 cartoon?

You're gonna have to look to 3P's Anon. Hope you got $600 and can wait until the whole thing is out to see if it's not a steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>5702995
If the theme of the third part of Prime Wars is beasts, then maybe. To make them they are going to have to go all-in on Beast characters. Given how they like/need to remold/redeco stuff so much, they are going to need to have plans for these molds, and the weird sea monsters don't lend themselves to other characters as easily as say, a car or jet.

I still maintain that you could make the seacons, Abominus, Monstructor and Predaking using 6-8 deluxe base molds and 2-3 new torsos.
>>
>>5702878
how about you get better taste in characters?
>>
>>5702863

TRU in Japan is literally for children. Their /toy selection has always been meh.

If you want collector-oriented shit you need to head to some of the (whatever) Camera stores in prominant shopping zones like Shinjuku or Akiba or Osaka. Japan produces a ton of toy otaku stuff but it's all concentrated only in a few select areas. Everywhere else is meh.

laern2NotWalmart
>>
File: Triple Changer - Robot.jpg (93KB, 541x640px) Image search: [Google]
Triple Changer - Robot.jpg
93KB, 541x640px
>>5703018
I'm a connoisseur of the obscure, perhaps it is you who should expand your taste from just the popular ones?
>>
>>5703014

To make the majority of G1 beastbots they'll just need a fucking square brick, thats the part that really bites me in the ass.

You take your square brick, add ball joint legs for the back legs, ball joint front legs (or just make the arms the front legs), and add a tail/head appropriate to each figure and you've got 3/5th's of Predaking, 3/5th's of Abominus, and and I dunno how much of Pirahnacon. They literally cannot fail if they do this.

The only ones that would need dedicated molds are the birds, and guess what? Making 1 bird body will work for Divebomb, the pterodactly guy in Abominus, shit, you could replace the wings with fucking tentacles and a squid head instead of a bird for the octopus guy in Pirahnacon....
>>
>>5703024
And like I said, even there the selections are largely shit and underwhelming, unless you like TF:A micron sets.
>>
>>5702789

RID Sideburn and his front wheels

Break the penguin and folding his entire robot mode up into the bird stomach

Those toys make Buster Prime feel like a one step walk in the park
>>
>>5702873
You have either a nonexistence level of exposure to films or you are autistic if that's the only scene from a film to move you.

>>5702886
>>5702893

The 80s/90s were a funny time when the market didn't really understand how kids could get super attach to toys.
Hell the 90s and beyond adult collectors market spike in number from that.
>>
>>5703028
For good or ill it seems beast robots as a market are not super strong.
Transformers Cybertron beast planet guys shelf warm the most short of the Dragon guy but he wasn't a hot seller either.
the Predicon team from Prime season 3 toys all warm shelves and went on clearance
Even the AoE Dinobots were not a super hot item. Hell the last wave of them you can still buy at clearance prices online and that film is now two years old!
As strange as it is to say robo beast mode Transformers just don't sell well on the market.
Let's hope the head Titian Return guys break this cycle and make them reconsider robo beasts
>>
>>5703027
Popular characters are popular for a reason. They don't suck.
>>
>>5702837
>UK comic writers
Which is very a fucking niche group.
>>
File: Twirl Episode 1B.jpg (161KB, 738x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Twirl Episode 1B.jpg
161KB, 738x1024px
Generations Twirl WHEN?
>>
>>5703045
Not really, it's because they get more exposure, you can make any character a good one if you're a smart enough writer, by your logic, one should only watch popular films over less well known films?
>>
File: 800px-Generations_IDW_megatron.jpg (52KB, 800x510px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Generations_IDW_megatron.jpg
52KB, 800x510px
>>5703048
If at all, she'd have to come after Titans Return.
>>
File: NerfRebelleHeartbreaker.png (781KB, 930x751px) Image search: [Google]
NerfRebelleHeartbreaker.png
781KB, 930x751px
>>5703048
Full girly transformers offshoot line, when? Something like Nerf REBELLE
>>
>>5703050
>one should only watch popular films over less well known films?
That's actually how the masses work.
Love or hate it, that is why the market always ties it's toys to legacy characters and well know heroes because they know people will buy it. Literal whos that they try to pitch to the market struggle a lot more.
The majority of Drift and Windblade toys made are based of the TV show because the market has a bigger chance to launch onto that and buy the toys as oppose to the comic market where only one of each has been made by Hasbro because the market didn't have the demand for more then that. Hell there were point you could get all 3 of the female bots of the thrilling 30 for under $5 at clearance stores like Big Lots, Ollies, hell even Target and Walmart had them market down low.
The market is showing that if they have a show they sell better then based from a comic or just an OC level guy.
>>
File: Generationstoy_sunder.jpg (111KB, 709x504px) Image search: [Google]
Generationstoy_sunder.jpg
111KB, 709x504px
>>5703048
>They will never make data disc Glit and Rosanna to go with Sundor
>>
>>5703050
Who cares? just stop bitching your literal whos don't get toys.
>>
>>5703027
Most obscure TF characters are one note or too boring to enter any fiction without changes.
How does knowing them would make you better?
>>
>>5703057
Nah, I keep on going since I know it gets some of youse faggots panties in a twist.

Fuck atleast this guy >>5703055 made a good argument, he's right to a degree, but that doesn't change my opinion.
>>
>>5703060
Shows that you know you're stuff.
>>
>>5703057

They do though. As 3P figures. Can't wait for MMC's Tarn, Strika, Kaon, Turmoil, etc.
>>
>>5703062
it's funny that you are trying to act like a troll when this is maybe the first time I have ever seen anyone reply to you. you aren't getting anyone's panties in a twist, you are just baiting so hard and you know it.
>>
>>5703069
>new characters that steamrolled the canon on their first appearance, shifted the known power levels, and got an entire arc for themselves
>literally whos
bruh
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 690x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 690x513px
>>5703056
>Wanting more bakugon circles

Nah, the new legends Ravage/Laserbeak molds aren't great, but they have way more play value than those things.

A Rosanna using pic related would be uttersex though.
>>
File: 4573782463.png (9KB, 1081x154px) Image search: [Google]
4573782463.png
9KB, 1081x154px
>>5703060
1 he's shitposting
2 the people that actually believe they have some insider hipster knowledge of the obscure echo that they don't have much else going for them in life.
You don't boast that you know obscure shit about toys or cartoons unless you lack any other real life experiences. It's like your brain is aware how much a failure you are and kicks in a coping mechanism that makes you dig and collect near useless info that anybody could learn but hasn't because again, what value does it have? However they then get to spill it on the "plebs" that haven't spent the extra 2 minutes to learn about odd guy X or rare factory toy Y.
Really that is the 'cancer' of these kinds of hobbies is you get the most useless stick wagging contests ever and usually people want an 'us vs them' war because again, that's easier to fight for then something tangible.
>>
>>5703075
We've got a regular psychologist here.
>>
>>5703072
Must've triggered somebody for this to still be going.
>>
>>5703082
replying=/=triggered.
I know you are so desperate for these (you)s, but at least put some effort in.
>>
>>5703086
Just being courteous, it'd be rude not to reply.
>>
File: America.jpg (57KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
America.jpg
57KB, 550x550px
>>5703073

Great, now ask someone on the street who any of those are. You could get a normie to recognize Bumblebee or Optimus, but anyone else?

Yeah, they're literal who's. The comic is a bestseller, but not many people read anymore because pic related. Too busy jerking off to selfies on their iphones.
>>
>>5703080
There is no other reason to take that level of pride and elitism on what is basically reading wiki pages and kicking dust at what is popular in a toy market. Psychoanalyzing or not.
>>
>>5703094
By that fucking logic everyone is a literal who other than bumblebee and Optimus.
>>
File: 1462298483888.png (94KB, 225x247px) Image search: [Google]
1462298483888.png
94KB, 225x247px
>We have just about as many IPs as most generals on toy
>They have basic good discussion with little shitposting and the awareness to ignore it
>we shitpost and eat bait like a /v/ or /r9k/ thread

Is there just something about TF fandom in general or did we just get lucky in we have more autists that post here?
>>
>>5703098
Is was more of a joke than anything.
>>
>>5703086
Is that you, ACK-kun?

http://desustorage.org/_/search/text/telling%20off%20shitposters%20not%20mad/
>>
>>5703103
Ah sorry, TFGs make me take everything at face value
>>
>>5703055
>Arcee and Chromia were not at Ollie's for cheap when I went there
Fuck this gay Earth. Now I'll need to buy the $32 set for them on other sites...
>>
>>5703104
No, and I'm not going to read through all that to find whatever you are referencing.
But if you seriously believe replying is being triggered, you got serious issues.
>>
>>5703109
>need to buy
No you don't b
>>
>>5703115
How else do you propose getting an Arcee and Chromia? Seems like would be marked up AF going to buy one at a convention.
>>
>>5703099

There you go, now you understand.
>>
>>5703128
You said need. You don't need to buy the set. You want the toys. You don't need them.
>>
>>5703139
The need is under the ability to accomplish the desired task a behavior which much happen for it to be possible. You need to have gasoline in your lawnmower for it to run. You want to run your lawnmower.
>>
>>5703139
Are you a robot?
>>
>>5703150
Robots are not allowed to post here.
>>
>>5702886
>TMNT, my favorite turtle gets his shit pushed in and spends like half the movie in a coma in a fucking bathtub (Rapheal).

I really liked the TMNT movies (except the 3rd one) as a kid, but fuck did they make me hate Raph. I was indifferent towards him in the cartoon, but the live action movies made him seem like a whiny little dick. I was glad he got his ass handed to him.
>>
>>5702892
Is is thanks or thank? I'm gonna say thank to be safe, THANK DR. LEGBEAT.
>>
>>5703139
I NEED to slap you in the face, because you WANT it.
>>
>>5703102
I'd say autists. No way normal people would be fervent G1 purists.
>>
>>5703148
If you want to use your lawnmower you'll need the fuel.

The toys won't do anything like that for you. You don't need them.
>>
>>5703134
Moron.
>>
>>5702210
>hollow
>ass
>legs
this needs to stop.
>>
>>5702892
THANK DR LEGBEAT
>>
>>5703194
It's part of the transformation.
>then use a flap to cover them
How would that work on what is supposed to be a slinder altmode?

Cry all you want, but it makes sense.
>>
>>5703198
just add a joint to the thing that holds the crocodile backleg, and have it swing in to fill that area.
>>
>>5703203
Then you'll hear the same amount of bitching because his g1 design has the croc legs on the side of the bot legs.
>>
Is it wrong that I really like the little RID Minicons even though they're total bricks? I only have Divebomb but he's strangely fun to mess with. The extra armour is a fun feature and the torpedo mode actually looks OK. They kinda remind me of the Casseticons- in fact if I had Cybertron Soundwave I'd make a Shapeways mod for him to be able to carry the "Torpedos" under his wings like bombs.

I'm considering getting Ratbat and Sandsting seeing as they're out in my area now. If it weren't for the fact I have to either buy the brick deployer Fracture or import him from Japan I'd get Airazor too.
>>
>>5703206
i dont care about that, i just want solid looking robits.
>>
>>5703220
But your resolution will cause issues also. If you don't understand why it is the way it is then quit talking about it since you don't want to honestly think about it
>>
>>5703220
>It should be exactly how I want it!

If you don't like it maybe you shouldn't buy it.
>>
>>5702785
THIS
>>
>>5703227
like what?

>>5703231
it still woulndt be exactly how i want it, but it wouldnt have hollow ass legs.
>>
>>5703239
>like what?
Be less vague.
>>
File: Adventuretoy-Rumble.jpg (92KB, 779x557px) Image search: [Google]
Adventuretoy-Rumble.jpg
92KB, 779x557px
honestly my fave rumble/frenzy was this one

doesn't do the whole eject gimmick but I don't care, I'd rather have a cool robot
>>
>>5703242
I've always wondered about a Soundwave who just sort of "summons" his minions from subspace or just has them following him around rather than ejecting them, allowing for them to have actual alt modes. You could have the tanks for Rumble and Frenzy, Energon Battle Ravage for, well, Ravage, and if you had the patience, a repainted Energon Divebomb for Laserbeak/Buzzsaw.
>>
File: how to fix a leg.jpg (110KB, 1116x842px) Image search: [Google]
how to fix a leg.jpg
110KB, 1116x842px
>>5703241
like, add a joint at the black stripe to the part with the crock leg, and have that thing fold in.

see any issues in that?
>>
>>5703245
Rumble/Frenzy and Laserbeak/Buzzsaw have motorcycle modes in IDW at the moment
>>
>>5703246
I've already told you of the shit storm that would start. Not to mention the articulation would be hindered in the leg as well.
>>
File: kao4gm.jpg (1MB, 2000x1160px) Image search: [Google]
kao4gm.jpg
1MB, 2000x1160px
>>5703248
yeah, I remember talk early on in CW of potentially getting some weird soundwave combiner with groove for the bikes (legends or later deluxes), ravage as a car and laserbeak as a jet
>>
>>5703250
how does it hinder the articulation?
>>
>>5703257
...you're not very smart.
>>
>>5703261
i dont have x-ray vision so yeah, dont see how it would hinder anything.

so instead of wasting your time insulting others, how about you answer the question since you clearly know everything about the toy.
>>
>>5703264
That empty space allows much better leg articulation. What happens when you fill that empty space? That's right. You lose a significant amount of space for the knee bend.

I sure as fuck didn't need x-ray vision for that.
>>
>>5703270
90 degrees is all you need.
and in a pose where you need more than that you can just flip the thing out from there.

do you even think?
>>
File: adsfds.png (811KB, 915x689px) Image search: [Google]
adsfds.png
811KB, 915x689px
>>5703245
The only one I actually am a stickler for remaining as an ejectable is Laserbeak for some reason.

I prefer Rumble and Frenzy as individuals, and Ravage i'm fine either way, though the humanoid Ravages with the animal head have always been dumb to me, but Laserbeak fits so well for the deployment gimmick

this is my current preference, MP for Laserbeak and Ratbat, Ocular Max Jaguar, and the United tanks for Rumble/Frenzy.

I'd jizz myself to get some updates of the nobody cassettes though (not including KFC's shitters) fucking Squawkbox, Overkill and Slugfest are great and get no love.
>>
>>5703274
>90 degrees is all you need.
Working legs is all you need. Why does it need to be your way?
>>
>>5703281
its an improvement.

if you had that joint there, guess what, you could just not use it.
and its literally that figure right there, but with that joint.

or you could use that joint, and fill that open ass cavity of a leg.
>>
>>5703274
No, because people would bitch about the 90 degrees. People would bitch just like you are now and waste their breath doing so. It's not going to happen no matter what you think would be best.
>>
>>5703283
But the cavity affects nothing but how you think it looks.
>>
>>5703287
but you could not use the joint.
and then there would be a gaping hole where a leg should be, but you can get 180 degrees of leg movement.

>>5703289
i know.
and i came up with a fix for it.
and somehow that would absolutely ruin the whole toy.
>>
>>5703102
MLP has the same issues.
Something about Ponies and Robots attract the forever alone type that are past their 30s living with their aging parents and doing nothing with their lives

I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't the fact that the TF fans like that are strangely always wanting to pick a fight and complain.
>>
>>5703298
>absolutely ruin the whole toy.
It would definitely affect the toy in a worse way. You didn't come up with a solution. You want to fix something you don't like that will mess with the toy.
>>
>>5703278
>Overkill and Slugfest

Hell yeah I'd be down for proper updates for them. A repaint of Cruellock for Overkill would be pretty great, but there's so few stegosaurus toys as is Slugfest would need his own mold.
>>
>>5703298
You missed my point. People would complain either way and your complaining right now isn't getting you anywhere.
>>
>>5703306
but it doesnt mess with the toy at all.

all i did was take the already existing thing, point at a part where you could add a joint, and thats it.

it would still be the same thing, but with a joint in there that fixes the one issue i have with it.

how is that ruining the toy?
how is it in any way impacting it other than adding two pins in it?

>>5703309
what would they complain about?
the croc legs arent on the sides of the legs?
dont use the joint.
the crock legs are now on the sides of the legs.
wow.
>>
>>5703102
The TF fandom hates itself too much to want to encourage anything else.
>>
>>5703313
>but it doesnt mess with the toy at all.
I've already told you how.
>>
should i bother getting a version of the United Scout Rumble/Frenzy at TFCon or the little new Legends figure we're getting next year?
>>
>>5703318
and i have told you why it doesnt.

how autistic are you?
>limits articulation
dont use that joint

>doesnt match the g1 figure
dont use the joint.

literally the only impact is the 2 pins it takes to make the joint.
otherwise its the same and exact mold it is right now.
>>
>>5703327
id say it depends on if ur getting leader soundwave, as stand alones the scouts are better but the leader gimmick is also something to consider
>>
>>5703329
>how autistic are you?
You're the one who started off complaining about a non issue. I told you how your resolution would affect the toy. Not only would it hinder articulation but now there's a separate thin flap that will have QC issues and you know it.

You haven't fixed a thing.
>>
Could you guys go be autistic somewhere else, like on Seibertron or AllSpark?

Thanks.
>>
>>5703336
again, what articulation would it hinder?

adn the flap would be as thin as the plastic anywhere else on the figure.
>>
>>5702797
>Ultimate Weapon
What? I went and watched that episode to remember what it was about and WTF. There's 20 minutes of random shit, then Rodimus Period goes "oh, if you had a super weapon you would've used it already, the end."
>>
File: ovrkill.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
ovrkill.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>5703308
>A repaint of Cruellock for Overkill
Whats wrong with Universe Overkill?
>>
>>5703346
holy shit that exists? Bless you anon I had no idea, gonna fucking find one right now
>>
>>5703032
Why did you break the penguin?
>>
>>5703342
Obviously it will affect knee articulation. Don't know how to make that any more clear.

And yes it would be thin, but before your dumb idea the lower leg is one piece which means more solid. You want to add pins to this thin plastic. You know it will cause qc problems.
>>
File: 1433364015822.gif (674KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
1433364015822.gif
674KB, 245x180px
>>5703264
>he doesn't have x-ray vision
>>
>>5703367
you never explained how it would affect the knee articulation.

>>5703370
10 more years of virginity and i might get that.
>>
>>5703374
Please stop posting.
>>
>>5703374
"Hey this open space allows a lot more freedom for the knee to bend!"
>fold chunk of plastic to fill in the empty space
"Well there goes that freedom"
>>
>>5703346
30$ is a bit harsh for a deluxe, but fuck it grabbed one anyway, love Soundwaves gang
>>
>>5703191

Ok, then you didn't understand, I see.

Very simple. If the average wanker on the street can name them, they're not literal who's.
>>
>>5703404
So by that logic, titans return could have been filled with any character, including the og headmasters.
>>
>>5703404
There would be Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Arcee, Prowl, Jazz, Ratchet, Megatron, Starscream, Devastator, and maybe Hot Rod/that guy who killed Optimus
>>
>>5703346
Nothing's wrong with him, I just forgot he existed. If I see him for non-rape prices I might pick him up though.
>>
>>5703429
yeah, the whole 30$ thing is starting to sink into regret lol I just impulsed cuz I'm a huge fan of the soundwave crew

unfortunately I grabbed him off ebay so no canceling the order, ah well
>>
>>5703430
Keep it in dino mode forever and it might be worth it.
>>
>>5703430
oh wait apparently you can, so I just filed for a cancellation, hopefully the dude is cool about it.

I'll have to keep watch on that figure though

>>5703433
that was my intention anyway, the robot mode is kinda crap and Overkill never had one
>>
File: Photo May 30, 11 49 51 PM.jpg (154KB, 1305x979px) Image search: [Google]
Photo May 30, 11 49 51 PM.jpg
154KB, 1305x979px
>>5703027
i would have LOVED for this guy to be a Transformer

the popular fan name for him seems to be Switchblade, after the MASK vehicle that was also a helicopter/jet. I think it fits him

his kibble reminds me of a popped collar and a cape. He's like a vampire with shiv
>>
File: overkill 004 (Large).jpg (52KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
overkill 004 (Large).jpg
52KB, 576x768px
>>
File: overkill 005 (Large).jpg (90KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
overkill 005 (Large).jpg
90KB, 1024x768px
>>5703442
>>
File: mindwipe_018.jpg (124KB, 800x915px) Image search: [Google]
mindwipe_018.jpg
124KB, 800x915px
>>5703435
>He's like a vampire with a shiv

why not two??
>>
>>5703423
>Optimus Prime, Bumblebee
The Bayverse versions, not G1

>Arcee
The Prime version if you're lucky

>Prowl
The guy who hasn't even gotten a nameslap TV/Movie appearance in 8 years is a literal who

>Jazz, Ratchet,
Bayverse versions, remembered only for their deaths

>Megatron, Starscream,
Bayverse versions.

>Devastator
Yeah, the ROTF version if you're lucky

>Hot Rod
>implying schmoes will remember a character who hasn't been relevant since 1986

I don't know TFdrones insist on inflating the cultural footprint of the Sunbow cartoon. Normies don't give a shit about G1, their only real experiences will boil down to Bayverse and Aligned media.
>>
>>5703451
If you haven't noticed, most Transformers references in pop culture are based on G1
>>
File: ReadingTime.jpg (92KB, 437x402px) Image search: [Google]
ReadingTime.jpg
92KB, 437x402px
>>5703451

Exactly. Those are names that people will recognize. You think anyones gonna recognize Tarn? Kaon? Etc.

To get back to the original point, Hasbro makes tons of "Who's?" no one recognizes except people who have paid attention to the franchise in several iterations. And 3P's cover even more "Who's?".

Which is why the DJD is being made by a 3P and not Hasbro, because they're "Who's" that no one is going to recognize except people who read the comics, which is a pretty small subset despite it's best selling status.
>>
>>5703352
TWO Overkills exist using the classic Grimlock mold.
>>
>>5703455
>most Transformers references in pop culture are based on G1
Show me a pop culture reference in mainstream (i.e. not "nerdy" or anime) non-Transformers, non-Hasbro production that references G1 Prowl, G1 Jazz, G1 Devastator, or G1 Hot Rod.

Protip: You can't.
>>
>>5703475
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0-kTOu0tQ
>>
>>5703475
Simpsons, scrubs, family guy, assassin's creed, supernatural, etc. There are many more but that's just off the top of my head.

I hate g1 but it was the first and had the biggest impact until the movies.

It's just like power rangers. MMPR sucked, but it's famous for what took over.
>>
>>5703479
>Robot Chicken
>an Adult Swim show for retarded stoners that airs on Cartoon network
>"mainstream"

Well meme'd

>>5703486
Don't namedrop, be specific.
>>
>>5703494
>Cartoon network
>Not mainstream as fuck

What the fuck are you defining mainstream as then? Because there are
>>
>>5703486
>family guy
Seconded. Family Guy is pleb: the show.
>>
>>5703451
this guy gets it
>>
File: th.jpg (10KB, 254x169px) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
10KB, 254x169px
>>5703494
>>
>>5703494
Not that guy but Robot Chicken is pretty damn mainstream, what are you on about?
>Family Guy shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1n0SVjZ_d8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlP0_cuEEI8
>>
>>5703331

definitely getting the Leader.
>>
>the worst figure you've ever owned
What's her name, /tfg/?
>>
>>5703514
then just go for the new guys, they're looking to be pretty decent
>>
File: fabratchet.gif (91KB, 550x497px) Image search: [Google]
fabratchet.gif
91KB, 550x497px
>>5703517
FAB Ratchet. the seller included him for free without me knowing.

im sure he meant well, but i want it out of my house
>>
File: received_10209019411620967.jpg (19KB, 420x262px) Image search: [Google]
received_10209019411620967.jpg
19KB, 420x262px
>>5703494
>be specific.

>simpsons
At least one couch gag where each member of the family is a transformer.

>scrubs
JD and Turk painted a mural of g1 toy optimus fighting g1 toon megs in a babys room

>family guy
Optimus being a jew, stewie playing with starscream, and many more

>assassins creed
Pic related

>supernatural
Sam got metatron confused with megatron when metatron character was first mentioned and Dean corrected him.
>>
>>5703511
It would be far more convincing if you could link something other than toonshit and clayshit, pleb.
>>
>>5703517
hmmm...

hard to say, lots of the beast machines toys were pretty weird and crap, plus I also had a few of those mutants from beast wars that were only two animals, but at least they were really poseable and had play value

I guess just off the top of my head I'm most recently disappointed with AOE Slash

All the other AOE dinobots (aside from grimlock) are pretty sweat and have an awesome knights meets transmetal 2 vibe, but Slash has zero fucking posability in robot mode, but his dino mode is pretty sweet

Also Windblade is a huge let down since neither mode will stay solid, robot falls over, jet falls apart. Sad that I'm gonna replace a generations toy with a RID one
>>
>>5703526
Reread >>5703475
>that references G1 Prowl, G1 Jazz, G1 Devastator, or G1 Hot Rod.
>>
>>5703534
Then the simpsons. I believe it was Bart that had Jazz as a body. It was one of the kids.
>>
>>5703530
You mean you won't accept family guy? A fucking huge and popular show amongst more than just the nerd culture?
>>
>>5703536
That guy isn't going to accept anything that proves him wrong, all of you are wasting your time.
>>
>>5703517
Toyworld's TWD-01 Roar.

80 quid for a QC issue ridden, poorly-toleranced piece of crap that breaks like paper-thing glass.

Probably not the actual; 'worst' objectively, but price-to-crappiness ratio? fucking wew lad.
>>
>>5703517
I'm only keeping it for the day I get good enough at customs to turn it into an Obsidian that turns into a dragonhawk.
Oddly enough, his bio makes him sound a little like Obsidian.
>>
>>5703543
You must buy only the most highly recommended of figures.
>>
new thread

>>5703574
>>5703574
>>5703574
>>5703574
>>
>>5703517
Springer.
>>
File: UsedTamponformer.jpg (1MB, 1829x2041px) Image search: [Google]
UsedTamponformer.jpg
1MB, 1829x2041px
>>5703517

CW Scattershot. Only got him because it was "Buy Onslaught for $40, or buy Onslaught+Scattershot for $40".

This shit is just disgusting.
>>
>>5703645
>Hasbro's 'effort'
>>
>>5702434
wow really? WFC/FOC was fucking great.
>>
File: 1427210722195.gif (446KB, 280x153px) Image search: [Google]
1427210722195.gif
446KB, 280x153px
>>5703654
>>
>>5703654
Good games, but FoC's Optimus Prime looked worse than Steroidemous Prime.
>>
File: cheetorrm.jpg (48KB, 580x448px) Image search: [Google]
cheetorrm.jpg
48KB, 580x448px
>>5703517
bm mega cheetor
>>
>>5703386
i got my Overkill at Marshall's some years ago for $15 US. i think others here did, too, along with Classics Mirage repainted into Drag Strip and the Dlx sized Megatron-tank done in silver instead of G2 style green.
>>
File: DSC_0008 (Medium).jpg (200KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0008 (Medium).jpg
200KB, 1366x768px
Picked these two up at a con for $10 and $5. I ended up finding a more complete Dreadwing for $10 but decided against it. I probably fucked up.
>>
>>5702873

I'm 28 years old, I've watched many hundreds of movies, this remains the only one that's made me cry.
>>
>>5703964
shiiit remember i got that barricade through a trade with some crappy mcdonalds toys, was worth it
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.