[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General /edhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 400
Thread images: 70

File: 47273_200w.jpg (27KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
47273_200w.jpg
27KB, 200x285px
Previous: >>55367556

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

Thread Question: What reputation does each player in your play group have?
>>
>1) Really good deckbuilder, a bit too competitive, prone to telling people their decks are shit.
>2) Newb, no idea how things work, will occasionally cheat and claim it was an accident if caught.
>3) The Girl; plays only merfolk and fairies. Guays and Nielsens. Little bit crazy, fun player to be around.
>4) All green all the time. Ramps like crazy, literally cannot stop ramping. Plays Helix Pinnacle.
>5) "No guys I swear I didn't put a proxied Mana Drain in this :^)" Fuck this guy, but no one else cares.
>6) Flavor over function. Picks a lot of tribal decks, gets frustrated easily, shares lore which we appreciate.
>7) Me. I like infinite combos or slapping people out of the game early, I get ganged up on a lot which I appreciate.
>>
>>55377468
>What reputation does each player in your play group have?

>The Alpha Player
Regarded as almost always winning. Usually actually puts up a fight before dying due to being automatic archenemy

>The Beta Player
Decent at lurking, usually ultimately wins after Alpha goes down, very skilled

>The Stone Wall
Never attacks, even when piloting a midrange deck. Petrified of interaction, the only exception to the lack of touching anyone is an extreme vengeful streak.

>Lolrandumb
Idles or acts in no discernable pattern. Mostly the aggro, and attacks blindly. Doesn't run Ruhan, but basically IS Ruhan

>The New Player
Likes smashing, bad at threat assessment, doesn't have a lot of experience

>The Schemer
A sometimes player, not very good at playing Magic but frightening at playing the table. Always wants to cut a deal and always backstabs them the moment it's profitable yet players other than Alpha and Beta always fall for it.
>>
>>55377468
>No edition
So close and yet so far.
>>
>>55377340
There's nothing wrong with having competitive decks, it's just a matter of having the right power level of deck for the table. If you look around and see a bunch of janky timmy legendaries, you should pull out a "for fun" deck. Eventually, most players will crave something stronger, and might even get a competitive table going. And it's good to have something to pull out for arrogant cunts.

>>55377423
Hand shaking gets old especially in multiplayer, but to not even talk outside of games is ridiculous. I hope you don't give up on LGSs. I've met so many awesome people at mine.
>>
>>55377731
>Being this much of a sperg.
>>
File: axisofmortality.jpg (32KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
axisofmortality.jpg
32KB, 265x370px
Who /brews/ here?
>>
File: images (5).jpg (11KB, 471x312px) Image search: [Google]
images (5).jpg
11KB, 471x312px
>>55377864
Going in my derevi stax for sure. Not only do you have no lands or permannets and they never untap but if by some chance you get ahead ill just swap my life total with yours GG now you have to deal 80 damage to me with no lands or creatures. Its soliraire but now takes twice as long and its tutorable
>>
>>55377864
Another fun toy for Selenia Lich.
>>
How good is nazahn and a fair number of equips?
>>
>>55378006
Add blue and go rafiq, he can pull off bullshit t5 commander damage kills
>>
>>55377864
That's just an awesome card. Original, powerful, and nice art aswell.
>>
>>55378046
He seems really strong, but he doesn't have the on demand hammer of nazahn that makes the other equips work so nicely.
Should I build him differently if I choose him?
>>
>>55378170
Buy the time equipkitty comes out you really want to be searching for game winning equipment, not the hammer, seems like a common trap

(Captcha was select the hammers, not sure what to feel)
>>
>>55378377
Alright good to know, guess I'll focus stacking damage and supporting the commander.
Might end up using equipkitty anyways once I gauge how competitive these people are.
>>
>thread question
richfag, constantly flaunts his Atraxa superfriends deck

Red player, doesn't have a non-red deck. fun to play with

Black player, almost exclusively uses zombie themed decks. good player, gets mad if he gets comboed off the table

Dragon player, ran 5 color dragons since scion was released and refuses to use a different deck, almost always loses because he never gets all his land drops

Blue player (me), only non-blue I have is an edited vamp precon. Have soft-control fun decks and hard-control cancer decks if I feel vindictive.

Voltron player, changes commander weekly to see which commander is the strongest, tryhard
>>
File: MAXIMUM_OVERMEME.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM_OVERMEME.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>55377468
There's only a few of us, but we all have our thing.
>"Why can't I hold all this value?" - Probably the most skilled player in the group. Has assloads of decks, most of which are helmed by really strong commanders like Narset, Karador, and Animar. Despite this, he tends to build where his decks aren't unfun to play against, but they're still pretty powerful. Helps other people with their decks, though he usually starts by telling them every shit card that could go and runs with it from there.
>"YOU GUYS CAN'T KILL ME IF I KILL MYSELF FIRST" - Our resident B/R player, if that wasn't obvious enough. The kind of guy who will Hatred his attacking Zurgo for 30 because fuck you, that's why. Plays Zurgo, Sheoldred, Krenko, and some other stuff. Known to just wreck shit if left unchecked generally, and from time to time will manage turn 4 and even turn 3 blowout kills.
>"So I just bought my commander in foil..." - Me. I'm a huge sucker for shiny pieces of cardboard. As far as deckbuilding goes I'm all over the place though, with decks ranging from OG Kozilek turbo ramp to Hanna Enduring Ideal jank to Gaddock Teeg and his legion of hate. I'm a fan of crazy interactions and building Rube Goldberg boardstates that leave people half impressed and half spooked out of their minds. I'm real good at becoming the archenemy out of nowhere.
>>
File: tumblr_luzaboLDuh1qkt4uxo1_500.gif (418KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_luzaboLDuh1qkt4uxo1_500.gif
418KB, 500x375px
MFW got Draconic Domination brand new for 40 bucks with free S/H . Did I do good /edhg/ ?

what other edh precons are worth getting , is the Commander Anthology any good ?
>>
>>55378662
ya 40 bucks is pretty good, will probably drop after the restock in october though
>>
File: 40.jpg (350KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
40.jpg
350KB, 672x936px
Is it just me or is this card really underrated? All the other offerings in the cycle are effectively "get something, give the same thing to an opponent" but this one is "remove something, then let an opponent remove something". It's a 4-for-1 in most cases.
>>
>>55378592
Yes.
>>
>>55378685
its ok on ramp , would like to see a textless ver.
>>
>>55378685
It is.
>>
>>55378722
I don't think the card is well known enough that everyone knows what it does by name alone.
>>
File: false cure.jpg (26KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
false cure.jpg
26KB, 223x310px
>>55378592
Yes.
>>
File: 131 (1).jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
131 (1).jpg
79KB, 312x445px
Nothing funnier than this card when playing against green or tutor fetishists.
>>
>>55378815
In limited doses, I feel liek that could actually help me a bit, but I see your point.
>>
>>55377468
>Thread Question
>League Group
Me: Guy that lives pretty far away, plays Tim decks but thinks he's a spike.
Judge Guy: Knows the game so well that loop holes are basically his decks.
Angel Guy: Plays Angels (and cats), quiet yet a textbook on magic too.
Izzet Guy: Plays Niv and is general coolbro.
Store-Owner Guy: Literally has access to every card he needs, still makes fun and fair decks.
Loud Guy: Plays expensive as fuck decks, keeps 1 land hands.
Ex-Yugioh Guy 1: Plays combo decks, is salty about infinite combos though.
Ex-Yugioh Guy 2: Plays combo and control decks, on the Amonkhet God meme train.
Omniscience Guy: Plays absolute cancer

>One-Ban and Others Group
Me: Guy that plays Gifts in Tasigur Lands
B-Braids Guy: Plays Black Braids, fuck him.
Maralen Guy: Plays Maralen Dream, it's okay.
Golgari PrimeTime Guy: Turn 2 PrimeTime, 80% of the time.
Asian Guy: Plays and makes incredibly fun decks to play against, and then ruins them with infect.
Beard Guy: Plays from time to time, plays precons with minor upgrades
Weeb Guy: Low Key investor, always asks if I'm getting rid of my EXP Godless Shrine.
>>
>>55378842
It fucks with fetches too.
>>
So I picked up Horobi Death's Wail from recommendation of a previous thread.

Shit's 10/10.

>>55378880
fuq.

*Me: Guy that lives pretty far away, plays Johnny decks but thinks he's a spike.
>>
>>55378633
>same wincon every time guy - always wins with a ramp + tutor + tooth and nail + palincron + deadeye nav or ezuri ramp and wont build any other way, plays elves in modern and legacy
>mr "fair combo" tries to win as fast as possible (can be turn 4 can be turn 20) but never uses an infinite so he says he at least has to work for his combos, notorius for storm decks at the shop and plays it in modern, legacy, edh, and any time its usable in standard like with the jeskai ascendancy thing
>blue guy - me, I like delver and UW control and play them in any format theyre usable, really miss miracles also refuse to use infinite combos and never tutor for combo pieces

thankfully were all compitent players so the games are always fun even if I cant hold off the two fuckers from jacking off on the table, last resort is my chaos deck so everyone has a random chance at winning
>>
>>55378902
How does a Horobi deck even win? General Mono-Black BS like Gary and Exsanguinate?
>>
>>55377468
>Ramp/Tribal Guy
Every deck he builds includes green, and has at least one tribal subtheme, if not the main theme. He's pretty chill, and while the nature of ramp can allow his deck to snowball out of nowhere, it's usually pretty entertaining when he wins. Never a sore loser or a sore winner.

>Myself; Control Guy
Almost every deck I run includes blue. The others look at my untapped lands/rocks before making plays - they've grown to expect counterspells/removal, and enjoy trying to bait/play around them. People tend to overestimate my boards due to the time I spent with an Animar deck in the past. I've tried running jankier commanders, but they assume that I'm going to do something ridiculous and focus me as soon as I get them out - even after the thing is dead - so I've been switching to goodstuff and stax.

>Red Guy
He always plays red. He denies it, but I've never seen him play a deck without red. He looks at Tribal Guy as being inferior and less-intelligent because he plays "Timmy cards", but most of his decks involve pumping out tokens and dropping mass buffs. He can be both a sore loser and a sore winner, but he's been getting better about it. Although the oldest of us, he acts the youngest.
>>
File: deathgorgescavenger.jpg (41KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
deathgorgescavenger.jpg
41KB, 265x370px
Low key awesome in Gishath Commander?
>>
>>55378985
Ehhhh. It's too low-impact as a Dino, and there are better grave hate cards.
>>
>>55378945
The guy is probably running black Iname mass reanimator, Kuro+Horobi means no one gets to keep targetable and destructible creatures for as long as both are out.
>>
>>55378985
Also shits in mairsil's cage
>>
>>55378985
I'll take all the fun gravehate I can get. Relics bore me.
>>
>>55378699
>>55378814
That seems really good with Sanguine Bond/Exquisite Blood
>>
File: 1498710798133.jpg (30KB, 600x753px) Image search: [Google]
1498710798133.jpg
30KB, 600x753px
>>55378633
>sucker for shiny pieces of cardboard
>as far as deckbuilding goes I'm all over the place
>fan of crazy interactions and building Rube Goldberg boardstates
>good at becoming archenemy out of nowhere
Holy fuck are you me?
>>
File: tainted remedy.png (113KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
tainted remedy.png
113KB, 223x311px
>>55379134
False Cure is a little rough, as it affects you as well as your opponents. Pic is a little safer. I'm probably going to end up running both in Licia when I get around to making that deck.
>>
>>55378633
I'm the biggest bitch, but I make people laugh. Casual as fuck, but has to play control to keep up.
My friend plays strong decks badly and has lost games with Omniscience out.
My other friend has hellbent and losing or unstoppably winning, no real in between.
My last friend is a saltmine who has a penchant for enchantress and other explosive decks.
>>
>>55379215
Yeah I run Bond/Blood in Kambal and need to find some way to squeeze Remedy in as well.
>>
>>55377468
>Guy who never goes to EDH night because he works nights
>Goldfish
>>
>>55378685
I wish I could run it in commander, but I keep slotting my copies into 60 card semi-casual.
>>
>>55377468
ME: From what I can gather, the mediocre player who is always down to play and has WAY to many decks
ROOMMATE: The player who will give up a game winning play in order to do something fun (or "fun")
THE RICH GUY: Not actually rich, but he drops the most money on foils and promos. Literally only plays EDH and will take apart a deck if the group thinks its to strong.
RICH DUDES GF: Plays the decks that her bf builds, is only happy when she's winning, will scoop if she gets annoyed enough. Pays attention to what's happening the least, but tbf she has to watch her kids
THE OG: Older lady who played back in the early 90s, stopped and got back in recently. Is often underestimated when it comes to good plays
OG's KID: Preteen who mostly just watches us play or sits on his phone. When he does play, he needs help in order to keep pace.

Special mention to
THE VISITOR: Dude who goes through periods of constant attendance and complete absence. Doesn't drive so that would explain it. Plays mostly exclusively hardcore cEDH decks.
THE OLD FRIEND: One of the original members of the group who moved away to a nearby city and despite the fact that he has a car can't be bothered to COME TO THE FUCKING GAME NIGHT YOU FUCK. Mostly plays fun yet powerful decks.
>>
>>55377468
>Thread Question: What reputation does each player in your play group have?

>Salty as fuck guy who makes god awful "tribal" decks out of types that don't actually have tribal support. Mad when his garbage decks lose.

>Salty goblin guy. Decks are decent, some pseudo-net decking. Board wipes piss him off.

>Johnny-incarnate. Plays only what he wants, which, in most cases, is your own spells, also mill. Generally fun to play against.

>Dumb ass. Started playing because he wanted to play with us, and it's nice to have him around some times, and I personally don't mind helping him out. But he will never actually learn anything about Magic. Kitchen table games with normal decks, his will usually have 84 cards in.

>Myself. I don't know. I guess I'm autistic for card games. I'm just glad my friends have fun with this hobby that was pressed on me when I was in second grade.
>>
>>55379178
I mean, do you like making the stack your bitch? Because if so, hell, maybe.
>>
>>55379464
Fuck ... truly a kindred spirit. Well met, Me.
>>
>>55377468

>The Net Decker
Plays cancer combos in a casual playgroup. Gets pissed when called out on it

>The Elitist
Goes stoic while losing. Turns smug and becomes full of himself when he counters someone

>The Ramp-aholic
Plays big monsters and is super laid back

>The Newb
Plays Voltron and is humble when he loses

>The Tribalist
Only plays themed decks. Is me
>>
>>55379615
would fug the last one
>>
>>55377468
Just got together an edh group on my floor, composed of a few people who learned in high school and a newbie we conscripted

>Me: The most experienced of the bunch, played for years until i realized i could sell out of legacy to build a gaming rig. Playing a pretty garbage Hanna deck I had lying around. I often become archenemy just by sheer experience, and end up pulling tons of punches.

>Thing 1: Chick who upgraded a DTK precon into Atarka World Render semi-aggro. Pretty much just plays dudes and hits everyone. Loves nothing more than landing Berserker's Onslaught.

>Thing 2: A bit more experienced. Plays Pharika. Never attacks anyone until she can kill us all at once, will do anything to prevent to protect her life total. Super innocent in real life. Sometimes acts like a cat, which is less cringy than it sounds.

>The other experienced kid: Occasionally borrows my Melek spellslinger deck but mostly sticks to Shadowverse and FoW, despite insisting that anime is garbage. He isn't wrong.

>The newbie: Converted my BFZ precon to Kruphix and let him have it since he enjoyed it the most of my 60-card decks. Only prior experience is Hearthstone but he seems to be enjoying it so far.

These are good feels. Hanging out late at night on the common room floor just cracking jokes and being dumb. I loved being competitive and I still keep up with the Legacy scene, but I wouldn't trade this for the world.
>>
>>55379702
>until i realized i could sell out of legacy to build a gaming rig.
So its like standard but you need to upgrade your video cards every 3 months for $3200
Well played
>>
File: turbo doubt.jpg (111KB, 584x552px) Image search: [Google]
turbo doubt.jpg
111KB, 584x552px
>>55379767
>upgrade your video cards every 3 months
>>
>>55379579
Just out of curiosity, what decks do you run? I'm wondering if you've managed to get around to anything I've wanted to build but never got around to.
>>
File: Gids.png (87KB, 150x216px) Image search: [Google]
Gids.png
87KB, 150x216px
>>55377864
>Necropotence
>>
File: 75236finalfantasyx.png (221KB, 423x600px) Image search: [Google]
75236finalfantasyx.png
221KB, 423x600px
>>55379889
Fuck that's mean
>>
File: Jank.png (204KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
Jank.png
204KB, 400x200px
>>55379899
>Phyrexian Unlife
>>
File: IMG_2924.jpg (80KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2924.jpg
80KB, 640x462px
>>55379889
damn, imagine the return of Zur if he was able to fetch axis for you too.
>>
File: Omae_wa_mou_shindeiru.png (942KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Omae_wa_mou_shindeiru.png
942KB, 1600x1000px
>>55379924
That's even meaner, god I love Unlife.
>>
Post some spicy stax/tax/punishment cards.
>>
Should I use my Necropotence in Scarab God or Edgar? Scarab has Gary for it to be nice with.
>>
>>55380083
Both, Gary is God.
>>
>>55380083
Woops misread that..as for necropotence I'd probably put it in edgar, since you most likely have more lifelink vampires to offset the lost life.
>>
>>55380091
Only got 1 Necro currently though and I don't like proxying
>>
>>55377864
get into my kambal son

the best part is that you don't have to be either of the 2 players swapping life totals. you can be political as FUC with this
>>
Grixisfag here. How do I creatures? I'm trying to branch out, maybe try something GW, but I don't know where to start.
>>
Anyone got some spicy tech for Grouphug/Gaykings edh?
>>
>>55380104
Scarab for starters, but I would also get it for Edgar. It's definitely a staple
>>
File: ggg.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
ggg.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>55380020
Congratulations. Your Sol Ring pays for itself.
>>
>>55380234
I run that, and in more artifact-heavy decks I run Aura Flux.
>>
>>55379840
Bosh, Iron Golem (Artifact sillyshit)
Wort, the Raidmother (R/G Spellslinger)
Saskia the Unyielding (Shadowborn Apostles)
Rafiq of the Many (Exalted nostalgia)
Mizzix of the Izmagnus (U/R sorta-storm-sorta-spellslinger)
Selvala, Heart of the Wilds (Big Green Timmyshit)
Kozilek, the Great Distortion (Rocks and Eldrazi)
Sram, Senior Edificer (Mountains of cheap equipment)
Sliver Overlord (Slivers)
Cho-Manno, Revolutionary (Stax 'n' taxes Barren Glory win condition)

That's the current stuff I rotate through at game nights anyway
>>
>>55377468
1) Mainly white colored and takes 20 minute turns that everyone hates waiting for
2) Mainly red gotta run optimized decks and don't stop my main theme or I'll target you the entire game
3) Me, who doesn't care about the board state and just plays fun spells and flunges whenever he attacks because why do the math first when the opponent is going to think how I'd do damage assigning anyways.
>>
File: unnamed (1).gif (378KB, 439x335px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).gif
378KB, 439x335px
>>55380234
Mycosynth lattice
>let the games begin
>>
File: whirlpool-rider-cropped.jpg (129KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
whirlpool-rider-cropped.jpg
129KB, 464x664px
Any Brago tech you folks really love?
Pet stuff or otherwise.
>>
>>55380304
Pretty solid taste in my book. Slivers is actually on my to-do list currently. Barren Glory Cho-Manno sounds dank as hell though, you got a list for that shit?
>>
>>55380376
Admonition Angel
Ancestral Knowledge
Glen Elandra Archmage
River Kelpie
>>
File: Fun Tech.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Fun Tech.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>55380221
I put this in every Group-hug deck with the proper colors. Either stops others from getting out of control or lets things get crazy. Either way It's always fun.
>>
>>55377468
>The Combo Guy
Never had to design a deck on his own and takes 5 min turns to do anything. If his combo is disrupted, he has to start from point A again.
>The Anti-Control
Cool guy otherwise, but spends a lot of time complaining about how "broken" blue is as a color. Ironically uses blue and doesn't mind when he's winning.
>The Master
Spent nearly 20 years playing and has a ridiculous catalogue of cards. Also build janky decks and tries to figure out the best way to exploit them while attaining maximum value.
>The part-timer
doesn't show up all that often and sometimes forgets her deck. Also has only 1 viable deck that does okay, but seldom wins against anything.
>The Durdle
Spends most of the game chilling and letting everyone do their thing. When nobody anticipates it, he goes off and cleans house.
>Me
Gets salty about being focused by the board despite not being a threat, builds silly stuff (Cats, Phenax Mill, Zur, Merfolk, etc) that can generate threats with the right tools. Despite being a "one-trick pony", includes tons of utility to get around board disruption and threats.
>>
>>55380586
Make sure you follow up with one of the Epic spells.
>>
>>55380104
Don't you only need one?
>>
>>55380461
Yee boi

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/delay-n-pray/
>>
>>55377468

1) Climactic Deck Builder that sticks to a theme or idea no matter how obscure, loves tribes and straightforwardness.

2) Control/Combo Player that pushed for powercreep in the group while becoming the most pay2win player

3) The Pacifist who could have won the game three times over every game but instead passes turn while you brace yourself for nothing.

4) The Borrower doesn't have play his one and only deck much, he can pick up whatever fits at the table and be content.
>>
>>55380608
No, if I want 1 in 2 decks?
>>
>>55380721
Are you going to play them both at the same time?
>>
where can I get a good augustine stax netdeck?
>>
>>55380771
netdecks are on tappedout
>>
R8 my MLD deck!

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-09-17-apocalypse-now/
>>
>>55380777
I dont want some fuckin dorks brew, I want a deck thats got some backing and I cant use mtgtop8 cause those are all 1v1 decks
>>
>>55380820
>I dont want some fuckin dorks brew
Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>55380820
now that's a faggot post
>>
>>55380820
Holy fuck, neck yourself
>>
File: 1495841983725.jpg (232KB, 554x548px) Image search: [Google]
1495841983725.jpg
232KB, 554x548px
>>55380820
>asks for netdecks
>I don't want some fuckin dorks brew
You're an oxymoron.
>>
File: 1412067424843.png (504KB, 512x716px) Image search: [Google]
1412067424843.png
504KB, 512x716px
Need cut advice for Kruphix

Trying to not go full UG Goodstuff.dec, focusing on ramp and draw effects, and goofy stuff like X spells and flash.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/14-09-17-knowledge-is-power/
>>
>>55380671
>O-Ring Barren Glory, blow up the board, and laugh
I fucking love it. Nice to see Null Brooch being used somewhere besides colorless too, I really like that card.
>>
>>55380941
Nobody expects the Renounce/Sacred Rites at the end of someone else's turn either. It's a riot seeing people's eyes widen as they realize the implications as I clear my field and dump my hand.
Null Brooch is entertaining, people in my group tend to forget about it so it catches them by surprise
>>
File: Form of the Dragon_DRG.jpg (201KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Form of the Dragon_DRG.jpg
201KB, 672x936px
Quick question for shits and giggles: What's the stupidest, most rule bending deck you've ever talked your group into allowing? Doesn't have to be good at all, just amusing enough to bother posting.
I managed to talk my group into letting me use pic related just on the basis that I got to be my own commander. Never actually built it sadly, but I brewed and tested it and it was actually pretty fun. I also talked them into allowing Joven and Chandler as honorary Partners too, I bet they'd be fun with Mycoshit Lettuce.
>>
File: tamanoa-cropped (1).jpg (123KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
tamanoa-cropped (1).jpg
123KB, 464x664px
>>55381039
I'm using this guy/gal/thing as commander. If nobody bothers removing or countering it, I usually slap an indestructible keyword on it soon after casting. After that I tax everyone to the point where they can't tap lands for mana without dying or some such, and/or outright kill them with a giant fireball effect, all while breaking parity for myself with Tammy and sitting on a buttload of life. Glacial Chasm is amazing in this deck.
>>
>>55381039
I'm trying to talk my group into running nonlegendary commanders. Only one guy is opposed to it, and it's only because he can't fathom changing the rules in any way without it being some kind of excuse to do something, in his words, "OP and busted". The other two of us want to play Havengul Lich and Ankle Shanker.
>>
File: wut.jpg (9KB, 543x271px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
9KB, 543x271px
>>55381238
>using non legendares as commanders
shiggy diggy
>>
File: DBN.jpg (274KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
DBN.jpg
274KB, 672x936px
>>55381039
I used to run this thing as my commander before I took out the black and the evasion stuff and started using Rith.
>>
File: sharuum.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
sharuum.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
whats so hot about this chick as an artifact commander? her ability is only usable once so why is she apparently so liked?
>>
File: phyrexian metamorph.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
phyrexian metamorph.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
>>55381595
>only usable once
Sweet innocent child
>>
>>55381595
>her ability is only usable once
>in U/W colours
It's called "Flicker" my dude
>>
>use to know a high level judge
>have an important question to ask

man I shouldve kept contact
>>
>>55381595
>deck about sac and reanimation
>commander benefits from being sacced and reanimated
rly meks u th1nk
>>
>>55382039
Is this a general musing about life or do you have a specific question in mind?
>>
Thinking of building a Stax EDH deck, Might just go for a Teferi/Chain Veil sort of thing to be more flexible. Still, I prefer just not letting opponents play at all.

What's the equivalent of lantern control in EDH?
>>
whats a deck that doesn't win through combat damage or an infinite combo?
>>
>>55382543
Lab man
>>
>>55382543
let me tell you about test of endurance and mortal combat
>>
>>55382543
Felidar Sovereign, Near Death Experience, Approach of the Second Sun, Mechanized Production
>>
>>55382543
Biovisionary
>>
>>55382543
mizzix by ramping up with rituals/land untaps, cloning those spells, and then dumping the mana into a fireball or blue suns zenith
any cards that have specific "win the game" effects
burn
doing something crazy and making the enemy scoop
mill

those are all different ways to win you just gotta find a way to impliment them consistantly in edh
>>
>>55382543
If you're playing Atraxa and you like jank there's Azors Eluctors, Darksteel Reactor and Helix Pinnacle
>>
File: image.jpg (147KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147KB, 500x376px
>>55380820
Are you 12?
Your not allowed to be here.
AWAY WITH YOU!
>>
>>55382896
new season when
>>
What are the best colors for a curse deck, also commander suggestions?
>>
>>55382917
5c
>>
>>55382917
5c
Cromanticore for full enchantment memes.
>>
>>55378685
It's kinda shit, unless you can convince the other player that there are other threats to wreck they just choose the same tsrget
>>
>>55378662
I picked up a vampiric bloodlust for 30$ today
>>
>>55382927
What about new O-Kagachi cuz he is cursed to be aweful.
>>
>>55377468
I don't have a playgroup anymore, and the people I met at my LGSs don't seem like the type of people I'd enjoy playing with.
>>
>>55377468

I'm pretty new to this format and have a question.

If I use a colourless commander like Ramos the artifact dragon. Can I only use colourless cards in the rest of the deck?

I saw a deck tech around Ramos and they built the deck with cards from every colour.

So is having a colourless commander the same as having a commander with all five colours?
>>
>>55383127
Ramos has his activated ability with 5c
Therefore his color identity is 5c
>>
>>55383127
>>55383127
Ramos has manasymbols of all colors on his card, so his color identity is all colors. Another example is Tasigur, who only cost black mana, but because his ability costs blue and/or green, his color identity is black, green and blue.
>>
>>55383127
You copy paste this -> how to determine edh color identity <- into google and read
>>
>>55383139
>>55383145
Thanks!

>>55383150
I thought colour identity was just the mana cost to cast it. I tried searching for the colourless thing before asking but I apparently wasn't smart enough to find what I was looking for
>>
File: 144.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
144.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>55382935
still weird that it isn't legendary.
>>
>>55383204
Wait the fuck, it isnt?
Guess it's too long a typeline.
>>
>>55383175
no color identity is any colors that appear on the card

so if a card is red but it has an ability that costs green mana to cast its a R/G creature
eldrazi cards that say "this card is colorless" are still considered the color they use

the only acceptions are cards like blind obedience since it doesnt actually have a color "on" the card just on the rules text for the extort ability meaning mono white can use that card
>>
>>55383227
forgot about flip cards, those count as both colors like the w/r avacyn

same with hybrid mana
>>
>>55383227
>any colors that appear on the card
Except reminder text.
>>
File: sen-triplets.jpg (144KB, 464x664px) Image search: [Google]
sen-triplets.jpg
144KB, 464x664px
>>55383221
I'd say even with legendary added sen triplets' would still be longer.
>>
>>55383253
yeah thats what I meant with extort I just blanked on the correct terminology
>>
>>55380159
Hatebears my dude. Tutor the appropriate ones for the situation, slap some equipment on them so they can compete with big guys, and go to town.
>>
>>55383204
>>55383221
>>55383263
They chose to make only the gods be Legendary Enchantment creatures.
>>
>>55382896
>your
>>
I want to build Allies. Any thing that isn't an ally or clearly tribal that I might have forgotten?
>>
>>55382896
Fucking hell read that in his voice
>>
whats some spicy tech for trostani?
>>
Picked up the cat deck yesterday before league. Shit was really fun except for the game I had to play against Nekusar FUUUUUUUUCK that card
>>
>>55383681
The generic all-tribe tribal effects like Mana Echoes, Shared Animosity, Coat of Arms, Patriarch's Bidding and so forth are always good to check on.
>>
>>55383775
Phyrexian Processor is pretty well known, but it is fun.

Personally, I like Parallel Evolution as a second Second Harvest.
>>
why isnt there a commander masters set that just reprints shit commander needs like doubling season, mana crypt, and other shit? does WotC think commander players are so spoiled by the commander products they wont shell out tons of money on it?
>>
>>55383386
They chose wrong
>>
>>55383860
The idea has been floated on MaRo's blog before and he asked for people to show public support for it. That could translate to him trying to swing the idea with the executives and needing numbers showing there would be enough people willing to buy it that it would be more profitable than just printing the Commander decks as per usual.
>>
>>55383263
Does grand abolisher counteract triplets ability?
What about spirit of the hearth?
>>
>>55384005
Grand Abolisher doesn't because he only stops activated abilties. Sen Triplets' ability is a triggered ability. Spirit of the Hearth keeps you from being targeted though.
>>
>>55383967
i guess that makes sense, still think it would sell like crazy think of all the shit like sen triplets or skittles or rhy that need to be reprinted. there are so many just random commander staples out there that are worth a ton of money that would get people in by the hoards
>>
File: spooky dog.jpg (158KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
spooky dog.jpg
158KB, 960x960px
>rishkars expertise into traverse the outlands for free

its the simple things in life that make me happy
>>
>>55384226
Imagine the drafting if sol ring gets printed as a uncommon/common
>>
>>55377468
I play bad decks in a cutthroat fashion and dont shy away from using cards like winter orb or those mean old counterspells what kind of fag complains about counters
we got mr moneybags who foils out his decks that are extremely predictable probably because he net decks his edh decks
then we have a guy who will play powerful commanders but only use cards worth less than 2 dollars, his decks are really good
then we have a new girl who likes tribal and a guy who plays good stuff and has a MASSIVE collection so weird cards show up all the time
>>
>>55377864
I've got a whole janky deck built around swapping life totals, with Tainted Pact out this lets you kill off anyone with half as much life as anyone else.
>>
>>55384305
>sol ring printed at common
>now legal in pauper
jesus christ no
>>
>>55384284
Those expertise cards are underrated. I run Barals and Yaheeni's, and they're always blow outs. Yaheeni lets me pay 4 mana to wipe the board, and play ashnods, necropotence, or cabal ritual for free. Phyrexian Crusader is my personal favorite free play.
>>
>>55384433
not a huge fan of the black one but barrels and rishkars go into literally every deck i have with blue or green
>>
>>55384433
this assuming you can get yaheeni's to actually wipe the board
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-20-4/

can i get some feedback on this deck? i feel like it is too mana hungry at the moment but not sure what to cut out for more ramp or lower drop shit
>>
Is Azusa a necessity in Angry Omnath or can I get away with not running her? I wanna run a little budget since I already have an expensive deck or two.
>>
>>55384539
>a necessity in a non-competitive deck
no such thing
>>
>>55384494
I run things like Pestilence and massacre wurm, so it tends to work out more often than not. If you're really lucky you can pump your dudes and survive the onslaught. I mostly like it because it lets me cheese around complicated monoblack devotion if I get a good head start.
>>
>>55384539
She's a pretty big boost to any lands-based strategy. I can't remember the last time I managed to stick her in Gitrog and still lose, I imagine it would be fairly similar for Angry Omnath, or even more important. Just think of how much you can fuck with people with Strip Mine, Crucible, and Azusa and other permanent extra land drops.
>>
>>55384496
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-20-4/
>Emmara Tandris
i know you know this is a bad card so im not even going to point out why you should cut it
shes so cute
why she so suck?
>Oviya Pashiri, Sage Lifecrafter
this isnt a replacement for rhys
>Serra Avatar
do you really need this?
>Land (37)
>less than 10 ramp
fix that should be 35 lands 10 ramp unless you really think you need the other 2 lands, its possible just not likely
>>
>>55381595
>once
Yeah, the color combo with the access to most flicker shit and reanimation in the game sure is only going to see her trigger once.
>>
>>55383204
It's fun in Ramos charms jank.dec at least.
>>
>>55384579
Since I'm building him more casually, I actually don't run Strip Mine or Crucible (I do have Crucible snek and a few land sac cards though). Might just skip on her since I want to go more budget.
>>
>>55384675
You should be fine, but do get other extra drops, even symmetrical ones like Rites of Flourishing and Ghirapur Orrery, Mina and Denn, Exploration and Oracle of Mul Daya if you can justify the budget.
>>
What happens if a creature with double strike gains first strike?
Nothing?
>>
>>55384879
Nothing, yeah.
>>
>>55384906
Alright then.
>>
File: Image.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
Random EDH General time
step 1: you need to be ok building a new deck
step 2: go on edhrec.com/random/
step 3: build that deck no matter how shitty, how close it is to another deck or how much you hate the colors
ill go first

>Numot, the Devastator
i lucked out
may you be somewhere near as lucky
>>
File: freyalise.png (125KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
freyalise.png
125KB, 223x311px
>>55385326
Now all of you guys are gonna hate me for playing a PW Commander...
>>
File: Pavel.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Pavel.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>55385326
I rolled this magnificent bastard.

Gonna be back in a bit when I have a list on Tappedout
>>
>>55385326
>i lucked out

Did you notice the Volcanic Island in the lands?
>>
>>55385326
>Olivia
I never built BR, this should be fun. Just gotta find one now.
>>
>>55385326
Seizan, perverter of truth. I guess it's a combo of big black mana and mono black punisher cards + drains.
>>
>>55384154
Thanks
>>
File: Lu Su.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Lu Su.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>55385326
Honestly, {T}: Draw a card isn't the worst thing to have in the zone. Might try mono blue untap shenanigans.
Buying PTK cards certainly won't help my reputation as the resident weeb though.
>>
File: received_1680729498636168.jpg (101KB, 980x571px) Image search: [Google]
received_1680729498636168.jpg
101KB, 980x571px
>>55380918

>Have a tabletop game with a character named Kiora
>She's the game's halfling race

What the hell.
>>
>>55384791
Thanks for the advice. I've got Mul Daya already, and Exploration seems worth.
>>
>>55385390
>>55385326
It is done.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/one-punch-pavel/

Man it's nice to brew in thought experiment land, where I can ignore budget completely.
>>
>>55377468
1) Favorite deck is a mono W angels tribal based around lifegain. Needless to say, has 0 deck building skill, poor threat assessment, and cries about losing
2) esper control player. good deck builder, good player, good to bounce ideas off of but is also a dick
3) Has one deck: purphurous. Either wins or concedes by turn 7. Probably knows more about magic than the rest of us combined, but has a terrible habit of tearing apart decks after they lose once.
4) Me. I don't like to play the same game twice so I have 12 decks and growing, someone stop me
>>
>>55385816
>Thran Lens
You meant Thran Dynamo?
>>
>>55385854
... verily.
>>
File: Image (39).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (39).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>55385326
Saaave me
>>
>>55385956
Lol only 33 Griffins in monowhite, good luck
>>
>>55385395
>Did you notice the Volcanic Island in the lands?
you dont just copy/paste the deck
you actually have to build the deck dumbass
>>
>>55385853
Are you me? I have 16 decks I'm frequently revising, and 3 more in the works.
>>
>>55385390
awwwww yeah
>>
File: 1488256582331.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1488256582331.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>>55385326
Well fuck
>>
Is Valakut worth it in any deck that plays red assuming that you have some amount of Mountains above 5?
>>
>>55386057
This isn't the first time someone has posted something like this and often they prompt you to copy the list being used. Saying "that deck" makes it sound like you were doing the same.

Say "that commander" next time.
>>
>>55385326

> Mairsil, the Pretender

MR.JANK, OFF ME.
>>
>>55386161
Only worth in a landfall deck or monoR
>>
>>55385390
My brother?
The flight plan I just filed with the agency lists me, my men, Dr. Pavel here but only one of you!
>>
>>55386184
>step 3: build that deck
>not copy that deck
l2r
>>
File: 1488502441505.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
1488502441505.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>55386225
Forgot pic, i'm such a small guy
>>
>>55386234
Yeah, "that deck" is the issue there. The random page shows you a whole deck, not just the commander, so saying "that deck" instead of "that commander" gives it different connotations.
>>
>>55386057
>>55386234
Not going to lie, copying the list was my first interpretation too.
>>
File: zhang the hipster hero.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
zhang the hipster hero.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>55385326
Rerolled after finishing the last one, got this.

I thought I knew hipster commanders but he's only got two decks.

I... may brew something.
>>
File: Image1.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image1.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
>Join Cockatrice Commander lobby labeled "Competitive EDH"

>Load up Akiri / Kydele MLD

>Host loads up Breya

>Other guy loads up Atraxa

>Game starts

>I chain 5 mana rocks into each other by turn 3, play Akiri and Armageddon on turn 4

>Host: "What the fuck MLD?"

>"You said competitve edh..?"

>Host leaves the game

Well shit.
>>
>>55386417
He probably got a 100% Competitive rank from Tapped Out and figured that was good enough.
>>
File: IMG_3392.jpg (17KB, 640x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3392.jpg
17KB, 640x180px
I just wanted to have mairsil jank, what went wrong?
>>
File: IMG_3413.jpg (44KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3413.jpg
44KB, 223x310px
>>55385326
Oh boy
>>
File: Lin Sivvi.png (91KB, 800x322px) Image search: [Google]
Lin Sivvi.png
91KB, 800x322px
>>55386516
tappedout's competitive rankings.
>>
>>55386594
Jesus dude, how arent you banned from yor playgroup already with strong decks like this?
>>
>>55386516
Tappedout is borked. I think the most funny bit for me was when I updated the description of Mairsil and it jumped from about 80% casual to 100% Competitive.
>>
File: 1488792471993.jpg (146KB, 578x737px) Image search: [Google]
1488792471993.jpg
146KB, 578x737px
>Me (Edric and T&T Hulk)
Pretty big spike love assembling combos as fast as possible. Doesnt like long durdle fests but enjoys a good game.

>Best Friend (Sidisi reanimator, Child of Alara stuff, Sharuum combo)
Best example of a good sport. Will complain if things get too degenerate but usually just happy to hear that you watn to play game 2.

>Female Friend (Trostani lifegain)
She usually ends up winning more games just due to her high life total and we don't take her to seriously, though we really should. Good sport still pretty new.

>Casual Friend (Marath combo)
Even though he plays combo his beck is pretty janky but in the best way possible, but it almost never goes off. Ususally wins by Hoofing everyone after casting hornet queen.

>Stoner Friend (Zegana)
Smokes a bowl over every game (Im down with that) and just plays cause its fun. Usually rekts the table but drawing a dickton and having psychosis crawler out. Cool deck and cool dude.

>Room mate Friend
Very new and takes the shit pretty seriously. Gets pretty annoying seeing as he doesn't know the rules and complains when something doesnt work his way.

All and all not too bad.
>>
File: Casual Lin.png (69KB, 800x296px) Image search: [Google]
Casual Lin.png
69KB, 800x296px
>>55386648
If they get mad I can tone it down a bit.
>>
>>55386780
Good. Its commonly known that white is the strongest color in edh.
>>
File: Temmet.png (137KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Temmet.png
137KB, 223x311px
>>55385326
Oh cool. I have a foil Italian version of him, so this works, but he seems kind of weak. I can't figure out any good tech for him.
>>
File: disguy.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
disguy.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>55385326
Well I wanted to make a discard matters deck in edh guess its time to start brewing
>>
>>55386978
Living Weapon
>>
When building for rafiq what should I add besides a shit ton of exalted?
>>
>>55386978
Play creatures that you want to make unblockable, and then also play things like Rite of Replication, Fated Infatuation, Cackling Counterpart, Seance, and God-Pharaoh's Gift.
>>
File: 1490026054960.jpg (34KB, 345x309px) Image search: [Google]
1490026054960.jpg
34KB, 345x309px
New playgroup so I don't know everyone's names yet, but bear with me

>Me
Garbage Johnny player, constantly make suboptimal jank, usually with combo wincons. 15-odd different decks in different colors

>Buddy from work
Introduced me to playgroup, similar build style to me, plays janky crap like RG storm and Saskia aggro

>Buddy's wife
Has two decks, Oloro or Freyalise, and will sit and durdle all game until someone kills her or she combos out and wins

>Johnny 1
Good guy to play with, very janky decks that barely have a coherent theme, but still perform decently. Signature is WUBRG grouphug/control

>Johnny 2
Means well, but a bad deckbuilder. Slightly autistic, but makes do. All of his decks have WB for some reason

>Johnny 3
Always. Plays. Red. Either Locust God, Rakdos, or sowmthing else. Our running joke is that he's always hellbent, and we'll yell at him from tables over to ask if he is yet.

>Spike 1
Big fat obnoxious grognard. Plays Kess storm or G Selvala. Can be overbearing to play with but he's a good player and is a surprisingly good sport.

>Spike 2
More of a calm, jokey guy than Spike 1, but plays very similar decks.

>Spike 3
Kind of bipolar in deck building, ranges from Oona combo to bird tribal.

>Autist 1
Riffle shuffles with unsleeved cards, makes weird themed decks, the worst threat assessment I've ever seen

>Autist 2
Plays precons exclusively, claims he makes alterations to them but I'm unconvinced.
>>
>>55387006
that actually seems scary if he can stick
>>
File: janking.jpg (199KB, 419x610px) Image search: [Google]
janking.jpg
199KB, 419x610px
>>55386185
>>
>>55387081
>exalted
theres only like 4 playable exalted cards
play counterspells and MLD
>>
>>55387641
Not trying to be too competitive and I don't want to be an asshole, should I just look for a new commander?
>>
File: 1501718105223.png (132KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1501718105223.png
132KB, 250x250px
>>55383056
nice , will probably get the cat deck before that , the mage deck is kinda shitty .
>>
>>55387710

No you're fine

I will say though that if you don't care about being competitive then why are you asking the Internet to build your deck for you? Just find cards you like and play them
>>
File: Image.png (142KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
142KB, 223x311px
>>55385326
Hmmm
>>
My core Thursday night kitchen table group
>The Host
Poorest in the group so he plays mostly the same decks we've seen over and over but spices it up every one in a while. Talks mad shit, me and him will bants back and forth all night
The Johnny
>Best friends with the host , both been playing since the longest. Amazing deck builder and always fun to play against to see what shenigans insue
>The newbie
My roommate who I finally got to start playing earlier this year. Great at games and gametheory in general, he learned surprisingly fast to the rest of our slight annoyance.
>King of Misplays
Has the most Spike mentality in the group and the deck to back it up but makes hilariously bad misplays all the time to the rest if us' amusement
>The Girl- The sweetheart of the group, engages the least shit talking, has one every draft we've done inhouse
>Me
I have probably the most variety of decks in the group and probably the strongest kitchen table deck. Drink and bants with host all night.

Has anyone tried brewing around Licia? I really like the card as just an overall card but I'm having trouble figuring out what I could with her that wouldn't be just having her be a shittier general in a lifegain deck.
>>
>>55387760
forgot pic
>>
>>55387742
Because I'm experimenting with territory I don't really know. And I still want it to be functional.
>>
File: 31.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>55385982
>>
>>55382985
>get to choose a creature to destroy
>nah i will just stack the effect so anon's card isn't as effective as it could be
How fucking much do they hate you in your group?
>>
>>55387742
>asking for advice/cards you might not know
>same as asking the Internet to build your deck for you
Wow.

>just find cards you like and play them
That can lead to lists that do nothing the first 7-9 turns, and then die because one of the other players actually was able to go off.
>>
File: Image-244.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image-244.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>55384879
>>55384906
>>55384949
They become this guy's bitch
>>
>>55383860
The main issue with that set is that it would be basically undraftable. That means less events to incentivize someone to buy more packs or go to the stores on certain days and guarantee buy packs.
>>
>>55387972
what the hell is that card lol
>>
>>55386278
It shows you much more than 99 cards.
>>
>>55384433
>>55384481

I run Rishkar's in my Dragon Tribal and it's fantastic value.
>>
File: Akroma, Angel of Wrath_V15.jpg (250KB, 672x936px) Image search: [Google]
Akroma, Angel of Wrath_V15.jpg
250KB, 672x936px
>>55385326
>mono-W
>8-drop
>not Avacyn
What do I do here? Waifu tribal?
>>
>>55388047
I dunno, but you need to play Odric with her.
>>
>>55387826

He didn't ask for advice, cards we might know, he gave us nothing except his commander and said "what do I want in the deck"? How is that not asking us to build the deck for him?

Maybe he should get a list together first then we can make suggestions
>>
>>55385387
Wait, this gave me a question. With the new legendary plainswalkers rule, can you have anyone as commander?
>>
>>55388106

Can gaea's cradle be your commander?
>>
>>55388047
high land count
high removal count
throw haymakers
>>
>>55388086
I'm asking what types of cards supplement the commander besides exalted you nugget.
I'm thinking equips would help but that seems a little mana hungry without Hammer of Nazahn and some other equip support.
>>
>>55388115
I fucking wish lol.

How would colander work anyways? Do you have to pay 1 mana for each time your land commander was destroyed?

Could be kind of fun
>>
>>55388124

Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to win with commander damage? If so you want equipment and auras and tutors/tech for those.

If you want to be less all-in on commander damage and just use rafiq as a double strike enabler for a bant midrangey deck, then you can run a much lower equipment and aura count and run more ramp, removal, Counterspells, and cool bant creatures you like that would benefit from double strike from rafiq
>>
>>55388179
>>55388179
I think I'll look into the former, thanks for helping me weight my options.
>>
>>55388047
I run mine as a mono white artifact deck
works really well
>>
>>55386978
There are probably some good Embalm creatures he could use, though I don't know which, I've not payed much attention to Amonkhet.
>>
>>55388086
Bruh.
>>
File: the tism.png (84KB, 940x518px) Image search: [Google]
the tism.png
84KB, 940x518px
>>55388086
We were doing so well for so long
>>
>>55388047
All of the rocks you can jam in.
>>
>>55387760
>>55387781
Licia is basically a weird fusion of Lifegain and Voltron. Uncle Karlov is basically better at being that, and Zurgo is the better Voltron commander in Mardu. The only reason to play her is if you like Red with your lifegain. Her main strength is that you can easily cast her again and again with the cost reduction, but any decent voltron commander shouldn't be getting removed many times anyway.

Tavern Swindler is some lovely tech for her which I see brought up a lot.
Dega Sanctuary is another card which is perfect for her.

Being in RW, of course you should have a Sunforger Package. Black expands your options for it.

With her, I'd go for stuff which involves spending a lot of life.
>Necropotence
>Hatred
>Unspeakable Symbol
>Treasonous Ogre
>Aetherflux Reservoir

Since we're spending life, you'll want to get it back quickly, so:
>Children of Korlis
>Tainted Sigil
>If you're using Necropotence, Venser's Journal and Sword of War and Peace
>If you're using Treasonous Ogre, Exsanguinate and Debt to the Deathless (though those cards are often kinda worth running anyway)

There's a bunch of ways to work with +1/+1 counters:
>Exava, Rakdos Blood Witch
>Abzan Falconer
>Mer-ek Nightblade
>Oona's Blackguard

I've seen the Dragon enchantments as some neat tech. Work well with her cost reduction, as well as any other big beaters in the 99:
>Dragon Shadow
>Dragon Breath
>Dragon Scales

Another thing you could do is make use of the Red with your lifegain. Use punisher/group slug effects (Spellshock, Manabarbs and the like) to fuck up everyone else, whilst having more than enough lifegain on your end to deal with it.
>>
>>55388356
UW is pretty bad for embalm.
https://magiccards.info/query?q=o%3AEmbalm+o%3A%7B+c%21wu+ci%3Awu&v=card&s=cname
>>
>>55388442
>Licia is basically a bad fusion of Lifegain and Voltron
>>
>>55388456
Angel of Sanctions and Aven Wind Guide are good enough, you just need big token makers to go with him.
>>
>>55386978
rite of rep
>>
>>55388164
>903.8. A player may cast a commander he or she owns from the command zone. A commander cast from the command zone costs an additional {2} for each previous time the player casting it has cast it from the command zone that game.

As currently written, you wouldn't actually be able to take it out of the Command Zone.
>>
File: 152674247384643436374847456.gif (156KB, 400x192px) Image search: [Google]
152674247384643436374847456.gif
156KB, 400x192px
>>55385326
>edgar markov

soooo, buy the deck?
>>
>>55388106
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/ixalan-mechanics
>Starting with this set, all planeswalkers past, present, and future will have the supertype legendary. They will also be subject to the "legend rule." The "planeswalker uniqueness rule" is going away. What does this mean? In short, everything that's true about legendary permanents will now be true about legendary planeswalkers. Also note that this does not mean legendary planeswalkers can be your Commander unless an ability says so.

>this does not mean legendary planeswalkers can be your Commander unless an ability says so.
>>
>>55388673
thats a good one
really love that deck
>>
>>55382985
Here, fellow opponent, I give you a choice:
>remove threats that are reducing your chance to win
or
>be a petty bitch and make sure my card does as little as possible
>>
>>55388807
>be a petty bitch and make sure my card does as little as possible
Isn't that what most people do?
>>
>>55388863
no most people arent THAT bad at the game
>>
>>55388807
>reducing the effectiveness of an opponents play is petty
Get rekt
>>
>>55387710
>I don't want to be an asshole
That's inevitable when you're playing voltron, you're going to facefuck one guy out of the game on turn 5 and then get slowly controlled to death every single game
>>
>>55388863
I'd hate to play in your meta, proper threat assessment is the saving grace of multiplayer games
>>
>>55388971
>>55388885
What next, people don't immediately gang up on the first person to make any plays beyond dropping lands, maybe a single mana rock, and maybe a utility card or two?
>>
File: GRwhat.jpg (25KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
GRwhat.jpg
25KB, 223x310px
>>55385326
>Signature cards are all dinosaurs or something to do with volcanoes/meteorites

holy shit how underplayed does this deck have to be that the signature cards are from some meme deck? It's not even that bad of a card
>reasonably cheap
>okay enough buff

It's quaint. It ain't powerful but you can just build the commander around the deck rather than the other way around.
>>
>>55389046
>flying
nifty
>>
>>55389046
play xenagod and or the green/red partner token maker that +2/+2 will go far
>>
holy shit neheb is so much fun

why didn't anyone tell me monored was the best color identity?
>>
>>55389249
Do you even bother with Loreseeker's Stone / Tower of Fortunes or just go full wheels?
>>
>>55385326
>Azusa
Well that was underwhelming.
>>
>>55389284
i'm running both of those, wheels, kozilek, knollspine dragon, and the classic memory jar + goblin welder engine. commune with lava has also been pretty godly.
>>
>>55389249
I just cobbled together Grenzo, havoc raiser. I'm super excited to force everyone to kill each other. Unfortunately my playgroup is flaky as fuck so I'm still waiting
>>
>>55389399
Builded it too and it's surprisingly cheap to assemble
>>
File: 1476048491479.png (105KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
1476048491479.png
105KB, 223x311px
>>55388648
Says you
>>
>>55389399
What's a good mono red commander for playing lots of chaos and stax enchantments? I'm thinking Neheb for the ramp, but there might be something else.
>>
>>55389658
Norin the Wary.
>>
>>55389658
Kazuul maybe.
>>
>>55389553
I went with budget for now, nothing over 5 bux, and a lot of tratorious blood like spells. Only time with tell how well it plays
>>
>>55389658
Could run heartless hitsugo and watch people shit their pants
>>
>>55389741
Kazuul might be nice.
>>
>>55389593
>Phage_Players.png
>>55389658
Zo-Zu.
>>
>>55389818
Zo-zu would be hilarious with all the evolving wilds and fetch lands people run.
>>
>>55389833
You know people who own fetchlands and play EDH?
>>
>>55389847
I have a couple.
Probably going to sell them though, I don't really care about competitive play and I could use some spare bucks.
>>
>>55389847
Angry Omnath players?
>>
>>55389847
Titania players?
>>
>>55389847
I have all the allied colour fetches except flooded strand but I use them in my memedern deck.
>>
>>55389896
A friend of mine plays Angry Omnath. He doesn't own any fetchlands. Ramos is his most valuable card.
>>
>>55389847
mate, if i'm spending $50 on wheel of fortune and $60 on mana crypt i can afford to spend another $20 on allied fetches
>>
>>55389847
A few people I play sometimes. They do nothing but play magic, mostly edh.
Half their decks are X colors expensive stuff. Not terribly interesting desu
>>
>>55389991
This tbghimofam
>>
>>55389991
None of the EDH players here spend more than like $8 or $9 on any one card, and rarely even that much.
>>
>>55390043
that's weird. most of the people i play with have at least one deck worth over $2000, and the rest hover around the $500-700 range.
>>
>>55389984
And he can do that, sure, but an Angry Omnath deck is one of the decks that have the most to gain from using fetchlands
I'm building an Angry Omnath deck myself, and it's going to include two fetchlands because I've found them in two Tarkir packs
>>
>>55390059
The only people here that do that are the modern players, and they got a new store opened to avoid the "casual plebians".
>>
>>55390043
how new are you
khans wasnt that far away how did you not end up with like 30 fetches?
>>
>>55390084
modern? not even legacy?
>>
>>55390073
People there buy packs? Why?
>>
>>55390105
drafting is fun
and not everyone is a poorfag
>>
>>55390085
At the prerelease, only one person pulled a fetch.

>>55390098
Nobody plays legacy here.
>>
>>55390105
also, for a good while the average value of an unopened tarkir pack was ~$7 because of how common fetches are. if you could get them for $4 that was a pretty good deal.
>>
>>55390118
Drafting? Isn't that only online?
>>
>>55390146
is this bait or are you just EXTREMELY new to magic
>>
File: 1.png (140KB, 1077x964px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
140KB, 1077x964px
>>55390146
>he doesnt know what FNM is
>>
>>55390146
What? Did you start playing Magic last week?
>>
>>55390161
FNM is a weekly Modern tournament with a $5 entry fee.

>>55390157
I've been playing for years. This isn't bait - is drafting actually a thing?
>>
File: 1505281781923.jpg (18KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1505281781923.jpg
18KB, 400x399px
>>55390179
>FNM is a weekly Modern tournament
>ive been playing for years
>>
Is chromanticore commander viable? Any spicy tech hidden there or is it all board wipes and free tax?
>>
>>55390179
every game store i've ever been to has had draft events at least once a week. where the fuck are you from?
>>
>>55390179
>I have been playing for years.

Jesus, where so you Life, anon?
>>
>>55390199
That's what it's been at every LGS I've been to. A weekly Modern tournament with a $5 entry fee. The top 8 get an old promo (RtR or Theros block), the top 4 get 2 promos, and first place gets a Born of the Gods or Journey into Nyx fat pack.
>>
>>55390204
>>55390210
Southern Illinois.
>>
>>55390236
>at every LGS I've been to
dont lie
we all know you havent left your basement in over 10 years
thats the only way you could be this ignorant
at this point i refuse to believe you are trolling you are clearly just that pathetic
>>
>>55390246
are there many game shops in bumfuck illinois?
>>
>>55390236
>Born of the gods or journey into nix fatpack

>Doesnt know what drafting is.

Is...is this bait?
>>
>>55390249
>his life is different from mine
>must be an ignorant basement dweller
>>
>>55390267
There are three here, and two half an hour away.

>>55390269
Is drafting a common thing elsewhere?
>>
>>55390274
I mean, yeah, that's how this works.
>>
>>55390146
https://magic.wizards.com/en/game-info/gameplay/formats/booster-draft

This ist drafting. Its played at nearly LGS every FNM. Its fun.
>>
>>55390301
drafting is a common thing worldwide, i think you must just be unlucky enough to live near the shittiest game shops in the country
>>
>>55390274
yes because thats the reason we think you are a basement dwelling neet, it cant possibly be because of your posts
no
thats just impossible
>>
>>55390301
Its extremly common. I have never Met a mtg player who did Not know what it is.
>>
>>55390246
I'm from southern IL. My lgs is a literal shack with no indoor plumbing. Even we conduct drafts.
>>
>>55387747
GAS GAS GAS
>>
>>55390347
Where?

>>55390315
That looks fun. But don't your store owners buy all the packs of sets that people want?

>>55390325
I guess so.
>>
>>55390408
buying into a draft is essentially the same as buying 3 packs of cards from the most recent block. if a store sells packs it can hold drafts.
>>
>>55390513
But when would they hold them? And wouldn't the modern players just kick everyone else out?
>>
>>55390530
That Sounds like your modern Players are a bunch of violent bikers
>>
>>55390530
>when would they hold them
do your stores not sell packs to people who walk in asking to buy packs? the fuck?
>wouldn't the modern players kick everyone else out?
i don't even know what you mean by this
>>
>>55390530
Is this again one of that nazi LGSs?
>>
>>55390530
Anon does your store by any chance make you register a decklist and only play with cards purchased there?
>>
>>55390557
People usually just buy singles or boxes. I don't think I've seen people buy individual packs. And the Modern players, whenever there's an event with limited slots, buy as many seats for themselves and their proxy players as possible.
>>
>>55390146
>>55390530
I am fucking confused, and scared that I waste my time getting baited.
>>
File: hobbyshop.jpg (324KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
hobbyshop.jpg
324KB, 960x1280px
>>55390599
this is what a typical game shop looks like. a glass case full of singles to buy serving as a counter, behind which the store has several open boxes of the latest set to sell packs from.
>>
>>55390576
No, but one of the LGSes nearby does a regular price check on decks, and bans you from events temporarily if it's too expensive.
>>
>>55390617
That's a lot more stock than I see here. There are more than a couple dozen cards in the case, and there are more than a couple things behind the case. Do the store owners have recent prize cards available, too?
>>
>>55390599
>I don't think I've seen people buy individual packs.

Wat
>>
>>55390641
yes, of fucking course
>>
>>55390641
>Do the store owners have recent prize cards available, too?

What do you mean with prize cards?
>>
>>55390683
he's talking about FNM promos i think
>>
>>55390641
my shop looks like that and also holds binders full of other shit that isnt as flashy or pricy
>>
>>55390683
For FNMs, the promos. Aside from Theros block fat packs that nobody bought, the only prizes given out. I see a bunch of new ones show up online, but we usually just have a selection between things like Megantic Sliver and Maze's End.
>>
>>55390641
dude you gotta give us the names of these shops, it seriously sounds like they're the worst hobby shops in the entire country.
>>
>No drafting
>FNM is only modern
>Theros fat packs as prizes
>Prize cards???
>Shop doesnt have booster packs in stock

What am I reading?
>>
>>55389658
Feldon for the recursion. Nothing like having Avalanche Riders in your GY and Feldoning them back, nuking an enemy land in response to the sac trigger of smokestack on your turn, then sacing the token.
>>
>>55390728
either someone unlucky enough to live in manureville where the game shops are just run down gas stations or hardcore bait
>>
>>55390711
So, you dont get a normal FNM promo when you attent at FNM? Does your shop do Prereleases? I have so many questions...
>>
>>55390757
They do prereleases, but usually all the seats are preordered by an hour after signups open.
>>
>>55390772
seriously mate, what are the names of some of these places? are they actually game shops or are you playing at like a hobby lobby that happens to have a tiny mtg section?
>>
>>55390728
I think that dude is from Mad Max's world or something.
>>
>>55390784
Castle Perilous and Game Table are major ones
>>
>>55390772
My LGS cant hold anymore prereleases because apparently we are not enough players at every FNM, but stores like this can? Fucking wizards man
>>
>>55390829
is magic just not popular around there? like, how many people actually show up for events?
>>
>>55390872
20-30.

>>55390837
The owners just fill in names to meet FNM quotas.
>>
File: tonightsfnm.png (2MB, 1545x913px) Image search: [Google]
tonightsfnm.png
2MB, 1545x913px
>>55390895
>>
>>55390895
>>55390923
it looks like The Game Table does regular drafts. and sells packs. are you pulling our leg?
>>
>>55379940
>the return of zur
He never left
>>
>>55390923
>1 pack per round won
I sincerely hope he gives a final prize to top 3-4 after that otherwise it's pretty underwhelming. Also fatpacks at 38$? The place where i go to selss them at 30$
>>
Will Admiral Beckett Brass pirate agro theft be viable for intermediate group EDH
>>
>>55390961
I haven't been there in a while - the owner is an asshole. If they do that, it's a recent thing.
>>
>>55390988
I think she's more on the jank side of the spectrum. Still fun though.
>>
File: standee.png (725KB, 957x913px) Image search: [Google]
standee.png
725KB, 957x913px
>>55390986
i checked the store out on facebook. apparently they give out prizes like bad precons or sleeves or fucking STANDEES instead of regular things
>>
>>55390988
Probably not. Your selection of pirates extends almost exclusively to what's in the Ixalan block and a handful of really old overcosted cards, mostly in U.
>>
>>55391019
Holy shit
>>
>>55391019
Why is he Holding up a Island with sharpie in it?
>>
>>55391019
Ahahaha
>>
>>55391028
it could be pretty fun though. definitely not a top tier or even mid tier deck but it's nice and pirate-y and flavorful. i've got a soft spot for building bad decks at 100% just to see what happens.
>>
>>55391019
>Knoob
>>
>>55391019
Castle is just as bad with prizes. At the Khans prerelease, I think I remember winning a spanish Dark Ascension booster - and not as a consolation prize.
>>
>>55391028
There are some old 1-2 cmc flying pirates that would be perfect, considering their only purpose is to hit fast. The right hand could start stealing everyone's mana rocks on turn 4 then use those mana rocks to start spamming extra turns which will steal more shit.
>>
>>55391097
yeah, it's like edric except you have to play a mostly bad creature type to make it work.
>>
>>55391091
Sometimes I am really happy to life in Germany, where we have really many lgs in every City, and the bad ones just go bankrupt
>>
>>55391091
jesus that's harsh. the worst prize i ever got for winning a prerelease was when i drove out to the middle of nowhere to play with a friend at his LGS for scars of mirrodin. they didn't have enough packs to give out packs as prizes so they just gave me the rest of the wurmcoil engines they had leftover as a prize. i left with 9 wurmcoil engines.

>>55391134
it's pretty similar here, i have no idea how that guy's stores are still in business.
>>
>>55391172
Lack of a better alternative.
>>
>>55391182
but you'd think they would try to compete with each other by getting better...
>>
>>55391192
The alternative is Fox's over in Marion, where, if the regulars dislike you for any reason, you're kicked out. Sometimes, they even spread false rumors about you. I heard one guy mention that someone from Fox's spread a rumor that he was a pedo, just because he mentioned offhand that he enjoys Yugioh.
>>
>>55391254
you should like... talk to the owner of one of these stores, recommend having packs for sale, better prizes, and drafts. it's good for business if people actually enjoy playing at your store and have something real to win at events. shouldn't be too hard to convince him.
>>
>>55391334
I've tried. They refuse to take business advice from someone under 30.
>>
>>55391363
get the whole group to do it. if a large group of customers say they'll spend more money, shopkeepers will listen if they're not total idiots.
>>
>>55391397
Most people here are content with the current policies.
>>
>>55391430
if they are they don't know what they're missing. introduce the concept of a draft to them then buy packs online and host one yourself. if you get people to buy in you'll actually make money off it and everyone will have a good time.
>>
>>55391456
I'd have to find my own place to host the draft, and even posit the idea. That would be, in their eyes, "attempting to sell things in their store".
>>
with what has been spoiled so far do you guys think dino tribale will be viable in EDH?
>>
>>55391513
i've been in that situation. i started a facebook group for local MTG players to organize small drafts and EDH events at houses and things like that. most of us stopped going to game stores entirely, opting to buy cards online, trade with each other, or get cards from friendly drafts hosted by players. eventually, the shitty LGS went out of business, but we all kept playing like it never happened.
>>
>>55391534
playable in kitchen table edh sure, but "viable" against REAL decks? fuck no
>>
>>55391534
Viable in competitive? No. Viable in Fun tribal Shit? Yes.
>>
>>55391660
alright. I don't really do competitive anyways.

>>55391626
>REAL decks
what do you mean by that? you mean competitive?
>>
>>55391683
not necessarily competitive, but it pales in comparison to something like titania or xenagod in the aggro department. still, it's fun tribal shit.
>>
>>55391683
It's just not a very good tribe.
>>
File: 1411846987103.gif (1MB, 165x115px) Image search: [Google]
1411846987103.gif
1MB, 165x115px
I can't fuckin believe what am I reading in this thread
>>
>>55391787
i just feel bad for the guy. he had no idea how much he's missing out on.
>>
>>55391803
I'm living in 50k city with something like 60% of population being over 65yo. I'm happy because my edh group has over 4 players and there are maybe 20 players on prerelease events. Yet, I still know about drafts and shit so I just don't know what to think about this anon story
>>
Can't you just report a store if they get prize support from wizards?
>>
>>55391849
i looked into it, the stores really are as bad as he says. just makes me feel sorry for him and everyone else living around there who plays magic.

if i had a spare $500k i'd go open the best goddamn gamestore they've ever seen over there and push all the others out of business.
>>
New Thread

>>55391952
>>55391952
>>55391952
>>55391952
>>
>>55389046
>card got bought out
RIP
>>
>>55389847
lolwut?
Thread posts: 400
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.