[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alternative War Games General /awg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 52

File: FB_IMG_1505069525406.jpg (204KB, 1479x1914px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1505069525406.jpg
204KB, 1479x1914px
Chicks dig giant robots.

>What is /awg/?
A thread to talk about minis and games which fall between the cracks, or people's homebrew wargames. /hwg/ doesn't entertain fantasy (for good reason) and the other threads are locked to very specific games, so this thread isn't tied to a game, or a genre, lets talk about fun wargames.

Any scale, any genre, any company, any minis. Skirmishers welcome. Rules designers welcome.

>Examples of games that qualify
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miniature_wargames
Grimdark Future, Age of Fantasy, Mighty Armies, Dragon Rampant, Of Gods and Mortals, Frostgrave, Hordes of the Things, Songs of Blades and Heroes, Freebooter's Fate, Dark Age, LotR and anything that doesn't necessarily have a dedicated thread (gorkamundheim).

>Places to get minis
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D2DbNJ2mYAUxh5P9Pq9NZqS5tXHGn0i2JhZchEwbA2I/edit?usp=sharing

>The Novice Trove
http://pastebin.com/viWJ1Yvk
>>
Previous thread: >>55236995

Also, /awg/ is having a September group build.
>The theme is some sort of "monster" model
>Timeframe is from the 1st to the 30th of September
>Post a timestamped (prefered) pic of your unpainted mini (assembled and primed is fine)
>Find that one monster mini that has been itching to be painted all this time, and get to work!
>>
>>55326029
Ah shit, sorry! Totally forgot to include that.
>>
>>55326029
I have a Dark Age Tuucha'nak that would be great for this. Unfortunately its stuck in storage while we try to sell the house.
>>
>>55326029
Sadly, the only monstrous models I have unpainted and have not yet started on are a handful of enemies from Kingdom Death (most of which are nemeses). So nothing too outwardly monstrous, and nothing really /awg/ related.
>>
>>55325728
>Dp9
Why do you want people to buy into dead games all the time?

DP9 is spartan tier with how badly managed they are. Less ADD but equal amounts of terrible business practices.
>>
>>55327453
I've got an old Rackham flesh golden and a Scarab Ogre from Wargods, but I don't have the time to paint them (nor much in the ways of skills).
>>
File: D15_DinoWars.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
D15_DinoWars.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
>>55325728
>>
>>55327516
You're entitled to not like them or their products all you like, but the game ain't dead and they just showed off the renders for the plastic Utopia stuff and I thought people here might like to see them for those who may have missed the last thread.

If people want me to stop posting about Heavy Gear then let them speak up and I'll gladly drop it and talk about other stuff.
>>
>>55327698
They literally went to KS because their company was going under otherwise, and they said they wouldn't have to do it again so they're still having monetary issues.

No one plays this game and with good reason.
>>
>>55327838
Can you show me where they said they were never doing another KS? I don't recall seeing that. I remember them saying they would do another for more stuff for the factions from the first one.

Yeah things weren't going great, and so they chose to reboot their game and try and make it more accessible.

You don't like DP9 or their games? That's fine. Do you need to come in and shit on the people who do? Let people enjoy what they want. If we sink money into the game abd the company goes under than that's our problem.
>>
Kings of War is still growing!
>>
>>55328517
>Do you need to come in and shit on the people who do?
DP9 is spartan 2.0 you're being disingenuous shilling their shit without warning people that is is Pitfalls: The Company.
>>
>see OP's post

>about to post "whoa, Heavy Gear is still a thing?"

>read the other posts

.....yeah, that's about what I figured. I actually did like HG back in the day (more for the fluff than the crunch, desu), but it's pretty obvious the guy getting all whiny and defensive about it is a DP9 shill.
>>
>>55329928
the only whining I see is the baawing that DP9 is having a kickstarter

I backed the first one and they made some pretty decent minis. I'm not a huge fan of the three factions they're putting in the upcoming KS but I'm going to keep an eye on it
>>
>>55329976
>The people defending DP9 are literally the people who backed the KS.
lol

I was a DP9 fan before you found out you didn't want your testicles buddy. Get in line.
>>
>>55329928
Not trying to be a shill, just correcting terms. Game isn't dead, other anon isn't posting actual evidence of what he claims.

I enjoy the gamd, those renders were brand new, it fits /awg/. If people aren't interested then I'll stop talking about it. I'm not telling people they should buy it, or saying DP9 is flawless. I admit they have flaws, but I can also see they are trying to get better at what they do.

People are entirely entitled to not like them or their games, but that doesn't mean they need to come in and shit up the thread. It's just as bad as the people who go into full rage mode when someone mentions liking Frostgrave.

Speaking of FG, do we know if GA will have rules for firearms? They need a key compenent of pirates to me, but the plastics show bows and arrows.
>>
>>55330022
I don't really care.

Anyway, /awg/ today I found out that the miniatures for Void are still being made, I was surprised since that game died a while ago.
>>
DP9 was a shitty company with shitty management, for years they REFUSED to do plastics because of haughty elitist bullshit reasons. They took their fans for granted, and in general had a "you'll like what we give you or you can fuck off" attitude.

Recently that's changed. They're making plastics, they're very active with communicating with fans, they're having open play tests of all their new editions AND are actually listening to and engaging with fan feedback and play test results.

They're trying to turn around because they know they drove their company into near bankruptcy with their bullshit, so I don't see why you have to cry "shill" and virtually call for boycotts because they WERE a shitty company when they're now actively trying NOT to be.
>>
>>55330072
Is VOID the same as the Urban War thing? With the Junkets and the space Romans and the Viridan or whatever they're called?
>>
>>55330339
Yeah, I think so. If I remember correctly, we've had 3 or 4 different games all set in the same universe over the years.
>>
File: product_41243.jpg (25KB, 399x303px) Image search: [Google]
product_41243.jpg
25KB, 399x303px
>>55330339
Yeah, they sort of flowed into Urban War - Void was older and they started with more generic sci-fi sculpts but then they tried to relaunch as Urban War IIRC

I have fond memories of painting up some of these as generic soldier for a Traveller game
>>
File: DSCF4602.jpg (2MB, 2890x2370px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4602.jpg
2MB, 2890x2370px
>>55330072
Scotia Grendel even sells the plastics, which is nice. I have a small Vasa force on its way to me, which will make me have 15 archangels...think I'll start painting them, and once they're done, I'll pick up a Viridian starter from eBay.
>>
>>55330368
>>55330410
I really dig some of the models in a retro sort of way. Had some really neat designs that I wouldn't mind seeing get some more modern sculpt (mostly better proportions).

I can never recall the namr of the new 10mm game in the setting. I should, my buddy is working on the molds and producing the minis and yet the name always slips my mind.
>>
File: DSCF5416.jpg (2MB, 3219x2423px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5416.jpg
2MB, 3219x2423px
>>55330526
Age of Tyrants?

Also, on an absolutely unrelated note, following one anon's advice, I did the first Mongoose judge with a much lighter green, and it looks nicer, so thanks.
>>
>>55329807
no it isn't :(
>>
>>55330308
Did you back their recent KS?

Yes or no.
>>
>>55330547
That's it! No idea why it won't stick.

That Judge is lookin' good, too!
>>
>>55329843
and you're a prodding dick.

I like 80's Techno and Japanese Tanks. they are shit, but oh god, they are cool!
taste is subjective, we know about the company being dicks. yes, Dp9 has issues. but not AIDS.
please fuck the hell off from our little thread.
>>
File: the___frozen___throne.jpg (379KB, 800x1352px) Image search: [Google]
the___frozen___throne.jpg
379KB, 800x1352px
>>55330066
FrostGrave?
>>
File: Dredd.jpg (150KB, 615x1232px) Image search: [Google]
Dredd.jpg
150KB, 615x1232px
>>55330547
Glad to hear that you're digging the lighter green. It really does help make the gloves/boots/belt stand out from the uniform.
>>
File: fse_pa_1.jpg (23KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
fse_pa_1.jpg
23KB, 450x338px
>>
>>55331078
Where are these guys from? Look almost like Battletech, but no designs I recognize.
>>
>>55331309
Ground Zero Games. Real-scale 25mm for the skirmish game Grunts.
>>
>>55330602
No, I didn't.
>>
File: iten+ 005.jpg (76KB, 1600x584px) Image search: [Google]
iten+ 005.jpg
76KB, 1600x584px
>>55330066
The writer said that Frostgrave world has no firearms in the preface to his optional firearm rules.
>>
>>55329807
Speaking of, guy who was adapting/playing KoW in 10mm, how's that going?

I've got an itch to try a new scale.
>>
>>55331441
you literally just slap down some rectangles

just halve all the unit footprint sizes and KoW is adapted
>>
>>55331381
Ah, cool.

>>55331418
Did not know that. Well I guess that makes sense. Just means if I play GA I'll have to find some suitable models that don't have guns.

Why put out firearm rules if your world has no black powder, though?
>>
>>55331441
I painted two armies and have yet to play...

This weekend I painted some more generic fantasy stuff from Gamezone, I love these quite simple designs.
>>
File: 2017-09-11 08.47.29.jpg (185KB, 535x524px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-11 08.47.29.jpg
185KB, 535x524px
>>55331611
Try that image again...
>>
>>55325728
Considering that it's still impossible to buy any DP9 game if you don't live in the USA, I'd say DP9 is just as dead as Spartan, even if they're officially trading.
>>
>>55331800
Yeah, cause we all know there's no American gaming market...
>>
>>55331804
it's much smaller than worldwide
>>
>>55331814
definitionally yes, but if I'm opening a restaurant I'm not opening 100 restaurants all over the state to try to get the whole market at once.
>>
>>55331831
No other company has issues finding distribution worldwide. Wyrd, PP, even Reaper, which far prefers direct sales, all have some representation abroad. It's almost like DP9 soured all European distributors to the point no one will work with them.
>>
>>55331861
PP and Reaper are larger companies, before PP fucked up they were in the top 5 of tabletop wargames. That's not where DP9 is and if they pretended they were it would be sure to crash the company

>no one will work them

you're that buttblasted anon from earlier right? How about some more baseless assumptions, we sure could use more of those.
>>
Why can't dp9 afford graphic artists to make their site look good?
>>
>>55331878
I'm not the anon from earlier, though you can believe what you want. Point is, most of the world cannot get their games, DP9 is deader than Spartan if you're outside of their direct neighbourhood. It's a bit embarassing, really.
>>
Does anyone have a scan of Frostgrave: Into the Breeding Pits?
>>
>>55331912
7ch has one
>>
>>55331885
>DP9 is dead, Spartan blurbl blurbl

ok, totally not samefag who uses the exact same wording and tone. I'm sure the lack of capturing the Indonesian market is what'll kill DP9
>>
>>55331920
Believe it or not but that actually is a different guy. I would have called you names by now.
>>
is the heavy gear two player starter box any good?
>>
>>55331931
I don't really care, it's the same message, the same comparison to Spartan, the same child-like tone of declaring something to be true as if the words will make it so. It's tedious garbage desu

>>55331935
the plastic one? I got mine from the kickstarter and they're pretty good quality plastic minis.
>>
>>55331920
It's already dead. It's doors may be open, but it has no presence anywhere. Even in the US people are genuinely surprised the game still exists, and the game is plain unavailable in any other market, including the UK, which probably has the greatest density of wargamers in population on the planet. The game has no foothold, and an awful reputation. If you don't want Spartan as comparison, then let me give you a different one. They're only slightly better regarded than Palladium, and that's probably the level of popularity they can count on if their attempts to re-establish HG as something that people are even aware of succeeds.
>>
>>55331957
what's the game like though? I'm drowning in minis
>>
>>55331957
Prove him wrong?

DP9 makes minis in america and ships them to canada. I'm sure the import tax alone makes them not worth the hassle for international retailers.
>>
>>55331918
Thank you.
>>
File: not-wall-e.jpg (191KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
not-wall-e.jpg
191KB, 1000x1000px
All the potential for great games out there, and some armchair faggots whinge over one company or the other.
>>
>>55332153
/awg/ is notoriously tribal when it comes to their games that no one plays.

Speaking of tribal, anyone tried it? Their primeval supplement looks awesome for some caveman action.
>>
>>55331441
There are a few episodes of Counter Charge wherein they discuss the 10mm scene - there's also a FB group for the 10mm community.

http://ohiohammer.squarespace.com/counter-chargeccx/
>>
>>55331441
>KOW in 10mm
I'm one of those guys. It works fine - the KoW ruleset is really robust and easy to hack. There are a few ways to do it:

(a) Just use small minis and change nothing else. The only mechanical change is the smaller footprint, but since it's universal it doesn't break anything. The larger ratio of distances to model size gives the game a very different feel.

(b) Use centimeters to measure distance. This puts the distances back in proportion with the model size. If you use 40mm wide warmaster bases, it's almost perfect 2/5 ratio. The effect is you have a lot more table. You can play on a smaller board (2'x2', or so), or just do HUGE games.

(c) get in there and start converting everything to be scale appropriate. An issue we had with the huge games in (b) is that the amount of dice you're rolling and / or game time can get a bit out of hand. So then we started playing with the stats to try and speed up resolution... and it works fine, actually. But it's a deep rabbit hole once you go down it.

And of course there's always option (d) too, which is if it's not working for you, just go play one of the many other excellent grand scale rulesets. Warmaster is one of the best rulesets that ever came out of GW, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. A lot of historical systems can also be adapted to fantasy with a minimum of effort.
>>
>>55331935
The quality of minis is decent, yeah. Better be, for the cost. I don't use them for HG though, so I can't speak to that ruleset.

What I can speak to is that the southern army makes pretty good Tau mechs for Epic.
>>
So, how I can get Heavy Gear minis in Spain? Any Spaniard here has seen them in any e-minis site or shop?
>>
>>55333702

With 10mm, do you still do model removal, or just track wounds on the formation?
>>
>>55334148
Model removal would require individual basing which is a bit impractical, you'd generally remove stands of like 5-10 guys at a time.

Of course, KoW doesn't have casualty removal at all so it's a moot point.
>>
>>55334270

Well, colour me retarded. I thought it did! Ta, anon. Gonna knock together some test armies and try the system out today.
>>
>>55334148
Just like in normal KoW, there's no model removal, just damage tracking. Warmaster does it at this scale by removing entire stands, so it is possible, but too hard to retrofit onto the KoW rules in my opinion.
>>
>>55334348
We DID play around with changing up the morale system to allow for removing stands and more flexible unit organization during combat, but by that point we're dealing with so many house rules that it doesn't really even resemble KOW anymore.

This is part of the rabbit hole I mentioned at >>55333702
>>
>>55331981
But why does it worth it for other manufacturers, then?

US company not having retailers outside of the US = a-okay
non-US company not having retailers in the US = "but guise, we DESERVE this for being Americans!"
>>
I know of MoM miniatures, but who are the other drunk spaniards I keep hearing of?
>>
>>55335574
I'm guessing Gamezone are one of them.
>>
>>55335574
Norba
>>
File: 2017-09-11 16.51.57.jpg (259KB, 539x704px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-11 16.51.57.jpg
259KB, 539x704px
>>55335628
Now in non-sideways vision
>>
>>55335574
Norba and Avatars of War.
>>
>>55335697
>>55335638
>>55335628
Thanks
>>
>>55331981
Stuff like this gets handled by distributors, but to be interesting for a distributor, you need to have enough people willing to buy your product.
There isn't even a distributor for Reaper in Germany/Austria right now, for example.
>>
>>55339701
>There isn't even a distributor for Reaper in Germany
?
You can get them at Miniaturicum or Battlefield Berlin. Probably others too.
>>
Anyone have any guesses as to Harder Than Steel's release date? It looks closer to what I want than Flying Lead, and while I'm willing to get it and do some tweaking, I don't want to do that and then see HTS available a week later.
>>
File: Base CE Dragon.jpg (561KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Base CE Dragon.jpg
561KB, 1600x1200px
basecoated space elf space boat.
>>
File: Terminus Bookmarked V2.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Terminus Bookmarked V2.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
Repostin' Terminus for those who missed it last thread.

Anyone had a try with it yet?
>>
>>55340132
I don't think there is one.
Andrea also wanted to do an expansion for Rogue Stars, there is no word on that either. The reason I mention this is because somehow I have it in the back of my mind that the expansion was gonna drop first. At least that would make sense since Rogue Stars has a pretty similar idea to HtS. Would make a bit more sense from a business pov I think.

Saying that, you could give RS a look in the meantime, the pdf is floating around there, so...
>>
File: 20170911_154806.jpg (2MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170911_154806.jpg
2MB, 4160x2080px
Got my new MERCS guys in today. Makes me wish I had a knife and some glue at my work desk.

Also the EU Heavy's gun has a wicked small area for the barrels. Ghis mod I'm planning may be more difficult than excepted. I'll have to rummage through my Heavy Gear bits to see if the rotary laser from the black mamba sprue will work for some chop and swap.
>>
>>55340219
NIIIIIIICE

I really dig that converto. What game are you using them for?
>>
>>55339843
>>55339843
They might order them through US channels. My local store doesn't have them unless you order them, and they get them through their US channels with other stuff. But not through a distributor.
>>
>>55340971
Do you just have EU, or do you have other factions, as well?

Also, did you ever find the time to test out the Simple Green on a mini? I recall you being a bit apprehensive about it a few threads back.
>>
>>55342580
I have two complete factions with this purchase: EU amd GCC. I intend to round out my EIC and Waza in the future.

Have yet to try the simple green yet. My wife and I are gearing up for a vacation so life's a little hectic right now and I just haven't had the time to prime anything to test it out. Wednesday I'm gonna try and get something primed and get a few colors on it to use as a test dummy. Probably won't get a chance to really do it until after I get home from my trip.
>>
>>55340956
Thanks for the heads up Anon. I'll give it a look.
>>
>>55331590
It was just part of some cool stuff that was in the first issue of Spellcaster, the Frostgrave magazine.
>>
Anyone have a copy of Dracula's America for sharing?
>>
If anyone's interested in giant Vikings these guys from Godslayer should be pretty sweet. Ogre Huscarls just makes me happy.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1505182897866.jpg (23KB, 486x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1505182897866.jpg
23KB, 486x640px
>>55344984
And forgot to add a picture. Derp.
>>
>>55344981
Did you already check the pdf archive thread?
>>
>>55345097
Yeah - last week - you know something I don't?
>>
>>55345164
No, sadly. I just ask out of habit in case someone either doesn't know of the thread, or hasn't first checked there.
>>
File: Maus Army.jpg (746KB, 2606x1463px) Image search: [Google]
Maus Army.jpg
746KB, 2606x1463px
Does anyone know of any sources of not-skaven miniatures?

The setting for the game I'm writing has rat men and I'd rather not write a faction that you can't reliably find minis for.
>>
>>55345726
I know Avatara of War has a few like character models, but other than that I can't think of anything as far as like full units.
>>
SJWs on BGG just killed Cthulhuwars.... we can't have nice things.
>>
>>55345726
If you don't mind the more classic GW look, I've found a decent source

https://eoeorbisuk.com/collections/fantasy/range_vermen?page=1
>>
>>55346848
>>55345726
During my search I also stumbled on this website

http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Thats attempting to catalogue fantasy miniatures, which seems relevant to /awg/s interests
>>
>>55346800

To be fair, Cthuluwars killed Cthuluwars. SJWs just pissed on their grave.
>>
>>55346800
>>55346927
How so? The last post on anything Cthulhuwars was days ago, and most of it seems innocuous.
>>
>>55340956
Rogue stars is ok, but it feels like it's either half finished or was cut to pieces to make it fit the osprey booklet publishing format - some core rules are vague or underdeveloped and other, often very gear or situation specific rules are incredibly detailed. I'm not knocking it, but I was hoping for something either more compact and simpler to get going or a lot more detailed and immersive, but it seems to do float in the middle. Its absolutely best feature is the character builder and the scenario generator, both of which I have shamelessly lifted in part.
>>
So what /awg/ do you guys think has the best campaign system? I feel like that's one thing that games still seem to struggle with.

I quite like the one for MERCS, although due to the nature of the game your guys don't really level up and get better. But I like the whole integration of an economics phase to the campaign turns.

I also like Deadzone's campaign system along with Open Combat which reminds me most of Mordhiem which, while not perfect, I still hold up as one of the better examples.

I will say that the one the pissed me off the most was Counterblast. So much potential and they fucked up it. How do tou have a system where dudes can get injured and have their stats gets worse, but have no way for stats to get better? Seems so ass backwards to me.
>>
>>55347912
It's probably a bit bigger than /awg/ typically warrants, and I haven't played enough Dropzone (or any Dropfleet), but Hawk Wargames said they would like to interconnect a campaign between the results of Dropfleet campaigns and Dropzone Campaigns.

If such a system does get/is fleshed out and polished up, that could be really neat, where your space battles impact supply chains and units available for the ground combat companion game.
>>
>>55348025
Yeah, that'd be pretty cool. I think that had been Spartan's plan with Firestorm Aemada and Planetfall, but we all saw how that ended
>>
>>55346800
>>55346927
>>55347020
I'm curious too now, what's been happening on the Cthuluwars front? I played it a few times and it seemed like a nice little game in its own right.
>>
>>55348350
There's a significant, proven difference in work ethic between Spartan and the Hawk crowd though. The later group, historically, have planned all their moves meticulously, followed through on their promises, and kept (or beaten) deadlines. None of that can be said of spartan. They also only have one IP and two related rulesets to manage.

t. Not Actually A Hawk Shill, I Just Really Like How They Do Business
>>
>>55350142
> followed through on their promises, and kept (or beaten) deadlines.

This is not 100% true following the Dropfleet kickstarter (shipping was delayed, went to retail before backers got their stuff, no maps etc etc).

I'm not one of those people that completely flew off the handle about this, the delays were unfortunate but understandable. However it's a bit unfair to give Hawk a 100% clean slate.
>>
>>55347912
>So what /awg/ do you guys think has the best campaign system?
I've enjoyed the Deadzone one, too, although I think I'd put games like that (Mordheim too) in a separate class. Thing with wargame campaigns is - simple is usually best. A lot of times a basic fan-made branching set of scenarios is plenty for most groups. If you're looking for something grander, the method Privateer has been using for leagues for WMH the last 5 years ago works pretty well for clubs, where you've got a rotating cast of players and factions to manage. It's very much in the same style as GW's old global campaigns from a decade+ ago.

Speaking of which - probably my all-time favorite campaign supplement was a book called The General's Compendium that GW put out, uh... maybe 2001 or so. Might be one of the last really good publications they dropped, actually. It was setting-specific to WHFB, but it had a ton of advice and campaign structure ideas I've used over and over in the years since.

If you want to check out something really ambitious, Wyrd put out a campaign book for Malifaux last year that tries to hybridize a mordheim-esque Experience / Leveling and Crew Management scheme with the wargame. We didn't get far with it here (lack of players, mostly), but it's a pretty deep well.
>>
>>55350197
>This is not 100% true following the Dropfleet kickstarter
That's true, I'd forgotten about that holdup. Did you guys eventually get everything, at least?
>>
>>55350249
I did, and I think everyone else probably has by now. I have a small hope that some of the biggest whiners in the KS comments didn't though.

Best thing to come out of it all was when some saint at /dcg/ found that the most prolific complainer had accounts on some fucking furry pedoshit website. He soon shut up after that.
>>
>>55350197
>shipping was delayed, went to retail before backers got their stuff
Why does this happen so often with /tg/ kickstarters? It always, without fail, pisses off your supporters to an incredible degree.
I mean, I know the answer. Because they have contractual obligations to deliver the stuff to distributors by a certain deadline and no such thing with their backers, so it's easier to kick the people in the teeth that already gave you money and can do fuck-all, than to screw your actual business partners. But still, it's a really shitty practice.
>>
Has anyone here ever bought from Victoria Miniatures? I'm interested in a few of their legs and heads, but they are a tad pricey and I'd like to know what I'm getting, quality-wise. Comparison shots would also be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>55350911
I did a few years ago. Stuff was great. Took three weeks to travel half way around the globe, but the castings were all flawless.
I bought when they were casting in metal though, these days they do mostly resin. But they were super friendly in our correspondence and I'd buy there again in a heartbeat.
>>
>>55331935
Can't speak to the normal starter. I got a "choose two army boxes and a rulebook" deal at gencon. The southern army box was fifty bucks and included twice as many points as you'd use in a standard game. The other boxes aren't quite as good.

Reading through the rules, it looks like it's aiming for battle tech pace. Some of the rules are poorly explained which would probably bog the game down. For instance, the rules make sensor lock sound like some arcane thing until you realize 9/10 times it means "if a model has cover, you only have line of sight within 12""
>>
>>55350432
>Because they have contractual obligations to deliver the stuff to distributors by a certain deadline and no such thing with their backers, so it's easier to kick the people in the teeth that already gave you money and can do fuck-all, than to screw your actual business partners. But still, it's a really shitty practice.
I'd like to give Hawk the benefit of the doubt and assume they did everything they reasonably could to connect things on time. Reason being is that outside of that one case, they are remarkably on-the-ball for such a small outfit. With spartan or CMoN, say, you're a lot likely to give the benefit of the doubt, because it's started to look like a pattern of behavior rather than an isolated incident.
>>
>>55348489
Sandy's been accused of being mysoginistic. All it took was one idiot to open the floodgates. It's a cluster.
>>
File: GREL is not amused.jpg (7KB, 299x224px) Image search: [Google]
GREL is not amused.jpg
7KB, 299x224px
>>55328517
I am honestly glad to see that you are still shilling for Heavy gear. I was doing the DP9/Heavy Gear generals for awhile about a year ago, but ended up moving and was not able to keep it up.

Still is a pretty good game and fairly quick to play. Sure people will cry out to me going SHILL SHILL SHILL!!! REEEEEEE!!!!! Then they will go masturbate to their 40k minis about how grim and dark their soul is but whatever.

Maybe if people would give Heavy Gear a chance then we would see some more traction, but I think the entire spartan thing has people leery about going for generally smaller companies.
>>
>>55352488
Dave used to work for Spartan, my guess is he looked at their operation and vowed never to do the same.
>>
Anons, the Otherworld link in the trove is dead
>>
>>55352816
>describes a species playstyle as "crazy ex-girlfriend"
>no one really cares
>in a small side forum, a a handful of idiots get bent all out of shape by this desceiption
>one user decides to call Sandy out in the Ask Sandy thread
>quickly devolves into a "this is a stupid complaint" and "you're stupid for not seeing how this is damaging" back and forth between 2-3 posters
>Sandy geta upset and decides against doing future Ask Sandy threads

That said, the butthurt in the snowflake side thread was off the charts, given how mundane the offending post was.

>>55353723
Look in the previous thread. You should find a link.
>>
>>55353791
>in a small side forum, a a handful of idiots get bent all out of shape by this desceiption

This is like the 2017 equivalent of the 'No one would have believed...' line from the opening of War of the Worlds.
>>
>>55353791
Found it anon, thanks
>>
>>55350142
Maybe I should clarify: I'm not trying to say Hawk can't do it. In fact I have faith they can because, generally speaking, Dave and crew have got their shit together. I was simply commenting on the similarity of the idea. I would have loved to do Armada/Planetfall campaigns if Spartan had been more competent.

>>55350229
True, different games call for different measures. I think with skirmish games it should focus a bit more on the story and your dude getting better. However I think it has to be more about YOUR dudes than the pre-created named characters of the setting.

For a bigger scale game it seems like a narrative capture spots on the map type campaign works best (that's the aort of campaign I'd run for Warzone or Kings of War).

>>55351484
The North and South box both come with roughly the same points and number of models. And a standard game is around 150 points, which those boxes can reach if you take upgrades.

I will agree some of their choice of wording is a bit wonky, but the game plays a shit ton faster than Battletech. Of course brining a swimming pool to full boil with a Zippo is faster than a game of Battletech sometimes. The core mechanics are pretty easy to grasp, and the only thing that still gives me a lot of trouble is electronic warfare. It's a great addition and adds a fluffy feeling to the game, but it can be a bitch to learn.

>>55352963
I like the game, but I do totally get people being apprehensive about it. DP9 does have a less than stellar history, and their distribution and PR still could use some serious work. But I think the game is damn fun, I love the setting and the designs and yeah I'll talk about it if people wanna talk about it or when they show new stuff off.

Also I feel like the meaning of "shill" has changed. To me that was always someone who tried to convince everyone to buy the game and acted like it and the company were 100% perfect with zero flaws.
>>
Kickstarter guy again.

When it comes to Codex's/faction books/whatever, how many of you actually buy them vs pirate them? To those that buy them, would you still buy them if they were available for free? To those that pirate, would you be more willing to support the company if they gave you pdfs for free?
>>
>>55354666
I'm not a huge fan of books for each faction, honestly. I get why companies do it (no 500+ page rulebook with all the unit stats), but it always feels like a cash grab to me.

Personally I'd prefer everything just be available as a digital format for amries. I'll totally buy a physical rulebook, but for army books I'd rather have a pdf.
>>
>>55354666
I tend to hoard rulesets so I pirate a lot.

However if I actually play a game more than once and start to get into it I'll usually buy a copy, preferably a physical one if possible.
>>
>>55354709
I'm thinking about putting it all online for free with physical revisions that are purchasable. I just don't understand the market enough to know if I'm giving away too much for free. Rules would be free, unit cards free, codex free. Realistically the only things that wouldn't be free are the minis themselves.
>>
>>55354666
I pirate a lot, but I only buy what I use or I like a lot. For example, the SWN guy, he did an exellent job and I think I will support him in his next kickstarter, his work so far it's exellent even when I probably will never play a SWN game.
>>
>>55354848
>>55354762
Thanks guys.

I'll probably begin to post more frequently around here in the near future when I start getting things going. When models start being made I'll post them here too.

Feedback makes the world go round and even post kickstarter if we're successful I plan on doing a lot of community based things.
>>
>>55354783
That's how several games do it. Dark Age, Wrath of Kings, Warzone. They all offer the rules free online, but you can buy them physically if you want to have them. I think that's a great way to go. Like I said: some stuff I'll gladly buy a physical copy of (I have a rulebook problem), but if I like more than one army I don't want to spend $30-40 per a book to have their stats and know what they offer.
>>
>>55354666
I typically try to find it online first, to see if the game is worth getting into. Then if it looks like it's worth investing into, I'll buy physical.

Now keep in mind, both for production costs, distributio, piracy, etc., a lot of companies are shifting towards putting the rules out for free, and relegating the books to hiding any lore and just being a more of a nice tool to quickly find information, rather than fumbling with a pdf. This way you can let players look at the rules for free, and it builds some good will.

Maybe have either a single book with just unit lore for all factions and leave the stats to free pdfs,l, or something?
>>
>>55354946
Mercs recently put out free rules (albeit with a few things missing, like scenarios, lore, and the like). Heck, even Wryd and Privateer Press have put out free rulebooks for Malifaux and WarmaHordes, so even the bigger names in wargaming are moving in that direction to stay competitive.
>>
>>55354968
On mobile now,
I think the majority feeling from here and others I've asked us make it all free with a paid alternate.

>>55354946
I've been tinkering with the thought of the physical book being all factions all models and rules with smaller pdf versions online so you can download what you want to save space.
>>
>>55354666
I like a book. But I also like to know what I'm buying.

Basically if you got the GW model where each army book alone already costs 50 bucks I'm not gonna pay for that.
I enjoy the Osprey books at ~15 buck though, and you get the whole game.

Really depends on how you price them and what you get in return.
Kind of hard to give a universal answer.

As I said, if not the full rules at least a free quickstart ruleset or something like that is always a nice way to see if the game seems interesting, before committing shelf space to it .
>>
>>55355102
True. And Heavy Bear's rules are free online these days too.

Didn't know about Wyrd, totally forgot that PP had been doing it. I think World of Twilight still has the rules free online as well.

I am totally down to buy a book for fluff and extra rules (like how MERCS doesn't include the campaign rules in the download).
>>
Asp is cute!
>>
>>55354783
This is the reasonable thing. Let's be honest - if you are an alternative wargame, people will either pirate your rules first and then decide, or they won't bother because they can't easily get the rules and won't buy them blind. The number of people that straight up buy a ruleset blind is small, especially if you don't have a renowed name behind it as an author. Just cut out the middleman and give out the rules as a download and to a physical copy for people that want it.
>>
>>55356348
What about pay-what-you-want as a compromise?
>>
>>55356405
Sure, that might also work. You also might get less money out of PwyW + Physical books than with Free PDF + physical books, because people might buy the PDF for one buck and feel less obligated to buy a physical copy. That's something for an economist to figure out, though.
>>
>>55356405
It's a toss up. Some people develop a really dedicated following, and players are willing to chip in a decent amount on top of a rare few that drop a good chunk of change for your service. Other times you might get a few people paying, or even just a dripfeed of a few bucks a month.

Kind of like Patreon. Some folks male scads of money from fans and supporters (some of which I cam't even begin to explain how they manage or even warrant it), others make a tidy sum from their supporters, amd others never really take off and get a bit of beer money after Patreon tales its cut.

That said, if you offer rules as pay what you want, you probably stand to get SOME money out of it rather than none, I imagine.
>>
>>55356405
I think it would be a little odd to have a pay what you want but have a paid version as well, even if that version is physical. If they were to donate a few, wouldn't they rather buy the physical ed.?

>>55356348
Rules were always going to be free to download, army books were what I was thinking about. If someone was to see the models and abilities that could act as a draw and they might play vs the opposite.

>>55356624
I've been thinking about how to integrate patron with the kickstarter. I like the idea of a semi private one for backers/VIP access they buy later or something.
>>
>>55356718
I Mean a patreon sub for a semi private discord among other things. I don't type thoughts out well on mobile.
>>
>>55356718
PWYW Digital copy, fixed-price physical.

Makes more sense to me since physical books have defined costs to produce.
>>
>>55357143
Wait I didn't read that post correctly, disregard.
>>
File: 1459662136048.png (1MB, 1280x827px) Image search: [Google]
1459662136048.png
1MB, 1280x827px
Anyone know where this mini is from? I'm aware it's painted to look like Solaire
>>
>>55357981
I think that is a reaper figure. Good luck finding him in their catalogue.
>>
File: 02715_w_1.jpg (58KB, 437x500px) Image search: [Google]
02715_w_1.jpg
58KB, 437x500px
>>55357981
>>55358642
Found it.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/templar/sku-down/02715
>>
>>55358642
>>55358769
I was about to say, they actually have a good search engine...
>>
>>55356042
>Heavy Bear
so, stuffed miniatures in mechas. cool. i will play that.

>>55357981
that is literally their scaleknight. i forgot his name. i converted one, no helm.
>jolly cooperation?

so, on the September build, i have a pair of Gnolls i was going to convert to Frostgrave casters pair: would that be OK? i an 10% through the conversion work.
>>
>>55358922
>Heavy Bears
Fucking typos...
>>
>>55354783
This has become the rule rather than the exception, as >>55354946 says.

Best way to take advantage is probably provide everything free online, and then just make money on the minis and any "luxury" items - physical books and/or cards, widgets and tools, even 'bonus' electronic content that falls below the "worth pirating" threshold. Not everyone will buy, but if the prices are reasonable there are plenty of players who will happily throw you a few bucks for those types of things. Let's face it, referencing game rules on a tablet or computer printout ain't all that great.
>>
>>55352963
They can't give it a chance because it has no presence and no one wants to start playing a game from a dead company.
>>
>>55358769
Thanks dude
>>
>>55359114
think of it, the living stuffed bear can in many ways be an intimidating and enduring opponent....
>>
>>55362610
Stuffed bear piloting a Grizzly.

Dear god I need a drawfag!
>>
File: DSCN7296.jpg (303KB, 503x600px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN7296.jpg
303KB, 503x600px
>>55362784
best i could do on the spur...
>>
File: Final Jagers.jpg (460KB, 600x711px) Image search: [Google]
Final Jagers.jpg
460KB, 600x711px
I really wish Heavy Gear had any kind of presence here. I've tried giving demos at my LGS, but it was usually met with the "I've already spent so much on X game, I don't want to start another" Which I guess I can't blame them for, that's a pretty legit reason I guess. Unless they show up with a full new army for X game shortly there after.

I have two decent sized armies too, so it's not like people really would have to spend dosh to give it a whirl.
>>
>>55363173
It means they just don't want to spend on THIS game, anon. The reson is bullshit.
>>
>>55363173
Yeah, I get that response a lot. Always slays me when they won't even get a free demo of a game. Like it won't cost then anything other than a little time.

Totally knew a guy who refused do try any game other than 40k, and I used to joke with him that he was afraid of discovering other games because they would have better rules. Sadly I don't think it was too inaccurate.
>>
what's the best/cheapest way to get into KoW?
>>
>>55363173
Come to my club and run a demo game. If you ever stop through Tokyo

Heavy Gear is a game I'm perennially on the fence about - I can't justify (to myself) buying into it without ever having played nor knowing anyone IRL who does.
>>
>>55364604
Paper minis, or simple cardboard cut outs. If you mean with minis, there are people than prefer to play KoW with 10mm-15mm scale miniatures.
>>
>>55364672
I hear mini wargaming never really took off in Japan, and that it's mostly an expat activity in some of the larger cities. Seems like a bit of a shame, I'd like to see what Japanese non-historical sculptors and designers could come up with.
>>
Feels like HG is tabletop equivalent of LawBreakers. It looks snazzy and different, and then it turns out 99% of it's playerbase dropped it in a week from purchase. Some games just can't hold on to players.
>>
>>55364699
GW does quite well for itself, but it's still a really niche hobby - especially outside of major cities.
Back when I used to play 40k, I'd play with the Japanese players sometimes - mostly cool dudes.

Outside of GW...at Japanese FLGS, I've heard that a few people are playing Guildball, Frostgrave and X-Wing (which is a royal pain in the arse to get over here, thanks Bandai).

But yeah, these days I mostly play with expats. Every now and then I get some interest if I'm playing a game of Bolt Action or Ronin, but it usually doesn't get much beyond a "sugoi ne."

USARMYfags down on the base do love them some 40k/Smegmar and Malifaux though.
>>
>>55364699
Tits and samurai and nazis, if anime is accurate representation of japanese nerd psyche.
>>
>>55364779
I'd be holding out for some really kick ass youkai, myself. Always felt that they are underutilized in minis games. Bushido has a few factions with some in them (and one centered around a few, entirely), but it just doesn't scratch the proper itch I've got.

>>55364763
Is it safe to assume that when playing with the Japanese crowd, you played with Japanese source materials? If so, how was it learning to play, discuss rules disputes, etc. in Japanese? Seems like an interesting challenge.
>>
>>55364828
Nah, most of them could either speak English well enough to have discovered wargaming while living abroad / through foreign friends / etc. The ones who didn't speak English still weren't a challenge - we had the understood rules between us at least.

Outside of the big players (GW, Warlord) the rules don't get translated into Japanese. And when they do, if they differed it wasn't by much and it wasn't a big deal.

I'm not sure I'd expect youkai from Japanese sculptors. That's more the sort of thing that kids and foreigners are into.
I'd expect Nazis, Nazi armor, Super-Nazis and Loli-Nazis. Outside of historical, there are a few companies like aurora models making stuff for D&D and the like.
>>
>>55364604
Here's an extremely cheap method to make some KoW armies if you don't wanna spend a great deal but still want some of the spectacle of fielding an army: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foQj8PDNF9w
>>
>>55364699
The /tg/ scene in Japan is dominated by CCGs, right?
>>
>>55365700
Oh and model kits/gunpla stuff too I guess.
>>
>>55365700
>>55365708

For wargaming, Hex and Chit is pretty big. ASL always draws a good turnout of at least 50/50 Japanese to Expats.

CCGs are big, yeah. So are model kits, especially Tamiya (peace be upon it) and the gunpla lines.

Board games are taking off though - a few board game cafes have opened up recently and seem to be doing well. One of the wargaming stores here even made their own boardgame which is carried almost everywhere, it seems.
>>
I hope that I'm in the right thread for this, but has anyone played the Batman Miniature Game from Knight Models? If yes, what is your opinion? I saw it yesterday by chance and it intrigued me.
>>
>>55365796
Hex and Chit being popular is a welcome surprise to me. Wouldn't have thought wargaming would be too big considering military stuff (giant robots notwithstanding) seems a bit frowned upon.

Do you get many serving/former JSDF members playing?
>>
>>55365925
Never met a JSDF member. Most of the Japanese people I meet who are into wargaming are either turbonerds, westaboos, middle aged men, or some combination thereof (not that much different from the expat community - myself included - just switch west with wee).

Military stuff is definitely not frowned upon - I'd say it makes up 90% of non-gunpla hobby modeling. And that's before we even take airsoft/survival games with their hyper-realistic toys into account.
>>
What is wrong with DP9? I loved heavy gear back in the day and never knew it had a tabletop, should I be staying away?
>>
>>55365999
they had some financial troubles back in the day, sort of went quiet games wise although they have had editions come out. Now with the whole wargame company deaths happening people are ripping saying so and so company is Spartan games. Even if there is no real thing of it.
>>
File: 15575753144_94c0fd196d_k.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
15575753144_94c0fd196d_k.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
>>55365796
>game store self-made item

Roll & Role?
>>
>>55367010
I was thinking of Giant Hobby's Dorasure, but Role & Roll does TRPG stuff too.
>>
File: DSC_0321.jpg (123KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0321.jpg
123KB, 700x394px
>>55367010
>>55367042

This one. One of these days I may get around to trying it, since I like Giant Hobby.
>>
>>55363173
>>55363173
Welcome to the 40k problem. Unless you have a good starter box that makes up like 50%-75% of a standard army people just don't have the funds for it.
>>
I am a fart sniffer
>>
>>55368207
The new starter box for Heavy gear though can be a full sized army in itself, you have enough almost for three whole squads with supports. A 100 TV game typically has two squads, and it is just skirmish almost. These are with two upgraded squads as well.
>>
>>55369512
>>55368207
This is what is in the north army starter. And the 2 player battlebox is generally cheaper than GW anyways.

4 x Hunter plastic miniature parts sprue & hex base
4 x Jaguar plastic miniature parts sprue & hex base
2 x Cheetah plastic miniature parts sprue & hex base
2 x Grizzly plastic miniature parts sprue & round base
1 x Kodiak plastic miniature parts sprue & round base
1 x Ferret plastic miniature parts sprue & hex base
>>
here is the new rpg rules btw.

Akirite press tho, is basically scammers, and sitting on the license and not doing shit with it.
>>
File: disire to know more.jpg (3KB, 112x90px) Image search: [Google]
disire to know more.jpg
3KB, 112x90px
>>55325728
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7PjQnw_E0U
This shit looks great
Op if you're going to shill it i'm all ears
>>
File: FB_IMG_1505328297401.jpg (144KB, 1000x1460px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1505328297401.jpg
144KB, 1000x1460px
>>55372603
Yeah I'm still here along with a few other HG fans. What do you wanna know?

Also new renders for more PRDF! Spartan and Man like this time.
>>
>>55372655
>Man like
God dammit, phone.
>>
>>55372655
Well there were a couple things some of them made redundant since I've just noticed the core rules was just posted above me. I'm going to go into that for faction explanations and ideas but a quick summery of them would be nice.

more importantly i want to know about the the standard stuff.
How easy is are the resin/metal to deal with, how do you like the game compared to others.
Do you know when the kickstarter is starting because i'm going to hold off getting anything until then.

and this might be a bit weird but tell me the worst things about a given game that you find.
>>
>>55372874
https://www.sendspace.com/file/1lxa6d

The tabletop rules

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Heavy_Gear#Factions_of_Heavy_Gear
faction run down sort of
>>
>>55372874
The metals I would say are only a tiny bit more annoying than other metal models on the market, if only because getting the damn rocket pods to stay attached always gave me iasues. Other than that id you've worked with metal models before they should be no issues.

The plastics are quite nice, if not as detailed, and go together super easy which made assembling my South starter quick and mostly painless (except the Iguanas).

Rules wise I quite like it. It's very different to other games in how it handles things which makes it feel unique and not like some other game with a new coat of paint. Movement feels fluid, combat is pretty fast and I'm so glad they took all that multiplication shit out.

The new Kickstarter which will bring plastics to Peace River, NuCoal and Utopia is slated for the end of this month.
>>
>>55373484
I'm hype about the NuCoal plastics, finally get to see what the Arbalestier looks like.

Now that spartan's gone my LGS will have a decent size hole in it's shelves. Time to shill with demo games.
>>
>>55374376
I'm a bit sad we aren't getting the rest of the North and South redone in plastic for the Kickstarter. Was really looking forward to picking up some Nagas.
>>
>>55373484
I'm a bit miffed that the new rules make Skill ratings pretty much meaningless in opposed rolls.

I found a dice rolling script for the new edition online and with 3 attack dice against 2 defence dice having a 2+ gunnery and 6+ piloting compared to 4+/4+ was basically equivalent to going from BS3 to B4 in WH40k.
>>
>>55374458
You might get some stuff in stretch goals or something, maybe.
>>
>>55354471
One good thing about DP9 post kickstarter is that all their plastic molds are in Indiana rather than China. That means their inventory control is much much tighter than other companies. I run demos for Flying Frog and it's always a crapshoot for them whether they'll get something in time for Gencon. (This year they had to airfreight the Last Night on Earth 10th Anniversary edtion directly to their hotel, because even with air travel it'd arrive after their truck left for Indiana.)

Anyway, my feeling is that the HG Blitz plastics are inexpensive enough that they really should start looking into making rules that play faster so people can use more gears on the field. 8+ models in 45 minutes rather than 4 to 8 in two hours. I'm thinking of starting up a "Heavy Gear Nano" rules set based off of Savage Worlds.
>>
>>55374600
>4 to 8 in two hours
bullshit, four is literally the smallest game you can play and no way does that take 2 hours.
>>
In regards to the last thread I've given Otherworld Skirmish another read and it's not as odd as I remembered.

My complaint about activations seems pretty unfounded. While it's true you only get activation points equal to half of your warband there are a lot of skills that get you more, the emphasis seems to be that if you buy plebs they'll generally stand around and not do much unless you also buy someone with leadership skills which makes perfect sense to be honest.

My biggest issue is actually with the warband construction, a lot of the it just seems redundant and/or arbitrary. Their are 3 types of unit: Legend, Companion, and Minion. To use rpg terminology Legends would be player characters, Companions high level NPCs and Minions mid to low level NPCs. You can have any number of any of them and you aren't required to buy any one unit type to get another. You can have a mix or you can have all legends, all companions or all Minions at your leisure. You can also make a warband entirely of monsters if you like.

The problem is that a lot of these units are just needlessly restrictive in odd ways.

For example you can't mix good and evil units. This may seem like common sense at first but the issue is that the decision on what is good and what's evil is completely arbitrary. It also stops you from having certain units based on your alignment. And no I'm not complaining that I can't have a good aligned Mind Flayer or something daft like that, the units in the game are far more generic than that, my issue is that I can't have a good aligned fighter Companion at all. I can have a cleric, a thief, a bard, or a ranger but no fighter. I can have a fighter Legend and fighter minions and evil players can have all three.

You can of course just ignore the good and evil restriction but then that begs the question of why is it there at all?

1/2
>>
>>55374939

Minions also have their issues with arbitrary limitations.

For example the book has 11 types of human minions who all have pretty much the same profile but with different skills and gear options, the problem is if you want certain gear you have to buy certain types of minion and said minion might not have abilities that synergise well with his gear. It can be quite frustrating.

It seems like they could have saved time and streamlined things by just having one profile for each of the classic D&D races and giving them all the options so you can just do what you like. They could have still kept these profiles as examples too.

Realistically there's nothing stopping you from equipping minions however you like as the book includes all the points you would need to figure it out and make it work it's just irritating you have to do the work yourself and as before it just begs the question why?

Wow, this turned into a bit of a ramble, tl;dr I think the system looks kind of neat but not without it's issues. I'm going to see if any of my mates fancy playing it as with a bit of tweaking I think it could be decent fun.

2/2
>>
>>55374376
I hope they bring out the Arby.

>>55374429
I think the goal is just the core stuff in plastic right now. I don't mind thr bigger stuff being resin with aome metal bits, personally.

>>55374458
I'm gonna trust you on that. I don't deal with the math and probabilities side of things. I like how the new dice mechanics work, but to each their own.

>>55374600
I quite like the plastics. I'm intending to buy a second South starter down the line, and maybe another Caprice. This upcoming KS I'll just be throwing in for PRDF.

Speaking of HG: I've finally settled on how I want to paint my South army. I want them to be primary green with purple secondary. I have Vallejo Royal Purple, but what would be a nice, deep, green to go with that? Preferably Vallejo as well.
>>
File: Vallejo Model Color Line.png (128KB, 813x816px) Image search: [Google]
Vallejo Model Color Line.png
128KB, 813x816px
>>55375241
>I have Vallejo Royal Purple, but what would be a nice, deep, green to go with that? Preferably Vallejo as well.
Probably something from their Model Color line. Also, it depends on what kind of green you want. A more "true" green, or maybe more of a washed out, deep military green? I've marked the greens on the color chart they have, so you can try to find some that might be worth looking into.
>>
>>55374865
I haven't played it yet, I'm going by what they state in the Quick Start rules.
>>
>>55376686
4 Models a piece would take you about an hour if you were learning to play the game as you went along. If you already know how to play, it'll take you ten or fifteen minutes at most.
>>
>>55373484
>The metals I would say are only a tiny bit more annoying than other metal models on the market,
You say that but I and many others constantly had to deal with some of the shittiest mold slippage I've ever seen on minis. Was it still workable? sure, but I'd never call DP9 good casts.
>>
>>55376154
Thanks, man! I have Medium Green I think. I may look into Deep Green.

And being Wednesday me and Bartosz got in our weekly MERCS fight. I brought my GCC this time against his House 4 in the Economic mission. Didn't take any pictures this week as my guys were just bare plastic.

House 4 brought an Engineer, Survivalist, Shock, Heavy and Sniper.

My GCC came with a Judge, Agent, Demo, Heavy and Sniper.

Game ended in a 4-4 tie after all was said and done. Highlights include me not understanding how cover is determined until after it would have saved my guys, my Heavy whiffing all 3 shots at the Survivalist but managing to score two hits on my Demo because I'm dumb and thus killing him and a beautiful bounding activation with the Survivalist pumping the Shock full of drugs and the Shock then raping my Judge's face.

Overall a fun game, though.
>>
>>55377270
Oh, shitty. I had limited experience assrmbling the metal models so my experience is by no means the norm. I had some of the Arena guys and then went together mostly alright. Been so ling since I put them together I can't really remember much else.
>>
>Running Blow: A character with Running Blow need not stop his movement when in hand-to-hand combat as long as he draws or wins the combat. In effect, he may ‘run past’ while hitting. He still needs to spend an action to strike the opponent as normal.

>Dashing: A Dashing character may move into hand-to-hand combat and make an attack as one action.

>Combat Fiend: The character thrives on adrenalin, and uses his heightened combat awareness to make multiple attacks. He may, so long as he has available actions, make more than one hand-to-hand or ranged attack per activation.

Would a model that has all three special rules be able to make one attack for free per move action? That sounds unfair at first glance, but at 31 points, I'm paying as much for this gimmick as I would for an absolute monster of a gun, so I'm looking for a second opinion.

Rule set is Flying Lead, which is built off the SoBaH framework.
>>
>>55374939
>>55374977
I feel mostly the same way about the restrictions. I want to use it as a sandbox, so most of the restrictions will go out of the window...generic classes would be better than the current ones I'd say, and once I actually get into the game, I might make an expansion.

Also, there needs to be more magic.
>>
>>55378248
It will be nice to get my rulebook soon. I could get by with the pdf rules, but I'm quite curious about the missions, and further details on the models that the site skimps on.
>>
File: 2017-09-14 10.04.43.jpg (120KB, 653x270px) Image search: [Google]
2017-09-14 10.04.43.jpg
120KB, 653x270px
Trying to decide if this spaceship colour scheme is good as is or needs one more colour/more gold.

Plain military green with just a few spots of gold and silver gives it a villainous horde Zeon/Gamilas look which is cool, but if I did the prow white it would be a homage to the classic BFG Imperial colours.
>>
>>55382083
Reminds me a lot of the Brakiri.
>>
>>55382083
If it were me, I'd do that band around the nose in a colour other than deep green, it just makes it look too flat. Or at the very least, I'd highlight around the seams.
>>
>>55380030

Yeah now you mention it it is odd that there are so few spells.
>>
>>55382596
I've edge highlighted it lighter green, but I was considering doing the front segment of the hull white.
>>
>>55382596
Adding to this, you could use different colours to differentiate squadrons or something.
>>
>>55340219
I remember you, a bunch of your pictures from march last year inspired me to kitbash up some BFG
>>
>>55382083
Could also just do some stripes / markings / numbers to dress it up a little bit.
>>
>>55385710
I tried Homeworld.style stripes on another fleet, it was hell and I said never again to freehand.

I think a contrasting colour for the nosecone will look best based on the advice here.
>>
>>55385779
>I said never again to freehand.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why not use tape to get the lines right?
>>
>>55385833
I tried that and found the surface greebles on the mini meant the tape didn't adhere nicely.
>>
>>55382083
Is this firestorm?
>>
>>55385920
What about a simple paper wraparound stencil? Cut the windows for stripes in the paper, wrap it around the ship where you need it and use fingers to keep it in place by tugging at the bottom. This way you can get stripes on the sides and on top. And I doubt you need them on the underside.
>>
File: 20170914_185730.jpg (380KB, 979x551px) Image search: [Google]
20170914_185730.jpg
380KB, 979x551px
>>55386117
It's for Full Thrust, the models are from Raven Star Studios.

They're a bit pricy and I found their international shipping is very slow on account of being non-trackable USPS but they have a big advantage over GZG/Brigade in being one- or two-piece resin casts so they're lighter and less precarious.

>>55388286
That was something I never thought of, and now I feel dumb as hell.

Anyway, I added a cream-coloured section to the ship I posted and I think it improves it infinitely.
>>
>>55389434
What's your experience with FT? I'm looking for a new starship game to play, but I've heard mixed things about it.
>>
>>55390883
I really like what I've seen of it, although I've only played it twice so that isn't a particularly authoritative opinion.

It does a lot of things right but has a fair few bits of clearly quite dated design that even the fanmade rules cleanups like Project Continuum don't quite fix.

I like the plotting movement phase, and the sheer variety of weapons Continuum has. The big thing though is because you're encouraged to stat your own ships it has a large "don't be a dick" aspect.
>>
File: IMG_0527.jpg (367KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0527.jpg
367KB, 1920x1080px
>>55326029
Here's where I'd put my monster, if it had turned up yet.

Also bump
>>
>>55378248
yes, it was

I am not a fan of the M range only and shorter weapons, but the House 4 Shock (trooper) makes up for it in how lewdly ludicrous his Carbine in, with a very lightly costed attack-and-move and 3 move actions.
>>
>>55379355
I'd say no, none of those abilities generates a free action or a chain.
>>
Just received my Copy of Dracula's America - looks to be fun!
>>
>>55394471
Short range weapons may not seem great, but remember they are always going to have a bonus to hit for range.

Plus up close stuff like machine pistols can be dangerous because they can do their sweep attack. Combine that with stuff like grenades and getting up close and personal and fuck someone's day up. Plus you play the faction whose heavy can shoot guys at point blank range.
>>
>>55396543
>Short range weapons may not seem great, but remember they are always going to have a bonus to hit for range.
That strikes me as a bit odd to me. Weapons need to hit their target number, the weapons get range bonuses, but they aren't baked into the TN value for weapons that can't fire outside of base/short/medium range. Which is made a bit more confusing since several skills are listed as being automatically applied to the values on the stat card.

Melee is similarly confusing. A merc with fighter and melee 2 can negate the -3 penalty for moving and attacking with melee, and then gets +4 to his roll result, since fighter and melee 2 each grant +2 on the roll? So the sefadu Leader with melee 3 doesn't negate the penalty but effectively cancels it out with his melee bonus, but the assassin negates the -3 penalty, and gets +2 from fighter and +2 from melee 2, right?

I guess while I rave about my rules quanderies, I'll bring up the Texico Breacher. He has Base/Short range on his dynamite, placing it WITHIN one card length, and the explosion's template is - as seen in the picture - one card length from the center of the grenade's location. Does this mean that if he tosses some dynamite as a grenade, he's always going to eat a hit from it unless he's pitching it from a height of E1 or greater?

Similarly, since the Keizai Waza FO needs to be "WITHIN 2 cards of the FO's chosen target area" to fire the nuke with the SAT-imager, wouldn't that mean that the 2 card template would nail him as well whenever the nuke gets used?

I'm hoping the physical rulebook will help me figure some of this out once it arrives.

>Plus up close stuff like machine pistols can be dangerous because they can do their sweep attack.
Only if you have two of them. The GCC Chief and EIC Shock Trooper are the only two that have a sweep template with their machine pistols. Everyone else has to make due with a single target.
>>
File: Living dangerously.png (370KB, 1072x698px) Image search: [Google]
Living dangerously.png
370KB, 1072x698px
>>55396873
>as seen in the picture
Hurr
>>
>>55363439
That's legitimate. There's a weird insecurity about many, many superior games for those guys who've only ever played 40k.
After I gave up 40k, I spend half the money on 5 seperate armies for 5 seperate games, all of which I like more and in very diverse ways.
BTW people, Dark Age is the shit and costs very little to play.
>>
File: 1459300543174.gif (719KB, 293x182px) Image search: [Google]
1459300543174.gif
719KB, 293x182px
>>55397517
Please don't tempt me. I'd love to pick up some CORE, Kukulkani, or Brood (although the new models in the recent battle report didn't really impress, but maybe that was the drab paint scheme), but I have literally no one to play with. My friends don't like minis games, and I'm trying to heavily cut back on my attempts to talk them into games. There is one store I know of that has at least 1-2 Dark Age players, but it's a good 40 minutes away by freeway. There is a store about 20 minutes from me, but 40k rules over it with an iron fist.

I already have a stockpile of minis from 6 or 7 games sitting around for me to look at with desperate longing. I can't really justify another to toss on the pile.
>>
File: I must be retarded or something.png (223KB, 449x811px) Image search: [Google]
I must be retarded or something.png
223KB, 449x811px
>>55396873
>I guess while I rave about my rules quandaries, I'll bring up the Texico Breacher...
>Similarly, since the Keizai Waza FO...

Upon further reflection, I guess I was mixing up how movement requires the entire base to be entirely within the movement card's boundary to count as a legal movement action, versus needing just a part of a base inside an attack range to count for that particular range band as is apparently shown in this image. It looks like I could place an explosive just so it slightly overlaps with the range card, so that the attacking model can sit just outside of the template's range.

All of this said, I should probably stop plugging up the thread with my struggle to read fairly simple rules.
>>
Don't suppose anyone has the gcps beta list for Deadzone? Unsurprisingly with the official list on the horizon Mantic have taken it down.
>>
I've enjoyed Heavy Gear for a long time. Glad to see that it still gets some love on /tg. Does anybody have an Excel spreadsheet for making vehicles in the VCS? I could throw one together myself, but I'm sure someone else has already done it better than I would.
>>
>>55397517
I kind off understand not wanting to buy into a game where you'd have to invest a significant amount when you are already invested into two or three other big games. Say, switching from 40k+Fantasy+Epic to Warzone, Warmachine or DPC. But what I really don't understand is when a) people don't even want to try, and b) especially when they have miniatures that'd work fine in the other ruleset.
>>
>>55399441

NVM, they've just released the new rules.
>>
File: IMG_1535.jpg (158KB, 1000x871px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1535.jpg
158KB, 1000x871px
Bimp
>>
File: 3 - DarkAge.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
3 - DarkAge.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>55404441
Mods are asleep, post minis.
>>
>>55404441
Speaking of Ion Age, they just released some sandworms today.

Can't help but think the big one would be good for Dune stuff at 6mm.
>>
File: IMG_2618.jpg (132KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2618.jpg
132KB, 640x480px
>>55404489
>>
Anyone here ever play 7TV?

I got into it pretty recently at my local club/store but I never see anyone else ever talk about it.
>>
>>55374376
I am also pretty hype them
it's the only thing keeping me form snapping up the starter set for it at my store.
>>
>>55396873
Yeah, why some stuff isn't automatically factored in is a bit weird. I still don't think people should underestimate short range weapons. On a properly laid out table with enough covering terrain trying to have superiority via range doesn't always work.

And you're right about sweeping. That's my bad.

>>55397517
>>55397642
Dark Age is so damn good. Now if only anyone other than CMON were in charge of it people might actually be able to get their hands on the game.
>>
>>55405340
I'd pick up Dark Age just to have the great minis in my collection, but I feel like I'd have to liquidate my WarmaHordes and Malifaux stuff first, since that's never going to see any more use by me. I wish there was an easier way to unload unused armies other than Bartertown.
>>
File: 011-Skarrd-Unboxing.jpg (262KB, 1252x750px) Image search: [Google]
011-Skarrd-Unboxing.jpg
262KB, 1252x750px
>>55405340
>>55405583
BLOS just did a Dark Age unboxing for the Skarrd starter. Fuck, these new Buzzblades look so good in this material. I'm stunned they aren't metal.

The 500 point full starter set is 60 dollars... (for those who don't know, 500-750 pts are a full game)
>>
>>55405749
Not to shill harder (but I do because I really love this game) but goddamn. One thing I'm sad about is how much 'junk' is on the base of the Harpies, but thank god they're plastic else those wings would just disintegrate.
>>
>>55405583
Well I suck at the whole painying thing so having them just for display purposes doesn't work so well for me.

I've sold some stuff on eBay, but it's really hit-or-miss. I also have a local shop that buys stuff.
>>
>>55330072
The plastics were fantastic. Wish I still had mine.
>>
>>55404592
Yes. It's a very solid system which I enjoyed immensely. Perfect for the TV show style gameplay. I'm actu
>>
File: 1505501849254.jpg (527KB, 1024x748px) Image search: [Google]
1505501849254.jpg
527KB, 1024x748px
Where can I find minis that capture the classic fantasy feel like early D&D and pre-movie Tolkien?
Pic very much related.
>>
>>55407219
Isn't this kind of Otherworld's schtick?
>>
>>55407308
I guess I should have specified 28mm. Otherworld is 32mm right?
>>
What skirmish rules would be good for Glorantha?
>>
>>55398462
yes.
the card length of move is shorter than the cardlength of range
>>
>>55405583
Finding the game specific FB trade groups is the new hot way to unload. (WMH is a tough sell)
>>
>>55407332
>Otherworld is 32mm right?
No.
Even then you could still use your collection with the rules, the difference isn't that big.
>>
>>55408744
>Glorantha
I only read the blurb on wikipedia about what that is, but from that I gather that maybe Dragon/Lion Rampant or SoBaH may be a good choice since you can build your won units with those rules.
Should be able to accommodate mortals and mythical creatures alike.

I have literally no idea what a skirmish battle in that setting would look like though, I'm just guessing form the wiki article.
>>
File: 1469446762204.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
1469446762204.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
>>55410356
>FB trade groups
Bummer.
>>
>>55411910
Offloading stuff can be a bitch. I sold two Warzone armies on Facebook, so it can work.

You could ask around your LGS, although they may not like that too much.
>>
>>55390883
ANother anon, we actually settled on it over Dropfleet. It's not very good if you want whole fleets to fight, but if you're fine with 4-6 ships per side, it's a great game.
>>
Does the Exceptional Base Sizes rule allow you to mount normal infantry characters on 25mm bases in Kings of War?
>>
>>55415072
Yes, as does the Rule of Cool.
>>
>>55354040

I'm not seeing a link to another AWG thread. Where did you find Otherworld?
>>
>>55415843
>I'm not seeing a link to another AWG thread
>>55326029
>Previous thread: >>55236995
>>
>>55415669
Ok, good, I'd rather use Varangur Magi on 25mm bases for obvious reasons.
>>
>>55407219
Ral Partha, Grenadier etc
>>
How is Mantic doing now? It seems like they've launched a lot of new projects, hope they aren't dying.
>>
>>55416545
There's the KoW campaign thing going on right now I think.
>>
>>55407219
>>55416185
>Grenadier
This. You can still get a lot of the D&D models from the 80s.
Otherworld has newer sculpts, but classical flavor too.
Warmonger, the daughter of foundry, also has some classic fantasy pieces. Some of the old citadel models too. Citadel used to do minis for LotR and D&D back in the day, but I'm not sure if they have those models specifically.
Warlord bought Wargames Factory's plastic orcs, which feel like pre movie Tolkien orcs to me.
>>
>>55416545
Every once in a while I see a well painted example of one of their plastic kits and I'm kind of surprised that I never noticed the models before.

Mantic is kind of weird like that. They should really put more effort in marketing their minis I think.
>>
File: shiva1.jpg (376KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
shiva1.jpg
376KB, 2048x1536px
>>55406577
I played a great game of it today actually, my evil forces of SHIVA led by the Guru against the soldiers of definitely-not-UNIT led by the not!Brigadier. I won, but it was a very fun and engaging game.
>>
File: shiva20.jpg (101KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
shiva20.jpg
101KB, 720x960px
More pics of my game of 7TV today.

https://imgur.com/a/Sp2hG

My big group of minions advanced down the street while the Guru and a Claw of SHIVA moved towards the objective and the Brigadier.

Some rounds of sniping followed until I drew the Script Revision countdown card which allowed me to swap two of any same model - I switched the Guru and Brigadier - the Guru dominated one of the X-Troopers and killed the other, while the Brigadier weathered a storm of fire from my minions. I then used the Dominated X-Trooper to shoot the Brigadier in the back - killing him.

My remaining minions rushed the Dependable Deputy (the only model remaining on my opponents side) and beat him to death with their coshes.

Really great game, plays like a cult TV show and there's tons of opportunity for making your own characters, organisations and episodes. Would highly recommend to anyone.
>>
What are your wargaming plans for the near future, /awg/? I'm going to show a couple of rulesets to a buddy who's interested in wargaming, namely SoBaH, Malifaux. Rogue Stars, Frostgrave, LotR, KoW, 40k and WHFB6th Edition
If any of these tickle his fancy, I'll probably start a new project up in that game to help him get started.
>>
>>55419720
Terminator Genisys and Judge Dredd. Need to assemble and paint a few more resistance guys and a street gang.
>>
>>55419720
More MERCS, some Heavy Gear demos soon and maybe some Firestorm Armada or Dystopian Wars.
>>
>>55419720
I've only played a few games of most of these. Any suggestions of good introgame sizes by people that have more intimate understanding? I don't want to overwhelm the poor guy, but I want to give him a good feel for what the games are about. Stuff like Warmachine's or 40k's introboxes that are actually just one quarter of a proper game always felt like an improper representation of the games, so I'm looking to hit a sweetspot between underwhelming and overwhelming.
>>
>>55419720
I am considering limited expansion of Dropzone Commander to include at least a commander option and a command deck for each of the factions that I have a starter for, so that I can run demo games if someone shows interest.

Get my existing Infinity minis painted up before I permit myself to pick up new ones.

Pick up as many MERCS factions as I can, as a safeguard against Megacon Games' increasingly unusual behavior and radio silences. I worry that they might be getting ready to bail or collapse, so I'd like to get as much MERCS stuff as I can before they become too scarce. On that note, fuck Noble Knight Games for delisting the 2 ISS boxes on Amazon for #29.95+3.95s&h, and putting them on their ebay store for $54.95+$5.32s&h. That was the only one my store didn't have in stock.

Maybe start collecting some Dark Age, if I feel particularly ballsy, or if I can unload some of the minis from games I have since lost interest in playing.
>>
>>55420923
I think Megacon's goal is to just be game designers. Looking for someone to take over the IP and vring them on to run that while the company who buys them handles all yhe manufacturing and distribution and production.

At least I hope that's how it goes. I quite like MERCS and would love to see new stuff come out for it.
>>
File: DSCF5388~01.jpg (1MB, 3435x2758px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF5388~01.jpg
1MB, 3435x2758px
>>55326029

Done a bit of work on >>55301633 I just thought I'd take a picture before he is blessed with a nice wash of Agrax.

Hacking off integral bases is going to give me arthritis in my wrists I swear though.

Not exactly setting the world on fire, but I have something of a thing for sprucing up shit miniatures.
>>
>>55416878

This.

They also need to sort out their rules committee and stop them from releasing poorly tested and unfinished rulesets.

Deadzone is a fun little skirmish game that I honestly really enjoy it but the faq and errata make the actual rulebook a stiff purchase at £25, so much of what you are paying for is redundant.

It makes the game pretty difficult to sell to people.
>>
>>55419720

Get my KoW painted, Get my This is not a test painted, play more of both, and convince my mates to give Otherworld a go.
>>
>>55420975
That's what I'd like for them. When not embittered by KS antics, a lot of people have mostly positive reviews (rules wording aside). If they had someone to take care of the big business stuff, and a proper editor that has little clue what they are thinking to really force them to think outside their familiarity with the rules, they'd probably make more really great games, and everyone would be happier for the smoother operation.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1505600561643.jpg (38KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1505600561643.jpg
38KB, 960x720px
Lads, let's play a little game.

Chap just posted these three on the Oldhammer Community page.

What would you estimate the rough value of this lead to be?
>>
>>55421992
4-5000 pounds, why?
>>
So guys, what about the Robotech Tactics kickstarter from Palladium eh? eh?
>>
>>55422881
Yes, lets talk about a dead topic.
>>
>>55421119
Is the FAQ and errata really that bad? I havn't looked at it. I just have the core 2nd edition book in off I got from some lovely anon here in /awg/.

>>55421749
Yeah. The production value of the 2.0 book was stellar, but wording can be confusing (I always say to just modify the target number rather than the roll because it's a he'll of a lot simpler that way) and a few errors here and there (saying House 4 was eradicated by Steady in South Africa when it was House 6 one sentence prior). Overall I think it's great, but yeah a more experienced set of eyes and hands wouldn't hurt.

I'd, personally, love to see playerboards for the stuff that doesn't come in the base box sets released for Recon. I know you can download them, but I'd rather just pay to have them physically than deal with Office Max and hope they get them printed properly.

>>55421992
Clearly pro-painted. I'd say a few thousand dollars without hesitation.
>>
>>55423146
>Steady
Sefadu. Damned phone.

>>55422881
Ugh, don't remind me. I feel so dumb for spending money on that train wreck. Only KS I truly regret.
>>
>>55421992
Is that the fucking Nuln Spearman?

A lot.
>>
>>55423146
>I'd, personally, love to see playerboards for the stuff that doesn't come in the base box sets released for Recon. I know you can download them, but I'd rather just pay to have them physically than deal with Office Max and hope they get them printed properly.
I'm going to try printing a MI MERCS map on vinyl, and see if the image quality holds up. It's dirt cheap ($15 for a 3'x2' print), plus some shipping. But if the details come out reasonably crisp, it will be a lot cheaper than Fedex Office, and better quality than printing out a bunch of pages on my own and taping them to sheetboard.
>>
>>55423120
but its' not dead. they hired a new guy! to give weekly updates! about nothing! oh wait...
>>
>>55423146
The Deadzone rulebook is a fucking mess. Its littered with typos and editting mistakes. I also remember the faction balance was all over the place. Its been a while since I read through it, but I remember Veer'myn were all over the place in their list.
>>
>>55423313
Pretty much the same deal with Warpath, if I recall correctly. And then their forums are ignored.

Mantic doesn't seem to give a shit unless it's Kings of War.
>>
File: 1489500800886.png (218KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1489500800886.png
218KB, 720x1280px
>>55422221
>>55423146
>>55423210

Yep, Nuln Spearman, along with the nearly as rare Guard Captain from the same Citadel Fighters range, and Albrecht from the very early Dogs of War range.

Probably looking at £2000 there, I'm glad they're in the hands of a true hobbyist.
>>
>>55421042
curious to see what he is gonna look like finished. Interesting mini by any account.
>Hacking off integral bases is going to give me arthritis in my wrists I swear though.
I recently had to base some minis with integral bases and used hollow bases that I then filled up with milliput. I can highly recommend that.
I made my own mold and cast the bases, but you can get hollow bases from other places too. Secret Weapon minis sell some. A bit pricey, but still an option if you just need one for the odd monster here and there.
>>
>>55423422
> £1370 bid
> Motherfucker didn't even offer free postage

These goddamn ebay jews, I swear.
>>
>>55423470
Pretty sure that is the same spearman as the one in the picture.
>>
File: Burn-Loot-Starter-Set.jpg (618KB, 950x744px) Image search: [Google]
Burn-Loot-Starter-Set.jpg
618KB, 950x744px
Just picked up a two player starter set for Relicblade. What am I in for lads? Also, how did you assemble your pig men?

Also x2, opinions on Deus Vult? It looks like chivalry the wargame in a good way
>>
>>55423375
The testing on the forums for Warpath and FF was a joke. One of the devs just disappeared for a month or two. And not much changed for the printed version over the initial beta version.
>>
>>55423547
Yeah, it's a very famous model.

But seriously if a dude is giving you over £1k for something so small, you can quite easily foot the shipping yourself.
>>
File: IMG_20170917_015939647.jpg (1021KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170917_015939647.jpg
1021KB, 1456x2592px
>>55423468

I have considered that, some of the other boardgame and collectables I've got will be too much bother.

I wish washes were "stickier", seemed to flow more than usual, might be the plastic surface. Happy though, he was looking a bit too Goblin Green before, just needs a tidy.
>>
Konflict 47

does anyone have scans?
thanks!
>>
>>55423259
Yeah, I need to figure out a good way to do a proper sized map. MERCS uses such a weird size that basically nobody makes those sweet mousepad mats for it.

>>55423313
I remember them posting an article about updates to the Veer'myn list to bring them in line with other factions.

That sucks as Deadzone looks fun, but man that bad of a book needing that much fixing is gonna be a tough sell.

>>55423422
>£1370
Jesus fuck, I was being sarcastic.
>>
>>55424900
I'm going to try BannersOnTheCheap. Might be worth a look.
>>
Would-be game designer here, what woukd help a fantasy skirmish game stand out for you in the sea of games we have now? Models, story, mechanics, art direction?
>>
new thread, why the fuck not?

>>55425919
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.