[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I already know it's stupid, but is it interesting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: lonely DM.png (190KB, 819x819px) Image search: [Google]
lonely DM.png
190KB, 819x819px
I had an idea for a setting but had concerns. The base idea is that it is meant to be, at least on the surface, appear to be a contemporary setting. But then scratch the surface and you find this bizarre world full of schizophrenic technology emerging;

Some examples include:
>Project "Alarm Clock"
"Using a mummified corpse, a combination of either hydraulic or electric motors are connected to the joints and the subject's mummified brain-matter is scanned and it's neural connections 'mapped' and replicated in silicon crystals and circuitry and placed inside the cranium, additional sensors are added to the head to replace lost sensory organs. Once activated the remains will animate and the subject will retain the memories and personality of the deceased individual up to the time of their demise."

>S.P.S
"This chemical is a botanical growth hormone that when applied in concentrated doses will result in the affected plants to grow at an accelerated rate, typically will completely consume structures in a matter of hours and in several cases some affected plants will develop ambulatory abilities and even predatory traits."

>Psychokenesis
Some individuals between the ages of 6-12 have been known to develop a rare brain tumor that, instead of choking off the brain, will function as additional grey matter giving the individual pronounced psychokinetic abilities.

>Cancerbeast
at some point some scientist removed a cancerous tumor from a patient but instead of disposing of it, suspended the thing in a nutrient tank and further encouraged growth. the thing grew into a semi-sapient pack hunter, thing, that appears to be trainable. attempts to recreate this phenomenon with virus samples ended far more disastrously.

1/2
>>
File: The PCs Just Got Mythic Ranks.jpg (206KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
The PCs Just Got Mythic Ranks.jpg
206KB, 768x1024px
>>55297610

in addition to those few examples of insane "science" the world also has ancient artifacts with unexplainable powers;

Such as:

>Poseidon's Blood
a tear-shaped ruby set into a gold amulet approximately 2"x 4" in size, discovered on Catalina Island, the object attracts storms and sea Serpents to it, and attack whatever possesses the amulet.

> the Cube
an ancient cube of black stone 4" x 4" x 4" in dimension, when "activated" it will emit a radiation pulse that will transform any people or animals in range into hyper-aggressive lovecraftian horrors. effective range of the pulse has ranged from 100' to 20 miles.

>the stone of life
a small polished stone that will transform any complex tool it interacts with into a beast possessing some abilities similar in nature to the original tool.

>Slave Nails
a set of 3" long silver nails capped by a white pearl, if one is pierced by one of these nails such that the tip penetrates the brain, the victim will enter a state of bliss and mindlessly obey the commands of whoever inserted the nail. there is no known way to remove a nail without killing the victim.

I realize that any setting with all this insanity all at once is going to be fucking stupid. But what I'm curious of is this; is it interesting? Is a setting where this kind of stuff happens one that would make someone want to have adventures in and explore this world?

2/2
>>
Sure, make it.
>>
>>55297610
>>55297622
So it's the real world except with some mad science and magic added in? Doesn't seem all that unusual. So yes, a setting that is basically the real world, but more interesting would make someone want to explore and have adventures in it.
>>
File: 1456234350538.jpg (132KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456234350538.jpg
132KB, 600x600px
>>55301624
>>55302137
>>55298595
Stop bumping your thread, you stupid asshole.
>>
>>55297610
>>55297622

Sounds cool OP, you should run with it.
>>
>>55302153
are you developing this for friends or for publication, OP?

>>55302153
>>>/out/
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.