[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40K General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 400
Thread images: 57

File: 40K General on any given day.jpg (68KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
40K General on any given day.jpg
68KB, 800x800px
Everybody Play Nice edition

Old: >>55222065

>Death Guard stuff, including cool video and some stats/abilities for Mortarion
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/03/mortarion-and-the-death-guard-next-weekend/

>Next 3 codexes, Necromunda and Chapter Approved stuff
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/31/breaking-news-studio-preview-from-the-nova-open/

>Konor Campaign,rigged
https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
https://mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-Anon!)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

ITT: Post terrain. Do any of you guys have homebrew rules you use for your terrain, such as minefields, fuel networks, toxic fuel spills, etc?
>>
How fucking hype are you guys for Necromunda?
>>
>>55228177
See OP image.
>>
>>55228177
Oh man, I can't wait, plastic Goliath is gonna be amazing, Because they gave me a fetish for muscular men in straps as a teen.
>>
>>
Where in the Lord does it say that old type Marines can become Primaris Marines?

I can't find this assertion anywhere. Are you guys sure it's not fabricated by the fanbase?
>>
File: Tycho Conversion.jpg (1MB, 1744x2372px) Image search: [Google]
Tycho Conversion.jpg
1MB, 1744x2372px
Trying to kitbash a Tycho out Captain Artemis. Any opinions so far?
This is the first mock-up. Still need to clean him up a whole bunch and test out some other head and arm options.
>>
I don't have any pics, but our local store has some that we've updated for 8th.

Fuel Pipe Yard (roughly 1'x1' tile of fuel pipes)
>Basically Fuel Pipes, but is impassible to all Vehicles and Monsters without the Fly keyword. In addition, the dense vertical and horizontal mass of pipes (it's pretty tall and wide) obscures firing at models inside of it. -1 BS for all models attempting to shoot an Infantry unit that is wholly within a Fuel Pipe Yard.

Low/Slow Water Feature:
>Water feature that is passable terrain for all models. However, the water is still deep enough to trip up all but the largest of units if they rush in headlong. All Infantry units that lack the Fly keyword (or a rule that allows them to ignore the effects of terrain or water features) reduce their movement value by -2 when moving through this feature, and all Vehicles and Monsters that lack the Fly or Titanic keywords must subtract -1 from their movement value when moving through this feature. Any other rules that affect movement (such as rerolls, etc.) take place as normal.

High/Fast Water Feature:
>Impassible terrain to all Infantry models without the Fly keyword. All Vehicles that lack the Titanic keyword (or a rule that allows them to ignore the effects of terrain or water features) halve their movement value when moving through this feature. Any other rules that affect movement (such as rerolls, etc.) take place as normal.

Psychic Wound:
>All Chaos Characters attempting to Summon within 6" of this feature may reroll a single dice, in addition to any other rerolls they may possess. All Psykers attempting to harness any Warp Charges within 6" of this feature harness them on a 2+, but Perils on any Doubles. Models that lack the Chaos keyword who are immune to Perils count as suffering a Perils on a normal roll, and do not perils on any doubles like other models - they in essence do not benefit from their immunity when affected by this feature.
>>
>>55228664
Shit, that sounds cool as fuck
>>
>>55228550
I can't find it either. The best attribution I could get was a passing mention in a Twitch stream, but nobody could even point me to the right stream. So that's doubly useless.
>>
>>55228940
Thanks man, I make most of our homebrew terrain rules, while the guys mostly make the terrain itself.

Some others we've got, but don't use as often:

Wreckage Ramp:
>This ramp or walkway is an ad-hoc feature composed of strewn debris and wreckage, and isn't considered safe by even the most lax of inspectors - should they even survive long enough to inspect it, that is. Any time a Vehicle or Monster that lacks the Fly keyword crosses over this feature, roll 2D6 and compare it to the units Toughness value. If the roll is greater than or equal to their toughness value, nothing happens. If the roll is less than their Toughness value, the ramp collapses - the vehicle suffers D6+6 Mortal Wounds, as do any models on the feature at the time of its collapse, and the feature is removed for the rest of the game (usually meaning it becomes impassable). Infantry models are (usually) not heavy enough to trigger this test. This terrain is impassable to all Titanic models - they're simply too heavy to use it safely.

Rubble Ramps:
>Like a Wreckage Ramp, but smaller and even more lethal. Any time an Infantry unit without the Fly keyword crosses this terrain, roll a D6 and compare it to the highest Toughness value in the unit. If equal or higher, then nothing happens. If the roll is lower, all models in the unit that crossed the feature immediately suffer D6 Mortal wounds, and the feature is removed for the rest of the game. Vehicles and Monsters without the Fly keyword may not cross this feature, as it's just too small and dangerous.
>>
File: Manlets Days Are Numbered.jpg (27KB, 640x166px) Image search: [Google]
Manlets Days Are Numbered.jpg
27KB, 640x166px
>>55228550
>>
Anyone have a link to CCON's catalogue?

Cheers
>>
>>55229392
yoyhammer
>>
>>55228664
>All Psykers attempting to harness any Warp Charges within 6" of this feature harness them on a 2+
What does this mean?
>>
>>55228177
I was excited.
Then I watched the video, while my ears were raped by some cockney cunts whore voice.
NOW I'm not.
>>
>>55228583
> want to make a Tycho model
> give him a flesh tearers pad
.... anon pls
>>
>>55229486
They successfully cast a spell if they roll a 2+ instead of the spell's initial warp charge
>>
>>55229535
He's more of a counts-as-Tycho then an actual Tycho.
>>
>>55229384

Thats not a statement about old type marines being transformed into Primaris types. The actual source of the comment might have been a facebook post and/or an extrapolation of a suggestion by the main writer doing the Carcharadons books.
>>
File: terminators.jpg (129KB, 1024x584px) Image search: [Google]
terminators.jpg
129KB, 1024x584px
Whats the best way to bring anti-armor in a close combat focused Space Marines army? Do I double down on combat with th/ss termies or scale it back and go for the devastators?
>>
>>55229619

Dreadnoughts or heavily armored gun platforms like Stormravens and laspreds. I wouldn't suggest terminator heavy lists, since I have yet to see a batrep where such a list wins.
>>
>>55229619

Hammernaters probably will never catch any tanks.

I'd look for either heavy weapons on transports like Stormravens or Razorbacks, or a heavy weapon on a dreadnought could also give you some AT firepower while still being able to royally punch something's face(s) in.
>>
>>55229662
terminators are okay now, 2 wounds and double the amount of shots. they're useful in the backlines but you'll get more out of devs in the back shooting turn 1

with that said i'm upgrading some terms to Emp kids and retiring some havocs who can't hit for shit
>>
>>55229619
>>55229675

Follow up:

What is your current list and what lists are giving you trouble?
>>
>>55229619
The proportions of the terminators in that artwork ... My eyes ! It burns ussssss !

Thunderhammers and Chainfists/Powerfists, and Dreadnought weapons are also quite alright. The Ironclad especially has melee weapons that seem created to tear big models a new one. Have a librarian cast Might of Ancients on an Ironclad and watch it go to town on some poor defenseless metal box.
>>
>>55229559
ACKEWLLY according to the INDEX got Tycho is only a captain of the BLOOD ANGELS and CANNOT BE USED as such by ANY OTHER CHAPTER. Sorry anon. It's in the RULES
but for real why the fuck is that little up it's own ass snub against count as in the fucking indices? It's a s retarded as the KO painting 'rules' in their battletome. WTF nuGW
>>
>>55229586

True.

Also, have this -

“Felix pondered how Calgar might feel about the primarch’s unilateral altering of the Codex Astartes. The captain could not help but feel that, in his drive for victory and efficiency, Guilliman had been careless with the feelings of his existing sons. Increasingly, Guilliman looked to the Primaris Space Marines as his first solution. He made no attempt to hide the fact that the days of the older Space Marines were numbered.”

Excerpt From: Haley, Guy. “Dark Imperium.” iBooks. This material may be protected by copyright.
>>
>>55229714
I for one am actually rather glad that we no longer live in the age of seeing Vulkan in every colour of the rainbow in every SM army always and every time. Back when 5th edition explicitly allowed you to repaint special characters.

I get the idea behind it but it only leads to blatant WAACfaggottery on a level that even 'fluff' players can't stay away from. Just like how every Ultramarine player had a chapter master on bike with shield eternal and thunder hammer ... No wonder Marneus Calgar is so depressed right now, he constantly gets put to the side in favor of more OP min-max options.
>>
>>55229801
They ended that shit when they didn't even make it an option in the indices. And then made it a 3CP upgrade to boot!
I just don't like them shitting on the 'Your dude's concept. Plus WAACfags abused it is a shit argument. WAACfags ruin everything.
>>
File: BT incomplete.png (66KB, 676x1381px) Image search: [Google]
BT incomplete.png
66KB, 676x1381px
>>55229699
This is the list I've made so far. I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'm back and forth on making the two smaller crusader squads pistol and chainsword or bolter and special weapons. The efficiency of having 2 plas and a lascannon in what is effectively a tac squad was hard to pass up. I wasn't really sure where to go from here for the close combat to back up Helbrecht; between terminators, jump vets, 2 chainsword assault marines, company vets on bikes and dreadnoughts there's a lot of options.
>>
>>55229698

Yeah but I'm talking 1500 points of terminators or something stupid. I fucking love termies and I would fucking love to termie spam, but its not feasible.
>>
>>55229840
WAACfags wil always be WAACfags yes. The problem was that other options were so much better, more effective and point efficient that even more casual and fluff oriented players couldn't stay away from them.
>>
Whatever happened to the Black Library Mega?
>>
Ive got

SC necrons
Doomsday Ark
5 Telsa Immortals
3 destroyers

what should I grab next? More warriors and Immortals?
>>
>>55229840
I wouldn't mind it if they had more options to make Our Dude characters, but they've clamped down so hard on character cheese that the character sandwich has no filling, and I'm shit at metaphors today.
>>
File: spartan.jpg (691KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
spartan.jpg
691KB, 1280x896px
Any ideas for how to make a 40k-era Thousand Sons Spartan Assault Tank look more Tzeentchy?
>>
File: 1498616734428.jpg (303KB, 1024x811px) Image search: [Google]
1498616734428.jpg
303KB, 1024x811px
>>55229923
>>
>>55229384

Damn that is ice cold.
>>
>>55229958
And in the very same chapter he talks about how he wants no hard feelings between them. Guy Haley's Bobby G.'s more like his dead tone-deaf dad than he'd like to admit.
>>
>>55229923

Well following the FW prescribed color scheme would be a start. Check shapeways for TS themed bits. Also consider printing decals of the 5 cult symbols.
>>
>>55229978

Fake drama is what it is. He clearly wants to transition his veteran old-types into administrative or command roles while his Primaris take the lions share of the fighting.
>>
>>55229675
>Hammernaters probably will never catch any tanks.
If they're in a raven they can. Or if you DS then they have fairly good odds of making it into melee. Getting a 9" charge rerolling is far from impossible.
>>
>>55229865

I'd look at adding a Stormraven, Venerable or Contemptor Dreadnought, Second CC unit of your choice to go in the Raven or Raider, then probably a Captain to sit with your firebase of the Razorbacks and the two shooty Crusader squads.
>>
>>55230009

Or if you use RG tactics on hammernators.
>>
>>55230009

I believe that even with a reroll 9+ on 2d6 is slightly under 50%, and that's assuming you can actually land close enough to your key target.
>>
>>55230009
>Getting a 9" charge rerolling is far from impossible.
That's where I'm torn. The Black Templar tactics lets you reroll a failed charge, and 2d6 rerollable gives you ~48% chance on making it 1-(1-.2777)^2%. On the one hand that's great and if they make it they'll crush, but if they don't make it then they're just sitting out in the open, in rapid fire range, with their thumbs up their asses. It's such an expensive unit that I'm afraid to put it in that kind of a situation.
>>
>>55229384
Calgar literally complains that Guilliman doesn't consider his feefees. Kek. Being made as obsolete in the fluff as you were made in the crunch must be a slap on the face.

And after all the Wardian bullshit he pulled off, he deserved it
>>
File: chadmarines.png (235KB, 1812x984px) Image search: [Google]
chadmarines.png
235KB, 1812x984px
>>55230059
50/50 is pretty good odds. What would you rather do, play it safe like a bitch and sit back with your tau gunline or conscript/parking lot, or nut up and send in your slammers to whack a tank into the dirt?

This is a dice game, can't win if you don't play.
>>
>>55230059

Thats why the God Emperor blessed you with Land Raiders and Stormravens.
>>
So, are 10-man Rhino mounted Chaos Space Marine squads viable? I'm thinking about hopping back into 8th with my mechanized Black Legion, but I don't really want to invest the time and money if it's still as shitty as it was in 6th/7th.
>>
>>55230087

That wasn't Calgar. Calgar constantly feels like a failure at life, now that BobbyG is running things. That being said, Calgar isn't going to be a little mopey bitch like it like how Morty does it. When Sicarius was lost to the Warp, Calgar mourned and said everyone needs to pick up the slack to avenge him.
>>
>>55230119

Or, hold on, use your transports and other heavy hitters for their intended role instead of throwing a massive chunk of your army away due to bad decision making.
>>
File: IMG_4604.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4604.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Since ObSec is back should I use Troop Terminators or Strike Squads for objectives?

Also are Dreadnoughts good now? Or are Dreadknights still must have's? And GK have Chaplains now? That's really cool, are they a good option or no?
>>
>>55230059
Then either make sure you have a backup plan (other unit that can also try charge it) or stop being a little bitch. If you're quaking in your boots before every dice roll because it might go wrong you're in the wrong hobby, lol.
>>
Hq

Warboss w/ big choppa
Warboss w/ big choppa
Warboss w/ big choppa

Troops
10 Ork boys + Nob with big choppa +
trukk
10 Ork boys + Nob with big choppa + trukk
10 Ork boys + Nob with big choppa + trukk

Elites
Tank huntas x12 + trukk

Heavy support
Deff dread, 4 klaws
Deff dread, 4 klaws
Gorkanaut
Morkanaut

Total = 1997

What's everyone think? Since this list isn't spamming hordes of boys it isn't the best, but looks fun to run.

Idea behind it is either the enemy shoots the nauts first, and everything else gets across the board, or they shoot trukks, and the nauts get across the board and into CC, which is where they shin.
>>
>>55230161
Troop termies are too expensive for objectives. Also when Chapter Approve comes out everyone will have Obsec so it's borderline useless.
Dreads are ok, especially now that they're psychic. Dreadknights are great but not essential. Chaplains are pretty mediocre.
>>
>>55229886
you're welcome
>>
>>55230147

If you're playing a melee-orientated army, maybe.
Rhinos are much tougher, but also more expensive. It's not worth it to send a rhino forward with 10 guys just to fire bolters and 1-2 special weapons.
>>
>>55230119
So my initial reaction is to do what >>55230128 >>55230149 recommend and get some transports for termies, but then I ask myself "what's my opponent going to do when they see I have 300 pts of slow models inside a 300 pt model" and then I realize that a few lascannons later I could have a stranded termie squad with nothing to show for it. It's not like either one is a bad plan, per se, but I'm not sure which one is better. I'm leaning the most towards the stormraven, because then even if it does get shot down the squad inside will be around the enemy's lines.
>>
>>55229619
Ironclad Dreadnought
>>
File: IMG_0504.jpg (70KB, 633x356px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0504.jpg
70KB, 633x356px
>>55230149
>he doesn't teleport his terminators
>he hides his terminators behind bitch boards
>his terminators are scared babies who get coddled inside a metal box
>>
>>55230221

This is 8th ed. You don't have to worry about random ass damage charts or immobilized land raiders anymore.
>>
>>55230161
Strike Squads are better objective campers : cheaper in points, way more ranged firepower per point spent.
Dreadnoughts are alright, specially now that they can buff themselves with the psychic power they need (Astral Aim for ranged dread, Hammerhand for melee dread)
Dreadknights are in a bit of a weird spot. Their ranged weapons are decent against infantry, but specially against multi-wound infantry with low armoursaves. But their melee attacks are only efficient for taking big chunks out of other large models.
Chaplains are very neat near some Paladins, and probably the best option for GK if you want a cheap HQ.
>>
File: mechanicucked.jpg (100KB, 718x342px) Image search: [Google]
mechanicucked.jpg
100KB, 718x342px
>>55230221
Stormraven is probably your best bet. Land Raiders will get popped. Ravens are pretty fucking cheesed out though, easily the strongest flier. Dropping 5 termies with a character and a venerable dreadnought up your opponents ass turn 2 is retarded. And it's covered with guns.

What a fucked up model.
>>
>>55230161
rerolls from a chaplain are always great
>>
>>55230221
You can't disembark after moving anyway. Now that Terminators can charge after deep striking a transport is just a clunky point sink they don't really need anyway.
>>
>>55230266
Speaking of the Raven carrying a Dreadnought. I've been strongly eying the Chaplain Dreadnought as my second HQ choice. Anyone know whether that's a dumb choice or not? I'm thinking that +1S from Helbrecht and another +1S from the Chaplain Dreadnought could really turn an assaulting marine squad into something special.
>>
>>55230246
If you don't think a transport+occupants that cost as much as knight with half the wounds won't get popped you're retarded.
>>
>>55230266
>Dreads can't ride normal drop pods
>dread drop pods are 120pts
>irrelevant because storm ravens
Why
>>
>>55230313

Whether or not it gets popped before it delivers the goods is entirely on you.
>>
>>55228583
I like it, I think maybe try a head a little bit closer to Tycho's half face mask thing, but I like it.

Tycho's honestly one of my favorit special characters, and I don't even play BA.
>>
>>55230321
Because fuck you that's why. Buy Primaris Space Marines™
>>
>>55230327
Do you play with literal mouthbreathers that you think that most armies can't pop a land raider?
>>
>>55230313
Well here's a though. If I take another HQ, high points assault squad, and dread in a Storm Raven then I only have 2 razorbacks, a landraider and a stormraven to put on the board. There's a pretty good chance that gets me turn 1 with only 4 drops. If the Storm Raven dies on the enemy's turn 1 then at least it'll have brought the boys with it.
>>
>>55230340
>Interested in starting a Black Templars army
>No Primaris marines are melee oriented
>Would have to stock up on old and busted Marinelets to run crusader squads

Truly suffering.
>>
>>55229907

Deathmarks, Lychguard, Monolith and Night Scythes especially are good. Ghost Arks and maybe another 10-20 Warriors would serve you well.

Also, get a Cryptek asap!
>>
>>55230371

Playing with terrain on the board might have skewed my POV, so obviously an American style tabletop will not favor armored transports.
>>
>>55230210
So Chainswords and Icons of Wrath all around? Probably with meltas to open up any nearby transports?

Planning on bringing Abaddon with an escort of Slaaneshi Plasma Terminators, maybe a Sorcerer too for Warptime+Delightful Agonies. I figure three mechanized squads plus the terminators should make for a good offensive line, plus some armor of my own in the backfield.
>>
>>55230376
The lack of great close combat primaris marines is what made me lose interest in them. Maybe the reivers can be useful with their no-overwatch-for-you grenades, but that's about it.
>>
>>55230410
>Make bigger, stronger marines that would be ideal as better close combat troops
>Only give them ranged weapons

This is why the Mechanicus is the reason behind everything that is wrong in the Imperium. Bloody toasterfuckers can't do anything right.
>>
>>55229907
This >>55230381 plus a catacomb command barge.
>>
>>55230402
Do you play on 4x4s over in Eurabia? How is it possible that your opponents can't figure out how to get a solid round of shooting on one tank before it reaches them?
>>
>>55230376
>play sharks
>dont give a shit about Primaris
>too busy killing bitches
>>
>>55230376
Primaris are gay anyways. The scuplts put me to sleep, there's almost no customization, and their rules bore me despite being made with my chapter in mind
>t. smurf
>>
>>55230450
Pretty sure it is LORD COMMANDER GUILLIMAN, SAVIOR OF THE IMPERIUM, who is dictating the Primaris tactical load outs and proficiencies there anon. Mars just makes the stuff.
>>
>>55230512
I wouldn't mind upgrading a lieutenant or captain to primaris, but if they can't ride around in transports with my crusader squads they're useless to me.
>>
>>55230514
Well then Guilliman is a puff.
>>
>>55230487
Unfortunately I like the updated aesthetic of the Primaris models thanks to the less goofy proportions and it would also be perfectly fluffy to have primaris in a Black Templar army as the events of Cadia left them with a lot of dead marines... but the rules
>>
>>55230554
In other breaking news, the sky is blue, and bears shit in the woods.
>>
>>55230556
It would be funny to have a Neophyte Primaris following round an established battle-brother
>>
>>55230588
I am pretty sure that every initiate of the nuBlack Templars is actually now a neophyte of a Black Templar Primaris marine.
>>
File: Primaris-kohai.jpg (41KB, 750x469px) Image search: [Google]
Primaris-kohai.jpg
41KB, 750x469px
>>55230588
>>
File: CcxJ9WkWoAEjtAt.jpg (79KB, 1024x516px) Image search: [Google]
CcxJ9WkWoAEjtAt.jpg
79KB, 1024x516px
>>55230622
Hey teej, recommend me a good GS cult colour scheme
>>
Alright guys, I need help deciding on a chapter. Should I do the Hawk Lords(raven guard esque while connecting to the plot through big bobby G), Raven Guard or some other successor?
>>
File: tycho.jpg (20KB, 254x320px) Image search: [Google]
tycho.jpg
20KB, 254x320px
>>55228583
I like the deathmask. It's a nice homage to the original Tycho from his first appearance in the White Dwarf battle report.
>>
>>55230662
Light blue prison uniforms with black and steel colored armoring that they "liberated" from the arbites.
>>
>>55229384
Fuck primaris

Fuck bobby G

one of the primarch will come back and wont want anything to do with the primaris kool aid. That will be my new army
>>
>>55230722
Oo I like that
>>
>>55230728
Probably not gonna happen sadly. GW wants us to burn all original SM and rebuy everything as chad marines, so any other loyal primarch that shows up is guaranteed to be gobbling RG's dick for how amazing chad marines are.
>>
>>55230662
How is the company that gave us these great sculpts the same company that gave us this monstrosity >>55228864 ?
>>
>>55230662
You cant polish a turd
>>
File: tenor.gif (15KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
15KB, 220x220px
>>55230556

Fuck new shit. Kill bitches. If you want use fagmaris Marines, use them as true scale and convert them into sword brethren. Meanwhile, I ain't got time to bitch about new snowflake marines; I have bitches to rip and tear for the void father.
>>
How do addition and multiplication work in 8th?
PEMDAS?

Or could I have a sorcerer swing at S16
With spells, heralds and a Pfist
>>
>>55230662
Those look nice
>>
>>55230965
It's in the rulebook. Multipliers first, then additions, then set values.
>>
What would be the best way to play a chapter of blanks? Black Templars for their fuck psykers?
>>
>>55230940
> excessive swearing
> plays too edgy 4 u DONUT STEEL chapter
> ends up sounding like an autist when trying to act in character
Geez. I thought summer was over.
Shouldn't you be in bed?
>>
>>55230965
As a math tutor, PEMDAS fucking bothers the shit out of me because PEDMSA is also correct, and both are very misleading anyway.
>>
>>55231013
How are those eldar releases treating you?
>>
>>55230800
Because they're based on old designs. From when GW knew what the fuck they were doing.
>>
>>55231034
I don't know. I don't play them.
Did you run out of Ritalin or whatever you little apes have to be hooked on?
>>
I recently picked up a second hand space wolves army for pretty cheap. Lots of blood claws and Grey hunters, 2 scout squads, 1 skyclaw squad, 6 fenris cavalry, 10 long claws and 2 rhinos.

I'm looking to pick up some more models to round out my list and can't decide what I'd like. I'm looking at wulfen, but the price is off putting. As well as dreadnaughts and bjorn/njal.

Any suggestions on what would be most useful at this point?
>>
>>55231055
Just get the dreads you weenie.
>>
>>55231080
Do you think dreads are the best option for the army? I have a wolf lord and wolf gusrd battle leader as my only hqs and no psyer atm
>>
>>55231092
Maybe not best if you are going for an immediate game with what you have right now, but they are flexible and easy to work into most lists.
>>
>>55231055
Get dreads and transports for the grey hunters and blood claws. And also get two HQ so you can have an actual army list.
>>
>>55231110
Venerable or no? I can't decide. Also not sure if Bjorn is really worth the extra points over a regular dread
>>
>>55231052
>ritalin
Dude, how old are you? That meme died years ago
>>
>>55231140
Bjorn is worth it when you consider that he saves you points that would have otherwise been spent on HQ. If you already want two other HQ choices then Bjorn loses what I think is his biggest selling point.
>>
>>55231140
>Venerable
too pricey imo, dreads are tough enough and relatively cheap. stick to that
>>
>>55231140
Bjorn can't be targeted since he is a character. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>55231147
I'll take that as a 'yes'.
Hopefully after mommy gets her fill of fitness instructor dick she will refill it for you. Try not to break too many fidget spinners in class while you wait
>>
>>55228177
Pretty hype
>if it's good great
>if the rules suck and the minis for Redemptionist, vaansaar delaque and others are great great i can use the minis else where
>>
I really miss the Helbrute formation guys. Now with Helbrutes actually being decent it would have been amazing.
>>
>>55228177
I had already spent $120 on old necromunda minis like 3 months ago, so very hyped to get to use them in the store.
>>
>>55231216
Whatever you say champ, though I've been out of HS and living on my own longer than most people here have been playing 40k, but you clearly care more about beating your chest on a Taiwanese underwater basket weaving than I do.

You did it! You won! You sure showed me with your words and stuff! The Internet has been saved! Try not to drown in all the pussy if you're capable of peeling yourself off that seat.

How often do you get to play again?
>>
>>55229522
That is how eschers would talk and you know it
>tfw suddenly hearing orlocks are geordie miners
>>
>>55231235
I'm more pissed that there's no way to get them into position that isn't a 200pt worthless Dreadclaw.
>>
>>55231235
Same here. It made Helbrutes much more of a threat anywhere on the table rather than having to run them up.
>>
>>55231274
>Spending $120 on old necromunda models
>Completely out of scale, look like garbage compared to the new shit
>Doesn't even match the aesthetic anymore.
>New shitty looking rules
If I was you I would be pissed, not excited.
>>
>>55230381

>monolith
>good

kys pls
>>
>>55231277
> I'M ON MY OWN NOW!!!1!1!
He types, on a computer his parents bought him, his fat ass spilling over the side of a chair his parents bought, while at uni paid for by his parents, as he was just too dumb to get a scholarship. Don't worry anon in sure the degree in liberal arts will take you places!
>>
File: stormraven with dreadnought.jpg (61KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
stormraven with dreadnought.jpg
61KB, 800x533px
>>55231288
>Chaos denied access to the best flyer/dreadnought delivery system
Cucked once again. Sasuga, Games Workshop.
>>
So my buddy likes using Castellan Robots with triple phosphors in the aegis protocols.

They usually decimate my army and survive for quite some time. What do you think of this...

>Terminator Sorcerer with Death Hex to take away their invuls
>Slaanesh Terminator squad with combi-meltas double tapping
>Drop down behind them and unload

Do you think that's going a bit far for a single unit of kastellan in terms of points?
>>
File: necromunda-gangs.jpg (199KB, 600x872px) Image search: [Google]
necromunda-gangs.jpg
199KB, 600x872px
>>55231326
It's the nostalgia. They were the first games workshop minis I ever saw when I was a kid, and I wanted to get a hold of them before all that was left were destroyed or in terrible condition.
>>
>>55231335
I don't know why but this shit looks hilarious
>>
>>55230766
I honestly hope that after this edition where they bring back more primarchs they take the time to remove ultras from C:SM and instead give them a new book and only they and a couple of other chapters are there with 100% primaris as an Imperium Secundus type shit. That way ultra-shitters and chad wankers all get nice and fucked and people can stop fucking complaining ablut it.
>>
>>55231358
I think I phrased my comment wrong, I love the old minis and think they look great still.

It's the new ones I don't like. they feel like they are from Age of Sigmar, and the new system doesn't make me feel better. Not very excited for it.
>>
>>55231358
Honestly, another month and I probably would have done the same. I was craving some eschers lately. I did not see this release coming in the slightest. Fucking hyped. Might even get some metals anyway, just because.
>>
>>55231370
GW should do a second wave of chad models in combination with their own chad codex soon. It's clear they're meant to be their own army at some point, because there's like zero synergy between old and new marine units.
>>
>>55231344
Yeah, probably.
He's only devoting 220 (272 with Datasmith) to his Kastelans.
If you're solving the problem by spending more on Termies/HQ's, it's probably overkill.

Then again, the units you mentioned are good at a lot of things, not just Kastelans, and it's probably good just to have them at all.
>>
>>55231335
>>55231369

I think this shit looks fucking awesome. Imagine if dreadnoughts could fire from a 90" arc from the rear. Also dramatic dreadnought cannonball drop where you can airdrop it at high speed and it rolls into somebody.
>>
File: IMG_20170904_225851969-1843x1382.jpg (502KB, 1843x1382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170904_225851969-1843x1382.jpg
502KB, 1843x1382px
Name my band 40kg
>>
>>55231334
>people can't afford things!
>i-it must be parents!
What's it's like being so wrong? I bought everything myself, nigga. You need to watch those projections man. See a therapist or something.
>>
>>55231420
Faggot and the shit posters
>>
>>55231419
It's the only thing that saves the Storm Raven. Without a dread in a caboose spot the model looks so wonky, and even with the dread it's still not great.
>>
>>55231419
>Imagine if dreadnoughts could fire from a 90" arc from the rear
What are firing arcs anon? That is too complex for the rules now
>>
>>55231420
The blue squig is the Warboss right? He looks proppa killy.
>>
>>55231419
Can't find the vid right now, but ever seen a tank being drop-inserted from a low flying airplane ?

I imagine it looking somewhat like that.
>>
>>55231426
Stop bragging on an anonymous site. It's so utterly retarded and futile.
>>
>>55231431
Oh come on, you don't like fun games?
>>
>>55231420
Da Loudest Ladz
>>
>>55231460
This is another reason I want to play Elysians. Skytalons dropping off Taurus and shit. I wish they weren't so fucking expensive
>>
>>55231475
No fun allowed here. Learn that.
>>
File: 1492929510957.jpg (46KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
1492929510957.jpg
46KB, 600x662px
>>55231439
>yen use actual squig models in 40k outside of attack squigs and bomb squigs
>no heard of squigs led by a few grots like in fantasy chomping on space marines and eldar
>>
>>55231469
Not bragging. Just calling that dude a moron. I don't have a lot of money, but I bought a PC a few years ago, I can play 40k, and I can pay my rent. It's enough for now.
>>
I made a Salamander list with a friend of mine.
++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [78 PL, 1500pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Chapter Selection: Salamanders

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armor [7 PL, 137pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword, The Salamander's Mantle

Vulkan He'stan [8 PL, 154pts]

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 104pts]: Bolt rifle
. 4x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 100pts]: Bolt rifle, 4x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant

Tactical Squad [9 PL, 94pts]
. 4x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Plasma pistol
. Space Marine w/Special Weapon: Flamer

+ Elites +

Primaris Ancient [4 PL, 69pts]

Terminator Assault Squad [12 PL, 260pts]
. Terminator Sergeant
. . Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. 4x Terminator w/THSS: 4x Storm shield, 4x Thunder hammer

+ Fast Attack +

Inceptor Squad [10 PL, 180pts]: Assault bolter, 2x Inceptor, Inceptor Sergeant

+ Heavy Support +

Devastator Squad [8 PL, 192pts]
. Space Marine Sergeant: Chainsword, Combi-melta
. Space Marine w/Heavy Weapon: Multi-melta

+ Dedicated Transport +

Drop Pod [5 PL, 95pts]: Storm bolter

Razorback [5 PL, 115pts]: Twin lascannon

++ Total: [78 PL, 1500pts] ++
>>
>>55231235
run sonic dreadnoughts now

>>55231344
just enough, that's a powerful unit and i'm sure it's been wrecking your shit for a while
>>
File: Screenshot_20170904-211544.png (240KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170904-211544.png
240KB, 1080x1920px
How's this for a 1500 point list?
>>
>>55231412
That's what I was thinking. Hopefully they drop one of his Kastelan units and charge something else something else in my army deals with the other unit. Maybe tie them up with a Heldrake, though I'm not a fan of that overwatch of theirs and the drake itself.
>>
>>55231520
Only available to EC lists, which miss out on berzerkers and the great Alpha Legion rules.
>>
>>55231521
Shitty BattleScribe format/10
>>
>>55231482

In the years you've been complaining about their price you could have a) set aside a small amount of money each month and enough for all the infantry by now, or b) found a good recaster.
>>
File: ExoDITE.jpg (55KB, 639x402px) Image search: [Google]
ExoDITE.jpg
55KB, 639x402px
Space elves riding dinos when?
>>
>>55231521
What's your battle plan?
>>
I'm thinking about running Inquisitor Lord Rex with my Imperium army (too many physic parts in my area) but I'm not super enthusiastic about his forge world model. Do you know of any cool alternative minis or cool conversions people have done to represent this guy on the table?
>>
>>55231333

>durrr muh fan theorum

Watch some actual batreps, has giod returns if utilized properly. I bet you are one of those tards who thknk the army us shit tier because you have to actually think about army composition now instead of pulling out a brain-dead Reclamation Legion netlist.
>>
>>55231551
I know a few recasters, but I am still worried about something that small and that numerous. As for setting aside money, I wouldn't have been able to play the armies that I have now if I had.
>>
File: coprolite.jpg (95KB, 830x418px) Image search: [Google]
coprolite.jpg
95KB, 830x418px
>>55230891
sure you can
>>
>>55231599
You should, WAAC fag
>>
File: 1503025692749.jpg (37KB, 471x622px) Image search: [Google]
1503025692749.jpg
37KB, 471x622px
Any good recommendations for podcasts or battle report YouTube channels out there?
>>
File: 8thCSMlist.jpg (88KB, 569x599px) Image search: [Google]
8thCSMlist.jpg
88KB, 569x599px
How's my 2k points list looking?

>>55231624
Just moved to Houston recently and have found the easiest way to get a game in is the active tournament scene. At least my army is painted unlike so many others though
>>
>>55231420
>ZOGG OFF AND STOP MUCKIN' ABOUT
>>
>>55231496
Shit man now i want to make an Ork army of only squigs, count as grots. Buncha squigs piloting little squig tanks, maybe a squig riding a bigger squig...
>>
>>55231666
Is LoS EVER worth his points?
>>
>>55231666
Tournament scenes are cancer and you should feel bad.
>>
>>55231666
>Just moved to Houston recently...

Shit man I'm sorry... hopefully you didnt pay too much for your place.
>>
>>55231688
I've found him to be a lot of fun now that he's so much cheaper and he has the 2 different profiles for his CC weapon. Was able to take out 1.5 knights after he was shot at and charged by both.
>>
>>55231708
I got lucky and my place did not flood, same with all my friends places somehow.
>>
>>55229907
A full 10 of tesla Immortals are a must but I would wait till the codex hits to make Necrons competitive. They got as high as 51st at Nova so yeah play low point or fluffy games.
>>
>>55231583
But his model's awesome?
>>
>>55231805
I was futzing around with a possible necron list earlier this week, and what struck me was there absolute lack of reliable high damage anti-armor. Ironic considering that gauss flayers used to make tanks weep. That and the best way to take advantage of reanimation protocols is to have 20 man blobs of warriors, but that leaves the squads vulnerable to morale problems; mindless automaton robots running away in fear.
>>
>>55231805
>wait till the codex hits
So, never
>>
>>55231845
Transport rush is necrons' worst match up. Fighting DE or Orks is not even a fair fight, as you can't kill the transports fast enough. The transports are open topped by the way, so they can shoot out of them and out attrition you.
>>
>>55230381
Night scythe really?
Does not have Transport Keyword so the one unit (no dropping an HQ with troops) that pops out at the beginning of the movment phase can not move and if the thing is destroyed (real easy to do) all your troops are gone no rollimg needed that are all just gone.
>>
What's with this shitty, illigitimate thread?

Real thread is here
>>55231392
>>55231392
>>55231392
>>
>>55231666
Welcome to Houston Slaanesh, grab flood insurance since we keep breaking flooding records here. i found a good way to stay focused on 40k is getting a rival to play often

>>55231533
yeah, this is true. Honestly Sonic dreads are okay but I'm going Emp Kids to tie into my daemons.
>>
>>55228137
OP Question: we use the rules for minefields and barbed wire that were in Chapter Approved forever ago. It's in the Mega.
>>
>>55231809
This.
>>55231845
I agree with the one guy's analysis that it actually makes Necrons very balanced in that yes, they do have weaknesses you can't WAAC your way out of.
They have definitive strengths and weaknesses at cost, but in the tourney scene, that's a death knell.
>>
>>55231845
After playing around 30 games with them I have roll for RP a grand total of 6 times. They are over costed trash now.
>>
>>55231979
It is kind of sad that armies fear of Necrons Anti-tank is now their main weekness. It would be as if SM now had a leadership of 4 with no way to ever get it higher.
>>
>>55231512
Think you should replace the intercessors with something cheaper, and look for another anti tank option.
>>
>>55232016
The old weakness of SM was their high per model cost, but that has been done away with.
I would have been happy if they had made infantry SM incredibly potent and versatile on the field for their cost, not drop their cost to nothing with no changes to their TT performance.
>>55232016
Necron AT was kinda bs for their cost, I think. But phase out was even worse.
>>
>>55232016
They took one of the two things that necrons had that made them really special, normal weapons wounding tanks, and gave it to everyone. Then they gave the biggest tanks 25 wounds. All of a sudden necrons aren't so special anymore.

They still have reanimation protocols, but T4 W1 models with Sv3+ can be blown off the table by today's shooting, so it's not like it really matter if they come back to half strength before they die for good.
>>
My girlfrind wants me to get rid of my orks, what do
>>
>>55232061
Get rid of your girlfriend.
>>
>>55232061
Krump 'er.
>>
>>55232061
She is right. You need to find a better way to spend you time. I say you just put them on ebay at a severe discount
>>
>>55231632
Adeptus Podcastus?
>>
>>55230059
This is why I Orks - Kommandos and Da Jump with rerollable charges are crazy. They make it in. Then again, they're cheap, so it doesn't matter if they don't. Redundancy is the key.
>>
>>55232061
Anyone who offers an ultimatum in a relationship over something like that is not worth staying with anon. If you think you can work through this problem with her, spend a bit less time on 40k and more with her if she feels ignored. But if she is unwilling to let you have a hobby and demands your attention at all times, you are in a toxic relationship and need to get out.
>>
>>55228280
Ave Dominus Nox, Brother
>>
>>55232061
see
>>55232076
Dude, no women worth her time will demand you surrender your hobbies.
>>
>>55232076
>>55232067
Good answers.
>>55232078
Wrong answer.
>>
>>55232119
Hey, im trying to get a cheap army out of this. If he needs to consult us to find his answer, was he ever really orky to begin with?
>>
File: OrdoSinisterSymbol.jpg (64KB, 533x486px) Image search: [Google]
OrdoSinisterSymbol.jpg
64KB, 533x486px
>>55232112
>>55228280
Fear the true Rule of Terror, faggots.
Ave Imperator Dominus.
>>
Anyone have advice for fielding sword brothers?
>>
>>55232061
Don't cuck yourself of your models over a vaginal jew.
>>
>>55232170
Blob them up, maintain the shooty, use neophytes for bubble wrap.
>>
>>55232170
In my list they're just an extra plasmagun in a ranged crusader squad or thunderhammer in a close combat squad.
>>
What do I need to have the most dakka'est SM army?
Fill up on devs? MSU tacs? Lots of Chaddies?
>>
File: Blacklegion.png (853KB, 561x819px) Image search: [Google]
Blacklegion.png
853KB, 561x819px
Saw this in the Black Legion codex, do they still use the Luna Wolves symbol? It looks more chaotic than the original.
>>
>>55232208
A warband or 2 do, they still use LW colors.
Abby hates them, tho.
>>
>>55232041
Yeah now that SM are cheap and die in droves like guard did they don't seem like and elite force just like Necrons now don't feel like crazy advanced metal men that don't stay down. In the sake of balance maybe we will lose the soul of the game...
>>
>>55232206
You take all the units that have gatling-type weapons.
>>
>>55232220

I know there's a cursed warband called Wolves of Horus, curious to see an official colour scheme of them.
>>
>>55232223
Anon, balance comes in a lot of forms. They just chose the one that makes the most money.
>>55232228
I'm not running BAs with asscans everywhere.
>>
>>55232053
Yeah RP happening on once a round is very weak.
Necrons are the NPC's in the tutorial that shows the player that basic rules and how to play the game "focus fire on a unit before moving on the the next soldier.."
>>
File: 1447809873923.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447809873923.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>>55228137
This is dealing with a custom chapter. Could you use the tactics of one chapter and essentially claim it to be another? I want to use an Emperor's Champion because the Chapter Champion is a little lackluster but keep my planned Ultrasmurfs or White Scars tactics
>>
>>55230376
i play templars and have found some success with reivers. they're the only primaris unit ive found a use for in templars desu.
>>
>>55232299
Are you fucking retarded? Emperor's Champion is locked to Black Templar tactics you mong.
>>
>>55232299
Only if you take an allied detachment, but not as a part of the same detachment.
Read rules, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (675KB, 1204x2157px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
675KB, 1204x2157px
>>55228583
I made one several years ago I never finished.

I fucked up when attaching the two sides of the head together so they don't line up perfectly though.
>>
>>55232299
Your tactics will shut off once you add the emperor's champion in.
>>
>>55231583
i guess you could try kit bashing like, kaldor drago and koteaz or something but like, i dont know what your looking for. that FW model is sick as shit
>>
>>55232323
>>55232334
>>55232361
I think I worded it weirdly but I get the point. I'm really just looking for a good solo unit to add to my army so I can justify buying this guy.

Any recommendations for good characters to add to White Scars/Ultrasmurfs or would it be better to switch to Templars outright? I wanted to have a hit-hard-and-fast infantry only army but I don't have a lot of experience so I don't know what'd be good for that.

Do knife Reivers suck?
>>
Soul Grinder deployment in an all out assault can still win this planet!
>>
>>55232061
If you give in, she is officially the man in your relationship.
>>
>>55232405
Should be partners in a relationship, not a better.
>>55232385
Reivers are ok. They are good at terrorizing units that you can fold to assault, deny overwatch and soften up for multiassault.
>>
>>55232430
Not really meant to be the main melee unit of an chapter I suppose? Are assault/crusader squads just better in general for that?
>>
>>55232299
>>
>>55232430
She's the one asking him to give up his hobby for her. She already doesn't see him as an equal.
>>
>>55232444
SM only have a few actual CC primary units.
You really ought to be shooting up units, then assault to put them down.
>>55232459
That's why I said equals. Claiming you need to assert yourself or you aren't the "man" in the relationship is not being an equal, it's trying to be a better.
>>
>>55232457

I'm still angry that this chart discriminates against lava lamps.
>>
>>55232457
>Don't dog ear
Shit, I do that all the time. I don't have space for like 30 bookmarks in my book, and I certainly don't want all those tabs hanging out the side.
>>
>>55232459
>implying any woman ever sees a man as an equal

They either look down on you as beneath them, or place themselves beneath you, such as when you are filthy rich or have a jacked body.
>>
File: 1497203462372.jpg (270KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1497203462372.jpg
270KB, 1024x1448px
>>55232061
She's right, you should be playing Sisters of Battle.
>>
>>55232494
This. You have to make yourself into the kind of person that they'll adore, else they'll just pity you.
>>
>>55232494
>le no woman could ever love you for you meme

maximum kekington
>>
>>55232478
But that's my point. He's already less than equal in the relationship. She clearly has no respect for him whatsoever, it's an utterly unreasonable demand.
>>
>>55232539
Did you read, nigga? He didn't say that they wouldn't love him, he said that they wouldn't see him as an equal. If she loves him she's probably putting herself down and elevating him up in her mind.
>>
no idea if anyone already posted that, but Squats are mentioned from GW
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/04/celebrate-30-years-of-40k-the-top-5-mutations-in-warhammer-40000gw-homepage-post-3/
they are mentioned in the entry of abhumans
>>
>>55232585
Old news.
>>55232557
Why do you think I keep saying you need to be equals, or you aren't in a good relationship.
Being equals isn't being the "man", it's being a partner.
We are saying the same thing, dumb fuck, so lets stop arguing.
>smokes my hookah pipe
>>
>>55232478
You have to be the man, otherwise you are the woman. That's how it works anon, that's how it has always worked.
>>
>>55232606
>not wanting to be the head of the household
>not wanting to fulfill the duties and obligations of your father, his father, and all your fathers before him
Absolutely shameful.
>>
>>55232613
>>55232640
Your bait is weak.
My mastiche and lemon shisha and rainbow kush is stronger than it.
>>
I wish the emperor's children weren't memed about as much, I love the legion because they have great lore and shiz but that all gets lost under the "lul drugz" "lolz sex"
>>
just cause I was too late, before it was archived
https://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/55232492/
well, I am ok with that, unfortunatly I don't know any of them
>>
File: 400px-Pillarstodes.jpg (23KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Pillarstodes.jpg
23KB, 400x223px
Do you rate lists? I'm currently undeafted with this currently and I'm not entirely sure why. Every game I play I table my opponent pretty easily. I'm assuming my opponents just suck at this point

++ Battalion Detachment (Imperium - Officio Assassinorum) ++

+ Elites +

Culexus Assassin

++ Battalion Detachment (Imperium - Inquisition) ++

+ HQ +

Inquisitor-Lord Hector Rex: Storm shield

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator Armour: Force axe, Storm bolter
. Psyker: 1 - Terrify

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) ++

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad
. Custodian: Guardian Spear
. Shield-Captain: Guardian Spear

Custodian Guard Squad
. Shield-Captain: Guardian Spear

Custodian Guard Squad
. Custodian: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield
. Shield-Captain: Sentinel Blade, Storm Shield

+ Elites +

Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought: Combi-bolter, Dreadnought Combat Weapon, Multi-Melta

+ Heavy Support +

Venerable Land Raider: Storm Bolter, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, 2x Twin-Linked Lascannons

Venerable Land Raider: Storm Bolter, Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter, 2x Twin-Linked Lascannons

++ Total: [106 PL, 2000pts] ++
>>
>>55230181
It does look like a fun list. Tell us how it works out.
>>
>>55232539
It's not really about love, it's about respect. Women can cheat on men they love, but not ones they respect.
>>
>>55231358
What gang(s) did you go with?

I got three of my old Escher minis, painted up and ready to join the new stuff.
>>
File: 1503628226204.jpg (33KB, 636x469px) Image search: [Google]
1503628226204.jpg
33KB, 636x469px
>>55232061

You're at a turning point in your relationship. If you get rid of your hobby for her it will just be the beginning. Soon her demands will increase until eventually you are completely under her thumb, and you won't be able to leave because you have already sacrificed so much to be with her. This is a test, of you, by her.

Your best bet is to tell her that you don't feel comfortable giving up an entire hobby at her demand., If she doesn't like or understand your hobby than try and get her involved. 8th ed is simple enough that anyone can learn the rules, and you can pick up a troops box or two from a faction she thinks looks cool and get a skirmish game going. If she's not interested, no problem, but she should still respect the things that bring you enjoyment as long as they are not harmful to a normal relationship (as in, if you are ignoring her to play 40K).

tl;dr - if you give a cunt a cookie, she's gonna want a glass of milk. You should probably just dump this broad and go find you a qt3.14 who plays D&D or something
>>
>>55230310
Also can crank an EC all the way to strength 9 which is pretty crazy.
>>
>>55232753
The worst part is these are the sorts of people who would find it okay to cheat on you after making you do all this bullshit for them too.
>>
>>55232606
>he doesn't realize his woman is looking down on him
>>
>>55232061
If you tallied it up, I'm sure she's let you down more often than your orks ever have.
>>
>>55232800

Yeah but orks don't put out, anon
>>
>>55232805
>he doesn't hot glue his minis
>>
>>55232805
Ah, but escorts do. They also don't make unreasonable ultimatums, and all the other stuff gfs do that bfs have to put up with.
>>
>>55232689
I can see how some people could have problems with that list, but it seems like it would fold hard to any horde army.

I wouldn't be particularly worried with my Thousand Sons, since Smite is going to eat your shit alive.
>>
>>55232805
Just find a trap who is into 40K. It's what everyone else is doing.
>>
>>55231420
Da RawkJaws
>>
>>55232849
>Smite is going to eat your shit alive.
That's what the Inquisitors and assassins are for. Against Smite spam my opponents either don't get any off or get denied.

The couple horde armies I've seen just can't do enough wounds. I basically tabled a mob of a couple hundred Orks the other day by just grinding them out
>>
>>55232841
Escorts are expensive, my dude. My ex from a few years back is an escort now and charges like $700 for a meeting.
>>
>>55232917
Sounds like a super hot ex
>>
>>55232907
Even with the -2 for the Assassin, Smite still goes off the majority of the time. I'm also not sure how you're going to keep the enemy psykers in the bubble during the first two turns without him being shot to shit.

> I basically tabled a mob of a couple hundred Orks the other day by just grinding them out
Sounds like you're just lucky or your opponents suck.
>>
>>55232983
Not really. I mean, she's great in bed, which is what they pay her for, but I wouldn't call her beautiful or anything.
>>
File: 1423774975531.jpg (98KB, 416x700px) Image search: [Google]
1423774975531.jpg
98KB, 416x700px
I have the gut feeling that Orks are going to get nerfed more than anything once their codex comes out
>>
>>55233031
I'm looking forward to our stratagems
Not hard for Orks to fill out a Brigade for maximum command pointz
>>
>>55233075
Assuming GW doesn't totally fuck up and give some unit obscene numbers to wreck the game, which I get is a stretch here, stratagems are going to make or break whether or not a mediocre codex can play at a semi-competitive level.
>>
>>55233107
I just hope they give us SOMETHING to help boost shooting

Also give flash gits a 4+ ffs. And maybe let them shoot in combat, or give them power stabbaz or something
>>
>>55233153
How about this. Give flash gitz a 3+ because of the huge bulk of their guns, but make failed saves kill them on a 6+ on account of their guns getting hit and exploding
>>
>>55232133
>fear
>terror
>laughingtyranids.webm
>>
What's easier to get into for a TT noob?
40k or AoS
>>
>>55232856
Shit, that's what I did. He plays Orks, I play Steel Legion, and that boy can suck the golf ball out of a garden hose.
>>
>>55233335
Real question is what does everyone play around you?
>>
>>55233335
Theyre both about the same, 40k is slightly more comples rules-wise, but AoS is kind of a mess as far as army composition is concerned. Justpick whichever you think is cooler. Also consult the places you'll be playing at to see what your area is playing
>>
>>55233008
>without him being shot to shit
He's only hit on sixes and Inquisitors have deny the Witch.
>>
>>55233418
They're talking about save not BS.
>>
>>55233353
>>55233354

I have one WH store in my city and when I checked it out a bunch of nerds were playing a 40k game. Thing is that the AoS miniatures I have seen look a lot cooler, but I don't give a fuck about AoS fluff.

Perhaps I should wait for the new Death Guard stuff?
>>
>>55233439
realized just as the post reached 100%
>>
>>55233441
you don't wanna get into aos, its just played by babbies and every fucking release is Stormcast smegmarines
>>
>>55233441

If you build a demon army you can use it in 40k and AOS.
>>
>>55233521
Well I'm definitely going to build a chaoscuck army so I'll most likely get some daemons at least.
On a side note, are traitor guardsmen actually playable? Do they have any rules?
>>
>>55233622
renegades & heretics comes close I think? But that's Forge World so it'll cost many sheckels
>>
>>55233622
Renegades is a FW army, it'll cost you a fortune to use, and they are absolutely shit-tier for your trouble.
>>
File: 1497078117446.jpg (209KB, 1066x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1497078117446.jpg
209KB, 1066x1600px
Pirate whatever Forge World books have the rules for renegades and see if they have the units you want to use.

Honestly if some dude wanted to play me and he had an IG detachment allied with a Chaos detachment and told me his army was renegade guard I wouldn't care as long as he wasn't being a WAACfag or spamming earthshakers or some shit, but your meta might be different.

Same goes for Tau and Gue'vesa, it's kinda dumb that they don't have rules for them.
>>
I recently got some armypainter Dark Tone and Strong Tone but didnt come to think of what I would even use them on
I guess just as nuln/agrax
>>
File: GSCGoliathTruck_ProdSlide[1].jpg (83KB, 640x336px) Image search: [Google]
GSCGoliathTruck_ProdSlide[1].jpg
83KB, 640x336px
>>55233622

I should add that if you want to play a "bad guy" army with lots of customization/modeling options that can actually use Guard units without any problems you could also look at Genestealer Cults. You'd also get to use one of the coolest looking transports in the game.
>>
>>55232917
As a wise man once said, you don't pay for the sex, you pay them to leave. You'd spend that much on a girlfriend pretty quickly.
>>
>>55233622
Just build your traitor guard army and play them as guard. I've done that for years. I mean, you don't get any chaos units but it's pretty close, and you don't have to use the aforementioned shitty forgeworld list.
>>
>>55230371

Well Orks can't so there's that.
>>
>>55232061

My wife is the one who told me to start up 40K so I'd have a hobby I could do with her. 10 years on and I've got more than 10,000 points of Orks and our 3 year old daughter loves being my Grot Yella and shouting "'Ere we Go, WAAAAGH!"

Moral of the story is that hobbies like this should bring relationships closer.
>>
Still armybuilding for that 1k no named character, no fw campaign at my FLGS; would it be better to face nids, conscripts, and orks as space wolves or death guard (a lot of my stuff can go for CSM if that seems better)? I am somewhat new and haven't had time to practice against horde armies
>>
File: 1504547257606.png (131KB, 248x354px) Image search: [Google]
1504547257606.png
131KB, 248x354px
>>55232061
She wants you to get rid of them and play a mans army like Guard or Dark Angels
>>
Right as I was going to buy the Tyranid Swarm box it went unavailable. Generally how long does it take GW to get restocked? I've never bought from them directly.

Also how do I know if it will even get restocked? It's not discontinued is it?
>>
>>55233672
They basically the same but... not quite as good. GW washes are the best. GW paints in general are better than armypainter.
>>
>>55233031
I feel your fear, Orkbro. I fear for Tyranids for the same reason, but stay strong.
>>
>>55233847
>Dark Angels

The army so manly, they even resort to men over women!
>>
File: 1503669841900.gif (956KB, 350x291px) Image search: [Google]
1503669841900.gif
956KB, 350x291px
Slaanesh got a Getting Started! box in AoS. When do we get one with not-retarded bases for the Seekers ._.?
>>
File: dreadcomparison.jpg (546KB, 2352x1104px) Image search: [Google]
dreadcomparison.jpg
546KB, 2352x1104px
>>55233075

Yeah the trouble is though that currently, filling out that brigade gives us a bunch of useless stuff. There's only one viable way to play Orks now, and it's spam Boyz.

>>55233031

You and me both. Worse still, they'll probably toss a buff or two to the awful stuff and call it a day when realistically we need massive points reductions across the board.

I mean shit, look at the difference between a Deff Dread and a Space Wolf Venerable Dread with axe and shield. The Deff Dread is 4 points MORE than the Venerable when given 4 CC arms (and thus fitting it out for the same role). The Dread gets 1 more attack and can reroll charges. The Ven gets a fucking 3++ invul save, hits at the same strength and AP except with D6 dmg instead of 3, hits on fucking 2+ instead of 3+, can ignore any wound on a 6+ and has smoke launchers.

The twin-link change singlehandedly fucked over Orks whilst massively buffing armies like Imperials to a degree that is simply mindboggling. I quite honestly have no idea how the rules writers sat down and said "Hmm, giving Orks an extra shot and giving Imperials an extra shot is weighted exactly the same". Christ, a twin-linked rokkit launcher is 28 points. 28 POINTS. For 2 shots that on average miss.

Transports are overpriced, so all our specialist stuff is worthless. Cover is worthless AND hard to get for big mobs, so our shooting is worthless. We're left with endless Boyz spam with a couple of specialists to buff it, and that's it.
>>
>>55233945
>The twin-link change singlehandedly fucked over Orks whilst massively buffing armies like Imperials to a degree that is simply mindboggling.
I don't disagree with your general assessment that Orks have issues but this point is just wrong.

Getting two shots instead of re-rolling misses with half the shots is strictly better. Orks got buffed by the twin-linked change.
>>
>>55233957

My point is not that Orks got slightly better with the change. They absolutely did. My point is that it fucked us over, which it most definitely did, because it handed over a massive increase in firepower to the armies we're going up against.

It meant any prospect of running a shooty Ork list just evaporated because we were just getting outgunned, because not only were our enemies more accurate than us, but they're now firing MORE SHOTS than us. Which when you think about it is simply insane, but it's true.
>>
I need help with a death guard list, 1000pts. Here is what I have so far at 906 points. Recommendations and alterations?

HQ -

Lord of Contagion - 184

Troops - 564

7x Plague Marines - 187
P.Fist/Plas Pistol, Plasma Gun

7x Plague Marines - 197
P.Fist/Plas Pistol, Plasma Gun, Icon of Despair

15x Poxwalkers - 90

15x Poxwalkers - 90

Fast Attack - 158

Foetid Bloat-drone - 158

(906)
>>
>>55233891
Just like the Greeks and Romans!
>>
>>55232299
I wouldn't have any problem with it. And so wouldn't my game buddies. But we also use proxies fairly often.

But as you can see ...gaming cultures are different
>>
>>55233945
I really do hate the Space Wolf ven dread at times, a guy I play with constantly claims they are over costed when he spams 3 or more in a game, but gets mad at me using a FW contemptor dread with a chainfist.
>>
>>55234210
>yiffs being scum
no surprise
>>
>>55234215
My favorite part is that he calls every SM chapter tactic proken compared to what SW get.

I use Ultramarine chapter tactics simply because its what I rolled in a chapter generator back before the codex came out, the second I roll a 5 and get a command point back he starts getting bitchy

Pr gets mad when an Imperial Knight stomps the same ven dread to death when he leaves it by itself in the middle of the table with no support.
>>
>>55233854

I would agree if it weren't for the shitty pots that GW insist on using, the quality of the paint is actually pretty great.

Army Painter Matt Black is the shit though, I've tried pretty much every black in every other range and nothing performs as well as this.
>>
File: 1500001473963.png (253KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500001473963.png
253KB, 800x600px
>>55234210

Marine dreads are pretty powerful.

Not only that, but you can take a standard Dreadnought and spend an extra 20 points to basically give it Power of the Machine Spirit and Feel No Pain.
>>
File: 245241.png (218KB, 866x594px) Image search: [Google]
245241.png
218KB, 866x594px
>>55234237
>>
>>55234251
Oh I know, I use a couple because the other players from my group are making dread armies. If a random dude in my store didn't essentially give me Bobby G I would not be able to keep up, especially since the average game is being in melee with 5+ dreads on turn 3, or turn 2 depending on deployment. Got a way to go for list building to be able to deal with it reliably.

>>55234254
Dont forget about all the special characters, I know, the dude gets angry whenever one of them dies, saying "they should not die this easy, they are the best fighters in the Imperium"
>>
>>55233852
If you can find it on the store and it doesn't say something like "SOLD OUT ONLINE" but rather "temporarily out of stock" then you're good and can make have them send you an email thingy to remind you when it's back
if its not on the store, you're outta luck
>>
File: 1491548216935.png (1MB, 813x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491548216935.png
1MB, 813x768px
>>55234292

Space Wolf players are the worst. I'd rate them lower than people who play any other faction (yes, even Tau).
>>
What if a marine ship fights another marine ship? They'd just exchange ships.
>>
>>55234315
The Tau player in my store is rather chill, only bringing max cheese against his WAAC friend, but they have fun out cheesing each other, against other people he will tone his list down, play some 80's metal over a portable raido and have some laughs.

I like playing him, even the WAAC dude is fun and he plays crons and yinnari, but the wolf player? Fuck me every time I am the bad guy because I killed his special character or his dreadnaught that was in front of a bunch of predators.
>>
File: LoD_Tactical_Marine.jpg (136KB, 611x1010px) Image search: [Google]
LoD_Tactical_Marine.jpg
136KB, 611x1010px
1000 point Legion of the Damned for fun. Terrible idea or not?

Captain with Plasma Pistol, Power Fist and Sanctic Halo

Captain in Cataphractii Armor with Burning Blade and Combi Melta

Legionaire x 10 with Melta Gun and Multimelta

Legionaire x 10 with Melta Gun and Multimelta

Contemptor Dread with Multimelta and CCW + Storm Bolter

++3 on everything except the dread which only gets ++5. Captains and dread are technically ultramarines but only to get the sanctic halo, not using or even able to use their tactics and stratagems.
>>
File: MqNMnGi.jpg (31KB, 437x501px) Image search: [Google]
MqNMnGi.jpg
31KB, 437x501px
>>55234237
>Calls every SM chapter tactic broken compared to what SW get.
Hello, this is Rogal Dorn calling, knee that man in his Throne World for me will ya?
>>
>>55234343
wait can you get stuff like Captains with the <Legion of the Damned> tag? is it a chapter keyword?
>>
>>55234347
I am hoping his stuff gets toned down in his codex, because the melee is probs gonna get a massive buff.

He also bought a knight and put a hellfrost destructor on it, which is without a doubt superior to a thermal cannon and cheaper to boot.

Even though there are no rules for it being on a knight, he wants it to be a counts as.
>>
>>55234360
Nope, that's why one captain gets the sanctic halo and the other cataphractii armor, which also give ++3 so they fit in mechanically
>>
>>55234365
there sure as shit ain't no rules for that
He's just straight up cheating
>>
>>55234365
>>55234237
>>55234210
>>55233945
Why play with such a sperg? You sound like a masochist.
>>
>>55234341
>I am the bad guy because I killed his special character
Wow you monster
Wolves are never in the wrong nor do they deal with >consequences
>>
>>55234343
Fuck man, i'd play you, looks fun. you will be drowned by orks and that, so you might want a heavy flamer or two.
>>
>>55234374
oh yeah you did mention that, should've read all the way through
mind started racing the second I read "captain"
>>
>>55234376
He is doing it to be "lore accurate" but says he will use the thermal cannon "if people ree over it and get pissy" acting like people wanting to face only rule accurate shit are children.

Its hard to argue too since I like to do a lot of kitbashing, like turning a normal contemptor dreadnought into a venerable one with a chainfist, though at least all my kitbashes emulate existing models as much as possible and use established rules.

>>55234391
Because he is a part of our close group of mates and is fine in other games like D&D and 40k RPG games, plus anything not involving Space Wolves.
>>
>>55232357
His knee, it's made of... butts? Pecs? Both?
>>
>>55234408
I have a similar friend
Only person that I know who plays 40k but he is a bitch and a half to play with because all he does is moan and whine
fuck I wish my stuff was store ready so I could just go to the LGS instead
>>
>>55234365
>He also bought a knight and put a hellfrost destructor on it, which is without a doubt superior to a thermal cannon and cheaper to boot.
>Even though there are no rules for it being on a knight, he wants it to be a counts as.

How the fuck would that even work? Space Marines don't have their own Knights, Knights are mercenaries who pledge their services, they're an entirely separate faction. There's no reason why a Knight would have a Space Wolves exclusive weapon.

Tell him he can take a Knight with a Hellfrost Destructor if you can. Then when he asks why you have a Knight with a Hellfrost Destructor tell him your chapter fought against the Space Wolves and stomped their shit and stole one of their Knights, and watch his jimmies go from standard to maximum overrustle in a third of a second.
>>
>>55234415
I didn't see it this way before but now you've made me see his knee as two sets of buttocks connecting to eachother
>>
>>55234395
Yeah, that's a good call, I'll swap one melta squad for a flamer one. I'm not expecting to top any tournaments with it and I know it'll get shredded by hordes, but what the hell, the legion are cool
>>
>>55230119
lol shitty pic, the conscript probably get more pussy in one year than the primaris will ever get in his centuries long existence
>>
>>55234426
Fuck thats a good idea.

He bought some conversion kit off the net that makes them look like giant wolves and claims that its a freeblade that works for them so gets their technology.
>>
>>55234475
i dont know this person but God I fucking hate this fucking guy fuck him
I bet he tried to give him chapter tactics as well
>>
>>55234488
He hasn't built it yet, waiting for the parts come in but is talking about his plans.
>>
Anyone know of any cool/interesting sm attack bike conversions?
>>
>>55234488
In a way almost want to meet and play him because it feels like it would be so gratifying to kill his dudes
>>
>>55234512
Trust me, the rage when you kill ragnar and that special SW psyker Who he charged into Bobby G was next to nothing else.
>>
File: 1503551320530.jpg (49KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503551320530.jpg
49KB, 960x720px
>>55234449
>I'm not expecting to top any tournaments with it and I know it'll get shredded by hordes, but what the hell, the legion are cool

I like your outlook. The most important thing about 40K is to make sure you choose an army because you think it's cool as fuck, and not because it's from some awesome netlist or whatever. A 40K player is going to spend hundreds of hours building and painting minis, and the only way to keep yourself happy during those countless hours is to know that you are working on an army that you love instead of just an army you are running to win games.

>>55234505

Curious as well. I picked one up dirt cheap a while back and haven't painted it yet. Both Heavy Bolter and Multimelta getting -1 to hit after moving has me less than excited about the thing to be honest. I was thinking about using it as a fast moving vehicle to haul ass to an objective and park on it to try and keep it defended, but there are tons of other units that are better at doing that so I don't want to spend the points.
>>
>>55234612
Yeah the -1 to hit has me wanting to just make them an HQ unit and forget the sidecar.
>>
>>55234612
yeah but getting tabled with your beloved minis seems like it would be pretty painful, not saying WAAC is the way, but leaving big holes in your army seems like a recipe for frustration
>>
File: 1207366449886.png (17KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1207366449886.png
17KB, 800x600px
I'm using pic related for the first time tonight, what do I point him at?

My opponent is probably Death Guard, using DI stuff and Typhus.
>>
File: 03vj.jpg (28KB, 400x368px) Image search: [Google]
03vj.jpg
28KB, 400x368px
>>55234612
>pic related
Perfect
>>
>>55234636

The sidecar should be detachable. A bike drives it over, drops it and the marine inside off at some objective or chokepoint, and then takes off leaving a cheap heavy weapons emplacement.

I mean it's stupid but it would be funny to see.
>>
>>55234667
>Ravenwing sentry/scout squad
That actually sounds pretty awesome, why isnt that a thing?
>>
>>55234649
Best thing for him is to jump stray characters or things like heavy weapon teams
>>
File: hell.jpg (174KB, 745x458px) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
174KB, 745x458px
Anybody play 40k in LA?
>>
>>55234713
Nobody. At all.
>>
>>55234729
I know there's some spots in the Valley but F that.
>>
File: 1502429453980.jpg (678KB, 1210x734px) Image search: [Google]
1502429453980.jpg
678KB, 1210x734px
>>55234713
>>55234729
>>55234817

Would you really want to play a game with the kind of person who hangs out in /40kg/?
>>
>>55229018
I think it was this stream, but don't have the time to check for the timecode, sorry.
Facebook /WarhammerTVteam /videos/37 9597632435221/
>>
So building a chaos army, do I go with a lord or sorceror as my leader? I'm having difficulty picking.
>>
>>55234881
both, with a third support character
>>
>>55234840
Sure why not

>>55234881
Sorceror
>>
>>55234881
por que no los dos?
>>
>>55234512
This is always my silver lining when playing against snowflake dudes (although I love Regular Your Dudes, and there's a thin line between them) or people who always run Primarchs and a bazillion special characters. Never ran into Space Wolves, but here it's that one UM guy with Guilliman + Voldus + other elite Marine and GK and Custodes in a massive amalgamation of clashing colours. Looking forward to the sheer salt when I manage to take down Guilliman, since he is normally a massive dick.
>>
>>55234945
desu anyone who plays Ultramarines deserves any and all punishment that can be dished out their way, quadruple so if they brought Gorillaman
>>
>>55234984
If someone plays ultras because they like the colour scheme, or the older fluff where they were largely sensible and vanilla with well governed planets I got no problem. If they use Bobby G in games big enough to warrant him, no problem. Otherwise yeah, they might not be that fun to play with.
>>
Assuming the Lion is the next primarch, what do you think his abilities/weapons will be?
>>
>>55235041
>Lion is the next primarch

what the
what the fuck
>>
>>55235041
Same as G-man but gayer and dipped in Caliban Green
>>
>>55235053
Apparently the dude who writes the rules for the dark angels said he was next
>>
>>55235041
Lion Sword, maybe some additional shooting weapon. 2+ 3++ save. Gives the standard primarch aura, has a -1 ld to all enemy units within 12", gives fearless to all friendlies within 12". Rerolls failed wound rolls against enemy characters. And of course the lion helm is a 6" 4++.
>>
How much of an ass pull would it be if Cypher was the Lion? maybe thats why he was so damn adamant about seeing the Emperor, he wanted to confess and be forgiven in person
>>
>>55235148

Is it wrong for me to think that this makes a good deal of sense?
>>
>>55235148
No

Aside from the obvious power level discrepancy, there have been enough people who knew Lion that have met Cypher

Also its stupid
>>
>>55235148
No, that's dumb as shit and makes no sense

Which is exactly why GW will do it
>>
>>55235171
What power level discrepancies? With Cypher being as good as he is it raises a lot of questions about him and he is still rocking old ass tech
>>
>>55235220
Cypher is not as powerful as a Primarch, in tabletop or fluff terms. Having access to old tech is rare but hardly unique
>>55235181
kek
>>
>>55235231
I meant that Cypher is stuck with no support and banged up equipment, imagine what he can do with proper/restored weapons. Another thing that I just read about is how nobody know what draws the Fallen to him or why they are eager to fight and die beside him
>>
>>55235148
Guilliman recognized Lion's sword but not Cypher.
>>
>>55235148
Well for starters, that would make the Lion a fucking midget
All in all, thats a retarded fucking idea you dipshit
>>
Are chainswords unwieldy?
>>
>>55235268
>>55235270
>The Lion is a gay manlet who is forgotten even by his own brother
Apex kek
>>
>>55235286
Nah
>>
>>55235286
No
Are you illiterate?
>>
File: oh_no.png (242KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
oh_no.png
242KB, 1000x1000px
I'm really not sure what to make of Terminators.

On one hand, their 2 wounds and rapid fire makes them pretty good as back line combatants, and act as tough bulwarks.

On the other hand, their point cost is prohibitive. For 192 pts, I can get another 5-man tac squad with a missle launcher, and a devastator squad with heavy bolters, then still have some points left over.

Sure, you're replacing 10 wounds at a 2+ save with 10 wounds at a 3+ save, but you get even more shots downrange.

And yet, termies are tough enough in melee to act as a good bulwark for an army.

Also, I'm too poor to buy more minis, and buying more marines to replace my termies is unappealing.

Feels bad man.
>>
>>55234984
The irritating part is that he also plays Admech, which are My Dudes. When dickheads play the guys I like and make us look bad I always kinda wish they'd stop. He even has a similar bloody colour scheme, and his armies tend to be mostly painted decently.
Still, it's not even the Ultras I hate the most, it's just that it's an amalgamation of all the possible muh greatest warriors" armies and all special characters. Guilliman, Voldus, Gerantius when he had rules, Tigirius and sometimes a couple other libbies to boost the big boys. It's just a big precious metal and cheese sandwich.
>>
>>55235298
>>55235300
Motorized chainsaw teeth are probably heavier than the guard and the non-existent pommel, so yeah they look unwieldy.
>>
>>55235306
I want terminators to be good too mate, they need another price drop (the powerfist one was nice).
>>
>>55235309
>When dickheads play the guys I like and make us look bad I always kinda wish they'd stop
>caring about what other people think
>caring about other people thinking bad of your for something OTHERS did
Kek what a beta faggot. Did Tyrone ever call your wife back after he impregnated her in front of you?
>>
>>55235334
You're asking from a lore standpoint?

Yes, it takes years to get good with one.
>>
File: anger.png (263KB, 484x468px) Image search: [Google]
anger.png
263KB, 484x468px
>>55235345

I just joined the hobby, apparently terminators used to only have one wound. I can't imagine how they'd be even remotely useful if that was the case. But I got my termies for like 5 bucks off of ebay, and one of them's metal, so buying more minis and not using them just seems like such a waste.
>>
>>55235359
Yes.

So then how are they actually wielded. Not like a normal sword because the weight is in the blade not in the pommel. Do they swing it like a stick or something?
>>
>>55235410
They weren't. They were pieces of shit, even with 3++.
>>
>>55235481

You smack things with it, usually downwards, then turn on the chain.
>>
>>55235306
well they also get deep strike unlike tacs so you've got that going for them
>>
File: Chainsword_Schematic.jpg (54KB, 422x458px) Image search: [Google]
Chainsword_Schematic.jpg
54KB, 422x458px
>>55235481
You want to turn on the chain as you hit,letting the momentum of your swing do the work. You don't just run the thing constantly.

The hardest part of learning how to use one is compensating for kicks and thrown teeth.

Also most of the weight is in the motor and engine.
>>
>>55235268

I mean surgery is a thing. And that's even leaving aside warp fuckery.
>>
>>55235780
so lion went "I desire to be a little person" and chopped his bottom half off, shrunk the rest of himself down by 2/3rds and then decided "huhu no one knows me now, time to act like a shady bitch"
that is one of the dumbest things I've heard on this board
>>
>>55235798

This is 40K we're dealing with here. The Imperium has the technology to shove the Lion's brain into whatever body he desires and even if we ruled that out as a possibility, there's the option of "a psyker did it", which covers everything up to and including Lion being Ghazghkull.

I'm not saying it's plausible, or even that it should happen. I'm saying that the argument of "That's stupid and unrealistic" is completely moot in the context of 40K.

Plus it would be entirely inline with GW's current writing to simply hand-wave the size differences aside by not even mentioning them.
>>
>>55235839
Except that GW has mentioned that the Lion Sword is too big for any Astartes, including Cypher, to use. In multiple occasions. Size is literally a plot point here.
>>
File: lion el homo.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
lion el homo.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>55235296
>>
>>55235839
>Lion being Ghazghkull
Well, they are both green...
>>
So uhh... Primaris Guardsmen when?
>>
>>55237414

they're called Catachan
Thread posts: 400
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.