[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 35

File: 1502286495977.jpg (58KB, 468x678px) Image search: [Google]
1502286495977.jpg
58KB, 468x678px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Mammoth Lords Edition
Tell me of your adventures in this savage land, /pfg/.

/pfg/ Link Repository: https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>55130786
>>
I am now a cat

What do I do now.
>>
>>55147859
Lick your own balls. Stare out the window, or at empty corners, for hours on end. Sleep a whole lot. Push things off of tables, especially if they're fragile.
>>
>>55147784
Yo I wanna fuck that savage.
>>
>>55147918
Why settle for a whip, when you can use an URUMI?
Though I guess there is a certain appeal to going full Belmont
>>
>>55147859
Sneak around places that you couldn't otherwise go because who's going to suspect a cat?
>>
File: 1486705927737.jpg (102KB, 487x750px) Image search: [Google]
1486705927737.jpg
102KB, 487x750px
>>55147784
Hello /pfg/.

I'm pretty new to pathfinder and I'm hoping you can help with a newb question. I'm playing a sorcerer with the arcane bloodline and I was wondering how my familiar's skill ranks work. the wording in the rule is kind of confusing.

>For each skill in which either the master or the familiar has ranks, use either the normal skill ranks for an animal of that type or the master’s skill ranks, whichever is better. In either case, the familiar uses its own ability modifiers. Regardless of a familiar’s total skill modifiers, some skills may remain beyond the familiar’s ability to use. Familiars treat Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception, Stealth, and Swim as class skills.

My character has 50 skill ranks (10th level). Does this mean the familiar has 50 skill ranks now or do I just copy the ranks in each skill rank my character has them in for the familiar? For example, I have 10 ranks in spellcraft. Does the familiar get the 10 ranks in spellcraft too, or do I just assign the 50 ranks how I want with it like a separate character or does it use different numbers.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm just confused how to assign the familiar's skills.
>>
>>55148081
The Familiar used the skill ranks as they are already assigned to their appropriate skills, so it would use your 10 in Spellcraft and whatever else you have.

That's because they aren't Ranks if they aren't already spent in something. At each level you get skill points, which you SPEND to gain ranks in your chosen skills.

Basically, you Familiar has a set list of skill ranks based on its base stats, and for other skills, or skills which you are better at, it uses the ranks that you have in said skill, if you have them that is and if they are more than the Familiar has
>>
So, planning on running Ruins of Azlant with my group, likely starting when the second book comes out. Currently I know there will be a forgemaster cleric and a hydrokineticist... Thoughts on suggestions for the other two (I have an idea of what they will likely choose but want to see what you guys think), and who wants to place bets on how well this will all work out for them?
>>
>>55147963
Belmonts use a whip that turns into a spiked chain when used by someone of appropriate nature. It's holy and bane weapon (lycanthropes primarily).
>>
>>55148272
>hydrokineticist
Tell them to use an elemental pact avowed.
>>
>>55148345
Friendly reminder that not EVERY table uses all the third-party /pfg/ prefers.
>>
>>55148435
Friendly reminder that some people make demonstrably worse choices than others, and that is not okay.
>>
>>55148450
Friendly reminder that avowed are incredibly niche outside of this thread and don't have the reach to justify use everywhere.
>>
>>55148464
Friendly reminder that kineticists are bad and only fags like them.
>>
>>55148488
Generally? Path of War + Spheres of Power + most stuff written by N. Jolly seems to have been the norm for quite a while.
>>
>>55148488
Personally I'm so scrambled from jumping around to different houserules and shit I don't know what I even prefer anymore. I have character ideas and builds that range from "1pp-only, all RAW" to "1pp with Jolly content and one or two cherry-picked feats/traits from this other thing the GM okayed" to "RotJR or JttW-level chargen nonsense"
>>
>>55148489
Friendly reminder that Kineticists can play decent support with the right combination of both in- and out-of-combat utility.
>>
>>55148903
Friendly reminder: No.
>>
>>55148916
Show me another class that can just lift 5000 lbs of material from one place to another with comparatively little resource expension?
>>
>>55148968
You know after you were born your mother strongly reconsidered not having that abortion.
>>
>>55148435
>>55148450
>>55148464
>>55148489
>>55148903
>>55148916
Friendly reminder that no one is friends here.
>>
>>55149033
I'm not your buddy, guy!
>>
Friendly Reminder that "Friendly Reminders" are never actually friendly, you goddamn pack of clucking hens
>>
What's the grey-skinned race that's sorta shadowy looking (not dark elves)?
Trying to find a specific piece of art.
>>
>>55149220
Fetchlings?
>>
>>55149220
Fetchling
>>
>>55148156
Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
File: Zeratul.jpg (261KB, 704x479px) Image search: [Google]
Zeratul.jpg
261KB, 704x479px
>>55149220
Nerazim Protoss.
>>
File: Monster Fetchling.jpg (92KB, 250x500px) Image search: [Google]
Monster Fetchling.jpg
92KB, 250x500px
Last question.
What book is this art from?
>>
>>55149328
Bestiary 1.
>>
>>55149341
Many thanks
>>
Can humans have darkvision? What's the explanation?
>>
>>55149341
It's not from Bestiary 1
>>
>>55147859
Wasn't there a meme that a cat is stronger than 1st lv PCs?

Go kill some future heroes
>>
>>55149396
Usually non-human heritage.
>>
>>55149396

Dimdweller.
>>
>>55147784
>Mammoth Lords Edition

That's clearly a giant pig OP.
>>
>>55149328
Advanced Race Guide, I think.
>>
So at level 7 my defenses are looking somewhere around the following:
>AC: 36
>Fort: +10
>Reflex: +6
>Will: +10

I can give an additional +4 twice a day and a additional +5 three times per day, and can do both at once for +9.

I also have an additional +2 against mind affecting.

I also hace a mount with bodyguard, in harm's way, and combat patrol
>>
I fucking hate coming up with names. I spend like half an hour on one and I'm still never happy with the result.
>>
File: 6ed.jpg (433KB, 692x1032px) Image search: [Google]
6ed.jpg
433KB, 692x1032px
>>55149748

I'd suggest Gary Gygax's Book of Names. You can also check Behind the Name webpage. Then again, if you are as autistic perfectionist as me, this can double the time you spent coming up with names.
>>
>>55149748
Just do what I do and crib them from things I know my friends haven't seen
>>
What can you tell me about The Shadows?
>>
>>55149862
No?
>>
>>55149732
>I also hace a mount with bodyguard, in harm's way, and combat patrol
Meant have a mount.

What I forgot to actually ask is if these defenses seem to cover enough?
>>
How valuable would mercenaries that have inborn Dark Vision be for a kingdom? Would they replace conventional drafted forces and knights or complement them?
>>
>>55150220
>Would they replace conventional drafted forces and knights
Unless the mounts have darkvision too, unlikely.

Things with lowlight vision and darkvision make excellent scouts and skirmishers. Nothing like sneaking archers into position under cover of darkness and feathering your enemy camp. That said *most* kingdoms show restraint in how they attack unless fighting monstrous humanoids, because if they don't follow some sort of protocols they cannot expect reasonable treatment, mercy or even things like ransom.

Though whenever a powerful necromancer pops up, gnoll mercenaries shoot up in value. They're quite good at killing corpses, and they have no qualms about eating them (or the living foes they face) as they aren't sickened by dead flesh or diseased meat. it cuts down the need for a supply train, and it tends to prevent living foes they face from being used as workable corpses.
>>
>>55149836
Thanks, I'll check those out. I can deal with spending some extra time on names if it actually gets me results that seem to fit, rather than being pulled out of my ass.

>>55149856
I've fallen back on that in a pinch (usually with minor changes in case somebody's google-happy with things), but it makes me feel unsatisfied and dirty.
>>
So lets say I wanted to wear boots of spider climbing to improve my Fool's errand stuff. Do I need to spend an action to activate it to gain the bonus?
>>
>>55151687
It's not an action but you still have to choose to turn them on.
>>
>>55151730
Thats 10 fights a day so I guess its pretty cost effective.
>>
Rule question (more a grammar one, I suppose) about the Dawnflower Anchorite prestige class form Path of the Righteous.
Her Solar invocation feature says: "[...]she can invoke the sun for a number of rounds per day equal to twice his Dawnflower anchorite class level + her Charisma modifier." Does it mean 2 x (LV + Cha mod) or (2 x LV) + Cha mod?
>>
>>55151761
The second one. If it were the first one it would have used parintheses around the level+charisma bit, or at least said "twice the sum of". Since neither were specified, it's almost certainly the second one.
>>
>>55150220
Complement, as they'd be considered special forces and certainly be worth at least twice or thrice as much as normal soldiers of the same capability without darkvision. Darkvision is for scouting and for specific ambush missions, you simply cannot afford an entire army of things with darkvision unless you're Drow, Elven, The LAAAAND OF WIZARRRRDS (in which case you win already), or an Undead Lord.
>>
>>55151797
Thank you.
>>
Is there any nation in the Inner Sea Region that particularly Classical Greek-esque?

Ya know, Hoplites, City-States, Lots of philsophers, enjoys a lot of wine, olives and oracles. That kinda thing.
>>
I'm having trouble finding a coherent build guide for a Zen Archer Monk, does anyone have a link to one? I like to reference them when I build characters.
>>
>>55152253
What do you mean "coherent"?
Anyway, look for the "Zen and the Art of Monk Maintenance: A Guide to the Zen Archer".
>>
>>55152081
Not in the Inner Sea, but Aelyosos from Distant Shores has that.
>>
>>55152516

Sweet! Not massively far away from the Inner Sea and jus what I was looking for.
>>
>>55151812
What about Dwarves?

A local lord could award them land that no human or elf would use.
>>
>>55152659
>awarding Dawi land they didn't ask for
That's probably a grudgin' for one reason or another.
Dorfs might work if they're like, a floating tribe or something without a mountain to call their own I guess. I'll be honest, I keep forgetting Dwarves exist
>>
>>55152679
Has there ever even been a dwarf meme app? I can't recall Ensoulment or any other meme games having one, I just remember halflings.
>>
Does the bludgeoner feat work with blunt arrows? If not, what are my options if I wanted to efficiently subdue people with bows?
>>
>>55152795
DHB's first app for RotJR.
>>
>>55149220
There are also the Caligni.
>>
>>55152679
Those dwarves might want to expand their empire.

It's easier to go above ground, travel, and dig back down than it is to fight your way through hostile territory. A wise empire could surround their enemies this way.

The Byzantine Gold Dwarves will use this plan in my Forgotten Realms game. People would rather deal with them than drow or illithids.
>>
>>55152820
Nothing says it doesn't, so yes you can bludgeon people from a distance for some reason.
>>
>>55148489
Friendly reminder that you are gayer than a bag of dicks
>>
>>55153037
Not if you keep bringing it up. No one wants to discuss it, like the last few times it's been brought up, just drop it.
>>
>>55152659
Dwarven mercenaries are a tough thing to do right IMO. The stubby little bastards probably make amazing sapper or engineer companies, and they also probably do exceptionally well as heavy infantry, but their problems in warfare are largely to do with cavalry. Namely in that they tend not to make huge use of it due to a lack of arable land, and their infantry companies while amazingly durable... are slow.

Dwarves are the kings of forced marches, but they're not exactly nimble when it comes to getting around the battlefield. They'd probably be the type to specialize in defensive warfare as well as being "Siege-breakers".

I kind of see dwarven cavalry companies as being pretty rare. On the other hand though, dwarven navies tend to be quite good, stubby little bastards like to build great big rams onto their ship prows and happily row them into whatever they're fighting. It isn't *entirely* uncommon to hear of a dwarven warship completely bisecting an opposing ship at least once a century.

You employ dwarves to build your fortresses, or to hold them, If you're lucky you have a dwarven heavy infantry company to hold your center line. You employ dwarves to drop the walls of an enemy citadel, but you seldom build your entire army around having them.
>>
>>55152820
RAW, it worked, since blunt arrows are bludgeoning weapon. You could take Ranged Trip feat if you want to hinder your enemy without killing him.
>>
>>55153035
A bag of dicks isn't gay unless you start salivating over the thought of it.
>>
>>55152471

of the ones I found they didn't have everything broken down in a way that was easy for me to read... Except the one you suggested! Thanks!
>>
>>55153087
That means underground races have to think outside the box when designing calvary.

>http://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/realms/skyguard.shtml
>>
File: santorums.jpg (6KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
santorums.jpg
6KB, 276x183px
>>55153099
If you thought about bags of dicks as much as I do you'd know just how gay it really is.
>>
>>55153244
Exotic and expensive. While they make excellent special forces, they are *special forces*. They're nothing like the great fucking big cavalry hammer of ye-olde militaries where as much as 1/3rd of your army could be cavalry. (and yes I totally get that it was less about doctrine and more about what you had available, but still).

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but shit's gunna be rare.
>>
>>55153244
>>55153341
That is a pretty awesome idea for a flying dragoon/light-cav group though.
>>
>>55152820
There are plenty of specialty arrows that can subdue or capture enemies.
>>
>>55153075
Who's that?
>>
>>55154505
Tangleshot, grappling and trip only debuff them. Lets assume were dealing with guys that wont stop resisting till theyre at 0 hp.
>>
>>55149732
>That AC
How
>Those saves
Paladin I assume? Mine has at 6th level 12/8/11
>>
>>55154612
Black Ship.
>>
I asked this a few weeks ago and got no reply
So I have an itelligent item that can only speak to me in a language only I know (black blade), she also has Abyssal as extra language
Nor I neither the group has Abyssal
We encounter a creature that speaks Abyssal
Can the sword translate to me and then tell me exactly what to say phonetically so I can keep a conversation with said creature?
>>
File: 185078.jpg (510KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
185078.jpg
510KB, 612x792px
>>55147784
A player has asked me to allow this splat since he wants to make a sorcerer kiddo, but I don't have a PDF or can find a download. Anyone knows whether it's shit or passable?
>>
File: D3iKH4Q.gif (1006KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
D3iKH4Q.gif
1006KB, 500x700px
>>55154979
Please tell me you're kidding
>>
File: 1565368.png (301KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1565368.png
301KB, 520x678px
>>55154995
I am in for a ride, am I not?
>>
>>55154979
Please tell me you aren't playing with Augunas
>>
>>55155180
Fox daiper fur
>>
>>55154979
So who's got the pictures of that? Or that weird beam that makes children into naked adults.
>>
>>55154979
>>55154995
>>55155180
I've skimmed it before. Its rules for childhood age categories and modifiers are substantially better than the RAW ones. It's decent if you can ignore the fetishism.

That is much easier said than done.
>>
>>55154979
"No, play something the age of the majority. I dont care if it's a teen but I'm not using a splat just so you can play a child".
>>
>>55155191
Literally who?

>>55155199
>>55155209
WHAT.
>>
>>55155180
>>55155240
See >>55155235
It's like the binder book, and most things touched by Augunas: a lot of actual mechanics tend to be good*, but anything remotely resembling fluff is trash and often furshit to boot. When a mechanic cannot be separated from fluff is when it's most obvious.
*He can also fuck up mechanics spectacularly, a-la nuLore Warden, but that was only recently.
>>
>>55155394
Yeah, that's basically the books problem. The mechanics are good. Everything surrounding them...

>>55155240
If you want to explore this yourself, it's in the first trove. It's a mixed bag - decent mechanics, fetishism everywhere. But let me play devil's advocate for your player here; if you want a child PC in Pathfinder, there are basically two rule sets for it. The official RAW one, which is basically "fuck off, play an NPC until you grow up," or... this. The mechanics in CA actually make a child PC possible, which makes me want to like the book. But they come packaged with so much garbage that it's uncomfortable looking at parts of it.

If you think you can trust your player, it's worth considering. If you think you might be able to trust your player, grill them about their intentions, because maybe they're just stuck with the unfortunate fact that the best child PC rules right now are in the same book as abundant babyfur trash.

If you don't think you can trust them, though, just deny it.
>>
>>55153087
What if, like fucking normal people, we consider mercenaries as attachments instead of independent-standing blocks? Mercenaries were allowed to develop their own tactics but they still obeyed general strategy unless they were they types that commanded bands that were essentially armies on their own.
You hire dwarven mercenaries to act as your heavy infantry core and supply your own cavalry. Just because the Genoese had nothing decent but crossbows didn't mean nobody hired them, they just had their own knights and pikemen and used the pavise-carrying crossbowmen for an appropriate role.
>>
>>55155530
>>55155238
Yeah, that was the problem. I have a very soft spot for Studio Ghibli stuff so I don't want to disallow child characters, but there's no good age modifiers and I'm not at all a fan of Ultimate Campaign's NPC classes only. I was told that the book had proper modifiers and feats, but I'm very skeptical of third party whenever I DM Pathfinder.

Said player is actually pretty good at roleplay, always paying attention, and his characters are genuinely good and memorable. He is a massive furfag though and I've got reasons unrelated to this book to think he's a babyfur.

I'll download the PDF and read it myself. If I could read through Fursona for salvageable mechanics I think I can survive this.
>>
How can this useless shit cost so much?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/dancing-wasp/
>>
Does PF has a table that says at what level (or at what to hit and AC) your martial combat is treated as a renown swordsman? a hero? a legend?
>>
>>55154716
10 (Base) +9 (Fullplate) +2 (Enhancement on Fullplate) +4 (Tower Shield) +2 (Enhancement on Tower Shield) +2 (Banner of Steel Turning) +1 (Ring of Deflection) +1 (Swarm Scatter) +3 (Mount with Bodyguard/Helpful) +2 (Stance of the Defending Shell) = 36

Also there is a chance I have haste so it goes up to 37.
>>
I want to build a magus that uses a polearm. I think I can do this by dipping three levels into polearm master (allowing me to use a polearm one-handed as long as I have a shield) and using a buckler as a shield. Will this work? Or does the weapon specifically have to be one-handed?
>>
>>55156079
Beg your GM to let you use the Bladed Brush feat work with Spell Combat
>>
>>55155235
>Fetishism

Wat
>>
>>55156079
>Spell combat
>At 1st level, a magus learns to cast spells and wield his weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the off-hand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, the magus must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand.
>>
>>55156145
Doesn't work, you are still holding the weapon with two hands.
>>
>>55149077
I'm not your guy, buddy!
>>
>>55149089
Friendly Reminder that you matter, Anon. I believe in you.
>>
>>55150337
>m-muh gnoll headcanon
Fuck off
>>
>>55156166
So does that mean my plan would work? Polearm master allows me to treat the polearm as a one-handed weapon, and I can cast a spell with my other hand because I only have a buckler.
>>
>>55156257
If you manage to make a polearm count as one-handed or light, yes.
>>
>>55152795
It's because dwarves are cripplingly bland. Only a true master like DHB (pbuh) could even consider seriously applying with one.
>>
>>55156257
This polearm master?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo-fighter-archetypes/polearm-master/
I don't see that feature
>>
>>55156300
Sorry I meant to say phalanx soldier.
>>
>>55156164
>>
>>55156323
Y'all niggas need Iomedae
>>
>>55156307
Those 3 levels into another class are going to make your magus levels suffer quite a bit
>>
>>55156371
But it sounds fun...
>>
>>55156323
Somebody took inspiration from Shadow of the Demon Lord I see.
>>
>>55156387
I just informing you
>>
>>55156068
Christ. Can you even hit anything?
>>
File: DeviantArt makes a splatbook.png (483KB, 423x637px) Image search: [Google]
DeviantArt makes a splatbook.png
483KB, 423x637px
>>55156390
Anon, thing is. Shadow of the Demon Lord tries to be gruesome and nauseating. This tries to cause boners in a certain demographic. Intention matters.
>>
>>55156068
>Banner of Steel Turning
?
>>
>>55156464
I hate the fact that I share a hobby with these people.
>>
>>55156484
DHB's UC Cavalier has a banner that gives enhancement bonus to AC called Banner of Steel Turning.

>>55156448
I actually generally do fine because of flanking bonuses with my mount and challenge. I sometimes downgrade to a heavy steel shield if I really need to be accurate.
>>
File: LostCoppers-100res.jpg (28KB, 219x213px) Image search: [Google]
LostCoppers-100res.jpg
28KB, 219x213px
Hey /tg/. as a german I played alot of The Dark Eye, which generally is played without floor plans or maps, as the game as such involves rather little dungeon crawling.

As I'm getting more and more into DnD/Pathfinder I looked at alot of dungeon maps and pretty much always every secret door or other stuff is already drawn in.

Are those maps only meant for the DM? But why invest so much work in those maps then? Or is it normal for DnD players to know that there are secret doors and then it's just a matter of dice if their characters find them or not?
>>
>>55156499
Just embrace what you can and knock up your healer
>>
>>55153075
What do people keep asking about Black Ship? The posts keep being deleted before I see them.
>>
Is the Constrictor "package" in the Alteration Sphere an actual trait you can add to your form, or is it locked solely to the Serpentine form? It seems kind of dumb that it would give all those grapple-related alteration traits but then not let you get the grapple trait.
>>
File: Being the GM.gif (1MB, 370x270px) Image search: [Google]
Being the GM.gif
1MB, 370x270px
It's that time again, /pfg/. Post some ideas for short games.
>A dragon recruits the players to rescue her eggs from an evil princess
>>
>>55157232
>Is the Constrictor "package" in the Alteration Sphere an actual trait you can add to your form, or is it locked solely to the Serpentine form?
The latter
>>
>>55157544
Footloose on Golarion
>>
>>55157544
The Dark Lord is taking a vacation because his beautiful daughter is giving birth to her firstborn, his very first Evil grandchild, and he's very excited about it. His cunning second-in-command briefly takes the reins, and launches a diabolical attack on the Dark Lord and the heroes alike, in an attempt at rebellion and usurpation, to seize the Dark Throne for himself.
Will the heroes and the Dark Lord be able to put aside their differences and team up to save themselves and their families from the usurper's forces?
>>
>>55157586
That's really fucking stupid
>>
>>55157201
The GM shilling.
>>
>>55157682
It's no worse that the packages for Elemental Transformation.
Plus, you can get Grab easily enough already. Just take either the Tentacles Talent which provides Grab as a trait (which is in the core book) or some monk feat or something.
>>
Construct your ideal party from both an internal balance perspective and a roleplay perspective. What you think would provide the best dynamics. three to five party members.

I went for four with mine:
>Investigator
int skills, side buffing, some melee or ranged
>Hidden Blade Rogue
dex skills, espionage, melee
>Magician Bard
cha skills, utility casting, buffing
>Preacher Inquisitor
wis skills, combat casting, debuff, melee
>>
>>55157782
Four Paladins
>>
File: Screenshot_20170831-145630.png (271KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170831-145630.png
271KB, 1080x1920px
>>55157232
>It seems kind of dumb that it would give all those grapple-related alteration traits but then not let you get the grapple trait.
You're illiterate
>>
Are there any items that give you bonuses to UMD?
>>
>Bless water costs 25 GP in materials
>Holy water costs 25 GP
Uh, they actually don't charge more for this, interesting
>>
>>55157989
Yeah, it says in some flavor text somewhere that churches sell holy water at cost to contribute to the community
>>
>>55158014
It can't really be abused, and it might hurt wicked things. It's a good policy.
>>
>>55157782
>Invulnerable Rager Barbarian
Super DPS monster 3 million, can pretend to be a tank, and can thrive in situations where being turbo swole is necessary
>Vivisectionist Alchemist
Skills for days including knowledge checks, sneak attack for extra dps support, and extracts for buffing/utility
>Life Oracle
Keeps everyone alive. Can buff and debuff. Probably has a ranged weapon.
>Vanilla Druid
Crowd control, buffs/debuffs, supplementary dps with animal companion/wild shape
>Flexible, possibly archetyped Bard
Utility casting, party-wide buffs, single target shutdown (dominate/hold person, etc), and face.
>>
File: 225953-stranger.jpg (249KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
225953-stranger.jpg
249KB, 1280x1024px
>>55157802
This guy gets it. They're balanced. They have strong enough opinions to keep the game moving. They'll attempt tons of fun heroic deeds. They've got healing, utility, and combat prowess. If you allow archetypes, they can even be pretty damn diverse.
Plus, mounts are way more fun when the whole party has them and can use them effectively.
>>
>>55158411
>>55157802
https://youtu.be/cj2HvGPv0XM
>>
File: 1499048731289.png (1MB, 531x1167px) Image search: [Google]
1499048731289.png
1MB, 531x1167px
>>55158411
>Everyone takes Coordinated Charge
>Actual cavalry charges to break enemy lines
>>
It's become very obvious to me that our GM self inserts as our main villain. The main villain is a CN former noble who was thrown from his position during a revolution a long time ago. He's killing officials from the new government and we're trying to stop him. His ultimate goal seems to be to destabilize the new government and reinstate the royals. The new government, from what we can tell is LN/LE.

Every time we meet up with the villain he completely hands our asses to us, but on multiple occasions has refused to kill us. The last time saying, and I quote:
>Murdering blind soldiers who follow the one eyed masters is too great a sin for me to bear, but if you continue to do appear before me I will have no choice. This is a final warning."

I don't fucking know what our GM wants us to do at this point because the guy is obviously stronger than us, but we've now fought him three times.
>>
>>55157201
They're just the usual brand of "Hey what does everybody think of the Black Ship? It looks pretty interesting." that implies direct DM shilling.
>>
>>55158488
It's fucking obvious that he wants you to switch sides. The former noble is the hero, you're to turn on your former masters and return him to his place of prominence. If the GM were telegraphing his intention to you any harder your campaign would literally be on rails.
>>
File: 6d8.jpg (201KB, 893x950px) Image search: [Google]
6d8.jpg
201KB, 893x950px
>>55158473
>Everyone takes almost exclusively teamwork feats
>Whenever someone charges, everyone gets a free charge
>Whenever someone takes a 5 foot step, everyone gets one without provoking
>Mounted units can occupy the same space
>Effectively share hp as a group, since attacks against low hp members will get intercepted by high hp/tankier members jumping in and taking the blow
>Instead of personally using smite evil, always grant it to all nearby allies, resulting in endless smites
>Totally immune to fear and disease
>Everyone can act as the face of the party
>Mead, mutton, and religious zeal
>>
>>55158488
Same as everyone does- make overoptimised characters and push the guy's shit in.
>>
Is it just me or has the thread been uncharacteristically slow lately?
>>
>>55158488
Strap that C4 to your chest with the rest of your party and suicide right into him and call off the game unless after that scene there's just a fine red mist left of the guy,
>>
>>55159048
The guy has evasion, he'd probably walk away fine.

>>55158843
We are optimized, the villain is an optimized initiator.

>>55158615
Fuck that. I'm not switching sides. I'm fucking LN, I'm sticking with the country. I'm employed by the government too for fucks sake.
>>
>>55147859
eat rats you pussy
>>
Something I never could figure out: are NPCs with NPC classes supposed to get max hp at first level and favored class bonuses? The examples in the books aren't consistent.
>>
>>55159137
NPCs have max health from the first level and don't get favored class bonuses.
>>
>>55158975
Nobody is interested in the recruiting games, the Starfinder folks are gone, and there hasn't been mechanics discussion in so long, I suspect a lot of the people who came here for that left a while ago. Now this is what's left.
>>
>>55159099
Grapple him. Initiators cannot initiate when they're grappled.
>>
>>55159183
I'm here for mechanical discussion, but it doesn't generate much discussion. I'm trying to brainstorm some homebrew, but I don't have much to actually show and most people don't care.
>>
>>55159313
That sounds like a plan.
>>
Why aren't people applying for starstone academy? It seems like an interest premise.
>>
>>55159483
Fuck off, I.Drive
>>
>>55159336
That's the way it goes.
>>
I like the look of Black Ship but I'm really strapped for time. Can I write an app and appoint someone else to play it?
>>
>>55159514
Ok so its a guy you don't like personally, but what about the other 56 posters?
>>
>>55159562
Ok so you're walking around right? Suddenly someone goes
>"Hey you there, play this pregen"
What do?
>>
>>55159483
It's a really terrible premise for a few reasons.

School settings for things that aren't traditionally learned in schools is pretty shit, especially one for people who are supposed to become gods.

Becoming gods despite the hype, isn't that interesting and honestly kinda generic and in a weird way kinda limits character motivations since it's everyone end goal.

Inconsistent scheduling.
>>
>>55159483
Full schedule with older memegames. I have an idea, though. I'd like to apply, but A) I've got no time, and B) all the Discorders I see discussing it are really pervy, which kinda hurts my interest because my idea was going to be pretty chaste and heroic. If heroism doesn't match the tone, then there's no point.
>>
>>55159595
If I have time? Yeah, I'd play with some strangers.
>>
>>55159623
I don't really see how a game about becoming Gods isn't ripe for heroism.
>>
File: Phantom Uses Intimidate.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Phantom Uses Intimidate.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
Hey, /pfg/, would you allow a Spiritualist's Phantom in a Path of War game to take the Martial Training line of feats?

What about a phantom with the Unpattern archetype from PsiAug: Mind and Soul, using it's Pattern Rend natural attack for fun and profit?

>Pattern Rend (Su): Unpatterns tear at the patterns of anything they touch. An unpattern has a pattern rend natural attack. This is a melee touch attack that deals 1d6 points of damage plus the unpattern’s Charisma modifier (regardless of the unpattern’s size). This damage cannot be resisted in any way, such as by damage reduction, hardness, or immunities. The unpattern can use its pattern rend to make sunder attempts without provoking attacks of opportunity, and it counts as a slam attack for the purposes of the phantom’s other abilities. This ability replaces the phantom’s slam attacks and slam damage progression.

>Unpattern Potency (Su): At 4th level, an unpattern’s ability to rend patterns improves. The base damage of its pattern rend attack increases to 1d8, and it gains a +2 bonus on combat maneuver checks when using its pattern rend to sunder an object. At 10th level, the base damage of its pattern rend attack increases to 1d10, and its bonus on sunder attempts increases to +4. In addition, whenever an unpattern makes a pattern rend attack, it rolls 2d20 and selects which of the two die results to use. If it uses the higher die result, its attack is resolved as normal. If it uses the lower die result (or if both die results are the same), its attack deals an additional die of damage (1d8 at 4th level and 1d10 at 10th level)

Whaddyathink, anons? Could it be fun?
>>
>>55159739
I would, Animal Companions have trouble keeping up as is especially when Path of War gets slung around.
>>
>>55159623
Upsurp the pervs.
>>
>>55160028
I could try, I guess. I'll see if I like my build and if I can find art worth a damn.
>>
Everyone hype for War for the Crown?!
>>
Does d20pfsrd ever plan to update their path of war section?

I'm strating to get tired of having to check the PDF every time I want to review fools errand.
>>
>>55160262
No, seems pretty boring.
>>
>>55160262
link it nigger
>>
>>55159719
It's ripe for heroism, but since the PCs would rather play animu grabass in the showers, there's not much for it.
>>
>>55160206
There's at least 2 other apps that are strictly no lewdshit. You aren't alone.
>>
>>55160374
It was advertised as anime highschool on /pfg/. What did you expect?
>>
>>55160374
This is the problem inherent to /pfg/ games unfortunately. That being said 26 apps is still a lot, so I don't know what that guy was talking about when he was talking about "no interest."
>>
>>55160418
>>55160423
I expected no different, which is why I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft. pole.
>>
>>55160380
3 apps does not a party make.

Plus, do you really think I.Drive is going to pass up the chance to rape some PCs? The dude is like the Krombopulous Micheal of rape.
>>
>>55160638
Doesn't particularly help that all of those are male apps.
>>
>>55160638
You only need one more to make a full party. Just convince others to make apps matching a heroic tone. There's still time. Or don't. Whatever you wanna do. I'm not a cop.
>>
>>55158975
Splitting one active thread into two barely active threads will do that.
>>
>>55160680
What's wrong with an all-male party?
>>
>>55160680
1 guy he hates the most and engineers situations to cuck him.

Sometimes he will throw an npc waifu his way then have his self insert npc cuck and fuck, and snuff the waifu. Sometimes he will have one or all the females in the group in a situation where they are raped while the male pc watches helplessly.
>>
>>55160742
Not as fun to rape.
>>
>>55157544
Many years ago, a party of adventurers tracked a lich down and assaulted his lair. The lich sealed himself within intending to wait them out, but the adventurers realized this and so set up camp. The years passed by and the adventurers passed their duty down to their children, and then their children's children. After generations, a bustling town forms from their descendants, but with time their original purpose is forgotten, the lich is only a legend.

But as the players discover, the lich has awakened from its slumber and is readying to destroy the town. Only they can re-seal the ancient evil and prevent mass destruction.
>>
Want to make a bodyguard cohort but can only use stuff from Core+APG. Was thinking of building a Phalanx Soldier fighter using the Bodyguard feats and Combat Patrol but beyond that I'm drawing a blank. Granted Core+APG doesn't give much...
>>
>>55160262
I want to tenderly make love to the Princess in secret while we plot her rise to power and domination of Taldor's enemies!
>>
File: Cute 106.jpg (244KB, 700x851px) Image search: [Google]
Cute 106.jpg
244KB, 700x851px
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cx6Q2UTfL9yR1Zbh8uy7ZFYzql6ZFDTppZ8AdeeNsbw/edit

I've been updating my Minor Gestalt homebrew. I think I have something from all the classes I would want.

Changelog is at the bottom.

What do you think, Anon?
>>
>>55160722
I might try after all. Thanks, Anon.

>>55160742
>>55160680
My app would be a gal, if that helps.
>>
Agree or disagree:

Apart from a few edge cases, most Occult classes are well within the realms of Tiers 2 to 4.
>>
>>55161140
Godspeed anon. May your character creation go smoothly and without hiccups.
>>
>>55157544
>>
>>55161140
No worries.
>>
>>55158975
This is pretty much the rate /pfg/ moved at before games autism. Also keep in mind college is now in full swing in a lot of place.
>>
File: Lost Empires of Faerun cover.jpg (554KB, 1600x574px) Image search: [Google]
Lost Empires of Faerun cover.jpg
554KB, 1600x574px
>>55161659
>college is now in full swing

Now I'm worried about my campaign this Saturday.
>>
>>55158975
too tired to spew ot dumb pieces of lore. Maybe write lore on Friday.
Though gotta decide whether to focus on writing up either the Republic of Ayngrol or the Mauviich Cluster
>>
>>55160346
It's not out yet, the campaign is a war in Taldor!
>>
File: Power Levels in Golarion.png (267KB, 384x456px) Image search: [Google]
Power Levels in Golarion.png
267KB, 384x456px
>>55155820
Not exactly.
>>
File: dc-treasure-room.jpg (130KB, 1000x580px) Image search: [Google]
dc-treasure-room.jpg
130KB, 1000x580px
Blingmaker ran yesterday, so it's time for a greentext!

Last week, "SurtovaGate" finally concluded, the party having found Surtovan soldiers and Swaglord bandits working together to guard and mine a crater shocked with veins of gold. With proof of the crown's dealings with bandits secured by Viviana's thievery, the party had decided to move on for now rather than directly attack the encampment.

Session #17

>searching for a rumored bandit brewery set atop a waterfall, the PCs begin to experience trouble as most of them develop headaches
>moods sour as the day goes on and the headaches worsen, but when the PCs realize that everyone except Viviana (the only non-Gilded PC) has a headache, they become suspicious
>they begin to realize that their headaches grow worse as they get closer to... something
>determined to find the source of their suffering, the party presses on until they find a large clearing in the forest containing ancient ruins
>expecting treasure or trap, the party is surprised to find neither, only an weathered old statue and a maze
>Branwen recognizes the statue from the vision she had when she was Gilded, confirming the party's suspicions that these ruins must be connected to the Gilding Gold somehow
>deterred by the pain and finding no other clues, the group departs to continue towards the rumored waterfall
>a day later (and with headaches gone) the party finds the brewery, set up on a stony outcropping from which a waterfall pours
>party decides to approach peacefully and try to bargain with Auchs, the bandit supposedly running the brewery, and are greeted by a man standing guard outside
>he pretends not to be a bandit, saying they keep the bandits away by bribing them with booze, but most of the party isn't convinced and after name-dropping Sairok the Swaglord, the man gives up the ruse
>he agrees to let them see Auchs, but on the conditions that only half the party goes- the other half stays outside and gets drunk with him
>party agrees, warily
>>
>>55161024
Bump
>>
>>55159483
Because I.Drive totally fucked a previous game, semi-literally, before suddenly vanishing.
>>
>>55161024
>>55162202
With just those two books, the closest you can get to a functional bodyguard is an oradin who uses Life Link + lay on hands to always keep their charge's HP topped up. Forget about trying to actually block attacks, it ain't happening.
>>
>>55159483
No, it's fucking shit, from the person running it (I.Drive) to the people applying to it (Mashallah).
>>
>>55160322
No, d20pfsrd is a giant piece of fucking trash, stop using it. Use Nethys for 1pp, and use your damn pdfs for 3pp.
>>
>>55162278

Catch him some slack. I mean, i'm sure you fucked up once in your time in TTRPGS, Why do you act so innocent. He who hasn't sin cast the first stone.

Lighten up.
>>
>>55162556
I genuinely hope he dies in real life.
>>
>>55162583
Well yeah, that's because you have issues.
>>
>>55162556
>He who hasn't sin cast the first stone.
Me. I haven't. It isn't that hard. I've never flaked from a game in my life without at least a session of warning to let the DM figure out a way to wrap things up or get myself offed in a suitable way that let people let me stay dead while remaining IC. I've never attempted to fuck games up on purpose just because. I've never been stupid enough to use the "it's what my character would've done" justification after raping / murdering major NPCs that I explicitly knew were major and hard to replace because we were running an AP and not an original setting, especially when it's not really what my character would've done and came out of nowhere.
You're essentially saying "let he who hasn't just up and slugged his friends in the face cast the first stone". I've taunted them and thrown my socks at them and sometimes I stuck random shit in the food I made for them because it was funny to see a guy who can't eat spicy stuff choke on stealth spicy, but I haven't slugged them. There's plenty of stuff everyone here has done, but people don't hold grudges for 'just' fucking up.
>>
>>55163111
Which campaign did he fuck up anyways?
>>
>>55163222
Hell's Vengeance.
>>
File: aww.png (7KB, 366x294px) Image search: [Google]
aww.png
7KB, 366x294px
>tfw develop a fever in the middle of DMing
>>
>>55163427
Argentum?
>>
File: 1447114859776.jpg (65KB, 468x577px) Image search: [Google]
1447114859776.jpg
65KB, 468x577px
>>55163427
You can do it, anon! Do it for the players!
>>
>>55163443
That's a cute boy!
>>
>>55163423
Jesus christ, now I feel bad for that GM
>>
>>55163427
That's rough man.
>>
>>55163443
I'm only cutting half an hour off at this point, in favor of nyquil and sleep
>>
>>55163464
Yeah man just say you need to take an advil or something.
>>
File: 1405069299933.jpg (36KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
1405069299933.jpg
36KB, 600x587px
>>55163427
>tfw develop a fever for DMing in the middle of not having any free time

>>55163464
You can't show weakness to your players like that, they'll start questioning your authority. You need to kill one of them OOC so everybody knows you're still in charge, and then you can cancel the session because the group is down a player this week.
>>
>>55163454
....boy?
>>
>>55163548
>unending sadness
>a permanent Crushing Despair curse that can't be dispelled
Does that ice cream come from some sort of supermajor artifact
>>
>>55163595
Yeah, it's one of many flavors from Zon-Kuthon's personal ice cream cooler.
>>
>>55163588
Yeah.
>>
>>55162128
Splitting them up is very GRRM of him. They'll probably try and kill both groups.
>>
>>55163427
I forgive you
>>
>>55163795
GRRM? You mean George Martin? Does he split people up often or something?

t. someone who doesn't watch/read GoT
>>
>>55163827
Mostly, he just arbitrarily has people getting killed off left and right because DARK SUBVERSION. And nobody ever sees it coming or has any backup plans because HURR DURR HONOR IS STUPID.
>>
>>55163795
However, as was pointed out at the tail end of the session
>Left the gunslinger, a primary caster, and a mounted combatant out in the open
>Took two initiators into close quarters
I think we can handle ourselves.
>>
>>55163427
Anon if your players don't understand why you might need to cut the session short, they don't deserve you.
>>
>>55163920

It's easy to see it coming. Most characters have glaring flaws that they will be their own undoing. I like the "throw a character into a pit and see if it survives" approach.
>>
>>55163436
That would require him to be DMing tonight.
>>
File: 1480446848770.jpg (237KB, 1279x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1480446848770.jpg
237KB, 1279x1179px
>I'm going to get a mask that grants me the features of an Auroch because my tribe's associated with aurochs

>tfwmy companion and GMPC buddy for this solo campaign is a catfolk vigilante

>tfw I brought this on myself by requesting monstergirl masks
>>
File: the_bards_tale_lg.jpg (146KB, 950x833px) Image search: [Google]
the_bards_tale_lg.jpg
146KB, 950x833px
How do ypu feel about running two independent group of players, separated sessions and all, sharing the same setting?
>>
>>55164037
what is this beauty from?
>>
>>55164049
Ask SwimmingEagle about it

>>55164068
Idunno, use saucenao
>>
File: svYRFlm.gif (2MB, 400x172px) Image search: [Google]
svYRFlm.gif
2MB, 400x172px
>>55164037

You made your bed, anon. Lie in it.
>>
>>55157773
>>55158533
For what it's worth I'm the DM and I'm not posting them. Pretty sure most of the interest I've gotten has been from outside /pfg/.
>>
>>55164068
Judging from the eyes and hair, my guess would be Oshiete Galko-chan. It's pretty decent slice-of-life series that is kinda like an anime version of The Breakfast Club
>>
>>55164037
Is it too late to make your tribe and mask bat-themed?

>>55164049
I'd like to try it but would never have enough free time to juggle it.
>>
>>55164156
it's far too late. On the bright side of things I'm now legit playing a masked, chocolate cowgirl, so I got that going for me.
>>
>>55164091
How will you be handing out reviews? Just PMing them to players?
>>
>>55157773
Actually it was me, I was genuinely curious on why it had very few applicants and I was also genuinely glad that it wasn't getting memed into the ground by players who only wanted attention.

>>55157201
I deleted my post because an Anon pointed out that I was doing a disservice by prompting discussion, his point was good and I realized that I was compromising a good thing by being selfish.

>>55164091
You shouldnt worry about it. While the apps arent popular I hope that you will go through your game. Prove the haters wrong, do right by your player base despite their deficiencies.
>>
File: 1499390640383.png (3MB, 1100x1610px) Image search: [Google]
1499390640383.png
3MB, 1100x1610px
Hello /pfg/!

How would you make white-haired witch good?
>>
>>55164485
Adding half their level as an attack bonus when using their hair natural attacks.
>>
>>55158488
>one eyed masters
dude he called you dick worshipers.
>>
>>55159099
Can't counter twisting-wind-shots
>>
>>55164485
Its already good
>>
>>55164499
Interesting idea, however it doesn't solve the problem with rogue talents and losing every single hex. Maybe give them back half their hexes and just remove the rogue talents?

>>55164525
It's lackluster when you compare it to regular witch, you lose your nice hexes and you really won't be hitting much with half bab and having to split your stats between dex/int.
>>
>>55164332
Yeah, either via Discord PMs or Roll20 PMs depending on what contact methods they left me. Doing them publicly just seems like it'd make things into a circus.

>>55164343
That's the plan.
>>
>>55164545
Do that, that would work.
>>
>>55158488

Serious question: Have you ever played the original Deus Ex? It's just a blurb but it totally seems like he's trying to get you to leave UNATCO and help him fight the Illuminati or whatever.

Basically, whichever anon said he wants you to change sides is completely right.
>>
>>55164485
actually, I homebrewed an archetype. I made a white-haired magus archetype. It's pretty neat I think, if almost to the point of becoming an alternate class.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k11FK3jjZNKpxiKqdydlkMK-lNP3v4xex-hhhc7hiB8/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>55164653
Funny, I was just looking at Hexcrafter Magus with the Prehensile Hair hex to see if it works (it doesn't really work).
>>
>>55164613
Fuck, I thought the same thing. You've got good taste, Anon
>>
>>55164613
But does he have a gepgun?
>>
>>55165170
Stick with the prod.
>>
>tfw no Avowed update
>>
>>55164087
>have cat
>love cat
>cat is extremely affectionate and likes to hang out with me
>but cat every once in a while gets fiesty and play-fights me, often biting and clawing just a little
>If I owned a tiger, these would be serious wounds
I can't imagine owning a pet that even if it adored you could accidentally kill you by being a little rough.
>>
>>55162366
>to the people applying to it (Mashallah).
Why the fuck are people singling me out? I'm hard-pressed to believe I'm the worst of the discussions of the game, given that I'm relatively tame and not really talking smut stuff, mostly interested in cuteness.
>>
>>55167333
god dammit man you take the bait every time
>>
>>55167314
Sounds like you just need to be just as strong as the tiger.
>>
>>55167333
Obnoxious, incessant amounts of "cuteness". Not like real cuteness, but the lelanimecute type crap that's a lead in to "cute lewd" shit. Lets not forget your disgusting bloodplay fetish despite people asking you to stop sharing.
>>
>>55167314
You train it better. Just like people do with big dogs. Shit I'm watching a video of a guy using a cheetah as his pillow and he has to be careful because she has a mental disorder that prevents her from being able to control the strength of her love-bites while grooming. So he just doesn't let her grab him with a love bite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTHDxJ_JWzY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPmEE5rK-Jg
>>
File: aeqeeqw1213.gif (1MB, 310x434px) Image search: [Google]
aeqeeqw1213.gif
1MB, 310x434px
>>55167314

Eh, some people are down with that, some people aren't.
>>
>>55167574
Sorry, I'll remember to assign my next ability point to Con if I reach a high enough level.
>>
>>55167587
>Not like real cuteness, but the lelanimecute type crap that's a lead in to "cute lewd" shit.
>that's a lead in to "cute lewd" shit
Then you'd be better off shitting at people who actually posted sexual stuff in discord, of whom there were several.
And I'm not even very interested in lewds in most cases m80, though I enjoy cute romance.

>Lets not forget your disgusting bloodplay fetish despite people asking you to stop sharing.
This is fake news on several levels. First, "people asking you to stop" was largely one person who wasn't even serious and doesn't actually mind the subject, especially seeing as she is duo-apping with me now for Starstone Academy. Second, I haven't really discussed bloodplay much outside of cute vampire bites, which are vanilla as fuck and, by and large, people I discussed it with in the discord seemed to have no issue with them.

I get I might be annoying some people, but being singled out when I'm being one of the tamer posters and the wilder ones go under the radar weirds the shit out of me.
>>
>>55167699
you're getting singled out because you keep responding
>>
>>55167699
Everyone gets called a faggot, this is 4chan. If you're getting singled out any more than anyone else, it's probably because you're reacting to it, which keeps whatever prejudices people have at the forefront of their mind. Chill.
>>
>>55167728
>>55167733
Fair enough, I'll just stop responding on the matter.
>>
>>55167688
Dude, just up your Dex so the tiger can't hit your AC
>>
I'm GMing for a group where half the group has never played PF before. Most I've at least played with before and know to be good roleplayers, but the newest guy we invited seems to be the sort that enjoys stories about nat 20s allowing stupid shit, broken builds, and other disruptive as fuck shit I won't let happen. For his first character, he wants to play a CG focused-as-fuck necromancer, and I've explained to him that while I'll allow it, almost everyone will see his magic as an abomination, so he'll have to be particularly subtle about it.
Is this guy gonna just leave in a few sessions?

>>55167868
Dex was my dump stat. Foolishly thought I wouldn't need it. I've taken vidya gamer feats to help with the hand-eye coordination, but my large limb dexterity is shit.
>>
File: Gun Control.jpg (116KB, 949x787px) Image search: [Google]
Gun Control.jpg
116KB, 949x787px
>>55167900
Fuckers only really want to play/subvert 'le ebic necromancer' because necromancy is outright stated to be evil *and* because of some goofy fucking nostalgia for d2. Even in d2, necromancers were not "good guys" for fighting the "bad guys", they'd just as easily tell heaven to fuck right off too, they were on the side of humans but they were willing to use all sorts of dirty/dark tactics to make both heaven and hell stay the fuck out of sanctuary.

Pic related was what necro's didnt do when heaven and hell came knocking.

I really wish people would fucking remember that they're defiling the remains of things that someone or something may have cared about, or they're making horrifying scary walking abominations, or they're instilling things with anti-souls that by default hate and want to destroy all things that live because they are abhorrent to them. "el ebig undead raising nercomancers" are not good guys, they are to be shunned and feared.
>>
>>55168626
Except for Occultist Necromancers, who can literally pull skeletons and zombies out of thin air (it's explicitly mentioned that there doesn't actually need to be a corpse anywhere nearby or underground for their implement-summoned undead to spawn in).
>>
People complain about dex fags at times because the dex stat works on so many things so it is "balanced" by having to have several feats to go online unlike strength which you can already get working but it applies to almost nothing. If there was a way to get strength to apply to ac or even fort, would it be more "fair" that way you can relax the feat restrictions for dex fags?
>>
>>55168749
Regardless of whether the necromancer is actually committing evil acts, the fact remains that in a standard fantasy setting, common folk and most good religions should assume you're evil. I don't care so much if you want to play a non-evil necromancer as long as you play your character as someone who knows the attached stigma. You have to hide your powers from those you don't trust and you should probably be pretty paranoid. You'll also need to be a bit off in the head to have reached such a state, as it's not normal, even among high fantasy adventurers.
>>
>>55168865
It's like when one of my players pulled the not-so-evil drow bullshit on me, and then was surprised that nearly everyone was incredibly suspicious, and the party was almost killed just for approaching elven lands.
I'm alright with someone playing a horribly disadvantaged character because they enjoy the roleplaying challenge, but so many people think they can play an abomination and not have it be a disadvantage.
>>
Gimmick build idea: Pack Rager 7/Pit Fighter 5

Pack Rager lets you give a Teamwork feat to all allies within 30 feet as long as you're raging

Pit Fighter lets you rage indefinitely

Dunno if there's any Teamwork feats which produces above-average results when used this way
>>
>>55168982
Coordinated Charge
Shake it Off
My Blade is Yours with the party pooling resources to get one awesome weapon for everyone to share
Stealth Synergy...maybe?
>>
>>55168982
Indefinitely? Is your character going to fight in front of crowds and use the combat performance rules? If not, how is it indefinitely?
>>
>>55169197
Showmanship. It's indefinite in the sense that the rage can go on as long as you don't fail a performance check or the encounter ends.
>>
>>55169238
Ah that makes sense, you said 5 levels of pit fighter so I just jumped and read the level 5 abilities.
>>
>>55168982
Hell if another person wants to bog themselves down with this gimmick, you could just have any Pit Fighter paired with a half-orc Pack Rager with Sympathetic Rage. Two teamwork feats at level 13 too.
>>
File: ss+(2017-09-01+at+01.21.13).jpg (318KB, 689x933px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-09-01+at+01.21.13).jpg
318KB, 689x933px
Hi /pfg/
>>
>>55169400
>Sorcerer Bloodline
There better be a Bloodrager one that matches or Aroden help me
>>
>>55169471
Nope, I just looked through the book.
>>
>>55169400
Is there an Exalted reference that I missed?
>>
File: Sunbreaker.jpg (126KB, 1021x555px) Image search: [Google]
Sunbreaker.jpg
126KB, 1021x555px
>>55169400
>>55169471
Sunbreakers would be cool bloodragers.
>>
>>55169557
Nope, it's becoming grossly incandescent.
>>
Is there anything at all interesting on the horizon for Pathfinder?
>>
>>55170226
Mechanically? Not really, the system is as bloated as it could get. Otherwise, Ruins of Azlant is shaping up to be a "good" AP, with the later books promising to shed light on Azlant and reveal some extremely potent lore. War for the Crown is shaping up to be equally potent, being described by Paizo as one of the "plot-changing APs" on par with Wrath of the Righteous, clearly referring to how the outcome of War for the Crown will determine the fate of Taldor and, in many ways, the political situation of the Inner Sea.
>>
Busy, so I'll keep it short.
Totem Archetypes updated to 1.2, which is likely the stable/final version. A few bugs and balance issues have been stamped out (like being able to make totems of CR 20 medium creatures at level 4), more CLARITY in general, and also a (nearly zero effort because it's basically just a slightly altered version of the Shaman arch) Totem Witch archetype.
>Totem Archetypes 1.2 (SSDK Materials)
https://pastebin.com/5cgy0rxY
>>
Would a pokemon trainer best be represented by a summoner?
>>
>>55170418
No, not at all. There really isn't a class that can emulate a Pokemon trainer with any semblance of accuracy unless the only thing you want is "has monster buddy".
>>
>>55170226
All the focus is on Starfinder right now.
>>
>>55170594
>All the focus is on Starfinder
>When they're releasing books every other month
>>
>>55170594
>>55170612
>Pathfinder releases are uninteresting because they're not the new hotness of Starfinder
>Starfinder releases are uninteresting because of the slow release schedule
What fresh hell is this?
>>
>>55170418
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/archetypes/paizo-alchemist-archetypes/preservationist/
>>
>>55170686
The hell of Paizo's own design.
>>
>>55170719
I liked summoner better for customization and permanence :S
>>
>>55170226
There's the shifter class coming out in October, I believe.
>>
>>55170787
Ultimate Wilderness comes out in late November, anon.
>>
>>55170787
Which would have zero synergy with shifter races
>>
>>55170818
>>55170821
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
New thread:

>>55171200
>>55171200
>>55171200
>>55171200
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.