[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 44

File: 1474934466661 Gepetto.png (1MB, 1680x944px) Image search: [Google]
1474934466661 Gepetto.png
1MB, 1680x944px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to MCTNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>55103857
>The_Mafia__THE_Multicultural_Organization?.trid
>Triad_Number_Symbolism.knwsft
>Vory_Contact_Arms-Dealer.zdf
>Yakuza.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 459 (96% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Oyabun? Nah, nearest bakery is too far away'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Dishonorabru.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Organized Crime Edition
What groups are you in contact with?
Who has given you jobs? What enemies have you made in them?
>>
Funny you should make this a Organized Crime thread.

Yekka, I took Made Man, and used a Mafia Consiglieri group contact for it. Chummer is letting me raise its Connection to 6 without spending Contact Points. Bug, or am I missing something in the books?
>>
File: 1477632575025.jpg (114KB, 779x1025px) Image search: [Google]
1477632575025.jpg
114KB, 779x1025px
Honestly, if you're not tied up with at least some kind of criminal organization I don't know how you get into shadowrunning. Not like you can just show up at a fixer's bar and say, "I got a cyberarm and WR2, organize a murder sesh for me."
>>
File: bloodhack.jpg (182KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
bloodhack.jpg
182KB, 500x301px
>see a show named BLOOD DRIVE
>oh boy vampire racing action
>no, the cars just drink blood, there are no vampires
Goddamnit, shadowrun has spoiled me on amazing things.
>>
Im making a landsnecht styled character. Kind of like a modern day approach, who wants to build himself a merc company full of dudes who dress to kill while they kill. Im looking for recommemdations for equipment & option choices.

I need a weapon that is somewhat distinctive & useful. Landsnecht used pikes because they were the best weapon at the time. I need something with the same feel. I dont know whether its smarter/more distinctive to go melee or ranged yet.

Should i go adept or cyber?

What armor would be best? I'm looking at getting mil spec when i can, but i dont know what else. I also need anything that looks flashy.
>>
>>55126904

I mean, you can, but if you get a job, you are 150% going to get fucked over.
Actually reminds me of some guys I play with that take their PC status for granted.

>I show up and ask for a job.
This guy has no idea who you are and no proof you're not a cop.
>I have a katana strapped to my back, 4 grenades on my belt, and an armored trenchcoat. I'm not a cop.
Fair point. He points you toward an Aztechnology warehouse and tells you to have fun.
>>
>>55126904
you work for yourself in low scale heists until such time as a fixer notices you.
>>
>>55127074
nice art there
>>
>>55127110

Cyber would be better for uniformity. Not everyone can be awakened, but the whole gang can get matching arms.
Melee would give you the old-school feel, in which case I'd go with monofilament axes (upgraded to poleaxes for Reach bonuses, if allowed).
Ranged options would probably favor shotguns for most people, with an LMG on the troll in the back.
Tactical helmets are a must. Not only do they look cool, they can give major benefits for cheap.
Look into riot shields as well. Never underestimate the morale impact of an advancing, impenetrable wall.

Combined, it might give off too many SWAT vibes, but there's a reason we still use SWAT teams.
>>
>>55126904
>I don't know how you get into shadowrunning
Make up a convoluted excuse for how your fixer found you.
>>
>>55126904
You finally escape your corp holding cell, & live life in the Barrens putting your vatgrown body to use stealing from the same corp that made you.

You & the neighborhood kids you grew up with team up to pull some petty shit to piss of your parents, several jobs, drunken tattoos, ill advised haircuts & a few dead bodies later, you wake up one day to find that ten years have passed with your best chummers by your side or in the ground & you are late to meet up with this week's Mr. Johnson.

You used to be a soldier, flying dronestrikes for the good ol' UCAS, you came home a vet with no job. Til you hear about a guy who hired an old army buddy of yours to clean out a shipment of Ares tech. You hit up your friend & next thing you know you have a job. Isnt america great?
>>
>>55127461
So no assualt rifles or anything? I didnt know which way would be better.

Also, is there any rules for having back up mooks that could be a merc squad, kinda like WoDs Allies merit?
>>
How would I run a game where it's so pink mohawk that the players are basically supervillains?
>>
File: Pistol Axe.jpg (67KB, 1500x459px) Image search: [Google]
Pistol Axe.jpg
67KB, 1500x459px
>>55127110
Like >>55127461 said, cyber is better for uniformity. That said, I really like the Nemesis Arms Praetorian for a universal sidearm. 6 Accuracy, 8p -1AP, SA, and it comes with a bitching bayonet and Custom Look standard. A good weapon, and in the hands of a pistol adept it could be fucking devastating CQCif you fix the broken melee rules.
>>
File: Zephyr.pdf (82KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Zephyr.pdf
82KB, 1x1px
Hey can I get feedback on this rigger? Based on a concept I saw in one of Shadowrun Storytime's threads. Two-Dee, but a rigger who runs a swarm of invisible sniper balloon drones.
>>
>>55127110
While he could be an Adept, his crew would be mostly ware because most folks are mundies. I'm imagining the average guy rocking a pair of Cyberarms and an initiative booster (or Nephritic Screen to help with drugs) would work well. Two arms give each of them amazing agility and strength for any two handed weapons, and the 6 armor is handy.

For a distinctive and effective weapon, the Collapsing Spear from Hard Targets could work. Good reach, good damage, looks awesome. Don't neglect firearms though. Automatics means carrying a compact SMG for when you can't stab the opposition, and full auto with a pair of Cyberarms means big dice pools and rc. For armor, maybe play up medieval stereotypes. Full body armor with a tabard overtop? The helmet is styled like a sallet or frog helm or anything else that tickles their fancy.

Do you want them to be legit, do bodyguard work, security, or more hitsquad mercenary types?
>>
File: Cyberface Katana.png (1MB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
Cyberface Katana.png
1MB, 1280x1810px
>>55127544
>You finally escape your corp holding cell, & live life in the Barrens putting your vatgrown body to use stealing from the same corp that made you.
That's a solo revenge mission. As soon as you get into 'doing work for money' i.e. shadowrunning, you need connections.

>You & the neighborhood kids you grew up with team up to pull some petty shit to piss of your parents, several jobs, drunken tattoos, ill advised haircuts & a few dead bodies later, you wake up one day to find that ten years have passed with your best chummers by your side or in the ground & you are late to meet up with this week's Mr. Johnson.
That's gang life (which imo counts as 'some kind of criminal organization').

>You used to be a soldier, flying dronestrikes for the good ol' UCAS, you came home a vet with no job. Til you hear about a guy who hired an old army buddy of yours to clean out a shipment of Ares tech. You hit up your friend & next thing you know you have a job. Isnt america great?
So then your buddy is your connection to a criminal organization. Unless he's stealing a shipment of Ares equipment for kicks.

All of them are good backgrounds I've used variations on two of them myself but they don't address the central argument that you need criminal ties to be a shadowrunner.

>>55127571
There are leadership rules for controlling a group of people in combat, and group contacts, but not exactly like WoD.
>>
>>55127660
by default isn't any group of shadowrunners involved in a criminal organization by virtue of literally being an organization of criminals themselves?
>>
File: Duo.jpg (220KB, 1024x679px) Image search: [Google]
Duo.jpg
220KB, 1024x679px
>>55127686
True, in the American version of runners. In Germany runners tend to be lone operators brought together by a fixer for a specific run that uses their specific skills, then get their cut of the dosh and fade away into the shadows.

But I'm referring more to the idea that you need ties to the larger criminal world to even start as a shadowrunner, because the central conceit is that people state a need and it makes it's way down an increasingly shady chain until it reaches you so you can fill that need.
>>
File: IMG_0496.jpg (771KB, 789x1222px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0496.jpg
771KB, 789x1222px
>>55127588

By pairing them against a city-backed runner team.
>>
>>55127571

Assault rifles are good to have, and why I said "favoring shotguns" as opposed to "only shotguns", but I went with shotguns for two reasons:

1. Shock and awe. Your team is not one that gets hired to sneak your way in, have prolonged firefights, or go for non-lethal takedowns.
Your team is hired to turn enemies into corpses.
Part of your image is instilling fear, and few weapons do that better than a shotgun to the face.

2. Up close and personal. Your targets will probably use pistols, rifles, and automatic weaponry against you.
All good weapons, but ones that thrive at longer ranges.
Part of being an effective combatant is removing your enemy's advantages and capitalizing on your own.
With this in mind, your team would want to excel in fights that put the opponent on edge, which means closing distances and finishing quickly.

Anything that requires range can be dealt with by either grenades or the LMG previously mentioned (also a terrifying gun to be on the other end of).
>>
>>55127598
First:
What exactly do you want to do with that character? Fire support? Surveillance?
>Those Stats
One shot on you and you are dying
>put a point into sneaking. You HAVE to be able to effectively sneak around if you don't wanna get shot
>how will you defend yourself if your drones are unavailable? put a point into automatics, get yourself a machine pistol with FA, Spray-and-pray
>What's your native language?
>you don't need to list every piece of clothing you have
rest of the build I can't really comment on
>>
>>55125603
>I thought "physical initiative" and "Matrix Initiative" were separate? So if you use Matrix Initiative you get coldsim/hotsim bonuses, and if you use AR you use physical initiative?
Oh, Reaction and physical initiative have no effect on your cold/hotsim initiative. But maximizing Reaction is important because it's used for Pilot, which is your general-purpose drone skill. Acrobatics, Stealth, Running, and almost any other non-combat physical skill are all under Pilot - and that's Reaction, regardless of whether you're Jumped In, remote-controlling, or piloting manually.
>>
He >>55127832
is right, with those stats you are an inch away from sitting in a wheelchair, you are basically a walking cripple.
And with 1 in charisma and willpower you are also socially handicapped.
>>
>>55127832
Thanks. Him being frail and unable to defend himself is kinda the point - he's a deadly murderous rigger who turns into a screeching coward the second he's in actual physical danger. At the very least it gives the street sammie something to do.

>Put a point into sneaking

Good idea, I'll do this.

>Native language

Didn't realise this was a thing, sorry. English, I'll fix the sheet.

He's mostly intended to provide a combination of fire support, overwatch and surveillance.

>>55127870
>Socially handicapped

Yup. His team will take him to a johnson meet exactly once.
>>
>>55127660
Not a solo. Character could have been picked up by any fixer talent scout

Gang life & organised crime arent the same

Army buddy could be working for another corp

There is more to shadowrunning than the mob. From talent scouts to friends in dark places
>>
>>55127940
you intend to jump into drones
How the fuck do you expect to soak damage to your drones?
>>
>>55126904
You absolutely can, but there's a lot more to it than that too. It's pretty easy to friend-of-a-friend your way into some freelance crime.

For example, let's say you've recently mustered out of a military tour. While you were touring, one of your buddies was dishonorably discharged for smuggling and trafficking. You try to get a job, but you got some kind of black mark after an injury, so nobody wants to hire you for security or law enforcement jobs. You're forced to work as a minimum wage wageslave, and it's killing you inside.

So, you reach out to your old buddy, explain your situation to him, and he offers to hook you up. Has you do a couple smuggling jobs for him - nothing major, but each one takes only one night and pays like an entire week at your day job - just to feel you out, make sure you're really down for it as he gets to know you again. You do well, so he introduces you to a fixer he knows after you keep coming back looking for more and more work.

After a few milkruns gone well, you're in good with the fixer now, you still have your buddy for smuggling jobs (and he can get you plenty of good shit if you're willing to wait a week or two for him to reach out to people) and voila, you're a shadowrunner now.

It's not hard to end up in the shadows if you go looking for them. The trick's just getting your foot in the door and having a profitable skillset.

That said, sure, plenty of folks enter shadowrunning from street gangs and organized crime.
>>
>>55127660
>they don't address the central argument that you need criminal ties to be a shadowrunner
"Criminal ties" doesn't mean you're tied to an organization, is more the point. Everyone's got to get an in somewhere, but it's not necessarily with organized crime.
>>
>>55127588
A heroic Omega Dawn team, of course.
>>
>>55127571
>So no assualt rifles or anything?
Personally, I prefer burst sniper rifles and fully-automatic combat shotguns over assault rifles, but you do you.
>>
>>55127964
I don't? The jumping in gets me the rigging bonus to gunnery tests doesn't it?
>>
>>55128022
Chummer, if your drones are hit you take Biofeedback, which AFAIK you soak with either WIL or BOD
>>
>>55128062
Well shit. I'll look into some biofeedback filters then.
>>
>>55128114
>PHYSICAL DAMAGE
>Whenever the vehicle or other device you’re jumped
>into takes Physical damage, the feedback can hurt you.
>Whenever the vehicle or drone you’re jumped into takes
>boxes of damage, you must resist half (rounded up) of
>that damage as Biofeedback damage (p. 229).
CRB p266

>BIOFEEDBACK DAMAGE
>Biofeedback damage is Matrix code that forces your sim
>module to misbehave badly. It makes your body go hay-
>wire the same way that Matrix damage screws up devic-
>es. This can cause temporary or even permanent damage
>to a deckers’ body and brain. It’s used by Black IC, Grid
>Overwatch Division G-men, and unscrupulous hackers
>and spiders, although it can also come from other sources
>inadvertently, like dumpshock or the damage riggers take
>when their vehicles and drones are damaged.
>Biofeedback damage is only dangerous when you’re
>in VR mode. Unless the attack says otherwise, biofeed-
>back is Stun damage if you are using cold-sim VR and
>Physical damage in hot-sim VR. You resist biofeedback
>damage with Willpower + Firewall.
CRB p229

You'd only be able to resist with 7 dice (WIL 1 + your commlinks FIRE 6) if you jack in through your RCC
Since your stun track is already minuscule it means that you can't soak Biofeedback much
>>
>>55128114
Look into some less-crippled stats. Starting with less than 2 in an attribute means you don't even have a dice pool if you don't have Skill Points in a relevant skill.

You're playing a character who's crippled - mentally, socially, and physically - in a quantifiable way.
>>
>>55128184
>>55128192
OK cheers, I'll go back over the character and see if I can't buff him up a bit. Thanks chummers.
>>
>>55127598
As a Rigger, you're going to want/need Reaction, Willpower, Logic, and Body to all be near-max, in that order. Those are your key stats.

As a living, breathing person, you're going to want to have Charisma higher than 1 unless you're the 'literally doesn't speak or make eye contact,' lower-functioning-than-Aspergers, serious-grade autistic. Similarly, if he's physically capable of jogging he needs a Strength and Body higher than 1, and Willpower 1 is something you should only see on someone one bad drug addiction roll away from being a brain-dead husk.

You can afford to dump stats - Charisma, Intuition, Agility, and Strength, if you're planning on being a remote-operator rigger without any real physical or social talent. But even then, have enough to be a functional person, if not a particularly healthy/pleasant one.
>>
>>55128286
OK cheers, this is really helpful. I've put BOD, WIL and BOD up to four, with LOG at six. I can put them up to five but I put AG up to 4 too for gunnery tests because they get bonuses from my control rig. I can dump AG if I don't need them though. I didn't realise I could dump INT, thanks.

As far as social crap goes, I've got etiquette maxed. I am totally fine playing an asshole with no social skills, like my lord and saviour 2D. I kind of envisioned this character as a closet sociopath who comes out of his shell during runs, enjoying the opportunity to shoot people with high-powered sniperdrones. Give me a sec and I'll post the edited sheet.
>>
>>55128424
Gunnery uses Logic when you're remote-controlling. REA is your primary stat, though.
>>
>>55128424
>As far as social crap goes, I've got etiquette maxed. I am totally fine playing an asshole with no social skills, like my lord and saviour 2D. I kind of envisioned this character as a closet sociopath who comes out of his shell during runs, enjoying the opportunity to shoot people with high-powered sniperdrones.
Still have Charisma 2. Having Charisma 1 means you literally have 0 dice in any social skill without skill points. It means unless you're specifically trained for it, you're basically entirely non-functional - instead of just an obnoxious cunt.

That's low-functioning autistic, not just antisocial.
>>
>>55128449
Oh shit really? Well nevermind then time to dump some AG
>>
>>55128005
>>55127821
>>55127638
I dont have a preference for assault rifles, i just thought tg would recommend me fuckhuge guns.

I like the idea of collapsible spears, a customized spear could be a symbol of membership.

Statistically which is better shotguns or SMGs? Can they be used with a shield? Are there any drones that a normal person can use to follow them & shout out fanfare & carry guns/ammo/equipment, preferably flying drones?

Ive never made a cybered character before. I plan on two cyber arms or half arms, with blinged out casemods but i dont know what the best reaction/initiative combo to take or if there are other things a cyber character needs.

>>55127597
Where can i find that beautiful destroyer?
>>
File: Zephyr.pdf (82KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Zephyr.pdf
82KB, 1x1px
>>55128462
>>55128286
>>55128192
>>55128184
>>55127964
>>55127832

Here's the updated sheet. Thanks everyone for your useful advice, it was really helpful. It's because of stuff like this that /tg/ is my favorite board.
>>
>>55128513
Cutting Aces.

>The manufacturer offers a wide array of customization options from chrome to gold filigree to electroluminescent accents, as well as seventeen different blade styles for the bayonet.

Go big, go brash, go beautiful, or go home.
>>
File: 1462335708268.jpg (150KB, 1077x741px) Image search: [Google]
1462335708268.jpg
150KB, 1077x741px
>>55128513
>Statistically which is better shotguns or SMGs?
Different guns for different purposes. SMGs have better accuracy and can fire full auto, shotguns do better damage and have spread. SMGs are the gateway for assault rifles, though; if you want to be an actual security company, Automatics as a general choice are better than Longarms because you can carry pistols and SMGs anywhere and make people feel safe without looking like you expect to fight off Halloweeners at any moment. There's lots of security-grade SMGs for a professional look, not so with shotguns.

Can they be used with a shield?
Only one-handed weapons can use a shield, and neither SMGs or shotguns fit that bill.

Are there any drones that a normal person can use to follow them & shout out fanfare & carry guns/ammo/equipment, preferably flying drones?
There's several different drones that a merc company could use in R5, from resupply to mobile cover to medivac. Read that whole chapter.

If you're going for cyberarms, commit to two full ones. Get WR2 at a minimum, and some cybereyes/ears with mods to cut through conceivable interference, and Bone Lacing.
>>
>>55128513
>Statistically which is better shotguns or SMGs?
Shotguns hit harder, SMGs are easier to conceal. Personally, I wouldn't let anything larger than a machine pistol be used one-handed without a penalty.
>>
>>55128526
>Intuition 1, Agility 1, Strength 1
So, do you intend for your character to be blind, deaf, and crippled? Because that's what that is.
>>
>>55129027
I took max perception, I gotta dump something man. I'm fine with them being hilariously unfit.
>>
>>55129055
'Dumping' is still leaving it at 2. 2 is unfit. 1 is physically disabled.
>>
>>55129071
If I had any spare points left I'd use them, but I got nothing.
>>
I'm kinda on the fence about deciding whether to get back into Shadowrun with 4e or 5e. I know 4e pretty well, but I'm just wondering if 5e makes very many improvements.

All I remember about it are the differences pretty much between the core books, as that's when I left. Nobody else around here (that I care to play with) plays Shadowrun, so really I'd be introducing it to new people.

So really all I want to know are the substantive system benefits of 5e over 4e. So for those people who've played both, what do you prefer about 5e?
>>
File: CB11.jpg (114KB, 786x1017px) Image search: [Google]
CB11.jpg
114KB, 786x1017px
I'm a GM but i can talk about two of my players
Let's see:
>Hacker started off running drugs for the Seoulpa Rings and has a few contacts there
>Mage has serious debts to both the Triads and the Mafia, and went into shadowrunning to pay said debts off.
>Party's primary fixer works for an small Ethiopian branch of the Seattle Mafia, so they're technically working for them.
>Their first post- FF run was to trash up an Jewelry Store being used as a data dump for the Vory who were encroaching on the branch of the Mafia their Fixer works for, so they're gonna have to deal with that in a suitably Wickian fashion.
So yeah, by campaigns end they should be suitably entwined with the upper echelons of Seattle's underground.
>>
>Seattle - major corporate enclaves
>Germany - political micro-states and policlubs
>Hong Kong - kung fu, magic, and banned firearms
>Denver - cold war espionage
>Chicago - bug hunt
>Metropole - metasapients and other freaks
>Calfree - celebrity and social media

Is that about accurate for the type of shit that different parts of the setting tend to lean more towards? Obviously you can find a variety of other things in any of those locations, but that's the kind of thing they tend towards, yeah?
>>
>>55129203
Denver isnt really the Berlin c.mid-late 80's of the setting anymore since everyone got thrown out on their asses by Ghostwalker.

Although depending on how the meta-plot goes the espionage just gets 300% more sneaky and convoluted, or the FRFZ turns into the next Bogota.
>>
File: 1481082387920.jpg (180KB, 814x709px) Image search: [Google]
1481082387920.jpg
180KB, 814x709px
>>55129095
You can actually be a decker instead of being told to get fucked because Siri does it better. Adepts can no longer oneshot juggernauts with pistols. That faggot Stephen refused to learn 5e so we game without him now and don't have to listen to him talk about how every run is actually me trying to put in my opinion on American politics.
>>
>>55129083
It's 10 karma per attribute you want to bring from 1 to 2.
>>
>>55129328
Except Agents that can beat a properly built Hacker are milspec only.
What's more, they can only do what they've been told.
>>
My crew generally works for this elf dude who is absurdly rich and has a penchant for antiquities, so its less of a criminal organization and more of an organized criminal, dude gives us the jobs personally, mainly cause he and my street sam bonded over their shared love of old stuff
>>
>>55129403
So that's 30 karma to get a 33% chance to pass tests I shouldn't be making in the first place. Maybe during play but I'm not wasting karma during character creation on that.
>>
>>55130361
Wrong.

That's a 33% chance to pass a test you WILL be making at some point because runs never go perfectly.

But you can build an incompetent runner if you like. It's not as though Shadowrun is a fairly lethal setting or anything. :^)
>>
>>55129203
>Calfree -Nerds and xenophobia
>>
>>55130429
Ihave 7 dice in ettiquette to act normal and social stealth through situations, and it's much cheaper to buy one point in stealth than it is to put one point in ag
>>
How strong can adepts get?
>>
My decker has level 4 gremlins, will this be a problem?
>>
>>55131486
Base Strength +4
>>
>>55131532
Yes. It means that he will be the worst hacker in the universe and the worst Runner.
>>
File: AmIRetarded.jpg (49KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
AmIRetarded.jpg
49KB, 665x574px
>>55127544
Shit, I thought all that was one backstory at first. I wish it was actually.
>>
>>55131739
I got you famalam

You escape whichever corp that made you at around 11-12, shadowrunners smashed up the place & you saw your exit, you find yourself just another unregistered kid on the streets of Redmond. Befriend some local kids & take turns crashing at their respective houses. Timmy Two-Tusks is the sort of leader of the other kids & you stay with his family the most even though his mom & dad already struggle feeding all them orc mouths. One day you notice that the a food delivery truck from the same corp has really shitty security, & comes to the local gas & go every week. You think that this might be a great way to pay your friends back for taking you in so together you stage a robbery. Thus befins your career as minor thugs til its time to grow up & be adults. Timmy has plans to join the military & so do you, it guarantees a SIN, skill training & most importantly clean food & shelter. You do your tour but come back to the same prospects. You think nothings gonna work but then you hear a rumor... old Timmy Two-Tusks is getting the old gang back together
>>
What city, other than Seattle, would be the best to introduce to a group of players that have never played Shadowrun?
>>
>>55128526
is this karmagen? can you post karma summary?
>>
>>55127110
Thunderstruck Gauss Rifles, with bayonets on the end. Distinctive. As. Fuck.
>>
>>55133003
nope i used priority A money B/C skills attributes (can't remeber which) D metatype E magic

It's why I balk at spending 30 extra karma on attributes
>>
>>55132805
IDK, Seattle is pretty much the stock standard.

I've only ever played in games set in Seattle, or Sydney.

And the later can be batshit insane, given that it's like 99% corporate controlled, surrounded by a perpetual mana storm, and infested with bugs.
>>
>>55133129
Seattle is standard, but Denver seems like a fun option.
>>
>>55133136
What are Denver's quirks again?
I seem to remember Free Spirits are super common there.
>>
>>55133147
City split into districts Jerusalem-style for each North American sovereign nation, ruled by a dragon.
>>
>>55133064
do you have any moneys left?
>>
>>55133204
About 8 grand, but I can always drop a drone if I need more for anything. Why?
>>
>>55133221
drop one body for one willpower for that one sweet stun condition monitor
max reaction
get some chrome like reaction enhancers or cerebral boosters
>>
>>55133221
also looks like knowledge skill ate remaining of your points
drop some because you can use active skills in place of knowledge with some penalty to dive pool
>>
>>55133312
I'll drop the body for the willpower.

Reaction isn't critical for me, this guy isn't going to be piloting his drones all that often unless he's shooting something or things go tits up. It's already at 5, I'd rather have LOG maxed.

The chrome is interesting. Sadly, reaction isn't crucial for me, and just one rank of cerebral boosters would cost me an entire drone. Plus it doesn't make sense for this character to have a tonne of hi-end chrome starting out. He's an everyday rigger segueing into shadowrunning, he wouldn't have good mods just yet.

>>55133343
I made this with priority through chummer. I can't swap out my knowledge skills for other things, they're automatically generated based on my logic. Although I'll consider changing some, I updated my skills since I set them.

Thanks for the advice!
>>
Any idea where i can find the books for my non english-speaking buddies?
>>
>>55133531
what language?
>>
>>55133531
Depends on what non-English language they speak. German 5e is in the Pastebin.
>>
>>55133540
French, sorry, should have said x)
>>
>>55133415
>I can't swap out my knowledge skills for other things
You used your "active skills points" on knowledge skills
>Etiquette 6
>First Aid 1
>Gunnery (Ballistic) 6
>Hardware 1
>Perception INT 4
>Pilot Aircraft (Remote Operation)6
>Pilot Ground Craft REA 3
>2 specialisations
This adds up to 29 points out of 36
>>
>>55133672
Really? Shit I didn't notice that. Thanks!
>>
>>55126096
Almost certainly a bug, my free time's burned until Friday though. Shall see what I can do to sort it out.
>>
Hey, is there a 5e sourcebook about Seattle? Writing up my homebrew campaign and it'd be useful to have more info on Seattle in 2070 than the wiki is giving me.
>>
>>55134411
Seattle Sprawl Digital Box
>>
>>55134430
Cheers.
>>
>>55133150
A city spirit
Ghostwalker grabbed the parts and mashed them into one
>>
File: Bird on Log.png (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Bird on Log.png
3MB, 1920x1200px
Does anyone have cool art of AR stuff? I want to give some to my players so they can understand what it's like living in a world where everyone is connected to a non-physical world of information that isn't just, "Yeah, there are popup ads in real life, crazy huh?"
>>
>>55136151
https://vimeo.com/166807261
>>
>>55134411
The 5e source book is garbage unless you want information about the updates in organized crime.
>>
File: No Homo Seal of Heterosexuality.png (218KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
No Homo Seal of Heterosexuality.png
218KB, 490x490px
>>55136275
neat
>>
Let's make a Roll20 shadowrun campaign. Anyone up for it?
Can't find a single good campaign in roll20
>>
>>55136443
What edition?
What place?
What CharGen?
What Books?
What house rules?
What else?

Have you tried the Game finder thread?
>>
>>55136478
>Have you tried the Game finder thread?
Not yet.

Edition place chargen books etc depend on the GM. I ask for a game but I can't GM it.
>>
>>55136499
>but I can't GM it.
have you tried it?
>>
>>55136553
Not experienced enough as a GM to GM a setting so difficult. I only did Deathwatch and not for more than 5 sessions.

Also I wanted to experience the setting as a player after playing the CRPGs
>>
>>55136598
>>55136553
Also played a face to face campaign once but it lasted only for 5 sessions.

I was playing the human streetsam half german half japanese Karl Von Fujimori.
>>
>>55136598
>Not experienced enough as a GM to GM a setting so difficult.
Trogger, I started GMing SR 4e with no previous GM experience.
You'll grow into it
>>
>>55136654
You know what, actually the best way to find a game is to GM it myself. Thx for the advice, BTL burner.
>>
>>55136703
He's right you know. But there are usually like 3-4 'rotational gm' games on roll20 at any given time.

But I'll tell you what, if my players don't die after last week's fuck up, I'll look into adding roll20 normies to my Vory game.
>>
>>55136735
>>55136703
There are also communities on that do unofficial organized play, but you'd have to go to >le reddit.

If you're really desperate for play, check out Runnerhub and Shadownet.
>>
>>55136703
A reliable way to attract players is to make it a lewd game.
>>
Ah the eternal problem
Everyone wants to play but no one wants to GM
>>
>>55137199
>Not giving players bonuses for playing naked / semi-naked.
Why live?
>>
>>55137218
Because GMing just straight isn't fun to 95% of people - which leaves you with 19 prospective players to every willing GM.
>>
>>55137199
Don't turn into pathfinder general.
>>
OK omae
What's going on with the Commanding voice adept power
There's a version of it in Street Grimoire but chummer5 has another version from Stolen Souls. Was the SG one been remade or what?
I found both here btw
http://adragon202.no-ip.org/Shadowrun/index.php/SR5:Adept_Powers#Commanding_Voice_.28SR5:SSo.29
>>
>>55138281
The one in Street Grimoire was borked and had to be reworked. It was replaced in Errata and replaced by Authoritative Tone. Commanding Voice in Stolen Souls is the official one.
>>
>>55138338
wiz answer, thx
>>
File: Crimson.pdf (65KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson.pdf
65KB, 1x1px
I need some feedback on my shadowrunner.
Priority build in chummer5
>>
>>55139451
>Condition Monitors aren't showing correctly
>What's your native language?
>Aren't revolvers SS only?
>Combat Sense is usually only taken at R1 for the chance to make a perception test against being surprised
>You have grenades but no points in throwing?
>rest of the sheet is borked

Some small things to correct, but seems okay
>>
>>55139584
>Condition Monitors aren't showing correctly
What's that?
>Aren't revolvers SS only?
The one i have is
>Combat Sense is usually only taken at R1 for the chance to make a perception test against being surprised
Free from Dragonslayer
>You have grenades but no points in throwing?
Forgot about that
>rest of the sheet is borked
Chummer does that to me
>>
File: IMG_2924.jpg (22KB, 236x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2924.jpg
22KB, 236x388px
Trying to make the Comanche mob not goofy gangsters with feather headbands and more "whiteman don't fuck with us".

How would you guys do it?
>>
>>55139717
>>Condition Monitors aren't showing correctly
>What's that?
What
Are you fucking serious?

>>rest of the sheet is borked
>Chummer does that to me
Download a PDF printer and print using that
>>
File: First Nations Ancients Deal.png (266KB, 343x821px) Image search: [Google]
First Nations Ancients Deal.png
266KB, 343x821px
>>55139776
Strong nationalist tendencies like the existing First Nations gang. Protect the homeland, don't shit where you eat.
>>
>>55139856
>What
>Are you fucking serious?
haha had to search the rulebook to figure out what you were talking about
t.never played before
>>
>>55136443
I'd be willing to try, fair warning I'm totally new to roleplaying though.
>>
>>55139904
Did you make the character without reading the fucking rulebook?
Chummer, there's a difference having trouble finding things and not even trying
>>
File: 5fb.png (309KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
5fb.png
309KB, 600x549px
>>55127598
> shadowrunning psychopath, giggles disturbingly while shooting people
>>
>>55140512
Edgy characters can be fun as long as you don't take them too seriously.
>>
I can't find it in the book, what's the penalty for defaulting on a skill?
>>
>>55141009
CRB p130
>>
>>55141009
-1, so if you only have 1 in an Attribute, your dice pool is literally 0. It's why people often say that having an Attribute of 1 represents a very real crippling disability - one that you can learn to overcome through skill points, but it essential turns every associated skill into a skill without defaulting.
>>
What is better as general for human street sam chummers
Skills C, Attributes A or Skills B, Attributes B?
The struggle between 5 in Will, Reaction and STR(with r1 Musc Aug) and wide array of skills is real
>>
>>55141191
Resources A, Attributes B, Skills C. Only change that up if you feel the need to play one of the good metatypes.
>>
>>55141191
Your core skills are usually prohibitively expensive to raise in career mode, for the bonus of single die. The karma and time spent to raise a core skill is better spent on raising an attribute up (you get a single die to a bunch of pools), patching dump stats, or building into a different archetype. Like a Sam training into Infiltration or Driving.

Since it's better to raise attributes in career mode, it's better to start with Skills > Attributes mechanically.
>>
>>55141505
Wow. What shitty fucking advice.
>>
>>55141522
Got an argument to back up that autism?
>>
>>55141505
It's much better to start with higher Attributes because there are way more things that involve Attributes alone than Skills. Your limits, melee damage, contact points, knowledge skills, drain resistance, soak, composure, and so on. That, and Attributes are way more prohibitively expensive to raise in play.

They only good advice you had was to cheaply branch out rather than investing in what you're already good at.
>>
>>55141505
>>55141611
Realistically, you're never going to advance your primary skills nor your primary attributes during play, and suggesting to someone that planning to do so is reasonable is deeply misleading. It's simply too damn expensive in both cases. Instead, you'll be bringing Attributes from 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 and buying skills in the 1-3 range to branch out and/or patch holes, and buying the occasional Specialty to advance what you're already good at.

Advancement in your primary focus is done by acquiring new 'ware/powers/spells/gear, not by spending Karma on your Attributes or Skills.
>>
>>55137304
>He says on the general about a game with a cyberdick implant in the core book
>>
>>55129071
>1 is physically disabled

citation needed

There are distinct negative qualities if you really want to play a disabled Person.

An Attribute at 1 is a bad, maybe even a shitty choice, but its still not on the "disabled" scale.
>>
>>55142455
>cyberdick implant in the core book
Uh, excuse me, but it's not in the core book. The core book is just where we have rules for Bunraku Doll whores and which metatypes genes take predominance when inter-racially breeding.

The cyberdicks, customized genitalia, and sex change treatments don't appear until the cyberware books.
>>
>>55136443

GAWD YES

I mean it'd be fun. Post it and I'll join if you're in my time zone.
>>
>>55142598
We've had this argument before. It spanned multiple threads.
>>
File: 8RTCyzQ.jpg (572KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
8RTCyzQ.jpg
572KB, 1920x1920px
>>55137234
>not playing a nudist female neoteny elf with Breasts 2.0, implanted savalette, bone lacing, chemical gland in her vagina and a chameleon Skin toner minmaxed to the max for sneaking, perceptin, melee and pistols

lame

Also:
>its not possible in 5e to stick an Ares Redline Laser into your cyberschlong without handwaving

lame2
>>
>>55142598
An Attribute score of 1 means that unless you're specifically trained in something, you automatically fail at it, because an attribute of 1 plus the -1 untrained penalty puts you at 0 dice, or an automatic failure.

So, someone with a Charisma of 1 not trained specifically in Negotiation is literally incapable of negotiating. Someone with a Strength of 1 but no active skill in Running can't even attempt to run faster. Someone with a Logic of 1 but no Armorer can't even begin to patch up or maintain their equipment.

Someone with Intuition 1 but no points in Perception automatically fails all Perception rolls; so blind that they can't see anything requiring a threshold higher than 0.

The books aren't going to call it out as a disability.

But when you look at the effects of 1 in an attribute - the fact that it turns all linked skills into skills you can no longer default on - a picture is quickly painted of someone who's really meaningfully crippled in the selected field.

Someone with an Attribute of 2 is pretty shit at something, but they can at least make an attempt without specific training - maybe even succeed sometimes. But someone with an Attribute of 1 is something else entirely - someone so crippled in their dumped stat that they can't even try to do anything linked to it unless they've trained and been taught how to.
>>
>>55142734
And over the Course of all this threads, not a single source was given that backed up your claims.
>>
>>55137304
>>55137199
>>55137234
>>55142455
>>55142738
I'd play a lewd game in a heartbeat.
>>
>>55142758
Yeah, I'm not that guy. I was just making a comment that this argument happened a few months ago and it keeps cropping up. Nice try jumping on me with bad English though.
>>
>>55142758
>over the Course of all this threads
Go to bed. You're drunk.
>>
>>55142742
a) omitting situational bonuses
b) omitting that "being so shitty at something that you always fail except when being taught about it" is still something very well within "normal" limitations of uncrippled Person.
So a weakling who never encountered rivers or the sea will definitely drown when he goes there?
Sounds pretty realistic and still doesn't make said person a cripple in the medical sense.

You should stop confusing "crippled" and incompetent.

As written above, you can be totally unable to do something and still not be considered a cripple.

A real physical cripple doesn't learn to maybe not (instead of deinitely do) drown within a day or two.
A STR 1 imageboarddweller however, can do, however.
>>
>>55142598
Fine. You're handicapped, but not literally disabled.

Just like you seem to be judging by your inability to comprehend what 'disabled' means, seeing as having an attribute score of one automatically disables your capabilities of defaulting on anything.
>>
>>55142760
I don't care. Go to /soc/ then.
>>
>>55142925
Dude, if you literally can't do basic, normal things without being trained to do so, you're crippled. Disabled. Whatever you want to call it.

Can you be even more crippled? Sure.

But you're crippled.

If you're incapable of seeing things without being taught how to observe your environment, you have a disability. If you're incapable of jumping without being trained, you're a cripple. If you can't even hypothetically pass even the most basic of Etiquette test even 1% of the time without special situational bonuses or education, you have serious problems.

A score of 1, instead of 2, is a big damn deal.

If you disagree with the terminology, I don't give a fuck.

The end result is that someone becomes differently-abled - literally incapable of ever passing a test unless they're trained to do so.
>>
>>55139451
What role are you going for?

>Criminal Sin
Maybe pass on this? SR5 page 84:

>He is legally required to broadcast his Criminal SIN at all times; failure to do so is a felony and can lead to re-incarceration. He is shunned by law-abiding society. Law-abiding citizens will, if they must, deal with a SINless character before they’d have any interaction with a known criminal. With his Criminal SIN, the character will experience prejudiced views, suspicion, and/or open hostility from most people with SINs. He will often be denied entry to certain locations (high-end stores, car dealerships, museums, galleries, etc.) and will have difficulty
finding legal employment. He can expect to be
brought in and held up to 48 hours for questioning anytime a crime is committed in his area.

>the cops will be more interested in closing the case than solving any crime; they may try to pin crimes on the character with the Criminal SIN whether or not she had anything to do with it. Some degree of “adjusting” facts and “interpreting” witness accounts to support allegations is common;

>Magic users tend to receive much harsher treatment from the judicial system than mundane criminals. If the character is a magic user with a Criminal SIN, he is registered with local law enforcement. He can expect regular—but usually not scheduled—checks to confirm he lives and to ensure he is not using forbidden spell formula, foci, or other magical gear

Maybe giving this to a tusked adept is a bad idea? Especially to someone with striking skin pigmentation. Also, a fake SIN is a good investment. Or a vehicle of some kind. You'd need an adept license for your crimSIN too.
>>
>>55140512

All the edge!

Does it help if I play him as a pathetic coward whenever he is actually threatened with danger? I won't sell out my fellow shadowrunners but he will shriek and run away.
>>
>>55142985
This is a game with cyber-genitalia, brainwashed hookers, statistics on fantasy races' breeding rates, and a section in the core book titled Sex. You don't have to like that Shadowrun is a lewd game, but you can't pretend it's not a pretty prominently featured part of the setting either.
>>
>>55142940
t. literally unable to understand the difference between incompetent and disabled.

>an attribute score of one automatically disables your capabilities of defaulting on anything.

Being literally to stupid/weak/agilitylacking to have a chance at doing something you know jackshit about is still not a medical condition, especially since it can easily be fixed by just learning about doing something, unlike the originally stated "disability".

see
>>55142598

Attribute of 1 = utter shit
Attribute of 1 != cripple

If you want to be a crippled person, grab one of the serveral fitting negative qualities, that are exactly made to represent this.
>>
>>55143087
That doesn't matter. Go to /soc/ if you want that.
>>
>>55143089
>Reeee semantics!
Except if you're utter shit at so many things, congratulations you're handicapped you crippled shit!
>>
>>55143087
Thats really only "lewd" for 14 year old (body or mind) imageboard neckbeards desu
There is a big difference between dark&gritty and you enacting your personal wank fantasies at the table.

t.
>>55142738
>>
>>55143143
>>55143089
>t.
>t.
Does anyone else find this super obnoxious, or am I just finally an old man?
>>
>>55143135
>wah wah, let me bend the words to my liking, so i can weasle out of everything

have fun, kiddo
>>
>>55143076
Its one of those ideas that sound cool in your head but are mostly annoying in play
Or maybe my PTSD from that one loli elf char is calling
>>
>>55143178
define "old"

Because arguing about the imageboard equivalent of "signed ..." or "regards ..." makes you look rather young.
>>
>>55143200
>the imageboard equivalent of "signed ..." or "regards ..."
Do you really think that's how it comes across?
>>
>>55143179
You perfectly describe yourself.
>>
>>55143076
i think its really irrelevant since i have a hard time believing this character can survive his first 3 runs.
>>
>>55143179
You're the one making a semantic argument because you don't like the word 'cripple' you stupid fucking faggot.
>>
>>55143215
t. literally stands for terveisin, which is literally finish for "regards".

>>55143218
>no U
>>
File: 1404645728724.jpg (21KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1404645728724.jpg
21KB, 500x500px
>>55143283
>t. literally stands for terveisin, which is literally finish for "regards".
>>
>>55143271
Because its mechanically wrong, you sad turbonigger who is unable to properly express himself in his mothertongue
>>
>>55143321
>defending being a semantic nitpicker
>>
>>55143182
Fair enough, although for what its worth 90% of his edge comes from me realistically RPing a character with 1 CHA (no emapthy, poor hygiene, incondsiderate, selfish etc) and him enjoying shooting people. I've played evil characters before, the trick is to not use it as an excuse to fuck over the rest of the team. Two-Dee is fine, Rigger X is not.

>Edgelord loli elf

Gonna need some details on that. No Paedo, but I like me some Thatguy storytime.

>>55143249
Really? I got high BOD, WIL and EDG, plus an inconspicuous van to drive away in if I get in trouble, PLUS most of my attacks will be done off-site via drones. What would kill me?
>>
File: benis.jpg (7KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
benis.jpg
7KB, 210x230px
>>55143315
You should be knowing this if you aren't totally new to imageboards
vittu
>>
>>55143366
>What would kill me?
Your GM, because he thinks your character is a cunt.
>>
>>55143351
>trying to insult somebody by literally trying to paint precision as bad

go study for your BA in gender-studies, Jason-Ukulele
>>
>>55143387
Why would they do that? I already explained my assholeness isn't going to screw over my team or deliberately fuck up a run.
>>
>>55143366
>WIL
>BOD
>High

okay, Mr "a single shot might put me into physical overflow"
>>
>>55143424
Except you're the one using the words incorrectly, kys faggot.
>>
>>55143424
Writing up a multiple-paragraph argument where, instead of tackling anything substantive, you argue that one word isn't accurate, makes you a cunt.
>>
>>55143459
Are you looking at my first sheet or the updated one? Cuz I dumped my AG and INT to raise my WIL and BOD in the uppdated version. Please read that.
>>
>>55143424
Instead of actually disagreeing with anything that he was saying, you disagreed with the use of the word 'cripple,' you stupid fucking faggot.
>>
>>55143424
>implying it's not BA students that have to nit-pick
>>
File: dude stop.jpg (23KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
dude stop.jpg
23KB, 280x373px
>>55143491
Everyone hates your character and wants you to stop posting.

And no, I'm not any of the guys you've been talking to.

They're trying to be polite, but clearly you need that to just be spelled out for you.
>>
>>55143424
Fuck off.
>>
>>55143491

>>55143532 Is correct. You're making a terrible character, refuse to correct it, so please drop it and stop asking for us to suck your dick.
>>
File: Flick (shadowrun).pdf (78KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Flick (shadowrun).pdf
78KB, 1x1px
>>55143532
>>55143563

Wow really? Sorry guys, I didn't realise you all felt this way.

So I made up ANOTHER character. What do you think?
>>
>>55143629
>Cheap_Undergarments_(You)
>>
File: yoba butthurt.jpg (60KB, 800x487px) Image search: [Google]
yoba butthurt.jpg
60KB, 800x487px
>>55143478
>>55143484
>>55143491
>>55143511
>>55143550

All this butthurt
Nice, imprecise faggots going full TILT
>>
File: 1d1.jpg (58KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
1d1.jpg
58KB, 700x479px
>>55143629
>Log 1

Even for a streetsam, that's bad.
>>
>>55143655
Yes anon, you're the last bastion and defender of the House of Webster.

You've done well, enjoy asspats.
>>
>>55143629
>no cyberschlong and/or breasts 2.0

fail
>>
>old cyberpunk media is absolutely full of sexual themes
>trying to use sexual themes in tabletop gets you all sorts of weird looks

I am considering making a gunbunny with a fetish for the battlefield. Am I going to be committing social suicide?
>>
File: retard alert.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
retard alert.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>55143655
>>
>>55143697
>Am I going to be committing social suicide?
Unfortunately yes.
>>
File: yoba_derp-1.png (9KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
yoba_derp-1.png
9KB, 736x736px
>>55143701
>>55143690

And it keeps on flowing.
>>
>>55143697
Yes, sex is bad. Better stick to horrible murder.
>>
>>55143709
god damn our modern age and it's neo-protestant attitudes.
If everyone was back on cocaine, I bet I could get away with this no problem.
>>
File: 1486146783335.jpg (377KB, 890x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1486146783335.jpg
377KB, 890x1258px
>>55143697
Depends on which continent you are playing and how old your peers are.
>>
>>55143629
>6 points in Etiquette. WHY?
>Cant get a specialty unless you've put a point in the skill, so no Gunnery (Ballistic) 0
>EDG 5. WHY?
>Again, no Native language?
>Omegaware RE3 and WR2. Didn't know you were a masochist
>Get rid of all the clothing aside the armor
>Why do you have 6 guns, 3 of which have a pool of 6?
>3 times the same Fake SIN? WTF?
What the fuck are you doing?

>55143731
Guys, it's a troll, don't feed him
>>
>>55143770
'murrica.
No youths though.
>>
>>55143788
>'murrica
Don't do anything lewd or even suggestive in games. Especially if you're an in-person group rather than text-based. Everyone will think you're a creep.
>>
File: Persian.pdf (74KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Persian.pdf
74KB, 1x1px
>>55143695
I know, sorry. I try but I'll never be as bad as the guys on /pfg/ Have a high-cha shapeshifting elf to make up for it.

>>55143654
>>55143669
Have another one

>>55143782
The four spare guns, + 2 fake SINs (placeholder names) are for deaddrops in lockers (1 in subway, 1 in gym). They go in a duffel bag with a hermes Ikon, an armour vest, a medkit and a credstick. My van is supposed to be an inconspicuous getaway vehicle, so etiquette is the skill I'd roll for that, plus etiquette is a useful skill to have in general. I'm the getaway driver, so I need edge.

Where do you input native language in chummer?
>>
>>55143788
>No youts

Born in the 80s or older?
then it could work if you keep out obvious pedobait.
>>
>>55143878
>Born in the 80s or older?
People born in the 90s are almost 30 now, desu.
>>
>>55143869
>2 fake SINs (placeholder names) are for deaddrops in lockers
Chummer, do you know what a Fake SIN is? It's a number pointing to a registry in multiple sites. There is no real need to place one in a locker.

>Where do you input native language in chummer?
Add a language and put no points into it. It will have a N
>>
>>55143903
Just stop replying. It's a troll at this point.
>>
>>55143903
Cheers for the advice about native language. I know the SIN is just a number, but I keep the commlink and the guns registered to the spare SINs. that way if a run goes tits up I can just go get new ones, and throw my old ones into Puget Sound.
>>
>>55143178
It's used as a lazy way to strawman another poster, usually in place of having an actual argument. It's obnoxious in the same way as 'u mad', or calling people autistic neckbeards, beta cucks, or whatever the flavour of the month happens to be. It is retarded and obnoxious, but no more than the 4chan standard. Congrats on getting old. Grump on, anon.
>>
File: Jinx.jpg (441KB, 1215x717px) Image search: [Google]
Jinx.jpg
441KB, 1215x717px
>>55143697
Gunbunny who gets off on violence?
Strictly forbidden in tabletop. Not in media in general, though.
I think it is because tabletop people are weird about sex.
>>
File: Traveller.pdf (66KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Traveller.pdf
66KB, 1x1px
>>55143919
I'm trolling you? Wow sorry I didn't know. Have another character as a peace offering.
>>
Does Bone Lacing provide its unarmed bonus to unarmed weapons like knucks/brass knuckles? Or are you forced to go Striking Calluses if you want it to stack with something?
>>
Are the game's writers under the impression that Physical is a more attractive/appealing/useful damage type than Stun? I don't get why things like Killing Hands or cyberlimbs describe having your unarmed attacks change from Stun to Physical as if it's something that actually helps you.
>>
>>55144148
put a point from Edge into Magic
Maybe put a point from LOG into STR
Generally fine
What tradition?
>>
>>55144260
Trenchcoatfaggot pls go
>>
>>55144285
Thanks. No tradition - Explorer. It's why I've got Astral Combat stacked so high. I'll take your advice about the LOG to STR.
>>
>>55144345
Stun is, on average, far more useful than physical for taking people out of the fight. Even if you're a murderhobo, it's easier to just knock them out and kill them afterwards.
>>
>>55144345
The fuck? It's a serious question. Do the writers think that Physical is actually a powerful effect? Do they think it's useful? I'm talking on a mechanical level.

Because in every application other than punching a drone to death, it's a strict debuff.
>>
>>55144260
5e wasn't intended to have non-lethal as the default option, it seems. The non-lethal default developed because of the game mechanics usually making it the more effective choice for takedown.
>>
>>55144382
I'm not going to Dispute this, because it is correct.
However, you really simply want to use tasers/gel/SnS for that instead of fists.

And metal fists hitting harder than flesh is sorta realistic.
Besides, one could argue that P is actually the more usefull damage type against spellslingers with very high WIL.
>>
>>55144423
Its good to create longer lasting negative effects compared to stun damage.
Granted, thats mostly usefull for NPCs fighting against PCs, but still.
And yeah, most RPG writers cannot into math.
>>
>>55131486
Become the 12 strength human with exceptional attribute and gene mods. Become the fucking strong, anon.
>>
>>55144260
Some things ignore or reduce stun damage, with killing hands you can actively fight that
>>
>>55144675
>Some things ignore or reduce stun damage
I'd say things like Platelet Factories (which only reduce Physical damage) or the Heal spell (which has no effect on Stun) is a much bigger concern.
>>
>>55144710
There really should be a spell that heals stun damage.
>>
>>55144757
That's what drugs are for isn't it?
>>
>>55144798
Drugs are for plenty of things.
That Magic can't heal more subtle bodily disruption is pretty piss-poor.
>>
>>55144710
Pain editor says hi. Why not skip the middle man and punch the fag into overflow instead with physical damage
>>
>>55144757
>>55144710
>>55144675
>>55144493
>>55144468
>>55144462
>>55144423
>>55144382
>>55144260
Don't forget the other big problem with Physical: damage splitting.

If you're hitting somewhere close to someone's Armor rating, you might alternate between Physical and Stun every other hit depend on how many hits you get on your attack roll.

Physical has the unique disadvantage of sometimes requiring extra shots to take someone out simply because sometimes it'll be Stun instead.
>>
>>55144817
>>55144757

Its actually a very sane design choice and abolishing it would be CGL-tier
>>
>>55144821
Considering you usually don't kill somebody without going into overlfow anyways, the times where this actually requires you to spend an additional attack Action are forgettable rare in practice.
>>
>>55144921
Either you missed his point or worded yours very poorly.
>>
I can only think of dumb names.
Is Vio-Lance a good dumb name?
>>
>>55145056
Drop the hyphen and it's OK
>>
>>55145056
As yourself, "Is this the kind of nickname that people would actually call someone? Like, ever?"

If the answer is no, then it's a bad nickname.
>>
File: Lotton_the_Wizard.jpg (53KB, 699x971px) Image search: [Google]
Lotton_the_Wizard.jpg
53KB, 699x971px
>>55145124
They would call -themselves- that.
>>
>>55145124
People can still call him something else anon. It's not like this is unheard of.
>>
>>55145172
>>55145173
Then sure. Just remember that everyone else is going to call him Violet instead.
>>
>>55145188
This is acceptable.
>>
>>55145198
It better be, because he doesn't have a say in the matter.
>>
>>55145206
He's totally going to whine about it.
>>
>>55145219
Noted and disregarded.
>>
>>55145188
or Lance
>>
>>55145306
Let's be real here. It's going to be Violet.
>>
Are there any qualities which represent partial Horizon brainwashing?
Like the "can't swear" and "don't use drugs" effects?
>>
>>55145458
Brand Loyalty.
>>
>>55145458
Incomplete deprogramming?
>>
>>55127074
No, but there are sex plagues chemically enhanced super-soldiers, murderous sexbots an Evil with a capital evil megacorp, oh yeah and a yawnign gateway into hell itself bisecting America.
It's got plenty of stuff more cool than just vampires in cars, even if the male lead is annoyingly useless at times.
>>
Is making a decker that only cares about smashing things digitlaly and causing as much harm to enemy as possible viable/possible? I want to eat programs and crap biofeedback.
>>
>>55145778
Yeah, you can do that. It'll slow your game down if you insist on hacking everything you can and your group will hate you though.
>>
>>55145829
They would deck as much as any other decker, just when they do their primary strategy is just to do as much damage as possible rather than be sneaky or steal stuff.
>>
>>55145778
It's possible, but there's two problems. One is that you have no guaranteed way to crap out biofeedback. (This is theoretically part of the point behind the Elf Assassin Technomancer build.)

Two is that the higher tier of enemy is likely to go offline after the first (or first few) bits of gear failure. This can be still good, as it tends to take off a few enemy dice which can really hurt the lower end of those guys.
>>
File: 1501968153659.jpg (70KB, 565x720px) Image search: [Google]
1501968153659.jpg
70KB, 565x720px
>>
Can anyone tell me where i can find the drone stats for the cyberhand drone in the rigger book? It has the stats for the cyber part but i dont see any stats for the Scuttler drone
>>
>>55147670
It don't have none, unless there is errata for it.
>>
>>55143697
Genre differences, essentially. Cyberpunk in a movie can present the sex in a way that shows that whoever wrote it wasn't just schlicking under the table to their words, generally because it serves the story. You have a harder time with that in tabletop games.
>>
>>55147788
What the hell should i do then?
>>
>>55147958
MINI DRONE HANDL SPEED ACCEL BODY ARMOR PILOT SEN AVAIL COST
Renraku Scuttler 4 1G 1 1(0) 0 2 2 8 8000
>>
>>55145056
seriously, chummer, name generators. I'm terrible with names too.

fantasynamegenerators.com is my personal favourite. huge selection of naming themes.
>>
Let's say I'm making a burnout mage. In 4e and in 5e, how much would it cost me in chargen, with either karma or (in 5e) priority, to have MAG 3, if I have 4 ESS left? What if I had 3 ESS left?

I can't really find a clear answer on the books, and the way it works on chummer4, chummer5 karmagen and chummer5 proritygen is different from eachother.
>>
File: 1396217866871.jpg (350KB, 800x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1396217866871.jpg
350KB, 800x1100px
I'm having a horrible time finding art suitable for a technomancer, please help.
>>
>>55148856
You need to pay for the amount of MAG you would have had without essence loss.

So in 4e, you'd need to pay for MAG 5, to have MAG 3 with 4 Essence.
Or for MAG 6, for MAG 3 with 3 Essence.
>>
>>55148856
In 5e, it depends on where you started and your build method. a burnout adept starting at Priority D would cost differently to a point buy build.
>>
>>55149131
Thanks, that's what chummer4 is giving out to me.

>>55149153
Testing around in chummer5 gives me this situations and after updating both karmagen and prioritygen are more constant, I dunno if this is the way you imply the rules work in prioritygen:
With D Magic and either 4/3 ESS left, it costs me 3 Special attribute points or 45 karma to get to 3 MAG with an Adept (Karmagen works the same as this).
With C Magic and 3 ESS left, it costs me 2 Special attribute points to get an adept to 3 MAG or 25 karma. C Magic and 4 ESS left, costs 1 Special attribute or 10 karma.
With B Magic, I get the ESS left in MAG for an adept.

Sounds about right then?
>>
>>55149378
Yup, looks about right. The old nightly builds had some issues. SR5 changed how the cost for Essence works to be based on the increase of your CURRENT value, rather than the total before Essence loss. It took me a while to get that reimplemented properly.
>>
File: Elf Punk Slot 4.gif (317KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Punk Slot 4.gif
317KB, 540x540px
>>55147917
I find it's the opposite. While movies can present sex in a way that serves the story, most often it's HBO-tier 'tits in a corner' to keep the horny 14-year-olds interested. Meanwhile, anyone who is going to include overt sex in a tabletop game is either A) a pervert who will get tossed out because nobody wants to spend their Sunday nights with a greasy loser who is obviously jacking off in his trenchcoat, or B) someone who has put a lot of thought into it before including that in a game he plays with his friends.
>>
File: Eat buns.gif (651KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Eat buns.gif
651KB, 500x500px
>>55150379
I think the whole subject matter turns people off to it even if it's brought up with good intentions. At least by me in the US of A nudity and sexual themes are more often than not badwrongfun; considered distracting at best.
>>
File: 20f03034519373.56d43f67d6150.gif (357KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
20f03034519373.56d43f67d6150.gif
357KB, 720x720px
>>55150379
The thing is that without already knowing the reactions you can expect from everyone at the table, you fall into that valley of not knowing whether you're going to be A or B. Hell, you have the same problem running games on F-List and such. You want to run a game where sex is a thing that people do sometimes and it winds up with stealing a prototype life-size dildo from Bad Dragon that was modelled on Lofwyr only to lose your cut of the paycheque because the Living Hole insisted on smuggling it out inside his 'special compartment' and it got stuck.
>>
>>55132805
I'm planning to do San Fancisco, I plan to run it as less tightly controlled and somewhat more relaxed place than Seattle with a much more lase faire approach to policing, but underneath are simmering ethnic and political tensions ready to explode.
>>
>>55150379
>or B) someone who has put a lot of thought into it before including that in a game he plays with his friends.
It's always going to come across as A, and never B.

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.
>>
>>55153069
I've played with many adults who are competent roleplayers have successfully pulled off B, and only once seen an A who has since been ostracized by basically the entire RPG community in the city.

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.
>>
>>55153003
>less tightly controlled and somewhat more relaxed place than Seattle
Chummer, I have bad news about Shadowrun's San Francisco.
>>
Question: Is there any limit on Eyeware that's implanted directly and not into Cybereyes in 5e?
The GM said there is, and i don't really doubt it, but i can't find anything collaborating that. A page and quote would be immensely helpful here.
>>
>>55153377
Any eyeware with an Essence cost can be implanted directly into the meat eyes, within your Essence limit. Any that only has a capacity cost needs Cybereyes as "go-between".
>>
>>55153410
I mean, i'd say so too but both he and another player said they read it somewhere...
>>
>>55153450
They could be mixing the essence cost of direct meat implants with the capacity of cybereyes, or a rule of an earlier edition.
>>
>>55153377
The only limit is your Essence.
>>
>>55153266
How so? Saito got the boot and the impression I've got is that the California Free State is less controlling, mostly because it just lacks the power to keep things under control. Radical political groups, smugglers and corps basically go unchecked.
>>
>>55153765
A lot of that got beat out of the city under Saito's rule. CalFree is back at the wheel, but San Francisco has absolutely not bounced back in that way. The corps are unchecked, sure, but that means they've set up huge swathes of tightly-controlled enclaves (think Silicon Valley on steroids) and a lot of the Bay Area's free spirits and radical elements have been much slower to return.
>>
Is there a Quality for people being biased against you or discriminating against you?

Like if your history as a Bunraku doll is common knowledge and people treat you like a whore, or you're a jew in the Arabian Caliphate whose presence is barely tolerated, or an ork in Japan in the years immediately following their return from Yomi.

I have some concepts that would work well with that, but neither Distinctive Appearance nor Big Regret really give me what I want.
>>
>>55154105

Bad Rep? It kinda works if your GM uses the Street Cred and Notoriety systems as intended.
>>
>>55154271
Isn't that more 'everyone hates me because I'm a toxic who killed my entire last crew?' Especially since Notoriety is described as:
>If they are diffcult to work with, stubborn, unskilled, fatally flawed, or prone to failure, word is going to get around about them. Notoriety can also reflect callousness, untrustworthiness, and any evil aspects to a character’s personality that might spur others to steer clear of her.

>• Refusing to fnish a run
>• Insulting or otherwise pissing off a Mr. Johnson
>• Incredibly obnoxious or callous behavior
>• Betraying team members
>• Killing innocents
>• Earning a powerful enemy
>• Knowingly working for a dragon
>• Exceptional bad luck that leads to disaster

>Characters cannot earn a Notoriety point for something for which they have already received a point. Notoriety points exist as a consequence for unrealistic amoral behavior, including frivolous killing streaks by player characters.

So I'm not sure what you mean by 'as intended.'
>>
>>55154477
Certain qualities can give out Notoriety for some to no (in-universe) good reason.

Like being unlucky.
>>
>>55154511
>• Exceptional bad luck that leads to disaster
>>
File: tumblr_oexix9GEKU1rntn47o1_1280.png (346KB, 834x1300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oexix9GEKU1rntn47o1_1280.png
346KB, 834x1300px
So, I know that 99% of people who take Prototype Transhuman are subhuman, minmaxing garbage.

I think I've got a fun idea, though. What about a troll whose Prototype Transhuman augmentations were an attempt to 'cure' them of their various social problems? So, being born with Clean Metabolism (for the smells, .1 Essence) Troll Reduction 2 (so they look more like a tremendous human than a monstrous ogre, .5 Essence), that kind of thing.

What do you guys think of that idea? If you like it, what do you think would make sense to put in the remaining .4 Essence? I want to only get things that would make trolls better blend into human society, especially cosmetically, nothing that helps with combat or anything like that.
>>
>>55154657
On the subject of protoype transhuman, my GM insits on assinging allergies and refuses to tell what kind of allergie it is, until the player discovers it for himself. The last two got dust and soy allergies. So Dusty player hat to pretty much always wear a mask with protective eye gear and Soyguy went hungry or paied ungodly amounts of nuyen for food in bumfuck nowhere. Dusty was me.I took over that char cause my streetsam bit the gras during his extraction.
>>
>>55154657
Does Geneware count under Bioware?
>>
>>55154828
Nope.
>>
>>55154823
>Allergy (Common, Mild)
Well, -2 sucks, but as long as you're careful with what you're eating and/or wear a respirator, it's not like you have to deal with it most of the time.
>>
>>55155021
I discovered my dust allergy while sneaking through a ventilation shaft.
>"You feel a tingling sensation in your nose. Roll body+willpower to resist a sneeze."
Also wearing a respirator all the time meant awkward social interaction and the damn thing got broken sometimes. but overall it was manageable. Felt pretty fair for being an adept stuffed full of wetware.
>>
>>55155109
>adept
>>
>>55154657
Throw in some tailored pheromones and become the unbelievable troll face. :^)
>>
>>55154657
>What do you guys think of that idea? If you like it, what do you think would make sense to put in the remaining .4 Essence?
You could fit Tailored Pheromones 2 into that gap. The better choice, though, is Biocompatibility (Bioware) and Troll Reduction 2+Tailored Pheromones 3. Troll Reduction already includes an overhaul of your stink glands, so Clean Metabolism is superfluous unless you want your farts to not stink either. Troll Reduction 2+Tailored Pheromones 3 are .99 Essence with Biocompatibility, which rounds up to a perfect fit.

Then, if he's so inclined, he can get (as real 'ware) a Clean Metabolism and Metatype Reduction to represent further embracing it - or he could pick up Horns and a Cosmetic ear-pointing to re-embrace his trollhood.

Either way, he gets born looking like a troll-sized human with pheromonal social bonuses.
>>
>>55155194
>>55155186
>>55154657
>>55155109
If you assume that your character is 18 2079, and assuming that the process from the start of the in-vitro fertilization to the birth of your character took ~1 year, that means they first started putting your character together in the lab in 2060. Who knows how long they were actually researching that shit - it wouldn't be unreasonable that the research started in 2050 or earlier, that it's taken five editions for your character to be researched, prototyped, and then raised to adulthood.

Realistically, that should severely limit your range of available bioware. Yet another reason that I don't like Prototype Transhuman.
>>
>>55155578
Where du you think all the research for current biowar took place? They took a couple of embryos, knocked some genes around and observed what happened. If 99% die horribly malformed that's just the cost of doing business. It's not like dead fetuses will sue you.
>>
>>55155626
>>55155578
Also you could have a research lab in another plane of existence, using it like the time chamber in dbz.
>>
>>55154105
Favored and The Goat from Cutting Aces
>>
>>55155578
>>55155626
Most bioware is cloned, genetically-altered organs from Type-O embryos. It's pretty reasonable to assume that some of the bleeding-edge research from the 2050s (modern street-level bioware) might have therefore gone into some prototype transhumans.

Cultured, on the other hand, is a lot harder to justify, since that's not just a modified, transplanted organ - it's cultured from the specific donor's own tissue, and is much newer of a concept in Shadowrun than the other stuff.

So, Platelet Factories and Tailored Pheromones? Easy to justify. Your embryo was produced during the same tech generation that originally produced those implants, after all.

A Pain Editor or Cerebral Booster? Much, much less likely, simply because of how much further along the tech curve they were developed.

>>55155658
>Also you could have a research lab in another plane of existence, using it like the time chamber in dbz.
That's the dumbest fucking suggestion I've seen all thread - and this was a particularly stupid thread.
>>
>>55155670
The Goat is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you.
>>
>>55155578
It's also not unreasonable to assume the prototype transhuman in question was matured faster than the average person.
>>
>>55155736
>It's also not unreasonable to assume the prototype transhuman in question was matured faster than the average person.
It is if they're something other than a brainless WIMP.
>>
>>55155736
This. If you can vatgrow an arm, a kidney or brain tissue it should be possible, if much more expensive and difficult to vatgrow a whole body.
>>55155780
Memory grafts or memory alteration are possible. When in doubt, MAGIC!
>>
>>55155806
>This. If you can vatgrow an arm, a kidney or brain tissue it should be possible, if much more expensive and difficult to vatgrow a whole body.
>Memory grafts or memory alteration are possible. When in doubt, MAGIC!
Okay, you clearly don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Accelerated-growth cloning has been a thing in Shadowrun for many editions, and every single corp out there has yet to manage to produce a speed-grown clone that isn't a brain-dead husk - good for harvesting organs and nothing else. Even if it's hypothetically possible to speed-grow a functional adult, nobody's figured out how to actually make it happen yet.

That's what a WIMP clone is - a clone that, due to being grown at an accelerated pace, doesn't have a functional brain.

You can't just shout 'magic' and ignore the hard limitations that have been established in the fluff.
>>
>>55155845
Let me guess, you run a very black trenchcoat game? Why would you let minor details stand between you and good, clean fun?
>>
>>55155806
>Memory grafts or memory alteration are possible.
>They’re non-entities, despite the urban legends that you hear, and no, no one can “upload their brain” into one to gain effective immortality.
No, they're not.
>>
>>55155905
>Let me guess, you run a very black trenchcoat game?
Extremely pink trenchcoat. Your idea is just stupid, is all. Not everyone who thinks your ideas are terrible is a nofun asshole who 'just doesn't get' what you're talking about.
>>
>>55155926
You are free to dislike my idea, i just don't get people being so hung a on the lore for a minor detail in chargen. For all you know, the concious prototype transhuman could be a fluke and the corp wants him back badly. It's what like about pen and paper rpgs, you get to make stuff up.
>>
File: 1462237933268.png (538KB, 650x767px) Image search: [Google]
1462237933268.png
538KB, 650x767px
So who's dick do I suck for shadowrun game?
Man I want to play again so bad
>>
>>55156067
This guy's:
>>55136703
>>
File: tumblr_nxj4fwwuR21sowec6o1_540.png (277KB, 540x765px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxj4fwwuR21sowec6o1_540.png
277KB, 540x765px
>>55156140
k
>>55136703
Oi, you fuck
GM a game so I can suck your dick
>>
One post and then some until this thread dies
Next Thread Topic?
>>
>>55156539
Bleeding Edge Edition.
Biotech Edition.
Antique Ware Edition.
>>
>>55156539
Did you ever deal with a Dragon? If so, how did the lizard fuck you over?
>>
>>55136654
you got any tips for new gms starting with 5e?

ive only had a bit of experience dming dnd 5e and from what ive seen they're completely different systems
>>
>>55156539
Family Matters and Blood Ties
>>
>>55156593
You've seen correctly.
>>
>>55156593
Well there are a GM advices in the pastebin(check the thread starter)
But do you feel ready to GM?
Can you spend 4-5 hours per week to prepare for sessions? Some times maybe more. Do you feel like learning entirely new system and setting? It will take lots of days. Are you ready to run games filled with heists, twists, betrayals , sex and novacoke? The experience is worth it .
>>
File: DnD vs SR.png (1023KB, 1343x607px) Image search: [Google]
DnD vs SR.png
1023KB, 1343x607px
>>55156593
Read the GM Advice in the OP Pastebin
All Books are in the Mediafire
See Pic Related
Get yourself Chummer5

Shoot Straight
Conserve Ammo
Don't support CGL
And never, ever deal with a dragon.
>>
>>55156802
>Watch Your Back
Why does everyone forgets the most important rule?
>>
>>55156743
i did read the gm advice on the pastebin and got useful info out of it, im mostly wondering how to house rule past retarded shit like movement.

and yeah i dont mind the prep time, i love the setting so far (got into it through the hbs games but they play completely different)

im also wondering about shit to keep my players away from, since they're all completely new to the system(again only experience in dnd 5e)
>>
>>55156914
Well here is the thing, homebrewing requires system mastery
The Martial Arts Annon posted some rules changes that fix the most glaring issues or at least attempt to
For new players have them keep in mind the 12/9/6 rule. Won't say to not let them play technos, deckers or mystic adepts because you have to learn the rules but do so in mock up sessions. Have few sessions in where you do just one thing of combination of things to see how stuff work in actual play.
Like swimming and running might look good choice for skills to take but you quickly understand how useless they are.
Hmmm what else. Oh use the community packs in chummer5. Not the best thing but are good exampls of general runner gear.
>>
i like how elves are whores in shadowrun i mean it's nice to see a meme translated to reality in the world that you roleplay
also raping elfs is fun
>>
>>55156914
>got into it through the hbs games but they play completely different
keep in mind that the HBS games use the 1-3e rules as basis

>im also wondering about shit to keep my players away from, since they're all completely new to the system(again only experience in dnd 5e)
First of all: Get yourself a FakeSIN
Second: Everyone should have at least 4 dice in the following skills: Perception, Etiquette, Sneaking, Computer, A melee skill, A ranged skill
Third: Everyone, especially mages, should have a weapon. If you are not a main combatant you should put some points into automatics, get a FA capable weapon and lay down Suppressive Fire. Not only does it give you something to do in combat, but it also make you stand out less if you are a magician (Geek The Mage First)
Fourth: There are four CharGen methods: Karma, Priority, Sum-To-X and Life modules
>Karma is like normal game progression. You get a certain amount of starting Karma and distribute it towards Attributes, skills, etc. Generally favours generalists due to the geometric cost progression. If you want it to be balanced with the other chargen methods let them start at (IIRC) 1300 Karma.
>Priority gives you five categories (Metatype, Attributes, Skills, Magic and Dosh), you put the letters ABCDE in one each and these determine how much points you can spend in each category/what you have available. Favors Specialists but like Karma it punishes Metahumans (Trolls more than Elves)
>Sum-To-X is like Priority but with the change that each letter has a number: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1 and E=0. You then take a combination of these so that the total is equal to the X (usually 10, but you can use smaller/larger numbers for low/high powered campaigns). Like Priority it favors Specialists due to linear costs and doesn't punish Metahumans as much
>Life modules are modules that represent your path in life. Not really supported. Characters tend to be less powerful but more rounded.
Also >>55157045
>>
>>55157045
>>55157176
thanks a lot for the help chummers, any idea where i could find the martial arts anon rules?
>>
>>55157253
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BS29RpXycPDac6e-1MuDz5HXknSPTerL7392u1lm_SY/edit
here you go
>>
>>55157319
Could somebody put the link in the pastebin?
>>
>>55155658
Not really; metaplanes are uncertain, poorly understood and dangerous at the best of times, and hard to reach to boot. Not to mention that physics can be different, either slightly or totally. Not a good place to set up a lab.
>>
What's the least dystopian place to live in the sixth world?
>>
>>55157522
Neu-Essen
>>
>>55157326
It is.
>>
>>55157522
Toronto's pretty nice.
>>
>>55157588
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BS29RpXycPDac6e-1MuDz5HXknSPTerL7392u1lm_SY/edit
haven't seen it in the pastebin or the mediafire
>>
>>55157619
It's in now.
>>
NEW THREAD:
>>55158068
>>55158068

>captcha: stop sports
>>
whatever happened to that exosuit guy that wanted to write up some full body suits for people to use
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.