[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 35

File: 1481087247336.png (85KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1481087247336.png
85KB, 768x1024px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to EvoNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>
>Gene_Tech__Changing_The_Inner_Blueprints.trid
>WIMPs__A_History_Of_Living_Dead.zdf
>Street_Samurai_Catalog.zdf
>Prototype_Transhumans__Is_Long_Time_Augmentation_The_Secret_For_Essence_Free_Ware?.thread

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 10 (100% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Your DocWagon contract will terminate within the next week. Do you wish to renew it?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Icarus.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Biotech Edition
What's your favorite?
>>
Whoops
OLD THREAD: >>55126026
>>
>>55158068
Probably tailored pheromones, simply because it's a bonus that's pretty unique to bioware, can't really get that kind of effect with cyberware. Also, I one day hope to make spidersilk glands relevant.
>>
>>55158068
Paineditor for "what i would like to get"
>>
bump?
>>
whatever happened to that exosuit guy that wanted to write up some full body suits for people to use
>>
>>55158392
>spidersilk glands
Where would those be located?
>>
I love bioware for the Quality of Life improvements. Sleep Regulator, Sanitized Metabolism, Tailored Pheromones - anything that just sort of instantly makes your entire life better by having it.

After that, it's the two pieces of ware that every Archetype wants - a Pain Editor and Platelet Factories.
>>
>>55160394
>Glands are often
>implanted in people’s wrists; those ones hold two dos-
>es, with each dose being about twenty meters long.
>Glands implanted in the abdomen or lower back can
>hold five doses.

CF p114
>>
>>55160468
What about in the cyberdick?
>>
>>55160468
>can't shoot spidersilk from penis
Why even bother.
>>
>>55160501
Cyberdicks take up Capacity, they don't have Capacity to fill.
>>
>>55160597
>inb4 cyberdick laser
that one wasn't based on capacity, it was based on the Second Functionality rules from 4e Spy Games
>>
>>55160523
>>55160501

Spidersilk in the anus, venom in the dick.
>>
>be Street Sam
>given run to steal prototype from a megacorp
>immediately jump on my Harley and drive over there alone
>kick in the front doors to the corp building and start shooting
>kill three or four people but security is on the way
>run through the building trying to locate the objective
>ice a few more guards but the stun damage is racking up through my armour
>eventually keel over unconcious
>whine to the GM that SR combat is too hard.

Street Sams know not to do this shit. So why do deckers keep doing the Matrix equivalent of this and then whining that the Matrix is too hard? Checkmate, overentitled players.
>>
>>55161681
Okay, now replace each of those guards with HTR
And now make it that each time you fail to hit them you take damage
>>
My friend wants to do a game in GLORIOUS NIPPON.

Is there a Japan sourcebook floating around? I sorta know the lore around there, but a sourcebook would be nice, even a not 5e one.
>>
>>55162127
Seems like the only real sources are Shadows of Asia (3e) and Sixth World Almanac (4e)
http://danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/Docs/6WN_Japan_Derie.pdf is the original stuff for the SWA, directly from OG AncientHistory himself
>>
>>55161804
Congrats on spectacularly missing the point, whilst proving mine a bit more.
>>
How big is too big for a female Shadowrunner? Do hefty tits get in the way?
>>
>>55162272
not this shit again
>>
>>55162272
Can you hide a SMG in your cleavage? Too big.

Just use Breast Implants 2.0 so you can be as big as you need to be.
>>
>>55162272
Relax omae. A vagina can stretch over a baby - your little winky's not gonna hurt it. And no, even the saggiest of tits don't drop that far.
>>
>>55162211
Arigathanksverymuch, friend
>>
>>55162127
Make sure to have racism and bunraku dolls. You can't have Japan without them.
>>
>>55155109
>Also wearing a respirator all the time meant awkward social interaction
Get a fancier respirator.
>>
>>55162539
You also can't have it without:
>snappily-dressed Yakuza wearing mirrorshades
>go-gangs on Yamahas
>a fight in a bath house
>noodle-selling rotodrones going window to windom in high-rise apartments
>catgirls who slap you across the face because they like you but can't admit it
>>
>>55162211
>>55162471
Don't forget Corporate Enclaves (4E) for NeoTokyo.
>>
File: America-san.png (139KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
America-san.png
139KB, 212x278px
>>55162712
You forgot the most important thing.
>>
>>55162712
>noodle-selling rotodrones going window to windom in high-rise apartments

Damn now I wanna do a run in neotokyo. Also:

>Advertisements for corporate-sponsored stables of jpop-starlets
>Extreme crowding
>Shinto/buddhist mages galore
>>
>>55160523
That would count as being in the abdomen.
>>
So I played the games, read the story time, and foolishly decided to make a character sheet with 4e chummer. It turned out kind of decent to my noobie eyes but can someone explain to me how Adept way discount works?
>>
>>55163231
you chose one of the ways and get a list of allowed powers. For each 2 points of MAG you have you may discount one of these Powers by 25%. You also get additional bonuses.
>Example:
You have an Adept with MAG 5 who chooses the Invisible Way. The adept can now discount two powers of the ones given. In this case let's take Freefall and Traceless Walk.
Freefall: 0.25 PP/level -> 0.1875 PP/level
Traceless Walk: 1 PP/level -> 0.75 PP/Level
Should they initiate and get the Masking or Flexible Signature metamagics then they work as if their Initiation Grade was one higher than it actually is.
If you have MAG 1 you get no discount
If you have MAG 2/3 you get one power discounted
If you have MAG 4/5 you get two powers discounted
etc.
Increase your Magic to the next even number and you get a further discounted Power, potentially giving you free PP
Decrease your Magic to the previous odd number and you lose a discounted Power, possibly forcing you to give up a power
>>
>>55163518
Ah, I see. Thanks! I'm going to touch up on it so I'm not wasting my discounts.
>>
>>55162712
Japan is not an armed society and that seems to have continued into the sixth world from what I've seen, so pretty much all firearms should be treated as F even if they would normally be R. I would personally consider making anything bigger than machine pistols have a higher than normal availability, but that's going to depend on your campaign power level and personal preferences, but I would be tempted to do it just to break the assault rifle dominance.
>>
>>55163935
Yeah, Assault rifles should be damned hard to get ahold of in Japan. I'd honestly recommend raising the availability of anything other than the AK-97 above 12.
>>
>>55162272
No longer an issue with Retractable Cybertits.
>>
File: Zeno.pdf (73KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Zeno.pdf
73KB, 1x1px
Advice on my shitty character?
>>
>>55164314
I'd say balance out your body and will. I don't really consider myself an expert on deckers but that side of it looks fine, skills are hitting the 12 dice mark, you might be better off being more focused but you can do a reasonable range of things well enough that you should be okay.
>>
>>55164614
Will do, thanks omae
>>
So, I need to ask this to set my doubts aside once and for all. Do you need pilot ground craft as a skill to actually drive casually? Like, I understand you're useless for driving tests, but do you really need it as a non-rigger?
>>
File: Mr_shakedown.jpg (130KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Mr_shakedown.jpg
130KB, 1200x675px
How far can I get in shadowrun with this being the reason behind why I run?
>>
>>55165293
Having 4 total dice in it is enough to buy exactly 1 hit in all normal driving scenarios. Someone with as little as Reaction 1, Pilot Groundcraft 1, and Specialty (Cars) has everything they need to reliably make their daily commute.
>>
>>55164314
This is all assuming you are using priority and not karma.
Implanting a commlink is useless if you have a deck since they do the same things, and even so unless you have a Rating 6 commlink, it's not worth it.
Implanting a deck is silly because if it bricks hard you need neurosurgery to repair it.
I would pick a middle lifestyle when you have such valuable gear laying around.
If you are planning on using Go Big or Go Home, I would put hacking at 6.
Snipers while not bad, shouldn't be a primary weapon. If you need to walk packing heat without warning everyone in the room it's gonna be hard without an SMG/Pistol.
You have shit Perception and no Con for when the guard asks you what is the duffel bag.
If you are gonna buy a Gridlink for your ride, you need a Gridlink Override or you risk the GM ruling that any cop that says your bike to stop, it stops.

>Optionals
Get a second, lower rating SIN either for backup or for lifestyle purposes. Otherwise if your only SIN gets burned you are 100% fucked.
I don't remember how program carrier worked, but Baby Monitor running 24/7 is almost useless.
Picking up the entire Biotech skill group is pointless, just pick up first aid.
Running/Sneaking might save your life.
>>
>>55165332
Okay, yeah, makes sense. I actually went to the 5th edition rulebook to look at the threshold table after asking that question and saw that merging lanes needed a test in the example column.
I was asking after looking over a lot of my PC's sheets and seeing little random 1 point in some skills, but the groundcraft one specifically is one I've wondered about for a while.
>>
>>55165321
Depends on what metatype you play. Pretty far as a troll.
>>
>>55165429
It's gonna be tough beating mount dragon, though.
>>
>>55165407
>Implanting a deck is silly because if it bricks hard you need neurosurgery to repair it.
I looked this up beforehand a CGL dev out there somewhere who confirmed that surgery is not necessary to repair implanted devices, but I'll talk to my GM about it. Otherwise, thanks for the advice, I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>55165420
With basic skills like Computer, Navigation, or Pilot, assume they're buying hits 99% of the time. If they have at least 4 dice from whatever sources, they're good to do any normal, everyday task without even making a roll. If they don't have at least 4 dice, they're so incompetent that they risk failure every time - like the person who merges right into the other side of a car, or the person who comes to a complete stop at the end of a highway ramp because they can't figure out how to safely merge with traffic.

Remember, 1 skill point and a specialty is enough to be competent for everyday skills, even if you have Attribute 1.

That doesn't make you competent for shadowrunning-related tasks, mind you, but it's enough to drive to work, navigate to a Chinese restaurant, and set up a new email account.
>>
>>55158068
Aww I remember making that. I should've made the bulge bigger. There's a bioware version of the cybercock right?
>>
I want to play a youtube celebrity type shadowrunner, who is a peppy japaneese girl with neon colored cyber cat ears & tail. She is trying to find her father, a cyberware developer who was extracted years ago. She has turned to shadowrunning & uploading trideos of her runs for people to see. I want her to be forcused on infiltration & bypassing security (locks & guards) not focused on lethal damage, mostly tasers, stun batons & maybe a cyber shockhand. What skills, ware, & gear should i absolutely have & what do i need? How useful is online fame? Any other qualities i should pick up? Any help is appreciated
>>
File: 1486243740055.jpg (672KB, 2000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1486243740055.jpg
672KB, 2000x1250px
>>55165512
That's just a penis, anon.

a penis bulked out with hormones,
but still a penis
>>
>>55165487
There is also the fact that even as a decker, you don't wanna carry your deck always with you, when you might get jobs that are close to MAD scanners, and while some ware might be accepted, decks are always an alarm raise.
>>
>>55165407
>Implanting a deck is silly because if it bricks hard you need neurosurgery to repair it.
If it bricks hard, you should require the PC to burn edge to survive, because their brain just nearly exploded.
>>
>>55165512
Reproductive Replacement including augmenting, rather than outright replacing, your junk.
>>
>>55165563
you don't have to have it in your head, anon.

With enough cyberdicks you can implant it anywhere
>>
>>55165646
>headware
>>
>>55165656
You can implant Capacity-filling Headware into a cyberlimb.
>>
>>55165671
This is one of those times you should be enforcing the intention of the rule.
>>
>>55165705
You think that having your smartphone/tablet installed in your arm is unbelievable?
>>
>>55165757
>implying a cyberdeck is just that
It's an interface connected directly with your mind. That's its whole gimmick.
>>
>>55165757
Personally, I find it more believable to have a deck installed into an implanted socket or flesh pouch with a bus or port as opposed to directly wired in.

That way you can actually fucking upgrade without requiring neurosurgery.
>>
File: Zeno.pdf (73KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Zeno.pdf
73KB, 1x1px
Okay made some changes, what do you guys think?
>>
>>55165543
Electronic Witness and Day Job are qualities that work nicely with Online Fame. Just get a simrig and good CHA and social skills (Perform if you are feeling kinky) and go Face/Infiltrator. Good LOG and AGI and abuse the hell out of the tools the game offers. One favorite of mine, is meta links with data taps, just plug one in to whatever and now your Hacker has a direct-ish line.
Just make sure to run the concept by your GM first, the whole concept of your character might earn a few bad looks.
>>
>>55165771
No, it's definitely just a tablet. You mostly use them in AR in the first place. Implanting it just lets you skip the datajack and keeps it concealed.

I don't think you understood the 'gimmick' in implanting it.
>>
>>55165953
>You mostly use them in AR in the first place
Spoken like somebody who's never truly decked.
>>
>>55160430
>Sleep Regulator, Sanitized Metabolism, Tailored Pheromones
Found my next Prototype Transhuman - someone engineered to be the perfect wageslave.
>>
File: 1bhlxp9ek3og.jpg (41KB, 531x683px) Image search: [Google]
1bhlxp9ek3og.jpg
41KB, 531x683px
How would you run a game where half the team are adepts?
>>
>>55166210
start stealing forbidden martial arts scrolls.
>>
>>55166210
Don't forget background counts are a thing.
>>
>>55166166
Don't forget Orthoskin with that environmental adaptation mod I can't remember the name of
>The Wageslave can function from 40 to 130 degrees. It saves us a fortune on climate control in the Arcology.
>>
>>55166210
47 Ronin-esque jobs where the team just tears through everything they come across.
>>
>>55166275
Sorry, I meant are faced with a heavily guarded compound with the payday inside. Lots of karate ninja shit goes down to get it.
>>
>>55166234
>>55166259
>>55166275
>>55166299
Thanks. It's (so far) a melee adept, a tactically minded gun adept, and possibly an archery adept but that guys doesn't know what to do yet. I've been considering how I'm gonna balance the game with no mage and possibly no hacker depending on the last two people who haven't made up their minds any one way they wanna go. AI, possibly, with one guy, but dunno yet.
>>
>>55165780
Toaster style is the best conceptualisation of deck headware yet. Everything else devolves into stupidity over the issue of upgrading vs intent vs rules vs fuck deckers vs fuck you.
>>
How does one find a group to play this with?

Please don't say be the GM, I am bad enough at roleplaying one character, let alone all the npcs
>>
>>55166584
Go out to your local nerd shop and ask the browsing neckbeards if they play Shadowrun. Or just ask random people online.
>>
>>55166584
Bad news for you anon
If you can't bully a friend into GMing, you have to do it yourself.
>>
File: Master of Stealth.gif (1MB, 360x199px) Image search: [Google]
Master of Stealth.gif
1MB, 360x199px
I need help /srg/. I'm trying to make a sneaky beaky Elf Mage / Infiltrator in 4e. The goal is to have someone that can slip past most mundane or magical security, get the loot and intel and then ghost back out.
The problem is I'm rusty as fuck with 4e and Shadowrun in general, and even when I was big into the game my group was a bunch of retards that didn't optimize so my minmaxing skills are a little subpar anyway.

Is this a viable concept or should I scrap it?
>>
>When you spend 25k on a commlink
I would spend more if i could
>>
>>55165771
All cyberware is connected to your brain through a DNI, where it is in your body is irrelevant.
>>
>>55167078
Nah, that can work.
You might stretch yourself a little thin with Mage/Infiltator.

I'd suggest Adept Infiltrator instead, but what you're going for is doable.

Shapechange can be hilarious for sneaking into buildings as a small animal.
Just play someone with a small body.
>>
>>55167078
Improved invisibility, critterform (be careful going through ventilation), Influence, Control Thoughts and maybe go with and elf. Invest in a maglock passkey and an autopicker.
>>
>>55167853
>>55168037
Seems simple enough. I'm guessing I'll still want to use Spirits as much as possible?
>>
File: 54d.jpg (17KB, 600x341px) Image search: [Google]
54d.jpg
17KB, 600x341px
Gimme the nastiest security spider you can build in 5e.
>>
>>55168105
Perhaps, but I wouldn't buy the group. Just 3 or so points in Summoning, and a specialization.
That way you minimize expenditure, but also get access to a whole host of options.
>>
>>55165780
>not carrying your custom deck around in an old atari 800XL case
You are all savages.
>>
>>55161681
If the Sammy could instantly teleport out of the building to (relative) safety with a single action, lots more Sammies would do just that.
>>
>>55167853
>Shapechange can be hilarious for sneaking into buildings as a small animal.
Wouldn't that mean you'd be naked and without gear?
>>
>>55169922
Yeah. But that's just something you can plan around.
>>
>>55169955
Time to play identity theft!
>>
How would one go about riding a bicycle in shadowrun? How fast could one of those pesky couriers with pimped out cyberlegs possibly be?
>>
>>55169922
>Not catching the guards off guard by suddenly having an old, seemingly confused and naked old man in their security area.
Pink mowhawk is best.
>>
>>55162127
Corporate enclaves for Neotokyo and how to run there
>>
>>55166435
Sounds like a fun group.
But i want to point out that AI's make terrible decker, even worse then technos (but technos are better at doing technomancer stuff than hacking anyway)
I belive that the most beginner friendly version of "Matrix runner" is the non-hollywood hacker.
Basically a combination out of face and decker.

Also archery is RAW kinda bad, allowing to quickdraw arrows and a medicore alchemyst contact can fix that. Shooting force 6 fireball awrrows is pretty neat.
>>
>>55163935
Not sure about the 6th world, but i'm pretty sure that japan at least allows sport shooting. Carrying them assembled in public is still illegal as fuck.

But i think it would provide a fun challange for shadowrunners. Having shootouts with crossbows, maybe an slingshot adept who goes for called shots to the eyes or fingers.
Also getting creative with everyday objects like fire extinguishers and nailguns.
>>
>>55170268
6th world Japan is all "No guns for civilians!" cranked up to the max. Ownership is heavily restricted, and don't even think about carrying (open or concealed) if you're not a cop/corpsec/army member.

In theory, of course, in practice nuyen can solve most problems just like everywhere else.
>>
File: ddd72256a75a5653ffee5ba9bb057e5d.jpg (127KB, 1024x469px) Image search: [Google]
ddd72256a75a5653ffee5ba9bb057e5d.jpg
127KB, 1024x469px
>>55170268
>>55170354
I still like the idea with the nailgun shootouts.
Would give a souped up one like 5 damage and 3-4 AP with taser Range. Not utter shit, considering the fact that guns are a big no-no, but i'd guess that would still make melee viable enough.
>>
File: 45842927_p0.jpg (971KB, 1416x1600px) Image search: [Google]
45842927_p0.jpg
971KB, 1416x1600px
>>55165512
>>55165596

Male enhancement could also easily fall under the umbrella of Biosculpting.
>>
>>55166267
I think you're thinking of Smart Insulation. That was 4e-only - no getting that with Prototype Transhuman. The closest they have is Penguin Blubber, which gives you broad cold protection but does nothing for heat, and which makes you thicc/tubby-looking.

That's .3 Essence, but isn't that worth it to be able to be bum-fucking naked in even the most frigid of environments?
>>
how would you build a male elf that wants to be a girl and get ork dick
>>
>>55171482
So, a regular elf then?
>>
>>55171482
>SEX CHANGE

>A revolution from Universal Omnitech brought us the Zimmerman Method of Biosculpting, a huge advance in the feld. While previous approaches in this particular feld were based on speedy rebuilds, adding bio-material while stripping away the unnecessary, the Zimmerman Method is a slower, more holistic method that’s garnered rave reviews. The older method’s worst feature was that the patient felt “different” in a way that continued to bother them after the changes. This was due to the insertion of foreign material into the body, eroding the patient’s sense of self. The Zimmerman Method instead uses the subject’s biomatter, and only their biomatter, like clay, molding and reshaping them into the desired appearance. This results in a more satisfying experience fully without the “alien” feeling that haunted so many who came before. Finally, a patient can simply undo a mistake made by nature and be who they were always meant to be while feeling whole and pure.

>The entire process takes a month of vat-time and remains expensive, but demand has been high enough that the core process has been spread down to beta clinics, if not yet available in every corner body clinic. It should be noted that the patient’s genetic structure remains unchanged, and modern law requires the person’s biometrics to be linked to their SIN both before and after the procedure for comparison, so this isn’t a good way to lose pursuit unless you plan on burning that SIN afterward.

> Or you go to a country without those requirements. Hello, Sweden!
> Netcat

> Evo keeps their records private, so if you get the treatment done there, they won’t share with any lawenforcement agencies. Of course, they keep these records for themselves, so that brings a whole different level of trouble.
> Hard Exit

10k nuyen, Availability 4, 0 Essence cost.
>>
>>55171680
>It should be noted that the patient’s genetic structure remains unchanged
Does that mean women who become men only ever produce daughters, XX? And that men who become women have a 25% chance of producing non-viable YY conceptions? Or are you sterile when you get your sex changed?

That would mean that the most reliable way for an XY female to have a child would be with an XX man - which is also the only way for that XX man to end up with a son - if they're reproductively complete.
>>
>>55171515
stop this meme
>>
>>55171721
Yes, but we already knew CGL were being retarded and virtue-signalling by making it 0 essence.

Nothing stops trannies and faggots from just playing a female character.
>>
>>55170087
Why are AIs worse than technos at hacking? I kind of assumed logically that only having mental traits to pound into would make them pretty good at decking.
>>
>>55172131
See. Deckers take damage to their deck when they fuck up. Technos take it to their brain. AI take it to everything. Decking is more lethal to AIs since they can't even summon sprites. AI street sams are doable though.
>>
>>55172131
Because they're super fucking fragile to Cybercombat, and they accrue Overwatch at a higher rate than everyone else, meaning they're fucked for both loud and quiet decking.

A troll is a better decker than an AI.
>>
>>55172236
Palying a troll decker/face is one of my dreams, but no one will let me.
>>
>>55172277
playing a rapist troll is my dream but dm wont let
>>
>>55172294
Wouldn't that guy just be a serial killer?
>>
>>55172277
The problem with a troll decker is that by the time you've allocated your A and B to resources and being a troll, you have very few points left for attributes and skills.

Being a Face, though, is relatively low-investment, and therefore works great for being an expensive-as-fuck troll, and you can always fall back on being a fucking troll when shooting starts. Tailored Pheromones and a good suit let you get away with not having amazing baseline Charisma, and being practically able to soak a shot from a holdout pistol unarmored is a huge asset.
>>
>>55172307
Not if he's compensating for a small prick.
>>
>>55172326
>the troll only has an eight inch prick
What a baby-dicked loser.
>>
>>55172307
Troll dick isnt big
its like these gym fags
they are huge, muscular but where it most matters they are small
>>
>>55172338
>>55172336
So the troll rapist demographic would be key audience for a web shooting cyberdick?
>>
>>55172372
wat
>>
>>55172150
>>55172236
Okay, so it does look like I'm gonna have to shy away from giving my group certain challenges here. I think I'm going to just end up running a John Woo film.
>>
>>55172611
Way back when, i used to have a second commlink with an agent and a bunch of programs. That was our hacker. Worked surprisingly well most of the time.
>>
>>55172660
well in 5E it won't get the paydata out of the host but it can open doors, start cars and do other things with a direct connection.
>>
>>55172611
>>55172131
>>55166435
Encourage your AI to go with Pilot Origins and trick out a Direktionssekretar drone as a body. He'll play like a Street Samurai - and could even branch out into being a Face.

Do everything possible to discourage trying to play as an AI Decker, though. Or at least make sure he understands how singularly terrible AIs are at that role.
>>
>>55172726
>in 5E it won't get the paydata out of the host
If you're running with a pocket-hacker instead of a Decker, you're not going to be given datasteal jobs anyway.
>>
>>55172756
I gave my players a Data steal job once. They ended up beating a wageslave and forcing him to open an archive and pull data out for them, before Laes-ing his memory. They had a Hacker.
>>
>>55172784
Honestly, I'd rather play it that way than use the matrix rules too.
>>
>>55172784
Just like a real life datasteal
>>
>>55172756
>>55172784
>>55172799
I played a game once where we were informed that the server with the information we wanted was on - hardwired, local storage, couldn't be accessed remotely - had some absurdly high-end encryption and IC protecting it.

In the words of our Decker, "Haha, no, fuck that."

So, the decker logged on exactly long enough to find out which physical media the key data was stored on, and we stole the hard drive from that data rack. Passed the entire hard drive off to the Johnson, let them know they'd still need to get it decrypted by a third party, but that there would be other useful data on there too at no additional cost.
>>
File: tumblr_mzd6kk3I4m1qzn3f9o1_500.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzd6kk3I4m1qzn3f9o1_500.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
So, for a straight combat character, what are the pros and cons of adepts, sams, burnout adepts, and edge masters?
>>
>>55172748
I did talk to him about it. He was kinda in-between being a nerd in a van rigger/decker anyway, so I think we're getting some kind of matrix guy on the team anyway. I dunno, I stopped trying to balance this team.
>>
>>55172867
Adepts: Hughe dicepools in a few skills
Only a few skills with decent dicepools

Sams: Flexible in their choices and good dicepools in alot of skills
Money pool rises usually too slow for large improvements.

Burnout: Adept but better

Edgemaster: As long he has his pool he's a tableturner.
Is just a rent-a-cop without his pool
>>
>>55172867
>adepts
Huge dice pools, the best early-game access to Initiative, access to Weapon Foci, and cheap/early advancement through Initiation. Tend to be a little too focused, detectable by wizards.

>sams
Versatility through various implants (mobility, sensors, internal air tanks, etc), incredible Soak and wound management (a half dozen different armor sources, Platelet Factories, Pain Editor, etc). Struggle to advance after chargen because of augmentation costs, Skills/Attributes are very expensive for very minor bonuses compared to Initiation.

>burnout adepts
They get to pick all of the best Street Sam augmentations, pick up a Weapon Focus, and still advance through Initiation. The best of both worlds, with very few flaws.

>edge masters
They lack a Street Samurai's versatility, an Adept's powerful focus, and have a limited pool of Edge per run before they're just mundanes. Can be used to great effect, but an extremely poor choice for novices who don't know exactly what they're doing.
>>
File: 1503960086880.jpg (390KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1503960086880.jpg
390KB, 1000x1000px
>>55173114
>>55172974
Thanks, I'm pretty new to the game and am trying to get a handle on what archetypes do what best or how they should be built/played.

Speaking of, how do different splicings of adept work? Combat adepts are obvious, but what about face/adepts, decker/adepts, and rigger/adepts? Dot the latter two even work?
>>
>>55169922
What if you wear all the necessary gear on elastic or adjustable cords? Be Barsoomian operator.

If you are heavy into magic you don't need that much gear anyway: you have stunbolt as a ranged weapon, your animal form's claws and teeth for melee, levitate for reaching high places or bypassing alarmed floors, heal as your medkit, mask/invisibility/animal form as a disguise and magic fingers for hand-based needs. You'd need to be extra careful about magical security but you'd be amazing at physical infiltration. Just check astral space a lot, possibly do some legwork to figure out spirit patrol patterns and work around those.

The harness would mostly be for carrying a sustaining focus and pouches for anything you might want to swipe. You might also be able to hook specialised tools onto you like lockpicks or anti electronic gear.
The big downside is no comms or image linked devices. So mind link might be useful.
>>
>>55173170
>Combat adepts are obvious, but what about face/adepts, decker/adepts, and rigger/adepts? Dot the latter two even work?
Just take Improved Ability (Hacking, Pilot, whatever), Improved Reflexes, and anything that boosts your key attributes and you're golden.

Adepts actually make the best deckers, though the best riggers get cyberware, because they get better bonuses from those for their role.

A Face adept has lots and lots of fun powers to play with. They're the closest you get to Face as a primary role.
>>
Hoi, chummers, how do you put custom metavariants in chummer 5?

Are satyrs in?
>>
>>55173210
>Are satyrs in?
Yes.
>>
>>55173114
>access to Weapon Foci
Can someone explain these?
>>
>>55173459
"Cheap" bonus dice while using that weapon.
>>
>>55173459
A Weapon Focus is a magical weapon. It costs a bunch of money per Force of the focus, and you have to spend a certain amount of Karma to bind yourself to it. Once you do, you add its Force to all of your attack rolls with it, you can hit Astral beings with it, and it counts as Magic damage for stuff like Immunity to Normal Weapons or Regeneration.

An extremely powerful effect - every adept should have a Rating 1 Combat Knife as a focus if nothing else, just for the magic damage/astral hitting side of the equation.

Always still carry a gun, though. Even if you have a sick katana, Rating 6 weapon focus, or whatever, you still want to also have a machine pistol handy.
>>
>>55166701
>Go out to your local nerd shop and ask the browsing neckbeards if they play Shadowrun
Be prepared to receive nothing but glassy-eyed stares of bovine incomprehension, followed by them whuffing "Dee'n'dee?" at you through their hirstute jowls.
>>
>>55173922
Some of us live in places other than the midwest or deep south, anon.
>>
Is there any reason not to make melee attack a simple action? The complex action just feel like punishing players for trying to do something already more difficult than using guns.
>>
>>55174690
>Is there any reason not to make melee attack a simple action? The complex action just feel like punishing players for trying to do something already more difficult than using guns.
The only reason not to is to keep it nerfed.
>>
>>55174690
My usual houserule involves letting it be a complex or a simple action. As a complex action, you get an initiative discount on Interrupt actions but only for one target. You get a bigger discount if the target was the person you were attacking, so that you could, for instance, enjoy Full Defense against that guy for free.
>>
>>55174690
>punishing players
Why so emotive, son? And if you wanted to be like that, why not take it to "bullying players" or "disgracing players"?
>>
>>55174690
Honestly, there isn't.
There are only CGL fat asses who have never fired a gun and think it's as simple as walking.
>>
>>55173718
So no weapon foci firearms, then? Would getting a weapon foci brass knuckles be worthwhile, or a bad idea? My character's already got unarmed fighting and some 'knucks, so
>>
>>55175056
>So no weapon foci firearms, then?
You can make a firearm into a weapon focus, but it'll only apply for pistol whips and butt strikes - using you gun as a Clubs weapon. Ranged weapons, in general, don't apply. They don't grant Weapon Focus bonuses to your ammunition and, even if they did, a weapon focus (and all other foci too) goes inert the second it leaves your aura, so it would be a moot point.

>Would getting a weapon foci brass knuckles be worthwhile, or a bad idea? My character's already got unarmed fighting and some 'knucks, so
If you've already got Unarmed, then hell yes it would be worth it to get them wizarded up.
>>
File: Torakami-8.jpg (44KB, 490x297px) Image search: [Google]
Torakami-8.jpg
44KB, 490x297px
If you have an antique, Weapon Focus katana, can you refurbish it by removing and replacing the tattered silk and rotten wood that used to be its grip? Or would doing that destroy it? Is the entire, complete weapon enchanted as a focus, or do you only enchant the single piece that is the blade and tang?
>>
File: Deimos.png (176KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
Deimos.png
176KB, 212x278px
Hey Guys, made a 5e SR podcast called Extended Charisma Test, We discuss various aspects of SR from underrated gear, GMing SR, Shadowrun media, to archetype discussions and much more.
Give it a listen here: https://extendedcha.com/2017/09/01/episode-1/
Let me know what you guys think
>>
>>55175185
I'd say a bit of both is the answer. Replacing the silk and wood would probably destroy it as a focus if you replaced it with silk and plastic, say. But if you went with wood and silk again, it probably stays. Could depending on who enchanted it.

After all, magic doesn't go by standard physics or thought (though it does have some rules of its own), so there is a third possible scenario where by being a still complete weapon focus attuned to a living being the silk and wood would start to recover.

Alternatively, perhaps you just need to do some ritualistic work to replace. These are all different answers that could work for different 'schools' of enchanters. Especially if it's old enough or been worked on enough to have extra powers.
>>
>>55175226
Try to keep your intro under 30s. And for the sake of people with headsets and earphones, kick that fucknugget who likes to suddenly scream and raise his voice.
>>
>>55175185
>>55175241
It depends on what the Telesma (object) for the Focus was. If the Formula (blueprint) was designed to include the wood and the silk, then the whole object - blade, tang, grip, everything - is the Focus, and if you remove or replace part of it, then the Focus will count as having been destroyed. If the Formula only included the single, metal piece of the blade and the tang, then any damage to the blade/tang will damage the Focus, but the crosspiece, grip, sheath, and so forth will go unaffected.

The same holds true for every kind of Focus. Maybe the entire dreamcatcher is the Focus, or maybe it's just the bundle of feathers hanging off the bottom. Maybe the entire tattoo is the Focus, or maybe it's just the eyes, tattooed in Orichalcum-infused ink.

You have to go on a case-by-case basis, taking into account the culture, the traditions, and most importantly the intent of the original designer in all of this.

So, to answer the question specifically about a katana? Tradition would make the blade/tang piece being the actual katana. Everything else can be replaced, because they're accessories, not part of the sword itself. That's probably how that Telesma would have been formulated, though there's no way to be absolutely certain of that fact.
>>
What are some nice Thebes to bring a group of beginners together, besides the usual "your fixer gives you a call, you are an upstart gang in the barrens, you go shopping"?

How about a group that works part time as historical reenactment group? Or they are members of a secret 6th world nazi club?

What are some of the best themes for a group ?
>>
File: npc_ghoulmale.png (231KB, 212x278px) Image search: [Google]
npc_ghoulmale.png
231KB, 212x278px
>>55175487
Noted, sound levels and shorter intros will be our next focus, The fucknugget has been feed to the ghouls in accordance to your wishes
>>
File: 1426108813997.png (10KB, 408x286px) Image search: [Google]
1426108813997.png
10KB, 408x286px
>>55175877
>Thebes
>>
>>55175877
>What are some of the best themes for a group ?
A bunch of people - upstart kids, washed up reality TV stars, blacklisted media industry workers - have decided to come together and start a new web show where they livestream dramatically recut shadowruns. You've got the Rigger with eyes in the sky, the Decker live-editing footage on a short delay, a Street Samurai with an implanted simrig, and so on, all trying to accrue enough Fame to hit it big.
>>
>>55175877
I once played a pretty white hat game at least it stared that way as part of a knight errant response team.
>>
Has anyone here tried that runnerhub thing on Reddit?

Is it any good? I've wanted to get into Shadowrun forever but I can find a group.
>>
>>55175884

He meant Themes, a grand and ancient city on the Nile, south of the capital, Carrot.
>>
>>55175961
Its all on U.S. Eastern time I believe, if those are great times for you. I really like the living world aspect of the game, GMs follow the shadowrun rules to the letter, even when they are bad so make sure you know your rules pretty well. Make sure your character is well optimized and read all their house rules.
>>
>>55175826
>Telesma
>Formula
>Focus
I didn't know any of this shit before right now, so I glanced through the artifice section in the core book and this looks legit.
>>
>>55175961
If normal shadowrun is a burger then runnerhub is just the patty and some sauce.
You come there with a character, do a run, get nuyen and karma and then leave. No downtime at all
>>
>>55176033
Are they okay with newbies? I'm not exactly an experienced roleplayer.
>>55176038
Yeah, it's not my first choice, although Roll20 and gamefinder threads haven't brought me much luck.
>>
>>55175961
>Has anyone here tried that runnerhub thing on Reddit?
Yeah.

>Is it any good?
There's no roleplaying, no consistent groups, and no downtime. It's like Pathfinder Society or other Living settings - you meet up, run a dungeon, collect your loot, and then that's it. So, I mean, it's definitely a game, but good?

>I've wanted to get into Shadowrun forever but I can find a group.
My condolences. I'd offer you some one-on-one (because playing by text with an actual group is terrible, because of how slowly it inevitably ends up going) but my games and character concepts run too lewd for most people, and I'm disinclined to force my magical realm on someone desperate.
>>
>>55176072
>It's like Pathfinder Society or other Living settings
JesusChristHowHorrifying.trid
>>
>>55176072
>run too lewd for most people
meaning?
>>
>>55176168
>meaning?
Meaning the Shadowrun games I run are borderline pornographic half the time.
>>
>>55176192
I'd probably be okay with that, so long as the porn is well written.
>>
>>55176202
Do you have a burner email address?
>>
>>55176212
one sec
>>
>>55172473
See earlier in the thread, about locations for spidersilk glands.
>>
>>55176192
But anon, what KIND of porn? It's important.
>>
>>55176212
[email protected]
>>
>>55172125
This may cost zero essence, but it's just re-shaping the exterior, to truly change genders you would need the appropriate reproductive replacement, and that does cost essence.
>>
File: 1420694273197.jpg (140KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
1420694273197.jpg
140KB, 800x1143px
>>55176303
The Shadowrun kind. Bunraku dolls, Goblin/Surge transformations, street samurai with more fashion sense than common sense, spirit possession by spirits who don't respect personal boundaries, and other lewd stuff baked directly into the core setting.
>>
>>55176412
...You consider that porn? Mate, that's just part of the setting. That's normal.
>>
>>55176361
>Sex Change
>Lololol, it's not a sex change tho.

Chummer, did you even read? That's a sex change that includes a reproductive replacement.
>>
>>55175961
They only do voice games and some of'm are weirdos, but they're okay.
>>
>>55176361
*to truly change gender you'd need to alter the entirety of your body on a genetic level, which is not, nor ever will, be possible to do fully.
>>
>>55176444
The extent to which I focus on it is where it goes borderline-pornographic.
>>
>>55176513
I wouldn't call it impossible to do, but it'd sure as hell be an involved process that requires nanotech to do.

And nanotech is currently on the 6th world's shitlist.
>>
>>55176538
The default setting has authors who have literally written scenes about child prostitutes having people jack off using their thighs.

I'm not even kidding: http://danvolodar.ru/ancientfiles/Spoorn/18.html
>>
>>55176549
You could probably make it happen with whatever the Sixth World has instead of CRISPR.
>>
>>55176565
You literally don't know what you're talking about. CRISPR is for making edits to strands of DNA. To go from female to male and vice versa, you have to completely replace a chromosome. That's several orders of magnitude beyond the few dozen to few hundred base-pair cut and snip CRISPR can do.
>>
>>55176590
Would changing a chromosome be enough? Just because you change the genotype wouldn't necessarily change the resulting phenotype, especially after the organism had already developed.
>>
>>55176590
>He fell for the "muh chromosomes" meme
>>
>>55176590
>with whatever the Sixth World has instead of
>>
>>55176513
Fine, to functionally change gender
>>
>>55176412
>street samurai with more fashion sense than common sense
Thanks you for the new character concept.
>>
>>55176456
It does not say that at all I did read it and not sure that you did, reproductive replacement is further on in the book as cultured bioware and does cost essence. The description of that procedure actually uses the words desired appearance, it may fashion the externals of the other genders genitalia but they won't function without the additional bioware, The genome isn't changed, this is just skin deep.
>>
>>55176561
Aight. In that case, I enjoy regular, everyday, vanilla Shadowrun - filthy as fuck, crude, and pervasively sexual.
>>
>>55176745
Well, to go from male to female, you could just mirror the existing X chromosome. That would be fiddly to pull off but if you are using nanotech of the level shadowrun has/had depending on how much you adhere to CFD, it shouldn't be impossible. To create a Y for female to male chromosome you can just SDF, which as far as I know is the only functional gene on the Y chromosome. For full effect you would also have to vandalise a bunch of genes on the same X chromosome and I suspect that would be harder to target precisely enough so I wouldn't bother, the extra X helps provide protection against a lot of genetic disorders so it's better that way. Sure they would probably.
Of course you have to do this to every single cell in the body, which seems like the real logistical hurdle.
>>
how does Shadowrun handle public transport, and as a topical question, large floods?
>>
>>55177080
should link>>55176590

>>55176745
Well, it should grow in with new cellular divisions, and as the changed genes lead to different hormone output, but it's hard to know until someone actually does it. There are species in nature capable of spontaneously changing sex so it's not without precedence. Essentially the the effects should be the same as a current transsexual undergoing hormone therapy, it's just the hormone changes are being generated with in them, not through a needle.
>>
>>55177103
Public transport still seems to be a thing, just dirtier and less wel maintained - and probably outsourced to the lowest bidding corp.
>>
>>55177176
>Public transport still seems to be a thing, just dirtier and less wel maintained - and probably outsourced to the lowest bidding corp.
This is dead-on. It also doesn't go to the Barrens at all, just further exacerbating their economic isolation.
>>
>>55175877
Two little words.
FOOD FIGHT
>>
>>55177371
I think that falls under "go shopping"
>>
>>55177396
No? Food fight happens before you meet a fixer.
>>
>>55177407
I thought those were three different examples?
First one is "your fixer gives you a call", skipping over learning to know your fixer and directly going into a run
Second one is "you are an upstart gang in the barrens", you start with some resources and it's up to you to build your gang up or decide that you want to be a runner team or something else
Third one is "you go shopping", basically the start to Food Fight
>>
>>55177516
I thought they were all three. Fixer gives the gang a call so they go shopping.

If he intended to communicate it like that, he should have used semicolons or structured the phrasing differently.
>>
Am I wrong for wanting to just attach chains to a company's central server and towwing it out with a truck?
>>
>>55177565

No, that actually sounds pretty cool. Optical storage can take a few shocks, right?
>>
>>55175877
You're running from some ghouls.
You turn a bend in the sewer, and you meet another panicked individual. He is running from devil rats. You both start running. Behind you, the ghouls and devil rats form an alliance, and continue chasing.
Then you run into another group of two people, these ones being chased by insect and toxic spirits.

You all commandeer the vehicle of your fifth person, the rigger, who is upset at this until he sees toxic spirits, bug spirits, ghouls, and devil rats chasing his car.
>>
>>55177565
In-setting, yes, you're wrong.

Out-of-game, though, a firefight from the back of a truck where you're hauling a corporate server sounds a hell of a lot more fun than the shitshow that is Decking.
>>
>>55177601
Found the bad decker. Try a little more legwork next time, kiddo.
>>
>>55177725
Man, decking isn't even hard, it's just extremely unfun.
>>
>>55177590
>>55177565
this is a fairly fun look at Russia's current Tech industry (if a bit "capitalism is better" since it's Bloomberg)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tICL-lwI7KM

the guy who made mail.ru literally shoved their servers into the back of his shitty russian car and drove them to their new site to save money
>>
>>55177196
Of course that just leads to enterprising combat taxis, essentially a freelance rigger you pay to take you from point A to point B.
>>
>>55172338
>its like these gym fags
See also; gorillas.
>>
>>55176854
I am currently making a landsnecht inspired character. Do it anon, its fun
>>
>>55177371
Where can i find food fight?
>>
>>55179196
Check the trove.
>>
>>55179210
>>55179196
Specifically, in the back of the Quickstart Rules from the Beginner Box, or in Plots and Paydata from the Alphaware Box. That's for 5e. For 4e, it's in the 20A Quickstart. For 3e, it's in First Run. Don't know if there's a 1e/2e version of it.
>>
>>55165810
Is there a way to hide my cat ears during infiltration when I'm disguised?
Would be ok to have switchable ears or if a disguise kit could hide them? Or should I just commit to hats...

The GM ok'd it. I think mostly because I'm not a weaboo and I try not to be annoying with my concepts. It is actually a big deal he said yes, because he despises furries and weird races.

What sucks for him is most players in our small group actually love to play the more bizarre races.
>>
Hey yekka, I'm having an issue with Chummer where I would like to mount an exotic ranged weapon in a weapon mount on a drone for my rigger, but when trying to add weapons to mounts (using drone modification rules option checked FYI) it filters only by all the normal weapon types, so I can't install an Exotic Ranged that is for all intents and purposes the size of a heavy pistol even in a Huge size mount.
>>
Can anyome share the stats & rules for the german cyber spine. Everytime i try to download State of the ADL from the trove it doesnt work
>>
>>55179780
https://docs.google.com/document/d/143Qbf9YFoT4r6psNS5Jugjd39JrGn7cD029cWgcB9gE/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>55177565
My group did that once.
Jumped out the window of the skyscraper to escape.
Incredibly ballsy, and after an insane getaway, they had to spend about 4 months lying low.
>>
>>55179626
Catears are probably under Cosmetic Surgery, so it's up to the GM the price for any stuff you like. I would put it under 1k though. Disguise kit for sure can hide it, you can just flavor it as making head decorations.
However, Japanese girls love to get cat ears, so it's not that rare for a nippon kid to be with them, so even if you stand out it doesn't make it something that rare to see.
>>
On a scale of 1-10 how angry would you be if your sam showed up to a quiet run with a silenced HMG and Subsonic rounds.
I imagine even with that its still loud as fuck, maybe I'm wrong.
>>
>>55180006
>I imagine even with that its still loud as fuck, maybe I'm wrong.
You're wrong.
>>
>>55179814
>>55179626
It could also be a casemod for cyberears or either kind of the Antenna earwear.
>>
>>55180022
over 100 golf claps per minute?
>>
>>55180006
The problem, in that situation, is that they get a check to hear each and every bullet, and they're probably going to hear the bullets impacting the walls too. Unless he can run it semi-automatic, in which case there isn't a problem.
>>
>>55180034
I don't think anyone would sanely ask for a roll per bullet.

More likely they'd give a dice pool bonus to the listener, which could partially overcome the penalties from silencing and subsonic.

Or not. It depends on the gear the listeners have. But look at it like this. At least there's no HMG where you can have any more than those two mods.
>>
>>55180076
>I don't think anyone would sanely ask for a roll per bullet.
That's what the actual rule is, but yes, I'd probably give the listener +1 per additional bullet after the first. You know, take the Defense penalty and turn it into a Perception bonus.
>>
>>55180106
If CGL was smooth then more bullet-heavy firing modes would just shift up the threshold on the perception test and stuff like suppressor and subsonic shifts it down as it is and you'd come out to something decently even without fucking with perception pools.
>>
>>55180234
Isn't that how it worked back in the FASA editions, except with target number instead of threshold?
>>
>>55180234
I think you got that reversed. Suppressors would increase the threshold, higher-end firing modes would lower it.
>>
>>55179784
Thanks anon, you're a life saver
>>
>>55180618
Nah, the lifesaver's the guy who translated the damn thing. I just saved the bookmark.
>>
>>55179784
Yekka, how long until we're gonna see chummer integration of this stuff?
>>
>>55180789
After he gets Shapeshifters working.
>>
>>55180816
u wot m8

That's from an actual book, which has now been translated
>>
>>55180789
It's already in. The book tag is SAG.
>>
>>55180867
So are shapeshifters.
Why haven't you fixed shapeshifters yet, yekka?
You said you would!
>>
Have any of you guys had a GM crazy enough to have you go against a dragon? If so, how did that turn out?
>>
File: PhotoOP.png (166KB, 1091x984px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoOP.png
166KB, 1091x984px
>>55180990
Never fought one personally, but my last crew made a deal with one in Southeast Asia.
>>
>>55181097
How did that turn out?
>>
>>55181206
We all walked away, for one. Might have some good work later on now that remembers who we are.
And I want to point out that I was in the Catalina and not part of that decision at all. Hell no.
>>
>>55180990
At the end of one of my campaigns I had my players be approached by Aden for a job. Two of them stayed to hear him out, the absolute madmen.
>>
>>55158068
How do I make the most disgusting Sword-Sam possible?

I'm talkin' 20+ dice pool
I'm talkin' Metal Gear Rising shenanigans
I'm talkin' barely as good as a regular adept
>>
>>55181740
Burnout adept with full cyber body. Use augmentation bundle + restricted gear to buy all the cyber as a single item.
>>
File: Samriel.png (309KB, 996x832px) Image search: [Google]
Samriel.png
309KB, 996x832px
>>55181740
Take a page out of this faggot's book.
>>
File: Jesus....gif (549KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus....gif
549KB, 300x169px
>>55182009
>(all Delta grade)
>>
>>55182067
Dawn of the Artifacts, despite having a decent premise, is full to the brim with overpowered assholes and insufferable sues.
>>
>>55181929
bone lacing too
>>
>>55181740
I'm going to ignore burnout adept because you specifically said Sammy.
Nocturna Elf with 4 cyberlimbs and redliner for max agility and strength (8(12)agility and 6(10) strength)
or human as above with a metatype C priority and all four limbs optimised for blades, you'll only have a 10 augmented agility but you'll get +2dice and +4 accuracy from the optimisation.
Then with your special stat points build up to 7 edge and take Revels in Murder. Spend Edge on every attack and if you can one shot people you'll by able to do it infinitely.
>>
>>55181691
Red-pilled players who see the truth in dragon deals.
>>
File: It had to be this way.pdf (64KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
It had to be this way.pdf
64KB, 1x1px
>>55182282
With edge and the reflex recorder you're rolling 28 dice with no limit and exploding sixes. has ons skill point left over to specialise in the automatic weapon category of your choice/throw a point into groundcraft a ridiculous 33 armour and enough nuyen left over for a fake SIN lifestyle a comlink and maybe a bike or cheap car.
>>
>>55182009
He has enough ware to pay for 5 lifetimes of luxury living. And has worse dicerolls than the fucking burnout adept in my party.
>>
>>55182722
He's 4e, remember.
>>
>>55182722
That could be the premise of a run or even an entire campaign. Smuck with several million nuyen in implants is running around. Kill him and your set for life. Problem is he's a hard motherfucker and you're not the only one with this idea.
>>
File: 1419762841458.png (325KB, 2030x1442px) Image search: [Google]
1419762841458.png
325KB, 2030x1442px
>>55162870
Continuation never.
>>
>>55182982
>several million nuyen in implants
>Kill him and your set for life
>Used grade for everyone else
>only worth a fraction of that through fencing
>even less when you factor in hot 'ware, damage, and any crimes involved
>>
>>55183044
Oooooh, I love doing th maths on that.
Fencing = 30% of listed base value
Used = -50%
Stolen = -20%
Item used in Crime (theft is a crime, so is murder) = -10%

Sooooo, ware in that case is worth about 10.8% of its value, were it Standard ware.
Which makes it 1.08% of it's Deltaware worth.

Meaning that a Million Nuyen worth of 'ware sold in such a way is worth about 10K.
Split 4 ways? That's 2.5K

Congratulations, you've gone out on a million to kill the Million-Nuyen man, and from his ware, that you've still got to extract, de-RFID and so forth, you've made the gains from a low-grade Run.
Of course, the situation changes dramatically if you're being paid to kill him, to bring in his 'ware for reverse engineering by the creator's competitors.
>>
>>55183090
Imagine being the lucky up and coming Streetsam that finds that set of 'ware at the local pawn shop.
>>
>>55183127
Hardly.
You're just looking at stolden, used-quality 'ware
That it used to be Deltaware is irrelevant, and the Street retail price isn't quite as low as the fencing price.

It's only 36% of the Standard 'ware price.
Still a bargain though,
>>
>>55183090
5e hot items are minimum 50% off, but they will absolutely cause problems in game. That's making the assumption of PCs being on the buyer's side, but I wouldn't assume selling to the fence gets a better cut.

>On the black market, some items are ridiculously discounted, sometimes by as much as fifty percent or more. The reason? The fences have to get rid of the product fast, and any nuyen they can get, even if they take a loss, is better than simply ditching the goods altogether.

>The gamemaster should only consider giving this quality to an item she fully intends to cause a runner problems during the game.
>>
>>55183090
Also, 4eA 'item used' is -20%, while 5e used grade is -25%.
>>
>>55183528
Yeah, but that's used-grade 'ware, which is its own category, which cuts the price in half.
>>
>>55183036
>you will never see a fan animated video of Dervish going off to save Bend as Tir Tairngire burns in the background to the theme of Kanye's Power
>you will never work for Wildcard in a HBS game set in Italy
>you will never make a deal with Schwarzkopf by proxy Johnson of Felix
>you will never get trolled by TwoDee as he masturbates while filling you with bullet holes via turret
>you will never get your soul sucked by Geppetto
>you will never get to shoot Trout multiple times in the chest

feels bad, man
>>
>>55182746
I was talking about 4e as well.
>>
What are some contacts a wasteland warrior new in town might have?
>>
>>55184499
Which wasteland, which city?
>>
>>55184545
I thought the area outside all major cities was a wasteland? Hence the armored transport trucks?
And probably seattle.
>>
>>55184566
Oh, I assumed you meant a REAL wasteland.
Like Chicago. Or the Outback.
>>
>>55175226
Is that picture from a Shadowrun game? It's done in the same style, and I recognize the name.
>>
>>55184593
No, just the sword and sorcery setting that lives between the cities.
>>
>>55183590
That Netflix movie coming out called Bright looks like it is going to be the closest we're going see to shadowrun. Hopefully the movie will drum up interest in urban fantasys adaptations.
>>
>>55184624
Then contacts with Mad Max-style bandits or smuggler gangs, contacts in one of the magical micro-kingdoms that spring up in Awakened woods and shit, that kind of thing. People who provide shelter and transit.

If you're Awakened, it wouldn't be a bad place to find a Talismonger or magical group either, maybe with a monastery of warrior-monks tucked away in the mountains.

Once you get it into the wild areas you have urban ruins and polluted wastelands filled with Fallout shit, and Awakened areas reclaimed by magical-nature and full of metacritters (hellhounds, Thunderbirds, etc), free spirits, the Infected, and other monsters giving the neo-primitives who live there a hard time. So, you're not going to find much in the way of corporate types or tech sellers, but they'll be a lot of scavengers, wasteland gangs, and 'pick a flavor' of fantasy shit.
>>
I want to make a ridiculously high-armor tank character for Shadowrun who, on top of all of the armor, also has an implanted medkit, Symbiotes, Neo-EPO, and Quick Healer, giving the medkit a 19 dice pool for autonomous first aid.

Which augmentations should I get if I want enough Essence left to get some decent Essence augmentation? Right now, I'm thinking a cyberlimb augmentation bundle, Adapsin, and Biocompatibility, dropping it down to .7 Essence per limb. I should be able to get some gratuitous soak going that way.

Whatever I get, I've got a Pain Editor and Platelet Factories planned too. That way I take no penalty for the Stun I'll accruing and I'll have a minimized rate of overflow into Physical.

And yes, I know that a mage can still push his face in. The idea isn't to make someone unstoppable, just insanely tough.
>>
>>55185553
Why not also be an Adept or otherwise acquire Regeneration, so that all your extra healing stuff makes you effectively incapable of dying at all?
>>
>>55185553
You can go Resources A, Attributes B, Metatype C, Skills D to pick up a Dwarf or Ork as your metatype. Tank your meat-body's Agility and Strength, trusting that their base metatype's Strength combined with a minmaxed Body will be enough to have a good Physical Limit. Then you get Dwarf-strong cyberlimbs.

Alternatively, be a human. Go Resources A, Attributes B, Skills C, Magic D, Metatype E. Put all of your Special points into being an Adept (with the knowledge that you're going to be tanking that Magic score down to 1) and pick up the Burnout's Way. That'll make all of your Standard cyberware have the Essence cost of Alphaware - which is pretty fucking great when combined with Adapsin and Biocompatibility, am I right?

>>55185650
The accessible types of Regeneration like to push out 'ware. I'm guessing that's why he's getting an implanted medkit instead. Adept's definitely the good bet for Initiative augmentation for such a character, though.
>>
>>55185650
>>55185671
I wasn't planning on being Awakened, but that's a pretty strong showing for Adepts. I'll take a glance at the Burnout's Way. Thanks.
>>
Do your runners get up to sexcapades?
How far do you describe them?
>>
>>55186880
i want to fuck you in the ass
>>
How do i build a rigger?
What attributes and skills should i focus on?
>>
File: cordially invited.jpg (58KB, 704x480px) Image search: [Google]
cordially invited.jpg
58KB, 704x480px
>>55187056
>>
>>55187798
Do you want to be a Driver and/or a Drone Rigger? Do you want to jump into your Drones or control them remotely? And do you want to go with your team in meat, or provide overwatch and fire support from the getaway vehicle?
>>
>>55187859
why not everything?
>>
>>55187886
You can do one thing good or many things poorly, and doing things poorly gets you killed.
>>
>>55187909
if the only thing you do with your drones well is using them as rear guard while you run away you will be a bit useless
>>
>>55187859
I guess drone rigger.
Not sure about the other stuff.
Any pros and cons?
>>
>>55187950
Boot riggers get to shoot guns, sneak around, socially infiltrate, etc with the group, while their Drones do other things or supplement. It's means most of the time they'll be part Drone Rigger, part infiltrator, Samurai, or maybe Decker or face.

Being a van Rigger means you can be a fat sperg slob who does what the boot Rigger does with his Drones, but better, because you're more specialized in it. You'll probably jump into Drones more too.

Being a driver means lots of REA, pilot skill, and a control rig. It's usually a subrole you don't make the focus of a character. Adepts and Samurai will also sometimes take this subrole and they like to go fast with their car. It's not a role I've ever had come up in my games, playing or GMing, but that's my experience.
>>
>>55187886
Because unless you are playing in a Prime Runner campaign with a cool million being available you won't be able to buy everything
Swarm riggers need RCCs both to be able to command large swarms and to be able to use a lot of Autosofts. These cost between 1.4k for a DR 1 RCC (basically useless) through 66k for a DR 5 RCC (pretty okay) up to 140k for the best DR6 RCC
If you are a vehicle rigger or bot rigger you need a Control Rig, which costs 43k for R1, 97k for R2 (best you can get at chargen) and 208k for R3
This is just for the stuff you need to be able to call yourself a rigger. If you want to both use a swarm AND jump in you already pay about 170k. Vehicles and drones add to that, meaning that you at best have about 280k for Drones, vehicles autosofts, garages, tools and weapons. And that if you don't want some initiative enhancement or lifestyle or normal weapon or anything besides your rigger part.

>>55187950
>Vehicle Rigger
Pros: You can get fast to most places, have a secure mode of transportation, can mount some heavy weapons and can transport your team mates. If you drive normally your REA makes you okay in a fight
Cons: You can't get to many places, if you don't have anything else you make a lousy sammy, you are obvious and if you damage your ride you are shit out of luck.

>Swarm Rigger
Pros: You command a large amount of (usually cheap) drones, meaning you excel at surveillance, suppression and pure firepower.
Cons: Your drones have to be pretty similar since you only have so many Autosofts to share. You better take some cheap drones cause otherwise you are going to get bankrupt soon with all those drones shot down.

>Bot Rigger
Pros: You jump into a kitted out murderbot, giving you the chance to be a secondary Sammy in a fight. Can usually get great with weapons due to the generality of Gunnery
Cons: You better put a lot of money into their armor cause these babies be EXPENSIVE. May cause conflict if main sammy feels replaced
>>
>>55188110
>>55188157
I think i'd like a swarm rigger with lots of drones
>>
>>55188348
The only attributes I think that would mandatory to not have low are LOG and INT, because you won't be jumping in much. LOG and INT are handy for E Warfare, Perception, and Engineering. You'll want at least one Pilot Ground and Air so you don't default, though. The Engineering skill group can be supplemented with an EVO Proletariat with Engineering Skillsofts, so it's not mandatory to put 4-6 into that group's skills unless you want to. The main limit with the swarm Rigger is nuyen. Flying Eyes and Rotodrones are the standard for recon and fire support. Focus on one or two guns so you only need one or two Targeting softs. Full auto and grenades are your friend. I like buying up to the Alpha, but it's not the rule.
>>
>>55188775
what kind of equipment do i need besides the drones?
>>
>>55188956
Tool Kits, a car or van to carry the murder and recon machines around, an RCC (I think the Liegelord is the usual go to), a Datajack and/or Control Rig, lots of fucking ammo, your softs, and then the standard runner gear.
>>
>>55188956
You want a Targeting, a Maneuvering and a Clearsight Autosoft. Preferably you have all the drones be the same and the guns be the same so you only need three Autosofts
Main thing of the build is the RCC. You want a DR at least as big as the amount of Autosofts you want to share, so at the VERY least DR3. Higher DR give you either more available autosofts or noise reduction (your choice).
You then want a datajack, a Control Rig if you want to jump in any drone, enough guns for all your drones, ammo and a vehicle to transport it
>>
>>55189101
Oh, and the DR also limits the amount of drones. You can slave DRx3 drones to it
>>
there is any class which i just punch things like a monk?
>>
>>55189308
yes, adepts and cybersams can punch things
>>
>>55189337
but can they make your head explode with a punch?
>>
>>55189356
If you wanna play Exalted, play Exalted.
>>
>>55189308
>>55189337
>>55189356
Spur is like, 18p base with max strength.
>>
>>55189382
That punches holes in heads, it doesn't explode them. Need shotgun knuckles or an implanted shotgun.
>>
>>55168194
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=25816
>>
File: 1440457314814.jpg (286KB, 762x700px) Image search: [Google]
1440457314814.jpg
286KB, 762x700px
>>55189356
You can 1-shot people with phys damage from a punch and fluff it as massive cranial trauma, yes. You want max strength, high agility, high unarmed skill (with spec), bone lacing, striking callouses, and one or both of the Sharpshooter and Strive for Perfection qualities. Use Called Shot: Vitals for extra DV. There are also called shots to the head, but they impose a DV limit. Moderately armored targets, especially if they can dodge well, may not go down in one hit, but any ganger or rentacop should.
>>
>>55189365
>dude has a mechanic arm
>it doesnt have enough strenght to make a head go pup!
wat
>>
>>55189583
>dude has a mechanic arm
>it has enough strength to make a head go pup!
>it also has enough strength to rip it out of it's socket
wat
>>
>>55189365
Are you retarded m8
>>
>>55189773
That's ignored mechanically, though you can fluff it as the arm being fused to the character's bone lacing. This shouldn't be a cyberlimb build though. It needs something like muscle replacement to boost physical limit.
>>
>>55175928
>>55177593

Those two are awesome, i think i will use something like the chase to introduce new players. Thank you.
>>
>>55189773
>>55189884
I always assuemd that a cyberarm also included chest and upper back muscles because those groups do alot of work for the arm. So no "socket"
>>
>>55187886
Because they're entirely unrelated, in terms of what kind of kit you need for each type. They should, honestly, be treated as two separate archetypes.
>>
>>55189356
>but can they make your head explode with a punch?
A Street Samurai can pick up Titanium Bone Lacing and 4 Striking Calluses. If you're rocking 10 Strength due to augmentation, that means that you punch as hard as a military-gauge combat shotgun firing high-explosive slugs.

They can make your head explode with a punch.
>>
>>55190319
wow
WOW
THIS IS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT
NO SILLY MUH CRANIAL TRAUMA
HEADS TRULY EXPLODING FUCK YEAH
just imagine
you in a bar
you slap some girl ass but his boyfrend is in the bar and yo no know
then he comes to take satisfaction with you
then PA! his head is in one thousand pieces
>>
>>55190348
Yeah, when you're rocking almost double peak-human Strength, heavy, solid titanium bones, and knuckles weaponized into striking surfaces, the amount of force you can channel into someone's skull is pretty...

https://youtu.be/tbKayY6eD9k?t=7s
>>
>>55190379
its impossible to have titanium bones
the body would reject it
>>
>>55190400
They managed to make it not do that.
>>
>>55190400
Too fucking bad, nerd.
>Bone lacing: Your bones are laced with lattice chains of reinforcing plastics or metals, improving their integrity and tensile strength (and adding to your body’s overall weight). Bone lacing comes in three types: plastic, aluminum, and titanium—you can only have one installed at a time.
>>
>>55190407
how
>>
>>55190400
>>55190407

It's titanium-lacing, not full titanium replacements.
>>
>>55190412
Cutting edge science fiction.
>>
>>55190415
so this is possible to do TODAY?
>>
>>55190432
>so this is possible to do TODAY?
It's probably not possible to do period. Shadowrun is a game of pretend, not real life.
>>
>>55190441
but anon said it's just interlacing therefore the body would accept it, then are we at least close to do it in real life? it would be neat
>>
>>55190462
>are we at least close to do it in real life?
No.
>>
File: 1496493798186.gif (2MB, 390x520px) Image search: [Google]
1496493798186.gif
2MB, 390x520px
>>55190469
sad
>>
there is any game that feels even close to SR but for pc?
>>
>>55190568
Shadowrun: Dragonfall and Shadowrun: Hong Kong
>>
>>55190462
>>55190469
The answer is "Sorta yes but not really".
We're able to do this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilizarov_apparatus
So it's not hopeless.
>>
>>55190574
they are too short my dude not even 2 hours of gameplay
>>
File: 1500095068786.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1500095068786.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>55190595
>>
>>55190590
its a bit very diferent anon
>>
File: u wot.png (62KB, 433x281px) Image search: [Google]
u wot.png
62KB, 433x281px
>>55190595
>>
Whats the best vehicle for someone that needs a ride that's both stylish and effective, But isn't a rigger so it doesn't need to pull insane shit off, just get them Point A to Point B and preferably in such a way that they wont get followed by anyone who wants to follow them.
Ideally looking for under 60k with mods.
>>
>>55190627
>>55190610
i already played a bit of them but them i saw that they were short
i will not invest in a game to finish in a breath
>>
>>55190462
>>55190590
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intramedullary_rod
That's more what Bone Lacing is, Anon.
We have the tech level to do Bone Lacing, but there's not really a use for it so I doubt anyone wants to put the millions of dollars and years of R&D so someone can do Shadowrun LARPing
>>
File: Ilizarov6.jpg (27KB, 380x576px) Image search: [Google]
Ilizarov6.jpg
27KB, 380x576px
>>55190614
If only a bit.

>>55190638
They are not short, anon.
>>
>>55190638
>i already played a bit of them but them i saw that they were short
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>55190654
>not useful
i mean for war would be very useful
and for policy as well i mean it would make the bones more resistant no? then we would be able to use better armors
>>
>>55190657
i saw on ethernet they were rly short
THE GAMES
>>
>>55190683
Let me rephrase that, no useful enough to justify the development cost and cost per soldier you give it to.
Same reason the US military still uses the outdated as fuck armor they do. Not worth the expense to give them the good expensive shit we can make.
>>
>>55190698
Anon, you're either under-aged, retarded, or drunk. Either way, get off the computer and sleep it off.
>>
i hope oneday our technology reachs shadowrun
>>
>>55190810
Most of Shadowrun's tech is completely antiquated by modern standards, you scrub.
>>
>>55190888
not the cyberetics
i want to be the utermench my boy
i will change my body so much that comparing me to humans would be like comparing humans to monkeys
>>
>>55190938
Go to bed.
>>
>>55190631
Shin-Hyundai. Its a ricer car, but keeping it understated would say "I have some money, but I'm not a tasteless corpkid". Rigger5 also has a near statblock clone of the Shin-Hyundai which is a muscle car, I think it's a Mustang or a Phoenix
>>
New thread topic?
>>
>>55191214
Pets, everyone likes pets,
people won't get angry when talking about dogs.
>>
>>55191214
elfs
and orks
you get what i mean hehe
>>
>>55191214
Cults
>>
>>55191251
>>55191265
>>55191275
Cults with pet orks and elves.
>>
>>55191444
fair enough for me.
>>
>>55190400
Titanium is used surgical implants precisely because it doesn't cause an immune response.
>>
>>55173170
I have to ask, would it be even possible to replace your two normal arms with four cyber arms ? Not even talking about the essence cost, just would it be possible to acquire more limbs with that ?
>>
>>55191583
Kind of, but not really. It doesn't get you any extra attacks, and you have to be a Nartaki in the first place to get four cyberarms.

Can you do it if you only have two arms? No.
>>
>>55191609
You can take the quality to give you multiple arms as part of SURGE.
>>
>>55191801
>Can you do it if you have only two arms? No
>Suggests you get more than two arms.

No, really??
>>
>>55191829
>you have to be a Nartaki in the first place to get four cyberarms.

This is wrong. You can get it through a Quality. Nartaki are a very specific racial metatype of humans.
>>
>>55191576
Sure, but the real problem would be you no longer have bone marrow.
>>
>>55192001
which strictly speaking wouldn't rejection, it would be massive bloodloss and/or secondary infection due to no longer having an immune system.
>>
>>55192001
and again, it's a lattice sourrounding your bones/inserted to the outmost layer of them (which is dead by definition btw), not replacing them.
>>
Can anyone tell me what 6th World Ohio looks like? I want to do a game based there
>>
whats anarchy like
>>
File: Shadowrun Anarchy.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun Anarchy.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>55192387
It tries to cut down on 5e but just ends up being a hacked up mess.
>>
>>55191981
While that's true, bear in mind that getting 4-6 arms without being a Hartaki requires an investment of at least 15 karma, vs Nartaki giving you the extra set of arms for free.
>>
File: 1502692859658.png (609KB, 650x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1502692859658.png
609KB, 650x1350px
>>55180006
We've had jobs go south before and he's a troll so it ain't like hauling that thing around is gonna slow his fatass down anymore then he already is. Unless we're expecting serious trouble if we have to go loud, I'd question why he didn't just bring the assault rifle, an HMG outside a battlefield or the Barrens brings all kinds of serious heat.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>55192684
>>55192684
>>
>>55191981
>This is wrong. You can get it through a Quality.
The Quality requires you to SURGE in order to take it.
>>
>>55192387
>whats anarchy like
Mediocre. It doesn't fix much, but doesn't really break anything either.
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.