[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Savage Worlds General /svg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 79

File: svgsplatoon1.png (575KB, 736x715px) Image search: [Google]
svgsplatoon1.png
575KB, 736x715px
"Ya Squidin Me?" Edition

>Savage Worlds Troves
https://mega.nz/#F!mo9nibSC!YIhv5nyoPb2dmY6-scZLgg
https://mega.nz/#F!axkmmbKT!NKiex_659PAGOlaKBbukFA!HsMXyBDa

>Savagepedia
https://savagepedia.wikispaces.com/

>Previous Thread
>>55044236

What splats are you currently playing? What splats do you really want to play? What's your characters favorite color?
>>
>Splatoon Savage Worlds
I'm intrigued. Tell me more.
>>
File: 1456950040599.jpg (218KB, 974x821px) Image search: [Google]
1456950040599.jpg
218KB, 974x821px
>>55091330
Currently building an alpha together, for testing gear and powers. After that we'll convert Inkopolis and start building other cities. We're going for a Jet Set Radio meets Splatoon feeling. Gangs of extreme and street sport loving young adults marking their territory with a signature piece, and going to war over turf, but with big baddies in the form of toothed whales that want a world of black and white.

Anything you really wanna see added?
>>
>>55091022
I don't really know anything about Splatoon but the squids make me feel funny.
>>
>>55092000
Funny how?
>>
I'm sorry anons, I went to Reddit and it was filled with fagots.

What are Edges that you wish you could have taken, but didn't because there was something better?
>>
>>55092398
That was your post? Well you certainly are much more rude now that you're here. The /tg/ way.
>>
>>55092423
I was polite to some of those assholes?
Thanks though.
>>
>>55092398
I don't think my players will take any edge at all unless it has some sort of combat bonus to it. It drives me crazy.
>>
>>55092510
Sounds about right.
>>
>>55092510
So, my idea is that at 19 XP and every 20 after that, the players get a free edge from a list of shitty, underused edges, like Linguist or Connections or McGyver.
Force the fuckers to do interesting shit.
>>
>>55092630
That might not be a bad idea. Why at those levels specifically?
>>
>>55092714
So that way at the end of Novice, you get a Novice edge, at the end of Seasoned, you (may) get a Seasoned Edge, etc.
It's more of a sweetener than a reward. You are getting something nice, but not hugely mechanically useful, and then you get to improve an attribute, or buy a new spell, or whatever you want to do with your first advance at the next rank.
>>
File: Splatoon_17ef7a_5643667.jpg (63KB, 640x700px) Image search: [Google]
Splatoon_17ef7a_5643667.jpg
63KB, 640x700px
>>55092630
It's probably an issue with the people you're playing with.

In my experience the only players that make well-rounded characters and engage in the game outside of combat are the same type that what to have a say in what goes on in the world and help you with worldbuilding.

If your players only want to war game, let them war game, don't make them take edges they won't get the most out of, even if they're free. It just feels shitty for the players.
>>
>>55091405
I have never played savage world but if you give me this splatoon brew I will drop everything and play the shit out of it.
Don't forget to include octolings.
They integrate into inkling society well
>>
>>55092779
Any reason why you wouldn't do it at the beginning of each rank? Starting as a novice with an extra edge could be nice, as some people think novice characters are too samey and edges could also help curb that.
>>
>>55092873
It's still a WIP. I'm trying to figure out how to categorize the weapons.

Like where does a slosher fit? The role of a shotgun? A close ranged flamethrower?
>>
>>55092964
Flamethrower.
If you want a shotgun, look no further than the splatbrella
>>
>>55092800
My issue is more that a lot of cool things in Savage Worlds are gated behind edges for no good reason except to keep the base system simpler.

For instance, Herbalism in Hellfrost. Herbalism lets you do a bunch of cool small stuff, like stay awake longer, have moderate frostbite resistance for a few hours, smell really bad to animals, etc, at the cost of time, money, skills, and an edge. Nothing would change if it was just a new use of Knowledge: Alchemy except that players would have slightly more resources (an edge) for which to do things that presumably matter to their character, like be better at combat.

The list will also include things like the Leadership edges, which do have combat context, Improvisational Fighter, and Combat Reflexes. So if a player only wants to murder, this will give them options to increase their power laterally, rather than directly increasing their combat capabilities.

>>55092890
I thought about it, and decided that giving the reward at the end of the Rank, rather than beginning, worked better for my idea of a gradual progression, but nothing stops you from putting it at the beginning. If I do write something concrete up I'll make sure to either keep it rules optional or provide a variety of ways to implement it.
>>
>>55093097
I find that my players always avoid leader ship edges even though they can be useful to combat, and I think it's because they don't want any single character to be the leader. An edge almost makes it official, and my players always want complete equality.
>>
File: e9227fV.jpg.png (223KB, 909x663px) Image search: [Google]
e9227fV.jpg.png
223KB, 909x663px
>>55093070
Slatbrella's are awesome.

Oh, another question I had from the last thread:

Should I keep Inklings intolerance of water as a racial hindrance? It seems kind of silly that they dissolve in water.

>>55093097
I run my games a bit like a hybrid between Savage Worlds and the Storyteller system. We've given ranks to edges, and we increased the number of advances between ranks. My players seem to enjoy it, since they get that feeling of improvement multiple times after the end of a session.

So if a character takes it, they automatically get a dot in it. That dot lets them do all the things Herbalism does normally, gives them a +1 to any skill checks related to Herbalism, and that's only the beginning. Herbalism 2 would be something even better, with Herbalsim 5 being something crazy powerful. Haven't actually ran Hellfrost like that, just using Herbalism as an example for how we run things.
>>
>>55093138
If you ever do Hellfrost, they make it so that only people who share the same faction affiliation can gain the benefits of Command and the like, unless the one with Command is a bard.
So if you want to encourage Leadership edges being taken, either of those, might be a decent route.
>>
>>55093230
Dissolving in water seems the opposite of what a squid should do.
>>
File: 9745687521346845211.jpg (56KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
9745687521346845211.jpg
56KB, 600x582px
>>55093350
But it's what they do in Splatoon. Water's used as an environmental hazard.
>>
>>55093360
It would make sense only if you some they're actually made out of ink or something, but I'm thinking they are just squid people
>>
File: splatoon-clipart-6.png (826KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
splatoon-clipart-6.png
826KB, 1280x960px
>>55093430
According to the official Splatoon tumblr, they are.

>https://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/107608490289/breaking-news-one-of-our-interns-recently-saw-a

Like, do we stick with what's canon or no?
>>
>>55093493
Huh. Maybe keeping that isn't actually a bad idea if there is justification for it. A strange secret of the universe. Maybe it's waiting to be solved. Why are squid kids made out of ink?
>>
File: images.jpg (12KB, 187x270px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12KB, 187x270px
>>55093551
I think I'll say that the water is so polluted it's basically acid or bleach. Which means I can also create enemies that shoot bleach. Imagine a Roger Rabbit scene where an Inkling is getting the dip after being caught by some Sharks or something.
>>
>>55093493

Keeping it is probably fine as long as there's a mechanic for reconstituting them - it seems like it doesn't kill them so much as force them to take a setback.

One of the drawbacks of the stark white and black landscape could be that it's harder to come back there, seeing as the spawn points in the game are always considered inked.
>>
>>55094067
Well in game we see a small white ghost leave the pool of dissolved squid, and that makes it's way to the respawn point, where it gathers ink up and builds a new body.

Maybe the individual crews maintain their own spawn pools.
>>
>>55093551
It is kind of a bad idea if you just look at all the water all around the maps through out splatoon 1 and 2.
It doesn't make sense.
If you basically dissolve in water, why in the fuck would you keep it around everywhere? It is dangerous as all hell. Also, absolutely absurd from a evolutionary and biological standpoint. Especially in a world that is basically just water with islands here and there.
Inklings might be made out of ink (which is kinda weird because they still have a physical body with organs and stuff according to the game but whatever). Doesn't mean they can't swim.
I always thought of them going down in the water like "you can't use your ink in water so you are out of commission for the turfwar and therefor return to base." Thats just how turfwars work in game. I'm sure they can swim through water just fine. Let's just say they can't use their weapons in water, Can't swim as well in squidform (as a trade off for being able to swim through ink) if at all.
>>
>>55095174

I don't know, they seem to be able to get around just fine in ghost form. They just can't really interact with anything. Maybe the reliance on ink to form is something they evolved in the water to have selective solidity and it just carried over to land well?

I mean, obviously Nintendon't give a shit about this kind of speculation, but it's an intriguing idea.
>>
File: 2c5.png (2MB, 1280x1782px) Image search: [Google]
2c5.png
2MB, 1280x1782px
>>55095174
>>55095403
It's not like we're going for realism anyways. This is Splatoon being adapted to Savage Worlds.

My biggest concern is making the game feel like Splatoon.
>>
>>55095736

Fair. I like the idea of the crews keeping up their own spawn pools - it also reinforces the "rebel gang affiliation" part of it.
>>
>>55095878
The only thing I really want to change is Inklings being restricted to a single color combo. It doesn't really jive with graffiti or hip-hop at all. Unless Inkling gangs have made deals with each other to share ink, or there are wellsprings of ink that crews are fighting over?
>>
>>55095976

It seems like they can pretty much change their ink affiliation whenever, they just use opposing ones for turf wars. But the PCs would by necessity have to share the same ones in battle because you can't swim through ink that isn't your color... I kind of like the wellspring idea, creates excuses for turf wars.

And the idea of two crews having a turf war for fun while painting over an area, only uniting to stop the Orca minions, seems very Splatoon somehow.
>>
>>55093070
>If you want a shotgun
Why wouldn't you want a shotgun? You can hand it to some moron with a d4 in shooting and they hit 50% more often because muh buckshot. You stupid idiots don't undertand how guns work. This isn't fucking Call of Duty or Battlefield 3 where you point a shotgun in the vague direction of an enemy and kill them instantly. Shotguns are not good CQB weapons, they are barely even used by the army anymore lol. Semi-auto and auto rifles are king. This has been known for years. Even in pulp genre shotguns are not king, otherwise Indy would die the second some faggot Nazi pulled out a shotgun. But, I guess he could just soak it with a benny cause if there's one thing that makes sense it's a session-based resource that promotes metagaming because it has literally no connection to the in-game world.
>>
File: 1437111038225.jpg (2MB, 1364x890px) Image search: [Google]
1437111038225.jpg
2MB, 1364x890px
>>55096038
Maybe the PC's could carry tabs or PEZ dispensers that they can take as an action to change their color?

We could come up with a color wheel that adds effects, strengths, and weaknesses to each color.
>>
File: 2-1.jpg (915KB, 3541x1668px) Image search: [Google]
2-1.jpg
915KB, 3541x1668px
>>55096140
Oh, goodmorning Pastanon, I didn't refresh so I didn't see you there. How you doing?
>>
Whichever stupid fucking cunt came up with the Bennies in Savage Worlds honestly needs to get cancer of the ass. I mean there's a lot of shitty mechanics in that game, and really I think there are only one or two good things about Savage Worlds, but it would be a fine game if they took out of some of the retarded shit. For example Wild Dice which are meant to prevent PCs from failing because muh special plot armor. However, where the game really shits the bed, is with the bennies.

You get three bennies each session, so right away this is stupid shit. What if you run very short sessions, or sessions that are heavy on the roleplay? They suggest a four hour session but the bennies aren't per hour, they are based on out-of-game shit. So your best strategy is to get into the game, avoid rolling for anything, then do one combat and suddenly be fucking invincible because you have a shitload of bennies. Oh and you can take feats for more of them, you can have up to seven as a child halfling, and that's WITHOUT the gamemaster handing them out like candy, which he is supposed to.

Between bennies and wild die it is nearly impossible for the characters to fail at anything. They can use them to soak damage or even reroll damage in some games. Basically they are a win button for the PCs. And the worst part? Once you play Savage Worlds, the cancer of bennies will spread into your other games. Playing GURPS, or Dungeon World? Characters will fail a roll and literally ask "can I have a bennie?" No, go fucking kill yourself. The day I heard that was the last day I owned an intact Savage Worlds core book. It went in the trash, along with the rest of this fucking awful system.
>>
File: rdfyhZj_d.jpg (53KB, 618x558px) Image search: [Google]
rdfyhZj_d.jpg
53KB, 618x558px
>>55096203
This man caught Savage Worlds fucking his wife and has spent every day since speaking out against the system that cucked him.
>>
File: splatoon__by_clue000-d7luqdv.jpg (115KB, 822x971px) Image search: [Google]
splatoon__by_clue000-d7luqdv.jpg
115KB, 822x971px
>>55096203
I'm hear if you need to talk Pastanon.
>>
File: 1210392684543.jpg (51KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1210392684543.jpg
51KB, 720x400px
>>55096140
>>55096203
Show us on this doll where the system touched you, Virt.
>>
File: 1416001207406.jpg (14KB, 405x442px) Image search: [Google]
1416001207406.jpg
14KB, 405x442px
>>55096203
Speaking of bennies, did you know feminists think bennies are sexist?

http://www.gamingaswomen.com/posts/2012/03/game-design-and-sexism-player-feedback-mechanics/
>>
File: Inkling.(Splatoon).full.1885696.jpg (492KB, 858x1203px) Image search: [Google]
Inkling.(Splatoon).full.1885696.jpg
492KB, 858x1203px
>>55096315
>"I’ve also seen the reverse of this; the woman gets all the neat bennies because she’s the only woman in the game. And sexism turned on its head is still sexism."

I just. What? So because a GM is being sexist and favoring his female players, the mechanic is sexist?
>>
File: douse.jpg (96KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
douse.jpg
96KB, 1000x1000px
>>55096387
Don't reply seriously to the shitposter.

For whatever fucking reason, this one asshole in particular gets triggered by any mention of SW. Anything he posts is cancer, just ignore him.

Pic related: 100% doable in Savage Worlds, though dragons get their shit kicked in unless you buff them to hell.
>>
>>55096387
Seriously. Read the comments, too, it's filled with people validating her opinion or trying very hard to oppose it without offending her. I guess no one should be allowed to have fun, because it might offend somebody.
>>
File: qs3lG3G.jpg (245KB, 559x850px) Image search: [Google]
qs3lG3G.jpg
245KB, 559x850px
>>55096450
Sorry I'm just burnt out from working on the Splatoon splat and taking a break.
>>
>>55096450
I'm not the shit poster, I just happened to see the ranting about bennies and it reminded me of that article.
>>
File: 375469852145236587412456.jpg (111KB, 1280x978px) Image search: [Google]
375469852145236587412456.jpg
111KB, 1280x978px
>>55096503
I'm still having trouble understanding her point.

Anyways, could you guys give me some feedback on these racial traits for Inklings?

-Ink: Inklings gain a pool of Ink Points equal to 5 plus their Vigor Die. This Ink is used for many weapons, powers, and gadgets. Spent Ink is recovered at a rate equal to half their Vigor Die per round. An Inkling submerged in Ink recovers Ink at a rate equal to their Vigor Die instead.

-Darwinism: Inklings have the ability to assume a Medium Humanoid form at will as long as they have at least one Ink Point. This Humanoid form has two arms and two legs. The Inklings Attributes, Skills, and Edges do not change unless specified otherwise.

-Camouflage: Inklings may assume the primary color of a nearby surface at any time, giving them a +2 to Stealth checks to move or hide on any surface of the same color.

-Inkquatic: Inklings in Squid form can breath Ink, and move at their full Swim Speed. They Also get Swimming at d6 for free, but only when they're in Ink of their color.

-Hydrophobic: Each round an Inkling spends in contact with water reduces their Ink Points by 20 minus their Vigor Die.
>>
>>55096840
I think you're good, though difference in ink recovery between being submerged or not seems smaller than I expected.
>>
File: 139ed878d67be682a7d0ae408ba4ab22.jpg (403KB, 1000x708px) Image search: [Google]
139ed878d67be682a7d0ae408ba4ab22.jpg
403KB, 1000x708px
>>55096992
It's double the rate, I figured that was enough.

We could change to "An Inkling submerged in Ink recovers all of their Ink after at the end of the round.

I think I should also make it clear that Inklings in squid form don't get any benefits from their gear.
>>
>>55096450
>Pic related: 100% doable in Savage Worlds
It's also 100% doable in GURPS, FATE and dozens of other systems. Even d20 Modern. What's your fucking point?
>>
>>55091022
Ayy, happy to see we have a general again.

>What splats are you currently playing?
We don't really seem to do splats outside of grabbing a few weapons from the sci fi companion. Most of the time we use SW as a generic system for short 2-6 campaigns in homebrewed settings, played while we take breaks in our main game.

>What splats do you really want to play?
I'd like to try Deadlands, partially because it seems like neat setting and partially because i'd like to see all the stuff in SW that's been left over from the conversion (like the cards for initiative) actually make sense.

>What's your characters favorite color?
Uh...a nice beige? Not really something i've ever asked myself.
>>
>>55097083
This is the Savage Worlds thread.

And you know what system that isn't doable in?
Golden Sky Stories
>>
>>55091405
>random ass whales
>not just using Salmonids
Dummy
>>
>>55093430
Have you ever even played the game?
>>
>>55097229
Oh they'll be there too.

And Octarians.
>>
>>55097272
Seriously though, Salmonids are implied to be a nigh-apocalyptic force that signals the end of society and are shown to have some form of ancestor worship with generationally inherited weaponry. There's lots that can be done there.
>>
File: tumblr_oumvpgqADI1qhv8w1o4_1280.jpg (142KB, 800x814px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oumvpgqADI1qhv8w1o4_1280.jpg
142KB, 800x814px
>>55097361
They'll be in there man, don't worry.

The Whales are just big lumbering bureaucrats trying to impose their will on Squid society because they don't like color and loud noises.
>>
>>55095174
>If you basically dissolve in water, why in the fuck would you keep it around everywhere? It is dangerous as all hell.
Because they're obstacles for the turf wars and because Inklings are functionally immortal with their spawn points which as of Splatoon 2 have been shown to be able to be made mobile.
>>
>>55097401
It's also kind of hard to relocate an ocean or two.
>>
>>55097418
Especially with rising waters, which was the whole reason the Octarians got exiled underground.
>>
File: Aori.(Splatoon).full.2094274.jpg (2MB, 1548x2436px) Image search: [Google]
Aori.(Splatoon).full.2094274.jpg
2MB, 1548x2436px
>>55097497
Which gives me an idea of a whale boss that's trying to flood the city by bringing in a high tide.

Saving that idea. Thanks.
>>
Kronocalypse when

I want my dino fights
>>
File: 25031-88th-trans-co-Vietnam.jpg (67KB, 1200x811px) Image search: [Google]
25031-88th-trans-co-Vietnam.jpg
67KB, 1200x811px
I want to run a Vietnam campaign where the players escort convoys in a Gun truck. I might start them out with a Deuce and a half with two M60's like pic related, but they will be able to upgrade it in various ways (better weapons, more armor, a bigger truck, maybe even mounting the hull of an M113 or a quad 50.

The question is how to keep the players engaged after the first few convoy runs. Anyone have some ideas of random encounters?
>>
>>55097601
Weird War: Tour of Darkness, but it's for an older version of SW though.
>>
>>55097601
Enemy aircraft, blockades, checkpoints, and ambushes, someone in the convoy is dying so they're on the clock, they're helping to move munitions, POWs, or intel.

Lots of stuff you can do.
>>
Huh.

Not a lot of nitching in this thread. Surprising.

>>55091022
Currently not playing anything. Too busy with work. Nothing I really want to play anyways. For my last character, I'd say blue? Weirdly specific question.
>>
File: tumblr_nhx7h0vFms1u3akyno1_1280.jpg (930KB, 1280x1842px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhx7h0vFms1u3akyno1_1280.jpg
930KB, 1280x1842px
>>55093493
Obviously Inklings are a gaseous entity that constitutes a body out of ink. This is why they have so much control over their structure, hence the ability to turn into squids AND kids. It also explains the ghost squid we see when the body is splatted. That's the Inkling itself without its 'body".
>>
Inklings will be in my Savage Rifts game, D-bees who seemingly exist to paint the boring concrete and atlantean stone walls.
>>
this seems cool, but i'm retarded and despite reading the "what is savage worlds" bit on the official website, and reading its article on wikipedia, i still dont get it. can anyone explain please?
>>
>>55098865
What exactly do you want to know about it?
>>
>>55098922
well, what is it? is this like jumpchains or something? it seems like there's a set of rules that you just apply to whatever setting? just how does it work?
>>
>>55098940
It's a pulp action rpg, set up to be generic enough to run in any setting (as long as the setting allows for characters to be action heroes).

Checks are resolved by rolling your appropriate skill die and rolling an additional d6 wild die and taking the higher of the two. The dice explode as well, so rolling a 4 on a d4 means you roll it again and add your results (4>8>12>and so on). As long as you roll a 4, you succeed, though the higher you roll the better you do.

You can reroll your result by spending a Benny, a token you get every time you do something cool. It helps balance the dice, too, because they are rather swingy.

Savage Worlds is built to be very, very customizable, and an Anon in this thread is doing a very good job so far of building a Splatoon setting for the game.
>>
bump for squids
>>
>>55096840
Make that submerged in water, not in contact with. Inklings can stand in water fine as far as I know (see salmon run), just can't be submerged. Otherwise a bottle of water would be the deadliest thing in the world
>>
>>55097497
That was exactly my point, why the fuck a creature not be able to atleast swim when 90% of the world is flodded.
Not being able to use your ink everything and not being able to regen ink in water should be enough. Maybe a slow drain of ink till the last point, but they shouöd be able to swim
>>
>>55098245
What the fuck dude
>>
>>55100666
Yeah, it's not exactly the most consistent weakness, is it?

>>55100712
Well, as of now their Hindrance doesn't kill them outright, it just reduces their IP to 0, which means they can't maintain their Humanoid form.
>>
>>55101351
I guess its okay if they can only swim in water in squidform and can't use their ink (because 0 IP).
I shall stop complaining then. Atleast they can swim like this...
Which reminds me, what about drowning?
I would guess they need oxigen somehow.
>>
File: tumblr_o6b5lltBXR1qhv8w1o2_1280.jpg (160KB, 800x618px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6b5lltBXR1qhv8w1o2_1280.jpg
160KB, 800x618px
>>55101500
I can change their Inkquatic ability so they can breathe and swim in both Ink and water while in Squid form.

I've got to head to work though, I'll see you guys in ~10 hours.
>>
File: EVO.png (9KB, 296x270px) Image search: [Google]
EVO.png
9KB, 296x270px
An important part of any setting adaptation is not being too autistic about it.

Plus eventually Nintendo's going to catch wind of it and shut it down so you're going to have to refluff everything slightly differently anyway.
>>
File: 1263542158569.jpg (426KB, 903x976px) Image search: [Google]
1263542158569.jpg
426KB, 903x976px
Has anyone tried out a setting with characters in between Wild Cards and extras? I'm considering a high-lethality campaign where players start with rookie extras, and the survivors build up to hero status. I would say "kind of like XCOM," but it's exactly XCOM. Not even the new XCOM, but the old one where you fill the Avenger full of rookies and any survivors at all are a victory.

Anyway, there's three differences between wild cards and extras:

Bennies
Wild Die
Wounds (3)

Since it's five things, I'm picturing this as a pre-Novice rank, with semi-optional "wild card" edges that are basically a prerequisite to being worth emotional investment.

Good idea or too much faggotry?
>>
>>55101892
Don't know, slight levels of autism are not always wrong. High levels of autism are.
I had this group project with a literal autist and his autism saved everyones ass in the end.
Also, as far as I know are ttrpgs relatively save from the grasps of Nintendo as far as I know
>>
>>55097391
>>55091405
man I dont even play savage worlds I'm here off the frontpage and can I just say that's the single best tabletop interpretation of splatoon I've ever heard of

best of luck my man
>>
File: 20161223_120031.jpg (2MB, 2193x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161223_120031.jpg
2MB, 2193x2988px
I have a suggestion re: falling in water.

Obviously the water is no threat to an Inkling, but it IS a threat to their equipment. The ink used in Turf War games is highly water-soluble, and submerging one's weapon and supply tank is a surefire way to 'swamp' the ink inside as well as the pump system, making it runny and useless for painting things (or splatting other Inklings).

While it's POSSIBLE to purge your weapon of water in the field, it's time-consuming and difficult; in a combat situation most Inklings prefer to simply fetch a replacement from the team's base.
>>
>>55102207
I think the idea would work fine. If it were me, I'd probably do advancement:

Wound
Wound
Wild die
Bennies

Though switching around the bennies and wild die could work, too.
>>
>>55102389
That is plausible.
Very nice.
>>
>>55102414
This also allows for a gear curve that PnP games encourage that Splatoon does not necessarily follow; higher quality weapons and equipment can be waterproofed, allowing for amphibious operations.

Turf War is still impossible in a rainstorm, of course.
>>
So I have an idea I'm considering for my games, and I want to know if it's something I should go through with. I've never played it, but I've heard that in the Feng shui rpg, giving a name to an extra in that system boosts their power. Essentially, important characters have names, and giving a character a name is what makes him important enough to be a wild card.

I've heard that it stops characters from asking for random NPC's names, because it literally makes them harder to kill. Could I steal this idea for Savage Worlds? My players will ask for the name of literally everyone they meet, from old ladies to town guards. Upgrading an extra to a wild card is really simple, and it could stop my players from making me come up with names on the spot.
>>
>>55102430

The best and brightest gangs know that scuffling in a rainstorm is a fool's errand, so they retreat to the arcade, to settle their differences with Ink Ink Revolution.
>>
>>55102617
Can I get drawfaggotry of this right the hell now?
>>
>>55102637

I wish I could drawfag, Anon. But I cannot.
>>
>>55102430
Rain + Splatbrellas = Most Valuable Squid
>>
I'm working on a campaign setting where both the players and the creatures they're fighting will almost always have at least a little armor. Is it a terrible idea to combine armor and toughness and make AP a flat damage boost? It seems like it wouldn't change much, just make the math more streamlined
>>
>>55102617
Now I'm just imagining an arcade filled with Squid Yanki racing each other in those wicked arcade pods, and playing Su-Shi-Yo on those electronic card game machines.

Eventually someone looses their temper and paintball guns, sponge bats, and "denied" rubber stamp knuckles come out. They brawl it out until a single dot of paint gets on the head squids jacket. The entire arcade stands still, silent.

He stands up calmly, checks his pompadour, then leaps off the balcony and splats the poor sap who ruined his favorite jacket.

A rival team shows up to him chilling on a throne made of his men, all covered in Ink, tending to his hair.
>>
>>55104995
I already just tell my players "you can add up to x AP" because adding their AP to their attack is always faster than subtracting from toughness
>>
>>55096387
I think her point is that a peer approval mechanic is going to reinforce gender-specific attitudes within the group. Either the "no girls allowed" mentality that many geeks still hold on to or the whole "if I act extra nice to her, maybe she'll like me." Which I think more comes down to the fact there's no shortage of geeks who really never grew up mentally (I'd argue that to an extent, the hobby encourages you to not grow up, by pandering to nostalgia and a sense of frivolity).
>>
>>55106353
>>55096387
It's worth noting that this doesn't make such mechanics inherently sexist or anything like that, just that they can exacerbate and highlight previously existing attitudes.

At least, I think that's her point.
>>
>>55106353
>>55106366
At the same time, the complaint feels weirdly similar to the people here who ban non-core races from D&D to "discourage special snowflakes." These are interpersonal problems, and they need to be handled in an interpersonal way. You can't solve them with game mechanics any more than you can fix a system's slow, clunky combat by talking about your feelings. You need to learn to deal with your problems, and expecting other people (including game designers) to do it for you is just setting yourself up for unhappiness.
>>
>>55107111
I'll admit, I skimmed towards the end of the article, but I don't think her call is to ban these things, so much as relaying her personal experiences.
>>
>>55107417
I didn't get that impression either, but my point still stands. The problem is people, not mechanics, which makes complaining about the mechanics sort of beside the point.
>>
>>55107582
Maybe, but I don't think she's entirely without a point that such mechanics can be used to reinforce existing prejudices.

My problem with such complaints is that I don't think this is expressly a social justice concern so much as an innate problem of human social action and our predisposition towards establishing hierarchy.
>>
>>55107582
Her article is saying that the mechanics are sexist, and then explaining that her group is sexist. It's sexist because she isn't funny or creative, but she also wants to earn them, not have them handed to her. The article would be much better if it was presented as bennies being difficult to earn for shy people, but instead she generalizes that everything that's true for her must be true for all women. She's clearly just whiny and needs to have a talk with the people she's playing with instead of bitching about the rules on the internet.
>>
>>55105106
I would say that boss squid overreacted a little... because the ink would dissolve in 3 minutes and using a splashdown on on poor sob because of it is excessively violent. But hell yeah if I wouldn't go for stamp knuckles. That weapon sounds hella fresh my squigga. WORD!
>>
>>55105106
Rival gang should be sukeban.
Fuuuuck yesss...
>>
>>55107628
I don't think her complaints are baseless either. I just wish it was more framed in terms of how to deal with sexism at the table, maybe as it applies to bennies, etc. That's something people could use to tangibly improve their gaming experience.
>>
>>55107697
Just imagine big blocky and gold "Royal Seal" knuckles that add like a foot to your reach and hit like a truck.

I'll be off work in a couple hours. If you guys have any weapon ideas you'd like to explore/have added post them!
>>
File: tumblr_oc9gctpn5R1qhv8w1o1_1280.jpg (111KB, 700x692px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc9gctpn5R1qhv8w1o1_1280.jpg
111KB, 700x692px
>>55108474
Off work, so back to work on Splatoon.
>>
I was thinking of a system for a game akin to Gears of War, Starship Troopers, Resistance, or any other infantry vs aliens and monsters on a full scale war set up.

Would it be worth it to try and squeeze it into Savage Worlds' vanilla stuff?
>>
>>55110353
We had some good ideas while you were gone.
>>55108474
>>55102389
>>55105106
>>
File: tumblr_nvjys6kh9m1qhv8w1o1_1280.jpg (164KB, 800x1176px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvjys6kh9m1qhv8w1o1_1280.jpg
164KB, 800x1176px
>>55110624
I saw!

The arcade and the "Royal Seal" were me though.

I really like the idea of higher tier gear being water proofed. Squid's in wetsuits might be a bit magical realm though.
>>
>>55110676
Wetsuits and nothing else would be not fresh
>>
>>55110509
SW can do it. Combat slows down when you have lots and lots of combatants, but that's true for every system, and SW handles it better than most. Armor is needlessly complex, but there's an easy fix in the Savage Armory fan splat, along with rules for weapon creation. Also keep in mind it's a high lethality system, at least right out of the box. It'll be much more Starship Troopers than Gears of War.

Also, you're almost always better of molding an existing system to your needs instead of making a new one out of whole clothe. SW is piss easy to mod and homebrew for. I'd give it a look.
>>
>>55100712
>why the fuck a creature not be able to atleast swim when 90% of the world is flodded.
Because it's a fucking videogame, faglord
>>
>>55110914
I'll add variations of weapons that are innately water proof as well as upgrades, powers, and consumable items that do the same.

Things like one way valves, rubber and plastic seals, silicon sprays, and so on.
>>
>>55110927
>Armor is needlessly complex, but there's an easy fix in the Savage Armory fan splat
I have the Savage armory and I'm not sure what you're referring to
>>
>>55110927
Thanks. I'll check that out. I figured I'd keep the mass battles as background action, like stray shots blowing out a wall and providing cover, but I want the players to feel like they're part of something more than just a 4 man crew.

Any recommendation on where I can check out monsters? I'm reading through Hell on Earth currently.
>>
>>55111111
Nevermind, I just googled and found the Savage Worlds Free Bestiary. Sorry to waste sexts on this.
>>
File: tumblr_ovcvhyh1UB1qhv8w1o1_1280.jpg (152KB, 800x874px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovcvhyh1UB1qhv8w1o1_1280.jpg
152KB, 800x874px
>>55111169
>Sorry to waste sexts on this.
I'm sorry, what?
>>
>>55111071
Simplified armor, page 18
>>55111111
>I figured I'd keep the mass battles as background action, like stray shots blowing out a wall and providing cover, but I want the players to feel like they're part of something more than just a 4 man crew.
This is EXACTLY what extras are for.
>>55111169
The scifi companion has some neat ones as well
>>
>>55111225
Thanks, I miss have missed that.
>>
>>55111238
I'm pretty sure one of the OP troves is still up, check that out too.
>>
>>55093097
I'd honestly remove the cost of herbalism and throw in a d6 in the skill for free when you buy it.
>>
>>55111071
I think kevlar. I am like 90% sure the only complex armor in savage worlds is kevlar. The thing later books just kind of started ignoring the existence of.
>>
>>55111694
Breaking down full plate into 3 different pieces that all have the same armor value was totally unnecessary, especially for a game that runs on action movie logic. And I just generally prefer breaking down armor into light, medium, and heavy and fluffing the appearance however you want
>>
>>55097648
I have it, that's why I'm trying to run it. I might have them transport things for Phoenix Program or CIA Black CATS, maybe have a captured ape demon escape.

>>55097660
The question is how do I keep convoys interesting, I mean it would display the drudgery and repetitiveness of the military, but I think they'll get tired of it unless I can change things up.
>>
>>55097229
>toothed whales
>random
You're aware of what they eat, right?
>>
>>55111814
>Breaking down full plate into 3 different pieces that all have the same armor value was totally unnecessary
Sometimes a man just wants a breast plate and nothing else because that's the most likely place you'll be hit in savage worlds. Or you know. Conquistador swag.

Sometimes you just want a single plate arm for style points.
>>
>>55111936
I did a terrible job explaining that. The Savage Armory rules give you that option too, it just gives full coverage by default. You can also break down light and medium armor by location. So, it starts off simpler and more consistent than core, but also gives you a lot more options if you want them.
>>
>>55111855
>The question is how do I keep convoys interesting, I mean it would display the drudgery and repetitiveness of the military, but I think they'll get tired of it unless I can change things up.

They don't JUST do the convoys. The convoys mostly happen in the background. They might run point on valuable cargo or show up if trucks are getting ambushed, but otherwise they're at a hospital figuring out which of the surgeons is secretly a vampire (it's the one wearing the opera cape in the OR), or getting sent deep into the bush to "rescue a critical asset" but really to take out a VC leader and then get stalked by an alien warrior.
>>
>>55111999
It's autistic as fuck and it "simplifies" gear by making it incredibly fucking complicated. It's tolerable for magic gear construction but is definitely a major step up in the why-are-we-worrying-about-this-shit-again department.

Three piece plate armor bothers you, make it one piece and don't worry about it. That is how we roll.
>>
>>55111999
I mean I can kind of get behind that. Light armor for the limbs, med for the torso as a norm seems like it would promote more called shots and that's nice.
>>
File: file.png (358KB, 680x504px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
358KB, 680x504px
Savage Worlds is a very flexible system
>>
>>55111855
Have you played the Banner Saga, Oregon Trail, or Organ Trail?
>>
File: squid mama.png (444KB, 680x966px) Image search: [Google]
squid mama.png
444KB, 680x966px
>>55112103
More squid mamas
>>
>>55112065
It makes it simple by starting it off simple but giving you room to complicate it if that's how you get your jollies, is my point
>>
>>55112153
Be my guest anon.

Anyone want to take a look at these racial traits and hindrances before we finalize them?

Ink: Inklings gain a pool of Ink Points equal to 5 plus their Vigor Die. This Ink is used by many Weapons, Powers, and Gadgets. Spent Ink is recovered at a rate equal to half the Inkling's Vigor Die per round. An Inkling that spends a round submerged in Ink recovers all of it's Ink at the end of the round.

Darwinism: Inklings have the ability to assume a Medium Humanoid form at will as long as they have at least one Ink Point. In this form, an an Inkling gains the ability to use Weapons and other Gear. It's Attributes, Skills, Powers, and Edges do not change unless specified otherwise.

Camouflage: Inklings may assume the primary Color of a nearby surface at any time, giving them a +2 to Stealth checks to move or hide on any surface of the same Color.

Inkquatic: Inklings in Squid form can breath Ink and water, move at their full Swim Speed through Ink of their current Color and water, and they also get Swimming at d6 for free.

Hydrophobic: Each round an Inkling spends Soaked with water reduces their Ink Points by 20 minus their Vigor Die. An Inkling Submerged in water at the end of their turn losses all of their Ink Points.

Squidling: An Inkling outside of it's Humanoid form is Small in Size, and is unable to wield Weapons or wear Clothing or Gear of any kind.
>>
>>55112213
Those look solid. Personally I don't have anything to add.
>>
>>55112213
>Each round an Inkling spends Soaked with water reduces their Ink Points by 20 minus their Vigor Die.
Just say they don't regenerate their IP.
>>
>>55112593
Yeah thats way better
>>
File: tumblr_ovcvhyh1UB1qhv8w1o2_1280.jpg (287KB, 1000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovcvhyh1UB1qhv8w1o2_1280.jpg
287KB, 1000x1414px
>>55112593
>>55112684
Are we trying to make their Ink pool more durable, reduce the amount of math involved, or give Inklings a way to shower without going Squid?
>>
>>55112767
I guess a little bit of all of these?
>>
File: 3050e857efe0173dad81779cdd978bef.jpg (383KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3050e857efe0173dad81779cdd978bef.jpg
383KB, 500x1000px
>>55112843
>Hydrophobic: An Inkling Soaked with water can no longer recover Ink. An Inkling Submerged in water at the end of their turn losses Ink Points equal to 20 minus their Vigor Die.

How's this instead? I kind of want to tie Vigor into it somehow, to give characters with high enough Die a chance to stay Humanoid and in the fight.
>>
Ooh neat, a Savage Worlds thread. I don't want to derail a really cool looking homebrew discussion with too much general chatter, but I've been eyeing up this system lately and I have a few questions:

Savage Worlds is billed as a "generic" system, but lot of the discussions I've read online say this system is best suited for action heavy pulp-y games. Are there any types of campaign (say, investigation heavy games) that you would say are inadvisable to run in the system?

Also: I know that you use cards for initiative in this system, but does anyone have any experience with those Savage World "Adventure Decks" of cards that they advertise on their site? They seem interesting but I don't know anything about how they function in play.
>>
>>55112907
Sounds good
>>
>>55113055
The system is very customizable, so you can run a lot of different things by plugging in or removing different optional rules, but your players are usually big heroes. When they succeed, they can really succeed thanks to exploding dice and bennies. I've never personally run a game that didn't fit, but I've only done modern or fantasy.

Horror I think can suffer if you run the rules straight. In my last session I used horror rules for a ritualist cult, and the players caused them to fail a ritual check. They summoned an elder god. This wasn't a horror setting, however, and so the rules were set up for a fantasy game. A player managed to stab the elder god in one of it's eyes and his damage dice exploded like crazy due to the setting rule we were using where you can spend a Benny to reroll damage. The elder god essentially died, or whatever is close to death for that type of creature. If you were playing a straight up cthulhu game with that rule established, that would have been bullshit.
>>
>>55113055
>>55113283
I should have added, there are rules that can make the game work for cthulhu style horror, like all wounds causing injuries and stuff, but exploding dice always can make you greatly succeed, and if you remove the exploding dice people feel you're removing something that makes the game Savage Worlds. You almost can't remove it for skill checks, as succeeding at an unskilled roll basically requires the die exploding.
>>
>>55112907
I say you should change the name. Hydrophobic compounds generally don't dissolve in water.

Something like "Soluble" would be better.
>>
Savage Armory is great, but it interfaces poorly with the rest of the system. You basically have to accept that vehicular and siege weaponry will be constructed in an entirely different fashion, because nothing you build with it will even come close.
>>
Don't be a Squid-fiddler
>>
>>55114264
You can just give those higher point value and make a pair of perks/drawbacks that are something like "Super high damage/mounted"" or something.
>>
>>55091022
second trove link is dead
>>
I'd like to know how this turns out
>>
File: 1495062914888.jpg (401KB, 760x749px) Image search: [Google]
1495062914888.jpg
401KB, 760x749px
>>55114527
I have no idea what you are talking about anon.
>>
>>55116463
I honestly prefer to just not use Savage Armory for anything but medieval fantasy.

The lack of an ammo mechanic kills my appreciation of it anyway. While I think the way ammo is tracked in most games is stupid, I do feel it's essential for certain things (e.g. basically any survival scenario).
>>
>>55116745
Limited ammo could just be another drawback.
>>
>>55102207
Beasts and Barbarians has something kinda like this. You have options for 'right hand man' types who only have one wound but get a wild die, or henchmen leaders who get three wounds but no wild die.

You could always start them as something like that and turn extra wounds/wild die into "edges" to get them to novice equivalent
>>
>>55116736
>>
File: Mating TRexes.jpg (400KB, 638x682px) Image search: [Google]
Mating TRexes.jpg
400KB, 638x682px
Are there any settings with statted out dinosaurs? I want to throw my players into a Land of the Lost kind of thing.
>>
>>55118510
Kinda weirdly, one of the science fiction settings is on a Land of the Lost style planet. That would be your best bet, though honestly, making enemies in Savage Worlds is incredibly easy.

Just give most of the big dinos 1d12+2+ Strength and Vigor, some armor, and that's a template you can use for anything bigger than a VWBug.
>>
>>55118223
So...
How long till I can get my team playing savage world splatoon and roleplay our struggles against rival gangs while we fight for turf in the back alleys of inkopolis?
I need this to get my stupid cephalopod ass to read through the core rules of savage world
>>
>>55118560
Yeah, I was looking up the approximate toughness for size +4 creatures (10ish, btw, or maybe 11(2)) when it occurred to me that someone else had probably already done this and I might as well steal their shit.

Any idea of which sf setting?
>>
>>55118824
Well, I'm still chewing through all of the items and upgrades when I'm not at work. I'm going to be conservative and say Sunday is when I'm going to have a working copy.

I'm only planning on building enough for one rank at the moment, once we agree on what we like, we'll expand another rank.
>>
>>55119295
Thank you for what you doing friend
>>
>>55118510
Here you go, friend.

http://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorlds/monster.html

This website is a repository for custom Savage Worlds monsters. Just type dinosaur into the keyword box and you'll get a treasure trove. Works for nearly any monster. They even have mind flayers and beholders.
>>
>>55118510
>>55119373
The first few results for dinosaur aren't gonna be what you want, by the way. But scroll down, they're all there.
>>
>>55119373
That's awesome. Adding that to the OP.

>>55119347
I'm just happy people are actually interested. Hopefully we can run enough play tests to actually create a balanced product.
>>
>>55119446
Hey when it comes to splatoon, I'm all over it.
I seriously rarely got so hyped about a game before splatoons initial reveal and subsequent release.
And I love Tabletop RPGs alot.
So when I saw that someone was actually doing something to combine both, you bet your ass I jump on it like mr. Grizz jumps on powereggs.
>>
>>55119373
Thanks, anon! I didn't know this existed
>>
>>55119446
I'd certainly give any attempt at a splatoon rpg a try at least once if you finish something.
>>
>>55122358
No problem. Since I already have a Savage Worlds website I use, I might as well give the other one in case no one has seen it.

https://jdgwf.github.io/savage-worlds-web-tools/#/

This website has several tools for Savage Worlds, including a character builder that uses the official books and repository for extras. As well as a few other things, those being sci-fi tools.
>>
>>55116755
Which you then have to apply to and customize for everything. Great.

>>55117197
Ah the good old tough extra/wild extra options. There is also the option of what I call a pseudo-wildcard. D4 wild, single benny, 2 wounds. They're functionally pretty close to being halfway between a mook and a wildcard.
>>
>>55111033
A bit late to reply, but you can easily justify the rarity or cost of such gear by pointing out that all rubber is derived from one of two places:

-fermented sap of the rubber tree, which must grow on land in a flooded world, or:
-petroleum, derived from oil.

Oil sealants like silicone and vaseline are made of siloxanes, which are also petroleum derivatives.

As such, while rubber is hard to make and maintain, it's not impossible - rubber farms would be key to any military industry, and therefore locations of extreme import. Inorganic sealants that can make equipment TRULY waterproof, however, are exceedingly rare and expensive in a world without human industry. You can try by using animal based sealants like lard, but they're unstable and decay over time when exposed to air and sunlight. In addition, if left unattended, they harden, solidifying into a thick gluey goop that will make machinery stick instead of lubricating it.

Pic related; siloxane is the primary compound used in the production of most sealants.
>>
>>55122785
I'm honestly not sure where Inkling's get all of the plastic that we see in the game. But the amount of it that we see suggests that either the oil business is booming, or they've found some alternative methods of plastic and rubber production.

I'll dig through the wikis and fandom when I get home and see if Nintendo has a canon reason for it.
>>
>>55122951
95% sure it's handwaved as just being an aesthetic thing.

But we can get around that by declaring that Inklings' plastics are not OUR plastics; they either don't allow creation of inorganic sealants, or they become soluble when liquid, or any number of other chemical technobabble.

The only reason I offer this justification is because it stands up to any scrutiny short of actually having a degree in chemistry (which I do). Just to help the suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>55122951
I'd scoff at you and say, "there won't be a reason it's just a video game." Except that Nintendo does hint at a pretty unique world for the game and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there was actually a reason put out there.
>>
File: IMG_1764.jpg (77KB, 1088x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1764.jpg
77KB, 1088x553px
>>55102207
Honestly: if you pitched me the idea I'd show up to your game. The minute you told me how retardly frail the PCs are, I wouldn't show up for another session.

The only way I'd play this is if it were more a narrative war game and we get a squad of these rookies to work with.
>>
>>55123064
>>55123073
In all honesty, I might just wave it as well. Inklings disolve because they're somehow living, sapient, and sentient ink, and judging from the animations in game, they have the power to convert their equipment to ink.

I say we've passed the point where logic applies.

>>55123247
Squad combat is a lot of fun. My group is overdoing it at the moment, but moving squads of mooks around a battlefield has been a lot of fun.
>>
>>55122785
>>55122951
>>55123064
>>55123073
The problem is not "human industry" honestly. It is rather living space. When 90% of the planet is flooded (which is just a crapshoot because we don't know how flooded it is actually, all we know it is 'very much' flooded) farming materials is hard.
Plastic is easier because it is much easier to produce and get materials for. Still, flooded world.
It is very likely that they found a sea dwelling and organic alternative for their Ressource troubles to produce rubber and plastic. Also, it is probably some other material inklings invented that is simular to plastic/rubber, but also possible to 'turn' into ink and back to physical form.
Anyways, I like the idea of having silicon based, waterproof gear be rare because Ressourceshortages.
>>
File: images_(2).jpg (29KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
images_(2).jpg
29KB, 600x502px
>>55124524
>why can they turn their gear into ink and back?
Nanomachines, son!
>>
>>55124675
I was toying with the idea of a lot of their material goods being recycled from things left behind by human industry. We already know they're aware that humans used to exist, since it's canon that their culture, writing, and a lot of their tech is derived directly from humanity.

Heck, maybe Inklings and Octolings were originally humans trying to adapt to their new habitat with "Science!" and it went terribly wrong.
>>
>>55124735
Splatoon: Metal Gear Liquid
>>
>>55124768
Naaa they just evolved. That is canon. Octopuses evolved into horrible mosters that shed tentacles (and those tentacles become octarians) while nautilus, cuttlefish and squids became inklings.
Also, octarians recycled their stuff out of human junk, inklings didn't. Inklings have the space and resources for industry.
>>
>>55096203
I played in a pulp scifi oneshot as a kid-mechanic and I went all-out on bennies, I had like 5 of them. Shit was mad fun, rolling d4's and failing except when success mattered so I bled the bennies out the ass.
>>
>>55125163
It does raise the question why sea creatures would evolve to walk on land once the world was flooded. Seems like they'd have even more reason to stay in the water.
>>
>>55125314
Or how they evolved so quickly.
>>
>>55125358
>>55125314

Mother nature is a sick little shit I guess.
>>
>>55125163
It's also canon that Inklings aren't %100 sure what they are or where they came from. Nintedo likes to keep details like that open, because speculative discussion = free advertising.
>>
>>55125314
Dude, I know we're a bunch of nerds but this is a Nintendo game world. It's pretty obvious that the answers to the big questions such as evolution or biology is "because it's a video game." Not very many people ask "Gee, why does Mario need to jump on top of the turtles to defeat them instead of hitting them with a pipe wrench?" Or ponder the mating habits of the Goombah mushroom people.
>>
>>55125710
>Or ponder the mating habits of the Goombah mushroom people.
I mean I'd figure spores. Doesn't seem like something that would require debate.
>>
>>55125710
Do Goomba's have a heat cycle?
>>
>>55125737
Yes. They like to deposit their eggs into kidnapped princesses.
>>
>>55125709
They don't fully know, yes, but we do. Thanks to the splatoon art book.
>>
File: elohel.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
elohel.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>it's a shotguns, inititiave, bennies, and exploding dice episode
>>
Savage Worlds is a shitty system that tries too hard to reinvent the wheel. The exploding die and raise mechanics make any form of encounter balance/planning impossible. A rank 1 novice can one-shot a dragon with lucky die rolls using his fist. The system boasts that bennies are used for "cool things" like players changing narrative or pulling off impossible stunts, but players just hoard them for use as extra hit points. The chase system (any iteration of it) is an absolute shit storm of retardation. The 3-wound limit is just plain bad game design. The community is full of sad 40-something-year-old zealots who foam at the mouth at any notion of house ruling the assy mechanics. Shotguns are utterly broken and despite having the same average damage as a rifle, end up dealing twice as much because of exploding dice. The entire game works on a fucktarded tabletop scale so you either have to use miniatures for EVERY combat or have fun doing extra math every time you want to figure out range penalties. It's like the worst parts of FATE and GURPS put together, with none of the upsides. Don't play it. Leave it in the trash where it belongs.
>>
File: tumblr_os49giQnRn1qhv8w1o1_1280.jpg (231KB, 800x981px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_os49giQnRn1qhv8w1o1_1280.jpg
231KB, 800x981px
>>55127450
Good morning pastanon!

How are you?
>>
>>55125358
>2000 years
Quickly is an understatement.

The Splatoon setting, like all Nintendo settings, has no internal consistency and is not comparable to the real world.

Really no point in trying to make sense of it for the sake of an adaptation no one is going to play.
>>
>>55127760
You'd think he'd try to vary the language a little so it wasn't totally obvious it's the exact same shitposter making the exact same complaints
>>
>>55128088
Nice assumptions there, kid
>>
File: 273.png (246KB, 577x559px) Image search: [Google]
273.png
246KB, 577x559px
>>55128088
But then he wouldn't be Pastanon!
>>
>>55128088
>>55128176
i only just pasted that from a post someone else made in the previous thread because i agreed with some of it and thought it was funny, thinking that there's only one single person that wants to laugh at you or your chosen system is a silly assumption lol
>>
File: Ye Old Pretending.jpg (262KB, 651x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Ye Old Pretending.jpg
262KB, 651x1600px
>>55128249
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO
>>
File: tumblr_o13ptn6wVl1qhv8w1o2_1280.jpg (151KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o13ptn6wVl1qhv8w1o2_1280.jpg
151KB, 800x532px
>>55128088
>>55128249
See! Told you he's Pastanon!

Why else would he be sharing pasta?
>>
>>55128311
>>55128320
He's so desperate for (you)'s he responded to my post twice. Why would you give him (you)'s? That's like giving drugs to a junkie, you're only hurting him in the long run.
>>
>>55128390
I'm just being obnoxiously friendly, that's all.

Hey, so what do you guys think about dried ink/colored powder as a tear gas and other area denial or crowd control weapons?
>>
>>55128437
I'd say that's a good addition. How are you going to handle it mechanically?
>>
File: 1276239788527.jpg (19KB, 366x274px) Image search: [Google]
1276239788527.jpg
19KB, 366x274px
>>55119373
Thanks for this, it seems like a really great resource.

Is there a way to make suggestions or corrections for the stats? Whoever statted everything out was overly generous with sizes and things like notice rolls.

For example, the T-Rex has size +10, equivalent to a Kraken or a Leviathan, and a Notice roll of D12+7. I assume so it can literally notice the plot and show up whenever it is needed.
>>
>>55124837
>Splatoon: Metal Gear Lisquid
FTFY
>>
File: tumblr_oc9gctpn5R1qhv8w1o2_1280.jpg (153KB, 700x1304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oc9gctpn5R1qhv8w1o2_1280.jpg
153KB, 700x1304px
>>55128475
As canisters that can be launched, thrown, rolled, placed, dropped, or rigged as a trap. When they go off they create a cloud of chalk/powder that applies Ink of a set color to all who walk through it, kinda like if you try to swim through enemy ink. Also, some upgrades would let you apply status effects like blindness or fatigue.

It'd be a consumable item that you can make or buy outside of combat, or maybe a squid can bring empty canisters and fill them up from a special tank.
>>
>>55128476
I don't know how to contact the site owner, but I did notice as well that some creatures are kinda OP. Still, it's a pretty handy tool.
>>
>>55128476
>and a Notice roll of D12+7. I assume so it can literally notice the plot and show up whenever it is needed.
fucking kek
>>
>>55128476
That's fucking amazing. Especially considering t-rex is literally one of the defining keywords of size +7.
>I assume so it can literally notice the plot and show up whenever it is needed.
I believe that'd be a tracking roll no?
>>
>>55128755
That's okay, its tracking is D12+7 too.

Once it notices the plot, it can follow it through a SyFy B-movie and ambush the party on the other side.
>>
>>55129216
Spicy.
>>
File: 47a.jpg (107KB, 571x800px) Image search: [Google]
47a.jpg
107KB, 571x800px
See you guys in the morning.
>>
>>55130271
DON"T BE A SQUID-FIDDLER!

You're thinking about committing bestiality, don't add pedophilia to your crimes.
>>
>>55122728
>Which you then have to apply to and customize for everything. Great.

Turn it around and make "unlimited" a perk then, applied to weapons that you can forage ammo for easily (slingshots?).

You can make a second tier of "limited ammo" for weapons which guzzle ammunition like machine guns and stuff.

Rockets would be considered basically just one time use items.

I mean, I thought about this in 5 seconds, you should really exert your brain muscles just a bit.
>>
>>55128437
Well... there is the poison mist already. Soo....
>>
>>55133163
Why would I spend that much time and effort to twist and contort a system into something it clearly cannot handle though?
Much simpler just to make a list of guns fit for purpose from scratch or using whatever's already close enough as a starting point.

Why constrain your creativity to a system of rules if you're just going to break them anyway? Entirely pointless extra steps.
>>
>>55133368
>add a new perk/drawback

>YOU ARE CONTRORTING THIS SYSTEM USING PERKS AND DRAWBACKS INTO SOMETHING IT WASN'T MEANT TO DO!

What the fuck man?
>>
>>55133389
>Saying "just fix it" is a solution.
Saying something has limited ammo as a general rule means nothing when you then have to determine how to define that.

Like you're suggesting a system significantly more complex than the problem it aims to simplify.
>>
>>55133437
My point is that you can interface with it easily.

Yes, you'll have to make up what "limited ammo" means, and how you want that to affect your campaign (Go Metro and have it literally be your currency?), but after you are done with that, you can still just slap a point cost on it and use it to eyeball weapons with SA. There's no point in not using the book because it's not like the core rulebooks helps you with that any more than it does.
>>
Are these races balanced? Running SW for the first time and it'll be these plus regular humans.

Fishmen
>Water Born: +4 bonus to resist cold, pressure and suffocation.
>Semi-aquatic: Gain Fatigue level every 15 minutes he holds his breath; on reaching Incapacitated, must make Vigor roll every minute or drown; Fatigue recovers one level per 15 minutes back in air.
>Simple mind: -2 Charisma, except when dealing with other fishmen.

Woosdmen
>Agile: Starts with d6 Agility.
>Hunter: Starts with d6 Survival.
>Bloodthirsty: The curse of the Rajatam still lingers upon you, dulling your mind and compelling you to violent actions.

Desert Folk
>Miners and Traders: Starts with d6 Strength.
>Desert Folk: +4 bonus to resist heat.
>Born Fighters: +1 Reach.
>Stringent: Agility requires two points per step to raise during character generation.

Mountain Folk
>Hardy: A second Shaken result in combat does not cause a Wound.
>Slow: Base pace of 5" instead of 6".
>>
I'm looting this idea for my Necromunda gang. They'll be the freshest scavvies this side of the sump!
>>
File: 5ff.png (477KB, 680x952px) Image search: [Google]
5ff.png
477KB, 680x952px
>>55131786
The squid are safe anon.

>>55133218
Yeah I know, But variety is a good thing.

Maybe the powder sticks with the victim, who spreads it everywhere the walk?
>>
>>55102207
I had this same idea before. Beasts and Barbarians has inbetween ranks for villains, with one having Wild Die but no extra wounds, and another having extra wounds, but no Die. I'd jsut go full "everyone's an extra until they're not" and instantly advance them to full Wildcard eventually.
>>
>>55097083
>GURPS
cancer
>d20 Modern
extreme cancer
>FATE
Not cancer, but not quite as satisfying to roll an obscene amount of damage and vaporise an enemy in.
>>
>>55134700
Well, shit. I guess.
Its like, poison mist is like a stronger version of the disruptor and that thing you proposed is like another stronger version, just with a different variation.
I guess its fine then.
It sorta like an anti-bubbler. The bubbler special spreads to people you touch and protects them, this thing spreads to people and disrupts them.
Maybe call it something like Inky Haze?
>>
>>55134454
If you built them with the race building rules then they're as balanced as you're gonna get. Sometimes, even when you zero sum their traits, some races are naturally better than others, but I find it's still ok. They don't have to be perfectly balanced.
>>
Roll off against an NPC.
Character has d12. NPC has d4.
NPC explodes 4 times and wins because character only rolls a 3.
NPCs should not be able to beat character if they have such lower stats but do.
Discuss why this makes game awful.
>>
>>55139715
Hi Pastanon! I thought you were usually asleep this early?
>>
>>55139715
Roll to hit charterter
Critical hit
Get mad
>>
>>55141506
>be towelhead dhurka dhurka
>done poo in bush
>see Amerifit tacticool
>fire surplus M-4 I get from cousin
>Amerifit infidel dies
>Allah is wise and merciful
>Amerifit's battle butt buddies kill me
>get 72 male gamers in Heaven
>>
>>55141584
Throw rock at man
Hit temple and he die
Not likely to happen
But it do
So angered
>>
>>55141763
You am go to far!
You am play God!
>>
>>55096387
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRquPxdHNGE
This is the mindset you are dealing with
>>
>>55133787
Ok I get that you really like savage armories, but
>There's no point in not using the book
Nah. Why make more rules for a system so that it can approximate what I want to do? When I can just do what I want to do. Hell they're a decent enough chance that one of books I've read previously already has any basic/normalish thing I'd need just a copy/ paste away.
It's just adding a bunch of extra steps on for no gain. Sole reason to use savage armories is if you're new to savage worlds or are bad at math, but still want to homebrew. In that case it can act as a guideline so you don't end up breaking things too hard. Otherwise a quick read through to see another person's ideas on the customization of weapons and it's done.
>>
File: 146.jpg (63KB, 680x988px) Image search: [Google]
146.jpg
63KB, 680x988px
>>55136679
Sounds good.

Does anyone remember if we ever see Inklings come in contact with soap or other cleaning supplies? I'd like to make some healing/support equipment that removed enemy ink. Maybe a shop-vac?
>>
File: 1268801466163.jpg (287KB, 736x904px) Image search: [Google]
1268801466163.jpg
287KB, 736x904px
>>55102207
>>55102409
>>55117197
>>55135834

Actually, this site
>>55119373
also has a crude combat simulator where I could toggle all of the Wild Card options separately:
http://www.godwars2.org/SavageWorlds/combat.html

tl;dr The Wild Die is far and away the most powerful thing wild cards get. It's on par with the more overpowered edges like First Strike, or something like three extra bennies.

So, my current plan:
Bennies are free, since they're per-player anyway
Wild die edge
Wounds edge
Background edge - major hindrance + 1 advance (ideally related)
Background edge - 2 minor hindrances + 1 advance (ideally related)

>>55123247
>The only way I'd play this is if it were more a narrative war game and we get a squad of these rookies to work with

Yes, that's the idea. Throw rookies by the handful into the grinder, keep what survives, kick ass with the veterans.
>>
>>55144274
Hmmm... I guess since ink disappears over time because of micro organisms in the ink, it would fade faster if you had some kind of medicine that would make these things more active?
But styling them after cleaning supplies sounds good. Like a cleaning spray or something.
>>
File: a52.jpg (48KB, 680x732px) Image search: [Google]
a52.jpg
48KB, 680x732px
>>55144390
So shop-vacs, giant spray bottles, scrubbing sponges and brushes, those little detergent and dish soap packets.
>>
>>55144472
Depends on how you want them to be used?
>>
File: 744.jpg (44KB, 680x687px) Image search: [Google]
744.jpg
44KB, 680x687px
>>55144762
Shop-vac would be constant healing at a range if you have a way to power it.

Spray bottle would be healing at a range.

Sponges and brushes would be close or personal healing.

Those little detergent packs would be used to recover from Shaken or something.

All could be used to remove enemy ink from a surface.
>>
File: 1c8.png (544KB, 580x750px) Image search: [Google]
1c8.png
544KB, 580x750px
See you guys tomorrow.
>>
I'm planning a Deadlands campaign for my friends when we're finished with our Chronicles of Darkness one. Only thing I don't seem to get is damage. How does it work?
>>
>>55148118
Damage roll (usually 2d6 for pistols) vs target toughness.

If it beats it, the target is Shaken and must make a Spirit roll on its turn or lose its action due to bein a yeller bellied coward. A second shaken result generally counts as a wound.

If it beats it with a raise (4 above threshold), that's an automatic wound for each raise. If the target doesn't have wounds, which most npcs don't, it is incapacitated and out of the fight.

Wounds aren't like most RPGs, where you can keep fighting as long as you're above 0 hp. Each wound inflicts a cumulative -1 to all rolls. Plan to keep some bennies around to Soak any wounds you receive.

Soak rolls are simple Vigor rolls done by spending a benny when wounds are received. Each success/raise removes an incoming wound.

Incapacitated characters have the usual "roll to avoid bleeding out," and downed wild cards get a special injured body part table just for them, if they survive.
>>
>>55148453

Ooh, got it. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>55148649
Where (in the Weird West) are you setting it?
>>
>>55149195

I don't actually know. All I know is that I definitely need fuckery to go down around a railyard, during an ecliplse, and with a missing girl in the mix.
>>
>>55143556
In a post apoc setting there's a good reason to use a system like SA (if not SA itself) which is that there should be a fuckload of Metro-like kludged together or homebrewed franken-guns, and also possibly player characters who may want to tinker with, or make their own guns out of scavenged material.
>>
So friends, ran my second ever session of Savage Worlds today. It was pretty fun but it kind of went to crap in a couple areas.

My players were fighting an undead warrior in a dark, rainy environment. He had 10 Toughness due to being undead and a few other factors. That combat dragged on forever. He didn't have very high fighting, so he could hit the players, and my players couldn't get past his high Toughness. He was a Wild Card and the fight just dragged on until he died. It really wasn't interesting. Next time I think I would avoid making him a Wild Card, but other than that I'm not sure what I should have done.

Secondly we had a chase and it really wasn't very engaging. A player was gliding from a high window and trying to maneuver around city architecture high up, while a creature flew after him. It was kind of confusing how it worked for us. The player needed to avoid capture or death for five rounds while the creature chased him. The creature ended up slamming into a tower and died. It would have been really fun I think but we were so unfamiliar with the rules it was just confusing and dragged too long.

Just kind of sharing about how my game went I guess. Maybe people can give me some insight on how to do better.
>>
>>55149240

*rail line
>>
>>55150494
>10 toughness wildcard

Only do this if there's some way around it, like headshotting zombies or something.
>>
>>55150621
Yeah, I'm new at the system. That combat was hell. I figured I'd make him a wildcard because he was a rival come back from the dead and I thought he was plot important enough, but it could have ended so much sooner had he been an extra. Are there tricks or things players can do to make it easier to hit something's Toughness? I remember reading about tests of will and tricks being useful for enemies that are hard to hit, but I don't remember if any effect Toughness.
>>
>>55150655
Make him easier to hit, and then head shot for extra damage (which is the trick to killing zombies in SW anyway).
>>
>>55145190
So... the sho vac to suck up enemy ink from the body and remove ink in general.
The spray is just spray it on you or someone and the enemy ink decomposes faster. Shold also remove in from the ground faster.
You can scubb ink off with a sponge/brush.
These little detergent things are basically pills you can swallow.
Right?
>>
>>55150494
Yeah I haven't met a single person who thinks the current chase rules are good. See if you can track down a copy of the explorer's edition chase rules. They're much more fleshed out.

>>55150655
Have one guy knock him prone with a push. Then wild attack called shot to the head.
+0 (net) to hit, +6 damage if you pull it off. Wild attacks in general. Double tapping/3rnd bursting if modern guns are a thing.

Also why not have him just walk away while taunting the party, only to return as a foil later? Or are we talking strictly mindless undead here?
>>
File: 3ce.jpg (58KB, 680x812px) Image search: [Google]
3ce.jpg
58KB, 680x812px
>>55150940
Yeah, though I'm not sure about the detergent things being edible, I was thinking more "splat it onto where you got shot"
>>
>>55150494
>>55150655
A toughness of 10 shouldn't take THAT long. A basic shitter with a shortsword (d6 STR + d6) should shake him 30% of the time. How much of the party was standing around curbstomping his ass?
>>
>>55150494
There's a combat chart that I always provide my players when they're having trouble beating an enemy. Long story short, wild attacks and called shots to the vitals are your friend, as is tricking the enemy to lower his parry and shake him enough that those become more viable.
>>
>>55152664
>>
>>55152720
>>55152664

Does Savage Worlds have an optional rules for guns that are not quite as super-accurate as the default 'Does not care how good you are at defence'? Or an ability to apply parry vs ranged weapons if you have a shield or such?
>>
File: 1353911346567.png (156KB, 450x495px) Image search: [Google]
1353911346567.png
156KB, 450x495px
>>55152750
You can't parry bullets. Typical defenses against ranged attacks typically goes like "get behind something, you fucking moron." Typical FPS chest-high walls are a -4 penalty to ranged attack. Even just dropping prone is a -2 penalty.

It looks like bigger shields do add +2 armor if the bullet comes from their side, and flak/kevlar add an extra +2 to bullets specifically, but seriously, just get behind something.
>>
>>55152750
Shields add to your Toughness/Armour total against ranged attacks, which better models that sort of thing in my view. And the Dodge edge is a godsend for anyone worried about getting shot at.
>>
>>55152819

>You can't parry bullets. Typical defenses against ranged attacks typically goes like "get behind something, you fucking moron."

I'm more than a bit bitter right now about the GM having dudes with knives chuck them at my character when they were going to stab the other party members. I never got to actually use parry once the fight.
>>
>>55152819

>but seriously, just get behind something.

Mind you, unless the GM plays nice with you it does make being a melee character rather hard without much to recommend it.
>>
>>55152819

>You can't parry bullets.

What about in the various savage worlds settings with magic/superpowers? I could totally see a Rippers character doing it. Cyclops eye giving you precognition or something.
>>
>>55152845
The downside of thrown weapons is really really short range. 3/6/12. Rush the fucker.

>>55152873
Yeah, that seems like a good thing for a power or spell to do. Very wuxia.
>>
>>55152873
That is literally the deflection power with a martial arts trapping.
>>
>>55151524
The chase rules were just literally confusing. The player was the one being chased, and kept getting cards that said he was in melee range of the monster, yet the monsters cards said he was too far away (and he wasn't allowed to hit anyway), and my player was like, don't I want him to be farther away?

The idea for hitting that zombie would have been helpful. He was an intelligent undead and wanted his head back, which they had stolen when he was alive. In our minds he didn't have a head to hit, but the players were literally holding it. Not them nor I thought to attack it, but I'd have granted them the extra damage if they had.

>>55152593
Only two people had showed up yet to the game, I ruled the other party members were asleep in their covered wagon. So it was the roguish type with dark vision and the alchemist who couldn't see because it was so dark.

>>55152720
Dude, thank you. I'm gonna keep this.
>>
>>55152750
You can drop prone or run, duck behind something, use the deflection power if the setting allows it, or take the dodge feat. Other than that, dodging bullets, or even arrows or such, is very nearly impossible.

There are rules built in to the system to roll ability to dodge AoE attacks, so perhaps you could grant an agility roll to dodge as long as they notice the gun being drawn. I played GURPS once and I think that was the explanation for why you can dodge guns. You dodge as soon as the gun is pointed near you, not after it's fired.
>>
>>55154604
Well headshot is also "vitals" by savage world's definition. Same for eye shot. For example hitting a vampire in the heart is functionally a called shot to the head, hitting an ancient vampire in their withered up and shrunken heart is functionally a called shot to the eye (-6).

So called shot to the head really just means called shot into the hurt him more.
>>
>>55154924
Oh, cool. Thank you, I'll remember that.
>>
File: chase rules.pdf (640KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
chase rules.pdf
640KB, 1x1px
>>55154972
Oh and on the matter of chase rules being absolute fucking garbage.
Here are the ones from the previous edition of savage worlds back when they were more complex and less shit.
>>
>>55155251
Those indeed look more complicated, but at least if we use those were not gonna be confused as hell. Thank you.
>>
File: tumblr_oahebyt0Kz1r6jl1wo2_500.png (598KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oahebyt0Kz1r6jl1wo2_500.png
598KB, 500x733px
>>55093230
>>55093360
For the record, desolving in water is a gameplay function, assuming the official manga is canon. They just sink like a stone.
>>
>>55093360
>>55156841
I still can't get my head around the idea of inklings being biologically unable to swim. How could evolution select for that if the Splatverse occurs after a societal/ecological collapse caused by rising sea levels? Especially in a species which started off aquatic?

Personally, I think that either natural water is so rich in the ink-dissolving microbes that it actually can eat away at the Inkling's bodies, and has to be treated to allow them to swim in it or drink it (a shitty explanation which doesn't explain how they survived until the invention of water filtration) or, for a much more mundane explanation, major cities like Inkopolis are really far inland to protect against future sea level increases and all the playable squids are just city slickers who never learned how to swim.
>>
>>55157308
>autism
>>
>>55156841
Well it's Nintendo, we won't get an official canon from them for at least another decade, if not two. And even when we do, it won't make any fucking sense without PhD in the subject and a pocket reference.
>>
>>55157308
Well we know Inkopolis is by the sea from the games.

The setting as a whole just makes no sense even internally. But that's typical of Nintendo.
>>
They can drink water, apparently. My guess is they "desolve" as a safety/out of bounds mesure, like when they fall off Morey Towers. They splatter so they don't drown. Of course the real reason is Ninty doesn't give a fuck about consistancy.
>>
>>55157308
Fuck Anon, you are wrong.
First: Inkopolis is clearly close to water, seeing as there are multiple harbors in the city.
Second: If we regard the splatoon manga as canon, they can't swim and that.
>>
>>55157729
If Inklings can't swim, how do they swim in Ink?
>>
We could just replace Inklings with slimes or oozes or something. Get around Nintendos seemingly intentional contradictions by not actually adapting Splatoon
>>
>>55157605
>Of course the real reason is Ninty doesn't give a fuck about consistancy
They've been shown as consistently losing their consistency when dunked in water, what the fuck more do you want?
>>
>>55158225
Except the comic says otherwise, and we know from the games and the comics and the art book that they can drink 16oz of water and be fine.
>>
>>55158377
Plus they wear swimsuits, which doesn't make a lot of sense since they swim in ink using squid form.
>>
Why do you guys think Savage Worlds would be best for Splatoon? I've personally never played it so I don't know.
>>
>>55160431
>Shooty
>Not a good fit for any setting-specific systems
>More tactical than Fate, with actual mechanical differences between weapons
>GURPS would be overkill
>>
File: b13.jpg (53KB, 680x791px) Image search: [Google]
b13.jpg
53KB, 680x791px
>>55160431
It wouldn't say it would be the best, but Savage Worlds makes combat fast and a lot of fun. Being so light weight and easy to create content for is a big plus.

The biggest downside I would say is the Shaken rule, it's kind of counter to the friendly feel of Splatoon. That's why I want to add physical paintballs in addition the the weapons that already exist.

Side thought: would that even bother a creature made of ink? Would it bother then even more if the paintballs got buried a few inches deep?
>>
>>55160684
Should have been
>Shooty, but not in a serious, realistic, gun autism way
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (80KB, 680x971px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
80KB, 680x971px
>>55160713
This is a big part of it.

>inb4 +2 shotgun
>>
>>55160691
If you kept the shaken status, you could say the ink is sticky and all over you. And you're quickly attempting to shake it off when you remove the status?
>>
>>55159257
They might just wear swimsuits because they're light and airy and great for a liquid-flinging game.
>>
File: d4a.jpg (66KB, 680x835px) Image search: [Google]
d4a.jpg
66KB, 680x835px
>>55160762
We could also fluff it that way!

My plan has been to create two categories of weapons: those that cause targets to be shaken, and those that don't.

Weapons that apply paint with a hard hitting physical part, ie rollers, markers, knuckles, paintball, would cause shaken, while weapons that just slosh ink everywhere won't.

A special type of Ink that is sticky sounds like an awesome power though.
>>
>>55160903
Yeah, hard hitting weapons make sense. They're actually kind of hurt and cause you to lose your bearings.
>>
File: 3e7.jpg (62KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
3e7.jpg
62KB, 680x680px
>>55160949
My reasoning with melee weapons is they should put out more Ink per turn and apply shaken, why else would you risk getting so close in a turn based game why ranged weapons tend to be king?

With paintball rifles and pistols, they'll be more accurate, have longer range, or apply Shaken, as opposed to normal Ink weapons like Blasters or Duelies, but they apply less paint.
>>
>>55158025
Anon, people, me included, want to play a ttrpg in the world of splatoon and not a world that is simular to splatoon.
We want to play inklings and octolings, not slimes and oozes
>>
>>55161329
Yeah, I want to be a kid but also be a squid.
>>
>>55161441
But you can be an ooze while you snooze!
>>
File: 46g.jpg (91KB, 1181x1116px) Image search: [Google]
46g.jpg
91KB, 1181x1116px
Would something like pic related fit into the world of Splatoon?
>>
>>55161481
What are you doing, trying to introduce a love interest for Judd?

Land animals are supposed to be extinct.
>>
>>55161464
That sounds disgusting, please go away
>>
>>55161481
The only mamals alive are Judd and Lil' Judd.
Everything else is magical realm
>>
File: 0ae.jpg (41KB, 400x586px) Image search: [Google]
0ae.jpg
41KB, 400x586px
>>55161549
It's splatoon, everything is magical realm.
>>
File: 8a6.jpg (65KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
8a6.jpg
65KB, 680x510px
>>55161515
Just figured since two cats are already in the setting, a cat that tags with it's tail would be cool.

I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>55161629
I will just say that this picture is adorable and I love it.
Thank you anon
>>
File: 1c1.png (366KB, 680x712px) Image search: [Google]
1c1.png
366KB, 680x712px
>>55161935
>>
>>55159257
They're fashion obsessed. Swimsuits are fashionable
>>
New thread soon?
>>
>>55091022
I still need to play a game that uses this system.
>>
>>55164617
It's pretty fun. The rules lead to lots of "fuck yeah" moments.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.