[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/aosg/ Warhammer Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 58

File: FAQ_Feature.jpg (87KB, 542x529px) Image search: [Google]
FAQ_Feature.jpg
87KB, 542x529px
We are faq-ed Edition

New and Updated FAQs, Forge World Warscrolls, and Compendium PDFs
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/25/new-and-updated-faqs-forge-world-warscrolls-and-compendium-pdfsgw-homepage-post-1/

Resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Previously on /aosg/: >>55046545
>>
I don't even want to play anymore.
>>
>>55060881
So play 40k, just paint your stormcast blue and use them as ultramarines.
>>
>>55060784
>And the points only apply to the latest version of the warscroll

please for the love of god post where exactly the GHB says this and put this non-sense in the grave forever.
>>
>>55060831
To be honest it doesnt say that anywhere, but it is highly encouraged. And pretty much any event and tournament has ruled standard that you need to use the latest version of the warscrolls. The mournghoul just got nerfed big time, and it doesn't make sense that you can opt to use the pre-nerf warscroll in a tournament just because it's more convenient for you.

Also it's much easier to determine for the old named characters. Because you can only play with a warscroll that has points, I don't see High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer in the dwarfs points anymore. So you must use the warden king on throne of power warscroll now.
>>
>>55060881
Ok.
>>
>>55060888
>Shitcast
Why would anyone who gets a constant stream of new units and models want to stop playing? I was forced to use my old models because we have had nothing new since AoS started, and now I cat even use half of them. GW has killed my desire to play.
>>
File: IMG_7857.jpg (310KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7857.jpg
310KB, 682x1024px
n'th for the fallen

He will be missed
>>
>>55060890
This. The points make no distinction between warscroll versions, and the warscrolls themselves are not labelled in terms of versions. There is only the current version and the points therefor. Old warscrolls are invalidated by virtue of getting an identically named, chronologically advanced version of themselves. The fact that this shit needs explanation is sad in and of itself.
>>
>>55060944
see
>>55060900
>>
File: Just_as_planned_tzeentch.jpg (81KB, 683x476px) Image search: [Google]
Just_as_planned_tzeentch.jpg
81KB, 683x476px
>mfw ppl laughed at my skyfires getting price increased as soon as leaks showed up (I got one unit of 6)
>now their mournghouls, bloodletter bombs, archaons and other bullshits are gone, and prices of models and batalions skyrocketed
>>
File: 1460118995250.jpg (550KB, 795x1371px) Image search: [Google]
1460118995250.jpg
550KB, 795x1371px
>>55060937
> they took him from me again
IT'S NOT FAIR
>>
I honeslty don't know how to feel about the changes to Bretonnia. On the one hand, loosing Free People sucks balls, on the other hand the ability to hand out relics and command traits to Louen and the Green Knight is amazing.
>>
>>55061005
Your really only option now is grand alliance order allegiance, which can be sort of liberating in a way. You can take anything else from Order legally now without having to worry about breaking allegiance.

I don't know how their points are now compared to the old.
>>
>>55060976
>>55060937
Thanquol is the last of the old world skaven legacy.
>>
> troll hag and squig spittas look playable and good now.
>throgg is now a generic hero.

Good thing I used river trolls as chaos trolls. Now I can use em in destruction with troll hag.

2k points destruction using troll hags, minimum goblin units for battleline then trolls, giants and squig spittas for a fluffy army

And if I find nice opponents I can ask if I can proxy throgg as a megaboss
>>
Something else I noticed with the compendium warscrolls, guys. All the keyword synergy is pretty much gone.

An example with compendium dwarfs, not only did they lose the dispossessed keyword, but they no long cross-buff any dispossessed. Thane with battle standard doesn't provide an aura buff. Planting the banner only affects himself. Not even other compendium dwarf units.

As far as I can tell, this change is the same everywhere.
>>
>>55061028
Well, it wasn't any different before, so that's fine. I'll just miss buffing Demi-gryph Knights, but that's something I can live with.
Point costs stayed exactly the same.
>>
I'be been out of the loop for a while. What's been faq-ed up exactly?
>>
>>55061116
Just the compendium stuff that only applied to out of print models. That's it. If a warscroll is tied to a kit still being sold, then everything is fine. But if your warscroll has been out of print since AoS dropped, then it's in big trouble and generally won't be seen as worth taking at all.
>>
File: 196-0-1447296417.png (425KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
196-0-1447296417.png
425KB, 630x630px
>>55060976
>>55060937

You built the legends, now make your own!
>>
>>55061116

Everything. Compendium units got stomped real hard, some new factions lost a lot of power(notably sky dwarves)

What you will be reading for the next couple of days on this general is the wailing of compendium users... Their pain is understandable...
>>
>>55060840
>We are faq-ed Edition

So... who got shat on?
>>
>>55061173
all compendium armies lost keyword synergy with non-compendium units
>>
Whats the best rotbringers combo?

Rotbringers/slaves
Rotbringers/pestilens
Rotbringers/daemons

I was figuring slaves for the buff synergy to mortal attacks, but skaven chaff looks good. I regularly play seraphon so daemons look shitty.
>>
>>55061079
Do I need to start posting pics just so many posts get noticed anymore?
>>
File: IMG_2191.png (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2191.png
49KB, 500x375px
>bretonnia isn't free people's anymore
>knights of the realm nerfed?
>grail knights buffed

Not sure how to feel
>>
File: IMAG1338.jpg (220KB, 1319x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1338.jpg
220KB, 1319x472px
>>55061198
>>55061079
Holy shit the runelord and anvil of doom is even worse. The rune buffs only effect himself. If you must take this model, you don't even need the apprentice, and the only rune you should ever hammer is wrath, because that is pretty decent. But for 140 points, that's pretty much not worth it.

Also the war machines lost their engineer nearby buffs.

Compendium stuff absolutely gutted.
>>
File: 1381338214533.jpg (1002KB, 1122x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1381338214533.jpg
1002KB, 1122x1754px
>>55057174
>>55057288
I'm not even a WHFB veteran but I still find the lack of greenskinz-grots synergy ridiculous as fuck. GW killed the faction that could be as promising as Bonesplitterz
GS
>6 kits
>6 warscrolls
>Have a start collecting and nothing more
BS
>6 kits
>9 fuckin warscrolls
>Battletome
>Warscroll cards
>Still supported
>>
>>55061198
Nobody cares about dwarfs
>>
I've been intrested in sigmar since it came out, and I have to ask the question, is this even fun? It seems like a world with no setting, the only armies that have gotten new models are stormcast, dwarves, stormcast, dwarves and stormcast, it just looks painful to get into.
>>
File: IMG_1194.png (21KB, 339x345px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1194.png
21KB, 339x345px
>>55060970
>mfw free people lost bretonnia but in exchange has battleline cheap greatsword hordes, cheaper Griffin general and good battle traits/ability/artifacts

I'm mixed
Now if only pistoliers stopped being bad
>>
So much for 'nee' Games Workshop eh.

And to anyone saying this was the right move, stop sucking GW dick. Punishing people for collecting miniatures is always bullshit.

You don't collect Warhammer for 2 years. You built your collection over the course of a decade into a thing of beauty. Now taking things out of production is fine. But this compendium FAQ is just unnecessarily cruel
>>
>>55061258
>grail knights
>buffed
Yes, no longer being able to reroll to hit sure is a buff.
>>
>>55061306
Sylvaneth, beastclaw, ironjawz, KBB, flesh eaters, tzeentch, and everchosen got new models you twat.
>>
>>55061292
Dwarfs are just an example. All the compendium stuff got the same treatment.

There is no warscroll synergy among the compendium stuff anymore. That's all been gutted out.
>>
File: _97164158_billboard4-2.jpg (11KB, 375x210px) Image search: [Google]
_97164158_billboard4-2.jpg
11KB, 375x210px
God damn I would be butthurt if I was a skydorf player
Nerfs across the board like 4 months after release
wew lad
>>
>>55061346
It was redundant with enchantress, who was nearly auto take anyway
>>
Can someone give me a rundown on the skaven changes please?
>>
>>55061283
That just means they may be getting a battletome soon. Copypastaing from a few threads ago:

So the recent Destruction live twitch stream gave some hope for some of you.
>https://aosshorts.com/ghb2017-destruction/
This is just a summary of what was discussed on the livestream, but the big thing to pay attention to is how he said the rules team reviewed the grand alliance books and the model ranges and asked if its model range is large enough, and pick from that factions that they would not be producing a battletome for soon, and make allegiance rules for those. So we can guess from factions that are definitely large enough, that are not getting allegiance rules, will likely be getting a battletome before the next GHB. To me would could be seeing the following factions getting battletomes within the next year:
nurgle rotbringers combined with nurgle daemons (strong rumors that this is coming)
clan verminus
deathrattle (strong rumors that this is coming)
moonclan grots
gutbusters
gitmob grots
greenskinz
>>
>>55061359
Interestingly, Liche Priests can still buff Morghasts
>>
>>55061351
Aren't Sylvaneth and Beastclaws just reimaginings of older models?
>>
>>55061386
Sylvaneth got AOS only models too, don't know about beastclaws
>>
File: IMG_7015.png (26KB, 884x309px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7015.png
26KB, 884x309px
>>55060970
But pestilens is stronger than ever now that we can take skryre allies. That's two WLC, or some stormfiends and an engi or drill. Hellpit is also pretty dank. Plus even without the clawpack, our allegiance abilities and our crazy murder monks make us really good.
>>
>>55061306

It is fun. The faction choice is a bit iffy but not as bad as people make it out to be. Unless you are interested in death each other faction has a good choice of battletomes.

If you are interested in the game the best thing to do is go to a local shop that plays the game (best bet of course are warfare shops) and ask if someone can show you the ropes or give you an intro game.
>>
>>55061306
>is this even fun?
Fun is subjective. There is a growing AoS presense and community in the market, and a lot more people are reporting it's fun. But some players say it's borning and shallow. Depends on what you are looking for. Try it out and make up your own mind.
>It seems like a world with no setting
Now you're just listening to the shitposters. There is definitely a setting an world(s). It is constantly getting developed and explored. It just needs to catch up to 30 years of history of the old world that most people are comparing it to.
>the only armies that have gotten new models are stormcast, dwarves, stormcast, dwarves and stormcast, it just looks painful to get into.
More have gotten stuff, but if it seems painful, then don't. Nobody is forcing you to play. But if there seems to be a cool community growing in your area, then give it a shot. Otherwise don't worry about it.
>>
>>55061373
>nurgle rotbringers combined with nurgle daemons (strong rumors that this is coming)
Aren't Putrid Blightkings a nurgle battleline now instead of mortal nurgle?
>>
File: 400px-Malekiths_OC_Fursona.png (96KB, 400x260px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Malekiths_OC_Fursona.png
96KB, 400x260px
So everything that doesn't have a battletome and wasn't released after AOS launched is now officially worthless garbage and GW isn't even pretending to give a shit about it anymore?

-asking for a friend
>>
>>55060900
Couldn't you just use his GH1 points if you were that determined? Since the names match?
>>
Wish they'd make plague censer bearers useful. Any word on if there's a warscroll update for them?

How about a nerf for thundertusks?
>>
>>55061520
As before, tournaments and events are going to list specifically you must use the latest points AND warscroll versions. I don't see that loophole flying with any TO
>>
>>55061512
No, just everything that isnt sold anymore has had their playability neutered
And rightfully so
>>
>>55061512
No, not as such, but quite a few armies that took both old and new stuff got the shaft.
>>
>>55061512
Depends

Some like Bretonnia are barely different than they were previously

Others are in a worse situation

The main downside is that compendium units no longer share a specific sub faction keyword with an existing faction

So bretonnians are no longer Free Peoples, they are just Order, which means they can only take the Order battle trait, general abilities and artifacts
>>
>>55061512
No

Not at all
>>
>>55061542
Why rightfully so? Are you really that much of faggot you don't think that people should use their collection? Or are you someone who treats their army like a disposable magic deck?
>>
>>55061592
you can still use it, you just cant get the new faction specific bonuses

stop being a faggot that jumps to conclusions
>>
>>55061512
Only the stuff that went out of sale when AoS dropped. The big nerfs are not applied to anythign still sold right now.
>>
>>55061535
Okay but outside of tournaments? I've never done tournaments nor has anyone I've ever known in this hobby.

To be clear I don't run compendium shit. I'm just curious.
>>
File: IMG_7856.jpg (188KB, 596x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7856.jpg
188KB, 596x853px
Place your bets kiddos:

Are regular non pestilens/skryre rats getting the shaft? Or are we going to get a skaven battletome anytime soon? Will Goku and his friends defeat the evil Freezer? Find out next time on GW Prunes the Tree!
>>
>>55061643
Outside of tournaments it is and always will be do whatever you want as long as it's cool with your opponent. Nobody gives a shit about anything outside of tournaments because it is literally 'anything goes'. All this discussion relates to any form of organized play.
>>
>>55061669
Verminus has a lot of warscrolls, so they may be getting a tome soon. See >>55061373
>>
>>55061669
Nah, GW nerfed Verminus and Moulder with GHB17. Actually, if you are not playing skryre/pestilens you are fucked hard as a rat player
>>
>>55061706
But with so many other models and synergy, I'd be surprised if gw didn't put all non pestilens (and maybe pestilens) skaven into a single battletome.
>>
File: Dwarfs (4).jpg (51KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarfs (4).jpg
51KB, 500x647px
Well, I was hoping for a Dispossessed Allies box for my Kharadron Overlords, but seeing the last thread, now I doubt that will happen
>>
>>55060840
>handbook link isn't for the 2017 one
thanks a million
>>
>>55061360
They werent even that stronk anyway, they got fucked in any kind of melee.

Now its age of melee and shooting aint allowed.
>>
>>55061684
>Verminus has a lot of warscrolls
What? They literally have clanrats, stormvermin, warlord and a Warbringer - great fuckin base for a battletome faction. No machines, no behemots and now no useful abilities
>>55061751
Tell me about this synergy Anon. Will you use verminus or moulder as your main force? No? What a suprise. With no crown of conquest and lord of war there is no point in using warlord and clanrats
>>
>>55061786
It's not even released yet. If you have the pdf or epub feel free to post it here
>>
>>55061790
I said all skaven you twat. Moulder and Eshin are ally clans. Include them and skryre in there too and you have a fuck load of models
>>
File: IMG_2972.jpg (126KB, 832x766px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2972.jpg
126KB, 832x766px
>>55061790
General skaven is a faction about mixing. I wouldn't be surprised if verminus got an ability that lets them have extra allies. Quit sperging out just because you got your fat ass toasted by warpfire a few times.
>>
Whats a nice way of playing Kharadron overlords?

I have had a few 1000pt games and the frigate seems a tad overpriced.
>>
So /tg/
Im bordering on making a mixed grot force with mainly spider-fangs, wolf riders and gitmobs, also planning on 2 Arachnaroks, does this sound like a fun army to play? And would it be any good in-game?
>>
>>55061860
Actually, an extra 200 or 100 ally points would be pretty good for the rats IMO
>>
>>55061790
I wouldn't be surprised if Verminus got something like the basic Strength in Numbers, and then a rule allowing them to take more points in allies for matched play (as long as they're Skaven), allowing them to benefit from the Strength in Numbers rules as well. It's somewhat doubtful that GW is going to give up on a united Skaven faction.
>>
File: IMG_6614.jpg (36KB, 319x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6614.jpg
36KB, 319x352px
>>55061790
>assblasted
>>
>>55061860
>Quit sperging out just because you got your fat ass toasted by warpfire a few times.
Anon, but I'm skryre player. With chaos allegiance abilities skaven are nothing about mixing at all. You have to pick skryre or pestilens because verminus are shit as fuck without CoC and LoW and moulder are a joke. You will not pick verminus as your allies because why would you do that? To spam the board with unbuffed rats? The times of clanrats used as battleline have gone for a long while and you know it - why building a mixed list with clanrats as universal battleline if you can play mono-skryre or mono-pestilens?
>>
>>55061820
>>55061860
>>55061892
>>55061923
>>55061925
Samefagging cunt
>>
>>55061292
I care, I had a huge army of dwarfs from WHFB, and this sucks really hard. Guess I'll just use the old rules.
>>
>>55061360
This is why you play armies that:
1. You like the models
2. You like the fluff
3. You like the strength/lists
in that order.

This way if your dudes get nerfed you don't care as much. I was playing brayherds since the AoS release and they were total shit. I still had fun because muh doods.
>>
>>55061934
That's my point. GW gave regular rats a section in path to glory. They may bring all the non pestilens clans and masterclan together to make them playable. Otherwise its bad for business to just drop support for a popular faction that's relevant in the fluff.
>>
>>55061360
The nerfs they got were mostly understandable. The Thunderer nerf was a bit much, but making Khemist stacking impossible is fair, as is making the Drill Cannon a bit weaker.

They could have let the Gunhaulers Drillcannon keep its 3 wounds though. I mean, 3 wounds at 24 is hardly going to make that thing overpowered.
>>
>>55061976
Mah nigga
+10 internets for you
Also, waacing and comp. play is the cnacer that ruins warhammer.
>>
>>55061958
kneegrow, you can counts-as anything from the old dwarves into dispossessed.
>>
>>55062006
I kinda like Thunderers nerf. Since it means I dont have to buy 5 boxes to get 5 of the same weapon

And I kinda like how the weapons buff one another.

And Khemist nerf was needed, it was too much for just 100pts
>>
File: no.png (5KB, 378x157px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
5KB, 378x157px
>>55061941
It's just an incredibly obvious idea, anon. Especially in the wake of Total Warhammer 2.
>>
>>55061976
YES

People like you is why I love wargaming.
>>
>>55061976
Good man anon. There's this one dude at my shop who has a completely converted tzeentch SoD army that he's been using for ages. Each model is beautifully converted to reflect tzeentch, whether it be the horrifically mutated gargant, or the sorcerers with birds spiralling around them. It's probably the best army I've seen in person to date.
I myself was brought into the hobby by vermintide last year, a week before pestilens dropped. So now, even though I usually get raped by beastclaw at 1000 points, I still love my rats.
>>
>>55061976
I have always been saying this. I will always say it.

This is the right attitude when it comes to wargaming.

Pick what is cool and what aesthetics and hobby aspect appeals to you the most.

Competitiveness comes later.

How do you think all the 40k Ork players are feeling now for sticking with orks this whole time?
>>
File: IMG_2145.png (3MB, 1182x880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2145.png
3MB, 1182x880px
I'm kind of surprised Free guilds haven't gotten spoiled yet, unless they have and I just haven't seen them yet
>>
>>55062032
I know, but aren't the new rules shafting dispossessed? People in here are saying they removed the keyword and aura effects are gone.
>>
File: Minotaur[1].jpg (178KB, 1000x1010px) Image search: [Google]
Minotaur[1].jpg
178KB, 1000x1010px
>>55062026
>WAAC in a dice gaem

Also this is what happened to me on one occasion.
>Playing muh beastmen at the club like usual
>DoT player wants to play because he's never played against beastmangs. I never played him before
>Ok my man
>Tables me by turn 2
>Ha I won!
>Yup GG, nice army
>Played with my regular friend, who is also a WAAC fag but he has some fun silly lists that he likes to play against me
>Me and friend have 2 more games while DoT player does nothing

I don't mind WAAC but a lot of those guys also have silly lists or other armies that aren't as strong. If you know you are playing a weaker army or a noob, loosen up.
>>
>>55062107
No, it's only for stuff that DID NOT become dispossessed, look in the AOS app and see the stuff that's still under Dwarves. That's the compendium stuff
>>
>>55062107
>rage quitting before seeing the rules yourself
>>
>>55062097
free people were spoiled already

read the past threads
>>
>>55062189
How many threads back are we talking? They're not in the spoiler compilation pdf
>>
>>55061925
Yeah, I'm fuckin mad. I feel sorry for all these people that will have to buy 3 pestilens start collectings or 3 boxes of stormfiends just to play skaven because their current lists are unplayable.
There are few skaven players at my LGS and I'm sure that at least one of them will drop the game if we don't let him use old chaos allegiance abilities - he was scraping together every penny to buy spire of dawn boxes and the pestilens SC for machines. Now the backbone of his army - clanrats and warlords - are useless. I know there are a lot of budget players with similar lists - they were easy to run, cheap to buy and fun to play. GW literally killed most of the newbies skaven armies with chaos abilities nerf.
I'm the lucky one - I bought stormfiends because I find them look neat as models and reorganised my list but I'm broke now. If I wouldn't buy them 2 months ago I would be fucked and stuck with an useless list for next few months like him.
>inb4 it's not a hobby for poorfags
It's a hobby for everyone as long as you have same budget as your opponents.
>>
>>55062214
>spoonfeed pls ;_;
>>
File: 1503600122587.jpg (439KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1503600122587.jpg
439KB, 2048x1536px
>>55062214
Here you go.
>>
File: Glart-Smashrip[1].jpg (187KB, 1000x916px) Image search: [Google]
Glart-Smashrip[1].jpg
187KB, 1000x916px
>>55062220
>useless
This is the ideal skaven.
You may not like it but this is what squeak performance looks like.
>>
>>55062107
They lost access to most artillery, miners and some characters. This hurts, a lot in some cases, but it is survivable.
>>
>>55062121
Too many people equate fun with winning. I have never tabled an opponent with my grots, but I have won by playing objectives and being extra sneaky with Warboss Bombing key units. I think I've only had one opponent not want to play me again after the game. I try to be a challenge, but ultimately I'm just having a laugh.
>>
>>55062238
I am poor Yapanese man.
Prease post Sraves to Dahrkness prease.
>>
>>55062238
Thanks mate

God damn that battletrait is solid and makes handgunners even more mandatory than they were previously.

The requirement for free Guard is interesting
>>
>>55062264
Miners and the Flame Cannon definitely hurt. The rest, not nearly as much. Allies and the new allegiance abilities will help.
>>
>>55061786
>GIB FREE STUFF BEFORE ITS RELEASED
>>
>>55062276
Also when you DO win...
>... dude... fuckin grots man.
>>
>>55062251
This model would be a great warlord conversion
>>
>>55062264
I have 20 miners, so I guess I'll use them as simple allies instead of as dispossessed with the new rules.
>>
>>55062332
Here's the clincher. You cant even ally in those miners if you are trying to stick with the dispossessed allegiance, because 'dwarfs' are not listed as an ally option.

If you want to take those miners, your only option is Grand Alliance Order allegiance rules.
>>
>>55061542
This.
The band aid pull off has gone on long enough. They gave you two years. Quit fucking whining.
> MAH DECADES OLD COLLECTION
Bitch that's why they squatted your old shit game. Because you cheap asses didn't spend any money. Get fucked.
>>
File: IMG_2074.gif (536KB, 381x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2074.gif
536KB, 381x512px
>>55062290
>put two 30 man handgunners blobs down and a 30 man guard blob
>charge any of them, you get 60 2/2/-1/1 attacks

Jesus Christ
>>
>>55062332

Can't use them as allies to dispossessed without the right keyword friend.
>>
Skaven 2k list, what do you use?
>>
>>55062355
Or he can play them as any dwarf melee unit and nobody outside of tournyfags will give a fuck.

KO Arkanaut Company leader has a pickaxe. If anon was playing against me and wanted all his miners to be Arkanaut Company, I would OK it.
>>
>>55061194
Since they all have the Nurgle keyword, just mix them. Don't forget the Tamurkhan units.
>>
do you guys ever play online (roll20)? there is no way i get into the hobby part of wargaming, collecting and painting miniatures, going outside, etc.
>>
>>55062398
no. its 95% of the fun. There are better games to play if you are sitting on your computer.
>>
>>55062301
I mean, I don't play anywhere near an optimized list. I have 80 Moonclan grots, usually in a block of 40 with spears and two small blocks of twenty one with bows one with stabbas. Then I have five fanatics, ten spider riders, the boss and a shaman. It's an infantry heavy list. No squigs no troggoths. Played against a Sylvaneth player who never played grots before. He got a turn one charge with a Spirit of Durthu but failed to get anything else in there to support it. The SoD planted itself right in between the block of spears and stabbas. Thanks to nets, he whiffed all of his hit rolls and then I got to smack him with five fanatics and approximately thirty grots and then warboss bombed it. He dropped in my next combat phase. Granted his Spite revenants and Kurnoth hunters got to reap a bloody revenge, but once that SoD dropped he said, and I quote "Jesus, grots are fucking nasty little shits"
>>
>>55062390
>>55062390
>>
Also, can we have a pdf of the new GH? It's already saturday somewhere
>>
>>55062357
CONSUME
>>
>>55061512

Skryre is still solid. I'm assuming their uber-battalion got a hefty price hike, but Stormfiends are still stronk.

I mean they were literally broken before. I took a Skryre army to a tournament and dominated all 3 games. Just popping up wherever I wanted, putting Mortal wounds on everything.
>>
Is Thanquol and Verminlord Deceiver still a viable combo?
>>
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NZ/Age-Of-Sigmar-Blight-War-2017-eng

ITS OUT

I AM FULLY ERECT NOW
>>
>>55062332
I've resolved to use Miners as Longbeards, with a character carrying the relic pickaxe to deepstrike them anyway.
It's kinda clunky, but it works.
>>
File: Neave_Blacktalon_ENG.pdf (940KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Neave_Blacktalon_ENG.pdf
940KB, 1x1px
>>55062499
Way cool
>>
>>55061958
Ya but dwarfs are gay
Like elfs
>>
File: Horticulous_Slimux_ENG.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Horticulous_Slimux_ENG.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>>55062539
>>
>>55062499
That set is shit tho
Its a repacked nurgle start collecting box with gary the snail from spongebob thrown in and more fucking samecast boreternals
>>
File: blacktalon.png (3MB, 1866x1238px) Image search: [Google]
blacktalon.png
3MB, 1866x1238px
>>55062499
Not bad. If she catches a hero with his pants down there's a good chance she'll murder the shit out of him.
The ability to hitch a ride isn't terrible, either.
>>
>>55062539
gay as hell
>>
>>55062542
Who even mentioned stormcasts?
Always played Nurgle, and i was about to buya new box of nurglins and one of plague drones before the box. Now I'm both gonna have them cheaper, plus a super cool gardner.
ill just sell the stromcasts and call it a day.
>>55062565
>Its a repacked nurgle start collecting box with gary the snail from spongebob thrown in
how is that bad?
also new rules for Nurgle, apparentely.
>>
File: slimux.png (3MB, 1868x1184px) Image search: [Google]
slimux.png
3MB, 1868x1184px
>>55062499
200 pts seems kinda steep for this. His damage output is very meh and his overall abilities are highly situational.
>>
>>55062576
>>55062539
>Neave Blacktalon is taken from Hammer os Sigmar Stormhost and always wears their colours in battle.

This makes sense because she is a named character. I am willing to bet at some point we will be getting the generic knight-zephyros kit.
>>
>>55062576
>Sigshit
>9+ attacks

>THE FIRST PLAUGEBEARER EVER MADE BY NURGLE
>4-6 attacks

YAAAAAAAAAS QUEEN SLAY
>>
>>55062620
Where are you getting his points?
>>
>wanderers is kill
>no point in buying the models I was going to get
>maybe I'll start that ghost army I wanted
>cant ally with skellies

It's like GW doesn't want my money. What the shit
>>
>>55062620
aaaaannnd he's shit.
Like, real shit.
Damage output is ridicolous, his abilities are meh.
he is basically worthless.
ill still play him tho but man, fuck GW.
>>
>>55062650
>>wanderers is kill
>>no point in buying the models I was going to get
What the fuck are you talking about? You are an idiot. The nerfs are only to the models they are no longer selling. You cant buy them in retail anyway. The ones still being sold are actually really good because of the points drops and allegiance rules.
>>
>>55062627
>stormcast
>does shit all for the army she's with
>low damage value
>1W over absolutly generic standard toughness

>plaguebearer
>provides a variety of buffs
>deal unconditional damage over 1
>3+/5++ with 8 wounds make him pretty tough
>>
>>55062668
Pop off the plaguebearer, stick on a blightking.

Call it a harbinger of decay, which is actually good and well priced. That's what I would do.
>>
>>55062668
Funny how it mentions beasts of nurgle when they're Finecast, not even in the box set with him, and don't even have a listing under the "Daemons of nurgle" tab on the AoS part of the webstore
Guess they're getting new plastics soon
>>
>>55062668
>thinking they would let the nurgle stuff be stronger than the stormcast
silly boy
>>
File: 1501254258441.jpg (16KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
1501254258441.jpg
16KB, 399x400px
>>55062576
>7 attacks
>>
>>55062645
Not him, but the stream yesterday said Horticulus Slimux is 200, Naeve Blacktalon is 120.
>>
>>55062718
ew. Not even convinced neave is worth it.

Will be trawling bits sites for the model, though. She would make an excellent prosecutor with that posing. Stick some wings on her and replace those weapons if you want, flying base and she's good to go.
>>
>>55062499
>314 kiwi dollars
>the first starter set costs 180 kiwi dollars
What the fuck actually
>>
>>55062697
hopefully, I like the current one aesthetic but playing more thn one is ridicolous as it looks terrible.
BATTLETOME NURGLE WHEN
>>55062694
thats not a bad idea at all.
i like the dude, so I think I'll still use him somehow.
>>55062707
: (
>>55062693
>provides a variety of buffs
problem is, those buffs are shit.
one single wound for one unit killed is not a good trade, it barely changes anything. Reroll on beasts would be good if beasts were actually played.
>>
>>55062622
>Neave Blacktalon is taken from Hammer os Sigmar Stormhost and always wears their colours in battle.
Uhh, so much for fielding her with my Radiant Gallants. I really hope you are right, her profile is interesting and I really want to field her...
Wounds 6 make me wonder though. She's tougher than a Lord-Celestant despite being a mere Knight.
>>
>>55062627
Buffs beasts, comes with no beasts
>>
>>55062718
>6 wounds
>3+ save
>7 attacks, with the possibility to do more, at 2 damage each if hero
>120 points
YAS
UNDERCOSTED
QUEEN
>>
>>55062746
This one isn't monopose stuff. It's literally the kits, all in one box, with some extras
>>
>>55062759
Well you can still take her in any stormcast eternal force, because as far as I know all the keyword synergy for the faction is only for the 'stormcast eternal' keyword. For some reason they just want her to be painted in those colors because that's how her character is painted. It makes sense to me because I get a little ping of autism whenever I see people paint named characters in the schemes of their dudes.

This is why I don't like named characters. I like 'your dudes'.
>>
>>55062733
She's easily on the same level as a knight errant although not as tanky
>>
Is there a release date/price for blightwar yet?
>>
>>55062810
Nigga...
>>
>>55062795
>>55062759
Just paint her as you prefer and give her your own name.
the main reason why stormcasts had not any special character was to make em fully your dudes if you wanted to.
then fanboys cried hard enough to make Gw change their mind.
>>55062810
sept. 2, 314 kiwi dollars.
>>
>>55062679
I'm an old WE player, so I have actual Warhawks, an Eagle lord, and metal as well as converted Waywatchers. My army was a Lord riding an eagle backed by his hawk command unit with Waywatchers and Sisters of the Watch supported by a vanguard of Sisters of Thorn. I was going to buy more of both Sisters, but fuck it. Why bother now? I have to buy a whole new army anyway.
>>
>>55062840
Yeah I doubt any store or event is going to complain if neave isnt painted in the right colors. I think they just put that there to solidify what stormhost she is from in case it ever comes up in rules.
>>
>>55062784
>All these fuckin cool poses I can make with my new plaguebearers kit from 1780
The first starter set also has """extras""" and is more than 1/3 cheaper
>>
File: 1496209769882.jpg (37KB, 720x564px) Image search: [Google]
1496209769882.jpg
37KB, 720x564px
>Rereleasing book based on warhammer fantasy setting.
>2 years after killing it.
> not about anything in the current setting
>not the Goddamn kharadron overlords vs chaos book they announced last Wd.
>mfw
>>
>>55062775
She's all output though. Other SCE characters either are tanky or provide buffs on top of their output. Meanwhile, she does jack for her army and can't take hits any better than other heroes.
>>
>>55062875
Why would you have to buy a whole new army? Because you have to use generic grand allegiance abilities instead of specific ones? Oh no, how backbreaking.
>>
>>55062875
Just play as order?
>>
>>55062875
We dont want square base fags in our community anyhow
fuck off
>>
>Next Battletome will be released with a full line of new miniatures like the Fyreslayers
>it's Fimirach
post your face when
>>
>>55062975
>>55063011
I get what he means. He had a WE army that is now about half obsolete because of the compendium nerfs. He naturally would want to play with the wanderers cool new allegiance rules, but he can't if he wants to field most of his army.

So right now he has to pretty much exclude all the compendium stuff and work on building them up again with the allegiance models, or just go elsewhere.
>>
File: IMG_2056.jpg (166KB, 1830x1220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2056.jpg
166KB, 1830x1220px
>>55062795
Well, I suppose so. I'd guess that it prevents her bing taken in any of the named stormhosts outside the HoS, strictly speaking, but I do try to play without battalions anyway, so that'd be fine.
And, yeah, 'your dudes' is important. Here's to hoping the generic Knight-Zephyros is coming sooner rather than later.
>>
File: Order Draconis.jpg (302KB, 1184x783px) Image search: [Google]
Order Draconis.jpg
302KB, 1184x783px
A kind anon could spoonfeed me the leaks on the rules of the swifthawk agents and pic related?

i will be thankfull
>>
>>55062975
>>55063011

This guy gets it.. >>55063057

They don't have their keyword, and my eagle lord lost his charge buff because reasons. If I took, say, a Wayfinder for my general now because my Lord has no command, he wouldn't affect my Watchers or Hawks, likewise my Weaver does nothing to them as well. I was actually excited to get new traits and shit for wanderers, and now I'm just in a state of fuck.
>>
>>55062840
>314 kiwi dollars

So, $135 ish people money?
>>
>>55062969
>she does something no other SCE hero does

Oh no how awful she should have made vanguard units reroll 1's to wound or something else really boring
>>
>>55062576
>boltstorm pistol
you cannot make this shit up
>>
>>55063129
Those arent part of the wanderers tho
So what are you talking about lol
>>
>>55063057
Not t him, but that describes me perfectly. I was all jazzed about my Wanderers army, only tomfind out my Warhawk Riders, Waywatchers and Glade Riders are now pointless, since they break me out of Wanderers allegiance.
I mean, sure Waywatchers will make reasonable stand-ins for Sisters of the Watch and I guess Warhawk Riders as Wild Riders would kinda work, but Glade Riders are right out, and so is Orion.
>>
>>55063129
Okay. You're right. That sucks. I kind of feel you.
All I hoped was a points cost for the Highborn dragon battalion and it is now completly out.
Now I have to settle with order...
>>
File: IMG_8001.jpg (2MB, 3021x3888px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8001.jpg
2MB, 3021x3888px
Working on map. My pestilens skaven live in the mountain and have ravaged and corrupted a farm. Need ideas for naming the pestilens lair. Have it as "The Rotting Fang" right now
>>
>>55063117
No new rules for swifthawk at all - not even point changes
>>
>>55063159
I didn't mean to imply that that's something bad, but rather that it's unusual as far as theme goes.
Also, I'm not entirely sure how to make her work. She's not mobile enough on her own to really hunt heroes and can't outflank with Vanguard-Hunters, but hitching a ride means she's immobile for a turn and stuck with her really shitty shooting.
>>
>>55063226

>Wanting Pestilens to ruin that comfy landscape

Have you no soul?
>>
>>55063253
I'm going to add in some achor springs near the hills on the corrupted ground. Just need to find the right texture
>>
>>55063253
He took a picture of the screen. What do you think
>>
>>55063226
This nigga took a picture of his screen
>>
Sure glad I kitbashed a Skaven Chieftan with battle-standard now that it's worthless.

The rerolling 1's going away doesn't bug me. The battleshock immunity was huge.

And it sounds like Crown of Conquest is gone too?

Fuck you GW.
>>
>>55063226
>Scheissfeld Farm
Uh-huh
>>
>>55063286
It's shit, Austin
>>
>>55063226
So... this is the power of reddit rats players
I am fucking CREASEING
>>
File: 01_Dwarf_Lord_Shieldbearers.jpg (327KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
01_Dwarf_Lord_Shieldbearers.jpg
327KB, 1344x760px
>>55063178
>>55063129
I get the grief. It is going to be hard to adjust and can make things a little discouraging. It's not nearly as bad for me because my only a small portion of my dispossessed are compendium stuff, but I am looking at what to run that counts-as.

Like my thane with battle standard I am just running as a warrior with clan banner.

Then there is this guy, who is a lord on shieldbearers. That warscroll is gone, so I could run him as a warden king on throne of power, but he will likely not be my warlord because he has no CA or any sort of buffs. Just a big tough beatstick.

I am taking solace in the fact that dispossessed allegiance rules are very underwhelming, and I am actually better off taking the battalion we have (which does the allegiance battle traits but better) and just take grand alliance order allegiance, which allows me to take whatever I want, including my warden king on throne of power and even my freeguild allies I am planning on making.
>>
>>55063295
>>55063286
>>55063273
>>55063270
I'm sorry, I didn't want to post the real thing until I finish it.
>>
>>55063236
not even warlord traits or rules?
>>
>halve the damage characteristic of any weapon that targets a model with Stone Skeleton. Also, halve any mortal wounds from abilities that target models with Stone Skeleton.
Stonehorn of all types literally useless now. Wow.
>attack Stonehorn with shitty unit of dudes with 1 damage attacks
>Stonehorn just takes full damage and dies
>>
>>55063326
It's always been like that. Plus warp lightning cannons and MAYBE warpfire get through it since they don't have a damage characteristic on their charts
>>
How are death looking now? I really like the look of grave guard and black knights, viable as an army or is collecting death pretty much a lost cause?
>>
so, you guys already raging?
>>
>>55063384
Still need more stuff but rumours point to a deathrattle book and release.
That said we got some new abilities and points changes in GH2017 so we shall see how it unfolds
>>
>>55063307
Oh, you still around, Swenson? Haven't seen your stuff in quite a while. How's it going?
On the upside, the new profile of the throne would fit the lord in the steamsuit very well, wouldn't it? With a nice Relic Blade or Obstinate Blade he'd be pretty burtal.
>>
File: IMG_8002.jpg (80KB, 750x321px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8002.jpg
80KB, 750x321px
>>55063354
Nope, that's new. Beastclaw is finally getting fixed!
>>
>>55063316
no highborn faction got anything
>>
>>55063326
That's just to make it easier to understand, it has always worked like that.
>>
>>55063354

No, this is a new, crippling FAQ nerf. It used to halve damage dealt by each unit after the total was determined. Now he's 460 points of shit who flees in abject terror from the worst models in the game.
>>
>>55063431
Some effect, easier to comprehend wording that won't cause 20 minutes of discussion at the start of every game.
>>
>>55063464
just shekling dark elves
>>
>>55063431
So what quantifies as "damage characteristics"? I know the WLC doesn't have one, but what about weapons like the frost wreathed ice, or warp fire projectors that have their damage in an ability? What about spells?
>>
>>55063472
units don't do damage. models do damage. read the rules. it's only four pages.
>>
File: IMAG1337.jpg (218KB, 944x727px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1337.jpg
218KB, 944x727px
>>55063427
Yeah I'm still here. The last thing I really made for AoS was my giant stem mech which looks more and more like it will be used as a drakesworn templar.

But yeah the more I think about it, the more my warden king in steamsuit would fit the warden king in throne of power even better. Not much for command, but he would be an excellent beatstick, especially with the relic blade, which is what I have always ran him with when I went to the LVO. He was always that surprise massive damage dealer people wernt expecting.
>>
>>55063421
As much as I would like a Deathrattle book, I'm skeptical about it, because we're now getting a Deathrattle boxset that's basically designed for them to be allies. Which seems kinda like an indicator that they have nothing more planned for them than to be allies.
>>
>>55063496
We'll never know - no one would be caught dead paying for Stonehorns in their lists now lol
Top irony that thundertusks kept their ice shot unchanged.
>>
>>55063480
No it's really not, if I shot it with my handgunners and did 30 wounds, it would only take 15

Now if I do 30 wounds with my handgunners, it takes 30 wounds.
>>
>>55062042
I am ok with them changing the warscroll like that, but increasing the price on top of that was a bit much.
>>
Hey speaking of Swenson's Dudes, are there any other Custom Stormcast Stormhost's besides the Frogesworn Eternals that's been made by any other anon, the AoS threads, or /tg/ as a whole?
>https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Forgesworn_Eternals
>>
>>55063558
Well, I guess then I have always been playing it wrong. That means the change doesn't even affect me, which is kinda neat.
>>
>>55063585
There's this guys dudes too>>55063113
I forgot what they were called, but they are also on 1d4chan
>>
Are the Sigmarines the only army worth playing? It seems like unless you take a bunch of alliances, the only fully army is Stormcast.
>>
>>55063706
Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8/8
>>
Check this out guys, here is an interesting timeline:

End time happens, several toxic grognards leave

AoS drops, a majority if not all toxic grognards leave

GHB drops, game grows, and maybe a few of the toxic grognards come back

GHB2017 with the compendium nerf happens, and the last vestigial remains of the toxic whfb grognards leave

All part of GWs elaborate plan to detox the warhammer fantasy fanbase?
>>
>>55063649
I'd be surprised if my Radiant Gallants were on there; I've barely even posted any of their fluff on /tg/.
>>
>>55063649
That's cool, wasn't there also a guy that was working on a Dark Elf/Khaine themed Stormhost?

In anycase, I'd like to see what crazy ideas /tg/ could come up with for Stormhosts.
>>
>>55063775
I think so. The local AoS group is just normal men and women and are all well adjusted adults. It's the least cancerous group of people that play nerd games I have ever seen¥
>>
>>55063775
Sounds about right.
>>
File: 08_Lord-Relictor_Knight-Questor.jpg (344KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
08_Lord-Relictor_Knight-Questor.jpg
344KB, 1344x760px
>>55063585
Man his stuff is so cool. But he did paint the rest of it since he got it done
>>
File: 09_Liberators.jpg (404KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
09_Liberators.jpg
404KB, 1344x760px
>>55063904
>>
>>55063807
Way in the early days of /aosg/ we had people planning the skaven Blightcast Raternals (which never worked out), the elven Phoenixborn (which never worked out), the bretonnian Grailborn Cavaliers (which never worked out; not sure on the name) and a crazy orcish version.
>>
>>55063837
Same near me
AoS is just people playing for fun, all regular dudes
40k is another story
>>
File: 10_Retributors.jpg (381KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
10_Retributors.jpg
381KB, 1344x760px
>>55063917
>>
File: 11_Prosecutors.jpg (330KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
11_Prosecutors.jpg
330KB, 1344x760px
>>55063936
>>
>>55063904
>Man his stuff is so cool.
True that, hope I can do the same with my own conversions.
>>
Well, this saves me the trouble of hunting up a Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror stand-in. I'm glad I held off on a few purchases I was looking at for conversion purposes.
>>
>>55063924
Let me guess, the Waaaghcast Orcternals?
>>
>>55061592
This anger....
The WRONG kind of person for this hobby. Remove yourself, thot.
>>
>>55063993
Stormgit Eturnulz I think it was
>>
>>55064049
I like it.
>>
>>55063226
Which program is it?
>>
>>55063904
>>55063917
>>55063936
>>55063954
These look really cool!
>>
>>55063993
>two years and no hellcast destroyers
Get your shit together GW
>>
>>55064064
https://inkarnate.com/
>>
>>55064071
But they already did it.
>>
>>55064049
>>55063993
If I remember right, he was going to run them as orks who respected the SCE fighting so much, they started to idolize it. They felt sigmar was proper orky. But since they couldnt loot the armor, they bashed out their own mockery of SCE armor and painted it with the blue and gold.

That was the idea, but he never made anything.
>>
>>55063431
This is actually a nerf. Damage 1 weapons will do full damage to Stonehorns.
>>
>>55064120
Is it based on real lore? I thought ironjawz are painting their armours yellow because they want it look like looted on stormcasts
>>
>>55064158
The main group of ironjawz, yes, this is true
>>
any chance of seeing the GHB2017 in the next couple of hours?
>>
>>55064073
Cool, thanks
>>
>>55064123
Didn't they before? Also, the nerf is the fix I mentioned.
>>
I noticed that Tomb Kings have a bunch of new keywords like Desert Legions and Embalmed.
>>
>>55063767
Different anon, but how is he wrong? PrimarisCast is not only the only army getting consistent new releases, but they're also getting shoehorned into everything.
>>
>>55064332
That's... Interesting
>>
File: IMG_7860.jpg (98KB, 677x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7860.jpg
98KB, 677x360px
What's a good name for a clan pestilens lair in a mountain? Rotten, Broken or Twisted Fang could be a good idea, but I don't want this to be too tongue in cheek
>>
>>55064374
I was also thinking "Crooked Peak"
>>
>>55064374
Name it after a toilet manufacturer
>>
So, after peaking at the point leaks, I was thinking of running a Phoenix temple list with 3 cryophoenix, 70 Phoenix guard and allying in a couple loremasters. It's just under 2k.
>>
File: IMG_1003.png (181KB, 777x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1003.png
181KB, 777x650px
>>55062426
>The spirit of Durthu planted itself
>planted
>>
>>55064455
>70 Phoenix guard
Fuck that sounds cancerous

Though I guess I'm o e to talk, since I run a fuck load of plague monks
>>
File: 1503706280166.png (3MB, 1346x969px) Image search: [Google]
1503706280166.png
3MB, 1346x969px
I decided to get the Beastclaw Raiders battletome today to read the lore, because I'm thinking about making an army of them in the next few months. The art is actually pretty gorgeous.
>>
File: Nagash AoS.png (1MB, 1161x609px) Image search: [Google]
Nagash AoS.png
1MB, 1161x609px
This is Nagash the Undying King aka Lord of Undeath aka Master of Shyish. Say something nice about him.
>>
File: 07_Lord-Celestant_on_Dracoth.jpg (305KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
07_Lord-Celestant_on_Dracoth.jpg
305KB, 1344x760px
>>55063904
>>55063917
>>55063936
>>55063954
>>
What's the usual delay on books getting added to the App?
>>
>>55063775
>AoS drops, a majority if not all toxic grognards leave

wat

AoS generals were almost unpostable for several months after AoS dropped
>>
>>55064484
Other option is:
Darkling covens
Heroes:
Sorceress 80
Sorceress 80
Battleline:
Darkshards x30 300
Darkshards x30 300
Executioners x30 480
Executioners x20 360
Bleakswords x20 200
Bleakswords x20 200

>>
>>55064594
Different anon. Why were they unpostable?
>>
>>55064594
But the irl community was (and still is) great
>>55064610
salty whfb shitposters everywhere
>>
>>55064610
Angry old guard trolls.
>>
anyone gotten their hands on GHB2017 pdf?
>>
>>55064594
They stayed to shitpost, but i mean actual players. All the toxic assholes left to play KoW and 9th age.

Haha, i remember the great exodus. The KoW players really weren't happy because a bunch of assholes suddenly dropped in and started complaining and just making the scene overall unpleasant. It's funny when it's not happening to you.
>>
>>55064594
>>55064610
They were unpostable because the WHFB playerbase could not accept their game died and were very vocal about it. It's for this reason that AoS STILL has a bad name on /tg/ since, even though the AoS and WHFB players are for the most part not interacting now, if you mention AoS outside of one of it's own threads you're gonna attract shitposters.
Even now we still have drive by shitpostings every once in a while. Though they were more prominent a couple weeks ago when the threads were pretty barren due to the new edition of 40k
>>
File: Shard.jpg (42KB, 558x590px) Image search: [Google]
Shard.jpg
42KB, 558x590px
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gs9ez0xt133lnxf/Generals_Handbook_2017.epub

Up for one hour. Get moving.
>>
>>55064644
Didn't 9th age fucking die after the fans in charge realized that, since it was a fan project, they could push their pet army as much as they want and give them really good rules. After all, who needs self control? It's not like you're trying to make something that'll outlast the thing you're mad at
>>
>>55064649
Yeah i remember it. You couldnt get a discussion about anything in withouth shitposters burying it and idiots constantly taking the bait
>>
>>55064650
>epub
gas. now.
>>
>tomb kings more or less the same
>slight cost increase to settra, but now he isnt a named character so he can take traits and artefacts
>biggest nerf is that you cant use vanhels dance any more
>big nerf to necro knight cost
>big nerf to royal warsphinx cost
>small nerf to necrosphinx

Why are we acting like this is the end of the world? TK will still be fine, they never relied on outside synergy
>>
>>55064650
>uploaded from Poland
Cos Ci nie ufam
>>
>>55064692
Even now, in the other threads on /tg/ people will STILL take the "Bait" and shitpost about it VERY LOUDLY. I'm pretty sure that it's not even salty WHFB players still doing it, it's just people bandwagoning. Whatever though it'll wear off soon enough and cease to exist outside of some small pockets that just look like idiots to everyone else
>>
File: War.png (843KB, 670x874px) Image search: [Google]
War.png
843KB, 670x874px
>>55064650
>>55064707
It's legit, if fucking hard to read.
>>
>>55064703
Because it's easy to have that initial kneejerk reaction of something changing, therefore it's ruined.
>>
>>55064752
USE READIUM
>>
File: 1374573668767.png (83KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
1374573668767.png
83KB, 299x300px
>>55064731
>>55064692
Remember the "how do I use Nids in AoS" shitposting?
>>
>>55064775
I prefer pdf
>>
>>55064731
It is pretty much mostly bandwagoning. Even when neave blacktalon dropped we got a bunch of posts here and elsewhere of "what? i thought sigmarines were just souls in armor like 1k sons!"

Most people just spout the bullshit they see elsewhere and not even bother to get to the truth of anything.
>>
File: 400px-Kosmic_Kroak.jpg (26KB, 400x272px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Kosmic_Kroak.jpg
26KB, 400x272px
>>55064492
You should get out more
>>
>>55064492
He's got sum purty teeth
>>
File: tk.jpg (257KB, 648x845px) Image search: [Google]
tk.jpg
257KB, 648x845px
>>55064650
NEO TOMBKINGS DETECTED
>>
>>55064492
Why did you bring that fucking loser Mannfred back?
>>
>>55064779
Yep
>>55064800
Yep. It's bandwagoning on the loudest opinion. And WHFB players were VERY LOUD.
Still their own damn fault their game died
>>
>>55064650
eh fuck epubs

ill just wait until my copy arrives tomorrow i guess
>>
>>55064842
8th was such shit I can't blame them for not supporting it.
Still, they shouldn't have been so shocked when the axe came down.
>>
>>55064842
ive seen a lot of shitposting from assholes admitting they havent touched their minis in years.

"HOW DARE THEY KILL OFF THE GAME THAT I HAVENT PLAYED IN A LONG TIME!"

Seriosusly, I could count on one hand the amount of time I have seen whfb played in all my years of wargaming, and suddenly everyone acts like their favorite pasttime has been torn to shreds.
>>
>>55064775
Holy shit, that makes a huge difference. Thanks!
>>
File: Hello darkness my old friend.png (792KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hello darkness my old friend.png
792KB, 1360x768px
>>55064873
>buying GW's paper stuff
One day I will be rich enough to do it too, instead of saving every penny on paints
>>
>>55064894
It's honestly astounding that they were so shocked. I mean, they KNEW the game wasn't selling well cause everyone fucking LOVES to parade around GW's financial reports, and if you time travelled back three years, went into one of their threads and said "I'm interested in starting the game and starting brettonnians" one of the FIRST responses you'd get would be were "Don't buy GW minis, buy perry miniatures instead"
>>
>>55064492
>3 titles
You are little baby...
Watch this
>>
>>55064909
That's another thing you saw after the axe came down. People came out of the woodwork saying shit along the lines of "I haven't played whfb in years but how could they kill the game I love so much"
>>
File: tk.jpg (25KB, 307x196px) Image search: [Google]
tk.jpg
25KB, 307x196px
BEASTMEN ARE BEST MEN
>>
So, is it worth starting a Nighthaunt army? Their faction stuff is pretty neat, but I'd fear they lack, well everything.
>>
>>55064976
I love how slaanesh has the ability to just completely shut down any of the "Pick a melee weapon" artifacts
>>
>>55064978
Seconding this - I want to buy few of these new nighthaunt boxes for skirmish and 1000pts games but I don't want to use Mourngul
>>
>>55064978
Nighaunt allies are: Deathlords, Soulblight
So yeah. Go nighthaunt and get some heavy hitting vampires or deathlord allies
>>
>>55065002
I've been thinking of picking up a hosts of Slaanesh army to give some variety other than grots and more grots. How do they play and are daemonettes actually a worthwhile battleline choice?
>>
>>55065062
I've got no personal experience, but from what I hear, the way slaanesh daemons work is that you either win fast or lose fast
>>
File: 9WNoMYu.jpg (193KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
9WNoMYu.jpg
193KB, 800x553px
>>55065002
Looks like ill be using Sigvald as a "Chaos lord" mark of Slaanesh now. His warshrine will still attest to his glory on the battlefield
>>
>>55065062
No ghouls though? Damn. I really like the Terrorgheist. Vampires are probably better anyway.
>>
File: IMG_0688.png (475KB, 400x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0688.png
475KB, 400x609px
Soon
>>
You know, with the new compendiums they actually made a lot of old models useable as replacements for other warscrolls.
>>
>>55065427
I think you meant>>55065049
>>
>>55065539
I just wish that Bretts/TK could ally, kind of lame that they can't.
>>
>>55060976
Queek was too good for the Old world, yet alone this shitty new one.

F
>>
>>55064492
MAN that's cool art

Post more skeleton art pls
>>
i just want to waste my money on one of those gay firestorm boxes god dammit
>>
>>55065560

It actually looks like some of these warscrolls are run-down versions of ones for future armies. For example Gitboss which will likely become a new unit in the gitmob grots army.
>>
>>55065636
wat
>>
>>55065637
are you implying we will get TK back? Don't play with my heart anon.
>>
>>55065540
Fuck. You are absolutely correct.

>>55065427
Is for
>>55065049
>>
>>55065641
Gitboss is new warscroll name including different types of Goblin Warboss, which as far as I know is a new name.

Empire Knights were renamed as Kings of Order and Bretonnian Knights retain a lot of warscroll variety when they could've been easily folded into one, like a lot of other warscrolls were.

>>55065662
The tomb kings compendium is filled with strange new keywords like Embalmed and Desert Legions.
>>
What's a good start for Nighthaunt then? Malignants + the new box?

How are banshees on the table? I like them more than the wraiths, but I'm not sure how well they actually perform.
>>
>>55065823
Also Gitboss is similiar to the name of the Faction Gitmob Grots.
>>
bump limit reached, everyone migrate here i guess
>>55061462
>>55061462
>>55061462
>>
>>55062759
Sure is convenient that you can take her as an ally, isn't it buddy?

Stormcast work with other stormhosts frequently in the books, one often acquiescing command to another without issue.
>>
>>55061005
Are you shitting me? We lost all our battalions, paladin standard bearer is garbage, nerfs to KoTR, Pegasus knights, enchantress.

I used to play Bretonnians, but now they will collect dust
>>
Where can I get some knight helmet bits for my stormcast. Hate their heads right now. I want some m'lady lookin knights or some deus vult dudrs
>>
>>55068264
look on ebay for brettonian heads, or else check bit manufacturers like anvil industries
>>
>>55061308
Who gives a shit about bretfags? We're german not anglo norman.
>>
>>55063307
that model is epic
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.