[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/aosg/ Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 391
Thread images: 73

File: 1456961676691.jpg (1MB, 2129x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1456961676691.jpg
1MB, 2129x3000px
Butthurt compendium cucks edition

Resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>https://mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>https://mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Previously on /aosg: >>55046545
>>
A thread was already made. Migrate here, please
>>55060840
>>55060840
>>55060840
>>
File: Dwarfs (4).jpg (51KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
Dwarfs (4).jpg
51KB, 500x647px
Well, I was hoping for a Dispossessed Allies box for my Kharadron Overlords, but seeing the last thread, now I doubt that will happen
>>
I decided to get the Beastclaw Raiders battletome today to read the lore, because I'm thinking about making an army of them in the next few months. The art is actually pretty gorgeous.
>>
I made a magnetized display board for my army, but with points reductions in GHB 2017 the board is no longer large enough for my army.

Thanks GW.
>>
File: IMG_0688.png (475KB, 400x609px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0688.png
475KB, 400x609px
>>55061462
Soon
>>
>>55065445
>Tomb Kings have new Desert Legions and Embalmed keywords.
I can dream.
>>
File: img5482fa9daf7a1.jpg (87KB, 710x788px) Image search: [Google]
img5482fa9daf7a1.jpg
87KB, 710x788px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>55065602
Fug
>>
>>55065602
Sorceress as a Necromancer stan-in, yay or nay?
>>
>starting a new army now
>cant decide
>Ghosts, Darkling, or Sylvaneth
>so have some old tzeentch daemons from 40k I never use
Why is this so difficult?
>>
>>55065823

Either GW likes to see us suffer and is doing this on purpose with no payoff, or we might actually see Tomb Kings return, holy fuck.
>>
File: AoS-Firestorm-Image1lt.png (1MB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
AoS-Firestorm-Image1lt.png
1MB, 1000x746px
>>55065641
this'n
>>
File: mourning of anger wojàk.png (112KB, 816x758px) Image search: [Google]
mourning of anger wojàk.png
112KB, 816x758px
>tfw fell for the chaos meme
>>
>>55064277
Welcome to the everwinter, frostlord.
Our dudes are indeed awesome models and we have sweet beastlore. Fun to paint, fun to build.

Sadly, you come right after a balance update that ravaged our competitiveness.
Destruction abilities and artefacts totally nerfed into the ground. Our BCR ones are lukewarm at best, though flavorful.
All the battalions require you to waste tons of points on many impractical units, then also cost more on top of that.
Stonehorns got surprise nerfed and are now a slightly weak monster for its points (and so in an outnumbered elite army that is always stretched thin on objectives, our tough to kill dude got way, way easier to kill, especially by even a mid-sized swarm of weak models. Into the trash it goes).

On the plus side, Mournfang cavalry are now downright undercosted and a big bodied, solid, fast battleline. Ogors with gargant hackers are inaccurate, but great damage per hit for a battleline unit.
Thundertusks cost more, but somehow their frozen deathstar cannon remains intact, so rejoice.
We benefit greatly from allies, there being some sweet ogors and casters to bring into the fold.
Enjoy!
>>
So with the Drycha buff (No longer hurts when doing her best Pain impression), and Spite Revenants able to be Battleline now, it is possible to make a fluffy outcast army.

That is kinda neat I guess, but I wonder how it will play,
>>
>>55061462
>Butthurt compendium cucks edition

What did OP mean by this?
>>
>look into Daughters of Khaine because wych cult in 40k
>new box is $100
>wtf.png
>check contents for value
>Cauldron is $75
>sure. It's a <BIG FUCKING THING>
>witch elves are $60
>wat
>make sure I'm not in roobucks
>nope USD
>double check to make sure they're not shitcast
>nope they're plastic
>make sure
>wat continues
Seriously. What the actual fuck? Do they come with free head or something? Sure, this box is valued at $135, but that doesn't mean it's fucking valued at $135. Like, holy fucking shit why are witch elves SIXTY DOLLARS
>>
>>55066486
I have the Christmas box sitting unassembled at home, and I've been debating making outcasts, but I'm not entirely sure about Spites.
>>
>>55066504
Waifu tax
>>
>>55066224
This is slightly distressing as I too just picked up a start collecting too give these guys a bash..
>>
>>55066504
Those kits were released during the worst point of the kirby era. You will see some of that.
>>
>>55066519
They are still kinda "meh" I guess, but when you make them part of the Dreadleaf Wargrove, you can reroll 1 to attacks, and Drycha lets spites within 10 inches reroll 1s to wound. Before it was risky since she would probably kill them, but now that isn't a problem.

They would probably fuck hoard armies over, since they typically have low bravery, and the combination of bravery lowering spells and abilities that come from Spites and Drycha will hit them hard.
>>
>>55066494
I don't play a compendium army, but I don't understand this move by GW. They don't need to actively support models they don't sell anymore, but they made the compendiums originally to appease players. They could have left those warscrolls alone and never had to work on them again. But they bothered to edit them all just to remove keywords in a move that seems either spiteful or greedy. What's the harm in letting old warscrolls keep the new abilities? Punishing players for wanting to use their entire collection won't inspire them to buy more shit.
>>
>>55066632
Players who couldn't let go of their old armies were unlikely to buy more shit in the first place.
>>
>>55066569
Welp... I guess I'm not starting DoK then. That's a fucking travesty. In fact, im not seeing any reason to start up any type of elf army. Darklings looked cool, and since I play Deldar in 40k I figured I'd take a look, but they don't really have anything. They have what, 7 options? Two of them are the same thing just not riding a dragon.

I WANT to start something in AoS, but everything that jumps out at me is like half a faction or not even a faction. At least in 40k, each army is loaded with possibility.
>>
>>55066494
The new compendiums folded a lot of models into warscrolls, lost their faction keywords and got heavily nerfed.

The folding is actually a cool idea to let you play with the old models without the developers having to keep going back to make these units competitive.

However it seems that Wanderers really got their butts kicked and most of their warscrolls are now useless.

On the other hand there are a lot of new weird stuff in the name of the warscrolls that imply that more stuff will get new battletomes.
Examples:
* Tombs Kings having Desert Legions, Embalmed, Mortuary Cult keywords.
* Empire Knights were renamed Knights of Order and Brettonian Knights having lot of variety when they could be folded.
* Goblin Warboss renamed into Gitboss, which is similar to Gitmob Grots faction.
>>
>>55066632
Some of the compendium units needed a chance, since they would become powerful with the addition of the new allegiance abilities (for example, pretty much any of the Compendium Wood Elves with Wanderer abilities become annoying), and since they aren't sold anymore, it would give people fortunate enough to have them an advantage.

It is stupid how they decided to completely remove most buffs from these units, THEN remove their faction keyword so they can't be taken. It wouldn't be so bad if they gave them a new keyword, and released an ally chart of some kind that shows what army can take what compendium as allies.
That way you can still use them in small amounts, and they don't become over powered since they don't share the allegiance benefits.
>>
>>55066689
The Sorceresses are basically magical dominatrix empresses.
>>
>>55066698
In my opinion they should've just folded more Wood Elf units into Wanderer Warscrolls.
>>
>>55066693
I honestly feel like GW is waiting for the TK DLC for TWhammer to do anything about the TK. If it does well, then guess who's comin' back?
>>
>>55066776
Youre an idiot. TWWH has been doing well, and nothing removed from fantasy has come back. What makes you think some DLC played by players of a computer game will bring the TK back.

Its not going to happen. Let it go. Let it all go. If anything, these warscroll changes are pretty fucking clear that GW is done with any remnants of old warhammer.

Just let it go, man.
>>
File: but why.png (1004KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
but why.png
1004KB, 960x716px
>>55066562
I bought into BCR 3 weeks ago, assembled and gave them a coat of primer. Played against my buddy's ironjawz. 5 brutes near a megaboss and warchanter watched the brutes charge my 460 point stonehorn and full-to-dead kill it in one combat, even after cutting their total damage in half.

Next turn two thundertusks dealt 13 mortal wounds disintegrating the brutes. One unit of two mournfang models then stuck the mega boss and chanter in combat for 3 turns without dying, killing both slowly but surely.

>my face when stonehorns nerfed.
>>
Is pure Deathrattle good? What command trait and artefact should I give to the Wight King?
>>
>>55066810
By adding a lot of new keywords that makes no sense otherwise?

And I also find Tomb King players "soons" annoying.
>>
Shitarse GW wank
>>
File: IMG_4712.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4712.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>55066689
Here, check this out, darkling covens are going to be neat.
>>
>>55066948
I want to see the Artefacts!
>>
File: IMG_4713.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4713.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>55066983
Merry birthday
>>
>>55066996
Also, gonna go take a shower, but I can post some more for those curious few after I'm out. Just let me know.
>>
>In a Pitched Battle, your general must be a Leader, and may not be an ally
>must be a Leader

Good change
>>
>>55067034
Dang it
That means i can't have Arkhan as my general
>>
>>55066948
I saw that, which I think is cool as shit. It's the options for the army that are missing. It's like Nighthaunt. They have cool shit, too. However, they too are generally lacking in units. Idk, maybe I'm just being autistic.
>>
Pitched Battle Battleplan initial impressions

1. Knife to the Heart
This seems to be a slightly modified Take & Hold. Capture both objectives to win instantly starting on round 3.
The key difference is the deployment. Instead of facing down each other 24" away you can start with units 18" away from the enemy front line. There is also more space in the deployment for flanking maneuvers. Many units can make turn 1 charges on this map, or be in range to put out some serious shooting damage.

2. Total Conquest
Standard objective control map with a twist:
If you have a unit with 20+ models you control that objective, regardless of how many models the enemy has within 6". It does not say you need 20+ models "wholly within" so this means if you have one guy from a unit of 20+ within 6" of the objective then you can claim the objective. This is certainly why they included the phrase "a unit can only help to control one objective at a time".
You gain 1 VP for each objective you control at the end of your turn.
You gain 1 bonus VP if you seized the objective this turn (ie: it belonged to the enemy at the start of your turn). This encourages you to give up an objective at deployment to bait the enemy into taking it, so you can capture it and score 2 points instead of 1.
Going first here seems like a bad idea since you won't be able to capitalize on the bonus VP mechanic.

Very cool map, look forward to playing it.

To be continued
>>
Bretonnian Nerf list
>King no more battleshock test is now limited range to 24" (deserved)
>Fey enchantress no long heals allies, only self
>Paladin on food no longer can do single attack for d6 mortal, not only adds +1 to dmg VS undead or daemons.
>Knights of the Realm no longer get 2 attacks with lances for being 10+ models, instead +1 to hit
>Archers can no longer arrow storm if enemy is within 3, lose their reroll 1 to wound Permanently if engaged in melee, same with Stakes.
>Paladin with banner no longer gives reroll charge rolls if people can see him make a charge
>Fey enchantress spell now only gives +1 to melee attacks, not ranged
>Trebuchet now - 1 to hit targets it can't see
>We no longer have battalions
>Pegasus can't pile in and attack twice in a charge phase any more, just standard +1 to wound, +1 to dmg on the charge, which puts them at the level they were before, without charging
>didn't notice any point changes.

Buff
Grail knight buffs?
Characters can take order artifacts
>>
File: IMG_1144.png (182KB, 377x303px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1144.png
182KB, 377x303px
anyone got the new destruction allegiance abilities? I couldn't find it in the older threads if it was posted.
>>
>>55066996
Thats not the artefacts of the Darkling Covens...
>>
File: IMG_1137.png (110KB, 244x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1137.png
110KB, 244x331px
>>55066996
Oh, there's half of them. Now I just need artefacts.
>>
File: IMG_4724.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4724.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>55067268
MErry birthday
>>
File: IMG_4725.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4725.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>55067268
Merry birthday part 2
>>
File: IMG_4726.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4726.png
1MB, 750x1334px
>>55067298
My bad, misclick
>>
>>55067257
Paladin on FOOD?
>>
>>55067343
>>55067356
Thanks pal
~~Mwah! <3
>>
>>55067395
Foot
>>
>>55067225
3. Duality of Death
It's Three Places of Power with only 2 objectives and they can be captured by Behemoths as well as a HERO. Also, you heal every turn you sit on the objective.
Also, the deployment is restricted to funnel people into fighting in the middle. Armies with lots of models will struggle to get the deployment they want since they're losing the normal 12" x 12" slice on each side of their deployment zone.
You want to bring tough single models like a Bastiladon and units like Longstrikes that can efficiently deal with single targets.
I don't know how to deal with a Bastiladon sitting on an objective here. 2+ rerollable save that ignores all Rend and mortal wounds on 4+ and healing 1/2/3 per turn seems too hard to take down.

4. Battle for the Pass
It's Border War but the deployment is swapped. This deployment style incentivizes long range units since you can sit far away from the enemy, and to beat that you want deep strike units.
Not much more to say about that. Seems like the most "standard" map so far.
>>
>>55067189
I don't think you're being autistic. A sample army of a darkling covens force I was thinking about is this.
Darkling covens
Heroes:
Sorceress 80
Sorceress 80
Sorceress 80
Battleline:
Darkshards x30 300
Darkshards x30 300
Executioners x30 480
Executioners x20 360
Bleakswords x40 320

>>
The Neave model is pretty fucking bananas.

7 base attacks, +1 for every 6 to hit.
>>
>>55067407
5. Starstrike
It's Gift of the Heavens but with 3 meteors. The first one lands in the 2nd round in the middle of the board and then in the 3rd round a meteor drops in each players territory.
You need to be within 3" to control these objectives, which means you can easily block the enemy from getting near them.
You can't commit to fighting on turn 1 here because you don't know where the meteor will drop. If you try to take the whole map then you spread yourself too thin, but if you commit to one side then you risk losing because of a dice roll. You want to sit back the first turn and see what happens. Heavily promotes shooting armies since you don't want to engage turn 1.
Very interesting map.

6. Scorched Earth
6 objectives, 3 in each players territory, each worth 1 point at the end of the turn.
You can destroy your opponents objectives for D3 points and permanently remove them from the map.

This promotes defending all 3 of your points, which means synergy armies like Free people will really struggle here. A suicidal marauding force that destroys one of your objectives can end the game if you don't have the power to do the same back to their side of the board.
You can either play this as a pillager, swooping into enemy territory and destroying their objectives, or as a defender that tries to hold back the pillager and then riposte. For the former you want fast, aggressive units that can punch through battlelines, and for the latter you want a lot of shooting and mobility to capture the enemy objectives.
Going first here is a tremendous benefit! If you can score 3 + D3 and your opponent only scores 2 on the first round then you are very likely to win the game... unless you get double turned and lose 2 of your own objectives.
>>
>>55067483
Is there a starter box for any of that or is that all just taken up the ass?
>>
>stormcast can ally with literally any order faction
>any order faction can ally with stormcast

Hmmm

>seraphon can only bring Stormcast allies

I kinda like this from a fluff perspective. Normal people treat the Seraphon like enemies, or at least don't trust them enough to fight alongside them.
>>
>>55067621
Why are Wanderers still allied to Sylvaneth? They killed everytning wood elf about them now.
>>
>>55067634
They're like distant cousins

They used to live in the realm of life and they worship life magic/alarielle, but during the age of chaos they had to flee.

Sylvaneth see them not only as traitors, but as people divorced from their ability to live with nature.

Source: Grand Alliance Order
>>
>>55067585
No starter unfortunately, so only your average LGS discount which is about 550 at 15% off retail. Now you can make it cheaper by dropping infantry and putting in a dragon or something. I just like the idea of a lethal legion of aelves.
>>
>>55067483
To further my concern about a starter box:

>Sorceress 80
>Sorceress 80
>Sorceress 80
$15 each. Sadly it's expected.
$45 for them

>Darkshards x30 300
>Darkshards x30 300
$35 for 10, that's $210

>Executioners x30 480
>Executioners x20 360
>Bleakswords x40 320
FIFTY DOLLARS PER 10
That's $450 for the above units.

All in all, that's a whopping $710.
>>
>>55067665
>see them as traitors
>still ally with them
Why
>>
>phoenix stone now heals 1 wound in EACH PLAYERS hero phase
>obstinate blade and relic blade can be used on mount weapons

Why do Seraphon get a +1 Rend relic when there is an Order relic that does the same thing?
>>
>>55067699
Don't buy MSRP anon. GW allows sellers to go up to a 15% discount, so make sure of it.
>>
>>55067703
because they still love nature and worship alarielle

theres also thousands of years of kinship before the age of chaos forced the wanderers to flee the realm of life
>>
>>55066224
That's disappointing to hear, but not enough to deter me. I just love the models primarily, and I'm having fun thinking of some fluff for My Dudes. Probably won't start working on them until this GW Path to Glory event is over.
>>
>>55067710
That's still insane, though. I could get a lot more from an army with a boxed set for the same price. Darklings are cool, but needing 9+ $50 boxes remind me of why I stopped playing fantasy.
>>
>>55067257
The Paladin has no save or is a compendium mistake?
>>
>>55067722
Just about every Battalion went up in points though. Even with a nerfed destruction ability, increased cost for the powerful beasts, and a bit of a nerf to Stonehorn durability, you're still going to have an incredibly powerful army. You're no longer brainlessly rolling a majority of your opponents anymore.
>>
>>55067732
It's a steep price. The other army I'm looking at getting is 70 Phoenix guard, 3 cryophoenix with anointed, anointed on foot and ally in 2 loremaster for 2000 points exactly. And after discounts is only 400.
>>
TK warscroll changes

>tomb herald bodyguard requires 2+, no longer automatic
>tomb scorpion must set up >9" away from an enemy, used to be >6"
>they removed the spell to summon skeleton crew for catapults

Anyone notice anything else?
>>
>>55067733
Youre talking about the noble champion? He has a 3+ save. I know this because the text for it is hidden behind the image. If you open the PDF, and click and drag the area where the save is, you hilite something. Copy and paste it into notepad or something and it comes up with a 3+
>>
>>55067778
Nighthaunt is fairly cheap because I have two box seats to pick from. I was kinda hoping they could ally ghouls because then I could grab a Flesheater box because I love the Dragon/Terrorgeihst kit. I could still get just that kit for the the vampire, which is a better ally I guess.

Idk, I'm all over the place.
>>
>>55067930
Dude I know your pain, I was originally going to get 6 boxes of the barrowlords, but once I saw the point deductions on my old love the Phoenix guard, I was conflicted lol
>>
>>55067843
>>55067733
Ffs boys, 2+ 3+ reroll in 1s, two attacks and two dmg a model
That's how good you could make the knights. I might just sell for profit and call it for these boys.
>>
Since Crown of Conquest got nerfed to unusable and Skaven Chieftan with Standard is a wet fart now. What do I do to functionally run Skaven Verminus.
>>
>>55068029

Yea. There really isn't anything that says "Pick me! Definitely this!" to me. It's frustrating.
>>
Where can I get some knight helmet bits for my stormcast. Hate their heads right now. I want some m'lady lookin knights or some deus vult dudes
>>
File: 58b.png (175KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
58b.png
175KB, 600x600px
Neave Blacktalon didn't have HERO keyword.
>>
File: IMG_1138.png (272KB, 709x474px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1138.png
272KB, 709x474px
>Moonclan grots get a ten point increase
>with the maximum unit discount, they wind up costing as much as they did before the point increase

Cheeky fuckers
>>
>>55068432

I always liked grots, specifically spooder grots and magehat grots, but the thought of having to paint a gorillion tiny gobbos makes me want to crawl into a corner and die.
>>
>>55067777
nice quads, human.
The battalions went up, your little dudes went down and it almost evens out depending.

Skal used to be okay but with allies hunter+cats is shit, even for less points per model now.
All the other close ones require non-frostlord stonehorns and beastriders, and those were arguably not worth it before the nerf, and now definitely not. A sub-par artefact and slightly less drops is way not worth spending an extra ~2-300 points on shit.

460pt Frostlord used to be a beast with battlebrew and old stone skeleton. Without battlebrew he hits like a 400pt hero, if he isn't on the charge he hits like a 350pt hero. With stone skeleton either half working or entirely not affecting anything depending on who's swinging, he's worth 100 less points.
Without both? Take an equivalent point value of mournfang it's not even close.

Your mournfang are now great for their price and thundertusk is a slightly costlier, less mobile, but still terrifying death cannon. Load up on both and get yourself some ally ogor butcher wizards imo
>>
>>55068444
Moonclan are simple since they're mostly two colors
>>
noob question, can I remove slain models that are in combat range essentially removing the unit from combat by being farther than 3" away from the attacking unit?
>>
Anyone here painted Drycha? Any sub-assemblies recommended or just build and paint?
>>
>>55068056
Greyseer can keep your rats around a little longer>>55068200
>>
If I ordered the Warlord edition of the generals handbook to my local gw, will it be available to pick up today, or will I have to wait longer. Because I got an email saying that it was dispatched just a few hours ago
>>
>>55068573
W-why was I quoted?
>>
Well, I bought Spire of Dawn just the other day and have Skaven Pestilens starter box.
Hope my army isn't useless with the new changes because I wanted to focus on Verminus
>>
File: BOSS A DEM NIGHT GOBLINS.jpg (289KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
BOSS A DEM NIGHT GOBLINS.jpg
289KB, 1024x640px
>>55068464
Yeah Moonclan are pretty much "My first horde army" the army.

I love them to death, but it is very much true. Easy to assemble. Easy to paint. Very straightforward tactics with them for the most part (Send Horde forward. Have big thing flank/ have fast thing steal objective)
>>
File: 1501174017439.png (151KB, 474x426px) Image search: [Google]
1501174017439.png
151KB, 474x426px
>>55065976
MFW the memeposters were right
>>
File: 1374034098395.jpg (259KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
1374034098395.jpg
259KB, 1296x972px
just got done painting 40 god damned clan ratties for a verm list...
is the army completely unviable now?
>>
>>55068563
Her blue inset pieces can be a bit of a bitch after assembly, but aside from that its not too bad
>>
File: 1502034094526.jpg (146KB, 850x964px) Image search: [Google]
1502034094526.jpg
146KB, 850x964px
>>55068901
We don't really have an army the same way others do. Yet. You can take your shitload of clan rats and Stormvermin with your allies of other stuff, but personally I'm just playing Skryre with my 400 points of Clanrats as my allies.
>>
Is now a good time to start a deathrattle army with the release of the new generals handbook?
>>
>>55069134
Didn't DR get literally nothing?
>>
>>55069159
Grave Guard battleline if allegiance.
>>
>>55066776

>Being this deluded

You need to go back.
>>
>>55068349

It's so that she can't be your general.

She's an assassin, not a leader.
>>
I have the Gnarlroot Wargrove box sitting here, and I'm trying to get motivated. How bad would it be if I made 10 Spites-revenants instead of tree revs?
>>
>>55069394
Do you have Drycha? If so, a bodyguard of Spites wouldn't be horrible.
>>
>>55067257
Not gonna mention the fact that +1 to saves became reroll saves of 1? For practically everybody?
Grail Knights also got nerfed, they lost their reroll to hit.
>>
do we have a pdf yet?
>>
File: blacktalon.png (3MB, 1866x1238px) Image search: [Google]
blacktalon.png
3MB, 1866x1238px
>>55068349
Lack of space?
>>
That box better have a Knight Zephyros warscroll in it as well as the named character. There's no fucking way I'm using that gold paint scheme on her.
>>
>>55069646
What paint scheme are you planning to give her Anon?
>>
I am so sad that all the characters are gone.
>>
>>55066632
People could potentially gain advantage by using OOP models in their updated armies as allies/keyword units that new players would not have. Yes, it's unlikely, but people who still cling to the compendiums are not paying customers. It's like support for windows XP- sure you could do it indefinitely, but the point is to get people to move to Win 10. It's nothing personell kid, just business.
>>
File: IMG_20170817_001656.jpg (40KB, 528x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170817_001656.jpg
40KB, 528x313px
>>55069532
I have pic related
>>
>>55069646
The box doesn't Include a generic eats roll for her. You must paint her in the hammers Of Sigmar colors. The warsroll says so.
>>
File: IMG_1022.png (125KB, 341x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1022.png
125KB, 341x344px
>>55069774
Oh no, all the old one dimensional characters are gone, but look! Yet more one dimensional characters are coming!

>caring about Warhammer characters
>>
>>55068509
You can assign damage as you see fit, but it all happens at the end of the combat between the units, so it won't save you this round.
>>
>>55069134
Better than before it, for sure. You might want to wait for Shadespire, we're supposed to hear from it in about one month and it has new Skellies, so maybe a Battletome with it.
>>
>>55069977
Lots of the characters and Lore I liked about the Old World were not one dimensional.

I enjoy the Age of Sigmar game, but it's setting is trash, and I was glad the compendiums gave old characters rules (Even if some of them ended up with really stupid ones.)

Losing the old characters just to use them in place of generics is awful.
>>
Guys, help me out a sec.
Haven't had the chance to look at the new book. How are Kurnoth hunters looking? I want to buy some, but if they've been neutered I'll pass.
>>
>>55069977
I'm still salty the Blood of Nagash trilogy will forever miss its third volume.
>>
>>55070041
You're right. A few of them had the depth of old Saturday morning cartoon villains.
>>
>>55070041
>Teeny Bikini skink
>All skaven characters were comedy slapstick shits

Karl Franz. Karl Franz was fun, that's about it. Everyone else was a cheap copy of some myth or another.
>>
>Still can't use the Mortis Engine in a Nighthaunt army, even as an ally
Thank you, GW. That's the best start collecting ever
>>
>>55067407
Only not Behemot heroes heal in duality of death.
>>
>>55065906
Not many would have a problem with that, but there'd be an unspoken assumption that you're doing it because you objectify women
>>
>Wulfrik the Wanderer is now replaced with a generic Lord of Chaos
fuck

my army completely doesn't work now

jfc why? what was so wrong?
>>
>>55069134
They didn't get Allegiance, which means that they are going to get a Battletome.
>>
File: Stormboy (1).jpg (104KB, 562x919px) Image search: [Google]
Stormboy (1).jpg
104KB, 562x919px
Where can I find a blank version of this pic so I can test my colour schemes on it?
>>
>>55070247
Sure thing mate - same as gitmob, greenskinz and deadwalkers :^)
>>
>>55070250
I don't think there is one but you can ask on drawthread or on the /r/ about making one for
>>
>>55070215
Can't you make that other thing instead?
>>
File: WIN_20170808_22_51_07_Pro.jpg (271KB, 1600x896px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170808_22_51_07_Pro.jpg
271KB, 1600x896px
Got a box full of ol' Nerdmens, so are the "unique" heros still usable? Like Tehenhauin? Pic related, a finished metal stegadon.
>>
I've lost interest in AoS now that it seems that big hordes are the rage, I miss 5th edition...
>>
File: 1482887932313.png (47KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
1482887932313.png
47KB, 500x430px
>>55070242
I mean holy shit I have no idea what I am going to do for my list now

my collection:
>5 blood warriiors (gorefists)
>1 khorgorath
>1 bloodsecrator
>1 bloodstoker
>30 Bloodreavers (blades)
>30 Marauders (axes and shields)
>10 Marauder Horsemen (all with javelins)
>1 Warshrine
>1 Lord of Chaos

What can I add or replace to make 1000 point list that is actually capable of anything?
>>
File: Stormboy blank.jpg (174KB, 562x919px) Image search: [Google]
Stormboy blank.jpg
174KB, 562x919px
>>55070268
Already did it myself
>>
>>55070294
Yea. Reminds me of a bad time. That being said, I still ran msu Glade guard because fuck the meta
>>
>>55070280
Are you retarded? Why would I build the Mortis Engine as a Vampire Counts Coven Throne if I want to make a Nighthaunt army?
>>
>>55070004
Thanks, I understand this round is useless, but it will allow me to retreat without compromising my units fighting ability next turn and in some cases allowing me the chance for charge bonuses.
>>
>>55070343
Potentially, yes. Although if you lose enough models to gain 3+" distance, I'd worry about battleshock.
>>
>>55070316
Because you literally can't take a Mortis Engine as a Nighthaunt army?
>>
>>55070380
But I don't want to use the Coven Throne. I wanted to use Mortis Engine because it fits the ary theme. Jesus, they even put the fuckin engine on the start collecting box art - not the coven throne
>>
>>55070426
I get what you're saying 100%, but unfortunately, you can't use it in a Nighthaunt army. It's stupid. You can, however, use the Throne. Only Soulblight and Deathlords for the ghosties. NH is on my list of things I want to start, and I'm debating if I want to do it.
>>
>>55070459
I really wanted to do ghosties too, but if you have alliegence you lose your death save, and gain deepstrike instead. Its not at all worth it
>>
>>55070490
You also get some neat abilities, though while getting ghost Battleline
>>
>>55070490
You still get your death save.
>>
>>55070459
Yeah, but that's just stupid. GW could just slap the nighthaunt keyword on it and call it a day. I will just buy two new nighthaunt boxes, banshee and two boxes of hosts for 1000pts
>>
>>55070546
How are banshees?
>>
>>55070562
They don't seem to be a very good unit but I love the model so I want to use one in my army
>>
>>55070574
I love it, too. I actually want to get one and use it for Sylvaneth, which is my other consideration.
>>
>>55068773
same, im waiting for a pdf of the ghb2 to see if I should bother continuing my skaven investment or to give up AoS altogether.
>>
>>55070294
Hordes are viable again? Awesome!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1486887372915.jpg (599KB, 900x833px) Image search: [Google]
1486887372915.jpg
599KB, 900x833px
New High Elves anytime soon ?
>>
>>55070490
But you do get the death save
They nerfed generic death for this exact reason
>>
>>55069774
This way old players can still use their models without the developers having to constantly thinking about balance or nerfing it to the ground.

Honestly warscrollfolded characters is the best compromise the devs made.
>>
File: Stormboy green colour scheme.jpg (343KB, 562x919px) Image search: [Google]
Stormboy green colour scheme.jpg
343KB, 562x919px
What do you think about this colour scheme?

Green is Caliban Green

Red is Mephiston Red

Purple is Screamer Pink

Gold is Liberator Gold
>>
>>55070649
elves never ever
>>
Newfag here.

How are beastmen nowadays? Can I reasonably expect to win and have some good matches if I take them, generic Warriors of chaos and some daemons?
>>
>>55070662
Santas little helpers?
>>
>>55070507
>though while getting ghost Battleline

You can take the GA bonus with Nighthaunt allegiance, or does it change?
>>
How would a good list for vampire counts look like? No TK and no named characters.
>>
>want to get into AoS
>stationed overseas in Okinawa, JP
>even if i get miniatures shipped out to me to paint, doubt I'd find anyone to play with

Any other military/ anons have advice for this? Anyone here in JP currently? Is there a way to play this over long distances or something?
>>
>>55070699
Didn't actually realise that lol
>>
>>55070711
Look around for gaming clubs you bloody crayoneater.
>>
So with my rats army crippled I have to buy 9 stormfiends and at least one cannon or start a new army. I wanted to try something different for a while so maybe it's a good moment for doing this.

So tell me, are Seraphon a good faction for budget gaming? I want to play skirmish and 1000pts games at best building a 2000pts army that's gonna catch dust now was a mistake and I won't make it again. Seraphon start collecting seems to be a decent deal and it's a good source of saurus warriors and knights but I will have to buy a Skink Starpriest and Skinks separately.
I was playing only chaos until now so I just started looking at Seraphon as "my dudes" candidates but I want to try my best in painting models motley and bright and lizard models are actually growing on me desu.

If not Seraphon, is there any other faction that fulfill these requirements:
>Cheap to build for Skirmish and 1000pts games
>Possible to be based on boxed deals like start collecting boxes
>Has a playable skirmish hero that costs ~18 renown so I can actually play the skirmish campaign
>>
>>55070731
>implying I'm a muhreen
>>
>>55070742
It's time to be a socialfag mate. Find a FB group for foreigners in Okinawa/JP and ask about LGSs. Also you have a GW store on Okinawa
>>
File: 1474813629384.jpg (328KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1474813629384.jpg
328KB, 960x1280px
>>55070711
Dont you guys get long stretches of having fuck all to do ? Ask the dudes in your unit to get involved.
>>
>>55070764
Uh, my bad - it's not a GW store. It's an independent retailer - CARDBOX Chatan Shop
>>
While I'm sad about losing my chieftan bsb for my verminus army, taking stormvermin as battleline is sure to create enough tears to satisfy my salt deficiency
>>
Loads of marines play 40k but IDK about sigmar
t. Stationed at camp lejeune
>>
File: Slann.jpg (103KB, 828x512px) Image search: [Google]
Slann.jpg
103KB, 828x512px
>>55070736
Seraphon imo are one of the most money efficient armies out there

Another one could be Ironjawz, they have great boxes, both the skirmish one and the Start Collecting! and theyr Warchanter is 16 renown

But I'd honestly go gor the Lizards too
I really like theyr aesthetic, they'r fun to paint, and as we said before they'r pretty economic to collect

The only bad thing about them I can think abour is they are not a "spotlight race" and they might become a bit forgotten, but that will change if people actually buys and plays them
>>
>>55070768
That pic is badass wew
>>
>>55070808
Generic bad dude with obscured face and glowing eyes walking towards you. Meh.
>>
>>55070825
Generic comment to laugh about someone's tastes. Bleh.
>>
File: Disdain for plebs.jpg (25KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
Disdain for plebs.jpg
25KB, 400x462px
>>55070808
>>55070825
>>55070841
>>
>>55070769
Oh shit. I didn't even realize this. Honestly, I didn't search because I didn't figure that sort of shit would be here. But Chatan is like 5 minutes from my house.

Thanks m8
>>
File: Lizardmen_symbol.png (134KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
Lizardmen_symbol.png
134KB, 300x347px
>>55070802
>Seraphon imo are one of the most money efficient armies out there
I'm sold
I wasn't interested by Seraphon points update and allegiance abilities in GHB17 - any big changes for this faction?
Also I heard that Seraphon SC box is a great deal but also a trap because something is wrong with the units within it so it's hard to expand it effectively.
>>
>>55070888
Seraphon are indeed and extremely money efficient army as their start collecting box is basically the price of the carnasaur, with the other stuff for free. The warriors are okay, but yeah the cavalry suck though. Temple guard come at reasonable prices and you get plenty of them.

The new GHB was very kind to them
>>
We need a Wight King on Bone Dragon for Deathrattle book.
>>
>>55070888
>Seraphon SC box is a great deal but also a trap because something is wrong with the units within it

Yeah, that problem is the guy on the carnosaur, although being cool and epic and all, it hinders the rebuyability of the box. Same happens with the Deathrattle one.

Why is that?

Well, a fast way to build an army would be to boy several SC! boxes since they include a lot of models at lower cost.
But since the box contains a hero that you will propably just want one in your army, makes it less effective.
Also, the guys alone costs 65€, as much as the box, wich in this case is bad, becase the SC! boxes never go beyond twice the value, and we can see the same here. As I've said early the carnosaur alone costs 65€, then 8 Saurus Knights are 30€ and finally a box of 20 Saurus Warrriors is 30€, in the box just come 12, so theyr price would be around 17€ more or less
That makes a total of 112€ wich, divided by 2, makes 56€. So yeah, more or less all the models are at half the price.
And, by this logic, if we subtitued the yet awesome carnosaur but a cheaper Seraphon Hero, like for expample an Oldblood for just 12€, we could get 53 more € woth of models, and would augment the rebuyability of the box itself.

That said, it is still a pretty good box, and the Seraphon model being one of the cheapest, it all balances out pretty favorably.
>>
>they changed settra's name on the app to tomv king on exalted chariot
>click to go to the warscroll
>its still settra's old one
>>
>>55070963
I don't understand how they could do this one simple thing to incompetently.

All they had to do was update the compendium warscrolls to keep with the current balance and features with GH2, add some keywords to keep things consistent, and that's it.

How did they fuck up something so simple? re all the talented GW peeps on 40k at the moment or something?
>>
>>55070983
I dont know about other compendiums, but the tomb kings one was done really well, their units all kept their internal balance, and their new keyword replacements are fluffy as fuck, the only thing they lost in reality were the two battalions, and their two named characters.
>could i still use their batallion since i have access to its most recent warscroll and point value? I want my fluffy legion of Egyptian bonemen
>>
Do we have a PDF version? I hate the epub ones - they never work fine for me
>>
So, how are Seraphon? I was considering them or Sylvanth, though I heard rumors of a Deathrattle update soon?
>>
>>55070705
You get either one, but NH has the death save anyways
>>
>>55071074
>>55070736
>>55070802
>>55070888
>>55070953

About Deathrattle being renewed, it's a rumor, yeah
>>
the wight king's left foot is sculpted onto a square base

Is this some kind of joke?
>>
>>55071120
i meant right foot, I'm a retard
>>
Is there any place to get GHB 2017, or a /quickrundown/ on all the changes? I've looked in the pastebins and stuff but can't find anything.
>>
>>55071120
The box comes with round base for him, so they must've solved the issue.
>>
File: 99070207004_WightKingSprue01.jpg (60KB, 920x950px) Image search: [Google]
99070207004_WightKingSprue01.jpg
60KB, 920x950px
>>55071138
>>55071120
Just cut it off and glue on the round base
>>
>>55071157
not yet
>>
>>55070649
elves are going to get squatted
>>
New to AoS, and WH entirely. Are these supposed to be played with an overarching story, or?
>>
>>55071157
A friendly anon put the whole thing up for download about six hours ago.
>>
File: 14-44-01.png (196KB, 392x255px) Image search: [Google]
14-44-01.png
196KB, 392x255px
>>55071120
>>55071165

This was a square base of lord of chaos.
>cut the edges
>glue it on round base
>cover the edges with something
>>
>>55071263

Difference between Lord of Chaos and the Wight King though is the Lord of Chaos can still be assembled without the square base since 1 foot is normal and the other is on a rock that's gets glued to the base (I just glued mine straight to a 40mm round base and used slate to hide the gap).

Wight King's foot is literally part of the base, but your idea would probably work.
>>
>>55071248
There is a story going on, but you are free to ignore it. The realms are huge, and there's enough un-defined or roughly described places to fit whatever you want in.
>>
>>55071248

Nope. Really none of your games have to be connected in anyway,

However a lot of players have a lot of fun forming histories and overall story arcs for their armies.

Some people participate in campaign games, in which battles led from to another as part of a narrative and how previous battles can affect later ones. This is also true for the Skirmish N duchess Path to Glory rules, which have a stronger focus on narrative than the normal game with unit progression and the like.
>>
>>55071253
Liar!
>>
>>55071375
Last thread, about 3/4 of the way through, its a mediafire link hidden behind spoilers
>>
File: GHB2017-Allies-Table.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
GHB2017-Allies-Table.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
For your viewing pleasure
>>
File: 1501387110882.jpg (45KB, 514x800px) Image search: [Google]
1501387110882.jpg
45KB, 514x800px
Realm of shadow reveal of sick shadow Aelves when?

you know its inevitable
try not to be triggered by elves
I know its hard to control your autism
>>
File: photo_2017-08-26_15-06-40.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-08-26_15-06-40.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>55071293
>a pic of wight king from a friend of mine who painting it right now
maybe this can help you
>>
>>55071394
>SCE can't allie with shit

Why is that?
>>
>>55071431
Ok ok I understood it the opposite lol
How silly
>>
File: 1489023121923.jpg (629KB, 800x932px) Image search: [Google]
1489023121923.jpg
629KB, 800x932px
>>55071397
>Shadow Aelves
You can already play them, anon
>>
>>55071469
Slaanesh will get my $$$ when it gets a battletome. I am wise to GW's game. If an army doesn't have a battletome its a trap/joke.
>>
I just finished reading Auction of Blood. LOVED IT. Man, I'd like to read a whole series about Pallen Bok's shenanigans.
>>
File: Stormcast_eternal_by_kinmonon.jpg (120KB, 1024x712px) Image search: [Google]
Stormcast_eternal_by_kinmonon.jpg
120KB, 1024x712px
>>55071375
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gs9ez0xt133lnxf/Generals+Handbook+2017.epub
Any more spoonfeeding you need doing, assclown?
>>
>>55071601
Good, now upload it.
>>
File: 1367203249884.png (77KB, 353x322px) Image search: [Google]
1367203249884.png
77KB, 353x322px
>>55071009
Bump this
>>
>>55066840
> two units dealt 13 mortals wounds (12 on two 2+, one stupid vulture wound)
This is why I will always hate beastclaw. Nerf the fucking Thundertusk
>>
>>55070316
> anon tries to be helpful
> other anon calls him retarded
Fatbeard with zero friends detected
>>
>>55071530
Even if Slaanesh gets a battletome, s/he will still be a trap
>>
>>55071807
if it wasn't obvious enough with him getting super salty about muh nighthaunt army
>>
>>55070662
CHRISTMAS TIME IN AZYRHEIM
>>
>>55071603
It was baleet but it was already upload by mega anon.

mega.nz/F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>>55071530
Slaanesh will get my $$$ when they have model that doesn't look like shit. Like of all the Chaos gods, slaanesh will always look like it was the filler one.
>>
>>55066861
They are one of the better death factions to use on their own, since they can just bury enemies under a hoard of bones.

I plan on giving my Wight King the "Master of the Black Arts" ability so he can case Mystic Shield, and the Tomb Blade so he can heal up a little bit.

NOBODY EXPECTS THE SKELETON WIZARD!
>>
>>55070711
Listen up Marine.
You have a lot more important things to do in Nippon than AoS.
Go out there and slam all the Jap puss you can. And for the love of God no raping.
That's an order.
>>
>>55071845
It's not rape if we're both screaming.
>>
File: cocks rule.jpg (48KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
cocks rule.jpg
48KB, 405x720px
>>55071845
I-i'm married anon

And I'm not a marine.
>>
>>55071807
>Point out that GW did nothing to make a specific unit playable with other units from their common box
>"hey Anon, I know how to help you - just use another unit derp"
Yeah, helpful as fuck
>>
Apparently Spire of Dawn is no longer available. Shame, I was gonna pick it up later this year.
>>
>>55071947

I just brought a copy. Guessing they ran out of them.
>>
>>55072020
I hope that they will bring it back. I remember it being listed as a best seller.
>>
>>55070662
as much as I almost used this color combo on my KO's I too felt like it was too christmasy
>>
>>55072034
It should be. There were out for a while before I got my copy.
>>
>>55071821
This does not go anywhere.
>>
>>55072047
It's not listed in the store at all for me, though.
>>
>>55072076
It appears it's still available actually. Right there on Best Sellers.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Age-of-Sigmar-Spire-of-Dawn-ENG?_requestid=4965127
>>
>>55072114
When I switch to my region the product appears to not exist.
>>
>>55072134
Whats your region
>>
>>55072152
Sweden.
>>
>>55061462
ghb2 links listed are dead
>>
>>55072170
Yep it's gone for sure on the Sweden side. Don't know why.
>>
I want to buy pic related and convert the spare Troglodon Skink Oracle into Skink Starpriest and that's fuckin cool because I need him for skirmish. I will also buy a box of skinks for skirmish.
What should I buy next to build a 1000pts army? Now I have 800pts. Are there any useful seraphon battalions for such small armies?
>>
>>55072240
Probably restock? it's not unusual for product to be temporarily not displayed on one region to return later. it does occur often with the spire of dawn especially it seems.
>>
>>55072302
Don't worry Anon - they were restocking SoD for Poland for 3 or 4 times for now
>>
>>55072341
That's what I was referring to actually.
>>
>>55072295
>convert the spare Troglodon Skink Oracle into Skink Starpriest
That sounds nice and shoudn't be very difficult

>Are there any useful seraphon battalions for such small armies?

Just look at theyr battletome, but I think they had several among the lines of "1 Oldblood and 3 units of saur warriors" so that could work
>>
>>55072302
>>55072341
Cool, I hope that I will be able to get it in time for Christmas.
>>
>>55072415
Alright. I have to take a look at the GHB17 and examine point changes for Seraphon. Not gonna lie, I would prefer to not to buy another start collecting if possible desu
>>55072466
Why not buying at LGS or some other online store?
>>
https://mega.nz/#!aVgH0LBD!g3e7_lDyZg2UYI6uuUw8-DLpZ_zZfp7YD-hSM6bzqaU

Still epub but it's a link
>>
WHERE THE FUCK IS PDF OF NEW HANDBOOK
>>
>>55072558
Download and convert it yourself, you troglodyte.
>>
File: dwarf on the block.jpg (111KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
dwarf on the block.jpg
111KB, 600x486px
>>55067268
>>55067338
>>
>>55072558
>pdf
>2017

kek
>>
>>55072486
I'm pretty sure that the Spire of Dawn was GW webstore exclusive.
>>
>>55072538
Thanks anon-kun
>>
>>55070662
Use a darker red, burgundy, or maroon. Rhinox hide might look good.
>>
>>55072725
Man, I bought two SoD boxes month ago in my LGS. It is not GW webstore exclusive - in Poland plenty of online stores still have these boxes
>>
>>55071931
> he typed, sweating, as he chugged some more soda
F A T B E A R D
A
T
B
E
A
R
D
>>
>>55071874
> not marine... just going to their base
Ugh. Navy.
Go accelerate your life somewhere else
>>
>>55071931
As opposed to doing what? Storming GW and holding them hostage until they change the rules? There is nothing that we can fucking do to help the situation except try and provide an alternative method of playing around it.

I hope you're the same anon that first posted this bullshit. I can't stand the idea that there are two people as autistic to advice as you.
>>
>play FEC
>list is now 2090 points instead of 1980
>artifacts nerfed
>trait nerfed

Yea fuck you GW, I bet horrors or every single warscroll battalion was kinda overpowered, should have chosen Stormcasts like a good guy, right?
>>
>>55072875
>There is nothing that we can fucking do to help the situation except try and provide an alternative method of playing around it.
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink - and I didn't asked about water.
If I want to use this one specific unit, there is no alternative for me. I didn't even asked about alternative - I just pointed out that GW did nothing to make their product finally applicative.
>As opposed to doing what? Storming GW and holding them hostage until they change the rules?
Well, I asked the GW team if it was a purposeful decision or maybe they just skipped this box. They gave the Nighthaunt tools to use their heroes as wizards but also didn't allow players to use the wizard-buffing unit from the start collecting box to actually do its job. It looks like an oversight and that was the point of my first post.
>>
>>55073008
Aren't fec getting allegiance abilities now?
>>
>Blightwar preorder when

I want my snailbro

What you anons working on this fine Saturday?
>>
>>55072780
Alright, I'll order it from my FLGS later then if it's still available.
>>
File: IMG_3624.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3624.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>55071009
Bump
>>
File: AoS-Firestorm-Image3lz.jpg (137KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
AoS-Firestorm-Image3lz.jpg
137KB, 1000x746px
Riddle me this - which Dispossessed units are in this box? Irondrakes kit, Warden king and? Is this a second Ironbreakers/Irondrakes kit or a Longbeards kit? I want to buy the pic related as a start collecting box and sell the SCE models but I'm not sure if there is at least one battleline unit here
>>
>>55073047
They did - they're terrible
>>
>>55070662
daily dose
>>
>>55073120
two ironbreaker/irondrake kits, warden king and a gyrocopter
>>
>>55073159
Aren't those longbeards instead of Ironbreaker?
>>
>>55073171
longbeard helmets are more square like , ironbreakers have more round helmets
>>
>>55073051
My shop got BlightWars an hour ago.
>>
>>55073187
I see shit on this box that's why I am asking
>>
>>55073120
My dude, the storm cast in that box are all really solid. You will not have a hard time selling them.
>>
>>55073216
>>55073120
Especially the Griff hound which let you fire against deepstrike
>>
>>55073216
I'm not worried about selling stormcast - I just want to know if there is a dispossessed battleline unit in this box. I hoped that this one on the right are Longbeards
>>
>be me
>trying to put up with AoS changes
>Decide to make my Lizardmen army into interesting stuff
>Make a 1000 point army for fun
>Leader: Slann (260)
>Battleline: x10 Saurus Warriors (100)
>N/A: x5 Chammy Skinks (120)
>Eternal Starhost Battalion (80)
>Saurus Eternity Warden (140)
>x5 Saurus Guard (100)
>x5 Saurus Guard (100)
>x5 Saurus Guard (100)
>Total: 1000

>fastforward to now
>GHB2
>Hear about cost reductions
>Sweet.avi
>Reading up
>Awesome, they reduced loads of shit which was massively overcosted like Kroak being 540 now being 450
>Finally finish it and realise something
>Battalions now cost double the amount

>Leader: Slann (260)
>Battleline: x10 Saurus Warriors (100)
>N/A: x5 Chammy Skinks (120)
>Eternal Starhost Battalion (130)
>Saurus Eternity Warrior (140)
>x5 Saurus Guard (100)
>x5 Saurus Guard (100)
>x5 Saurus Guard (100)
>Total: 1050

T-thanks GW... really fixed those overcosted units, didn't you? Also thanks for making Orruc and Seraphon Battalions fluff specific to certain warbosses/Slann.
>>
I missed the shit storm.
Why are people so upset about the GH2?

Did ironjawz get any point changes?
>>
So I'm happy about the Legion of Azgorh fixes, they did a good job turning them into a far more competitive force. I just hope eventually we get our own Battletome, because it doesn't make sense why we are still called Legion of Azgorh.
>>
The Hardest Word
https://mega.nz/#!qUBGQYKY!oa7m-4gjEKwx3GldCbqQ0htZ5USoed1Mtn4TLa7QiGo

Auction of Blood
https://mega.nz/#!XFxCBBra!uCUlCKCiVQ1bc1GcRh1OKm9Be0TV4CTelfaMSVBSt7o

I've also done a massive rework to the rules section, all the new FAQ's and profiles are there and the older ones are now in an outdated section
>>
>>55073008
suck it tzeentch
t. nurgle
and yes every battalion was overpowered
>>
>>55073356
>Why are people so upset about the GH2?

because its a pile of shit that fucks up many things without reason instead of just fixing the things that got out of hand.
They use a dartboard to make some of these pointcosts.
>>
>>55073133
You're probably over reacting. I play pestilens and I was expecting far worse
>>
>>55073420
Everyone's 1000 point lists are 40-90 points over now. Hardly the end of the world. Most battalions were too cheap to begin with anyway.
>>
>>55073008
I share the pain. Fuck gw for hating death this much.
>>
File: IMG_3587.png (533KB, 1424x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3587.png
533KB, 1424x842px
>>55073441
Since the removal of the pestes clawpack, I won't even bother with a formation at 1k. Just means more more rats
>>
GW is forcing horde armies down the players throat again, just like they are trying in 40k now.
>>
Can someone explain to me why skaven are shit now?
>>
>>55073376
You are great Anon, thank you
>>
>>55073376
Thanks mate.
>>
>>55073356
They did, but the point changes are irrelevant because they've doubled the point cost of battalions. So it's worse than it was before. Unless you're a retard who doesn't use battalions, you're no better off with this.

Plus some armies get insanely better battle traits, like Soulblight, any Soulblight unit within 6" of a Soulblight hero ignores a would or mortal wound on a 6. Not bad, huh? Well your other Battle Trait is allowing you to choose which bloodline your Soulblights have. One of this is removing this restriction, so you get an army wide ignores wound/mortal wound on a 6 instead of within 6" of an enemy hero. This essentially makes them hard to remove.

Seraphon trait is 'can dispel anywhere on the field, not just within 18' which is useless against some armies, completely useless against some lists and doesn't actually change much as you're probably within 18" anyway. Their command traits are limited to 3 each depending on the type of general you got (Slann, Saurus, Skink) and they're pretty shit.

>>55073441
But it's completely fucked up the armies people have built. Some armies just can't get to 1000 points exactly without using the Max Unit Reduction Bonus, taking shit you don't want. For example, Saurus Knights are shit, they're really shit. They get a price reduction so they're less shit. But look at that, they're battalion, which is nearly autotake if you want to make them less shit, is now vastly more expensive so OOOOPS you cannot take it lol :^)
>>
>>55073484
Clanrats are useless now. You can't buff them enough with your warlords because crown of conquest and lord of war get nerfed really hard. There is also no point in using them as allies so you have to stick with pestilens and skryre - mixed armies are ded. Also no more clawpacks
>>
File: IMG_7959.jpg (34KB, 444x319px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7959.jpg
34KB, 444x319px
>>55073467
Plague furnace
>general
>master of rot and ruin
>liber bubonicus
Plague priest with staff
Plague priest with censer
30 plague monks x3

990/1000

Alternatively I can swap 10 monks from each unit for a WLC/plagueclaw and swap the furnace for a verminlord.
>>
Whats the best size for a unit of blightkings at 2k?
>>
>>55073493
Running those battalions at 1k was too powerful for the points though. You said the battalion was an auto take yourself!
>>
>>55073475
Nothing Wrong with Horde armies Elf fag
Orkz, Grots, Zombies and Guard are the best
>>
>>55073529
I said autotake if you don't want them to be shit. They're still shit. They're even more shit without the battalion.
>>
>>55073356
The GH2 is fine.

There are a lot of things we don't agree on, but in general things seems to have improved.
>>
>>55073530
>Forgets the rats
>>
>>55073420

So no examples?
>>
>uses battalions at 1k points
>thinks he isnt an abusing little kike
Love when fags shit gets nerfes lmao
>>
>>55073521
I too Want to know the answer to this
As well as if I take Daemon of Nurgle with Nurgle Rotbringers if I can take a Hellcannon Ally (Rotbrings have Slaves to Darkness as an Ally but Nurgle don't and if not I'm forced to get 2 Plauge flingers just to have good range)
>>55073541
What rats, there is no such thing as Skaven you man-thing
>>
>>55073441
I would not complain if some OP stuff would get more expensive. This point adjustment is however completely unrelated to balance if 99.9% of the armies get more expensive and in return tries to force larger amount of battleline units. That just smells like it should drive sales.

And a ~10% increase is massive if you can't fiddle around with upgrade points like in 40k.
>>
>>55073559
This, I hope the bullshit Sylvaneth get rid with teleporting Treelords and free forest and forest magic accesories
>>
>>55073530
>Nothing Wrong with Horde armies
Remember how 40 WL deathstars killed FB 8th edition?
>>
>>55073588
[Spoiler]I'm a newfag so nah[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]Still probably not as bad as Eldar bullshit[/spoiler]
>>
>>55073588
That was with a bloated ruleset. In AOS, gobbos and rats are low tier
>>
>>55073559
>make it possible for battalions to be in 1000
>instead of thinking ahead and making them only usable in 1000+ matches, GW just spins a wheel for new point costs, making sure nothing can remain as is or be cheaper
>this causes 1000 lists to now be unusuable
>J-j-ust don't include the battalion you screech
>except they're too good to not use
>j-j-just fit it in then
>except price costs of units now don't allow you to do this due to min unit sizes, meaning you're left with 40 odd points left over and the other way to make use of them is to shoehorn shit in (ie; buy more models) or use the reduced cost things

>>55073606
We can tell by that post.
>>
>>55073606
Well, you sure proved that.
>>
>>55073635
>>55073637

**Well this doesn't work either I bet**
Do you faggots seriously have no spoilers lol what a gay
>>
>>55073536
Then don't use them.
>>
>>55073654
You just suck, mate.
>>
>>55073654
>using lol on 4chan
Oh sweet summer child
>>
>>55073660
>don't use models you want to use
I will do whatever I can to make a unit that's shit to perform better with crunch and using the battalion was a way to do it. GW decided to double it's price, so now I can't without further gimping my army. Fuck you for defending retarded roller-coaster rules.
>>
>>55073475
Horde armies are the best. GO SKAVEN!!!!!
>>
>>55073687
How about you just try to have fun and use the stuff you want to use, regardless of power?
>>
>>55073687
If an objectively bad unit is bad, then don't use it. 'Wanting' it to be better shouldn't be justification. They nerfed battalions at 1k, and rightly so, at skirmish level games, they were very powerful. Piss and moan all you like, but demanding GW do nothing but adhere to 'make MY shit powerful' is fucking stupid.
>>
>>55073713
I do, that's why I used Knights, but I wanted to avoid my opponent steamrolling me because unless they're retarded WAACfags, they won't find it fun either.
>>
>>55073739
But they're not powerful. I wanted to use them because I wanted cavalry in my army. So I used them. To make them not just a waste of points, I used what I believed was a very fair priced battalion.
>>
How about I paint my toy soldiers however the fuck I like, GW?
>>
>>55073739
>>55073713
Yeah, playing against shitty army must be a lot of fun and a rewarding experience. You both should try playing against 7e orcs and nids - it might be a perfect game for you
>>
>>55073739
I don't think you've read his post, my battalions doubled in price and it's got nothing to do with 'making MY shit powerful', any battalion doubling in price because GW can't into balance in the first place is their fault.

They could have just outright banned the use of battalions in sub1000 point games but no lol, battalions make people buy more models to get the bonuses (this is a ruleset where you literally get more bonuses if you use the max amount).

you're retarded, don't reply to me, im closing the thread.
>>
File: IMG_4600.jpg (48KB, 390x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4600.jpg
48KB, 390x310px
>>55073791
Keked
>>
>>55073791
How disrespectful to the lore.

If she isn't in the Hammers of Sigmar colour scheme, you can't use her as Neave Blacktalon. She will just be a regular stormcast.
>>
>>55073791
Do so, run it as Cuntfag The Cuntable and use her rules under what fucking stormhost you want.
>>
>>55073509
Wait all clawpacks are gone? Are all battalions gone as well?
>>
>>55073802
>Don't reply to me
>>
File: f94.jpg (22KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
f94.jpg
22KB, 600x375px
>>55073802
>being this fucking assblasted over a points increase
>>
>>55073802

>don't reply to me
>>
>>55073822
its also nice she and the slug is under a paywall of more sigmarines
>>
File: fucking really.png (654KB, 525x818px) Image search: [Google]
fucking really.png
654KB, 525x818px
>New short story about Nefreta
>Gets immediately hijacked by Stormcast on page 2 and starts telling it from their perspective

STOP THIS SHIT GW
>>
>>55073878
Same with the Gaunt Summoners et al, they'll be separate releases.
>>
>>55073907
>make Seraphon able to actually talk
>actually do a novel where they talk to Stormcast
>think this is a sign of things to come
>only do short stories of them
>always from anothers point of view

Sigh. I just want some smug frog (well, toad) Slann stuff, where they have Skinks and Oldbloods and shit talking. Having them talk about what they remember from Malleus and shit would be neat.
>>
>>55073792
Yes, if it's an army you like and you're not playing WAAC spergs, it's usually fine. The game isn't solely about competitive tournament play where if something isn't optimal then the game is ruined.
>>
>All my artillery/engineer synergy was removed
>All my named characters removed

Fuck you, Karl Franz still lives
>>
>>55072742
That'll make Astral Templars. Not a bad scheme.
>>
Any way to rebuild this list for 2000pts games cheaply? I can not base on the Lord of War and Crown of Conquest anymore

Heroes
Skaven Warlord (100)
- General
- Barbed Blade
- Trait: Lord of War
Skaven Warlord (100)
- Barbed Blade
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Warlock Engineer (100)
Packmaster (60)
- Shock-Prod

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (240)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear
20 x Clanrats (120)
- Rusty Spear

Units
4 x Rat Ogors (240)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (60)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 1500/1500
>>
Wow, the vampire counts compendium got destroyed. All our named characters are no more... everything is a shitty vampire lord. Fucking GW, I wish I liked stormcast eternals.
>>
thx gw for updating rules for anvil of doom now i can rerloll hit when i atak with anvil ,also i can reroll save on it as well THX GW
>>
>>55074066
>I wish I liked stormcast eternals.

Why don't you?
>>
File: Piana at the golden gates.jpg (100KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Piana at the golden gates.jpg
100KB, 1200x675px
>>55067017
POST IT ALL
>>
>>55073982
>actually do a novel wehre they tlak to stormcast

Which one? what happens?
Im intrigued, tell me more!
>>
>>55074092
Clan Pestilens or whatever it is by Josh Reynolds.
>>
>>55074083
>Liking stiff, dull, bland, ripoff marines that are shoe-horned into literally everything.
>>
>>55074009
>Karl Franz still lives
Nope
>>
>>55074083
Not my cup of tea? Why dont you like getting red hot iron shoved up your ass?
>>
>>55074009
PRINCE AND EMPEROR
>>
>>55074120
I'm not a masochist and value a functioning anus aside,
But there's really nothing stopping you liking a faction if you want to like it.
>>
>>55070296
anyone?
>>
>>55074106
this, to be honest.

Every other army gets some interesting stuff. Skidmark Eternals are just mind numbingly boring in comparison.
>>
>>55074140
I really want to enjoy eating somethings, but even after 20 years of trying them, still hate them. Thats not how it works, anon. Either you're trolling me, or you're just straight up a total retard. Good day to you and have a nice ride on the ''special bus''.
>>
File: CjcQBE6.jpg (36KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
CjcQBE6.jpg
36KB, 362x346px
>>55074140
>But there's really nothing stopping you liking a faction if you want to like it.
>>
>>55073687
You called them shit three times in three sentences. Why would he assume you liked them?
>>
>>55074205
>>55074222
>Literally taking the SCE falseflag bait
Jesus
>>
>>55073802
I'm replying to you. What're you going to do about it, cuntboi?
>>
>>55074229
Because being shit in crunch doesn't equate them being shit in fluff? They're cavalry. I want cavalry in my army. I don't want fliers.
>>
>>55074205
>>55074222
Are you guys really so weak willed that you can't force yourself to like things? I could easily create a force from any army that I liked even if I don't like the base army.
>>
>>55074103
what happens?
Is that the one where the rats get flashbacks of lizards?
And what do the lizards even say
>>
>>55074250
You didn't say that. You just said they were shit, shit, shit. I ask again: Based on that, with no greater context, why should he have assumed you loved them?
>>
>>55074262
No flash backs for Lizards, but the Skink Priest (or Starpriest, I forget) talks to the Stormcast leader(s) and says they'll help out. They do. The protag of the Stormcast gets i n trouble later on and the Sunblood (I think) saves him and he (The Stormcast) goes something like 'You fight well' or some shit and the Sunblood replies 'You too' or something. I'd have to find it again.

At the end of the book The Verminlord, after nearly getting strangled to death by a Oldblood earlier with his tail and is only saved death by a Skaven shooting the Oldblood, is defeated by the Stormcast protag while a Slann and Skink watch. I think the Slann then talks to the Stormcast while he destroys a golden tablet, saying that it was a flawed equation or plan or something and is no longer relevant. He then disappears into starlight
>>
>>55074252
Are you really so weak willed as to change your mind just to fit in with the cool kids?
>>
>>55074287
See >>55073754 try and read all replies next time. Final (You).
>>
File: rekt.gif (605KB, 512x588px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.gif
605KB, 512x588px
>>55074287
>>55074332
Why are there so many shitposters in these threads that purposefully don't read posts?
>>
Any GH 2.0 PDF yet?
>>
>>55074321
But I've never suggested doing that.
I'm not the one who said I wished I could like Stormcast.
>>
>>55074187
>Skidmark

Oh, I see you're back.
>>
>>55074332
You really don't understand sequential time, do you? You only clarified that AFTER you told him off for not mind reading.
>>
File: 1447270237742.jpg (22KB, 340x506px) Image search: [Google]
1447270237742.jpg
22KB, 340x506px
>mfw anons are still falling into stormcast falseflag and skidmark shitposting™
It's so easy to trigger you, idiots. Stop giving him (you)s and let him go back to /40kg/ cheetahposting again
>>
>>55074438
No shit, because you kept fucking asking, you then autistically ignore that post then go 'y-y-ou didn't say' when I did say.
>>
>>55074412
>>55074464
It's the same dude who does Shitsters of Basshole, he think he's clever.
>>
File: Tyrion_2.jpg (95KB, 485x588px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrion_2.jpg
95KB, 485x588px
who else here hasn't fallen for the SC trap being pushed by GW and is staying strong waiting for a battletome for an army they actually love?
>>
>>55074644
Anybody else not falling for cheap bait? Not in this thread.
>>
>>55074644
r-real supported elves will surely be soon
>>
>>55074644
Almost went BCW a few months ago, got some Delves of varying flavors, holding out hope for a new race of Elves before December
>>
>>55074723
>Beastclaw Wraiders?
Oops
>>
>>55074732
>Big Clack Wock
>>
>>55074723
Black cock worshippers?
>>
>>55074644
Hey Tyrion you no longer have rules despite your old ones in Age of Sigmar being fine and your model still being sold. I feel sad for you.
>>
>>55074066
The vampire counts got most of their models folded and thats a good thing.
>>
File: 400px-Tyrion_y_Teclis.jpg (50KB, 400x549px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Tyrion_y_Teclis.jpg
50KB, 400x549px
>>55074897
as one of only a few incarnates who are confirmed alive in new setting, having survived the end times, it is only a matter of time until we see them again. New models, at the head of new elf armies with battletome. Realm of light reveal when?
>>
>>55073907
>>55073982
This is why the hate for samecast eternals grows every release.

It started with the undercosted heros, the average 3+save for the army etc, but fuck man, i hate SCE.
>>
>>55074499
I didn't ignore it, shitwad. This is the chain of events:

>>55073536
>They're so shit
>>55073660
>Then don't take them
>>55073687
>How dare you not realize that I love them

You explaining yourself AFTER that is fucking irrelevant.

How did that 'I'm not giving you another (You)' thing go, by the way? Hey, guess what? This is the last (You) I give you. Let's see who of us has better discipline.
>>
>>55074968
No, the reason why is that people are idiots who don't understand the setting. Whether you like it or not, the setting revolves around the SCE; the titular age came about with their completion and going out to reclaim the other realms. You can dislike that decision, but being outraged at this point about it is stupid. It's like being outraged that most of the 40k lore revolves around space marines, or that the Fantasy lore revolved around Empire and Chaos.
>>
>>55074968

>the average 3+ save

I'm probably falling for the bait, but this is just not true
>>
New thread
>>55074984
>>55074984
>>55074984
>>
>>55074912
How is it a good thing. Everything intresting was removed. No Vlad, Mannfred, Krell, Kemmler. Just boring generics with worse rules. (Konrad was the only one of them who had a silly rule) All of those models are still being sold too.
>>55074946
Yeah but they don't have new models and their old ones now don't have rules.

They never should have destroyed the old setting and murdered most of the cast.
>>
>>55073120
This box is pretty much exactly what I needed to complete my allies Dispossessed army fot my Kharadron Overlords, and the SCE are welcome too

Sauce please??
>>
>>55074981
not him, but why does he have to say he loves them when they were talking about crunch? and even then he literally says he likes them later on, it's your fault you ignored that post, not his.
>>
>>55075020
Go to the WHFB thread if you want to whine about the old setting.
>>
>>55069570

Not an excuse, simply they can continue. It's a big deal, because they do so many errors in the age of sigmar warscroll that I don't know if it is an errata or not.
>>
>>55073356
People who relied on battalion crutches are upset they made that steaming pile of shit less broken in general. Fuck battalions.
>>
File: 20160903_000743.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160903_000743.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>55073120
Those are Ironbreakers. Shields are different--Ironbreakers have knotwork, longbeards have faces on their shields. Pic related is longbeards.
>>
>>55072685
PDF is way better than this shitty epub that doesn't even work on any normal PC

>>55072588
if I would want to convert it myself cunt, I wouldn't be asking for it
>>
File: Night Goblins.jpg (154KB, 811x648px) Image search: [Google]
Night Goblins.jpg
154KB, 811x648px
>>55072597
>>
File: Night gobbo on the prowl.png (687KB, 811x648px) Image search: [Google]
Night gobbo on the prowl.png
687KB, 811x648px
>>55075953
Now not in Russian
Thread posts: 391
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.