[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/awg/ - Alternative Wargames General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 59

File: 1250067267991.jpg (30KB, 497x448px) Image search: [Google]
1250067267991.jpg
30KB, 497x448px
Filter Tripfags and do a group build edition

>What is /awg/?
A thread to talk about minis and games which fall between the cracks, or people's homebrew wargames. /hwg/ doesn't entertain fantasy (for good reason) and the other threads are locked to very specific games, so this thread isn't tied to a game, or a genre, lets talk about fun wargames.

Any scale, any genre, any company, any minis. Skirmishers welcome. Rules designers welcome.

>Examples of games that qualify
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_miniature_wargames
Grimdark Future, Age of Fantasy, Mighty Armies, Dragon Rampant, Of Gods and Mortals, Frostgrave, Hordes of the Things, Songs of Blades and Heroes, Freebooter's Fate, Dark Age, LotR and anything that doesn't necessarily have a dedicated thread (gorkamundheim).

>Places to get minis
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D2DbNJ2mYAUxh5P9Pq9NZqS5tXHGn0i2JhZchEwbA2I/edit?usp=sharing

>The Novice Trove
http://pastebin.com/viWJ1Yvk
>>
Since people were interested in a group build last thread I'd like to propose the theme "Monster". It's flexible enough that you can do almost anything and make it monsterous, but it's also a good theme to pick up a really cool model or something a bit more challenging than usual.

I would look at starting in 1-2 weeks and have it run for a month. Too many group builds end up messing around forever and people lose interest. Better to strike while the irons hot and get it moving
>>
>>55020325

I'm up for that.
>>
>>55020325
I think I might have a go at building some sort of shambling undead abomination made from a bunch of skeleton bits and whatever else I can find laying about.

Now I just gotta figure out where I can get some reasonably cheap plastic skellies to dismember and experiment on. Currently I'm thinking either some Mantic skeletons or the Frostgrave undead encounters skellies.
>>
>>55020847
Mantic are 2 part models.

Wargames factory (i.e. warlord) are the go to cheap skeletons. They're pretty solid and cheap as hell.
>>
File: zygote.jpg (191KB, 2080x1170px) Image search: [Google]
zygote.jpg
191KB, 2080x1170px
>>55020325
>>55020847
The monster from Zygote is my inspiration by the way, except far more decayed and likely nowhere near as cool.
>>
>>55020325
Sounds fun
>>
>>55020863
I actually checked hoping to find them already since they were my first choice, but either I made some rookie error when searching the Warlord site or Warlord doesn't actually sell the WGF skellies at the moment.
>>
>>55020847
I remember seeing pictures of a guy who made a sort of sculpture of a giant golem thing out of mantic zombies. For the life of me I can't find it on the internet now.

>>55020880
Warlord aren't selling them at the moment, you might be able to get some on ebay though.
>>
>>55020869
>>55020847
This sounds like we're all thinking of some 1980's movie abominations.
>>
>>55020889
I've scoured pretty thoroughly and they're sold out on every website I've looked at, and the only option on ebay is some guy selling their legs. I might send an email to Warlord on the faint chance that they still have some they're willing to sell me.

Otherwise I've got the Frostgrave undead as a backup option, and that at least has the benefit of including zombies so that I can add rotting limbs to the abomination. I've written off the Mantic ones after looking at the sprue.
>>
>>55016335
Ibwas unaware that the newer Brood models were resin. I know a decent chunk of the Dragyri range are, but only because they're generally pretty big.
>>
>>55020325
Monster is fine. Make it run from the 1st of September to the 30th.
>>
This contest is the perfect excuse to buy some bits for my Full Thrust STMC fleet.

Which is more "monster" though, buy the giant unfieldable 440 Mass black hole spitting boss ship or paint a small flotilla of gribblies I could use in a game?
>>
>>55020325

Also, I'm guessing timestamped picture with it unassembled/unpainted (or primed at most) to enter
>>
>>55022180
Sounds good. Maybe say it can't be more than half built. That way people can dig their stuff out of their to do pile and get working on it if they can't afford a new kit.
>>
Forces of the abyss, need some criticism as to how to start.

Fleshlings (20
Kevinar's Flying Hammer

Lower Abyssals (40)
Healing Brew

Gargoyles* (10)

Gargoyles* (10)
Quicksilver Rapier

Gargoyles
War-bow of Kaba

Succubi (10)
Blade of Slashing

Succubi (10)
Mace of Crushing

Abyssal Temptress
Bane Chant
Blood Boil
Ensorcelled Armour

++ Total: [1000pts] ++
I could always just play ogres though, they seem fun.
>>
File: The-One-Reborn.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The-One-Reborn.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>55020869
From your description I'd assumed you were thinking of the skelemalgamation from bloodborne, which is aesthetically similar.

Goddamn that thing gave me the heeby jeebies.
>>
Warlord are doing a sale on some items while stock last, one of which is the Boromite Broodmother at £45 down from £75. It's the model that got me into Gates of Antares with the preview but by the time it came out there was so little interest left in the game I couldn't justify buying it. At the sale price though I've pick it up + a cheap blister for free shipping.
>>
Ordered the Cyber dragon from ral Partha for the group build.

No idea if I'll make it a full diorama or not. I still need to find a suitable kid miniature that isn't hideous.
>>
File: hershey.jpg (72KB, 1209x759px) Image search: [Google]
hershey.jpg
72KB, 1209x759px
Seems that I'm on a roll, so have a Judge Hershey - not half as cute as in the comics, but nonetheless a fun figure to paint.
>>
>>55021191
I assume they are trying to move as much as they can to resin with the resculpts, so that they can get sharp details on everything, and to keep weight low (especially on the bigger things, as you mentioned. The resin body for the CORE Thumper really helps take strain off of its spindly legs).
>>
>>55025393
>not half as cute as in the comics
's okay for a 28mm miniature if you ask me
>>
Square grid based miniature wargames. I only know of endless tactics, kromaster arena and basically all the games with a 'dungeon' (like space hulk, the star wars one from ffg). Are there any more basic ones I missed? Do you like/play them? I'm brewing on a tabletop version of Dofus, because that is what I wanted to do for years. I'm thinking about 1v1-4v4 pvp, on a 32x32 grid and a lot of crunch. Characters will have 15-20 abilities and tons of equipment to tinker with. Do you know of any non rpgs that resemble something like that? Or rpgs other than dnd 4th? Or board games orher than generic dungeon crawlers? Making it not grid based is also an option, because it would be more accessible and the only advantage is more important positioning, which could be achieved by adding facing directions of the minis.
Really any input would be appreciated, even if you say why you woldn't play it because of inherent flaws of such a system. The main flaw I see is the availability of 32x32 grids. I found one of many gaming mat companies that sells a 32x32 rpg mat with a gras pattern, which seems good enough.
>>
File: KIMG0125.jpg (307KB, 1794x971px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0125.jpg
307KB, 1794x971px
>>55023622
Oh hey, Reaper does a mini of that in Bones for the Deadlands line.
http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/Savage%20Worlds/latest/91007

>>55020325
>Monster challenge
Well shit, I'm just about finished with my Rat Ogre. Now I guess I need another. Thinking of taking a Reaper Owlbear, giving it a spare Rat Ogre head, and replacing the talons with more of the Ogre weapons I saved from that last bits trade (swapped a Hawk Lord 40k casualty marker for a handfulla Ogre weapons and gut-plates). Maybe some kind of Warpstone hammer? Or I could go for stone fists, Skyre goes for some crazy-ass shit.
>>
>>55027635
>. I'm thinking about 1v1-4v4 pvp, on a 32x32 grid and a lot of crunch. Characters will have 15-20 abilities and tons of equipment to tinker with. Do you know of any non rpgs that resemble something like that? Or rpgs other than dnd 4th? Or board games orher than generic dungeon crawlers?
Uh, SD Gundam Generation and the 1/400 Gundam Collection wargame use a grid-based combat system. They're IGYG and hilariously imbalanced but the basics are kind of cool. Also the Mobile Suit/Emblem/Pilot combinations in the vidyas get pretty clost to that level of customization.

>Availability
My LGS has a literal 50-gallon trash can full of 25 and 30-mm gridded playmats. Some go up to 64x64. So worst-case you just trim the borders off a 36x36, or mark off the sides and use them as storage/deployment areas.
>>
>>55027635
>Square grid based miniature wargames. I only know of endless tactics, kromaster arena and basically all the games with a 'dungeon' (like space hulk, the star wars one from ffg). Are there any more basic ones I missed? Do you like/play them?
I quite like Endless Fantasy Tactics. I played Descent and it was fun with the right people, although I didn't like how wnd edition tried to force archtypes onto the characters right from the start.

I want to get a shit ton of Imperial Assault stuff and run a huge campaign, but alas 'tis but a pipe dream right now.
>>
Should I get into Halo: Ground Command anons? I'm looking for a 15mm sci fi wargame and it seems to fit the bill
>>
>>55023187
>Flehslings (Regiment) with Kevinars
Pick them as troops or hordes. Their low Melee and Attack makes them terrible anvils, but good screeners as troops or cheap hordes (150pts!!!)

>Lower Abyssals (40) with Healing Brew
Honestly, these are the best anvils on the game. If you want them to still make a punch in battle you could give them the Ram item that give them TC 1 or to make them more durable, Brew of Courage (supported with a unit with Rally! and they are never going away).

>Gargoyles
Great screeners and harrassers, don't give them items because they are going to leave at the first turn if the opponent has any shooting. They are meant to provoke charges or getting flankes if the opponent don't take them seriously.

>Succubis
Shit, this is hard, I would only use them as a troop. The problem is that they have high attack value (20 as troop and only +5 in regiment), and great attack value while having terrible defense: this mean at the first counter charge of another elite unit they are going to leave. They are good units but their Ensnare makes them only good against bad units, meanwhile the lack of CS, will make them shit against another elite units. My recommendation is to take them as troop, and only as regiments if you have points to spare.

>Abyssal Temptress
This is a great unit, the only problem is that only inspire Succubis but your anvil is your Lower Abyssals.

In itself is not a bad a list, it just unprapred to what you may face. And example is if your opponent bring a Great Earth Elemental, you have no answer.
>>
>>55032762
If you like Halo, buy into it, so that when Spartan inevitably leaves it to rot, you can find some other 15mm wargame to use the figures with.
>>
i never actually looked at gates of antares prices, why the fuck is a single Ghar goblin 3,50 pounds?(yes there is the team "deal",but even that costs a lot and that doesn't excuse the prce)
>>
>>55034919
You're meant to buy them in a squad unless you have some specific purpose for an individual (most probably don't), which means the price with no sale is more like £2.50 each. It's far from bad for pewter minis, but I see your objection.

The inflated price is because they try to keep the rough equivalents across ranges at the same price, so a squad of Concord infantry is also £20, except that comes with 10 troopers and 6 drones. They should really consider dropping the price to £15 to be more in line with their other pewter squads.
>>
>>55033220
So some flame splitters, drop the magic items save the ram on the lesser abyssals, and might as well drop the fleshlings for another troop of something.
A herald would be nice I suppose.
>>
>>55034919
Single models are for converting.
That aside the main part of any Ghar army are the battlesuits, which are plastic. Ghar on foot are only a choice for Ghar rebel armies.

And as the other anon mentioned, for a metal model it's still a fairly decent price. The squads are cheaper still.

There are two armies in the game atm that are completely metal and resin, but by now all the other factions have plastic models at least for their main troop choices.
It's still a fairly new game.
>>
>>55035970
The Outcasts are used for both Rebels and Empire, they're a great way for Empire to get bonus cheap order dice and objective holders.
>>
>>55020325
Would a Covenant ORS count? It looks like a catfish and is the size of Rhode Island. That's pretty monstery.
>>
>>55034654
This. There are plenty of 15mm SciFi games out there and the models are great. Just don't expect long-term support.
>>
>>55020325
That sounds fun, I got a few warzone pieces I could finish for this, either my Praetorian Behemoth or the Black Widow.
>>
>tfw Bank Holiday weekend in Blighty
>was going to order a few sprues of Frostgrave Barbarians and Anglo-Saxons to bash together but probably won't get posted in time
>>
>>55036963
If you think it would then it does, go for it
>>
>>55032293
I love this game. plays quick but still enough depth. I've nearly finished painting my Perrys' Samurai stuff for 4 buntai (Bushi, Ikko Ikki, Koryu and Bandits)
Still need some guys with Teppos and I'll buy the Sohei Buntai from northstar.
>>
>>55035673
I recommend to try to add something with Crushing Strength, like Molochs or Tortured Souls, you need a way to deal with heavy Def enemies.

Also, if you add a Hero with inspiring, you could also give it the Banner of the Griffin, so it also have Rally! 1, by doing this you raise everyone at 6' Nerve +1.

Basically Abyssals can by anything, heavy schaff, heavy shooting or heavy elite, but by going too strong into one direction makes you worst to deal with certain enemy types.
>>
>>55027635
>Square grid based miniature wargames
Mantic made a game called Deadzone a couple years ago that was a spinoff of their warpath minis. 3" square grid for everything. I only played it a handful of times, but it seemed pretty well designed.

Their are also a bunch of minis / boardgame hybrids that steal a lot of ideas from both camps, and are usually on some kind of grid map. Examples would be like MERCS Recon, the various Zombicides, Level 7, Undercity, or Myth.
>>
>>55034654
Yep. Or just keep playing Halo and houserule new stuff as needed. We still play Uncharted Seas occasionally and spartan jettisoned that years ago.
>>
>>55036963
If you can explain why it fit the monster theme it counts.
>>
For the KoW anons, some tournament lists.

http://blog.untilsomebodylosesaneye.net/2017/03/ask-and-you-shall-receive.html?m=1
>>
File: IMG_20170325_131953.jpg (640KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170325_131953.jpg
640KB, 1600x1200px
>>55039729
Nice, I like to see that Goblins are doing well. I need to try that Dwarf list myself. Speaking of which, what models is the guy using for the Brock Riders on the right?
>>
>>55039852
If you mean those red armoured knights, they're from The Assault Group.
>>
>>55039965
Thanks anon.
>>
>>55039852
Soo far every tournament list I have seen gobos do well. What is amasing is that an orc player won, when te faction is considere low tier.
>>
File: IMG_20170325_140848.jpg (478KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170325_140848.jpg
478KB, 1600x1200px
>>55039852
>That shield formation
Hilarious. KoW really is every modeler's wet dream.
>>
>>55040142
>war trombones
Triggered.
>>
>>55040142
The river of jizz is slightly offputting.
>>
File: IMG_20170325.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170325.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
>>55040320
Those things are pretty scary. I suppose that is why goblins are so FUN to play though. Measuring threat ranges and ducking out before things get bad is always satisfying.

>>55040347
A different water effect and/or painting underneath it should have been done. The water on the arachnarok's base for instances looks fine.
>>
Is Wrath of Kings dead? I haven't really heard anything big from them in a while now, and I know of no one that plays it.
>>
>>55042225
They still have regular releases for the game, so support is still there. If you mean playerbase, then as with most games discussed here it is pretty dead. CMON hasn't done a good job pushing it to retailers at all.
>>
File: dredd.jpg (77KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
dredd.jpg
77KB, 960x720px
>>55025393
Continuing my misadventures in the world of 2000AD...Judge Dredd himself.
>>
>>55040347
You need to save some cash in some parts.
>>
>>55042401
It might just be the photos, but I guess my only issue is that the blues and greens are so dark compared to the bright yellow that they don't really stand out, and kind of blend into a dark mass. The comics tend to have the body suit quite dark, but the gloves, boots and pads tend to have a little more brightness to them. Did you already try a brighter green for the gloves and boots in the past, and just prefered the darker green, or are you aiming to capture a certain iteration of the uniform?
>>
>>55037958
I was thinking of some allied orc greataxs.
>>
Warlord got back to me about the Wargames Factory skeletons, apparently the kit is being retooled and repackaged and will hopefully be among the next big batch of releases, but no guarantees and no dates at the moment.
>>
File: icstartersetpromo.jpg (84KB, 842x595px) Image search: [Google]
icstartersetpromo.jpg
84KB, 842x595px
Anyone played Bushido? Is it a good game? I loved the minis.
>>
File: denmark.jpg (312KB, 1255x607px) Image search: [Google]
denmark.jpg
312KB, 1255x607px
Is DW alternative, or is Spartan too big now? I spent all of my hobby time last week flat-sanding, magnetizing, and assembling these fuckers. I hope to have them painted and ready for PAX Unplugged.
>>
>>55048452
>is Spartan too big now?
nobody i know in my area plays it
i use my brit stuff as epic 40k stuff

>>55025393
what did they do to Hershey?
>>55042401
and joe for that reason
>>
I say a thread about a ASOIAF miniature game, if I recall correctly it is still on green light.

any news on that game?
>>
>>55042355
I just wanna see the Ashmen Firehawks.

Also CMON has zero concept of distribution.

>>55045668
I like it. Combat can be a little heavy on the table checking, but other than that I think it's a pretty solid little game. I love a lot of the models, and the way characters generate Ki to do special shit and boost attacks is neat.
>>
>>55049615
>Also CMON has zero concept of distribution.
Aside from shipping their Kickstarters and their own online store there are not even a lot of stores that carry their products.
A big one I know of recently gave up on CMON products, cause apparently CMON doesn't even bother to supply stock to stockists reliably.
>>
>>55044776
Good unit and can openers. They may do well against some high Def units, but be careful, if you bring them as hordes you are going to lose lot of possible flankings or worst get suck between terrain; and as regiment they are going to need some support of inspiring or war dumb.

Honestly you can do with almost any list or units, what is important is what their rol is gonna be, their weaknesses and how you support them. If done correctly you can make a troop of pole arm block (70 points) take out a unit of 200 points.
>>
>>55044087
It's mostly the case of "it turned out like this". Originally I wanted it to be a bit brighter, but did not have a suitable green (and I've spent enough money on Dredd stuff that I can't really order paints at the moment), but Overall I like how these turned out. And as you've mentioned, the comics had as many different uniforms basically as the number of artist that worked on them. I'll try to make some pics with less lighting, taking pictures is still not what I'm best at.
>>
Hi /awg/
I need suggestions on a brand/online store.
I'm running a Degenesis game and are looking to get a female Spitalian styled mini (pic related on left and middle.).
Shaved head, rubber bodysuit, long spear. May or may not be wearing a gasmask. I've seen a female Commissar looking mini on Raging Heroes but the outfit doesn't look quite right. Does anyone have any suggestions on retailers that might fit the bill?
If they sell a male mini like the guy on the right then that's perfect because I need one of them too.
Cheers
>>
>>55051550
They might be hard to get a hold of individually now, due to repacks, but Dark Age's Forsaken have a Medic and Shepard might be worth a look.
>>
File: Field-Medic-Resculpt.jpg (75KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Field-Medic-Resculpt.jpg
75KB, 600x600px
>>55053416
I've actually placed an order for those exact models half an hour ago but forgot to report back. Much appreciated all the same anon.
>>
>>55053502
Good to hear that you managed to find them. Between CMoN's stocking woes, and both minis getting repacked into different box sets with other models I was worried that they would be really hard to find individually.

Also, were you at all influenced by the recent Degenesis thread?
>>
File: 1451860361190.jpg (192KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1451860361190.jpg
192KB, 1280x1810px
>>55053625
Cmon really are garbage aren't they?
I ended up getting a couple of the packs which is less than ideal but I'm a really shitty painter so I can use the extras for practice.

I was actually posting pretty regularly in that. It's nice to see a Degenesis thread actually hit autosage for once. I just started running a game yesterday and one of my players is playing a female Spitalian. I've got nothing to use for her other than tokens so figured you guys would know what's good.
>>
>>55053416
>>55053502
Are these 32mm? They sure look like it.
>>
>>55054100
30mm
>>
>>55054250
Close enough for my purpose.
>>
>>55045668
I'm a fan. I enjoy the combat mechanics where you secretly allocate dice between attack and defence. Model are nice although some are fiddly to assemble.

Only problem is getting people to play it. I have 3 starter sized warbands painted up, correct sized mats and terrain but have trouble getting others to play it over their usual games.
>>
>>55055432

Bushido:
I want to start playing it, but cannot decide on a faction.
Can someone give mit a quick overview/description on the different playstyles, pls?
>>
File: Spartan.jpg (111KB, 920x412px) Image search: [Google]
Spartan.jpg
111KB, 920x412px
http://www.spartangames.co.uk/spartan-games

So Spartan's shut down. I know their ADHD was nonsense, but I always loved their models and games. Dystopian Wars was what really brought me back into wargaming, and my first non-GW game.
Hopefully at least some of their lines get picked up.
>>
>>55032762
>>55034654
>>55056718
looks like it is now or never, anon.
>>
>>55056718
Damn.
Looks like they canceled that Firestorm Galaxy expansion kickstarter, too.

>£49,487 pledged of £50,000 goal
I dunno when it was due to end, but it started the 11th. KSs are a month or so, aren't they?
>>
>>55056718
Well shit. I had fond memories of them, but they did bring it on themselves. Reckon there'll be good stock clearance prices?
>>
>>55056718

Feel bad for people that enjoyed their games, but overall: good. Tired of their fuckwittery.

Much prefer comfy miniature producers with shitty websites. Or if it has to be "modern", Dropzone Commander seems like the benchmark in how to set up as a small company.
>>
>>55056718
I knew that they were sucking, but I didn't know that they would just shut down. So much for continued Halo support. At least Hawk Wargames is still kicking.
>>
>>55056718
I was never fond of their questionable business strategies, but their games were always neat. With luck their IPs will all go to places where they can receive some proper love and care, and flourish.
>>
>>55056718
Oh shit, I was about to get some Terran and Dindrezi.
>>
>>55056400
>>55056400
I'll give it a go but as the only person locally who collects the game I could be wrong on the factions I don't own. They've also added models expanding on the range of playstyles each faction has.

Ryu - All rounders that have good combat skills and armour that let them win purely on base stats but usually don't have access to as specialised or good at ki models as other factions. They can be build around buffing ashigaru or having a bunch of good models.

Temple - They usually function around squishy monks with good melee combat potential and get support from support monks, kami and peasants to make them deadly.

Savage Wave - They have very strong Oni who while powerful are not that good actually winning fights on their own and weak Bakemono who provide support or just tire the enemy out with their lives so the Oni can come out on top.

Ito - Initially similar to Ryu they tend to have less armour and more speed. Many of the models have a trait Blood of Orochi which grants tokens you use to add poison to models attacks. They also have a bunch of priestesses that work with the poison theme.

Cult of Yurei - Horror themed faction with lots of debuff/control ki abilities. Plenty of their models also cause fear.

Not really sure about the rest.
>>
>>55056718
Goddamnit, I actually liked the Halo stuff.
>>
>>55057139
I'm torn on this. I've waited on getting myself some 15mm Spartans so far, but now I'm questioning my futher course. Either I pull the trigger now , or I wait for a possible clearance sale to pick them up even cheaper...
>>
>>55056718
>>55056813
>and although efforts have been made to fulfil customer orders, it is hoped that anyone who does not receive their goods will be able to redeem their payments through their credit card or PayPal
Hope your using a middle man for your orders.
>>
>>55056718
wait were spartan actually an activity made for profit? I always thought they were like a group of friends with how they behaved.
>>
>>55057272
I fucking knew I should have got some Orions last paycheck. iMad
>>
>>55057279
>Hope you're using a middleman for your orders.
I'm floored that I missed my typo.
>>
>>55057272
I don't know about you, but I'm biting the bullet, just ordered an Orion, Valiant, and Halberd box from ebay. So much for getting my muffler fixed.
>>
>>55057336
Unfortunately it started as Neil having cool looking toys getting made, people going "Hey those are cool, we want some." And it never really changed from being a "Make Neil Fawcett cool shinies" enterprise at its core, Neil having made a bunch of cash through publishing (I think) earlier on.
>>
>>55056718
>small company keeps having to produce new molds for all the games their ADHD-addled boss comes up with every few months
>doesn't provide adequate support to each project long term to keep people interested beyond the initial launch
>wonders why it can't make enough to stay afloat
Wow what a shock.
>>
>>55056718
Shit. I knew they had problems, but I figured they were at least stable.

Hopefully the lines go to good homes.
>>
>>55057698
Perhaps Hawk games could get Firestorm and Planetfall? They are a good company, and would be a big fuck you to Spartan.
But for the other part, I dunno if competing games in the same house would be smart...
>>
>>55057742
I feel as though Hawk buying either Firestorm product would just mean the exact same problem of lack of focus would get transferred across to Hawk. Maybe Halo or DW could work though. They're clearly differentiated products, as opposed to the same company making two different space fleet combat games and two different 10mm sci-fi ground combat games.

I can't really think of anybody who would buy up any of the Spartan IPs though, aside from fans or some totally different business.
>>
>>55057836
I could see a 10mm manifacturer snatch up the moulds for Planetfall, just to bolster up the lines.
>>
>>55057742
>>55057938
Don't have to use the games, just the miniatures.
>>
>>55057336
You must be new to this shit show. That is 99% of the industry. It starts out as friends dicking around, something hits big and suddenly you're an SJW cunt trying to remove all the white men who made you successful.

Sounds hyperbole but look at the history of any of the big companies. From GW to Wizards, it's a bunch of fucktard college kids hitting it big by making shit they wish someone else made.
>>
>>55057938
Pendraken has been buying ranges lately, hope they get it.
>>
Whats the odds of getting a shit load of the Halo minis for dirt cheap now? I want to do a Halo diorama of a mass battle but at their prices it wasn't realistic.
>>
>>55058078
I'd give it a couple of days until the situation settles down, The Spartan shop's down at the moment, but they'll have to do something with their leftover stock.
>>
>>55058040
Pendraken is in the process of redo BKC3 and sending out a replacement copy to everyone who bought it. I'm not sure they'd be able to afford.
>>
>>55058152
would give them a nice range of minis for future war commander
>>
File: IMAGDoubleD.jpg (993KB, 1344x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAGDoubleD.jpg
993KB, 1344x1520px
>>55056718
I put money on the kickstarter. Not mad or surprised though.

But everyone who said Spartan really would support Halo:FB and GC because MS would make them? Spartan will always find a way to not support their games.

Also anyone who backed at the 'design their own model' level... ha.
>>
>>55057742
I doubt it. Part of what helps Hawk keep afloat is Dave's powerful, autistic love towards his stuff. Buying Firestorm would divide Hawk's attentions from the games that seem to be doing them pretty well, and they'd also presjmably be expected to continue with the original vision and direction, rather than tweak it to their liking.

They could do it, but I'm not sure there would it would command the same passion that drives a man to make this as a pet project on top of his other duties.
>>
>>55057108
Thanks a lot.
>>
>>55058932
Didn't Dave used to do digital sculpting for Spartan?
>>
File: FIG-KAI-2411.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
FIG-KAI-2411.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>55020847
I'd suggest picking up a Revoltech skeleton and using that as a base. Adding a ton of skeleton bits and bobs to make it a sort of abomination. Could be real neato.
>>
File: massena.jpg (47KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
massena.jpg
47KB, 720x540px
Brigade have spruced up a few of the French sculpts for Aeronef.
>>
>>55059114
Yeah, and he eventually left to form his own company when he got fed up with how Spartan was handling itself.
>>
>>55057836
damn, if I had the funds I'd buy up the rights to Uncharted Seas.
>>
>>55058919
So what are the chances that M $ buys them, or that anyone else picks up the Halo license?
>>
>>55059504
Depends if the Halo license was a cause or consequence of Spartan's finances being in the shitter.
>>
>>55059504
I dunno what the return on investment has been for Microsoft with the Halo games but I doubt it made enough money that it'd be worth it for them to absorb Spartan.
>>
>>55059542
:(

>>55059529
I mean I don't think so, I can't unsure them going through it if it were.
>>
Thinking about the Spartan announcement; it seems really weird and impersonal. It's not even signed off by anyone, The Facebook announcement is literally a link to the email announcement (not even the website announcement) with the words "Spartan Games". It's just odd.
>>
File: IMG_0732.jpg (32KB, 376x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0732.jpg
32KB, 376x336px
anybody know anything else on the northstar goblins/dwarves? kinda feels like northstar have left them in the dark
>>
File: 1487648379270.gif (370KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487648379270.gif
370KB, 490x750px
>>55060240
>those foot tabs
>>
>>55060289
the goblins are in three-up form, if the dwarf spruce is anything to go on they'll have no tabs/slots
>>
File: IMG_0733.png (447KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0733.png
447KB, 640x480px
>>55060309
looks like they have a small tab after all
>>
>>55060345
Not the worst example of tabs, see any given Perry plastic infantry.
>>
>>55058932
Yeah, agreed. Hawk should maintain their focus. They're good at what they do (and appear to be successful at it). Don't mess with a good thing.
>>
File: Ridend-Kapolop-Knights.jpg (89KB, 1200x671px) Image search: [Google]
Ridend-Kapolop-Knights.jpg
89KB, 1200x671px
Looks like Spartan's not the only one closing shop. Tor Games is also closing, which is a shame. I never had much interest personally, but they did make some nice and interesting models.
>>
>>55062379
Tor asked for it. I had a problem where some of their stuff was missing parts. E-mailed them twice and just got ignored.
>>
>>55062379
It's interesting how their website points fingers at how crowded the tabletop industry has become with Kickstarter and the like. I have honestly been glad to see tabletop gaming become bigger than ever due to it, but I guess that there are some downsides as well.
>>
>>55059304
>s
you know that for a fact?
>>
>>55060345
You could easily saw those off or fill around them with milliput or something. Definitely workable.
>>
>>55062379
Now this saddens me. Tor had some really original ideas and nice sculpts.

I feel like the most sustainable business model these days is to not produce a ruleset and just do kickstarters every so often for miniatures that are usable with multiple systems.
>>
>>55063951
I would say the same. Those models would be perfect as Rooster Riders in Malifaux if a crappy gun was strapped to their persons, but I don't have a reason to ever touch the ruleset that they are attached to. I suppose to the days of people buying miniatures because they need them to play a game is gone, especially with shit like Reaper Bones taking off and lulling people in with good deals.
>>
>>55063979
>I suppose to the days of people buying miniatures because they need them to play a game is gone

Hallelujah, as far as I'm concerned. I really resent that GW (and other companies too, but mostly them) embedded this mindset in people that only official models can be used with any given ruleset.

I want to see armies made of mashups of all sorts of miniatures, there should be no limits on creativity that the creator doesn't choose to impose on themselves.
>>
>>55059361
Considering the game has been dead for a while and depending on how many offers Spartan gets it may not even be that expensive.
Least you can do is ask for a price or make an offer.
>>
Would any of the /awg/ troves happen to have Tomorrow's War or the expansion?
>>
>>55064018
I like official model restrictions because it makes the game much easier to understand in real time. Yea your dildo death machine 9000 is neat but I don't want to have to ask what everything is pre game. I just want to know what is on the table at a glance.
>>
>>55064130
Depends on the game. If there is only one model in the game that could conceivably be a dildo death machine 9000, I don't think it's an issue.
>>
>>55064130
For me personally I like owning a miniature knowing that it is attached to an interesting universe. Sure I can have generic knight miniature #14135235, but if I understand the story behind the figure and what makes it unique, I can appreciate it much more as I paint it and then put it on the table.

I of course agree with your sentiment as well. I remember playing a game of Malifaux where there was tall grass on the base of a model to the point where almost everything but its hat was obscured, leading me to believe that it was a rifleman. Only after I had started the game and I was having my guys shot despite cover and LoS, did I realize that I was being attacked by an austringer.
>>
>>55063722
Best I can do.
>www.thatsyogarbage.com/wargame-interview-david-j-lewis-director-of-hawk-wargames/

>My first taste of wargaming was as a teenager with Warhammer 40k, as is the case with about 90% of gamers out there it seems! I started at the dawn of 3rd edition but also dabbled in 2nd too. I then played my way through several GW games such as Inquisitor, Epic and Battlefleet Gothic back when they were still in stores.

>I had a brief hiatus when I first went to university but soon got involved in the hobby again through working for Spartan Games while studying. I designed and sculpted all the original ships for Uncharted Seas up to the Shroud Mages and the flagships. I also designed and sculpted some of the ships for Firestorm Armada before they were turned into digital versions (the early Dindrenzi and the Aquans). Although I didn’t write the rules, I was also involved with playtesting both Uncharted Seas and Firestorm Armada.

>As I neared the end of my time at uni, I had the usual ‘real life’/ ‘time to get serious’ sort of choices to address and did my best to continue doing what I love – designing and producing miniatures! I wanted a project which I could truly call my own with a free design direction, so I made the difficult decision to lock myself away and go it alone!

Obviously this is a more cordial response, but word on the street was that he was growing tired of Spartan constantly flopping from one idea to the next, and their lack of long-term, regular support for any one game. Honestly, that doesn't seem too farfetched.
>>
>>55063528
It sounds more like pointing fingers to hide their own failure.
>>
File: IMG_20170825_205151.jpg (672KB, 1012x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_205151.jpg
672KB, 1012x759px
Figured I'd post a couple shots of my board in progress.

Going to use Relicblade and Frostgrave as a way to rope some people at some FLGSs away from X-Wing, 40k and Age of Sigmar.

Just waiting for some tree kits to arrive and need to paint the scatter terrain and I should be good to go.

With the exception of the big-ass tower it's all cheaply made or stuff I had laying around so I don't mind people knocking it about, and the Tower can't really be toppled by a casual hand flick.
>>
File: IMG_20170825_205240.jpg (645KB, 1012x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_205240.jpg
645KB, 1012x759px
Billman is about to get a throwing dagger to the chest while he stares at an archer below.
>>
File: IMG_20170825_205415.jpg (579KB, 1012x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_205415.jpg
579KB, 1012x759px
Druid in Bear Form holding off a Bone Stalker below the top of the tower.
>>
File: IMG_20170825_205343.jpg (543KB, 1012x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_205343.jpg
543KB, 1012x759px
The Druid drops her Bear Form for a confrontation with a Dark Wanderer atop the tower.
>>
>>55065485

What is that spooky skelly tower you got there anon?

Also ID on that swordsmen? Full plate, two hander, simple and lethal. The kind of guy to look at a wave of horrors emerging from the ground and yelling out "The big one! He's mine!" while pointing out the the largest and most nightmarish of their numbers.
>>
>>55066822
Looks like a Warhammer Fantasy tower.

Willing to bet it's discontinued due to Sigmar happening.
>>
>>55066822
Swordsman is the Relicblade Questing Knight.
>>
File: IMG_20170825_205228.jpg (737KB, 1012x759px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170825_205228.jpg
737KB, 1012x759px
>>55066822
The Tower is Witchfate Tor, an old Games Workshop Kit made for Warhammer Fantasy.

It's just about the coolest Wizard/Necromancer tower I've seen and I love it because of the proper interior.

>>55066896
This is indeed where he's from. Relicblade has some sweet minis, I love the Bone Stalkers.
>>
>>55066843
>>55066896
>>55066935

Erm sorry, I mean the walking skeleton thing
>>
>>55067410
Relicblade undead construct
>>
>>55067428
Oops, meant bone construct. Not a big difference but makes it a little easier to find.
>>
File: ecTS4Lx.jpg (319KB, 524x668px) Image search: [Google]
ecTS4Lx.jpg
319KB, 524x668px
>>55067410
>>55067447
The Bone Construct is a cool model with pretty sweet rules.

Normally in Relicblade things start with health and lose it then get injured and eventually knocked out (like basically any game).

Constructs start deactivated and you have to power them up through various means. With this dude you have to suck the health out of other things and feed it into the construct and the health you feed it acts as its hit points and gives it more activation dice.
>>
>>55067599

Aha, very cool. My problem is I travel around for work playing in different stores. Already carry malifaux and batman miniature game, and nobody ever knows anything about those. Oh well, what's another game to demo.
>>
>>55059233
Nice. They did the updated BCs ages ago, it's good to see some other ships done to the same standard, even if it's only the other big boys.
>>
>>55066935
All of the Relicblade undead are great.
>>
>>55065043

Ah, thanks!
>>
So in response to Spartan shutting down and DW generally being underwhelming compared to its miniatures, are there any suitably enjoyable landships games out there?
I know of Aeronef and Land Ironclads, but have no experience of them.
>>
File: IMAG0275.jpg (678KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0275.jpg
678KB, 1344x760px
>>55070936
I painted my landships red. Depending on scale, I might be able to proxy them as admech when the new version of epic comes out.
>>
>>55056718
I won't let the thread face the same fate as Spartan Games!
>>
>>55064018
And there are plenty of games designed for just that. And more power to them. I love that Open Combat or Frostgrave let me make warbands out of whatever the hell I want. KoW says "use whatever, as long as you're having fun" and that draws a lot of people in.

Some games, though, I feel work better with official models. Eapecially if they have a unique look to them. Heavy Gear would look weird if you started using old Epic Titans or Tau Crisis Suits because just don't fit the style of the universe.
>>
>>55073170
Tau suits wouldn't be too out of place of Heavy Gear. They'd need some modding to fit the feel, but there's worse choices. Like the Epic Titans, those would just be awkward with Heavy Gear's focus on movement.
>>
File: 1409889398828.jpg (87KB, 456x447px) Image search: [Google]
1409889398828.jpg
87KB, 456x447px
>>55058022
under. rated. post.

>pic related
/awg/ has the best minds, i swear.
>>
>>55064129
i have it somewhere, just not on a mega.
>>
If I might beg for some pdfs while I'm at it - anyone happens to have Brink of Battle or Scrappers?

Can upload Warlands if anyone's looking for that.
>>
File: 1133901471841.jpg (74KB, 350x405px) Image search: [Google]
1133901471841.jpg
74KB, 350x405px
>>55073843
Reminds me of someone's mashup of Tau suits and old RAFM-era Heavy Gears...
>>
Where do you guys go to chat it up about modelling? My local gaming meta only plays one game and none of them know jack shit about modelling, or even care to know for that matter.

For example, someone made a post, might have been here, about an arcade cabinet built on MDF and used as an objective marker in various games. Showed the local guys and talked about how neat it would be to drop mini mortal kombat cabinets on to the table with LED inside lighting up the screens. Well long story short they didn't give two shits and went back to crunching numbers because of recent erratas.

Idk, I love the games, but love the hobby aspect too. I guess I'm skewed, I think someone who pours himself in to the hobby aspect and neglects the game is just a creative type who doesn't like conflict or whatnot, meanwhile someone who's in it just to crunch numbers is semi autistic, like for real.
>>
>>55074596
>tfw people here are just the same
>they ruin somewhat decent paintjobs with excessive amounts of Devlan Mud
>no metal or resin, only plastic because reasons

I'm fairly certain you can find some modeling groups that'd welcome you, just Google around, or try to find some local model shops.
>>
>>55074634

>or try to find some local model shops.

My job has me constantly in motion and I live in hotels. I'll be in an area for a month or so before I move on to the next one. It's neat to see new places but man does it suck making hobby friends knowing that sometime soon I'm just going to vanish and likely never come back. I'll do some searching though. Why doesn't /awg/ have a discord?
>>
File: 1133901520563.jpg (72KB, 350x383px) Image search: [Google]
1133901520563.jpg
72KB, 350x383px
>>55074576
And the only other image...
>>
>>55074713
because general discords are shit and kill threads
>>
File: Tiny-Arcade-Tested.jpg (766KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tiny-Arcade-Tested.jpg
766KB, 1920x1080px
>>55074596
>mini mortal kombat cabinets on to the table with LED inside lighting up the screens.

You could do one better and look up TinyCircuits.
>>
>>55075222

Very sexy, but at a glance, cost prohibitive for my purposes. Still, p fookin neato!
>>
>>55074713
Discords, chatrooms, forums, and other off-site talking and gathering places move discussion away from 4chan, which kind of defeats the purpose. This is a thread in particular that doesn't really need any less traffic and activity than it already gets.
>>
Has anyone here tried Arena Rex? The miniatures are beautiful and the rules seem pretty engaging at a glance, but I'd love to hear people's experiences with it.
>>
>>55076407

Lovely, lovely game.

Rules are fairly simple, models are great, and the game sort of emphasizes using a lot of dangerous terrain in your setups.

Blood and sand with some chained lions and pillars? Sure

Forest of death with carnivorous trees that devour anyone who gets too close? Go for it!

A building currently on fire or a ship being taken over by a kraken, hell you can fight there too.

I plan to make a set up some day that mirrored the underground pit fighting location from spartacus. Call it Ghulgatta, the butchers den, use jewelers chain, cleavers from warhammer fantasy ogre kingdoms, and just oogly stuff here and there with some furnaces and fire pits.

As you can see, I really dig it.

Also you have the option of using a giant scorpion as a model. You can never go wrong with giant scorpions.
>>
>>55074242
The latter here
www.uploadmb.com
/dw.php?id=1503779507

...the site is kinda annoying without adblock software though, so I hope you have some.
>>
>>55076666
Nice quads, and thanks - only Brink of Battle is needed now.
>>
>>55076407
It's great. Thankfully the model count and entry cost is low, because you'll almost certainly need a pair of ludi since no one's ever heard of the game.

The rules are simple and refreshing - there are heaps of tactical choices thanks to combat trees and the fatigue system, but it never feels weighed down by typical wargame shit like tables delving into the difference between a gladius and a khopesh. The game allows for a lot of variety in terms of including battlefield hazards, wild beasts, etc. Designing arenas is a lot of fun.

I wish more people played it, I wanna get my Morituri ludus out more often.
>>
>>55076907
What? You mean people don't like it when every single weapon has its own stat line and rules?
>>
>>55076968
Current trend is to make games dumb so the plebs can get into it.
>>
>>55076968
I mean, I don't. If you do, more power to ya.
>>
>>55076968
Different types of weapon should play differently but making different variations of the same weapon distinct is pointless granularity.

A spear and a sword should be different but a gladius versus a xiphos doesn't really matter.
>>
>>55077083
Is there any skirmish wargame that doesn't differentiate between significant weapon types?
>>
>>55077083
>A spear and a sword should be different but a gladius versus a xiphos doesn't really matter.

This, though I would say a gladius and a khopesh can be differentiated without going into such granularity that you're solely aiming to attract Riddle of Steel fans.
>>
>>55079471
I love khopeshs, but its really just an ax.
>>
File: ghost archipelago snakeman.jpg (25KB, 431x583px) Image search: [Google]
ghost archipelago snakeman.jpg
25KB, 431x583px
Just saw a post on FB by Nick Eyre from Northstar miniatures.
This guy is gonna be a metal miniature that releases with the Ghost Archipelago Nickstarter, but next year there are gonna be plastic Snakemen too.

First time I've heard a date for plastic Snakemen.
>>
>>55020325
>Since people were interested in a group build last thread I'd like to propose the theme "Monster". It's flexible enough that you can do almost anything and make it monsterous, but it's also a good theme to pick up a really cool model or something a bit more challenging than usual.
>I would look at starting in 1-2 weeks and have it run for a month. Too many group builds end up messing around forever and people lose interest. Better to strike while the irons hot and get it moving
I like, maybe have the end date be Halloween(or Day of The Dead)
>>
>>55082995
A two month deadline is probably far too much, unless people here are planning really huge projects involving lots of parts shipped from all over the world and enough painting to keep them for upwards of 100 hours. Better to keep these at the point where they're regular enough we don't forget about them, but long enough that people can buy stuff online and have it shipped, and don't get burnt out on the concept.
>>
>>55081585
I like it well enough, but Forge of Ice's Histath are way better.
>>
>>55085146
The plastics are supposed tolook a bit different from what he said.

those do look really nice though.
Reaper also has a pretty large collection of snakepeople iirc.
>>
Anyone's play SPECTRE? the models are awesome
>>
Probably a strange request, but does anyone have 10mm/n gauge buildings and 15mm miniatures that they could snap a photo of?
>>
>>55085579
I have one with TT scale buildings.
Would have to look up what scale that stands for, so i may or may not be close?
>>
>>55085579
Isn't N gauge 6mm? I thought N was 2mm/foot
>>
>>55086423
according to http://theminiaturespage.com/ref/scales.html N gauge translates to 10.06mm

>>55086252
TT seems to be very close to 15mm, I'm trying to see if cheaper 10mm scenery makes for a more populated table (for skirmishing) without breaking "muh immersion" too much.
>>
So, now than Halo fleet battles and Firestroms armada are ded, what other good games about space battles are out there?
I looked to Armada and Full thrust, but anything more than it's interesting?
>>
>>55085579
It doesn't work well sadly, will get a pic when I get home in 12ish hours.
>>
>>55087860
Dropfleet Commander of course.
>>
I may have shared this with an earlier thread, but in case anyone missed it, a /hwg/ regular put this together.

Might be worth checking out if you're into fantasy skirmish type things.

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/219313/Fire-and-Fang
>>
I'm looking for 28mm cowboys for an upcoming wild west roleplaying game. The google docs had robot cowboys but not ordinary cowboys, any good companies that make western stuff?
>>
>>55090244
What the fuck do you think /hwg/ is for?

Black Scorpion and Foundry.
>>
>>55048850
Watched a Let's Play from BoW, looks boring as fuck.
>>
>>55090244
There's a whole shitload in Reaper's catalog, Foundry, Black Scorpion.. hell, even the Perry Twins do cowboys. Go poking.
>>
>>55085216

Spectre Ops? I've looked over the models, and it all looks really neat, but they have a really outdated way of pitching their product, and by that I mean the only way to see the system is to buy the books. They've got the pretty terrain pics going for them, and they seem to almost say you can use what you want to proxy, but I wish they'd give some details on how the game works.

>>55090244

Malifaux has some pretty good cowboy models that aren't too crazy looking. They're 32mm so they might be somewhat tall for your purposes, idk. Pic related (Parker Barrows).
>>
So I checked the dump for Frostgrave and the only thing that came up was Thaw of the Lich King or whatever. I didn't see a pdf for just the core rules. Or does Thaw override them or some such?
>>
>>55090725
Nope. Thaw is an expansion that needs to be added on top of the core rules.
>>
>>55090244
The Great Escape Games.
>>
>>55086486
You're quite right, I have no idea why I thought people were only three feet tall.
>>
>>55091068
Well shit. Why do we have the expansion and not the core rules?
>>
Anyone got any suggestions for large scale skirmish games?
I prefer sci-fi, but fantasy is cool too.
>>
>>55091228
Might have dropped out. I still have my version from Frostgrave Generals way back, so I'll try and upload it once I get home and drag it up. That is, unless someone does that before me.
What's the best way to upload this stuff? Just make a mega account with seventhousand proxies and post the link in the pastebin?
>>
>>55091250
What's large scale skirmish too you? Do you mean platoonsized games? Like 40k, Bolt Action or Warmachine?
>>
>>55091250
As in large miniatures in a skirmish game? Inquisitor comes to mind.
>>
What's the general consensus on Osprey game systems? They seem kind of neat and a cheap way to put all these random minis I have to use.
>>
>>55091950
Depends of the game, but In general they are pretty good.
>>
File: pugs.jpg (55KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
pugs.jpg
55KB, 600x482px
D'awww, look at the doggos.
>>
>>55092783
Adorable, but no standard marching pose like the previous doggos had. :(
>>
File: Cover.jpg (798KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
798KB, 2480x3508px
So with any luck, I'll have this ready to share with you guys really soon.
>>
>>55091250
Not sure if it changed over time, but Infinity has (had?) the "Poland Meta," where you field 20+ inexpensive troops and overwhelm by force, bodies, and orders per turn. You tend to lack the special tech and cornercase rules other models might get, but you can still do all the tricky tactical stuff generally available.

That said, we're going to need more information on what model count you're hoping to aim for. "Large skirmish" kind of blurs a few lines regarding game size, and factions can also mess with it, too, on a per-system level.
>>
>>55087860
Yeah, I saw in the Spartan thread people talking about FSA and Dropfleet.
Somebody mentioned that Dropfleet's good for 'submarines in space'-style sudden death space battles, where as FSA and BFG (which I assume is also quite dead) were good for 'age of sail in space' slugfests. Given that the latter sounds more interesting to me then the former, is there another fleet game worth checking out, or should I still give Dropfleet a chance?
>>
File: SFB_Basic_Set.jpg (40KB, 216x269px) Image search: [Google]
SFB_Basic_Set.jpg
40KB, 216x269px
>>55095487

There's always Star Fleet Battles.
>>
>>55095761
At least suggest Federation Commander, which appears to be about half as byzantine.
>>
>>55091950
It's hard to paint in broad strokes with Osprey, most of their games feel quite distinct from one another (aside from obvious repackagings like Ronin/En Garde). They publish work from a lot of different people, so the products are liable to run a pretty wide gamut.

If I really had to generalize, I'd say I usually go into an Osprey game with optimism - but that's not to say a fair few aren't incredibly bland and forgettable.
>>
>>55095487
Full Thrust?
>>
>>55095487
>is there another fleet game worth checking out,
Last I heard Ganesha Games was working on a space battle game. I think they even had a kickstarter for that recently.
>>
>>55091950
Osprey doesn't really have anything to do with the games aside from publishing them.
If you want to get a general idea about something I'd recommend look at info about the authors of the games or reading some reviews or battlereports.

I like the whole concept in general though, cause the books are usually cheap enough that it doesn't hurt to just buy one on a whim.

I think Osprey also has a sommer sale going atm for 30% off on some stuff. May be worth checking out if you are interested in something specific.
>>
>tfw you find minis you really like, but have no practical use for
>tfw you realize that all the minis in your backlog have no practical use either since you don't actually play any games with them
>tfw that should be a liberating thought, enabling you to buy whatever you want and not care
>tfw it feels soulcrushing instead, making your entire hobby feel pointless

Anybody else get that sometimes?

I think I should probably sell some of my old stuff, but I can't really make up my mind about it.
>>
>>55096165
I got that exact feeling 6 years ago right before I stopped buying miniatures.
>>
>>55095911
Is this some sort of joke meme, or is FT actually fun?
>>
>>55094881
But anon, there's already an Infinity thread in the Catalog.
>>
>>55095911
Full Thrust is more like 'WW1/2 Dogfights with Giant Battleships in space' kind of game.

With most of your weapons facing forward, and every ship having a 'blind spot' on it's ass, your first, last and only mission is to get on the enemy's 6, and shoot the shit out of the fucker.

Alternately, first-strike Missile Spam works, too.
You can also make a 'age of sail in space' type (if you really want).
>>
>>55096165
i actually started getting in the hobby for real when i stoped playing warhammer(and anything in general really),because i felt like i could really give every mini the time to make it worth it.now i came back to playing, but nothing bad with hobby for the sake of hoby, it's the best part of it for me.
>>
>>55095935
>Ganesha making space fleet battles.
Oh, that's cool, those guys know how to make basic but fun games.
>>
>>55095789
About half is right, a lot of it is just that they divided by two.

It does leave out a lot of the complexity of SFB, but somehow retains most of the bullshit and hassle.
>>
>>55094881
Oh, Chevauchee guy is doing it huh
>>
>>55048452
Spartan went belly-up a few days ago.
>>
>>55096165
Not exactly like that, but when I realize I can play so many different games with my collections I get excited but then the reality sets in in that no one wants to try the other systems I've got hoarded up, even if for just a night at the store/club.
>>
Warzone Resurrection. What's that all about? Seems pricey but cool as fuck aesthetically.
>>
>>55102169
It was one of the main competitors to Warhammer back in the day, but obviously lost out. The basic story of it was that humanity spread across the solar system under the leadership of mega corporations that replaced governments, but ended up getting decimated by a demonic invasion that was only just repulsed by an anti-demon religious order. The game is set years after that initial invasion, with a rebuilt humanity and a second invasion on the horizon.

I can't tell you if this is still the case for resurrection though, to the best of my knowledge it's a company that bought up the old defunct IP and is trying to reboot the game. I have no clue how it plays either, haven't looked into it since the prices turned me off. Maybe someone else here will know.
>>
File: 1488190094873.jpg (550KB, 1200x1336px) Image search: [Google]
1488190094873.jpg
550KB, 1200x1336px
>>55102331
The Minis are awesome, these dudes are called Trenchers and the look fucking hardcore. I might just pick them up for shits and giggles.
>>
>>55091456
Is making a Mega account just to upload one or two PDFs for the trove the only decent choice?
>>
>>55101424
>but then the reality sets in in that no one wants to try the other systems I've got hoarded up, even if for just a night at the store/club.
It hurts. Although in my case, none of my friends want to try new games, and none of them want to buy into minis games, so they proxy with paper base cutouts taped to pocket change. The three nearest stores are all at least a half hour away, and only care about 40k and MtG.

My gaming life is pain.
>>
>>55105273
>Although in my case, none of my friends want to try new games

Replace 'new' with 'any', and you have my situation. Wish there were more solo engines for war games like there are for RPGs.
>>
>>55096705
Mass Effect 3 multiplayer is one of those games that I play when I want the Infinity feel on a game. (X Com does that too).
>>
>>55105599
Frozen Synapse gave me that sort of vibe too.
>>
>>55094881
Any specific recommended minis?
>>
>>55102169
See >>55102331 for a basic rundown of the fluff.

Rukes wise it's pretty slick. Models activate individually, but also as units. So if you active a squad each guy can then take their turn doing shatever they need to do, but there are also squad actions like suppression fire.

It's a d20, roll under, system so everything is fairly streamlined. Wanna shoot someone? Look at the models RS stat, apply any modifiers for terrain, roll as many d20 as the season's RoF. A weapon's strength score reduces the targets armor for each point the strength is over 10. Some guys have an impenitrable armor score which means they can never drop below a certain number.

There's also a resource management component with resource cards you can use to do various things like grant extra actions to a model, or activate special abilities and such. There's also an option deck you can use which lets you do stuff like play a card from your hand which can give units temporary boosts or extra equipment like med-packs.

Game size is usually pretty manageable. Most games each side will have a couple of squads (1000 points usually sees about 3-5 squads per side) with a special character/leader and a light vehicle (or two depending on points costs). Prodos' last batch of releases were all vehicles, and there are various force org charts to let to play different ways and use different units (like the big vehicles and such).

I think it's a great game, and Warzone (back in the 90's) is what got me into warming to begin with. Be warned, though, that Prodos' release schedule is all sorts of fucked. They've been promising a couple of two-player starters now for at least a year and we've seen nothing of them. Still; there's enough there to give you options as is. Just now that some units still don't have models and an entire faction is in the core rule book but is unplayable due to lack of models.
>>
>>55107574
Oh shit a D20 wargame with cards? I didn't know that bit, that sounds all sorts of awesome? Is there perhaps a pdf online of the rulebook? I would like to demo the core game, but I would definitely go to retail if it's good.
40K 8th is good and all, but it seems to be a bit flat. Warzone has a sick aesthetic and some pretty appealing features based on what you just said.
>>
>>55107629
The rules are free on Prodos' site.
>>
>>55107695
Love you anon <3
>>
>>55107629
Yeah, the rules are free on Prodos' website.

A few things I like over 40k are that it uses alternating activations and there's no phase system bullshit. You can shoot then move, move then shoot or whatever order you want to do actions in (like interact with an objective and then book it).
>>
>>55107480
Whatever you can find honestly. All jokes aside, maybe some Infinity/generic sci-fi stuff in 28mm on individual bases. I've been testing on Roll20 using a virtual tabletop so miniatures haven't been my top priority.
>>
>>55108180
Do you know if this set can be used with the new rules? I think the mini's are the wrong size and I couldn't find Imperial Regulars or Ducal Militia in the rule book. Are these units just gone from the game now? This game sounds awesome, but it also sounds like it will require decent investment.
>>
File: Bauhaus.jpg (362KB, 959x1193px) Image search: [Google]
Bauhaus.jpg
362KB, 959x1193px
>>55102169

Honestly it's pretty much my favorite all around game at the moment. Good models (Not great but good), good rules, and great setting.
>>
>>55108839
Hahaha that guy is a boss! That horse must be crazy strong to support all that weight too.
Would you be able to weigh in on this >>55108818
>>
File: iabb3_750pix_1024x1024.jpg (71KB, 750x532px) Image search: [Google]
iabb3_750pix_1024x1024.jpg
71KB, 750x532px
Anybody got these to share?
>>
>>55108818
>it will require decent investment.
If you have your heart set on the Prodos stuff only then yeah, but you could always grab some older models on the cheap and get started that way.

http://shop.princeaugust.ie/tg2420-warzone-mutant-chronicles-tabletop-wargame/

There's the old starter set, comes with 80 plastic miniatures plus older edition rules. If you look around on that site they also sell some pewter minis for reasonable prices.
>>
>>55109141
I did a bit of reading on that set. It's cheap and you are getting 80 minis plus rules, but they aren't the right scale or base size. Plus I can't seem to find those units in the new rulebook either so I think those units have been replaced. I can't blame prodos for making the older starter set from another company defunct. Business wise it's the smart move to make if you want to generate sales.

The 32mm minis are gorgeously aesthetic though, so the price is sort of worth it.
>>
>>55108818
>>55108862
Old minis are 28mm-H, new ones are Infiniti-esque 32mm and the vee footprints are 3-4x as large as the old metals for things like the Necromower. Theoretically they're re-releasing all the old units, but they're still not even finished with some of the iconic Corp-units yet let alone weirdo shit.
>>
>>55109261
Dammit. That would mean that the best option would be to go with the more expensive, newer minis.
>>
>>55109241
>I did a bit of reading on that set. It's cheap and you are getting 80 minis plus rules, but they aren't the right scale or base size. Plus I can't seem to find those units in the new rulebook either so I think those units have been replaced.
Uh.. Trenchers and Hussars are the basic troop types for each faction.
http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/bauhaus/43-hussars.html
http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/imperial/72-trenchers.html
You can't make them go away for a new edition. The scale shift and rules changes were a deliberate choice to push more detail on the models and compete with Infinity/Warmahordes instead of GW. Not a bad plan, honestly; the old stuff has >not< aged well, and I say that as a guy who got started minis wargaming with Warzone 1e
>>
>>55109119
Seeing as it's /awg/ I'd really say just read the reviews (some are very in-depth about rules) and just by the thing. It's not a big company. Keep them floating.
>>
File: 1475501538133.jpg (275KB, 900x744px) Image search: [Google]
1475501538133.jpg
275KB, 900x744px
>>55109356
>Trenchers and Hussars are the basic troop types for each faction.
Not that anon, but Army Regulars and Ducal Militia were the basic troop types in 2nd Ed. Trenchers and Hussars were the more adept units.
>>
File: WALKER.jpg (215KB, 700x766px) Image search: [Google]
WALKER.jpg
215KB, 700x766px
For anyone interested Hasslefree have a sale going on until tomorrow, the code is FACEPAIN2 and it's 15% off.

I ordered myself a bunch of the Gamezone / Artemis Black elf heroes and mages to make some kind of fantasy warband, and one of the Grym walkers, which is basically just a small Metal Gear and so will be perfect painted up as a Strider of some sort for Heavy Gear (2 Action 3" Strider with 2x HRC/HRL and 1x MRG/HLC probably, I could stick a rocket pod on it as well for the proper Heavy Gear look).

It will also be useful if/when my Human Interface kickstarter comes in as a Ghost in the Shell style boss mech, to go with my HF Motoko/Batou for if I run some kind of generic near-future game.
>>
File: 20170828_223050.jpg (997KB, 918x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20170828_223050.jpg
997KB, 918x1632px
>>55109692
Also to kick off this High Elves warband project I salvaged this old-ass mini from my club's bitz box, I know it's GW but it's a pretty venerable oldhammer one...
>>
>>55109692
>>55109711
Sure would be nice if they told you the scale.
>>
File: IMG_0175.jpg (193KB, 1023x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0175.jpg
193KB, 1023x802px
>Heavy Gear Blitz! Kickstarter #2 starts at the end of September.

Can't come soon enough. I've been theory-building army lists for Nucoal/PAK and I'm fucking in love with the Arbalestier. It's practically pic related.
>>
File: 1483298354822.png (177KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
1483298354822.png
177KB, 697x768px
>>55109757
>We primarily manufacture '30mm' fantasy and sci-fi figures. We work to a ‘true’ 30mm scale and not a ‘heroic’ scale which means that approximately a 5'10" tall man (average height) would be 32mm to top of his head (Some scales, particularly older military ones, measure to the eye, hence the 30mm reference). As Kev sculpts in correct proportions as opposed to any heroic style of proportion this means that our miniatures can vary in 'height but stil match each other in 'scale', which is by far the most important part of matching miniature ranges. .
>>
>>55109757
Hasslefree stuff is 28mm unless specifically stated otherwise (they've got a small larger-scale display range), they also give you dimensions on some of the weirder stuff (like the walker is specified as 50mm tall and 45mm wide)

>>55109768
My wallet fears a great pain. I should really see about selling my Caprica/CEF stuff because while I love the spidertanks they're boring as fuck to play and I have no fucking clue how you play CEF.
>>
>>55109800
DISREGARD THIS I SUCK COCKS

They look fine next to GW and Infinity models though.
>>
>>55109800
CEF is all about that standoff range.

it's a shame the plastic kit didn't come with any HC-3's. The insane recon unit CEF has for 9TV means you can really abuse the fact that every frame and their mother can carry AT-missiles.

Another shame was that they introduced the new plastic hovertank instead of remaking one of the old ones. it tires to hit a middle ground but ends up being inferior to the light tanks and heavier 68 and 72.
>>
>>55109768
Sheeit, if they have a decently-priced pledge level that includes all factions like last time then I'm in.

I just hope they have a faster turnaround than the first kickstarter.
>>
>>55109800
>while I love the spidertanks they're boring as fuck to play

That's a shame, I fucking love me some spider tanks, and if I ever picked up Heavy Gear it'd be for Caprice. What makes them boring to play? Very limited playstyle options?

Also, can someone give me the elevator pitch on the Heavy Gear Blitzrules?
>>
>>55109960
They've gone for a living rulebook format so the rules are free.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/144759/Heavy-Gear-Blitz-Tabletop-Wargaming--Living-Rulebook-Beta?filters=0_0_0_0&manufacturers_id=19&affiliate_id=4310
>>
>>55048452
>or is Spartan too big now?

Sonny.... Spartan is dead now.
>>
File: PeaceRiverCrusaderIVmodelpreview.jpg (437KB, 1479x1479px) Image search: [Google]
PeaceRiverCrusaderIVmodelpreview.jpg
437KB, 1479x1479px
>>55109896
Unsure about the turnaround but they've really learned some lessons about plastic-casting. By the sounds of it it means there won't be extra legs with poses however, the new plastic kits for this campaign will be a lot more thought out.

>>55109960
Super fast, small mechs with a heavy emphasis on unit synergy, maneuverability and most of all; guided mortars and missiles. Tanks are scary and infantry are hard to kill.
>>
>>55109998
>Spartan is dead now.
Assholes robbed me of my shooty space ships ((read: Halo))
>>
>>55109960
I found they were the expensive big gun faction, the Ammon (?), their biggest normal unit is mobile, tanky as fuck, armed to the teeth and points efficient as hell.

The Stable and Mount rules are fucking insane, enjoy great accuracy and huge gunz on a heavy tank chassis.
>>
>>55076907
>>55076407
>arena rex
The combat trees seem really cool. Thanks for pointing this out.
>>
>>55074242
>>55076666
>>55076772
Scrappers looks interesting. Half Rogue Stars, Half Infinity... anyone give this a try?
>>
>>55110070
I would suggest perhaps you give Dropfleet Commander a go. It's a good game that's supported, and has solid models that are inexpensive. Approx 80-100 USD for full tourney sized space fleet.
>>
>>55109896
>>55109993
>>55109960
>Also, can someone give me the elevator pitch on the Heavy Gear Blitzrules?
The living rulebook is getting an update with the upcoming kickstarter. Most of that's probably going to be a rebalance (the Caprice/"spider" faction is seriously overpowered right now) but DP9 is actually quite good about listening to customer feedback and not "overbalancing".

Short version:
• Combat system is based on an armor-piercing mechanic. More accurate hits do more damage.
• Most units have similar HP values; once you run out of "armor" the 'Mech gets crippled, but it still has at least some structure.
• command-point based interlocked initiative.
• LoS is abstract, just a cylinder determined by your unit class. Sensors let you see through terrain, which is something damned near nothing else lets you do.
• There's an excellent card-based scenario system.

The hardest points in the rules are Electronic Warfare and Forward Observation. While the weapon abbreviations are a pain in the ass to keep track of, there's a list in the back of the book and they put the stat-lines in the model entries.

Gear Grinder:
http://hgbtools.infohell.net/#
Online list-building software and printable cards.
>>
>>55114601
Oh, and combat positioning is extremely important. Rear shots and high ground both boost your damage, and when most units have 8HP or less that can be devastating. It's part of what makes Caprice so nasty right now: they can snapshot as a reaction in any direction, and climb walls freely. Watch your terrain construction.
>>
>>55109768
End of September? Great, gives me time to save for the impending rape my wallet will endure for the glory of Peace River.

>>55110017
>By the sounds of it it means there won't be extra legs with poses
When did they say this? I don't recall seeing anything like that. I just want running legs for my smaller stuff. That was a huge draw for me; being able to pose my models somewhat dynamically.
>>
File: 1317749860639.jpg (108KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
1317749860639.jpg
108KB, 500x267px
>>55114682
>>55114601
>>55109960
To add to anon's comments -
There is a huge difference in the way certain things play.
Infantry are fragile to the right weapons but immensely irritating to anything else; they can carry some disgusting firepower, especially with a forward designator. Cavalry trade survivability for speed, while mech infantry get a turn or two of vehicle cover and a cheap support weapon, but get more vulnerable the longer they stay in their trucks.
Tanks are slow but hard as nails. If they connect with a gear (especially things like the Railgun Aller) they will almost certainly kill it. On the other hand, they're easy to swarm and tracked ones handle most terrain poorly. Tanks have a low silhouette, which makes them harder to hit when they're hull-down, but easier to get the drop on.
Softskin vehicles or ATVs are fast as shit and hard to hit, but drop fast once you clip them.
Gears are a good balance of mobility and firepower. You can switch to a roller-skate mode to get more speed, or walker which gets better maneuverability and stability.
Striders are large, tank-like Gears with much heavier weaponry and upgraded armor. Unlike tanks, they mount a variety of slightly less-powerful weapons and are more vulnerable to other units. Striders are also usually very tall and easy to spot, which would make them good distraction units if they weren't so damned expensive.
Drones are cheap, useful, and disposable

Terran units (and certain Terranovan factions, but it's complicated) get special units.
Hovertanks are fast and mean, but easy to cripple.
Power-armored infantry, like FLAILS and Golems, are sort of "gears-lite", partway between infantry and Gears. It's easy to hurt them but hard to wipe them out without artillery or a concentrated effort that takes away a lot of your firepower for the turn. They're good for hunting light fast stuff or holding objectives, not so much for heavier units. 'Leastaways, not in my limited experience.
>>
File: SAM_4442.jpg (4MB, 3986x2651px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_4442.jpg
4MB, 3986x2651px
>>55114682
I should see what my all stealth/field armour/airborne deployment Black Talons can do against Caprice Ammon spam one day.

Airdrop in, railgun the shit out of things, Naga drops a 20" killzone to clear out small targets.

Also, someone was looking recently for AD Police/80s OVA riot cop models, how are these?

http://www.macrocosm.co.uk/product/591/
>>
>>55115953
>When did they say this?
they didn't desu, I'm just going off some minor speculation on their forum that wasn't answered by the developers. It could still be a thing.
>>
>>55114682
>That Tachikoma face on the mount
fucking nice
>>
>>55116721
wasn't me, but damn those are sexy
>>
>>55034654
>Spartan inevitably leaves it to rot,
Spartan died recently. F
>>
Warlord seems to buy out everything these days.

Do you think they'll buy some of Spartans assets?
>>
>>55118074
Do they normally buy up stuff outside their 28mm comfort zone? I can't think of any examples.
>>
>>55096165

yup. I kinda like painting, but dont ever play. ever. I know it should be enough to do-what-you-enjoy but I get the same 'whats the point' feeling.
>>
>>55116721
Is Ammon spam actually a thing? Those bastards are 26, 28 or 30 points a pop depending on varient. I would think massive swarma of Accos would be more likely.

>>55117560
Ah. Wonder if there's a way to get some clarification. I'd hate to lose the running legs the other plastic have.
>>
>>55114682
That's a pretty cool effect on the infantry stands, how would I go about replicating it?
>>
>>55121576
The theoretical problem is with Ammons and other heavily-armed Mounts. IIRC, Accos can't snap-fire back with enough individual firepower to make things hairy. The Rotaries on the Aphek/Kadesh/Megiddo are annoying, but apparently the linked Railers on the Ammon mean you charge it up the center, perch it on top of whatever you can find, and then react-fire yourself to victory or get shelled out of existence.

It's weird coming into HG again for me, since I kinda left last time while it was still a Mekton supplement, and all the minis I have are stuff I picked up when a game store was going under. So I have three Moab mounts I got for a fiver each in the early 2000s, and the instant I asked about Caprice I was inundated with "oh god bandwagoner incoming". So.. yeah. Haven't gotten an actual game in yet since dp9 is allergic to advertising or distributing their games and no-one around here plays.
>>
>>55122535
>dp9 is allergic to advertising or distributing their games and no-one around here plays.

This so fucking much. I am literally gonna have to shill their game for them in my local stores.

It's kinda timley though. With spartan going under my local store will soon have a large hole in its shelves, perhaps if I get people interested when the new plastic sets drop they might get something sorted.
>>
>>55121576
I ran 3 at 150TV once. They sat there and killed a lot and very little could reliably kill them fast enough.
>>
I got the Dropzone Commander 2 player starter set in Dark Sphere's 50% off sale. £30 for what looks like a fun starter. Did I do good? It was an impulse buy.
>>
>>55125700
It's pretty good, although the general consensus is you're better off getting two sets if you really want to get going with DZC.

It has it's own general anyway so you might want to ask there.
>>
>>55125782
I can pick up another set if I like then at the very least.

>It has it's own general anyway so you might want to ask there.
Shit so it does. My bad.
>>
I played a 2000 point game of Epic this evening, after playing a few 1000 point games. It was a tonne of fun; the game definitely picks up with the larger size. Although Minigeddon was useful for just getting a handle on the rules.
>>
>>55123026
DP9 has neat stuff, and I love the Heavy Gear universe, but dear god do they think highly of the shit they make.
>>
>>55108839
>>55109141
THERE ARE SO MANY RULES OH GOD WHY IS THERE A FUCKING FLOWCHART
>>
>>55119243
Not really. They're releasing a new WWII air-combat game which is 1/200.

But the last thing Warlord needs is another game system. They've already gotten a bit bloated and have let things like Terminator fall by the wayside.

I'm not even sure how much longer Priestly's baby, Antares, will last.
>>
>>55127416
kek is it youe first wargame? Flowchart is pretty simple, not like it was too complex to explain otherwise, it's just more obvious and easier to reference that way.(actually weren't there like two or three flowcharts?)
>>
>>55126987

AAR please. (text only is fine)

I've been thinking of getting into Epic, but somehow never seem to find the time.
What makes it fun for you?
>>
File: EVE-ships-subcap-Tyrannis.jpg (3MB, 6144x4680px) Image search: [Google]
EVE-ships-subcap-Tyrannis.jpg
3MB, 6144x4680px
Hey /awg/
I'm looking at 3d printing some EVE Online miniatures and was hoping there was a miniature agnostic wargame (any size but skirmish preferred) similar to rogue stars but set around space combat.
Any suggestions would be great, cheers.
>>
>>55131213
>miniature agnostic wargame

Why is the only thing I can come up with right now Full Thrust?
I recommend the Project Continuum -
it's an unofficial expansion which covers just about any kind of Spaceshit you might want to play with.
>>
File: gold_magnate.jpg (376KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
gold_magnate.jpg
376KB, 2048x2048px
>>55131280
Thanks anon, will check it out.
Have best ship.
>>
>>55131376
You're welcome.
Sadly, there's not many systems to choose from: Full Thrust and Firestorm Armada.
(I like Full Thrust better)
I've been looking for a better system myself - and even tried to homebrew some shit - but nothing so far.
We'll just have to stick with the oldies.
>>
>>55131492
Oh, yeah - I forgot Starfire & Star Fleet Battles.
Must have slipped my mind because both are so clunky (IMHO) to the point of being unplayable.
>>
Was thinking of getting kow abyssal dorfs. Can anyone gove me a rundown on kow vs other games?
>>
It's been a good /awg/

See you on the other side.
>>
>>55039852
What are the balloons used for?
>>
>>55066935
Damn, hadn't heard about relicblade before, those minis are lovely.
>>
>>55132548
I have been playing Warhammer fantasy battles and Warhammer 40k. More recently a lot of Flames of War. The systems and rules are very good. It is a lot of fun and streamlined. Maneuvering is the key to victory. Listbuilding is secondary.

The only thing I was skeptical about was the „woundmarker“ and „you take away whole regiments without removing a miniature before“ thingy.

But after some games those worries were blown away. Partly because it is really convinient, you can set up and play so fast that two games are not a problem on one afternoon evening.

Also the system is a modelers wet dream. You can do multibases and really neat stuff. It is just so much fun to work on an army and be creative about it (which is encouraged by the devs.).
>>
page 11!
>>55133881
>>55133881
>>55133881

We are starting to feel like a real general, petty fighting and all
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.