[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 474
Thread images: 74

File: daen.jpg (72KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
daen.jpg
72KB, 720x960px
Trump Daemon edition

>Death Guard preview
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos comeback is on.
https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine and Codex Grey Knights FAQ
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/20/chaos-space-marines-and-grey-knights-updates-now-availablegw-homepage-post-4/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
https://mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-Anon doing the Emperor's work)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>55011440
Second for crons
>>
>>55011440
pretend fag here. I wish what I was pretending in the last thread was true. But we all know that whatever is released, it will be pretty bland.

There won't be any major upsets in army styling, like assault farsight enclaves. There won't be any penalties that exceed 1, like a mortarion aura of -3 movement.

Everything will be just like the indexes, with a few minor changes and the same seven tactical bonuses for subfactions copy/pasted throughout.
>>
>>55011440
You just had to start with shitposting? You couldn't even wait to shit the thread afterwards? You guys are scum, no one gives a fuck about politics. You have a whole board for that shit.
>>
>>55011486
Out of the loop here; what seven tacticak bonuses? The Space marine ones?
>>
Worth taking Vets in a Scion army?
>>
>>55011525
Yeah, everything is just going to be minor variations of that.
>>
Are there even 7 well known forgeworlds? All I can think of is Mars, Metallica and Ryza
>>
>>55011532
Good.
>>
>>55011528

It's not worth taking veterans ever. Scions do everything better and don't consume the same slot your buffing characters and units come from.
>>
File: Norgol.jpg (9KB, 250x150px) Image search: [Google]
Norgol.jpg
9KB, 250x150px
>>55011440
seventh for nurgle
>>
>>55011572
>9th
>justasplanned.jpeg
FUCK
>>
Worth grabbing bits of Mechanicum while FoC is still baking? Any clue how long it may take?
>>
Been out of the loop, anything new or interesting for Nurgle?
>>
File: nurgle pre.jpg (789KB, 1000x643px) Image search: [Google]
nurgle pre.jpg
789KB, 1000x643px
>>55011631
Nothing we didn't know.

Check the preview image yourself.
>>
>>55011631
First link in the OP.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Mortarion
>Terminators
>Deathshroud
>Typhus
>Boxed Plague Marines with more options
>Boxed Foetid Bloat-Drones with more options
>Tank
>>
>>55011440
>no maga hat
>none of the maggots are truely yuge

1/10 shitpost, must be 18+ to view the contents of this website
>>
>>55011486
I had high hopes going into the edition but since they literally copypasted <army> rules twice already i'm not expecting much. 1K sons will probably get the GK +1 to cast.

I can only hope they give my xenos armies something relevant. It's been 5 fucking editions since I could take aspect warriors as troops and i'm super pissed they FAQed Khornezerkers into being troops again. Like fuck my troops are overpriced, mediocre, and i've haemorrhaged almost every single choice in the category. I already suffer from not having HQs with bonus CP but shitty troops and fewer options is just a slap in the face.
>>
>>55011556
From 7th edition codex there's Mars, Lucius, Agripinaa, Stygies VIII, Graia, Metalica and Ryza.
>>
File: dg.jpg (101KB, 1474x612px) Image search: [Google]
dg.jpg
101KB, 1474x612px
Plague Doctor when
>>
>>55011650
>picture does not contain Mr. Tallyman
>>
File: 20170822_173846-1.jpg (3MB, 3060x1634px) Image search: [Google]
20170822_173846-1.jpg
3MB, 3060x1634px
ORKS!
>>
What's the best way to get pistol + swords marines? I'm trying to build a 20man mobs of csm for footslogging.
>>
>>55011690
>mfw he was a conversion
>>
>>55011498
This
>>
>>55011608
if you got access to forgeworld or wanna pay a bit in shipping then go for it. i've always wanted a mechanicum army
>>
What's a good nid spearhead?
>>
>>55011741
CARNIFEXXXXXXX
>>
>>55011650
Are those Nurgle artillery tanks back there? I heard they appear in the new starter guide for 40k and stuff but I didn't know it was true.
>>
>>55011686

Check out Carnevale Kickstarter for their Plague Doctor mini, they have since added an individual mini backer reward so you can just snipe those.

Otherwise, if you want a Nurgle plague doctor, you might have to steal some Tzeentchian heads and helmets, maybe that beakie cultist mask, and stick it onto a suitably Nurgly model. Possibly also deck him out in corrupted Legion Apothecary gear and count him as a Plague Caster or some other suitable character mini.
>>
File: 1492840608121m.jpg (82KB, 866x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492840608121m.jpg
82KB, 866x1024px
>>55011686
>mfw every DG army will contain
>Malignant Plaguecaster
>Noxious Blightbringer
>Toxic Tallyman
>Rotting Doc
>>
>>55011650
Alright, so that brings the DG roster to:
Mortarion
Typhus
Lord of Contagion
Plaguecaster
Tallyman
Plague Bombard
Plague Drones
-Claws
-Gun/missilepod(?)
-Bile spewer
Plague Terminators
Death Shroud(They look a bit fancier than the other Terminators)
Plaguemarines
-New guns, CC weapons and what seems to be a banner

Compared to the TS:
Magnus
Ahriman
Exalted Sorcerers
Tzaangors
Rubric
-New guns
Scarab Terminators

Pretty good showing, morty
>>
File: 1498195843459.png (2MB, 4200x3564px) Image search: [Google]
1498195843459.png
2MB, 4200x3564px
If they bring back another loyalist, I think it'll be Russ or the Lion.

Sanguinius: Mega Dead

Ferrus: Regular Dead

Khan: Not Enough People Care to Justify Production Costs

Vulkan: Can't Be Dead - Entirely possible - Niche chapter with no successors

Russ: Probably not dead - May be a mutant by now - Narrative with Magnus - Very popular and popular chapter

Lion - Definitely alive - Popular subfaction with many successors - Narrative with Fallen and former member of Imperium Secundus with Guilliman - Another regular primarch with a big sword known for tactical genius, not really different from Guilliman at this point

Dorn - Not confirmed DEAD, per se - Could have a totally sick replacement fist to be the ultimate fist guy - Popular chapter with many successors - Probably dead

Corax - Probably went and killed himself - What a fucking pussy - You gonna cry about it, emo kid? - Significantly different gameplay from Guilliman - Popular chapter with many successors - Total bitch
>>
File: frankwhatisthis.jpg (8KB, 314x301px) Image search: [Google]
frankwhatisthis.jpg
8KB, 314x301px
>>55011798
>mfw you forget Typhus
>>
File: 1491342566090.png (245KB, 526x438px) Image search: [Google]
1491342566090.png
245KB, 526x438px
As for heretics:

Horus - Deader than Sanguinius - Ditched by his legion as a failure - What are they gonna call it, Horus Heresy 3: The Reckoning? - Literally never

Fulgrim - Living Daemon Primarch - Very Popular - Cult legion - Probably the best narrative with Guilliman even more so than Lorgar since he murdered him - Best Primarch K/D ratio -Hey cool, new slaanesh stuff and this guy's a snake!

Angron -Living Daemon Primarch - Very Popular - Cult legion - Hey, new Berserkers! - Very active in lore on Armageddon and wants to invade terra - Most of his legion update work already done, just update zerks, kharn is already here - Basically a better bloodthirster

Perturabo - Totally Alive Daemon Primarch - Non cult legion, only mildly popular- Only relevant to narrative if Dorn is around - Dorn is dead - Shootygun obliterator techno daemon primarch would be so so sick - Actually a good nemesis for the Mechanicum

Alpharius Omegon - Who knows - Meme popular - Already has a model: your whole army - has narrative with Robby

Lorgar - Totally alive daemon primarch- Lazy - Non Cult Legion - Very evil - Basically the main villain here - Good narrative with Guilliman - Good way to sell daemons

Night Haunter - Probably Dead - Kinda played out his shtick in 30k - not a daemon - A cool guy
It's fulgrim or angron next and I'm leaning towards fulgrim for the narrative and serious update required for slaanesh stuff, particularly noise marines who are now the only cult without a plastic box set
>>
Is autism a requirement to fit in with the warhammer crowd or do most GWs have some chill guys just there to enjoy games? Thinking of starting this weekend
>>
File: 1490930337985.png (192KB, 526x399px) Image search: [Google]
1490930337985.png
192KB, 526x399px
>>55011836
>mfw I forgot Typhus
>>
>>55011811
I wonder how customizable the Lord of Contagion will be upon full release. It'd be neat if they at least got some different options for looks, a palanquin, etc. like the Exalted Sorcerers.
>>
So what's the probability of alternative forgeworld transfer sheets coming with the codex release?
Always felt locked into running Mars since I'm not feeling freehanding every squad member
>>
File: a1dsa1d2sad12as1.jpg (120KB, 736x1035px) Image search: [Google]
a1dsa1d2sad12as1.jpg
120KB, 736x1035px
>>55011811
This is a good sign for EC
>>
>>55011440
Can someone tell me about Reivers overall? Are they any good? Are they good in melee at all or should they stick to shooting? Im a Primaris only chapter and Reivers are my onky real option for melee currently
>>
What is the codex release pasta again? How does it stack up with the fact that AdMech are getting released after Death Guard?
>>
>>55011861
most have chill guys, with a few autists, if there are a lot of autists look at other places in your area, its likely that non-autists migrate away from the autists if they are present in large enough numbers.
>>
>>55011912
Thanks mate. I think there are 5 or so around Sydney so I should be fine then
>>
File: delinquencybearer.jpg (34KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
delinquencybearer.jpg
34KB, 500x484px
>>55011811
>implying Nurgle's gardener won't get 40k rules
>>
How versatile are the primaris kits? Can you put helmets on the sergeants or does the helmet come glued to his hip?
>>
>>55011686
Man, I really want to make some 30k DG apothecaries with a plague doctor look, but can't decide what head to use. MkVI seems a bit plain and might not fit MkIV and III bodies very well. There's that one Tzeentch sorcerer head with a long beak, but it has all manner of runes on it.
>>
>>55011884
Only if you assume that you're not next in line for a new army.

Remember that the new army releases have gone: 1K Sons, Ynnari (literally 3 models all of which are named hqs), Death Guard.

If you're next I'd expect a new Lucius and nothing else.
>>
>>55012015
yeah I don't think EC are next, they wouldn't do two CSM in a row. Lion is probably the next primarch, and another xeno army will probably come out, then EC
>>
>>55011933
If I wasn't gonna be bothered by not having scissors to put on the dude, I thought it'd be funny to make a Nurgle Ryuko with half a garden shear.
>>
A guy at my store brings 2 broodlords and 98 genestealers for a 1500 point list. How do I fight that as marines?
>>
>>55011861
There is bound to be a designated autist store in your area,

Its gonna be the one where no one seemingly works there and friends of the owner check you out.
>>
>>55012046
The new flamer guys?
He HAS to come to you. Stand still for 4d6 flamer each
>>
Looking at the CSM codex, doesn't daemonic ritual completely break non matched play?

So like, choose to roll between one to three dice. If you have the models on a roll of an 8+ TWENTY guys with power swords just drop out of the sky, what can even compete with that? There isn't enough free wargear in the world...
>>
>>55011861
in my experience, stores are mostly full of autists and stockholm-syndrome types who are maybe not pathologically socially retarded but just a little shy and awkward, and can't break out of the situation they find themselves in. Bro-tier gamers are generally locked away behind local groups/clubs. Takes a little more work to find them but is worth it
>>
>>55012080
Well, if you're not doing matched you're probably doing narrative
Hopefully your opponent is interested in a narrative and not 'Lol get roflstomped for the bloods and skullz'
>>
>>55012080
Simple solution, play with someone who's not a fucking asshole.
>>
>>55011701
CSM box has enough pistols and sword for everyone.
>>
File: Daemonettes_by_daarken.jpg (88KB, 900x732px) Image search: [Google]
Daemonettes_by_daarken.jpg
88KB, 900x732px
Could a mono-Slaanesh army with no CSM ever beat Necrons or IG in a 1000pt game?
>>
>>55011680
Wasn't Graia completely fucking rekt by one xenos faction or another a long time ago?
>>
File: SALChapterFocusBanner.jpg (185KB, 1000x348px) Image search: [Google]
SALChapterFocusBanner.jpg
185KB, 1000x348px
>>55012046
>100 genestealers
Vulkan's cock! Introduce this girl to your new Salamander's successor and flamestorm Passive-Aggressorsâ„¢.
>>
>>55012126
But what if it's two assholes, like, some harliquin player with every harlequin equipped with fusion pistols and caresses so the csm player just throwers up their hands and puts down 40 daemonettes?
>>
>>55012062
Better hope he doesn't ally GSC and cast the no overwatch power.

Or just spam charges from over 8" away until one makes it.
>>
>>55012218
Graia is primarily a massive ring-network of orbital platforms that has warp-transit capabilities. Their planets have been rekt a few times, they just find a new dustball to mine and start over. Also means their Skitarii can fight in space, mag-locked to the outside of the Graian Crown.
>>
>>55012272
>GW actually writing good lore in year of our Omnissiah 2015-17
God DAMN.
>>
>>55012206
No and no. Daemonettes are just going to get gunned down over and over again.
T3 5+ is a pathetic save unless you're fighting elite infantry.
>>
How hard is it to make the DI intercessors into stalker bolt rifles ? Is it worth buying the weapons alone and giving them to the starter set marines or should I just grab a box of intercessors ?
>>
>>55012206
>Necrons
Probably. Like daemons without CSM staples such as magnus, necrons aren't in a good spot right now.
>IG
Depends on the list and if your opponent has more than 2 brain cells.
If they're mechanized and kill your monsters or a conscript spam list you're probably fucked. If it's a balanced list that's low on tanks/artillery you might win the day.
>>
>>55012297
This isn't AoS. Daemons at least get a 5++

Fuck AoS daemons. I have no clue what the fuck you're supposed to do other than play objectives and try to survive with them.
>>
>>55012341
>daemons without CSM staples such as magnus.
. .aren't in a good spot right now.
This is supposed to change when Codex: Chaos Daemons drops, right? Sorry, newfag here
>>
>>55011650
Who are the black and red guys up front?
>>
>>55011677
>no CP hq
Two fucking characters do that: Girlyman and Abbywabby.
>>
>>55012379
5++ doesn't do any good.

First turn everything moves forward but doesn't do any damage, snake horses may get a charge off on some screening units buts but that's it. Then their turn one they open up on you with with millions of shots, any big guns go in to killing greater daemons and the chariots.
A good gun line sees your greater daemon dead every time.
>>
>>55011841
>Curze
>Probably dead
>Probably
Come on, man. I'm a NLfag, and I know he's dead as shit.
>>
>>55012512
I play SoB and outside of IG heavy gun lines there is little to fear about any army right now.
When I play demons of any kind I fear anything with gun that has 12" or more range
>>
>>55012473
Militarum Tempestus Scions
>>
>>55012442
Codex Space Marines and Codex Chaos Space Marines both had nothing but straight up buffs in them and neither needed buffs. Especially since normal SM and Imperial soup lists are top tier.

The Chaos space marine book also buffed non-horrors daemon troops by dropping their cost and nerfed horrors. This did not actually improve anything and just made daemons worse since brimstones with 1 pink or one blue were the best you could do and you'd have to bring daemonettes and bloodletters down to the price of guardsmen, hormagaunts, or conscripts before they became viable.

>>55012477
You forgot Calgar and Azrael
>>
>>55012555
>more spessmuhreens
That's why, then. Fuck that.
>>
>>55012473
Men, heavily trained but men nonetheless.
Marines wish they had half the balls this men have.
>>
File: tempy.png (230KB, 637x578px) Image search: [Google]
tempy.png
230KB, 637x578px
>>55012553
Oh, so they are. Never looked at them from behind before.
>>
>>55012571
1 squad of dudes and an inquisitor vs a daemon primarch, the immortal typhus, and a literal army of chaos space marines.

Yeah they got balls.
>>
>>>55012588

The Visarch's design is actually supposed to reflect the pre-fall eldar if you didn't know that already. Good choice.
>>
Why are gaurd so fucking overpowered?
>>
>>55012696
i dont understand?
>>
>>55012555
So Codex: CSM buffed Khorne and Nurgle daemons but nerfed Slaanesh and Tzeentch?
And the fact they blatantly buffed CSM and SM in their Codex's means it's likely when Codex Chaos Daemon comes out they'll be viable right?
>>
>>55012696

Dunno.
Happened in 3rd too.
Instead of indexes, all the armies just had simple lists in the back of the book until codexes came out.
Guard were broken as fuck, and it took 2 codexes for them to be fixed.
>>
>>55012036
you don't think Khorne will get his stuff before us? Slaanesh is usually last when it comes to chaos stuff, no?
>>
>>55012696

>Infantry are dirt cheap
>Special weapons for guard is dirt cheap
>Plenty of access to D6 damage weapons
>Heavy Bolter spam
>Pask is a monster
>Vanilla Battle tanks are great all-rounders
>>
>>55012791
I remember when people on here were bitching about how much stock leman russ were shit now because muh d6 damage!
People on this board are shit at 40k.
>>
>>55011691
Looks cool. Brutes converted into nobz?
>>
>>55012818
To be fair they're a bit overpriced now. 240+ seems crazy to me when they used to be a flat 150
>>
>>55012818
They're shit until you bring a lot of them. Like Basilisks.
>>
>>55012791
Remember when 8th dropped and everyone was so quick to shit on the LRBT, saying how shit it was?
>>
how do we get GW to start making interesting rules again?

7th edition took things too far. But, at least all of the armies felt extremely distinct from each other. I'm starting to think 8th edition is an overcorrection in the other way: things look super boring and samey so far.

Does GW listen to constructive criticism? Where do you submit it?
>>
Alright. Going to be grabbing some stuff for 8th. Do I start a small force of primaris my dudes and wait for the slaanesh stuff, or do I get chaos manlets? My idea for the primaris was to make them be my warband pre-fall to chaos, but is it better to buy an army I have a secondary interest in while I wait for the faction I actually want to play, or buy the faction I want but rebuy all the new stuff whenever it comes out.
>>
>>55012818
Stock Leman Russ ARE shit and the battle cannons are D3 damage, not D6.

Guard are top tier because of conscripts, artillery, and plasma scions. Not Russes.
>>
>>55012853
to be fair its the hq varients that are good the standard one hits on 4s unless it moves
>>
>>55012855
to be fair, we've only gotten space marines and spikey space marines. Perhaps wait till the mechanicus codex drops to get a better picture of what not space marines looks like?
>>
>>55012855
Wait to see more books and chapter approved before bitching about how lame this edition is, its just getting started.
>>
>>55012818
>tank shoots
> my hellbrute almost dead
K
>>
>>55012863
Isn't it D6 hits, D3 damage?
>>
File: 1502300277995.jpg (82KB, 750x838px) Image search: [Google]
1502300277995.jpg
82KB, 750x838px
+ HQ +

Commissar Yarrick

Company Commander: Chainsword, Laspistol

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad
5x Guardsman
Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer
Guardsman w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster
Heavy Weapon Team: Autocannon
Sergeant: Chainsword, Laspistol

Infantry Squad
5x Guardsman
Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer
Guardsman w/ Vox-caster: Vox-caster
Heavy Weapon Team: Autocannon

Militarum Tempestus Scions
5x Scion: 5x Hot-shot Lasgun
Scion w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun
Scion w/ Special Weapon: Meltagun
Scion w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
Scion w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

+ Elites +

Veterans
Veteran Sergeant: Chainsword, Laspistol
Veteran W/ Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer
6x Veteran w/ Lasgun
Veteran Weapon Team: Lascannon

Veterans
Veteran W/ Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer
6x Veteran w/ Lasgun
Veteran Weapon Team: Lascannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chimera: Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser

Chimera: Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser

Taurox Prime: Taurox Gatling Cannon, Two Autocannons

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) ++

+ HQ +

Knight Commander Pask: Lascannon, Plasma Cannons
Command Punisher: Turret-mounted Punisher Gatling Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Leman Russ Battle Tanks
Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Demolishers
Leman Russ Demolisher: Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamers, Turret-mounted Demolisher Siege Cannon

Leman Russ Demolishers
Leman Russ Executioner: Lascannon, Plasma Cannons, Turret-mounted Executioner Plasma Cannon

++ Total: [99 PL, 1750pts] ++

Thoughts?
>>
>>55012708
>>55012696
They aren't if you're smart. Guardfags- aside from a handful of cool (non-peach) anons- are retarded, with a competitive strategy of 'hurrr I brought 150 conscripts and some tanks, battlesheck men shit huehuehue.' Pretty much every army has a solid- if unconventional- way of dealing with them, so just figure that out and spam the everloving shit out of it.

>marines take aggressors, assault cannons, and heavy firepower, plus sniper Scouts
>sisters take flamers to clear screen and melta to clear vehicles
>Admech takes rad-brahs and shootyboops to kill infantry, onagers and destroyers to kill tanks
>CSM take bezerkers to literally rip their whole army to shreds, and whatever for heavy Support
>crons are kinda fuckt cause they aren't massed enough to kill scripts or heavy enough to deal with tanks
>Eldar missile launcher+dark reapers+assload of shuriken
>dark Eldar kinda have same as crons, but can handle themselves just in general by kiting
>boyz Krump Punee humies, da rest kill da boxed gitz
>Nids throw first-turn charges or hordes at them and swarm/crush everything to death
>I don't give a fuck about Tau
>>
>>55012863
I play scions only and I have got to say I was not afraid of any army I have played so far no matter if they had a codex or index my W/L ratio 11/6
>>
Next weekend's konor is flyer and fast attack based. How does this sound? I'm likely to play against tyranids, necrons, black templars, admech, and tau.

1850 Iron Hands

Battallion + Outrider

Terminator librarian with force stave and storm bolter

Razorback with TL assault cannon and storm bolter carrying a Captain (Teeth of Terra) and 5 assault marines (Thunder hammer, melta bomb, 1 guy has chainsword + plasma pistol)

Stormraven (TL assault cannon, multimelta, hurricane bolters) carrying a chaplain, apothecary, 5 cataphractii terminators, contemptor dread with kheres

5 scouts with bolters and a heavy bolter (for hellfire shells stratagem)
5 sniper scouts
10 tac marines with storm bolter + meltabomb sergeant, plasmagun, missile launcher (for flakk stratagem)

Predator with autocannon, 2 lascannons, storm bolter

Tarantula sentry turret with TL lascannon

Tarantula with TL assault cannon
>>
>>55012895
I was going to give you thoughts but:
1. No point values per unit.
2. Trap picture.
>>
>>55012878
>>55012879
Okay, that's fair. I think the spiky space marines should have been more distinct, but that's fair.

However, they did establish a pattern that concerns me:

Space marines codex has almost the exact same stats as the space marines index. There's nothing out of line with what the index did.

Same for Chaos Space Marines. Basically both codexes were copies of their respective index with some minor changes and some extremely bland chapter/legion bonuses.

I worry that that pattern will continue.
>>
>>55012885
Close, it's D6 shots, that all need to roll to hit.
>>
>>55012863

>Stock Leman Russ ARE shit
So is your experience with them, obviously.
>>
>>55012895
protip: compress your lists

i.e.

infantry squad - X pts
flamer
vox
Autocannon

Scions - X points
2x Melta
2x Plasma

also, the "new meta" is 2000 pts.
>>
>>55012906
>non-peach
Seriously, what is with your hate-boner for the guy? Every batrep he posts seems to have a fairly standard list with a big clump of infantry squads.
>>
Am I the only one who forgets to use his own stratagems?
>>
>>55012906
None of those things you listed are actually efficient answers to conscripts. You obviously haven't played against a real tourney player with a top list.
>>
File: 1452101935034.jpg (61KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452101935034.jpg
61KB, 800x600px
Show me your Kitbashes and conversions /40kg/

>>55012821
Yes sir, great fun to kitbash with 40k
>>
>>55012937
Show me which of those top placing IG lists at the BAO ran LRBTs.

Oh. Oh, none of them.
>>
>>55012953
why is it that no one ever takes snipers?
>>
>>55012842

>240+
What? Battle tank with triple heavy bolters falls under 180 points. It's more or less the same cost as before.
>>
>>55012895
Whose the ahegao bitch?
>>55012928
>it's a trap??
>>
>>55012971
Not everyone gets them and all you're doing is fishing for 6's

That's just bad tactics
>>
>>55012971
Because they're too expensive and situational and will never ever actually work against a good player.

Stop theorycrafting and play a real game. Conscript-spam took all 3 top places in a tournament against smart players doing everything they could to counter it for a reason.
>>
>>55012969

>This unit wasn't in a tourney with no established meta yet
>Therefore it must be shit
>>
>>55012906
I put more time into painting and fluff. My friend is the opposite he loves makeing lists god knows forbwhat reason and ai always have a misseravle time. I want to beat his ass so hard.
>>
>>55012906
>no Ork solutions
Not that your others were good ones anyway
>>
>>55012995
i use snipers in my list and they work out pretty well
>>
>>55012906
I know he is a guard fanatic but mordian glory on youtube put it this way "from 7th to 8th guard stayed the same and everyone else changed. That is why guard are good."

To be fair it is not exactly true but it is kind of the case. Now the other factions have to relearn and buy new stuff to deal with the guard.
>>
>>55012988
They seem to work out for me they are a good deep strike screen and they deal with changelings/commissars reliably if you invest enough into them
>>
File: 20170818_014207.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170818_014207.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>55012963
>>
File: 1494811833399.jpg (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494811833399.jpg
88KB, 500x500px
>>55012953
>play against a real tourney player with a top list.
for what purpose
>>
>>55013055
I agree except for the changing of platoons becoming unbound anything goes
>>
When in the hell did Chaos lose Vanitor?
>>
File: imperialguard.jpg (27KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
imperialguard.jpg
27KB, 400x500px
>>55012906
>- aside from a handful of cool (non-peach) anons
Good thing he's not Peach anymore : ^ )
>>
>>55012995
why play tournament lists? Laterally if you want to play for fun then play against someone else.
>>
>>55012906

Sisters with Flamers is all well and good, but obviously the real answer is Arco-flagellants in rhinos.
>>
We might lose again, bring out all soul grinders!
>>
>>55013085
fair enough, I always thought platoons were fine. maybe they will come back with our codex. That and I hope they unfuck the leman russ.
>>
File: IMG_20170822_065059.jpg (67KB, 585x602px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_065059.jpg
67KB, 585x602px
>>55012963
MKIV raptor
>>
>>55012953
Well I have no idea what the tippity toppest tournament says is the best, all I can say is combined imperium kicks the shit out of Guard. I've consistently played against fags bringing upwards of 200 conscripts, and dealt with it fairly easily. After they learned hide HQs I stopped bringing snipers and got fuckloads of Dakka from whatever army I could muster. Aggressors are a real prize, I played with 9 of them and killed like 50 conscripts in one turn, it was awesome. Flamers are generally better I think but in that rare case of a chapter master standing near them standing still, wew lad to the autostorm go.

Leviathan is still the heaviest of hitters of all time, but if they leave Commissars in the open, kill 20 on a few squads and let morale do it for you- but do medium damage on at least two, he's gonna have upwards of 12CP and that morale pass will be used. Conscripts and weapon teams are cheap and spammable, but easy to kill.

>>55012942
I don't, I just find it funny between people's constant, seething outage and his ego. Stirs up shit in already skubby post

>>55013108
God I wanna try this. I've got a game this weekend and 20 Electropriests, and I think it's proxying time

>>55013003
Kwite duh readin' comprehnshun dis git has
>>
>>55013078
It's fine if you avoid WAACfag shittery, but don't come in and give people advice on how to deal with it if you don't actually have experience to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>55013003
>can't read
>talks shit
>>
>>55012606
Yeah i only really recognised them when i saw the hot shot lasgun
>>
>>55013151
he didn't say deal with shitfag tourney list fucknuts, he said average retard guard players army.
>>
>>55013150

If you do it run it as a group of 9 with a priest. Charge with the rhino first after unloading them so that it eats up the conscripts over watch. I did the math, and unless I did it wrong they should theoretically kill almost 30 conscripts on that first charge given average rolls. Haven't had a chance to try them yet, but I loved what Repentia did to my buddies marines, and I'm hoping the new Arco's i'm building will do the same to another friends guard.
>>
>>55013138
I know how to solve the whole conscript issue that never existed until this edition and that solution is for the platoon to get reworked (bringing back the platoon tax which was 1platoon/command squad and 2 guardsmen squads, limiting the conscripts to 1 blob per platoon like it used to be but also making the platoon a single drop in terms of deployment)
Id keep the leman russ the way it is considering itll get a strategem in the dex so its fine.
>>
>>55013108
Sisters with flamer are questionable.
Seraphims work better with Inferno Pistols, maybe if the hand flamer was D6 they could work.
Dominions just give them meltaguns and stick them inside a Repressor. Proceed to remove anything from the table. You could use flamers but why bother? There way better flamer options and the Immolator or Repressor that are ridding on will have a better flamer.
Retribution Heavy Bolter spam that's it. Maybe a squad of Heavy Flamer inside a Repressor... literally why?

So that leave us with Battle Sisters squads. Triple flamer only works in paper or because you only have those models. In all honesty you can have 3 Storm Bolters for the prices of a shitty single flamer. Those 9 and 17 points add up quick.

That said just grab a rhino, priest and stick some arco-flagellants. BS3+ with re-roll to hit 27D3 attacks with a priest and S5 will make short work of almost anything
>>
>>55012963

>>55013164
HELP ME
>>
>>55013229
?
You seem to have a plan are bitching about having to do the work. We can't help you with that
>>
>>55013186
Dude the dude you're replying to is mad at, and my tips have worked pretty well against competitive stuff. I don't know what the most competitive list is down to the letter, but the recipe of 150+ conscripts, a few heavy weapons teams, scion command DSing, and some basilisks with russes/sentinels/wyverns/manticores seems to be the general 'competitive' lineup.

The biggest wrench thrown at me is from fucking GW, I know some tourneys were doing the roll-off first turn but it's total bullshit. Spamming MSU should be a trade off, and if Guard goes first I can say the gloves are off in almost any case- you either hit first or die like a bitch, unless you hide literallt everything
>>
Would it be out of the realm of possibility to just have heresy era colored traitor legion Primaris squads? I mean Crawl has them they are getting out sometime right?
>>
File: Black Legion 2k.png (107KB, 676x2594px) Image search: [Google]
Black Legion 2k.png
107KB, 676x2594px
Thoughts on this list?

Lots of dakka and everyone gets 5+ invuln from Deredeo.
>>
My cousin has 1 Raider, 1 Fire Prism, and 2 Wave Serpents planned for his army. I am going AdMech I think by starting with 2 SC boxes, and my question is this:
Would an Onager Dunecrawler do more damage with a neutron laser or icarus array against his hover tanks?
The other Dunecrawler will have the twin heavy phosphor blaster to slaughter his infantry.
>>
So I finished Shroud of Night... Is GW really doing the 'Alpha Legion are split half into worshipping Chaos and half into helping the Imperium even though they don't realise it'?

Reach is kinda cool. If they have Dark Angels be 50/50 that'd be neat.

My Alpha legion is based on

>When some of them swore, they said 'By the Throne' or 'Throne'
>Somehow Kassar resisted the Daemon Weapon for ages then gave in
>He saw 'Golden Ghosts' coming to him when he was in the beacon room (though he resisted it)
>He saved the beacon
>He was ignored by Celestine and she let him go knowing he was helping in some way
>He died but survived and the blade only seemed to change him a bit, suggesting there was something else there

I mean it's cool, but I don't see GW doing it. Having Alpharius and Omegeon survive and one be one side the other be the other, would be cool.
>>
>>55013150
>and his ego
>HIS ego
Anon....you should explain yourself before you come off as an asshole for no good reason
>>55013229
que
>>
>>55013288
No. It wouldn't. But it'd have to be an OC chapter.
>>
>>55013293
Icarus array FUCKED my DE left right and sideways. Specifically, it was 2 Onagers in Cawl's bubble.
>>
>>55013246
I...dammit, you're right.

I did this to myself.
>>
>>55013298
>He died but survived
Uh......
>>
>>55013293
The only thing you need to know
>Does a thing have the "fly" keyword?
>If yes, icarus
>if no, neutron
>>
>>55013003
Except for that whole part he wrote about the boyz krumpin gitz.
>>
>>55012717
I cannot make any promises since I have neither insider knowledge nor the ability to make GW buff anything.

Pick an army you like the look of and are willing to paint. I picked up daemons in 4th/early 5th because I liked the idea of mass deepstrike and didn't want to go space marines. In 6th daemons lost the ability to deepstrike their entire army, most of their shooting, and became RNG the army. In 8th daemons can't even deepstrike a single fucking model. Don't pick an army based on the rules. Go for aesthetic, go for fluff, and have fun playing. If you're willing to look at unified chaos (CSM + daemons regardless of alignment) you can make a solid list.
>>
>>55013293
>Twin heavy phospor
Don't do that.
>>
>>55013339
Welcome to adulthood
You've peaked and realized the reason your life is the way it is, is because of all the decisions you've made prior to this moment.

Congratulations! Enjoy the slide downhill
>>
>>55013317
>his ego
Well yeah, he's samefagged in conversations and posted as others defending the 'cool, dedicated hobbyist' that has 'great painting skills'.

I don't give a fuck one way or the other, and I though the original batreps are solid, but when he started posting pics of his models all the time and got super butthurt when he asked for advice and got it, I stopped liking him. Just another flavor of namefag stroking an ego
>>
>>55013344
Yeah. Kassar got his arm chopped off and his chest carved open by Kharn. But the somebody talks to him and offers him a choice, 'let him in' and he can save his brothers. So he did. It's not mentioned who he let in to rez him. It's implied the sword, but it might have been the Emperor.

The hint it's the sword is that later on he kills somebody with it and he can taste the blood through the blade and gives him pleasure (it's a Slaanesh blade). But the hint that it's the Emperor is that the blade is suppose to corrupt you completely.
>>
>>55013364
He has a lot of infantry though. S6 AP-2 and 6 shots would instagib practically everything he has. How is that not good?
>>
>>55013380
As far as I know...none of this ever happened. Can you provide screens because everything Ive ever seen paints both him and GGA as pretty chill dudes. Hes never falunted his "painting skills" either. In fact hes admitted to cutting corners on his infantry many times to the point that hes going back over them now.

Are you sure youre not thinking of another anon?
>>
>>55012941

Better?

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP [50 PL, 921pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commissar Yarrick [7 PL, 130pts]

Company Commander [3 PL, 30pts]:
Chainsword, Plasma Pistol

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 67pts]
5x Guardsman
Flamer
Vox-caster
Autocannon

5x Guardsman
Flamer
Vox-caster
Autocannon

Militarum Tempestus Scions [6 PL, 134pts]
5x Scion: 5x Hot-shot Lasgun
2x Melta
2x Plasma
Tempestor: Chainsword, Hot-shot Laspistol

+ Elites +

Veterans [6 PL, 97pts]
6x Veteran w/ Lasgun
Heavy flamer
Lascannon

Veterans [6 PL, 97pts]
6x Veteran w/ Lasgun
Heavy flamer
Lascannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chimera [5 PL, 93pts]:
Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser

Chimera [5 PL, 93pts]:
Heavy Bolter, Multi-laser

Taurox Prime [6 PL, 108pts]:
Taurox Gatling Cannon, Two Autocannons

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP [66 PL, 10178pts] ++

+ HQ +

Knight Commander Pask [14 PL, 247pts]:
Lascannon, Plasma Cannons, Punisher Gatling Cannon

Primaris Psyker [2 PL, 40pts]:
Force Stave, Gaze of the Emperor, Psychic Barrier

+ Elites +

Platoon Commander [2 PL, 21pts]:
Boltgun, Chainsword

Platoon Commander [2 PL, 21pts]:
Boltgun, Chainsword

+ Heavy Support +

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [11 PL, 162pts]
Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [11 PL, 162pts]
Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Demolishers [12 PL, 223pts]
Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamers, Turret-mounted Demolisher Siege Cannon

Leman Russ Demolishers [12 PL, 202pts]
Lascannon, Plasma Cannons, Turret-mounted Executioner Plasma Cannon

++ Total: [116 PL, 1999pts] ++
>>
What do the necrons have that are good for killing vehicles?
>>
In cc the gaurd getting slaughtered. Oh i have the leave the fucking cc rule. Leaves. Shoots up my shit deamon prince dies.

Gaurd working as intended
>>
>>55011691
>tfw sold 7000+ points of orks for 350 because they changed wound allocation and my power klaw nob kept getting sniped out of crowds.
>tfw choose your own wounds is back
I like my thousand sons, but Bad Moonz were my first love.
>>
File: heldrake conv.jpg (233KB, 882x838px) Image search: [Google]
heldrake conv.jpg
233KB, 882x838px
>>55012963
Based on Arachnarok Spider.
Used as a Nurgle Heldrake.
>>
>>55013380
Im inclined to believe you've mistaken him for another anon, maybe the Steel Legion one? Like I'm not seeing it bro, especially when any time he's brought up he's being shit on, ironically or not.
>>
>>55013464
Ahhh
It's kinda cute
>>
>>55013425
Heavy Destroyers have lascannons basically. Triarch Stalkers have a 2 shot meltagun.
>>
>>55013293
6 dakka kastelans anon. Its the way forward. 110 per robo and 108 S6 AP-2 a turn from second turn with 54 on the first. Its pretty horrifying and while expensive, it deletes units like you wouldn't believe, even on the overwatch
>>
>>55013380
>Just another flavor of namefag stroking an ego
WE gave him that name. He never refers to himself as it. Its just all memes at this point.

Are you real?
>>
File: rprz5.webm (1000KB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
rprz5.webm
1000KB, 404x720px
>>55012963
I've since added a few small details to make the cardboard less apparent and have primed it.
>>
File: ndp_wip_02.jpg (301KB, 936x979px) Image search: [Google]
ndp_wip_02.jpg
301KB, 936x979px
>>55012963
Daemon Prince of Nurgle
>>
>>55012971
Non-IG snipers are stupidly overpriced and snipers in general are not very strong. Eldar snipers are 20ppm for a single BS3 shot and have a 6+ save.

You would need 200 points' worth firing for 2 turns to kill a commissar. The commissar + the blob comes in at less than the cost of killing the commissar and now you're 200 points down in units that can actually DPS and force the fucking morale checks in the first place.

It gets worse when you look at sniping other armies' characters. I'd have to fire all game with that squad of snipers at a single space marine captain to kill them. Or I'd need literally 1000points of snipers to kill them in one turn.

Ratlings, Vindicare (non mortal shots ignore ++ saves), and culexus are the best snipers I've seen so far.
>>
>>55013492
sweet!
Excellent idea!
>>
>>55013481
>2 shot meltagun
I'm totally new, is that the twin heavy gauss or the heat ray?
>>
>>55013494
Fucking brutal. Wish i was good with greenstuff.
>>
>>55013494
that's all kinds of awesome
>>
>>55013425
You got heavy destroyers but they're 225 points for 3 lascannon shots. Not that great.

Triarch stalker with either 2 lascannon shots or 2 meltagun shots. The cheapest you can get this shit is 171 points. Again, kinda shit.

You have the Doomsday Ark with a d3 shot cannon that his like a truck but most of the times it will fail you and it's 203 points.

Finally you have the Doom scythe which again is only d3 shots and you'll be hitting on 4's for 220 points. Really shit.

It's all shit man and it sucks.
>>
>>55013533
Heat Ray, and it's also a heavy flamer.
>For close encounters
>>
>>55013413
No proof on smaefagging, but fuck yeah on the painting stuff. He posted the same damn picture of 'my WIP dudes please give advice', and anytime anyone did he was whiny about how it was bad advice, wasn't what he wanted, looked dumb, etc.

As I said, I don't care, but I don't care for the guy just as much as I don't care for the people being dicks to him. His batrep stuff was okay, but I want more mechanicus, vostroyan and vallhalan posters. They're all pretty chill, if a bit autistic
>>
File: 102_5366.jpg (456KB, 1220x730px) Image search: [Google]
102_5366.jpg
456KB, 1220x730px
Three more Meganob kit bashes.
>>
>>55013495
the reason why rangers are so expensive is because they get plus 2 in cover with a 5 up save that -1 to hit with deep striking
I would still take 2 squads of 5
same for death marks they are also 20 points
but are toughness 4 3+ saves can deep strike
with rapid fire sniper rifles during either players turn and still keep RP
would take a squad of ten

point is they start making a difference when you put in the points
don't make an army out of them but don't think that 100 points worth of snipers will make a character disappear in one turn
even the vindicare assassin cant do it reliably and hes a 90point model
>>
>>55013483
So that's why you don't do the blaster on the Dunecrawler, S6 AP-2 is available on other units.
>>
>>55013608
Okay then yeah Ive got to say you're thinking of someone else. We've seen updates from him and hes taking every bit of advice we can give to make his dudes look better. Doesnt fit your description. Unless youre thinking of him trying to explain how his LGS has shitty lighting and his stuff isnt actually Peach?
Sounds like some Guardanon gave you a bad time though and Id like to apologize on behalf of all of us.
>>
Why are waac fags so insufferable. This one guy at my FLGS who I won't play with anymore, will literally get out string to measure close shots and deny you gimmes. I'm talking like 1/16th of an inch because "This game is a game of inches" but then he doesn't measure each unit for the charge and just slams all of his nids into you even if that half of the group is clearly outside of the value he rolls because "it saves time" not to mention his shaky ass hands that knock models everywhere.
Why.
>>
>>55013401
Fuck I forgot twin changed in 8th, yeah it's a pretty good option.
>>
File: 20170819_222210.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170819_222210.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>55012963

Saved some Blood Angels from a kid, but I play chaos...so...."noise marines".
>>
>>55013414
Not him but here's an example

Infantry Squad x5 - Flamer, Vox-caster, Autocannon - 67

This line is both clear and concise.

I don't need to know that your mandatory sergeant has his mandatory laspistol or that your LRBT has a battle cannon. Those are stock. Tell me what unit it is, how many models there are, what if any upgrade you took, and how many points it cost. Don't list PL unless you're using power level or planning on using daemonic summoning to bring the unit in.

Additionally, the amount of points (ie 921) in a detachment doesn't really tell me anything. If you're using it to subtotal i'd recommend putting it at the bottom.
>>
>>55013414

Change:
5x Guardsman
Flamer
Vox-caster
Autocannon

To:
Infantry Squad (67 points)
Flamer
Vox
Autocannon

That wasn't so hard was it?
>>
>>55013671
spoopy
>>
>>55013666
lol if hes desperate for the win just agree and get it over with after the game ends its up to you whether you play him again except for tornament play and if your playing tournaments then you knew what you were getting your self into
>>
File: praise jesus.jpg (106KB, 528x677px) Image search: [Google]
praise jesus.jpg
106KB, 528x677px
>>55013666
>losing to nids

get fucked satan, buy more gargoyles
>>
File: 1499936882473.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1499936882473.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>55012963
Iron Priest, not that much work involved but still happy with how it turned out
>>
>>55013670
Another anon mentioned the robots have massive amounts of S6 AP-2 so now I'm not sure if a neutron laser makes more sense in the long run.
>>
>>55013588
Can Annihilation Barge or Gauss Blaster Immortals be decent?
>>
This whole games has been me pissed off at this gaurdsmen chesse bullsgit why can they just leave cc ffs.
>>
>>55013711
immortals are viable if supported but expect them to get targeted quickly
>>
>>55013671
Holy shit that's metal as fuck
>>
>>55013709
moldlines were removed after this photo was taken forgot to add
>>
>>55013464
Wait, I heard about this on a podcast. Are you that dude from Independent Characters?
>>
>>55013666

Satanic trips prove waacfags really are the worst.
What I do is say "I have to insist that you check your entire unit is within attacking range after piling in."
Subtly pressure them like this 3/4 times until they get the message.
>>
>>55013710
Well you can have the 2 heavy stubs with a neutron, so it gives you a bit of flexibility. But robots are ridiculous when shooty. Put them near Cawl for added bonus.
>>
>>55013709
That's a cool pose
>>
>>55013718
Just dont play against horde armies?
I played against jeen stealer cult with their 10 point pure strains and it was crazy
i lost every unit i had except for one tarux prime
but even then i still had one hell of a game
>>
File: imperialguard lastmeal.jpg (59KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
imperialguard lastmeal.jpg
59KB, 800x550px
>>55013733
>trips of the prince of lies
>proving anything

what did retard anon mean by this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
>>
>>55013684
>>55013683

++ Battalion Detachment ++

+ HQ +

Commissar Yarrick 130pts

Company Commander 30pts
Plasma Pistol

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad 67pts
Flamer
Vox-caster
Autocannon

Infantry Squad 67pts
Flamer
Vox-caster
Autocannon

Militarum Tempestus Scions 134pts
2x Melta
2x Plasma

+ Elites +

Veterans 97pts
Heavy flamer
Lascannon

Veterans 97pts
Heavy flamer
Lascannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chimera 93pts

Chimera 93pts

Taurox Prime 108pts
Taurox Gatling Cannon, Two Autocannons

Spearhead Detachment

+ HQ +

Knight Commander Pask 247pts
Lascannon, Plasma Cannons, Punisher Gatling Cannon

Primaris Psyker 40pts
Gaze of the Emperor, Psychic Barrier

+ Elites +

Platoon Commander 21pts
Boltgun

Platoon Commander 21pts
Boltgun

+ Heavy Support +

Leman Russ Battle Tank 162pts
Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Battle Tank 62pts
Heavy Bolter

Leman Russ Demolisher 223pts
Heavy Flamer, Heavy Flamers

Leman Russ Executioner 202pts
Lascannon, Plasma Cannons

Total: 1999pts 7cp

Sorry for mucking up the thread. It wont let me delete them either. Maybe a friendly janny would help?
>>
>>55013696
I don't play him anymore because it's antifun. And I stay pretty far away from the tournament scene. It's a game where we play pretend army men. There's such a lack of precision in 40k. Models get bumped, sit awkwardly on terrain, overlap bases whatever. Someone modeled their Sergeant on a 2 inch rock so now you can see his fist over the terrain? Fuck it. He's got cover and is out of LOS.
>>
So back before 8th edition when rumors were initially coming out about Magnus, new rubric marines, death guard, etc, what were some of the other things that were being rumored? Basically, do any sources that ended up being verified still contain yet-unseen content?
>>
>>55013762
I love vets in chimeras ever since 5h ed
it still works but i recommend trying the chimeras with double flamers it makes their damage more supportive for anti tank vets
>>
>>55013728
Can't say that I am.
I'm definitely not the only one out there who used this kit to build a giant blight drone heldrake.
>>
>>55013710
Neutron laser anon. Wrecks up the big units, kastelans rape them and everything else
>>
>>55013765
yeah at that point he will either straighten out for the sake of having someone who will want to play him or he will eventually get cheesed on till he gets super salty
just enjoy the hobby with regulars at the store and itll work out
>>
>>55013292
you can take veil or havoc launcher not both.
>>
File: 1499620147271.jpg (117KB, 746x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499620147271.jpg
117KB, 746x768px
Anyone have the audiobook for the Perturabo Primarch book? I'd like to listen to it while I paint.
>>
Have they already clarified if you can throw melta bombs at anyone?
>>
File: 1502305827506.webm (2MB, 240x427px) Image search: [Google]
1502305827506.webm
2MB, 240x427px
>>55013781

special weapons squads also work since you can now put 2 of them inside 1 chimera. They aren't BS 3+, but they are cheaper and you get more plasma/melta per vehicle.
>>
>>55013866
Im sure you can
>>
>>55013871
But at the cost of having 7 bodies take the pain for your special weapons
What you say is the superior tactic just know the casualties will be harder
>>
>>55013858
>perty can't count
>>
>>55011498
Shut up /pol/, you wouldn't have said anything if it were Shillary
>>
>>55013891
But at the cost of not*
>>
>>55013649
Rangers get an additional +1 in cover for a total of +2 and if you would like to know the value of cover in general this edition just ask what people think of the IF or IW chapter tactics.

The point remains that your 200 point squad(s) are unlikely to meaningfully impact the battlefield when you could instead be bringing a hemlock, a squad of dark reapers, or a squad of wraithguard for a similar cost each of which will actually impact your opponent.

I've already done the math for you
each sniper does 0.11 mortal wounds per turn assuming they stand still. If we factor in normal wounds you might bring yourself up to 0.16 wounds per turn and kill a SM captain on turn 4 or 5. That's assuming your opponent doesn't just put them behind a rhino, LOS blocking terrain, or finds themselves in combat.

A 200 unit that will maybe kill one model on turn 4/5 is not worth taking when better options exist that will simply kill everything around the unit. If you're using them to kill commissars remember that you still have to have a way to kill the blob once you deal with the commissar and snipers can't help with that.

A cheaper squad of dark reapers can kill tanks, hose down infantry (enough to force a commissar execution/turn at that) and shoot fliers.

Dark Reapers also get a 2+ save in cover which is leagues better than a 4+ even with -1 to hit.
>>
>>55013879
You couldn't before, and the time I got to skim over the weapons rules I didn't see anything about it.
>>
Are there any Necron type 3rd party heads/bits? I was thinking of mixing some Necron warrior bits with Skitarii as Hereteks who found a defunct tomb world and are using tech from it to augment their own cybernetics, so I want to find some Pariah style heads to use for the squad leaders. Maybe a head swap for the Electro priests as well, make them look like an attempt to recreate Necron resurrection. Oh, and Kataphrons on Destroyer platforms could work too.
>>
Does anyone else play a certain army as just an extension of their own self image? Or am I just a giant faggot. (I play orks, but I also don't screen WAAAGH at any game.Ever)
>>
File: IMG_4413.jpg (87KB, 736x741px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4413.jpg
87KB, 736x741px
>>55013757
>>
>>55011650
>Dose Terminators
All of my boners.
>>
File: Ork Freebooter.jpg (160KB, 900x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Ork Freebooter.jpg
160KB, 900x1065px
>>55013945
you zogging grot
>>
>>55013945
Your self image is of a hunched green ape with a cockney accent and an inability to handle confrontation without physical violence?
>>
>>55013945
I play Eldar because I'm the best.
>>
>>55013945
>an extension of their own self image
>orks

are you a raging faggot with anger issues?.
>>
File: 1490545613086.png (1MB, 756x755px) Image search: [Google]
1490545613086.png
1MB, 756x755px
How the fuck do you people actually start playing this game? A friend told me to look into playing so I've been reading the wiki and looking at models and watching videos and shit for the last 3 months and I still can't pick an army.

How did you guys decide on what you wanted to play when you finally did and how long did it take you?
>>
>>55013945
i play iron hands because i'm an angry dude who likes mechanical stuff
>>
>>55014042
If everything is equal, assign a number to them and roll a dice. If you don't like the result you got, remove it from the options and roll again until you 100% like your choice or you only have 1 left.

I like Ad Mech due to designs and some of their fluff. I like Blood Angels fluff. I like lots of the games models and fluff. You can always switch armies. A Start Collecting box is a good way to start. Finish that up and so on.
>>
File: Capture.png (682KB, 1625x850px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
682KB, 1625x850px
>>55013917
you mean a 3+ with -1 to hit
i disagree when you have too deal with changelings or deamon princes shifting their wounded to the middle of blobs snipers can make all the difference
even if they don't fire a single shot they would have distracted your opponent because as far as I can tell no opponent has ever ignored snipers in all the games i have played which also means their doing their job
In terms of dark reapers being better i agree that they are better but i wouldn't want to make a whole army of them
if you cant afford both i would go with the dark reapers due to their always 3+ hit versitility
>>
>>55014039
>>55013988
>>55013985
No, more of I am an easy going, light hearted person, more out to have fun than be super serious.
>>
>>55014086
So what you're saying is....yous a git?
>>
>>55014042
Most armies are too specialized, chaos has a lot of variety between tanks, robots, monsters, magic, and elite troops and are good at both shooting and melee. It wasn't that hard of a decision.
>>
File: PUSH DA RED BUTTON.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
PUSH DA RED BUTTON.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>55014086
DATS A GIT RITE THER
>>
>>55014042
If you're stuck for an army it's easy.

First, unless you are a complete waac fag and need the most FOTM army disregard any armies you don't like the look of.

Then disregard any armies that you think the fluff sucks for.

Next compile a list of all the armies you think you might want to play or paint up.

The list is still pretty big at this point so next we're going to look outside ourselves. What is your friend playing? What is your potential playgroup playing? A lot of people are going to prefer to gap-fill over copying existing armies, especially in small metas (ie you and your friend are only playing each other)

Next I like to look a little at mechanics, does the army play like garbage? I know I don't want to field a zillion useless models like ork boyz were in 7th so that knocks them right out. Remember that mechanics can change though, that's why it's not higher on the list.

You should be left with a relatively simple list. If money is a concern here's where you start looking for the army from your list with the best ebay deal.

If at any point you reach a list size of 0, back up and broaden your scope a little. I'd recommend ignoring the question of what other people are playing first and foremost if you run into this issue.
>>
>>55014042
I just chose based on which models I liked the most. I narrowed it down to my favorite three, and then just read up on lore, paint schemes, playstyles and how good they were on the table to make my final decision. Like the other anon said, the SC boxes are a good value, however if you're anything like me I'd just get overwhelmed if I suddenly start with something as big as that. When I got into it I just bought one of the troops boxes to start, and then got a SC box if I needed the units.
>>
>>55014042
I picked chaos because I like the look of it being metal as fuck. Best advice is pick an army you like for aesthetics and fluff.
>>
>>55013718
Surround them faggot.
>>
File: 1372819908206.jpg (61KB, 704x519px) Image search: [Google]
1372819908206.jpg
61KB, 704x519px
>>55014086
>more out to have fun

Orks are not for fun! THEY ARE FOR FIGHTING AND WINNING!.
>>
>>55013380
That's called a hateboner. You're singling him out because he has a fun nickname and contributes.

Meanwhile, actually cancerous namefags like Mr. Monobutts still show up and nobody says a word.
>>
File: orks conv.jpg (609KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
orks conv.jpg
609KB, 1280x1280px
Is the AoS Rogue Idol the size of a Deffdread? I'd like it for a conversion to add to this.
>>
>>55014042
>How did you guys decide on what you wanted to play when you finally did and how long did it take you?
Instantly while flipping through the 3rd ed catalogue within a day of learning about the existence of the game.

Get gud you wishy-washy limpwrist faggot. Back in my day everyone knew the army they wanted to play immediately.
>>
>>55014151
>>55014107
>>55014093
Can't tell if I am being insulted or not.
>>
>>55014042
Play Aspect Eldar. It's cool and fluffy and we don't see it enough.

It revolves around different Aspect warrior units that all hyper specialize at one thing so it's like a fun application of using the right tools for the job every time.
>>
>>55014160
I think it might be the size of a knight, it comes with a knight base
>>
>>55014042
At first I fell in love with Sisters of Battle, then realized they were never going to be updated so I jumped to Imperial Guard and then I realized it would take me too long to finish it so after that I finally decided on Black Templars as that was easy to finish and their 4th ed codex was pure awesome.
>>
>>55014160
That's a good question, be kind of meet stand in for a snakebits ork army.
>>
>>55014178
You don't see it because it's fucking terrible.

The main units of an aspect force are Dire Avengers which are probably the least point efficient unit in the game.
>>
>>55014042
I first tried to play static gunline Tau in 3rd/4th since I thought pulse rifles looked rad and vanilla XV8s looked neat. Over ten years later I nutted up and did gunline the right way with Guard.
>>
>>55012206

Nah.
>>
>>55014220
>Dire Avengers which are probably the least point efficient unit in the game.
>fucking eldarfags actually believe this
Jesus christ the delusion.
>>
>>55014220
How bad is worst? Drop a dataslate?
>>
>>55011888
Mine perform better with the carbine.
>>
>>55014042
Started with Necrons cause I found them the most cool back in the day. I just liked them a lot and went with it, also I didn't really know anything about any of the other races. Later on I started SM which are my current main army.
>>
>>55012853
Except for punisher or demolisher with 3 flamers it is.
>>
>>55014243
>>55014248

>17 points for 6 inch more range over 8 point guardians
>>
File: 99560209003_OrcRogueIdol03.jpg (40KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99560209003_OrcRogueIdol03.jpg
40KB, 600x620px
>>55014160
Looks close to the same size to me. Nice snakebite army. How well did you place for armies on parade? Why the fuck did the chaos player behind you enter if all their stuff is at most primed?
>>
>>55014243
Shitiest unit in the game is the death jester.
>>
>>55014295
I popped 4 genestealers with one shot using a Death Jester.
>>
File: 4685064-4451384-9545587070-41115.jpg (176KB, 938x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4685064-4451384-9545587070-41115.jpg
176KB, 938x1024px
I'm this faggot >>55014042

The problem is, fluff wise I'm a big fan of AdMech and Nurgle, and Slaanesh a little but they seem a bit much.
If I played Nurgle I would want to play strictly Nurgle Daemons (Not Death Guard) which I think are supposed to be shit right now. AdMech seem hard as fuck to paint and also are apparently not that good.
>>
>>55014316
Not really an accomplishment anymore. King Nigger Jew solo'd five the other night.
>>
>>55014295
>Rolls bad = Units bad
>>
>>55014330
........henry kissinger killed five gene stealers by himeslf?
>>
>>55014316
Your opponent won that exchange since it required you to be running a death jester.
>>
>>55013671
I am both confused an aroused.
>>
>>55014178
That's basically eldar in general this edition. The only roadbump is when you realise a) you need wave serpents to get most aspects into the fight, and b) many aspects don't actually do their job very well.

>>55014220
Hawks, Banshees, and Scorpions are also bad at their role. Fire Dragons, Dark Reapers, Crimson Hunters, and shadow spectres are very good at their role. Shining spears, and Warp Spiders are decent at it.

The good thing about DA though is that Guardians are literally just cheaper and worse but more efficient Dire Avengers. Unless you're trying to fill a partially filled wave serpent and dont have space for 10 models you just take Guardians instead.

>>55014243
That is 100% delusion, the point remains that they're terrible for their cost and ineffective both inside and outside their army list.
>>
>>55014346
Being able to jump from building to building really fucks melee units.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-21-08-17-33.jpg (385KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-21-08-17-33.jpg
385KB, 720x1280px
>>55014343
>>
>>55013671
>The fuck is that rattling noise?
>>
>>55014042
Look at the models.

Any model that makes you go "wow, awesome!" put that army in a pile.

If your pile is larger than 1, consider how competitive your meta is. If it's very competitive, pick the deadliest army in your pile. If it's not competitive, pick the army with the most OG cred in your pile.
>>
>>55014394
>"They're raping him! And then they're gonna rape me! Oh my goooooooood!"
>>
>>55013492
Excellent idea! Looks good, too.
>>
What good is a captain in gravis armor ?
>>
>>55014455
Lasgun practice
>>
>>55014455
He won't look out of place with Aggressors. Also a Salamanders Gravis Captain is hard to kill.
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (58KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
58KB, 604x453px
>>55011650
>>
Best Allies for Custodes?
>>
File: P7tqVc0.jpg (113KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
P7tqVc0.jpg
113KB, 672x372px
>>55014320
Bump. I've already narrowed it down this much now it's just a pain in the ass deciding.

>AdMech
>Mono-Nurgle w/ no CSM
>Mono-Slaanesh w/ no CSM
>>
>>55013494
I would be legit wow'd and worried if I saw that on the table. Looks absolutely badass, love the glaive, too.

>>55013671
Clickety Clack, no falling back! I like the chains, absolvtely kvlt.

>>55014042
It's a multi-tiered hobby, so your best bet is to pick an army that resonates with you. This can be because of their lore, how cool you think the models look, or what you like in general. Like, my first army was Tyranids because I've always liked stuff like Xenomorphs, The Brood, Zerg for their unstoppable force of nature type thing, and I thought they looked dope. Moved over to Chaos because... well, they're metal as fuck and I always liked playing the bad guys. Almost went Necrons but I didn't like the models as much as Chaos, so there. Think about things that look like ones you'd want to put together, paint, and roll dice for. In retrospect I feel like I SHOULD have gone Necrons because their models are less detailed than Chaos and therefore easier to paint, but I'm lazy (and the chaos models are awesome, so I'm glad). >>55014320
Keep in mind that editions change and models persist longer than rules. It's all for fun, so if you like Nurgle Daemons or Ad Mech, roll with them.
>>
>>55014570

Well I play admech. We aren't that bad to paint honestly, and "shit" is relative. We do well enough I think, and we'll be getting our codex soonish, which will hopefully prop us up a bit.

Mono deamons is difficult to run, or so I've been told. Maybe daemons and some cultists and sorcerers?
>>
>>55014570
Admech.

Best models, best lore, and will be incredibly viable once the Codex comes out.
>>
>>55014592
>editions change and models persist longer than rules

I suppose this is true huh. I really just need to buckle down and look at what I'd really want to paint and enjoy looking at. Thanks m8
>>
>>55014042
I picked Orks. Cause Orks iz best.

This was in 7th. The learning curve was steep.
>>
Are the best models to convert into SoB right now the Sisters of Silence kit? I've had a look and they seem decent, but I have no idea how I'd give them weapon options that aren't what they come with in the box.
>>
>>55014549
Ultramarines so you can take rowboat and get reroll 12"

basically every army needs rowboat now
>>
Fresh from a /wip/ thread.
>>
File: louise.jpg (300KB, 1280x727px) Image search: [Google]
louise.jpg
300KB, 1280x727px
>>55014290
That's not my army, sadly. It's a woman called Louise Sugden or something, she does neat artwork. Thanks for the size though.

>>55014195
Yeah that's what I was thinking.

>>55014181
If so that sucks as it can't really be a Gorkanaut due to no guns.
>>
>$8 for a pot of paint the size of my thumbnail
W E W
>>
>>55013370
>tfw you still haven't gotten over realizing that fact
It's been a long 4 years...
>>
Suggestions on how to kit out skitarii start collecting?

I'm thinking

-dominus
-vulkite blaster
-phosphor serpenta

-5 rangers
--Transuranic arquebus
-omnispex

-5 vanguard
--Plasma caliver
-taser goad
-arc pistol

-onagher
-neutron laser&cognis heavy stubber
-cognis heavy stubber

also, if a model has a pistol and a regular gun (say boltgun and bolt pistol) and both are in range, can they shoot both guns? I thought the rules were a model could shoot all the guns it says it has, but an opponent disputed it.
>>
>>55014570

Mono God Daemon lists have always had major problems fighting competitive lists. With CSM added it becomes much more manageable.

Among those three options I'd say go with AdMech. They'll have a codex soon and that will put them in a good spot.

If you're willing to mix marines in with your daemons then chaos offers a ton of options for your lists. Personally I started as a Mono Khorne player and have enjoyed Chaos enough to expand into the other gods, as well as marines/renegages to support them.
>>
>swarm box seems best value
>if I bought that many models in one go I'd just get burnt out
Damn
>>
>>55014039
Orks aren't angry, they're enthusiastic.
>>
>>55014730
Don't assemble them all at once.
>>
>>55014730
They're not currently in production. The amount of swarm boxes in existence is finite. By now or regret later.

Shame they give you gargoyles though.
>>
>>55013945

I suppose something could be said about my strong religious beliefs and the fact that I'm building Ministorum at the moment, but I haven't thought of it that way no.
>>
>>55014160
Your army is everything positive about this hobby.
On a board normally so full of shit it almost breaks my heart.
>>
>>55014725
This makes me think of a good point in that you'll probably want to branch out to other armies at some point. A bonus of Daemons/Chaos is that their armies are designed to work in tandem with each other and you can branch off pretty easily without having a strict dichotomy (I couldn't incorporate my Tyranids into my Death Guard and I kinda hit an impasse when I had to decide which to bolster, whereas if I was CSM/Daemons they'd complement each other). Just food for thought, I don't know enough about other factions and how they incorporate to know if that's a shared trait, though.
>>
>>55014681
Could it be "Roboute Guilliman", who has picked up a gold painting, banana hat and guardian spear on the way?
>>
>>55014730

I bought 1 and I want another. I need 86 of each gaunt in my life
>>
>>55011947
decently so, the helmet is a separate piece from the belt so you can totally put his helmet on
>>
>>55014795
Thursday is my FLGS 40k night

I find it hilarious that there are no less than 3 G-men all fighting each night, sometimes against one another
>>
>>55013945
I play Tyranids. I don't know what that means, someone else can think about that for me.
>>
>>55014819
That is horrible
but funny
>>
>>55014829
You're just hungry, dude.
>>
>>55014786
I'll have to break your heart and confirm it's not mine, but it's what I'm currently using as a basis of building mine, which is why I wanted to know the Rogue Idol size to add to it. Sorry anon. That picture is Louise Sudgens work.
>>
>>55014674
Anyone?
>>
>>55014819
>>55014837
This is why new Loyalist Primarch models are basically confirmed.
>>
what's the best way to handle mobile armies as World Eaters?
>>
>>55014709
You can shoot all the guns you have, just point to the rules if someone argues.
>>
File: nurgle_by_baklaher-dai9ufu.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nurgle_by_baklaher-dai9ufu.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>55014617
>We aren't that bad to paint honestly
As a new painter I feel like it'd at least be a good idea to practice before trying to take on AdMech models, they seem much harder than say Necron for example. Do you know how the difficulty compares to something easier?

>>55014725
I feel as if I was Nurgle Daemon and wanted to add CSM I might as well have just started Death Guard. That said, >>55014787
if I were to want to branch out it would be much easier to go from Nurgle Daemons to Death Guard and I would save at least some money on paints and models.

What about other god's sub-armies (Tsons, EC, etc.), are they worth trying before their Codex comes out? There's not much at all about EC in the Index whereas Tsons has about as much as Death Guard, and I know Death Guard's Codex is dropping soon.
>>
File: crabSpawn.jpg (1MB, 2653x2949px) Image search: [Google]
crabSpawn.jpg
1MB, 2653x2949px
>>55012963
I really need to take some updated pictures of my whole army
>>
File: JustNow.png (109KB, 298x396px) Image search: [Google]
JustNow.png
109KB, 298x396px
>>55014773
Not that guy, but looks 'in production' to me.
>>
>>55014685
I'm not used to attractive people, let alone women, being in this hobby. I wish I could see all the neckbeards (like myself) trying to approach her at a tournament.
>>
>>55014773
They restock it regularly.
>>
>>55014898

No Idea. I started with Admech.
>>
File: yes.jpg (224KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
224KB, 1280x720px
Has the fluff stated whether or not Dorn is in charge of the Custodes, and furthermore will oppose Guilliman's current mad bid for political power in an attempt to have more power than the Emperor had while he was alive? Girlyman fagboys need not reply.
>>
>>55014942
This is american right?
>>
>>55014980
He's still busy being dead.
>>
>>55014984
>Burgers in Affirmation
>>
>>55014980
>Has the fluff stated whether or not Dorn is in charge of the Custodes

In 40k? No, in 30k he's the Emperor's bodyguard but he isnt in charge of the custodes.
>>
>>55014990
Missing a hand =! dead
>>
>>55015008
Ok, still busy faking his dead then.
>>
File: IMG_4682.jpg (118KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4682.jpg
118KB, 768x576px
How do you like my adeptus mechanicus army fluff, /tg/?
>forge world is a moon orbiting an earth-like planet
>people living on the planet below kept purposely ignorant to the outside galaxy by the ruling tech-priesthood
>roughly medieval European society on the planet
>tech priests regarded as wraiths or spectres because...
>in times where it's predicted that there will be many deaths (plague, famine, etc. harsh winter but not war time) the tech priests and their skitarii will come down to the planet, abduct a number of the population to mitigate losses and lobotomize them, inducting them into their skitarii
>civilizations becoming too technologically advanced are also culled in this way and any great minds are given the opportunity to join the ranks of the tech-priesthood or be lobotomized
>remnants of the personalities of the lobotomized infantry and converted priests tends to bleed over into the rest of the collective to the point that they tend to mirror the feudal societies in aesthetic at least

Basically just an excuse to make a more medieval themed skitarii army.
>>
>>55015023
Okay. Good.
>>
>>55014951
And then she still goes home with Chad Thundercuck, who doesn't even play ' with toys'
>>
>>55014980
No. None of the other Primarchs are confirmed to be alive or active. At best you have Logan seeing Russ in Warzone Fenris, an Unknown Sender talking about The Angel, rumours that the next loyalist releases are Dark Angels (and Lion) and so on.
>>
>>55015057
I thought the plot was moving forward for 8e.
>>
Hey guys I have a question about battle-forged. I can't find in the rulebook where it says what the faction restriction is on an army, but it says that detachments must all share the same keyword. So can an army be battleforged if one detachment is <Astartes> and the other is <Astra Militarum> since they both have the <Imperium> keyword or do both detachments have to be <Imperium> and lose their special rules?
>>
>>55013945
I play thousand sons because I'm dead inside
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (117KB, 895x835px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
117KB, 895x835px
>>55015008
>>55015023
Just realized if/when they bring Dorn back. His hand is going to be a fucking Buster Cannon
>>
>>55013206
I have said that before as well. forcing people to take 100 points of extra models to take 150 points of conscripts would severely limit the number that they could spam.
>>
>>55015076
It is but you asked if there is any fluff and there isn't.
>>
>>55014685
Fuck I'd smash that

Which cunt-ry is this in?
>>
>>55015121
Don't cloud the issue with facts.
>>
>>55015123
UK, specifically Scotland.
>>
>>55014984
Yeah. Anyways, what is the code for availability? When do I know for sure something's never coming back, and which is simply being re-packaged?

Like Tervigons
>>
>>55015084
They can both be <Imperium>
>>
>>55015098
I hope he is fucked beyond repair and needs to be interred in a dreadnought.
>>
>>55015146
What if the dreadnought still had a hand-cannon that would shoot lemons like Mega Man? I think that would be adorable.
>>
>>55015057
Lion makes the most sense because right now he is just in stasis under the rock.
>>
>>55015167
why would anyone want to wake up from having their lioncock sucked on by his own wod harem?
>>
>>55015057
>>55015167
>see Lion, be confused
>look him up
Are you fucking telling me his name is seriously something as ridiculous as Lion El'Jonson instead of something relatively normal like Lionel Jonson? What kind of fucking language has "lion" mean "lion" in English, while "el" means "of the" and "jonson" means "forest"? I thought it was "of the forest" in a sense, like, the forest's son, so like, Jonson = Forestson.

Fuck. That's so stupid.
>>
>>55014042
I have 8 armies..
>>
>>55011498
>cant ignore something that bothers them
s a l t
>>
>>55015138
Fuck, Every girl I've seen playing here in straya looks horrid, that is when I do see the unicorns they are
>>
>>55015198
He's based on a poet called Lionel Johnson who wrote a poem called 'Dark Angels' which was about his battle with being a homosexual and the fear of being found out. GW took that and made homosexuality into being found out as traitors.

Which is where the 'Dark Angels are gay' meme comes from.
>>
>>55015225
Abos and roos do have that look about them, yes.
>>
>>55015198
>Fuck. That's so stupid.

Welcome to 40k, its so stupid its awesome.

My favorite detail is that his armor has a forest depicted in it, like old roman armors that had battles and victories depicted in them, because he fucking hates the forest and beat the shit out of it.
>>
>>55015038
that sounds pretty cool. what will you add to them to make them more medieval?
>>
>>55015198
Caliban was a forested planet, so he was called The Lion of the Forest. That's literally it. His name is a alteration of a poet called Lionel Johnson. That's all there is too it.
>>
>>55015145
If I make them both <Imperium> don't I lose out on features like Orders since the keyword isn't <Regiment>? I'm assuming you can't get all your keywords at once. I'm sorry I'm just trying to understand.
>>
File: Fiends.jpg (157KB, 937x471px) Image search: [Google]
Fiends.jpg
157KB, 937x471px
Am I reading it right that just for leaving 46 points in your CSM list you can summon this rapehorse on 2+ (on 1 die) each turn that not only moves 14, but also fucks with your opponent?
>>
File: sanguinius, lion and girlyman.jpg (205KB, 800x1122px) Image search: [Google]
sanguinius, lion and girlyman.jpg
205KB, 800x1122px
>>55015245
>posting fan art
>>
>>55015226
Dark Angels are gay because of the gay club closeby the GW headquarters, which was called "The Rock"
>>
>>55015226
>>55015245
So why do some of the Primarchs have blatantly obvious names for what they're associated with like Jaghatai, Sanguinius, and Ferrus fucking Manus, while others like Leman Russ, Roboute Guilliman, and Rogal Dorn don't have any special connotations behind them?
>>
>>55015275
>posting ugly as fuck "I'll give him work because he's a friend of mine" shit
At least check 40kart.ru
>>
>>55015290
http://wh40kart.im *
>>
>>55015277
Nice meme but there never was a pub called that. Again, Lionel Johnson was a poet who wrote a poem called Dark Angels about him being secretly gay. The 'Rock' is unsubstantiated and is less important than the person he was based on.
>>
>>55015280
Because the setting was cheesy as hell and 40k came before 39k. Most of the traitor legions got Saturday morning cartoon villain treatment.
>>
>>55015198
you kind of answered your own question to a degree
>>
>>55015305
You fail to give proof, just as I did. We can at least agree that the dark angels like it in the butt.
>>
>>55015340
>Through dick, unity
>>
>>55015275
There is so much wrong with this art I don't know where to start ... Maybe we should report the artist to an Inquisitor.
>>
File: notstraighttraitor.jpg (351KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
notstraighttraitor.jpg
351KB, 894x894px
>>55015198
>tfw realize your primarch is a gay poet
>>
>>55015340
Provide proof? For what? Bar doesn't exist, mate. 1d4chan is wrong.

As for poet

DARK Angel, with thine aching lust
To rid the world of penitence:
Malicious Angel, who still dost
My soul such subtile violence!

Because of thee, no thought, no thing,
Abides for me undesecrate:
Dark Angel, ever on the wing,
Who never reachest me too late!

When music sounds, then changest thou
Its silvery to a sultry fire:
Nor will thine envious heart allow
Delight untortured by desire.

Through thee, the gracious Muses turn,
To Furies, O mine Enemy!
And all the things of beauty burn
With flames of evil ecstasy.

Because of thee, the land of dreams
Becomes a gathering place of fears:
Until tormented slumber seems
One vehemence of useless tears.

When sunlight glows upon the flowers,
Or ripples down the dancing sea:
Thou, with thy troop of passionate powers,
Beleaguerest, bewilderest, me.

Within the breath of autumn woods,
Within the winter silences:
Thy venomous spirit stirs and broods,
O Master of impieties!

The ardour of red flame is thine,
And thine the steely soul of ice:
Thou poisonest the fair design
Of nature, with unfair device.

Apples of ashes, golden bright;
Waters of bitterness, how sweet!
O banquet of a foul delight,
Prepared by thee, dark Paraclete!

Thou art the whisper in the gloom,
The hinting tone, the haunting laugh:
Thou art the adorner of my tomb,
The minstrel of mine epitaph.

I fight thee, in the Holy Name!
Yet, what thou dost, is what God saith:
Tempter! should I escape thy flame,
Thou wilt have helped my soul from Death:

The second Death, that never dies,
That cannot die, when time is dead:
Live Death, wherein the lost soul cries,
Eternally uncomforted.

Dark Angel, with thine aching lust!
Of two defeats, of two despairs:
Less dread, a change to drifting dust,
Than thine eternity of cares.

Do what thou wilt, thou shalt not so,
Dark Angel! triumph over me:
Lonely, unto the Lone I go;
Divine, to the Divinity.
>>
File: hoplites.jpg (74KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
hoplites.jpg
74KB, 600x620px
>>55015249
>shields/swords slung across most skitarii, fielding a lot of sword&board skitarii and using the secutarii hoplite rules for them.
>putting crests or celtic knots anywhere i can.
>whenever possible tone down the over-the-top techiness like in that cawl conversion i posted earlier (which i intend to steal almost entirely minus the roots growing out of him)

It's a tough one and i've only just started so if you have any ideas, I'm all ears.
>>
>>55015374
>You have to proof yourself as utterly loyal before you're allowed to enter the 'Inner Circle'
>>
>>55015384
Hah. Gay.
>>
>>55015249
oh and also basing them along with cobblestone ruins like old castle ruins.
>>
File: emperors-children-sorceror-horz.jpg (51KB, 600x371px) Image search: [Google]
emperors-children-sorceror-horz.jpg
51KB, 600x371px
Why didn't EC get anything in the Index like Death Guard and TSons did? Have they never had a Codex before? 8th ed newfag. Are they even worth playing before their Codex releases?
>>
>>55014898
Not an Admech painter but they look relatively easy to me imo.
Metal bits are easy as fuck (paint silver, wash with nuln oil) That's like 90% of your army. Robes require a little practice but flat colors with a wash and or a quick edge highlight/drybrush will look fine.

Necrons are obviously the easiest since painting them consists of dipping the model in paint and letting it dry.

Nurgle shit is pretty low-tier too since you just drown the models in delvan mud/nuln oil/ nurgle's rot after basecoating it and call it a day.

Third easiest army to paint is probably space marines but then again I've seen GK and normal marines that look like they were dipped in silver and had one shoulder colored in so i dunno, they might be easier than nurgle.
>>
>>55015384
>Google poet
>see this on Wiki
>"The Dark Angel" also served as one of the influences for the Dark Angels chapter of Space Marines in the Warhammer 40,000 fictional universe. Their Primarch, Lion El'Jonson, is also named after the poet.

WHERE IS THE CITATION REEEEE!
>>
>>55015419
Grey Knights are actually the most easy.

The plastic the models are made of is already grey, don't even need paint :^)
>>
>>55015391
>Bend over, brother. It is time for the ritual, Turning the Wheel Spokes
>>
>>55015226
Oh my, this much about the dangels i never knew. I always just thought they were called gay so much because they are called dark angels and are pretty angsty
>>
>>55015386
>>55015414
sounds pretty good so far. I read somewhere that irl medieval armor was pretty colorful because the paint was necessary to keep the rust off. Maybe look into something like that? It would detract from the grimdark side, but it may boost the medieval side

of course that could have been BS that I read somewhere so do your own research
>>
>>55015415
EC was never announced to have a separate codex like TS and DG. They never had a codex before. YES. Noise Marines are the best troops on the chaos codex.
>>
>>55015415
Apparently they're decently good and can put out a nasty Daemon Prince. Slaanesh and the EC are the only parts of the Chaos faction that remotely interests me, but I won't start them until we get plastic Noise Marines or an update like DG and 1kSons. It'd suck if Khorne gets a 2nd update before EC even get one.
>>
>>55015454
They are canon fags, even Fulgrim cringes
>>
>>55015272
You can't move after being summoned apart from charging. Every single psyker in the game moves more than 3" so you have less than a 50% chance of being a nuisance
>>
File: that's not codex regulation.jpg (187KB, 475x645px) Image search: [Google]
that's not codex regulation.jpg
187KB, 475x645px
>>55015454
>tfw having an "OwO wats dis??" moment over
a Primarch
>>
How do you fit 3 Dark Angel Space Marines on one bar stool?
>>
>>55015504
Turn the stool upside down.
>>
>>55015504
Turn the stool upside-down!
>>
>>55015479
Fulgrim was literally raped into turning traitor in old fluff. Was actually better than 'I respect Horus lol'.
>>
>>55015453
>Asmodai tortures Fallen for information with his 'Rod of Torment'
>>
>>55015512
>>55015513
You're both wrong. One puts the top of the stool into his gaping asshole and then they sit on eachothers dicks and make a Space Marine Homo-totem pole.
>>
>>55015464
I've heard that too! It's a bit of a struggle because I'm juggling the medieval style and trying to make them look like the wraiths that the populace think them to be. I was planning on making them generally gritty and earthy looking... or should i go with bright templar white?
>>
>>55015521
Or the "I am so awesome I give advice to myself with voices in my head ! This is not questionable at all !"
>>
>>55015538
Corvus is not pleased with your cultural appropriation.
>>
>>55015550
Corax is literally Japanese ninjas. Read their Forge World HH books. They're all recruited from the Asian bustbowls. They all work in a PoW camp essentially. Corax convinces the Emperor not to launch a full invasion of Deliverance. Corax then uses two nukes to nuke two specific cities and force them into surrender.

Raven Guard aren't native Americans.
>>
>>55015548
well you could do two castes with the earth converts being more likely to be painted and the forgeworlders being naturally wraith like, but idk how that would look in practice
>>
File: 1482382596528.jpg (27KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
1482382596528.jpg
27KB, 450x319px
>>55015503
dangels are pretty dumb in most ways
>>
File: BlackLegion.jpg (179KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
BlackLegion.jpg
179KB, 1200x900px
This is literally and unironically the best book to come out of Black Library to date.
>>
>>55015604
I wonder why no one has tried to copy Brokeback Mountain's script and copy-paste a story of two Dark Angels stranded on a fallen Eldar world trying to get to the last remnants of technology to send out an emergency beacon.

>>55015610
How many times has Abaddon done a Black Crusade, again?
>>
File: IMG_4683.jpg (172KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4683.jpg
172KB, 768x768px
I worry that might make my army a bit too jumbled. I'm inspired enough by this conversion to stick to the greenish grey/brassy/rusty look
>>
>>55015610
Nice bait. Now try posting it without that grin.
>>
>>55015646
meant for >>55015597
>>
>>55015633
because its so low effort, literally all you do i change it to 40k themes and the names to brother harddong and sergent strongcock
>>
>>55015633
Abaddon started the Long War and never stopped.

>>55015647
You are just upset that a top tier best-selling writer isn't creating outstanding series of works about your favourite Chapter/Legion/Faction.
>>
>>55011440
For a Gravis Captain, pick one:
Relic Blade or the Axe of Medusa?

Hell, which relics are good anyways?
>>
>>55015677
>ADB
>good

So you never red anything he wrote?
>>
How schizophrenic a collector are you 40kg??

Post them armies

Here's my autism list
Imperial:
>Red Scorpions
>Blood Ravens
>Grey Knights
>Red Hunters
>Flesh Tearers
>Deathwatch

Chaos:
>Black Legion
>World Eaters/Skulltakers
>Death Guard/Apostles of Contagion
>Vraks Renegades
>Fallen (Dark Angels)
>Alpha Legion/The Faithless
>>
>>55015677
>>
New thread soon?
>>
>>55015728
You have listed Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines.

Not exactly schizo. All you did was paint them a different color and call it a new army.

I may as well call my eldar like 10 armies because I don't paint according to a single craftworld's standards.
>>
>>55015646
>>55015651
yeah. I am doing a DG army which is a collection of smaller warbands and new converts that are hardcore Nurgle crusaders. Lots of psykers, and each marine squad has its own theme, so the jumbled look is what I want
>>
>>55015752
>caring about some faggot guardsman character
ADB would at least make it interesting.
>>
>>55015815
grimdark faggotry isnt interesting
>>
>>55015836
>Plays a grimdark game
>Complains about the grimdark elements

yeah nice
>>
>>55015728
I personally didnt expect blood ravens to be in the 8th codex especially when iron snakes wern't
>>
>>55015778
>playing space marines: the game
>expecting marinefags not to play a million flavors of marine and spikey-marine

Why do you paint so many different color of eldar anon? Why not stick with one craft world?
>>
I've got a Fire Warrior squad to build, which weapon is best for planting their ass on an objective and holding it? Pulse Rifle, Carbine, or Blaster?
>>
>>55015728
>Sisters
>CSM
>Tzeentch Daemons
>Deldar

I keep getting town between deldar and CSM, but having to paint deldar is quickly shifting me towards CSM. Daemons have been on hold since 5th, and Sisters were my first army.
>>
>>55015815
>completely ignores the point
You chaosfags are retards beyond salvation
>>
>>55015778
Space marines are GW's bread and butter
>>
>>55015633
gay marines is an easy target, we've all known this for years

>>55015728
well my last few purchases have been an oop tomb kings necrospyinx, eldar farseer skyrunner, wave serepent, canoness veridyan, savage orc big boss. i saw the chance to pick up some cool rare models and expand my eldar

>>55015875
i've heard the short range weapons are alright but if you're within punching range you might find yourself short a heads
>>
>>55015860
Its cause of the DoW3 hype that GW tried to stir up

They are a fan favorite chapter at this point now too, due in large part to the games.

Iron sneks are still a literally who chapter

I'm still butt-blasted that the Red Scorpions werent in the codex
>>
>>55015858
A book is meant to be interesting, the backstory for a universe can be as dumb as it likes.
>>
>>55015875
PR is the most popular choice.
Breachers with blasters are really close range so much more situational
>>
>>55015728

Scions
Sisters
Admech

Seriously considering some Chaos and some Primaris.

So not that bad all things considered. Course I haven't been doing this too long.
>>
>>55015893
*chanting intensifies*
>>
>>55015899
Black dragons were in the codex for some reason.
>>
Salamander Bros what kinda lists you been runnin?

Double vanguard battalion hurr
>>
>>55015940
I just put my pet salamander on the table and let him do his thing
>>
>>55015610
>Favored son of a fallen demi-god
But Horus' favorite son was Hastur, not abaddon? silly BL, contradicting their own stuff
>>
>>55015940
If i played salamanders I would run as many of the FW special characters as I could

Along with lots of melta/flamer squads mounted in rhinos and land raiders
>>
>>55015979
It's written from Abaddon's perspective, meaning he's going to get a (Pyrrhic) victory for a change.
>>
>>55015979
Shit like that is why I would laugh in anyone's face who claims all BL is cannon

(outside of a the few decent authors like Dan Abnett who's works have been referenced outside of BL)
>>
>>55015633
That sounds like the kind of suggestion a redditor would give honestly. No one else could come up with something as bland and overdone to unfunniness as that.
>>
File: adorable3.jpg (148KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
adorable3.jpg
148KB, 623x414px
>>55016035
>>
>>55011819
Sangy seems to be only kinda dead what with the Sanguinor and whatnot. Tbh, would not be surprised if they end up having rules and models for all the primarchs in 40K but Rogal Dorn, Ferrus Manus, Horus, Alpharius, and Curze. Would not be shocked to see Big E on the table, really.
>>
>>55015728
>Orks (Blood Axe mostly)
>GSC
Thinking of starting up small Deathwatch, Primaris and Sisters of Battle forces (and I guess they can work together for bigger battles). But for now I still got orks to build, which I still find the most fun.
>>
>>55016054
>TTSfag
Never reply to me again. Consider heading back to /r/warhammer
>>
File: No Gods No Masters.gif (3MB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
No Gods No Masters.gif
3MB, 970x545px
>>55015752
>>
>>55016087
Not even who you are replying to but

Nigger who the fuck are you?
Why are you so paranoid of the reddit cucks?

Why wont you just ignore them like anyone with half a fuckin brain would?
>>
>>55015979
Abaddon was absolutely a favored son. First of depending on the wording, all of the ex-Luna Wolves legion were Horus's sons. Abaddon was in the Mournival, which was the inner-most circle of Horus's chosen.
Sure, you could argue about who was The most favored son, but again Abaddon was the only one that could openly disagree with Horus and not be immediately told to fuck off.
Seems like BL is correct this time.
>>
>>55016115
>paranoid
I just don't like redditfags shitting up the thread. Is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>55013711
Barges are bad at AT as they have no AP, damage or range. Immortals just don't have the range.
>>
>>55016141
The Red(dit) scare is just as cancerous as actual redditors

They feed off of (you)'s and attention so ignoring them is the only right answer

Plus you seem like an annoying bitch who loves to complain
>>
>>55016141
But all he posted was TTS? Is it a big reddit thing?
>>
>>55016173
Fair point.
>>55016180
TTS is as reddit as it gets. Good god that shit is cringeworthy.
>>
>>55016180
TTS is a comedy that uses a plethora of swearing and Flanderizes the characterizations of major people in the WH40K universe. Due to the fact that it doesn't take the fluff seriously, it's a major pain for people who like to imagine their faction / legion / leaders as super-grimdark, and furthermore it's EXTREMELY entry-level when it comes to the canon.
>>
How do I get Battlescribe to count Noise Marines as troops instead of Elites when I force the Emperor's Children legion?
>>
>>55014455
Reasonably tough, having a powerfist with that many attacks is decent

He can ride with 4 aggressors in a repulsor for a pretty normal termie style ball.

He's just blatantly overpriced as the power sword is redundant and you pay 13 points for the bolt pistol part of the boltstorm gauntlet which is just mind boggling

Really if I could take him with just a PF for 114, I'd probably do it.
>>
>>55016222
It's not just that, it's that the creator relies on 1d4chan memes and bastardized understanding of canon in order to make LE FUNNY HUMOR that is forced as fuck and cringeworthy as fuckz
>>
File: heh nope.gif (312KB, 530x320px) Image search: [Google]
heh nope.gif
312KB, 530x320px
>>55016222
>for people who like to imagine their faction / legion / leaders as super-grimdark
>>
>>55016267
I thought 1d4's WH content keeps getting changed based on what the TTS uploads.
>>
>>55016271
The people who dont like TTS are the same people who like ADB's writing
>>
>>55016295
No, you got it backwards. If you don't like ttp you don't like edgy-the edgeman
>>
File: primaris.png (13KB, 427x43px) Image search: [Google]
primaris.png
13KB, 427x43px
When the fuck are we going to get some non repulsor primaris transport? feels fucking stupid to release the codex and not have decent options for transports for the new models. At the very least they should be able to use drop pods.
>>
>>55011440
New thread:
>>55016321
>>55016321
>>
I'mma be real surprised if they put out big Primarch centerpiece figures for the Ultramarines, Dark Angels, and Space Wolves, three of the four most popular Space Marine armies, and somehow decide not to do one for the Blood Angels, the remaining of the four, because it doesn't fit the lore. You can always come up with a reason to resurrect a dead guy -- just look at comics.
>>
>>55016315
Nope. Too big for the harnesses.
>>
>>55016314
>if you don't like Adam West Batman you don't like Batfleck
?????
>>
>>55016315
But all the drop pods are filled with child safety seats and the ceiling's too low.
>>
>>55016292
It's like an extended version of 2G1C where 1d4chan shits into TTS' mouth and TTS shits into 1d4's mouth.
>>
>>55016295
>people who like and understand the game's setting dislike cringy parody with parroted jokes
You may be on to something here.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 571x379px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 571x379px
>>55015386
Consider grabbing some WHFB dorf Ironbreaker shields on ebay or something
>>
>>55016359
GREAT idea
>>
>>55014894
You're a retard. You can shoot all of your pistols or all of your other weapons.
>>
>>55011650
>Death shroud is bare headed
REEEEEEE
>>
>>55014177
Spoken like a true git
Thread posts: 474
Thread images: 74

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.