[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A poster idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Poster.png (624KB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
Poster.png
624KB, 2550x3300px
I'm tyring to figure out what to make for a poster to get people's attention to maybe try out tabletops, i love introducing more people to the hobby but i usally do it in person.

What can i put on paper that will say,
- this can be fun and exciting
- it's easy to learn and simple
- it's more than just D&D
- were not super nerds
>>
Just put:
>- this can be fun and exciting
>- it's easy to learn and simple
>- it's more than just D&D
>- were not super nerds
>>
>>54987955
Haha you have a point anon
>>
>>54988019
I'm not even trying to be cheeky, I think putting those on there would be perfectly fine.
>>
>free rape.... the fun kind!
>>
File: Thog.png (867KB, 2548x2336px) Image search: [Google]
Thog.png
867KB, 2548x2336px
Thog.
>>
>>54987921
Maybe make calls to other activities people like:
>Do you like acting, tactics, meeting new people, or writing stories? Believe it or, tabletop games include all of these things.
Also probably throw in somewhere that Vin Diesel plays D&D, depending on the audience you're addressing
>>
>>54988226
Clever
>>
>>54988111
No fuck that magical realm bullshit, nobody likes it
>>
A few suggestions.

First and foremost, post a thread to >>>/gd/. /tg/ is a fast-moving board and this thread will be gone in a day, which is far too short for back-and-forth between you and people who decide to help. DON'T use the same op image, as the natives there will assume you're asking for critique of that design and either link you to the critique thread or rightly tell you to scrap it and start over.

Really, though, before you start any visual design you have to answer some of the following questions:
>>
>>54992606

WHO do you want? You can't just think "everyone at my college" - what kind of college is it, and what are the students like? You're going to have very different ways to appeal at Wellsley vs. West Point vs. RPI.

WHY would they want to? What's their angle? Have they ever played a TRPG before? (If not, memedice and dicememes mean nothing.) Did they grow up with fantasy or war novels and may want to tell their own story? Are they the WoW/FF/MOBA crowd, already into the gestalt fantasy aesthetic but maybe willing to do math if it lets them play their OC? Is there a strong ROTC or history major presence who may enjoy simulating battles? Or are you actually a big enough club where you're a default campus "just chill" activity, and your goal is just to let people know your meeting times? This is what informs your style, whether it be a calligraphed and faux-aged "parchment", a no-nonsense battle report, or a stylish modern design there the headline's words are enough to get them to read more.

WHAT do you do? Everyone may be down for anything, but what's your generally favored system and feel? What will potential recruits get to do on the evening they drop in, other than be intimidated by a stack of books and boxes that match their height, weight, and yearly tuition cost? This might be where you juxtapose things, illustrate Mad Max taking bolter shots at the dragon; or the "I drink to forget __________" black card being answered with Pikachu, an Exodia component, and someone Counterspelling "Alcoholism"; or a pawns-and-rooks formation charging an ork position across a topo map of the Ardennes.
>>
>>54992666
WHERE/WHEN: specify these in the text. "evenings on the balcony" will lose over half your fresh blood to showing up on Tuesday when your entire core group is in Astronomy lab, or at 5pm before dinner and finding no one, or at 9pm after dinner and finding nothing but your D&D table sharing out loot in a full campaign. There's also probably more than one balcony on your campus, so give a proper building name and room or at least floor number.

Also, get an English major to look at your shit before you print it. There's five errors and at least one ESLism in your two sentences of text, that is not a thing that makes me expect engaging, experienced storytellers running well-written campaigns.
>>
>>54987921

I like the picture you got. Simple, casual, and funny.
>>
>>54987921

Be sure to but on some kind of schedule or contact information.
>>
>>54992606
>>54992666
>>54992775

Thank you, these are very helpful.
>>
>>54987921
Not that.
>>
>>54992775
haha this is the result of a google image search, but i get ya about the grammar
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.