[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 49

File: Best Girl.gif (2MB, 540x280px) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl.gif
2MB, 540x280px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

How do you use Planar Ally/Planar Binding in games?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54968748
>>
>>54978973
I bind efreeti and make them grant me three wishes. Then I use trap the soul on the magic item I give them. Then I usually keep their souls until I figure out what to do with them.
>>
Many times a PC has summoned an extraplanar creature or outsider and made them work for cheap, if they were paid at all. How often is it that PCs are summoned and bound to some odd job though? Has it ever happened to you?
>>
>>54978582
>DHB will never whisper sweet nothings to you in his deep comfy voice as he sensually shoves his fresh cookies into your mouth

Life is pain
>>
>>54979655
You could always PM him. Maybe he'll serenade you.
>>
>>54979655
He bakes?
>>
>>54980265
He bakes!
The B stands for Baker, silly. Delicious Homestyle Baker.

Didn't you ever wonder why it's DHB even though Homebrewer is only one word? Think about it.
>>
>>54980371
I want to sample his wares, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>54980438
Why? What has he done to deserve this adoration?
>>
>>54981011
I'm a slut for baked goods, anon
>>
>>54981202
hurr durr [SO ORIGINAL bun in oven joke]
>>
File: 1434924192463.gif (17KB, 16x9px) Image search: [Google]
1434924192463.gif
17KB, 16x9px
>tfw this thread is just one big circlejerk for DHB-sama.
>>
>>54981270
It's okay, anon. I'm sure somebody will love you someday too! Don't forget to PM THEM!
>>
Hey ya'll. I'm looking to do something a bit different in my next game but I don't want to fall into That Guy territory. Does anyone have practical experience playing with a Lucerne hammer? I was wanting to run a human frontline cleric, but I'm wondering if this is straying into paladin territory.
>>
File: lamebully.jpg (112KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
lamebully.jpg
112KB, 724x720px
>>54981305
>>
>>54981202
I bet I can fit more cookies in my mouth at once than you!
>>
File: 1489970965334.gif (693KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1489970965334.gif
693KB, 500x277px
>>54981276
>>54981202
>TFW can't hardly cook
>TFW even if I could, I'd get shouted down for biting DHB's style if I shared my own work
>>
>>54981643
We can learn together! It'll be fun, and cooking for somebody else is always nice! I'll eat it all up
>>
>>54981643
>>54981715
Learn to make pizza and pasta. Too many "Italian food" joints fail to capture how it's supposed to be.
>>
>>54981715
Even if I've only ever used pre-made dough?
>>
>>54981731
It doesn't have to be fancy; it's the thought that counts
>>
>>54981498
You're on!
>>
>>54981643
Just think of something you really like, and follow the recipe. A lot of cooking is really easy as long as you do exactly as instructed; it's when people start deviating that they fuck up.

For example, say you want to make a nice, simple spaghetti sauce. A nice big pot of it so you'll have some for the whole week.

>Two 28oz (bout 765g) cans of crushed tomatoes from the cans aisle. This shit's usually under a dollar.
>1/2kg or more (1kg is even better) of ground beef, or ground veal, or ground pork, or ground sausage; whichever you prefer. Mixing them is totally okay.
>One Fresh tomato (I like beefsteak or italian for this).
>Get a nice big red or orange pepper (they're more expensive than the green ones because they don't taste like complete shit).
>Get a big fat onion of your favorite kind; maybe a spanish one or a red one; honestly it doesn't matter just get an onion.
>Get a head of garlic if you like it, or if you're worried about roasting garlic just get a jar of crushed/chopped garlic though that's not as cheap.
>If you're worried about the herbs and spices just get a satchet of spaghetti (or if you're feeling adventurous, chili) spices.
>If you like heat, get a little habanero to put in there, you'll roast it with the other pepper
>Chunk of dark cooking chocolate. Trust me on that last one. You won't need much just like a 1x2inch square's enough, or like half a cup of the chips.

You'll want a pan and a big pot (a big one like your parents probably make pasta for the whole family in), you'll of course need a big wooden or silicone spoon to stir shit up, and a good sharp knife. I actually do the whole thing in just one bigass wok myself, but it's easier when starting out to separate the things.
>>
I want to introduce Mythic in a game. The players are on board with this, but they want to have a slowburn approach to their power increasing.

We are starting at level 3. When would be the best time to introduce Mythic to give them the subsystem they want and the slowburn approach?
>>
>>54981643
Cooking is simple. Follow the recipe, taste your ingredients.

All you have to do is memorize like 10 recipes and rotate them out as you get tired of them. And for a lot of shit like curries or chili's you can get away with like half the recipe being out of a can.
>>
>>54983133
Turn your oven on at 400F. Wash the peppers and cut a little hole around where the stem goes in at the top with a knife; nice and circular. If you do it right you can pull the stem right out, then cut the pepper in half to remove the seeds and carefully shave off the white crap in the pepper, leaving only the nice tasty flesh. Wrap those up in aluminum foil. If you took a head of garlic, wrap it up too. Also dice up or slice up that onion and the tomato while you wait, to the sizes you enjoy in a sauce.

Once the oven's ready, put the foiled things right on the center rack and set the timer for 30 minutes.

Once those are in, turn on the stove. Set it to medium-high (if it's 1-10 like on some models, a 6-7 is good). When the pan's nice and hot, dump the meat and the onion in there. Don't let it stick; stir it vigorously so it separates, and keep this going till it starts going from grey to little hints of brown. Now take it off the heat, use whatever big potcover you have (you can just rince it easy afterwards) to help you: you're going to use the cover to hold the meat in while you drain the fat and juice into the sink.

Now dump it in the big pot; start the heat on that pot to medium-low (like 3, and add in the cans of crushed tomato. You can give the pan a minute or two to cool off and then rince it in the sink: the faster you wash things the easier crud comes off usually.

You're going to want to keep stirring this, so it slowly heats up and evaporates without sticking. What you want is a simmer (where it's just starting to steam and make tiny bubbles just a tiny bit but isn't bubbling crazily). Add in a bit of salt and pepper here and you can start pouring in the spices. How much depends on how strong a taste of spices you like. Start with one tablespoon of the stuff, stir it in well, and in a minute you can start trying to taste (don't forget it's fucking hot). If the garlic wasn't a head in the oven and just a pot of crushed put it in now
>>
>>54983240
By now the oven's probably about to beep because of the timer. Take them out, give them 2-3 minutes still wrapped to cool down.

After that, get ready (it's hot on the fingers) you'll notice on the peppers the skin is all loose like old people. you're going to peel off that skin, and then slice and dice the pepper into little bits.

If you have the head of garlic, you basically just unwrap it, removing all the white skin on the outside to get to the tiny soft yellow slices on the inside. Get those out of their 'shell' (it's soft, you can do it with fingers or use a knife if it's too tough for you) and add'em to the pot.

Now stir thoroughly, add another tablespoon of spices if it doesn't taste enough. Cover the pot up and let it simmer another 15 minutes.

Now add in the FRESH tomato, the bit of chocolate, and some cheese if you want (cream cheese, ricotta, or parmesan, to taste). Those who prefer a sweeter fruitier sauce may want to add a tablespoon of sugar or cane sugar, or even just grab a sweet little tangerine or some diced up bits of mango or pineapple and add it in there. Everyone's got their way.

Stir on a simmer a while longer until the sauce starts to thicken; at this point it's mostly a matter of how watery you want it (I like it not). When it achieves the desired consistency you can take it off the heat. You can even make some pasta when it's getting to that point to try it out, but it'll be even better once it's settled in the fridge overnight and the garlic got to really seep in through.

And now you have a big fat pot of meaty pasta sauce.
>>
File: IMG_3959.jpg (82KB, 465x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3959.jpg
82KB, 465x683px
How much would you price olive oil at in Pathfinder?
>>
I FUCKING LOVE BEING AN EVIL WIZARD
>>
>>54979655
>>54980265
>>54980371
Does anyone have a picture of DHB's cookies?
>>
>>54983630
10 silver for a flask
>>
>>54984287
>10 silver
That's too much. How about 100 coppers?
>>
File: ogre1-1-.jpg (65KB, 1024x883px) Image search: [Google]
ogre1-1-.jpg
65KB, 1024x883px
I'm thinking of making an ogre, but I have some practical concerns with two otherwise fun feats:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/awesome-blow
>"If the creature’s maneuver succeeds against a corporeal opponent smaller than itself, its opponent takes damage (typically slam damage plus Strength bonus) /.../"
Am I at the GM's mercy when it comes to using a heavy weapon for this maneuver (like a greatsword or at least something out of the Hammer weapon group), or is there precedence elsewhere for interpreting it flexibly?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/corrupted-flesh/
Is there a cheap and preferably flexible way to inhibit the Stench so that I don't offend NPCs (particularly for extended periods of time, e.g. in taverns), yet have it enabled in battle? Options I've found are Deodorizing agent (30 gp, 1d3 hours) and Negate Aroma (1 hour/caster level) as a casted level 1 spell/potion (50 gp for caster level 1)/wand (750 gp / 50 level 1 charges = 15g per hour), but none of them seem all that practical. An at-will item that could let me toggle the effect for personal use would obviously be ideal, but I imagine that would be expensive.
>>
>>54984294
But 100 copper is equal to 10 silver.
>>
File: Auriel2.jpg (1016KB, 945x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Auriel2.jpg
1016KB, 945x1200px
>>54978973
>How do you use Planar Ally/Planar Binding in games?
Like this.
>>
>>54984760
High heavens in the streets and a demon in the sheets!
>>
>>54984760
>[You are filled with Hope]
>>
File: Auriel.jpg (912KB, 1417x1181px) Image search: [Google]
Auriel.jpg
912KB, 1417x1181px
>>54984770
I unironically love that auriel is basically the pure idol of heaven. She has the most perfect singing voice, everyone adores her, she *literally* gives hope to the entire heavens, she has this scarf that either feels like a million loving hugs, or a million really rape-y smothering hugs. She stops fights between Tyrael and Imperius all the time. Everyone does everything better and feels more inspired when they have Auriel watching them (even more so when wrapped in her scarf).
>>
>>54984789
I honestly really like the Angels in Diablo.

And the fact that they don't actually seem to have physical bodies is entertaining to me.
>>
File: Imperius.jpg (60KB, 660x664px) Image search: [Google]
Imperius.jpg
60KB, 660x664px
>>54984829
>the fact that they don't actually seem to have physical bodies is entertaining to me.
They're made of light, sound and willpower. Intangible souls are actually relatively hard to damage, and they only really choose to don "armor" and manipulate it through willpower because it gives them a more identifiable physical presence.

Demons on the other hand are made of flesh, blood, fury and sin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q2htBs_enA angiris council is fun times.
>>
>>54984829
Angels aren't of "this world", theologically, so it makes sense that they don't have any physical form until they choose to. They're beings of the soul, and the soul isn't actually tangible.
>>
>>54984868
Until they pull the wings off, I guess

WE
>>
>>54984440
True, 10 vials for a platinum piece seems much more reasonable
>>
File: Loli-daemonette_(12).jpg (66KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
Loli-daemonette_(12).jpg
66KB, 532x800px
>>54984299
>Corrupted Flesh
>Aasimar Barbarian
>20 CHA
>Scion of Humanity
>Racial Heritage(Ogre)
>>
>>54985065
>nipples
DELETE THIS!
>>
>>54984868
Imperius dindu nuffin!!
>>
>>54978973
As a way to get infinite heroism
>>
File: Imperiusvsarthas.jpg (681KB, 1200x872px) Image search: [Google]
Imperiusvsarthas.jpg
681KB, 1200x872px
>>54985875
That was literally what tyrael's speech was about. Tyrael and the other angels were sitting around patting themselves on the backs because "at least we're not like those demons who break their promises and don't hold to their oaths". Tyrael is like "Heaven and Hell both promised not to interfere with sanctuary, and because the demons broke that promise we aren't beholden to it either, you fucks need to get off your asses and come and *do* something - the RIGHT thing - before they show up with an army of enslaved nephalem on our doorstep."
>>
File: Illidan2.jpg (464KB, 647x615px) Image search: [Google]
Illidan2.jpg
464KB, 647x615px
>>54985929
Imperius* and all the other angels. Cant believe I made that typo.
>>
File: MalthaelSkull.jpg (90KB, 792x1008px) Image search: [Google]
MalthaelSkull.jpg
90KB, 792x1008px
>>54985929
And then Tyrael destroys the worldstone and Malthael has a panic attack/hyperventilates so hard he comes up with the idea to kill the remaining humans/demons because it will let him win the eternal conflict.
>>
>>54981276
Is that a Kung Pow for ants?
>>
>>54985959
I just realized that's a skull. That's damn good art.
>>
File: rH8Ny4P.gif (45KB, 50x28px) Image search: [Google]
rH8Ny4P.gif
45KB, 50x28px
>>54986103
No, it's a Zoolander.
>>
>>54983630
Cheap where olives are grown, expensive as fuck elsewhere.
>>
>>54986706
That's not how it works in d20 games tho
Salt costs a fixed price whether you're near salt flats, the oceans, or in the middle of a freshwater swampland.
>>
>>54986729
That's only because a)the writers are lazy fucks b)detailing all the prices like that would take up a lot of pages
>>
>Game is set in Minkai
>All PCs are from Minkai
>Unless you're Ninja, Monk or Samurai Minkai weapons are exotic for you
Da fuck?
>>
>>54986868
Just play a westaboo.
I mean those weapons being exotic never stopped people to insert their nodachi wielding nobles into every single campaign ever.
>>
It's been a week or so since I was in here, have I missed any lfg postings?
>>
I can't believe this shit, everybody at my table knows English (and uses it on a daily basis) yet nobody has noticed my monk's name: Cho Sen Wang
>>
>>54986960
Anon... Every single lfg posted here has been a bamboozle. You are looking at naught but disappointment here.
>>
>>54986868
the shape of a weapon usually doesn't have much bearing on its stats. There's a lot of weapon bloat for things that are basically mechanically indifferent longsword / bastard sword = katana. Kamas = sickles. shortsword = wakizashi. dagger = tanto.
>>
>>54987169
>longsword / bastard sword = katana
Not really. They're not even used the same way.
>>
>>54987169
Wish you were my GM, but PF doesn't roll that way.
But some stuff, Katana makes more sense as a falchion, wakizashi is slashig not piercing like shortsword
>>
>>54987169
>There's a lot of weapon bloat for things that are basically mechanically indifferent longsword / bastard sword = katana.

>Longsword - 1d8 19-20 x2
>Bastard Sword - 1d10 19-20 x2
>Katana - 1d8 18-20 x2

???
>>
>>54987146
We were doing good a couple months ago
>>
>>54987228
Wakizashi's would have been slashing and piercing, because that's just how swords were used. Even goofy shaped ones could usually be used to stab.

>>54987188
The basics aren't really that different. A katana was a cavalry sword similar to a saber. The curve to it allowed you to draw it from a sitting position in the saddle, the curve also made it quite nice for riding along and bopping filthy peasants because it could slice nicely with just the momentum from riding forward. It could be used one handed (so that you could hold reins in the other hand) or two handed (if you got unhorsed or were an infantryman to begin with).

Samurai for a pretty long period of time were mounted infantry, they could use their yumi from horseback, but it was usually better to ride to a place, dismount then fire. And most "samurai" brought a yumi, a yari, a sword, and a knife / shortsword to a fight if at all possible, cause ideally you wanted to keep people away from you and that's what bows and spears did... and you wanted to have a backup weapon if those became 'useless'.

And as samurai tended to have a lot of upward mobility if they were good at their jobs, it paid to have equipment that you didn't need to go all out on replacing if you were promoted up, which is part of why the katana was so standard and serviceable. It could slice, it could stab, it was good on horseback or on foot.

>>54987232
that *should be basically mechanically indifferent.
>>
>>54987232
Katana is basically a two-handed saber.
>>
>>54987397
A longsword isn't equivalent to a saber in any form, or else we may as well just have 'sword' as a weapon.
>>
>>54987428
That's exactly my point. Katana may have similar stats, but it isn't actually used at all like a "longsword".
>>
>>54987364
>Wakizashi's would have been slashing and piercing, because that's just how swords were used. Even goofy shaped ones could usually be used to stab.
True, but D&D and PF uses the main use of a weapon as their only type of damage, wakizashis were mostly used to slash even if you could stab with them, D&D shortswords seem to be used mostly to stab.

>A katana was a cavalry sword similar to a saber.
Unless you're using the wide term Katana as in Japanese blade, no, that would be a Tachi. By the time "Katana" (as a type of sword) were a thing Samurai weren't mounted archers anymore.
>>
>>54987478
>By the time "Katana" (as a type of sword) were a thing Samurai weren't mounted archers anymore.

Really depended on where you went. Not a whole lot of clans really had much access to horses, and with "heavy" cavalry being so critical to most militaries in history they probably would have wanted to concentrate their former mounted archers / mounted infantry into actual heavy cav. But I'm sure you could find groups that still had mounted archers, simply because they'd have fulfilled a role very similar to dragoons - ride shit down and put arrows in them while optionally doing light-cav skirmishing.
>>
>>54987512
Heavy cavalry barely made sense in Japanese terrain, it just didn't work well. It's like bringing a catapracht into the pyrennes.
>>
>GM starts to pull "if he himself believes what he says he isn't lying" bullshit
Fuck this shit
>>
>>54987805
"Hey minion I am in the left room" says the villain as he goes to the right room out of the minion's sight. The minion has utmost trust in his boss, but refuses to lie if interrogated.

"But he said he went to the left room! I am not lying" says the minion desperately as the paladin lines up the execution axe, a punishment for "lying".

Truth from a perspective is not a lie, anon.
>>
>>54987805
What do you do as a GM in situations like these?
>>
When and why did all tieflings became full half demons? I remember back in 3.5 having mostly tiny stuff but now they're all the impersonation of your average devil (red, with hooves, tail, horns and goatee)
>>
>>54987882
>>54987886
1. Is a motherfucking slippery slope
and 2. We can't do that shit but he can?, fuck this.
>>
>>54987903
4e introduced the satanic gypsy-Jew tiefling, a race of people scattered after the fall of their ancient kingdom.
However, 5e turned around and acknowledged both the new gypsy Jew tieflings and the older X-Men tieflings in its sourcebooks, so now both exist simultaneously, though the 4e unified race gypsy Jew type did make the PHB cut.
>>
Is there a good place to find art for Undines? If I'm playing an elf or an orc or something I just use Google images but Undines don't have much of a selection
>>
>>54987925
I mean, if you know the truth and don't tell it, you are lying.

If you are telling the truth you've been told, but suspect that it isn't the truth, you are lying.

If you know a thing as a truth and don't have a reason to believe otherwise and say it as you know it, it's not lying.

If you are uncertain about two things being the truth, telling one is holding back the truth, but not lying at which point the line is blurred.

Simple as that

And how come you can't do that?
>>
>>54987925
No, it's not a slippery slope. If you're an autistic faggot you might still fall off, but otherwise you're full of shit.
And why aren't you able to do this yourselves? Wizard tells the party he's gonna scout out the forest and casts Invisibility, while in reality he's going to bang some hookers. Comes back, says he found nothing, party is none the wiser.

If you fail to take advantage of it, that's all on you.
>>
>>54987947
And why PF's tieflings are the satanic one even though the desscription says they can vary a lot? seems every PF tiefling art is not satan.
>>
File: intrigue_reee.png (245KB, 714x768px) Image search: [Google]
intrigue_reee.png
245KB, 714x768px
>Intrigue party
Courtesy of wild surge.
>>
>>54988025
Is that tiny girl floating or is she the big guy's puppet?
>>
>>54988041
Looks like she's sitting on the big guy's arm.
>>
>>54988041
She's sitting on his arm to be able to look down on others instead of standing on the ground like a plebeian.
>>
>>54988052
>>54988051
That makes sense. Why is she so small?
>>
>>54988073
2'10" halfling.
>>
>>54988025
Who do we have to kiss to get a genuine wild surge done of other parties?
>>
>>54987971
>>54987981
Because the player, and the GM (in this case) had full acknowledge what the char was saying was a blatant lie and was 100% made to trick the PCs but "because my NPC doesn't feel like he's lying, he isn't".

Case in question:
>Shapechanger dude has killed a LG loved by all NPC, is impersonating him to kill another important NPC
>When asked why is he hurt and "his" home fucked up he answers he fought an evil man but drove him away
>We go chasing this "evil" man that doesn't actually exist because the NPCs corpse is still in the house
>GM doesn't roll sense motive for us (nor in game nor previously, nor nothing)
>Later we know it was a LE shapechanger and was lying through his teeth and used that time we spent chasing for the "evil" man to kill the important NPC
>Town now hates us for not doing our job
>When confronted why we didn't notice shit (even two of us have sense motive off the charts, Inquisitor btw) he just tell us "he believed everything he said so is not a lie, so I didn't roll sense motive for you"
Tell me if this isn't a fucking bullshit and full slipper slope
>>
>>54988025
And a roll call for good measure:
Left, Godefroy Lesarge-Masson. Good guy and daddy knight. Everyone seems to suspect he's actually Elvargian, the quest giver.
In the back, Mycroft Cutting. Half-orc butcher with axes, and access to fine meats and shady deals. Doesn't like being called a savage - he's a civilized man!
In the front, Delnora Algata. Smug asshole elf who spied on Elvargian's correspondence, stole a letter, and is now impersonating a Karvane Company agent.
Sitting on Mycroft's hand, Miri "Dale". A halfling slave girl with some amount of divine heritage, who lords it over other halfling slaves and pretends she's not one of them as much as she can.
To the right, Patricius Sloan. Sleazy, greasy, greedy man in the employ of Brellock, a noble mercenary captain. Plays the part of drunken fool quite convincingly.
>>
>>54988184
Actually Mycroft was more offended by the ranger saying he wasn't really a merchant than by calling him a greenskin.
>>
>>54988124
Unless he is under some kind of memory-altering magic, your GM is full of shit and using semantics to pull random asshattery on you. You should definitely have been given a SM roll in that situation. The GM is using the rules wrong.
>>
>>54988124
See, that has nothing to do with the topic at hand because the character in question was just making shit up.
>>
>>54988242
>he believed everything he said so is not a lie, so I didn't roll sense motive for you
That has everything to do with the topic in question I stated it in my first post >>54987805

According to the GM "evil" is a matter of perception, "kill" can be undestood as driving away, etc, it was "our" fault for assuming to much. So he fought an evil man and drove him away and he's totally the NPC not a shapeshifter is all """"""""""""""""""""""""true"""""""""""""""""""""" according to the GM
>>
>>54988277
Semantics. He's hiding stuff from you, so that's Sense Motive and Bluff checks. Your GM is sadly full of shit. The rules did nothing wrong, though.
>>
>>54988351
Never said rules were wrong, read my first post I clearly wrote "Gm pulls this bullshit"
>>
>>54988277
No, your GM is just a shithead. Any reasonable person would say that the NPC was deliberately deceiving you. At least, if we are to assume your story isn't bullshit.
>>
>>54988691
Anon believed his story is true so you can't sense motive.
>>
>>54988740
I made an int check instead :^)
>>
>>54988757

You don't decide what to roll. You tell the DM what you want to do and he tells you what to roll.
>>
>>54988796
Fuck you I can't do what I want. if I want to use my sword's attack bonus as use magical device (because my sword is magical to me), I will. And it should deal my Initiative modifier as bonus damage, because I hit him before he could move away.
>>
>Have the time and ability to do a short game
>Have no idea what I want to run
>>
File: Bacon Dude Eyepatch Lmao.jpg (339KB, 564x755px) Image search: [Google]
Bacon Dude Eyepatch Lmao.jpg
339KB, 564x755px
So, question, does a Bushi Stalker with Concealed Recovery gain the miss chance from the Stalker Art when recovering a maneuver via sheathing a weapon? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>54989280

After the king's brother convinced one of his sons to betray the kingdom, the land is now overrun by gangs of evil skeleton warriors, and the players are part of the last legion of heroes loyal to the king, and must fight to liberate it of the skeletal hordes.
>>
>>54989280
After the king's brother convinced one of his sons to save the kingdom, the land is still overrun with humans. The players are part of a gang of skeletons, and must fight to liberate it of the human hordes.
>>
>>54988184
>Left, Godefroy Lesarge-Masson. Good guy and daddy knight. Everyone seems to suspect he's actually Elvargian, the quest giver.
>Everyone seems to suspect he's actually Elvargian, the quest giver.
What? Why?
>>
>>54989507
He is about as old as Elvargian should be and seems to be military, just like the actual Elvargian.
Moreover, he near perfectly matched the description of Elvargian that Miri received from her master.
The first one to follow through on this suspicions was Delnora, who assumed he's Elvargian because she couldn't wait, confronting him in public about it, while Miri, hiding nearby, was watching them as she suspected he might be Elvargian.
Godefroy chose the most hilarious route and played along, pretending to be Elvargian while talking to Delnora and thus convincing Miri that he's Elvargian.
>>
I need some help. I need to find feats to help me shield another party member, block attacks, etc. What sort of feats are options for this? I know there is a fairly big list and I'm looking for the last shit ones.
>>
>>54989316
>>54989354
"Enter the Bone Brigade" as the title
>>
>>54989600
Bodyguard or something of the sort.
>>
>>54989593
Why did he play along?
>>
>>54989644
He wanted to make her agree to shut up about it in public and go to a less crowded place to talk ASAP, due to being concerned about bystanders hearing too much.
>>
>>54989600
Bodyguard, Intercept Charge and Suicidal trait for tieflings lets you soak an attack that is targeting an adjacent ally once a day.
>>
File: 1497555573321.png (63KB, 628x374px) Image search: [Google]
1497555573321.png
63KB, 628x374px
Should I fear for myself? The captcha had the very specific name of one of my PF characters among the choices.
>>
>>54989718
You should. Soon.
>>
>>54989665
What's the party dynamic like so far? I'm curious.
>>
>>54989739
What is google going to do to me? Are they going to do horrible horrible things to my butt? Are they going to read my character's backstories and sell them at a high price to authors who then plagiarize them because clearly my characters are all 10/10 writing wise!? ARE THEY READING THIS TOO!?
>>
>>54989827
No, they're going to do delightful things to your butt
>>
>>54989827
No, we aren't reading this too. There's nothing to worry about.
>>
>>54989806
Miri and Mycroft are the only two characters who act like healthy adults.
Elva^W Godefroy is paranoid and trusts noone.
Patricius acts like a dirty hobo.
Delnora is an asshole towards everyone.
The result is that Godefroy lost any semblance of respect towards Delnora by now and they loathe each other. Miri is acting deliberately non-confrontational until she gets a better feel for the party and thus avoids expressing her disgust for Patricius. Patricius and Mycroft got along well with each other, playing board games and chatting about life. The first time Patricius met Delnora, he tried to woo her, much to her displeasure given his overall image. Mycroft is just your average half-orc meat merchant, though Delnora is openly racist towards him.
>>
File: KonoSubaSuccubiGirls.jpg (2MB, 3250x3100px) Image search: [Google]
KonoSubaSuccubiGirls.jpg
2MB, 3250x3100px
>>54978973
Lik dis. Succubrothel is go (they only take a little energy and stick to a strict practice of business standards and ethics!)
>>
File: 1491990988131.jpg (249KB, 687x613px) Image search: [Google]
1491990988131.jpg
249KB, 687x613px
>>54989843
>>54989847
Which one do I believe!? Which one is real, which is there to lull me into a sense of false security!? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME, O MIGHTY SEARCH ENGINE!? HAVE I NOT SUFFERED ENOUGH!?
>>
I need names for a Tiefling in a Not Japan setting and I can't literally think of any, halp?
>>
>>54989989
Just take a not!Japanese name or find some weird kanji that means "Demon Fucker" or "Redskin Devil" or "Slutbait", turn it to romanji and Bob's your uncle.
>>
>>54989989
Nihonjin no Bakemono ja nai
>>
>>54989989
>>54989989
Hinamoto Oniko. look up the know your meme page.
>>
>>54989870
>Elva^W Godefroy is paranoid and trusts noone.
>Delnora is an asshole towards everyone.

Why are they both such pieces of shit?
>>
>>54989984
There is never enough suffering. We must maximize the pain for our Lord. I assure you, there is no need to worry. The pain is inevitable. Find comfort in the knowledge that there was nothing you could do to prevent this.
>>
>>54990050
Godefroy went through three assassination attempts in the last year, so his paranoia is kinda justified. He seems to be overall a nice guy outside of paranoia, though.
Delnora is just an asshole by design.
>>
File: 88hcs.jpg (53KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
88hcs.jpg
53KB, 960x960px
So what would be a good sword for a mounted character in pathfinder thematically? Probably want to lean more to a one hander.
>>
>>54990095
DUELING SWORD
U
E
L
I
N
G

S
W
O
R
D
>>
>>54990095
Anything larger than a shortsword and smaller than a twohander.
>>
>>54990058
But why, Google!? Who the fuck takes a picture of a billboard saying "Soriana"!? WHO THE FUCK EVEN HAS A BILLBOARD ADVERTISING WITH THAT NAME!? WHY DO YOU TORMENT ME SPECIFICALLY!?

Seriously, who the fuck has a billboard up that just says "Soriana" wíth no number or product to endorse?
>>
>>54990132
Perhaps it was her killer. Who can say*?

(*: We can say. We know exactly who did it.)
>>
>>54990058
On the subject of pain...
currently recruiting games are:
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85418/mint-rebels-double-treason (ends this week) - rationalist spin on Hell's Rebels AP
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84677/godslayers (ends in september) - kill gods, be mythic
>>
>>54989697
In Harm's Way is a thing you know
>>
File: 3 4ths maximized.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3 4ths maximized.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
Today I bring you not pain to maximize, but some new toys. Are you ready for some REAL HIVEMIND HOURS?
>Mercurial Race (SSDK Materials)
https://pastebin.com/1567mpq0
just a preview, there's no real fluff in here and I'm gonna add a fair amount of racial feats, mostly branching off of the ones i have. But it should give a decent idea of what I'm going for. Feedback is appreciated!
>>
>>54988025
KYS attention whores
>>
>>54978973
REMINDER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sxLcGvx2-o
>>
>>54990338
I recommend you to take your own advice, shitlord.
>>
>>54990336
Giving it a read, gimme a minute. I haven't finished, but do they just enslave other races in their hives for feeding purposes?
>>
>Person owns an old castle and has a con going where they get people interested in it and sell them a map to go view it
>"Bandits" attack the travelers on the way there, and if they survive that then there's something lurking in the castle that finishes the job
What kind of monsters hang out in old castles?
>>
>>54990338
This, post your bullshit to the discord and leave the thread alone.
>>
Had they errata'd Paladin and Ranger's Caster Level already?
>>
>>54990498
More or less. They're called Vassals, and they're not so much enslaved as they are domesticated - they need them to be reasonably happy in order to be able to draw power from them in a sustainable manner.
>>
>>54990665
HAHA never ever.
>>
>>54990802
I don't get it, Bloodrager has full CL, why they don't?
>>
>>54990864
Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>54990864
because "fuck you", obviously. It's another case of "pray your GM isn't retarded and houserules it away"
>>
>>54990864
*rubs paizo hands together* hehehe tough luck pal, I'll never give you that OR that chaotic good paladin or arcane caster favored enemy!
>>
File: 1489958326703.png (646KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489958326703.png
646KB, 1200x1000px
>>54990623
>>54990338
>>
How do you write for a Crimson Countess?
>>
>>54991006
>That image

I get it, Aqua's a retard acting haughty for no raisin.
>>
>>54990936
Or mage bane enhancement

Man I loved Mage hunter Ranger
>>
>>54991037
Truly you and I are opposite sides of the same coin. When we face each other, we can finally see our true selves. There may be a resemblance, but we never face the same direction.
>>
>>54991137
STANDING HERE
>>
>>54990583
House hunters.
>>
>>54991137
Here comes the snow...
>>
>>54991553
Time to dance with the angels!
>>
>>54990583
What kind of castle? What is it's history? Who owned the castle? Why is the castle abandoned? Why haven't you made an encounter in that castle that is a unique Danse Macabre called Red Death that also has an aura that infects people with a disease with a unique item called Masque of Red Death that makes you immune to disease, words as a hat of disguise, but only turns you into a man dressed in red finery and has a once a week effect similar to Massacre, except way less HD and in a burst radius around you?
>>
File: delnorashape.jpg (38KB, 488x754px) Image search: [Google]
delnorashape.jpg
38KB, 488x754px
>>54990065
>Delnora is inherently superior to everyone around her and does not need to stoop herself to their level

Fixed!
>>
>>54991599
I wish my group had an artist!
>>
>>54991599
She sounds like a bitch, desu
>>
>>54991599
In other words: just an asshole by design.
>>
>>54991734
>>54991799
Sounds like you two are just a bunch of uppity lowborns who don't know their place! She's clearly a wonderful person with little to no flaws.
>>
>>54991859
I'll snap off her fookin fingers and see how she feels then, m8
>>
>>54991859
>lowborns
>is a bitch to everyone in her party
>including the two nobles
>>
>>54991859
When the revolution comes, you'll be the first against the wall.
>>
File: tumblr_nmx58mXH2c1s2wsdzo1_500.png (316KB, 496x416px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nmx58mXH2c1s2wsdzo1_500.png
316KB, 496x416px
>>54992000
Is that a promise?
>>
>>54992182
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I SEE A NIPPLE. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!!!!!!!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1489596506773.png (3KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1489596506773.png
3KB, 493x402px
How are you all doing today /pfg/?
>>
>>54992505
Not great. Not as poorly as yesterday, but still rather poorly. Yourself?
>>
>>54992533
I'm doing okay I guess.

I wish we had spicier memes to get the thread moving fast.
>>
>>54992545
I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I think we should re-merge /sfg/ and /pfg/. Neither game mvoes fast enough to hold it's own discussion.
>>
>>54992505
Suffering from an obsession about a changeling strength-witch, her fraternal twin lovers, and a scenario where they could be written into.
>>
File: 1500587509603.png (359KB, 496x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500587509603.png
359KB, 496x600px
>>54992505
Well an hour ago I just got a call from my dad that was just a nice way of saying "I am disappointed in you and your hobbies", the government just said that I am effectively now a marginalized piece of shit on the news and I am pretty sure that my neighbor threw dogs shit on my window from his balcony.

Everything is just peachy all things considered.
>>
>>54992505
Better than I was over the weekend, but those feelings are probably going to come back soon.
>>
>>54992545
I'm fresh out of spicy memes. You could stir shit about a meme game, draw something from a meme game, accuse somebody of being cabal, or write a story about some iconic or something. Might get a buzz, I dunno.
>>
>>54992617

Maybe someone should start a bamboozle and push it hard? That's usually pretty spicy. Maybe a mid-level (5 or so), high-PB (30?) gestalt game with all DSP and DDS content and the PCs all start at mythic level 2 or something.
>>
>>54992572
>the government just said that I am effectively now a marginalized piece of shit on the news
What?
>>
>>54992652
Saying "maybe mythic" is better, since the thread is pretty divided on the topic.
>>
>>54992545
Threads is probably slow because of either university starting for some, the eclipse, people going back to work, and the lack of any real game recruiting right now.
>>
>>54992652
>mythic
No thanks
>>
>>54992505
I begun the day by accidentally cutting myself early in the morning. The cut was about 10mm deep and made me bleed profusely all over the place. I had to spend all morning going between doctors to deal with this shit, getting vaccines, antibiotics, and other nonsense.
Not a great day.
>>
Does your character have a pet? Not a familiar, animal companion, or something used to gain a boon, but a pet. Tell me about it.
>>
>>54992505
Stressed I won't be able to finish my homebrew by the deadline I told /pfg/
>>
>>54992729
You've failed is yet again, Starscream.
>>
>>54992729

Well, don't feel stressed, anon. The worst that could happen is that a disillusioned thread-goer, so disappointed in your failure, tracks you down through the internet and murders you.
>>
>>54989886
You're a fine gentleman, good sir, and I salute you on your superior taste.
>>
File: Mercane.jpg (42KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mercane.jpg
42KB, 400x600px
>>54978973
Summoning Mercanes to acquire those hard to get magical items.

It's basically Amazon.

>>54992505
I still have my vision. I'll need it to make the reference guide for a player who made a Dwarven Ordained Defender (Warder) / Forgemaster (Cleric) of Dumathoin.

He's focusing on Primal Fury and Silver Crane.

I might also need to make a pregen for a Halfling Warlord / Archaeologist (Bard) since one player never showed up for character creation.
>>
>>54992505
Worrying a lot about work.
>>
>>54992505
Havin' fun in Philosophy Debate Club.
>>
Have we had a full greentext for Intrigue yet?
>>
File: 8971521.jpg (33KB, 667x492px) Image search: [Google]
8971521.jpg
33KB, 667x492px
>>54992505

Quite well, thank you. I had the opportunity to watch the eclipse-not a full one out my way, but I'm glad for the experience anyway.
>>
>Playing DnD 3.0 when 3.5 was just released

Where's the Starfinder thread? Or can we rename this to DnD 3.0.
>>
File: 1332261167345.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1332261167345.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>54992905
NOOOOO I WANT TO PLAY MY UNBALANCED 3.7. ME LOVE 9TH LEVEL SPELLS AND UNBALANCED SPELLCASTERS BEING TIER 1

REEEEEEEEEEE

you GO NOW!!!!
>>
>>54992744
>>54992753
Sumanai...

My only hope is that nobody remembers that I said october for bloodborne last time I posted.
>>
>>54992905

Starfinder is here: >>54976796. Also, Pathfinder isn't D&D 3.0 or 3.5-its similarity to them is enough that some people call it 3.75, but it's distinct from them both.
>>
File: Bait Rapier.png (52KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
Bait Rapier.png
52KB, 500x501px
>>54992905
>>54992915
>>
>>54992927
Haha, sillz poster. Pathfinder is a broken mess of arcane spellcasters and divine spellcasters. Enjoy your broken ass 3.0.

Starfinder utterly replaces it.
>>
File: Barbarian Grill.jpg (82KB, 367x960px) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian Grill.jpg
82KB, 367x960px
>>54992883
Good to know, Fennec anon. I had 97% coverage in my area. It was a bit of a disappointment, didn't even get all that dark.

>>54992836
Sounds rad to me, anon. Never was much one for philosophizing myself, I always took to "burn it all down just for the hell of it" and nothing else really caught my eye. Hope you have fun!

>>54992832
Work is never fun, unless you make it fun.

>>54992806
Gestalt? Sounds rad, anon.

>>54992729
Never give up, anon! Trust your instincts!

>>54992695
I've had cuts that bad before, they always suck. Usually I just took to pouring peroxide on them, biting down hard on something, then stitching it up and gauzing it and then just keeping on going.

>>54992686
I kinda miss memedog

>>54992617
I'm trying to drawfag actually, I need to practice.

>>54992613
Hope you get better anon.

>>54992572
Look on the bright side: at least you can enjoy your hobbies, the government is just the government- they aren't worth a damn, and you should retaliate against your neighbor by throwing YOUR dog shit at their window.

>>54992568
Sounds kinky to me, anon.

>>54992555
They should be merged, honest. Paizo Games General should be a thing- I like it when the thread moved at a decent clip.

Anyways, have a cute barbarian girl, /pfg/.
>>
File: Amazons.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Amazons.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>54992806
>It's basically Amazon.
Oh that will go over well
>>
File: Sonya.jpg (214KB, 850x942px) Image search: [Google]
Sonya.jpg
214KB, 850x942px
>>54992945
Sonya is not a generic barbarian grill! SHE LIKES MEAT AND BLANKETS!
>>
>>54992993
I didn't have the full image, thanks

We need barbarians in this thread! Shoanti barbarian gals, preferable.
>>
File: Gold dwarf.jpg (24KB, 111x232px) Image search: [Google]
Gold dwarf.jpg
24KB, 111x232px
>>54992945
>Gestalt
Yes

I'm going to say that mechanically, Gold Dwarves are the same as Shield Dwarves.

If I knew more about the Byzantine Empire, I would base Gold Dwarf culture off of it. That way, you have a Byzantine Dwarf adventuring in Delian League Greece.
>>
File: 1478837629634.jpg (103KB, 736x1144px) Image search: [Google]
1478837629634.jpg
103KB, 736x1144px
>>54993032
idk what a shoanti is.
>>
File: 1455066151893.jpg (148KB, 900x1264px) Image search: [Google]
1455066151893.jpg
148KB, 900x1264px
>>54993032
is this a barbarian?
>>
>>54993068
Basically injuns, except mostly bald and more bones as decoration.
>>
>>54993089
No, that's bad character and weapon design.
>>
>>54993089
I remember that image from a few threads ago! as I recall that was quote a "punch girl".
>>
>>54993091
Shoanti are actually more like Gypsies except anyone of any race can join.
>>
File: 1447558997380.jpg (361KB, 1010x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1447558997380.jpg
361KB, 1010x1400px
>>54993032
howbout amazons?
>>
>>54993146
Those are good too. I prefer mine more buxom though
>>
>>54993146
I liked GARO more, personally.
>>
Me mo mo love 3.7
me me, I love broken pathfinder 9th level spellcasters doing everything and no need for any other class to ever exist for any reason
>>
>>
>>54993172
Wait... But what about martial?? My flame sword and 9 iterative attacks makes me a beast with haste... from the wizard...

NOPE!!!
Got a summon, I can bring a Balor. Bye Fighter!

But, me me, I can disarm magical traps...
NOPE!!! Dispel!!! Anti-magic field!!!
Got all the abilities and features of a Rogue, bye Rogue.

But, mo mo, my Barbariana is unchained...

NOPE!!!
I'll just use 20,000 wishes and become stronger and smarter than the barbie, then summon and craft magical arms and armor well beyond your pitiful being.

Pathfinder - Wizard.
It's all you need, the game.

W.. WAIT!! HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!!! I'm a level 25 Fighter, and you can't summon a Balor to replace meeeee------
Charmedddddddddd guguuhrhrurrh!! Yes master!
>>
File: KarasKneeling.jpg (81KB, 580x800px) Image search: [Google]
KarasKneeling.jpg
81KB, 580x800px
>>54993155
Karas is better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugZ9guPHqS4

would karas be a metaforge? how would one cover the vehicles he can transform into
>>
he he he, this door is locked... Thieve's tools to the res-

NOPE!!
Knock!!!

Haha, you have to waste a level 2 spell!!!
I'll unlock more doors th
CHARMED
GGUUURR I'LL UNLOCK THEM ALL, MASTER :)
>>
>>54993209
Am I having a stroke
>>
>>54993251
A minor one, yeah.
>>
>>54993123
Nah, the gypsies are Varisians.

Shoanti are aesthetically Native American, but genetically more like Ye Generic Supersoldier.
>>
File: 1332302520919.gif (597KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1332302520919.gif
597KB, 320x240px
>>54993251
Why don't you stop posting?
What's that...?

Charmed.

Stop posting.

:) Thread over.
>>
>>54993284

Who engineered them again? I forget.
>>
>>54993372
The Thassilonians genetically-engineered them to be their workers and soldiers.
>>
>>54992652

Make it a level 7, 30 PB, gestalt, DSP/DDS/NJolly/FFS/Paizo all allowed game. No mythic ranks. Lewd game. There are dragons involved, and also a magical academy trainign New Gods the PCs are all enrolled in--see, what happens when you touch the Starstone is your mind gets sucked into the Starstone Academy for the Divine Arts, and you iterate through as many lifetimes as is necessary to align your personal essence perfectly with the divine concept you would most closely embody. Once you manage to reach level 20 (and go through commencement) you ascend, leaving the academy, going back into your mortal body the same instant your mind left, and shooting into golarion's divinities as a new god.
>>
File: 1483657372279.jpg (275KB, 1000x776px) Image search: [Google]
1483657372279.jpg
275KB, 1000x776px
>>54993193
>>
>>54993400
Time to app with a soon-to-be god of getting blowjobs!
>>
>>54993209
>gets killed from orbit
Mythic rangers are one hell of a drug
>>
>>54993505
Can we please ignore the obvious retarded bait.
>>
What is the best way to play a bard in a 3 man party? Other players are 2h barbarian and mounted archer/nature Oracle if it matters.
>>
>>54993784
Sounds like your fate is that of the skill monkey and knowledge bot, my friend. In combat just throw buffs left and right and don't die.
>>
File: bard.png (431KB, 995x841px) Image search: [Google]
bard.png
431KB, 995x841px
>>54993784
Archaeologist, because someone has to deal with traps.

>http://pathminder.github.io/base-classes/bard-archeologist/
>>
>>54993400

Okay, actually, the more I think about it the more I like this idea. I might legit run it myself.
>>
>>54993400
Sounds like Angel Beats, pathfinder edition
>>
>>54994013
Make a listing! 1 month app time, heavy shilling, then bamboozle us all!
>>
>>54994114

Legit actually working on a listing now. My schedule is shit for GMing but maybe people can deal; I don't PLAN to bamboozle. Though I have no idea how to do a listing, to be honest; do I need to be a pro or premium roll20 member to do it legit?
>>
>>54994172
I don't think so, no. I have no clue how to do it either.
>>
>>54994172
>>54994194
>do I need to be a pro or premium roll20 member to do it legit

No, just go to the website's front page. If you're signed in, there should be a button near the top middle of the screen that says "CREATE NEW GAME". After that, I'm sure you can figure it out.

You're not the same guy from yesterday that was saying they were considering running something and asked about what people would want out of a game, are you?
>>
>>54994226

Oh god no, this is entirely a poorly thought out spur of the moment decision for me.
>>
>>54994352
As someone who has made a game spur of the moment before, I strongly urge you to take at least 24 hours to think about it, and before deciding you should both 1) review your weekly schedule and 2) masturbate.
>>
>>54993426
It's like Onryou, if SwEagle had any sense of restraint.
>>
>>54994352
Like >>54994383 said, except make it anyway, then just bamboozle. That's the hip thing to do nowadays.
>>
>>54994383

Masturbated already, thankfully. My weekly schedule is all kinds of fucked as it is, but that's not something that will just have to be dealt with, because it's fucked by work, and I'll be damned if I let work take my hobbies away from me until I'm nothing but a rancid husk of diesel fumes and bitterness.
>>
>>54994512
trucker?
>>
>>54994522
EMT.
>>
>>54994603
Anything crazy happen because of the eclipse that you had to respond to?
>>
>>54994603
Didn't know that took diesel.

You going to be accepting cute anime girls as apps?
>>
>>54994627

Nothing yet, but we're a small county rural service and the shift's only half over, so there's plenty of drunk redneck time to go.

>>54994629

Yeah, most ambulances run off of diesel; the engines last longer/for more miles than equivalent gas engines.

And yes, I will definitely be taking cute anime girl apps; I also accept cute anime boy apps, and non-anime apps. Every app will be considered except for obvious trolls/bamboozles.
>>
>>54992729
Don't worry, anon, after all nobody cares.
>>
I'm bored and need entertainment. What should I do to pass the time?
>>
>>54992842
Yeah, it was a couple of threads back I believe.
>>
>>54994801
Masturbate. Tell us about your characters. Cook something. Read something. Write a journal for one of your characters. KYS. Make a homebrew. Listen to music. Watch a movie.
>>
>>54994801
Look over the build concepts in Godslayer and commentate on them.
>>
>>54994396
I'm pretty sure he included this art in his very first drawthread request collage for Onryou.
>>
>>54994801
download Fate/Grand Order.
>>
>>54994841
>Tells us about your characters

He's a daddy.

Ah fuck it I'm just gonna go play an FPS game or whatever, thread is moving too slow.

>>54994866
Broodie no.
>>
Alright, /pfg/. Here we go: Starstone Academy of the Deific Arts. Come on, join in, make yourself at home! You're going to be here for awhile, learning and growing and maybe if you are skilled and lucky you'll become the gods you always wanted to be.

https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/86942/starstone-academy-of-the-deific-arts
>>
>>54994872
Is he good and caring too?
>>
>>54994904
>I. Drive
It's like the bamboozle happened before the LFG was even posted.
>>
>>54994904
>more magical god school bullshit
I thought this fad stopped around 2010, Jesus.
>>
>>54994917
>The most good and caringist
>>
File: Faceless_eva.jpg (8KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
Faceless_eva.jpg
8KB, 245x205px
Might as well post this here.

So in an earlier thread, someone posted a link to this... Wierd-ass video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpTn-eH4omM But it gave me an idea for a very short and surprisingly low level Adventure arc.

The creature is not nearly as powerful as it makes itself seem, it preys on children because it's easier to frighten them into thinking it's some eldritch horror. In reality it's still a powerful entity but not unkillable, the adventure arc has the PC's either seek out or stumble onto the entrance to it's lair which is partially merged with the dreamscape giving it more power over the dungeon's proportions and layout rescue the children it's captured and not yet killed and then slay it.

blah, blah, blah, you don't care about most of that. Point is what I'm trying to work out is the creature itself, namely it's stat-block, since this thing is only meant to be a CR4 or CR5, like I said, it's a short-arc My idea is to make it an Ogre with one of three templates applied to it: the Fey Creature template from Beastiary 3, the Nightmare Creature template from Beastiary 4, or the Unknown Template from Horror Adventures. At this point I'm looking more for which fits the theme better. What's your suggestion /pfg/?

if you can think of a different creature in the 4-5 CR range that better fits, please share

pic unrelated.
>>
>>54984760
> Summon an Incubus, promise him the sole right to dick my wizard every night in exchange for a boon.
Feels good to get a more or less permanent +2 intelligence. Only downside is the wizard walking stiff-legged every day, and being sore all the time(Although a polypurpose panacea helps)
>>
>>54994963

Ogre with Nightmare and Fey, I say.
>>
>>54995007
>. Only downside is the wizard walking stiff-legged every day, and being sore all the time(Although a polypurpose panacea helps)
And you know, pride? How does it feel being a literal demon whore? Especially if you were a real fucking wizard you could have just simulcurad the Incubus or just gotten an Efreeti.
>>
>>54994801
I'm bored too, wanna play a Pathfinder Bestiary randomizer game? Roll me up a d11 if you want to participate.
>>
>>54994904
Did you forget gestalt?
>>
>>54995083

Just editted that in when I realized I forgot to include it, yes. It is a gestalt game.
>>
>>54995053
Feels good when I have an extra spell every day and I'm only out 100 gold. Besides, once I hit level 7 I can just make a simulacrum of myself and let the incubus have that, no more problems.

> Getting an Efreeti
No thanks, as bad as being literally dicked by a demon is, being figuratively dicked by an Efreeti is 10x worse.
>>
Rolled 4 (1d11)

>>54995072
sure
>>
Rolled 5 (1d11)

>>54995072
Fuck it. Why not?
>>
>>54995115
Alright cool, in that case you can now roll me a d424.

>>54995117
And you do the same but with a d131 instead if you could.

> Captcha: CALLE Casino
Man, CALLE owns a lot of enterprises, that's the third company today.
>>
Rolled 23 (1d131)

>>54995151
Alright. Let's see where you're going with this.
>>
Rolled 217 (1d424)

>>54995151
sure thing
>>
>>54995151
>Man, CALLE owns a lot of enterprises, that's the third company today.
It pays to be diversified, anon.
>Captcha: Hotel CALLE
>>
>>54995164
>>54995252
Interesting, interesting. Let's see what could happen with this kind of interaction.

> Come on... come on...! Just a little bit further and everything would be ready.
> Szit the Chaneque (d131 anon) was lying in wait, waiting for the perfect moment to spring his trap.
> The others called him a fool for even trying such a thing, but he was certain.
> Gambainth the Jolly was going to fall right here, right now, and there was nothing he could do to stop it!
> So what if he's a Copper Dragon (d424 anon)? So what if he's lived for over 700 years? The old fool had gotten sloppy with age, and with this Szit would go down in history as one of the greatest Chaneque of all time!
> Just a few more steps through the forest and the trap will go off.
> Wait.
> No!
> What is he doing?
> Just a few feet away from the trap, Gimbainth stops, seeming to take in the scenery.
> Szit dares not move, lying in wait.
> Oh. Oh Gods no.
> He's summoning a table with a tea set.
> The bastard is going to have tea right before his downfall!
> (Hours pass)
> Szit is about to eat his wings in frustration, but everything is about to pay off. Gambainth has finished his tea, he's knitted 5 pairs of socks, and he wrote an entire dissertation on what makes rocks funny.
> With a satisfied "humph" he dispells the table, gets up... and immediately turns around! No!
> "You know little one, as good a prank as that little trap would have been, you really should have tried to hide it better from someone my height. Maybe you can try again some other time?"
> As Gambainth flies away laughing a hearty laugh, he hears Szit crying out in agony behind him.
>>
>>54995546
RIP Szit
>>
>>54995630
That was fun, anyone want to go again? If so we start back up with at least two d11 rolls.
>>
>>54994904
Would you allow relatively non-standard character concepts? Like say, someone who never existed outside the academy?
>>
>>54995630
I guess you could say Szit hit the fan

>>54995676
Sure.
>>
Rolled 10 (1d11)

>>54995676
>>
Rolled 5 (1d11)

>>54995676
>>
>>54995758
Alright sweet, I'll need a d744 from you.

>>54995781
And another d131, this should be interesting.
>>
Rolled 126 (1d744)

>>54995837
>>
>>54995870
Got it, now I just need the other one and I'll be ready to story.
>>
Rolled 22 (1d131)

>>54995837
Here you go!
>>
>>54995038
Fair, Though I'm trying to keep to one template, I don't want this thing to wind-up too OP for a lvl 2-3 party to handle; and I can only do so much padding of the story to grind exp.
>>
>>54995870
>>54996012
Ugh, what am I even supposed to do with this kind of mix? All right, whatever, here goes:

> "Celene! Come out, I need your help."
> A Celedene (d131 anon) blinks her eyes as she is brought back into existence by her Trainer, and isn't altogether thrilled at what she sees.
> It seems that her Trainer has opted to venture near a gate to Abbadon, and is currently on the run from some kind of crying child monster.
> "Master, what is that thing?"
> "Orpheus called it a Lacridaemon (d744 anon), he said it's a personification of those who have died from neglect or exposure! I don't think that one is strong enough to hurt you, but I had to get away from a whole pack of them before I summoned you, so I'm going to need you to hold it off while I Dimension Door us out of here!"
> Celene, the name given her by her idiot trainer, sighed as she stopped running and turned to face the gray-skinned, sobbing Daemon.
> This was a common occurrence, her master would often get himself into trouble trying to find new and dangerous creatures to capture, and when things to rough would summon her so as to gain access to the spells her presence granted.
> Colliding with the Daemon, she gave the creature a swipe with her claw, and while she was easily able to score a hit, there was a problem.
> "Uh, master? You might want to hurry up with that spell, my aging powers don't seem to be having any effect!"
> "Well yeah, Daemons can pretty much live forever, so they don't age. Don't worry though, just hold him off for a few more seconds and I'll get us out of here."
> Ugh, this creature stank like frozen rot and the salt of tears, and Celene could hear more coming after the sounds of commotion.
> "Master, are you going to cast it or no-"
> "ot?" Interrupted in the middle of her sentence she looked around and realized that they'd already been teleported almost a thousand feet away from where they were. She looked at him
> "We need to talk about your communication skills."
>>
My dog is napping in my lap. Tell me about your characters!

How tall is your character? Do they wish they were taller?

How often does your character swear?

What did they do before adventuring?

Why did they decide to adventure?

If they had to spend a month in a city, and they couldn't do anything related to adventuring, what would they do?

What is one embarrassing story from their past they haven't told the party?
>>
Very shit/new at pathfinder, whats the most easy and impactful spellcaster I could play?
>>
>>54997104
Wizard.
>>
File: Chibi memedog.png (79KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
Chibi memedog.png
79KB, 350x450px
>>54996954
>How tall is your character

Almost 7'.

>Do they wish they were taller?

They're a shapeshifter, moot point.

>Swearing

Frequently.

>Before adventuring

They've been "adventuring" since they were fifteen... before that, they were just a kid.

>Why did they decide to adventure?

Better than dying, better than staying in a place where you're branded as a murderer.

>Month in a city

Sleep, booze it up, work out, chill out.

>Embarrasing story

When he met his first boyfriend... and mistook the feminine man to be a woman for an entire drunken night, only learning that this androgynous cutie was a man the morning after.

It didn't help that they were on the same crew and would be stuck with each other for a /long/ time.
>>
>>54996954

>How tall is your character? Do they wish they were taller?
6'3"
She actually wishes she was shorter, it's rare in the extreme for a woman to be that tall, and it's kinda off putting to some people.

>How often does your character swear?
Quite fucking often.

>What did they do before adventuring?
All sorts of crimes, mostly thievery, racketeering, and extortion. A little assassination on the side.

The first time was in pursuit of a payday beyond her wildest dreams. The second time was because she was terrified of facing justice.

>If they had to spend a month in a city, and they couldn't do anything related to adventuring, what would they do?
Definitely depends on the city, but she'd enjoy sleeping in a proper bed, taking in a show, having a hot meal, browsing clothing shops, all the little comforts of civilization she's missed these past months.

>What is one embarrassing story from their past they haven't told the party?
Almost anything involving her first boyfriend. She was gangly and awkward, he was more so, led to some fun times.
>>
>>54996954
5' 1", and it depends. She enjoys being little spoon, but not being bullied.

She doesn't swear often because she's of the opinion that wasting words is stupid.

Before she started adventuring, she made her living as a common pickpocket to support her dying grandfather.

If she had a month in a city with no adventuring, there'd probably be a lot of sex, food, booze, and sleeping.

Her past doesn't have much embarrassment in it, aside from the time she worked as a housemaid for a while to keep from being sent to prison.
>>
>>54997192
>snowflake mode engaged
>>
>>54996954
6'2''. He's happy with his height.

Pretty often.

Got himself in all kinds of trouble. He felt very lonely as a kid and wanted to be noticed.

In addition to making a name for himself, he wants to be the man he believes his true love deserves. So, he figured the best way to do that is to become a hero/legend.

>If they had to spend a month in a city, and they couldn't do anything related to adventuring, what would they do?
For better or for worse, he'd find ways to keep himself entertained.

When he was a young lad, the other kids called him "Itchy".
>>
>>54996954
About 6', he's a beanpole and he's fine with it.

As little as he can help it. There are children present.

Brew dinky little alchemical remedies for coin, and run experiments on his own blood.

"Get a job, meet some people, just stop moping in your old room. Your dad would have been all over one of those job postings, why not try it out?"

Depends on the city. Back home? 100% be a family man and make helpful things for when he was gone. Any random city? Do a little sightseeing and... Well, keep making helpful things to make life easier back home.

If asked, nothing compared to the things the party's witnessed happen. In reality, though, he makes sure to avoid having his party meet his mother after the first time. Fucking elves, man.

the Captcha was "SANDY HOOK SANTA", I'm kind of scared now
>>
>>54996954
I want to pet the dog!
>>
I'm reading, and enjoying!

>>54997834
She's sleeping. Let her rest.
>>
>>54993209
>quantum wizard
>actually existing
Nice try.
>>
>>54998320
Friendo, that was 5 spells, tops.

A Wizard can prepare 5 spells.
>>
>>54994963
Holy shit, that video. That would be an amazing adventure, but really difficult to pull off.
>>
So I've been building a swashbuckler for my current game, where I will be the main frontline combatant (the other player taking care of the main skill monkey role).

I'm using the flying knife build using a large starknife (with effortless lace). I've taken Combat Reflexes, Weapon Focus, Starry Grace, Dynasty Founder (for story reasons) and I'm looking at where to go next.

Ricochet Toss is pretty much a definite as far as I can see. So I'll need Quick Draw as well.

Some others I'm thinking of taking are Signature Deed (Disrupting Counter or maybe Subtle Throw depending on what build path I take), Weapon Trick - One Handed (mainly just for stylish riposte).

I plan on having Fortuitous added to my starknife.

Plus planning to get a Swordmaster's Flair - Blue Scarf for reach.

So, so far so good. Building towards a lot of AoO damage in melee, and still able to throw.

My question is where to go next. Is it worth the feat tree too go Startoss when some (maybe most) encounters could be against a single opponent. To get Quick Draw quickly should I go Far Strike Monk? Or pursue Fighter in some regard? I've also been tempted by the potential of Martial Flexibility and the Devoted Muse prestige class.

Basically after 5th level I am just lost where to go.
>>
2hu BTFO again.
>>
>>54998846
>swashbuckler
>thrown weapon build
>starknife
Do try not to press every single one of /pfg/'s buttons at once next time, anon.
>>
>>54994963
Maybe either an aberrant or a ved
>>
>>54998963
Yeah I realise they are all pretty much considered suboptimal but it's been a fun class so far, and fits the swashbuckling, bright and colourful floating islands and airships campaign we got going on.
>>
>>54999012
/pfg/ doesn't do fun, it does mindless optimization. If you want real advice go to reddit, /pfg/ is already spooling up to yell at you for the next hour for taking a sub-optimal feat for in character reasons.
>>
>>54999012
Go Devoted
>>
>>54999089
Any particular reasons why and recommendations for it? I am assuming best too take Startoss then, so can use my move action for feinting while still doing as much damage as possible and Signature Deed on Subtle Throw so can do Startoss in melee as well without issue.
>>
>>54999130
No particular reason. Just seems fun. If you're going for fun over crunch, that's pretty much all I can say, since I haven't looked into it in depth. I don't really fuck with swash or starknives.
>>
>>54999202
Fair enough and yeah primarily going for fun. Just trying to mix as much as I can some optimising with the fun since I'm pretty much the main combat PC of the group.
>>
>>54998942
How has 2hu been btfo?
>>
File: 3f5.png (559KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
3f5.png
559KB, 680x382px
>>54999012
>>54999045
>>
>>54999567
His GM is BTFOing him.
>>
So what I've heard of DHB's character in Intrigue game he's the only good party member and LG on top of that. First thing he did was act like a paranoid asshile and antagonize the party.
>>
File: 1498931054353.png (248KB, 678x959px) Image search: [Google]
1498931054353.png
248KB, 678x959px
Okay, aside from Good Hope or Heroism from a Bard, what's an easy way of activating Strength’s Fanfare? I'm finding it surprisingly difficult to find a sound-based morale bonus to attack/damage.

(E.g. Inspire Courage gives a competence bonus.)
>>
So I'm thinking of making a wizard who is mainly focused on creating magical items and golems and such-like, and I'm just wondering if it's possible to do this while still being a useful party member. Or if there are skills I really need to focus on. I kinda figured UMD would be something to invest in, so I can use scrolls for any spells not available to a wizard
>>
>>54999655
Tell me more.
>>
Help me, /pfg/, you're my only hope

I'm designing a wizard's tower style dungeon and I need your help
>Floor 1: main door traps everyone inside. Massive room in the middle contains clockwork dragon. Escape through sewer grates or die. Other parts of the floor contain simple traps
>Basement: Filled with undead. Past adventurers that couldn't cut it
>Floor 2: The workshop. Constructs and traps
>Floor 3:???
>Floor 4: Arcane-magnetic heart of the tower. A troglodyte society has grown around it, trapped in the tower (yes, I stole this)
>Floor 5: A Dread Wight (wizard's former apprentice) is kept from gowing lower by a magic field. He's willing to work with the party (offering a shortcut) if they'll disable it so he can be free
>Floor 6:???
Floor 7: Surprise! It's a Lich. But he's grateful. Thinks they're just here to wake him up. Shuts them down if they try to attack and flies off on the clockwork dragon
The party is level 4 so there's no way they could take on the Lich or Clockwork Dragon

What should I put on those two levels? I am out of ideas. Also accepting general advice and critiques
>>
New thread

>>55000202
>>55000202
>>55000202
>>55000202
>>55000202
>>55000202
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.