[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ - Legion Confirmed Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 56

File: Legion Box.png (439KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
Legion Box.png
439KB, 500x517px
Previous Thread: >>54880483
Post about FFG, d6, Saga/d20, X-wing, Lego, Armada and anything else Star Wars Related

Legion announcement
>https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/8/18/star-wars-legion/

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png
Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T
Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

Will FFG introduce other factions -- scum (or subsets thereof), Clone-Wars factions, or something else -- or will Legion always be Empire and Rebellion?
>>
>>54940166
First for First Order in LEgion
>>
I'll repost my legion tldr

>You have a hand of (at game start) seven prechosen command cards which allow you to activate units in range of your comnander, or you can activate one of your units at random (drawing a random unit type token and assigning it to a unit of that type to activate), until all units have activated. Initiative is determined by comparing both players' chosen command.

>Game lasts seven turns.

>You use an Armada-style movement tool for your squad leader, and the rest of the squad goes anywhere within cohesion. Neat.

>You've got unit and upgrade cards with slots and point costs, as usual.

>Models are unpainted and unassembled.

>If it's anything like previous core sets, and based on the points costs, it looks like model count will rival 40k.
>>
>>54940256
>>You use an Armada-style movement tool for your squad leader, and the rest of the squad goes anywhere within cohesion. Neat.

I really like that mechanic. Unit movement became such a chore in 40K and Warmachine, so imprecise too.

>Game lasts seven turns.

Boo static game length

>You have a hand of (at game start) seven prechosen command cards which allow you to activate units in range of your comnander, or you can activate one of your units at random (drawing a random unit type token and assigning it to a unit of that type to activate), until all units have activated. Initiative is determined by comparing both players' chosen command.

As long as those pre-chosen command cards are selected as part of army construction that doesn't sound so bad - but does this mean I only activate 7 units during the game? Or do command cards activate multiple dudes?

>If it's anything like previous core sets, and based on the points costs, it looks like model count will rival 40k.
If it's anything like previous core sets, and based on the points costs, it looks like model count will rival 40k.

If the game is fun this could be the thing that finally kills off PP. I've been dying for a game of this scale, and this will keep me from going back to 40K.
>>
>Legion is fast and organic as you maneuver your troops around the battlefield using jointed movement tools.
>organic
>jointed movement tools
what the fuck
>>
File: rau.png (261KB, 600x405px) Image search: [Google]
rau.png
261KB, 600x405px
>>54940043
>>
File: swl01_photo_face-off.jpg (59KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
swl01_photo_face-off.jpg
59KB, 700x394px
Luke painting tutorial for Legion
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OVnCFq1j04

>Mechanics
As with all things FFG, it will use special dice, and oodles of tokens. The game does not use unit trays, but instead will have rules for unit cohesion and a commander issuing orders. It also appears there will still be movement templates of some sort. The announcement article also mentions terrain in the core set, although I expect that will be 2D punchout stuff, although I look forward to people creating terrain.

>Scale
Tutorial painter Sorastro says Luke from Legion is about 35mm tall, vs. about 30mm for Imperial Assault. (He also says some planned vehicle expansions are "spectacular.")

>Contents
The core set contains 33 figures, including Luke Skywalker, an AT-RT, and Rebel troopers for the Rebellion and Darth Vader, speeder bikes, and Stormtroopers for the Empire, with apparent variations of both factions' troopers.
>>
>>54940348
Lovely.
>>
Alright well this game looks shit, and I bought Imperial Assault only to play it once.
Anybody know any good homebrews I could play with the IA minis?
>>
>>54940346
The "move the commander, then place everyone in cohesion" point is way more organic than individually measuring troopers in my opinion.
>>
>>54940337
>As long as those pre-chosen command cards are selected as part of army construction that doesn't sound so bad - but does this mean I only activate 7 units during the game? Or do command cards activate multiple dudes?
I think you normally use random activation, but the cards are used when you need this unit to move right now.
>>
>>54940337
>As long as those pre-chosen command cards are selected as part of army construction that doesn't sound so bad - but does this mean I only activate 7 units during the game? Or do command cards activate multiple dudes?

Yes, it sounds like you choose your cards at either army creation or immediately before the game or somesuch.

No - command cards can activate multiple units, and might have various other effects.

You activate every unit every turn, but units not activated by a command card activate in a semirandom order. You pick one unit token (which are mapped to different unit types) from your pool at random, and activate a unit of that type.

The cards allow you to activate what you need when you need it.
>>
>>54940390
I disagree, I think it's far more organic to have living things move individually of each other than to have them move as a swarm
>>
>>54940392
>I think you normally use random activation, but the cards are used when you need this unit to move right now.

"Normally" relying on random activation would kill the game for me.

>>54940411
That legitimately sounds like a pretty fucking cool mechanic. I am hype as fuck. Only problem is stupid FFG dice.
>>
>>54940166
well, GW had a good run, this should be the final nail in their coffin
>>
>>54940166
I have questions on the model quality for Legion.

Are the models hard-plastic, or IA plastic-esque? Do they come on sprues, or in bags? Can someone take detail photos of the models? A side-by-side next to an IA trooper?
>>
File: IMG_20170818_130841.jpg (155KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_130841.jpg
155KB, 1024x768px
>>54940499
The major of your questions don't have answers yet
>>
>>54940499
Good question. PVC bagged models - kill me. Had enough of that with PP.

If they're polystyrene on sprues I'd be happy, but I doubt it.
>>
>>54940480
>he said, for the millionth time. And it was no truer than the last.
>>
File: uvcXi4o_d.jpg (18KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
uvcXi4o_d.jpg
18KB, 640x320px
>>54940512
>>54940499
Majority*
>>
File: 453623455.jpg (307KB, 744x846px) Image search: [Google]
453623455.jpg
307KB, 744x846px
>Star Wars

I'll try throwing out one shitty Star Wars game after another. That's a good trick! He was a good friend.
>>
File: 1482198698476.jpg (165KB, 1600x912px) Image search: [Google]
1482198698476.jpg
165KB, 1600x912px
Soo hyped. Wonder if they will do scum eventually. Also really want the hover tank and At-ATs
>>
File: SW-Legion-01.jpg (129KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
SW-Legion-01.jpg
129KB, 900x675px
>>54940551
Vehicles seem to have arcs of some sort
>>
>>54940462
It works fine for Bolt Action. My guess is

>Each unit comes with a token - at the start of the turn, you put all these into a cup or bag, and pull them without looking, then activate them.
>You can use a Command Card to activate certain units, grabbing their tokens out of the bag so you don't have them activate more than once.
>At the end of the turn, put them all back in the bag
>>
>>54940601
probably a different movement template
>>
File: sw-legion-02.jpg (137KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
sw-legion-02.jpg
137KB, 900x675px
>>54940601
That's all I got, don't think anybody's seen unpainted models or unboxing or the "terrain" yet
>>
>>54940619
Possibly, but note that the speeder has four arcs, but the walker only two. The slots do seem meant for the template, controlling facing.
>>54940621

>>54940614
Yes exactly this is correct
>>
>>54940639
>>54940614
Wait no, not exactly this is correct.

That's how it works, but tokens are by unit TYPE, not by unit. So you have some control over the RNG.
>>
I am predicting this now

3 years from now they will introduce huge models like AT-ATs, equivalent in scale to PP huge bases or imperial knights, and the player base will complain about how their introduction ruined the game.
>>
>>54940639
Actually now that I look closer maybe the walker does have four arcs.
>>
I'm only just learning about this, and I'm pretty fucking hype.
>>
>>54940480
My issue is I have
>Infinity
>40k
>Chain of Command/Bolt Action
>Warmahordes
>Guildball
>other games but they have no local community
Why should I buy something for this game instead of adding to a game of similar scale/scope I already own, or god forbid one of the 20+ actively supported games just like this? The market is so fucking congested with decades-established juggernaughts.
>>
>>54940658

I give it 1 year not 3 before the introduction of AT-AT's and Salvaged Juggernauts for Rebels.

3 years is where I put the Scum factions introduction.
>>
>>54940686
I mean it was only published two hours ago so

I'm pretty hype too desu, "what if FFG unfucked 40k's rules" is a wet dream

>>54940705
>Salvaged Juggernauts for Rebels.
Is this a thing? Are there pictures?
>>
>>54940649
Ah that's a nice mix. Bolt Action makes it entirely up to you - you pull a die of your color and you can activate ANY unit in your army. Making it work on unit types(I expect Troop - Hero - Vehicle) would be a nice midpoint between "do what you like" and "do exactly this"

>>54940686
Everyone is, it just now got announced.
>>
>>54940696
For me? I'm looking to replace warmahordes as the community has imploded in the wake of Mk3. I'd start 40K but frankly the rules are still terrible.

This looks to be the scale of 40K and an IP that will be easy to convert my non-mini-playing friends to. Looks legitimately fun, or at leasty enough to invest in the core set.

Games like Infinity and GB are really fun but I've been craving a game of this scale.
>>
>>54940757
>an IP that will be easy to convert my non-mini-playing friends to
This is the real strength of Star Wars games desu, and the reason I think Legion has a chance to get big.That's why X-Wing worked, after all
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/13735695

Vote, five is most hype
>>
>>54940714
The Rebels have used Juggernauts in a few video games, Galactic Battlegrounds and Empire at War.
>>
>>54940658
>Not wanting to rappel out of a U-Wing directly onto an AT-AT so you can blast through the thin top armor, board it, and take it over from the inside
>>
>>54940705
Even a year is more than I expect. I bet it's one of the first expansions within months of release. We all know they're itching to do it because they know people are itching to have it. It would be a huge selling point for the game, smart to get them out there early.
>>
>>54940696
>Why should I buy something for this game instead of adding to a game of similar scale/scope I already own
Star Wars
which means
-big playerbase that is going to bring in people who usually don't play wargames
-continued support
-rich lore
>>
>>54940960
Maybe - the AT-AT kit would be a huge expenditure though, because it would probably be at least the size of a Warhound Titan. FFG's accounts would have to show that big kits for Legion sell in the first place.

I expect the AT-ST will be the acid test to see if the AT-AT is doable.
>>
>>54940960
I think that'd be too big a jump all at once. I bet it's around a year, in the second or third wave depending how quickly they do waves.

Keep in mind they have to release new commanders, troop options, anti-vehicle troops, etc. I bet the first wave of new stuff is alternate commanders and infantry, second is more light vehicles, and third is bigger stuff.
>>
Wishlist for Legion?
>>
>>54940166

God-fucking-damnit FFG.

Now this winter I'm going to be dropping money on

>the Fallout boardgame
>the new Civilization boardgame
>Twilight Imperium 4th Edition
>Genesys
>Wave XII of X-Wing

And now this, too.

And all after I just dropped $300+ on the aSoIaF Kickstarter.
>>
>>54941048
>Total faction list
Galactic Empire
Rebel Alliance
Trade Federation
Galactic Republic
Resistance/New Republic
First Order
Scum of The Galaxy(many subfactions)
>>
>>54941015
>>54940984
Also I expect we'll see normal vehicles well before anything that huge.

>>54941048
Prequels
Sequels
"Scum" that can be hired by either faction but aren't one in and of themselves
Terrain kits
H o v er t a n k s

I'm gonna break my usual rebel inclinations and go Empire for once so I want big toys
>>
File: 1502992766365.jpg (391KB, 1768x1313px) Image search: [Google]
1502992766365.jpg
391KB, 1768x1313px
>>54941048
Clone Wars
>>
>>54941078
It's not out until next year
>>
>>54941097
>Clone Wars
God yes
>>54941093
>Terrain
I fucking wish
>>54941092
>Multiple-timeline factions
Would be really cool but so unlikely. Which probably means no clones.
>>
>>54941172
The box states it comes with terrain, so it's not impossible.

Ultimately though Star Wars terrain is available at your local target if you shop around for the right scale.
>>
Everyone who bought Imperial Assault proved to FFG that this was financially viable

Your sacrifice was not in vain
>>
>>54940480
>poorfags keep dreaming and GW is rolling over FFG on all fronts ....
>>
>>54940480
GW is back with Necromunda and 8E (and soon BFG).
>>
>>54941207
>The box states it comes with terrain
Sure it's not like Rune Wars terrain? I.e cardboard area terrain?
>>
>>54941224
It has also proved to me and my friends that Imperial Assault is a lot of fun, both as a skirmish game and for campaigns. The only minis game with a larger or more active player base at my FLGS is X-Wing.
>>
>>54941283
No, it probably is.

But the possibility that they'll sell terrain exists as nonzero.
>>
>>54941290
I suppose.
Their tables looked really cool.
>>
>>54941290

I mean the possibilities for cool star wars terrain are pretty varied, so they'd be nuts to not capitalise on that.
>>
The thing that scares me the most about this whole thing is that it's a licensed product. All it takes is Disney clipping the string and then the whole fucking thing is dead.
>>
>>54941325
Yeah that's part of my reasoning.

They know games like SWL and Runewars need terrain to function and to look good on a table, and they know SWL is positioned to bring in people new to tabletop wargames.

>>54941359
But why would that happen? It's a goldmine.
>>
>>54941373
They have officially stated that they aren't going to release terrain for Runewars though.
>>
>>54941338
I could envision themed playsets. A Tattoine box of terrain (moisture farms, etc) with some upgrade cards and an alternate Luke commander or something. A Scarif kit with commander Krennec and palm trees. So on and so forth.
>>
>>54941373
Disney has a change of heart? and it's not a goldmine. it's still a niche product which will make pennies in comparison to other uses of the i.p. it will have to pull in megabucks over a long period to make disney leave it alone
>>
>>54941396
Oh is that true? Source?
>>
>>54941261
and ffg has the star wars IP

gw vs star wars? who do you think is going to win that one?
>>
>>54941423
It's a goldmine relative to its Niche, and Disney mostly understands Niche products.
>>
>>54941423
>'s not a goldmine. it's still a niche product which will make pennies in comparison to other uses of the i.p. it will have to pull in megabucks over a long period to make disney leave it alone

FFG having the license doesn't preclude other uses of the IP. Hasbro owns the license to sell board games, for example. Disney can split it up as they wish.

The only reasons to revoke FFG's license would be if FFG is abusing it somehow (0% chance), there's another company who could make more money off the same types of products (0% chance), FFG's use of the license isn't profitable (0% chance), or Disney decides having no Star Wars tabletop games is superior to having them (close to 0% chance).
>>
>>54941457
hm, we'll see. i have no interest in investing in a game that could be yanked into non existance without a moments notice. especially when it's owned by a company like disney.
>>
>>54941436
GW certainly isn't going to loose or go out of business.
>>
Also, an entire army that's required to be painted almost exclusively in white...
>>
>>54940499
I want to know this too- i bought into IA, but the model quality was kinda 'meh'- i'd really want better detailing and stiffer plastic.

Ideally the scale is the same so that I can use IA models as filler though.
>>
>>54941544
How's that different from IA?

Also you can paint them however you want, they're your toys.

>>54941559
The scale seems to be *slightly* larger than IA, but close enough that you could proxy fine.
>>
>>54941544
Would have been better if it was set in the clone wars era. Custom painted clones speak for themselves.
>>
If it's like past games, then two core sets will be slightly smaller than the intended points level.

That's pretty decently sized, in my opinion. Fast movement makes me excited.
>>
>>54941609
>>54941544
If they don't release distinct rules for Death Troopers, black is always an option for them.
>>
>>54941609
please. star wars fag are almost as bad as historical gamers in terms of having things as accurate as possible.
>>
>>54940696
I like star wars shit... I think a lot of people will get in just for that. I think it'll get a lot of people into miniatures.

I also never got to play the really old Star Wars miniature game, so I want to make up for lost time.
>>
File: Alt paint.jpg (817KB, 2986x2395px) Image search: [Google]
Alt paint.jpg
817KB, 2986x2395px
>>54941544
You mean black, right?
>>
>>54941474
>Hasbro owns the license to sell board games, for example
Isn't Rebellion a board game? Or is the license just not exclusive, like with old SW computer games?
>>
If they put in a bounty hunter squad, maybe with some mandalorian bullshit, I'd jump on that game so quick.

But I'll enjoy panting Stormtroopers in silly colors as I wait.
>>
>>54941727
IA and Rebellion are both board games. (That's why you can't buy them on FFG's website).

Who knows why they can make them in the first place, maybe they struck a deal with Hasbro.
>>
>>54941668
I wouldn't play against someone with non-white stormtroopers. In extreme circumstances I can accept a single stripe of a different colour.
>>
>>54941784
>>54941748
Pink Stormtroopers are going to be a thing (not as bad as the every-panel-a-different-color desu) and the triggering will be fantastic.
>>
>>54941800
In a game I ran, the players picked pink as their color for their clone trooper company.
>>
File: Imminent Death Approaching.png (307KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Imminent Death Approaching.png
307KB, 512x384px
So fukken HYPE to be able to run pic related soon(tm)
>>
>>54941876
Aw yeah son!
Going to run decimators and gunboats for that slick grey imperial look
>>
File: ICbEVeX.jpg (44KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
ICbEVeX.jpg
44KB, 720x405px
!!!
>>
File: Star_wars_miniatures_battles.jpg (968KB, 1066x1268px) Image search: [Google]
Star_wars_miniatures_battles.jpg
968KB, 1066x1268px
>fantasy flight
Haha. Nah, I'm good. After IA, the LCG and Destiny, I think I'll pass on the Disney Wars shite.
>>
File: 1433926749377.jpg (95KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1433926749377.jpg
95KB, 1920x816px
Why does FFG continue to put games in the OT era? The PT is king of the ground battles too.
>>
where is my wave xii article ffg, move your lazy asses
>>
>>54941876
>>54941924
>>54941999
Well, it would LOOK like a Gunboat and fly about as slow, but the ordinance mix and SLAM JAM sure seems a lot more like the Missile boat.
>>
>only two factions
Worry.jpg
It's what killed off Runewars my local store.
>>
>>54942153
Runewars has ~4 factions I thought?

And I'm sure mercenaries will show up soon.
>>
>>54942170
At release and a few months it was only two factions.
>>
>>54942104
>people wanting and wondering were the prequel stuff was for Battlefront
>nearly all video games without prequel content are hastily injecting it in currently

>legion forum filled with whining about mini scale instead

we probably won't even get a cw book for eote/aor/fad
>>
>>54942269
There may be hope. Destiny has clone wars stuff. and for the RPG they are starting to release Era books.
>>
Is there any reason to take the Overwhelm Emotions talent from Force-sensitive Exile if you plan to take the Influence Power? It just seems like a jankier version of the Control upgrade of Influence that allows you to add force dice to social checks, and as far as I know, they don't stack.
>>
>>54940166
Are the models hard plastic, resin, IA-eque plastic, or mantic-esque restic?

That's the one thing I really need to know.
>>
>>54941048
Imperial Commandos
Dark Troopers
Gungan faction
Wookiee vehicles
Wraith Squadron
CIS
GAR
Kyle Katarn
Jerec and his miniboss team
TIE Mauler
TIE Crawler
>>
>>54942571
Probably hard plastic like Age of Sig- I mean Rune Wars.
>>
File: Legion.jpg (924KB, 768x751px) Image search: [Google]
Legion.jpg
924KB, 768x751px
>>54941048
>Death Troopers
>Storm Commandos
>Shore Troopers
>Wookie squads
>Sullustan squads
>Mon Cal squads
>Hover Tanks
>E-Webs
>pic fucking related
>>
>>54942745
>>
>>54942794
fuck!
saved
>>
>>54942794
Holy shit dude! saved for future use
>>
>>54940414
"Organic" as in "feels natural while playing"

Bringing out the tape-ruler for every unit is what brought me away from anything large scale, so heh. I'm not too much into Legion, but I'll keep an eye on the news.
>>
>>54942794
>>
>>54942976
I see what you're saying, maybe it's just a preference thing. To me, the more control you have over a unit (within reason, of course, obviously if it's super rule-heavy that's a no-go), it usually feels more organic than following a strict distance (if I'm understanding what this is).
>>
>>54942996
saved
>>
The problem with this game is as always FFG policy.

2 factions for starters
Subpar sculpts
Cards Cards Cards
Tools for simple things like movement
Special dice

Ok so think now - 8ed is huge success Necromunda is around the corner

I would have to be blown away but great mechanics to even consider going into this

Oh AND most important thing - tournament setting - either the game will be balanced and not prone to "tricks" like Armada and X-Wing is or it will die a fast and horrible death.

X-wing is so popular because it's very cheap to get into and bears no risk - if you want you can easily sell it - Legion needs painting assembling and so on. On top of that, I really feel that old trilogy is the only one worth mentioning and new stuff is just meh - other sci fi shows are much better.
>>
>>54941097
>that walker
fug, this might be siphoning funds from my warhamalam if they add it
>>
>>54943036
yeah if it weren't for these main issues:
>i just bought IA and didn't care for it
>tools to move? what the fuck
>cards everywhere
>probably disneyshit on the horizon
i'd be way more interested. in fact, i like the sculpts, although they seem to be larger than the IA ones. i'll probably just end up doing a quick homebrew to use the IA models with
>>
>>54943019
From what I've got, you have a "unit commander" that follows standard movement, and all his squadmates can be placed anywhere inside his command range.

Got the potential to be pretty slick, let's see how they handle it.
>>
>>54942794
Kek.

>>54942603
>>54942745
I'm guessing current IA models might get ported over.
I want me some Dewbacks and ISB agents.

Newer IA stuff tends to have better detail anyways.
>>
Oh also shadespire from GW is going to be new hearthstone for a miniature game so why get involved in another system that they will drop?

If they did such game is L5R with nice minis it would sell like hot cookies!
>>
>>54942976
>Bringing out the tape-ruler for every unit is what brought me away from anything large scale

That's what is cool about this system. You have one jointed movement tool, and you use it only once per squad. Time spent measuring and nailing down exact inches is mitigated.

>>54943036
>Tools for simple things like movement

Movement is both the most important and most time consuming aspect of tabletop wargames and having a tool for it is one of FFG's strongest points.

>either the game will be balanced and not prone to "tricks" like Armada and X-Wing is or it will die a fast and horrible death.

What ''""tricks""" is Armada prone to? The Armada tournament scene is extremely varied.
>>
Where are my Clone Wars, FFG?

See all the prequel monies:
https://streamable.com/ter14
?
>>
>>54942170
The third faction JUST released. Still waiting on the fourth.
>>
>>54943200
I think the wording of the post implies that armada is not prone to tricks
>>
>>54943200
Movement on table with 3d terrain with a tool? Other than normal measuring stick - sure anon will work ...
>>
File: Kyle.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Kyle.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
>>54942603
>>Kyle Katarn
Please FFG make it happen. He's perfect for this kind of game.
>>
>>54940166
If armada has a measuring tool, but the game also uses 3d terrain, how will that work? Height stats for terrain?
>>
>>54943421
Armada's measuring tool was also garbage.
>>
>>54943457
This is objectively incorrect

>>54943421
If I had to guess I'd say you just eyeball it, but who knows.

The game has multiple manuever tools of different lengths and there may be other stuff we don't know yet.
>>
I don't know anything about this system or company but these models look dope
>>
So WHY did they release a painting tutorial for a model that won't be released until next year?

If they had it done and sitting around may as well put it out for the general welfare, people painting IA, etc, but it's still weird
>>
>>54942269
AoR's gotten a pretty good number of clone wars vehicles. Just look at FiB.
>>
File: IMG_20170818_182723.jpg (433KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_182723.jpg
433KB, 2048x1152px
FFG really loves their weird dice
>>
File: IMG_20170818_182708.jpg (201KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_182708.jpg
201KB, 768x1024px
>>54943687
Mustafar? Do I dare to Dream?
>>
>>54943687
>D6 and D8 together
>>
File: IMG_20170818_182710.jpg (158KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_182710.jpg
158KB, 768x1024px
>>54943776
There's also Tattoine
>>
File: IMG_20170818_183731.jpg (385KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_183731.jpg
385KB, 2048x1152px
>>54943789
And more
>>
File: sullust_11.jpg (941KB, 2400x1266px) Image search: [Google]
sullust_11.jpg
941KB, 2400x1266px
>>54943776
I'd say Sullust.
>>
File: IMG_20170818_183917.jpg (264KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_183917.jpg
264KB, 2048x1152px
>>54943862
The movement tool
>>
File: IMG_20170818_183952.jpg (282KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_183952.jpg
282KB, 2048x1152px
>>54943898
Luke stats
>>
File: IMG_20170818_184028.jpg (241KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_184028.jpg
241KB, 2048x1152px
>>54943905
Rebel stats
>>
>>54941048
The Yuuzhan Vong as a faction.
>>
File: IMG_20170818_184147.jpg (226KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_184147.jpg
226KB, 2048x1152px
>>54943905
Note that Luke's card mentions terrain height

>>54943921
Some stormtrooper upgrades (note upgrade that adds models)
>>
>>54943776
I know FFG center had some crazy cool 40k terrain on their tables- did they re-use it for this demo?
>>54940166

Since we know Stormtroopers cost 11 points (squads of 4 or more) and Vader costs 200, how many points do you think the standard game size will be? Force organization requirements?
>>
>>54943898
all the other minis are cool and all but for some reason this rebel dude sticks out to me
>>
>>54943953
HAHAHA good luck mate. never gonna happen unfortunately
>>
>>54943968

A lot of this stuff looks very star warsy, custom made.
>>
File: IMG_20170818_184423.jpg (156KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_184423.jpg
156KB, 1024x768px
>>54943957
Vader stats
>>
File: IMG_20170818_184421.jpg (144KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_184421.jpg
144KB, 1024x768px
>>54944023
Stormtrooper stats but more readable this time
>>
>>54940166
Calling it now, the first expansion for Legion will be Scarif- that's why they used the Rogue 1 font for the cover art. Get ready for Death Troopers by next June.

Will they have air support in this game? A 32mm scale TIE Striker or TIE Interceptor would be great.
>>
File: 1470148091928.png (558KB, 502x674px) Image search: [Google]
1470148091928.png
558KB, 502x674px
>>54944004
I still dare to dream. I still want them in the video games too. My dream game back in high school was a Battlefront 1 and 2 sequel with them and other EU stuff in it instead of just the movie battles.
>>
File: IMG_20170818_184917.jpg (183KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170818_184917.jpg
183KB, 2048x1152px
>>54944035
The rebel in the walker has his own backup gun for some reason
>>
>>54943921
>>54943905
>>54943957
>>54944023

Shit, this looks like exactly what I wanted out of this sort of game, except for the scaling. Range and movement, different dice for different attack, upgrades, abilities which are both unique and generic. My wallet will not take this.
>>
>>54943968
It's quite possible the base stormtrooper squad costs less than 11pts per model to discourage MSU.
>>
>>54943905
>>54943921
>>54943957
So going by this we've got a fair amount of information.
Left side lists faction then points cost for the unit then the upgrades they can fit. Stormtrooper one hints at what most of the symbols mean for them, only question now is what the star symbol on Luke means. Probably force powers.

We have all the abilities in the center, on the top right is the units in the squad. Middle right has defence dice, I'm gonna bet that the yellow is how much you roll to dodge and the green is health. the symbol underneath that might indicate that whenever you roll that result you treat it as the other result? but I'm only guessing on that one. little symbol underneath that (the 2 active red lights and one off) could mean damn well anything. Going by >>54944023 it does mean something though. Then we also get the various weapon stats. Gonna bet pierce 3 involves going through defence dice, which is why the heroes are immune to it. we also see red black and white dice. gonna bet red is the best, followed by black, followed by white. The range on the weapons might be the movement tool straightened out, or another measuring style.
>>
>>54944035

>only imperial stormtroopers can be this precise

>>54944067

Do we have his card? Maybe he has a different attack effect for the RT's gun vs his own.
>>
>>54944067
For An Heroing.

>>54944035
>>54944023
Do you think that this game will be commonly played at 1k or 2k points? 1500?

The core set for Empire is going to be (15x11)+200, or 365, before scout bikes and upgrades- we also have only seen one upgrade so far- the unit size upgrade for Stormtroopers.

So i'm leaning to 1k or 1500 points as standard- depends on how expensive Missile Launchers and heavy blasters are.

Inb4 2k being standard and AT-AT's being a thing.
>>
>>54941999
So correct me if I'm wrong, but that appears to be an action bar of Focus, Target Lock, Slam, and what appears to be a Reload? That last icon looks like a bullet with a circle around it and that last reference card looks like it says Reload Action. Maybe as an action you can flip over discarded upgrades?
>>
>>54944130
I'm guessing core set is 500 points per side, each player owns one and splits = 1000 total.

Then a bump to 1500 or 2000 once some expansions hit.
>>
>>54944086
We can see that a squad of 4 costs 44 and a single trooper can be added for 11. No MSU point changes for stormtroopers.
>>
File: swl01_upgrade_long_range_comm.png (117KB, 200x309px) Image search: [Google]
swl01_upgrade_long_range_comm.png
117KB, 200x309px
>>54944130
>- we also have only seen one upgrade so far- the unit size upgrade for Stormtroopers.

There is that, these three
>>54943957

And pic related.
>>
>>54944179
Ah, right.

Although the upgrade system discourages MSU in and of itself (upgrades are flat price) and probably so does the activation system.

Wonder if it's move - shoot, shoot - move, or either.
>>
>>54944150

Oh, were you not here for last thread?

Yeah, both the Kimogila and Gunboat have a new "Reload" action and Jam Tokens, as well as some weapon disabled tokens, and Reload is visible on the reference card and is related to Jam tokens. Other than that, we don't know, but it does appear that you can use the Reload action to recover spent ordnance.

The Gunboat has SLAM action and comes with Advanced SLAM in box. Are you ready to SLAM and JAM?

Assault Configuration gives a cannon upgrade and appears to allow you to use Cannons which cost 2 points or less while you have weapons disabled, which means there are multiple ways to SLAM und JAM
>>
>>54944157
If core is 500 per side after upgrades, than double-core is 800 per side, since you can't have 2 Darth Vaders.

Does anyone have any images of anything rules-related? Other unit cards?
>>
>>54944216

>recover spent ordnance

So, what, torps and missiles might actually be worth something now?
Wonder if we'll ever get access to that on other ships.
>>
>>54944203
you get two actions, and you can either move move or shoot move for sure. You might even be able to double tap if you stand still.
>>
>>54944183
>>54943957

So, what upgrade icons can we see so far? There's some kind of comms upgrade, and some other kind of gear upgrade (the scope), Vader and Luke clearly have Force Power related slots, there's a grenade slot, and both the generic troopers seem to have some kind of regular like "soldier" or team upgrade to add more of their own, I think, and then a "heavy" or elite type soldier for like the DLT guy
>>
File: swl01_unit_card_callout.jpg (23KB, 700x416px) Image search: [Google]
swl01_unit_card_callout.jpg
23KB, 700x416px
All becomes clear
>>
File: swl01_upgrade_jedi_mind_trick.png (108KB, 200x309px) Image search: [Google]
swl01_upgrade_jedi_mind_trick.png
108KB, 200x309px
>>54944282
>>
>>54944246
I guess its a way to make people willing to take torps/missiles without having to give the ship an extra torpedo slot for EM or shackling the mod slot to chips?
>>
File: swl07_pieces.png (740KB, 719x618px) Image search: [Google]
swl07_pieces.png
740KB, 719x618px
>>54944305
>>
>>54941048
Zann Consortium.
>>
>>54944246

Torps and Missiles have been worth taking since EM and GC, just it looks like Reload is broadening the field on what is worth taking on.

I'd say it seems like FFG has been building to a codified action, between Scavenger Crane, the Syck pilot ability and then unlimited bombs and missiles - Reload is probably the single generic rule for all that.

If it's good and works, it'll be added to older ships via titles (Like maybe a TIE/IT title), mods and generic crew (such as maybe with the Resistance Bomber?)
>>
File: swl01_cardfan3.png (700KB, 718x617px) Image search: [Google]
swl01_cardfan3.png
700KB, 718x617px
>>54944345
Those are command cards, by the by

The dots represent turn order, player with fewer dots on their played command that turn has first activation, then you can activate the number of units listed (within commander's range) and some have effects

Here's some upgrades
>>
>>54944305
>light side only

PLS NO
>>
>>54944381
The website lists a Q4 2017 release date so who knows

>>54944101
You roll one die to dodge per hit, period. Excess damage is soaked by armor or cover, then hits you.

Yellow is presumably armor, maybe.
>>
>>54944282
>Weapons
>Unarmed or blaster rifle
>Stormtroopers don't get issued knives or bayonets in FFG's Empire
>>
>>54944305

>Light Side

Ooh, that's an interesting caveat. Not Rebel or Imperial "Light Side". Maybe we Destiny factions.
>>
>>54944400
Don't worry. Dark side will get dominate a la ezra s3 ep1.
>>
>>54944423
Have we ever seen a stormtrooper with a knife or bayonet in a movie or show?
>>
>>54944406
yellow being armor would make sense, yeah. Though that has weird implications where Luke has 3 and Vader has 0.
>>
>>54944423

They do in the RPG. Might be an LFL thing, we don't see them carrying knives a lot on screen, as it were.
>>
>>54944400
Eh, it's fitting. I mean, dark siders really don't do the whole "trickery" thing anyway - they usually go for straight domination or otherwise use non-Force deception.

Vader himself says that mind tricks are not of the dark side in one of the canon comics.
>>
>>54944448
That's what gave me pause as well.

>>54944463
Suppression tokens eventually cause moral breaks if you build up enough
>>
>>54944448

Might be for balance, he has more HP and a defensive ability.
>>
>>54944427
No, I think they went full retard and there will be two fractions "good guys" and "bad guys"
>>
>>54944478
They both have Deflect and Immune: Pierce.
>>
where are those pictures from, btw?
>>
>>54944482
You got something to say to me, bud?
>>
>>54944511

Oh shit he does, I didn't even see it since it wasn't at the top like with Vader. Actually looking at it, I'm not seeing inherently Vader's advantages over Luke. Luke has a ranged attack, he can move and stab with Charge, he can jump to clear terrain. He has less health but 3 yellows whatever those are and looks like better speed.

Vader has presumably the better attack dice on his saber, and he has three force slots, I guess Force Powers must be very good then since his kit seems to be him slowly trudging toward enemies while being able to ready the powers (which looking at Mind Trick I assume will tap to deplete)
>>
Standard game is confirmed to be 800.

>>54944282
So what do the dice odds look like?

Stormtroopers and rebel troopers both punch with 1 black die, but the rebel troopers shoot black, and stormtroopers shoot white- and Vader's saber is 4 red dice, luke's saber is 4 black. A minigun is 6 white.

My question is if black is the better die, why do stormtroopers punch harder than their guns shoot?
>>
>>54944590
if the red dice deal more damage, Vader might be decent. Getting to do 2 moves and each time you move swinging the saber would be good for slicing guys up, and it has an additional pierce over luke's saber on top of it and presumably an extra impact (whatever that is)
on top of that if there's a force power ranged attack Vader can do it for free after moving, while luke is limited to a melee swing after a move. I guess force powers must be bullshit.
>>
>random activation
Oh dear
I don't like this at all
Why on Earth would they do this
>>
>>54944512
Which

>>54944482
It's a trade-off. Two factions means more options per faction, makes it easier to include prequel era stuff without spending 2 waves giving them enough models to compare.

>>54944590
They've both got identical defense abilities (aside from whatever yellow is and whatever the icons mean, of which Vader has none). They can both swing after moving. (Vader's ability is named differently because it isn't restricted to melee because he doesn't have a gun). Vader has more health.

Luke has speed two vs Vader's one, and a ranged weapon. Vader has presumably better dice color, and better weapon keywords.

Vader can double-tap a force power, presumably; whereas Luke can ignore terrain of height 1.

Luke is much cheaper and has a weapon accessory slot instead of a third force power.

Also, the ability Deflect is the same as the icons on the rebel trooper card. Hmm hmm.

>>54944670
Vader using MotF to untap Choke and using it twice kills two Rebel troopers a turn, before he swings his weapon (assuming he can do both).

>>54944654
To represent odds of hitting? Stormtroopers aren't gonna miss punching a guy but shooting distant targets is harder. Just a guess.
>>
>>54944699
It's only somewhat random.

You can activate units near your commander via your command card, or activate a random troop *type*. Within that *type* it's whichever unit you want.
>>
>>54944713
But their guns somehow hurt less than punching? I was looking forward to running forward and gunning down rebel scum, but if Vader moves at half speed, and troopers don't kill things with their guns...

I might wait for Death Troopers or whatever Stormtrooper Elite they inevitably release.
>>
>>54944777
If the icon represents a critical ability like I think it does, and based on the dice as seen here:
>>54944345
Then it may be the case their white dude is superior to their black die due to the icon upgrading it or something
>>
File: TFUstormtroopers.jpg (85KB, 922x692px) Image search: [Google]
TFUstormtroopers.jpg
85KB, 922x692px
>>54941544
>implying
>>
>>54941048
Lots of factions from lots of eras.
Real 3D terrain.
Vehicles at proper scale (even if that means no AT-AT).
Well-balanced rules.
A 4'x8' battlefield.
>>
>>54945147
>4'x8' battlefield.

why do you hate FLGS?
>>
>>54943957

>Stormtroopers getting the Precise trait

HA
>>
>>54945164
>this wasn't sand people, the blaster strikes are too precise
>>
>>54945178

You know, I've never been sure if Obi-Wan wasn't just taking the piss or being sarcastic when he said that, or just being REALLY insulting to Sand People.
>>
>>54945248
>sand """people"""
>>
>>54945178
>the Emperor us very proud to announce that during this year Galactic Olympics his best soilders managed to best the FUCKING SAND PEOPLE at shooting
>>
>>54945276
Lad, you try hitting a pod racer going full tilt with a slugthrower that's probably never seen an oil bath in its life.
>>
File: DHiPEyyWsAAXK_y.jpg (18KB, 680x340px) Image search: [Google]
DHiPEyyWsAAXK_y.jpg
18KB, 680x340px
>>54940166
So for the new Legion scale, i heard it's actually the same- Legion is just giving us a new model- Bigger Luke, whereas IA uses Luke Prime for design reference.

Bigger Luke on the Left, Luke Prime on the right.

http://biggerluke.wikidot.com/bigger-luke
>>
reposting interesting parts of beasts of war demo writeup

>First off we wanted to talk with you guys about the miniatures that you get in the box. They stand at around 32mm in height, so a little taller than the ones that you get in Imperial Assault.

>The miniatures themselves are similar to the ones you would have got in RuneWars. They can be slotted together/glued together and then painted yourself, but there’s no reason to do that if you don’t feel like it.

>Shooting is also simple enough. You check the weapon profiles for each and take the corresponding dice. Much like with games like X-Wing you have hits, critical hits and then special symbols which may activate dependant on your unit and/or hero.

>Two of the other actions you can take are to Dodge and Aim. Aim allows you to re-roll any dice you want when shooting, whilst Dodge allows you to re-roll your defence dice – this can be critical as we found out when the poor Rebels got shot to hell by Stormtroopers!

>The game itself is said to scale really well, from skirmishing around with a few units to full on battles with 1000 point armies (oh yeah, that’s the tournament level they’re aiming for!).

>It also plays out on 6′ by 3′ gaming spaces so they are anticipating that people are going to be expanding on their collections.

>Talking of collections – yes, there is an “aggressive release schedule” for the game after its launch later this year.
>>
>>54945349
kek.

>>54944818
If white dice are better at killing infantry, then that rebel minigun better be hella expensive.
>>
>>54945490
But does the rebel trooper have the same icon? I don't think it does

If it's anything like Armada, then stormtroopers hit on 6/8 sides but the minigun only hits on 4/8 or something
>>
>>54945504
I guess it probably is akin to focus results on Xwing dice- What the fuck is up with the rebel troopers then? better ability to doge shots?

If yellow is defense, why does vader have worse armor than luke?

Anyways, looking at the point costs for empire-

They have 2 24 point troopers, 2 34 point troopers, 10 11 point troopers, Vader, and 2 bikes. That's 426 points plus 2 bikes- I'll assume that they are 37 each because that makes the core set for empire a clean 500 before non-model upgrades.

Rebels have what looks like 2 minigun troopers, 2 grenade launcher troopers, 10 10-point troopers, a 160 point Luke, and the walker- I'd estimate the rebels also hit 500 before upgrades.

The question remains then- Is the game 800 standard or 1k? I've heard people who claim to have been at gencon to try the demo say both.
>>
>>54943776

Its over for those rebel scum. the Empire has the high ground!
>>
>>54945626
>I guess it probably is akin to focus results on Xwing dice- What the fuck is up with the rebel troopers then? better ability to doge shots?

I think so, yes, based on:
1. Their ability, Nimble, being a defensive parallel to Precise
2. Their icons matching the Deflect ability's text

>>54945626
>The question remains then- Is the game 800 standard or 1k? I've heard people who claim to have been at gencon to try the demo say both.

Maybe the core set game is 800 and tournament standard is 1k, like how Armada's core set is 300 but was bumped to 400 after expansions dropped.
>>
What is the largest blaster bolt that could be deflected by a lightsaber?
>>
>>54945807
depends on if you're using the largest lightsaber or not
>>
>>54945807
Vader and Palpatine both deflect bolts from a shuttle's laser cannons in Lords of the Sith - the bolts impacts are apparently strong enough to shove them back a decent ways.

I don't recall if Vader did it in Rebels or in the main Star Wars comic, but in Legends Luke deflected bolts from an AT-AT's guns in Dark Empire. But that was kind of a wacky story with really out there power levels way beyond the average.
>>
>>54945889
Could a light saber for an average human sized being block a shot from a TIE, for example?
>>
>>54945920
Absolutely. This is done all the time.
>>
>>54945920
hmmm.... yeah probably i think, maybe not
>>
>>54945932
>all the time
Share your sources?

What sort of weapon would be too powerful to be blocked?
>>
>>54945973
I literally just provided a canon source for Darth Vader stopping bolts from a shuttle. Lords of the Sith.

I'm like 90% certain that Kanan blocked blaster bolts from a TIE Fighter at some point, standing on top of the Ghost as it's being pursued in-atmo.

Plo Koon might have done something similar in an episode of TCW when he had to do a spacewalk on the outside of a ship, though I might be misremembering the episode and it might have just been regular droids, not droid starfighters.
>>
>>54946066
>Plo Koon might have done something similar in an episode of TCW when he had to do a spacewalk on the outside of a ship, though I might be misremembering the episode and it might have just been regular droids, not droid starfighters.
I'm pretty sure that was just B-1s or maybe B-2s with jetpacks.
>>
>>54945160
Because I know from Runewars that 3x6 provides very little maneuvering room. I could live with 4x4 for relatively small games, though.

Every LGS I've been to that is serious about wargaming has 4'-wide tables for it. Even my FLGS, where true wargames are almost nonexistant has a 4x9 table up front.
>>
>>54946147
>Every LGS I've been to that is serious about wargaming has 4'-wide tables for it

Yes, FFG just licences six inches per side for cards and stuff

It's the
>8'

that's the issue. Standard wargaming table size is 4x6.
>>
>>54946088
Yeah, like I said I might have been misremembering - I haven't watched the show at all in several years, and that episode well before that even.

>>54945973
Anyway, I realized I forgot to actually answer your question here - given that Vader was shoved back half a meter by a shuttle's laser cannons when he blocked them, presumably turbolasers would be out of the question.

I was actually off on the LotS notation - it was actually heavy blaster cannons from freighters, not laser cannons from a shuttle. Vader also blocked and redirected a tank's cannon shot back at it in the Vader Down crossover.

http://i.imgur.com/MpOrQ1g.png - LotS notation

http://imgur.com/a/JVrjG - Vader Down images.
>>
>>54945807
Starkiller Base
>>
>>54946233
Neat. Thanks.
>>
>>54943036
>Necromunda is around the corner
When this comes out, I want to get some Stormtroopers and run them as counts-as-Arbites units. Or as a Guardsman unit in Shadow War assuming that also crosses over with NuNecromunda.
>>
>>54946222
>Standard wargaming table size is 4x6.
Pardon my mistake, then.
>>
>>54940166

This looks pretty cool and I'm semi tempted to get it. I wonder how bold FFG will get with their expansions and waves if this does good.

Would SW : Legacy options be too much to hope for? I love me some Imperial Knights
>>
>>54944179
>>54944203

what is MSU? something from warmahordes or 40K?
>>
>>54946435
Multiple Small Units - fighting with fireteams of 5 or so men instead of squads of 10+
>>
>>54946435
Multiple Small Units.

Refers to the idea of taking five squads of four men each, rather than two squads of ten. Results from most games have a system where you purchase a squad of minimum size, and then can purchase additional models for the squad separately.

Depending on the game design, MSU can be advantageous or disadvantageous, and a game favoring MSU can be a negative or completely fine. Often, though, due to game design, MSU comes off as "gamey" and is a detriment.

For example, MSU can be a way to increase activation count or mitigate squad-wide moral effects.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZj9Hxf4o5Y&
>>
Anyone got any theories about what's going on with the Jamming tokens for wave 12? It seems really strange to me that the Kimogila shows 4 of them while the Alpha-class only has 2 since from what we can see the token seems to be associated with the reload action they both have and presumably the jamming beam cannon that only the Alpha has. From what's visible of the text on the jamming beam it seems to be a jam version of the tractor beam, so for the kimogila to need more tokens maybe one of its upgrades or pilot abilities hands out jamming in an area of effect?

Jam as an action currently exists on the Gozanti, C-ROC and GR-75 where it's just giving a ship stress until it has 2. If the jam token is mean to simulate the effect in a more unique and compact way maybe it's a token that makes you act as if stressed, but you clear it after the next time you would take an action like how some critical hits work? I can't see how that would work with the reload action though, plus it seems like just an unnecessary change to make.
>>
File: speeders.png (151KB, 341x213px) Image search: [Google]
speeders.png
151KB, 341x213px
>>54946882
live takes:
>range ruler goes up to range four, separates and recombines into shorter distances at will
>squad leader can move anywhere within movement range, up to max speed
>everything is measured FROM the squad leader, TO closest model
>cover is half of target squad or more
>cover cancels one hit result
>symbol on white dice that isn't hit is "surge", changes based on model
>icons are "surge chart", top is offensive bottom is defense
>stormtroopers convert offensive surges to hits
>the cube next to green/yellow values is color of defense die, roll one per uncancelled hit or crit
>attack dice are d8, defense are d6
>rebels convert defensive surge to dodge
>red is better than black is better than white
>can always premeasure
>crit results ignore cover/dodge tokens
>dead models are any non-squad leader model of your choice
>speeder bikes / walker are "support" rank, corps rank for troopers and commander for 3 total types (so far)
>vehicles have firing arcs, some weapons are fixed to certain arcs

will continue, interrupting to post stat card
>>
>>54947039

I suspect for the Kimogila it's tied to the two copies of the new missile in the pack, which appears to be the "Scramble(r)" Missile, and presumably it deals with Jam tokens, possibly in an AoE.

Jamming is somehow related to the Reload Action, I think, otherwise there's no reason to print them on the same reference card. As for what they do, I'm not sure, but I would agree that they probably link to the original jam effect somehow otherwise FFG probably would use a new token - but who knows.
>>
File: walker.png (266KB, 488x301px) Image search: [Google]
walker.png
266KB, 488x301px
>>54947089
>speeders have to move upon activation, but that doesn't take one of their 2 actions
>vehicles have to share orientation but only one in the squad has to move via tool
>cannot use the same action twice (except for move)
>aim token rerolls two dice (three for stormtroopers)
>Pierce cancels out dodge results equal to number
>dodge token cancels a single hit result (and triggers Luke/Vader's Deflect)
>seems like defender has a strong advantage because they can aim - shoot instead of move - shoot
>green value is health (maybe yellow is some sort of heal? just a guess, they haven't mentioned it yet)

interrupting again to post walker stats

>climbing confirmed
>"clambering" hurts you
>armor ignores hits (but not crits), remembering that
>>54943957
>stormtrooper can convert a hit to a crit against armor, and stormtroopers can convert surges to hits
>>
>>54947241

Specifically, Impact quality seems to upgrade Hit to Crits vs Armor, and Precise (which can also be granted by the scope) lets you reroll more dice with the Aim Token.

So I guess it sounds like the Stormtrooper rifles probably have less chance for high damage/crits, but between their surge and precision ability they can be very accurate with small pools. This would make them shitty vs armor, unless you add somebody like a DLT trooper.
>>
File: at-rt.png (2MB, 1373x748px) Image search: [Google]
at-rt.png
2MB, 1373x748px
>>54947241
>AT-RT with upgraded laser canon melts vehicles hard
>unused aim/dodge tokens are removed at end of round
>critical hits don't have any special effects aside from ignoring dodge tokens/cover
>melee is base to base, models become engaged
>models pile-in ala 40k
>Vader hits really quite hard
>>
>>54947241
The AT-RT only has the guy's rifle -- rolling 2 white -- for a ranged attack unless you add a weapon as an upgrade. But that AT-RT laser cannon is vicious. Red/black/black, Range 2-4, Impact 3.

And might I add, I love how long the ranges are on some of these weapons.
>>
>>54947356
fug light blocked canon damage

the upgraded cannon is red/black/black
>>
>>54947039
>>54947125
I suspect Reload doesn't have anything to do with Jamming, and instead gives you a weapons disabled token in return for flipping a facedown torpedo or missile (perhaps even multiples?) faceup.
>>
>>54947356
FFG article says it can also take a Flamethrower (I would guess instead of the cannon), so it might just be the Rebel Equalizer
>>
>>54940480
GW has an established niche that people are stuck into and the kind of people who would only get into wargaming because a Star Wars wargame aren't the kind of people who would get into 40k or Sigmar. Also the actual hobby side of it seems like it would be pretty pathetic compared to GW's stuff. Storm Troopers aren't nearly as customizable as Space Marines so I don't see much opportunity for the hobbyists, not to mention the limited number of factions in the empire era Star Wars universe.
>>
>>54947241
>>54947089

So, comparing the two.

Speeder bikes are slightly more expensive, and have less health. Their default weapon packs more punch though, and has limited anti-armor. They're faster too, better at moving over low terrain, and get some free cover. Also, it looks like one unit of bikes is two minis?

The AT-RT has better health, and a decent melee attack, but a poor default ranged attack. It moves slower, but has armor for flat damage reduction, and seems better suited for terrain of height higher than 1 (which I assume normally vehicles can't bypass and troops can take damage from). It's also less expensive at base, and modular with that hardpoint for a pretty nasty attack.

I kind of like how that balances out.
>>
File: hWJZfE7.jpg (272KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hWJZfE7.jpg
272KB, 1920x1200px
>>54947125
>Jamming is somehow related to the Reload Action, I think, otherwise there's no reason to print them on the same reference card.

I wouldn't read into that too much. They could just have done it to save space; I'm guessing neither mechanic is that complex. Especially considering that there's some sort of jamming cannon that comes with the gunboat.

Also epic Jam just gives out stress tokens. This does something else. I'm guessing preventing you from using your target locks for anything, given what the same weapons do in the old video games.

>>54947403
What this guy said.

>>54947356
Legion looks really well designed, pity I have no time or money for it. I mean, I could sell my Armada collection, but I don't really want to do that.
>>
>>54947562
>Legion looks really well designed
My one complaint at this point is likely token clutter.
>>
>>54947598
Well that's just FFG, not much you can do about their raging boner for tokens and funny dice.
>>
>>54947562

>Legion looks really well designed, pity I have no time or money for it. I

Fuckin' same. I don't have enough cash to feed my X-Wing habit, I haven't even gotten into Armada yet
>>
>>54947499
We still don't know what the FUCK the yellow number does

>Speeder bikes are slightly more expensive
Same price including Walker gun

>and have less health
Same health given two models, but walker converts offensive surges into crits; while speeders convert offensive surges into hits and defensive surges into dodges; and walker has Armor vs Cover 1.

>Default weapon
2 red, 2 white, 2 black; range 3; impact 1; fixed front
vs
2 red, black; range 4; impact 3; fixed front

>secondary weapon
4 black; range 2
vs
2 white; range 3
3 red; melee; impact 1

>speed
3 versus 2, but speeders have a free/obligatory move. Speeders ignore height 1, walkers can climb.

>>54947598
There's what, activation, sometimes a dodge and/or aim, suppression, and wounds?
>>
>>54940166
OH LOOK THEY'RE SPLITTING THEIR PLAYER BASE AGAIN

Really though it looks cool but what are people gonna paint their units other than the normal colors?
>>
>>54947767

Black Troopers
>>
>>54947767
White, black, chrome for memes, and red spring to mind for Stormtroopers

Rebels can be anything
>>
File: 1502376459624.png (58KB, 158x154px) Image search: [Google]
1502376459624.png
58KB, 158x154px
I bought into Game of Thrones, I bought into SW LCG, I bought into Conquest, and Armada.

Are you guys going to actually play this shit, or am I going to have to twiddle my thumbs after a year or so on this one too?

Seriously, I'm concerned they're going to abandon this title or lose their license or something a few years down the road and the isolated player will just have to go on tabletop simulator.
>>
File: Capture.png (608KB, 499x631px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
608KB, 499x631px
>>
>>54947830
I have literally never played a tabletop game with anyone other than a single long time friend excluding the one tournament I went to this season

I can't help you
>>
>>54947879
Well I play with my friends too but then they just use my shit and never buy their own. If I buy one side only and wait for them to buy an army there's still a good chance it won't happen.
>>
File: spaceballs.jpg (48KB, 566x528px) Image search: [Google]
spaceballs.jpg
48KB, 566x528px
>>54941048
Spaceballs!

>>54945248
You try living next to huuurk urrrk all day for 18 years, all day every day huuuurk urrrking and running around whacking shit with gaffi sticks. They never come over to say hello because they're easily startled, next thing you know they're back in greater numbers, all your beer is gone and the bantha is pregnant. Fuck those guys
>>
File: 1490462677338.png (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1490462677338.png
1MB, 1920x816px
>>54947673
I've managed to stay current with X-wing, due to winning store credit and accepting only buying one of most expansions. I barely manage to stay current with Armada, and I'll probably never really have enough squadrons for my liking, but I get by and still have fun with a hard limit of one of each expac. I'm going to have to work extra in September to get over the hump of buying three cores for L5R, but once I do that it shouldn't be too much going forward. And that's me totally gamed out.

Yeah, as >>54947767 said but less sarcastically, I really wonder if they're dipping from the same well too much. I mean, this is a very different game, and something like it should probably be a given, but damn if FFG isn't making a ton of Star Wars product. Disney must really like what FFG has been doing, because they're letting them make all the things, and even doing some design work for them. The Raider might end up being one of the bigger ships in nucanon.

Also personal wild prediction for Armada is the big thing is a Clone Wars era core set. Rage if you want, I'm just going to assume that until otherwise proven wrong.
>>
Legion Core set looks like 400 a side in their demos, without any non-essential upgrades (ATRT Cannon doesn't count)
>>
File: PERFECTLYCALM.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
PERFECTLYCALM.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>the only way to get into the game is by buying the starter set and paying for a second faction, even if you don't want it
GOD DAMMIT FFG STOP DOING THIS
>>
>>54948094
Yeah, the AT-RT basically demands a weapon upgrade.

And while I'm thinking about it, I really like that the Rebels have gotten their hands on surplus GAR equipment from the Clone Wars.
>>
>>54948211
Yeah its going to need to be specc'd for anti-armour (Laser) or Anti-Infantry (Flamethrower)
>>
>>54948024
>next thing you know they're back in greater numbers, all your beer is gone and the bantha is pregnant
Your bloody fault for living next to the barracks
>>
>>54948071
Big thing for Armada?
>>
>>54948179
Why only get one faction? You're not a 'tournament player', are you?
>>
File: 1481135131475.jpg (4MB, 2829x1928px) Image search: [Google]
1481135131475.jpg
4MB, 2829x1928px
>>54948355
They said they had something big in the works but they weren't quite ready to announce it yet. Now it's likely something from TLJ that they can't show until September with Force Friday, but really who knows.

I'm fantasizing that FFG went and actually looked at the Star Wars universe, realized that they'd basically already run the well dry with GCW ships, and that in terms of lore there's a huge amount of fighting and fleets from the Clone Wars era. Go watch some Clone Wars (the show) battles on Youtube and say they don't look like fun. They've already put in three ships from there, and so decided to just cut the difference and add two new factions. Probably not, but a man can dream.
>>
>>54940166
I have 2 main questions-

1. What does the yellow value under Health mean/do?

2. What are the facings on each of the 5 types of dice?
>>
>>54948369
>one faction
>tournament player
???
>>
Any rumors on other factions for Legion? If not, what are we likely to see? Not just Imp/Reb/Scum, right?
>>
>>54948179
>not having friends
What the fuck?
>>
>>54948650
What happens if we both want Empire?
What happens if we both want Rebels?
>>
>>54948422
>"big"
>not Super Star Destroyer

I'd be happy with an immobile single hull zone "super star destroyer" you put on one side of the board or something. Maybe we get the full thing, but the scale would be absolutley massive.
>>
File: 1499454638013.jpg (281KB, 776x635px) Image search: [Google]
1499454638013.jpg
281KB, 776x635px
>>54948665
What happens if you both want both?
>>
>>54948665
>>54948689
>>>/r/miniswap
>>
>>54948689
Howlrunner best girl, fight me
>>
>>54948696
This doesn't solve the whole "I have to buy two factions just to start the game" thing.
As a matter of fact, I just realized that if they add another faction, and someone wants to play that faction specifically, they're fucked. They still need to buy Empire and Rebel stuff just to be able to play the game.
>>
>>54948745
Yes it does.
>buy core set
>sell off what you don't want
>>
>>54948756
Alternately:
>buy what you want from someone selling on /r/miniswap
>>
>>54948745
Unlikely. They'll probably come out with a essentials set like they did with Runewars.

>>54948728
You are a man of good taste.
>>
>>54948745
The point is you don't get to play only one faction bucko. Why if I want to play that faction. What are you gonna do then?
>>
>>54947909
Not their fault this is such an absurdly costly and niche hobby. If you don't have a big game store crowd that plays in your area, perhaps you just shouldn't buy it? Just seems like a practical and logical way to look at it, even if that is disappointing to you. The majority of people who do play this kind of tabletop game are also likely already entrenched in the likes of Warhammer 40K and shit at this point and can't afford to keep up with more than one or don't want to bother playing more than one.
>>
>>54948834
>Why if I want to play that faction. What are you gonna do then?
...Play you anyway?
Since when have mirror matches ever been an issue in wargames?
>>
>>54948859
>absurdly
>FFG

Might as well just cancel all the other games too. There's Warhammer to play after all and people aren't giving that up. GW is such a great company after all.

If you are entrenched in 40k that's your own fault. It's just...ugh. Enjoy your Orkboiz or whatever.

Barriers to play? Maybe you have kids. Maybe you have a shit meta, like me. The point is these games are better mechanically and themetically and the are prices about average. If you're going to play something, and can afford it, FFG is a good option.
>>
>>54948937
Since that's lame AF outside of a random match or once in a while.
>>
>>54948950
Except if you've been playing other ones for years, spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on it, have friends and groups to play with who have done the same, then chances are no one is really going to be keen on starting over and dropping hundreds more on a new game that functions the same. Sorry. That's just the truth. You're sitting here blaming this board for you buying all of these games and having no one to play with, and that's really just your own fault. Wait and see how a community develops around it in your local shop(s) first. I can't fault your friends for not buying into these money sinks either, especially when they know you'll just buy it all and they can play with you for free. I'm the same way. X-Wing is the only minis game I own and that's expensive enough to keep up with, but I play a couple others with friends who have deeper pockets and buy everything. Legion is going to be significantly more expensive like WH40K, which quite frankly tests the limits of practicality and reason in terms of expenditure, and it's just not worth it to a lot of people, even if they dearly love Star Wars above all else like I do.
>>
>>54948965
>Since that's lame AF outside of a random match or once in a while.
Fuck that, Imperial civil wars are awesome.
>>
>>54941048
Hero-character-heavy sub-faction

I want the Ghost Crew.
>>
>>54949661

Hera's not much for ground, but everybody else has some ground chops and could easily be heroes or commanders.
>>
>>54941048
I want some Mandalorians so I can jetpack around all over the place.

I also hope I can take busted up Clone War era vehicles for my Rebels.
>>
>>54948689
>What happens if you both want both?
A bafflingly wholesome bisexual foursome with you, them, and y'all's lovers
>>
>>54947241
Wait why the fuck does it have a gear instead of the symbol the other units have, where the yellow number is?
>>
>>54948550

>yellow value

on infantry, it's wound threshold (1 wound takes on 1 health) ... similar to RW

on vehicles, seems to be armor
>>
>>54944349
worse than vong tbqh pham
>>
Now that the sheathipede will be able to hand out free actions super easy will there ever be a reason to run Kyle, Ahsoka or Cracken again? I could maybe see a reason for Kyle since he'd let people get double focus and can carry a TLT but outside of some weird shenanigan combo that requires you to get your free actions in the combat phase it seems like co-ordinate is head and shoulders ahead of those clunky abilities. Kind of a shame since already those pilots are basically not worth anything and now this bug is coming along to piss on their graves.
>>
>>54941048
Motherfucking Air Support
>>
File: 1477990622590.jpg (1MB, 2400x1286px) Image search: [Google]
1477990622590.jpg
1MB, 2400x1286px
>>54950631
You clearly have never run into bomber Ahsoka. She's great, and a much safer place to park your Sabine crew. She's also at the start of combat, coordinate doesn't give you PS12 barrel roll.

Kyle is range 1-3 rather than 1-2 of coordinate and can take TLT, Cracken is during the combat phase, after everyone has moved, and can pack a missile himself. I'd say they still have their purpose. Rebel Fenn is going to be hard to beat with that ability, but it has the downside of potentially not doing a thing. You really have to combine it with a stresshog somewhere else in your list to shut down expertise. So yeah, it will be a good support ship, but that's all it's going to do; it isn't going to do squat on its own like other Rebel support ships.
>>
>>54950668
Only if Air Support doesn't have models and just works like an offsite "call in a strike, it happens and the plane flies away" thing
>>
Any new X-wing pictures since yesterday?

Why is there no article, I checked last year and they published it the same day as the announcement
>>
character wishlist for Legion

Confederacy
>Grievous
>Asaaj Ventress
>Jango Fett
>Darth Maul

Empire
>Boba Fett
>Vader(Confirmed)
>Iden Versio

First Order
>Kylo Ren
>Captain Phasma

Republic
>Obi Wan Kenobi
>Mace Windu
>Padme Amidala
>Jar Jar Binks(Just for the RAGE)

Rebellion
>Luke(Confirmed)
>Cassian Andor
>Han Solo
>Kanan Jarrus

New Republic
>Finn
>Poe Dameron
>Rey
>Rose
>>
>>54940166
So, I know almost nothing about Imperial Assault what's the difference concept wise between Imperial Assault and Legion? Like X-Wing is dog-fighting, while Armada has more focus on capital ships, what's the difference here going to be between "my bunch of dudes shoot up your bunch of dudes" in the two games?
>>
>>54951003
Imperial Assault was a board game built around scenarios and the skirmish mode was an afterthought. This is built from the ground up for dudes shootin dudes.
>>
>>54951003
Imperial Assault is the D&D-style Dungeon Crawler with a tacked on 'skirmish mode'.

Legion looks like a 40k-style War game all about that skirmish mode.
>>
File: trivia01.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
trivia01.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
I want pic related for Legion if they even do Clone Wars.
>>
>>54950689
Yeah a too scale Bomber figure would be dumb, but I'd also love to do X-Wing strafing runs and Y-Wing Bombing Runs
>>
>>54948665
What happens if both of you want the upgrade cards in it
>>
File: 5a9[1].jpg (76KB, 423x287px) Image search: [Google]
5a9[1].jpg
76KB, 423x287px
>>54950626
>>
>>54951574
She's right you know.
>>
Do we know if legion is hard plastic or not?
>>
>>54948550
1. Nobody knows, I think it might be a healing value
2. Attack dice have hit, crit (ignores cover/dodge), surge
Dodge dice have dodge, surge

Surges can be converted into the other faces by some units

>>54948179
This is FFG's entire business model:
>every box includes some stuff for other lists
>that way each additional box has more marginal value than the last, until you own everything

Every expansion they sell you gives you N+1 list options over what you could previously do, because each expansion you own provides you with that many upgrade cards that would go perfectly with this next box...

>>54950217
See above, I think it's a healing action

>>54950225
No, there's no such thing. Every model has the wounds value printed on their unit card. Armor just ignores all non-crits.

>>54951003
Legion is designed for like 50 dudes per side, IA for like 5

>>54951694
People who played the demo said it's the same as Runewars.

I've never seen or touched a Runewars model so I don't actually know what that means
>>
>>54951756
>same as Runewars.
Isn't that the same as IA?
>>
>card games disguised as a wargame
>>
>>54951940
Card and miniatures are a great mix if you know how to do it. CMON is stupid with it as they use cards as another random element in a random game.

FFG is smart because they use cards to mitigate the luck of the dice and randomness of activations.

Sadly it is a dead game already as Shadespire from GW will be the next coming o Jesus Christ for table top game - basically TTG Heartstone - the player pool is infinite.
>>
>>54951974
Thing like counters, custom dice and cards always make a wargame shit
>>
>>54951974
I think you underestimate the power of the Star Wars licence. Many have waited years for a competent sw wargame. The only thing that could make it dead was if the entry fee was to big like for Armada.
>>
>>54952026
It's literally not going to budget Gw in the slightest.

It may get popular with people buying the minis like every sw game but it's not gonna impact Gw because it's a different audience
>>
>>54952058
I'm not so sure. Lots of 40k players locally also play X-Wing and I'm sure They are gonna at least try Legion. Not saying GW is doomed or anything but I really doubt Legion is a dead game.
>>
>>54951756
>same Runwars
Shitty gummy bear plastic then
>>
>>54941048
Zombie stormtroopers and ancient sith wizards
>>
>>54948670
I really want them to do an Allegiance-class desu senpai
>>
>>54952096
Don't bother arguing against GW fanboys. In their mind, nothing could ever lead to GW no longer being the biggest.
>>
File: mofference.jpg (390KB, 1120x736px) Image search: [Google]
mofference.jpg
390KB, 1120x736px
Council of Moffs command squad for Legion when?
>>
>>54951991
Counters are great. Most wargames have things that need counting and no counters and it is just messy and annoying bookkeeping. Has this unit gone yet? Was this dice tracking wounds or part of the roll? Etc.

Custom dice are a trade-off. Resolution is faster, because four hit icons is more clear than four numbers that have to be compared to a table and/or consulted against the stats of both models. The downside is less granularity - you can't have a model that hits on 2 and a model that hits on 5, for example. FFG mitigates this via dice fixing, (in this case) surges, etc, but the trade-off is there. They could use one set of dice for everything, but again, you have less granularity - Armada needs hits, crits, and accuracies, but legion needs hits, crits, and surges; and the games need them in different quantities.

Cards just make referencing stats faster.
>>
>>54940166
>>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0
Okay since we're reaching the limit soon

WHOEVER STARTS THE NEXT THREAD REMOVE THIS USELESS LINK PLS THANKS
>>
>>54951756
>>54952216
>People who played the demo said it's the same as Runewars.
Well if that is the case, then I'm going to save a whole shitload of money by not spending anything on this.
>>
Is there any sourcebook or more information for Jedi Mystics?
>>
>>54952851
Not yet. The Force & Destiny rulebooks so far are
>Disciples of Harmony (Consulars)
>Endless Vigil (Sentinels)
>Keeping the Peace (Guardians)
>Nexus of Power (setting)
>Savage Spirits (Seekers)
>>
>>54944067
It's for self-defense; RL vehicle crews typically carry carbines or smg's in case their vehicle gets damage

IIRC in The Clone Wars, Clone AT-RT Drivers would occassionally use their DC-15 carbines as another weapon along with their walker's cannon
>>
>>54941489
So you don't play anything?
>>
>>54941784
Cunt detected
>>
Started a new thread
>>54954073

>>54952743
Replaced that with one I know has some working files in it, no idea how up to date it is
>>
>>54952585
FF is taking GW's 40k and streamlining the process of playing, what with dice simplicity, ease of unit movement, stat cards, ect.

The process of actually playing the fucking game is going to be so much faster and smoother; this game will probably keep me from ever going back to 40k
>>
>>54948550
>>54950225

>yellow value

that is coruage, the amount of supression token it takes to suppress the fig
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.