[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paizo Games General /pgg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 378
Thread images: 54

File: 1502765830128.jpg (39KB, 564x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502765830128.jpg
39KB, 564x720px
Paizo Games General /pgg/

Android Edition
How are you planning to use androids in your starfinder games?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): https://pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): https://pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: https://pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread: >>54899983
>>
>>54907205
Fapbait Zombies.
>>
>>54907205
Busty bombshells and slender tsunderes whose circuit tattoos glow when she's "blushing."
>>
>>54907205
Assassin who can be hacked and subsequently seduced
>>
>>54907205
People like any other race, whose members can be found in all walks of life.
>>
Can I play a Ratfolk as if he was a Skaven?
>>
>>54907255
Wait, srly? is bard so good in this AP?
>>
>>54907368
Do you want to play in Pathfinder, or Starfinder? Because the answer to both is "yes, but..."
>>
File: voxine.png (144KB, 259x332px) Image search: [Google]
voxine.png
144KB, 259x332px
>>54907205

Vocational path advisers.
>>
>>54907370
I assume he is referring to the fact Jade Regent has a relationship mechanic built around skills and attributes the Bard is optimized for. A well-built bard is going to have their pick of the NPCs as lovers.
>>
>>54907397
Plus some of the best magic items are multiple skill dependant and diplomacy dependant (motherfucking tea drinking kit)
>>
Can a Ratfolk be cursed with being a Wererat?
>>
>>54907374

Pathfinder.
>>
>>54907429

Sure, turns them into a more monstrous form that can curse other humanoids.
>>
>>54907440
Yes, but ratfolk really don't have the same endurance for disease, lack magitech and can't stormvermin because they are small and lack massive strength bonuses. Also fluff wise they are nowhere near as malevolent, schemey or retarded and lack rampant mutations.
>>
>>54907440
>Ratfolk are communal by nature, living in colonies of up to 100 adults. They make their homes either on the road in traveling caravans, in the sewers and slums of large cities, or in subterranean caves. Their warrens are complex enough to easily hide their hoards or escape from enemies. Ratfolk merchants trawl markets for intriguing items, which they value over money. Ratfolk have an affinity for all kinds of rodents, including rats and dire rats, and they excel at tinkering and alchemy. Although not known for their trickery (they take great pride in their professionalism when dealing with other races), they are not above using their size and numbers to outwit or outmaneuver an enemy when threatened

>On Golarion, ratfolk are found in great numbers in the Darklands beneath the continent of Tian Xia, where they rule their own empire, Diguo-Dashu, in the caverns of Sekamina. These ratfolk declared war on Imperial Lung Wa in 4251 AR and seized a dozen cities before the Imperial Army drove them back into the deeps and sealed the entrances to the Darklands behind them.

Throw in a touch of Demonic Corruption and an alignment shift to Chaotic Evil, and you can easily make a Ratfolk come across as Skaven.
>>
>>54906899
I was thinking Bloodrager, and got the idea of being Ragebred from this thread.

Going to call him G. Dorf.
>>
>>54907451
Considering their nature I'm shocked that it's not a more common occurrence for that kind of thing to happen more often.

I'm also somewhat sad that you can't be like a Raksasha and go FULL RAT with a bloodline or something...
>>
File: GM supplies.png (69KB, 676x481px) Image search: [Google]
GM supplies.png
69KB, 676x481px
So I'm planning on dropping quite a bit of coin to effectively run a game (as a first time GM) in Starfinder. I think I have everything I need, except for pawns. Those I'll have to buy with my next paycheck.

But is there anything else I'm missing?
>>
>>54907205
I want to play as the trusty Android sidekick of another character!
>>
File: 1502118539946.jpg (76KB, 527x640px) Image search: [Google]
1502118539946.jpg
76KB, 527x640px
>>54907205
By renaming them bioroids and adding an actual android/robot race as well.
>>
How do I MGSV Raiden in Starfinder?
>>
>>54907622

I think that's about everything. Are you sure about the CRB, though? There are a number of confirmed errors, and it'll likely see errata before long.
>>
Do Goblins exist in multiple color variations in the same tribe? Or is a single Tribe all the same color of Goblin?
>>
>>54907721
I mean, you need the CRB to play the game... so yes?

If errors get errata'd out then I'll make the appropriate changes as necessary.
>>
>>54907622
Check that mat against this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015IQO2O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1).

I use that one and love it, other than that you've got a great starter kit.
>>
>>54907214
>You then end up with equal AC and equal to-hit, but one damage less. What's the point?
You have the same melee attack bonus, but +1 more ranged attack bonus should you ever choose to use a ranged weapon or thrown weapon, +1 more initiative, +1 to all DEX skills (which include class skills like stealth and acrobatics), extra 5 feet of movement, +1 reflex save (your bad save), qualify for Spring Attack or Nimble Moves earlier if you want, without needing to buy your Personal Upgrade at level 3 for Dex (buy it for STR instead and you're at 18 STR).
You're also using light armor, so your speed isn't inhibited for closing to engage, I can't find anything that suggests that the heavy armor penalty to speed does NOT affect stellar rush or flight or anything else. (If someone does find that, please give me the page number, would be good to know!).

In longer terms it sets you up to get 18 DEX, 18 STR at level 5 (meaning you're at 20 with Personal Upgrade), instead of 19/21 STR (no change in modifier bonus) and 16 DEX (one behind). That is a bit less relevant for Level 1 optimizing though.

>Ranged weapons can't make attacks of opportunity, while screwing over ranged/caster people is the entire point of reach.
>It prevents guarded step from protecting your enemies from AoO's caused by ranged attacks or spellcasting.
Fair counterpoints, both of these. There is definitely some merit to that.
I would like to point out that unless you're really planning on using a 1d8piercing pike for your entire career (or rather, investing in them at levels 1/9/15 ), investing in Step Up and Step Up and Strike will probably be a good idea for most melee characters. Besides the monowhip at level 15, the only other melee weapons with reach are unwieldy. But I'm willing to concede I can see the argument for them at level 1.
>>
>>54907742
That one is cool too, but the one I have in my cart also helps push my order to over $100 and makes it all qualify for free shipping.
>>
>>54907738

I'm just saying, you could opt for the PDF on that one. Would make it the odd book out among the rest, though. Your call, really.
>>
>>54907764
Sounds good, have fun and good luck with your first time being dungeon master!
>>
>>54907787
I have the PDF, but I don't have a tablet or anything. So rather than spend $60-$100 to get a decent tablet, I'll just buy the book.

>>54907798
Thanks! I'm really looking forward to playing in this setting. Sci-fi/Sci-Fan is my favorite genre.
>>
>>54907205
i'm pretty new to pathfinder and one of my players asked me if he can play a swashbuckler (starting at level 1), he said he wasnt sure if he needed some prerequisites before.

So, I ask you who know much more than me, can he start as a half-elf swashbuckler lvl 1?

(sorry if my grammar isnt good, not my first language)
>>
>>54907334
Good man
>>
>>54907334
But are they still a badass assassin?
>>
>>54907821

Sure, swashbuckler is a base class in Pathfinder, not a prestige class.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/swashbuckler
>>
>>54907821
He could totally start as a swashbuckler. He's just going to be complete trash, since it's a garbage class.
>>
>>54907840
>>54907870
thanks!
>>
>>54907745
>or thrown weapon
They're STR-based in Starfinder.
The others are fair points, though.
>>
I showed my friend who has a pathfinder boner the starfinder thread

he ejaculated through his trousers and onto my ceiling...

fuck starfinder
>>
>>54907989
That's pretty impressive, honestly.
>>
>>54907870
Players new to the game are going to be trash regardless of what class you are, the only real discrepancy starts when you start getting to higher levels of system mastery.
>>
>>54907989
Sounds like you only have yourself to blame for that one.
>>
>>54908001
he reacts like that if he learns that URF is on League too...
>>
>Armor spikes are great for polearm users
>they're also edgy as fuck

How do I noblebright armor spikes? Or is this another price of the Goodly Path?
>>
>>54907989
>>54908047

Your friend should probably consult a urologist.
>>
>>54908050
How is being armed well edgy? Ya think that russian bear hunters were big on cutting themselves and Bullet for My Valentine?
>>
When can I expect to get this realistically speaking?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cord-%20of-stubborn-resolve/
>>
Any choose Starfinder minmax/cheese builds yet?
>>
Is Teehee Macaroni going to be in Starfinder?
>>
>>54908104
Melee envoy
>>
>>54905633
>>54906194
>>54906270
>>54907214

The autist who 'optimizes' chose to 'unoptimize' because he doesn't like the class, and sacrifices feats and overall effectiveness for one more point of damage.

Big surprise.
>>
>>54908123
How does that work?
>>
>>54907680

>Not calling them Realians

It's like you don't want to run a Xenosaga campaign
>>
>>54908104
There's a 18/14 str dex Technomancer build going around that puts out some of the highest damage we've seen so far.
>>
>>54908162
>>54908123
>>54908104
have we got class/race numbers and abilities yet?
>>
>>54908141
Be an envoy, pick up the best melee weapon you can afford and go to town. It's pretty hard to fuck up and has the highest DPR anybody's found for a core starfinder character.
>>
>>54908162
What's the build? You have my interdast.
>>
>>54908073
Were they inspirational heroes?
>>
File: 1502750019931.jpg (33KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1502750019931.jpg
33KB, 500x374px
>>54908109
>read that as marconi
"I thought I ran you outta town, Teehee Marconi. After you botched the drumlin job, even your own thugs wanted you out."

>tfw no mafia game
>>
>>54908194
Mafia game will come once Starfinder gets a little more established.
>>
>>54908212
And it will be a bamboozle as all crime/heist games end up being.
>>
>>54908189
They went hunting for bears with spears and dinky not-even-sure-if-they-hurt-the-damned-things peashooters. What do you think?
>>
>>54908050
Go with a rose/floral theme for your armour, the spikes are the thorns.
>>
>>54907680

That's just Aballonians.
>>
>>54908181
Like... how many there are? Average DPR? We've got a bit, but not enough to be definitive yet.
>>54908188
I don't recall precisely, I saw it in passing. Something to do with advanced melee weapons, iirc.
>>
>>54908230
That's only because fantasy is a shitty medium for gang/crime campaigns .
>>
Is the spell chache free? It doesnt explicitly state it like it does in PF but it does say you created it.
>>
>>54908018
They're going to be trash because sometimes the trap options aren't apparent, and likely because people don't tell them what's shit and why. There's also cases of the newbie with half a brain who takes Power Attack and 18 Strength on a Barbarian and proceeds to shitstomp everything.
>>
>>54908341
With a DM and players new to the system, I imagine down the line they're going to end up in that weird place where people think the swashbuckler is OP. This is because with all parties involved being so new the player will half-read his abilities and assume he can use all of his swash toys every round forever without realizing how action economy choked the class really is and the DM won't know enough to correct him.
>>
>>54908439
>people don't actually read what an ability does
>they then think it's OP and will yell about it

fair point, I know how that goes
>>
I love visiting rando roll20 pugs and reading about their custom rules.
>10PB EVERYTHING OK EXCEPT OP ORACLES!
>>
>>54908561
It's so you can FEEL THE CLIMB TO POWER.
>>
>>54906194

>1) 2/3rds of the party competing to fill the same role - deal a ton of damage.
Hardly unusual in a Paizo-finder system. Besides that, 3/4ths of the party focusing on "deal big damage" worked out perfectly fine in the initial party.

>2) No party synergy for skill checks (which you, the human solarian, were in the best position to do with your social class skills and skill adept to pick up whatever else was needed)
Durable, melee frontliners in Starfinders are not going to be doing much in the way of skills anyway.

>no solar armor/weapon
A tactical pike was superior to a solar weapon at the level in question, and likewise, hidden soldier armor was the better option for AC given Heavy Armor Proficiency.

>no solar revelations
Black Hole and Supernova were the only stellar revelations available. An opportunity for neither revelation ever came up, so they would not have seen use even on a higher-Charisma solarian.

>no skill adept
All this does is grant two more class skills on a class that has only 4 base skill points and no reason to raise Intelligence beyond 10.

>If you had been a Blitz Soldier, you would have been similarly fucked in a party like this, because you would have made the same mistakes, had the same lack of synergy, and still would have had bad dice luck.
On the contrary, I would have had 8 higher initiative (from Blitz and from freeing up a feat which then goes into Improved Initiative) and 10 more speed, which would have allowed me to outmaneuver enemies more aptly, particularly given a powerful reach weapon. I also would have had more Resolve Points with which to prevent my character from dying on their own.

>as money you save from that you can invest directly into Personal Upgrades
Personal upgrades are not available until 2nd level at the very earliest. Even then, they are so limited in applicability to characters that aiming for a physical weapon + physical armor setup on a solarian is still optimal until 6th level.
>>
>>54907205

A chrome bro in a Hawaiian shirt (what's the pathfinder equivalent of Hawaii?) who plays groovy but uplifting music while he pilots the ship.

https://youtu.be/0PHMkR-RHA8
>>
>>54907172

>It does give up 1 point of damage though by going 16 STR, but you can use that feat on Weapon Focus.
I was already taking Weapon Focus. Strength 18 meant higher attack and higher damage, thereby making it an ideal investment in a 1:1 point buy scheme.

>...would have given him a free hand to hold a healing potion or a small arm, lost [1] damage, and cost 475 starting wealth he could have bought a ranged weapon for those spread out enemies or for "reach".
I was able to make a melee attack every single round thanks to starting positioning. Ranged attacks were never a concern. Likewise, at no point in any battle was there a point wherein using a serum of healing mk 1 would have been more optimal than simply attacking.

>Or he could have spent that extra money and bought Iridishell basic armor for +1 KAC
Iridishell costs an extra 290 credits for +1 KAC over hidden soldier armor. It simply was not worth the benefit.

>Now the reach weapon is not a bad thing
>nor does the pike give you an AoO against a guarded step or withdraw, so I have to wonder how much he got out of it
The reach weapon actually was a good thing. Reach in Starfinder allows you to attack adjacent opponents, and thus 10 feet of reach with a tactical pike is a major threat (no pun intended) against ranged attackers and spellcasters. That is definitely something to consider purchasing.

>I would like to point out that the damage is an auto-hit 2d6+1 to everyone in 10ft radius, aka Pike range
Supernova is ally-unfriendly, it works on a charge mechanic (you can use it only during your third turn, minimum), and using it makes you unattuned. It would have been of questionable utility even with Charisma 14.
>>
>>54907680
>Not reploids
>>
Fellas, I'm gonna be going into a campaign soon. My party's a Barbarian, a Destruction Sphere focused Mageknight, a Conjuration Wizard, and a Witch who seems to be focused on healing and buffing with a little bit of debuffing. I'm going in as a Divine Heretic Warpriest. I already get the War Sphere free, what other Sphere should I get?
>>
>remembering that Jaunt Boots got nerfed too

sometimes you just wonder "why", and realize there was no reason why
>>
/pgg/ I need some advice.

I'm a moderately experienced GM and I've decided to take on the challenge of running an evil campaign. All of the players are down and we've set the tome and limits of the campaign (quest for power, slightly more serious, anything below rape goes). The issue is one of the players wants to play a vampire. Since the first part of the campaign takes place in an underground world it won't be too clunky with being unable to go into the sun but I'm worried there may be some unforeseen consequences. What do you guys and gals think?
>>
>>54909266
Will the vampire be cute and bullyable?
>>
>>54909266
The main potential issue I can see with vampirism is that it could have the potential for being overpowered, what with the ability to create Thralls and all that, but if you decide not to nerf those kinds of powers I'd suggest making it so that any minions created should ultimately be controlled by you, such as using it to give the players a free information or spy network.

As long as everyone is down with it the main issue with stuff like this is not making any player get undue attention or powers that would make them overshadow anyone else in the party, but rather instead make those things help the party as a whole.
>>
File: 1458836352931.png (425KB, 841x776px) Image search: [Google]
1458836352931.png
425KB, 841x776px
Campaign when?
>>
>>54909481
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>54909266
I suggest one of these homebrew templates for the vampire:
https://pastebin.com/qcf3J758
https://pastebin.com/zesx3Fn1
They are much more manageable for a DM than the vanilla thing.
They're LA+0 so they don't alter the number of class levels.
>>
File: 1447255836858.jpg (6KB, 133x226px) Image search: [Google]
1447255836858.jpg
6KB, 133x226px
>>54909481
When?
>>
>>54908839
>>54908711
Your inability to look past immediate optimal efforts is what hamstrung your build, literally. You gained one point of damage for the sacrifice of a feat and no different armor. That's not optimization, that's OCD and as a result you are working actively to prove an in correct point..
>>
>>54909481
When you convince XS to run it.
>>
>>54909676
2hu also got +1 to hit from that.
+1 to hit is worth it desu.
>>
>>54909676
Don't reply to 2hu.
>>
>>54909457
>here, have free leadership and the thrall ability at level one!
No.
>>
>>54909707
Maybe in 4e. Not in SF or PF. With a feat he could have gained +1 more to AC, a better skill set, or the ability to threaten with a gun.
>>
>>54909676

>You gained one point of damage for the sacrifice of a feat and no different armor.

And 1 point of attack bonus, considering that I was already taking Weapon Focus.

I would gladly take +1 attack and +1 damage from Strength over +1 AC, initiative, and Reflex from Dexterity. At least the former would be contributing to main, offensive statistics.

Consider that I could have taken Strength 18 and Dexterity 14 and used light armor and solar armor. That would have given me 1 less AC than heavy armor, but I opted to take Heavy Armor Proficiency, because I valued the AC.
>>
>>54909754
>With a feat he could have gained +1 more to AC
Dodge is not a feat, so that's not an option.
The first two feats of that character were Weapon Focus and Heavy Armour Proficiency.
>>
>>54909754

I fail to see how +1 AC is somehow worth more than +1 attack.

A lack of ranged attacks was never once an issue in that session, and indeed, the tactical pike served its purpose.
>>
Why are fetchlings forgotten about so much?
>>
>>54909758
>losing AC, initiative, and Reflex save
>AND ONE FEAT
You STILL lost a feat. That's not optimal, and can hurt your character.
>>
What kind of information would you include in a primer?
>Deities
>Short glimpse of history
>Countries
>Common Races
>Magic use
>>
>>54909722
Like I said, those are my suggestions if he DOESN'T decide to nerf if. Minions should always be kept in the background of any campaign and should be utilized to assist the party as a whole.

Also remember that generally speaking Evil characters and campaigns are slightly higher in power level, partially because any semblance of remorse for saying "I like that, give it to me" is usually out the window and partially because unlike the good guys, you're usually not going to get very many loyal allies so you've got to make do with your own ability to get the job done yourself.
>>
>>54909758
I'm not really sure boosting the main offensive statistic is actually the way to go in Starfinder. I'd never argue against DELETE being meta in Pathfinder, but it feels like the number adjustments will make the investment towards straight removal of your enemies too heavy here, and the increase of survivability on the player side means it's far less damning to leave enemies up for some rounds if you can mitigate damage.
>>
>>54909810
Why are they called Fetchlings instead of their proper name so much?
>>
>>54909340
Possibly, but unlikely

>>54909457
Well he specifically wants to play the party face and have many thralls/spawn. I think I can make that work and maybe rule that, although they practically worship him they are not insane and won't do anything that goes against their core nature or puts them in mortal danger
>>
>>54909884
>Possibly, but unlikely
Then no. You should not allow a vampire. They are scum.
>>
>>54909866
What proper name? It probably doesn't roll off the tongue like fetchling.
>>
>>54909838
If a player can possibly abuse something that makes his character more powerful and allows them to overcome situations more easily, then they will invariably abuse it at the behest of others if not themselves.
>>
>>54909957
Kayal
>>
>>54909969
I held back 8/18 of my attacks so others didn't get BTFO in a campaign! Surely, this person can restrain themselves.
>>
>>54909866
Propaganda.
>>
>>54910008
It's your game, you're the one who suffers from the bad choice.
>>
>>54909826
>>54909863

Compare the following:

• Human solarian with Strength 18, Dexterity 14, Heavy Armor Proficiency, Weapon Focus, and hidden soldier armor:
Melee attack bonus +6, melee damage bonus +4, EAC 15, KAC 17, initiative +2, speed 25 feet

• Strength 16, Dexterity 16, Improved Initiative, Weapon Focus, and kasatha microcord I:
Melee attack bonus +5, melee damage bonus +3, EAC 15, KAC 17, initiative +6, speed 30 feet

I valued the +1 attack and +1 damage over the +4 initiative and +5 speed in this case.

>>54909863

Do have a look at the comparison above. Do you truly think that trading in +1 attack and +1 damage would have been worth the +4 initiative and +5 speed?

Again, however, this is a moot point for a solarian who first begins with a dip into soldier (blitz).
>>
>>54910033
And suffer I did!
>>
File: 1413005236612.jpg (456KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1413005236612.jpg
456KB, 1600x1200px
In your typical Medieval sort of world, how likely is it that a kingdom would make a distinction between a civilian police force (IE town guard, the night watch, etc) and a national military? Should the two groups be one in the same, or no?
>>
>>54910039
Completely unrelated, but do you prefer short or longer hair?
>>
>>54909969
That, in the end, comes down to a matter of trust. If this was me with my group of friends I'd tentatively allow this in one of my own campaigns, but if this was for strangers I'd probably say no.
>>
>>54909980
Seriously? Where's that from?
>>
>>54910106
"Some members of the race also take offense at the name fetchling, as it was given to them by humans who saw them as little more than fetchers of rare materials from the Shadow Plane. Most fetchlings instead prefer to be called kayal, a word borrowed from Aklo that roughly translates to “shadow people” or “dusk dwellers.”"

It's literally their proper name.
>>
File: Fey Corgi.jpg (233KB, 850x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Fey Corgi.jpg
233KB, 850x1100px
I unironically and unsarcastically want to add Fey Corgis as a playable race to my campaign. How would you translate their stats and powers?
>>
>>54910187
Just let a player play as one of the feydogs that are, well, corgi and do exist in Pathfinder as monsters.
>>
>>54908185
>not sure if serious
>>
>>54910187
+2 dex and... cha? -2 str. Small size. 20ft move with 40 going quadfoot. Common. Low-Light and Scent. No skill bonuses beyond what Big Ears gives. Something along those lines?
>>
>>54910140
Yeah, but what book?
>>
>>54910268
I'm not sure, it's on the pfsrd. PathfinderWiki is leading me to believe Inner Sea Races?
>>
>Because of their reputation for being generally good creatures, [Aasimar] are sometimes targeted for killing or capture by evil beings, such as black dragons.
Have you saved a holy princess from a dragon, /pgg/?
>>
>>54910392
They both make good additions to the harem.
>>
>>54910400
>courting a black dragon
shit nigga, you gon die in bed
>>
>>54910392
I saved a Thriae princess from an evil demigod. Then she fell for the archer.
>>
>>54910267
I would also add the whole "counts as fey" in some respect.

Otherwise this sounds good
>>
File: carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>54910414
so you could say you and the princess both got

shafted
>>
How can you get pounce as a bloodrager without counting primalist?
>>
>>54910432
CARLOS!
>>
>>54910413
Try two dragons with polar opposite alignments with you as a true neutral in between
>>
>• Earth The strength of the earth empowers your weapon, causing it to deal damage as if it was one size category larger. Starting at initiator level 10th, your weapons instead deal damage as if they were two size categories larger.

Does this thing from Elemental Nimbus stack with stuff like Impact and Powerful Build?
>>
File: oh fug.png (34KB, 551x300px) Image search: [Google]
oh fug.png
34KB, 551x300px
>>54910448
it was nice knowing you
>>
>>54910434
Skald buddy. Pummeling Charge. Skald buddy. Probably some third thing. Skald buddy.
>>
>>54910413
That's what magic items are for.
Collar of the True Companion comes to mind.
>>
>>54910449
Powerful build yes, impact no
>>
>>54910449
Not impact, but it does stack with Powerful Build. The Primal Fury one is better, I think.
>>
>>54910459
No skald buddy and no unarmed build
>>
>>54909835
A primer is basically what we got in the Starfinder CRB, only without the mechanics.
>>
>>54910444
Hey, look at the bright side. Both of them got to the point.
>>
File: Cucked To Death.png (312KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
Cucked To Death.png
312KB, 600x660px
>>54910580
>>
>>54907376
>>54907376
those beautiful bimbo fuck bots make me want to play wildstar again.

anyway, do we have PDFs of starfinder yet?
>>
File: Fey Corgi.png (154KB, 588x824px) Image search: [Google]
Fey Corgi.png
154KB, 588x824px
>>54910187
>>
>>54910457
There's also an azata and an alufiend in the harem included
>>
>>54910608
Yes. We've had them for quite some time. It's... not really worth a damn.
>>
>>54910187
Actually the plural of corgi is corgwn.
>>
>>54910624
link?
>>
>>54910659
http://zalil.su/3875211

It was supposedly added to the SF repository, but somebody didn't use the new repository link, I see.
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-17+at+12.45.15).png (1KB, 144x24px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-17+at+12.45.15).png
1KB, 144x24px
>>54910712
Shiet.
People downloaded the CRB from my zalil.ru link 555 times by now. I never expected it to get this big.
>>
>>54910637
>Actually the plural of corgi is corgwn.

Sounds Welsh.
>>
>>54910716
Doing the Lord's work.
>>
>>54910712
>>54910716
>slav link
hmmmm..... dont know if i want to click that link
>>
>>54910746
I've used it, and the pdf seems to work fine. It has had 555 downloads. It's up to you, though.
>>
>>54910746
It's very shady, but it's legit and I haven't gotten a virus from it yet.
>>
>>54907205
My Android will be agender, but physically male, operative of high skill. But if I was one of those wierdos who pretends to be a female...
>>
File: 1488174306742.jpg (37KB, 806x538px) Image search: [Google]
1488174306742.jpg
37KB, 806x538px
>>54910716
555 people now have ransomware on their PCs.
Spend some of the bitcoin on more PDF leaks ok?
>>
Why haven't you applied to lewd Skull and Shackles yet, /pgg/?
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles
>>
>>54910776
It's clean, though.
I used the website for years.
The only reason is there is because the Mega kept getting taken down, while Russian websites don't care about DMCA requests and ignore them.
>>
>>54910790
I'm saving that slot in my schedule for Starfinder.
>>
File: 1411402590029.jpg (26KB, 640x604px) Image search: [Google]
1411402590029.jpg
26KB, 640x604px
>>
>>54910790
I wrote an app, then got too distracted beating my meat to the thought of it to actually submit the damn thing.
>>
>>54910808
>>54910773
DO NOT FIST ANDROIDS
>>
>>54910728
...did you not realize that the Welsh Corgi is Welsh?
>>
File: amalgamate_4_by_michaelo-d2wt643.jpg (140KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
amalgamate_4_by_michaelo-d2wt643.jpg
140KB, 667x1000px
>>54910815
What if they're specially adapted for that purpose?
>>
>>54910790
Because Spooky disappeared completely a few days ago and hasn't been seen since.
>>
>>54910790
Because I'm not pathetic enough to literally circlejerk with a bunch of other fatbeards.
>>
>>54910822
... No? I thought the Corgi was British, and British does not have a nationality.
>>
File: HTB1DV46HpXXXXXmXFXXq6xXFXXXD.jpg (59KB, 552x510px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1DV46HpXXXXXmXFXXq6xXFXXXD.jpg
59KB, 552x510px
>>54910815
>>
File: 1501915836274.jpg (365KB, 1920x1360px) Image search: [Google]
1501915836274.jpg
365KB, 1920x1360px
>>54910808
Flesh is a travesty.
>>
>>54910826
Why would you design an Android to be fisted? Why give them genitalia at all? The lore has already established they're incapable of conception.
>>
File: Cyborg-Girl.jpg (177KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cyborg-Girl.jpg
177KB, 1024x1024px
>>54910815
Like you wouldn't.
>>
>>54910845
Nah, the Corgi is Welsh, thought to be related to the Swedish Vallhund.
>>
File: Fist.png (369KB, 483x640px) Image search: [Google]
Fist.png
369KB, 483x640px
>>54910815
>>
>>54910865
Why would you make an android if not to fuck it?
>>
>>54910845
The Pembroke and Cardigan Welsh Corgi are both breeds of Welsh extraction. It is thought that the Pembroke has its distinctive, sharper, "foxy" features because of admixture from dogs introduced by Flemish weavers and immigrants, but that could be total bullshit, because dog people notoriously make shit up constantly.

But yeah, they Welsh as fuck.
>>
>>54910877
I wouldn't, because she looks like a hard amalgamate of plastic and steel.

The ideal robot girl would be a lot... Fleshier. Likely crafted out of gel and plastics.
>>
File: A Wizard And His Construct.jpg (96KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
A Wizard And His Construct.jpg
96KB, 640x1136px
>>54910897
>>
File: 8d81a252b0db363f2ea35d79e97893af.png (637KB, 610x1255px) Image search: [Google]
8d81a252b0db363f2ea35d79e97893af.png
637KB, 610x1255px
Most of us are aware of the envoy's major troubles as a class; I am still positive that a halfling envoy with Longarm Proficiency and Get 'Em at 1st, Clever Feint at 2nd, Weapon Specialization (longarms) at 3rd, Clever Attack at 4th, and Improved Get 'Em is the best possible build for an envoy who wants to kill people and help allies kill people. Nevertheless, I found myself curious about one of the expertise talents:

>Well Informed
>You keep yourself as up to date as possible about the events and major figures of any region you are in. Once you have been in a settlement or region for at least 24 hours, when you attempt a Diplomacy check to gather information, you can forgo your expertise die to attempt the check as a swift action (rather than the normal 24 hours).

This does not actually limit you to gathering information about "the events and major figures of any region you are in." Since there are telecommunications and internet networks, a major settlement such as Absalom Station could be home to countless information brokers and other intel sources.

A 3rd-level lashunta envoy could have Diplomacy 3 ranks + Charisma modifier 5 with personal upgrade + class skill bonus 3 + racial bonus 2 + insight bonus 3 from Skill Focus = Diplomacy +16. By taking 10, they hit DC 26.

• The DC to gather "obscure or secret knowledge" is 20 or more, so this character is well-off when trying to tackle such a task.
• The DC to gather information on a "prominent or well-known individual" is 5 + character's CR, which means up to CR 11 for this lashunta envoy.
• The DC to gather information on an "average or ordinary individual" is 10 + character's CR, which means up to CR 6 for this lashunta envoy.
• The DC to gather information on a "mysterious or obscure individual" is 15 + character's CR, which means up to CR 1 for this lashunta envoy. They can gather information on the most mysterious or obscure CR 1 space pirate or 1st-level-PC-equivalent NPC.

How useful could this be?
>>
>>54910897
>Why would you make an android if not to fuck it?

The lore is very specific on this! It states Androids are used as slave stock and general labor, not as fuck-toys!
>>
File: f85cf758305ee2b015a761c1e7bb6174.jpg (158KB, 713x1000px) Image search: [Google]
f85cf758305ee2b015a761c1e7bb6174.jpg
158KB, 713x1000px
>>54910865
Inability to perform biological reproductive functions does not preclude casual intercourse for the purposes of stress relief.
>>
File: doctor_by_zhangqipeng-d5r52x4.jpg (138KB, 900x1440px) Image search: [Google]
doctor_by_zhangqipeng-d5r52x4.jpg
138KB, 900x1440px
>>54910907
Right this way, sir.
>>
File: Of_course.png (322KB, 469x746px) Image search: [Google]
Of_course.png
322KB, 469x746px
>>54910897
>>
File: 1456757779197.jpg (26KB, 433x380px) Image search: [Google]
1456757779197.jpg
26KB, 433x380px
>>54910926
I wonder how Androids in Starfinder view sex, they find emotions awkward and difficult to process so it's not like they'll be especially intimate.

For all we know, Androids are easy-access stress relief for whatever party they're in.
>>
File: Capture.png (121KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
121KB, 863x752px
>>54910746
>>54910754
>>54910761
>>54910776
>>54910798
seems legit
>>
>>54910976
>unironically using Norton
>>
>>54910993
its free for me so i use it
it does catch stuff
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-25+at+08.10.07).jpg (83KB, 511x859px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-25+at+08.10.07).jpg
83KB, 511x859px
>>54910974
Depends on the 'Droid. YMMV.
>>
>>54910921

Or, to put it another way, does this lead to intel omniscience while in Absalom Station?
>>
>>54910894
What is this from? God damn that is one fucking sexy Japanese drawing
>>
>>54911097
Persona 3 manga
>>
>>54910976
I want that seawitch2...
>>
>>54911104
Aigis a cute! A CUTE!
>>
>>54910976

How many sea witches and Wildstar pictures do you have, anon?
>>
>>54911142
>wildstar
only a few, its an old folder from when i used to play the game. i miss it.
>sea witches
my merfolk folder has like.... 4000 images in it
>>
>>54911219

Share some, then, of either folder.
>>
>>54906649

>A 16 in STR costs you 1 attack/1damage, but the opportunity cost of 18 STR means no 16 DEX (+1 to both ACs, initiative, skills, reflex/bad save, mobility/spring attack qualifier), or 12 CON (+1 fortitude, +1 stamina/lvl), or 12 CHA (+1 social skills, +1 DCs, +1 resolve points), etc.
I valued direct offense in this case, because direct offense was what would actually put enemies into the ground and make reach-based attacks of opportunities threatening.

>I think this is the crux of the issue, and has nothing to do with the Solarian class itself, given a full BAB. What ACs were you fighting against at level 1?
That is irrelevant. At 1st-level, against any enemies with KAC 10 or above, an additional +1 attack and damage will always be relevant for trying to neutralize opponents.

>OK, so it sounds like you had healing, then. So was death self-inflicted because you were using a two-handed weapon? Or because your healer/debuffer was supposed to handle it but went down? Or you only were injured in a situation that you reasoned it was better to risk dying and keep swinging?
We had awful luck with attack rolls. That was the crux of the issue, really.

>What skills did you take? You should have had 5 of them, including easy access Diplomacy/Intimidate and with the ability to pick up 2 INT skills with Skill Adept for a +7 mod even with 10 INT. Even your soldier and mystic buddy putting heads together could have gotten you to a +9.
Skill Adept simply grants more class skills; it is not, in fact, Skill Focus. I opted for Athletics, Perception, Piloting, Sense Motive, and Stealth, all of which saw play, just in mediocre fashions.

>In terms of synergy, did you have any issues blocking your allies by giving the enemy soft cover?
No, because the mystic's Telekinetic Throw circumvented many cover issues at the lowest of levels, because the soldier could reposition themselves, and because the soldier had Sharpshoot for reducing cover bonuses anyway.
>>
>>54911269
i do, all the time.
couple weeks ago i made a mermaid thread that maxed out.
>>
>>54911013
>I injected myself with AIDS and have yet to get infected with a single case of Cancer
Well done, Anon. Well done.
>>
>>54910063
It would really depend on the culture but typically a guard is a year round job while a soldier is not. Medieval nations didn't usually have the resources to have significant standing army all the time, instead drafting most of the needed numbers to fill out the army only in times of conflict.
>>
>>54911309
>Medieval nations didn't usually have the resources to have significant standing army all the time
knights?
the entire social structure was for supporting a standing army called the nobility
>>
>>54911293

Well, do so more often.
>>
>>54911334
Knights were hardly the main body of an army. They were more like the tanks of their era and military officers. Most of the army consisted of farmers and other trades men that those nobility ruled over and spent most of their time doing they're jobs rather than fighting wars.
>>
>>54911309
>Medieval nations didn't usually have the resources to have significant standing army all the time,
Alex, I'll take "what is Fuedalism" for 600
>>
>>54911334
>superbullies with their own ambitions and weapons and little militias and men-at-arms and shit
>a loyal standing army

Not really, hoss.
>>
>>54907205
Could you feasibly do space races in Starfinder and make it interesting? Or even ground races?

Maybe you could do a multi-day race event to keep it fresh and play around with racer dynamics or politics?

I've been rewatching Outlaw Star and recently watched Redline for the first time.
>>
>>54911529
>superbully
That's an interesting word. I might have to use it.
>>
>>54911461
As I said here >>54911454 those Fuedal lords were not the main body of the army, it was the serfs who spent most of their time doing something other than being a soldier ready to march to war at a moments notice.
>>
>>54911543
There aren't really rules for drafting, increasing your speed beyond your max speed, engine troubles while racing, or much that could make the dynamic interesting turn-by-turn, I think. It would probably just be piloting checks, honestly. Space races are... not a great idea, I think.
>>
>Luci in the discord
>Says some stupid shit
>Called out
>n-no I'm not here for a confrontation

When will this faggot be banned already? Jesus christ.
>>
>>54911543
Well it does have rules for vehicle chases that you might be able to modify for your land racing bits.
>>
>>54911650
>faggots in the discord
>bring their stupid shit to the thread
>>
>>54911650
Nobody cares. Keep it in the Discord where it belongs. If you really can't contain your idiot drama, sit on your hands until an adult can assist you.
>>
>>54911650
What stupid shit?
>>
File: DAIvoSZ.gif (541KB, 499x232px) Image search: [Google]
DAIvoSZ.gif
541KB, 499x232px
Hi /pfg, I rolled a pretty awesome set of stats, 5, 10, 10, 11, 13, 15, to be specific. I've been trying to figure out a char that could use them properly, but end up feeling it's lacking something, statwise.

So I turn to you guys, got any ideas on what I should take a look at?

1st. Party material only, and only base races.
>>
>>54911695
If you want to know, join the Discord and read it. Don't bring it to the goddamn thread/stop samefagging.
>>
>>54905355
I am still interested, and don't let him get away with that excuse, he knew his teammates killing innocents was wrong!
>>
>>54911707
Chained Monk.
>>
>>54911650
>>54911685
>Keeping on bringing discord shit into the thread.

Nobody cares except you, shitlord.
>>
>>54908050
>How do I noblebright armor spikes?
Sharp ridges, Or strategically positioned so that you're not casually using them, but they're still there if you need them.
>>
>>54911707
Literally stop rolling stats.
>>
>>54911293
Yo I wanna fuck that fish.
>>
>>54907205
>How are you planning to use androids in your starfinder games?
I'm doing my own setting, so I'm using them as, basically, soul-eggs for a race that died out. Basically a race of large creatures that advanced their technology on a purely biological basis... all of their tech is biological, and they achieved an unheard-of mastery over the biological form, to the point where they had fairly solid control over their shape, limbs, and so on (not shapeshifting, but modifications made with gene treatment and meditation over the course of months).

Then a plague struck, one that managed to infect all of their biotech. In trying to treat it, they ended up with the super-bug problem we're just now starting to face, and accidentally bred a hyper-aggressive strain that started to wipe out entire planets of these guys.

In my setting, there are conflicting theories on whether souls are race-specific or if any soul can be reborn into any body. This race generally believed the former, and so they worried that if their entire race were wiped out (which looked more and more likely every year), there would be no new ones for the souls to be reborn into, and they would truly die out.

So both because of this, and just a general need to have stuff that the super-bug couldn't kill, they started looking into non-biological tech. They adapted their existing tech to use non-biological components, and ended up creating a series of forms with what they called a "soul matrix", a small magitech device designed to house a single soul, then programmed the matrix to accept souls of this race seeking hosts. They also tried to convert as much of their data storage to non-biological tech as possible, getting quite a bit of it.

Then they all died.
>>
>>54911707
All your GM to let you do a point buy instead, since dice want you to kill yourself.
>>
>>54911750
Oh, I would, but gm doesn't want to do point buy for some god forsaken reason, so I'm stuck with this.
>>
>>54911707
If your rolls are lower than what you could get with point-buy, then just use point-but.
>>
>>54911739
On second thought, I'm not sure why I even bothered... :v
>>
>>54911707
Don't use those stats. Ask for a reroll.
>>
>>54911818
Kobold Monk with 1 str, gogogogo.
>>
>>54911768
Not being the best at designing non-bio tech, the androids they had built lay dormant for quite some time, without the proper power sources to activate, even though the souls of the dead [insert as-yet-undecided race name here] had already begun filling the matrices. Over time, the components began to decay, and much of the data in storage was lost or corrupted. A few thousands of years later, explorers using the newly discovered drift plane began to arrive in the solar system, now pretty much cleared of all life (including the super-bug, which had nothing left to infest). They found some androids, got them working, and activated them.

They patched together the basics of the whole story from what they could recover from the data files, but very few specifics: mostly just that there used to be a biotech race, they all got sick and died, but put their souls into androids. Now, the androids are all that's left of this race, a few million. The knowledge of how to make the soul matrices is lost, so no new ones can be made... they can make things like them, but they won't have souls, they'll just be robots with AI.

So now, there are basically three types of androids you'll usually find:
There's the "Fuck this, I'm going solo." type that just wants to live their life and go do shit. These are usually the adventurers. Also most other androids discovered outside of their homeworld, who just want to live a normal life.
There's the "Preservation at all cost." type that believes that androids, being the stewards of the souls of a dead race, are obligated to stay alive above all else until they can figure out how to make new soul matrices to basically allow the race to be reborn. They all tend to stay holed up on their homeworld, paranoid about any threat, and obsessed with recovering the data on the corrupted drives to figure out as much as they can about the dead race.
>>
>>54911545
It's a good word
>>
>>54911707
A fantasy hero isn't a little above average, at one thing only. Put those rolls in the garbage.
>>
>>54911707
Okay, if you're serious...

You want that 5 to be in something like Charisma. Dump that as low as you can. Put the 15 into STR, put the 13 into CON and put the 11 into DEX. Put the rest into INT and WIS. Roll an Aasimar Barbarian or a Fighter, Barbarian is more useful since you can shore up your shitty stats by +4, and Aasimar gives you statboosts with no penalty.
>>
How does blur and displacement interact with each other?
>>
File: acc6d2d3af2e6507278fa86928a816ef.jpg (516KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
acc6d2d3af2e6507278fa86928a816ef.jpg
516KB, 768x1024px
>>54906572

The Medicine check DCs for treating deadly wounds are so high that you may as well just rely on a cache of serums of healing mk 1 for noncombat restoration of Hit Points.

Starfinder is a space opera science fiction setting, and yet the best way to heal from wounds outside of battle is through purely magical, non-technological healing potions.

How does this make sense?

>>54911864

Why not consider an Intelligence-based Charisma-dumper, such as a character with Clever Wordplay, Cunning Liar, Pragmatic Activator, Student of Philosophy, and/or Orator?
>>
>>54911871
Miss chances do not stack. You simply use the greater one.
>>
>>54911842
Then there's what I call the "weeaboo" type, that believe that since they hold the souls of the dead race, they are in effect that race. They've done everything they can to mimic them, using every tiny scrap of information recovered from the corrupted data storage to try to recreate the race's society again. They also tend to stay on their homeworld, though some of them do venture out. They also tend to modify their android bodies extensively, since the race's propensity for self-modification was learned from some of the data-recovery.

But overall, androids are the last remnants of a dead race, and each android that dies is another soul permanently lost (as far as most are concerned, anyway: still that debate on the nature of souls RE: race). How a lot of them deal with that knowledge is a big part of who they are as a person.

Also, this gives me some interesting story possibilities... for example, if a lot of androids suddenly start disappearing, is it a racially motivated killing spree, or a misguided android trying to "protect" as many souls as they can? What about a scientist (android or otherwise) that's kidnapping and experimenting on androids to discover - through increasingly gruesome means - how to recreate a soul matrix... and to what end? Can you remember the past lives of your soul? What about some androids -
recurring friendly NPC's, perhaps - going on a cross-galaxy pilgrimage trying to trigger lost memories to help learn more about their past?

Anyway, I still have some bits to fill out, but I thought it was an interesting idea.
>>
>>54911707
Beg your DM to just play 5e, you'll have more fun there.
>>54911864
>only basic races
He can't play an Aasimer because his DM's dumb.
>>
>>54911707
Ask the GM if you can reroll. If not, he's an asshole and you shouldn't waste any more time on him.
>>
>Bloodrage is a free action to activate/deactivate
>Be Arcane bloodline
>At 8th level get Displacement or Haste when Bloodraging
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cord-%20of-stubborn-resolve/
>At the begining of turn I Bloodrage to get Haste, full attack, at the end of turn I Bloodrage to get Displacement
Cheesy?
>>
>>54911707
That's an Investigator. Just drop the 5 in Cha
>>
>>54911707
>>54911787
>>54911804
>>54911829
Follow up: forgot to mention that gm does not allow for rerolls or point buy, I wouldn't have stuck with these rolls unless I had to.

>>54911834
Actually, that's a great idea! I'll just find a drug or some shit that will lower my STR even further, so that I'll become a vegetable
>>
>>54911707
Play a summoner and live vicariously through your eidolon.
>>
>>54911903
True, the medical expert feat is also a trap since it costs the same as a potion but still has the chance to fail.

Adv med kit makes it autopass at lvl 3 if you take 10 and have max int but at the cost of 2700, you may as well buy 2700 gp worth of pots.
>>
>>54911918
... can I play in your games? All of them?
>>
>>54911942
Play a Synth Summoner with your shittiest scores in physical stats.
>>
Just make a summoner, your stats don't matter for your eidonlon, synthesist works great
other than that be a character with an animal companion, a druid would work.
>>
>>54911707
>>54911942
Okay actual playable solution: You need to be a summons-focused character. You lose absolutely nothing, maybe a handful of spells per day you don't strictly need. Summoner is obvious, but all fullcasters can do it and a bunch have specific options that make summoning better for them in some way.
>>
>>54911942
>gm does not allow for rerolls or point buy
Find another group.
>>
>>54911976
There's nothing special about Synth for using bad stats. You're still using your eidolon's stats whether it's apart from you like a regular Summoner or on you wasting your actions with Synthesist.
>>
>>54911960
If I can ever get one off the ground, sure. My local crowd is either super busy and unable to game, or super fickle and unreliable for gaming.
>>
>>54911903
Our group is already discussing how to adjust the balance of the DCs, but I also intend to talk my GM into letting me make a technological alternative to the healing serums which heals a comparable about, maybe slightly more, but slower by giving fast healing for a few turns. I'm going to fluff it as a cocktail of healing nanites and nutrients they can use to fix and/or revitalize the recipient.
>>
>>54911909
You can, however, stack miss chances with Mirror Image since it uses different mechanics.
>>
>>54911934
You'll chew through rage rounds twice as fast. A wand of haste costs like half as much too, nets you the benefit of Haste, and won't end up getting shit banned at the table.
>>
>>54912011
It'll help you not get hit as much. You can run like a bitch to not get domed, but the boosted stats make you somewhat less squishy.
>>
>>54911942
Unironically tell your GM to play 5e. Pathfinder does not function well with that kind of mindset.
>>
>>54911942
Roll whatever, commit sudoku, reroll
>>
File: fwuq.png (58KB, 163x162px) Image search: [Google]
fwuq.png
58KB, 163x162px
>>54907205
Fetal alcohol syndrome?
>>
>>54911707
Put the 5 in CON and kill yourself immediately after the campaign begins.
>>
File: X5Reploids.png (301KB, 489x409px) Image search: [Google]
X5Reploids.png
301KB, 489x409px
>>54908884
No, the MM series and setting deserves better than starfinder
>>
>>54911051
>>54910921
Seems pretty clear the intent is the dm can use your character to info dump plot hooks when you go to a new planet. I guess that's one use for envoy.
>>
>>54912141
3 con Elf wizard
>>
>>54911920
>>54912057
Ability scores are even more important in 5e, because those and the +2-6 from Proficiency might be the only bonuses you're gonna get.
>>
>>54912141
Anyone with a scythe should have no trouble killing themselves whether your Con modifier is -3 or 0
>>
>>54912154
It also deserves better than cancellation and subsequently turning into what looks like a terrible children's anime, but we can't always get what we want can we?
>>
File: The Words That Hurt The Most.jpg (103KB, 722x690px) Image search: [Google]
The Words That Hurt The Most.jpg
103KB, 722x690px
>>54912245
>>
>Nethys hasn't updated Steadfast Personality with the errata that makes it only work with Mind-Affecting

I know in my heart no GM would actually roll with that, but I really wish they would
>>
>>54912077
Someone needs to defrag her hard-drive!
>>
>>54912197
In a GM's world where you have to roll stats, keep rolled stats regardless of how bad they are, scythes are not even a guaranteed-available commodity. You need to be able to ensure the 1-turn kill on yourself with a spear or less.
>>
>>54912014
I can only PbP anyway, schedule BS keeps me from regular gaming
>>
>>54912197
Does RAW let you coup de grace yourself?
>>
>>54912197
You can voluntarily fail saves so sodoku is a thing.
>>
>>54912394
Yeah, that should be acceptable.
>>
>>54912394
Probably? If it doesn't, go some class with shit hp. 3 con elf wizard, even with full hp at level 1 would only have 3 hp. With a 15 str and a greatsword, you could stab yourself for average 9 damage, killing yourself instantly.
>>
>>54912394
It's a bit of an oddity; by RAW, you shouldn't be able to, because you can only coup de grace a helpless (IE can make no actions other than purely-mental) target, and CdG is a full-round physical action. However, several instances in various APs (notably Book 2 of Rise of the Runelords in the haunted house) state that a character "attempts to commit suicide (coup de grace themselves)", implying that a CdG is, indeed, allowed despite breaking the rules regarding who you can target with it.
>>
What other classes and archetypes have access to bloodlines, specifically draconic? Arcanist, bloodrager and magus archetype come to mind.
>>
>>54912441
There's probably some weird rule with those interactions wherein your body CdG-ing you is considered a separate entity from your own mind.
>>
>>54912159
Be a venerable 3 con elf, and die instantly.
>>
>>54907701
You don't. Alternatively, Blitz Soldier, probably.
>>
>>54907507
I see what you did there.
>>
Hey 2Hu what's the best feat combination for a level 1 Technomancer? Improved init is definitely a winner but there aren't many good options for the 2nd feat since the feats are kind of shitty or have prerequisites that make them unavailable at Level 1.

Probably toughness and weapon focus are the only ones that give benefits for an Level 1 technomancer while Spell penetration doesn't really help you live through rusty dagger shanktown.
>>
>>54912441
A willing target is probably an easy exchange for a helpless one in anything saying it needs one, barring some nonsense spell that targets and removes helplessness or something.
>>
I'm tired and want to die! Tell me about your characters!

Do they like their party members?
Do they have a significant other?
When was the last time they were angry?
Who understands them the best?
Are they ever lonely?
What motivates them to keep adventuring?
Do they have and end goal?
What are their retirement plans?
>>
>>54912770
>Do they like their party members?
No
>Do they have a significant other?
Yes
>When was the last time they were angry?
Last session
>Who understands them the best?
Everyone
>Are they ever lonely?
No
>What motivates them to keep adventuring?
Love
>Do they have and end goal?
Yes
>What are their retirement plans?
Death
>>
>>54912770
I don't actually know any of these because none of this has ever come up in a game.
>>
>>54912770
Please don't feel like that, we care for you and want you to be happy!

Yes, not yet, when someone suggested they give up their power, probably the other knight in the party, CONSTANTLY, the promise of power and a place to belong, to rule, and hasn't thought about it yet.
>>
>>54912770
In order...

>Yes
>Yes
>About a few weeks ago
>Their significant other
>Sometimes, but they don't let it get to them
>Money, power, women
>Get enough dosh to fuck off to a hidden, secluded village and raise a clan.
>See above
>>
>>54912770
>I'm tired and want to die! Tell me about your characters!

I want to die with you!
>>
>>54912596
longarm proficiency and weapon focus
>>
>>54912800
I understand the intent, but you don't give a fuck about me. Thanks anyway.
>>
Is it just me or do starfinder casters no longer need free hands to cast?
>>
Never forget that somebody tried (and had mild success) turning Leakanon's thumbs into a meme. If this is how we're forced to live without the app circus, why bother living?
>>
As someone who burned out on 3rd edition, but really likes the science-fantasy idea is Starfinder worth checking out?
>>
>>54912969
Not until errata.
>>
>>54912969
Yes, it's actually showing a lot of promise, if not for the mechanics than the setting.
>>
>>54912596

I would advise choosing android (or, heavens forbid, ysoki) as your race, maximizing Dexterity and Intelligence, and making the most of spells like Jolting Surge and Supercharge Weapon at 1st level.

Improved Initiative will serve you well.
>>
>>54912932
We lived before it. We'll live on after it.
>>
>>54912918
Correct, no more somatic/verbal/material/focus components, barring some spells that require expensive stuff.
>>
>>54912969
There's better sci-fantasy systems out there, but if you're comfortable with 3E the mechanics will be similar enough that picking it up ought to be relatively painless.
>>
>>54913001
What other ones are out there? Star and Spelljammer, right?
>>
File: Hex.Maniac.full.1873575.jpg (507KB, 1003x951px) Image search: [Google]
Hex.Maniac.full.1873575.jpg
507KB, 1003x951px
What class would best fit this character image, /pgg/?
Hard Mode: No Witch
Nightmare Mode: Full BAB
>>
>>54913001
Savage Worlds is my go to, but home-brewing everything is tiresome and its sci-fi gear has issues. Any suggestions?
>>
>>54912770
The party members are useful.
Don't be silly.
Every day, whether it is the idiocy of a companion or the stubborn resistance of a foe hopelessly beaten before the fight even begins.
Their bitch of a mother
>Are they ever lonely?
Always
Wealth and Power
>Do they have an end goal?
See previous answer
Retire to a foreboding tower or sinister keep and rule the land with dark magic and old-fashioned terror.
>>
File: nothing to laugh about.jpg (139KB, 492x368px) Image search: [Google]
nothing to laugh about.jpg
139KB, 492x368px
>>54912770
It took a while to warm up, but yes.
Had one. She died long before the campaign started.
He had a paranoid shouting match with someone who used to work for a group that belonged to who he was (probably) irrationally blaming the death of his wife on
Probably his mother, but she's always miles away, and he's really trying hard to find chances to open up with members of the party.
>Are they ever lonely?
He's never really alone, but more chances to be in the company of different people would be nice.
The pay is good, the people really need someone to nurse their dumb asses back to health when they get themselves hurt, and he's already come this far without quitting.
Finish finding all the McGuffin fragments and pray that the thing doesn't actually have to be used.
Hopefully save up enough money to never have to worry about funding for bizarre personal projects, and NEVER have to worry about having to personally deal with ancient tombs or ruins again.
>>
>>54913024
Hard Mode: Summoner
Nightmare Mode: Unchained Monk with a homebrewed conversion of the Hungry Ghost Monk archetype
>>
>>54913024
Spiritualist?
>>
>>54913024
Living Legend Soulknife with a properly refluffed mind blade and Archmage?
>>
>>54913024
Void Prophet Zealot or Betrothed Avowed, if you want to factor in the dragon thing.
>>
File: 1454752937854.jpg (152KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
1454752937854.jpg
152KB, 419x419px
>>54913030
>Lonely
>Always

Fix that!
>>
>>54912986
But lets say I wanted to play human due to reasons. What would be my best choice for my bonus racial feat?

Also, Why those spells? Jolting surge is a melee touch spell so unless I'm missing something (definitely a possibility) it would be a str based check. Supercharge weapon on the otherhand seems good but two turns to deal 4d6 extra damage doesn't seem very efficiency compared to lets say, casting some other spell like overheat which I guess could be troublesome due to its poor range. Maybe I'm just stuck to PF theory but is one spell slot for a single target burst worth it?
>>
>>54913024
I want to fuck that hex maniac.
>>
>>54913058
>dragon
That's a Haunter
>>
>>54913030
>Their bitch of a mother
They should take their companions and go fuck her up.

>Always
I want to give them a big hug.
>>
>>54913107
You are correct. My apologies.
>>
Well I'm actually looking at Exocortex Mechanics, and they look cool as heck.
>>
We got a pdf available yet?
>>
File: 48178c1365f924a9f34bd32529978baf.jpg (257KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
48178c1365f924a9f34bd32529978baf.jpg
257KB, 1000x1400px
>>54913086

You are completely correct about Jolting Surge. I was imagining that it could use Dexterity for the attack roll. It seems that I was wrong.

With that in mind, for a human technomancer, you still want Supercharge Weapon. You can use it to hypercharge an ally's weapon, after all. Overheat will likewise provide a fair amount of damage at 1st level.

As for feats, you truly do have few options. Improved Initiative is a given, so I suppose that leaves only Toughness.

>>54913179

An exocortex seems terribly underwhelming compared to a drone.
>>
>>54913073
How? People are just teeming vermin, constantly jockeying for supremacy. You can't trust them. At best, you use them for as long as you can, and dispose of them before they can dispose of you.

>>54913115
We'll see about number one, though it would be a thrilling, climactic excursion.
Number two sounds very embarrassing.
>>
>>54913217
We have many pdfs available.
>>
>>54913230
Eh, maybe a little. But not as much as I'd feel concerned about. It makes you more fighty yourself, and you can mod yourself, and hack shit super good.

Only thing I wish was that you could split yourself between Targeting and Hacking as soon as you got a second Target, rather than having to wait until three targets.
>>
>>54913230
What about Longarm proficiency as some anon has suggested? Its probably going to be a two feat investment with Versatile specialization as a feat at level 3 but then again, level 3 is also an equally dead level on account of Spell focus already being a Technomancer freebie.
>>
>>54913241
>How?

Find a person that makes you feel good, and stick around them!
>>
>>54913179
I agree, my first character is going to be one with the Scholar Theme, their field of specialization will be nano-technology. They are also going to have a mild obsession with starship design, physical augmentation, bridging the gap between biological and mechanical and of course pushing science to it's limits. They'll sort of venerate Triune and Oras.
>>
>>54913279
Nice, point me at the pdf for the Starfinder core book.
>>
>>54913241
So what if someone ends up trusting your character? If they continue to make themselves useful, while seeming to break the rule of being untrustworthy?

And if it's embarrassing, that just makes me want to do it more!
>>
File: 1499474830218.jpg (119KB, 907x1389px) Image search: [Google]
1499474830218.jpg
119KB, 907x1389px
>>54907205
does anyone have link for the people of the stars PDF?
>>
>>54913041
How about UC Monk wth the Shadow Boxer archetype from SoP?
>>
>>54913024
>No Witch
Medium or Aberrant Discipline Psychic

>Full BaB

Id Rager Bloodrager
>>
File: 1497367286403.png (301KB, 493x460px) Image search: [Google]
1497367286403.png
301KB, 493x460px
>Being overrun by people who ask for the pdf every hour, every day
>>
>>54913305
>>54910712
>>
>>54913305
Sure it was posted upthread: >>54910712
>>
>>54913342
>Are we there yet?
>Are we there yet?
>Are we there yet?
>>
>>54913281
>>54913283

Technomancers are swimming in spell slots, between Spell Cache and Energize Spells.

A longarm may not see that much use from turn to turn, and you might not hit that often with Dexterity 14 and 3/4 BAB. I, for one, do not think it would be worth the investment, but I can see the logic behind taking up a longarm regardless.
>>
>>54913342
It's becoming quite annoying, especially when they don't even check the thread first.
>>
>>54913364
Dope as fuck, dude. I skimmed the thread but must have missed that post, you da best.
>>
>>54913375
>Dead Suns when?
>Can someone leak dead suns pdf PLEASE?
>Dead suns leak when?

>Where's starfinder?
>Link Me starfinder
>Does anyone have starfinder?

>
>>
>>54913377
Thank you 2hu, as usual, you continue to be a great person to bounce ideas off of.
>>
>>54913371
Same to you as what I said in: >>54913384
>>
>>54913024
Pathfinder can't emulate a pokemon trainer. So you there's no way to emulate this character.
>>
>>54913409
>preservationist
>>
>>54913404
>2hu
>great person

>deliberately sabotaged a solarian in a solarian playtest by dumping Cha
>>
>>54913179
They are worse than drone mechanics but completely viable.

I think mechanics are the best heavy weapon users because they can use overcharge to add 1d6/2d6/4d6 to damage. Which works great with a shock castors explode 10/15/20 ft
>>
>>54913421
I don't care about muggle classes.
>>
>>54913396
>GIBSMEDAT
Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>54913419
Pokemon don't disssapear after X rounds, nor do you magically prepare a new one for the aether each day.
>>
>>54913512
You pull it back into the Pokeball and let it sleep, swapping out to a different Pokemon the next day.
>>
>>54913512
>Implying you aren't just putting them back in their pokeballs after their duration runs out
>Implying they aren't just out of PP so you can no longer use them after a while
>Implying you don't put your pokeballs in the charging station every morning
>>
Trying to make a dex-based Solarian for concept since I'm getting dragged into this system, GM has no interest in houserules. Any way to make this not completely suck?
>>
>>54913532
That's not how preservationist works though. They work more like Saibamen if anything.
>When the duration expires, the preserved creature decays into powder
>>
>>54913576
Thats just pokeshit they leave behind as you pokeball them again.
>>
>>54913566
die and re-roll a soldier
>>
>>54913421
>implying cha is useful to solarians
>>
>>54913566
use a longarm with solar armor and shoot.
you have stats for dex and cha and don't need str.
Full bab and photon attunment adds to damage.
>>
>>54913611
No Not really. Especially when you consider summon X summons a new fresh creature each time and Pokemon don't recover unless allowed in a center.

You're not really going to find anything actually resembling a Pokemon trainer in Pathfidner. Closest I can think of is Gonzo's Monster Cowboy.
>>
>>54913624
resolve
>>
How do you dump strength and be a dex warrior? Light armor + weapon is already like your max carrying capacity, especially if you're doing TWF but even einhanding is still gonna be rapier + MW buckler. Clothes apparently take up like 5lbs minimum.
>>
>>54913287
A hopeless dream of the naive!

>>54913306
They may be destined for disappointment.
>>
>>54913654
1 level dip in soldier lets you use a stat that actually does things for that in addition to other benefits.
>>
>>54913566
Go solar armor, get your acrobatics as high as possible. Every round, tumble out of the enemy space and then solar rush them with your operative weapon. Become the shooting star.
>>
New thread:

>>54913680
>>54913680
>>54913680
>>
>>54913672
Simple answer? You don't, atleast not in PF because even dex based melee martials want power attack.
>>
>>54913689
But if you don't do that you need it.
He didn't do that, he needed resolve.
>>
>>54913679
>may be
I suppose that's good enough for now.
>>
>>54913679
Why is /pfg/ so allergic to character development?
>>
>>54913566

I dare say that a soldier (sharpshoot) 19/solarian (solar armor) 1 build is optimal.

The solarian dip provides a ranged soldier a handful of useful class skills (including Perception and Stealth!), +1 AC from solar armor, and +1 damage from photon mode.

Would anyone else agree that this is a good investment?
>>
>Get to reading through Starfinder skills
>Life Science
>LIFE SCIENCE
>L I F E S C I E N C E

IT'S CALLED BIOLOGY YOU DIPSHITS
>>
>>54913782
>character development happens overnight

Nice try, Anon.
>>
>>54913409
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/northwinter-press/monster-trainer/
>>
>>54913847
Yeah, that seems good.
>>
>>54913847
Well, let's see.

Envoy: 1 level gets you stealth and perception as well. You get one improvisation, and expertise 1d6 with Sense Motive + 1 additional skill as long as you have a resolve point.
Saves are +2 Will and +2 Reflex

Mechanic: You get a pick of your AI type, a Custom Rig, +1 insight to computers and engineering. You get computers and perception.
Saves are another +2 Fort and +2 Ref

Mystic gives you quite a few skills, but only +2 will save-wise. Connection, spells, healing touch can be of use.

Operative: Did you want skills? Skills yes? Skills. You also get +1 to initiative and skills, even more skill bonuses from choosing your specialization, and trick attack if you were going to use small arms, but that's probably less useful to your soldier.
>>
>>54913891
honestly, I'm pretty sure most Paizo devs probably never passed Biology class or ever studied anything more than basic Community College intro stuff
>>
>>54914056
But I bet they FUCKING LOVE science!
>>
>>54914082
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>54914089
It's a reference to the facebook group I Fucking Love Science. The vast majority of it's members like the cache of being seen as pro-science, but would recoil in terror if you ever tried to teach them any actual science or math.
>>
>>54914056
Pretty sure they couldn't even make it out of sex-ed.

>so... the... ponos, goes... uh... fuck, what was it again
>I don't think it's right to call it a ponos. did you ask it what it wanted to be called? I hated it when my parents called me James. It's like I was part of team rocket or something.
>but, all it says here is ponos, where does it even go?
>WHEREVER IT WANTS, AND AS ANYONE IT WISHES TO BE
>um guys
>HOW DARE YOU?
>um xerselves, what's 'vagoo'?
>>
>>54912770

Two of them are alright, one is tolerated
No
When the tolerated rogue fucked up his plan by not sneak attacking even though he used a spell slot to turn him invisible
Probably his sister
>Are they ever lonely?
Probably, but he distracts himself with his research on the stars
His brother is currently missing. If he wasn't he'd probably still be in his observatory working
He wants to travel and explore another planet
Retire? That's not for another 100+ years. Not even on his mind.
>>
>>54912770
Yes, she adores them as they're some of her only actual friends.
Yes, a wife.
When her wife was murdered and she was framed for it.
Either her wife or the Brawler. The Brawler is a good man that supported her through the whole "rescue my wife's soul" ordeal.
>Are they ever lonely?
Quite often. She often worries people don't actually care for her and that she has no friends.
She wants to make enough money to open a bakery.
To become the most famous baker in her home city.
Hand off her black blade to someone else and relax in her small house.
>>
File: and anatomically correct.jpg (52KB, 540x383px) Image search: [Google]
and anatomically correct.jpg
52KB, 540x383px
>>54907205
Programmed in multiple techniques
>>
LFG preferably gestalt and no lewds
>>
>>54907205
I'm gonna homebrew a proper robot.

Because what's the point in being a robot if you're just gonna look like a human?
Thread posts: 378
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.