[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 42

File: ww.png (445KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
ww.png
445KB, 500x358px
Previous thread: >>54689261
>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/the-dog-days-of-august-sorta-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
Have you used the fighting supplements? (like WOD:Combat, Hurt locker etc...)
>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da
>>
File: YHVH_SMT2.png (2KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
YHVH_SMT2.png
2KB, 128x128px
>>54704483
Hey guys quick question. In CoD how strong do physical augments like Vigor and the strenght gift make you at max rank? Is it life car level, lift bus level, lift tank level?
>>
Thank you for the feedback on what I finished so far everyone
>>
I'm a Mage irl
>>
>>54704799
But do you get jetpacks and lazer guns? If not why even be a mage?
>>
>>54704818
I get all that and more that you could ever dream of
>>
Friends, Faggots, Cuckolds. Lend me your ears.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/6fua9m/exalted_a_history_of_exposure_3rd_edition_the/

in a nutshell, OPP are cutting overhead by fucking over their writers and devs, content that the meat grinder of the OPP forums will provide fresh, naive souls for the forges.

Of particular interest is the revelation that there is only ONE MAN doing every piece of layout for all 13+ game lines.

It makes me wonder if it wasn't just Brucatto that screwed the pooch on M20....
>>
>>54705098
the screenshots on "Dick" Thomas losing his shit over people criticizing his sub-par artwork are beautiful. I now imagine he speaks like Rick from the Young Ones.
>>
>>54705098
This is news from like 3 months ago, why are you bringing it up more when nothing new has happened?
Then again shitting on RichT is almost as good as shitting on Brucatto.
Carry on.
>>
You don't understand Onyx Path is a small indie company.
>>
>>54705287
Running a small business hardly justifies being a garbage person that can't take any criticism at all, like RichT
>>
>>54705212
Can we shit on both of them together?

Something like: Rich gave Goat Boy a blank check on M20 because he has patreon groupies to pay his rent and only wants organic hummus and sidebars from Rich unlike those other hacks who demand actual money.
>>
Your complaints are futile. Nobody cares about /wodg/

They're all protected in their safe space OPP forums
>>
>>54705212
cause holden and morke need their cheerleaders after they fucked up their chance to work in the rpg industry by not doing the work they were supposed and lying about it for years
>>
>>54705629
Sycophants, the lot of em.
>>
>>54704541
Well 5 dots is the pinnacle of normal humans. So depending on how many extra dots, yes?
>>
Could a True Fae fight an Archmage?
>>
>>54705800
So 5 dots of vigor is only peak human...
>>
Version 1.23
The Illumined Path were... A bit weird to write, if I'm going to be honest. A lot of their Spirit stuff showed just how much stuff Spirit has lost in 2e.

So I uh, put some more of that back in.
e.g. Their Third Attainment protects Sleepers with this weird aura, that if you have Spirit 3 stops them from taking Breaking Points from non-Supernal, non-Abyssal supernatural stuff for the duration.

Their Second Attainment also kind of forces people to act in accordance with their nature and perspective on other's Enlightenment. So those who want to help others are Inspired, and those who are selfish pricks are compelled to run away, escape, or protect themselves. It's withstood by Resolve though, and with Potency equal to Spirit dots, so you can easily spend a Willpower to push through and take offensive action.

Their fifth Attainment? Buddy I know that's not how it works RAW bar Archmasters and that usually causes Banishers and Madmen, but the person who created that attainment had to be Gnosis 9+, was likely an Archmaster, and could do whatever the fuck he wanted.

So yeah, you want to spend a DOT of Gnosis to awaken a suitable Sleepwalker at Gnosis 9? That sounds fair to me.
>>
File: technical-difficulties.jpg (114KB, 623x480px) Image search: [Google]
technical-difficulties.jpg
114KB, 623x480px
>>54705986
Oh shit, just realised that I forgot an optional arcanum for the first Attainment.
Uh, stand by folks.
>>
>>54706008
Ooookay.
Version 1.24
Now with simple Twilight sight stapled on to the first attainment.
Fourth Attainment is a bit weird, and mostly useless for the Mage themselves.
However really this Legacy about helping others, and I doubt a Gnosis 6 mage would really care about the power of his Attainments beyond their ability to help Sleepers.
>>
Jesus Christ you guys weren't kidding when you said beast was the worst splat ever written for WoD chronicles or classic. This book is painful to read.
>>
>>54705935
No. 5 dots in vigor adds 5 dots to your strength. So 5 strength+5 vigor=10. At that you can lift a tank of semi truck.
>>
>>54706422
Bench press maybe, pick up and throw at somebody probably not.
>>
File: kek.gif (87KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
87KB, 200x200px
>>54705629
>Holden and Hill fucked themselves because they didn't do the paperwork
And that's why you always get everything in writing. Verbal agreements don't mean shit
>>
So what happens if a hollow mekhet's Ka is destroyed? Power reserve drained, blasted into oblivion, like destroying a 'regular' ephermal entity that isn't an anchored ghost? Do they just lose it forever, no reflection but no more Ka fucking with them?
>>
>>54705287
So was Catalyst, and they still found the money to fuck over an entire fanbase, embezzle some money, fuck over the people who'd make quality material - and renovate their bathrooms! Let's not write OPP off, here. I've got faith they can do all that and more. They're already starting!
>>
>>54706112
I love you. Please include rules for waifuing the gate in the next release. God help the poor bastard Seer who ascends to become one with their Exarch when their Exarch is the gate.

Seriously though, this is impressive work. All of it.
>>
>>54707126

Catalyst managed to come in and out of an embezzlement scandal and still keep Shadowrun, and if that's not a sign of how fucked this industry is, I don't know what is.
>>
>>54707153
But how can OPP top it? Slave children in Malaysia? Maybe the reference to the creation of Hollow Ones is actually where OPP keeps a writing sweatshop, where writers are surgically grafted to computer workstations! Larp events as recruitment centres for Rich's Rape Dungeon!
>>
>>54707180

They can't and they won't. There's just not really anything to make fun of. They're just a company that can't handle of its workload with an IP long past its prime and a fanbase that swings between devoted acolyte and jilted lover.
>>
>>54707235
Problem is a lot of it really is quite good and fun to play. But the baggage attached to the line is huge. We run WoD and WoD games sometimes, but jesus *christ*, you do not talk about it in 'tg public' or the people think of fat-goth-girl-with-a-heart-and-blood-in-her-hand-LARPing.
>>
File: thinblood.jpg (69KB, 640x680px) Image search: [Google]
thinblood.jpg
69KB, 640x680px
>>54697943
>Considering the EXP cost, would these be reasonable uses of Inception for 15th generations?

It seems like too much of a "circumvent the Curse" path for me. I mean, yeah there are already ways to do that to some degree (Fortitude, thaumaturgy rituals etc) but a big part of the vampiric theme is that you're cursed and that you have some really major weaknesses.

Circumventing those weaknesses too much, even for a thinblood, will harm the game's story and theme even if it's potentially "viable" in terms of a thinblood maybe figuring out a way to do it.

Plus, most Inceptors don't ACTUALLY make new disciplines; most just re-discover lost or nearly-unknown disciplines, which to most vampires will *seem* like something brand new.

We see several examples of this in the Time of Thin Blood supplement for VtM: 2 out of 3 of the "inceptor" disciplines are actually just rediscovered disciplines or thaumaturgical paths, while the last one that is actually original is still severely limited.

Thinbloods making new disciplines sounds scary on paper to an Elder, because the eldest Elders are familiar with the concept of making super-strong disciplines that became their trump cards over the centuries, but any shmuck on the street could tell you that "getting slightly better odds when gambling, but only in certain situations, and never changing things around too much" does not really make for an impressive power.

So, yeah, could a thinblood do it? Potentially. But even if they made a discipline along the lines of "sunbathing for vamps", you'd have to limit it greatly (Far beyond just the "only 3 dots" rule) or add severe drawbacks to make it viable from a gaming perspective.

Otherwise, it'd just detract from the story. And that's a big no-no, in my eyes.
>>
>>54705212
Because I only just found out about it?

Because I'm not really into Exalted and this thread is starved of actual content?

Because I'd rather wrench my neck muscles trying to suck my own dick than have to explain to one more fucking moron about different game lines having different themes and styles?
>>
>>54707324
Can you suck your own dick? I've always been curious about the mechanics of that. Can you post a picture? Censored, sure, just leave the rough workings of your body visible so we can see where you're straining/bending?
>>
>>54707335
Well, no, I can't, hence me saying I'd strain my neck muscles if I tried.

I've seen pics, but I think you need to be born with unusually loose joints or something similar.
>>
>>54706366
Isn't it? It's just jaw droppingly atrocious. Intellectually offensive. The writers, the developer, all of them, are a disgrace. I really hope none of them are working on Deviant (or anything else related to CofD) ever... ever.. again.
>>
>>54707001
And what do you do when no-one gives you the fucking contract at all? Or they pay you 200k worth of words when you did 350k?

Verbal agreements are still binding under the right circumstances. If they weren't, Holden and Mork would own the rights to their own writing.
>>
>>54706366
We tried to warn you, you poor soul. I can only pray you didn't shell out any actual money for that turkey.
>>54707439
Does anyone have a complete credits list? We can compare, contrast and complain.
>>
Could you use co-location to get into the Shadow? Or are you stuck using Spirit 3 to wind down the gauntlet enough to create a Verge and stepping over yourself?
>>
>>54707765
You can create an Iris into the Shadow with Spirit 3.
It's just Withstood by Gauntlet Strength.
>>
>>54707850
Yuh, should have mentioned that too. More looking for a way to get in using Space.
>>
>>54706112
Did you mean to peg the perfected adepts final attainment as being a permanent thing in that writeup? So once they use the attainment, that's it until they use it again? Does it stack with Attainment 3?
>>
>>54707857
IDK, search for and teleport to a Verge?

Being able to hop between dimensions with Space alone seems to dismiss a few of the other Arcana really, as they're not real 'places' that you can go to without Magic.
>>
>>54707765
You can teleport into the shadow with space 4 and spirit 2, so i see no reason you couldnt add spirit 2 to colocate to get there.

You are not however getting into the shadow using space alone.
>>
>>54707905
It's advanced duration, and it has an effect not determined by Potency. So yeah, it's got a duration of 1 year, and needs a ritual to maintain. But are you going to forget, some time in that year, to do it again?

Also sure, The Perfect Ogranism stacks with Chi Force.
One creates a new 'Perfect' Body, the other makes it even better, if you bother to spend the Instant Action for the scene.

Really though, to do so requires Gnosis 8, or Gnosis 9 if you can't find a mentor.
So I think it's fine.

Really, I went a bit bullshit with the 5th Attainments, nobody's ever going to encounter them as anything other than plot points, or 'lesser' powers in an Archmaster game.
>>
So how's the new Dark Eras going to be?
>>
>>54707955
I noticed. About the weakest one I've spotted in there was the one for the Secret Order of the Gate. Christ, the third optional for the PA is obscene on its own.
>>
>>54707964
SHIT.

Oh, you mean which one? Looks like Ancient Ireland is going to win. Not that I care, I'm not giving those shitheads another red cent. Piracy 4 lyfe, cunts.
>>
http://www.enworld.org/forum/content.php?4329-White-Wolf-Announce-Storytellers-Vault-Content-Creators-Program

I'm just sad Aspel wasn't here to see this... he would have told you all about his ideas for new modules, and oh, you would have all wept and tore at your hair.... fun times.
>>
>>54707955
One more, actually, because I'm not quite sure if I'm reading it right. That same third attainment - I'm guessing it was modelled on kinetic strike but made purely melee and given the damage boost instead of the range?
>>
>>54706366
The "best" part is that it's not even just that it's the clumsiest attempt to virtue signal ever. It's also a legit mechanical fuckhouse of fail.
>>
>>54708051
What a shame. The Golden Age of Science Fiction was the first one that appealed to me. Would've backed if it's been the one.
>>
>>54708095
The way it looks right now it wouldn't be either, they're about a 1,000 dollars short of that stretch goal and we're well within the period where "last minute" backers generally start rolling in.
>>
>>54708063
Oh yeah, I didn't write that explanation very well.
Yes, it's Kinetic Strike, reach into Advanced Duration and the Stunned Tilt effect.

As it's duration primary, the effect lasts initially 1 week, then a month, then a year as your Forces rises. However I neglected to mention that as before, there's no way a Monk will neglect that particular hour of training.
So yeah, the secondary factor goes into Potency, is it's 2 to start with, then rises to 3 at Forces 4.

Also Kinetic Strike without reach (and Attainments rarely have any) is always unarmed. I realise I forgot to actually mention that. I've added those clarifications to my document, and they'll be there when I get around to doing the Scions of God.
>>
>>54708143
Alright, ta. PA was my legacy last time we played, was going to do it again. I sort of liked paradox-free-do-it-in-public hadouken, but I dig why it isn't there so much anymore.
>>
>>54708143
When writing that Legacy, I also realised that Perfected Adepts will almost certainly not get to use their Defence against Firearms.

Given that Forces and Life Mage Armour don't permit that, and neither Arcanum has that as an effect for a spell. A disturbing realisation for me, given that I gave them an Fourth Attainment which offers that as a possibility.

Bugger.
I really don't want to put the madness of Kinetic Shield into Attainment form though.
It makes me feel unclean and doesn't really work well with their entire dynamic.
Slapping charging people into walls though.
That's fun.
>>
>>54708156
The Hadouken would also be limited to their Fourth Attainment, which requires Gnosis 6, rather than their 2nd in 1e which is only Gnosis 5.

I mean, I can put it back in, in place of the existing 4th Attainment, and then come up with something else for the 5th Attainment...
Do you think that would be better?
I'm not above going back and revising my earlier stuff if someone has a request or suggestion that's better.
>>
>>54708175
I read it as "Combine this attainment with Fate/Space/Time armour and you can defend against bullets that way".

You could just do a non-spell like attainment like some of the other legacies have, I guess? "If it's physical, you can apply your defense. Apply your forces to your defense stat" or something similar.
>>
>>54708188
Honestly? I'm probably not the best person to ask. We've run exactly 8 sessions of the new game. Balance and gameplay isn't really something I can comment on with any confidence. I *liked* Hadouken, but the current one is solid, just lacks 'flash', which probably fits the perfected adepts better. And they get a sort of hadouken if they ever hit the fifth attainment. Maybe hash out one for both options and see which one you like better, since you're the one doing the work. I think most people here are pretty happy either way, given the reactions to what you post.

Plus if you replaced the fifth attainment you'd probably have to turn the third attainment into some sort of step-up thing, the way the originals got to add a second stat to their boost.
>>
Scions of God pweese
>>
>>54708287
no
>>
What would be the benefit of having week long Acceleration?
>>
>>54708358
Not having to waste time casting it combat.
>>
>>54708366
You could always just hang it, especially as an Acanthus since you could use Fate to put a conditional trigger on it.
>>
>>54704483
So when is Scion coming out?
>>
>>54707439
>The writers, the developer, all of them, are a disgrace. I really hope none of them are working on Deviant (or anything else related to CofD) ever... ever.. again.

DaveB wrote the Lairs section of Beast, has writing credits on every CofD game sans Hunter, and is the developer of Mage and Deviant. He even wrote the story in the Beast fiction anthology, "Premeditation," that involved a beast, mage and changing breed crossover.

Most of the problems with Beast are the fault of MattMc, whose vision guided game, and RichT, OPP's owner and Creative Director who should have easily seen the trainwreck. Don't forget that you're reading the "improved" Beast. The near "final" draft was released with the Kickstarter, and believe it or not, it was MUCH worse, so bad that Matt tried to do rewrites during the course of the Kickstarter.
>>
>>54707630
There's somewhat of a postmortem of the disaster, and it looks like Matt was the one who really fucked this one up. Judging by his quotes, he's a sniveling cringe level lefty who injected his own personal garbage into it. The editor, Michelle Lyons MacFarland is even further along on that fringe, and happens to be his wife so with no quality oversight, they got possibly the most embarrassing RPG since FATAL. Published. Way to go kickstarter backers.

http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/kurieg/beast-the-primordial/
>>
So, can supernaturals still not be ghouled in 2e? Just made vitae addicts?
>>
>>54708379
That's an incredibly poor decision as that involves more mana, and more spell control.

Easier to just leave it idling in your spell control.
>>
>>54708452
> he's a sniveling cringe level lefty
Don't even fucking attempt to push this on the left. The book's obviously written like a alt-rightist's power fantasy, only dressed up in politically correct terms so as to not be so obvious, except of course alt-right is incapable of subtlety.
>>
>>54708597
5/10.
>>
>>54707335
>>54707402
Unless you've got back problems, you can do it with some training. Stretching's a basic exercise in most sports, you know.
>>
>>54708604
> damage control
And I barely even said anything.
>>
>>54708597

You do realize that Matt, Rich and most of the authors of Beast are very openly and proud members of the left and hard left?

The facts that Beast demonstrates a shocking lack of self-awareness about such politics of identity doesn't make it or the authors "alt-right" or anything else.
>>
File: kim-il-sung-9364759-1-402.jpg (27KB, 343x402px) Image search: [Google]
kim-il-sung-9364759-1-402.jpg
27KB, 343x402px
>>54708065
>virtue signal
Ah yes, the typical alt-right-wing argument against it. Not content to argue about broken mechanics, pointless character motivations, poor layout or the crap that passes for art, there's always that ONE little panphobe that crawled or was banned from r/The_Real_Donald and came here to act like he *actually* knows something, or *actually* bought a single book from this publisher, ever.

You can't even use your own fucking terms properly. "Virtue Signalling" means the pointless placation of "the left" by a hypocritical "centre", right?

Aren't you the same measley-mouthed little shit that whines about how many damn fags, trannies, dykes, niggers, wops, kikes, spicks and Dem Damm Injuns get jobs writing for OPP?

Time to pick one. OH WAIT! That would require consistency, and that isn't terribly common with cases of schizophrenia.
>>
>>54708141
>and if you look over your shoulder, folks, you'll just catch sight of Peak KS disappearing into the distance.... aint that a sight.
>>
>>54708644
> left-wing politics
> Yankistan
Choose one.
Your political climate is rightist to the very core. Labels are irrelevant.
If you're going to say that leftists didn't mind BtP more than rightists did, then you'd be lying.
>>
>>54708297
Oh, pretty please.
>>
>>54708689
Hey Matt, how do you manage to type with your head so far up your own ass?
>>
>>54708452
What is so "left" about it? I must have missed the chapter that talks about granting buffs if the Beast recycles or buys take-out from environmentally sustainable small businesses.
>>
>>54708713
> everyone who disagrees with me is a shill
Do go back to r/The_Donald.
>>
>>54708699
>If you're going to say that leftists didn't mind BtP more than rightists did, then you'd be lying.

Except that wasn't the point of the post at all.

Beast was written from a perspective of the left, just like almost everything else from WW. This is obvious and unremarkable. The problem with Beast was it took some of the politics and culture of the left to such an absurd degree that it became an offensive caricature noticed even by some ostensible leftist supporters of WW products. Rather than a abandon the project entirely, OPP's patches and rewrites often just highlighted the problems.

Also, spare us the garbage about how you're so left that you believe the OPP writers are really members of the right in comparison.
>>
>>54708610
How does stretching allow you to achieve that kind of angle with your spine, bro?

Wait, how do YOU know this?

I'm.... asking for OP.
>>
>>54708730
It's left because the gays were mentioned as being good people. Of course, he chose to forget that there was an uproar over implications of LGBT people being malicious monsters, because of course lefties liked it and are all evil and are ruining 'Murrica.
>>
>>54708730

Beast is identity politics writ large.

However, in making a leftist revenge power fantasy against the purported "right" (e.g, homophobes, MRA activists, etc.), they inadvertently justifies the alleged hate of the right by making Beasts monsters without any redeeming qualities or moral self-reflection.
>>
>>54708644
>You do realize that Matt, Rich and most of the authors of Beast are very openly and proud members of the left and hard left?

Why is this only ever an issue when it isn't the same sexuality / political affiliation / gender as you guys?

It's just I never hear a gay guy get as ass-blasted as you turkeys over a conservative game designer. Ever.

You need therapy.
>>
>>54708730
Go fuck yourself Matt.. We are not letting you try to drag this thread into a political argument where you just try and call all your critics Trump supporters or Men's Rights Advocates.

For those who don't know, Matt responds to criticism of beast in this manner every. damned. time.
>>
>>54708706
no
>>
>>54708750
Have you really never done any stretching exercise, not even once? It's basic, obvious stuff.
> Wait, how do YOU know this?
Oh, I'd like to be so stretchy as to be able to give myself oral, but alas. I just know that it can be done rather easily if there's will.
And do google "autofellation". Seeing for yourself is quicker than asking.
>>
>>54708713
> I'm so schizophrenic I assume I'm talking to the same games designer I'm discussing

Seek. Help.
>>
>>54708754

The LBGT crowd being monsters in Beast was not the intent of Matt, just a side-effect of their representing minorities, just with superpowers, yet writing them with absolutely no redeeming qualities.
>>
>>54708743
> Beast was written from a perspective of the left
No, it wasn't. The left is anti-hierarchical, while BtP explicitly was and is.
> politics and culture of the left
You mean the trappings? Gee, matey.
> Rather than a abandon the project entirely, OPP's patches and rewrites often just highlighted the problems.
Uh huh, and you imply that that's them acting leftist, rather than merely refusing to take responsibility for their own actions.
> spare us the garbage about how you're so left that you believe the OPP writers are really members of the right in comparison
Oh, please. The whole bloody world laughs at Yank politics, don't act as if it's news for you.
>>
File: 1484113340404.jpg (43KB, 481x365px) Image search: [Google]
1484113340404.jpg
43KB, 481x365px
>>54708689
Right. Well, here's where the thread starts going downhill. I'll be back later once our righteous little snowflake here gets their tantrum out of the way.
>>
>>54708732
>everyone who disagrees with me is my empty headed straw man
It's funny that you keep shrieking about reddit while behaving like it's user base.
It's also funny how you manage to miss type the phrase "mealy mouthed" while exemplifying it's definition.
Just the sort of thing a whiny, wannabe intellectual like Matt would do.

>>54708781
>I'm such a fucking ignoramus I'll respond to the same post twice using identical language and expect nobody to notice
>>
>>54708769
>(e.g, homophobes, MRA activists, etc.)

So the fact that those groups have traditionally been responsible for beatings, harassment, stalking, doxxing, hate speech, hate crime, discrimination.... that means you think the "purported ""right"" should be the Beasts..?

Isn't that the same problem but the political spectrum is inverted?
>>
>>54708807
>The left is anti-hierarchical
You blew the ruse.
3/10, too obvious, better luck next time.
>>
>>54708770
>It's just I never hear a gay guy get as ass-blasted as you turkeys over a conservative game designer. Ever.

That's a deflection, and has nothing to do with the actual, and quite ample, shortcomings of Beast.

You also first said that Beast wasn't a product of the left. Since that position was obviously intellectually dishonest and absurd, you've seemed to now evolved your position to little more than complaining about how it's not fair the left is picked on or criticized.

If you believe a rpg book written from the perspective of the right is too bluntly political, inconsistent or otherwise problematic, feel free to start a discussion in the appropriate forum. Until then, condemn or defend Beast on its own merits.

Moreover, "conservative" is not necessarily defined as anyone to the right of you. Terms and language have meaning, and you're believe that some of the left aren't really leftist enough is completely immaterial.
>>
>>54708788
You know which political groups also like to portray themselves as a slighted minority who because of their status can do no wrong? Libertarians and literal bloody fascists. You can't spin this your way, matey.
>>54708820
> it's user base
> it's definition
> miss type
Wew. Talk about whiny, wannabe intellectuals.
>>
>>54708840
>>>/pol/
(Oh, wait, let me guess: but you don't even visit /pol/, right?)
>>54708842
> That's a deflection
> intellectually dishonest and absurd
Stop projecting, pretty please?
>>
>>54708846
Mealy-mouthed
adjective
avoiding the use of direct and plain language, as from timidity, excessive delicacy, or hypocrisy; inclined to mince words; insincere, devious, or compromising.

Like fucking poetry.
>>
>>54708754
Given that those "malicious monsters" where presented in an entirely sympathetic light, consistently so, and were the de facto player characters and protagonists, and the antagonists, the ironically named "heroes" were deeply amoral/deranged (low integrity) antagonists presented entirely in a negative, pretty much hateful spotlight, such "implications" are largely unintentional.

But oh man, that unintentional subtext is there. Matt's utter incompetence and ignorance, his stumbling, brutish virtue signalling, managed to create an abomination deeply offensive to people pretty much across the political spectrum, even to bigots on both sides of the spectrum
>>
>>54708846
>>54708832

Do you realize that you're actually quite powerfully proving the points by the earlier Anon criticizing your comments about Beast.

>Yankistan
>Yank politics

Yawn.
>>
>>54708883
> i-if I call him a liar first, he c-can't say I'm the one who's bad!
Really, that living failures who never managed to mature beyond kindergarten think themselves paragons of virtue is just sad.
>>
>>54708808
>what is trolling
>>
>>54708860
>link to /pol/
>'no u'
What an impressively empty post. At least try to come up with decent comebacks and rebuttals if you insist on flinging your shit everywhere.
>>
>>54708902
All right, you caught me by the tongue. I'm Matt himself, trying to shield my work and character from critique. It's not like the alt-right are sad manchildren incapable of dealing with dissenting opinions. You must be right, there's no other possibility here.
>>54708924
> rrreeeee
>>
>>54708904
>if I keep repeating myself I'm sure I'll feel smart eventually
Funny behavior from someone who so enjoys calling others "schizophrenic".
>>
I'm curious what Beast would have looked like if someone like Dave or Strew developed it rather than Matt.

>Please god don't Dave fuck-up Deviant and make OPP's next attempt at an entirely new splat equally horrible.
>>
>>54708832
No, you fucking vile git, I think I speak for a great many of us when I say leave the fucking identity politics out of our games.
>>
>>54708930

Complaining about the perceived evils of the right is not actually a defense for the problems of Beast.

You can't simply just make game's antagonists your ideological enemies and believe that's enough to make it a good ttrpg.

If fact, when that happens, Beast or something like it is the inevitable result. Juvenile power revenge fantasies often reveal flaws and insecurities in the protagonists far more than it provides substantive commentary on the antagonists.
>>
>>54708933
You know what I can't stop being amused by? /pol/yps always clinging to the illusion that there could possibly be more a single person in the world disagreeing with them, that dissent is a function of them being wrong and normal people's willingness to call /pol/yps out on it. Oh, no, it must be the one fat snowflake loser tumblrina who's out to get people who aren't as pathetic as her.
>>54708952
> us
See? It's "us" when the alt-right speak, but a singular "you" when they're being disagreed with.
>>
>>54708930
>call everyone immature while having a tantrum over a factitious insult
With self awareness like that you aren't lending much credibility to the "I'm totally not Matt you guys" argument.
>>
>>54708689
You are reacting with such righteous indignation to the accusation because the barb struck true. You know goddamn well that virtue signalling is used much more broadly and yeah, looks like you don't like the thought your own callous insincerity being laid bare.
>>
>>54708975
> Complaining about the perceived evils of the right is not actually a defense for the problems of Beast.
It's not. That wasn't the point in the first place, though?
>>54708982
>if I keep repeating myself I'm sure I'll feel smart eventually
>>
>>54708992
> Projection: the Post
>>
>>54708979
>always clinging to the illusion that there could possibly be more a single person in the world disagreeing with them
>he says while impotently venting his fury that any would dare disagree with him
>>
File: 1487686075301.png (480KB, 1200x763px) Image search: [Google]
1487686075301.png
480KB, 1200x763px
>>54708689
Stop virtue signalling.
>>
>>54708979
I sincerely doubt that there's more than one of you autists posting in here, and by "us" anon meant a lot of the posters in this thread, I imagine, because many posters have expressed annoyance and contempt for shoehorned identity politics and such.
>>
>>54708994
>no u
See?

That's rhetorical by the way since you seem to have a great deal of trouble grasping language.
>>
>>54709003
>no u
Why is anybody taking this guy seriously again?
>>
>>54709006
> no u
Now that's just sad.
(Funny: exactly as I wrote this part, two posts by /pol/yps appeared that had it before I posted it. Really gets your neurons working.)
>>54709024
Oh no, I never for a second doubted that /pol/yps were ever not proficient at attempting to silence dissent in screeching louder than the opposition, I'm just saying that your attempts at pretending to speak for the general populace have never fooled anyone.
>>
>>54709051
>no u: the post
>>
>>54708979
Hey Dave, you're not using your trip but you have a tell. You've really made an ass of yourself here this morning. Sorry mate, you look a first year uni student trying to prove herself but failing desperately.
>>
>>54709051
>anybody who disagrees with me or even makes a post pointing out my juvenile antics is /pol/
>implying anyone was speaking for the general public
Very weak.
>>
>>54709038
They aren't, practicing dealing with the mentally handicapped might come in handy if I ever find myself playing Beast.
>>
File: 1428169751951.png (94KB, 1350x653px) Image search: [Google]
1428169751951.png
94KB, 1350x653px
>>54709073
> I-if I keep repeating a statement, everyone will have no choice but to believe it!
>>54709082
Oh, but you are /pol/, matey.
>>
>>54709090
>no u: illustrated edition
>>
The Magefags are allowed to come back now
>>
>>54709038
No clue.

I mean the depth of his "argument" has been "nuh uh leftists can't virtue signal", "you're from The_Donald!", evolving to "no u!" with the occasional "go to /pol", or "your grammar/usage is poor so you are dumb". I don't think he's really touched on Beast itself at all throughout.
>>
>>54709103
Describe Mage to someone who has never played it.
>>
>>54709100
Just stop replying. He'll keep replying to himself, of course, as I imagine he's done a few times already, but if crying /pol/ and 'no u' over and over again is all he has then there's really no point. At least with the pseudo-intellectual politicking you could at least pretend he was an autist or a retard, but it's pretty clear he's just trolling now.
>>
>>54709119
Your refusal to admit the obvious does nothing but solidify your guilt, matey. You do understand that everyone can tell that you're from /pol/, right?
>>
File: beavis and butthead hanging out.jpg (91KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
beavis and butthead hanging out.jpg
91KB, 600x840px
>>54709090
Consider the following:

This is fucking weird but I'll begin with this. Not everyone who dislikes you or your politics is a /pol/estinian. You make the immediate assumption that everyone is a secret nazi when that requires you to be able to look into the contents of their mind and judge their character. This is impossible.

You know who also does this? /pol/tards. The real hard-wired, kool-aid drinkers who think that it's always 1932 and everywhere is Munich and it's them against the commies (who are everyone).

You have more in common with them than we do.
>>
>>54709130
dicks n' wizards
>>
>>54709139
Actually, we can't. People's politics in this thread tend to run the gamut.
>>
>>54709130
You can kick the universe in the balls until it does what you ask.

Problem is that the universe kicks back on occasion, and there are swarms of societies and god-kings out there who have bigger crotch-kicking shoes than you are. You're playing ro-sham-bo, but on a cosmic scale.
>>
>>54709140
> Not everyone who dislikes you or your politics is a /pol/estinian.
No. But a /pol/yp is very easy to tell from an actual human being.
Nice try, though.
>>
>>54709130
Dicks, Wizards and wizards being dicks.
>>
File: 1494591895596.jpg (78KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1494591895596.jpg
78KB, 517x768px
>>54709146
> we
Oh, for fuck's sake, matey.
>>
>>54709150
Well, yes of course.

They act like you.

>>54709157
The only one here who sticks out like a sore thumb is you.
>>
>>54709163
> singular "you"
Animals, when they understand their old tricks don't work, change their tactics and strategies. /pol/yps aren't even animals.
>>
>>54709090
So then let me understand this? If you think Beast is garbage, you are from /pol/?

No, because tumblrinas think Beast is garbage too?

So if you think Beast is garbage you are from tumblr?

Wait, no... I'm not from tumblr?

Am I from /pol/? I'm too ... *Massachusetts* for /pol/

No... I come to 4chan for /tg/ and /x/ and /out/ and /k/

I fucking hate Beast.

But I do see /pol/ hates Beast too.

I can't blame them.

Beast is a terrible product. It is extremely ill-conceived, and the developer should be lambasted for the end result. I truly would like to see the original version that the kickstarter backers got to see, before it was revised, to see just how bad it was before he was grudgingly forced to try and lessen the degree of train wreck he had wrought.

Does anyone have a copy?
>>
So, I've haven't been on /wodg/ for a few threads due to a project at work.

Has DaveB answered the questions of whether Prime can Detect Demon lies and whether werewolf jaw attacks are considered "supernatural" against powers ike a kinetic shield?
>>
File: laughing moe.jpg (374KB, 1280x1406px) Image search: [Google]
laughing moe.jpg
374KB, 1280x1406px
>>54709183
>My usage of plural and singular pronouns is the secret tell that I am actually a nazi.
>>
>>54709194
No answer to the first, the second had some evidence last thread or the thread before that the answer was 'no'.
>>
>>54709191
>Beast
>I truly would like to see the original version that the kickstarter backers got to see

Here you go, but don't say you weren't warned it was total crap.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/0xp4iz
>>
>>54709191
> If you think Beast is garbage, you are from /pol/?
No. But you personally and others with you in this thread definitely are from /pol/.
Now, let me try to explain it to you so that even a subhuman with a pea brain can understand it: it's not enough to repeatedly claim that you aren't from /pol/; you have to act it. You act like you're from /pol/ — and yes, everyone can tell — and when confronted on that, you react exactly like any /pol/yp does. The problem isn't that you're using the wrong lie; the problem's that you, by the virtue of being the kind of stupid loser to be a /pol/yp, are the wrong kind of person to pull of a lie. You're just too fucking stupid for any kind of intellectual activity, especially the kind that involves manipulating real persons. Just let it rest. It's not like you don't have an abundance of echo chambers to rest in.
>>
>>54708771
SO now I'm Matt McWhatthefuck, because I'm asking you to justify your ludicrous statements and you can't? I haven't made any political assertions yet, just questioned yours.

Good to know this is just nonsense, then.
>>
>>54709215

I'm at the point where I would pay good money for a Mage FAQ.

Do we have an even vague idea when Crossover Chronicles might start development or be released?
>>
You know what the problem now is? People were mostly immunised from mageposting. You had like two trolls who spammed it. They'd reply to themselves and each other, sometimes someone would take the bait. But rarely, and ultimately, it was bearable. But now they've found something else. Political posting. More people will take the bait. This is the future for the next 100 threads or so.
>>54709240
Nope.
>>
>>54708772
>>54708772
Pretty Pretty please?
>>
>>54709130
How much do you know?

I can give you a rundown on Awakening. Don't know much about Ascension, unfortunately.
>>
>>54709139
argumentum ad hominem
>>
>>54709236
Matt McFarland. Lead Dev on Beast.
>>
>>54709249
I've read some of the flavor text.
>>
>>54709257
Fuck, I lost my "but I'm not even from /pol/" bingo. Still, about all you have to do to fill it completely is say that I should get back to Tumblr, or has it fallen out of vogue recently?
>>
>>54708788
I'm sure it has nothing to do with those minorities already living on the fringes of society and facing oppression, then, or the whole adage of people becoming what they hate. Yep, no attempt to tell a story in a Storyteller game. See you next tuesday, mate.
>>
>>54709249
The universe is shaped by belief. The Awakened are folks who have been joined to their awakened avatars, psychopomps that let them force their own belief system on the universe. Rival factions of the orders, who believe in more magical universality, compete with the Technocracy, who are winning the 'ascension war' - the war to define the rules and strictures of the universe itself, to firmly seat their own magic methods as supreme. Then there isn't any paradox. Ascension, probably, becomes easier for *them*. The Technocracy is winning. Magic is punished by the collective unconscious saying "Hey, this isn't in line with our beliefs!"

Everyone Awakened also wants to get off Mr Bones Wild Ride and Ascend out of the universe, but that's a bit of a crap shoot.
>>
>>54709221
I cannot tell anything. I don't even think anyone said anything /pol/-like beyond "We don't like identity politics" which is a pretty common sentiment and growing on the left as well.
>>
So, how common is it to have an Astral waifu Familiar among the Mages of various Orders and what are the general views on such behavior?
>>
>>54708808
>I need my opinion fed back to me to live

Try not to kill yourself on the way out. You strike me as the kind of precious, brittle little bogan that fell into a fit of the vapors after being inadvertently exposed to a 30 second burst of "fake news".
>>
>>54709284
As I said, /pol/yps are not even animals. How do you even collectively decide on argumentative strategies if you're this fucking stupid?
>>
>>54709248
no
>>
>>54708820
>>54708820
>"you're whining," he whined piteously.

I'm telling you get help because you're showing signs of mental instability, persecutions of delusion, paranoia and irrational thought processes, you pathetic axe-wound, not as a punchline. Mental health is serious.
>>
>>54709194
Werewolf jaws are magical.
Werewolf claws aren't.

Not enough info on Demon.
Not that it matters. Prime tells the truth, not the lie.
>>
>>54709320
> Werewolf jaws are magical.
> Werewolf claws aren't.
giogio.jpg
>>
>>54708842
>That's a deflection,
Is it? Quick question for anyone who's been here more than a week, when anyone criticises Rose Bailey's work, is it the quality they go at? Is it the rate it's released?

Fuck no, what we get is a circlejerk of people making tranny jokes. We get a discussion/argument about whether or not trannies are mentally ill. One guy felt the need to post a reddit screencap warning others of the dangers of cutting your dick off in a cheap Thailand medical holiday, which I find amazing needed to be stated.

>You also first said that Beast wasn't a product of the left.
No, I asked dickheads like you to justify that statement. You still haven't, so I started mocking you for your stupidity. Welcome to fucking 4chan.

>If you believe a rpg book written from the perspective of the right is too bluntly political, inconsistent or otherwise problematic... [etc]
>Moreover, "conservative" is not necessarily defined as anyone to the right of you....[etc]

Wow, lovely strawmen, should keep the crows off those crops. Now, you were about to prove to me how Beast is actually a copy of Green Left Weekly with a different dust cover?
>>
>>54709320
Werewolf bodies aren't magical? I thought if it does agg and isn't from one of the major banes like fire it's a magical source of damage (that might be old world rules though)
>>
>54709277
>I'm sure it has nothing to do with those minorities already living on the fringes of society and facing oppression, then, or the whole adage of people becoming what they hate. Yep, no attempt to tell a story in a Storyteller game. See you next tuesday, mate.

No, it doesn't, as Matt has repeatedly discussed this issue.

You're just projecting your own biases into Beast in order to justify what amounts to Tween Revenge Fantasy: The RPG.

"A monster I am, lest a monster I become" is a theme of ALL WW CofD games. However, with the exception of Beast, the protagonists of other game lines are mindful of their own monstrosity, with game mechanics like Hubris and Humanity to enforce the point. Beast has no such mechanical or narrative restrictions, and actually seems to justify beast's actions. The implications are troubling.
>>
>>54709300
The only person who can be easily discerned here is you. One, you immediately start screaming about the alt-right based upon something as simple as neuter pronoun usage. Two, well, hit control F and search for the term "Mate" and "matey" and see how many of your own posts that you turn up.
>>
>>54708883
>Mealy-mouthed
>adjective
>1.
>avoiding the use of direct and plain language,

as in, say, not justifying a political assertion about a core rulebook? Attempting to then wriggle out of it with strawmen and semantics?
>>
>>54709366
You're thinking of their jaws

It's not that werewolves aren't magical, it's that their claws don't do supernatural damage. Their jaws do.
>>
>>54709377
> The only person who can be easily discerned here is you.
There's another lad (>>54708689) clearly going through your answers right now, matey.
> you immediately start screaming about the alt-right based upon something as simple as neuter pronoun usage
See? You can't even tell what gives you away.
>>
>>54708898
Sorry to point out the obvious, but how can it be simultaneously pandering to "the left" AND offensive to everyone "pretty much across the political spectrum"? Either it's pandering to one side of politics at the expense of the other, or it's offensive to everyone. You need to pick one.
>>
>>54709392
That's weird.
>>
>>54709392
>It's not that werewolves aren't magical, it's that their claws don't do supernatural damage. Their jaws do.

That's not entirely clear. The fact that certain beings are susceptible to werewolf jaws such as spirits does not render any werewolf bite attack against anyone as "supernatural" without additional Gifts or other enhancements.
>>
>>54709399
Think about it. It's kinetic damage.
It's only supernatural when used against spirits.

Their jaws are explicitly something else.
>>
>>54709395
>See? You can't even tell what gives you away.
>matey.
>>
>>54708933
>Funny behavior from someone who so enjoys calling others "schizophrenic".

No, that wasn't him, that was me. I'm genuinely worried about that guy upthread, he's talking pure psych ward speak. He seems to think there's some kind of huge gay conspiracy to influence the RPG industry at the expense of "white pedigree males".
>>
>>54709221
I have a feeling you really want to be saying "from The_Donald", because you have the fragile mannerisms of a redditor, "from /pol" is a boogeyman for you, isn't it? I find it rather strange how you are throwing it around here, because this is the /wodg/ thread where the posters are in general probably fairly widely distributed across the political spectrum.

Beast's reception here has been negative. Well, everything is received negatively here, this is 4chan. But Beast has been received profoundly negative. It's not like the other games where the negativity is just part of the "game" and comeraderie of the thread, and there are breaks of positive discussion. For the most part, I have seen very little but expression of disgust and shock at the offensiveness of the game material as written and presented.

Words like "Otherkin" have often been repeated with considerable contempt, as have tumblr, adolescent revenge fantasy, and recriminations from all over the political dial. The right despises it because they see the revenge fantasy aspect, and the cruel caricatures of people like the Christian mother and heroes/first responder types. The left sees the association of once persecuted groups with monsters that cause disaster and woes on society and them being hunted by people called heroes with murderous intent. Bad on both sides.

The game is a tragedy. The basic idea, playing in some way as great monsters of myth, it sounded so interesting, but to have turned it into such a piece of virtue signal filled trash is just ridiculous. The developer should be deeply ashamed of the product that was published. There was potential for something remarkable, but instead somehow that epic of monsters of myth was replaced with a garbled identity politic screed. Shameful.
>>
>>54709275
Do you have a point in this? What are you arguing?
>>
>>54709398
>but how can it be simultaneously pandering to "the left" AND offensive to everyone "pretty much across the political spectrum"

Are you thick?

I product can pander to a group, such as the political left and its identity politics, but do it so goddamned badly that the purported favored group looks terrible, and thus the entire product is subject to criticism from "across the political spectrum."

You need to learn to differentiate intent from outcome.
>>
>>54709265
Alright, I'll try to condense as much as possible. Accuracy may vary because of omitted or paraphrased content and because my memory isn't perfect.

In Awakening you play a Mage, a human who was Asleep (normie) but went through an Awakening, a kind of vision quest or supernatural epiphany where you forge a connection to one of the five Watchtowers in the Supernal Realms so that you can impose their laws on the Fallen World. The normal world.

The world is Fallen because Mages from an ancient society rich with magic (dubbed Atlantis, but maybe not actually Atlantis) took a shortcut to Ascension, an act in which you become a denizen of the Supernal, achieving a higher state of existence. The Supernal isn't a place. It's like the source code of reality, the sum total of all the symbols that represent the true existence of all things. Don't quote me on that, but that's the gist of it. You Ascend, you become a symbol.

These Mages destroyed their shortcut after they used it, sundering the world and creating a rift between the Supernal and the normal world, known as the Abyss. It's a place of unreality, the antithesis of the Supernal. It contains all the things that weren't, are not, and should never be. Back to the dickhead Mages that did this, they occupied places of power in the Supernal, becoming the symbols of tyranny, power, and oppression. They're known as the Exarchs, and their servants in the Fallen World are the Seers of the Throne, who exist to uphold the Lie and do whatever else their god-king masters want them to. The Lie is the false reality the Exarchs have placed on the Fallen World, the notion that magic isn't real. They did this because they want to hoard the Supernal to themselves, which is also why they destroyed their shortcut. The Lie is what keeps Sleepers Asleep, until they Awaken.

Note all the capital letters. Mages use Lots of Capital Letters.

That's the entry fluff. I'll start outlining the themes and such in the next post.
>>
>>54708924
Physician, heal thyself.
>>
>>54709277
I'm sure it has nothing to do with those minorities already living on the fringes of society and facing oppression, then, or the whole adage of people becoming what they hate.

Oh are we talking about the Heroes now?
>>
>>54709420
> from The_Donald
> from /pol
Are you implying that there's a difference? See, now this is exactly the kind of obvious failure of perception that should tell you that you are incapable of fooling even the most gullible and should consider switching your approach.
>>54709427
Protip: crying adhom is a known /pol/yp trick. Sure, normal people do it too, but /pol/yps do it in their own way. Which way is it? I leave to it you to find out and try to fix.
>>
File: 1490413012255.png (24KB, 382x379px) Image search: [Google]
1490413012255.png
24KB, 382x379px
>matey
>matey
>matey
>matey
>matey
>matey
Look. I think there's one thing we can all agree on, and it's that pic-related are disappointed that we're not good little soldiers buying the books.
>>
>>54709300
So brave. Bashing the fash with your keyboard, you sure are showing /pol/!

On fucking /tg/
>>
>>54709410
Biting something is also *just* kenetic energy. I figured the entire body of the werewolf was magical in nature cause they're wierd spirit monsters and by extension all their natural weaponry is magical.

(Just to be clear not saying you're wrong, just saying I don't understand why a werewolf's body is divided into magic and not magic).
>>
>>54709429
>Mages use Lots of Capital Letters

>Capitalization Supremacy!
>>
>>54709466
> actually posting the happy merchant
If anyone so much as even implies that they're not from /pol/ again, I'm going to die of losing my sides.
>>
File: Aryo-Semitic lovechild.jpg (648KB, 687x1117px) Image search: [Google]
Aryo-Semitic lovechild.jpg
648KB, 687x1117px
>>54709463
You have been doing nothing but throwing ad hominems around this entire thread. Is it the sign of a /pol/tard or legitmiate criticism.

I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Now have some pregnant Anne Frank waifu-trash.
>>
File: DoNotTransition.png (685KB, 1409x4383px) Image search: [Google]
DoNotTransition.png
685KB, 1409x4383px
>>54709364
I hear that dealing with that open wound they pretend is a vagina is pretty gory.
>>
>>54709475
That guys actually a /pol/tard. He is not everyone else in this thread, however.
>>
File: c10e354b59475fe94f5ccb128c861cd7.jpg (489KB, 1600x1164px) Image search: [Google]
c10e354b59475fe94f5ccb128c861cd7.jpg
489KB, 1600x1164px
>>54709408
Werewolf jaws ;even in human form; does aggravated damage to every splat not just spirits. Humans, mages, vampires, geists etc
>>
>>54709468
>I figured the entire body of the werewolf was magical in nature cause they're wierd spirit monsters and by extension all their natural weaponry is magical.

That would vastly broaden the definition of "supernatural attack" to "any attack by a supernatural." There's no indication in any of the game lines that was the intention of the pertinent rules.
>>
>>54708952
You're missing the point by a country mile. If someone bashes another person because "I don't like your skin / sexuality / politics" then it's a morally wrong act, a legally wrong act, regardless of who does what to whom. Doxxing, violence, intimidation, stalking - how are these anything but objectively wrong?

The story of Beast is not some "Left vs Right" allegory, no matter how badly you wish it to be. It's about the victim perpetuating the cycle of abuse, full fucking stop. The only person applying politics to this is you and your cheerleaders, and a bunch of histrionic schoolchildren that went nuclear over a first bloody draft!
>>
>>54709493
>Werewolf jaws ;even in human form; does aggravated damage to every splat not just spirits. Humans, mages, vampires, geists etc

That is most certainly NOT the rule in CofD, the gamelines we're discussing, particularly in regards to Mage 2e' Kinetic Shield.
>>
>>54709478
> Anne Frank
Eh, I would have betted that Pepe Donald would get posted before her.
>>54709489
I just replied to another, and everyone replying to me so far has acted like a true /pol/yp.
Again, this pertains to how you behave yourselves, not what you claim you are. Why are you so fucking hard to teach even the simplest lesson?
>>
>>54709496
I guess but I figured it makes sense for the walking flesh manifestation of spirit and rage with bodies designed for the purpose of murder to be outfited head to toe with magic kill-you isms
>>
>>54708975
>You can't simply just make game's antagonists your ideological enemies

If that were true, then where's the supplement detailing GOP Heroes? How about a module where abortion clinic protesters are actually demons? Dare I say it, where are the stats for Trump?

You're grasping at straws to justify jumping at shadows, brother. Take a valium or something.
>>
>>54709508
Yes it is. Read WtF 2e before you spout nonsense. You are sounding retarded
>>
>>54709398
The communists who overthrew the Czars in Russia intended to set up a political system where the common man was free oppression. The end result however was far from the intent of the revolting commoners. The bolsheviks and Lenin seized and consolidated power and shit went right back to the state oppressing the common man.

Intent and result can differ.
>>
>>54709511
>>54709511
>Eh, I would have betted that Pepe Donald would get posted before her.

/his/ is a wild, magical faerie-land.

>I just replied to another, and everyone replying to me so far has acted like a true /pol/yp.
>Again, this pertains to how you behave yourselves, not what you claim you are. Why are you so fucking hard to teach even the simplest lesson?

How? I haven't insulted you once. I haven't told you to go back to tumblr. I have pointed out some of the absurd assumptions in your statements like the we/you thing.

On what evidence am I a /pol/tard?
>>
>>54709501
>It's about the victim perpetuating the cycle of abuse, full fucking stop.

That's what you want Beast to be about, not what the game's setting and themes were designed to be as discussed by the game's developer and writers.

In fact, the analogy is off because Beasts are not abused by anyone in the setting. You realize the portrayal of beasts implicitly represent minority groups (as is always the case with WW npcs), but within the game, they are just plain old monsters, except without the self-awareness and acknowledgment inherent in the other gamelines of actually being an evil monster.
>>
>>54709540
> actually bringing up the Bolsheviks
You just keep hitting them homeruns, son.
>>54709546
> How?
Is that a genuine attempt at reflection I see? If so, great. Keep it up, matey.
>>
>>54708992
What the fuck are you talking about?

I'm pointing out that you morons never offer a serious critique. Everything sounds like a meeting of the Breitbart Book of the Month Club from you and everyone like you.

There's shit art, shit layout, shit writing, shit ideas, shit print, shit POD quality, shit delivery systems, shit pay for OPP employees from a shit Management... but hey, let's throw a fucking hootenanny because this book has a queer kid flipping out and turning into a fucking monster after being bashed continuously and told he was a fucking monster.

I swear, if you read Kafka, you'd insist that it was virtue signalling to "people who identify as insects" or some other complete tinfoil.
>>
>>54709556
>Is that a genuine attempt at reflection I see? If so, great. Keep it up, matey.

You made an accusation and the burden of proof is on the accuser. I am asking you to cite evidence.
>>
>>54708982
>everyone is Matt except me

http://www.schizophrenia.com/coping.html
>>
>>54709538
>Yes it is. Read WtF 2e before you spout nonsense. You are sounding retarde

Feel free to cite the page and section of Forsaken 2e where is says werewolf attacks cause Aggravated damage to everyone.

Absent use of a particular Gift, Ritual or fetish, werewolf attacks only cause aggravated to spirits if the werewolf's effective Rank is 2+ higher than the spirit.
>>
>>54709006
I'm not the guy you're arguing with, and I agree with him. You're fucking weird, mate.
>>
I know this general hates mages, but any idea for an overly-stereotypical american, Thyrsus biker's shadow name?
>>
>>54709578
>I'm not the guy you're arguing with
>mate
>>
>>54709019
Is.... is that a directive, or a suggestion, or....

Holy shit, more than one person who thinks I'm Matt.

*ahem* Everyone, I need you to post your private emails for... super secret OPP updates. Also, I need your credit card number, social security, and a scanned blank piece of paper with your signature in black ink. It's for.... Dark Eras 4. Or something.
>>
>>54709501
Your interpretation is yours. It is clearly not one which is widely shared or accepted. Perhaps you are right, perhaps that is the authors' intent. However, if that was the case, their presentation was deeply flawed, because a great many have come to very different interpretations.
>>
>>54709024
>everyone who disagrees with me is autistic

You're doing such a good job of convincing me about the "left politics in Beast", mate.
>>
>>54709564
All right.
When I first said that the other posters were /pol/yps, you ignored it. I repeat again, everyone can tell. By failing to acknowledge the obvious (by simply saying "oh, yes, they are indeed /pol/tards and I don't stand with them, but I fear you're going too far in the other direction"; it wouldn't have gotten you off the hook, for reasons you should try to understand, but would have earned you a point), you confirmed that you're one of them.
Once more, everyone can tell a /pol/yp from a real human, and nobody fucking likes your kind. Get it into your head if you want to be able to successfully pretend to not be one of them.
>>
>>54709073
>everyone who is not Matt must be Dave

Holy shit....

http://mhafc.org/get-help/support-groups/schizo-anon/
>>
>>54709613

Is it bad that I want to now play a game of Everyone is John with the theme 'Everyone is Dave'?
>>
>>54709511
Oh jesus.. "teach a lesson" is this asshole trying to roleplay?
>>
>>54709082
Still waiting on all the Hard Left content from Beast.
>>
>>54709086
>They aren't, practicing dealing with the mentally handicapped might come in handy if I ever find myself visiting /pol/

ftfy
>>
>>54709429
Alright, themes.

People have asked why Mages fit in CofD. They aren't monsters or hounded victims. This isn't entirely accurate. Awakening as a game arguably has the highest power level in CofD, it's true, but it's also appropriate, imo. It operates around a system of Hubris and Wisdom. How well will you control all this power once you get it? What will you do with it? Unfortunately, ignoring it isn't much of an option. Mages have a potent supernatural awareness, to the point that they can't ignore it. Practically every supernatural occurrence around them will ping their Peripheral Mage Sight, their passive awareness of the supernatural. And they'll want to investigate. And so Mages develop Obsessions, things they desperately want to investigate. In this way they also pursue Mysteries to increase their understanding of magic, and in doing so they become stronger. Their magic becomes stronger. Power is like a drink, to quote Bonnie's dad. The more you have, the more you want, and there's few who can handle it. In pursuit of Obsessions and Mysteries, Mages can and often do commit Acts of Hubris. They aren't just being mean, or evil. They're also being unwise. You're so close to uncovering the truth, what's one little Sleeper seeing you cast an obvious spell? You can handle the Paradox, and chances are they won't even remember because of Quiescence! And so you do it, and it works out fine... this time. But it was also an Act of Hubris because you were still stupid with your magic when you usually aren't, so you degrade your Wisdom, which is a palpable force of control over your magic. Hit 0 Wisdom and you become Mad. Your magic is controlling you now, so you have to be put down. But the lower ranks of Wisdom are also bad. That's where the real nasty Mages are, guys who'll do anything to get what they want and not care. There are also left-handed Mages. Think black magic. Eating souls, cavorting with the Abyss, etc.

Speaking of the Abyss, next post.
>>
>>54709538
>>54709569
Not that guy but werewolf bites only do aggravated damage when they are performing an eating maneuver outside of gifts
>>
>>54709119
That was the other guy. I'm the one asking you to justify your statements about all the "left" political content in Beast.

Remember, you made the assertion, burden of proof is on you.
>>
>>54709606
>When I first said that the other posters were /pol/yps, you ignored it

Of course, I did. This is an anonymous image board. That is an assertion that requires evidence that you are unable to collect, much less provide. Your evidence is flimsy and circumstantial at best, based upon you we/you thing which, frankly, is easy to tell.
>matey

And that which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
>>
>>54709133
>pseudo-intellectual politicking you could at least pretend he was an autist or a retard, but it's pretty clear he's just trolling now.

It's also pretty clear none of you have ever actually met an autistic person, or someone with mental handicaps. Given you think "retard" is an insult, I'm getting a strong, summery, middle-schooler vibe. When I was 12 we called people "spazz" or "spastic", but then we started growing hair on our balls.

You just wait, kid. I'm sure your sweet 16 is just 4 short years away.
>>
>>54709641
Beast is a persecution/revenge fantasy. That's very heavily identified with the hard left.
>>
>>54709596
>overly-stereotypical american, Thyrsus biker's shadow name?

Harley
Hoss
Chopper
>>
>>54709651
...You do realize that this is 4chan, right?
>>
>>54709645
And here I thought you were trying to learn.
I don't even know why you're doing this when we both know for a fact that you're a /pol/yp, as does everyone observing this conversation.
>>54709656
Wew.
Sometimes I wonder if alt-rightists can actually be so miserable that they actually believe in the nonsense they spout.
>>
>>54709130
The Magic system is a lot more flexible than other games - you have Spheres or Arcana that rate increasing control over one aspect of reality, so you have a capacity for change rather than a spell list as such.

Ascension is about seeing the universe a certain way so strongly, the universe behaves accordingly.

Awakening is about the compulsion to discover more about the universe, regardless of the dangers.
>>
File: Werewolf Bite p98.png (56KB, 397x324px) Image search: [Google]
Werewolf Bite p98.png
56KB, 397x324px
>>54709538
>>54709569
It's not quite as he said, but:
P.98
>>
>>54709656

I'm pretty sure that's identified with everyone. I mean, Rapture Movies are basically 'HAHAH, WHO'S SORRY NOW?!' for the religious right.
>>
File: The Cump.png (399KB, 1603x1189px) Image search: [Google]
The Cump.png
399KB, 1603x1189px
>>54709671
I'll level with you. I'm not from /pol/. I'm from /his/ and /k/. While I'm by no means left wing, I am very socially permissive and I generally believe that people should be allowed to live how they want.

The holocaust happened how history reckons that it happened.

When I look at the Confederate flag, all I see is the symbol of a rightly defeated enemy.

I don't care that gay people get married.

And if you want to see what /pol/tards look like in the wild? Take a look and maybe you'll stop jumping at shadows
>>>/k/34704928
>>
>>54709557
You are just a fucking oversensitive idiot on a crusade. Go to /pol/. You are the one dragging this board into the political shithole.
>>
>>54709723
HAHAHA MAGE FAGS BTFO!!!!!!!! KINETIC SHIELD CAN EAT SHIT!!!!
>>
>>54709723

That's a far cry from all werewolf attacks do aggravated damage to everyone.

It's also unclear what the text's implication is against a spell like Kinetic Shield, particularly when patterned on Alchemist's Touch that has no
supernatural source" weakness or damage limitation.
>>
>>54709625
"hard left" content. shifting goals now.
>>
>>54709750
That's... Completely irrelevant and entirely off point.

2/10 bait
>>
>>54709753
Werewolves can only dish out Aggravated when nomming something.
>>
>>54709635
To see what the Abyss is, please refer to post number one.

The Abyss is the source of Paradox, and every time you use your connection to your Path's Watchtower to draw Supernal truth across it, the Abyss wants to hitch a ride, and it will, if you draw on too much power for you to handle (spend Reach you don't have to enhance your spells) or cast obvious magic where a Sleeper can see it, kind of agitating the piece of the Abyss he has in his soul. This causes Paradox, which you can contain at the price of resistant bashing damage, or not contain and let it happen, which can cause Paradox Conditions, which are bad, and even bring an Abyssal entity into the Fallen World, which is really bad. Fun fact about Paradox Conditions, your ST can make them up in addition to the ones in the book, so think carefully about how much of a creative dick your ST is before you decide you can handle a tainted Nimbus or a spell gone wrong. They Abyss hates you.

The Pentacle (the collective faction of the usually played Mage Orders) are also in direct opposition to the Seers of the Throne at all times, who are entrenched in the power system of the Fallen World and have the backing of the Exarchs. They have resources and power out the ass. So players are fairly hounded by outside forces. The Pentacle also doesn't really get along.

If you want clarification on things or want to know more, feel free to ask. Otherwise that's the gist of Awakening. Pursuing Mysteries while trying to stay above the temptation of your power while navigating the perils of the Fallen World, from enemy Mages to unreality to all the other monsters and danger in the world.
>>
>>54709635
That would've carried more weight if anyone had actually played that way rather than using mage as a flat out superhero power fantasy that has no place in WoD. There are a dozen alternatives in the books (Gutter Magic in Witch Finders, Hedge Magic in Second Sight, etc.) which you could use to model "mages" and give them a power level far more appropriate for the themes of WoD, but of course, mage players are the last people who'd want to do that since they're in for the power trip, all pretensions of depth aside.
>>
>>54709742
Mate, if you weren't a /pol/yp and you encounter them outside of their containment board, then you'd know exactly who they are and how they act. That you made a conscious choice to fail to acknowledge their nature tells me only one thing.
That, and missing the entire point of this conversation. But missing the point's the point for /pol/yps, so eh.
>>
>>54709753
>It's also unclear what the text's implication is against a spell like Kinetic Shield

They won't put a dent in a kinetic shield, not unless they somehow up their damage to Aggravated.
At that point they will have to beat the spell's Potency.

Or they could find a way to Clash it, which would require something more than just brute force.
>>
>>54709753

Alchemist's Touch seems like a very poor choice of pattern. As it's designed for handling non-attack substances and it's only supernatural attacks (Not supernatural stuff in general) that promotes clashes. So needing to mention attack classes wouldn't be part of the function of the spell. It's like a spell that is designed to warm food needing to talk about clashing with shields.
>>
>>54709635
It's all bolted on though. They really are better off just being treated as if they are their own little setting. Because given power levels, given mechanics which for all intents and purposes are so open they might as well be those of a tights and capes superhero system, they just are a square peg in a round hole with the other Chronicles of Darkness splats.

Mage is an awesome game, but it really is like mixing comic book superheroes with gritty noir monsters when you try to mash them together with any of the other splats.
>>
>>54709651
>attacking the use of words that aren't in accordance with their literal definitions
>lel youre a dumb kid
Why are people still engaging you? This isn't even quality shitposting.
>>
>>54709750

For purposes of arguments, assume Kinetic Shield has a supernatural attack limitation. Pursuant to the Creative Thaumaturgy guidelines, all this would mean is that it would render the mage immune for [Potency] number of attacks by the werewolf. Since CofD rules prevent multiple attacks per turn, it still leaves the simple Forces 2 spell as very impressive.

Also, while the werewolf attack are useless for a few turns, and assuming the mage doesn't simply recast the spell, the werewolves can then deal with that same mage treating them like errant Yorkies with his command of gravity.

Enjoy meeting Mother Luna at escape velocity.
>>
>>54709781

I don't believe the eating maneuvers are combat actions.

In any event, you need to get through a kinetic shield before nomming can commence.
>>
>>54709790
>hat would've carried more weight if anyone had actually played that way rather than using mage as a flat out superhero power fantasy that has no place in WoD.

Someone is projecting...
>>
>>54709810
Since when does affecting gravity in a 2 meter radius send someone to the moon?
>>
>>54709790
>>54709806
I fail to see how Awakening isn't thematically appropriate within the bounds of Chronicles, actually.

Yes, they're powerful, but that doesn't leave them with the disgrace you're suggesting.
>>
>>54709792
>posts dank Sherman memes.
>Links to a thread full of /pol/posters from a board that has forgotten more about counter-trolling than you will ever know.
>Somehow has never encountered /pol/tards outside of their containment board.

Take a look at their posting style and their basic assumptions. Aside from one guy posting a happy merchant meme, this thread is pretty free from that.

And yes, you accused me of being from /pol/ again. I'm only acknowledging your accusation because it's absurd.
>>
>>54709830
>does not get figure of speech
>>
>>54709635
Everything you are describing is pretty much a worst case dice roll fuck up or sloppy behavior situation that is avoidable for the most part. You are exaggerating the down sides while completely downplaying the gilded edges, and let's be honest, life is *good* as a mage. The worst part of life as a mage is that there are a bunch of mages, those fucking seers who will always have it better. And who rub your damned nose in it. Awful. Play it carefully, use d10s, not d1's and you just have that to deal with.
>>
>>54709838
> /k/retins acting smug
My favourite.
And no, you still don't get it. Try again.
Hint: "wilful ignorance".
>>
>>54709856
Calm down. You seem to have a terrible take on an otherwise amazing game.
>>
>>54709862
You say "willful ignorance", I say "Rejection of baseless assumptions."
>>
>>54709795
>Alchemist's Touch seems like a very poor choice of pattern

That's absurd. It's the only physical damage example Shielding spell, and it can be used to create a [Forces] Shield by coping the spell virtually word for word.

The only reason not to use Alchemist's Touch is that Kinetic Shield becomes "too powerful." However, since game balance and artificial Arcana limitations are expressly rejected in Mage 2e, such considerations should be rightly ignored absent house rules.
>>
>>54709790
>all mage players are awful
>i know this for a fact
k
>>
>>54709806
Mages aren't comic book superheros just because they have a lot of power and aren't heavily restricted.
>>
>>54709874
Oh, no. You're actually this stupid, aren't you?
Jesus Christ, you subhumans should really organise into a rigidly hierarchical organisation. You'd be just as terrible at promoting your views, but at least you'd have somebody marginally more competent telling you what to do, which would hopefully make you slightly less annoying.
>>
>>54709877
>The only reason not to use Alchemist's Touch is that Kinetic Shield becomes "too powerful."

More the fact that it's not actually an attack shield. It's environmental protection. It feels like trying to push a square peg into a round hole.
>>
File: DaveBGravityAttack.png (44KB, 572x572px) Image search: [Google]
DaveBGravityAttack.png
44KB, 572x572px
>>54709830
>Since when does affecting gravity in a 2 meter radius send someone to the moon?

A mage can nullify gravity by Forces 3.

Indirect attacks with the Arcana are often far better than brute force. Moreover, if a mage casts such a spell with an area of effect, there'll definitely be no resistance (not that the provided gravit spells have any Withstand or other such mechanic).
>>
>>54709846
Well it's pretty retarded and makes the gravity control seem far more powerful than it really is
>>
>>54709925
Gravity control is really damn powerful, anon. The exaggeration wasn't mistaken.
>>
>>54709917
I am not the one resorting to insults after their points have been soundly refuted.
>>
File: AlchemistsTouch.png (209KB, 830x585px) Image search: [Google]
AlchemistsTouch.png
209KB, 830x585px
>>54709922
>More the fact that it's not actually an attack shield. It's environmental protection.

Yet, Alchemist's Touch does indeed discuss attacks. It's not just an environmental shield.
>>
>>54709925
I wonder if there's a brisk business in idiot nameless who awaken with Forces 3, manage to nullify gravity, fuck it up - or get seen by a sleeper while 'flying' - and immediately die horribly?
>>
>>54709941

Only in the context of 'It doesn't actually protect against someone using it as a weapon'
>>
>>54709925
>>54709940
>Well it's pretty retarded and makes the gravity control seem far more powerful than it really is

There was a reason why Mage 1e limited gravity manipulation only to Forces 4+.

Mage 2e's intentional no Arcana and Practice "speed bumps" or artificial game balance limitations has some very obvious consequences.
>>
>>54709940
> soundly refuted
If claiming ignorance at every point were a valid defence, I'd go about robbing banks consequence-free. Alas…
>>
Oh god fucking damn it. Here come the evangelical anti-Mage pussies.
>>
File: 1497834303864.png (104KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1497834303864.png
104KB, 320x287px
It sure is fun being a player in Mage. I love how my party members solve every challenge we come against by going into the past and fixing every obstacle. Or in every single one of the few fights we get the Mastigos player warps us all into his ban and he nukes the enemies with sympathetic casting with complete impunity
>>
>>54709960
Define 'weapon'. A jar of acid is a weapon.
>>
>>54709941

...that's an issue with using it as the basis. It only protects against matter. Kinetic Energy is energy, not matter.
>>
>>54709944
>get seen by a sleeper while 'flying' - and immediately die horribly?

That's not how paradox and dissonance work.

Besides over-Reaching, paradox only occurs if a sleeper witnesses a mage cast a spell, and dissonance only starts to occur after the scene the spell is cast, and then works slowly. At best, the flying mage would feel something is amiss and land. He will not suddenly drop from the sky (and if he did, he could protect himself with a kinetic or gravity shielding spell).
>>
>>54709983
>things that never happen for 500, Alec.
>>
>>54709992
Then 'flying' for a period of time and dying horribly, captain-i-like-to-over-explain-even-the-smallest-things.
>>
>>54709977
I claimed the opposite. I claimed that knowledge above and beyond yours and then I cited that knowledge.

Claiming that "willful ignorance" is simply the act of Keeping mind the tautology that "One cannot discern the internal contents of another's mind unless they state them." puts you a little bit out of your depth here.
>>
>>54709832
>I fail to see how Awakening isn't thematically appropriate within the bounds of Chronicles, actually.

From the perspective of mage, they could bolt on the Chronicles world, sure, as a backdrop, they're so far up the ladder, the little creatures down below look like ants, but from the perspective of the other end, it's just kind of absurd and off.

It's truly unfortunate that they went the direction they did in 1e, and then ... I don't know - WoD deserves a game of sorcerers, it really does. But Mage isn't that game. 2e just took it even further away, much much further out of whack... let's be honest, DaveB or his writers have taken it to a pretty insane place where it is compared to the rest of nWoD now. And it's awesome in its new super universe. But it ain't CofD anymore. Great game still. But man does CofD need a sorcerer game.
>>
>>54710032
Do you feel the same about Mummy and Demon?
>>
>>54709991
>that's an issue with using it as the basis. It only protects against matter. Kinetic Energy is energy, not matter.

That's little more than an argument that such a spell is too powerful with Forces (and a Forces-equivalent spell need not deal with kinetic energy, it could also protect against heat and fire, electricity, gravity, sound, etc.). Arcana no longer suffer from artificial limitations for balance or otherwise. There will be some low level spells that are very powerful in practice. This does not mean the spells are not allowed or don't follow the rules.
>>
>>54710032
>WoD deserves a game of sorcerers
There are normie magicians in Chronicles.

>*everything else*
You seem to think that power equates to 'doesn't fit in muh themes'
That's very fucking petty
>>
>>54710027
> lies can never be told, everyone is sincere, truth is subjective
See? You keep acting like a complete /pol/yp even as you maintain that you have absolute proof against that.
>>
File: Environmental Shield.png (151KB, 564x424px) Image search: [Google]
Environmental Shield.png
151KB, 564x424px
>>54709877
Environmental Shield is a much better choice to pattern a shielding spell as opposed to Alchemist's Touch. It's in Forces itself, and much more clearly worded.
>>
>>54710004
>Then 'flying' for a period of time and dying horribly, captain-i-like-to-over-explain-even-the-smallest-things.

You're still not really understanding how paradox and dissonance work.

A mage would have more than ample warning that his flight spell was weakening and could easily land or protect himself from damage (or recast the flight spell).

Absent a magical attack, the hypothetical mage will not be falling from the sky.
>>
>>54710032
You act like all the other splats aside from Mage are all up in each others' business instead of an entirely optional "bolted-on" "backdrop". Mage also isn't the only game with a much higher power level. It's as CofD as any of the other games, unless your standard for being CofD is having a consistent power level in accordance with some nonexistent standard.
>>
With the whole 'If you are running a non-mage game, you don't use the rules for Mage when your guys encounter a wizard' thing with WoD does that go the other way about? If you want to include a vampire NPC in a Mage game, do you push them up to Mage levels and say that's how vampires work in this game?
>>
>>54710085
Holy shit, how are you this autistic?
>>
>>54710068
It's more evidence than you have provided.
>>
>>54709915
Their spell and attainment system is a comic book superhero power system. That's exactly what it is. Every DaveB clarification and statement just supports that case, whether he intends to or not. They and their adversaries might not wear their underwear on the outside, but they're superheros.
>>
>>54710100
>They and their adversaries might not wear their underwear on the outside, but they're superheros.

Who are you to tell the mage he can't do that? The very laws of reality, including fashion, bow to his whim.
>>
>>54710032

Mage has its own antagonists where mages powers don't look nearly as impressive.

Horror also has many levels, from street-level slashers to Cthulhu-level cosmic menaces. While many, albeit not all, of the other splats deal with the more shallow end of the horror antagonist pool, mages are battling the "things man was not meant to know"-class of horror.

It all works just fine, and actually expands the nature and type of horror available to players in the CofD.
>>
>>54710098
Uh huh.
>>
>>54709983
>I love how my party members solve every challenge we come against by going into the past and fixing every obstacle
How did they do that? Shifting Sands? They manage to fix everything in a few seconds? Just one turn? Wow.

>the Mastigos player warps us all into his ban and he nukes the enemies with sympathetic casting with complete impunity
How does he have the sympathetic connections necessary to soundly cast sympathetic spells on all of your enemies?

Either way sounds like you need a new group.
>>
File: 20150207_001410000_iOS.jpg (21KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
20150207_001410000_iOS.jpg
21KB, 200x200px
>>54709917
So much butt hurt, all because his adolescent revenge fantasy was called leftist garbage. Tell us about your special, wonderful, powerful *brave* beast, precious. I hope you beat up those intolerant heroes good.
>>
File: a magical place5.png (195KB, 1096x760px) Image search: [Google]
a magical place5.png
195KB, 1096x760px
>>54710126
Again, I gave you the means to see what actual /pol/posting looks like. You have done nothing but accuse anyone who disagrees with you of "thing that you don't like because you used a plural pronoun."

I've seen /pol/ in action. You are just a pale imitation of them with a palette swap.
>>
>>54710100
>but they're superheros
How? Because they're strong compared to the other splats?
>>
>>54710136
>How does he have the sympathetic connections necessary to soundly cast sympathetic spells on all of your enemies?

Might secretly be a Seer with a prelacy.
>>
File: Doctor-Strange-Marvel-Comics-h.jpg (53KB, 500x627px) Image search: [Google]
Doctor-Strange-Marvel-Comics-h.jpg
53KB, 500x627px
>>54710123
You keep saying this but Mage has a helluva lot more in common with pic related than with the rest of CofD.
>>
>>54710141
>So much butt hurt, all because his adolescent revenge fantasy was called leftist garbage.

I don't think anyone is saying beast is good, just that 'adolescent revenge fantasy' is a pretty universal thing rather than being linked to the left inherently.
>>
>>54710078

Environmental Shield can immunize a mage from tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, earthquakes, etc.

A Shielding spell immunizing against a singular class of forces damage is hardly inconsistent with Environmental Shield.

If we were discussing a heat and fire, electricity, sound, light, radiation, magnetic, etc. Shield, no one would be complaining because the sources of such damage are generally limited. The fact that kinetic energy is also a class of forces, but shielding against it makes the spell far more useful in practice, doesn't prohibit such spell under the current rules and design intent.
>>
>>54710170
And he's a perfect example of hubris and failures of Wisdom costing him very high indeed.
>>
>>54710170

Mind you, Dr Strange is still threatened by the punch guys or the Punisher.
>>
File: fuck the pax.jpg (196KB, 1122x1725px) Image search: [Google]
fuck the pax.jpg
196KB, 1122x1725px
>>54710170
How do you figure?
>>
>>54710170

Are you crazy. Capes haven't been in fashion since the 1950's.

Any self-respecting mage (which obviously excludes the Free Council) would never be caught dead looking like a reject from Comic-Con.
>>
>>54710191

>The fact that kinetic energy is also a class of forces, but shielding against it makes the spell far more useful in practice, doesn't prohibit such spell under the current rules and design intent.

Yeah, the dispute seems to be 'Is this an acceptable variant' with people disagreeing on if it's a logical extrapolation or not. Mostly in the area of 'Alchemist's Touch doesn't obey the usual rules about force of will. Is this intended or just the fact it was written without considering attacks?'

Environmental Shield (But for kinetic energy rather than indirect attacks) would be fine in my book.
>>
>>54710223
>Mind you, Dr Strange is still threatened by the punch guys or the Punisher.

Only when he isn't battling reality-ending menaces.

Superhero comics are not the epitome of consistency,
>>
>>54710233
Mages don't really have good fashion sense. One of their few failings. Have you seen the art for the AA or Seers of the Throne? Swole Jawa isn't even wearing pants.
>>
>>54710231
>Underwear and capes

>My Obrimos before he has his morning expresso
>>
>>54710087
It's beyond the power level - the game just exists in its own self contained bubble. It's evolved to the point its more like Scion than a WoD game. It just doesn't play like the other WoD games. I've played Demon - and the power levels there can be ridiculously high, but at massive cost. But it still feels very integral to WoD. The mood, the writing in relation to the setting. I cannot speak for the other "high power" game, Mummy, but from what I've read, that is only at the high power levels for a portion of the game, it ends much more worldly and in tune with things as the story progresses, by design.

And I stand by my statement that any relationship between Mage and that WoD world is bolted on. Its world is one of "Atlantis", mysteries, other mages, and beings of power e.g. abyssal entities.
>>
Oh lord, why are people still so hung up about kinetic shields? It's entirely appropriate.
>>
File: Free Council Order Art.jpg (158KB, 387x926px) Image search: [Google]
Free Council Order Art.jpg
158KB, 387x926px
>>54710262
>Mages don't really have good fashion sense. One of their few failings. Have you seen the art for the AA or Seers of the Throne? Swole Jawa isn't even wearing pants.

Don't forget about the Free Council and their apparent love of chaps.
>>
>>54710277
Force fields fit better in science fiction than the World of Darkness.
>>
File: vampire larper.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
vampire larper.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
vampfags have the best fashion sense
>>
>>54710277
>why are people still so hung up about kinetic shields

Because werewolves apparently only try to solve problems with their claws and jaws, and vampires get a sad from anything that reminds them that having Celerity doesn't make them as powerful as the Flash.
>>
File: mana shield.jpg (237KB, 704x530px) Image search: [Google]
mana shield.jpg
237KB, 704x530px
>>54710329
Ummm, wizards projecting force fields is quite the common occurrence in fantasy.
>>
File: sadwerewolf.jpg (192KB, 625x750px) Image search: [Google]
sadwerewolf.jpg
192KB, 625x750px
>>54710336

>Sad werewolf
>>
File: SuperiorityMastigosStyle.jpg (85KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
SuperiorityMastigosStyle.jpg
85KB, 600x450px
>>54710330
Let the Mage Fashion Show begin
>>
NEW BREAD PLS

LEAVE THE MOLD BEHIND
>>
>>54710276
>the game just exists in its own self contained bubble
It doesn't, actually. Mages can adventure in the Shadow like Werewolves. Explore the Hedge like Changelings. Game politics like Vampires, and so on. They can also play street level games as easily as ones focused more on exploring their fluff. It's less in a bubble than any of the other splats, who, barring crossover, have little to no reason to be branching out into other areas of the setting beyond their own. And I also don't follow your logic at all. Werewolf is a game of the Shadow, hunting, other werewolves, and beings of power e.g. spirits. This is pretty different from the other splats. Do they not fit? What standard are you going by? All the splats have different themes, different power levels.
>>
The Kickstarter is down to two hours and needs $400+ dollars for the Golden Age of Science Fiction era.

Can OPP do it?
>>
File: SuperiorityThyrsusStyle.jpg (70KB, 319x612px) Image search: [Google]
SuperiorityThyrsusStyle.jpg
70KB, 319x612px
>>54710341
>>
>>54710277

The issue isn't really 'Kinetic shields' and more people arguing about the exact mechanics/how it should interact with other stated mechanics.

You know, that sort of shit that would be sorted out in 20 seconds if actually playing in a game with 'Sure, that works' or 'Nah, that's not a good basis for what you want' from the GM.

Imprecise mechanics + internet argument = Eternal Fucking Purgatory.
>>
File: SuperiorityObrimosStyle.jpg (96KB, 540x587px) Image search: [Google]
SuperiorityObrimosStyle.jpg
96KB, 540x587px
barreiro sr16
>>
>>54710380

>Obvious Scelestus

Dreads serve the Lie.
>>
File: SuperiorityAcanthusStyle.jpg (243KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SuperiorityAcanthusStyle.jpg
243KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: sexy wizard.jpg (31KB, 305x432px) Image search: [Google]
sexy wizard.jpg
31KB, 305x432px
>>
File: SuperiorityMorosStyle.jpg (84KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
SuperiorityMorosStyle.jpg
84KB, 800x533px
>>
Aside from Ezekiel in Thousand Years of Night, who's the gruntiest Vampire Elder?
>>
>>54710372
Using the special aspects of other splats as scenery doesn't exactly make them part of the world. They have no need whatsoever for the changeling or werewolf, in fact they're just fine without them, thanks to their super power system. And other places as well. It's a joke, it really is.
>>
New Bread:
>>54710467
>>
File: 1500078111232.jpg (61KB, 853x469px) Image search: [Google]
1500078111232.jpg
61KB, 853x469px
>>54710272
>expresso

lol wat
>>
New Thread! (Properly made so it shows up in index)
>>54710921
>>54710921
>>54710921
>>
>>54707612
Well you're an idiot for agreeing to something you couldn't enforce
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.