[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 39

File: Mage Supremacy General.jpg (350KB, 736x528px) Image search: [Google]
Mage Supremacy General.jpg
350KB, 736x528px
Previous thread: >>54674918

>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/the-dog-days-of-august-sorta-monday-meeting-notes/

>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da

>Question
Which Path would you willingly Awaken to?
Which Path would you most likely Awaken to?
>>
>>54689261

Why is the goddamned wizard still using a Commodore 64?
>>
Mages are fags, so Banisher.
>>
i miss the namefags

now this place just shitposts about mage every single fucking thread

at least back then we had variety
>>
>>54689359
go away fag
>>
File: 1439385680535.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1439385680535.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>54689371
You seem peeved Anon, are you alright?
>>
>>54689261
>Which Path would you willingly Awaken to?
Acanthus

>Which Path would you most likely Awaken to?
Acanthus

As you can imagine, this makes me very happy. Would also join the Mysterium without hesitation. Fuck this sleeper bullshit, I'm in this for magic. Fucking magic is real! Why the fuck do we give a single shit about sleepers?! There's fucking MAGIC to be discovered!
>>
>>54689261
Neither.
I'm not the kind of obsessive freak that would Awaken.
>>
>>54689261
Moros.
Mastigos.
>>
>>54689505
You don't necessarily need to have been an obsessive freak pre-awakening, you just need to have had the potential to become one and embrace it.
>>
>>54689527
Well then the point is moot, because it's not me as I am right now who's awakening.
It's someone I might be in the future, if I had a different opinion and motivation on things.
>>
>>54689261
Mastigos
Mastigos or Acanthus
>>
File: Seer Art.jpg (129KB, 690x461px) Image search: [Google]
Seer Art.jpg
129KB, 690x461px
>>54689497
>Would also join the Mysterium without hesitation. Fuck this sleeper bullshit, I'm in this for magic. Fucking magic is real! Why the fuck do we give a single shit about sleepers?! There's fucking MAGIC to be discovered!

You sound more Seer than Mystagogue.
>>
>>54689509
I feel that if you think you would awaken to be a mastigos, you're not really the kind of person to awaken to a mastigos.

Mastigos are the hardcunts of the Mage world afterall.
>>
>>54689581
Not even close man.
His focus is on the Mysteries, the Magic.
Everything else is unimportant.

For Seers, the Magic is a tool, not an ends in and of itself.
>>
>>54689557
To Awaken as I understand it, you typically have to become obsessed with something and pursue it until you reach a critical yes-or-no juncture, where if you choose yes, you Awaken.

Pretty sure this is why the Guardians with their network of made up cults catch the most Awakenings out of any of the Orders.
>>
>>54689261
Thyrsus
Thyrsus
>>
>>54689608
Nobody knows what makes one awaken.
>>
>>54689596
I wouldn't say that. A Mastigos Awakening is a very personal one. Some people do acknowledge their inner demons.
>>
>>54689623
The final tipping point? Unknown, the Watchtowers aren't clear with who they endow Mystic power.

However it is known you have to be the kind of receptive individual who can be obsessive.
>>
>>54689623
Hence why I said 'typically'. The Guardians do appear to be onto something though.
>>
>>54689596
As much as I hate to sound edgy, or be the kind of guy who goes "Man I am totally X kind of person you don't even know", the reason I feel like I would Awaken as Mastigos is because I do believe in individualism and that if you want to better yourself, you'll be fighting a battle against your own demons that will probably never end.
>>
File: 1453757365743.jpg (12KB, 323x250px) Image search: [Google]
1453757365743.jpg
12KB, 323x250px
>no obrimos

You all suck
>>
>>54689648
The Guardians aren't on to anything.

Their Labrynth exists to find out who's interested in mystic knowledge, and then trap them in one of many different 'false' mystery cults which direct them away from Supernal truths.

If they see the lies for what they are and Awaken, good for them.
If they don't, they didn't deserve to in the first place.
>>
>>54689608
Sometimes it also just presents itself as a single Eureka! moment brought about by what appears to have been completely mundane musings or observations. It's not that you need to be obsessive to awaken (No one knows what it really takes, no one), you just have to be someone who *would* become obsessive once they become a Mage.
>>
>>54689695
>The Guardians aren't on to anything.

2e p.39
"They plot to maintain the Labyrinth, a
world-spanning society of conspiracy cells and contradictory mystery
cults secretly under Guardian control, designed to weed out the
weak, distract the unworthy, and attract those close to Awakening.
A newly Awakened mage attempting to understand what’s
happening around him will likely stumble across the Labyrinth;
in fact, the system works so well that Guardians actually detect the
majority of Awakenings and pass suitable solitaries to other Orders."

>in fact, the system works so well that Guardians actually detect the majority of Awakenings and pass suitable solitaries to other Orders
>>
Coolest Paths
>1. Mastigos
>2. Acanthus
>3. Moros
>4. Obrimos
>5. Thyrsus
Just try to prove me wrong
>>
>>54689687
>no obrimos
>You all suck

They are not worthy of the enlightenment and power of the Aether.
>>
>>54689741

Define "coolest?"

It sounds like a rating of which Paths are the biggest douches.
>>
>>54689741
Nope

Acanthus
Obrimos
Moros
Thyrsus
Mastigos
>>
>>54689756
If it was then Obrimos would be right under Mastigos, while Moros and Thyrsus would be on the bottom.
>>
File: shiggy diggy.png (170KB, 382x346px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy diggy.png
170KB, 382x346px
>not being a Mastigos Mystagogue using Space magic and Mysterium connections to travel around the world uncovering Mysteries with your Lust as a goetic familiar
>>
>>54689683
The fact you thought you needed to explain yourself to a stranger on the internet is why you wouldn't be a Mastigos.

Mastigos DO they don't TALK.
>>
File: 1468644407995.jpg (42KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
1468644407995.jpg
42KB, 800x587px
>>54689788
I didn't think I needed to do anything. I don't need to explain to you why I explained myself to him.
>>
>>54689762
>If it was then Obrimos would be right under Mastigos, while Moros and Thyrsus would be on the bottom.

Meh, everyone knows that Acanthus are the biggest assholes!
>>
>>54689359
>choosing to be a fag in denial
>>
>>54689823
They're just the most insufferable.
>>
Legacy anon do the Scions of God pwetty pwease
>>
>>54689858
It's on the list.
Behind those Illuminated Path weirdos.

I remember looking at the Scions of God before though.
And bar their kooky Spirit-self, and the difficulties summoning it in a city, that shouldn't be too difficult to do.
>>
File: DaveB PopTartSupremacy.png (26KB, 1275x286px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB PopTartSupremacy.png
26KB, 1275x286px
I came across a old tidbit from Dave concerning how actual mage characters are normally not examples of mage supremacy.

Also, archmasters are so awesomely powerful that they can control and alter Pop Tarts.
>>
What's the Mastigos goetic Legacy again?
>>
>>54689952
That is one of the meatiest 'Mage Supremacy' comments coming from Brookshaw.

I was waiting for someone to post it. Fuck. Thanks a lot, jerk.
>>
>>54689952
>>54689985
>That is one of the meatiest 'Mage Supremacy' comments coming from Brookshaw.

There was actually a comment Dave made back on the old forums relevant to the 'Archmage vs Luna' debate.
He mentioned that an Archmage totally could roflstomp her(him/it), but that none have ever done it yet. For obvious reasons.

I'm kind of mad the White Wolf Archives are gone.
So much lost information from both the devs -and- the players.
>>
>>54689958
There's 2 Clavaclarius and Bene Asomodai
>>
>>54689958
The Clavicularius and the Bene Ashmedai.
>>
>>54689952
While I agree that Mages aren't as overpowered as some seem to think they are, he's comparing two extremes. A Gnosis 2 Acanthus with Time 1, Prime 1, and Fate 3 is a character you can have right out of character creation. In fact when it comes to the Arcana it's weaker, because you get six dots to spend on Arcana.
>>
>>54689683
You get to choose what order you join because of what you believe in you dont get chosen to awaken because of what you believe in.
>>
>>54689952

Dave indicates mages have "hefty weaknesses," but it's not clear what they are. Mages aren't ruled by a dangerous supernatural tempers, subject to any particular banes or hounded and hunted by more powerful forces or beings.

At the very worst, they're just human, for both good and ill.
>>
>>54690043
There are trends, and each Path has their own stereotypes and philosophies and themes.
>>
>>54690033
>A Gnosis 2 Acanthus with Time 1, Prime 1, and Fate 3 is a character you can have right out of character creation. In fact when it comes to the Arcana it's weaker, because you get six dots to spend on Arcana.

Bumping the character to Time 2 actually makes him a lot more powerful.

The power and versatility gained by increasing a rating in an Arcanum are not at all subtle.
>>
>>54689952
Wait. Does Dave hate pop tarts? They don't taste like battery acid to me.
>>
>>54690085
More that they're molten hot inside.
>>
>>54689952
Oh goddamnit, Enough with the Dave comments. You're just making Mage Supremacy even worse.
>>
>>54690098
everybody knows dave comments arnt canon so stop getting your panties in a knot
>>
>>54689261

Thyrsus

Obrimos

Deus Vult
>>
>>54690098
>You're just making Mage Supremacy even worse

Did you read the screencap? It argues *against* mage supremacy.
>>
File: Archmage.jpg (359KB, 700x963px) Image search: [Google]
Archmage.jpg
359KB, 700x963px
>>54689952
>"an archmage with Gnosis 10 and all Arcana at 9 can do, quite literally, anything"

YEAAAAAAAAH
ARCHMAGE SUPREMACY
>>
>>54690113
He literally just described what Mages can do at their highest and how no one can stop an obsessed autist from getting his way.
>>
I'm more concerned that Dave doesn't like poptarts. Who doesn't like poptarts?
>>
>>54690127
Not everyone is going to play an Archmage
>>
>>54690127
He just said there are fluff Mages of immense power and that a Mage who wanted to figure something out could do so. Either you're baiting or being a little bitch. Or both. But either way it's past time for you to grow up.
>>
>>54690063
I like to think those trends, preconceptions and stereotypes are mostly defined by the abilities newly awakened mages now have at their beck and call, freely and at all times.

>https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?783504-A-capability-based-analysis-by-Path-Mage-the-Awakening-2e
This is an interesting look into what it would mean to be a mage. Yes, yes, I know where it leads to, but it's honestly an interesting and enlightening read.
>>
>>54690151
>Either you're baiting or being a little bitch

How dare you. I am truthfully a total bitch but I'm most certainly *not* a baiter.
>>
Sometimes I feel like magefags are rednecks
>>
>>54690134
>I'm more concerned that Dave doesn't like poptarts. Who doesn't like poptarts?

I believe you misunderstand.

Dave likes Pop-Tarts, but he hates that the insides get so hot that they burn his mouth.

>Burning Pop-Tarts are obviously the oppressive work of the Exarchs
>>
File: 2016-09-19-wizard.png (284KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-19-wizard.png
284KB, 640x480px
>>54690146
>not playing an archmage
what are you a fag?
>>
File: hubris.png (23KB, 546x194px) Image search: [Google]
hubris.png
23KB, 546x194px
Even the great Komodo is susceptible to hubris
>>
>>54690058
>Mages aren't ruled by a dangerous supernatural tempers
Nope, they just have a supernatural awareness so potent they literally can't ignore supernatural phenomena, creating itches that they HAVE to scratch, even if it's dangerous or unwise. And in the pursuit of these Obsessions, they get stronger, and as they get stronger they have more opportunities to lose Wisdom, which means they lose control of their magic and can eventually wind up as Mad, meaning he has no control of his magic at all and has to be put down.

>subject to any particular banes
Paradox. People say it's been declawed, but it can still mess a Mage up, with one of the worst case scenarios being an Abyssal entity being summoned because of your dumb ass. In fact that might not even be the worst case, because your ST can impose whatever Paradox Conditions he can think of on you, if you give him the means. And if you're stupid, he'll get them. People underestimate Paradox as it is now, because you can get off light if you're lucky or careful. But if you aren't, it can snowball, fast.

>hounded and hunted by more powerful forces or beings.
You serious? Abyssals actively want to ruin your day. As a member of the Pentacle, you're up against Mages who are not only entrenched in the power system of the Fallen World, but have the backing of the tyrannical god kings of reality who want to keep you down, and they hand out power and Supernal artifacts to their loyal followers like candy.

And this doesn't touch on things like the mechanics of spell casting, where you have to spend Reach to move casting time from Ritual casting time to Instant, and if you use bonuses like tools or High Speech so that you aren't working with just the bare minimum it ups the casting time by potentially turns, with the chances for your chant to be interrupted or your tool to be taken away very real.
>>
Obrimos

Obrimos

When you autistically overanalyze things in real life, you just know that you would be increasing your Gnosis the same way.
>>
>>54690253
What did he do?
>>
>>54690381
Fuckin' developed Awakening, that's what

That's worth a 5 dot Omen right there
>>
So what disciplines allow for Vampires to eat things other than blood?

Essentiaphagia lets them chew on Ghosts, breathdrinking lets them eat breath (or livers), Blood Tenebrous lets them gnaw at spirits. What else have I missed?
>>
>>54690994
Developed awakening to remove the sleeping curse. Or reinforced it, by forcing us to shitpost about it.
>>
>>54691029
Niktuku and Macellerous get to eat flesh.
>>
Is it weird that I enjoy playing both the underdog changelings in Lost and the priviliged mages in Awakening?
>>
>>54691337
That's not how this works. You must choose a side, anon.
>>
>>54691337
Is it weird for one to like both cold, creamy ice cream and crunchy, spicy chicken sandwiches?

I shouldn't make metaphors when I'm hungry.
>>
>>54691337
Not at all.
It's fun to play the Underdog, but also to just drive people's faces into the dirt.
>>
>>54690253
I never understood what was up with that profile picture?
>>
>>54691392
I believe it's one of the Gentlemen from the Buffy The Vampire Slayer episode "Hush".
>>
Mage illiterate here
What can you actually do with Prime ? The only thing I've seen linked with it here is counterspells
Is it viable to "main" Prime ? What would the result be ?
>>
>>54689952
He still acknowledged that you can't tell when a Demon is lying
>>
What's the minimum number of peeps you can have in a Cabal?
>>
>>54692316
>>
>>54692239
Prime is powerful but kind of specialized. It deals mainly with magic itself, and isn't as versatile as the other Arcana because of it. If you mained Prime you would be a nightmare for other Mages to deal with. You could tear apart any spell they cast. You could hide yourself from them, making your soul read as a Sleeper. You could shield yourself from any directly hostile spells, blocking thunderbolts and windstrikes. You could destroy or invigorate Hallows, precious sources of Mana. You could simply siphon Mana from a Hallow with a spell, as proposed to performing an oblation, a kind of ritual. You could attack your enemies with Supernal wind and fire summoned from the Aether. You could create Eidolons, idealized supernal forms who can act as a retainer for you. There are other things, like imbuing items. In short, you would be very useful and dangerous in situations involving Supernal magic, but not especially great in other areas.

Also, a fun little tidbit some of you might be interested in, on page 194, under the Mage Armor section:
"Prime Armor does not protect the mage from mundane
attacks. Instead, it protects the mage from incoming magical
attacks, including the damaging spells of other Awakened, but
also any supernatural effect that deals direct damage.
Prime Armor reduces the damage of all wholly supernatural
attacks by the character’s Prime dots. For example, it will defend
against an Aimed damaging spell or a bolt of energy shot at the
character, but not a werewolf’s claws."

>does not protect from mundane attacks
>wouldn't defend from a werewolf's claws
Sorry, woofs. Your claws are mundane after all.
>>
>>54692239
Create objects made of mana, hide from supernatural things, you won't g set to do th more cooler things like teleport or shit but you'll make sure others can't either
>>
>>54692526
Wholly supernatural. A werewolf using a damaging gift that isn't couched in the physical would work, not so much one wrapped in their claws.
>>54692558
Plus at 5 prime you can just go fuck up the city by creating lasting hallows everywhere. Hooray!
>>
>>54692583
>>54692558
>>54692526
First, thanks
Second, a few other questions
What are Hallows ?
Would Prime and Entropy work well together ?
I love the idea of manipulating probability and that seemed to fall under Entropy's purview
>>
>>54692619
>What are Hallows ?
Places where mana (supernal energy) gathers in Awakening. Like a fountain in a rooftop garden, or a pool with a plant growing out it, the leaves tass (mana in physical form).

Fun fact, more potent hallows tend to form at higher elevations, so that's where the wizard's tower stereotype came from.
>>
>>54692619
And to clarify, the Prime I outlined for you is from Awakening. Fate would be the probability Arcanum of Awakening.
>>
>>54692583
>Wholly supernatural.
Yeah, but the argument was that claw slashes would be considered supernatural attacks in and of themselves, enough to trigger a Clash. No evidence was presented for it, and
now there's something going against it.

Of course an attack with a gift would trigger a Clash or be weakened by Prime Mage Armor.
>>
>>54692792
Well, their teeth count as 'mystic' damage according to their corebook for anything that needs it. Plus they've got their thing with Twilight Spirits.
>>
>>54692981
That bit was really unnecessarily vague. I would have it count as a supernatural attack anyway, but I would like to know why its mystic nature is dependent on who is being bitten, and why it gives lethal damage to vampires. What's the deal with Father Wolf's resonance?

What does it all mean? What are they talking about? 'Mystic teeth'. I don't even get it.
>>
>>54693131
Werewolf's are half spirit and channel their spiritual reiastu through their teeth.
>>
>>54693278
>Werewolf's are half spirit and channel their spiritual reiastu through their teeth.

While that may be relevant when fighting spirits, it means absolutely nothing when combating humans such as mages.

This is clearly one of those areas that's begging for some clarification by Dave.
>>
>come into thread because it's been a bit since I've had a fun talk about Darkness
>maybe there will be some things about Hunter here, had a fun session in Aokigahara that would be great to talk about with fellow Hunterbros
>it's still a fucking mage circlejerk general
>>
File: BillyMageHere.png (2MB, 2342x3283px) Image search: [Google]
BillyMageHere.png
2MB, 2342x3283px
Is the LIE getting You DOWN?
HI Bill Mage Here to talk to You about an exciting new product
Did you think I was dead? Ha another Lie of the fallen World
Is dissidence getting you down? Does paradox cling to your staff?
Hi Billy Mage here to bring you the newest in paradox prevention
Tools ... And Rotes! Colorful Favorable and Reliable! (audience AH)

Hi Billy Mage here to take care of all your Fallen Problems
Are wolfs beating down at your door? Are fae buzzing around your head?
Well we have news for you today! Spirit Shaminism and Fate Fuckery.
(audience OH AH)
Take out your Lunar Lander and lasso that bull and take it for all its worth
Oaths and Contracts making Your life complicated? Tear up those obligations
with a flick of the wand your meta narrative bills are tossed aside

HI Billy Mage here to talk to you about Wards!
Do you need to hide your sanctum from prying eyes?
How about just a little extra storage? Space, It's not just Planets Anymore

Hi Billy Mage here Thanks to our very own Moros Death Mages
Love these guys Lots of tech support and they can be there for You.
Estate disputes? No last will and testament?
DO you have a murder mystery? Call these guys up.
And They Will help you call up your love ones and find piece of mind

HI Billy mage here. Do you find yourself just needing a little extra help?
DO you need a straight forward versatile reliable solution?
Have you tried Forces? You got your fire, you got your electricity,
You got your weather You got your Gravity You got your light and sound
You are your own Hollywood special effects department

HI Billy mage here. Are you a Moros but you don't want to the necromancer?
Well I have Good News for you today! Why because it Matters
Turn Lead into Gold. Fix your car without a mechanic.
All those do it yourself home improvement projects are now a thing of the past

HI Billy Mage here. DO you find there are just not enough hours in the day?
Have you tried Time yet?
>>
>>54693541
Let's be real, if Dave clarified it, it would hardly settle things. Werefags would decry him, as they and other splatfags always do when his posts back up Mage. "It's not in the book, so it's meaningless!", etc. I would go with what he says because I just respect his status as a writer and a developer, but Magefags who quote him solely because he inadvertently backs up Mage Supremacy would change their tune pretty fast if he said yes, werewolf claws are supernatural enough to evoke a Clash, or they would try to be clever and turn the "it's not in the book so it isn't canon" stance back on the werefags, saying they would be hypocrites to take his word when it backs them up.

He also evidently does not know everything enough to pass judgements, as he couldn't or wouldn't say anything conclusive on the Demon v Prime argument, saying that he didn't write either of the relevant sections. Somebody else did.

But it would be nice if he did clarify it, if only for fluff reasons.
>>
>>54693629
Tell me about your session, anon. I know next to nothing about Hunter but I would be interested in hearing how a game goes.
>>
>>54693662
>He also evidently does not know everything enough to pass judgements, as he couldn't or wouldn't say anything conclusive on the Demon v Prime argument, saying that he didn't write either of the relevant sections. Somebody else did.

It's proof that Dave only provides definitive answers concerning questions entirely within his remit as developer of Mage. He often yields to the developer of other lines or refuses to comment because any ruling would impact areas he doesn't develop.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he (and/or Stew) ruled that werewolf bites (not claws according to the section in Forsaken 2e) count as supernatural for purposes of spells like Kinetic Shield. All that would mean is that the shield cancelled damages for only [Potency] number of attacks as per the general creative thaumaturgy Shielding rules. Such a spell still wouldn't be too shabby (although gravity shenanigans would still be more effective).
>>
File: 1491491112364.jpg (245KB, 1920x956px) Image search: [Google]
1491491112364.jpg
245KB, 1920x956px
>DriveThruRPG doesn't ship to my country
>trying to find VtR 2e on ebay has failed to produce results
>trying to find the 2nd edition of Dark Ages: Vampire has also failed to produce results

At this point, I'm honestly contemplating just saving a bit throughout the year, hoarding up enough cash to go abroad and just buy a shitton of the stuff that I want.

For those wondering, I'm from Serbia, and if you know of any way I could buy VtM and VtR books that don't end up costing me an arm and a leg from shipping fees alone, I'd be mighty obliged if you let me know about it here.
>>
>>54694105

I assume you've already downloaded the PDF's and still want hard copies?
>>
>>54694157

Yep. Initially just wanted the most basic stuff, core rulebooks for 20th Anniversary (Dark Ages and Masquerade) and VtR 2nd edition, but now I'm thinking if I do end up going abroad for this, I might as well buy a ton of other supplements, maybe stuff like Hunters Hunted II.
>>
>>54694174
Seems like going abroad is the best way. If you're going to spend a shitton of money on these books, you might as well make an experience out of it.
>>
>>54694212

Yeah, but I have to find out whether there's some place in Europe that has a lot of them available or if I'll have to go all the way to the USA for them.
>>
>>54694221
Are the publishers based in the US? I honestly don't know.
>>
>>54694003
Wouldn't the teeth have to win a Clash to knock the Potency off, or does it happen either way and they would cause damage if they won the Clash?
>>
>>54694174

Most of the books are not available in stores. Printed books are only ordered on demand from DriveThruRPG.

Your best bet if you really want the books is to find a re-shipper or shipping service with an acceptable address, order a lot of books, and then just pay the reshipping fees.
>>
>>54694275
>Wouldn't the teeth have to win a Clash to knock the Potency off, or does it happen either way and they would cause damage if they won the Clash?

It's entirely unclear. A physical attack is unlike what would happen with the sample shielding spells from Arcana like Spirit, Mind and Death, and basing a kinetic shield on Alchemist's Touch from Matter doesn't resolve the issue, at least consistent with the general shielding spell guidelines. This is why Mage really needs a FAQ...
>>
>>54694249

IIRC, White Wolf focused mostly on North America. Europe was neglected by them in terms of distribution, people had to set up shop and deals on their own with them. In Serbia, I don't think there's anyone that ever bothered and the one guy that I know of who has literally every single one of their WoD books (yes, every single one) is a richfag who went abroad and bought them all at once.

DriveThruRPG ships only to Greece, France, UK, Finland and Germany in Europe.

>>54694290

Never did this or knew it could be done. I guess I'll look into that then. Know any reliable services for that?
>>
>>54694320
>Never did this or knew it could be done. I guess I'll look into that then. Know any reliable services for that?

Unfortunately, I do not. I luckily rarely face the issue living in New York City, although I know some people who order goods only available in Europe and then use a London re-shipper.

However, even a cursory Google search reveals a lot of potential options, although I imagine that costs and reliability vary.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&site=&source=hp&q=reshipping+services+&oq=reshipping+services+&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i7i30k1l4.340.10117.0.11384.23.20.2.0.0.0.150.2005.13j7.20.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.21.1981.0..0j0i131k1.n_y4gRk8xKc
>>
>>54694374

Thanks for trying to help anyway.
>>
>>54694320
Free tip: Don't use anyone based in South America, SE Asia, China or the Middle East (Dubai is usually okay, provided it's run by grubby foreigners).
>>
>>54694515

I figured I'd see if there's one based in one of the places that DriveThruRPG ships to in Europe, then if that doesn't work out I'll look for something in NA.
>>
Starting a white-wolf WoD game tonight. Looking to do a War of the worlds story, set in place of WWI. Anybody run something similar, or have statblocks I can use for baddies and/or early 20th century equipment?
>>
>>54689261
Thyrsus
Knowing my luck? Mastigos.
>>
>>54695101
You must be pretty lucky then. Mastigos is one of the best Paths.
>>
>>54695138
You mean most boring.
>>
>>54695352
How so? mind is so memeable
>>
>>54695352
That would be Obrimos.
>>
File: image%3A31132_mirror2.jpg (546KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A31132_mirror2.jpg
546KB, 2048x2048px
>>54695352
>most boring mage
Doesn't really make a difference
>>
File: Mustang.gif (774KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mustang.gif
774KB, 500x300px
>>54695384
There is something to be said for being able to throw fireballs at your problems until they go away.

Ambitious Silver Ladder Obrimos dealing with a vampire w/ protean.
>>
Does anyone have a copy of the Transylvania Chronicles for V:DA that's not in shit quality?
>>
>>54695002
The key is to play up the mystery and dial down the combat. The players should feel impotent, as though they're staring down the barrel of a gun.

Don't fuck them over, but make sure they feel every victory is *hard won*. It should never be easy. Even if it really was easy, play up some aspect of prep work they did or pure luck and claim that was the only reason they lived.
>>
Anyone think Demon the Descent is retarded? Angels and Demons are machines, so dumb. They're meant to be of fire and brimstone
>>
>>54695614
Sorry your idea sounds really boring.
>>
>>54696274
Shut up dumbass
>>
Order of Hermes anyone????
>>
>>54696307
Demon the Fallen more > Demon the Descent
>>
>>54696327
Demon the Fallen lore*

Damn autocorrect
>>
>>54696285
Well, then dress them up in superhero tights. You're running mortals against aliens. Do whatever the fuck you think your players will like.
>>
>>54696442
But they aren't mortals they are mages
>>
>>54696533
>superhero tights
yeah whats the problem? you trying to deny the player's yantra bonuses?
>>
>>54696340
>>54696327
No it isn't. Why would anyone actually want to play a real Demon? I am glad Cod retconned them into being super advanced synthoids. I am not a Satan worshipper so I can actually play the descent without bothering my concious
>>
>>54695614
oh yeah for sure. They're victories are gonna be constantly overshadowed by the greater losses going on across all of europe.

I am toying with the idea of them getting doused in alien goo or something first session, so they can all take some kind of supernatural power.
>>
File: DDJack.gif (32KB, 468x240px) Image search: [Google]
DDJack.gif
32KB, 468x240px
>>54696719
>Was meme
>>
>>54695614
Also no idea who >>54696285and >>54696533
are but they're not the original question asker, I am. (seen here >>54696739 )

For the record no one is starting out a Mage. In all the WoD games we've played before everyone is mundane, with supernatural stuff happening around them. (think x-files or twin peaks) The idea of them being nearby one of the first alien attacks, and getting some kind of powers from that encounter, is something I'm currently thinking about.
>>
>>54696719
Nice superstitious religion belief meme
>>
>>54696719
>I am glad Cod retconned
nothing
It didn't retcon shit because it's a new setting
Retcon = Retroactive Continuity
As in "we are retroactively changing the details of this thing that happened previously in the current continuity"
>>
>>54696806
>>54697093
Fuck off spiritistic fuccbois. Demon the fallen is demonized and I will not play it
>>
>>54697147
???

Can you really not separate a game from your beliefs?
>>
>>54697414
If Phil can't then why should we expect more from this one?
>>
>>54696274

It's almost like there's other types of angels and demons in the setting.
>>
So, anyone not voted for Golden Age of Science Fiction yet? Because if you are a cool person who does cool things, you will do this.
>>
>>54697414
Doesn't matter if it's a game or not to God.
>>
>>54689261

>Willingly

Thyrsus.

>Likely

Thyrsus. Biology is my jam. My Mystery Play will involve swimming through a sea of molten agar.
>>
>>54697683
A god who gets bumblasted over a game doesn't sound a god I would want to worship. Just putting that out there.
>>
>>54697683
I'm pretty sure God has more important things to do than smite your ass for playing Demon The Fallen. He SHOULD have better things to do, anyway.
>>
>>54697663
There's another poll? What even won the last one?
>>
>>54697663
>not voting for Medieval Ireland

>>54697747
The Egyptian one.
>>
>>54697747

Yeah, new poll.

http://theonyxpath.com/dark-eras-poll/

Same link as the old one.

Previous winner was the Necropolis of Hawara, because we really needed a third Egyptian setting apparently. Would've been nice to have the Empire of Mali instead for that, but oh well. Golden Age of Science Fiction wins hard.
>>
>>54697784
Well, I voted for science fiction, although it appears that Braveheart is winning.
>>
>>54697760

Medieval Ireland is neat and all, but unless we're gonna get hard into paganism (and, really, what exactly is left of Irish paganism? It got shattered by Christianization), it feels like you'd be better off using the Ireland section in The Raven and The Wolf from DE1.

>>54697844

By about 3 votes, yeah. All it takes is a handful of people to change their minds.
>>
>>54697868

Itms a companion to te viking setting, to show the folks they raided. Meanwhile I have no clue what the actual setting part of e science-fiction one would look like.
>>
>Golden Age of SF setting

This is a really, really elaborate way of getting around that it's actually the World War II setting that people seem to actually want.
>>
>>54696274
read Inferno, Mage or Promethean, retard
>>
>>54696340
>Demon the Fallen lore
>muh God (who is actually female, so progressive)
>muh Lucifer
>muh Faith
>muh autists have a weaker soul and can be easier possessed

neck yourself
>>
>>54697908
WWII went to Awakening 1e. Mage Noir.
>>
Hi, folks. I've a Classic WoD, V:tM-20th edition question for yall. Rather, I want feedback and opinions.

In Time of Thin Blood, they introduced rules for 15th Generations. 15th Generations are all 'thin bloods'- in essence, they're caitiffs and compared to cainites, are a shit. They can't use 6 out of 10 of their bloodpoints for anything but waking up at night, and using blood to raise attributes or use disciplines requires double the expenditure. They can't learn Disciplines higher than 3 dots/intermediary levels.

However, they do have a power that no other cainite does; They have the creative freedom to pursue creation of original disciplines. They pretty much only need to have the EXP to purchase a discipline and have been practicing, visualizing, wanting to develop this ability from their blood. Inceptors work with Storytellers to do this. Still limited to only 3 dots, but fact is, they can do it.

Well... I had an idea.

What if an Inceptor wanted to do something like a combo discipline- create something new- but instead of create something new whole cloth or create a combo skill, they just improve one of the instinctive skills?

The EXP costs are steep. 15 EXP to learn a new discipline, 28 for level 2, 42 for level 3. And you need Storyteller endorsement. But Inception is a possibility.

What if someone improved a characteristic of an existing Discipline? Lets say, increasing resistance to fire. Suddenly, the target number of difficulty to soak fire sinks by 1 for each level. It can now never be greater than 7 to soak damage from fire.
Or suppose it was turned to increasing the effecitveness of Fortitude against Bashing damage? Suddenly each purchased dot equals an opportunity for your Fortitude. One success now negates two bashing damage in the soak stage, before it's halved due to the cainite condition.

Considering the EXP cost, would these be reasonable uses of Inception for 15th generations?
>>
>>54697939
God was a chick? No wonder Caine got cursed so hard.
>>
>>54697896

Ideally, it'd be territory they don't get to go that often; the High Weirdness of the era. Less a focus on historical accuracy, more on capturing an idea. Specifically, the idea you see in things like Day of the Triffids, or Them!, or War of the Worlds.

I want a setting where an experimental new chemical to make plants grow bigger causes them to become gigantic and carnivorous. I want the government covering up The Greys. I want strange devices built by crackpots that teleport people to alternate realities. That kind of bollocks.
>>
>>54697959
>God is a woman
>curses Caine to drink blood
um I'm not liking how these things go together
>>
File: 1470604540820.gif (1MB, 451x331px) Image search: [Google]
1470604540820.gif
1MB, 451x331px
>tfw so far all of the eras and splats you've voted for have won and it looks like it could happen again
>>
>>54698004
all will be Mage eras
>>
File: 1484346647330.gif (2MB, 636x345px) Image search: [Google]
1484346647330.gif
2MB, 636x345px
>>54698021
Icing on the cake to me bby
>>
>>54697942

It's post-WWII, coming back from the war is a major theme in it. You can't address the Golden Age of SF with that kind of time frame without addressing the elephant in the room, making it the WWII setting without just throwing down and going "This is Weird War CofD," since Dark Eras has explicitly tried to avoid doing that.
>>
What are the Skinchangers in "Skinchangers/Demon: The Descent: Beneath the Skin"?
>>
>>54698107

A minor template of people who can shapeshift using enchanted animal skins.
>>
An anon had recommended the Horror Recognition Guide to me to provide a few short stories of things happening in the CofD universe to use as a set of ideas on how to build a campaign. Are there any other books similar to this? Hunter is my preferred perspective, but I'll take it from any angle.
>>
>>54698137
How do the skins get enchanted? Can anyone use them? Is it like the hexenwulfen from Dresden Files?
>>
>>54697718
>>54697742
God is omnipotent and omniscient. I think that affords him the ability to multitask. Plus the bible clearly states not to have any dealings with demons period. They are pure evil so why would I play a game where I can be one? Not to mention God is a female which is blasphemous
>>
>>54698284
The Daeva clanbook tells the story of a guy who has his life ruined by a not even special Daeva. Gave a lot of insight on how vampires affect the mortals who get close to them, imo, more than just Daeva. Being a blood doll and even being on the periphery of Kindred society turned out to be terrible for him.
>>
>>54698317

There's a chain of Merits that give you the ability to make the skins.
>>
>>54697979
So? Play Genius then, you fucking retard, don't ruin MY game with your childish dogshit.
>>
>>54698386
Fuck off you stupid edgelord
>>
>>54698356
what about Reconcilers that want to make amends for their crime, possibly by hunting other demons?
>>
>>54698463
That is false. Demons may regret falling but since they are perfect they have zero means of redemption and forgiveness just like Adam and Eve
>>
>>54698448
Not an argument. Unless you think
>DUDE ray guns lmao
is smart. (which it isn't, in case your a retard, which you are)
>>
>>54698386
>MY game
>MY
Which game is it that you own?

>>54698545
>your a retard
>your
>>
So how about that scion update?
>>
>>54697663
Not that Golden Age of Sci-Fi wasn't great, but when I imagine it in the hands of Onyx Path hacks...
>>
>>54698630
Has ama-whoever given their thoughts on the new egyptians?
>>
File: 1456939651285.jpg (10KB, 287x287px) Image search: [Google]
1456939651285.jpg
10KB, 287x287px
>>54698612
>has no argument
>has to correct grammar to order to make himself feel good about his shit taste
>>
>>54698670
Atamajakki? I don't know if he has or not.
>>
File: 1491784734645.png (192KB, 501x445px) Image search: [Google]
1491784734645.png
192KB, 501x445px
>>54698698
I don't have an argument because I'm not the one you're arguing with. Also, I voted for Medieval Ireland. I was just pointing out that you're being a stupid autist. Or baiting. Either way, you aren't worth anyone's time, although I'm sure you'll reply to yourself in an attempt to draw people in if nobody pays you any more attention.

Let's see if your next post (which I'm not going to reply to) can offer a comeback more creative than a samefag accusation or something equally childish.
>>
>>54698670

Much improved. There's a couple minor things that bug me, but it's actually pretty good compared to the tire fire that was the original draft. Plus, they put my favorite goddess in, and did her justice!

I've said as much on the KS page, but I'm tragically banned from the forums for the moment.

My fursona was originally a Netjer Scion.
>>
>>54698796
>Plus, they put my favorite goddess in, and did her justice!
Who is that? Why were you banned?
>>
>>54698796
>fursona
And here I thought we could bond over being the only scion fans
>>
>>54698545
>>54698698

You realize that >>54698386 ain't an argument, mate? There's no points of contention here, just personal opinion. Which is fine, you don't have to like stuff I do. Just like how you wouldn't have to use any of the rules in a given Dark Era.

>>54698666

As long as it's not Matt McFarland, it should be good. Matt's a cool guy and all, but Beast has been such a colossal mess, I don't really trust him.
>>
>>54698937
>arguments
you don't win arguments on 4chan
>>
>>54699038
Maybe you don't.
>>
File: Projecting.jpg (73KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
Projecting.jpg
73KB, 490x333px
>>54699100
>I'm so insecure I need the last word
yes, yes you are
>>
>>54699149
>>54699100
>>54699038
I just got here but you all sound like fags to me.
>>
File: IMG_3226.png (152KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3226.png
152KB, 300x300px
>>54698806

Het-Heru, or Hathor if you're a silly Greek. I got banned for being rude.

>>54698817

:3c
>>
File: Untitled.png (42KB, 363x321px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
42KB, 363x321px
>>54699149
Not even the same guy, dipshit.

There's a reason why you don't win internet arguments.
>>
>>54689581
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

You snort coke off of the vampire stripper's ass BEFORE you turn her into furniture.
>>
File: 1474331659091.jpg (30KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1474331659091.jpg
30KB, 500x376px
>>54699269
>not snorting the coke before AND after
lol, dumbass, i bet you're a sleeper.
>>
>>54699269
Literal objectification is a perfectly valid fetish. Please stop kink-shaming the Seers.
>>
Prime 1
>Detect a Demon's lies / truths and pierce through their covers
Forces 2
>Block all kinetic damage up to Aggravated reduced by Potency

Why such low dots? I know Mages are powerful but it seems silly that Initiates / Apprentices can potentially do so much.
>>
>>54699199
I'd smooch it
>>
>>54699318
MUH SPEED BUMPS
>>
>>54699199
>Het-Heru
>Hathor ( Het Heru in ancient Egyptian language), is the beautiful, nurturing cow-headed goddess of Egypt. She is the goddess of music, dancing, wine, joy, and love, whose devotees celebrate her rich generative powers through song, rhythm, and laughter. As the patron goddess of women and beauty, Hathor presides over the sacred feminine arts of adornment, enchantment, and lovemaking.
And she's in Mummy now?

Quick question, can I fuck her?
>>
>>54699318

Because the only Demons you will encounter 99% of the time are NPCs and it does not matter one way or another how an NPC feels aside from in-character matters.

For the 1% of the time that crossover with Demon PCs happen, you settle with a gentlemen's agreement on powerlevels because the games are not intended to be crossed over aside from a basic set of rules template for ease of play. That, or play a game that encourages and supports supernatural crossover, like Urban Shadows.

Power levels in WoD are always slotted towards PC characters and against NPCs, which makes the concept of PvP completely pointless.
>>
>>54699374

No, she's in Scion now, though Mummy has the Nameless Bull as one of the gods.

>>54699467
>someone else talking about Urbam Shadows

Huh, thought I was the only one. The game I'm running has a psychic vampire, a demonic corporate executive, a hunter, a ghost, and a mad scientist from another timeline.
>>
>>54699318

Wrong about the Demons. Their ability to lie beats all supernatural methods of lie detection.

Not really relevant, though: Mage is a game all about power and hubris. Mages are, by design, incredibly powerful and versatile beings, albeit in a far, far, FAR more limited sense than they tend to think of themselves.

The whole point of Mage is a mixture of "Here is a tool kit, what are you going to do with it?" and "Hey, wanna go look at something weird?"
>>
>>54699318
>>54699467

I thought a Demon's lies couldn't be broken?

I also thought that magefags were being retarded with the kinetic immunity thing
>>
File: A_DM_in_his_natural_environment.gif (475KB, 290x199px) Image search: [Google]
A_DM_in_his_natural_environment.gif
475KB, 290x199px
Alright, can someone give me an idea of what a good introductory mage the Ascension chronicle chapter looka like?

I'm struggling to find a balance between too small in scope and too large for people that are new to the setting.

Right now my chapter ideas are basically:
1. Try to gain all the things they wanted in their sleeper life and realize it's too complicated, the consensus is too overwhelming, or that they don't have enough power.
2. Try to gain power and end up competing with another local circle of mages ending in a stalemate regardless of who claims the place of power.
3-5? Slowly introduce the Technocracy, the Mad, and the Nephandi.

Does that seem about right?
>>
>>54699538
>Wrong about the Demons. Their ability to lie beats all supernatural methods of lie detection.
This is where the devs need to come in, truly.
>Prime says 'yes'
>Demon says 'no'
Ask your ST for now

>>54699555
Demon's lies should be detectable if we go by Prime as a purview, or else it would beat the point of the Arcanum.

Kinetic immunity only goes up to Aggravated reduced by Potency as he mentioned. It's very powerful, but not invulnerable.
Most other splats won't be able to break it due to the fact that Aggravated damage is hard to come by, unless you're an Adept Mage.
>>
>>54699607

See, the thing is, the books already contain a resolution for "X power does Y" and "Z power stops Y", in the form of a Clash of Wills. That demonstrates that something being under an arcanum's purview doesn't mean it can just fiat do anything in the hands of a Mage.

Demon lies beat supernatural attempts at revealing them. Treat it like an automatic win on a Clash.
>>
>>54699693

And Prime reveals all attempts to conceal the Truth.

It's exactly the type of situation where you just stated would require a Clash of Will for two opposing supernatural powers.
>>
>>54699318
Unless the Mage has a good amount of dots in Gnosis and the Arcanum in question, the spells won't be especially potent or likely to win out in a Clash of Wills against higher dot splats.
>>
>>54699534
But can I fuck her?
>>
>>54699693
Never suggested that a Mage will triumph over said matter.
I damn well expect a Clash.

I just don't think it's going to be an automatic win for the Demon, going from experience with Mages beating things that shouldn't be beaten.
>>
>>54699739
Kinetic Immunity/Shield/Whatever would only grant 'immunity' up to Aggravated.

To beat the spell, higher dot splats would need to inflict either;
>a conflicting power to invoke a Clash
>aggravated damage potent enough to beat its Potency

Even low level Mages can make themselves relatively defended.
>>
>>54699534

I'm pretty uncomfortable with Magpie (and a lot of the industry at the moment) but that's all me. It's a fine game that I think folks should try. It's good Monster Mash that's a little more general than Monsterhearts, and it's surprisingly easy to backport into CofD or WoD.

It's also got the Touhoufriend Seal of Mechanical Approval, so there's that if it matters to people.
>>
>>54699762

I'm not gonna tell you not to. The Egyptians had a lot of weird cum magic.
>>
>>54699906

Yeah, that whole thing with Magpie is... less than ideal. I'm not planning on buying more from them any time soon.

At least Avery Alder is a gift, and then the Blades in the Dark crew seem like upstanding folks.
>>
>>54699913

My favourite story remains how Horus wanked on Set's cabbages.
>>
>>54699835
>Kinetic Immunity/Shield/Whatever would only grant 'immunity' up to Aggravated.
This is only if you go exactly by the rules for Alchemist's Touch. The hard rules for Shielding are unfortunately not all that extensive.
>>
>>54699728
>>54699771

You would. But there are certain situations where Clashes are auto-won, like how Archmages auto-win Clashes with Awakened over Awakened magic.

Like I said, treat it as an auto-win.
>>
>>54700216
While I completely agree, I see no reason why one wouldn't use Alchemist's Touch as the basis for it.
>>
>>54700242
It would be the most sensible thing to do, but with creative thaum you could really structure the spell however you want as long as it doesn't contradict established rules and you and your ST come to an agreement on it.

I would probably just use Alchemist's Touch though.
>>
Question: What do you mean by "kinetic damage"?
>>
I just noticed that certain splats can only be dealt Aggravated damage from specific sources. Sunlight for Vampires, silver for Werewolves, etc.

So are they also immune to Unmaking? Unmaking doesn't actually deal damage, but still.
>>
>>54700326
Punches, bullets, the force and shrapnel from explosions but not the heat, non-gift empowered werewolf claws, etc.
>>
>>54700346

I don't think the lists of sources of aggravated damage are exhausted.
>>
>>54700346
That's not how it works. Vampires and Werewolves can both take aggravated from sources other than their template weaknesses. Try reading the rest of the page where it says magic does damage normally.

Are you the same retard from like 4 threads ago?
>>
>>54700363

I feel like shrapnel wouldn't be safe, for the same reason Werewolf claws, since the damage is cutting, not force. Not sure on the symbology. But blunt force, not cutting, is symbolically good.
>>
>>54700227
I don't know. I'm still not convinced. Demon was also released years before Mage 2e.

Perhaps the Crossover Chronicle will verify the issue. Or maybe Dave's writing buddy will get back to him.
>>
>>54700395
kinetic energy is kinetic energy, be it cutting, blunt force, or trauma of any kind.
>>
>>54700395
It's not just blunt force, but any kind of force having to do with damage from motion. A knife doesn't slash without kinetic force behind it.
>>
>>54700409

Well, we'll see. I think Demon has Clash in it, but it's thematically important to Demon NOT to Clash but simply to auto-win.

I'd like to take the chance to say crossovers are dumb.
>>
>>54700436
>I think Demon has Clash in it, but it's thematically important to Demon NOT to Clash but simply to auto-win.

You could literally say the same thing regarding Mage. It beats the whole purpose of Prime.
>>
>>54700422
>>54700434

Literally, it is the case that the kinetic energy drives it, but literally, kinetic energy is something of an illusion; it's just a descriptive term for far more complex reactions. It's the symbology that matters.

Otherwise, you could argue that you can't insult the character, as the kinetic energy in the sound wave moving air particles refuses to allow the insult to hurt them.
>>
>>54700484

I can cast a Mind Veiling spell to conceal deception and it'd Clash with that Prime spell and potentially win. Prime works at truth finding in most scenarios, but weird edge cases exist. Hell, as a friend recently said, Mage's core is taking something in the rules and having it act differently. That shit is what makes Mysteries.
>>
>>54700494
Assuming we're still discussing Shielding here, the symboloy would be protection. I see no reason why 'cutting' is going to be any different from 'blunt force'.
>>
>>54700179

Not the one where Sekhmet almost exterminated humanity until Djehuti got her too shitfaced to keep genociding us?
>>
>>54700528
The difference in "potentially" and "auto-win" is quite big.
>>
File: Marvel-s-The-Defenders.jpg (51KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-s-The-Defenders.jpg
51KB, 600x397px
Vampire coterie, werewolf pack or mage cabal?
>>
>>54700614
Their weak ass pathetic power levels make them seem more like Hunters with endowments or maybe 2nd sight style 'psychics'. They lack any real robustness of power to be any template in WoD.
>>
File: 1463647365843.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1463647365843.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>54700409
>Or maybe Dave's writing buddy will get back to him.

Dave was more than likely trolling when said that.

>why dave
>>
>>54700551

I think my response would be "Would it still hurt you just as much if pushed towards you as hard as a thumb pushed slooowly against you just to the point where it nudges you back a step?"

If yes, it's not the kinetic energy that's hurting you, it's the shearing forces.

>>54700558

I mean, that is a really close second. It's the one I tell my family is my favourite.

>>54700563

It might be, but that's not the point. Prime's purpose is not abnegated by being defeated in a fairly specific set of circumstances. That you can't tell a Demon's veracity is a Mystery.
>>
>>54700695
>If yes, it's not the kinetic energy that's hurting you, it's the shearing forces.
If we're still using Alchemist's Touch as the basis for this supposed Kinetic Shield, would it not be feasible to expend a Reach to duly defend against a second force, in this case; shearing?

>That you can't tell a Demon's veracity is a Mystery.
I feel like anon is coming from the angle that 'if it can't be solved, it isn't fun'. Which is understandable. If Prime can't counteract a Demon's lies(truths) whatsoever, then it's not a very compelling angle.
>>
>>54700860
MAGES SUPREMACY amirite guys?
>>
>>54700860
>If we're still using Alchemist's Touch as the basis for this supposed Kinetic Shield, would it not be feasible to expend a Reach to duly defend against a second force, in this case; shearing?
Pressure would be more appropriate, I think.
>>
I'm still trying to grasp why Prime wouldn't work on a Demon's lies. It already works on Covers, similar to Changeling's Masques.

A Demon's powers are also based on Fallen reality, which is exactly what the Arcana are equipped to deal with.
>>
>>54702284
I think it's because people are looking at it wrong;
Prime won't tell you that a Demon is lying, but it will tell you that what it's saying isn't true.
Demon's Poker Face thing just makes it so, no matter what, they always read as believing what they're saying, 100%.
Prime spells don't detect whether someone believes they're telling the truth, but rather whether or not what's being said is the Truth.

So, if you use a Prime spell to determine if a Demon who just said the sky is green is telling the Truth, the spell will tell you he's wrong, not that he's lying.
>>
>>54702284
This isn't the first time a splat has stated something rather questionable in regards to another gamelines.

Remember that time Mummy had Utterances which supposedly fucked over even Archmages?
Dave stormed in and said "No, that's not how it works."

Not everything is coherent within the Chronicles of Fagness.
Still 100x more coherent than OWoD.
>>
>>54702493
>Still 100x more coherent than OWoD.

Yes. Because anybody that plays classic world of darkness is a god fucking idiot. It's a horrible pile of ass and I don't understand how people can stomach that shit.
>>
File: Dante_WW.gif (34KB, 439x378px) Image search: [Google]
Dante_WW.gif
34KB, 439x378px
>>54702688
Fuck off old faggot and your busted ass piece of shit metaplot and ridiculous Mary Sue OCs.
>>
>>54702774
I'm on your side, you piece of shit.
>>
File: thum_char_view_n_23.jpg (34KB, 480x421px) Image search: [Google]
thum_char_view_n_23.jpg
34KB, 480x421px
>>54702893
Nobody is on my side dumbass I walk alone!
>>
Reminder that while the settings for both OWoD and CofD are fucking awesome, the characters are always fucking terrible.

Metaplot is even worse.
>>
>>54689311
Because Mages aren't as cool as they think they are?
>>
>>54702967
Go fuck yourself
>>
File: forever waiting.jpg (25KB, 336x499px) Image search: [Google]
forever waiting.jpg
25KB, 336x499px
Crossover Chronicles when?
>>
>>54693629
Let's hear it. Anything other than summerfags with what passes as their retarded sense of humour, please - a kick in the bollocks is better than the autistic screeching that passes for conversation around here.
>>
>>54702985
But, Anon. Mages can beat up any other supernatural. That makes them cooler than any of them. Don't you get it?
>>
>>54703024
Why do people hate cross over games again?
>>
>>54693642
yeah.... I don't get it. I don't know who Billy Mage is, and I don't know why you're so sore over selling cheap merch, a practice that dates back to TSR and their now-legendary "wood burning kit".
>>
>>54703046
They only hate crossover because of the M word.
>>
File: mark hamil's autograph.jpg (135KB, 687x960px) Image search: [Google]
mark hamil's autograph.jpg
135KB, 687x960px
>>54694003
>>54693662

Do you remember when the sourcebooks encouraged us to ignore shitty rules in favour of a decent story and mutually enjoyable experience?

Dark Ridge Farm remembers....
>>
>>54703046
Because mages ruin everything.

>"watch as I do the Flash and kill you in the blink of an eye, wizard!"
>"I cast Kinetic Shield!"

>"I am super scary doggo! bork bork bork"
>"Let's see how you deal with gravity, pup"

>"Everything I say is truth, even when I'm lying"
>"lolno Prime"

>"I am an adorable fairy, look at how pretty and gay I am!"
>"I can make you slightly less gay using Fate 4"
>>
>>54703043
Not really. A mage has to have the necessary arcana to combat each splat. Like a life mage wouldn't do shit against a Vampire and shit like Demon destroyers will kill most mages unless they were prepped for killing demons
>>
>>54703106
>A mage has to have the necessary arcana to combat each splat

A common mistake there, friend. Even a Life Mage can fuck with a vampire.
>>
>>54703124
If only because no one is just a life mage. Vampires are distinctly outside the purview of the Life sphere.
>>
>>54703205
>he thinks the mage needs to directly influence the vampire to kill it

:^)
>>
>>54703106
>>54703205
>Mages turns herself into a living cloud of acidic pathogens

Good luck, Mr. Kindred.
>>
>>54703220
Yeah, but then that's just good old fashioned slugging it out. The point being made was that mages don't get to just shut down vampires immediately and ignore them without having the right focus (Matter).
>>
>>54703257
I can think of plenty of ways to shut down Vampires using the Life Arcanum/Sphere, assuming the Thyrsus/Druid is within an area abounding in nature.
>>54703252 raises a good point as well. Life can effectively make the Mage invulnerable to the more physically oriented Vampire.

Some purviews are trickier when facing certain foes, yes, but each and every one of them can fuck their opponents horribly.
Hell, all ten Arcana can deal Aggravated damage.
>>
>>54703124
How you figure I'll wait
>>
There was a thread on how Mages can -at least- evenly match Werewolves in a physical encounter when prepared accordingly.

From this I'm going to assume that a Thyrsus would be more than a match for any single Kindred. Vampires don't even have protection against spirits. Some Arcana they just can't deal with.
>>
>>54703325
Prime alone can create a gun or a flamethrower, or a cruise missile.
>>
How dots in mind would you need to make a mortal suck his own dick until he breaks his back and dies?
>>
File: 1496839745804.png (84KB, 554x460px) Image search: [Google]
1496839745804.png
84KB, 554x460px
>>54703388
>a life mage can match a werewolf physically
>>
>>54703388
>Mages can -at least- evenly match Werewolves in a physical encounter when prepared accordingly.

I'm calling bullshit. Mages cast spells, they don't go mortal combat.
>>
>>54695002
Statblocks? Check out Wraith: the Great War.
>>
>>54703467
Werewolf stat buffs are pretty pathetic compared to life buffs.
>>
>>54703467
>>54703469
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/1043167-can-a-mage-evenly-match-a-werewolf-in-melee-or-hand-to-hand-combat/page4

Scroll down to Pendragon's builds. I'm partial to Iron Man.
>>
>>54696274
It's almost as if the game company was trying to do something interesting and unique... what total bastards. You're right, anon, we must demand the exact same shit every time, surprises and innovation are literally the cancer destroying our hobby. #sarcasm
>>
File: 1368153102323.jpg (79KB, 417x521px) Image search: [Google]
1368153102323.jpg
79KB, 417x521px
>>54696315
mah nigga.
>>
>>54703106
A fresh mummy can wrek any non archmaster mage as well. They use to be able to wrek Archmasters as well until Dave reared his biased head.
>>
>>54703467
Honing the Form to boost attributes.
Transform Life to grant animal traits such as claws, fangs, a tail, tentacles, venom, wall-crawling, etc
Body Control for breathing, initiative, scent control, healing rate enhancement for bashing and lethal
Lure and Repel, to force the Werewolf to leave melee range every turn, resisted by Resolve
Mage Armour to enhance defence and grant enough armour that their attacks are unlikely to hurt

The only problem is dealing enough lethal to let it tick over into Agg every turn, if they go full Garou
>>
>>54696719
I've been feeling a lot better about buying WW products in general since I drank a goblet of virgin's blood, on an ancestor's grave, during a blood moon.

It is very important to de-stress these days.
>>
>>54696739
Well, you could take a leaf out of Deviant before it gets released in early 2039; have the players kidnapped and experimented upon by the aliens, so although they get abilities, they come with a sense of violation.
>>
>>54703540
And that's just Life 3.

With Life 4, you can turn into a size 30 Dragon with almost arbitrary stats, ignoring the inverse-square law of physiology,
>>
>>54703530
The only kind of Mage capable of winning out against a Loud Demon and a Fresh Mummy is a sufficiently prepped Master.

You never want a Mage to know just how you function, or else you're fucked.
>>
>>54696765
>Debbie will be the 14th member of a satanic cult

Satanists are very progressive, aren't they? Women can serve the church, old traditions can be reconsidered and they do what they can to support the RPG industry, modern media and the Catholic Church. Pillars of the community, I say.
>>
>>54703573
That is a blatant lie faggot. You can't turn into a creature that breaks the laws of physics
>>
>>54703530
It wasn't bias, it was legitmate incoherent writing.
He corrected it.

A Master could tackle a Fresh Mummy by the way.
Not that it would be easy.
>>
File: 1500194210528.jpg (62KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1500194210528.jpg
62KB, 680x680px
>>54703605
But a mage being able to unmake any supernatural threat that gets in her way is coherent writing?
>>
>>54703641
Its pretty clear, concise, and well explained. So yes.
>>
>>54703641
That's how the Practice of Unmaking works.
It's all relevant to the lore of the setting.

Masters be scary.
Watch out.
>>
>>54703573
You also need forces and matter since you would be breaking a bunch of physics in order to do such a transformation
>>
>>54703573
Spend a Reach and turn yourself into a swarm of miniature dragons.
>>
>>54697943
Ugh, no.

The "fire resistance" thing seems like a deliberate effort to circumvent one of the major flaws of being a vampire. If you wouldn't allow a discipline that allows sunbathing, you wouldn't allow this.

The Fort vs. Bash example is possibly even worse, because it's augmenting an existing Discipline for the sake of something that applies to one type of damage only.

Inception is supposed to be a way of introducing Disciplines that echo powers vampires had in folklore, not already represented in existing rules. Think things like sucking the life out of plants, walking on walls or ceiling, spreading disease, etc. It's not supposed to be a way to render a thin-blooded invulnerable or mightier than more senior kindred - in fact, it's dangerous as fuck, because Diablerists might want to drain the Thin-Blooded to gain that unique power, or the Tremere might suspect a rogue Thaumaturgist and come knocking for your canines.
>>
>>54703530
As he should have. Archmages are worldly beings. They're leagues above Mummies, freshly awoken or not.
>>
>>54703595
Tell that to the weedy Strength 1 guy punching with Strength 5 without any increase in muscle mass.
>>
>>54698356
>God is omnipotent and omniscient.

And yet, does nothing to stop the Catholic Church from raping children. Or doesn't see it. Or just doesn't care about the innocent.

> I think that affords him the ability to multitask.

Clearly not. Even the creation of the Universe took six entire days.

>Plus the bible clearly states not to have any dealings with demons period.

It also says not to wear mixed fabrics, have contact with women on their period, eat shellfish, work on a Saturday, commit honor killings AND own slaves as long as they're from a neighboring country, period.

You're no different from 2,000 years of Christfags cherry-picking their own dogma to justify stupidity.

> They are pure evil so why would I play a game where I can be one?

The fact that you felt the need to ask that in a thread concerning vampires, werewolves, ghosts, demons and sorcerers, shows that you need to fuck off and play Cluedo.

> Not to mention God is a female which is blasphemous

How? Because it threatens you a woman might be in the top job? Maybe you should sit outside the pearly gates with Lucifer, protesting like a fucking Trump rally.

>LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP

It's no more ridiculous than calling YHWH "He". God should be beyond the concept of gender, but I don't see you complaining about that.
>>
>>54689261
>With path would you willingly Awaken to?
Mastigos
>Which path would you most likely Awaken to?
Obrimos
>>
>>54700614
They just look like a bunch of assholes. Not even their backstories seem particularly interesting - that Iron Fist cunt is just the storyline from Arrow with the costume and bow/arrows taken away.
>>
>>54700657
>Dave was more than likely trolling when said that.
>>why dave

Because they don't care as long as you keep giving them money.
>>
>>54702688
Okay. I enjoy it, and you can't stop me enjoying it. Have a good one, see you next tuesday?
>>
>>54703865
Can you be anymore of a sjw numale fedora tipper?
>>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1feFeYOteCWXdrYWo8_sMFEkQbVvP5CXW3g8_ODhKMNs/edit?usp=sharing

Could use some feed back I think the 3rd Attainment might be a bit too powerful.
>>
>>54703043
>muh Fist of Fury

"Cool" is more than being able to pound ass, if it was then WW would still be printing Street Fighter. No, "cool" also incorporates style. If we look at the other splats, what do we see?

Mummies with stylish lairs laden with ancient artwork; Werewolves with tribal flair and ripped/shredded/pumped/exploded physique; Vampires with sex appeal and snappy dress sense; Changelings with otherworldly, sinister beauty... even Hunter has the rugged, mountaineering types, oozing masculinity and preparedness, beards everywhere.

And then we have *them*. Beast, for whom the poster child is an unwashed, neglected creep. Geist, who near as I can tell work the "homeless schizophrenic chique" as best they can with a head full of voices, and Mages who are... what, exactly? A cheap Ian McKellen impersonator, or whatever the fuck that Obrimos on a unicycle was meant to be? At least the Gay Pride Parade art made those guys look hot, the Kill the Batman art looked like a rejected piece of submitted fan art found in Marvel Comics' basement.
>>
>>54704047
Fuck off vampfag
>>
>>54703060
Really??? And here I was thinking it was because despite a shared setting, not one dev ever co-ordinated with another to create appropriate crosover rules and notes on how different powers interact.... or that it was because different gamelines have wildly different moods and themes and lumping in random Supes didn't do that justice... and here you are, informing me that it's actually because of Machinegun Fellatio. Who knew?
>>
File: vampire larper.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
vampire larper.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
>>54704047
Yeah, vampires have great sex appeal.
>>
>>54703976
Isn't ignoring cover just a basic spell from the Adamantine arrow book?
Breach Point? AA page 181
>>
>>54703453
Approx. two more dots than are needed to hypnotize people into thinking you're funny.
>>
>>54704132
Adamantine Arrow Book? Didn't know there was one in 2E?
>>
>>54704132
So just to confirm it's not OP for an attainment? I mean from your response I'm thinking maybe it should negate death points of ballistic armor?
>>
>>54704156
There isn't, it was a Matter1+death1+space1 Spell in the 1e arrow book. I'm not sure why it wouldn't just fall under 'knowing or compelling'.
>>
>>54704184
Yeah, seems fairly balanced to me.
>>
>>54703976
Added a comment about the 3rd attainment and onwards.
tl;dr Perhaps make Death 3 a damage amplification (Perfecting) effect on your weapons, and Death 4 an intangiblity.

That way at Gnosis 4 you can still deal horrific damage at High Noon.
But at Gnosis 6 you get the "you can't hide" vengeance bit.
>>
>>54703641
>"coherent" writing

Yeah, I'm thinking the same as you, friend. Rich "Dick" Thomas doesn't care about what the devs do, so he lets them run amok, setting up the splat as their own personal fantasy.

Anyone who questions this bullshit in OPP is fired.
Anyone who questions this bullshit on the forums is banned.
Anyone who questions this bullshit on this thread is a "butthurt vampfag".

In short, the idol has feet of clay, and certain fanatics won't let us point that out. Surprise, surprise.
>>
>>54703974
Can you speak a complete sentence without using four echo chamber buzzwords?

But since you asked, sure, I can try harder. Just for you, because YOU asked. If anyone else complains, I'll tell them that YOU wanted it.
>>
>>54703974
Just like the mage fags, fedoratippers are hated for being right all the time.
>>
>>54704219
Each of the attainments is a gunslinger / death reflection of the Atainments from the Brotherhood of the Demon Wind Samurai / Time attainments
>>
>>54704219
Perhaps for the Optional Attainment for the 3rd Attainment, have a Time 3 effect, that when you activate the attainment, you gain the ability to perform bursts with the weapon.

Meaning that you can use your horrifically amplified gun to split your dice pool and shoot multiple people at once. Given the high base damage, that should take pretty much everyone you hit out of the fight.

"It's hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh noon"
>>
File: haters gonna hate.jpg (69KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
haters gonna hate.jpg
69KB, 477x480px
>>54704107
>everyone who disagrees with me is a vampfag

Paranoid as well as overly sensitive about looking like an old hobo? Amusing.

>>54704118
Shall I go looking for pictures of Mage LARPers? :) your sweet tears are ambrosia to me because it proves to me how right I really am.

Here's another thought - what was the first WOD game? Vampire the Masquerade. What was the first Chrod era game? Vampire the Requiem.

It must *really* hurt that the only reason your "powerful" mages got made at all was after Vampires pulled in all the money for those books. Let me just.... mmm... let your butthurt wash over me.... yes.... mmmm..... cry more, I'm so close.... hng....
>>
>>54704483
>>
>>54697943
Honestly? Being a thin blood sucks so very hard that I'd let you do it, with the understanding that if you ever improved your generation you're going to have some real problems with that discipline. Or I'd restrict it, so you were the one and only person who would ever be able to use it. Possibly both. The whole point of the thin bloods is that they're so far removed from Caine that they barely share a breath of his curse - one more step out.
>>
So what happens if a hollow mekhet's Ka is destroyed? Power reserve drained, blasted into oblivion? Do they just lose it forever, no reflection but no more Ka fucking with them?
>>
>>54703469
Mage the Awakening 2.0 is a superhero building system. It really is. People have so many misconceptions about it, for good reasons. It might as well be in its own setting it is so detached from the rest of CofD mechanically/functionally.
>>
File: thinblood.jpg (69KB, 640x680px) Image search: [Google]
thinblood.jpg
69KB, 640x680px
>>54697943
>Considering the EXP cost, would these be reasonable uses of Inception for 15th generations?

It seems like too much of a "circumvent the Curse" path for me. I mean, yeah there are already ways to do that to some degree (Fortitude, thaumaturgy rituals etc) but a big part of the vampiric theme is that you're cursed and that you have some really major weaknesses.

Circumventing those weaknesses too much, even for a thinblood, will harm the game's story and theme even if it's potentially "viable" in terms of a thinblood maybe figuring out a way to do it.

Plus, most Inceptors don't ACTUALLY make new disciplines; most just re-discover lost or nearly-unknown disciplines, which to most vampires will *seem* like something brand new.

We see several examples of this in the Time of Thin Blood supplement for VtM: 2 out of 3 of the "inceptor" disciplines are actually just rediscovered disciplines or thaumaturgical paths, while the last one that is actually original is still severely limited.

Thinbloods making new disciplines sounds scary on paper to an Elder, because the eldest Elders are familiar with the concept of making super-strong disciplines that became their trump cards over the centuries, but any shmuck on the street could tell you that "getting slightly better odds when gambling, but only in certain situations, and never changing things around too much" does not really make for an impressive power.

So, yeah, could a thinblood do it? Potentially. But even if they made a discipline along the lines of "sunbathing for vamps", you'd have to limit it greatly (Far beyond just the "only 3 dots" rule) or add severe drawbacks to make it viable from a gaming perspective.

Otherwise, it'd just detract from the story. And that's a big no-no, in my eyes.
>>
>>54707242
Hey, I really like this new direction you've taken with your trolling. It gives people something to latch onto, you're repeating your message over and over again with a few easy talking points for other and there are a variety of messages for people to use. 7/10! You're almost as good as the guy who drove off the beast fans with the otherkin talking points. I look forward to your next performances.
>>
>>54703546
Justin Achilli's gone, that level of angst is no longer the way of things.
>>
>>54704439
>Shall I go looking for pictures of Mage LARPers? :) your sweet tears are ambrosia to me because it proves to me how right I really am.

Yes. God yes.
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.