[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 32

File: wi1dEPw.jpg (159KB, 912x1193px) Image search: [Google]
wi1dEPw.jpg
159KB, 912x1193px
Previous thread: >>54660012

>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/200664283/chronicles-of-darkness-dark-eras-2
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/the-dog-days-of-august-sorta-monday-meeting-notes/

>5th editons cliffnotes
https://pastebin.com/cp0r59da

>Question
Is DaveB the 12th Exarch?
>>
Dark Eras Kickstarter will end soon :(
>>
File: DaveB.png (4KB, 539x100px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB.png
4KB, 539x100px
>>54674918
Nah, he's an Exarch of Prime, his word is irrefutable Gospel, and his frequent lack of commentary only exists to further propel his followers into feats of desperate prayer, bringing lavish offerings of Komodos to appease his grand desires.

In many ways, he is akin to The Father.
For Faith is the Unbreakable Chain.

As for his Crown Attainment?
The Crown of Komodos granting your dots in Prime to your Gnosis when treated as a resistance attribute. For Mage Supremacy is Truth, and dirty filthy lesser splats should learn their place.
>>
>Satyr Phil Brucato beckons you once more into the Annex of Mage:

In the Monday Meeting notes. CRINGE
>>
>>54675061
Thank god he doesn't do Awakening.
>>
Hey DaveB (and magefags in general), What would be the relationship between the Cult of the Doomsday Clock and the Prince of 100,000 Leaves be like?
>>
>>54675348
First wants to destroy time.
Second is an alternate timeline that wants to take the place of the normal one.

Kinda cross-purposes, though the latter might take advantage of the destructions caused by the former to slip a little more of itself into the holes they leave.
>>
>>54675348
Since both are technically abyss monsters wanting to do nasty shit to the fallen realm i seem them as being enemies.
>>
In Mage's Oneiros, are there Goetia representing your Gnosis and Arcana? From what I understand from reading Astral Realms and 2E core, it's probably the Mage's Daimon, but I'm not sure.

What about Wisdom? Is it represented by Mage's Daimon, is it its own Goetia, or something else altogether? And how pissed would Sophia be at your average Mage, considering general Wisdom failure among the Awakened?
>>
File: 1407099418166.jpg (65KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407099418166.jpg
65KB, 640x480px
Has anyone here adapted Kain for VtM/VtR?

Or as much as you can do that without making the character too OP.
>>
>>54675912
Kain is weaker than the average Vampire elder anon...
>>
>>54675572
There would certainly be Goetia about how the Mage feels about those things, but not an actual representation of the things themselves. I think.

Your Wisdom? Your Wisdom is a part of your.
If you're secretly angry with yourself for your lack of moral fiber then you might find a Goetia of that there.

But there isn't some objectivist Angel sitting on some lonely tree stump in your mind silently fuming about all the souls you've eaten.
>>
http://theonyxpath.com/dhampir-vampire-the-requiem/ Half-Damned got a preview.
>>
In Awakening, any point in getting Prime for the sake of Universal Counterspell only? Wouldn't Mages of higher level would break trough your Gnosis+2 Easily with their more devoted Arcanums?
>>
>>54676924
Dhampir exist in WoD what the fuck? How are they even created?
>>
>>54677321
In 1e there were a Theban ritual that made male vampires fertile, a Cruac ritual that let vampire women be impregnated and a Coil that did it as well. There might have been more, now that I think of it, but since there was stuff about m-preg and lesbians conceiving children I'd rather not look back.
>>
>>54677373

Not him, but aren't vampires basically dead bodies? How does making their bodies fertile for a fleeting burst actually keep the fetus alive given that it needs nourishment?
>>
>>54677418
Blood magic, we gotta explain shit.
>>
>>54677418
The vampire turns the child half dead and sustains it with her own vitae
>>
>>54676924
>>54677321
Damphirs?
Back in my day we just used to call them thin-bloods!
And we killed them on sight!
>>
File: Gauldoth.jpg (62KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
Gauldoth.jpg
62KB, 500x420px
>>54677445

Half dead, you say.
>>
File: 1415990693891.jpg (19KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1415990693891.jpg
19KB, 306x306px
>people actually like and play changeling
For what reason?
>>
>>54677418
It's pretty dumb, yes. At least if the father is a vampire he can just impregnate the woman and leave.
>>
>>54677487
What dont you like about it?

Arcadia and the Hedge are like three times as interesting as most other parts of wod setting, and it rubs off in the rest of changeling.
>>
>>54674918
Yes.
>>
>>54677498
If i recall, in the book it's said to much more common for the father to a vampire, since he only needs to have his body fertile for a day.
>>
>>54677838

>Cis-Hetero Vampire Privilege
>>
>>54671264

Mana addiction, I imagine. It happens to the ones who eat ghosts after all. Stop being able to process vitae after too long drinking transfigured ectoplasm and end up taking up residence in the underworld. I think I saw one that ate spirits, so I imagine the same thing happens for them.

Honestly, underworld living for a vampire probably isn't that bad a deal. No sunlight, for one. Like living in the shadow for a mage. Nobody to see you play silly buggers with things.
>>
>>54675348
>>54675426
One gets around to annihilating time. The other replaces the now smouldering ashes of time with more time. Abyssal time. Everybody wins!
>>
Can someone explain the komodo exarch thing to me? I remember seeing someone claiming DaveB was actually a komodo because he kept biting people a few threads ago, but I've got no fucking idea what's going on.
>>54677487
Because it's a pile of fun, and magical PTSD is even moreso?
>>
>>54678081
Dave just likes Komodo a lot, if i remember right.
>>
File: IMG_0923.png (111KB, 1100x840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0923.png
111KB, 1100x840px
When your WtF game gets a little gay
>>
>>54677487
1e is way more fun and interesting than OW the EDGE Vampire and gay furries yiffing. It's also set in a more comfy/low-power environment than Mage, since Changelings mainly deal with normal magic-society problems instead of esoteric concepts.

Basically it's the best splat for running a traditional urban fantasy campaign, or a modern Arthurian fable.
>>
>>54677217
Prime is a good complimentary Arcanum to have, period. Plus there's the potential for regular counterspelling which is Prime + target spell Arcanum + Gnosis, I believe.
>>
>>54678533

They are my spirit animal.

(Not in a furry way. God. I just like lizards.)
>>
>>54678811
>that rant
I remember when I was in 7th grade.
>>
>>54677217

Platonic Form allows you to be Dr Strange or Green Lantern, summoning equipment bonuses made of magical energy whenever you need.
>>
File: 1501454613101m.jpg (156KB, 736x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501454613101m.jpg
156KB, 736x1024px
>>54676924
Oh great now a reason for eveb more speshul snowflakes edgelord mary sues. Onyx once again tries their hardest to make sure the Mage players won't nothing to do with Vampire the emo cutter
>>
>>54679250
>Platonic Form allows you to be Dr Strange or Green Lantern, summoning equipment bonuses made of magical energy whenever you need.

Only in theory. The Mana cost is prohibitive when each use of the platonic item costs a Mana regardless of the Duration of the spell.
>>
>>54679250
>Platonic Form

If you conjure a platonic key, will that open any lock?
>>
>>54677217
All the other parts aside, you could look at Extemporaneous affinity as a blueprint and talk to your GM about converting that to a counterspelling boost instead.
>>
>>54679279
What if you made it a Praxis or a Rote?
>>
>>54676924
Dhampir are neat, but I don't know if I really like the vampire hunter angle. Seems too much like Blade or something.
>>
>>54679512
'Vampire HUnter D'.

It still looks like an interesting turn. Wonder how their gifts will turn out. Wasn't there a class of ghoul that generated vitae on its own? Probably like that.
>>
>>54679553
They would have to be pretty potent if they let them go up against full vampires with actual Disciplines and win.
>>
File: 1995775-d_anime_designs.jpg (43KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
1995775-d_anime_designs.jpg
43KB, 800x598px
>>54679512
Almost every dhampir in fiction is a Vampire hunter dumbass not just fucking blade
>>
>>54679578
>anime
Don't know about it, don't care about it. Take that weeb shit somewhere else.
>>
>>54679577
Dude Vamps are weak sauce in requiem disciplines or not unless they can outright mind control you it's not hard at all to give them the true death
>>
>>54679577
Chances are they'll be halfies. Get physical intensity and some dodgy discipline knock-offs, maybe some shitty blood sorcery unique to them. Vampires aren't stupidly potent. The correct planning should let a dhampir group off one. It'd be the solo hunters who fly by the seat of their pants who'd be scary. Or dead.
>>
How would you rehash the World of Darkness (specifically CofD) to turn it into a World of Light ?
>>
>>54679630
Spirits are no longer complete and utter fucks. That's the mai nproblem with the WoD - it's an animistic world, and the garbage bag in the alley has a vested interest in rotting there.
>>
>>54679630
Vampirism isn't a curse
Werewolf's actually has a chance of winning their war
Mages/Beasts no longer exist
>>
>>54679480
No, the mana cost is part of the spell casting. TO use it for long, you need more mana. Neither of those mitigate that. Exception being duration for a rote, using reach, but it's only 1 dot extra for you at that level.
>>
>>54679630
Hard to say. How light are we talking? I suppose I would say make the Exarchs nice somehow. I guess make it so that the Gate was the evil and selfish one trying to sunder reality with the Abyss and they had to climb to the Supernal to stop her. I guess their symbols would change too. Eye goes from surveillance to vigilance, or something.
>>
>>54679630
Wouldn't that just be Exalted ?
>>
>>54677321
>Dhampir exist in WoD what the fuck? How are they even created?

Well, in CLASSIC World of Darkness, you've got both dhampirs and dhampyrs.

Dhampirs (with an i) are the offspring of high-generation vampire thinbloods, in other words 14th or 15th generation (and 16th, if we're using Beckett's Jyhad Diary rules).

Because thinbloods barely qualify as vampires (sunlight only does lethal damage, they still breathe automatically and can eat normal food, etc.) the Curse of Caine doesn't have as big of a hold on them. In essence, this means that a thinblood can have sex with a regular mortal, and produce a child from that coupling.

The end result is a dhampir, which is basically a "natural" form of Revenant, in that dhampirs have access to level one disciplines and have a self-sustained bloodpool that they can use.

Dhampyrs (with an y) are really similar, but are instead the result of a union between a Kuei-Jin and a regular mortal. They have access to some of the Kuei-Jin's "disciplines" as well. There's also a LOT more Kuei-Jin halfbreeds than there are Kindred ones.
>>
>>54679729
>Gate was the evil and selfish one trying to sunder reality
NO!! My waifu is pure! Pure!!!
>>
File: GATE.jpg (30KB, 415x650px) Image search: [Google]
GATE.jpg
30KB, 415x650px
>>54679786
Hey, just dedicate yourself to him and she'll be pure to you.
>>
>>54679783
Kuei-jin were a mistake.
>>
>>54679783
Aren't kuei-jin more mortal? All I know about them is the stuff from the video game, and them being able to eat and drink human food.
>>
>>54679718
What if you imbued a Swiss army knife with the spell and enchanted it to hold mana?
>>
>>54679924
Sort of. It depends on the relative strength of their qi. If they're holding too much of yin/yang qi, shit gets weird.

It also gets weird if their permanent stats for hun/po yin/yang get really unbalanced, too. (Thousand whispers is for faggots, inward tempest is bae)
>>54679943
I recommend you read the spell description.
>>
>>54679630
Oracles and Bodhisattvas won. Abyss doesn't exist. The Supernal and Fallen is whole again, but humans have their interests protected by gods which were once humans. Everybody who is worthy can Ascend.
>>
Huh. I just realised that in the Silver Ladder book they accidentally statted out an Archmaster. Oops.
>>
>>54679946
>I recommend you read the spell description.
It doesn't say that you can't do that, just that the Mage has to pay one mana. The mana can't come from the imbued item? Or can imbued items not hold their own mana anymore?
>>
>>54679718
Couldn't you get an exceptional success and just refund all the mana spent in the casting?
>>
>>54680127
>>54680178

I say that because you're asking a lot of questions which seem pretty obvious while answering them yourself. It doesn't seem like you need to ask them.
>>
File: (you).jpg (49KB, 408x260px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
49KB, 408x260px
>>54679602
>calling Vampire Hunter D '''weeb shit'''
>>
>>54679279
He said equipment bonuses. Platonic Form suck as weapon, which you need to use many time, but you literally need to use magical lockpick only once.
>>
Is the Unholy mentioned at all in 2e vampire, outside those throwaways in the corebook?

And when using the Translation Guide - how would you fit the Tremere in to vampire society? An obscure bloodline of occultist breath drinkers who have developed a ritual discipline? A secondary sect?
>>
>>54680316
>how would you fit the Tremere in to vampire society?
Just to be sure - do you mean Lich-Reapers from MtAw, or vampire mage clan from VtM?
>>
>>54680374
Well, the translation guide, so the VtM. It gives a few suggestions, and I'm curious how other people would do it.
>>
>>54680401
Okay. I would make them powerful subsect inside the Circle of Crone. Thaumaturgy becomes Cruac, Tremere and his Circle become unusually smart and lucky Elders.
>>
I think that the past several months have proven one thing conclusively. Mage is not in any way part of the World of Darkness. It is a cloaks and tights superheroes comic book game at its heart, and trying to mix it with the internal consistency of the rest of WoD just brings out how glaringly out of place and awful a mix it is. Sure, it has the trappings of cosmic horror bolted on, but that aspect is so bolted on it could be excised with no one even noticing it was part of the book at all.
>>
>>54680513
Nothing has been proven. That's just your opinion, which you are of course entitled to and its your prerogative to not include Mage in your settings at all. I respect you on a fundamental level as a human being, please have a nice day.
>>
>>54678811
Best reply:

"... shoulder to cry on."

Get use to that. It's all you are ever going to be to her.
>>
>>54679137
1e was for faggots and the teenagers in drama club who hadn't yet come out of the closet to themselves.
>>
>>54680513
Mage is the most dark of all WoD lines, save perhaps Changeling.
>>
>>54679177
Prime should have been a universial tertiary arcanum, not what it is. And DaveB fucking knows it.
>>
>>54680644
Let's leave the player base OUT of this.
>>
>>54680513
This is disturbingly correct

WORD OF GOD
>>54679250
>allows you to be Dr Strange or Green Lantern
>>
>>54680653
DaveB didn't write Prime, he says. It was apparently written by the same guy who wrote Demon's lying powers.
>>
>>54680644
Yeah yeah yeah existential horror blah blah blah. Bullshit.
>>
>>54680712
>>54680513
Really? People aren't talking about mage, so you've got to start your troll engine? Sad, dude.
>>
>>54680644
>Mage is the most dark of all WoD lines
But you can actually ascend reality to stop getting fucked by the exarchs.
>>
>>54680712
>>allows you to be Dr Strange or Green Lantern
Are you really going to take that literally? He just meant that summoning tools is something that they can do, which is what Platonic Form does. It's like taking it seriously when somebody says Celerity allows a vampire to be the Flash.
>>
>>54680653
Prime is universal in some areas. In others areas it's more specific.

The reason why it was so boring previously was because it was 'too' universal, only good when used with other Arcana.

Or in Ascension, where it was flat-out mandatory to have Prime as a Sphere if you wanted to get anywhere.
>>
>>54680761
>It's like taking it seriously when somebody says Celerity allows a vampire to be the Flash.
Mages do it better. so.....
>>
>>54680653
>>54680714

More that we weren't going to change the ten Arcana for a second edition. If we were designing Mage from nothing, who knows?

Back when they were putting 1e together, Malcolm proposed a seven Arcana scheme, I think, which had Prime, Space, and (I think) Fate as template powers. But Bill preferred the 10-setup.

And of course I didn't write Prime. I didn't personally write any of them - I Developed it.
>>
File: AngryDog.jpg (446KB, 843x1034px) Image search: [Google]
AngryDog.jpg
446KB, 843x1034px
>>54680741

>Why isn't anyone taking my game seriously?
I don't know why do you run around in a customs and keep shouting made up nicknames and gibberish?
>>
>>54680755
We don't really know that though, do we? Nobody even knows if the Oracles are real, let alone the state of their existence in relation to the Exarchs.
>>
>>54680799
Daddy, daddy, what do you thing of my drawing?>>54677760
Can you put it on the fridge???? pretty please?
>>
>>54680800
Oh, come on, try harder. I didn't mention my gameline.
>>
>>54680714
Did Dave ever ask his writing buddy whether or not Prime can trump/Clash a Demon's lies? Or cover even?
>>
>>54680832
If he has he hasn't shared the answer yet, although a general agreement was arrived at where a Clash of Wills would be the suitable solution.
>>
>>54680741
>mage
>>54680829
if you're just going to lie
>>
>>54680761
>It's like taking it seriously when somebody says Celerity allows a vampire to be the Flash.

Indeed, to be the Flash requires Time and Forces...

>Superhero Analogy Supremacy
>>
>>54680811
I guess it's like in masquerade where we don't truly know who was the first vampire right :-)
>>
>>54680800
Isn't Vampire the one with silly costumes now? The V5 Elysium wear nonsense?
>>
>>54680862
Having a run at my reading comprehension is a good idea, but unfortunately you'll need to try something that isn't so obviously bullshit.
>>
>>54680885
Are you having fun running around with all these hooks in your mouth? Come on, just ignore him.
>>
>>54680799
So what did you write in the 2e core?
>>
>>54680876
You get bonuses to spell casing if you dress up. so you be a powerplayer but you have to look like a fruit.
>insert gay pride parade pic
>>
>>54680885
>reading comprehension

more your writing, but since you're admitting your handicaps anyways
>>
>>54680909
Man, ignoring them doesn't work. He just replies to himself. I'm kind of hoping he'll get bored, or at least start some quality trolling.
>>
>>54678005
You joke, but that's more or less what they said in the book.
>>
File: 1498233221048.jpg (166KB, 736x951px) Image search: [Google]
1498233221048.jpg
166KB, 736x951px
>>54680919
BEHOLD. FABULOUS.
>>
>>54680919
I don't see costumes as a yantra anywhere in the book. Do you mean the persona one?
>>
>>54680946
We need IDs.
>>
File: magePride.png (513KB, 292x676px) Image search: [Google]
magePride.png
513KB, 292x676px
>>54680919
FEEL THE SUPERNAL TRUTH IN THEIR PECS
>>
>>54680755
It's like saying that you could actually slay all monsters in the World of Darkness - possible just in theory.
>>
>>54681084
Yeah dress up as batman and you can be the super detective and freak evil doors out. But you got to have the cape and bat ears. otherwise it doesn't work
>>
>>54681103
We need people to just post images. Summerfags need to leave. School is back next month all their vacation time is gone so they're sitting on 4chan before the year starts
>>
>>54681178
What bonuses to casting would a Batman persona get you?
>>
>>54681170
Reminder that mages aren't monsters
>>
The Architects of the Monolith as a Ventrue exclusive minor covenant for 2e: good or bad idea?
>>
>>54681242
The Changeling on the Mystagogue's vivisection table would disagree with you.
>>
>>54681240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dghbyBaQyI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B1DeSiVmeI

plus tech stuff. Batman's like a mastros + moros combo
>>
>>54681242
Some of them are.
>>
File: Mysterium.jpg (318KB, 800x1519px) Image search: [Google]
Mysterium.jpg
318KB, 800x1519px
>>54681273

Like this?
>>
>>54681242
Right, because they're far worse.
>>
>>54681242
Daily remaider that mages fucked their line up beyond all repair and continue to deny it.
>>
>>54681298
He would have Life and Mind, definitely, but it's hard to say what Path he would be on. I would say that Mastigos, Moros, and Obrimos all have a case. His Persona yantra would give him bonuses to Unveiling spells and spells like Perfecting the Form, Augment Mind and Enhance Skill.
>>
>>54680799
Does Malcolm really stink as bad in person as people say?
>>
>>54681364
Ascension yeah it's dumpster fire. can't even agree on it's own rules and completely ludicrous game
>>
>>54681364
Awakening is way better than Ascension though.
>>
>>54681410
At least vary the way you type and fuck up your punctuation/capitalisation. It's too easy to spot you.
>>
>>54681404
not obrimos. not his style. His entire villain's cabinet is all nut cases. He doesn't have any forces effects that aren't technicality in nature.

his tech skills makes him fall heavily on matter. and in fact his knowledge of broken people and minds throws him into the death arcane. So he's a Moros that acts very much as a Mastigos
>>
>>54681447
So typing in complete sentences is a rarity on 4chan. Good to know
>>
>>54681416
It is, but mages fucked up the world there even more than in Ascension.
>>
>>54681542
>exarchs were once mages
That is a working theory. Some say the silver ladder was kicked down by the a group of mages after a civil war. They killed the old gods and then became new gods.
>>
>>54681487
You could argue that he has an Obrimos-like philosophy, believing very strongly in order and laws, right and wrong. And how do you explain his perfect batarang throws as not being telekinetic? Although I suppose it could also be Space. His gadgets and computer skills also put him in the Forces camp just as much as they would Matter. Shit, in the Free Council book they basically outline how to have a supercar, and it takes both Forces and Matter.

Death also doesn't really have anything to do with broken people or minds. That would just be Mind, although he would definitely take some dots in Death to have Forensic Gaze, Cold Snap, and Deepen Shadows as Rotes or Praxes.

Anons, we need to stat the Batman.
>>
>>54681699
Can't. Need touhou fag. He managed to stat satan, only he could do it justice.
>>
>>54681583
Exarchs are Ascended beings. Only humans can Ascend.
>>
>>54681699
Death is all about brokenness. decay. you can read people mental defects with death. He's not happy guy. Also parents killed in front of him totaly moros. The guy takes a lot of punishment. but he always finds the villian's weakness just in time

>perfect batarang throws
Very good training. He's a ninja detective. He's not a coach potato. The only super power he has is patience.
>>
>>54681818
>Very good training. He's a ninja detective. He's not a coach potato. The only super power he has is patience.
And really good planning. He's so paranoid
>>
>>54681869
Batman's "planning" and detective work, and very survival against even the likes of superman just scream Fate. Perhaps on a subconscious level, but he's can easily fit as a mage, with a sizeable fate arcanum.

Fate plus time also work on a more conscious level with spiderman's spidey sense
>>
>>54681944
Danger sense it's a merit
>>
>>54681818
>you can read people mental defects with death
Where are you getting this from? Soul Marks? You can read how the soul is afflicted because Death has souls under its purview, not brokenness. And the murder of his parents doesn't guarantee his Awakening as a Moros. He didn't become Batman right after it happened.
>>
>>54682003
Batman is clearly a Beast who's soul was consumed when his parents died. His Lair is the batcave. He feeds on fear of criminals.
>>
>>54681961
Sure. But Spidey spider sense goes a bit beyond that. On one level, against general threats, it is just a tingling, but when the heat gets turned up, it almost acts like a time mage predicting accurately just the right, perhaps even the only moves to make to avoid virtually certain death. It's a pretty keen power.
>>
>>54682022
I'm sorry. No mention of lessons. Clearly not a beast.
>>
File: Bruce_Wayne_(Batman_Beyond).jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce_Wayne_(Batman_Beyond).jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>54681961
Also death related. Sense Death. But really batman is a high tier hunter. with mad cash and an amazing R&D department. In cannon he gets a lot of his gear from the Wayne company. So maybe they also sell gear comparable to Task Force: VALKYRIE equipment
>>
>>54676924
>http://theonyxpath.com/dhampir-vampire-the-requiem
At least we can run these in Dark Ages.
>>
>>54682046
The lesson is "Don't commit crimes if you like your limbs intact and your pants dry".
>>
>>54682046
How is catching criminals not teaching lessons?
>>
>>54682048
They don't sell them, they make them just for him, which means there's a colossal amount of resources dedicated to one guy
In the world of darkness, Batman would have access to stuff even crazier than Valkyrie
He'd probably fund an occult department too
>>
>>54682003
Purview: Darkness, decay, ectoplasm, ghosts, the Underworld,
souls, cold, absence, enervation, endings.

Decay Endings Enervation is also know as brokeness. You're focusing too much on ghost souls angle

>>54682030
being honest. that's just the writers giving him plot armor. and I still hold on to you can make a work around with Death Unveiling. Like what action is going to get me killed today? Fate you get all sorts of goodies. like the lotto numbers and people's lot in life.
>>
>>54682070
have you seen the US correctional department?(I assume gotham is in US) It's a punishment system not an educational system
>>
>>54682170
That's never been how arkham functioned tho.
>>
>>54682206
Arkham is a loony bin with a revolving door policy that lets the joker out every Christmas. I'd hardly call that effective
>>
>>54682225
Yeah, it leave the only lesson as 'don't commit crime or batman will beat you up and then feed you for a few weeks until you commit more crimes'. I don't think beast ever claimed they were /good/ at teaching lessons.
>>
>>54682150
>Decay Endings Enervation is also know as brokeness
They literally are not. Only decay arguably has any connection to brokenness at all, with being broken something that can happen once something decays enough. Either way, Soul Marks doesn't allow you to view Persistent Conditions because of brokenness. It's literally in the name of the spell and in the description of the Arcanum, souls. Mind also allows you to determine mental defects with Mental Scan.

Brokenness arguably goes against the grain for Death as an Arcanum, because according to Moros philosophy it's not a force of destruction but rather a transition into being something else.
>>
>>54682274
>Beast teach shit lessons
>Batman is directly responsible for letting future crimes happen
>The common folk suffer at the hands of more criminals
>Batman gets to jerk off to innocents suffering and the criminal's fear of him
Sounds about par for the course.
>>
>>54682432
Well that's how Beast should be, actually
Monsters who delude themselves into thinking they're doing good, when they just amplify the misery they feed off
>>
>>54681583
>ladder was kicked down
mage is cosmic slapstick
>>
>>54682376
Decay
verb (used without object)
1.to become decomposed; rot: vegetation that was decaying.
2.to decline in excellence, prosperity, health, etc.; deteriorate.
3.Physics. (of a radioactive nucleus) to change spontaneously into one or more different nuclei in a process in which atomic particles, as alpha particles, are emitted from the nucleus, electrons are captured or lost, or fission takes place.

Enervation
verb (used with object), enervated, enervating.
1. to deprive of force or strength; destroy the vigor of; weaken.
Synonyms: enfeeble, debilitate, sap, exhaust.
adjective
2.enervated.

Ending (plural endings)
1.A termination or conclusion.
2. The last part of something.
3. (grammar) The last morpheme of a word, added to some base to make an inflected form (such as -ing in "ending").

Stop thinking so literally and start thinking induction. It's called creative thaumatury for a reason. Arcana overlap all the time. They're suppose to. You can do it with both.
>>
>>54682512
Like I said, literally none of those have any substantial connection to brokenness other than decay, and even then to be decayed doesn't always mean to be broken. I don't see any real basis for brokenness being a purview of Death, especially not in regards to people or in any substantial way that it needs to be differentiated from decay. I'm not even arguing that anything is the exclusive purview of anything or that Arcana can't overlap.
>>
File: AAA_Hunter.jpg (77KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
AAA_Hunter.jpg
77KB, 620x388px
>>54682641
Dude you're unimaginative.
With Death 1 you can tell if someone has cancer. *But that a life thing!* Which Life 1 can do as well.
You can also tell if someone is going through a divorce *But That's Fate or Space!*
I'm not going to tell you you're wrong but you're very clearly not getting the idea of purview. As long as something is Ending Ended or is Decaying Broken you can figure it out with Death
>>
>>54682754
>Dude you're unimaginative.
And you can't read. I just said I'm not arguing that Arcana can't overlap, just that brokenness isn't a purview of death unique or substantial enough to be differentiated from decay, or whatever else. It would be like differentiating pressure from gravity or kinetic energy as a purview of Forces. I'm also arguing that Soul Marks, the spell that allows you to observe souls, let's you determine Persistent Conditions as part of the observation of the soul, not because you're looking at the brokenness of a person. Maybe if it was just about negative Persistent Conditions, but you can also see if a person is Awakened, or possessed, or a supernatural being, etc.
>>
>>54680468
Not in the Lancea Sanctum?
Christian hermetic principals, seals of solomom, the spellcasting stat literally being academics
>>
>>54680632
>t. OW the EDGE vampfag
>>
>>54677217
If you don't have prime, you aren't a mage in it for the long term. Basically mages without prime are hedge wizards at best. Fucking rubes who don't know how their craft works, just that it works.
>>
>>54675004
Were Komodos always venemous, or was the recent discovery a venom in their bite your doing?
>>
>>54682022
This actually fits better than any of this talk of him being a mage.
>>
>>54683286
Found the angry sissy.
>>
>>54682453
That's how Beast actually *is*, it just indulges in deliberate, willful ignorance of that fact.
>>
>>54683350
This only goes for Ascension. You don't need Prime to function in Awakening.
>>
>>54683612
It is weird. Part of the problem with beast is not spelling out that Beasts are in the wrong. But part of it is that since it was made now, instead of 10+ years ago, fans haven't picked it apart, absorbed its setting, and stated within themselves that beasts are delusional.

Like even in this thread, people are defending Mage and saying they actually are monsters because XYZ behavior.

The mage books treat them as heroes, and the bad ones as outliers or stubborn establishment that should be destroyed by said heroic ones.

Beast doesnt get the benefit of that, of the fans spelling out the obvious for it.
>>
>>54683677
this is partially because beast speaks to the current crop of hateful, regressive tumblrites who aren't intelligent enough to realize that it paints people with alternative lifestyles and gender identities as dangerous tricksters at best. it gives them a lens through which they can focus their outrage and self-importance into escapist revenge fantasies against "those eeeeevil patriarchists/white cismale shitlords/etc..."
>>
>>54683677
>The mage books treat them as heroes

You really need to reread Mage 2e.

The Pentacle are assholes, and the Seers are worse, to say nothing of truly terrible mages like the Tremere or Scelesti.

Mages are portrayed as *powerful*, but that's quite a ways from heroic.
>>
>>54683796
Yeah, this is why there is so much beast love and appreciation on tumblr.

Oh wait, there isn't? And that's just a story /wodg/ made up to further justify their beast hate? Who would just do that, go on the internet and tell lies.
>>
>exalted 4 years late
>signs of sorcery nowhere
>Wr20 missing in action
>nothing but pointless Dark Eras shit in the pipeline
>lol but Pugmire delivered exactly on time!

I want off this train.
>>
>>54683985
>Yeah, this is why there is so much beast love and appreciation on tumblr.

yeah there's a few of the tumblrinas who actually see beast for what it is, but there's also plenty who fucking don't. be grateful for the former.
>>
>>54683850
The Free Council is arguably the closest thing to a 'nice' organization among the Wise.
>>
>>54684004
Some dont like it, some do... Huh, how strange.
>>
>>54684043
even the Free Council tends to treat sleepers as archetypes and ideas through which their magic can come rather than as anything approaching equals.
>>
>>54683677
>The mage books treat them as heroes
No, they don't. The Orders have noble mission statements, but this doesn't make their members good guys. A Mystagogue can have complete contempt for the lives of Sleepers and show it and be following the philosophies and beliefs of the Mysterium to the letter. The Adamantine Arrow might strike you as a righteous group of warrior Mages with a taste for self-improvement, but they serve for conflict, not causes. An Arrow could swear an oath to a Mage hellbent on a disastrous war with the Seers and serve him without violating the tenets of his Order at all. And so it is for all the other Orders. You can make a campaign with only minimal Seer or left-handed presence and still have a wealth of evil antagonists just within the Consilium.

To adapt a quote, there's really no such thing as good Mages. Only bad Mages and worse Mages, and which is which depends on who you ask.
>>
>>54684065
You don't have to see someone as equal to be good.

There are superheroes who are literal gods, who openly don't see the people they save as equals.
>>
ITT: magewankers try to argue that mages are both good, and terrible, at the same time.
>>
File: DeadJim.jpg (59KB, 700x530px) Image search: [Google]
DeadJim.jpg
59KB, 700x530px
>>54683052
>Decay is not breaking down things
You can break machines with Death three. stop being this butthurt and just except you can see weak points and brokenness(decaying) with death. You're getting hung up on words choice.
>>
>>54684120
The Free Council doesn't save Sleepers, I believe. They just think they might have some Supernal worth and study their cultures to uncover it. What makes the Free Council seem nice is their democratic structure and their beliefs in equality, although these beliefs aren't really born of morals but rather because they believe that they're rejecting the tyrannical Lie set upon them by the Exarchs by doing away with hierarchical structures. The only Order really intent on helping Sleepers is the Silver Ladder.
>>
>>54684251
If you're just treating brokenness as a synonym for decay, then what's to argue about?
>>
>>54684270
Also remember, that the Free Council has no overriding respect for rights, meaning they can be just as despotic as any other group, so long as the majority of voters agree.
>>
>>54683612
>>54683677
The biggest problem is how much the core attempts to gaslights the reader. It's too much justification, which is a direct backlash the leaked beta and people finding the fails in logic. instead of smiling smugging and nodding their heads about how well they've crafted this ambiguous 'evil' PC splat and NPC counter splat. They panicked over the reception and wrenched their necks. they could have show the reader both the good and the bad. But they decided to bleach their PCs and dump their villains and what we're left with is a mildly insulting game.
>>
>>54684303
I have no idea that anon is talking about how death can't be used to see cancer or madness which is a very real application of the arcana.
>>
>>54684409
When did anybody ever say that? I never said it, or anything like it.
>>
File: BackPeddling.jpg (38KB, 600x246px) Image search: [Google]
BackPeddling.jpg
38KB, 600x246px
>>54684558
If you're going to backpedal at least do it right by atleast calling some one a vampfag
>>
>>54684653
Seriously, point to where I said it. Because I never did.
>>
File: GM.png (189KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
GM.png
189KB, 480x360px
You guys are obviously gay for each other

Just fuck already
>>
File: Why.jpg (61KB, 895x944px) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
61KB, 895x944px
>>54682376
>doesn't allow you to view Persistent Conditions because of brokenness. It's literally in the name of the spell and in the description of the Arcanum, souls. Mind also allows you to determine mental defects with Mental Scan.
>Brokenness arguably goes against the grain for Death
>>54684672
Please stop you're hurting yourself. and I don't want dumb on me
>>
>>54684744
All I said was that you could see Persistent Conditions as part of the observation of the soul, not because you were looking directly at the brokenness of a person. As in, yes you can see Persistent Conditions, aka madness. If you read the spell description this is apparent, because you can determine a lot of things aside from their mental state. I then said Mind ALSO allows you to determine mental defects with Mental Scan, which it does. And brokenness, as in things being totally broken and not just used as a synonym for decay, could be argued as going against the Moros philosophy of death as a transitive state.

This is used as a meme rebuttal a lot but you actually do have terrible reading comprehension. Either that or you're trolling. I never said Arcana don't overlap. I never said you can't see cancer or madness, and I never said decay wasn't a purview of Death.
>>
>>54682512
Precisely! The superpowers system does everything. I was made to do so. Just think of an end result, some weak semantics, and yell "CREATIVE THAUMATURGY!" up to three times in a row, waiting a few seconds each time to see if your storyteller finally submits.
>>
>>54683634
So you make your Awakening characters hedge wizards. Sad.
>>
>>54683850
Right, every superhero needs an arch nemesis.
>>
>>54683986
What the fuck is Pugmire? It might have been delivered but it sure as hell has not been successfully promoted.
>>
>>54684043
It's only painted as such because Malcolm sees Antifa and other socialist groups in a deeply sympathetic light.
>>
>>54685444
>he thinks prime is a good Arcanum

:^)
>>
>>54684115
Oh really? Because it sounds like you're reading headcanon there, not the image the books present.
>>
>>54684343
It's pure justification. The beasts are presented in an incredibly sympathetic spotlight, the "heroes" as almost exemplars of the standard "intolerant/cis/christian/white/patriarchy".

I mean I'm surprised my optic nerves held my eyes fast to my head they were rolling so hard at the evil old church lady hero who went into pogrom mode on the beasts when she found out her "son" had a "secret". And of course that's the tip of the iceberg of how eyerolling bad even that one example was. Every sentence it just... got.. more... eye-rollingly... pathetic.
>>
>>54685507
Hey, it's not one to bury yourself in, but it is incredibly useful.
>>
>>54685510
I literally have 2e open in a reader right now, and I double checked my statements. Feel free to point out how I'm wrong or if I'm misinterpreting anything.
>>
>>54685507
All the Arcana are good. There's not a single useless or redundant one.
>>
>>54685612
Maybe some quotes to prove your point first?
>>
atama got temp banned from the forums
>>
>>54685646
for wut
>>
>>54685609
It is useful, but it's not mandatory in Awakening.

This isn't Ascension.
>>
>>54685667

being one of the pro-David Hill counter-revolutionaries
>>
>>54685689
Link? Was their railing on the devs? Did they delete it? I love when people are mean to Rich
>>
>>54685629
Life and matter are pretty useless. Prime is literally only good for counterspell
>>
>>54685724

I got a one week temp ban for being vaguely disruptive. I didn't think I was, but so be it.
>>
>>54685634
No no, he said he has the book open, in front of him. I'm sure that's proof to him.
>>
>>54685672
Like there's any Arcana that's useless. Learn 2 Awakening, pleb.
>>
>>54685788
I'm actually agreeing with you. I'm not the pleb here.
>>
>>54685744
>Life and matter are pretty useless
Are you literally braindead?
>>
>>54685744
Life lets you get a big dick, so it must be good.
>>
>>54685807
>>54685849
Life is pretty useless since a Mage should never get injured because of how powerful shields and mage armor is. And what's the point of matter when you have forces?
>>
>>54685876
>thinks life is all about the body
You really -are- braindead

>thinks forces is matter
I just can't fathom you
>>
>>54685634
p.45, on the Mysterium:
"The Mysterium as an Order cares the least about Sleepers —
the very worst anti-Sleeper bigots and abusers in the Pentacle
are proud Mystagogues, blaming innocent Sleepers for magic’s
rarity. Many in the Order would prioritize a Mystery over the
lives of Sleeper bystanders threatening it with dissonance, and a
few radical Mystagogues take magic’s protection into their own
hands, murdering Sleepers who pose a threat."

They have no philosophies in favor of Sleepers, or rules against harming them beyond Consilium laws that they have to follow. Or rather, avoid being caught not following.

p.37, on the Adamantine Arrow, under a bit called "Service is Mastery":
"Control only ever extends as far as the self — your nature and
soul are the only things truly yours and yours alone. Honest
service lies not in becoming the power behind the throne, but
in limiting one’s ambition, pride, and guilt as external factors in
one’s control. Until the Arrow sets aside his desires for another’s,
all of his high ideals are mere justifications for his own actions.
Once he abandons his selfishness, he understands his place in
the universe, serving the Supernal as well as himself."

A fancy way of saying to obey and follow. There's another section as well, detailing that Arrows rarely hold leadership positions in the Consilium. They seek conflict to perfect the self, and an unwise war is as valid a conflict to some as struggling to maintain peace would be to others. Neither goes against their philosophies, as both are conflicts and both are actions that could be justified as necessary to protect the Pentacle.

So are you going to back up the "Mages are heroes" claim with evidence now?
>>
Hey Legacy anon, do the Scions of God pretty please.
>>
>>54685876
>not using Life to become a sentient virus that kills the gays.
>>
>>54685915
This was an incredibly stupid argument but I'm glad it happened.
>>
Is there a 'dot average' for mages?
>>
>>54686017
Am I the stupid one?
>>
>>54686034
>Is there a 'dot average' for mages?

There is no "average" anything for mages.

They don't necessarily have to have the highest ratings in everything, but their individual abilities and specialities are so potentially diverse as to follow few rules or patterns.
>>
>>54686034
>>54685911
Wowee I can become a real life furry! Fuck off life is garbage
>>
>>54685744
>Life and matter are pretty useless

What the heck are you smoking?

Matter is one of the most versatile and useful Arcana. There's little you cannot do with it with a little imagination.
>>
>>54686034
Disciple, probably.
>>
I'm confused on Ward (Space 2)

Does this prevent anything from moving?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
>>54686135
>>54685876

Nigga what?
>>
>>54686228
Some of the faggots in the CofD Discord would probably argue such a thing is possible, but no.
It just stops any power that warps space from operating.
So no teleporting, no creating space bubbles, no bending space or warping vectors, etc.
>>
>>54674918
Is OP from Dresden Files?
Which novel? He still has Hellfire, but is facing outsiders.
>>
>>54686163
/tg/ doesn't have imagination, they have a big pile of books that they can autistically pull out and screech at you with.
>>
>>54686228
No, that would be Ban. Ward basically just locks an area down so that another Space mage can't get all up in your business. It can be combined with the other Arcana to get different effects. Add Death to keep ghosts out, add Spirit to keep spirits out, add Mind to send you a mental alert when somebody enters it, etc.
>>
>>54686264
I think the Magefags might have figured out that the Shielding Practice is now the new best method of griefing crossover discussions.
>>
>>54686322
Isn't that a bit overpowered? If I mixed Ward with Death, wouldn't that prevent Vampires from going anywhere? What if I trapped them outside until the sun hits dawn?
>>
>>54686275
I don't think it's official art. It also might not be Hellfire, but the artist getting his staff and blasting rod mixed up.
>>
>>54686344
I'm not sure if it would work like that, but it's a moot point because with Space 3 and Forces 2, plus a bit of Reach to up the duration, you could definitely trap them in a Ban modified to let sunlight in.
>>
>>54686344
Mage is a game about being overpowered. Becoming comfortable in your overpoweredness and then shitting yourself when Hastur shows up and spray paints murder signs all over your dick.
>>
File: Richter_Belmont-2.jpg (195KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Richter_Belmont-2.jpg
195KB, 600x800px
What splat allows to play as a human blessed by God to slay Vampires with a consecrated whip containing the soul of a vengeful vampire?
>>
>>54686413

I think you're confusing /wodg/ with the GURPS thread.
>>
>>54686344
The same thing that would happen if they were outside at that time, anyways.

The splats aren't balanced against each other, by design.
It's not overpowered in the same way that a man trapping a mosquito in a cup is not overpowered, because they're on completely different levels.
>>
>>54686413
Hunter
>>
>>54686344
>Low dot Mage spells
>Isn't that a bit overpowered?

You clearly haven't been paying attention.

There is no "game balance" or artificial limitations on the Practices and Arcana in Mage 2e. We went through this the last couple of days with Forces 2 Kinetic Shield and Space is similarly useful at low levels.
>>
>>54686413
>blessed by God to slay Vampires with a consecrated whip containing the soul of a vengeful vampire?

Silly Anon, vampires don't have real souls.
>>
File: DaveB - Gravity Control.png (12KB, 610x161px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB - Gravity Control.png
12KB, 610x161px
>>54686331
>I think the Magefags might have figured out that the Shielding Practice is now the new best method of griefing crossover discussions.

>Well, maybe second to gravity control powers
>>
File: cv-sotn-richter-close.jpg (984KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cv-sotn-richter-close.jpg
984KB, 1000x1000px
>>54686413
Why is this man so sexy even if he is the worst Belmondo?
>>
How rare are Legacy founders? Is it hard to do lorewise?
>>
>>54686575
Because the Japanese love making their fictional characters look pristine.
>>
>>54686524
>Shielding Forces
>I am now unaffected by gravity
>I can fly!
>>
>>54686633
Yes yes yes, we all know the joke.
>>
>>54686612
>Is it hard to do lorewise?
2e p.197
"Your mage might be able to develop her own Legacy at Gnosis
3 or greater. You must expend one Arcane Experience to complete
the process after designing the Legacy with your Storyteller. This
is, however, the least common way to join a Legacy for the simple
reason that most mages aren’t up to the task — anyone can join
a Legacy, but few can found them. There’s no hard and fast rule
restricting who can found a Legacy. It rests entirely on what the
troupe feels comfortable with. Know, however, that a cabal of mages
who have each founded their own Legacies would achieve legendary
status and an inconvenient degree of attention."
>>
>>54686695
So it's hard but it isn't hard all at once. Even a newbie could do it.
>>
Got a question for my fellow Magefags. What was tge most fucked up thing you've done that caused you to lose wisdom?

Example
>Play a Mastigos Doctor for about 2 years weekly with occasional timeskips.
>Have become a Master of Mind and pretty high up there in Life at the cost of losing A LOT of wisdom.
> My increasingly amoral acts start to be a matter of concern for my peers.
>"Anon, as the leader of your cabal I'm worried about you. I want you to try and create a connection with a mortal, it might be good for you, keep you grounded".
>"ok boss, I'll get right on that."
>Turns out when you have a superiority complex and the megalomania derangement this is easier said than done.
>Come up with great Idea
>The only person I truely love in life is Me... so what if I made another me that I could love.
>Find coma patient in my hospital
>No family... perfect
>Proceed to use Mind to create a perfectly replica of my personality and use it to consume what was left of the vegetable persons brain.
>Use Life to get those physical neurons pumping again
>Introduce my new girlfriend to Cabal
>Get kicked out of Cabal...
>>
>>54686774
I subjected a few hundred thousand people to Quiescence in order to break a singular spell.

Inadvertently summoning the Prince of 100,000 leaves in the process.
>>
>>54686774
This is actually really funny
>>
>>54686774
Should have just found your waifu in the Astral
>>
>>54686813
That's not how you summon the Prince
>>
>>54686728
Gnosis 3 isn't really newbie. While you can have it right out of character creation, it would cost you all of your merit points. Gnosis 5 is when you can become a Master, for reference.
>>
>>54686728
It's mechanically simple but creating a legacy is a pretty extreme thing to do. You need a very well thought out spiritual outlook on life that is pervasive in everything about You and Your magic.

Additionally you're giving a big "fuck you" to all the established legacies in your local consilli saying none of them were worth your time.

And finally you are going to have none of the support and resource network that comes with being in a legacy.
>>
>>54686851
Eh, it was the GM's decision.
I kinda subjected an alternate history spell for the entirety of Rochester to Quiescence by dispelling the mind-affecting spell that caused people to not think about or realise any inconsistencies with the timeline.
>>
>>54686413
>OWoD
Anything related to Hunter: The Reckoning
Hunters Hunted, Look into the Society of Leopold and anything related to True Faith
Mage:The Ascension, the Celestial Chorus has got you covered.
>Chronicles of Darkness
Hunter: the Vigil, Look into Malleus Maleficarum, the Knights of Saint George and the Knights of Saint Adrian Or so it would seem
>>
>>54687236
Forgot to add, the Obrimos of Mage: The Awakening tend to be more religious.
>>
>>54681699
Did someone say character sheet for Batman?

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/349384-think-of-fictional-characters-and-say-what-they-would-be-in-cofd?p=920967#post920967
>>
>>54683227
Nah, as I remember, Order of Hermes is pretty far from Christianity.
>>
>>54687586
Hermetic magic is heavily religious, anon. Be it Abrahamic or more pagan. They deal in reverence more so than faith.
>>
So what happens in werewolf 'society' if a ghost wolf survives long enough to gain some age and renown? A thirty year veteran or something who stays that way because he thinks the tribes are shams or arseholes, maybe manages a patch of territory?

Do the locals just keep sneering at him for being tribeless? Does he actually gain a measure of respect?
>>
>>54688521
They have a mechanic for that man, it's called Renown.
>>
>>54688550
>age and renown
Yeah, but werewolf politics are pretty heavily based around tribes and the like. Someone who isn't a tribal doesn't come with the same level of "We act like you're a human being'. Werewolf. Same thing.
>>
Are Mages well known within the supernatural community? If so, are they as feared as the magefags claim? It was my understanding that they're relatively rare and most underestimate them, usually to lethal ends.
>>
>>54687586
They interpret spirits as Angels and Demons
>>
>>54688638
The 1e vampire splatbooks have blurbs on what each covenant thinks of other supernatural types; and there's some parts like that in the werewolf books. I'd guess they come up in the same way local folklore does - "Yeah, that dickhead down the street is probably a wizard, because he keeps turning up and barry ate his face last week and he's still here. Also he set fire to barry."
>>
So do supernatural merits in GMC just not get affected by doubting thomas' or random mortal witnesses? You can go electrocute your neighbour until the local neighbourhood watch comes and electrocutes you, no mystic consequences?
>>
>>54688638
As >>54688732 noted most other Templates decide not to get involved with the Wise.
The Ventrue flat-out advise not to use the Disciplines against them, as the repercussions could potentially be "terrible".

Likewise, they're still arrogant enough to consider them 'human'.
>>
>>54688638
Yes and not really. Mages tend to be the guys you hire to investigate something supernatural and weird you need to know about if you think the risk of them getting interested in you is worth it. They're *nosy* and intrustive, not existential threats.

Well, except for Demon, for whom supernatural investigators *are* an existential threat. But for a vampire who needs a Strix found pronto, or a werewolf Pack trying to figure out a Magath's ban, what's to lose?
>>
>>54688748
What? Where? The splatbook for Invictus says "Deal with them in the smallest possible units" not "DISCIPLINES WILL BRING DOWN RUIN". Give me a book and page reference, please.
>>
>>54688771
CofD, of course.

WoD, I can't remember. You think most supernatural beings would associate mages with the Technocracy rather than the Traditions.
>>
>>54688638
Any supernatural or any schlub with couple dots in occult is probably aware of the existence of mages and the orders to some degree. The reality is probably different than what they think but that's universal for every splat.

I wouldn't say other supernaturals are afraid of Mages as much as they are wary of them.n I mean there are badass people in the real world that could kill me before I even knew I was in danger but that doesn't stop me from going about my day.
>>
>>54688773
It would be under the Venture stereotypes in the Requiem 1e core.
>>
>>54688773
I think he means WoD Ventue, not CofD Ventrue.

The only times mages have turned up in Requiem fiction, they've died or run away during the story.
>>
>>54686344
I mean, werewolves have a ritual (which dont have dot values anymore) to just ward out all of X group.

It is just a magical sort of thing.
>>
>>54688796
I stand corrected!

Huh. That would have been written two years before Awakening 1e. Like the mysterious cartomancer in the Wod 1e rulebook, you can probably discount it.
>>
File: The Pack - p53 - Mages.png (45KB, 414x279px) Image search: [Google]
The Pack - p53 - Mages.png
45KB, 414x279px
>>54688771
>a werewolf Pack trying to figure out a Magath's ban, what's to lose?

According to The Pack, meddling with wizards may result in anything from gaining one of the best allies imaginable to experiencing a fate worse than death.

>Is being an weapons-grade douche considered an advantage or disadvantage of part of the mage template?
>>
>>54688771
Dave, do mages exist in the alternative timeline that is the Prince of 100,000 Leaves?
>>
>>54688798
And the Purified have their Warding Siddhi, which is actually one of the better things they have access to.

Poor bastards.
>>
>tfw the one person who would buy Mummy 2e is dead
>>
File: 1501076310687.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1501076310687.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>54688795
This. Mages are out of sight, out of mind until you hear about one being nearby. Then pic related.
>>
Are Abyssal entities like resistant to magic? What makes them more threatening or dangerous than any other supernatural oddity?
>>
>>54688807
>Is being an weapons-grade douche considered an advantage or disadvantage of part of the mage template?

I'd say it's more of a "feature," good for the mage in some cases, very bad in others.
>>
>>54688804
>cartomancer

Who?
>>
>"Lupines: You can no more rule their kingdoms than you can
rule a wildfire. Treat them with care — or avoid them if you
want to see another night.
Mages: Do not try to understand their powers. You cannot.
Do not use your powers upon them. Their revenge, should you
fail, will be terrible. Their fears and desires, however, remain
human — and so you can bend them to your will."

Whaddaya know.
>>
>>54688832
They have abyssal in their name, so they possess the power of edge.
>>
So do mysteries just sort of sit there, waiting for a mage to come along? Or is the revelation/scrutiny thing just shorthand and a gameplay mechanic for stationary weird shit/mobile weirdness? Like, that weird kid down the street is a mystery in that he's actually a changeling and you subjecting him to scrutiny is accidentally tearing up all the layers of protection he put up to protect himself from his memories of Arcadia to satisfy your curiousity? Or does the mage just find a big ball of 'what' on a street corner one day and stares at the invisible ball until he puzzles it out?
>>
File: Demon Mage Surprise.png (189KB, 426x926px) Image search: [Google]
Demon Mage Surprise.png
189KB, 426x926px
>>54688771
>Well, except for Demon, for whom supernatural investigators *are* an existential threat.

Demons aren't too fond of mages either according to The Demon Storyteller's Guide.

Do any other supernatural actually like or trust mages?
>>
>>54688896
Nah, Focused Mage Sight is basically just looking really, really hard.
>>
>>54688917
I always thought Mages and Demons would get along like bros.
>>
>>54686344
BAN not ward, Ward just stops space magic being used on the warded thing.

Ban on its own stops everything entering or leaaving the area, you add death to allow just death to enter or leave on its own
>>
>>54688927
>I always thought Mages and Demons would get along like bros.

What? They are two of the most powerful, secretive and utterly paranoid groups in the CofD. If a member of one group gets too nosy about the other, what could possibly go wrong...?
>>
>>54688917
Why would *any* of them trust each other? Especially Mummies/Mages/Demons?. They're not perfectly mutually contradictory goals, but they're close. One wants to know. One wants nobody else to know. Another wants to find X and go back to bed.
>>
>>54688896
All of the above, and more. Mages are obsessed with weird shit they can't easily figure out with a simple glance. Thankfully, they live in the world of darkness.
>>
>>54688976

Mummies should get along splendidly with vampires. Plop one down as the head of your Cult and hope for the best.
>>
>>54688993
the best being that it completely controls your cult the next time you wake up via a blood bond?

Yeh get fucked
>>
File: 1357364758373.jpg (63KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1357364758373.jpg
63KB, 426x240px
DaveB is here!?
>>
>>54689019
Maybe he'll answer what "supernal sponsors" of the other splats meant in the IM book!
>>
>>54688838
>>54688857
>Mages: Do not try to understand their powers. You cannot.
>Do not use your powers upon them. Their revenge, should you fail, will be terrible.

I'm definitely getting a potential "fate worse than death" vibe from other supernaturals when dealing with the Wise.

Asking for help from a true wizard appears to be a very high risk, high reward scenario. You ask your local mage for assistance only after you've thoroughly exhausted all other options.

How do lesser templates like psychics and mortal occultists and cultists view the Awakened when other the A-list supernatural are hesitant?
>>
>>54689019
You just missed him.
>>
>>54689043
Seems pretty obvious it means either Archmasters, Exarchs, Ochemata or Supernal Gods who hold an interest in maintaining the existence of various Supernatural groups in the Phenomenal World.
>>
File: 1356837483944.jpg (364KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1356837483944.jpg
364KB, 800x533px
>>54689061
Noooooooooooooooooo
>>
>>54689055
One clan's view isn't everyone's view.

Well, the Purified are the a-list 'lesser' splat, and they basically view them as 'oh fuck, cheese it' or 'Quick, bargain for an essence reservoir. Then run.' because of the ease with which they can be trapped out of their body.

Mortal psychics and occultists have some merits (in second sight) that let them run across awakened magic, and the suggested reaction is "oh dear" because it's like wielding a sword made of copper your entire life and then finding a Kodiak Heavy Gear on your doorstep with a minigun aimed at your face.
>>
File: Kodiak.jpg (121KB, 550x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kodiak.jpg
121KB, 550x720px
>>54689099
Forgot my picture. Probably make a solid secondary form for the Austere. If you had some weird, /d/ grade fetishes you could probably hock yourself to Taskforce Valkyrie as a 'sapient' battlesuit.
>>
>>54688927
Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>54689261
>>
File: DaveB MagesSleepwalkersDresden.png (40KB, 1179x347px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB MagesSleepwalkersDresden.png
40KB, 1179x347px
>>54689055
>How do lesser templates like psychics and mortal occultists and cultists view the Awakened when other the A-list supernatural are hesitant?

Mages make them very, very nervous

>More Dave wisdom
>>
I know Mages, Changelings, Demons and Werewolves can make fetishes and other custom magical items, but can Vampires make some ?
I remember some extremely specific rituals that allowed to store vitae in items, but I can't seem to find anything about the crafting of tailor-made magic items for Vampires
>>
>>54689061
>>54689095
>DaveB
>You just missed him.

Dammit, I'm never around when Dave answers questions.

Dave and his UK time are really inconvenient.
>>
Mummies.

What even is the average campaign for a mummy game? Between scanning the book and people talking about it, I thought it was like 'you wake up super powerful and get weaker if you stick around after your job is done'.

But people talk about cults, and waking up when it isn't a turn, and etc etc. So what the heck?

Sell me on mummy I guess.
>>
>>54689852
Mummies are kinda gay
>>
>>54689852
Seconding this
Their lore and system looks fascinating, but I can't figure what to actually play with it
>>
>>54690003
I keep getting a prommie vibe from it. In that it is probably real good if not better to play solo.

Or do their pyramid design campaign I heard about, where one person is the mummy and everyone else plays important people in the cult.
>>
>>54690107
>pyramid design campaign
Sounds neat
Is this a published book or fan material ?

I was thinking the same about solo games, but the inversed power progression could lend itself to a specific type of play where a DM starts out by having independent scenarii for each player, solo, when their mummies start out, and as they lose power, have them band together and join forces
If you could weave a metaplot into each solo games and make it all come together in the last, low-powered games, with each player holding the answer to part of the riddle from their separate games, that would be awesome
Very intensive for the GM but oh god, the possibilities ...
>>
>>54685915
In the first case your conclusion does not follow from the text quoted, and in the latter, you are clearly spinning what is written in the most negative way possible.
>>
>>54686116
It's nWoD 2.0, they have the same dots as every other splat, same starting base, same experience costs.
>>
>>54686279
/tg/ Magefags don't play the game. I thought that's been long established as a given.
>>
>>54689852
You've got a primary mission. Fetch the mcguffin. Do the thing. Eat the face. Whatever.

You've got a limited time period for your character around that to pursue their own secondary goals, transforming from frantic activity to slow, measured plotting over time. Despite superficial similarities, there isn't much overlap with vampire - you're not trying to ward off the Beast, you're trying to connect with this fleeting iteration of humanity while searching for yourself, and whatever else it is you want/need.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.