[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40kg/ - 40k General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 563
Thread images: 89

File: 20161216_191257.jpg (106KB, 640x489px) Image search: [Google]
20161216_191257.jpg
106KB, 640x489px
>Iron Warriors Legion Focus, Ironlets on Suicide Watch edition
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/01/legion-focus-iron-warriors-aug-1gw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign: Its nearly over for Planet 1. Better luck next time Chaos!
https://konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
https://warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
https://mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
https://mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-Anon doing Abaddon's work)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: 20170530_205207.jpg (892KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170530_205207.jpg
892KB, 2560x1536px
>>54653522
Ah there's your problem. Take it from a templar player. Either layer your way up to light grey, or prime the pauldrons separately. As for the eyes, Paint white line in the center, put thin glaze of red over, repeat until satisfied.
>>
File: 20170802_011434.jpg (3MB, 4640x2610px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_011434.jpg
3MB, 4640x2610px
Anon from last thread painting his first army. Here's a pic of my first dudeman. Should I just smoke crack instead of painting?
>>
File: konor.jpg (76KB, 355x543px) Image search: [Google]
konor.jpg
76KB, 355x543px
>>
So as suspected, the Iron Warriors are just literal copies of the Imperial Fists
>>
5th for 8 hellstrikes per turn
>>
>>54653666
they are basically two sides of the same coin, I don't see what the big deal is.
>>
>>54653646
Looks good for your first time. As I said in >>54653643
Building up to a light grey is your best bet, just painting white ends up as a pain in the ass. And as for the question about crack, remember NOT. EVEN. ONCE
>>
>>54653585
>>54653646

Ok. As a tutor, stop calling your doings bad. It creates a negative stigma and generally prevents yourself from getting better. I can't tell you how many teens I've had to verbally smack because they kept telling themselves they were bad at math.

Now, that's actually not bad. The biggest issue, as I pointed out above, is that you should never paint pure white. Go grey and work up. The lighting is weird, but a few highlights on the black with greys won't hurt. The sword looks a little thicc and needs a brighter highlight (yes, even metals need a highlight, even if it's just a thin gloss of a brighter metallic).
>>
>>54653683
The sheer unoriginality
And such a shift from what they had in Traitor Legions, which was 6+ FNP (Ironically ANOTHER Chapter's trait copied)
>>
>>54653646

Highlight your black with gray, and don't paint flat white, paint light gray instead and work your way up to white.

Watch Duncan's tutorials on the WarhammerTV channel on Youtube. He's pretty good at explaining how to do complicated shit to people.

Watch a few videos and give it another shot and I'm betting you'll see some decent improvement already.
>>
>>54653666
Atleast you get something that can be useful to actually kill things.
I'm so fucking mad about this release, its like GW is shitting in the face of non god aligned legion players again.

>no new models
>Word Bearers trait is to reroll morale checks

Seriously wtf, how could anyone think that its fine if some become for example realy good at CC and then give other legions such bullshit.

>possessed get 1 more wound

and they are still shit.

Nurgle daemons and Nids are the last hope for me or I'll have to play AoS until 9th edition.
>>
>>54653627
So, I'm thinking of starting uo a new army, and I think I've settled on playing Imperial guard. I've always had a like for the buggers, and now seemed like the opertune time to start up a forcs of them.

So far, I have:
1 Tempestor Prime
15 Scions
10 Veterans(converted from Admech)
1 metal Catachan squad

Now, the only problem I have now, is that I have no clue where to go from here, and I am most certainly not a fan of the generic Cadian sculpts.

So now, that's where you come in /tg/! I want your advice on both counts as mini's and what to buy next.

Now, I will admit, I love myself some Dakka, and I love really intense close range shooting. Scions are a favorite of mine, as I love their deep strike ability and how many high ap shots they can put out. I'm not too much of a tread head, but I do love me some artillery!

Now, as for mini's, all I know about are Mantics, Victoria's and a few other companies. So I'm all ears for suggestions!
>>
File: IF paint scheme.png (791KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IF paint scheme.png
791KB, 640x1136px
>>>54653480
>>54653646

I've found it helps to keep fiddly bits on the sprue or clipped and temporarily glued/blue stuffed to another surface, like a piece of cardboard

It makes doing trim a lot easier when you don't have to worry about getting paint on other parts of the model

And a good trick is to try to move your brush hand as little as possible while rotating the model, it can preserve the best angle if you get it right

There are a few tricks to get things done quick and dirty; Wash, dry bush, edge highlight

Washes are your friend even if its just on metals or in recesses, but you can do all over. I used to paint plague marines green over a brown basecoat, then give them a red wash + an off white dry blush and they turned out with this disgusting, green/brown armour shade that went to red in the recess and had an overall kind of waxy look to them. Perfect.

As an example of how why you do this and how good it can look refer to pick related. See how something as simple as one wash can make the detail start to pop.

Other than that the best I can tell you is think your paints, keep your hands steady and drink your paint water when you're done, it's how Duncan gains his powers
>>
>>54653717
Just use daemons and cult units. They are what makes your army more than just worse space marines. Hell, your summoning possibilities are terrifying
>>
>>54653717

Night lords are right there, too. At least yours has the potential to be useful.
>>
>>54653717

>and they are still shit

They're cheaper than chosen, get S5 power weapons, 2 attacks on average, an invul and now they're tanky too. They might not be shit anymore m8
>>
File: fuckfizzy.png (669KB, 573x725px) Image search: [Google]
fuckfizzy.png
669KB, 573x725px
Yo, whoever's at the Fizzy Shop: fuck you. Love, the Imperium.
>>
>>54653646

Here

https://youtu.be/hRR7W5-F15c
>>
>>54653664

So true. Playing Imperials comes with free hand jobs from GW
>>
I'd care more about Konor if the Xenos weren't basically spoilers rather than actually involved in the conflict. Oh boy, my contribution is... picking a side to win that I'm not in any way affiliated with... woo...
>>
>>54653717
>Word Bearers get DttFE and ATSKNF
That isn't too bad. I'd imagine you'll probably get relics and strategems as well.
>>
>>54653760

I missed this when did night lords legion trait get leaked?
>>
>>54653790
Mechanids when
>>
>>54653774
Should you really care considering you're going to win the campaign no matter what? Just keep collecting those "painted" points.

Fuck you,
The Xenos
Aka NPC Races literally points for the real factions
>>
>Ahriman/ExSorc lose infantry tag if they take disc
>you need infantry, biker or helbrute tag to benefit from Chapter Tactics

Uhhh, 40ktards?
>>
How important is primer? I live in an apartment, and don't really have anywhere to spray it on.
>>
>>54653824
Spicy. I'd sent that to GW on Facebook right now if you're a TSons-fag so they fix it for your codex.
>>
>>54653802
You can see all legion traits in the new WD. Its a very tiny picture but if you try realy hard or have good eyes you can read them.
>>
File: IMG_0706.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0706.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>54653718

>A new IG player looking for advice

I have waited long for this day.

The first thing to figure out for yourself is what you want out of this army. Do you want to win, do you want an army that looks cool and abides by a certain theme, or some balance of both? This determines what you buy and field.

If you want an efficient, competitive army:

In the current edition, infantry spam is very efficient and this makes IG quite good now. The price of a guardsman dropped form 5 points to 4, and a conscript is only 3. This and flak armor saves actually are a thing now,since AP only lowers saves, not eliminate them.

On the flip side, tanks are less good than they used to be. The leman russ and chimera in particular are basically just rolling bricks now, able to take damage but not deal it. IG also benefit from a lot of special weapon dense deep striking units like scions and command squads, and now special weapon teams and veterans can share transports and get even more high AP stuff in one box. Artillerywise, the basilisk and manticore both are very good now, the mortar tanks less so.

As for minis, there's pig iron, wargames exclusive, anvil industries and victoria off the top of my head. Also consider the old cadian, steel legion, vostroyan, or even chaos cultist minis as substitutes for the goofy cadian plastics and their earmuff helmets.

Whatever you do, I advise you to take your time to make a converted, interesting mix of units with their own unique look unless you truly are in love with some default color scheme you see in the books. If you try to paint your stuff exactly as you see it in the codex, you will realize on day years from now you spent hundreds of dollars making someone else's army. Never buy a model you think is ugly just because it has good rules - if you really want it, convert it from something else.

You are going to want a lot more infantry - probably at least 150 models, and maybe some tauroxen.
>>
>>54653840
Get a cardboard box, take out one of the sides, tape models down in said box, take box outside, spray.
>>
>>54653824
They will probably FAQ it to whatever their old keyword was. Discs were just jump infantry in 7E.
>>
>>54653824
>Thousand Sons codex is out
>>
>>54653840
1) Important
2) Spray outside if you can't do it indoors
>>
>>54653840

Just use brush on primer. Stynlyrez is god tier, better than gesso and Vallejo
>>
>>54653802

See your other reply, but NL give stacking -1Ld within 6", which is worthless because moral is more useless now than in 7th
>>
What washes should I use for blacks and whites?
>>
>>54653868
>moral is more useless now than in 7th

Does this nigga even play the game?
>>
File: Tox-troopers-3up-400x400.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tox-troopers-3up-400x400.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>54653718
So, I do have a list of possible, and I do say "possible" replacements. Most of them are either expensive, or simply not to my taste:
Any of Victoria Miniature's guardsmen
Maelstrom's Edge Contractors
Prodos Games Imperial Trenchers
Prodos Games Bauhaus Hussars
Anvil Industry Tox Troopers
Puppets War Tactical Troopers

Any suggestions? Pic related is a Tox Trooper, which is leading, due to them being 23.77 plus shipping for ten of the buggers, minus bases(which is fine, I have 50+) and look the best.
>>
File: Hierophant.jpg (155KB, 721x549px) Image search: [Google]
Hierophant.jpg
155KB, 721x549px
OUT OF MY WAY IMPERIUM FUCKING SHITS
>2+/5++
>FIFTY wounds
>12 S10 AP-2 2D6 X 2 Biocannons
>WS 3+ to 5+ BS 3+ S10 T8
>2D6 hits flamer
>Can aoe an entire unit in melee
>6x strength TWENTY attacks AP-5 2D6 damage REROLLING ONES
>Its blood is acid
>Can literally carry a squad of gaunts, jeans, hive guards warriors or tyrant guards as well as a tyranid prime or broodlord
All for a measly 1800 points / 90 power
>>
>>54653889

I have never seen moral do anything besides kill one conscript because the unit is either totally wiped or its immune because GW decided IG, Orks, Poxwalkers, and Nids needed immunity to moral.
>>
>>54653850
>Never buy a model you think is ugly just because it has good rules - if you really want it, convert it from something else.

this is really good advice.
>>
>>54653927
What about buying a miniature that sucks because you think it looks neat?
>>
Blood Angels or Ultras?
>>
>>54653937
hows that WAAC list?
>>
>>54653937
Also acceptable, rules change over time my dude, case in point, Chaos Spawn stopped being useless little ass goblins.
>>
>>54653664
Why would the non-codex player accept the match, unless the codex player agreed to only use their index rules?
>>
>>54653937
I don't consider myself a waacfag but I bought models solely for their looks and over time I came to regret my decisions. Being useless during a game doesn't make up for a model looking nice for me anymore. Shits expensive.
>>
>>54653717

I think that GW legitimately believes its own shit about how Chaos is the big bad of the setting and that they're on equal power to the marine dexes, and/or believe that moral bonuses in and of themselves are powerful or that paying for a 16% chance to ignore a wound when their are other 1 cp strats that let units add 1 to wound, roll additional hits on 6s, or move and shoot after advancing at ludicrous speed.

That and a significant failure to address some of the issues with the model line and the one-up-manship of the normal marine line over chaos. Putting aside the centurions, which are blatantly loyalist oblits/muties, chaos does not have any equivalent of or access to:

>Conversion beamers
>Grav weapons
>A huge assortment of melee weapons, including thunder hammers, power spears and relic blades (if you count the index)
>A flying transport
>A highly shooty small unit transport
>Customizable vanguard vet equivalent (could count warp talons I suppose)
>Multiple landraider variants
>land speeders
>Dreadnoughts beyond the helbrute
>A non turkey fighter craft
>non line of sight weapons
>A special shooty option on Chaos Sternguard equivalent (like their special issue bolters)
>Cyclone Missile launchers, assault cannons, and plasma cannons
>And attack bikes

Instead of that chaos gets the three dino bots, more customizable terminators possessed and spawn. You could call having daemons as allies a big boon but marines have EVERY other imperial codex to draw from for allies, so I'll call that one at least even. I'm sure some of these deficiencies are made up for by FW but GW doesn't want to acknowledge they exist so neither will I

Chaos, because of its small number of units and limited options per unit compared to other marines is just boring, and it comes across as weird that you average chaos warband subscribes more closely to the codex as far as squad loadouts go then the SW
>>
>>54653850
Firstly, thank you for the help! Its nice to hear such a positive response! Anyways, what I really want out of this army is really aggressive and shooty army, that will lay down huge volleys of lasers as they march up the field. I have a real penchant to move my guys perhaps a bit too close, but I simply can't help myself; I love getting up close and blasting away. But I do want to win games, or at least have fun games. I am so tired of Admech being out gunned and outsped by everyone else, while being outnumbered.

I like the idea of having large hordes of miniatures, but with the time and money restrictions I have, I know it's going to be a slow build. But regardless, its one i'm excited for!

As for this army, I really want it to be unique from the rest of everyone elses stuff; As of late, I am doing more and more conversions, and buying more from other people. Although I've never really done my own paint schemes before, I want to do one for these guys. I just need to figure it out.

As for tanks, how many would you get? And how do you run them? I kind of want to get some, as a way to help give my army some punch as it plows its way up the field.

>If you try to paint your stuff exactly as you see it in the codex, you will realize on day years from now you spent hundreds of dollars making someone else's army.

You know, I've never thought about it that way.
>>
>>54653920
>T8
>"Titan"

Tyranidlets, everyone.
>>
How does one Ork in 8th?

Are Trukk Boyz even a thing now they have to disembark and jog over to the enemy?
>>
>>54653824
What >>54653859 said. With the release of the CSM codex and the clear omission of TSons from the roster, that leaves TSons in a limbo with questions that need answering. For one thing, will Magnus and Ahriman gain access to the new Tzeentch spells? I'd like to say yes, but who knows? Hopefully they will address this in the codex or an faq but we shall see.
>>
File: IMG_0908.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0908.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>54653937

This comes down to why you play the hobby. You need to honestly asses what you enjoy about 40k and decide if you want to spend money of the hobby aspect - ie, suboptimal but cool models that are fun to play with - or the gaming aspect - ie, the stuff that optimally works.

In my case, I got heavy into IG with the release of the Steel Legion models back in 1999 with the Armageddon Codex, and never stopped loving the lore of that particular regiment. I try to stay as true to its look and feel as possible, so lots of light mechanized infantry and some armor.

That being said, I work with what I find thematically acceptable to make as competitive a list as I can within those bounds, since it's no fun to play a game you can't even hope to win. The optimization of my list is constrained by its thematic consistency, though, so it will never be top grade. I've accepted that, and it's more fun this way.
>>
>>54654021
Nidlets is more catchy
>>
File: 1470235550550.png (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1470235550550.png
9KB, 205x246px
why does gw hate chaos
>>
>>54653920

We had a guy bring that + some chaff to a 2000 point tournament a few weeks ago

He lost every game
>>
>>54653886
The better question is what exactly are you trying to do?
>>
>>54654055
Hate them so much that they made them one of the two halves of the poster-child-feud. CSM are being set up as THE big bad atm. I can only dream of xenos being given that sort of treatment.
>>
>>54654054
You are most certainly correct, sir.

Nidlets it is.
>>
>>54654055
Because they overestimated the power of Chaos Marines.
>>
My friend decided to give up on getting a Deathwatch + Inquisition army to work the way he wants and sold his models to buy some Thousand Sons instead. So I need a 1,500 to fight him with now that he's willing to do matches above 1000

This is what I put together as a first draft - he showed me his list but Im trying to make a well-rounded army for all comers, since hard-countering specific armies is a dick move

I dont have a decent list builder and I didnt want a mile tall post so this was the best way I could come up with to actually post the list

any thoughts?
>>
>>54654055
C'mon anon, isn't this what you wanted?
Your slightly worse tac marines with sloppy second legion traits?
>>
>>54654043
Maybe they will allow Daemons to use TSons Legion Tactics, allowing Magnus to use them as well.
>>
>>54654008

What I find hilarious is that Loyalist Marines have more access to old school equipment than chaos Marines, which fucking ass backwards.
>>
>>54654070
Come the fuck on. What chaos undivided releases do we ever get? Our big fucking baddie (Abbadon) Is still a fucking resin cast model, while you get plastic everything
>>
>>54654089
That is pretty clear cut: TSons will not be getting any Legion Tactics in this codex so Magnus and Ahriman won't have to worry about Legion Tactics for a while. The ones that are getting Legion tactics are Black Legion, World Eaters, Word Bearers, Emperor's Children, Night Lords, Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Renegades.
>>
>>54654073
But nidlets is cute, and 60% of Tyranids players are female, so that doesn't work.
>>
>>54654070
>Poster Child

No, anon. Deathguard are the bad guy poster children of 8th, which are now totally different to normal CSM by having tons of shit other legions don't have access to, just like thousand sons.
>>
>>54653937
I have been playing CSM since 5th ed, what are you implying here anon?
>>
>>54654070
No way
They are just the punching bag for the brand new Primaris Marinesâ„¢ (RRP $60 in stores now) to beat up on and look good

The big chaos leader has a resin model from 20 years ago, while the imperium just had TWO triumvirate releases, and a a fuck load of characters have gotten updates
>>
>>54654089
>Word Bearers Legion Tactics
When?
>>
>>54654014

A good goal for you is 150 infantry to fill 3 conscript platoons, backed up by priests and commissars to keep them on the table. This will be a lot of bodies on the field for your opponent to deal with, and each one with the first rank fire order will get up to 200 shots at close range.

Supplement this with your scions armed with meltas and plasmas to deal with armor, since conscripts can't hurt vehicles at all. A master of ordinance in the backfield surrounded by basilisks and manticores adds a lot of hurt, too.

For tanks, the conqueror is the best all-rounder battle tank for its points right now. Tauroxen are the best transports, point for point. I wouldn't recommend more than 1 or two battle tanks, since with the new movement rules they just don't hit often enough for their points imo. Unless, of course, you just like the models, then go for it.

Another option for you is to skip the battletanks and invest in a stormlord, which can carry up to 40 men inside of it and even lets 20 of them shoot out of it while embarked, making it a moving bunker. You could put an entire platoon in there, or 4 squads of 5 scions each, all using special weapons to really dish out pain. You can also easily convert a trojan support vehicle out of a chimera to give the stormlord's megabolter rerolls on 1, and unless they changed it embarked techpriests can still repair the tank without leaving it, so it will even regenerate damage every turn if some enginseers are on board.
>>
>>54654129
I wonder why Death Guard though. Was there some beef between Mortarion and Guilliman?
>>
>>54654137
2-3 days
>>
How should I support my 10 combi-plas terminators? I have no idea what to take with my CSM anymore. I'm mostly infantry heavy and don't have the crazy dinobots. I do have a contemptor or two.
>>
>>54654145

Because Deathguard were popular.
>>
>>54654145
Simplicity and contrast. World Eaters would also have worked.

When explaining the setting to a new person, probably a 12 year old child, explaining the story and context of the Black Legion is complex. Death Guard look unique and can be explained very easily to even a normie.
That's the goal of GW in my opinion.
>>
>>54654160
MSU cultists
>>
>>54654194

Why MSU? Isn't that just giving them both T1 AND free kill points?
>>
>>54654160
A sorc in terminator armor. Get warp time and prescience and go to town. Warp time will ensure you get to a 4" charge distance for whatever needs charging and prescience will ensure that you will hit whatever it is you need to hit.
>>
>>54654173
It was a good call, imo. Khorne-themed chaos baddies are already overrepresented - red guys with chainaxes and horned helmets that scream and fight in melee has been done a lot.

Death Guard are a better, more unique foil that gives some needed attention to the more neglected aspects of Chaos lore. They make good flagship baddies.
>>
>>54654212

Terminator armor is too expensive. I should have mentioned that I drop a Lord and Sorcerer with the terminators, both with jump packs since it allows them to Deepstrike, while giving them super mobility.
>>
>>54654213

Khorne got daemonkin not extremely long ago as well as getting world eaters legion tactics. 1k sons got the next major release.

Nurgle is due up and doesn't have the whole tits and drugs thing Slaanesh has. Still hoping we see a daemon prince Fulgrim this edition. I'd count on Angron eventually too.
>>
>>54654238
Then that works. As long as you have a means of getting your sorc to your terminators and give them warp time and prescience, you're golden. Now if you're looking to round out your army, post the list, pts bracket and talk us through your game plan. That'll help us tailor our advice better to suit your needs
>>
>>54654148
Alright. How important is WYSIWYG in paint schemes for most people?
>>
>>54654259
I care very much about WYSIWYG modelling, but as far as paints go I dont give two shits. You can bring bright yellow ultramarines if you want as long as they're holding the gear written on the army list.
>>
>>54654259

How do you mean? Like playing a Blood Angels army with an Ultramarines paint scheme?

If that's the case then as long as everything is appropriately modeled and clearly identifiable (These Honor Guards are Sanguinary Guard, these angry Ultramarines are Death Company etc) it should be fine.
>>
>>54654025
Yeah, still good for getting a small mob with a character or two in. You can't jump EVERYONE on turn one afterall... I mean, unless you have enough weirdboyz. For much more than boyz though, most people seem to be trusting Battlewagons, with possibly taking some grots to soak up deaths should it explode. Haven't done it myself, but that's what I see more talk of in the thread.
>>
>>54654317
Alright. I know some people at my locals get pretty anal about it. Saw someone get refused to treat his army as Fists because he hadn't finished painting them.
>>
>>54654259
It's not that big of a deal.
Like if someone brings an ultramarine army, but use them as salamanders because they want to benefit from the chapter tactic, then I'll give them a funny look, but I'll still play them.
>>
>>54654254

I'm more generalizing, really. Until my axes come in from china, I'm stuck with lightning claws because I'm using the plastic Cataphractii termies from Calth. I didn't realize they were limited. That means I'm looking at 800pts for the fuck you team (550 for termies, and the rest split between the HQs). It's expensive, but it's already proven it's worth. They average 2 tanks DOA, and then are a general mess because 20 2+/5++ wounds is a tough nut.

Now, I have cultists available as well as a 3 HH boxes worth of dudes (2 Calth 1 Prosp), plus some Raptors and rhinos, and some ghouls I bought to use as spawn. Oh, I also have a Dreadclaw, but I don't think 200pts is worth it. As far as weapons, I have plasma for days because I'm drowning in Volkite, which makes for good counts-as plasma (I was making them 30k NL until HH died). I also have a ton of combi sets, a bunch of Autocanons, some Lascannons, and a squad of melee CSM.
>>
>>54654332
The guys at your store sound like elitist shitheads
>>
>>54654259
WYSIWYG is mostly for ease of identifying weapons and loadouts in the game.

people usually don't care what models are painted like.

the only things that really trigger autist are.
1. weapons usually match their load outs so that the minimal proxies are used to prevent confusion
2. specifically modeling units so that they are harder to spot (modeling for advantage) by giving a model vastly different silhouettes
>>
>>54654259
There is no way to enforce paint schemes, although having an actual official paint scheme complete with decals and then not playing that chapter or whatever is kinda weird.
>>
File: EC-Sexy-Back.jpg (76KB, 736x518px) Image search: [Google]
EC-Sexy-Back.jpg
76KB, 736x518px
reminder that the "bdsm mutants with tits and tentacles on them" aesthetic for slaanesh is an old and busted relic from the 80's and should be replaced with the regal, elegant and perfectionist aesthetic that they have in the newer books and stories
>>
>>54654259
I played an all purple and gold SM army as Fists today because I wanted to test out some stuff I got from a friend. No one had any issues and the shop owner said that as long as they have the symbols or something that lets people know what they are without having to ask then it's all good for turnys
>>
>>54654347
Yeah. I really like the game, and want to have more than just two people to play it with, but the LGS is full of assholes.

>>54654350
I'm talking more wanting to have a "non-canon" paint scheme.
>>
>>54654374
the soul drinkers are an imperial fist successor
>>
>>54654359
New daemonettes disagree with you, GW is afraid of doing tittied models anymore and have done a hard turn away from the "beautiful" slaanesh.
>>
>>54654383
The rules straight up say you can paint non-canon schemes.
>>
>>54654389
>soul drinkers
Oh cool shit.

Thanks mate.
>>
>>54654394
Alright. What page? I want to be able to cite it against them if they bitch at me for having "wrong colored" miniatures.
>>
First 8th List at 1500 points - Still 184 points to go, anything I could be doing better or add with 184 points to complete?

Planning on boosting the big Boyz mobs across the table with the Weirdboyz, allowing the Dreadz to stomp across the board

++ Battalion (CP +3) (Orks) [1316 Pts] ++

+ Troops +

Boyz [222 Pts]: Boss Nob, 30x Boyz, Power Klaw, Slugga
Boyz [222 Pts]: Boss Nob, 30x Boyz, Power Klaw, Slugga
Gretchin [60 Pts]: 10x Gretchin

+ Elites +

Runtherdz [26 Pts]: Runtherd

+ HQ +

Ghazghkull Thraka [215 Pts]
Weirdboy [62 Pts]
Weirdboy [62 Pts]

+ Heavy Support +

Deff Dreads [149 Pts]: 4x Dread Klaw
>>
>>54654389

In the last book I'm pretty sure the Fists did tests and said "Nope, you're not one of ours"
>>
How do I make epoxy copies of bits? I can't find any kabalite blaster bits on sale anywhere.
>>
>>54654441
Just cut the front blades off spare shredders.
Not like 99% of players know what dark eldar weapons are anyway.
>>
>>54653920
>All for a measly 1800 points / 90 power

For the same value my guards can bring enough big guns to shoot down this oversized critter in half a turn
>>
File: 1499418957538.jpg (674KB, 1210x1613px) Image search: [Google]
1499418957538.jpg
674KB, 1210x1613px
Thingken of converting a 1/48 Mig21 into a Thunderbolt, Yay or Nay?
>>
>>54654055

More like why do they give you whiny nobodies attention at all. Can't even win your own campaign
>>
>>54654283
We seem to be exact opposites.
Mind you I'm fine with paint schemes being slightly different from standard but holy shit WYSIWYGfags pls go
>>
File: MN6ERVM.jpg (86KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
MN6ERVM.jpg
86KB, 800x593px
>>54653627
>Ironlets

It need not be so.
>>
>>54654473
fuckin ziggy man...
>>
What's the best stuff to get for silicone and resin recasting?
>>
File: Untitled.png (1013KB, 1354x883px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1013KB, 1354x883px
>>54654418
>>
>>54654457
What about for dark lances for scourges?
>>
>>54654014
also, i'd be hesitant to buy into the infantry spam meme. while it is effective in the current meta, it literally takes GW just one FAQ to potentially ruin such an army build. I advise going balanced, instead of spam - point cost updates will impact you less.
>>
>>54653920
>1,800pts
That's 500 conscripts and commanders, for 2,000 lasgun shots.
3 turns to bring it down, even if you are killing the max conscripts per turn.

roaches go home
>>
>>54654512
Just mix in splinter cannons or heat lances.
>>
>>54654418
There really aren't any rules anywhere that state models can be painted differently but at the same time there's nothing saying they can't be either.

It's rather sad that GW would even need to include a rule saying you can paint models however you want but since these particular faggots sound super special just demand they point you to the rule stating how models are painted is relevant to being able to use chapter tactics.

I'd say just call the models a successor chapter since the page detailing chapter tactics explicitly states successors can use whatever chapter tactic you think fits them best but honestly they sound like such colossal faggots I doubt they're even worth playing with.
>>
File: IMG_0328.png (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0328.png
49KB, 500x500px
Best Guard regiment?
>>
>>54654515
You know the nerf is coming, right?
>>
>>54654533
catachans
>>
Help I need tyranids roster on 1000 against orcks and Space marines Anny ideas?
>>
>>54654494
ooooooooh fuck that looks rad actually
>>
>>54654528
I don't think WYSIWIG players will buy it if I have a couple different designs of gun and call them all the same.
>>
>>54654542
Reminder that Catachan btfo Chaos before Guilliman could even reach the planet.
>>
>>54654535
In a few months from now, perhaps.
>>
File: Witchhunters.jpg (1MB, 1998x1218px) Image search: [Google]
Witchhunters.jpg
1MB, 1998x1218px
>>54654055

Why would anyone actually like Chaos, ever?
>>
>>54654561
Desire. A desire for change, a desire for glory, a desire for peace, a desire for aesthetics, a desire for truth. The Imperium suppresses desire, suppresses yearning for anything within the constraints of the Ecclisiarchy's mad howling. To want something so much, you'd risk everything for it - that's Chaos.
>>
File: LOTDTS.jpg (209KB, 1800x620px) Image search: [Google]
LOTDTS.jpg
209KB, 1800x620px
So, I'm building Pre heresy TS force, and I want to incorporate some Legion of the Damned.

I wanted to use some Rubrics for this with timey wimey warpey tzeentchy shenannigans, but I'm not sure how I want to proceed on the colors.

Option 1 is just painting it same as my preheresy marines.

The other options are pic related.
>Pure Tzeentch warp ghost look with garish pinks and blues
>Time line merger with preheresy and post heresy colors blending into each other
> Shadowy "mysterious ally" mostly black shadow minus some edge glows look.
>>
>>54654556
I don't think it will take that long. They got to Razorwing Flocks, Genestealers and Stormravens in a matter of weeks.
>>
>>54653937
>>54653927

To say "never bother with rules, look at the model", just doesn't cut it for me. It needs to be a combination of the two, because a brutally good looking model would just look boring and flat if it doesn't have cool rules/fluff to follow. And a mediocre looking model can most definitely look better if it has fun, matching fluffy rules that lifts its role on the battlefield.
>>
>>54654586
>1KS counts as LotD
>not even any changes, just a paint scheme
>one of the options doesn't even change paint scheme

Lame and unimaginative as fuck.
>>
File: Warband 2.jpg (418KB, 2747x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Warband 2.jpg
418KB, 2747x1000px
>>54654561
Model wise I find them more diverse and interesting with more opportunity with freedom of conversion. Plus the imperial models also look a lot smoother and cleaner which I dislike.
>>
>>54654556
given that conscript spam won the giant BAO and the organizers are GW playtesters, i would anxiously await this months FAQ if I was you.
>>
>>54654591
They will probably just wait for the codex to change it.
Tournament lists with 500 conscripts are amazing in theory, but the sheer number of models is impractical and is just not done.
>>
>>54654624

As long as commissars exist, conscripts will be broken.
>>
>>54654644

Any factions GW seems to act lazy about balancing probably has the changes coming in a codex soon
>>
-1 to hit from 12"+ seems so shit

Alpha Legion get cucked again
>>
>>54654644
>but the sheer number of models is impractical and is just not done.
You don't need 500 of them, only 150.

Which was pretty much what was included in every single top tournament list at the recent major tournament, other than Tau commander spam armies.

Tau Commanders and Conscripts are almost guaranteed to see a nerf in the next FAQ.
>>
>>54654624
Considering the quality of the playtesting for this edition, I wouldn't be too worried about sensible changes coming from them.

>>54654656
I said this
>>
>>54653821
Anon, Chaos is the NPC now. By pure results no one plays Chaos.
>>
>>54654671
>I wouldn't be too worried about sensible changes coming from them.
The nerfs we saw in the last FAQ were all really sensible changes.
>>
>>54654681
Obvious flaws that they missed in their supposed two years of nothing but playtesting
>>
Has Night Lords got their Tactic yet?

My mate runs his Night Lords as both vanilla and CSM as he doesn't like 'Night Lords are Chaos worshippers' thing.
>>
File: bait.gif (3MB, 385x314px) Image search: [Google]
bait.gif
3MB, 385x314px
>>54654672
>>
>>54654644
>Tournament lists with 500 conscripts are amazing in theory, but the sheer number of models is impractical and is just not done.
So did you miss the razorwing flock swarms that they totally nerfed already?

If I had more than one unit of conscripts I would be selling them on ebay right now, before the nerfs render them worthless like those 7,000+ Riptides that no one is buying.
>>
>Desperate for Redemption: Roll a D6 after completing the first set of attacks for a unit of Penitent Engines in each Fight phase. On roll of 4+, the unit can immediately pile in and attack for a second time.

I've seen people shitting on penitent engines but this coupled with an extra attack from a priest sounds pretty killy. Does their lack of movement speed just fuck them over?
>>
>>54654716
see
>>54654698
>>
>>54654698
Nice asspull figure of two years. This is how you know these faggots don't even have a real argument, they just make up shit because they're butthurt 8E is so much better and successful than their shitty 7E.
>>
>>54653920
I don't think you fully understand how much shit you can bring for 1800pts
>>
>>54654064
I wanna base my guys on snow so maybe a slushy look if such a thing exists?
>>
>>54654726
Uh, what does that post have to do with the fact that conscripts are going to get nerfed soon?
>>
>>54654586
I like the idea, but the paint scheme needs to be awsome to pull this off. So preferably 1, maybe 2 and definetly not 3.
>>
>>54654671
it's the most balanced edition 40K has ever had and you're still bitching?
t. been playing since Rogue Trader
>>
So Nurgle's next models are

>Mortarion
>Plagueburster Crawler tank
>Death Guard Terminators
>Grand Cultivator of Nurgle(?)
>Great Unclean One(?) (Possible Ku'gath Plaguefather?)
>>
>>54654707

It's shit. Break it to him lightly
>>
What's a halfway decent way to play a mostly custodes army? Are the contemptors worth it?
>>
>>54654359
That's an odd shift. I thought the point of slaanesh was extremes, like how the Emperor's Children's senses got jaded to the point that only the most jarring and discordant colors and sounds could stimulate them. Kinda like how that artist in the Fulgrim HH book started making paintings out of human remains.
>>
>>54654749
Probably
>>
>>54654755
Where is it? Got all of them?
>>
>>54653920
3 tigers 1-0s are even all that great but could probably give it a close fight
>>
>>54654733
Mix snow + PVA glue + white paint for slushy snow
>>
File: 1462003254444.gif (366KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1462003254444.gif
366KB, 500x375px
how do I motivate myself to start painting again?

I've lost all creativity and am just stuck on the base colour.
>>
>>54654749
The first four for sure, plus the multipart Plague Marines and a full Bloat Drone kit.

GUO is heavily rumoured but we don't have any confirmation. If we get one it will surely be a dual-kit that can be built as both a generic GUO and Ku'gath, just like the new LoC that can be built as Kairos.

Also strong hints that both Maggoths and the Glottkin are getting repackaged with conversion sprues to be fieldable in 40k.
>>
>>54654777
>digits
Thanks nurgle, lookin forward to it
>>
So how can GW nerf conscripts?

Increase the points of all IG infantry?
>>
>>54654533
Steel legion
>>
>>54654494
where did you find this? Wanna see how he made it, looks very nice.
>>
>>54654791
Weaken orders on conscripts
>>
>>54654791
That's my expectation. All IG infantry including HWTs are criminally undercosted.
>>
File: 1418444340828.png (107KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1418444340828.png
107KB, 510x546px
>>54654359
This is why my daemonettes are kitbashed with Witch Aelves and my EC marines all have perfect white hair and flawless light pink skin.
My terminator lord still has a greenstuffed tentacle arm with bone-like blades coming out of it but even that manages to look kind of elegant with the way it's molded to look like it's coiling back to strike.
>>
>>54654766

People painstakingly got them from a French WD picture. NL is stacking -1 Ld within 6", which is fucking terrible in warhammer " Lol what's moral? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" 8th edition.
>>
>>54653627
wat
>>
>>54654806
Orders don't matter, they're OP even if you don't bring officers. They need to raise the points or take away their 5+ flak armour.
>>
>>54654791
>Inherently Cowardly: If Conscripts are not within 6" of a Commissar, roll 2D6 at the start of every turn, that many models are removed from the field as they run away.
>>
File: SQUATTED.png (394KB, 738x740px) Image search: [Google]
SQUATTED.png
394KB, 738x740px
Is the Grey Knights range getting squatted or redone?
Because this is worrying me.
>>
>>54654819
>mfw IG are just a bunch of sheep trying to run away from the sheepdog commissar
>>
File: 1496795544116.png (539KB, 1120x905px) Image search: [Google]
1496795544116.png
539KB, 1120x905px
> Play Space Marines
> Really like the look of the Valkyrie
> Want to get one

If I end up buying one, what should I transport in it? I was thinking of picking up some old AOS Ogres or something and converting them into Ogryns and using the Valkyrie to drop them behind my opponent's lines or something.

Should I get an Inquisitor or some cheap Cadians or something?

I run a lot of vehicles/Dreadnoughts so maybe some cheap suicide units that would hopefully keep my opponent's dudes occupied while my mobile armor slowly ambles across the board would be a good idea, but the idea of dropping a small squad of tough units also seems appealing. I don't know enough about IG units though so I figured I'd ask /40kg/.
>>
>>54654819
Worthless change, they're always within 6" of a Commissar and not every army has access to snipers, not to mention even if they do they aren't cost-effective and even if they were it's too easy to hide the commissars out of LoS.

It will be points increases.
>>
>>54654797
It's cataphracti legs
Tartaros body.
mkiii arms and backpack
>>
>>54654776
Run a block and then masturbate. Not even kidding. Get the blood flowing
>>
>>54654830
The new Grey Knights codex goes up for pre-order this Saturday. Why the fuck would you think they're getting squatted.
>>
>>54654830
They're probably all getting repackaged in new boxes with the datasheets from the new Codex included inside.
>>
>>54654839
Can I substitute the run for a second round of masturbation?
>>
>>54654747
>most balanced edition
lmao no
It dropped with massive teething issues that should have been picked up within a week of playtesting.
Maybe it will be the most balanced in a year or so, but right now it's pretty messy
>>
>>54654852
compared to other editions, this is balanced as fuck.
>>
>>54654852
It has tons of imbalances, but still markedly less than every previous edition. I've been around almost as long as that other anon and I can tell you for sure, 8th is the best so far.
>>
>>54654815
>Stacking -1 Ld
Could actually be fun if you did msu that attacked together.
>>
>>54654486

There's a middle ground that needs to be reached at the minimum.

Recently I had a game where the kid used a Helldrake as a Hemlock fighter, empty flight stands as heavy weapon platforms, and other empty bases as various other troops with different weapons.

The game sucked to play. I couldn't remember what each individual base had for which troop and/or weapon it was representing and he couldn't either.

If someone points at a Crisis Suit squad and says "they all have burst cannons" even if they're not modeled as such I don't care. But when people make proxies and don't even have a fucking model on the base I get agitated.
>>
>>54654852
If you think this in imbalanced, you weren't here in 3rd.
>>
File: x1HiYas.jpg (80KB, 600x792px) Image search: [Google]
x1HiYas.jpg
80KB, 600x792px
>>54654545
>>54654797
Found it here
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328717-iron-within-iron-without-iron-shake-it-all-about/
>>
>>54654852
>massive teething issues

Oh look another hyperbolic 8E hater. Even the largets 8E issues are nothing compared to the shit that was 7E's fully developed ruleset. It's like you newfags weren't even around for 6E's unbeatable White Dwarf Flamers of Tzeentch army from Nov 2012, or flyer domination and taking over a year to get the turret removed from the Heldrake.
>>
>>54654816

I built that model back in December, it's from the Start Collecting Space Marines box (my first "real" 40K purchase after picking up the three marines+glue+paint/brush starter box).

As a joke I stood the Venerable Dread's torso onto some regular marine legs while I was building it and sent it to a friend. He thought it was funny so I posted it on 4chan once. I still get a kick out of seeing someone else post it every once in a while.
>>
>>54653627
>>54647532
I can see he's a big guy, but how is he nice when he smells so much from his sweat trapped neckbeard
>>
>>54654850
No, you need the exercise, otherwise masturbating will just make you sluggish
>>
>>54654879
he used to post on the HH general as well. I remember them making fun of the white dots on the lenses.
>>
>>54654897
>I remember them making fun of the white dots on the lenses.

Kek'd.
>>
>>54654044

I really like your army. Must have spent a ton of time getting it up to this standard.
>>
>>54654870

Any unit where the neg leadership would matter, you will more than likely kill outright because you have multiple units within 6" of another unit. Any unit you can't, isn't going to care about your penalties anyway, like Orks, IG, or Poxwalkers.
>>
>>54654871
There's a difference between WYSIWYG and proxy I think.
Pointing at a specific Chaos Space Marine and saying he has the icon of excess and a boltgun even though he's modelled with a flamer? Okay, easy enough.
Pointing to a Heldrake and calling it a Hemlock fighter? Empty flight stands as anything? Scraps of paper as models? An ice cream container as a land raider? Fuck right off with all that shit.
>>
>>54654494
Cataphracti legs
Tartarus torso
Mk3 arms and backpack
Mk4 head
>>54654797
>>
>>54654884
>He's a big guy
Will he die if he shaves off the beard?
>>
>>54654880
You mean the exact same problems that 8E is still dealing with?
The flier spam was the same shit as the heldrake, but worse, and spamming 200 brimstones is still OP as fuck

I don't hate 8E, I like it way better than 7th and 6th, but if you think it's perfectly balanced now, you need to pull your head out your ass
>>
>>54654924
No one claimed that 8th ed was perfect. Calm your ass down.
>>
>>54654918
It would be extremely painful
>>
File: 20170629_191320.jpg (188KB, 1103x684px) Image search: [Google]
20170629_191320.jpg
188KB, 1103x684px
>>54654932

For you
>>
>>54654423
You could probably fit a few Nobz in a trukk with the spar points. Even without a powerklaw in the group, they'll tear through most anything, and having 2W and 4+ saves makes them last pretty long. Even if they get taken out early, that's shots that don't go into your boyz mobz, who will be doing serious damage once they get in close.

Basically a trukk full of anything just to make your opponent worried would probably be an okayish investment. I haven't tried my burnas in a trukk yet, but I assume it's still a worthwhile old tactic. Honestly, 184 pts for orks is a LOT of options. I'd say a gunline of lootas, but they honestly didn't do much for me last time I played (though they dice were fighting me a bit). Whatever you got with, good luck!
>>
>>54654259

It depends. If its tourney, Id suspect people bring the best viable option to the table. If its a friendly game with buddies id suppose we all would expect a little more class when we play. If you have painted up a beautiful army of, say Ultramarine's, you don't show up at your friends house with Salamanders chaptertactics because you think the rules are more beneficial. If you have spent an eternity of converting and writing fluff for your own hombrew chapter, you don't shift in chaptertactics as soon as you think you will get a small advantage. Its just poor taste if you ask me. A indication that you don't really care for the world of warhammer 40.000, you don't care for lore or fluff, you are here to game and win, and that's all.
>>
>>54654649
There should be a character sniping stratagem.
>>
Guard Troop list with 4 Dreadnoughts. Worth the extra points for a captain and the Noughts or just over kill with tanks?
>>
>>54654924
Good thing nobody said it was perfectly balanced you dumb nigger. By your own admission it's better than the prior editions so why the fuck are you being such a whiny ass bitch?
>>
>>54654733
Paint bases a light blue gray, then put down water effects and dump snow flock on it. Comes out pretty slushy looking.
>>
>>54654863
This. Been playing off and on since 2nd, and 8th is probably the best balance I've ever seen in the game. The last fresh start the game had was 3rd ed, and that's an edition that made me quit the game for years.
>>
>>54654962
I was originally complaining about obvious oversights in the playtesting that lead to a ton of broken shit in the first tournaments
But apparently any complaint about the new edition is not allowed
>>
>>54654348

Oh God! I have a friend who insists on bringing 150 infantry guardsmen to the table and every fucking time proxy the shit out of his special/heavy weapons! Its come to the bitter end that he even has to tag small notes next to his models to explain what the guy is wielding, so not to confuse everyone!

"Ok so my unit of melta veterans will fire", pointing at a squad with 2 grenade launchers, 1 plasma gun and a warmahordes character stuffed in....
>>
>>54655001
Refuse games until he learns.
>>
>>54654879
thanks anon.
>>
>>54655001
I starting running conscripts because I didn't have enough special weapons. Lucky me.
>>
>>54654948

Agreed. I'm not hugely anal about painting but the whole "I chose this chapter because I like their lore and paint scheme but I want to play them as something else because they're better on the tabletop" is just another kind of WAACing.
>>
>>54655001
>"Ok so my unit of melta veterans will fire", pointing at a squad with 2 grenade launchers, 1 plasma gun and a warmahordes character stuffed in....
Holy shit what fucking cancer
>>
>>54654997
You mean the most diverse tourney result 40k has had in decades?

You were the one denying that 8th ed was not the most balanced edition of 40k, and by that very tourney result you are complaining about, the game is more diverse than ever. Secondly the "problem" list got faq'd out immediately in record time.
>>
>>54654791
>These are no soldiers - For every unit of conscripts you must field two full strength units of (regular imperial guard soldiers).
In addition, if your warlord is killed conscripts leadership is reduced to 1.
>>
>>54655001

See

>>54655022

Tough love is still love.
>>
>>54654879
>>54654494

This picture really shows what the Hobby is all about to me! Great conversions, great and fun ideas made real, painted great and with a wicked cool theme.
>>
>>54655033
Or just not allow orders to be used on them.
>>
>>54654791
>Fucking cowards - conscripts jump out of the way of bullets, so don't count them as nearest unit when trying to shoot at characters

Now you need other units or your comissars will die
>>
>>54654997
>I was originally complaining about obvious oversights in the playtesting that lead to a ton of broken shit in the first tournaments
https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2017/07/31/bay-area-open-2017-top-8-players-factions-and-awards/
apart from imperial guard (which is refuse to call AM), even competetive 40K seems incredibly balanced. special mention goes to 3rd place who ran a highlander (ie no unit twice apart from troops) space marines army
>>
>>54655033
>two full strength
It should be 2 units of militia per 1 professional squad, but there should also be a limit based upon the amount of company commanders you have
>>
>>54654719
Plus with Zealot you're re-rolling failed hits on a charge. They're pretty great so long as you can get them close, but that's the issue.
>>
File: im-ok-with-this.png (187KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
im-ok-with-this.png
187KB, 600x339px
>>54655001
>"Ok so my unit of melta veterans will fire", pointing at a squad with 2 grenade launchers, 1 plasma gun and a warmahordes character stuffed in....
it's awkward,agreed, but if it allows me to better understand trhe capabilities of various enemy units (by allowing him to field them), I'd have no issue. it's still better than playing with paper chits only.
>>
>>54655022
>>54655024
>>54655026
>>54655040

Well, to be fair its all friendly games, but its still annoying as fuck. Thus we have all ruled to play "open play" to start of 8th. This way you simply cannot allow proxy´s the same way, as no one really pays for upgrades or weapons! We will have to be brutally hard on enforcing a WYSIWYG attitude during these games, and he will simply have to adapt or stop playing.
>>
File: Second.jpg (66KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
Second.jpg
66KB, 625x468px
>>54654807
>>
>>54655043
Retard, even if you remove Orders, Conscripts can camp objectives beyond any opponents potential to kill them. They also can swarm defence line break missions. They're good even without that.
>>
>>54655040
>reddit spacing
>>54653627
To the guy that said hive tyrants were shit for easily being killed, gave you thought about keeping them 3+ inches away from tyrant guard, so they'll get the +1 attack when the tyrant dies
>>
>roll a D6, on a 2+ unit autopasses test. If you get a 1, commissar is removed from play and unit fails its test
>>
>tfw have over 100 Ork models to place when I start a game.

Is there a way to play Orks and not have to have 60 boyz?
>>
>>54655101
trukkboy mob
>>
>>54655101
Have you thought about using magnetised movement trays for them? You can get 100 magnets and enough milliput to secure the on for about £10 and would make transporting and moving them around much easier.

>>54655094

Lol.
>>
>>54655025

Agreed. I will willingly admit though, that if a person has gone through length to convert models to fit his theme even though its not a viable option for him. Such as a mate of mine who really liked some of the "regular" Space Marine units but played Dark angels. He converted, and painted up both Flyers and Centurions to fit with the Dark Angels theme, and then just played them as Imp-fist´s on a separate detachment. I would have even allowed him to use full DA rules for them if he had wished it.
>>
>>54655094
>reddit spacing

Not him, but anyone who knows MLA formatting or how to properly format a business communique will use double spacing out of habit.
>>
>>54655101
Yes.

Warbikes
>>
>>54655025

Which is better, playing an army you like who have rules you hate, or playing rules you like but an army you hate?
>>
>>54655101
I considered making a Primaris Ork list with a core of Nobs and Flash Gitz
>>
>>54655121
Where the fuck are you getting 100 magnets for £10. Every where I've seen selling magnets sells 20 for that much.
>>
>>54655081

But that's the point really. Its only a different form of WAAC if you ask me, to play proxy's. And while I agree its OK to play "try-hammer" for a few games, before you make a purchase. I don't think its OK on a regular basis take advantage of your friends being friendly, and systematically play proxy's just to increase your chances to win.
>>
>>54655135
in 40k, former since rules are so mercurial.
>>
>>54655120
>having a squad of less than 20 for boyz
it's like you like to lose.
>>54655121
I thought of that might eventually do it.
>>54655126
>implying I don't have 3 squads of Storm Boys and 2 squads of Bikers already.
>>54655126
But I
>>
>>54655135

The former, to me but I only play casually. I have a Word Bearers army and we have what seems by far the shittiest Legion rules but I'm not going to start calling them World Eaters.
>>
>>54655123
Don't reply, just report. Mods ban people for posting that shit as it's a Discord Raid group meme.
>>
>>54654956

So conscripts can shoot 150 shots into the enemy warlord with FRFSRF?
>>
>>54655027
>You mean the most diverse tourney result 40k has had in decades?
7th was "diverse" enough in terms of the lists that saw play. The bad units and the bad lists were REALLY bad, but there was room at the top. Marines had Gladius, Skyhammer, bike spam, space yiffs, Superfriends. Eldar massed scatbikes and spiders for troops but you could choose what you wanted to take as support: WK, Lynx, Hornets, aspect warriors, Dark Eldar, Inquisition, Riptide Wing. Chaos had Tzeentch spam and two types of Rengades spam. Flyrant spam was viable at the start of 7th and GSC was viable at the end. War Convo for AdMech. Tau and Necrons had more than a few things they could try. It was degenerate, but it was still diverse.
>>
>>54655123
Yes you write

Dear Mr Penis-Face,

I am writing to confirm that you have ordered the Shota Korusawa series on the 4th of July, please find attached the legal forms.

Yours Sincerely
(Signature goes
Between these two lines)
Jimmy Saville

But we're writing messages on an image board for God's sake, you don't have to be so formal/ attention whoring as they are on Reddit
>>
>>54654808
Pictures, s'il vous plait.
>>
>>54655145
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Magnets-6x2-mm-N52-Neodymium-Disc-small-strong-craft-magnet-6mm-dia-x-2mm/162353387918?_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3D7e987c738b5a48e68569179931b0285a%26pid%3D100102%26&_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452

Enjoy!
>>
>>54655169
Actually 50 conscripts can make 200 shots at 12" with FRFSRF
>>
>>54655169
If you let your warlord within 12" of 50 conscripts you deserve to lose him, but you could tack on a -1 hit roll if you really thought it was a problem.

Also, it's 200 shots.
>>
>>54655183

Well fuck, time to get magnetizing.
>>
>>54655162
>discord raid meme
Is that Kat's discord?
>>54655193
So do people use dice programs for that stuff?
>>
>>54655186
>>54655193

That's not better. Also, IG could just use it on their LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE in their army like Mortars, Missiles, and Lascannons
>>
>>54655056
Where are the lists? I can't find them.
>>
>>54655174
>But we're writing messages on an image board for God's sake
Yeah, so take your spacing autism elsewhere.
>>
>>54655205
You could still figure out ways to balance it. -1 to hit for every six inches you are away from the target, rounded down. Units that arrived from [not the battlefield] cannot use this stratagem on the turn they arrive.
>>
>>54655202
Dice towers and small dice.
>>
>>54655211
They can only be viewed using some phone app that requires a subscription, though apparently there is a 72 hour trial period during which you can view the lists.

http://www.bestcoastpairings.com/
>>
File: Big_Tyrone.png (3MB, 924x1376px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Tyrone.png
3MB, 924x1376px
>>54654145
>why death guard
you know why
>>
File: IMG_4882.jpg (145KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4882.jpg
145KB, 540x960px
Something the attention whore faggot missed
>>54655217
>salty/autism/current year's insult
Oh so should we just all use trip codes now so we get credit for our OC
>>
>>54655202
No, it's a discord (actually an IRC but they moved to discord) who forced /wst/ threads off here and does general shitposting on the board and in threads. Can't remember the name but somebody leaked the screencap to prove it.
>>
>>54655234
WTF. So FLG is monetizing army lists now?
>>
>>54655238
Autism has been the current year's insult for almost a decade now.
>>
>>54655251
Top cut started doing that like 9 years ago m8, fucking paying to see Pokémon card lists
>>
>>54655238
>Oh so should we just all use trip codes now so we get credit for our OC
Where did you get that idea?
Although if you want to get a trip so you can be filtered by the more reasonable people on /tg/, it will be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>54655251
>Yes that is the intent. The BCP app is the result of over a year of work from 4 dedicated professionals. In order for them to continue to bust their butts giving us a good product, they need to have something that makes it worth their time, which is income. So, if you want access to that part of the service then they ask you pay a very reasonable fee. It is a fair exchange.

Pretty much
>>
>>54655245
>>54655202
Shit sorry, no, the 'reddit spacing' meme was by another group unrelated to /tg/, it just spread to here because people actually believe it. again, report and ignore. He's a phoneposter so it won't matter anyway but anybody who phoneposts is likely a shitposter.

>>54655251
This isn't new, it's just a way for FLGS to get more money.

>oh you wanna win next weeks tourny? Pay $10 to see a list which won in [insert state/county/country] and buy those models, I'll give you a 10% discount if you buy a whole list

tier shit.

>>54655262
He's a phoneposter.
>>
So, what if the Night Lord's tactic was "We come for you!" that prevents outside units from affecting the moral of units within 6" of a Night Lord?
>>
>>54654659
I thought everyone was losing their minds over how OP raven guard were? It's all very confusing.
>>
>>54655266
>>54655274
Well fuck them. That's cancerous behavior.
>>
>>54655286
It would be even shittier.
>>
>>54655296
You can always pirate it like literally every other piece of paywallled information on the internet if you really don't like it.
>>
File: 20170802_101847.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20170802_101847.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
thoughts? not 100% done yet but gettin there
>>
>>54655288
because people are fucking idiots and thought it applied to their flyers.
>>
>>54655303
I don't see how to other than BoK or mismatched play. Any advice?
>>
>>54655312
Scrub out the shitty XIV and either get some transfers or a template or gitgud at numerals
>>
File: IMG_0014.jpg (97KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0014.jpg
97KB, 680x583px
>>54655274
>he's a phoneposter
>>54655286
A weapon to surpass conscript spam
>>
>>54655027
>got faq'd out immediately in record time.
Which for some previous editions meant "at all", as GW doing faqs regularly is by itself fairly new.
>>
>>54655318
Everything that ever got pirated required at least one (1) person to pay for it before it escaped to the internet. It'll be there eventually.
>>
>>54655321
>IMG_0014
>not a phoneposter

wew.
>>
>>54655312
Fix up your freehand. It's really distracting.
The armor itself is fine.
Also clean up the eye.
>>
>>54655320
yeah, i tried to give it a go but it didnt go well, transfers are hard to come buy when you buy sprues from ebay
>>
>>54655101
Just run Nobz and dreads.

Honestly though, having 60+ boyz on the table ain't bad, since they die all the time anyway.
>>
>>54655162
>>54655202
>>54655274
Nah the reddit spacing meme is from /pol/.
>>
>>54655312
Apply highlights
Repaint helm where the blue seeped over
Wash the eyes
Reikland flesh on gold
Get a micro pen to write XIV as it looks like paint ATM
How did you do the helmet colour
>>
>>54655350
Still as cancerous if not more than /pol
>>
>>54655350
Is that why people shout about post formats whenever they're losing an argument (or just want to whine about something that doesn't matter)?
>>
File: DX6Qxwb_d.jpg (17KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
DX6Qxwb_d.jpg
17KB, 600x400px
>Be me 2 years ago,play black legion and red corsair.
>leaks tell that chaos undivided will not have new models,only shitty legion specific,start to think gw hate csm.
>sell everything i have,keeping only heavy converted stuff.
>spend 5k € on HH mechanicum
>be happy

>be me now
>see new index and codex
>shiet.jpg
>time prove me right
>keks.jpg
>keep play HH
>>
>>54655101

D R E A D M O B
R
E
A
D

M
O
B

Every time I get tired of putting so many models down I whip out the walkers. It's even somewhat effective in 8th; Gorkanauts in particular are absolute blenders if they can close the distance. 18 attacks hitting on 3+ at Str 8 Ap-2 and 2 damage each are no laughing matter. I just wish Morkanauts were worth the points by comparison.

Oh, and Kans. Kans are surprisingly nasty. T5 with a 3+ save and FIVE wounds each, swinging at Str 8, Ap-3 and 3 dmg. Sure they're hitting on 5+, but some of those are going to connect and when they do it's going to hurt.
>>
File: IMG_0330.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0330.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
*Blacks your path*

What do you do?
>>
>>54655367
They use it to shit on people randomly. It's not so much a debate """tactic""" as it is just retard shitposting
>>
Here are the BAO top lists if anyone wants to see them.
http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/

2017/08/01/bay-area-open-2017-top-lists-pics/
>>
>>54655352
its just straight up leadbelcher with a nuln oil shade, plus a black stripe along the top ridge, and just cleaned up the eyes now, plan on getting a better alternative for the lettering on the banner, wanted to temp that out for now, and working on the flesh shade also, what would be a good wash for the eyes?
>>
>>54655300

How?
>>
>>54655375
Ask why this Dark Angel doesn't have a plasma pistol
>>
>>54655375
Does those flames make him go faster?
>>
>>54655416
He transformers into a Harley Davidson.
>>
>>54655398
Baal red to make it purple
>>
>>54654001
>"I challange you"
>"that's unfair"
>WHY DID INDEX ACCEPT?
>>
>>54655445
ah damn, don't got no baal red, would druchi violet be any good?
>>
>>54655390
So the top 2 are conscript spam. Big surprise.

That Ynnari list is quite unexpected, though. I thought they'd be better off as full infantry, but I guess hemlocks and fully kitted wave serpents are a thing now.
>>
>>54655400
Because 'not affected by external factors' translates to either a -1 or jack shit for a lot of units, and those that would suffer from it like boyz or conscripts have mechanisms to prevent massive losses from morale. You don't need the commissar for his leadership because you'll only ever lose one guy to morale anyway, no matter if you fail it by 1 or by 17.
>>
>>54655375
I step on your miniature.
>>
>>54655398
>>54655462
Just thin down one of your red paints with water and a bit of dishwashing liquid.
>>
>>54655470

That's the shit in saying is prevented by the tactic, moron.
>>
>>54655372
Nice blog. Also Ded Game.
>>
>>54655390
I wonder how long he'll be able to keep doing this before frontline sends him a C&D.
>>
>>54655483
It does not affect morale by raw. Learn2word, resin huffer.
>>
>>54655496
It went up yesterday. Download the pdfs and upload them to NormieBook. They can't shut it down after that.
>>
>>54655466
>introduce a way to deal with units with lots of models
>make all horde armies immune to it

Whoever did that is a fucking moron.
>>
>>54655375
Virus bomb from orbit.
>>
>>54655470
>>54655498

Instead it reads: "Enemy units within 6" of this unit have -1 Ld and during the moral phase are unaffected by other enemy models."
>>
>>54655514
GIANT
SPACE
FLAMETHROWERS
>>
>>54655455
>konor.jpg
>>
File: AsterionMoloc3.jpg (139KB, 680x880px) Image search: [Google]
AsterionMoloc3.jpg
139KB, 680x880px
So now we have an abundance of Mk8 Power Armour, Contemptor Dreads and Tartaros Terminator Armour in plastic I was thinking of doing a Minotaurs army
What would you guys consider the best chapter tactic to use for them?
>>
>>54655528
Living Terror - Enemy units within 6" of this unit:
- are not affected by abilites that would raise their leadership
- are not affected by abilites that would allow them to use an alternative leadership characteristic
- are not affected by abilites that would affect the number of models removed to failed morale tests
- subtract 1 from their leadership
>>
>>54655579
>Contemptor Dreads
>using the abomination of that plastic contemptor for anything other than the base of a leviathan
>>
>>54655512
I remember when geedubs was releasing 8th and they were all like

>Sick I all those morale ignoring rules? >Don't worry m8 we've sorted it out 4 u

Yet here I am wrapping commissars in blobs of Cadians and pretty much ignoring morale.
>>
>>54655579
No please
Buy the FW dreads
They're the same price (Or cheaper for aus at least) as the plastic one, but you get way more detail and pose-ability.

Probably use the salamanders tactic
>>
File: 1st image.jpg (285KB, 1109x1197px) Image search: [Google]
1st image.jpg
285KB, 1109x1197px
>>54655595
It's not that hard to make it look more dynamic
>>
>>54655582
If you're going that far on the Night Lords you'd have to go the distance for every other legion as well, not to mention all the space marine chapter tactics. Letting just one tactic ignore several rules seems a bit excessive.

Would probably be better to make it a stratagem.
>>
>>54655579
>>54655579
>abundance of mk8
I think you mean mk3 anon, and black templars are best RIP AND TEAR chapter so I'd go with them
>>54655595
You do know how to use a bone saw anon right
>>
>>54655623
I meant the deathwatch kit
>>
>>54655609
Hahahana holy fuck that model is so ugly, every time. I vote it for ugliest model, worse than dreadknight.
>>
>>54655609
This is the FW model
So, not the plastic shitheap GW put out.
>>
>>54655375
That's pretty good
>>
>>54654939

Thanks man thats good advice
>>
>>54655609

Isn't that a resin Contemptor?
>>
>Tzeentch tricking Magnus into destroying Emperor's wards did more damage than any other even in Imperiums history, while also enabling Heresy

How can other Chaos Gods even compete

>m-muh blood
>m-muh plauge
>m-muh sex

kek, more like Chaost Godlets
>>
Does GW sell kits to change my old marines from 25mm to 32mm, as I have 30 berserkers I want to use in an army but they're all old bases
>>
>>54655653
Don't bother. It's not worth the trouble
>>
File: 1501433493650.gif (1MB, 200x149px) Image search: [Google]
1501433493650.gif
1MB, 200x149px
>>54655617

>forcing solo moral up close and personal is bad
>ignoring an entire game mechanic like Cover or a blanket to hit penalty is totally fine
>>
File: 1501322056423.png (359KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1501322056423.png
359KB, 500x484px
>>54655653
>>
>>54655653
They sell 32mm bases on their own yes.
>>
>>54655657
Ignoring all moral bonuses is much more significant than ignoring cover bonuses. If you fire into a conscript blob while ignoring their cover bonus you'll kill a maybe one or two more. -1 to hit is only a big deal against units already hitting on a 4+ though admittedly is really good. If you negate all of a blob's moral bonuses entirely you're going to fucking annihilate that unit.
>>
God ideas for nids 1000p against orcks and plag marines?
>>
>>54655670
>>54655699
Can you paint straight onto the base plastic or does it need priming
>>
>>54655703
That's the optimal situation, it's weak against anything other than low ld blobs which you've already shot half to shit.
>>
>>54655657
Cover is barely even a mechanic anymore. The requirement of being IN the terrain feature negate any use it could have
>>
>>54655712
Don't. Barring that, humongous blobs of gaunts of both varieties with the occasional crone for flyer removal.
>>
>>54655716
Don't buy the bases from GW, you can get them far cheaper on ebay.
>>
>>54655726
It may be the optimal situation but it's pretty clearly only being suggested to counter blobs that rely on moral improving abilities. It's absurdly strong only against specific units, but it's still absurdly strong.
>>
File: IMG_4884.png (6MB, 1920x2920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4884.png
6MB, 1920x2920px
http://imgur.com/gallery/JyDVK
Japanese to English is funny
>>
>>54655760
Conscript blobs are precisely the kind of unit that should get fucking scared shitless and break in the face of Night Lords. Basically everything else in the fluff should rightfully ignore it.

Conscripts are such a fucking absurdly good unit that even in the complete absence of a Commissar they are not terrible.
>>
>>54655786
That's a problem with conscripts though, it's not a reason to give Night Lords an ability to make Nids run en mass.
>>
File: hU3c1Y5.png (120KB, 963x369px) Image search: [Google]
hU3c1Y5.png
120KB, 963x369px
>>54655776
>Squad squad
>Lettuce Gain found her way
I lost my shit
>>
>>54655716
Ideally you want to prime it to make the paint stick to the rims better. But its not 100% necessary, particularly if you plan to paint the rims black. The top of a base doesnt really need to be primed because the glue or binder used in basing materials handles sticking to the plastic.
>>
File: Japan Translation.png (2MB, 1888x383px) Image search: [Google]
Japan Translation.png
2MB, 1888x383px
>>54655776
XENOS CONFIRMED STRAIGHT. ALL OTHER RACES ARE GAY.
>>
File: Brad Angel.png (432KB, 328x593px) Image search: [Google]
Brad Angel.png
432KB, 328x593px
New thread with Brad Angels as OP when? Gotta love Google Translate.
>>
>>54655803
The ability as written in >>54655582 doesn't actually work on nids because it doesn't stop abilities from auto-passing morale tests.

Which is an oversight, but neat.
>>
File: Rise of Old People.png (697KB, 537x590px) Image search: [Google]
Rise of Old People.png
697KB, 537x590px
PFtthahahahahah.
>>
File: tumblr_orgrlhgxlZ1vjjcaco1_1280.jpg (330KB, 1280x959px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_orgrlhgxlZ1vjjcaco1_1280.jpg
330KB, 1280x959px
>>54655817
Filthy 'umies confirmed faggots
>>54655824
How long until Brad Angel teams up with the chadmarines?
>>
>>54655826
It would work on Boyz though.
>>
File: 4NsUd9o.png (454KB, 348x595px) Image search: [Google]
4NsUd9o.png
454KB, 348x595px
>>54655835
This shit is fantastic
>>
>>54655776
This is pretty good. I can probably try to explain away some of the more retarded translations if people are curious.
>>
File: bar.png (979KB, 1107x618px) Image search: [Google]
bar.png
979KB, 1107x618px
>>54655838
Who did the art for the Harlequin book? Best art GW has done since the Shield of Baal ones.

Also Brad Angels hang out at the Bar.
>>
File: all pumped up and ready to fuck.png (65KB, 676x1611px) Image search: [Google]
all pumped up and ready to fuck.png
65KB, 676x1611px
First time playing 8th
1k points
Last time I played was in 6th some years ago
Rate my list bois
>>
File: eGzwgpQ.png (863KB, 558x712px) Image search: [Google]
eGzwgpQ.png
863KB, 558x712px
((Tyranids))
>>
>>54655855
>Adecutor Sororitas
>Fresh Tiarer Squadron
>>
>>54654830
Most likely yet another repackaging, and a few primaris grey knight unit new releases.

Because Codex: Grey Knights is being released soon alongside Codex: Chaos Space Marines.
>>
Is putting your boys in trukks even viable now? Seems like big blobs are the only option if you want to win, has anyone given it a go?
>>
>>54655863
>heterogeneous group
>collective fleet
Fucking space commies ruining everything.
>>
>>54655875
>few primaris grey knight unit new releases.

Nope.
>>
>>54655840
Boyz have been known to run away before. Mostly because they started being routed, I guess. The ability the other guy suggested would be nicer to boyz because they could keep their own LD20 if you killed 10 of them but would rightfully start fleeing if you killed 20 of them in one turn (the mob of 30 boyz nearby notwithstanding due to, I dunno, Night Lords fuckery.)

Morale is hard.
>>
>>54655174
>you don't have to be so formal/ attention whoring as they are on Reddit
why not

if it triggers

faggots like

you
>>
>>54655886
I'd just rather them just tweak the problem units instead of giving the Night Lords specifically a counter to them.
>>
>>54655900
Even more so since using fluff to justify doing things in crunch is a slippery slope considering other armies don't have fluff represented in cruch.

Going by fluff Skitarii should be literally incapable of failing a moral test.
>>
File: IMG_4887.jpg (18KB, 487x106px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4887.jpg
18KB, 487x106px
Well Cawl changed everything now
>>
>>54655670
wtf i hate 25mm bases now
>>
File: 1486130432042.jpg (16KB, 400x376px) Image search: [Google]
1486130432042.jpg
16KB, 400x376px
>>54655776
> "Hey guys!"
>>
File: IMG_4888.jpg (33KB, 640x181px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4888.jpg
33KB, 640x181px
GOT MILK?
>>
File: 1490763437668.jpg (30KB, 768x719px) Image search: [Google]
1490763437668.jpg
30KB, 768x719px
>>54655835
Fucking kek.
>>
>>54655913
Wrong. Morale tests have never represented all units getting scared. It's to represent shit like "The Skiitari see that that the fire is too heavy so are ordered back to preserve their bodies" or "The Skiitari has their data-core injured which makes them go out of control".

How new are you to 40k? GW literally has always explained that failnig Morale tests, for some units, does not mean being so scared you run away.
>>
Is a magnet with a 1kg pull too much to magnetize a leman russ sponson? if yes what would be the best strenght for those?
>>
File: in the grim dankness.png (1MB, 1046x454px) Image search: [Google]
in the grim dankness.png
1MB, 1046x454px
>>54655914
We can go even more engrish
>>
>>54655776

>The Ultramarine's are the greatest of all space marine chapters.

Anyone else hear Roboute Guilliman with the voice of Donald trump say this speech?
>>
>>54655939
>The Skiitari see that that the fire is too heavy so are ordered back to preserve their bodies
Explicitly against the lore
>"The Skiitari has their data-core injured which makes them go out of control"
Is getting into retarded levels of abstraction and even GW wrote in the core book "For each point that the test is failed by, one model in that unit must flee and is removed from play. You choose which models flee from the units you command."

Anyways we're talking about Night Lords who's entire thing is causing fear and people are using the fact that conscripts would be afraid of them as a good reason to justify the rule. Yet there are other entities in the fluff that wouldn't be afraid of them.
>>
File: ducari.png (375KB, 927x229px) Image search: [Google]
ducari.png
375KB, 927x229px
<romantic city>
>>
>>54655984
Explicitly against the lore. You basically want Morale only to apply to Orks and IG? Crunch and fluff has never matched up. Welcome to 40k.
>>
>>54655939

This! The same goes for models taken out of action, its not always "Yep, the hero of the day took a lascannon shot to the face and died!", more like "He got severely injured and withdrew from combat".
>>
File: CANON.png (743KB, 942x451px) Image search: [Google]
CANON.png
743KB, 942x451px
JEAN STEEL CULT
>>
>>54655984
There is always a disconnect, you've just got to live with it.

Space marines having an average leadership but rerolling morale makes fuck all sense in the fluff, but it's a rule.
Dark eldar being able to shrug off a lascannon through the chest, cut it doesn't hurt.
A land raider being harder to hit, just because it's painted black and white.
>>
>>54655984
Morale tests don't represent 100% that they ran away. Just like 'death' doesn't represent the unit 100% dying.
>>
>>54656024
What? You do realise that Chapter Tactics ONLY apply to Infantry, Dreads and Bikes? Land Raiders don't get -1 to hit from 12". Retard. READ THE FUCKING RULES.
>>
>>54656035
Oh fuck off
Replace it with a dreadnought then
Still makes no sense
That's not really the point though, Einstein
>>
>>54656001
I've already said that fluff and crunch don't match up and I never said I only wanted moral to apply to IG and Orks. But trying to argue that Night Lords should have an ability that blanket ignores a bunch of abilities because they're extra spooky in the lore is not a good argument.

>>54656024
The fact that there's a disconnect is exactly what I'm arguing. The only justification any is giving for the Night Lords ignoring a bunch of moral improving abilities is fluff reasons.
>>
>>54655984

One can always imagine that there is something that happens when the Ld phase goes on.

"A hail of bullets shreds the unit, X models die from immediate gunfire, and when the dust settles they realize the firestorm was even harsher than they first anticipated as Y troops has also fallen, if not dead at least severely out of function"

This is but one out of a million scenarios anyone with a glimmer of imagination can construct when asking the question "why does this apply to my units?". The same goes for poison weapons and things not living, with knives and forks assaulting a armored tank and so on and so forth. With no imagination, Im afraid you would do better in another hobby not so dependent on a sci-fi universe.
>>
File: board.jpg (947KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
board.jpg
947KB, 2592x1456px
Rate our homemade board and terrain.

Do we need more or less terrain?
>>
>>54656045
Fear tactics are the whole flavour of night lords.
If you gave them something other than a leadership effect, it just wouldn't be night lords.

And why is leadership even in the game then, if nothing is going to be affected by it.
That's so boring gameplay wise.
>>
Are chaoscucks really arguing that Edge Lords should make Tyranids able to suffer morale because they wear some SPOOKY BATWINGS on their helmets? Holy shit you fags are such cancer, this is why all my points in Konor go towards helping Imperium.
>>
>>54656044

Yea, like... That would be as stupid as to think any form of camouflage works on armor.
>>
>>54656073
I never even said they shouldn't have something like the -1LD, but ignoring any moral improving abilities is just absurd.

You're missing the point of my argument entirely if you think I'm saying nobody should be taking moral tests, I'm saying fluff alone isn't a reason to justify some abilities.
>>
>>54656073

Be prepared for a "units receive an additional -1 Ld when taking the test". GW´s new thing seems to be minor buffs rather than extreme differences.
>>
>>54656066
More like 3/8
>>
>>54656066
Probably more. Also, putting more of the big pieces in the centre of the board, rather than in the deployment zones, would help a lot.
>>
>>54656074
You know synapse makes you automatically pass
>>
>>54656045
I agree, but Night Lords aren't immune to fear just because they cause it. In Red Tithe they're spooked out by Carachadons. An unnatural dread, not 'oh shit i'm gonna run' but you know. Ld debuffs is just a way of making units move away from an enemy, not to represent them shitting themselves. Or whatever.

>>54656074
But don't they? Night Lords have a -1ld debuff, so yeah? In terms of fluff it'd be explained as the Nids are cautious over attacking them because they sense blah blah blah.
>>
>>54656083
Literally just painted black.
Are you saying that every model painted black should get that buff as well?
If not, you're proving my point that disconnects exist, and that it's okay. Otherwise, fuck off the end of my dick
>>
>>54656102
Yeah but it looks like far up the reply chain some guy was trying to homebrew some bullshit that ignored that because his special snowflake spook marines had to be that special that they could somehow scare an inviolate monolithic hive mind possessing trillions of expendable mindless emotionless suicidal killing machines.
>>
>>54656051
The entire justification that people are giving for the Night Lord abilities they keep proposing is explicitly that they're extra spooky. If you're imagining casualties are suddenly much higher than expected because guys that are scary looking are standing nearby, you might have an overactive imagination.
>>
>>54656104
>In terms of fluff it'd be explained as the Nids are cautious over attacking them because they sense blah blah blah.
Tyranids don't have caution. They literally kill themselves in an excruciatingly painful acid bath they're done killing everything else, without flinching. They're born without digestive systems because they're not expected to live long enough to starve to death.
>>
>>54656119
Morale is to simulate them running away and getting scared
Not extra dead bodies
>>
>>54656123
>The Nids approached cautiously as the Hive Mind could feel the taint of the Warp on the Night Lord

Or whatever.
>>
I wish Chosen were 2 wounds so I'd feel better using Primaris to represent them. Might still.

Some Aggressors as Obliterators also might be in order, depending on how Oblits handle the new codex.
>>
>>54656130
No it isn't. Literally by GW themselves.

>The new Morale phase is simple, and only happens once per player turn, at the end of all your other phases. It will apply to almost every unit, and represents warriors fleeing the battlefield, dying from the psychic feedback shockwaves of their allies, or retreating with injured or fallen brethren. There will be very few units indeed that will not feel its effects.

Fuck off.
>>
>>54656123
Maybe they (the night lords) just taste really bad.
>>
>>54656139
>and represents warriors fleeing the battlefield
Literally the first reason
are you actually retarded?
>>
>>54655944
I unironically like this.
>>
>>54656143
>ignores the rest of the representations

Filtered.
>>
>>54656143
But not the only reason, because the point is it represents multiple things, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>54656143
>dying from psychic feedback shockwaves of their allies
>or retreating with injured or fallen brethren
>IMMA GONNA IGNORE THIS LOL XDD ECKS DEE
are you retarded anon? so retarded you can't read a few more words?
>>
>>54656143
(You). This is the kind of poster /tg/ has now.
>>
>>54656131
>rip and tear literal daemons without giving a fuck
>rip and tear warp-tainted [insert any other chaos legion here] without giving a fuck
>somehow scurred by the fags with batwings on their helmets
You're a huge faggot holy shit.

Thank god you don't work for GW and those guys wrote the actual rules correctly so that nids will never, ever give a single fuck about your faggot legion.
>>
>>54656146
>>54656152
>>54656156
He said it was stupid that more people are dying because of the spooky wings as if it was the only reason
If it's from night lords scare tactics, then it's because the enemy is getting scared, not because of any other reason listed.

Learn to fucking read
>>
>>54656131
It starts getting kind of weird when using fluff to justify very powerful blanket abilities that affect armies it wouldn't affect in the fluff. It's better to just leave it at something like -1LD so that it impacts units that would be scared.

Granted units like Commissars basically negating it is kinda shitty but that's more an issue with Commissars than a justification for giving a faction an ability just to counter them.
>>
>>54654850
No you fat fuck.
>>
>>54656169
Maybe NL don't shoot to kill
>>
>Finally, the week will be finishing with a preview of both the new codexes. Community writer Rhuairidh will be pitting the Black Legion against Ben’s Grey Knights. If you want to check out some of the new Stratagems, psychic powers and other powerful tactical options available in the new codexes, then you’ll want to see this game, starting at 2:00 pm [on Friday].
>>
>>54656169
Not really.

>NL shoots unit
>unit takes Morale test
>"Fuck this guys, let's get Private Jenkins outta here!"
>3 units removed

And so on.
>>
>>54656167
Except they will if the synapse creature isn't there. So suck a cock.
>>
>>54656182
>>54656193

People are suggesting an aura ability though that impacts all units within 6", so the Night Lords don't even need to be the ones shooting.

There's a reason I suggested it being a stratagem earlier since that means it is only benefiting the Night Lords and isn't some massive blanket buff.
>>
>>54655179
I would love to, but after my post I made myself dinner and got drunk, I'll take and post some pics in roughly 12-14 hours I guess.
>>
So Alpha Legion DP with Herald nearby gets -2 to be hit?
>>
>>54656167
SEETHING.

><Hive Fleet> units automatically pass Morale tests if they are within 8" of friendly <Hive Fleet> model with this rule

-1Ld will affect them if your synapse creature is dead so 'never, ever' is literally wrong. BTFO.
>>
>>54654383
>I'm talking more wanting to have a "non-canon" paint scheme.

Out of curiosity what exactly are you intending to paint?
>>
>>54656205
NIgga what the fuck Herald gives -1 to be hit?
>>
>>54656204
>drunk
Must be nice. I want to buy some wine and get plastered. Not opening up £500 bottles to get pissed on, those stay in my wine cellar.
>>
>>54656214
Good thing my synapse creatures shit all over everything in your army and bitchslap daemon princes like nothing, lol.
>>
>>54656237
>say something retarded
>you're wrong, retard
>L-L-LOL W-WELL G-GOOD THING!!!! HA H A!!!! ;_;

pathetic.
>>
>>54656139
>There will be very few units indeed that will not feel its effects.

HHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA
>>
>>54656232
I am drinking cheap vodka after a home made stroganoff dinner.
It is nice, but as a result I am in no position to take pics of my kitbashed daemonettes or my, admittedly poorly painted, EC Chosen.
>>
Can you stack psychic buffs and debuffs?

e.g. conceal on a squad multiple times?
>>
>>54656254
Don't you think it's a bit early for vodka m8?
>>
>>54656261
Not in matched play, you can only cast a single power once per turn regardless of the number of pyskers you got (Smite is the exception) outside of matched play, yes you can.
>>
>>54656261
no, buffs and debuffs from the same source do not stack unless explicitly stated.
>>
>>54656226
Meant to say Changeling.
>>
File: 1432533873738.jpg (187KB, 956x835px) Image search: [Google]
1432533873738.jpg
187KB, 956x835px
>>54656271
I'm Australian, it's just after 9:30pm where I am.
Also I use the vodka while cooking, helps my eyes adjust to the onion chopping and tastes good.
Plus now that my stomach is full of greasy meat, garlic, sour cream and onions a bit of vodka while I smoke some mugwort is great for relaxing while surfing 40k general.
>>
>>54656193
Yeah, that's fine too
Better than just
>"wings on helmet kills more people hmm le broken mechanic"
>>
>>54656277
Which page? Page 175 says they are cumulative. Though not in conceal's case as it is an aura ability.
>>
>>54656307
That does sound pleasant, if a tad heavy.
Eagerly waiting pics then, gonna have myself a joint and get back to painting.
>>
>>54656307
I see. Carry on, then. that sounds pretty comfy tbqh
>>
>>54654617
where can i get the skull heads?
>>
File: 1500973746438.jpg (69KB, 600x449px) Image search: [Google]
1500973746438.jpg
69KB, 600x449px
>>54656325
I mean, the meal was heavy if that's what you mean, mugwort is really light though, much milder than a joint of all things.
I'm fresh out of weed though, I'll be grabbing more tomorrow
But yeah, I'll take photos tomorrow and come in here to post.
>>54656326
It's super comfy, I'm in my bed and everything, leopard print big cozy blanket and it's even winter here, if I was any more comfy my heart might just stop.
I wish I had more comfy reaction pics in my Slaaneshi reaction folder, they're all a little too excessive and hyped, ironically enough, for when I'm getting comfy.
>>
>>54656323
As far as I can tell most psychic abilities are worded like abilities that only impact one unit so it's reasonably to assume the faq entry stating aura abilities don't overlap applies to them as well.

Pretty sure the "buffs are cumulative" is referring to buffs from multiple sources.
>>
File: 20170722_194846.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170722_194846.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
rate my list and my Typhus
2000 points
HQ
>1x Typhus
>1x Malignant Plague Caster
>1x Malignant Plague Caster
Elite
>1x Noxious Blightbringer
Troops
>18x Poxwalkers
>18x Poxwalkers
>18x Poxwalkers
>5x Plague Marines 1x Plasma Gun, 1x Power Fist, 2x Blight Launcher
>5x Plague Marines 1x Plasma Gun, 1x Power Fist, 2x Blight Launcher
Dedicated Transport
>1x Rhino 1x Havoc Launcher, 1x Combi-flamer
Fast Attack
>1x Foetid Bloat-Drone
>1x Foetid Bloat-Drone
>1x Foetid Bloat-Drone
>1x Foetid Bloat-Drone
>1x Foetid Bloat-Drone
>>
File: 1501673892340.png (542KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1501673892340.png
542KB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>54656398
>mfw that's me
:3
>>
>>54656398
>Discord
>Reddit
Top cancer
>>
File: the best.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
the best.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>54655776
>the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best the best
>>
>>54656382
Looks good anon, do you have fun with your list or are you getting feedback before you play?
>>
>>54656382
stop posting the same goddamn list 20 times .. you're going to get the same goddamn answers.

your ass is going to get reamed by high tough armies (vehicles)

get a 2nd formation with havocks or get some predators.
>>
File: the chocodex nougstartes.jpg (205KB, 747x839px) Image search: [Google]
the chocodex nougstartes.jpg
205KB, 747x839px
>>54654008
>>Conversion beamers
So few units can take them that this is practically irrelevant
>>Grav weapons
They suck in 8th.
>>A huge assortment of melee weapons, including thunder hammers, power spears and relic blades (if you count the index)
Fair.
>>A flying transport
Fair.
>>A highly shooty small unit transport
Are you referring to the Razorback? If so, we have different definitions of "highly shooty".
>>Customizable vanguard vet equivalent (could count warp talons I suppose)
Eh, maybe.
>>Multiple landraider variants
Fair.
>>land speeders
They're... okay, I guess. You aren't missing much.
>>Dreadnoughts beyond the helbrute
Fair.
>>A non turkey fighter craft
True, but the Turkey is quite good, and for a while was better than any Loyalist aircraft.
>>non line of sight weapons
What, all two or so of them on units that are merely average at best?
>>A special shooty option on Chaos Sternguard equivalent (like their special issue bolters)
You're grasping at straws with this one. There doesn't need to be a Chaos equivalent of EVERY loyalist unit. At that point, you'd just be playing Chapter Tactics: Spiky Marines.
>>Cyclone Missile launchers, assault cannons, and plasma cannons
Eh, I can see plasma cannons being a legitimate complaint.
>>And attack bikes
Pretty damn bad this edition.

For the love of god, quit your blubbering. Yeah, it sucks that the non-cult legion tactics suck (I was hoping IW would be interesting and tough--alas), but get a grip, man. You don't see Blood Angels players bitching nearly as much as Chaos despite them getting an even less-defensible shaft on rules and units.
>>
>>54656186
Sorry I don't follow WHTV so I'm not sure ... 2pm in what time zone?
>>
>>54656474
Britbong. Don't know where you are, but it's 1pm here right now, so I'm sure you can work it out. Assuming you don't rely on battlescribe to do all your maths, of course.
>>
File: 15016752841441708102481.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
15016752841441708102481.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
So /tg/ what's dark crusade like?
>>
>>54656493
8am here in Toronto and thanks!
>>
>>>>Grav weapons
>>They suck in 8th.

They far from suck, check the math

>>>>A highly shooty small unit transport
>>Are you referring to the Razorback? If so, we have different definitions of "highly shooty".

The twin assault cannon razorback is very points efficient
>>
File: Untitled.png (191KB, 605x583px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
191KB, 605x583px
>>54656503
Actually, apologies but may have got things a bit wrong, looking again they've got both games for Friday listed as 2pm. Not sure what's going on with that, maybe the community article:
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/01/warhammer-live-schedule-august-2nd-to-august-4th/
...will get corrected at some point. Still, you've got the timezones sorted.
>>
I can't find the "real" model for Tarantula Sentry Gun with assault cannons. I have to buy separately sentry and cannons alone?
>>
Rate my BA List (this is to warm up to 8th edition, haven't played since 6th)
1000 points

HQ
>1x Astorath
>1x Sanguinary Priest w/ Jump Pack

Elite
>8x Death Company w/ Jump Packs, 2 Swords 1 Thunder Hammer
>1x Death Company Dreadnought

Troops
>5x Scouts w/ Snipers
>5x Tac Marines w/Lascannon
>5x Tac Marines w/Lascannon

Dedicated Transport
>1x Drop-Pod
>>
>>54655630
The problem is all of that Inquisition iconography
>>
How hard is sculpting large imposing chaos marines? Is there anything I should use as a base?
>>
>>54656532
No Hvy weapons in 5 man Tac squads
>>
>>54654494

>Truescale autism
>>
>>54656530
Ahhh cool cool
>>
>>54656565
Battlescribe doesnt show me any errors, are you sure?
>>
>>54656565
Wrong.
>>54656532
Looks okay to me, other than your dread not being able to ride in the pod.
>>
>>54656585
>>54656588

you are correct, I cant read
>>
>>54656588
Oh crap, I didn't think of that. Do you recommend any changed?
>>
>>54654494
What a lazy shit job. Are you actually proud if this is yours?

The legs are obviously cataphractii, not power armour. It's like you're so autistic that you need truescale but not autistic enough to do it the proper way?

How one person can be literally retarded at being retarded is mind blowing. But by all means take this to the /wip/ circle jerk I'm sure they'll love it there fru fru.
>>
>>54656608
changes*
sorry I can't type
>>
>>54656610

Post your conversions, senpai.
>>
would a fetid bloat drone in a nurgle deamons detachment get aura buffs from a death gaurd detachment since it's data sheet also lists death gaurd in keywords?
>>
How many Armies is too many?
Im working on a Deldar, Imperium and Chaos Marine army.
>>
>>54656611
I think you should save the death company dread for when you can fit a storm raven to transport it in bigger games and you probably should bring razorbacks for your tac squads so they don't get shot off the board turn one.
>>
How the fuck do i counter a Tzeentch Flamer list?
>>
>>54656654
When you start running out of ideas for paint schemes for your newest army, because every scheme you think of overlaps with an army you already have.
>>
File: IMG_2593.jpg (509KB, 920x816px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2593.jpg
509KB, 920x816px
>>54656640
Yes.
>>54656610
Pic related is a pretty nice truescale conversion.
>>
>>54656654
I'm resisting the urge to start a Genestealer Cult army to go along with my Marines and Dark Eldar

I still haven't even played a game of 8th edition yet
>>
File: 1466837082882.jpg (125KB, 655x653px) Image search: [Google]
1466837082882.jpg
125KB, 655x653px
>>54655776
jesus christ
>>
>>54656705
fiddling with the models is just a good way for me to get some time in with my old man every week, I try to keep my armies at or below 1500 points so they never get too crazy.
>>
>>54656705
How the hell did Genestealer cults even become a thing.
They are such a departure from every other army in the game, and so stupid.
>>
>>54656768
how so
>>
>>54656340
They are FW enforcers
>>
>>54656768
They've been a thing for a very long time.
>>
>>54655986
Our tourism is down since the whole Yannari thing just a little rebranding!
>>
>>54656775
Everything is sci-fi and futuristic, but then the genestealer cults look like something out of an old B movie horror.

Plus the trucks look like something from Tonka, not GW
>>
>>54656398
> First two bookmarks are hentai websites.
This is one living, breathing meme.
>>
>>54656761
>I try to keep my armies at or below 1500 points so they never get too crazy.

Yeah, I always preferred that myself. I'd rather have three 1000 point armies than one 3000 point ones. I really should consider forces that can ally together a little more easily for big games though.
>>
>>54656802
Are you new to 40k?
>>
>>54656802
you're silly anon
>>
>>54656816
40k is grimdark, but it's still sci-fi

Cults look like they are wearing bad costumes.
>>
>>54656830
You can't get much more OG 40k than GSC, anon. They've been in the fluff a long, long time
>>
>>54656802
>Sci-fi and futuristic

Right because gothic architecture is so futuristic.
>>
>>54656830
>40k
>sci fi
Yep so new your paint hasn't even dry yet.
40k is at best a space opera
>>
>>54656845
Yeah, and so are plasma guns and 8 foot tall soldiers in power armour.
See >>54656830

>>54656842
Yeah, which is kinda my point.
They haven't really changed, and still reek of the 80s
Just surprised they decided to update them rather than squat them
>>
File: hellraiser response 2.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hellraiser response 2.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>54656866
>they still reek of the 80s
>>
>>54655776
>Heterosexual
Wow, GW is really homophobic
>>
>>54656802
It's not so much science-fiction as it is science-fantasy
>>
Is there a way of building Nids that doesn't require spending ridiculous amounts of money?
>>
>>54654122
Nidlets a cute!
>>
>>54656900
Nidzilla?
>>
>>54656921
How is Nidzilla these days anyway
>>
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/02/legion-focus-Dark-Angels-aug-1gw-homepage-post-2/

It's up
>>
>>54654359
Diaznettes are still one of the best deamonette sculpts, they were a good blend of excess and sex
>>
File: adachi2.jpg (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
adachi2.jpg
9KB, 300x300px
>>54656940
>legion-focus-Dark-Angels
>>
>>54656940
Even if they were going to do that, it'd be Legion Focus "The Fallen". To be honest i still wish they would make the lion a traitor, fuck those shitty HH books trying to screw it up, it makes the dark angels more tragic and helps to reinforce why things like the inquisition exist in 40k, because nobody can be above suspicion.
>>
>>54656935
No idea, but as a non-nid player it sounds like it would be fun to play as a bunch of big stompy bugs
>>
>>54656969
>implying HH for DA was more reasonable than all other legions due to splintering more times than the IRA
>>
>>54656842
Knights have been in for about half as long but people bitched about them getting updated/fleshed out.
>>
>>54656979
What? I just meant the HH books try and paint Lyndon B Johnson as a loyalist.
>>
>>54656969
What if the lion had been a traitor and cypher and his buds had to hide him in the rock. However the rest of the legion couldn't know of their father's treachery so the fallen had to to go on the run, because they aren't the heros we deserve but the heroes we need.
>>
>>54656992
See thats what i WANT to be the case. Though i think the theory cypher is a time traveler from the future makes a lot of sense so i don't know how that would fit in (maybe the imperium finding out lion was a bad dude causes them to wipe out the dark angels and the dark angels are needed to stop some calamity?) but the guy who writes the horus heresy books had the lion's conversation with luther specifically crafted so as to try and put down that theory.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (193KB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
193KB, 266x200px
>tfw still too indecisive to pick an army
>>
>>54656812
Ive got 1500 points of Deldar and I love the fuck out of them, they are my babies, and then maybe like 300-400 points of Mortifactors space marines that I want to slap into a guard/general Imperium army and Im just getting started on a maybe 1000 point Chaos Undivided warband, I like the variety, and I want to model all the factions I like instead of just sticking to one.
>>
>>54657017
join chaos
>>
>>54657029

CSM is actually one of the armies I was considering.

Either CSM, Dark Eldar or Primaris Marines.
>>
>>54657017

It's easy, you have to have like a top four or three and then you can boil down from then
>>
>>54656980
SoB, GSC and Knight have almost months of separations regarding their appearance in the fluff.

Those 3 are one of the few things that still look like 40k. With their over the top and gothic looks
>>
>>54657029
No, chaos will be destroyed
>>
File: 1374752866299.jpg (150KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1374752866299.jpg
150KB, 894x894px
>>54657017
Play Orks.
>>
>>54656654
I have DEldar and CSM also, and I've been tempted to take up the dystopian hordes of the so-called "Greater Good".
>>
>>54657032
Of those I'd go Primaris or Dark Eldar; then given that everyone and their mother players Marines, I'd go Dark Eldar.
>>
>>54657032
Or do Alpha Legion, they're chaos, they get primaris and they get cultists buffs
>>
>>54657029
>"Exalted" sorcerers of Tzeentch are weaker than vanilla Libys

Falling to Chaos was a mistake.
>>
File: Geykinghtfeelius.jpg (162KB, 875x894px) Image search: [Google]
Geykinghtfeelius.jpg
162KB, 875x894px
>>54657029
Play boltaction or grey knights
>>
>>54657045

I really love Orks in fluff, but they're just far too expensive to play, plus I'm a pretty shitty painter, I couldn't do them justice.
>>
File: Advice_Darkeldar.jpg.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Advice_Darkeldar.jpg.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>54657032
Dark Eldar, do it.
>>
>>54657060
>ward knights
Lmao
>>
>>54657032
If going Chaos, go Tsons or DG since they have updated models.

For Primaris, just go I guess, they're relatively limited.

Consider the Dark Imperium box set. It's good value and if you pick one side over the other you can double it by trading.
>>
>>54657064
Could always do a Deff Dread army; small model count and pretty easy to make them look good even with average painting skills. If I were to start up Orks thats they way I'd go.
>>
>>54657085
See
>>54657057
>>
>>54657032
If you like Dark Eldar as well, go Slaanesh CSM, we have similar themes.
But there also aren't a lot of DEldar players so if you want to be unique, fast, and kind of squishy with no psykers DEldar are cool too.
Not trying to discourage you from DEldar, they look cool and if I was going to start an Eldar army they'd be my go to faction, busy with my Chaos dudes atm tho.
>>54657041
Good luck with that, Chaos is human psyche magnified and reflected back.
>>54657058
Tzeentch is a nerd anyway, even last edition the Slaanesh and Nurgle psykers were stronger on average, besides Doombolt all his powers were situational.
I hope he stops being useless soon, not because I play him, I just want him to stop making the rest of us look bad.
>>54657060
lolno
>>
>>54656883
No, GW is really homosexual. Only aliens are straight.
>>
File: 523253.gif (185KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
523253.gif
185KB, 320x240px
New player here. Are Chaos undivided Daemon princes a thing? If not, how would i go about choosing which chaos god to dedicate my Word bearer daemon prince to?
>>
For my grey hunters my squad should consist of 7 bolters one serg and two special weapons right?
>>
>>54657058
If that is true then what little faith I had in GW is lost.
>>
>>54657104
They are in older cannon, but GW is trying to remove them because it doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>54657108
6 dudes, 2 specials, serg and wolf guard.
>>
>>54657058
Was that in 7th edition ? Because looking at the stats of the two the Exalted Sorcerer seems a lot better (not to mention Warptime is OP if used right)
>>
>>54657104
Belakor is undivided.
Aside from him, no unnamed and undivided Daemon Princes unfortunately.
>>
>>54657017
Post your choices and we will meme at you at try to get dubs to help you decide
>>
File: tumblr_onq29kk2Ag1uqdhz8o1_1280.jpg (356KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_onq29kk2Ag1uqdhz8o1_1280.jpg
356KB, 1200x1200px
>>54657097
>human psyche
Well let's kill the bits that aren't, like Slaanesh, and go from there.
>>
New bread when?
>>
>>54657104
Not anymore. They used to be fairly common, but I think fourth edition did away with that.
As for picking your patron deity, just pick depending on how you built the model.
>>
>>54657119
Ok so drop one bolter and add a wolf gjard thx
>>
>>54656109

You know, its a combination of both color and chapter TACTICS. "From the shadows strike the Raven Guard, emerging with dizzying swiftness to gut the foe before they have a chance to react", this is literally the text for their chapter tactics trait. Where other chapters might pose brightly on a hill, sword in hand and holding speeches of being the Emperors divine justice, the ravenguard are simply not there at all to the naked eye.

That it, on the tabletop might look goofy where a dreadnought runs over open ground on a gaming board that leaves much to be desired from in terms of cover or buildings might be. But one can also imagine the dread simply having taken cover the turn before making a break for it, by simply not being "in your face" as other chapters dreadnoughts might have been about their presence.
>>
File: 1500967169666.jpg (20KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
1500967169666.jpg
20KB, 207x243px
>>54657127
If you really think Slaanesh isn't present in the human psyche you're either naive, an idiot, or blind.
Does your mommy know you come to this site? It's not exactly child friendly outside the blue boards. Or in them for that matter.
>>
>>54657142
>>54657142
>>54657142
Lets go new thread
>>
>>54657119
Should i include a standard bearer?
>>
>>54656610

You are the cancer that destroys this hobby. I seriously wouldn't mind if your heart failed to sustain your bloated body any longer, and you fell dead writing your next post.

No really, its that bad, I would feel nothing but joy knowing we at least got one autistic neckbeard out of the hobby.
>>
File: IMG_9995.jpg (206KB, 800x1142px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9995.jpg
206KB, 800x1142px
>>54656802

Personally love the cults. Some of the best plastic GW has released in terms of details and quality, that's my opinion on it anyway.
>>
>>54655844
>adeptus custard
KEK
>>
>>54655875
why whould faggot knights need primaris marines?
>>
File: 1501596388407.gif (1MB, 173x262px) Image search: [Google]
1501596388407.gif
1MB, 173x262px
>>54656680
>that imperial fist
Thread posts: 563
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.